Act!

Act! CRM makes it easy to build relationships that last with quick, organized access to highly personalized customer details. Because every business runs differently, users can create an Act! experience tailored to their business and industry needs -- an adaptable, everywhere, connected workspace. A flexible CRM solution that is uniquely yours.

Work for Act!?

Learning about ACT!?

Act! Reviews

Showing 221 ACT! reviews
ACT! review by <span>Erik S.</span>
Erik S.

Uncloud CRM

What do you like best?

The fact that everything is going to the "cloud" is nice but sometimes I like to be able to use the software that I am paying/paid for where ever I am and ACT still allows you to do this, with their offline client.

What do you dislike?

The rare instances that I would like to be logged into 2 separate databases at the same time with in the same program or even in multiple instances of the program would be nice but with the offline this is not achievable (it is however doable if you use a mixture of either the cloud version and offline version or multiple tabs in the cloud version). The mobile app would also be really nice if it would work with custom virtual directories, as it sits right now you have to use the default APFW virtual directory which allows other customers using the web version to see what other databases are attached to that virtual directory possibly lessening customer anonymity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price you see is the price you pay for everything included. So many of the cloud only based solutions advertise a much lower price than ACT but don't give you all of the features that ACT does, once the products have comparable features the price for the cloud only solution is either the same price or more expensive. Also with the v19 release of ACT a mobile app is available.

Keeping all of my business contacts separate from my personal contacts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Act!
ACT! review by <span>John F.</span>
John F.

Robust, powerful, on-site databases w/ backups to local or iscsi drives

What do you like best?

It has darn near every type of field available, action built-in and follow-up type of alert you could possibly think of. You can custom create more fields, run reports on all fields even those you created, you can customize the view and layout that every user in your organization will see, or create one for different departments that displays the fields they use the most. My accounting team loves me for this, as I created custom views for them that shows the customer information pertaining to their department.

The backup routine is super useful and it works! You can setup what days, time and destinations to backup to, including network shares that are attached via iSCSI, local drive, external drive, or setup a routine to backup and copy it offsite.

De-duplication tools are really useful and it integrates with email clients to record emails automatically that it matches to profiles inside your ACT!

As it uses SQL databases, you can offload this to another server to speed up the processes and to grow the database to whatever size you require.

What do you dislike?

It is huge. It is a mega-huge program and takes a long time to load. In today's world, we want speed and only load up the useful things pertinent to my job. I do not need it loading 10 thousand other things that I'll never use. Making it more customizable to remove all the excess items that are great, but I'll never use in my company, would make it less 'heavy' and much quicker to load.

Only compatible with Windows.

It locks up a lot when running huge reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always say test things first. However, with ACT, a simple test is outside the typical realm of how much time or effort one will invest to test out a product. It takes a lot to setup, a lot. It will require a dedicated server and is a resource hog. Do not try to deploy it in a VM environment...unless you can reserve all the system resources only for that one VM.

Do not get anxiety with how many fields and actions exist inside ACT. Instead, just start small, task yourself with creating a look that works for you, this is called a Layout. Then create some customers. Consider what things you'd want to do with ACT, like follow up with a customer, contact them on their birthday, etc. Set reminders for these things and create a rule to automatically create them for future customers. This will alert you and perform whatever action you determine, such as send an email to the customer wishing them a happy birthday, or welcome them back from their vacation you booked for them, etc.

Securely storing client data. It servers as our CRM and as it is a secure database residing on SQL, it can be expanded to meet your needs. It also helps to track email responses to customers by automatically recording the emails inside the database.

What CRM solution do you use?

ACT! review by <span>Sheila H.</span>
Sheila H.
Invitation from the software vendor

So quick - so easy - so efficient!

What do you like best?

ACT! is the way to go for any Client Management system. It provides everything you could possibly want to organize, communicate, and keep track of information in a safe, guarded, and effective manner. I've been using ACT! for only the past 2 years and am finding out new uses for it to help our business - WOW!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything I don't like about it yet. There is just so much it can do - I feel I've barely scratched the surface.

Communications, organization of client data. We now have the ability to send to a select few or to a large group e-blasts, newsletters, birthday - anniversary - wedding cards. It also allows me to sync the calendars in the office with my outlook so I know who is doing what without having to go into ACT! every time to check.

ACT! review by <span>Rachel G.</span>
Rachel G.

Using ACT is very pleasent!

What do you like best?

I use ACT primary to keep track of the different companies that the business I work for does business with. It enables the billing to go smoothly, and for all the different people using the program to call different businesses to leave little notes, so the next person is aware of any changes that may have occurred within that particular business.

What do you dislike?

I feel that it has a slight archaic feel to it, there isn't a modern sleek feel. It doesnt work as fast as one may like, although it is difineitly reliable! I think the company could do with an update, or about 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for sale orders and purchase orders to be disconnected, in the sense that there is no way to have a drop down with all the POs linked to the SO in question.

We are able to solve the issue that all the diferent employees are not necessarly aware of the changes that different companies undergo, and quite frequently. We are able to use ACT as the starting point for all company look ups, and therefore before I would make a call I would note what is updated on the company's account. This tells me what who I am looking for or who may have left the company recently, whatever changes the company may have had.

ACT! review by <span>Kearston D.</span>
Kearston D.

A great way to organize all of your contacts

What do you like best?

We have a large client base and it is a great way to keep track of our vendors, customers, and anyone we come into contact. It is one of the most helpful pieces of software we use in our office. It is very easy to update and add notes to each person in the database. I love the way you can sort contacts by groups so that if you aren't sure who you're looking for you can at least sort by industry.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet found anything I dislike about the program. I would like to get more into the program itself but at this time I have not yet experienced any problems with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a fabulous database. It is one of the most efficient pieces of database software I have ever used. I am aware that there are more ways to use Act but I have have been exposed to those as of yet. But as far as the use of tracking customer contacts with email addresses and phone numbers.

We are able to track movement of our customers from one place to the next which is extremely helpful in maintaining pricing and for what we do it is very important to track Technical Directors, Master Electricians, and other production personnel. We were able to create an email list for one of our events using the database and it was very helpful in finding customers whom we haven't spoken to in a while.

ACT! review by <span>Mary W.</span>
Mary W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Act! is the hub of my business

What do you like best?

Act! enables me to keep all information about customers, prospects, colleagues and vendors in one place and manage them easily. I also really appreciate the reminders - no more having to remember to call someone back!

What do you dislike?

Aside from some small things, the only thing I don't like is that I haven't taken the time to learn more about what Act! can do and how I can do it. As for the small things, I wish that, when entering a name to search for, the search is very specific. It'd be nice to have a more forgiving search ("similar to"). Also, if it doesn't find the name, it'd be nice if it would simply say, "Create new contact with this info?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regardless of the size of your company, if you do not have a customer relationship manager to keep track of your business relationships, you are wasting time and energy. Especially small companies can't afford that unnecessary waste. You don't have to be a genius or a numbers person to get some value right away. So go! Get Act!

I was wasting a lot of time trying to find information. Now I know it's all in Act! and it's searchable.

Learn more about Act!

Act! Videos

Learning about Act!?

* We monitor all Act! reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.