ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign

An all-in-one marketing platform. Grow your business with email, automation, and sales tools. Save time & money using their enterprise level functionality that has been designed for ease of use.

Work for ActiveCampaign?

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Ask ActiveCampaign a Question
Showing 408 ActiveCampaign reviews
ActiveCampaign review by <span>Tara-Tamiko T.</span>
Tara-Tamiko T.
Validated Review

ActiveCampaign: Your Automation Beast!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Automation, automation, automation. I now understand why this is in the marketing automation category as opposed to the email marketing category.

What do you dislike?

No iOS app! Why not? It's a little difficult to access reporting on my iPhone, I would be interested in using an app version of the tool. Hopefully, this will be developed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hear a lot of people talk about a product being 'intuitive' and that's what I look for in an SaaS. However, ActiveCampaign may feel counter-intuitive at first. Give it time. The number of features it has means you really need to take some time out to learn how to make it work for you and your business.

Analysis! By setting up automations when I write an email, it's far easier to analyse, segment and target my list.

What I love the most about ActiveCampaign is that there seems to no limit to the amount of automations you can set up. From autoresponders, to sequencers, integrating with other products, such as CRMs, other automation tools, like Zapier.

Email marketing has long gone away from the simple broadcasting of your message. And ActiveCampaign takes care of that. Sure you can send out newsletters, but with the ability to customize and personalize your emails, and set these up automatically, why would you want to broadcast.

In today's fast-moving business world, you need a marketing tool that gives you back time. ActiveCampaign does this.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessie Deschane of ActiveCampaign

Hi Tara-Tamiko,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review - so happy to hear you find ActiveCampaign to be an Automation Beast! And we appreciate the feedback on the app. This is something in development, though we currently don't have public timing on it yet. We do know it's important to our users!

Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign review by <span>Joanna O.</span>
Joanna O.
Validated Review

Simple to use, great customer service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Getting to try out ActiveCampaign for free during the trial gave me the confidence to signup for an account. I really appreciated having a representative set up a phone call with me to walk me through the platform and answer any questions I had. The customer service was excellent right from the beginning. When I had a question months later, a response was given the same day and my issue quickly resolved.

What do you dislike?

I have been using ActiveCampaign for approximately 5 months and I have found everything straight forward and easy to use. One feature I dislike is that in order to connect a PayPal purchase to an email automation, I have to use Zapier. This added monthly fee and extra hurdle made it difficult for me to set up my automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As someone who is just starting my business, I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. If like me, your email list is still small, AC is very affordable. I like how the subscription fees reflect the amount of subscribers you have to allow you to expand based on your growth.

The main reason I wanted to use ActiveCampaign was from the positive reviews from my peers. My primary use of AC is to set up email automations to be sent to subscribers. I am able to save a lot of time, create beautifully functional emails with the templates provided and easily organize my contact list.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessie Deschane of ActiveCampaign

Hi Joanna!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we're so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We love hearing from our users and appreciate feedback so we can continue to grow.

Thank you from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Heather C S.</span>
Heather C S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the campaigns and being able to personalize my clients and subscribers experiences based on the tags that ActiveCampaign allows me to add. I also love that using Zapier I can connect my calendar, my invoicing system, and more, to be able to add tags. This allows me to organize my lists and personalize my messages.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to be able to format the RSS email. For some reason, the text is very tiny when it pulls in my blog post content. I contacted their support but this was something they are unable to change. Having the RSS automated would eliminate the need to manually send out an email each week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to go through the training and take them up on their monthly phone calls when setting it up. They offer amazing support if you need it.

I am using the marketing automation for myself and my clients. Setting up personalized marketing campaigns for my business has given me back my time, and it has helped me steadily book more sales calls with potential clients.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessie Deschane of ActiveCampaign

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we're so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We love hearing what is (and isn't) working well from our users.

We're continuing to improve usability, so if you ever have specific things you'd like to see, please feel free to give us feedback at ideas.activecampaign.com - it'll go straight to our internal team!

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Lauren L.</span>
Lauren L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Active Campaign has been the best email marketing platform we've used - by far! (And we've tried quite a few.) The best thing about Active Campaign is the power of segmentation and automation. The value for the software is incredible - they offer a very generous plan that includes automations and contact management. The power to track users across website behavior, different platforms, and segmented forms makes for a very powerful tool. The design has improved substantially and the new marketplace is going to make the community even stronger.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike (and we don't consider it a negative) is that there is a definite learning curve to active campaign. It isn't for novices who've never worked in email marketing. But if you're willing to spend a little time learning about how to navigate the tool, it's completely worth it! Support has also been very helpful when we've run into snags integrating AC with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended. Take the plunge and don't look back! Automations and segmentation are here for good!

*Email Marketing

*Email Newsletters

*Sales Funnels through Automation

*Time based Campaigns using Dates

*Segmenting Customers using forms and lists

*Advanced Customer Tracking

*Advanced Customer Behavior Tracking (email and website)

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessie Deschane of ActiveCampaign

Hi Lauren!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a thorough review! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform.

We'd also recommend joining our forum or Facebook group where you can collaborate with other avid users of the platform.

Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/activecampaign.community

Forum: community.activecampaign.com

Thank you again!

Your friends at ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Shane P.</span>
Shane P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign is well-designed and works well. The "Conditions and Workflow" options are easy to use and powerful enough to reach out to your contacts based on various criteria. Automations and Campaigns are a breeze to use, as is the email and forms designer. I have tried a number of email marketing systems over the years and this is the one I am most pleased with.

What do you dislike?

I'd have to say there is nothing I dislike about ActiveCampaign. It would be a bonus to have some more powerful CRM features, but CRM is not my primary reason for using it, so it's no big deal. Having said that, though, I still find ActiveCampaign quite effective for managing tasks etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If email marketing is your primary focus, definitely give it a go. Since moving to ActiveCampaign, I've stopped looking for anything else. I'm happy where I've landed.

Following up with subscribers and targeting based on web pages visited.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessie Deschane of ActiveCampaign

Hi Shane,

We're continuing to improve our CRM and we know how important it is to our users. If you ever have specific things you'd like us to incorporate as we grow, please feel free to give us feedback at ideas.activecampaign.com - it'll go straight to our internal team.

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Ben M.</span>
Ben M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Because I'm a consultant and do lots of freelance work I've had to use almost every email autoresponder. None combine simplicity with powerful automation features like Active Campaign. You can have your campaign set up in minutes even if you have never used the software before, and aren't tech-savvy. It turns anyone into an email automation wizard. Also, the interface to write and design your emails is really simple and easy to use. That's why I choose to use Active Campaign for my own business and recommend all my clients switch to this software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is the most recently set up email templates don't get saved at the top of the template menu. Also, there is a two-step login which is a little weird to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the trial and then use the software. You won't be disappointed and it's inexpensive to try to platform.

Active Campaign makes it easy for just about anyone to create powerful email and text message automation and track them. I now can use a single system to send out all of my emails, both automated and broadcast. It's also cool because if you have multiple products, lists, or send-from emails you can host them all inside a single Active Campaign account. This way you don't need to sign up for Active Campaign multiple times for all of your businesses.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessie Deschane of ActiveCampaign

Hi Ben!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we're so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We love hearing from our users.

With that, we're continuing to improve our platform, so if you ever have specific things you'd like to see, please feel free to give us feedback at ideas.activecampaign.com - it'll go straight to our internal team.

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Videos

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

* We monitor all ActiveCampaign reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.