ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign

An all-in-one marketing platform. Grow your business with email, automation, and sales tools. Save time & money using their enterprise level functionality that has been designed for ease of use.

Work for ActiveCampaign?

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Ask ActiveCampaign a Question
ActiveCampaign review by <span>Lauren L.</span>
Lauren L.

Active campaign is my favorite marketing tool!

What do you like best?

Active Campaign has been the best email marketing platform we've used - by far! (And we've tried quite a few.) The best thing about Active Campaign is the power of segmentation and automation. The value for the software is incredible - they offer a very generous plan that includes automations and contact management. The power to track users across website behavior, different platforms, and segmented forms makes for a very powerful tool. The design has improved substantially and the new marketplace is going to make the community even stronger.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike (and we don't consider it a negative) is that there is a definite learning curve to active campaign. It isn't for novices who've never worked in email marketing. But if you're willing to spend a little time learning about how to navigate the tool, it's completely worth it! Support has also been very helpful when we've run into snags integrating AC with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended. Take the plunge and don't look back! Automations and segmentation are here for good!

*Email Marketing

*Email Newsletters

*Sales Funnels through Automation

*Time based Campaigns using Dates

*Segmenting Customers using forms and lists

*Advanced Customer Tracking

*Advanced Customer Behavior Tracking (email and website)

Showing 463 ActiveCampaign reviews
ActiveCampaign review by <span>Gabriel K.</span>
Gabriel K.

I've used them all... AC is My favourite Marketing Automation Tool

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the platform is. I love how easy they make it for companies of any size to get started. The ease of use means that companies are accessing more available features for their investment. The difficult to use (and often very expensive) alternative platforms usually results in people getting lost and not using it for all of its capabilities. I LOVE the API, the e-commerce deep integration and the event tracking. I love the support and the active community engagement for support. It's just an overall mind-blowingly valuable resource for the money.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I would like to see added over time that are offered by competitor products. I don't necessarily need them to add a landing page builder for example, but I could make great use of dynamic content blocks to add to web pages based on lists/tags. Looking forward to the full release of the CRM app which was badly needed. I also wish there were a way to edit live automations in an edit mode and then have a publish button.

ActiveCampaign allows me to send targeted, timely and relevant messages to my audience based on their behaviour. It is an incredibly powerful tool, and ActiveCampaign makes it very easy to do that, and very easy to integrate with other services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign review by <span>John D.</span>
John D.

One of the best list managers on the market

What do you like best?

I like that it is a low cost for startups, I help a lot of people get going. But I love love love the functionality. It is intuitive and easy to use and highly functional for an internet marketer.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot just mainly little things which I have sent in to their product ideas area. They have a lot of functionality that Infusionsoft offers - some features are even better. If they had a checkout / cart process that would make them a really attractive whole solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider this - if you are starting out - it is a must - the best option out there. If you are an experienced online business then there are many factors at play - but make sure you check out the integrations options with AC. It is one of the most usuable systems out there.

Automated funnel sequencing - list segmenting, product delivery of online courses. It does just about everything I need for my business.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Mary N.</span>
Mary N.

User-friendly- Goodbye, Hubspot!

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly (anyone with beginner's knowledge of inbound marketing can use this) Take advantage of their migration service if you are moving data from another automation service (like HubSpot) This will ensure clean imports! Our CSV imports were a little messy due to changes with our site and HubSpot data, but ActiveCampaign's migration team cleaned them up nicely and very quickly! The campaign design templates are beautiful and are easily customizable. Everyone needs ActiveCampaign for their small business or ecommerce site!

What do you dislike?

The only downside is no landing pages. However, it easily integrates with many apps. (We are considering giving Leadformly a shot!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business and you want beautiful emails, clean lists and contact imports, and friendly support, ActiveCampaign is right for you.

We wanted an inexpensive alternative to HubSpot. HubSpot was not worth the investment for our small business with a marketing team of 1. The benefits are quick and simple contact imports and management, batch actions, and beautiful email campaign design.

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Susannah F.</span>
Susannah F.

I recommend ActiveCampaign to my clients - it's easy for newbies and nimble enough for experienced

What do you like best?

List segmentation - or tagging - system. It is the best way to send targeted messaging and really optimize list engagement.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - I've used it for myself and 7 clients so far and it's been terrific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what you want to accomplish. Are you blogging and sending out a newsletter periodically? Then maybe MailChimp or Convertkit are more suitable. But if you are an online entrepreneur who needs to keep on top of list engagement (targeted messaging, robust automation, etc), launch products, run an online course, etc - I think ActiveCampaign is the best.

For many of my clients who run online programs, it's a solution to targeted list building and nurture as well as content delivery. Setting automations is easy, and recently I've realized extremely sophisticated for my client who launched a 5-figure course. We were able to segment her Master list and target sequences to nurture prospects through the different phases of the launch. Also the data we received is helping us refine next year's launch. It's awesome.

I was so impressed that I'm using ActiveCampaign for my own business - build lists and deliver content. I'd like to use it to manage my client relationships as well.

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Jessa G.</span>
Jessa G.

Great Product, Great Service, Great Price

What do you like best?

The software is incredibly robust. You can do basic email marketing campaigns, like everyone else out there - but there is so much more "under the hood" of ActiveCampaign, with the indepth functionality of automations, the CRM tools, and integration/tracking on your website. And I recently needed to contact customer support and received incredible service. I'm thrilled.

What do you dislike?

There are a series of training videos that walk through key functionalities and features and how to use them. The person narrating these videos sounds like he hates his life and isn't exactly thrilled about the product he's describing either. I'd rather throw myself out a window than watch the training videos in AC... so I've had to resort to finding alternative videos on YouTube made by people outside of ActiveCampaign. I highly recommend getting someone else to do a new, brighter voice-over for your training vids!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, learn about some of the amazing funnel building and automations you can do. You'll never look back.

I'm both creating more involved and enlightening email campaigns for my own business, but I'm also able to help my clients migrate to ActiveCampaign and improve their marketing campaigns as well.

ActiveCampaign review by <span>Sheila J D.</span>
Sheila J D.

Best Email Marketing Tool!

What do you like best?

I've used them all and now prefer Active Campaign over all other products. Starting out as a virtual assistant, I had the opportunity to see what the right tools do for a business. This is the best tool for email marketing. I love how it integrates with Wordpress so easily as well as Thrive Cart. Being able to manage additional users on my platform has been great since I'm using a team to manage my business now. Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

Would like to send campaigns via tag only. Also, I'd love to see AC implement a sponsorship program. It would be great if there were a shopping cart option for some of my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to continue using IS for my other business because they are a sponsor for my business at Lock n' Load Marketing. If AC would do sponsorships, I would move 100% to AC for both businesses.

Being able to use my list effectively improves open rates. It's super easy to use with my website, shopping cart, and other platforms like 22Social which we are implementing very soon. I wonder if there are ways I'm not using Active Campaign that I could be using. Would love to have had an onboarding person to walk me through some of the other opportunities. Like, how do I use it as a CRM? What other ways could I use it for analytics?

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Videos

Learning about ActiveCampaign?

* We monitor all ActiveCampaign reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.