Act!

Act!

Act! CRM makes it easy to build relationships that last with quick, organized access to highly personalized customer details. Because every business runs differently, users can create an Act! experience tailored to their business and industry needs -- an adaptable, everywhere, connected workspace. A flexible CRM solution that is uniquely yours.

Work for Act!?

Learning about ACT!?

Act! Reviews

Ask ACT! a Question
Showing 243 ACT! reviews
ACT! review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"Uncloud CRM"

What do you like best?

The fact that everything is going to the "cloud" is nice but sometimes I like to be able to use the software that I am paying/paid for where ever I am and ACT still allows you to do this, with their offline client.

What do you dislike?

The rare instances that I would like to be logged into 2 separate databases at the same time with in the same program or even in multiple instances of the program would be nice but with the offline this is not achievable (it is however doable if you use a mixture of either the cloud version and offline version or multiple tabs in the cloud version). The mobile app would also be really nice if it would work with custom virtual directories, as it sits right now you have to use the default APFW virtual directory which allows other customers using the web version to see what other databases are attached to that virtual directory possibly lessening customer anonymity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price you see is the price you pay for everything included. So many of the cloud only based solutions advertise a much lower price than ACT but don't give you all of the features that ACT does, once the products have comparable features the price for the cloud only solution is either the same price or more expensive. Also with the v19 release of ACT a mobile app is available.

Keeping all of my business contacts separate from my personal contacts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Act!
ACT! review by John F.
John F.

"Robust, powerful, on-site databases w/ backups to local or iscsi drives"

What do you like best?

It has darn near every type of field available, action built-in and follow-up type of alert you could possibly think of. You can custom create more fields, run reports on all fields even those you created, you can customize the view and layout that every user in your organization will see, or create one for different departments that displays the fields they use the most. My accounting team loves me for this, as I created custom views for them that shows the customer information pertaining to their department.

The backup routine is super useful and it works! You can setup what days, time and destinations to backup to, including network shares that are attached via iSCSI, local drive, external drive, or setup a routine to backup and copy it offsite.

De-duplication tools are really useful and it integrates with email clients to record emails automatically that it matches to profiles inside your ACT!

As it uses SQL databases, you can offload this to another server to speed up the processes and to grow the database to whatever size you require.

What do you dislike?

It is huge. It is a mega-huge program and takes a long time to load. In today's world, we want speed and only load up the useful things pertinent to my job. I do not need it loading 10 thousand other things that I'll never use. Making it more customizable to remove all the excess items that are great, but I'll never use in my company, would make it less 'heavy' and much quicker to load.

Only compatible with Windows.

It locks up a lot when running huge reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always say test things first. However, with ACT, a simple test is outside the typical realm of how much time or effort one will invest to test out a product. It takes a lot to setup, a lot. It will require a dedicated server and is a resource hog. Do not try to deploy it in a VM environment...unless you can reserve all the system resources only for that one VM.

Do not get anxiety with how many fields and actions exist inside ACT. Instead, just start small, task yourself with creating a look that works for you, this is called a Layout. Then create some customers. Consider what things you'd want to do with ACT, like follow up with a customer, contact them on their birthday, etc. Set reminders for these things and create a rule to automatically create them for future customers. This will alert you and perform whatever action you determine, such as send an email to the customer wishing them a happy birthday, or welcome them back from their vacation you booked for them, etc.

Securely storing client data. It servers as our CRM and as it is a secure database residing on SQL, it can be expanded to meet your needs. It also helps to track email responses to customers by automatically recording the emails inside the database.

What CRM solution do you use?

ACT! review by Sheila H.
Sheila H.

"So quick - so easy - so efficient!"

What do you like best?

ACT! is the way to go for any Client Management system. It provides everything you could possibly want to organize, communicate, and keep track of information in a safe, guarded, and effective manner. I've been using ACT! for only the past 2 years and am finding out new uses for it to help our business - WOW!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything I don't like about it yet. There is just so much it can do - I feel I've barely scratched the surface.

Communications, organization of client data. We now have the ability to send to a select few or to a large group e-blasts, newsletters, birthday - anniversary - wedding cards. It also allows me to sync the calendars in the office with my outlook so I know who is doing what without having to go into ACT! every time to check.

ACT! review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Using ACT is very pleasent!"

What do you like best?

I use ACT primary to keep track of the different companies that the business I work for does business with. It enables the billing to go smoothly, and for all the different people using the program to call different businesses to leave little notes, so the next person is aware of any changes that may have occurred within that particular business.

What do you dislike?

I feel that it has a slight archaic feel to it, there isn't a modern sleek feel. It doesnt work as fast as one may like, although it is difineitly reliable! I think the company could do with an update, or about 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for sale orders and purchase orders to be disconnected, in the sense that there is no way to have a drop down with all the POs linked to the SO in question.

We are able to solve the issue that all the diferent employees are not necessarly aware of the changes that different companies undergo, and quite frequently. We are able to use ACT as the starting point for all company look ups, and therefore before I would make a call I would note what is updated on the company's account. This tells me what who I am looking for or who may have left the company recently, whatever changes the company may have had.

ACT! review by Kearston D.
Kearston D.

"A great way to organize all of your contacts"

What do you like best?

We have a large client base and it is a great way to keep track of our vendors, customers, and anyone we come into contact. It is one of the most helpful pieces of software we use in our office. It is very easy to update and add notes to each person in the database. I love the way you can sort contacts by groups so that if you aren't sure who you're looking for you can at least sort by industry.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet found anything I dislike about the program. I would like to get more into the program itself but at this time I have not yet experienced any problems with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a fabulous database. It is one of the most efficient pieces of database software I have ever used. I am aware that there are more ways to use Act but I have have been exposed to those as of yet. But as far as the use of tracking customer contacts with email addresses and phone numbers.

We are able to track movement of our customers from one place to the next which is extremely helpful in maintaining pricing and for what we do it is very important to track Technical Directors, Master Electricians, and other production personnel. We were able to create an email list for one of our events using the database and it was very helpful in finding customers whom we haven't spoken to in a while.

ACT! review by Mary W.
Mary W.

"Act! is the hub of my business"

What do you like best?

Act! enables me to keep all information about customers, prospects, colleagues and vendors in one place and manage them easily. I also really appreciate the reminders - no more having to remember to call someone back!

What do you dislike?

Aside from some small things, the only thing I don't like is that I haven't taken the time to learn more about what Act! can do and how I can do it. As for the small things, I wish that, when entering a name to search for, the search is very specific. It'd be nice to have a more forgiving search ("similar to"). Also, if it doesn't find the name, it'd be nice if it would simply say, "Create new contact with this info?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regardless of the size of your company, if you do not have a customer relationship manager to keep track of your business relationships, you are wasting time and energy. Especially small companies can't afford that unnecessary waste. You don't have to be a genius or a numbers person to get some value right away. So go! Get Act!

I was wasting a lot of time trying to find information. Now I know it's all in Act! and it's searchable.

ACT! review by Linda d.
Linda d.

"A Great Tool To Better Serve People"

What do you like best?

What I like best about ACT is the simplicity in appearance and functionality as well as the support available. Because the screen is not "busy," you can more easily get on with business without the distractions. It has the functionality I need to manage more than one business. The support team is very relateable and helpful and fully addressed my inquiries. I like that I will be able to serve people more effectively my being more organized. I like the fact that ACT! is on the cloud and I won't have to loose critical contacts and information if my cell phone or computer is lost or stolen.

What do you dislike?

Originally, it was that I had to commit to a year vs. month-to-month before I was really able to sink my teeth into it, but that was resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT! has a great track record and has been used by many companies I have been associated with. It is worth investing the time to learn how it can best be of benefit. I like knowing they have longevity and believe they are here to stay. I consider every contact I am blessed with to be of value and with this tool, it will help be to avoid overlooking anyone and serving them the best I can. I am looking forward to learning more and taking my businesses to the next level.

Organization. Although I am still in the process of transition from paper to CRM, I am confident that it will be helpful in accomplishing my goals. I will take discipline on my part, but long-term it will help me to be more productive and profitable.

ACT! review by Nirmohi D.
Nirmohi D.

"Customizable CRM, UI not the best"

What do you like best?

The one-time fee, responsive support team, customizable CRM. Keeps a record of all communication with clients if linked to Outlook.

What do you dislike?

UI is not the best. Most of the functions are not intuitive. It does not work on OSX. I end up carrying two laptops around all the time, one for Act and my mac for everything else. I would not recommend this CRM to anyone just on the basis of the UI/UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your users use OSX, please consider getting a different CRM. The user experience is not good at all, especially if you compare with more recent CRMs. One advantage of using Act would be the one time fee, instead of a monthly subscription billed per user.

Right now we're using Act to save contacts, generate documents like quotations, sending out marketing emails, and also for tracking communication history with clients. We also store the physical equipment bought by our contacts. For tracking leads/opportunities - not useful, we use excel sheets instead.

ACT! review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"ACT! Emarketing and database"

What do you like best?

The efficiency of the built in filter options on ACT! are superb and give us the end user very few limitations for what we use the database for. Another fantastic feature of ACT! is the ability to caption and attach files to each record, giving full tractability across the database.

What do you dislike?

ACT! Emarketing templates need to be resembled to create a blank template. The alignment of paragraphs is viewed differently across devices such a PC's, tablets and mobiles. It is rather difficult to gain uniformity throughout the mailshot - Some letters become obscured and fonts change sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic tool for Small - Medium size businesses looking to keep all their contacts at their fingertips. ACT! Can be used as a standalone database simply for keeping track of business contacts or as a more in depth Cycle management system. With all the features built in, there is very little need to integrate with 3rd party software, however can be beneficial to link with programs such as SAGE. The reports are all ready to use, making the ideal choice for meeting preparation notes or powerpoint presentations. This program is ideal for beginners, novice or experienced users.

Filing has become a easy in-house process without the need to outsource. We have used the Emarketing to reach our entire audience and in some cases targeted mailshots with a good open rate. We received updates though the portal regarding our successes.

ACT! review by Danny P.
Danny P.

"For the price, best around"

What do you like best?

It is easy to customize and work with. It is totally portable regardless of which device I am using PC, Laptop or mobile device. It is easy for me to attach word documents and send them with the emails from my contacts email address.

What do you dislike?

I can be quirky. I get errors from time to time that seems to hang it up. I can reset the menu to have only what I want to see but it will always revert back to factory settings. It drops my connection to Outlook and Gmail on a weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not all resellers are created equal and neither is their support. If you are using a hosted version make sure that you select a reputable host.

I am a recruiter. WIth the customizations I have added, I am able to use the application to track my candidates and customers. I especially like the opportunities. It makes it easy to track the candidates I have submitted to each job I am working.

ACT! review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Work in Progress"

What do you like best?

The layout of the cloud version and desktop version...Especially ver 19 and 20. I can't wait until I can incorporate Alexa into it.

What do you dislike?

Hard to strategize how to incorporate it in my business, what forms, reports and best practices for my businesses. I have two businesses. Real Estate and Advertising and I currently have to use two CRMs. I'd love to just use ACT!.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't have any yet.

Active and proactive communication and connections. Convergence opportunity of CRM and accounting. I have used the product for almost a year and have started to build an affinity for it. I think it would be able to do a lot of what I want it to do but I just don't know how to get it there.

ACT! review by Jennie M.
Jennie M.

"Excellent communication skills and problem solved in a timely manner"

What do you like best?

Professionalism and experienced technical support. Willingness to help with no impatience. I always can depend on the Technician being very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. My problem is always resolved with as little effort on my part as possible. I use Act for all my databases and emails. I truly believe it to be the best program for business needs.

What do you dislike?

I had to purchase another support contract because the one I bought in 2017 had just expired. I paid for a year's support and only used it once. I was on hold for the sales department for a long time and an even longer hold for the technician. He had me download a remote program so that he could access my computer and that took longer than I expected. I am very satisfied with the results but i don't like having to pay and then not need it but the one time.

SQL disables after any Windows 10 upgrade. The benefit is knowing the ACT technician will get it corrected.

ACT! review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Powerful Software that is easy to learn and extremely customizable"

What do you like best?

I was brand new to CRM software when I learned ACT! and found it extremely user friendly and could immediately see its wide breadth of features and how powerful it can be to a business.

What do you dislike?

To have some of the functionality we wanted to have like importing old data into the opportunities and also setting up views in the opportunities we needed to purchase additional add-ons.

We use ACT to track upcoming opportunities, existing project details, client contact information. It is a great one-stop place to access project and customer data and has really helped us when assemble past performance information, keeping up on project opportunities and keeping in touch with our clients.

ACT! review by Ed B.
Ed B.

"DestinGOLF.info"

What do you like best?

Swiftpage integration and GROUPS. When I send an email blast, the pre-selected contacts in GROUPS is very helpful. I find using Swiftpage very user friendly. I wish the template editor was easier to use, especially importing images. I discovered that using a Swiftpage template allows for easier importing of images. When I create my own email template, I'm limited to text only.

What do you dislike?

Creating a new email template does not automatically get saved in ACT. Since I upgraded to ACT Pro, the program has frozen on me a few times that required rebooting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used ACT since 1995. My current database = 13,000+. Using GROUPS and Swiftpage email integration are very efficient.

I'm a one man show. ACT allows me to look like a bigger company. I stay in touch with my customers via email blasts using Swiftpage for $30 per month. I'm still evaluating the necessity of this ongoing cost.

"Act CRM"

What do you like best?

At this point... not much...I seem to be spending too much time during my day trying to fix the problem. Customer support at Keystroke CA are either out of their league with my issues are just don't care...either way, I am fed up enough that I am putting this review together.

What do you dislike?

The software was ok when I had one office. We had many syncing issues with the mobile version of it HandHeld by J2X Technologies which meant any information we got lacked credibility. We eventually cancelled that subscription and tried to use the one with access to the web server but we've had too many issues to use it so we have stopped using that. Once we opened a 2nd office we purchased 2 brand new pc's and set the network up but have had nothing but syncing issues sincce day one. It has been 3 months so far and it seems that everyday we have a syncing issue. Again, any info that we get lacks credibility because we don't know how current it is. The support staff has tried to address our concerns but, to date, has been unable to fix the issue(s) and now I am told that if they are to continue providning support that we will need to buy a support contract, which I wouldn't have a problem with except that the software syncing has never worked properly. Is it wrong to expect the software to work properly without having the company require that I pay more to make that happen. To be fair to Act, we are using a reseller....Keystroke CA. I cannot imagine a scenario that we would continue to use this reseller...or Act.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price should not be your only consideration.

Keeping track of contacts history. Unfortunately, this is difficult to do with multiple locations due to many syncing issues

ACT! review by Sarah V.
Sarah V.

"It's cheap and useable but archaic and ties into NOTHING but Outlook"

What do you like best?

It's cheap and you can use it as a database. It can be used for drip marketing a LITTLE but only for sending the emails and not recording email responses etc.

Chatting w/ the free support can be good or bad.

What do you dislike?

NO other tools, applications/program connect to Act! The support is in India and sometimes it's good and sometimes not. Because chat support is limited, you have to hire a Certified Act! consultant and there are very few. Really, there's like 5 and the certification doesn't guarantee much help. Once certified consultant was listed on the Act! website but was no longer practicing, another was highly unstable and damaging and the other was only helpful 1/3 of the time. No joke, our time was him talking about him being retired and related to Walt Disney. His support staff was his out of work son... Yikes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around first. You can actually find cheaper and better BUT my boss was paranoid that info on the Cloud would be unsafe and would only use software. However, there really are better programs, just look

My poor office simply needed a database and sales/marketing tool for leads. Act! sufficed but barely. There's a reason VERY FEW companies use it anymore... Sorry

ACT! review by Seth K.
Seth K.

"ACT! is still great 25 years after I started using it as my main CRM tool."

What do you like best?

ACT gives you the ability to keep up with an unlimited number of people and still treat everyone as a special customer/supplier/person, etc. Once you learn how to use it, which does not take very long, you can use as much or as little as you need to get your particular job done and done right! It has very strong search tools, and it is much better than Outlook in keeping up with meetings, calls, and to-do's. As you become more familiar with ACT, you will be able to use more robust features, and you can start customizing ACT to better fit your needs. But you don;t have to; that's the great thing about ACT. Start with the basics and learn as you go. You will love it, even after 25 years of using it like me.

What do you dislike?

Although ACT is easy to learn, there is so much stuff in it, that it sometimes slows you down in getting through menus, actions, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease pf use and plenty of help is available from ACT, other users, and consultants

Keeping up with lots of people at the same time. It makes me more productive and allows me through customization to have the information on each person to make them feel special.

ACT! review by Craig J.
Craig J.

"Integration with Outlook doesn't work, and they won't fix it. Evaluating alternatives"

What do you like best?

Lookup feature, flexibility to custom fields, columns in list view, export to Excel

What do you dislike?

That they either refuse to fix or cannot fix a problem with basic functionality.

A CRM system is supposed to increase efficiency. ACT Pro succeeds in this in some ways, but fails in others due to bugs in the system. Key among these is the interface with Office and Outlook (ACT crashes every single time I try to create an e-mail from a template, or send an e-mail either to a single contact or to multiple contacts via mail merge. Furthermore, e-mails no longer attach to contacts when sent, and they no longer record in history.

And on a completely separate note, every single contact's LinkedIn profiles is, "oops".

And occasionally I get a pop up window which says, "Click here for updates." Clicking does nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Listen to your users, many of whom - like me - will see be former users - and fix your damn product!

Operate more efficiently

ACT! review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Not so much"

What do you like best?

I have customized ACT! so that it works for me. I really appreciate using a CRM to help me stay in touch with my customers.

What do you dislike?

ACT! is a very old and out of date program. I don't use the new cloud program. ACT! has SO many problems that you really need to purchase the service agreement, because you will need tech support. Did outlook just do an update? Did Microsoft just do an update? Then ACT! will probably have a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. There are so many other programs out there. Every year, before my service contract is due, I look at all the other systems out there... For me, I have customized ACT! so much, and I want the program to reside on my hard drive, and I don't want to pay monthly, currently ACT! is the only program that fits that criteria. What are your needs? How much hassle are you willing to put up with. If there was another program out there, and I wouldn't lose a lot of my data converting, I would switch in a heart beat.

I have all my customer information in one place. I also have it backed up in 2 seperate clouds.I can create email lists/groups to segment my contacts. I keep notes of what we talked about, for the next call. I can set reminders of when to contact my customers next.

ACT! review by Shannon E.
Shannon E.

"Not the most user friendly salesforce- but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see my daily task lists and to be able to view all my overdue tasks as well. It makes it really easy to see what I have to do in a day. You can filter it to display the data you need. ACT! and Microsoft have a great partnership so you can send emails from Microsoft and it appears in both. I also like how you can save contacts into this salesforce by clicking on a received email

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the format. The interface of this salesforce is not very inviting and all the colors are boring. It makes work feel more like work and the interface is very outdated. I don't really like the opportunity tabs, never really look at it. I like it better in salesforce where you can just change it to closed won.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally wouldn't recommend Act! While this may be a cheaper version of the options available to companies, it's interface and ease of use, is not up to standard. Some of the fields are hard to find- ie. For the add note function is hidden on the page as a tiny icon. Once you get used to the system, however, it works fine.

I am an account executive so I am adding new contacts and reaching out to old and new leads. The benefits of this salesforce is that we also use Microsoft for email and this integration helps me track my emails. It make sure I don't send the same email out twice.

ACT! review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Act is the Best!!!"

What do you like best?

Being able to manipulate data in my Database. I love the way it integrates with the remote database on my laptop. I can be out doing sales calls on day. Keep all my notes and updates on my remote database. And then sync it to my main computer in the office. I use the exponencia auto-dialer and can make my calls using skype or majic jack. When on the road I have mounted my laptop in my car and can send them customized templated emails with pdf attached sales brouchures immediately using the hotspot on my phone about our meeting. That impresses a lot of clients. I can keep notes so I can have total recall of my last conversation with them. I can access their web page and their social media pages in tabs that make it very easy. And I can create limited custom fields and totally manipulate data in my database without programming. I can program in Access, but it's just not worth it because Act does is really easy. I've been using act since the beginning. I've looked at others, and keep up with the new web based browser systems, but none can offer the power of Act pro.

What do you dislike?

Used it from the beginning. Nothing!! Now Outlook on the other hand, is a pain. I've shut off the Outlook 2016 updates. I found I'd just get Act communicating well with outlook, and outlook would update it and mess everything all up. The only think I use outlook for is to send emails through act so I just stopped it from updating. That solved that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to control your data and be able to manipulate it easily and efficiently, Act Pro rocks!!! If you do a lot of phone calling I'd marry it to the exponencia plug in that auto dials in skype, majic jack etc. I've mounted a laptop in my car. I can meet with a client and leave, send a custom email to them almost immediately. Handheld Contact works pretty good if your into typing on a phone. I type 100 words a minute on a laptop so the phone option hasn't worked for me, even though it works great. Just can't get used to phone keyboards.

All my sales contacts. I do all my marketing from ACT. I can manipulate the data in my database and set up very complex data pulls. I use the skype add it from exponencia that allows me to click a button and it auto dials a call. After the call, send a followup email, and the email and notes of the call are there forever. I keep abreast of the competition for act. Nothing comes close.

ACT! review by Wayne D.
Wayne D.

"ACT! and Swiftpage WORK for me"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use, Simple, Better Than Excellent Technical Support. The feeling of confidence when I use the app.

I am accustomed to appearance and responses to inputs.

What do you dislike?

No Dislikes Presently. But would technical help 24 hours.

When I call for reasons other than tech support sometimes no one answers.

Expand the bid functionality.

As I recall, the bids could be best prepared by a template for the opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am accustomed to the ACT interface and I find others to be less comfortable.

Tracking email campaigns. contact details, using groups effectively. Staying on top of day to day activities as well as longer range goals.

ACT! review by Kimberly N.
Kimberly N.

"ACT CRM Software is Great"

What do you like best?

Act is comprehensive CRM software that allows you to integrate email and marketing along with contact information and prospecting notes.

What do you dislike?

I use an older version of ACT! (2013) so the tech support is minimal. It was purchased by Sage a few years ago so they only support the newer, web-based versions now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have several options when considering which version of ACT! to purchase. The current, web-based version has a lot of features the older versions don't have such as tech-support and the ability to access your information from anywhere. If you don't need mobile access to your CRM, you can purchase older versions of the software from 3rd party vendors. That worked very well for me but I must rely on forums for any tech issues. It's a trade-off so you have to weigh the needs of your business against the cost. You will pay much more for the newer version and the rate is on-going versus a one-time payment for the older (DVD) software.

It can be difficult to keep track of client information and contact notes. ACT! has helped me to keep everything in one place. The email integration has made finding communication between clients and myself much easier!

ACT! review by Tina C.
Tina C.

"Act! Makes our business flourish"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize and really make this a system specifically for our use. We have used other CRM's in the past...and come straight back to act! as it is the only product we have found that can accommodate our needs.

What do you dislike?

When building additional contacts within a company, it often times comes up with "you are creating a duplicate record". This causes confusion but with training can be worked around. We would love the ability to access multiple databases at the same time as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use makes this a highly recommended product. It has great integration.

We have several databases within act!. Our sales division, staffing division, and marketing divisions all utilize specific databases within the system. We have managed to integrate act! with our website, specifically dealing with our staffing side, which in turn has saved us over 800 man hours annually.

ACT! review by Bob J.
Bob J.

"ACT is the BEST CRM. I've Used It For Over 20 Years!!"

What do you like best?

Act is GREAT software! There are so many features that totally ROCK!! First, I can almost totally manipulate my database right from within Act. I used to program in Dbase and Access. There is no need in Act. And then there is the remote database sync. I can be out on the road all day and when I get to the office I just sync it.

What do you dislike?

It would be more reliable to have your own word processor/email instead of Microsoft Outlook as the pass through. Act used to have it more integrated. Would love to have that brought up to speed. Microsoft just doesn't want to play nice too often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tested all the web based products. The desktop version of ACT just provides the most flexibility.

I just don't drop appointments and prospects when my act is in service. It really matters. Again, it's great not to have to manipulate the data outside Act. Act pretty much has me covered.

ACT! review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great for all of your Customer Retention and follow up!"

What do you like best?

Having Act! in our arsenal has really helped improve sales and keep all of our customers happy. The fact that you set calls and can upload all the documents right into ACT! helps keep every thing organised. Easy to implement and does not require a rocket scientist to use. The google integration along with Outlook helps us every day with reminders that pop up and make noise. This stops everything your doing in ACT! and makes you read what the reminder is. This gives you a clear picture of what your next objective is.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we have is random crashing with never versions of windows or Microsoft Outlook. Tech support is amazing and will fix any issue you have with a simple call. The look of ACT! is a bit aged as well. Has a 1985 look that need to have a better GUI. I think with time ACT! will just keep getting better and better. I am always looking forward to the next update and mobile use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recomend you get ACT 19

The most beneficial part of having ACT! is being able to track all of my sales guys from anywhere I need. the software does not require the internet which makes everything easier for all of us. Staying on top of my potential clients is a major necessity and this software really fills that issue for us. Being able to stay Mobile is great!

ACT! review by Lloyd M.
Lloyd M.

"My contacts"

What do you like best?

Whatever information I have, I can attach to the contact. It has a perpetual history as long as the contact is in the database. I can also set up Groups. I use it not only for buyers and sellers but personal groups with the ability to produce mailing labels, etc. I have been a user of ACT! since about 1990. It has many more features than I use at the present time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the program. I can write letters and Emails to contacts and it auto stores. I can enter daily information on a client that could be used in court if I ever needed to produce the information for client history. Log daily actions with customers and clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Garanteed you'll love it.

Just the fact that I can recall information that I have entered about a client, potential client or customer is extremely beneficial. I have repeat clients that use my services over a span of several years. Of the many Real Estate Agent programs I have witnessed over the years (approximately 30 years) ACT! has not only proven to be a program still in existence, but is still going strong. I chose ACT! when I started in Real Estate because it's base program is generic and it had a side program for the Real Estate world. It could be used (adapted to) for any kind of business. Very flexible.

ACT! review by Perry M.
Perry M.

"Over 20 years experience with ACT"

What do you like best?

Available on desktop and cloud. Easy to customize. Maintain a history on activities or fields you choose. Works well with Office (word/outlook). Easy to use on a basic level (intuitive), very complete on a complex level. Very Fast. Will handle large database with lots of users. Extensive lookup's for every field are easy. Activity series are easy to create. Creating and maintaining groups of records is easy. Import and export using excel is easy. Can link and attach other databases.

What do you dislike?

Company support options leave something to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it first, especially if you have a large database and need a solution that can be based locally and easy to customize. You can do it easy or hire a consultant if you want to go complex.

Multiple sales people with different territories work remote, changes internally with remote people work well. This program has increased our bottom line. If you feed it, it will feed you.

ACT! review by SF A.
SF A.

"Swiftpage - Act Review"

What do you like best?

The software is so each to manage - we are able to use a shared database and our in office and mobile users are able to have instant communication.

What do you dislike?

We truly like the product - and use their knowledge base system frequently. Would like to be able to have access to pull back an email campaign within minutes after it is sent.

It is used for both our CRM and Email Marketing. It gives us instant details and keeps our team of users in the know on each customer. We get a great return on our email campaigns too.

ACT! review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"ACT is Different...In Many Good Ways"

What do you like best?

The best part of ACT as a CRM is that it is very customizable. Many platforms today are customizable, but will not let you lay out the user's screens the way ACT will.

What do you dislike?

Their cloud version. I have only test driven the cloud version and talked to consultants, so my knowledge is limited, but ACT in the cloud has limited functionality compared to running the software locally. And the cloud version seems buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare carefully the desktop version and its functions vs. the cloud version. Also be aware that ACTS support can be challenging. I have had good and bad experiences with them. Even reading the ACT community help can be challenging because they have so many versions and updates over decades.

ACT works great for us as a CRM. Mainly we use it to simply manage contacts. It has pretty good report writing and I can export to excel and or access to get better reports and charts

ACT! review by Andrea P.
Andrea P.

"I wouldn't be as successful without this tool"

What do you like best?

I can score leads and schedule a marketing plan based on that score. The automatic alerts tell me what to do when. All the contact info is safely stored and easily searchable. I also appreciate being able to view the entire history of interactions with each contact.

What do you dislike?

I get a weird error message every time I start up the program and a different one when I exit it.

Lead gen, lead nurturing. I couldn't really do business the way I do without this tool. I would recommend it to anyone who runs regular lead gen and marketing campaigns.

ACT! review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Learning and using ACT"

What do you like best?

I have used ACT for years, so I can use most of the new additions. I would say that it is fairly easy to use and there are activities to learn to use the system. Input of new prospects & customers is fairly easy. Updating the system and keep it up to day is also easy. I like that ACT is supposed to do everything that I want it to do.

What do you dislike?

Learning to customize the system and getting others in my organization to use ACT can be difficult. I don't see everyone, so that makes interacting with others somewhat difficult. Since I am the only one using the system, we cannot interact and use the many capabilities of the program. I cannot use all of ACT's capabilities. It is kind of like having a new car without any gas stations. I just hitch up my horses and sit in it like a buggy. At least I have a radio. Yee Hah!

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT works, easy to understand, training is available online.

I am able to keep up to date on all the people in a prospect and/or customer. Adding new contacts and keeping track of former contacts is much easier. My memory is not as good as some other people, so ACT provides me a means of keeping up.

ACT! review by John E. W.
John E. W.

"Using ACT! as your CRM solution"

What do you like best?

What I liked about ACT! was its ease of use as a CRM, low cost and a one-time fee for the program (for when we used it) vs a SAAS with ongoing monthly or annual fees to remain a user of the software.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike as we as a business out grew the limited functionality of the CRM and it capabilities as somewhat cumbersome to use as a cloud version across platforms and for the fact that it did not have native email marketing built in (at the time of our use) but instead integrated with a third party program called Swift. Also the limits of the size of the contacts in the database do not lend itself to the campaigns that we now set up and use in our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of a relatively low -cost CRM solution with some email marketing capabilities then ACT! maybe just what you need

We needed a CRM to store and work with all of our contacts send one-off emails and we were able to use it for its intended function as a smaller low-cost limited capability CRM.

ACT! review by Doug H.
Doug H.

"Good CRM for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the program because its easy to look up contacts, schedule future calls, appointments, daily reports and deals in the works.

What do you dislike?

I have had difficulty sync desktop and laptop. If you call Tech support they want to charge you too much to help

Recommendations to others considering the product

best value on he market. Many of the other online are really for management to know whats going on. They don't necessary help you sell

I keep track of all potential customers and can quickly run reports even if I haven't talk to prospect in years by coding some of the user fields.

ACT! review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Great Product - Better Service"

What do you like best?

ACT is a fantastic CRM - but the customer service is even better. If I need help with ACT, all I have to do is call and ask. Someone is usually on the phone with me within a few minutes and quickly answers my questions. No software is perfect, but it's nice to know a HUMAN in there to help me.

What do you dislike?

Of course it would be nice to talk to someone without a heavy Indian accent, but my most recent interaction was fantastic and I could easily understand the technician helping me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never used anything else - cannot comment

Tracking prospects and managing my calendar. Benefit is not having to worry about missing a contact and being able to manage my pipeline at the touch of a button.

ACT! review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Kind of clunky, Marketing features not customizable"

What do you like best?

I like that this is web-based. It allows my team to use the product without the burden of a long testing and review by our IT department.

What do you dislike?

It's not intuitive. I'm constantly finding that I'm in the equivalent of a screen-within-a-screen while I'm working. I'd like to be able to find a customer and then go back to the entire customer list without having to use the drop-down menu. I like to think of myself as tech savvy so maybe I missed that in training? I don't know.

We've also had issues with the marketing features. After multiple attempts at contacting the Act support team, we resigned to the fact that we can't customize the functionality of the marketing lead generation forms. We had to create a separate form outside of Act and we are now uploading data periodically instead of having the leads load automatically into the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've only used the web-based version of the software. It makes me wonder if the full version would have been more useful.

I'm in a new division of my company, and we wanted a pseudo-AMS that could operate outside of the one the company uses. This fit the bill, and the price was right at the time. Now that we've used it for a while, it's just not working. We will probably switch to SalesForce for next year.

ACT! review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"You Get What you Pay For..."

What do you like best?

There is absolutely nothing that I would say I like "best" about this product. It is truly a terrible CRM system. With that being said it's not awful if you know the company* and/or name (and it's complete correct spelling) of a person that you'd like to look up their phone number or email address. If I had to pick the best thing though it would be the price because it's very cheap compared to other CRM products. You are absolutely getting what you're paying for in this case.

What do you dislike?

I don't even know where to begin. Let's start at the user level since I am also an administrator of this product.

1) Old Clunky UX -- The User Interface and experience is a jump back to the early 90's and Sage has not put any resources into updating it since then. Even if you make your own interfaces for some of the contact screens the system will attempt to wedge them into a frame that never quite fits the way you'd expect it.

2) Searching -- The search functionality of ACT! does not support wildcard searching or fuzzy searching. This means that if you don't know the full spelling exactly of something you'll never find it. Additionally, the search function(s) require that you select what field of the entity (contact, company, task, etc) that you'd like to search. Technically, there is a global search, but it's very slow and still doesn't have wild card functionality.

3) Integrations -- ACT! comes with the "ability" to sync with Outlook (emails, contacts, and calendars), but it rarely works. It may work for a few days and then go out of sync. The built-in calendar will often duplicate items for almost no reason whatsoever. Outlook will also run very poorly when the sync is enabled for tracking of emails and synchronization of calendar/task items.

4) Installations - Now we're getting into the administration of this production. The installation of Act! loves to force users to install SQL Server on their local machines when it isn't required (unless the installation will be functioning as the Act! Server). This is a huge pain when you now need to then uninstall SQL Server from that machine, which would have caused it to slow to a snails pace on a sales person's laptop. Technically, you do need the local instance for performing synchronizations if a user will be off network, but a cloud based solution would be a far better offering. Lastly, in the realm of installations, there is little to no support in performing silent installs or pushing out with group policy.

5) Archaic Administration - Although this is a SQL Server based application it rarely allows you to actually perform maintenance on the database and utilize the scheduled tasks available in the rdbms. Instead you need to use their built-in tools that are kludgy at best with very little insight on what they are actually doing. Additionally, the administration and security features leave a lot more to be desired.

6) Support - The support of this product is terrible. They outsource most of the support to their Partners rather than the company doing any on their own. This leads to working with people that are trained very poorly and there is very little communication between representatives. Very often will you get 3 different answers on how to fix a problem, and none of them will be correct until you call back for the fourth time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would never recommend others to use act unless they are in a VERY small company (no more than 10 users, which may still be a bit too many) and cannot afford a better CRM system.

The standard business problem of tracking clients & contacts, sales leads, and managing resources. We have only realized the benefit of this CRM system in giving us an inexpensive centralized place to store this information, but at the most basic level possible.

ACT! review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"Does a lot more than manage contacts"

What do you like best?

easy look up. You can search by a variety of ways to find the record you are looking for

What do you dislike?

screen appearance. The layout seems a little outdated and could use a facelift

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a little less user friendly than say Salesforce which appeals to the masses. You can get a lot out of ACT but much of your success will depend upon your consultant - be sure to talk with other clients.

we manage our contacts, export them to our email marketing software and manage our sales funnel. We are able to track future opportunities in ACT! and forecast more accurately.

ACT! review by Luke M.
Luke M.

"Use Act for filling in Contracts and PO's"

What do you like best?

We use ACT to create subcontracts as templates so that we can quickly write multiple subcontracts for a project without having to cut and paste or merge documents. The same for POs. That way the delivery addresses, contact phone numbers etc. go onto every PO and SUb.

We use it to create custom groups for sending out RFP's for projects that bid in different geographic areas.

What do you dislike?

The sync of OUtlook and ACT makes it slow to add new events and I get alarms for both ACT and Outlook. I also would like to add more than 10 users to a server based database.

RFP emails and addendum emails to bidders is easy with ACT mail merge. Faster preparation of contracts and Po's using custom templates

ACT! review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"ACT gets us by, we have a lot to learn"

What do you like best?

We like that it works with our email marketing service. We also like the groups and importing/exporting solution.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to these databases as they are very customizable. I wish we had a free training session with our purchase so we could learn how to use it. There are not many resources (YouTube, ectt.) online. Also, we have used ACT for several years and it is not always ready when OS update or make changes. We often have problems when Windows changes their version or one of us gets a newer computer. To remedy this,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a comparably inexpensive for the basic version - yet, there are many add-ons I am not yet familiar with which you may be able to get at an all inclusive price with another software. For what we do, it fits our needs. We have a meeting scheduled so we can find out how we can better use it and customize the database to our business needs.

We use this as a contact management system. We actually have a training scheduled for our next sales meeting

ACT! review by Gigi G.
Gigi G.

"Effective System"

What do you like best?

Despite its antiquated look and more effective cousin programs, ACT is actually a very good way of organizing information. It allows multiple contacts to be stored under one company, and provides clear and concise “at a glance” contact information and titles for each person. There are multiple ways to sort your query, whether it be by company, contact information, name, or more. It’s user friendly, and while it may not look like the fanciest system, it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I wish that outgoing and incoming emails were linked to the account – only outgoing emails link. While this is useful in it’s own right, it would be helpful to see all correspondence as opposed to only outgoing communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a good program! It’s not flashy or anything special/ super high tech, but it’s a good program that gets the job done effectively.

As an events company that deals with hundreds of individuals and a comparable number of companies, it’s nice to have all this information stored in one place. My company has undergone a huge restructure, and I’m taking over a lot of accounts midway through the process, it’s nice to see the correspondence that has already occurred, so I’m not pestering the clients about topics they’ve already discussed with past sales reps.

ACT! review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Excellent Service - Knowledgeable with ACT and with Microsoft Windows and Office Integration"

What do you like best?

Jeff, the technician was very knowledgeable about the recent Windows-10 Update and the Office update. The issues were clearly identified, not only was the ACT problem solved, but it solved additional issues with other applications using Windows Services in Word

What do you dislike?

In this case, nothing. The service was more than spot on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Act is incredibly easy. When you need to import lists, very easy to do with Excel. The Swift page eMarketing program works very easy and all information is logged per user record for easy follow-up. A great product and a great price for a small business.

I use ACT as my CRM tool for my business. I also use the eMail marketing program that interacts directly with ACT and my website.

ACT! review by Christopher G.
Christopher G.

"Can't reap all features of the software"

What do you like best?

Option to utilize as a cloud-based service, mobile-compatible.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike that I am not able to link Act! to outlook on my iMac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find an alternative CRM is you plan on using a Mac computer. That isn't to say there aren't more ways of making it compatible, but I'm fairly certain from what I've read online there is no way to ever utilize all of the functionality intended.

It facilitates that ease of communication with clients/prospects. No balls are being dropped anymore.

ACT! review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Great Contact Database! Best uses probably in Enterprise space. Had it since v1.0"

What do you like best?

Wide range of features. Email marketing. Groups for powerful selection of appropriate marketing prospects. Fabulous history includes email, multiple types of history, notes, images, SocMed integration. I could fill this up by typing anything but the first few sentences really cover everything there is to know about my experience with act.

What do you dislike?

Best uses probably in Enterprise space, and I am a one artist studio. Windows only: contact management and usage is only Windows. Don't get reminders on my iOS phone and tablet for important meetings or actions due.

You folks really piss me off. I spend time that I bill at over $200 per hour. However, I am enraged that there is no simple way to submit validation beyond the screenshot of the Program open to my own contact page. I am happy to go on to complain about the rigidity of the validation process, and the lack of care in setting up the questionnaire in such a way that my 2-shareholder llc can "validate" I have been using this program since the very first version.

So I dislike the design and rigidity of this questionnaire. It's not worth a lousy 25 bucks to spend so much time on such a simple thing.

So: I dislike the marketing analysis firm. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone!

And I have a valid license and annual support contract. The screenshot from the program isn't good enough?! You should be ashamed of yourselves

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy extended support

Management of different types of prospects. Groups are powerful. I have: collectors, patrons and sponsors, new prospects, et cetera.

ACT! review by Administrator

"Good enough, but not great!"

What do you like best?

Honestly, not much. The only thing i do a lot is export data out, so for me that's pretty easy.

What do you dislike?

Ha! Do I have a character limit? The dashboard and navigation is clunky. Too many navigation panes that do the same thing in multiple areas. It's not very intuitive, when entering a contact, you never know if all or parts of the contact info is already in the database. Emarketing needs some serious R&D as it's no where near what a marketer would want or need for campaigns. It's only good for short and sweet sales letters I've found. I could keep going.... but I've said enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for small businesses with few users

It's our CRM, quoting system, and lead capture system.

ACT! review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Act19 Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Easy to customise. Easy to search for information and the integration into other programmes.

What do you dislike?

Only works with Microsoft products ignores programmes such as Thunderbird as an email client and Libra Office as an Office suite

Recommendations to others considering the product

Used since V2, every new release improves the product with out loosing the early days simplicity and easy of use.Easy to customise. Easy to set up custom searches if required only downside is the lack of knowledge and desire to support the likes of Libra Office and Thunderbird, to get full use you have to have Microsoft Office programmes active.

Technical support is second to none, I do pay for the support contract but it also includes the upgrade to the newest revision of the product

Keeping contacts up todate and always on top of what is happening

ACT! review by Mark E.
Mark E.

"Organise you contacts"

What do you like best?

Keeps my contact history and contact details all together, can set alarms for upcoming meetings, birthdays and other dates to remember. Group people together under the company they work for so you can see company notes on all contacts. Act is the first place I look for info on my customers, I keep everything connected to the client recorded in Act.

What do you dislike?

Not always that easy to get the details to sync with Outlook and mobile, but can be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have contact and lots of emails you want to keep for each contact this is a must.

Keeping details client history

ACT! review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Using ACT! is helpful"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to organize all of our customers by different data fields. Being able to create groups and separate different kinds of customers is very important where I work. For example, I am currently putting thousands of different business cards into ACT! so that my company can send out different email blasts to different groups of people. It really helps keep me and my coworkers organized!

What do you dislike?

Referring back to the business cards, I wish ACT! was compatible with a business card scanner program, that way I wouldn't have to type every single card in... That takes a lot of time. My company has a card scanner, but we would rather use the scanner if it was able to be linked to ACT! directly so we didn't have another program full of information to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you learn to use ATC! before you dive in. It's a great program, but for new users, it can be a bit complicated. Also, make sure you have a need for ACT! and that it will be worth the investment. It has A LOT of functions, but if you are only going to need to use a few small ones, I would say to definitely think about it. Personally, I think ACT! is worth it and you get your money out of it.

We are solving our organizational and time-management problem (aside from the card scanner issue) because with ACT!, everything is in one place and everyone who works here can access the information at any time, which saves time and helps keep everyone organized and on track. I know ACT! has a lot more features, but this, by far, has been most helpful for us.

ACT! review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"ACT Works But I Am Not A Fan"

What do you like best?

ACT gives you a lot of the features of a good CRM, such as contact lists, company listings/linkings, integration with Outlook, email word processor, email templates, To Do Lists, Calendars, book appointments on behalf of other users, see other user's calendars, create groups, task lists, reports, dashboards, contact history, and allows integrations and pulling of data from many other software packages available on the market. For example, we use QuoteWerks for our quoting process and it nicely integrates with ACT to be able to pull contact information into a quote to quickly populate a client's name, address, email address, phone number, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have never been a big fan of ACT because I have always had problems with it. Many times I have issues where it crashes, or freezes, or the calendar integration with Outlook does not work correctly. We have even had problems in the past with it deleting items from people's calendars when trying to sync up! The bottom line is that I, at least personally, have always had problems with it. To me it has always been problematic and I have never liked using it. Unfortunately it is the CRM our Sales team uses and therefore I am forced to use it in order to align with the sales team and see their calendars, prospects, notes, and so on. Particularly the calendar sync with Outlook has also always been problematic for both me and other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to read a lot of people's reviews and get a good feel for what features you need and what features are problematic for other users.

As a CRM we use ACT to store all of our leads, prospects, clients, and it basically is the main storage system of all of our client contact data. I use it mainly to look up contact information for my clients and allows sales members to see my schedule and as well to see theirs.

ACT! review by Troy W.
Troy W.

"act! review"

What do you like best?

I have used ACT! since version 1.0 on and off over the years and I still find it very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other CRM's it is on the high end price wise when you get into the corporate versions

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to medium sized business this is a very strong solution.

Collaboration between teams. I am very familiar with the tool because I have used it for so many years so its my firs choice

ACT! review by Ricky A.
Ricky A.

"If it's all you can afford..."

What do you like best?

As a software engineer who's worked in the field of IT for over 12 years I can say that this software is, without a doubt, the least user-friendly application I've ever encountered. It took myself and another highly trained, Microsoft / Cisco certified IT professional 14+ hours to upgrade to next version of ACT for Desktop (on 10 user PCs) and update it with it's latest service pack. The upgrade process for ACT requires you to remove the previous version. Fine. However, the ACT uninstaller doesn't remove everything it should (registry keys and app-data folders abound). If the Protexis security service doesn't give you headaches over activating your copy of ACT you'll most likely run into a missing or corrupt COM error, and god forbid you intend to use this to sync with Outlook because Every time you change your password in ACT you will have to also change the password inside of the plugin's preferences and then re-sync the two applications. User's don't like being bothered, and ACT has a bad habit of getting in the way.

Negativity aside, you will have your own unique experiences with ACT. You may have 0 issues with it, or you might not be able to get it to run without IT support. Best of luck to you.

What do you dislike?

As an IT professional who is also a software engineer and works with the .NET framework I can get around ACT's blaring issues.... The rest of the folks I work with however, can't. Every year when we upgrade to the new version of ACT it's a circus. I figure with all the pain and suffering we've gone through the IT costs (not including ACT's licenses) might just make the case for us to move to Salesforce. Salesforce isn't cheap, but it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to use ACT then look to the future. ACT is moving most of their offerings to the cloud via a web-based version of their desktop application. At some point that might be an ok option if you want to use ACT. Although GG dev team, maybe code the interface/ whatever javascript or postback code you're using to be cross-browser compatible. It's nice when you get the latest version of Act for Web, and using FireFox you encounter a message telling you "The browser you are using is not supported". It's 2016... not compatible with FireFox. ok.

It is a large rolodex of contact information, and weak relationship manager. It allows us to store contact info with custom fields and link contacts to a company object.

ACT! review by Nathan P.
Nathan P.

"Somewhat flexible but quite frustrating"

What do you like best?

The software is relatively easy to navigate, but falls flat in modification.

the user interface is mostly simple to navigate. Top navigation works fine for switching between contacts and companies - those of which propagate each other pretty consistently.

The organization of information is clearly stated on the left toolbar.

Adjusting search queries as well, has enough options for cross value comparisons.

Opportunity function and dashboard reporting seems to have potential but i have yet to try them out.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much experience with CRM software but ACT! feels dated - we are currently using version 17 - from what I can tell, version 18 (cloud based) looks much sleeker and user friendly.

Biggest complaint is the inability to calculate fields from other calculated fields - this much needed feature greatly reduces the benefits of the CRM.

Supposedly there are "tons" of add-ons to beef up the software, but most are paid and bundled with unneeded features

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this product - if you do have to use it - take the time figuring out their import / export functions

The software is current;y used for sales team prospecting management.

We are a small team, but must handle thousands of prospects.

The system has been set up and works as intended mostly. We are still working on full implementations within the full workflow.

I do not wish to continue using this product - but will make do

ACT! review by Philip L.
Philip L.

"Devoted user for 24 years"

What do you like best?

Act! provides the ability to keep a detail history of all my contacts (3,089 at the moment) along with a tickler as to when to follow up with them. Also gives the user the opportunity to track non-business facts that is a plus when speaking with your network.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I'm probably not in love with the inability to record history directly in the "Last Results" dialogue box. The words "Field Changed" is the only thing that shows up in the "Last Results" dialogue box (unless I move it manually).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Act! is one of the best products on the market. I would strongly suggest you take a close look at Act!

I have a consulting business. Act! has helped me with my practice development to not miss contacts.

ACT! review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Worked for the start of our company"

What do you like best?

We liked how easy it was to integrate when our company started using a CRM system.

What do you dislike?

It became very dated, very fast It also became difficult to make sure all data was up to date, and to go in and update information. We found that a lot of records became duplicated, and there was no notice of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that it has all of the capabilities you are looking for within a CRM system ... as your company grows, you have to be sure that ACT! can grow with you.

We used this to build our initial CRM system. We were able to compile all customers and non customers in one place, where everyone within the company was able to access them.

ACT! review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"ACT Contact Manager Review"

What do you like best?

ACT makes your day to day calling/emailing a breeze with it's calendar setup that allows you to schedule calls, meetings, etc. ACT is like the virtual assistant that everyone needs to keep all of their contacts straight.

What do you dislike?

ACT is a huge program and can be tough to learn

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you have too many contacts and can't keep them all straight

Making regular calls to customers who I wouldn't otherwise be able to keep track of. The benefits include reaching a large amount of people in a small amount of time.

ACT! review by User

"Our team uses ACT a lot!"

What do you like best?

ACT is easy to create new fields and drop downs so we can sort and find things simply.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the update speed. If more than one person is working in it, you have to refresh in order to see any changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT is a more old school CRM. It does have the ability to email market too. But simply we use it as a Rolodex and way to sort contacts and companies.

ACT helps us connect our teams in both offices. I can put notes in a company and so can other team members so, we know who touch based last and so on.

ACT! review by Administrator

"Swiftpage ACT is easy to use and provides one-click searches by company name or location"

What do you like best?

Setting up TASK for re-call customer reminders according to priority and timing for industries who have date-specific sales planning (according to customers' needs)

What do you dislike?

When using TASK, once a record is handled, it takes you back up to the top of the list instead of picking up where you left off.......

Synchronization only happens up to the web for one user. It would be helpful (especially when one individual is using two computers that it synchonizes up to the web and back down to the remote PC's used by the individual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Company juest bought new accounting software that includes another CRM, which I've used in the past but do not find as easy to use as ACT. I am disappointed, of course, but was not included in the selection process and since I am the only one in the company using ACT (the rest of the team uses an antiquated TEAM software program, accounting-based, which is being upgraded to the new software), I'm concerned ACT may be dropped for what will be a mistake in terms of CRM.

It is far and away better than other CRM software that I've used over the years. The export function enables and easy print out of a field guide by company name and geography for quick reference.

ACT! review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Sales Account Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of adding customers, some of the reports available . I don't like the fact that you can have duplicate accounts without notice.

What do you dislike?

The service is terrible, it times out , act.com is FREQUENTLY not responding ...I mean EVERYDAY of WORK,

it is costing me customers and efficiency and I will be looking elsewhere for a cloud data base or go back to the Desktop version. period they have no customer service if you don't upgrade and pay more ...I pay $38.33 a month that is enough ....so may be moving on soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a data base that allows you to add as many customers as you want without raising your costs. They are always updating but no so much for small end users as major email marketing stuff. It freezes and has some funky things happen that from time to time is frustrating but isnt' all software frustrating from time to time? I think it is a fair value for being able to work from home on the laptop to work on a desktop with all notes kept and updated. That is what makes it invaluable to me as I travel some and work from home some and am at the office some. So for that application alone, it's a great product.

I was trying to solve having used ZOHO that had limited records before you had to pay much more, and with Act! Cloud I can add as many customer accounts as I need. That's it.

ACT! review by Taylor R.
Taylor R.

"Wonderful"

What do you like best?

I do QA for a commercial cleaning company and we use act to veiw customer accounts and potential clients info and it is wonderful

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow and if you dont know what you are doing it can be confusing

No problems. The benefits are we can share information very quickly within the office as well as other companies

ACT! review by User

"Review of Act Premium version 20"

What do you like best?

Simple to track contacts, activities and companies. Bare bones...and that's what I like. Databases are small and easy to manage. Integration with outlook is fairly simple.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft updates wreck havoc on it. Business support hours are only on the weekdays. Support is largely overseas so sometimes translation is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a slimmed down CRM version...not a lot of bells and whistles...but highly functional.

Keeping track of contacts, pipeline, etc. Helps me keep track of about 11000 contacts generated over the past 10 years. I've used this software exclusively for 10 years and it has helped me build a successful business.

ACT! review by Pat B.
Pat B.

"ACT has kept me on track for 20 years"

What do you like best?

Contact, calendar and task list are integrated and seamless. I've used Salesforce, and ACT is just as useful to me. The extra features in Salesforce only benefited management.

What do you dislike?

Multiple contacts at the same company could be better integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT is very intuitive.

Sales prospecting and customer follow up. Nobody slips through the cracks. I always know when to contact somebody, and I always know what our past discussions have been.

ACT! review by Rafe E.
Rafe E.

"Major bugs and poor customer support"

What do you like best?

I have been a dedicated user since 1999. It is better than outlook for tracking events and customers. I do not use any of the social media features btw.

What do you dislike?

ACT Pro simply does not work with Windows 10. Activities do not roll. Outlook email does not integrate at all. Customer support offered a knowledge base article on the first problem with two fixes. One was for beginners and did not work. The other referenced menus and options that do not exist. Customer support did take over my pc remotely and caused my activities to roll - once. They have ignored my followup requests ever since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too buggy to consider right now. It just does not work with Windows 10.

It is a good program when it works - tracking many customers, clients, meetings calls and projects is easy using ACT. Their integration with outlook and google doesn't work well. I use companion link, a third party program, to sync with my android calendar.

ACT! review by Roger A.
Roger A.

"The Emarketing isn't ready for prime time. Be prepared to call the support line many times."

What do you like best?

I'm a small business owner and have been using ACT for at least 20 years. I know it very well but don't require much so it works well for me.

I also like how the emarketing integrates easily with the data base.

What do you dislike?

Have just started to use it for emarketing and it has been a struggle. It is very poor and needs lots of work. It does integrate nicely with ACT however, but getting a template designed is difficult. There is absolute no help on the template editing page. I've had to call for support at least 10 times for very simple things. They do have video's but they are more marketing video's rather than training ones. This could easily be fixed with some simple how to video's. Now that I have struggled through this learning phase I am comfortable but how many hours were wasted??

Also, the reports section is very slow. The terminology is not explained. The reports don't tell you which campaign it's about. Again, I had to call support several times.

Now this survey has little buttons that you can press if you want that function defined. Not available in the emarketing.

I will say the support staff is very nice and helpful but I had to waste time with them. .

Now that I'm through the very steep learning curve I feel that I can make emarketing campaigns on my own, Just maybe it will increase business.

ACT! review by Internal Consultant in Maritime
Internal Consultant in Maritime

"ACT! for the long term"

What do you like best?

I have used ACT! since version 1. I like the flexibility to search by nearly any aspect the the database. The tracking of sales contacts and incorporated tools. Customer service is good and the user groups plus knowledge base is also very helpful

What do you dislike?

The interface with other applications is sometime delayed in development. (4 to 6 months sometimes)

My personnel inability to utilize many sales related facets of the robust application

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application interfaces with Outlook and other business applications. It is more than a contacts and address manager. Definitely helpful for sales related efforts

Act currently holds 14,000 contacts accumulated over 25 years. We are in a unique services area where the once every 5 years requirement of special services requires the ability to search for the service provider of 5 to 10 years ago. ACT helps me accomplish this search.

ACT! review by Tim K.
Tim K.

"15 Year ACT! User"

What do you like best?

Simple to use yet robust organization, search, and scheduling capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The biggest shortcoming is no Google integration. Difficult to sync calendar and records with phone and other outside apps. Primitive word processing integration and clunky email integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check carefully for compatibility and integration with other apps you use (i.e. email, calendar)..

Maintaining communication with clients and developing new client relationships.

ACT! review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Great tool when it actually Syncs!"

What do you like best?

I love that it can sync to email in outlook and keep track of all tasks. It's easy to use for reminders and to keep projects on track as well as a record of each client's information and communication.

What do you dislike?

It's touchy and doesn't always sync. It would be great if it was reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it syncs correctly it's great, but it's VERY touchy so be sure it is syncing correctly. They still haven't been able to figure out why ours won't work.

It's nice to be able to go back and view emails sent to each client even when we have to delete the originals from Outlook.

ACT! review by Jeff "The Sales Pro" G.
Jeff "The Sales Pro" G.

"Act! is easy to use and reasonably priced"

What do you like best?

I find Act's! user interface very intuitive and easy to navigate. It does what I need it to do.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more fields use auto-fill, and the reporting capabilities could be more robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate other CRMs that are similarly priced to see if the features and benefits are what you're looking for.

Act! allows me to keep track of my contacts...what I said, what they said, when I need to follow-up. It, like all CRM systems, makes me more productive.

ACT! review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"ACT! CRM "

What do you like best?

We have the ability to store and pull the data we need and were able to customize some of the fields.

What do you dislike?

Functionality: we had a glitch in the system that caused us to need to import all of our contacts into a later version of the CRM manually. Also, we've had trouble when we've pulled groups in order to segment our email campaigns via SwiftPage because people who should not qualify to be in the group are pulled in anyway and there is no way to see this ahead of time. It has created confusion and increased our opt-out rate. Anesthetics: the system looks very out-dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider using SalesForce or HubSpot, or another updated CRM and email marketing platform. This product is very outdated.

We are keeping track of contacts and their submitted contracts.

ACT! review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Good Way to Keep Track of People You Know"

What do you like best?

The scope of the database that can be created

What do you dislike?

Synchronization is not easy. As with all software, "The best thing about computer's is -TECHNOLOGY. The worst thing about computers is TECHNOLOGY."

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT is a great too to keep track of people starting as a computerized rolladex. It allows you to store information about your contacts and then the ability to collate with other contacts with similar points of information. With this sub group of contacts you can send a group e-mail or prepare a customized letter to each contact via MS-Word. It also has an excellent TO-DO List features.

At my stage in life (retired), the ACT program is underutilized but I appreciate all the things I use to do with it .

I'm currently retired. I've used ACT for many years. Back when it was called ACT 1 for DOS. Over the years, I've just continued using the most recent versons.

ACT! review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Indispensable Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

ACT Contact Manager is and has been my "go-to" tool for the past 20 years. I cannot imagine being able to manage the sales cycle without it. My favorite feature is my daily activity list.

What do you dislike?

I wish the fields were a bit more user-friendly, however, that is not too big an issue because their customer support is good and any issues I have are quickly resolved with a remote session with tech support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must-have sales tool for anyone wishing to be successful in the field of sales.

ACT helps very much in ensuring all leads are follow-up on. The benefits are many, but most importantly streamlining the entire sales cycle.

ACT! review by Pamela G.
Pamela G.

"ACT review"

What do you like best?

I like that ACT is very user-friendly. I use it primarily access our Chamber members and contacts. Additions can also be made to make it your own.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations, but personally I do not come across those in my role.

I have been able to upload different contacts into Constant Contact using ACT, making my job a lot easier! We can also request invoices, among other things, using this program.

ACT! review by Robin  P.
Robin P.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

I have used Act for more than 12 years in my business and could not do without it. We have customised the programme to suit our business perfectly. The updates are always very useful and the customer service and technical help you can get if you need it is second to done. I could not imagine running my business without the assistance of Act.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about the product

Organisation of sales calls at a time that reaps the most benefit for the client and most importantly our business

ACT! review by Kirby I.
Kirby I.

"Act Is Essential"

What do you like best?

Been using Act for over 20 years every day Manages clients, prospects, and others Email and fax them any time in seconds. Currently using Act 13

What do you dislike?

I do not like paying for tech support, but who does

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for yourself

Customer contact and control Have over 125,000 people in my db

ACT! review by D.Paul F.
D.Paul F.

"Customized input and view that works great!"

What do you like best?

We were able to customize our fields to fit our business tracking each customers transaction which gives us complete visibility to micro and macro data.

What do you dislike?

Add in for auto calculations forces us to enter every field before calculating total profit per order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use ACT exclusively for Customer Data Base Management. We do not email from the product to save money but, we capture all orders daily and refer to the product through reports to manage our business.

Our supplier was frustrated over our lack of "former customer" information years ago which caused us to implement ACT. Now we know if customers have gone too long on maintenance and need a reminder letter for recommended proper care.

ACT! review by Stephen E.
Stephen E.

"Unfortunate"

What do you like best?

It used to be a perfect program. Alas, no more.

What do you dislike?

I've used ACT religiously for the last 10 years. It used to be a wonderful product. I recently switched to the cloud based version. My first question to the sales person at Swiftpage was, "How fast is it?" She assured me it was much faster than the trial software they let you try. After I paid for a year's subscription and downloaded the software it turned out it was much worse. Unbelievably, Swiftpage would not refund my money and switch me to a desktop based version. When I say slow, I don't me a little slow, I mean unworkably slow. Put it this way, I'm currently trying to look up one of my clients in the database. I've written this review in that time and it still hasn't located the record. Avoid at all cost!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have one. I hope someone at ACT gets the message and improves the product.

I've run my business with this software for more than a decade. I am now switching.

ACT! review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"When it works it's great"

What do you like best?

Great tool to keep all your contacts in one place while easily keeping them up to date.

What do you dislike?

We regularly run into different problems.

Act fails to sync with Outlook

Act fails to load preference files

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely not for a large number of users. Better suited to a small department with no more than 10 users. If you are looking at the web portion of this application I'd give the trial version a try first. Low bandwidth from the workstations to the server hosting the database can severely impact performance.

This CRM is excellent at keeping all your contacts in one place. Having the ability to view everything from the mobile app is a great feature that allows us to lookup contacts from any location.

ACT! review by User

"Not user friendly, archaic design"

What do you like best?

It provides me and my colleague with a collaborative foundation for our base of media contacts

What do you dislike?

It's incredibly dated and very frustrating to use. The design is not user friendly, and it takes new users quite a while to learn how to use. Would not reccomend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly choose a different database software. It's been horrible to use, and the design is very dated.

It helps me to keep track of my company's database of media contacts, build media lists, and organize new business contacts

ACT! review by Administrator

"ACT! works, but has some quirks"

What do you like best?

customizable interface, can pull data using other programs for reports. there's a whole ecosystem of add-ons (most not free, third party) if you need them. for a small business, there is an option for small number of licenses.

What do you dislike?

you need the add-ons because there's functionality missing. There's lots of bloat to the software (CPU and memory hog), and memory leak (in the version I use). There's little things that could be fixed to make the program more efficient to use (around scheduling and activity completion).

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure it fits what you're trying to do - it requires a lot of memory, and sometimes add-ons.

Schedule calls, record results. utilize opportunities (this area is not intuitive at all) for tracking things.

ACT! review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"I have used ACT! in my business for 25 years and find it efficient for all my business needs"

What do you like best?

The easy format, low cost and versatility of use, especially with the new cloud and email services

What do you dislike?

Sometimes computer updates change usability. Takes me a while to understand the instructions for functionality

It is so easy to store and access client information. Simple to email directly from the contact. Looking forward to using the email marketing applications. This is a super benefit for marketing my business services

ACT! review by Ruth B.
Ruth B.

"Concise marketing tool for sales"

What do you like best?

The best feature of ACT is how the sales leads are organized and the information you can access.

What do you dislike?

One more than one occasion this program has faltered and I've needed an ACT technician to repair the program. I also wish there was a way to delete the scheduled phone calls in one task instead of deleting each one separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the product for several weeks to see if it meets your expectations/

This allows me to have 700 - 800 leads in one category. I can quickly look up leads and call on them whether or not they are scheduled for a phone call.

ACT! review by John I.
John I.

"The buggiest program I have ever used"

What do you like best?

It's ability to create merged customer information into email templates. Of course this is only possible if you open both Outlook and ACT! as an Administrator.

What do you dislike?

When connecting to a database on an internal network with a desktop it forces you to install a local SQL instance that you don't need. The add-in makes Outlook run slow and stops working about twice a month. I have another customer that can't send GTM invites through the meeting request. There is another person that has various calendar issues every week - items missing, items rolling over when they're not supposed to, fonts getting changed on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid at all cost !!

Get a Rolladex!!

The sales team uses it in conjunction with QuoteWerks to send quotes. It integrates with social media in an acceptable way.

ACT! review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Get into the ACT!"

What do you like best?

I can easily access my clients' and potential clients' information, including notes from every phone call for the entirety of each relationship. By using category designations I can create groups and easily manage tasks related to my business.

What do you dislike?

I miss the "task bar" which I accidentally deleted but created something similar in a word processing program instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to manage accounts! Both selling and tracking, and as someone in a sort of unusual field I was able to customize it to suit my personal needs.

I keep a running list of current clients, which I go through regularly to keep my relationships fresh, and a separate for former ones in what I call a "junkpile" - this allows me to make sure my good relationships are up to date and I don't become a pest to the others.

ACT! review by Dale R.
Dale R.

"User since DOS 1.0"

What do you like best?

Act is Intuitive, fast to learn and very flexible. Designing thing like your signature interfacing to Outlook, Word and other programs is huge. Designing reports and templates mays you look professional.

What do you dislike?

Having Microsoft bomb the seq. server is very annoying but the support group coms through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My highest reconmedation for ease to use and adapt to fit your needs.

Constant contact and emailing customers

ACT! review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Act!"

What do you like best?

While not the most advanced CRM on the market, I really appreciated the flexibility provided for building custom queries - it was fairly intuitive and easy to manipulate to drill down to the information desired.

What do you dislike?

Fairly outdated, bulky, old school system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Act is a great, basic nuts and bolts platform. We switched from Act to a more dynamic, "intuitive" CRM and the disappointing result was that the back end was not as user friendly as Act was, thus it was much more difficult to drill into data (without customer support) and create your own queries/saved searches.

So for the do-it-yourself individual, Act is perfect. If you're looking for shiny bells and whistles and are fine with basic level information, perhaps another CRM would be better suited. Note - we used Act nearly 5 years ago, but I would expect the basic principles to carry forward with any updates that have been made.

Identifying lead sources, contact points and methods, and sales data. Act! gave my team the ability to sort our database by a variety of data points and save/share custom queries.

"ACT Review"

What do you like best?

Customer & technical Services are great. Spoke to technical Support few times over past few months.I believe it was Chennai Center. Very courteous and professional services.

What do you dislike?

Frequent updates takes lots of time for business people like us. At times updates are complicated and need support of Tech support which results in time delays.

My work is spread vast over activities and people. ACT allows me to customize each different work area and add necessary data components and field to fit the needs

ACT! review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Very Reliable and Stable CRM Platform That Offers Great Functionality"

What do you like best?

Opportunity management throughout the sales process and customizability of fields and views. Database management is also good and the ACT! platform has improved dramatically over the 20+ years I have used it (through multiple companies who owned ACT!).

What do you dislike?

Speed of switching between customers and tasks is slow compared to SalesForce. The Mobile app. does not always update correctly and loses data you have entered. The tasks and functionality are not always parallel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare with other CRM vendors. ACT has a superior software-based platform but that means sync'ing, changes are not in real-time but you also don't have to have an Internet connection to work within it.

Opportunity management in the sales process and database management. ACT! has allowed me to more efficiently manage and stay on top of business opportunities.

ACT! review by User

"Great interface with tons of tools"

What do you like best?

I like the search engine that can be used by simply searching with a phone number. This gives me the flexibility of looking someone up FAST!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the interface that is very outdated and feels like DOS. Needs to be brought ot the 21st century

Keeping track of all customer orders and stages of them. With the reminders popping directly in front of me this makes me do it right then. Being able to email right from a list of pre written emails really saves time.

ACT! review by Geoffrey G.
Geoffrey G.

"Mapping & Planning my Monthly Sales Experiences"

What do you like best?

Act makes me more efficient. I now have the ability to control my Prospect / Customer contacts on one easy platform. Maintaining records assists me to be more professional with those I seek business from.

What do you dislike?

This is my 17th year using Act. I have found a few times software conflicts with Microsoft Office. Corrections were enacted in a reasonable period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With minimal learning curve, learning this software package takes a bit of effort & common sense. Definitely the right product in the CRM / Sales environment.

Maximizing my daily efficiency using most forms of sales communications.

ACT! review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

Its simplistic overview allows for a smooth use of the software during my daily functions at work. I use this product everyday to complete sales that I do ans

What do you dislike?

There are too many fields involved in the software. If they could be consolidated that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll love it.

Its used to help look up customer accounts and the details they include. I believe the ease of use benefits me when closing sales

ACT! review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Act! started off okay and then..."

What do you like best?

I liked that there is a software and a remote version to work on, so you can get your work done where ever you are.

What do you dislike?

Act! crashed on us once and we had to completely start over with importing our information. This took a LONG time and we had issues after the crash as well. It finally got to the point where we just had to switch databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you back up your files just in case it crashes.

We were keep track on clients, accounts, projects, etc in Act!

ACT! review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Good Tool for Staying Organized"

What do you like best?

Act! is a great database for keeping track of prospects. Each time I speak with a prospect, I enter all of their information along with a quick note to recap our conversation. This comes in handy when they call a year down the road and I can easily refresh my memory.

What do you dislike?

The software that we have is rather outdated. There is also no lead generation. All of the information that is in the database comes from our company inputting it.

I believe by using Act! it shows our prospects and customers that we care about them. It's nice for them to call in and not have to repeat their issues again.

ACT! review by Olivia L.
Olivia L.

"Act is a good time"

What do you like best?

The ability to search different sections of act.

What do you dislike?

Act tends to shut down a lot when you are in the middle of things.

Act helps me produce great prospects to call and get appointments set up.

ACT! review by Greg F.
Greg F.

"Act! is the Easiest Contact Management/Small Business CRM Available"

What do you like best?

Everything I need to do, there are two or three ways of doing it. Instead of having to search through menus or toolbars to find what I'm looking for, I can quickly use a keyboard shortcut or right-click menu to get me there. SO much more convenient than SalesForce or SugarCRM where everything is move your mouse back to the menu, hover over something, click something that pops up, hover over something else, etc. I can get stuff done FAST in Act!

We have also added some automation to our Act! through some third-party addons which has done wonders for making sure we enter information in the same way each time so that we can report on it and find it later. Act! has a ton of addons which are definitely worth checking out.

What do you dislike?

When I first got Act!, some of my older machines were really slow using it. Upgrading older workstations solved that problem, though. The web interface is also a mixed bag - it looks almost exactly like the Windows version. That makes learning the web interface easy, but some stuff could be changed to be more web browser friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've seen failed software implementations before. If you want something that your team will actually use, you have to be able to show them the benefit of using it, and make it easy to do so. Act! is the easiest Contact Management or CRM system that I've ever used. The benefit is being able to share information with your team, and being able to look up information from previous interactions with the customer. Don't waste money on an expensive, hard-to-use system that your team doesn't want - get Act!, save some money, and end up with a happy team at the end of the project.

We were just using Outlook to keep track of everything we could. When it came time to share information about a customer, it basically meant we were forwarding email chains to each other. Act! solves all that by allowing us to just go to the record in the database and see the same thing as anyone else on the team. We can also keep track of phone calls in a much better way instead of just using the Notes in Outlook. We still use Outlook, but just for email.

ACT! review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Best Contact Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to teach. I like coming into work everyday going to task manager, view, file , today

and I start marking my sales calls. They order or not and I put in a new call back date. I add notes so when I call back I know info about each customer so he thinks hes getting excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

I can't get the call backs for today to come up by time. 9:00 am - 6:00Pm

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using this software since version 2.0 it is the main software to communicate with my customers. We do telemarketing, orders, e-mails, everything. Love It!

When to call my customers back to get a new order. I call them so they don't have to worry about running out of stock.

ACT! review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ACT! Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep track of customers, make notes on accounts that are available to authorized users, keep track of contacts, networking associates, prospects and customers.

What do you dislike?

Not an excellent product for project management and is therefore a tough product to utilize for companies that are involved not only in the sales aspect but also the installations or project aspect. You would need another software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT! Is for organizations that are looking specifically for a CRM tool. If you are looking for more than a tool to track customers and contacts extensively albeit, you may want to find a product that suits your needs more specifically.

ACT! Solves all issues surrounded by customer management and relationship management. It helps to show which clients are most active as well as those that are less active. This would indicate which customers you would want to spend more time on.