(783 reviews)

An all-in-one marketing platform. Grow your business with email, automation, and sales tools. Save time & money using their enterprise level functionality that has been designed for ease of use.

Work for ActiveCampaign?

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Ask ActiveCampaign a Question
Showing 783 ActiveCampaign reviews
ActiveCampaign review by Catherine A.
Catherine A.

"Convenient combination of CRM, Email software & Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

It's convenient being able to directly send eblasts from our CRM. Reporting is decent, and all email responses, clicks and website tracking is linked to the contacts. It's also easy to resend a campaign with a few tweaks to the text or follow up language.

What do you dislike?

Active Campaign is not ideal for B2B use -- for example, when I select an Organization (Company) for a contact that has previously been entered, I have to retype all of the company address information even though it exists for other colleagues from the same company. I would think it's better suited for consumer marketing outreach. I also wish the template creator was more robust -- it's easier to create a template in the campaign editor than in the "Create Template" editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent one-stop shop for CRM + Email software.

Saves time with following up with clients. Automatic tracking of hard bounces helps us clean up our database without manually deleting obsolete email addresses. Able to link to our API/Extranet to capture new email addresses and newsletter sign ups. Able to tag with multiple tags for targeted emails.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign review by Richard K.
Richard K.

"Couldn't be more satisfied with Active Campaign"

What do you like best?

The combination of functionality and user friendliness provided by Active Campaign is far superior to the 9 or 10 ostensibly similar programs that we considered/evaluated/tested before we finally found and started using Active Campaign several years ago.

The user interface is straight-forward and intuitive, and also very aesthetically pleasing.

The analytical reports provided on the dashboard are extremely useful, and provide a clear view of exactly what works and what doesn't. As a result, our email campaigns have become much more effective and productive over time.

Active Campaign is extremely economical to use. The cost is very, very modest when compared to the value it offers, and to the results it has produced. As a tool for contact management and lead generation, it has proven to be extremely efficient and productive.

For these reasons, we couldn't be more satisfied with Active Campaign.

What do you dislike?

Nothing significant. We haven't had any complaints or criticisms of Active Campaign.

Because we're a small business, efficient time management is extremely important to us. Active Campaign is extremely useful in helping us to maximize the productive use of our time.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

ActiveCampaign review by Krystal N.
Krystal N.

"Simpsonville"

What do you like best?

I love how much you can do inside the automations(for example, as soon as someone fills out a form they get added to an email series which you can setup to identify what day of the week it is and what appointment times should be offered -have a canned email that delivers at the appropriate time linking so you can communicate with prospects and schedule them without ever typing a key).

I love that the when clients fill out forms their answers auto populate within the CRM feature of Active Campaign.

With the scoring feature you can be notified of every new opt-in or only the ones who are engaged with your content and great leads.

What do you dislike?

TEXTING:

Where texting falls short is that there is currently no way to be notified directly when someone replies to one of your automated texts without specifically looking through all your dashboard notification or the "activity" section on each client "deal"(contact).... so if you don't have the time to babysit it, people can be replying to your automated texts and you don't see it so you leave them hanging with no reply from you.

You can not send individual texts. You can ONLY send texts through an automation series. This also means if someone replies to your text, you cannot text them back. You have to reach out to them from a different texting service or different method of communication all together(ex: email).

EMAIL:

You can send individual emails directly from AC. BUT, you can not modify the "sender" email address. So, if your business has multiple email addresses(we do for multiple locations) you cannot adjust the email address to be suitable to all clients. For this reason we do not utilize this otherwise great feature.

MIGRATION from old email marketing platform

This was a free service with AC but the experience was AWFUL. Having two locations(and two lists/email campaigns) they confused a ton of info with our lists and the order of the emails inside each series as well as some of the email signatures being for the incorrect location. We may have spent as much time fixing the errors than it would have taken to migrate the info ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Infusionsoft and Ontraport have far more features and intuitiveness but have a much bigger learning curve. But Active Campaign is a great solution and much easier to get set up and using right away. Additionally Active Campaign costs a fraction of the other two leading competitors.

Immediate contact with new leads.

Customized email series based on criteria like (what day/time did person contact us, what other tags do they have, etc).

Prospect scoring

ActiveCampaign review by Frances W.
Frances W.

"One stop shop for marketing and CRM"

What do you like best?

Mt favorite thing about ActiveCampaign is that all contact actions are stored on one place. If I want to see any type of information about a contact, such as if they received a mass email that was sent, if they opened it and if they clicked any links, all I have to do is visit their contact profile. Everything is tracked and timestamped so I can know exactly what happened and when. It is so easy to bulk edit contacts to lists and campaigns and tags. Finding info and tracking contact about a specific contact has never been easy.

What do you dislike?

ACtiveCampaign has a few bugs and glitches that occasionally rear their heads. One is that when I want to copy an automation, I am forced to wait several minutes before I can edit that automation because I receive a mission abort message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ActiveCampaign is perfect for the small business that is at the point of critical mass, where they can't keep up with their clients and potential clients using traditional methods and they need a system with the brainpower and versatility to meet you and your business where you are at.

ActiveCampaign is solving our business problem of keeping track of contact with our leads. We know what they have been sent and what they haven't been sent. We know what they've opened and clicked. We know who in our organization has contacted them and can see the exchange. It is so easy to keep track of clients and their story with us with ActiveCampaign.

ActiveCampaign review by Victor M. F.
Victor M. F.

"ActiveCampaign is our Goto Marketing Automation App"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and wide array of features. Can integrate with a variety of platforms when used with Zapier. We use it with Formidable Pro forms and our chat client. Can be customized with fields and tags. Tags can be applied automatically and used to trigger automations. Awesome array of automation steps that allow for GEO detection to support GDPR compliance and time and location-based email sending to avoid weekends and specific days.

What do you dislike?

There's isn't much not to like. Cost can be a little dear for start-ups that are stretched for revenue. It would be nice if ActiveCampaign offered a time-based free plan for startups instead of basing the fees on the number of contacts, maybe a 1-3 year program similar to Microsoft Bizspark. Company can be a little aggressive when promoting upgrades, but not as too bad as many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider ActiveCampaign as your tool for marketing automation funnels, especially if you're a startup. While it is easy to set up your first automations, it may go quicker for you to hire a consultant. (Like us). Don't be afraid to call us for details.

Marketing automation funnels after users sign-up for free products/services or have been sent a proposal. Mailing list management. Newsletters and broadcast communications. GDPR email compliance automation. Notifications to the mother ship when specific automation steps have been executed. For our clients interested in marketing automation, ActiveCampaign is our first recommendation based on our client's budget. It also allows us to sell our services for the setup and management of our client's campaigns.

ActiveCampaign review by Allison H.
Allison H.

"ActiveCampaign is a great system for newbies"

What do you like best?

I'm relatively new to using a CRM to launch email broadcasts/campaigns, and had been using Infusionsoft until a few weeks ago when I started using ActiveCampaign. I love how easy it is to create and drag/drop visual elements and buttons. You can send out professional-looking emails easily without any web design / graphic design skill. I love the templates they provide and that you can save email drafts if you're not ready to send yet.

What do you dislike?

When you're making an email, there's a "revision history" button but I wish there was a simple undo button in addition. Also, I understand this is pretty heavy-weight software in a sense, but it's painfully slow sometimes in my browser (Chrome). Click a button and then wait 5 seconds.

Well, I'm just a ghostwriter and "social media services provider" / digital marketer who just recently started using Active Campaign for our clients, after being directed to. So far the only standout benefits over Infusionsoft is that I feel it's easier to make something visually stunning and professional looking in Active Campaign. Infusionsoft's UI may be a little more intuitive and quick to navigate.

ActiveCampaign review by Jared R.
Jared R.

"ActiveCampaign is a Leader in Email Automation (For Good Reason)"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign is intuitive, easy to use and I appreciate how their user experience is simple and straightforward. A lot of thought has gone into their software and it shows.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more accessible price points similar to Mailchimp. Countless friends are dipping their toes into entrepreneurship and starting online blogs, in an effort to bootstrap and keep things lean they are avoiding subscriptions at all costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's worth a try. The workflow for editing your email sequences is easy to follow and you can easily view user activity by their usernames.

If you're looking for something a little more involved, Ontraport is highly reviewed although I find the interface a little less intuitive.

ActiveCampaign allows me to structure intelligent marketing campaigns with ease within their interface. Segmentation provides a clean method to sort between buyers, leads, and cold users which all need to be treated differently depending on where they are at in their customer journey.

It's difficult to find great email automation providers as transferring platforms brings with it a learning curve. This said, some providers offer more than others, beyond automation there is also the question of deliverability.

Whenever I have needed to create a campaign for a client, I've always been met with an easy to use interface with intuitive workflows. I also enjoy the fact that they offer an affiliate program which provides an extra source of income as a consultant providing marketing services.

ActiveCampaign review by Keilah J.
Keilah J.

"Really made our marketing process simple"

What do you like best?

We enjoyed how ActiveCampaign allowed us to have deep tracking and campaign creation for each of our separate projects and assignments so robustly. It was so easy and made our creative campaigns original.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the setup of the website is a little hard or confusing to configure on the user side. I felt that there could be more of a guide to help with the on-boarding process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely see if this is the right choice for you to need to stay on top of certain marketing campaigns and are in need of finding the right message and activations for your audience to be the most effective for your brand and business.

Maintaining and developing relationships with our audience was a challenge. AC was a definite benefit for us as we were able to plan out each campaign more efficiently and see how they were performing.

ActiveCampaign review by Florian S.
Florian S.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Le système d'automation est vraiment agréable à utiliser ! Le système de branche et de conditions permet de faire des séquences de mails intelligentes, très facilement et sans rafistolage !

La délivrabilité est excellente ! Il n'y a rien besoin de faire, tout ça est optimisé automatiquement !

Il y a des outils pour nettoyer sa base de contact pour garder une liste email saine !

Le système de tags est vraiment utile pour segmenter les contacts. Cela évite d'avoir plein de listes et de se perdre dans la segmentation.

Les tutos sont extrêmement bien fait. Il y a des guides complets qui rendent l'apprentissage très agréable. Certes, ce n'est pas en français, mais c'est largement compréhensible avec un niveau d'anglais correct.

Franchement j'adore !

What do you dislike?

Rien ! A part que le support est uniquement en anglais. Mais il est quand même possible de choisir la langue française directement dans le logiciel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Il n'y a pas de doutes à avoir ! A mon sens, ActiveCampaign est le meilleur service de mailing !

D'habitude, avec les autres services de mailing, c'est très compliqué de faire des séquences claires. Pareil pour la segmentation...

Pareil pour la délivrabilité, sur mailchimp c'est vraiment pas top...

Avec ActiveCampaign, tout devient simple ET performant. J'arrive à des taux d'ouverture de plus de 60%, c'est tout juste énorme !

En plus avec le systèem de tag, j'envoie des messages seulement aux personnes intéressés, ce qui me permet de garder une base de prospect saine.

ActiveCampaign review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Love ActiveCampaign!"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign is very intuitive to use. When I have used other automation software...it just was confusing. ActiveCampaign has made it understandable and even fun to use. I also love how they are always implementing and making the platform better. Bringing new requested features to the platform. I feel like it's alive and thriving as a company which is comforting as a business owner.

What do you dislike?

Even though their support is great, there are times that it would be so helpful just to get someone on the phone. That's probably my main dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highlight recommend it. I was considering using Infusionsoft and when I did a direct comparison, I could do everything I wanted to do with ActiveCampaign and for cheaper!

I am using ActiveCampaign to run all of my email marketing and power my membership website. I love all the integrations they offer. It makes me feel like I'm not bottled in.

ActiveCampaign review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Fantastic budget email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

It includes all the features you need to quickly start sending emails. The automations are decently advanced and you're able to create most of the logic needed for a successful foundation. The price is affordable.

What do you dislike?

The dedicated IPs are a bit too expensive - you need to be spending at least $1.500 at the time of writing this review, to be able to have your own IP and build your own reputation. Their shared IPs are OK, but they do show up on some blacklists. The analytic side of things is not too advanced so I still keep to Google Analytics for most of my data. Their deliverability department also doesn't provide any useful help when an issue pops up and we're left to ourselves to solve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price and feature wise this is a fantastic budget tool for Email Marketing.

AC's email automations help us convert new subscribers after they sign up. We use it extensively to send email blasts. The performance is decent and most everything you need to customize is possible. Even when sending campaigns to multiple different markets and in different languages.

ActiveCampaign review by Sara O.
Sara O.

"Great help for Small Businesses!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy and straightforward to use. It integrates easily with WordPress (through the native plugin) and other systems (through Zapier). The pricing is very fair, so that people starting out don't have to spend a lot of money for a small list.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that when I need to change something in the layout of my emails, I have to individually change every email within the different automations I have. And it's not a huge dislike, but it's the only thing I can think of about ActiveCampaign that bugged me a bit recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It integrate with a lot of different softwares. If you are on WordPress, the ActiveCampaign plugin makes it very, very east to integrate. The interface is very straightforward, and it's easy to create anything from Campaigns to Automations.

I have multiple lists (newsletter, clients, beta testing, etc), which is great to be able to easily manage from one same place. I use a lot of automations for different things (opt-ins, client leads, newsletter subscriptions, even an email course). I also recently replaced a premium forms software to using AC Forms instead, don't even have to create a Zapier integration for that.

ActiveCampaign review by Anthony V.
Anthony V.

"All-Around Good CRM & Marketing Automation Service for Start-Ups"

What do you like best?

I like that it has all of the necessary features that we were looking for without breaking the bank --- CRM, marketing automation, lead scoring, list building, e-mail creation. I also liked that it was able to synch with Zapier, making it easy for us to synch with other online services we use, such as KickoffLabs. With our landing pages on KickoffLabs, we run sweepstakes, and are easily able to automatically send over sweepstakes entrants into ActiveCampaign through Zapier, enter those folks in a marketing automation flow, and then automatically start sending them e-mails. The reporting is also pretty good.

What do you dislike?

I would say that for a marketing automation newbie, It might not be the most intuitive to set up, especially the list builder. But once you get the hang of it, it works fine. And, the HTML e-mail builder was a bit glitchy at times.

As a start-up, we wanted a combination CRM and marketing automation service that was cost-effective to use, had a wide range of features, and synched with other online services. As a result of using ActiveCampaign, we were able to develop a holistic marketing program for a very reasonable price in a short period of time.

ActiveCampaign review by JT P.
JT P.

"Fantastic Email Marketing Solution for Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

I love the potential for customization of my lists, automations, and tagging systems using ActiveCampaign. After the initial learning curve, the system does exactly what it says on the box and allows you to create complex automations and systems of lists and tags in order to customize your marketing to each niche you hit with your business.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I've come across in using it is the steep learning curve. Like many similar programs, the more features and customization available, the harder it can be for people without prior knowledge of email marketing and automation programs to break into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ActiveCampaign to people who need a solid email marketing solution that has a lot of functionality for customization at a fair price. It's not the most beginner-friendly program that I came across, but I've never been disappointed with it and have no plans to move to a different system.

I got ActiveCampaign because my previous mailing solution wasn't cutting it for the level of automations and customization I needed for my lists. I'm a fiction author of several genres and needed to be able to create lists and automations for individual books, genres, and other segments of my audience and have it work smoothly without my own micromanagement of the lists. ActiveCampaign has more than covered everything that I've needed it for!

ActiveCampaign review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing and automation platform that I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

I love how the automations are visual in nature, so you can actually see the logic to understand all of the possible outcomes. A lot of other platforms use more of a text-based approach and it is much hard to put automations together in the way that I would like to.

What do you dislike?

I don't have dislikes per se. Their forms are a little weak right now, but I am confident that they will roll out improvements there once they get around to it. They are really good about continuously updated and improving all areas of their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! With the 14-day trial, you can't go wrong. It also integrates with a lot of other platforms and with Zapier the possibilities seem endless.

I have automated many of my own funnels and now I am doing so for clients. My expertise in the software has allowed me to add another significant income stream to my business!

ActiveCampaign review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Automation Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. I moved from another platform which fundamentally has the same core functionality as Active Campaign, but we find AC so much easier to navigate, I have a clear understanding of what's happening with my campaigns and contacts from the dashboard. I love the visibility I have of my different contact segments, and the ease of creating different templates.

What do you dislike?

There's isn't anything that I'd say at this stage that I particularly dislike about Active Campaign.

Segmenting my contacts and being able to create meaningful, automated campaigns has been a game changer. I've been able to add customised fields about contacts which filter through to various contact forms on my website. This means more information is being gathered about my contacts. I also use Tags to further segment my lists. I have a few automations that are created specifically for each segment which means that the communications going out are far more relevant to those particular people. I love that I can keep in really good touch with contacts and provide them with really relevant information, without it being a great deal of effort on my part.

ActiveCampaign review by Kasey P.
Kasey P.

"Active Campaign makes email automation quick & easy"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Active Campaign is to use. It's a great option for beginners and is quite affordable. It is simple to set up automations and campaigns as well as integrating them with other programs and software.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot left to be desired with the form design options. I would love to be able to integrate the forms on my website but they just don't offer many customizable options to make the form cohesive with my website and design. I've also found that emails with any graphics often go into other folders.

What I do love is that I can set up campaigns and automations and very rarely have to go in and fix issues (every program has tech issues from time to time). It's helpful for me as a busy business owner because I don't want to have to babysit the systems I'm using to make sure they are working properly.

ActiveCampaign review by Sam R.
Sam R.

"The absolute best of the SaaS email automation platforms"

What do you like best?

I've used many MANY email marketing tools over the year, ActiveCampaign is by far the best of the consumer-friendly SaaS variety of products that have solutions for individuals as well as enterprise organizations (such as MailChimp etc.). The visual nature of the automation campaigns makes creating complex automations a breeze for anyone, a welcome respite from the often confusing and clunky nature of many tools on the market.

What do you dislike?

Overall I give this product 10 stars for functionality and price. If I had one thing I really would like to see improved by AC it would be the email editor. It's serviceable and works for my needs, but it could be updated and improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take FULL advantage of the trial period. Do everything you can to get your first subscribers and start seeing the tool actually work for you. Having some skin in the game and seeing some results during the trial period will help justify the cost and get you excited to go deeper.

I use ActiveCampaign for delivering behavioral/segmented automation campaigns to subscribers of my blog.

ActiveCampaign review by Kay P.
Kay P.

"Affordable, malleable, well featured and highly effective"

What do you like best?

So many things.... Site tracking is invaluable and very effective.

Great support and learning resources - I especially like the Facebook community group and Slack channels

Facebook audience dynamic integration is a huge plus for any small business wanting to run ads on Facebook and Instagram

Personalisation is of course flawless, and there's ample room to use your own custom fields to leverage the segmentation possibilities

It's a super versatile automation hub for your small business, which is exactly what it aims to be.

What do you dislike?

Some glitchy corners that you need to know about to avoid, and the odd new feature that doesn't behave the way it ought to - eg the ecommerce deep data integrations are not quite so well implemented as they should be, meaning the features are not as useable as they ought to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some expert help setting up - an small investment on consultancy at this point will save you time and a lot of money, and help you leverage the features of the platform that will work best for your business. You can do it solo, and there are a lot of great resources to help you, bu there's a lot to learn to get things set up well, and mistakes at this stage can be costly and time consuming to unravel at a later stage.

Memberships fluently integrated across multiple domains

Excellent lead generation and nurturing

Relationship building and marketing funnels are a breeze

ActiveCampaign review by Shannon M.
Shannon M.

"Fast & Easy Automation"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup, particularly when it comes to creating automations, is my favorite aspect of AC. I have years of experience using other marketing platforms that have a ton of features, and an equally heavy cost (a force in the cloud, if you catch what I'm throwing), but the difficulty in making those features work was always a headache. Not the case in AC, I drag and drop what I want into a flowchart and set my parameters from a drop down, then, "Hello, email campaigns based on website interactions, nice to meet you."

What do you dislike?

The one thing I miss from the big boy toys I used before is the ability to link different datasets so that I can create a profile around a customer beyond the basic contact information, without things getting untidy on the backend.

I use AC to keep in contact with my distributors as well as end users. It has been beneficial to see metrics such as who has opened a training campaign (and being able to auto-remind them) to ensure our reps always have the most up-to-date info to use in the field. The benefit, besides an average 29% rate of interaction, is knowledgeable sales staff who proactively respond and become engaged with our products and brand.

ActiveCampaign review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"This is by far my favorite email marketing platform!"

What do you like best?

I've used a lot of systems, and honestly, although nothing is perfect, this is the best in terms of email marketing, automations, AND ease of use. This is the main system I recommend to my clients now because it's affordable for smaller list sizes and it can grow with you in features you need, and it also integrates with some decent shopping cart/affiliate systems.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing significant that I dislike, other than more direct integrations not being available at the lower price points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter what system you've been using, you'll love it. If you're switching, I would be extremely surprised if you weren't happy with the decision. If you're asking someone to switch you over but you've only signed up for the free trial, you're going to be limited. If you have more than 100 contacts, they won't be able to transfer all of your contacts until you upgrade.

I used to use a much more expensive all-in-one shopping cart system with email marketing, but it didn't have any advanced marketing features, just the basic email marketing. I decided to switch to AC and another shopping cart/affiliate system (which integrate perfectly). I not only saved a ton of money, but now I have all of the marketing and automation features I could ever want!

I also do VA/OBM work for clients, so I've used (and continue to use) most of the common email marketing systems and Infusionsoft. ActiveCampaign is by far my favorite, and I recommend it to all of my clients. It's 10 steps above the standard email marketing systems and so much easier to use than Infusionsoft. So far, I haven't had any clients regret their decision to switch to AC.

ActiveCampaign review by Gary  G.
Gary G.

"Hands Down The Worst Customer Service Model "

What do you like best?

The product seems to work as well as the various integration.

What do you dislike?

The compliance team is a disaster. It is email only customer service. You are not permitted to speak to a human.. Ever! We ran into a problem when we ran our first test campaign. These were all known contacts from our database. Compliance suspended our account on day 1 and we have spent months trying to communicate via email with their compliance team. They are great at billing us each month, but that's about it. We are now forced to cancel our service since there is no pathway forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company does not have a human customer service model. No chat, only email. Unless your contacts also an opt in trail you cannot use your own DB of leads. You will need to prove to Compliance how you created the lead list. You will not get any help from Active Campaign to help you become compliant. You will chase your tail round and round trying to figure it out, and begging for someone to help. No one will listen

Simple email automation from our known database contacts built over years. There have been zero benefits to working with Active Campaign. You cannot get anyone on the phone after the sale is made.

ActiveCampaign review by Valerie P.
Valerie P.

"Active Campaign has made email marketing so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I like the use of tags and behavioral marketing. I left MailChimp because it did not function well as a behavioral marketing platform. I love that I can operate almost all my marketing campaigns using one master list and tags. There are so many tools and I have only used a few so far. My plans are to capitialize on all the tools available to help better market and control my business. My VA is in love with Active Campaign, she said it has saved her so much time.

What do you dislike?

There should be more global settings so you don't have to re-invent the wheel. For example, a global setting to set your social media buttons so you don't have to enter the links every time you want to include the button in an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Active Campaign a try. It's easy to use and it will save you time.

I am able to run multiple lead generation campaigns without having to create separate lists for each campaign. This saves time and helps me to better identify my audience's behavior patterns.

ActiveCampaign review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Fine for entry level - Lacks Features to be taken seriously"

What do you like best?

The email designer is very simple to use and it was easy to get up and running quickly. Our team had no difficulty getting used to the builder, and have found that most of the time it's much better than others we've used in the past.

The support team is available quickly, we've had to interact with them a few times and there was never a major lag between ticket submission and a response.

What do you dislike?

The feature-set is a bit low compared to the competition, though they make it appear as if they match up. For example, yes you can use a custom domain for your dashboard, links, etc, but they have no way to set up SSL/HTTPS, which almost every single major competitor has in place.

The subscription management is also poorly implemented, with no easy way to manage global unsubscribes. There are ways around it, but it's not evident immediately. The customization of contacts is also minimal, yes you can create tons of custom fields, but you can't set up their layout in any meaningful way.

The Recent Activities tab is nice to have, but there's no way to filter to just see when someone subscribes to a list if you're connecting your forms via API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fine as a starting point, but until they implement some basic-level features such as SSL for custom domains, it's hard to take it seriously for larger operations. Look closely at competitors and make sure ActiveCampaign fits what you're looking for now and as you scale.

We use ActiveCampaign for our marketing automation needs, including nurture campaigns, newsletters, and one-off mass emails. We also use it to manage our RSS-based sends for blog updates. The deliverability is good compared to many competitors, and it was easy to implement.

ActiveCampaign review by Karen E.
Karen E.

"Loving Active Campaign"

What do you like best?

It's so much easier to use than MailChimp. Building automations is straightforward, it's easy to build segments and there's a lot of flexibility around adding tags and creating custom fields.

Customer support is very good. I had a query over an automation and one of the team created a personalised video for me on how to solve it.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit tricky to navigate and it's not always obvious how to do things. I do struggle a bit with the automations at times and knowing if they are right or not. And seems to be missing a starting trigger which is 'send email' which can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it - in fact I recommend it to everyone! A system that is intuitive is a big check for me. It's not entirely that - you do need help working out how some things work. I'm still working on the automation side of things and every now and again, I need help with forms and then knitting it all together. But overall, it has a load of functionality that is really powerful and once I've mastered more of it, will be brilliant. But it has made my newsletter creation and issue a joy (compared with previous software) and I love the automations.

It's enabled me to create forms easily that I have embedded into my website, or can send out for lead magnets. Also, the automations mean that once something is set in motion, I can let the actions run e.g. I use them to help a client run a networking meeting so the initial email goes out, with a sign up form and then follow-up emails go out to those who have signed up or said they can't come and then reminder emails to those who haven't responded. And produces a list of those coming. All hands-free!

ActiveCampaign review by Donna C.
Donna C.

"So much easier to use than Infusionsoft"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to customize the application to accommodate your business needs without hiring an engineer and layering on costly add-ons. It is an affordable solution that easily scales with you as your business grows and your needs change.

What do you dislike?

Moving and navigating the design interface in the is a bit clunky. Direct integration with calendly so I am able to add people to a list or tag them once they sign up for my calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and customize the automation features to create unique customer experiences for each campaign. Tracking and reporting are also easy to use. And you can add on functionality through direct integrations and Zapier without breaking the bank.

I moved from Infusionsoft and can do just about everything for much less money and much less aggravation. Active Campaign is easy to use and you can add on the apps you need easily and affordably. With the money I am saving on the monthly fees, I bought a new car!

ActiveCampaign review by Konstantin K.
Konstantin K.

"Why Active Campaign is the best software for beginners"

What do you like best?

The software is very well adapted to the real life needs of marketing. If you are a beginner iin marketing and automation as a general you can learn a about these complex consented by learning how to use active campaign.

The support staff at active campaign is THE BEST. I get email responses within 24h with an exact solution.

The webinars and guides, videos and podcasts which active campaign posts are fenomenal !! They have allowed me to move forwards with my business and to learn more about “what is marketing and how can marketing automation give a boost to a small business”.

One of my favorite parts about Active Campaign are the podcast with Chris Davis. They are very entertaining to listen to and they are also very educational. I have not been able to find a better and more enjoyable way to learn about metering automation and marketing in general.

Th software as a whole is easy an intuitive to use. Thanks to the fact that is it very visual a lot of the automation and pipelines can be set up in minutes (if you know what you want to achieve)

What do you dislike?

The only con I can think of is that when you are building a rule for segmentation or any other reason the interface seems a little plain. There isn’t much color and overall the user experience could be more fun. That said this is not a reason to back out of choosing active campaign.

Active campaign has allowed me to equip my business with a automation tool which helps standardize processes in the company, this allows me to close and converts leads faster.

ActiveCampaign review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Awesome value email marketing solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Value for money. Ongoing education.

What do you dislike?

Development of new/requested features is a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Active Campaign appears to be under the radar compared with some other EMS solutions. I can't believe they aren't the first choice for more people, given the feature set and price match makes them incredible value.

It's very easy to create segmented lists and automations to solve common marketing issues. I use Active Campaign for my blog (https://productivephysician.com/) and have found it easy to learn and create specific email automations relevant to my purposes.

There is an active user community and the ongoing education from Chris Davis and his time is quite amazing. I listen to their podcast every week as well as using their online resources.

Importing automations and campaigns is really easy and allows users to share their high-performing work with others.

ActiveCampaign review by Jo C.
Jo C.

"Active campaign has made a real difference to my business"

What do you like best?

The automation functionality. Having left Mailchimp because of a lack of sophisticated and intuitive automation capability, I have got all that and more from active campaign. I also feel the pricing is very fair.

What do you dislike?

Very little! Any tech issues or queries I have had have been quickly and efficiently sorted out by their customer service team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are outgrowing the entry level providers like mailchimp but not ready for the expensive and super-powerful options like infusionsoft, active campaign is the perfect solution. Plus, if you like to think things through visually, the way the automations are mapped out is very intuitive. If you're a little intimidated by the tech, the customer service team offer amazing support and are very happy to explain things so you can get the best out of the software.

In terms of benefits, the powerful segmentation capacity in active campaign has allowed me to target customers very specifically, based on their interests and actions. This means I'm sending people information they actually want and need, and my open and click through rate has increased accordingly.

ActiveCampaign review by Doug P.
Doug P.

"Active Campaign - so many surprises under the hood"

What do you like best?

I wouldn't say I'm lazy, but Active Campaign makes life so easy for me. First there's the automations. You can make them as simple or as complicated as you want. Personally I tend towards the simple and then duplicate as necessary. Plus once you set up the automation you can just forget about it. My latest favourite surprise is to be able add contacts to Facebook custom audiences.

Also being able to send out one email with conditional parts in it so that different contacts on the list receive different messages. As a great believer in segmenting lists Active Campaign has so many techniques that allow the messaging to become more and more personal.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike really. OK so it's not the easiest system to use but it pays great dividends for time invested in learning and experimenting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate but be prepared to take some time to learn the system. It's a Ferrari in a world of Fords. Great value for money and first class support.

Email marketing becomes so much more effective. The days of sending a broadcast email to thousands on a list is definitely past. Segmenting lists via AC becomes easier and easier. For example if you have a marriage guidance site, the advice you give will probably differ between those married for 5 years, 15 years and over 30 years. Active Campaign tagging and segmenting does this automatically.

ActiveCampaign review by Cindy B.
Cindy B.

"My go-to, most-recommended email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign offers powerful automation features more commonly found only in high-ticket systems. I love being able to automate email sequences to always provide my audience with exactly the info they need, to move them from one automation to another seamlessly, and (my very favorite) to continually remove disengaged subscribers without having to think about it.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more powerful reporting features. For example, I'm not able to see the number of spam complaints I receive. I feel that's an important number, and I need to know it before it reaches the point that ActiveCampaign is letting me know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ActiveCampaign is truly the BEST value for your email marketing dollar right now. It has all the marketing power of costly systems like Infusionsoft and Ontraport, without the high price point.

ActiveCampaign lets me fully automate my marketing funnels. I don't have to worry that people get email that's not relevant to them, ever.

ActiveCampaign review by Carmen R.
Carmen R.

"LOVE ActiveCampaign!"

What do you like best?

I've been using ActiveCampaign for about 2 years now and I love building automations! The automation capabilities are off the charts. I also love the analytics it provides. I haven't tapped into all of the AC capabilities yet, and one that I wanted to learn more about was the CRM capabilities, so I scheduled a training with them and one of their reps walked through the whole thing with me, followed up with links to resources, etc. They are just top-notch in the customer service side of things. I can't recommend ActiveCampaign highly enough.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike. It integrates with WooCommerce, Facebook, Gmail, etc. It is a fabulous tool that makes my life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like to build user-flow use ActiveCampaign. It allows you to create the step-by-step process you want your prospects and customers to take and it provides reporting on all of it.

Lead generation and email marketing are what I use ActiveCampaign for the most. It's so robust that I don't think I'll ever outgrow it. The benefits are that I have one solution to track all of my prospect and customer data. It's incredibly powerful.

ActiveCampaign review by Tim G.
Tim G.

"Excellent set of tools for a startup"

What do you like best?

The ability to create visual funnels was the reason we chose it in the first place. It's easy to segment and tag people, and the email editor is absolutely easy to use. We can create better-looking emails with it than we could in MailChimp.

What do you dislike?

The price for the full CRM is a bit high, and they rarely offer sales for getting it at a lower cost. I'm not fond of the way adding images into a text area works - it lacks options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If a majority of your users are unlikely to become active customers of your main product, be sure to use segments to try to sell other services.

We use it to collect subscription information for both interested and active clients. It has worked well at doing that.

ActiveCampaign review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Easy to Use, Killer Automation Options & API Integrations with Excelent Support & Training"

What do you like best?

It was easy to learn, intuitive and has excellent training resources and access to live help to fast track the building/creation of the automation(s) you want.

At the 2nd service level and above, you get 30min a month of live 1-on-1 sessions which helped me fast track the implementation of valuable automations.

You can start off with very simple automation for both external marketing. Then add more sophisticated functionality.

Next you can use their API integrations with other tools you use directly or via Zapier to tie your marketing/productivity stack together :)

I am also using ActiveCampaign to create workflows which systematize, monitor and run internal company processes and fulfillment.

I love the fact AC has been rolling our new practical and valuable capabilities and enhancements very regularly which adds even more value and adds new automation possibilities.

You can also easily import time saving and well thought out automations/workflows into your account which are available for free - at the push of a button.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using AC before their large funding, their support availability was frustrating slow but for months now, getting support is quick and efficient.

Other than that, I've seen things steadily improve over time both from a support side and technology/capability side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried a number of different automation platforms. None are perfect or have everything you may want or need.

That said, ActiveCampaign is flexible, robust, and is constantly improving features and adding functionality.

AC can handle from simple email marketing to complex multi-step, API integration workflows with ease so you can make it do what you need.

The more you use it, the more value you get for the already very fair price you pay.

Before ActiveCampaign things "slipped through the cracks" with both client account management and prospects. Now we have dependable and predictable systems to prevent that from happening.

Effectively managing our online calendar and associated tasks from meeting types is now silky smooth and efficient. We save time, money and are delivering a more professional user experience.

Simple but critical tasks like sending renewal reminders which used to take an Admin hours a month is now fully automated so they can work on higher value tasks and projects.

ActiveCampaign review by Meg W.
Meg W.

"Powerful software at a very fair price"

What do you like best?

I love the automations (now I understand how they work!) - this allows me to segment my audience and provide a more personalised service... and I know I've just scratched the surface. For someone with a tiny list, I appreciate that the starting fees are reasonable, which makes it manageable while I find my feet. There is so much more potential in this platform, it feels good to know I won't need to move my list later because AC has enough functionality to manage far more complex situations as the business grows.

What do you dislike?

There's quite a steep learning curve and there also appear to be some small hiccups when offering the same opt in form for existing and new subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is quite an advanced product, so maybe not for beginners. That said, if you have long-term ambitions for your business, then this will give you everything you need as your business grows.

I have a very small list right now, but I love that the functionality of ActiveCampaign gives me room to grow. What this platform allows me to do is segment my list from day 1, which will mean I can offer more personalised communication further down the line.

ActiveCampaign review by Angel M.
Angel M.

"Great software at a good price"

What do you like best?

Very nice marketing automation system full of options. User-friendly interface is very intuitive. Learning curve is relatively quick.

What do you dislike?

E-mail writing system could be improved, I have seen sometimes that first e-mail from a campaign takes up to 15 minutes to arrive but I'm not sure if it is due to AC or to my mailserver. That would be nice to have an easy way to get an overview of your automation, sometimes when it is too big, it is difficult to look at it as a whole. Also it will be very nice if you can have a "test mode" for automation when any "wait" is adjusted to let's say 1 minute so I do not need to delete all the "waits" that I have set to 1 day or more in order to test the automation before launch it, another option will be to allow a bypass button for certain elements of the automation during the test mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software with many features, I would recommend buying it

Automate all my communications with my list every time I send a campaign. Allows me to have great communication with my customers

ActiveCampaign review by Gabe K.
Gabe K.

"I've used them all... AC is My favourite Marketing Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the platform is. I love how easy they make it for companies of any size to get started. The ease of use means that companies are accessing more available features for their investment. The difficult to use (and often very expensive) alternative platforms usually results in people getting lost and not using it for all of its capabilities. I LOVE the API, the e-commerce deep integration and the event tracking. I love the support and the active community engagement for support. It's just an overall mind-blowingly valuable resource for the money.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I would like to see added over time that are offered by competitor products. I don't necessarily need them to add a landing page builder for example, but I could make great use of dynamic content blocks to add to web pages based on lists/tags. Looking forward to the full release of the CRM app which was badly needed. I also wish there were a way to edit live automations in an edit mode and then have a publish button.

ActiveCampaign allows me to send targeted, timely and relevant messages to my audience based on their behaviour. It is an incredibly powerful tool, and ActiveCampaign makes it very easy to do that, and very easy to integrate with other services.

ActiveCampaign review by Sharon  R.
Sharon R.

"Why I Love ActiveCampaign "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to ask questions at any time of the day and have knowledgeable staff on hand to simply and easily point me in the right direction!

I love the way the automations work, they are simple to set up and there are so many functions that you can use you will not be stuck hoping for an option that doesn't exist!

I love the way you set up emails in the automations, it makes so much more sense than what I've seen in other programs.

What do you dislike?

I'm really struggling with this one! The colours perhaps! Sometimes the graphs can look one dimensional, I would love to see more visual upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any new software, there is a learning curve, I would not be afraid to reach out to their support and ask any questions they will help any way they can!

It allows me to set up and send the emails to my list and to put into place funnels for turning prospects into clients!

ActiveCampaign review by Chantel K.
Chantel K.

"The Best Email Marketing Provider Out There!"

What do you like best?

I've used a number of different email marketing providers out there and I Active Campaign is by far the best out there. The ability to create tags is my favorite feature, it helps me make sure the emails I send to my audience are applicable to them.

I also love the format automation sequences with a variety of if/then factors. This helps to ensure I am not sending emails to customers in my audience who have already purchased a product or are not interested in that specific area.

Since using Active Campaign my email list has grown exponentially. I attribute a lot of this to the ability to have multiple lead magnets and opt in forms with custom automation sequences for each.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything yet that I dislike. Though I would love to see landing pages as an option in the future, I am currently working with another company for a site welcome mat and integrating my Active Campaign form, I would love to see this feature built right into Active Campaign in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is excellent for those looking to grow and be able to segment their email lists.

Since using Active Campaign I have been able to send out emails that are more targeted and specific to my audience. In addition my email list has grown by more than 150% since starting to use Active Campaign about a month ago.

ActiveCampaign review by John D.
John D.

"One of the best list managers on the market"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a low cost for startups, I help a lot of people get going. But I love love love the functionality. It is intuitive and easy to use and highly functional for an internet marketer.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot just mainly little things which I have sent in to their product ideas area. They have a lot of functionality that Infusionsoft offers - some features are even better. If they had a checkout / cart process that would make them a really attractive whole solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider this - if you are starting out - it is a must - the best option out there. If you are an experienced online business then there are many factors at play - but make sure you check out the integrations options with AC. It is one of the most usuable systems out there.

Automated funnel sequencing - list segmenting, product delivery of online courses. It does just about everything I need for my business.

ActiveCampaign review by Mary N.
Mary N.

"User-friendly- Goodbye, Hubspot!"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly (anyone with beginner's knowledge of inbound marketing can use this) Take advantage of their migration service if you are moving data from another automation service (like HubSpot) This will ensure clean imports! Our CSV imports were a little messy due to changes with our site and HubSpot data, but ActiveCampaign's migration team cleaned them up nicely and very quickly! The campaign design templates are beautiful and are easily customizable. Everyone needs ActiveCampaign for their small business or ecommerce site!

What do you dislike?

The only downside is no landing pages. However, it easily integrates with many apps. (We are considering giving Leadformly a shot!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business and you want beautiful emails, clean lists and contact imports, and friendly support, ActiveCampaign is right for you.

We wanted an inexpensive alternative to HubSpot. HubSpot was not worth the investment for our small business with a marketing team of 1. The benefits are quick and simple contact imports and management, batch actions, and beautiful email campaign design.

ActiveCampaign review by Audric M.
Audric M.

"Ease of use and simplicity in implimentation"

What do you like best?

I love how I can create a list, automation, and forms and easily integrate with my sales funnels.

What do you dislike?

Really don't have any dislikes at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is very quick to grasp. The dashboard is easy to understand. The help section contains just about everything you need to learn how to use the software on your own. For the more complicated things you may need, customer support is very responsive and helpful in getting you the answer to your question.

I am able to keep my leads in one place and create tailored email campaigns for all of my different lists with ease. Anything I do not understand, I can easily find how to do it with the help section saving me time in having to do a back and forth with support. Once set up, it just becomes a hands-off tool that I no longer have to worry about.

ActiveCampaign review by Susannah F.
Susannah F.

"I recommend ActiveCampaign to my clients - it's easy for newbies and nimble enough for experienced"

What do you like best?

List segmentation - or tagging - system. It is the best way to send targeted messaging and really optimize list engagement.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - I've used it for myself and 7 clients so far and it's been terrific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what you want to accomplish. Are you blogging and sending out a newsletter periodically? Then maybe MailChimp or Convertkit are more suitable. But if you are an online entrepreneur who needs to keep on top of list engagement (targeted messaging, robust automation, etc), launch products, run an online course, etc - I think ActiveCampaign is the best.

For many of my clients who run online programs, it's a solution to targeted list building and nurture as well as content delivery. Setting automations is easy, and recently I've realized extremely sophisticated for my client who launched a 5-figure course. We were able to segment her Master list and target sequences to nurture prospects through the different phases of the launch. Also the data we received is helping us refine next year's launch. It's awesome.

I was so impressed that I'm using ActiveCampaign for my own business - build lists and deliver content. I'd like to use it to manage my client relationships as well.

ActiveCampaign review by Jessa G.
Jessa G.

"Great Product, Great Service, Great Price"

What do you like best?

The software is incredibly robust. You can do basic email marketing campaigns, like everyone else out there - but there is so much more "under the hood" of ActiveCampaign, with the indepth functionality of automations, the CRM tools, and integration/tracking on your website. And I recently needed to contact customer support and received incredible service. I'm thrilled.

What do you dislike?

There are a series of training videos that walk through key functionalities and features and how to use them. The person narrating these videos sounds like he hates his life and isn't exactly thrilled about the product he's describing either. I'd rather throw myself out a window than watch the training videos in AC... so I've had to resort to finding alternative videos on YouTube made by people outside of ActiveCampaign. I highly recommend getting someone else to do a new, brighter voice-over for your training vids!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, learn about some of the amazing funnel building and automations you can do. You'll never look back.

I'm both creating more involved and enlightening email campaigns for my own business, but I'm also able to help my clients migrate to ActiveCampaign and improve their marketing campaigns as well.

ActiveCampaign review by Sharmina A.
Sharmina A.

"Far better than InfusionSoft"

What do you like best?

I moved to Active Campaign after having a terrible time with InfusionSoft. I have found the interface much easier, the deliverability to be far better, and the customer service to be top-notch with Active Campaign.

What do you dislike?

There is one aspect of Active Campaign that requires improvement: their Chrome extension isn't great. You can't automatically track emails without adding the contact to the database, and you don't get notifications when the email is read - you have to monitor your sent email manually which is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're unsure, go for it. After our short 100 email trial ended, we signed up for 2,500 contacts to further test it for a couple of months, which we found to be very cost-effective, and a great way to get full support whilst deciding if AC was for us.

Automating our marketing is very important, and whilst we were able to do this with InfusionSoft we found I high percentage of bounces that were not correct, and IS said they were unable to resolve. After a thorough analysis of our bounces on AC we have found that the deliverability is near perfect - this is especially important as we are B2B and email several people at the same company.

ActiveCampaign review by Sheila J D.
Sheila J D.

"Best Email Marketing Tool!"

What do you like best?

I've used them all and now prefer Active Campaign over all other products. Starting out as a virtual assistant, I had the opportunity to see what the right tools do for a business. This is the best tool for email marketing. I love how it integrates with Wordpress so easily as well as Thrive Cart. Being able to manage additional users on my platform has been great since I'm using a team to manage my business now. Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

Would like to send campaigns via tag only. Also, I'd love to see AC implement a sponsorship program. It would be great if there were a shopping cart option for some of my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to continue using IS for my other business because they are a sponsor for my business at Lock n' Load Marketing. If AC would do sponsorships, I would move 100% to AC for both businesses.

Being able to use my list effectively improves open rates. It's super easy to use with my website, shopping cart, and other platforms like 22Social which we are implementing very soon. I wonder if there are ways I'm not using Active Campaign that I could be using. Would love to have had an onboarding person to walk me through some of the other opportunities. Like, how do I use it as a CRM? What other ways could I use it for analytics?

ActiveCampaign review by Pascal G.
Pascal G.

"When you find Mailchimp can't help you! ActiveCampaign is the best"

What do you like best?

Even if I have no problem in english, the fact that it's available in french is far more better than other tools. Automations and blast campaing are really easy to setup. There are a lot of automation templates available but I've made my own very easily. Using Zapier, Gmail and ActiveCampaign, I've been able to send a series of email to our new clients even if our website ordering system didn't made it easy to do so. Using Zapier, ActiveCampaign and Googleforms, I've made polls which allow us to get new clients and visitors. I recommend using ActiveCampaign to friends, and other companies I know.

What do you dislike?

Well, I would have to dig very hard to find something I dislike. Heck, I don't even see If there would be something I dislike for the parts I'm not yet using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it with Zapier, Gmail, Google Form to make polls and entice customers to give you answers to what they would need. If you are using ThriveArchitect, It will be awesome. Use your imagination and you will be surprised!

Following with our current active clients was not possible through our website. For some reason, It will not be possible as a lot of time, money and work would need to be invested to make it possible. Using Zapier, we retrieve the email we receive when clients make an order. They are then put in an automation that send them emails to give them advice for their job posting, additionnal product offers and follow-up questions for their results. Usualy, they answer the questions for the results, which allow us to call them to have a chat and maybe propose additionnal services and products. This is only one of the many uses we have with ActiveCampaign. And I can assure you, our website is really not that good, using ActiveCampaign allow us to really increase our performance.

ActiveCampaign review by Christine B.
Christine B.

"Clutter free layout, simple + easy to use, yet robust features"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality and ease of use. I am a techy person but you don’t need to be to use the product. I set my clients up on it all the time- if only I would use the affiliate link 😂Most of my clients are not tech savvy at all but have no problem using the site. Uncluttered visually as well. Love the ease of the drag and drop functionality of automations. So many great features and options for every email marketing need. You can’t go wrong! I have 3 businesses personally and an account for each.

What do you dislike?

I can’t say I dislike anything, but I would like to be able to have mutliple businesses under 1 account. I have 3 businesses so I have and pay for 3 separate accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is great, so easy to use and there are so many features and functionalities to help you grow, automate and track results for your business. You’ll love it!

I am setting up Active Campaign for my clients, setting up funnels for them with tracking , tagging, etc. for clients and then I teach them how to use the system.

ActiveCampaign review by Andrea L.
Andrea L.

"Best email marketing automation platform for micro and small enterprises"

What do you like best?

I enjoy a lot all the automation features, the contact page and the easy CRM. I think this is the best solution for everyone who's starting with email and marketing automation, and I've been using it and suggesting it to my audience and clients for over 2 years now.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have more training and done-for-you automations for lead conversion. Also, some competitors are interesting because they integrate many other features (like landing pages, webinars, deadline timers, etc) in one platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, especially if you have a big list

Managing my database, building automated funnels and nurturing sequences. I put most of my marketing lead generation and conversion, as well as team onboarding on autopilot. Where the platform doesn't provide a solution, I integrated it with others.

ActiveCampaign review by Ian A.
Ian A.

"ActiveCampaign has met all of my business's automation needs"

What do you like best?

I love the automation sequences as well as all of the integrations between ActiveCampaign and other software I use, such as Mindbody, Leadpages, or Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

I think that there could be more in-depth reporting. I would like to be able to break down the performance of individual emails better with custom date and time ranges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a system that is easy to integrate to your existing systems and has great automations, then this is your best bet. It's only drawback is in-depth analytics.

ActiveCampaign has helped me grow my email list in a way that is organized and actionable. I've been able to acquire new leads easier with automated follow-ups and organizing with tags allows me to retarget very easily.

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Videos

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

* We monitor all ActiveCampaign reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(783 reviews)