ActivTrak

ActivTrak is an easy-to-use, easy-to-install free cloud-based monitoring service allowing employers of on-site and remote workers to monitor web and application usage, better improving performance and work-place control.

Work for ActivTrak?

Learning about ActivTrak?

ActivTrak Reviews

Ask ActivTrak a Question
Showing 46 ActivTrak reviews
ActivTrak review by <span>Vera V.</span>
Vera V.

Simple to Use, Lots of Data

What do you like best?

There's so many features about Activtrak that I enjoy, if I had to pick just one I'd say screenshots. And the ease of installation.

What do you dislike?

The price gets a bit too high for small businesses (my primary customers) to be able to afford. The free version works great in those cases, except for the limitations to exporting data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version can be a great resource to small business owners looking to keep an eye on one or two employees. The biggest feature withheld from the free version is the ability to export data.

It gives proof of an employee's activity online. Not only what sites they're on and how long they've been on them, but what applications they're using too. Plus the screenshots, I love the screenshots.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ActivTrak
ActivTrak review by <span>T. Thor L.</span>
T. Thor L.

Enlightening and Easy to Use

What do you like best?

ActivTrak works great and is reasonably priced. Installation on and removal from the host system are very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a feature allowing an administrator to remove ActivTrack from a host system remotely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up productivity and scheduling as soon as possible. Defining which sites and applications are productive and which are not is crucial.

We had some employees who were consistently missing deadlines that they shouldn't have been missing. ActivTrak enabled us to efficiently identify and address some of the employees' problematic behaviors.

It worked so well that I actually installed it on my own computer to help me identify areas for improvement.

What Employee Monitoring solution do you use?

ActivTrak review by <span>Brian E.</span>
Brian E.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

"Does exactly what it say on the Tin!"

What do you like best?

ease of use and the reporting functionality is great, especially the full audit log of what has been happening on a computer. it even catches title bar data of when users are in incognito or private mode. this is extremely helpful, especially when you have setup screen grabbing and alerting when you have areas of concern that a member of staff is doing something inappropriatre.

What do you dislike?

not all websites have been classified, and some have been classified wrong... also the inability for the the product to see what is going on when the user is in firefox. we have seen that when ever a member of staff uses firefox, it cannot record the URL properly and lists it as Firefox:/// , luckily it does capture the title bar information, so we are able see what is happening. it would be good to find out why this happens and also if it is a bug, to have the active trak developers fix the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

think about exactly what you need from a package like this and make sure it fits in with your local policies within your organisation, especially where staff monitoring is concerned. Your policies need include areas that state you have the right to monitor internet & computer usage, using any product or means.

analysing unproductive time, especially when the user is away from the desk. seeing the amount of time the computer is locked or idle... also the amount of time people are spending on social media.

ActivTrak review by <span>Craig H.</span>
Craig H.

Great workplace monitoring software

What do you like best?

What we like best is the screenshots it takes. It supports multiple monitors so we see what each person does even if they have 3 monitors. We also like the graphs and reporting and blocking websites.

What do you dislike?

We, of course, dislike the price and that it is a yearly subscription. We also don't like their sneaky tactics to get you to add more licenses with the promise of a discount that you have to fight to get. We also don't like the looks of the new interface. The old interface was more user friendly, the owner had no issues now I have to hold his hand because he gets lost trying to switch looking at graphs and screenshots. Also some computers quit recording for no reason and the services have to be restarted manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not a cheaper solution but it is a better solution if you want more detail into what your employees are doing. It really made the owner cringe at the level of detail we can see what the employees do, he almost thought it was too invasive.

Since getting this software we found several employees doing stuff they shouldn't do, the funniest being an employee driving for Uber on company time, another employee fudging their expense reports.

ActivTrak review by <span>Shawn W.</span>
Shawn W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great Service and Product!

What do you like best?

I like that you can see screen shots at different intervals of the time it is monitoring the computer. It works great as you can use it as a time clock to make sure the employees are being honest about there timesheets of in and out times. Really like the feature of being able to export the info to excel for record keeping. The activity log file is fantastic and shows very detailed info. It shows the screenshot at all different intervals which helps when reviewing what the employee was doing at a particular part of the day.

What do you dislike?

I had one issue which customer service very quickly responded as my time zone reverted back to the default setting. They gave me very detailed info which I was back up and running in matter if minutes from reading the email to completing the steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product can do exactly what they are advertising. You can set this program up on a computer and once that computer is logged into, the program is tracking at all times. The activity report is very detailed and it shows when a screenshot was taken.

Verifying time management as well as being able to provide a little more supervision to get the employee back in line if they are doing more extra curricular items during work hours. We realized that unfortunately a lot more employees than we thought were not as productive as we had thought but then made us understand that no one is 100% billable.

ActivTrak review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

Great software to check on your employees

What do you like best?

Knowing that my employees have no idea I'm checking in on them to see if they're productive.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed I sometimes had to reinstall the software to the computers in order for it to work again. At first when using this, within a 10 day span the software would stop working and the website would stop informing me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize that computers this is installed in wont show the program running in the background

It's just really great to see when my employees are getting work done or not. While those who work under me mostly stay product it really is nice to see that I can continue that trust.

Learning about ActivTrak?

* We monitor all ActivTrak reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.