ActiveInbox

You can empty your inbox, manage email tasks entirely within Gmail, and integrate Gmail with your other management tools.

Work for ActiveInbox?

Showing 13 ActiveInbox reviews
ActiveInbox review by <span>Josephine K.</span>
Josephine K.

Never drop the ball!

What do you like best?

I love being able to assign deadlines to myself or others on emails. If I need a response from someone, I can set the email's status as "Waiting On," set a due date and get the email out of my inbox. If they have not responded, it is so helpful that the email will reappear in my inbox and I'm reminded to follow up. Likewise, if I need to do something, but not right away, I can set the status as "Action" with a due date and be reminded of what I need to do with that email at a later date. It is a huge benefit to my peace of mind and productivity to be able to get emails out of my inbox until they need to be dealt with again.

What do you dislike?

The newest version of ActiveInbox does not yet play well with Salesforce Lightning for Gmail. I am currently dealing with this by using an earlier version.

It's a huge benefit that I don't have to be worried that I've forgotten something when managing email. ActiveInbox can be that part of my brain! I don't think I could do my job as well without it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ActiveInbox
ActiveInbox review by <span>Thorsten M.</span>
Thorsten M.

A good productivity app for Gmail users

What do you like best?

It helps you focus on the important emails via the task system and you can get a better overview about your work tasks in general. It implements well in your Gmail email account and has a nice decent design.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it needs some more time to load, I am not sure why this is the case because it is only a small program. And I would like to use it on my other mail account too but that does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is a little bit high for such a tool, but it works great if you need to deal with a high volume of emails every day. You will get more productive with this app.

I use it like I said above to create tasks from my emails and so reduce the number of emails I have in my post entry. I can save time with this tool and focus on the important tasks. Another benefit is that I can write emails with the tool and send them out later to customers.

What Other Email solution do you use?

ActiveInbox review by <span>Andreas S.</span>
Andreas S.

Change your email account to a to-do list for your work

What do you like best?

I can change my emails into tasks and can make myself a nice overview of my work in progress. It satisfies my need to be more structured at work especially with the countless email conversations that I have to do every day.

What do you dislike?

It only works with your Gmail Account. I have luck because I primarily use this account for my work emails but others could be not so lucky. Also, the price is high in comparison to the limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the price is a little too high in my opinion for the feature it offers I will buy this tool after my trial period. It offers the right package overall for my work needs. I can recommend doing the test phase for everyone who is interested in the features.

I use it to structurize my daily work and so to save a huge amount of time. Although I use this tool to send out emails later than I wrote them. This comes in handy when I have certain dates to fulfill or if I am working from home at a special time.

ActiveInbox review by <span>Karin H.</span>
Karin H.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

Tasks from Mails to work better

What do you like best?

The main feature is excellent for me. Making tasks of my mailing inbox is very nice for people like me who like structures in their daily work.

What do you dislike?

I think the price after the trial period could be a little less expensive but this is only my subjective opinion. Also I think the learn progress can be made a little more easy. I wish I could find a similar tool for my other mail account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trough the free trial you can learn the features of the tool and can look without risk if the features can help you in your daily work. So I can recommend at least to try this tool.

I use it for making tasks to have a much better overview of my inbox but also I use it to schedule the sending of specific mails to customers. At this time we do not have a weekly newsletter or something because our online business just gets started but the sending of scheduled mailings helps in the meantime a lot.

ActiveInbox review by <span>Rolf M.</span>
Rolf M.

A good addon for organizing Gmail

What do you like best?

That I can make tasks from my received mails easily. This works very good and offers a nice morale boost and overview bonus at work.

What do you dislike?

I think the idea behind Activeinbox is very good but I had some serious issues with the tool within the trial period. The delay sending of an email to another person did not work correctly for me. I tried it only two times and it failed so I wasnt sure if it will work in the future and I didnt send any mails after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not very satisfied with the current state of this tool but I think in the future there is a chance that the problems are away. At least try it if your interested in the features it offers because it is free and mabe you do not have the same problems with using it.

Most of the time I used only the task feature. The other features I didnt use often or I had problems with it.

ActiveInbox review by <span>Karin L.</span>
Karin L.

A nice tool which will raise your productivity

What do you like best?

That it can raise your structurization at your workplace with some little tweaks for your Gmail account. Also a huge bonus point is the fact that you can test it for free before you have to pay and the setup and integration process is made very easy. The features that the tool offers are also selfexplanatory and the tutorial is nice.

What do you dislike?

The feature of making tasks from your Email isnt new because in other mailing clients/systems I have seen it. Nevertheless Activeinbox has a nice simple approach to this feature. The problem for me is that after a while I dont care if there is an ordinary E-Mail or i made a task about it. For me the motivation effect from this feature endured only for a short time period. Other features like the scheduling of a mail are nice too but I have other programs in use that do the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to try it its free for a limited time period. People who need structure will love this tool and for them i can recommend it. Your folder with Emails is quiet structured after using this tool for your own needs.

I have used it for making a list of tasks from mails I received from coworkers and also customers. I have stopped using it because I use other tools in my daily work but some colleagues clearly are loving this tool and manage all their email traffic with it.

Learning about ActiveInbox?

* We monitor all ActiveInbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ActiveInbox to Similar Solutions