Actian DataConnect

The Actian Cloud Edition offers Actian DataConnect (previously Pervasive Data Integrator Cloud) – a fast, powerful, cost-effective and easy-to-use data integration tool.

Work for Actian DataConnect?

Learning about DataConnect?

Actian DataConnect Reviews

Showing 10 DataConnect reviews
DataConnect review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"A developers perspective on Pervasive's Data Integrator"

What do you like best?

The flexibility that the solution allows when mapping, moving, and transforming data. Using the data integrator, it was very easy to program for all sorts of incoming data and handle all types of situations based on events, data quality, variables, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would get rid of that proprietary scripting language they use (RIFL) and instead go with c# or python or any other more standardized language. RIFL was hard to lookup when we had questions or problems because it's not used anywhere else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have an interesting perspective on Data Integrator because I worked with it for almost 4 years before switching companies. To be honest, when I started working with Data Integrator I didn't like it at all. I found it tough to program in, specifically the RIFL scripting because there is very little community support when compared to the likes of c# or javascript. After the initial learning curve, it got much better for me but I still wasn't 100% sold on the product. It wasn't until I got to my new company where we DON'T have Data Integrator that I fully understood the value Pervasive brings to the industry. At this company, we use SSIS to perform the same kind of data movements that I did previously using Data Integrator. While I do see some benefits of using SSIS, I am currently pushing management to move over to Pervasive. It's a million times more flexible and user friendly.

My primary role when working with Pervasive's Data Integrator was as a data migration analyst. We would migrate massive databases between software suites, vendors, and software versions. Without this software, the migrations would have been a million times harder and far less consistent. Using Data Integrator, we could push out hundreds of migrated data sets each month with relative ease and we were also able to scale the product out to help with the largest of our migrations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Actian DataConnect
DataConnect review by Steve H.
Steve H.

"Healthcare and Automation"

What do you like best?

The variety of connectors to read different file formats. This is important especially in the healthcare space where maintaining HIPAA compliance is becoming mandatory.

What do you dislike?

Not a large user community rely upon for help. Now that our users are proficient, we are continually finding better, more creative ways to use the tools. To that end, having access to samples, use cases and insight into how other customers are using the tools would have enabled us to get to the point we are at even faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before purchasing speak with Actian on the direction they are taking with regard to their integration tools.

We receive and processes large amounts of data from a broad spectrum of sources. With growth in business came the realization that data volumes would ultimately outpace their manageability. To prevent this, we needed a set of tools that could not only digest and transform a variety of file types (ASCII, COBOL, EDI), but that also provided added functionality to enable full “lights out” automation of our loading process. Pervasive Data Integrator gave us this capability. We now pull files from a secure FTP server, decrypt, stage, transform and load them to our SQL databases without the need for human manipulation. This significantly reduces the time required to process data, and the data itself is inherently more secure. Analysts can spend more time turning this data into usable information.

What ETL Tools solution do you use?

DataConnect review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Using Pervasive"

What do you like best?

its ease of use, and its functionality. It was really easy for me to pick it up quick.

What do you dislike?

I felt that it had a few limitations with integrating with our automation services when we were doing ETL. Pervasive would sometimes freeze when mapping the different fields from different sources to our fields.

We were using Pervasive as a tool for data integration from a variety of different data formats from across the real estate agencies, associations and data repository centers. Pervasive came in very handy in matching the fields from different data sources to our standard data sources. I think the ease of use and as long as someone has a basic idea of data integration, Pervasive is easy to pick up.

DataConnect review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Its an Awesome product to use especially when working with XML files"

What do you like best?

I like the way how pervasive recognizes the unstructured XML files and its own way of transformations which are user friendly.

What do you dislike?

in most of the case it is not a quick learning tool just like the other tools in the market. and some transformations are not user friendly like upto the market standards

Recommendations to others considering the product

its very nice product when your organisation is very small and dealing mainly with unstructured targets or sources.

we used this product to load the web user reviews to and flow to third parties as well for analytic purposes.

we see significant differences in sales using the reviews.

DataConnect review by Tu L.
Tu L.

"Exploring and evaluating product"

What do you like best?

It is a SaaS model so you can say it got all advantages of SaaS

What do you dislike?

It is a SaaS model so you can say it got all disadvantages of SaaS

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate of data from different database vendors

DataConnect review by Aspen O.
Aspen O.

"Used Data Integrator in classroom to show students how to do ETL without coding"

What do you like best?

I loved the ability to have secure integration without coding

What do you dislike?

More developer information is needed to build custom plug ins

Continuous ETL between ERP and CRM systems

DataConnect review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Many connectors and HL7 document schema is already defined

What do you dislike?

licensing can be complicated, esp with upgrades from legacy versoins

Mapping medical data from vendor extracts to internal standardized database structures. Data loads are faster and streamlined.

DataConnect review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use designers make it a snap to design your ETLs.

What do you dislike?

Having to maintain an onprem instance is a pain. So, the cloud is awesome.

I need to keep data in sync across prod systems. DI does this well.

DataConnect review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Great integration with many "standard" plugs"

What do you like best?

We used Pervasive at Exact to link the front and back office solution where many Countries ERP databases fed into one. Great and relaiable solution with accurate rules and master/slave parameters

What do you dislike?

To understand and use pervasive is very difficult. 2 weeks worth of training for our admins and they struggled to get data to replicate in difference databases (simple field replication).

If your solution does not have a plug its a very hard implementation to develop one - I think this is where the Partner bit comes in and it is upto the Vendor to develop on the client/customer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try looking at cast iron or web methods if integrating to on non standard system (which they do not have a plug for)

DataConnect review by Consultant in Defense & Space
Consultant in Defense & Space

"Review by consultant"

What do you like best?

It is a very nice software and all the tools are very well organized

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike any features of this software.It is very good tool.

Most of the data request problems are solved

Learning about Actian DataConnect?

* We monitor all Actian DataConnect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.