ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign

An all-in-one marketing platform. Grow your business with email, automation, and sales tools. Save time & money using their enterprise level functionality that has been designed for ease of use.

Work for ActiveCampaign?

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Ask ActiveCampaign a Question
Showing 553 ActiveCampaign reviews
ActiveCampaign review by Doug P.
Doug P.

"Active Campaign - so many surprises under the hood"

What do you like best?

I wouldn't say I'm lazy, but Active Campaign makes life so easy for me. First there's the automations. You can make them as simple or as complicated as you want. Personally I tend towards the simple and then duplicate as necessary. Plus once you set up the automation you can just forget about it. My latest favourite surprise is to be able add contacts to Facebook custom audiences.

Also being able to send out one email with conditional parts in it so that different contacts on the list receive different messages. As a great believer in segmenting lists Active Campaign has so many techniques that allow the messaging to become more and more personal.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike really. OK so it's not the easiest system to use but it pays great dividends for time invested in learning and experimenting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate but be prepared to take some time to learn the system. It's a Ferrari in a world of Fords. Great value for money and first class support.

Email marketing becomes so much more effective. The days of sending a broadcast email to thousands on a list is definitely past. Segmenting lists via AC becomes easier and easier. For example if you have a marriage guidance site, the advice you give will probably differ between those married for 5 years, 15 years and over 30 years. Active Campaign tagging and segmenting does this automatically.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign review by Cindy B.
Cindy B.

"My go-to, most-recommended email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign offers powerful automation features more commonly found only in high-ticket systems. I love being able to automate email sequences to always provide my audience with exactly the info they need, to move them from one automation to another seamlessly, and (my very favorite) to continually remove disengaged subscribers without having to think about it.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more powerful reporting features. For example, I'm not able to see the number of spam complaints I receive. I feel that's an important number, and I need to know it before it reaches the point that ActiveCampaign is letting me know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ActiveCampaign is truly the BEST value for your email marketing dollar right now. It has all the marketing power of costly systems like Infusionsoft and Ontraport, without the high price point.

ActiveCampaign lets me fully automate my marketing funnels. I don't have to worry that people get email that's not relevant to them, ever.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

ActiveCampaign review by Carmen R.
Carmen R.

"LOVE ActiveCampaign!"

What do you like best?

I've been using ActiveCampaign for about 2 years now and I love building automations! The automation capabilities are off the charts. I also love the analytics it provides. I haven't tapped into all of the AC capabilities yet, and one that I wanted to learn more about was the CRM capabilities, so I scheduled a training with them and one of their reps walked through the whole thing with me, followed up with links to resources, etc. They are just top-notch in the customer service side of things. I can't recommend ActiveCampaign highly enough.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike. It integrates with WooCommerce, Facebook, Gmail, etc. It is a fabulous tool that makes my life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like to build user-flow use ActiveCampaign. It allows you to create the step-by-step process you want your prospects and customers to take and it provides reporting on all of it.

Lead generation and email marketing are what I use ActiveCampaign for the most. It's so robust that I don't think I'll ever outgrow it. The benefits are that I have one solution to track all of my prospect and customer data. It's incredibly powerful.

ActiveCampaign review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Easy to Use, Killer Automation Options & API Integrations with Excelent Support & Training"

What do you like best?

It was easy to learn, intuitive and has excellent training resources and access to live help to fast track the building/creation of the automation(s) you want.

At the 2nd service level and above, you get 30min a month of live 1-on-1 sessions which helped me fast track the implementation of valuable automations.

You can start off with very simple automation for both external marketing. Then add more sophisticated functionality.

Next you can use their API integrations with other tools you use directly or via Zapier to tie your marketing/productivity stack together :)

I am also using ActiveCampaign to create workflows which systematize, monitor and run internal company processes and fulfillment.

I love the fact AC has been rolling our new practical and valuable capabilities and enhancements very regularly which adds even more value and adds new automation possibilities.

You can also easily import time saving and well thought out automations/workflows into your account which are available for free - at the push of a button.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using AC before their large funding, their support availability was frustrating slow but for months now, getting support is quick and efficient.

Other than that, I've seen things steadily improve over time both from a support side and technology/capability side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried a number of different automation platforms. None are perfect or have everything you may want or need.

That said, ActiveCampaign is flexible, robust, and is constantly improving features and adding functionality.

AC can handle from simple email marketing to complex multi-step, API integration workflows with ease so you can make it do what you need.

The more you use it, the more value you get for the already very fair price you pay.

Before ActiveCampaign things "slipped through the cracks" with both client account management and prospects. Now we have dependable and predictable systems to prevent that from happening.

Effectively managing our online calendar and associated tasks from meeting types is now silky smooth and efficient. We save time, money and are delivering a more professional user experience.

Simple but critical tasks like sending renewal reminders which used to take an Admin hours a month is now fully automated so they can work on higher value tasks and projects.

ActiveCampaign review by Meg W.
Meg W.

"Powerful software at a very fair price"

What do you like best?

I love the automations (now I understand how they work!) - this allows me to segment my audience and provide a more personalised service... and I know I've just scratched the surface. For someone with a tiny list, I appreciate that the starting fees are reasonable, which makes it manageable while I find my feet. There is so much more potential in this platform, it feels good to know I won't need to move my list later because AC has enough functionality to manage far more complex situations as the business grows.

What do you dislike?

There's quite a steep learning curve and there also appear to be some small hiccups when offering the same opt in form for existing and new subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is quite an advanced product, so maybe not for beginners. That said, if you have long-term ambitions for your business, then this will give you everything you need as your business grows.

I have a very small list right now, but I love that the functionality of ActiveCampaign gives me room to grow. What this platform allows me to do is segment my list from day 1, which will mean I can offer more personalised communication further down the line.

ActiveCampaign review by Angel M.
Angel M.

"Great software at a good price"

What do you like best?

Very nice marketing automation system full of options. User-friendly interface is very intuitive. Learning curve is relatively quick.

What do you dislike?

E-mail writing system could be improved, I have seen sometimes that first e-mail from a campaign takes up to 15 minutes to arrive but I'm not sure if it is due to AC or to my mailserver. That would be nice to have an easy way to get an overview of your automation, sometimes when it is too big, it is difficult to look at it as a whole. Also it will be very nice if you can have a "test mode" for automation when any "wait" is adjusted to let's say 1 minute so I do not need to delete all the "waits" that I have set to 1 day or more in order to test the automation before launch it, another option will be to allow a bypass button for certain elements of the automation during the test mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software with many features, I would recommend buying it

Automate all my communications with my list every time I send a campaign. Allows me to have great communication with my customers

ActiveCampaign review by Gabe K.
Gabe K.

"I've used them all... AC is My favourite Marketing Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the platform is. I love how easy they make it for companies of any size to get started. The ease of use means that companies are accessing more available features for their investment. The difficult to use (and often very expensive) alternative platforms usually results in people getting lost and not using it for all of its capabilities. I LOVE the API, the e-commerce deep integration and the event tracking. I love the support and the active community engagement for support. It's just an overall mind-blowingly valuable resource for the money.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I would like to see added over time that are offered by competitor products. I don't necessarily need them to add a landing page builder for example, but I could make great use of dynamic content blocks to add to web pages based on lists/tags. Looking forward to the full release of the CRM app which was badly needed. I also wish there were a way to edit live automations in an edit mode and then have a publish button.

ActiveCampaign allows me to send targeted, timely and relevant messages to my audience based on their behaviour. It is an incredibly powerful tool, and ActiveCampaign makes it very easy to do that, and very easy to integrate with other services.

ActiveCampaign review by Sharon  R.
Sharon R.

"Why I Love ActiveCampaign "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to ask questions at any time of the day and have knowledgeable staff on hand to simply and easily point me in the right direction!

I love the way the automations work, they are simple to set up and there are so many functions that you can use you will not be stuck hoping for an option that doesn't exist!

I love the way you set up emails in the automations, it makes so much more sense than what I've seen in other programs.

What do you dislike?

I'm really struggling with this one! The colours perhaps! Sometimes the graphs can look one dimensional, I would love to see more visual upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any new software, there is a learning curve, I would not be afraid to reach out to their support and ask any questions they will help any way they can!

It allows me to set up and send the emails to my list and to put into place funnels for turning prospects into clients!

ActiveCampaign review by Chantel K.
Chantel K.

"The Best Email Marketing Provider Out There!"

What do you like best?

I've used a number of different email marketing providers out there and I Active Campaign is by far the best out there. The ability to create tags is my favorite feature, it helps me make sure the emails I send to my audience are applicable to them.

I also love the format automation sequences with a variety of if/then factors. This helps to ensure I am not sending emails to customers in my audience who have already purchased a product or are not interested in that specific area.

Since using Active Campaign my email list has grown exponentially. I attribute a lot of this to the ability to have multiple lead magnets and opt in forms with custom automation sequences for each.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything yet that I dislike. Though I would love to see landing pages as an option in the future, I am currently working with another company for a site welcome mat and integrating my Active Campaign form, I would love to see this feature built right into Active Campaign in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is excellent for those looking to grow and be able to segment their email lists.

Since using Active Campaign I have been able to send out emails that are more targeted and specific to my audience. In addition my email list has grown by more than 150% since starting to use Active Campaign about a month ago.

ActiveCampaign review by John D.
John D.

"One of the best list managers on the market"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a low cost for startups, I help a lot of people get going. But I love love love the functionality. It is intuitive and easy to use and highly functional for an internet marketer.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot just mainly little things which I have sent in to their product ideas area. They have a lot of functionality that Infusionsoft offers - some features are even better. If they had a checkout / cart process that would make them a really attractive whole solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider this - if you are starting out - it is a must - the best option out there. If you are an experienced online business then there are many factors at play - but make sure you check out the integrations options with AC. It is one of the most usuable systems out there.

Automated funnel sequencing - list segmenting, product delivery of online courses. It does just about everything I need for my business.

ActiveCampaign review by Mary N.
Mary N.

"User-friendly- Goodbye, Hubspot!"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly (anyone with beginner's knowledge of inbound marketing can use this) Take advantage of their migration service if you are moving data from another automation service (like HubSpot) This will ensure clean imports! Our CSV imports were a little messy due to changes with our site and HubSpot data, but ActiveCampaign's migration team cleaned them up nicely and very quickly! The campaign design templates are beautiful and are easily customizable. Everyone needs ActiveCampaign for their small business or ecommerce site!

What do you dislike?

The only downside is no landing pages. However, it easily integrates with many apps. (We are considering giving Leadformly a shot!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business and you want beautiful emails, clean lists and contact imports, and friendly support, ActiveCampaign is right for you.

We wanted an inexpensive alternative to HubSpot. HubSpot was not worth the investment for our small business with a marketing team of 1. The benefits are quick and simple contact imports and management, batch actions, and beautiful email campaign design.

ActiveCampaign review by Susannah F.
Susannah F.

"I recommend ActiveCampaign to my clients - it's easy for newbies and nimble enough for experienced"

What do you like best?

List segmentation - or tagging - system. It is the best way to send targeted messaging and really optimize list engagement.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - I've used it for myself and 7 clients so far and it's been terrific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what you want to accomplish. Are you blogging and sending out a newsletter periodically? Then maybe MailChimp or Convertkit are more suitable. But if you are an online entrepreneur who needs to keep on top of list engagement (targeted messaging, robust automation, etc), launch products, run an online course, etc - I think ActiveCampaign is the best.

For many of my clients who run online programs, it's a solution to targeted list building and nurture as well as content delivery. Setting automations is easy, and recently I've realized extremely sophisticated for my client who launched a 5-figure course. We were able to segment her Master list and target sequences to nurture prospects through the different phases of the launch. Also the data we received is helping us refine next year's launch. It's awesome.

I was so impressed that I'm using ActiveCampaign for my own business - build lists and deliver content. I'd like to use it to manage my client relationships as well.

ActiveCampaign review by Jessa G.
Jessa G.

"Great Product, Great Service, Great Price"

What do you like best?

The software is incredibly robust. You can do basic email marketing campaigns, like everyone else out there - but there is so much more "under the hood" of ActiveCampaign, with the indepth functionality of automations, the CRM tools, and integration/tracking on your website. And I recently needed to contact customer support and received incredible service. I'm thrilled.

What do you dislike?

There are a series of training videos that walk through key functionalities and features and how to use them. The person narrating these videos sounds like he hates his life and isn't exactly thrilled about the product he's describing either. I'd rather throw myself out a window than watch the training videos in AC... so I've had to resort to finding alternative videos on YouTube made by people outside of ActiveCampaign. I highly recommend getting someone else to do a new, brighter voice-over for your training vids!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, learn about some of the amazing funnel building and automations you can do. You'll never look back.

I'm both creating more involved and enlightening email campaigns for my own business, but I'm also able to help my clients migrate to ActiveCampaign and improve their marketing campaigns as well.

ActiveCampaign review by Sheila J D.
Sheila J D.

"Best Email Marketing Tool!"

What do you like best?

I've used them all and now prefer Active Campaign over all other products. Starting out as a virtual assistant, I had the opportunity to see what the right tools do for a business. This is the best tool for email marketing. I love how it integrates with Wordpress so easily as well as Thrive Cart. Being able to manage additional users on my platform has been great since I'm using a team to manage my business now. Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

Would like to send campaigns via tag only. Also, I'd love to see AC implement a sponsorship program. It would be great if there were a shopping cart option for some of my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to continue using IS for my other business because they are a sponsor for my business at Lock n' Load Marketing. If AC would do sponsorships, I would move 100% to AC for both businesses.

Being able to use my list effectively improves open rates. It's super easy to use with my website, shopping cart, and other platforms like 22Social which we are implementing very soon. I wonder if there are ways I'm not using Active Campaign that I could be using. Would love to have had an onboarding person to walk me through some of the other opportunities. Like, how do I use it as a CRM? What other ways could I use it for analytics?

ActiveCampaign review by Pascal G.
Pascal G.

"When you find Mailchimp can't help you! ActiveCampaign is the best"

What do you like best?

Even if I have no problem in english, the fact that it's available in french is far more better than other tools. Automations and blast campaing are really easy to setup. There are a lot of automation templates available but I've made my own very easily. Using Zapier, Gmail and ActiveCampaign, I've been able to send a series of email to our new clients even if our website ordering system didn't made it easy to do so. Using Zapier, ActiveCampaign and Googleforms, I've made polls which allow us to get new clients and visitors. I recommend using ActiveCampaign to friends, and other companies I know.

What do you dislike?

Well, I would have to dig very hard to find something I dislike. Heck, I don't even see If there would be something I dislike for the parts I'm not yet using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it with Zapier, Gmail, Google Form to make polls and entice customers to give you answers to what they would need. If you are using ThriveArchitect, It will be awesome. Use your imagination and you will be surprised!

Following with our current active clients was not possible through our website. For some reason, It will not be possible as a lot of time, money and work would need to be invested to make it possible. Using Zapier, we retrieve the email we receive when clients make an order. They are then put in an automation that send them emails to give them advice for their job posting, additionnal product offers and follow-up questions for their results. Usualy, they answer the questions for the results, which allow us to call them to have a chat and maybe propose additionnal services and products. This is only one of the many uses we have with ActiveCampaign. And I can assure you, our website is really not that good, using ActiveCampaign allow us to really increase our performance.

ActiveCampaign review by Christine B.
Christine B.

"Clutter free layout, simple + easy to use, yet robust features"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality and ease of use. I am a techy person but you don’t need to be to use the product. I set my clients up on it all the time- if only I would use the affiliate link 😂Most of my clients are not tech savvy at all but have no problem using the site. Uncluttered visually as well. Love the ease of the drag and drop functionality of automations. So many great features and options for every email marketing need. You can’t go wrong! I have 3 businesses personally and an account for each.

What do you dislike?

I can’t say I dislike anything, but I would like to be able to have mutliple businesses under 1 account. I have 3 businesses so I have and pay for 3 separate accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is great, so easy to use and there are so many features and functionalities to help you grow, automate and track results for your business. You’ll love it!

I am setting up Active Campaign for my clients, setting up funnels for them with tracking , tagging, etc. for clients and then I teach them how to use the system.

ActiveCampaign review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Marketing Automation for the People!"

What do you like best?

There are two things about ActiveCampaign that have made me not only a user but an evangelist. First is the value that the platform provides. There is a rainbow of features for a very reasonable cost. The feature set that is most impressive is the ability to customize marketing automations. The infinite level of customization possible is the #2 reason I use and recommend ActiveCampaign to my clients.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the CRM has room for improvement, but I believe that they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Activate a trial account. You may wish to have help in fully implementing the platform, but the free assistance offered by ActiveCampaign is quite good.

Internally we use it to engage prospects and find its tracking features to be extremely valuable in the sales process. Our clients use it to help build their brands and increase sales.

ActiveCampaign review by Pamela C.
Pamela C.

"Impressed with Active Campaign"

What do you like best?

I love that Active Campaign is a detailed CRM with email automation all in one place. It's a one-stop shop in a sense. I also love being able to track my 'deals' and know the profit and loss potentials.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to integrate my videos from Wistia instead of youtube, so I can track who watches them and for how long, but I don't dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have in any business. Email automation helps you stay in contact with folks who may not be ready to become your client yet. You can add value by sharing short educational emails that will help them know like and trust you more.

I'm able to track my business dollars, and who my hot prospects are easily with active campaign.

ActiveCampaign review by Tara-Tamiko, D.
Tara-Tamiko, D.

"ActiveCampaign: Your Automation Beast!"

What do you like best?

Automation, automation, automation. I now understand why this is in the marketing automation category as opposed to the email marketing category.

What do you dislike?

No iOS app! Why not? It's a little difficult to access reporting on my iPhone, I would be interested in using an app version of the tool. Hopefully, this will be developed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hear a lot of people talk about a product being 'intuitive' and that's what I look for in an SaaS. However, ActiveCampaign may feel counter-intuitive at first. Give it time. The number of features it has means you really need to take some time out to learn how to make it work for you and your business.

Analysis! By setting up automations when I write an email, it's far easier to analyse, segment and target my list.

What I love the most about ActiveCampaign is that there seems to no limit to the amount of automations you can set up. From autoresponders, to sequencers, integrating with other products, such as CRMs, other automation tools, like Zapier.

Email marketing has long gone away from the simple broadcasting of your message. And ActiveCampaign takes care of that. Sure you can send out newsletters, but with the ability to customize and personalize your emails, and set these up automatically, why would you want to broadcast.

In today's fast-moving business world, you need a marketing tool that gives you back time. ActiveCampaign does this.

ActiveCampaign review by Joanna O.
Joanna O.

"Simple to use, great customer service"

What do you like best?

Getting to try out ActiveCampaign for free during the trial gave me the confidence to signup for an account. I really appreciated having a representative set up a phone call with me to walk me through the platform and answer any questions I had. The customer service was excellent right from the beginning. When I had a question months later, a response was given the same day and my issue quickly resolved.

What do you dislike?

I have been using ActiveCampaign for approximately 5 months and I have found everything straight forward and easy to use. One feature I dislike is that in order to connect a PayPal purchase to an email automation, I have to use Zapier. This added monthly fee and extra hurdle made it difficult for me to set up my automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As someone who is just starting my business, I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. If like me, your email list is still small, AC is very affordable. I like how the subscription fees reflect the amount of subscribers you have to allow you to expand based on your growth.

The main reason I wanted to use ActiveCampaign was from the positive reviews from my peers. My primary use of AC is to set up email automations to be sent to subscribers. I am able to save a lot of time, create beautifully functional emails with the templates provided and easily organize my contact list.

ActiveCampaign review by Heather C S.
Heather C S.

"ActiveCampaign has changed my business and given me back a life."

What do you like best?

I like the campaigns and being able to personalize my clients and subscribers experiences based on the tags that ActiveCampaign allows me to add. I also love that using Zapier I can connect my calendar, my invoicing system, and more, to be able to add tags. This allows me to organize my lists and personalize my messages.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to be able to format the RSS email. For some reason, the text is very tiny when it pulls in my blog post content. I contacted their support but this was something they are unable to change. Having the RSS automated would eliminate the need to manually send out an email each week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to go through the training and take them up on their monthly phone calls when setting it up. They offer amazing support if you need it.

I am using the marketing automation for myself and my clients. Setting up personalized marketing campaigns for my business has given me back my time, and it has helped me steadily book more sales calls with potential clients.

ActiveCampaign review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"Active campaign is my favorite marketing tool! "

What do you like best?

Active Campaign has been the best email marketing platform we've used - by far! (And we've tried quite a few.) The best thing about Active Campaign is the power of segmentation and automation. The value for the software is incredible - they offer a very generous plan that includes automations and contact management. The power to track users across website behavior, different platforms, and segmented forms makes for a very powerful tool. The design has improved substantially and the new marketplace is going to make the community even stronger.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike (and we don't consider it a negative) is that there is a definite learning curve to active campaign. It isn't for novices who've never worked in email marketing. But if you're willing to spend a little time learning about how to navigate the tool, it's completely worth it! Support has also been very helpful when we've run into snags integrating AC with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended. Take the plunge and don't look back! Automations and segmentation are here for good!

*Email Marketing

*Email Newsletters

*Sales Funnels through Automation

*Time based Campaigns using Dates

*Segmenting Customers using forms and lists

*Advanced Customer Tracking

*Advanced Customer Behavior Tracking (email and website)

ActiveCampaign review by Shane P.
Shane P.

"It does what it says it does ... and does it well!"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign is well-designed and works well. The "Conditions and Workflow" options are easy to use and powerful enough to reach out to your contacts based on various criteria. Automations and Campaigns are a breeze to use, as is the email and forms designer. I have tried a number of email marketing systems over the years and this is the one I am most pleased with.

What do you dislike?

I'd have to say there is nothing I dislike about ActiveCampaign. It would be a bonus to have some more powerful CRM features, but CRM is not my primary reason for using it, so it's no big deal. Having said that, though, I still find ActiveCampaign quite effective for managing tasks etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If email marketing is your primary focus, definitely give it a go. Since moving to ActiveCampaign, I've stopped looking for anything else. I'm happy where I've landed.

Following up with subscribers and targeting based on web pages visited.

ActiveCampaign review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Best email automation software available today"

What do you like best?

Because I'm a consultant and do lots of freelance work I've had to use almost every email autoresponder. None combine simplicity with powerful automation features like Active Campaign. You can have your campaign set up in minutes even if you have never used the software before, and aren't tech-savvy. It turns anyone into an email automation wizard. Also, the interface to write and design your emails is really simple and easy to use. That's why I choose to use Active Campaign for my own business and recommend all my clients switch to this software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is the most recently set up email templates don't get saved at the top of the template menu. Also, there is a two-step login which is a little weird to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the trial and then use the software. You won't be disappointed and it's inexpensive to try to platform.

Active Campaign makes it easy for just about anyone to create powerful email and text message automation and track them. I now can use a single system to send out all of my emails, both automated and broadcast. It's also cool because if you have multiple products, lists, or send-from emails you can host them all inside a single Active Campaign account. This way you don't need to sign up for Active Campaign multiple times for all of your businesses.

ActiveCampaign review by WENDY B.
WENDY B.

"ActiveCampaign removed my email pain!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use the automations and list segmentation features; tons of integrations direct and via zapier. Very easy to create emails, templatize sections of emails or replicate an existing email.

What do you dislike?

Big price jump between LITE and PLUS is hefty. I don't love the basic unsubscribe page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I went to ActiveCampaign because the CRM I use for my service-based business, Dubsado, created a Zapier Integration. After trying ActiveCampaign, I was SOLD!

I'm able to easily setup automated nurture campaigns for warm leads. The automation setup is easier than other email software that I've tested. I am able to integrate lead capture forms directly into my website OR use integrations via Zapier to add leads to specific nurture campaigns after the lead has been submitted directly into my CRM. ActiveCampaign is super flexible.

ActiveCampaign review by Emilia I.
Emilia I.

"ActiveCampaign as a base of operations!"

What do you like best?

It's all about saving time these days and AC helps with this in so many ways. Aside from the obvious benefits automation programs provide, AC is further differentiated by its user-friendliness and clear design. It's easy to understand, use and improve on and this is key for saving time off conducting training sessions for new employees as AC is best learned by practicing in it.

What do you dislike?

Of course, there is always room for improvement, but mostly in some small details here and there. For example, in the Contacts view it would be great if you could also see the Lists, not just the tags of the people without having to go into the contacts' profiles, but it's nothing to cry over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not doubt for a second - this is the solution that will improve your business process considerably!

This is a useful tool for all types of companies but especially the smaller ones. When a small team has a big workload and deals directly with end consumers, having AC means you can focus on the most important parts of the business and not lose focus by following up manually on all the prospects and copy-and-pasting an email to some and not to others, etc. So AC provides more than just benefits - it's a must-have for any successful company!

ActiveCampaign review by Jorge S.
Jorge S.

"I'm so pleased with ActiveCampaign"

What do you like best?

Since I started in the Digital Marketing I've never had access to such an amazing tool for automation and email marketing as well. I use to work with a couple of email marketing old competitors and with a couple more of my clientes, but, once I discovered the ease of use of Active Campaing and it's automationa capabilities, I just ended turning around from my former provider and came to ActiveCampaign. I like the easy way of making automations and that it has all the advanced features I need. I also love it's super easy and intuitive user interface.

What do you dislike?

Should I have to find something I don't like? Is a very dificult matter for me, because I'm so happy with ActiveCampaing so far, that I can't think of anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly reccomend ActiveCAmpaign for any one that is considering to have a list for their business. I have done it, I mean I have ActiveCampaign and I think it was a wise desicion. I have refered ActiveCampaig to a couple of acquaintances and they have subscribed and they have bought a plan.

Marketing automation and list segmentation are two of my most concerned topics I've solved with ActiveCampaign. ActiveCampaign allowes me to send very targeted and relevant messages to my own leads as well as to those of my clients and all based on their behaviour. It is an amazing tool that makes very easy to do that.

ActiveCampaign review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Best email marketing tool for the price"

What do you like best?

In a few words - features & integrations. We've just scratched the surface with automations, but build new ones all the time. The opportunities to put a lot of our 2-person business on autopilot and increase our customer base and customer support are endless!

We have a full customer marketing tool in one place - from interest tracking to blog subscribing, then automations from purchases and event attendance. We love it! We are able to provide amazing customer support, with just two people!

There's a consistent release of new features that meet our needs and have kept us with AC for the long haul.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like are the number of integrations that are are zaps (Zapier). We prefer direct integrations with specific apps. So far, it's been workable though, so overall, not a big complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all the things it can do for the price. It's more reasonably priced than other similar tools like Infusionsoft and Constant Contact.

We're solving tons of problems with AC - list management, list building, automations, better customer service (because of automations)... That's really just the beginning. We always look to AC to see if it can do something for us before looking for another solution. We love how it integrates with WordPress and Gravity Forms. That's a pretty rock-solid trio.

ActiveCampaign review by Mary G.
Mary G.

"Super easy and intuitive email, marketing solution!"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign has a super intuitive user interface that made my transition from my previous provider almost completely pain free. What I love the most: the ease of use, tagging, contact based, and super easy automations, LOVE IT!! I had paid for being able to implement automations with my previous provider but never been able to really get a good grasp on their system. Not cool since I'm a techie kind of gal. The drag and drop visual interface with AC is a dream. My list is growing gangbusters because of how much I've been able to implement since making the switch.

What do you dislike?

So I have to find something to dislike? Dang! The only thing I can think of is improving the ability to pull in and create a campaign from an RSS feed. And in the grand scheme of things, that's a speck of dust that I know they're working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no need to start out with a company that offers less. ActiveCampaign is set up to grow with you in an intuitively and seamless way. I wish it had been available when I started out. Two or three questions to ask yourself. 1. Does your provider make it easy to tag your contacts for granular segmentation? 2. Is your current system contact based or list based? If it's list based get off of there now. 3. How easy are automations to implement?

Marketing Automation. List Segmentation. Setting up evergreen funnels. Creating sales automations. I've been able to very easily set up nurturing sequences for very targeted groups of contacts because of the granular segmentation I can do with tagging.

ActiveCampaign review by Kristina D.
Kristina D.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

I have used a variety of competing products. I really love how ActiveCampaign is easy to use (so my clients can easily learn how to use it) but has all the advanced features I need as the marketing manager.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. It's really a delightful product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very affordable, yet very sophisticated product, that is also super easy to use. I've used a lot of similar products and this is definitely my favorite.

I do a lot of email marketing for small business, and we use ActiveCampaign forms on their websites to collect data from prospects. We have had many new clients who have filled in our ActiveCampaign forms before downloading free documents or reaching out to us for help. And, since I get a text message every time one of our Active Campaign forms is filled in, we can get back to these prospect immediately!

ActiveCampaign review by Danijel S.
Danijel S.

"ActiveCampaign put business on auto ride"

What do you like best?

I'm glad to be able to track in real-time what's happening in my business through the CRM system, but also the ability to contact quickly and reliably and reach all of my clients

What do you dislike?

At the moment there are a few things I do not like because I found the ideal tool. Through my suggestions, I have already focused my attention on some possible improvements in the ActiveCampaign crew and pointed to the necessity of own mobile CRM application

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage you to try out a free trial and see the great potential of action and work. After initial setup and process, learning and introducing the system, through extremely fast, quality, and detailed support, you will find that you no longer want to work without this tool

Practically 100% of self-service customer communications (assistance requests, password changes, and other service functions as well as web queries) relies on the functionality of ActiveCampaign and api sistem, promotions and newsletters through the mailing list as well as billing registration and the entire process that binds to the same. We are conducting and segmenting the membership section with the ability to segment and personalize access with each client individually .

The Active Campaign Tool allows me to track every client, its progress and success within our organization, but also with automated processes to guide the client according to the desired goal - our as an organization and happiness to end-users.

Active Campaign today is must have for me and must try for you if you have not .

ActiveCampaign review by Dawn M.
Dawn M.

"Exceptionally strong platform no matter what stage of business you're in"

What do you like best?

It's an extremely easy to use, intuitive piece of software. I love that I can see exactly how my automations look and how easy it is to update them down the road if I make some changes to my marketing strategies. In client work, I've used Ontraport and Infusionsoft - I love that I can recommend Active Campaign to absolutely everyone - even when my clients are just starting out. When I made the change from Mailchimp to Active Campaign, it instantly felt like I was ready to play a bigger game.

What do you dislike?

If I had to make one suggestion to change, it would have to be the editor for emails. A lot of times, I want a picture placed in a very particular spot and it's not always as easy to get that done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At a starting price of $9 per month, you really can't afford NOT to at least try Active Campaign. Using a free program seems great in the beginning, but I promise, it will be more of a headache as you grow and find that you need a more powerful system.

Constant engagement with my audience. I know exactly where people have been on my site, what they've signed up for and where they are in the funnel process. It makes it incredibly easy for me to ensure I'm always front of mind with my subscribers by using indoctrination sequences, email campaigns and sales funnel automations. Since using Active Campaign, I've seen a sharp increase in the amount of engagement from my list and that's translating to more eyes on my content and more sales.

ActiveCampaign review by Danny (Danny Blaq) T.
Danny (Danny Blaq) T.

"Good solution if you are looking for automation and integration on a budget"

What do you like best?

It has a greater offering in automation and abilities to get create more advanced user journey's than some of the other lower priced solutions plus some of the querying options are better. Their built in CRM is pretty decent so you do not need necessarily 2 applications if you are smaller it can save money

What do you dislike?

Their templating is lacking I guess they put their focus on the what other ESP's like Mail chimp are weaker on. You can't create a dynamic template easy. The dynamic aspects are pretty clunky on the template side

Recommendations to others considering the product

ESP selection is a tricky business because it is never straight forward, it all depends on your skill level, experience and your business need. A retailer may have a different need than a publisher, many may not have different data sources and use their ESP as DOR. Some have no technical experience and look for drag and drop. All those points pose different approaches by ESP's. AC addressed mine where I am a hard core developer that builds out custom application for email marketing and AC was easier to deal with besides the templates

As a small boutique firm and being a developer, Active Campaign allows to address some of the aspects in terms of integration with API's and Data where some of the others fall short BUT depending on your need and skill level one may prefer something different unless you are willing to dish out thousands of dollars for a Salesforce that allows for more custom development out of the box.

Their integration with their CRM is also pretty decent allowing the email marketing aspect tie directly with an CRM solution that can be used to pipeline sales.

ActiveCampaign review by Shaun K.
Shaun K.

"The Best Email Marketing/CRM Software - Bar None!"

What do you like best?

I like the how you can do pretty much anything you like with the Automation's. The only thing you are limited by is your imagination. I have set up a booking form on a clients website. This automatically puts the customers details into AC. Then hands off an automated email welcoming them and telling them about the company and what to expect if they if they are new customer. And a lovely welcome back email if they are an existing customer. The 48 hours later they get an email running through all the other services that are provided. My client has seen a lot of extra work come via this email. Honestly these simple automation's are the tip of the iceberg. You can send SMS messages (which I have done). Another thing I love is you can set up automation's to send emails out when people go to certain ages on your website. You can send out emails on clients birthdays. Limitless! I use ActiveCampaign for all clients and I use it in my own business.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I have not found much to dislike about ActiveCampaign. A little bit of a learning curve but the ace customer support is there to help you out with any questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sign up! Try out the free trial. Stick with it for a bit then you will realize its power and what is possible.

I am saving time in my business and my clients businesses by automating business processes. Benefits - saving time and money! And Engaging my and my clients customers. AC helps process customers through sales funnels.

ActiveCampaign review by Rachel K.
Rachel K.

"Email Marketing and Automation Nightmare"

What do you like best?

The ability to segment my contacts based upon their behavior and location and how easily it was to integrate with several third party software.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is their lack of reliability and customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware. I swtiched to ActiveCampaign early 2017 on a recommendation from a business mentor. There were approximately 32 students taking a course with said mentor. Many of the students complained about ActiveCampaign from the onset (not being user friendly and having a steep learning curve was their biggest complaint, which was not an issue for me since my past includes a long career in Information Technology/Systems). For the most part, I was satisfied initially. They seem to provide a decent product...until the customer encounters problems and seeks their support. Approximately 80 percent of those students cancelled their ActiveCampaign accounts--some due to difficulty to use and others doe to their poor customer support.

I tried to work with their (non-)Support Team via chat and email for an unreasonable number of hours, all to no avail. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced across like companies. I had several issues with ActiveCampaign but the most serious one happened during a well-planned program launch where I relied heavily on them for the marketing piece. The reputation of my business suffered in addition to an estimated $27,000 loss of income at their hands. I spent approximately two weeks going back and forth with their support team about my campaigns not being delivered during what could have been a lucrative launch. I included evidence of my claim and, instead of taking responsibility and resolving, they shrugged their shoulders. Ridiculous and unnecessary amount of time spent with them. They simply do not care about their customers.

I have not realized any benefits; however, I have lost approximately $27,000 in profits from a well-planned launch at ActiveCampaign's hands--not to mention the damage to our business reputation.

ActiveCampaign review by Jakub .
Jakub .

"As email marketing consultant, I love and often recommend Active Campaign to my clients..."

What do you like best?

Active Campaing despite it's possibilities, is very user friendly and easy to work with. I managed to teach many clients without any great IT knowledge to be able to create and send really good emails. Campaign editor is very robust, yet simple to understand. Another big part is amazing automation. Considering built-in functions you can use plus option to connect AC via API with your systems, you can do magic.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes might be problem when a lot of people try to sign in through web form in short time frame. captcha impossible to solve appears.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it, after 5 years doing email communications full-time every day, I still love AC most from all the options on the market.

Usually we apply AC for after-sale communication with customers. With automations recognizing what customer purchased, what he likes and prefers, we automaticaly send targeted messages with informations as well as sale emails later on.

ActiveCampaign review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"One of the best kept secrets in marketing automation"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign has an absolutely incredible automation builder. With a lot of the SMB focused platforms on the market, you're limited. With ActiveCampaign, you can automate pretty much any behavior (while filtering for demographic criteria) that you can with the top (read $$$) platforms such as Marketo. The builder is really intuitive in my opinion, you don''t need to be a tech guru to build complex automations.

The email builder is excellent. Mobile responsive with a true drag and drop builder, no code required.

What do you dislike?

The reporting isn't great. To clarify, for basic metrics like opens, click through rates, it's very good. I find the process of tieing a conversion to an individual email kind of complex and clunky. The analytics need an overhaul in my view.

The lack of landing page builder will bother some looking for "all in one." It's a negative, but most marketing automation platforms have awful builders. Without a full-time web designer, you may be better off with a Instapage anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a free trial and give it a shot. There's a lot of good solutions in this crowded market, but for those looking for easy-to-use, powerful, affordable marketing automation, this is a solution that should be considered. The product is better than their marketing, which is partially why AC is so underrated imo.

The ability to communicate with prospects based on their behavior and interests without being limited or breaking the bank or having to get a PhD in the platform (read: easy-to-use).

ActiveCampaign review by Quentin P.
Quentin P.

"Active Campaign were the only choice for m"

What do you like best?

I use a number of other automation products including an online membership site and a shopping cart, and I needed to hook them up together directly - and in the simplest possible way. Active Campaign made this easy.

What do you dislike?

By default, the contacts list is in alphabetical order. I'd like to change that default so it showed me the latest additions first, but having said that, it's only 1 click to do it anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am delighted I found Active Campaign. I'd used 3 other well known autoresponders up to this point, and none of them could do what Active Campaign did - especially regarding the automation processes I needed. Everything is now working perfectly and I couldn't be happier.

I run a series of sales funnels that take people through a get to know you campaign, followed by an on boarding campaign. It is vital this was automated as much as possible, and that's exactly what Active Campaign lets me do.

ActiveCampaign review by Johnathan M.
Johnathan M.

"Great product, very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

After reviewing several products in the CRM and marketing automation category, many of them were very elaborate and overwhelming. As someone new to this type of software I found ActiveCampaign very user friendly and easy to get started. The tutorials, videos and help were very useful and in less than a few days I was ready to send my first campaign. Within a week I was ready to send my first automation. After evaluating several products this was by far the easiest to use during my trial, and I quickly converted to the paid version.

What do you dislike?

The only small issue I had was a delay in speed one day. This was on a holiday so I assumed they may have been undergoing maintenance on the site. I never had this issue again

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try, especially if you are a beginner in using marketing automation tools.

I am using the product for its CRM, email marketing and marketing automation.

ActiveCampaign review by Bridgette B.
Bridgette B.

"Best Decision Ever!"

What do you like best?

Active Campaign is user friendly, the videos are clear, the chat support is responsive and helpful and the interface to clean and well organized. I don't consider myself tech savvy but I feel like a pro:). It was one of the best decisions I made to switch. I still have lots to learn but within a month I can already see the positive impact on my business. I am a raving fan - I tell everyone about Active Campaign. One Love from Jamaica yeah mon!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The system is working very well but I have some sections to complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, you will be be glad you did!

Marketing and email automation as well as carefully tracking each prospect/client. I am better able to systemize my business and to interact with prospects/clients in a more efficient manner.

ActiveCampaign review by Jen R.
Jen R.

"Best Email Service I have Used to Date"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, works well and support is awesome. I have never used a system that has such awesome support or free of glitches. None of my emails have gone out twice. The design section is so easy to use and I like that the info is saved so you can just grab your template and get your email done quick.

What do you dislike?

Only the learning curve involved going from simple newsletters but that was my limitations. As soon as I went through some of the instructional videos and read all their awesome support FAQS I was good to go! It's so easy and effective now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You can do the free trial to see if they are a good fit before you commit. Watch the videos and make sure you read all the material before you start your campaigns. I didn't at first and I was lost!! Utilize the awesome information they provide.

I love using the tags and sending my subscribers what they want to read. It improves my interaction with my subscribers and allows me to set up automations that free up my time to work on my business. I am currently setting up a free gift automation for my site and I am blown away at how easy it is to do once you have everything set up.

ActiveCampaign review by Flemming A.
Flemming A.

"Intuitive and not annoying"

What do you like best?

Building automations in ActiveCampaign is WAY less frustrating/annoying than some similar products I've used including some very well known ones. Being able to easily add logic to an automation (some products call it a campaign) so that appropriate emails are sent is really powerful. The whole automation section of AC is really well thought out. Having worked extensively with other products before AC I often find myself saying "Wow, that's so cool" when I'm building an automation in AC :-)

What do you dislike?

Because it's possible to do everything with tags instead of lists, (but it's not enforced) I decided to use a single list and segment with tags which made the unsubscribe link that is automatically appended to all emails a bit dangerous. Maybe I just haven't figured this out properly yet though!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and you will probably love it!

I use AC to send out marketing emails to prospects. I haven't explored other features yet.

ActiveCampaign review by Jason J.
Jason J.

"Easy to Use, Quick to Launch, Great Return!"

What do you like best?

The best part about the ActiveCampaign platform is how easy it was to get started with forms, contacts and automations. Managing multi-departmental sales and jumping in with about 1,000 contacts, I was able to import our leads, automate communication and train our sales staff all BEFORE my on-boarding call with our account rep (that's how easy it is to use)! Other platforms cost an arm and a leg - ActiveCampaign is much more affordable and has all the solutions we need for an effective and efficient email-based inbound marketing program. (Other things I love - live support chat, the flexibility of the platform, and the support staff have been really helpful and fun to work with!)

What do you dislike?

I wish texting was integrated right into the platform, but we use Sales Message as work around so it's not that bad. Aside from this, I have NO complaints about ActiveCampaign and have already recommended it to peers within my industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it - you won't be sorry. ActiveCampaign pays for itself.

We've been able to increase our inbound sales leads significantly while discontinuing the use of our old CRM which was time consuming and ineffective. Moving to ActiveCampaign has been a highlight of this year for us!

ActiveCampaign review by Hoang L.
Hoang L.

"Best choice for marketing automation"

What do you like best?

Activecampaign is a great combination of features and affordable pricing for a marketing automation solution.

Other solutions are either like in features or much more expensive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a bit confusing to use because of too many features.

The UI is slow sometimes.

I wish there were a live chat inside the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still using a one-size-fits-all autoresponder like aweber or MailChimp, you should consider trying Activecampaign to segment your list and send them more customized messages.

ActiveCampaign has helped me automate a lot of my communication with my audience.

Unlike an autoresponder which can only send a fixed series of emails, ActiveCampaign can send different emails based on different conditions that you set inside the automation.

ActiveCampaign review by Regan G.
Regan G.

"Simple to use, and makes my life a lot easier! "

What do you like best?

I switched over from another service because a friend was promoting AC, I trust them so I decided to check out the trial period first. I like that it's easy to use, it's affordable and even when I was first starting out and didn't know what I was doing I was able to either figure it out using their how to tutorials or their FAQ's section.

I liked the wording they used compared to the other service, so I decided to go a head and use AC instead. It was simple to transfer my contacts over ( even if I had a small list ) that was important to me.

Over all I am happy with my choice in choosing AC and looking forward to integrating more options with them going forward.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are so many options you can do. It makes it a bit overwhelming at times, because I am not at the point in my business to test out all the systems yet. But looking forward to that day!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free guides and ask for help to learn first!!

It allows me to send out emails to participants of 30 Day Challenges I create for a local gym. It's a way members can work with me in a group setting at a discounted rate instead of one on one.

It also allows me to create an email list with my free optin on my blog.

ActiveCampaign review by Laurren D.
Laurren D.

"Idiot-friendly with a side of impeccable service"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and to learn. I was hesitant to make a switch because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on the learning curve, but it was super easy. And, when I had a question, it was easy to chat with a customer service person that not only walked me through but provided screen shots and video of how to do what I needed to.

What do you dislike?

Right now my only real issue is that I can't get sign ups from forms on the website to go into a particular part of an automation - so that they start the newsletter sequence at the current date, for example. Contacts have to be added manually - one at a time to do this. This takes time. Also, I'd like to be able to add the year to an automation. I have newsletter automations set up and will have to deactivate the 2017 one and create a 2018 when the time comes because currently you use the month and date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the options vs. cost

We are able to keep in touch with contacts on several different lists/ segments. This helps us to share information on what is going on and also get feedback from people that have signed up. We program the newsletters and they just go out and show up in the inbox. It works great for us and what we need to accomplish.

ActiveCampaign review by R.J. Scherba C.
R.J. Scherba C.

"R.J. Scherba, owner of R.J. Scherba Christian Coaching"

What do you like best?

Campaigns are easy and beautiful. Automations are the most extensive I've seen. Online help articles are plentiful and well written. I have used live chat multiple times, and each time it was excellent. Some older online reviews say this company's pages load slowly, so I contacted the company about that before even trying the free trial. They said it was fixed, and it definitely is, no problems at all with page loads. By far the best bang for your buck!

What do you dislike?

Customization is limited for designing forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best bang for the buck out there! Fast load time. Easy to learn and use. Loads of options for designing campaigns and automations. Absolutely wonderful customer support.

I just started ActiveCampaign 5 weeks ago. I have already designed 13 campaigns and 1 automation. Because of the excellent help articles and chat support, I have learned how to create segments based on tagging, and automations based on tagging. I plan to segment potential clients by the links they click, and customize campaigns based on interest. This will help me serve my blog list by giving them what they need.

ActiveCampaign review by Seth T.
Seth T.

"Best Email Software and Automation Software"

What do you like best?

I've tried a few email software not just but including InfusionSoft, MailChimp, ClickFunnels Professional, Aweber, Constant Contact, and Active Campaign by far is the best.

Active Campaign (AC) not only has the most features and software power but is also very organized and user friendly.

Integrations

The integration is beyond amazing. AC integrates with all the latest and greatest other software that one might need to complete an automation. I even found a BETA software that was integrated and they let me participate.

Customer Service

Last but not least the Customer Service is the best I've experienced with any software or website on the internet. This company has a upgraded plan that allows for monthly training with their staff that will help you build your campaigns, automation and answer any and all questions. They helped me to understand the capability of the software as well as figure out how to implement a feature that I might want to use.

I am a small business and AC has helped me manage everything from lead management, lead follow up, to client on boarding and helping stay more in touch with customers. Even follow up with old ones.

The price point is very fair compared to competition.

What do you dislike?

The only thing bad about AC is that sometimes it is hard to generate reports for what you need to find out and end up having to calculate it manually. But I hear they are in the process of updating this so extensive reporting will be on the way soon.

Lead Management

The DEAL features on AC is one of it's major abilities because it takes lead management to the next level. It organizes all leads in a very easy to use and see screen along side the automated emails, text message follow ups that I integrated into my automation.

Customer Service/Onboarding

Because AC integrates with my merchant software I also use it to automate my onboarding, customer service, and follow ups with old customers.

ActiveCampaign review by Heidi  S.
Heidi S.

"So Many Helpful Filters & Smart List Organisation"

What do you like best?

I looked forever to find an email marketing software that allowed me to sort my lists with a lot of detail. I have multiple products and services and adding and removing people from different lists based on their interests and client journey was tedious and painful. Active Campaign gives you the opportunity to tag and sort customers depending on their experience. E.g. after buying a product that are removed from one list and can be tagged to be added to another funnel for products and info that may suit them in the future. It means you can keep your clients engaged and help them grow without annoying them with multiple emails and you don't have to manually add and change people from different lists.

I also love the personalised AC support. Their service is fast and personal.

AC also integrates nicely with lots of other apps.

When importing your lists they do a quick and efficient background check and were easy to work with importing my contacts from my website lists and Mailchimp.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is to be able to design cleaner and more beautiful emails. The design feature of the templates isn't the freshest but still does the job being able to add video etc to your emails.

List Sorting. Believe me no other app tags and redirects clients in the way this one does. It's also a great CRM system.

ActiveCampaign review by Eva M.
Eva M.

"Super easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I started my Early Years and Parenting Consultancy early this year and I am just about to launch my membership website, so I'm pretty new to the business world. Therefore, it was crucial for me to find an email marketing service that is easy to use.

I'm very glad that I found ActiveCampaign, because it was super simple to set up, integrate with other web tools, creating email automation, campaigns and they provide top notch customer service.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, so far everything is going fine. I like the simplicity of the website and the design of my account. I find everything what I need and so I really can't complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just about to start your business, ActiveCampaign is perfect for you to make you feel supported and because it works smoothly it will keep the faith in your project.

As I have a membership website to launch, I needed to connect Wordpress, Optimizepress, PayPal and ActiveCampaign and they work perfectly together without a problem. It feels amazing, when I get a notification of a new customer's registration, then I feel that everything is well connected and works smoothly.

ActiveCampaign review by Jen M.
Jen M.

"*VERY* Happy User!! "

What do you like best?

I really *LOVE* the user friendliness to ActiveCampaign's platform. I came over from one of the other platforms completely discouraged and upset with their non-user-friendliness and the high monthly rate. I've been welcomed with open arms at AC. I literally rant and rave to my clients about AC and frankly, I couldn't be happier. The help desk has always been very friendly when I have questions. The monthly price is amazing! I always get compliments on how lovely my emails are.

What do you dislike?

At one point, my team and I created a funnel for an automation. Once we opened it and made it live and people went all the way through, I decided I wanted to add a few more emails in the sequence. To make my life easier I had hoped there was a way to segment the people who went through completely to bring them back to the last email. I didn't find that that was the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best platform I've ever used! I LOOVE AC!

For one, I no longer need to hire out staff to create my own campaigns and funnels. I can do it myself, so I'm saving money on payroll. And the monthly rate is incredible, I'm saving at least $1,000 a year.

ActiveCampaign review by Alejandro L.
Alejandro L.

"the best e-campaing that i ever made!"

What do you like best?

I was skeptic at the beginning, i didn't know if it was going to work; I just gave a try and for my susprise it was the best e-campaing that i ever made! 100% succesful; it's a very intuitive tool for getting the audience that you are looking for, recommended for everyone i should add that it has one of the best customer support team i've ever seen, they are quite efficient at teaching you how to use the product

What do you dislike?

got no complains about it; the best automated campaings ever

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should no be afraid of getting a try, you would not regret

one of the benefits; better target audience i must say.

ActiveCampaign review by Dale D.
Dale D.

"Great Email + Automation Service - HUGE VALUE!"

What do you like best?

The contact-based focused is the way all ESPs should be organized. You have a single contact record that can be subscribed to multiple lists or automations... Compare this to MailChimp where your contact might be duplicated across various lists, making it impossible to get a good overview on your customer base.

The drag n drop email builder is hands-down the best in the industry. Ultimate flexibility since you're not tied to pre-defined elements or blocks.

The automation sequencing is very easy to set up and provides a very visual roadmap of your customer journey throughout the sequences.

The UI is a pleasure to use.

Pricing is extremely affordable to start at the LITE level.

Deep data integrations with Shopify, WooCommerce, etc. to add past-purchase history into your segmentation and triggers.

Tagging adds so much flexibility to tracking customer actions and segmenting.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue with ActiveCampaign is the lack of flexible and actionable reporting. There is pretty in-depth campaign-specific reporting so you can get a good feel for how individual campaigns are performing but it is very hard to get a handle on overall performance over time.

Especially with the Deep Data integrations which allows you to import sales data, it would be great to be able to dig deeper into the sales reporting. ie. What was the value of customers who are tagged "Webinar-Attendee" over the last 12 months

Tags don't have date-stamps so you can't tell if customer tagged "Webinar-Attendee" was tagged in 2016? 2017? 2018? etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your needs and your current ESP, ActiveCampaign is likely an improvement over most existing ESP products. For the right business, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ActiveCampaign. If you need in-depth sales-level reporting, it may not be the right product for you.

Primary serves as our ESP and central point of customer record. It was a HUGE step up from MailChimp and allowed us to consolidate our email strategy across 10 different business units.

ActiveCampaign review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Don't think silos"

What do you like best?

The team at Active Campaign is pretty amazing, not only is the customer service astonishing, but the development cycles are fantastic. It seems like when I login we have new tools available to us and they make the core product even more amazing. I particularly love the site / event tracking

What do you dislike?

In the early days the UI did feel a bit clunky, that's since resolved. Second, to that, we had an email list issue where we did a co-op with another brand but we couldn't actively email the customers who signed up because it was against the rules even though we asked opt-in and 50/50 split the campaign

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo the interface and you'll jump on it.

CRM + glue to our marketing engine. I knew we needed something to track consumers all around our digital space, but tools that did that were expensive and didn't have the same level of granularity, lastly automation has SAVED us.

ActiveCampaign review by Starr S.
Starr S.

"I've tried many, and this one is great!"

What do you like best?

Oh, gosh, so many things! It was easy to move my info from my previous CRM into ActiveCampaign, and I love how easy it is to segment by list, tags, and other info. I can add custom fields, then segment that way, and I can add any tags or info I need to remember info about my people. I also adore the automations! So many options, ways to segment, track, and interact. It is possible to really make a user experience feel dynamic even though it is automated. I also like how easily AC integrates with other programs like Acuity Scheduling, Gravity Forms, and Wordpress.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much, but I do occasionally find the CRM follow-up features lacking. Since I used to use Contactually, I wish there was a way to set up follow-up reminders without someone needing to be in a "deal" or a pipeline. The ability to put people into groups and then be reminded to reach out if we haven't connected in a set amount of time would be really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like setting up automations, you will have so much fun with this product! So many features, options, and ability to customize. I don't see anything else on the market like it at this price point. Great for solopreneurs getting started and building their list.

I use AC to build my email list, reach out to new people who have attended my events, and to provide value to my followers. I love how much I can track, so that I can see what is working and what is not in my marketing and communications. I also use it to stay connected to referral partners, prospective clients, and colleagues.

ActiveCampaign review by Rianne S.
Rianne S.

"Easy to start with, amazing when you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

It's easy to start with and while using I'm discovering so many more options. I'm still getting the hang of using campaigns. I've made some simple ones for challenges and my online program. For my next launch I will push it to the next level and use the automations more actively to get more revenue. So excited to see the results!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people don't get my emails. And when you send a campaign it's not possible to look at a preview any more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore all the options, use the video's en faq if you don't get something. There is some much more possible than you see at first.

It saves me time because I can plan e-mails. The automations make my life so much easier because, when you've made it it runs and I don't have to worry about that.

ActiveCampaign review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"Awesome automation with a decent CRM"

What do you like best?

Active Campaigns automation tools are really robust. Sending automated email campaigns is super simple and allows me to easily segement my audience by different actions they are taking (like cliking on links, viewing pages on my website, etc).

What do you dislike?

Active Campaign can be a bit tricky to learn at first, but. Their automation builder is decent (I personally like Infusionsoft's better), but easy enough to learn. One of the main things I find a bit strange is their use of lists vs tags and how that play with opt-ins vs unsubscribes. I think they have room to simplify this process.

I needed to use Active Campaign to help a client automate some event and webinar reminders. We also used their pipeline feature to manage prospects through the salesprocess.

ActiveCampaign review by Brent R.
Brent R.

"Great value for email marketing!"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign is easy enough to use that it won't intimidate beginners, but it also has enough features to satisfy more experienced email marketers, such as split testing, segmentation, and dynamic content. One of its strongest features is the visual work flow for automated campaigns, which makes it much easier to build and refine conditional and behavior-based sequences. If you've ever had to code one, you'll really appreciate this!

What do you dislike?

I haven't used Active Campaign in a few years, so they may have improved this by now, but the CRM component left a lot to be desired. It almost felt as though it were shoe-horned in for the sake of having a popular selling feature. The UI for customer profile pages was small and awkward, which strained the eyes and made data entry very slow. Again, I've heard they've made many improvements recently, so this is something that may have been fixed by now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that offers many of the features offered by much more expensive competitors. If you're new to email marketing, ActiveCampaign is a great place to start building your lists.

We had our clients use ActiveCampaign to quickly and affordably build and engage their customer lists. The automated features and integrated contact forms made it easy to connect AC to client sites and landing pages, turning them into dynamic sales funnels. Those who followed our plans saw significant increases in acquisition, retention, and overall sales.

ActiveCampaign review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

The ease and visual aspect of automations, hands down. It makes it so easy to create my email marketing. Scheduling ahead has been another big perk, as it's easy to navigate the campaigns I've scheduled, and the data they provide on all the campaigns has been fantastic to really optimize the way I do my emails. Not only that, but I have done monthly calls with AC and they've taught me a lot of ways I had no idea could optimize the way I do it.

What do you dislike?

I've had a great experience over the last 6 months. The only thing that I

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! But I would definitely recommend scheduling the chats with AC employees. Not only has it been great to touch base and get a better feeling on the platform, but when I was due for an increase in my subscriber limit, instead of jumping from 10,000 to 25,000, I connected with the employee I work with and she was able to work out a personalized deal. That was really helpful. Also, when GDPR went through, they were a great asset to have to just shoot questions (which I do quite often.)

Low email conversion was my main issue, but I've seen over 100% increase in my open rates and effectiveness.

ActiveCampaign review by Kris C.
Kris C.

"Active Campaign is the best CRM I have used "

What do you like best?

Active Campaign has all the components I needed in a CRM, without being overly complex and difficult to use, like some others I have previously used.

What do you dislike?

Some of the steps in creating an email drip campaign could be simplified, and it is a bit of a learning curve in remembering to use campaign for single emails and automations for drip campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found Active Campaign to be the best solution for our CRM needs. It was simple to learn, the support team has been awesome when I do have questions and the product does what we want it to do, for a fraction of what we were paying the previous CRM provider. A win all the way around for us.

The biggest by far benefit to Active Campaign is the ability to send a text message, either a one of reminder other to the group, or as part of the strategic drip marketing campaign.

ActiveCampaign review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Great value, brilliant service and wicked automation...what's not to love!"

What do you like best?

I love how it's so simple to use, and yet it's so powerful. I switched from AWeber, and prior to that was using Mailchimp. I moved provider primarily for the automation, but also because so many people were recommending AC to me. I can't say I've been disappointed, the dashboard is great, the reporting comprehensive, and I'm finding new features to use every day.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't come across anything I dislike. I think I had an issue where the stats went a bit haywire on one campaign but I've never had it since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, it's a great tool for your business.

I love the automation and segmentation, and I'm not even using it all to it's fullest potential yet. Ultimately, it's going to be about time and service. The new integration with Woo commerce looks great and will open up the doors to many more opportunities to target the most active customers.

ActiveCampaign review by Cheryl W.
Cheryl W.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I usually hire a freelancer to do marketing automation but when I need to access ActiveCampaign myself, I have found ActiveCampaign to be so easy to use. I have created forms to use on my website and automation...all without having to watch tutorials. This is such a plus for me because I'm very busy.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I have noticed that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I did a lot of research before deciding on ActiveCampaign. They were ranked as one of the best across the board. I am very happy with my decision. I have found it to be very easy to use. Without having to study tutorials, I was able to set up automation and create forms, etc. I love it!!!

Sales funnel to get new clients. It integrates with ClickFunnels and other apps that I use.

ActiveCampaign review by Katrina S.
Katrina S.

"Look no further!"

What do you like best?

The opportunities that ActiveCampaign provides are endless. Not only is it hands down the best application around for marketing and workflow automation, ActiveCampaign allows you to simplify your processes and efforts while providing your customers with intuitive & personalized customer service.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing that stands out. The ActiveCampaign team is highly focused on constantly improving and growing their services and their support & customer service teams are top notch. They are always quick to assist and the development team truly takes customer feedback & suggestions to heart. In the time I've been using AC, I've seen many improvements and service upgrades made based upon user feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to set-up your account with strong organization (use of labels, naming standards, templates, tagging, etc.).

The ability to up level your customer service while also simplifying your processes and efforts is truly a game changer. I strongly believe in the power of customer service and prior to learning about ActiveCampaign, I was nervous that marketing automation would take away from customer service...not with AC!

ActiveCampaign review by Ralitsa M.
Ralitsa M.

"Everything you need from an email marketing software"

What do you like best?

The automation features are fantastic — it's so easy to personalize your automations. You can plan out an entire email funnel based on the actions your subscribers take or where they are around the world. The support is also amazing and you know there's always someone able to help you with any issues you may have. Switching from another email marketing service was also a breeze with all the resources, walkthroughs and helpful tips you get from the Active Campaign community and the knowledge database.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found out anything I can say I'm unhappy with so far. I have to be honest though: what initially got me delayed into switching was the thought that it would take me a considerable amount of time to learn my way around the software and feel like I know what I'm doing. But this fear proved out to be entirely wrong and making the transition was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I couldn't recommend it enough! I'm very happy I switched to Active Campaign and I wish I had done that a lot sooner. My only piece of advice: Don't be intimidated by it or think it's hard to learn. There's always a tool tip on your screen to help you out and explain what everything does, as well as a very friendly and responsive support team to help you out if you need any help during your transition or initial "learning" stage.

I can plan out my entire email marketing strategy, set up my funnels, and plan my email campaigns so they go out at the right time every time. I can also make sure that my subscribers get only what they're interested in with powerful segmenting features, so I can avoid sending out emails to those who either have no interest in an offer or have already signed up for a particular one. And this is only scratching the surface, as there is so much more AC can do.

ActiveCampaign review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"By far the best marketing automation for the price"

What do you like best?

Can't believe how comprehensive the Automation is in AC. I've come from Aweber where I wasn't able to do anything like the complexity of workflows available in AC. The switch has totally opened my eyes to the potential for email marketing in my business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I've found so far. I've only just started developing my business on this platform, so time will tell if anything pops up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! I put off changing from Aweber for a year because of the pain involved. In fact, I'm still changing over and it's already been a couple of months. However, I know that the benefits will pay off big time and I will no longer get those emails back saying: "why are you sending me these sales emails when I'm already a customer", etc.

The ability to segment my audience is crucial to my sales funnels. I'm now able to actively tag and monitor people as they use my site which is going to be very helpful for promotion.

ActiveCampaign review by Devon V.
Devon V.

"Visualize Email Funnels"

What do you like best?

The marketing automation component can't be beaten for the cost. The way you visually build your email flows is very handy, along with multiple trigger options.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clunky at points, like anything. Sometimes find myself clicking multiple times to get where I need to go, or losing track and needing to start over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many ESPs that work well and integrate with multiple solutions. ActiveCampaign has, in my opinion, one of the better marketing automation components at this price point. Plus integrations with whatever else you need, either alone or via Zapier (Hubspot, Calendly, Instapage, etc.)

Was struggling to find an easy-to-implement marketing automation system for ourselves and our clients, at a price point where it won't break the bank.

ActiveCampaign review by Administrator

"ActiveCampaign is one of the best email marketing platforms on the market"

What do you like best?

I like the way that automations are mapped out visually. It is easy to determine where you want users to end up within your marketing funnels using this feature. I am also very impressed with the integration options and the ease of use. The drag and drop builder has great customization options so you can easily create beautiful and high converting email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Editing your content within an automation can be a bit tedious as ActiveCampaign requires you to redirect to a new window to edit. It would be nice if they had the option to edit the content in a pop-up window so you don't have to constantly move back and forth between web pages. It makes it time consuming to perform tasks like a content audit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend. I have not had any complaints working with ActiveCampaign. Their platform, level of support, ease of use, and price point are all exceptional.

I am able to pull people into my email marketing campaigns. ActiveCampaign and create marketing funnels that convert. One of the biggest benefits I've realized it not only the price point but the ability to easily integrate with third party platforms.

ActiveCampaign review by Rich C.
Rich C.

"Easy To Use User Interface "

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive to use. It is really easy to learn compared to other marketing automation programs specific to email marketing campaigns. You don't need much training to begin using the software effectively. It is easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

There are many ways to show data and the CRM here could use a bit of an update when it comes to they way one can .The layout of the CRM is a bit needy when it comes to needing to scroll quite a bit to find some information but again it shouldn't be a problem for the majority of people..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onboarding and Campaign Dev are a snap, I recommend for beginners and advanced users alike.

Email marketing campaigns are incredibly easy to set up with a visual builder. The functionality is a breeze. The benefits are saving time. This is an organizational tool but also a time saving tool.

ActiveCampaign review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Quite simply, the best marketing automation tool"

What do you like best?

As a marketing agency, when it comes to automation platforms, we've seen them all. We have to be flexible to client technology and preferences, but Active Campaign is the tool of choice for our own business and the one we recommend.

The design is incredibly intuitive and easy to understand, yet the system offers a level of granularity that will please even the geekiest of marketers.

Powerful automations, easy to work with, great reporting. What can I say? Just awesome.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Whenever we've had a question, the technical team have gone above and beyond to help us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out. Anything you're not sure of, ask. The team at Active Campaign are brilliant.

Marketing automation based on user actions on the website. Engagement with email campaigns.

ActiveCampaign review by Audric M.
Audric M.

"Ease of use and simplicity in implimentation"

What do you like best?

I love how I can create a list, automation, and forms and easily integrate with my sales funnels.

What do you dislike?

Really don't have any dislikes at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is very quick to grasp. The dashboard is easy to understand. The help section contains just about everything you need to learn how to use the software on your own. For the more complicated things you may need, customer support is very responsive and helpful in getting you the answer to your question.

I am able to keep my leads in one place and create tailored email campaigns for all of my different lists with ease. Anything I do not understand, I can easily find how to do it with the help section saving me time in having to do a back and forth with support. Once set up, it just becomes a hands-off tool that I no longer have to worry about.

ActiveCampaign review by Matt E.
Matt E.

"Good tool for email newsletters and automated emails"

What do you like best?

I like the way the automated emails tie into a little more graphical interface for laying out automation flows. This makes it really easy to get everything right.

What do you dislike?

They offer a free migration, but it takes too many steps to setup and they don't offer the same things at any of the steps. We did eventually get things migrated, but I never did understand why it needed to be a process and not a single form.

Primarily as an automated email distribution tool. Occasionally we send a newsletter, but almost all of our use of the tool ties to its powerful automation features. I found it easy to integrate with WordPress.

ActiveCampaign review by Lucia .
Lucia .

"Easy and Reliable"

What do you like best?

With Active Campaign, you can manage your contact databases very easily, send out email campaigns and set up automations, all in one place. It took me a bit to learn how to work with it but their knowledge base resources cover everything and once you get familiar with the system, it's easy. I've contacted their support many times when I needed help or advice and they were awesome every time.

What do you dislike?

The system is quite pricey when you have a larger database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you try it. It is a great system.

We used to use GetResponse for email campaigns and automations but that system is way more complicated, in my opinion than Active Campaign. We can now set up more complicated automations based on various triggers and that's quite handy.

ActiveCampaign review by J.P. V.
J.P. V.

"An Awkward Middle Child for Email"

What do you like best?

It's a step up from MailChimp or other ESPs because it offers logic branching and trigger-based actions.

What do you dislike?

AC fits into an awkward space between Email Service Providers and true Marketing Automation. No landing pages, half-baked website tracking, a quasi-CRM...it's like if you kinda want Marketing Automation but not really?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really consider not just your current needs, but also your future needs. I think it's likely that if you need the features that AC offers over an ESP, within 6-12 months you're going to need the features that it doesn't offer from a marketing automation standpoint and have to do another migration to HubSpot or Infusionsoft or the like.

We send logic based email drips using Active Campaign.

ActiveCampaign review by Lynn G.
Lynn G.

"I like ActiveCampaign better than the other services I've tried!"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface and how simple everything is. I've used MailChimp, Pardot, Aweber and ConvertKit in the past and ActiveCampaign is my favorite by far.

What do you dislike?

I've only used the service for a ~2 months, so nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try it out to see if you like it. I compared several products (Aweber, ConvertKit, Mailchimp) and liked ActiveCampaign the best after reviewing of all these.

I'm growing a new mailing list from scratch. I like how easy it is to set up a nurture sequence and get up and running. They have helpful tutorials to get me up and running in a quick manner.

ActiveCampaign review by Jessica d.
Jessica d.

"Fast, Easy and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Their Automation option is really simple to use, there's so many customisation options overall and their dashboard is a really good way to keep up to date with your following. I also love the integration options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the gallery/photo options and the fact there isn't a grid to use for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using the automation feature, making email templates for specific emails as well as keeping an eye on your dashboard as it gives you a really good idea of what's happening within your following. Look at the integration options as well!

Keeping track of your contacts and their activity across different lists. Email Sequences, Sales pitches.

ActiveCampaign review by Sharmina A.
Sharmina A.

"Far better than InfusionSoft"

What do you like best?

I moved to Active Campaign after having a terrible time with InfusionSoft. I have found the interface much easier, the deliverability to be far better, and the customer service to be top-notch with Active Campaign.

What do you dislike?

There is one aspect of Active Campaign that requires improvement: their Chrome extension isn't great. You can't automatically track emails without adding the contact to the database, and you don't get notifications when the email is read - you have to monitor your sent email manually which is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're unsure, go for it. After our short 100 email trial ended, we signed up for 2,500 contacts to further test it for a couple of months, which we found to be very cost-effective, and a great way to get full support whilst deciding if AC was for us.

Automating our marketing is very important, and whilst we were able to do this with InfusionSoft we found I high percentage of bounces that were not correct, and IS said they were unable to resolve. After a thorough analysis of our bounces on AC we have found that the deliverability is near perfect - this is especially important as we are B2B and email several people at the same company.

ActiveCampaign review by Paul K.
Paul K.

"All the Automation without the Hype"

What do you like best?

I love how I can basically program AC to do exactly what I want it to do. I don't have to follow someonelse' system or plan.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see better CRM integration, meaning I'd love to have it integrate with my google account to be able to tell me when I've interacted with a client/prospect/etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drip, Active Campaign and ConvertKit should be the only three you're considering.

Active Campaign informs my prospects of what our systems are like and how they work. It also helps me keep in touch with current clients and keep them informed of what is going on within our system.

ActiveCampaign review by Kathrin H.
Kathrin H.

"Best Service I've Tried"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can create multiple forms per list, which helps me see exactly where my subscribers are coming from, what they like, and how I can better engage with them in the future based on their interests. Segmenting lists based on automatic tagging helps me so much with automations and email marketing, and I haven't been able to find a service like this that has all these things for such a reasonable price - especially for someone just starting out with a relatively small contact list.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that ActiveCampaign isn't as "popular" yet as services like Mailchimp (there are still other places I would love to automate new subscribers with ActiveCampaign but they only are integrated with Mailchimp). But I know that, if these guys keep doing what they're doing, they'll get there.

I mainly focused on growing my subscriber list in the beginning. Now, with email automations and list segmentation, I've been able to cut my contact imports, marketing campaign creation, and organization time in half.

ActiveCampaign review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Create Complex Automations for a low cost"

What do you like best?

The tagging and automations were what originally drew me to ActiveCampaign - so many other email marketing platforms were stuck in the old way of marketing (list-based, single point of entry for subscribers). I loved that I could get the functionality I needed to build my business, even when I was starting out and my list was small.

What do you dislike?

If I could update anything, it would be to add more customization options to the form builder as I had to hire someone to custom code some html and css to get the form to match my website - and even then it still sticks out a little bit.

Walking people through getting to know my business, or getting their eyes on my products/services with automations based on specified lengths of time or user action - frees up my time to do other things.

ActiveCampaign review by Jared O.
Jared O.

"ActiveCampaign continues to impress me, it's the best platform out there"

What do you like best?

I did a lot of research before choosing AC, and price for features it left everything else in the dust. Add on top really powerful automations that are continually growing in features, intuitive interface that's was super easy to get campaigns out there (and yet am continually discovering new and powerful ways to use the product) and a deep effective CRM and integrations.

I love the ease of integration with my shopping cart and membership site (previous DAP now iMember360) where I can get all my buyer info over into AC effortlessly, send them information about their purchase, rank them, tag them... I smile every time I set a new one up.

And quick, timely support, they really go out of their way to help.

What do you dislike?

The email designer has made massive leaps over the last year but could have a bit more of a polished UI - that said I'd not compromise it's speed for more eye candy (I was on mail chimp, loved their UI but it was slow). It's due for an upgrade soon apparently!

I'd love to have an easier way to see/edit all the automated emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, dive in, get it. Even if you're just doing basic email marketing it's comparable to other products out there, if you want a really powerful automation and CRM package then this is the one.

Communication with my clients, lead cultivation, membership site management, email list marketing

I've realised a far easier workflow from product set up to client management, incredible ease in sorting, following up and targeting clients. I find deeper levels to automate each time I dive into the deeper mechanics of my system.

The automations just get more powerful with industry leading capabilities.

ActiveCampaign review by Juanita V.
Juanita V.

"Best email automation "

What do you like best?

I really like how you can build automations and create tags for each person. It really helps to create sales and upgrade funnels. Also the lead score lets you create special offers for the people whoe really cares about your product/service.

A/B testing is great and it saves you a lot of time, and helps you understand better your audience.

What do you dislike?

They have few design options for optin forms, popups, etc, It would be great if they had more integrations built with popular software so you dont need to use Zappier or similar software that will cost you more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead your lists and its purpose, so you can tag them correctly and create special emails for each segment,

Sales, Marketing, Automations, funnels, it's a wonderfull tool we really recommend it to each of our clients. We used to have 3 different services, so it really helped reduce costs. And is really affordable, works fine for entrepreneurs, starups, solopreneurs, etc.

The best tool is the automation, because saves tons of time making follow-ups, offers, segmentation, great for courses and lead magnents.

ActiveCampaign review by Sarah PJ W.
Sarah PJ W.

"An excellent (and essential) part of business success"

What do you like best?

Active Campaign has everything you need to run a successful email campaign. I love how easy it is to set up your own templates for emails - and whether you want to send newsletters or automated email sequences - this software has everything you could possibly need.

In particular I find the automations essential to my business, as I run several websites and have different free opt-in ebooks. The automations give you the opportunity to track what you want your sales funnel to look like, how you want it to act and gives you an easy to see overview on where each prospect is in that funnel. If you ever get stuck for how to use automations, Active Campaign have you covered here too - as they give you loads of suggestions and step-by-steps guides to implement them, in their training section.

I believe that Active Campaign has been the best investment I could have made in my business. The price is insanely low for everything it does! I write blogs and email sequences for clients and totally recommend Active Campaign to them all!

What do you dislike?

With so much on offer, it can be a bit daunting when you first login to your dashboard. However, with a bit of patience and their excellent help and training, you can be up and running in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to understand the layout and to correctly set up your first optin/mailing list. Then, you can gradually look to implement everything else it has to offer.

Active Campaign has so many benefits for both my business and those of my clients. It solves the problem of building a relationship with your clients and website visitors, by enabling you to build a mailing list of interactive prospects, quickly and easily.

ActiveCampaign review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Amazingly easy-to-use and cost-effective MAS/CRM"

What do you like best?

The integration of a basic CRM with a very nice and easy-to use marketing automation system is what put ActiveCampaign over the top for me. Emails are incredibly easy to setup, automations are the easiest I've ever used (used Marketo and Eloqua before), and the platform's workflow is really intuitive. Also, the price point is amazing. For less than $50/month we have an MAS and CRM that takes care of all of our needs, including nurture programs, sales, automated outreach based on user behavior on our site, and more.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was the ability to upload proposals and contracts into the platform so we'd have those with each client and prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the automations, they are amazing. A lot of the features in it are only available in extremely expensive MAS's.

Able to run nurture campaigns, newsletter sign-up and distribution, demo sign-up, automated marketing to prospects at different levels in our customer journey, etc. Basically, we're able to keep great communications up with all of our prospects at a fraction of the cost of over marketing automation systems. We then keep track of all of these prospects in the built-in CRM component so our sales teams can not only keep track of where each prospect is in the funnel, but also see all of the prospect's email and website history - leading to more engaging conversations.

ActiveCampaign review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"The best email marketing tool bar none!"

What do you like best?

Over the past ten years I've used pretty much every email tool on the market. That includes heavyweights such as Mailchimp and Aweber, and I thought that they were as good as it got.

I then used Infusionsoft, paid the hefty startup fee and settled into paying their extremely high monthly premiums.

I really thought that it was necessary to pay such high fees to get the functionality I needed, but then someone recommended ActiveCampaign, and I was taken aback.

For $17 (the lite plan), I was getting more email routing functionality that Infusionsoft. I then persuaded my sales guy to move from his CRM system, so we upgraded. There's no going back!

You can tell that the team at ActiveCampaign are passionate about their product. The functionality is incredible, and available to everyone, regardless of budget.

We therefore recommend it to all our customers, one in particular has had incredible success.

I set up a campaign for people to sign up to download a free e-book. I connected the landing page (built myself, it's really easy to integrate), and set it free. In two months, they've got a 54% growth in their mailing list with only one unsubscribe. This is because the routing I was able to set up (easily), allowed me to track the customers all the way through the process, reacting to the links they clicked on, reminding them if they hadn't downloaded the e-book, and sending different messages if we suspect the emails are ending up in their "promo" folder.

The functionality and flexibility really is that good.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to pick faults, but if I were pushed, I'd say the layout and colour scheme is a little bit dated. When compared to Mailchimp, it can look a little "flat", but it really doesn't affect the functionality which is the most important aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many systems out there for sending emails, but very few that are able to match the functionality that ActiveCampaign provides, and certainly none that do it at this price level.

In our business it's all about funnels and turning prospects into customers. ActiveCampaign makes it easy by allowing us to trace the customer's path from start to finish. We can find out where our best customers come from and pile more marketing into that area.

ActiveCampaign review by Dimitris R.
Dimitris R.

"A full featured email marketing and CRM solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to create easily automations for any type of scenario.

What do you dislike?

The lack of support for content hosting. All assets/photos that are used on newsletters are not hosted on Active Campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By using Active Campaign you can cover any type of email marketing campaigns and strategies as well as handle your CRM needs.

Active Campaign can be used for simple email marketing but it can also be used to handle complex scenarios for marketing automation that include email and website behaviour as well as information from external systems that are integrated to Active Campaign through external systems.

This makes Active Campaign a full-featured system that can handle even the most complex processes.

ActiveCampaign review by Donna B.
Donna B.

"A huge time, effort and MONEY saver!"

What do you like best?

The ability to consolidate the multitude of lists necessary with my previous autoresponder platform, down to ONE master list with multiple tags, has been a game changer for my business. No more wasted time and effort creating a new list for every product/lead magnet. Active Campaign has simplified and streamlined my customer interaction process. Once I let go of my old ways of thinking about autoresponders, I could see and utilize the incredible potential of this platform.

What do you dislike?

There was a little bit of a learning curve when I switched from a "typical" autoresponder platform to Active Campaign. A video tutorial explaining the terms used uniquely by AC, and a tutorial on the simplest ways to get started would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let go of your old autoresponder habits and ways of thinking about setting up and managing your lists. Active Campaign is powerful, yet intuitive and very easy to use when you get your head around this new way of thinking!

Benefits: streamlined my list building efforts, thus saving me time, effort and ultimately MONEY!