Adaptive Insights

Adaptive Insights

Adaptive Insights is powering a new generation of business planning. Driving business agility in a fast-moving world, the Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud leads the way for people in companies to collaborate, gain insights, and make smarter decisions faster. We offer Adaptive Insights for Finance and Adaptive Insights for Sales, purpose-built solutions to allow those closest to the business to plan.

Work for Adaptive Insights?

Learning about Adaptive Insights?

Adaptive Insights Reviews

Ask Adaptive Insights a Question
Showing 101 Adaptive Insights reviews
Adaptive Insights review by Allison Bailey C.
Allison Bailey C.

"Adaptive Review"

What do you like best?

Adaptive Insights is easy to navigate and is user friendly. Before the position I am currently in, I had zero experience with Adaptive. It is very easy to catch on and learn about. Adaptive Insights makes financial planning and forecasting much easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot filter for specific months when using the sheets. My company does a lot with "LTM" or "Last Twelve Months" time period. Not having the option to choose specific months makes this process a bit more time consuming than I would like.

Our monthly financials are uploaded each month using Adaptive. I have realized that Adaptive makes this process a lot faster for us. We are able to complete this entire process in about two hours rather than a full work day, which is about what it would take us without Adaptive. Adaptive also allows us to forecast our financials and implement budgets. We run all of our reports from Adaptive as well. I have realized that Adaptive has a lot of useful components.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adaptive Insights
Adaptive Insights review by Aurora M.
Aurora M.

"Advantages of using Adaptive Insights for planning"

What do you like best?

The tool is very simple to use once you have had some basic training. It allows me to create custom reports for my different customers, as well as monitor performance of my different business units. I love the fact that the tool is super dynamic and allows me to customize my planning as time goes by.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface is not very user friendly. You must have a little bit of training to know how to create reports and benefit from all the tools Adaptive offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good tool, but the interface could be a bit more user friendly. Furthermore, Office Connect could also improve by allowing the analyst to open more than one report at once. It is very frustrating having to close a file, just to open a second one you need when comparing data and changes.

My company also utilizes a sw called Domo where we can easily visualize cards and dashboards. I would like to see a feature where we could easily export data from Adaptive into Domo and the cards could be automatically updated with the latest forecasts and scenarios.

I am currently monitoring and planing a budget for our tech department. The main benefit I see is the ability to do dynamic planning and performance tracking.

What Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution do you use?

Adaptive Insights review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great service, even greater potential"

What do you like best?

The tool itself is very quick with updating and there are many features that allow you to check your work along the way (sheets, formula validation, etc.) I also like the ability to version control,; by creating new versions during crucial parts of the budget process, it allows us to reference prior submissions and be more smart about finding variances between what we are submitting and what we submitted.

What do you dislike?

The planning tools are poor and are difficult to effectively utilize without the ability to upload data. Planning also seems very counter-productive in Adaptive since it requires you to view the income statement of the smallest department in every single hierarchy. By requiring that, it essentially precludes the user from doing a top-down forecasting approach, which a lot of start-up companies end up doing. Additionally, Office Connect has an abysmal time integrating with Excel, and often slows down or crashes the program entirely. I think it would behoove Adaptive to try and emulate what Hyperion is doing with their Microsoft Excel add-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enhance OfficeConnect:

One of the worst parts about Adaptive is the integration between Adaptive and Excel. Since most companies operate primarily within Excel, it is difficult to get many tasks done seamlessly without having some manual intervention between exporting out of Adaptive and into Excel.

- Automated reporting

- Department heads are inputting their own budgets

- Accountability across departments

- Quick and easy month close variance analysis

Adaptive Insights review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Insights with Adaptive"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, regular updates, inferface is very intuitive. The application is very scaleable as our business has grown, and can deal with our international footprint well through FX reporting. The Excel Add-In is also a great touch as some users still prefer to edit data in this way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the product is regularly updated each year so there is always new functionality being added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Adaptive is a great product, you just need to make sure you have clearly documented how your current model is working and built up before you start the implementation process. That said, it is still very easy to modify things to add new functionality beyond the initial implementation.

Collaboration around budgets and forecasting, assisting with reducing time taken for month end close (from plus 15 days using old Excel models to now 1 - 2 days with Adaptive). The product also deals with reporting restructures well, as the level hierarchy in the model is very flexible and can be tagged with many different dimensions and attributes. What-if scenario planning is also very easy as budget versions can be instantly copied and modified to show the impact of flexing certain model variables. Constant currency reporting is also available, or being able to show the data with any set of FX rates (ie - what if prior year actuals were restated at current year budget rates etc).

Adaptive Insights review by Lenny L.
Lenny L.

"Arrive Adaptive"

What do you like best?

What I like the best are setup of the system and consolidation of the cloud. It provides the understandable concept of construction the tool which is helpful with the customization of the business process.

What do you dislike?

For now, two perspectives I dislike during the implementation: 1) unable to manage the same setting of the accounts all at once, e.g. read only functionality; 2) formula testing is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) single source of truth; 2) quality of the information consolidation.

Adaptive insights will improve the quality of the planning data, provide the variety of the reporting, and optimize the business process. Before implementation, need to understand the business process thoroughly and evaluate the process over at least one cycle to discover as many challenges as possible. prioritized the possible solutions in terms of source of data, methods of inputs, format of outputs and consolidation of information. So as to manage the user expectation properly.

Mainly on two areas: 1) single source of truth; 2) quality of the information consolidation. I realized that Adaptive insights will improve the quality of the planning data, provide the variety of the reporting, and optimize the business process.

Adaptive Insights review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"Adaptive vastly improves FP&A Proces"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to be able to drill into detail, whether it be general ledger detail or in our case job detail, to see what actually makes up the numbers the reports are showing. The ability to plan our SG&A, personnel, and R&P model all in one technologically advanced place allows for a much smoother planning and forecasting process. Adaptive allows us the ability to provide information to senior management that was not as easy to provide as before

What do you dislike?

The amount of maintenance Adaptive takes to keep things running accurately on a monthly basis. Being a construction company we have a project based organization where our 'structure' is constantly changing. New jobs are opening, jobs are closing. It is quite the hassle to keep our job reporting up to date on a monthly basis.

We had a very manual plan/forecasting process before that used numerous different excel workbooks and links. Adaptive has allowed us to streamline this process and keep our plans/forecast "live" as we are assembling them.

Adaptive Insights review by Ben G.
Ben G.

"Making Planning Active"

What do you like best?

Structure of levels/departments so that all managers have specific places to add their business needs. Ability to link separate planning models together to create a complete plan. Relating to the budget manager/user is key. If planning by GL account doesn't make sense for the user then it is nice to build them a separate model that represents their business and then allow Adaptive to pull the needed information together for finance.

What do you dislike?

Reports - they allow the building/modifying of reports but when you are needing each user to modify the reports with notes you are also giving them access to modifying how the report is run. It would be nice to see some added permissions for report building vs. modifying vs. editing notes.

One source of budget/forecast truth. Keeping everyone engaged throughout minimizes the time spent on the back end on planning.

Adaptive Insights review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Wonderful Product"

What do you like best?

Adaptive is quite intuitive and easy to use. If you know Excel, then you can figure out Adaptive quite quickly. It has transformed our business unit by greatly reducing the amount of time it takes for us to turn around a forecast or reports, which has impacted our bottom line tremendously.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some greater flexibility around non-specific time periods, for instance being able to use "Month 1, Month 2" etc. instead of MMMM/YYYY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product -- spend the time and capital up front to ensure that the product is set up the way you like it. It has transformed our department.

We update our 5-year forecast monthly, and Adaptive has allowed us to shorten the turn around period from days to hours, allowing us to spend more time analyzing the results instead of troubleshooting Excel. With more time, it allows for more scenario planning, quickly turning around cash flow forecasts in just minutes.

Adaptive Insights review by Zeynep K.
Zeynep K.

"Great for Budgeting, should be improved for reporting"

What do you like best?

Adaptive Insights software is great software for budgeting process. It definitely helps to reduce the labor and complexity of budgeting process. Specifically, if the organization works in multiple countries, it helps a lot to get the consolidated budget.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike HTML reporting. It is very limited for financial reports like Actuals vs Target. It is not impossible to create these reports but very limited when you compare excel jet reports function. I believe it will continue to be improved. Other thing that I dislike is the formulas. We were thinking that we will be able to get rid of complex excel jet reporting formulas with Adaptive Insights. However, it seems like Adaptive Insights has its own coding (formula) language and it is not easier than other. Only working with a consultant can be a quick solution for that but you should consider to cost of it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you will get support from all dpreatments from the organization. For instance, if you work at FP&A department, you cannot achieve implentation phase without IT and General Accounting departments support.

Defiantly revenue and OH budgeting process for our organization, I would recommend global organizations to use Adaptive Insights for budgeting.

Adaptive Insights review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Amazing Finance Tool"

What do you like best?

The aspect I like best about adaptive is how collaborative it is. It is relatively easy for multiple teams to utilize the same reports/sheets at one time without affecting others. It also has the ability to have workflows and track changes. Adaptive is always changing and adapting to changes in the tech industry they evolve year after year and get better.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about Adaptive is the learning curve. It is a very challenging platform to learn, it requires quite a lot of time in order to learn the various processes, sheets, reports, and formulas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Adaptive as a possible future alternative to excel reporting. With excel spreadsheets getting increasingly larger as the amount of data grows, Adaptive will be a good work around in the future.

We are solving the problem that every large company has which is having everybody globally on the same page at the same time. The major benefit that we have realized is how quick and accurate the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes have become.

Adaptive Insights review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Great Reporting and Very Flexible"

What do you like best?

I love OfficeConnect! It has been a life saver for helping me automate my reports and getting them ready for by business partners after the month close process.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more tutorials on how to use OfficeConnect because I feel like I'm just scratching the surface. I'm sure there is much more in terms of functionality that I have no idea even exists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just use duct tape reports. The tool is extremely robust. Make sure you know it inside and out and you can automate a lot of reporting to maximize your time understanding your business rather than spending time generating reports.

We use Adaptive for our budgeting, forecasting, and internal reporting of financial metrics. It's super flexible and can be customized exactly to our business which makes all of the reports super relevant and valuable.

Adaptive Insights review by Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

"Great tool for budgeting and forecasting"

What do you like best?

Adaptive Insights has made our budgeting and forecasting process much more automated and easier. We found that the tool is very scalable and can easily adapt to a growing business. Additionally, the version control allows us to do an easy comparison between different sets of data like actuals vs forecast and sensitivity analysis.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards feature “Discovery” is very limited and is not very user friendly. You require additional training to be able to create reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adaptive Insights is a great tool for budgeting and forecasting, it can easily adapt to a growing business. My recommendation is to make sure to document all your current processes and business structure before the start of the implementation of the system.

- Accountability across the organization

- Every department contributing to the budget

- Easy monitoring of the forecast

- Automated reporting

Adaptive Insights review by Carlton Y.
Carlton Y.

"Great for forecasting and budgeting"

What do you like best?

I like that it aids in our budgeting process. Adaptive Insights is helpful for accounting and P&L statements from a big picture standpoint. When you need to see your overall profit or revenue statements, it's good. When you need to drill down to find exactly what's in each cell, it becomes much harder.

What do you dislike?

Setting up reports initially can be time consuming, and requires a lot of assistance from the vendor. I wish more users could access it for our work group. We have additional users that need to have access for budgeting purposes, but it is cost prohibitive to add them on to the package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Adaptive Insights as it's good for forecasting based on revenue and expenditure. You can easily customize and the options to import and export is pretty easy. You can easily export to Microsoft Excel.

We were able to better forecast for a large multi-affiliate company. I really appreciated that Adaptive Insights made forecasting so easy. I liked that we could have every department contribute to the forecast and have it all roll into one easy to read report.

Adaptive Insights review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Powerful software for budget forecasting and advanced modeling, our single source of truth."

What do you like best?

Excellent customer experience from the start. My Sales Rep, Customer Success Managers, and even the Adaptive Insights finance team have been able to help me and set me up with the tools to succeed. I have been able to take my excel models which were becoming cumbersome and error prone and migrate them into a streamlined relational database. Implementing Adaptive has allowed my to drive change across the business and bring our departments together.

What do you dislike?

Office Connect will not work on Macs which is what most of my company uses. Steep learning curve with limited free training materials. Saving and loading sheets can be slow sometimes. Like most powerful software, users will only get out the effort they invest. Organizations unwilling to dedicate the time needed to set up the system structure and bring together key stakeholders will not gain the full value of Adaptive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are ready to commit the time and resources to make the implementation work. If you do you will be well rewarded.

One Issue included separate systems used by each departments that were not connected. Finance would have conflicting information with Sales and Support. Now our systems are integrated and we are reviewing the same data.

Another issue was maintenance of Excel models. Previously making changes was time consuming and error prone. Now we can have separate versions of plans to allow for quick changes

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"easy to use "

What do you like best?

cloud based self taught easier based on other software I have used.in fact all my staff we have not had formal training and was able to figure out relatively easy which makes it a good tool to use. I was actually surprised at the ability to do the financial planning portion.

What do you dislike?

not as flexible ; need to have integration with netsuite easier. this is the part for some reason we were not able to figure out but it is on my to do list to contact adaptive to figure out how to integrate because in this newer version the adaptive is directly integrated into netsuite and you don't have to log in separately to activate Adaptive. if connected then we don't have to download any data and re upload again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you need to be somewhat tech savvy in order t odo this.

consolidation multiple management reports. when we create comparative reports the abiity to slice and dice and multi dimensional is quite amazing, I would say it is better than hyperion.

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Fantastic Product And Vendor Support, But Invest The Time And Resources"

What do you like best?

The flexibility offered by this product is amazing, it allows you to build a model that suits your business needs. Regardless of HOW you do business, Adaptive supports this as you create your own structure, custom accounts, and cost drivers, and then consolidate the data to reports and dashboards,

Implementing Adaptive for our budgeting was a game changer, it put the data in the hands of the budget owners. As budgets changed throughout the iterative process, we knew that we were always looking at the most up-to-date version by running a single report - no more manual reconciliations / updates.

What do you dislike?

Because the software is so flexible, you have to be very careful when creating formulas and building reports that you are capturing all of the information. While it is easy to segment a particular set of data, it is also easy to leave that out if you do not understand the structure and connections within the various moving pieces. Take the time to plan your organization and account structure, and really take the time to understand it, and you will be fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can, meet some customers in your industry who use Adaptive already. Now, we are in contact with another organization who went live before we did, and we have helped each other to build tools and reports and address challenges that apply to both companies. It would have been great to learn about some of the challenges up front and how we could have addressed some of the shortcomings of our other software, or with a change to our configuration before implementing. And again, take the time to first review your financial planning and reporting processes and figure out how you can improve them using the new system, rather than trying to fit Adaptive to your "current state".

We have gained major efficiencies in our annual budget process - cutting down time spent consolidating budgets or getting the data in to the right format for different stakeholders. This allows our Finance team to spend more time on analysis and strategy than data entry. In addition, with the ability to have different versions, we have moved to a more frequent forecasting schedule, which allows us to keep a better eye on how we are tracking and manage risk.

Adaptive Insights review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"Why we love Adaptive"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the fact that we have eliminated Excel spreadsheet and the hours and weekends spending just consolidating the numbers. We can now validate information by having actuals loaded and comparing where our expenses are increasing with the ability to provide commentary.

What do you dislike?

Adaptive is such a powerful tool that can do so much and we just don't have the time to get the most out of it as we would like. There are some functionality that is missing, but the product forums make it easy to post enhancements and to see if others have the same frustrations and if the fix will be coming in the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go with an Adaptive implementer - we used a third party and found ourselves having to re do some of the setup because it did not meet our reporting needs. Explain what type of reporting and down to what level you want to see your budget at because it does make a difference.

One of the benefits comes from the build of our Revenue model. we have a bottom up approach where we budget fees by consultant that roll up to a practice, office, and region and when top down goals are set, it is easy to see which office or practice is lacking. There is no more hiding - everything becomes transparent. Budgeting with Adaptive easily allows us to quantify the impact of bonuses, merits, and any other expense possible.

Adaptive Insights review by Alex H.
Alex H.

"Adaptive Makes Planning Easy"

What do you like best?

Adaptive is user-friendly and enables you to do things that you only dreamed about doing ten years previous. It brings all of our reporting into one place and keeps everything tied together.

What do you dislike?

For certain procedures and sheets with lots of rows, Adaptive can take a while to load. Hopefully the new elastic hypercube will overcome those speed limitations

Adaptive makes budgeting and forecasting simple. Furthermore, it enables us to continually save off new versions as our circumstances demand and then compare past versions with our current models. This dynamic nature of planning has really helped us dial in our communication with business partners and made forecasting an integral part of everyone's job - not just finance.

Adaptive Insights review by Jonny L.
Jonny L.

"Adaptive is a MUST for FP&A"

What do you like best?

I like how complex Adaptive is but also how simple it is at the same time. If you master Adaptive you are invaluable to a company; however, most people won't master it, but will still want to analyze the sheets/reports. I enjoy knowing how to create those reports and giving critical information to executives in a way which they can interpret the data easily and make informed business decisions.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to get training on how to do things in Adaptive. It would be a lot easier to learn if there were free videos available to take me through how to do everything from start to finish.

Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Personnel Sheets

Adaptive Insights review by James F.
James F.

"Fantastic once you set it up"

What do you like best?

Excellent as a reporting tool when used in conjunction with Office Connect, strong forecasting ability when you set up the individual sheets with your own business driver, it enables rolling / continuous forecasting as you can automatically add actuals to a current forecast or budget, cloud access is very helpful for world wide users and different computers, i.e. can login from anywhere at any time without the need for a VPN etc.

What do you dislike?

Quite complicated to set up initially, definitely need to use the professional services team at Adaptive, licence fees are quite expensive, reporting building tool could be better, limited ability to 'freeze' budgets i.e. if you change underlying infrastructure this could affect past budgets (seems like a basic function needed in a forecasting tool),

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build the software in partnership with Adaptive, start to learn how the infrastructure/formulas work as soon as possible as it make your understanding of the product so much better.

Multi entity reporting and forecasting. Enabled much faster reporting and also less errors in both forecasting and reporting.

Adaptive Insights review by Joey P.
Joey P.

"Perfect tool for FP&A"

What do you like best?

Adaptive Insights is very user friendly. It made our annual budgeting process so much easier than it has been in years past. I like how easily all of our analysts are able to simultaneously work on the same model and forecasts. Great tool!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here. I wish they included more basic data visualization with the basic package however.

Adaptive Insight's OfficeConnect product has been extremely useful and saved our team lots of valuable time updating slides during our month end business reviews. We highly recommend!

Version Control is another strength of Adaptive Insights. With the numerous versions we work it, Adaptive makes it extremely easy to collaborate especially during budget season.

Adaptive Insights review by Doris C.
Doris C.

"The best CPM cloud solution"

What do you like best?

First, it's very easy to use and update, then the flexibility is amazing. You can design whatever you imagine and without IT help. The what-if scenarios capability is one of its major strengths. You can budgeting and forecasting as easy as yo can think. The reporting capability is very easy to use and very flexible.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the granularity could be weekly. Now, the more detailed level we can get is monthly but in some cases we need a deeper level.

The graphics you can get with Adaptive Plannig are very poor. I know that I can use Discovery for that purpose, but it cost separatly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend the use of Adaptive if you are searching an CPM tool. I've worked with other vendors and definitely Adaptive is better in use and flexibility

The monthly control. The monthly forecast.

Reporting tool is one of the best that I've could test.

Adaptive Insights review by Lenny W.
Lenny W.

"Working with Adaptive Insights is a breeze"

What do you like best?

What I like best is:

1. Instant consolidation of all departments, companies, and accounts

2. Version control

3. Security control

4. Ease in reporting

5. OfficeConnect makes customized format reporting a lot easier

What do you dislike?

The following areas need to be improved:

1. Formulas have to be set up one-by-one. For thousands of formulas, that is a lot of work. Need to have some way of setting up formulas by batch, e.g. importing formulas from Excel file, just like importing levels, accounts, and assumptions.

2. Documentation is a challenge.

We used Adaptive Insights for budgeting purpose. It is easy to train, use, maintain, and what's more, quick to get the final results. Also it is time saving to generate high-level executive summary from the system.

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Adaptive Insights"

What do you like best?

Easy to integrate with ERP such as SAP thanks to their API interface. Importing to Adaptive is smooth and easy to configure. Also when exporting to another application is needed, well suited interfaces can be built to fulfill any needs.

After our migration to SAP, we tried to change our organisational e-structure and move some cost centers from a level folder to another. That causes a loss of historical data and until today I am not sure if there is a safe way to do something like that.

What do you dislike?

The formatting of the built-in reports can be improved. Also the Dashboard options have room for improvement

Adaptive is being used across a department within one of our Divisions. Adaptive allows us to prepare and project our monthly Forecast and annual Budget. The Adaptive built-in reports are key for our department to analyse the evolution of our forecast and the comparison with our budget.

Furthermore it gives you a tool to control the projection of our intercompany recharges.

Adaptive Insights review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Best Budgeting System"

What do you like best?

I love that Adaptive is cloud based and flexible so it can be owned by FP&A without relying on the IT Department's limited resources. Finance users and budget managers can access it easily through the web interface. It can be implemented quickly and can evolve with the changing needs of the organization.

What do you dislike?

The multi-currency functionality needs some improvement - it is difficult to report constant currency and there are limitations to multi-currency balance sheets and consolidations. But overall, especially for single-currency organizations, it's a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adaptive is a great product. It is flexible and user friendly. It does have some limitations in multi-currency, but I believe those will be addressed eventually.

My company was using a budget system that did not meet our needs at all. It had to be individually installed on user's computers, it was nearly impossible to update and manage, and the interface wasn't intuitive. We reverted to Excel for a time, but as analysts spent most of our time linking spreadsheets and validating versions. Once we got Adaptive, the department focus shifted from tactical to strategic. Adaptive was adopted organization-wide, so managers could log in, do their budgeting and see their actual results every month. FP&A was then able to spend time analyzing results and trends rather than linking sheets.

I loved the system so much, I wound up leaving FP&A and becoming an Adaptive partner.

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

1. User friendly - The user interface is quite user friendly, do not feel over engineered or clunky to use at all.

2. Formulas are dynamic - Instead of changing, moving, altering excel formula, adaptive made it easy

What do you dislike?

As a IBM Cognos TM1 user for years, I got used to upload numbers to the system by using formulas in excel. Adaptive certainly has lots of advantage over TM1, however, having the same expectation learning about adaptive, was surprised that it is not an option so far.

Data / Formula upload function - if data / formula can be uploaded through excel spreadsheet, it will save lots of headache going through manual process

Lots of financial forecast, modeling, and dashboard. Saved lots of headache transiting to adaptive as it is not excel based or taking lots of data storage. It does not have the issues with big excel sheet like linking to numerous instances, changing or moving formulas when needed...

Adaptive Insights review by Claire P.
Claire P.

"Adaptive is amazing for non-profits"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Adaptive is actually a few things. I love that it can be completely customized for the unique details of your company, i love that it is powerful enough to plan by 5 different segments, and I LOVE that it saves me time. However, its best feature is that it has an incredibly simple user interface that anyone in your organization can learn.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I have encountered is that the lowest level of detail is monthly. That may be fine for planning but it isn't great for reporting or dashboards. They do provide daily detail in Discovery enterprise but I would really like them to add it to the regular suite.

I will add that they have a very responsive product team and they are constantly updating and improving the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to others looking at Adaptive is to ask questions, dream big and be prepared to view the budget planning and reporting process differently. Adaptive is a whole new ballgame-don't limit yourself before you even get off the bench.

I would also strongly recommend that you purchase the complete Adaptive Suite and not just planning. It make a lot of difference to the overall usefulness as they complement each other.

We began to look at planning and reporting software because we needed a system that could handle extensive cost allocations, multiple budget versions, varied organizational structures and provide us with TIMELY and powerful reporting, drill down and analysis. Adaptive has delivered on all fronts.

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Saving time and getting people involved"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create new sheets and make updates to an existing forecast. I have also been surprised by the amount of support Adaptive provides. When I submit a support ticket, I know that someone will be working on the issue within a couple of hours and will keep you updated on the solution. Adaptive is also building a great network for Adaptive users to communicate and brainstorm together. Its been very helpful to get to know other users and learn their best practices.

What do you dislike?

Some of the admin functions could be updated, I always struggle to find where to update which levels should be shown on sheets or organizing my levels.

Adaptive has streamlined our budgeting process. Instead of having multiple spreadsheets floating around, then having to compile all those spreadsheets to form a budget, our entire budget is housed in Adaptive. Since Adaptive is so easy to use/update we can make changes to our budget and produce updated financials in seconds. It is really making the process faster and giving us more time to get more input from other departments.

Adaptive Insights review by Harry V.
Harry V.

"Great Business Tool"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of Adaptive allows us to use it in many ways in our business. Budgeting, forecasting, analysis of the business, creating "what if" scenarios for business change, etc.

What do you dislike?

It is so flexible and does so much it takes training & experience to become an effective user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I truly believe anyone who is seeking a flexible and relatively easy to use model will find this to be later ranked by them as one of the best choices they made for their business. A very flexible tool that gives great visibility to the organization.

I cannot say enough about how Adaptive has been a truly effective budgeting, planning & forecasting tool. Because we get our staff involved at a detail level it makes the staff more accountable. They see issue quickly and can take action sooner to resolve those issues. Additionally we use Adaptive for "what if" analysis. Before we add a business segment or make a business change we use Adaptive to test the assumptions with our live data. We can vet a project or business change with a minimum of disruption and personnel involvement.

Adaptive Insights review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Making Forecasting & Budgeting Fun Again"

What do you like best?

I like having a common interface to gather forecast/budget data with formulas that work. Once you are comfortable with the formulas and model you have built updating and seeing the impact is quick and easy. What might have taken hours using spreadsheets only takes a few minutes with Adaptive. Adaptive is constantly updating their product with new features based on customer feedback. I also like having the ability to not have IT involved and upload my data using an Excel interface.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes regarding Adaptive. Most of the items such as being able to compare versions of forecast on the screen, ability to add GL detail to accounts, and a slick reporting tool (OfficeConnect) have been added over the last year or so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have a champion of the product like any other initiative. You get out what you put into it. Once implemented you find or should find that you constantly tweak and add to the model to refine your data and get the output and accuracy you strive for.

We keep our forecast constantly updated and have our sales people involved in contributing and inputting information into Adaptive. We have been involved in various sales transactions where we were sold over the last three years two different times. Adaptive was key to helping prepare our sale material and adapting our model to the needs of our various owners. We also do percentage of completion accounting have built a model that addresses the balance sheet, cash flow and income statement related to this type of accounting.

Adaptive Insights review by Jason T.
Jason T.

"Adaptive Planning Review"

What do you like best?

The system is very flexible and user friendly. Incorporating new organizations, accounts or elements into the model is easy. Adaptive has also rolled out new features that are valuable on a routine basis. The adaptive office connect for excel add-in has been an invaluable tool for our team.

What do you dislike?

Adaptive doesn't have a mobile app yet for the planning modules

We leverage adaptive for management reporting, budgeting, forecating and long term planning. Using adaptive reduces the amount of time we spend managing data and allows us to spend more time on analysis. We do a lot of what-if analysis and adaptive is a great platform to facilitate running multiple scenarios

Adaptive Insights review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Agile Reporting System for FP&A"

What do you like best?

Increases transparency within in the business as department heads can log in to see reports. In addition, the systems allows a lot of flexibility to create dynamic reports.

What do you dislike?

The flexibility of the system is a benefit, but also creates issues when tying back to original input source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A successful implementation will help reporting and transparency, ensuring the business is trained. Office Connect is a great tool as well

Financial reporting and timeliness of month close process has improved drastically. We have saved time and reduced mistakes as a business.

Adaptive Insights review by Sandy A.
Sandy A.

"Modeling and Planning made easy!"

What do you like best?

How versatile and fast modeling and forecasting has become! You can create monthly forecasts very quickly and implement changes to forecasts based on business information instantaneously.

What do you dislike?

I would very much like to see Adaptive connect to Salesforce. I believe this is something that the Adaptive team is working on. At the moment we have to reconcile the differences between the two platforms monthly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work in FP&A, this tool is a must! I have used TM1, AMB, and Excel in the past for budgeting, and Adaptive is by far the best tool I've used. It is fast, versatile, and agile.

The ability to make tighter forecasts. Due to how little time it takes to update and create new forecasts, we are able to spend more time doing variance analysis and less time checking formulas and making sure everyone is using up-to-date versions.

Adaptive Insights review by Jessalyn K.
Jessalyn K.

"Not as user friendly as I would like it to be."

What do you like best?

The attractive features are the ability to share reports. One of our most frequently used reports is the monthly financials by department. It allows us to view the actuals monthly vs. your budget.

What do you dislike?

Clicking on the actuals from the reports, it is a struggle to view the transactions each time. In addition, the filter feature does not work well. I hate not having the ability to use my back button on IE.

We went from Great Plains to this program.

Adaptive Insights review by Scott K.
Scott K.

"Great Cloud based solution"

What do you like best?

We are currently 2 months into the implementation of Adaptive Insights, and it looks like it is a great product. We have been able to create connections to multiple disparate databases and integrate our data into one source for forecasting. Just bringing all of our data together into one system for forecasting has been huge. We are in the middle of creating our model, and everything works smoothly and is very user friendly. This appears to have been the solution we've been looking for.

What do you dislike?

Even though the system is user friendly, there is still a learning curve- especially with learning how to get data from multiple sheets to talk to each other. That being said- as we have been getting over that learning curve, the system is powerful and seems to work great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo of the software. The demos are really helpful to see what the software is capable of and whether it is the right fit for your organization.

Our company was looking for a good cloud based budgeting/forecasting solution that allowed for driver-based forecasting and modelling. We had existing models in Excel, but they were getting to the point that they were difficult to maintain and make changes to. They also didn't allow for much collaboration across the company. Adaptive Insights looks like it will fix all of that.

Adaptive Insights review by Bob K.
Bob K.

"Adaptive Insights is Great!"

What do you like best?

Cloud based - one version of the truth, a single system available to all parts of organization dynamically

Ease of use and maintain - all information related to the planning and reporting process is available

Design flexibility - easy to setup from scratch and allows for very complex modeling environments

Secure - access to sensitive data like salaries and assumptions are limited

Interface familiarity - spreadsheet interface benefits "approachability" for CPM technology

Cost effective - quick deployment and roll-out to organizations; reduces need for expensive new ERPs

Excellent support - quick turnaround for technical questions and general support issues

Happy clients - I enjoy implementing applications that address my customers problems and they like to use!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a bundling of the various aspects of the application (Integration, Discovery) so those features/capabilities are available together as part of the same Planning package. Doing this would allow for more integrated reporting and enhanced user interface/experience by allowing the admin to design mixed mode (text, numbers, graphics) reporting online on a single page for greater interaction and response.

I'd also like to see Cube Sheets and Modeled Sheets reengineered to reduce user (and designer) confusion over when and how to use each of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution to consider when selecting a CPM tool for your organization or business.

I've solved business modeling and data integration with disparate databases like ERP/CRM products, financial planning and analysis reporting processes, C level reporting and ad hoc analysis, accounting consolidations, M&A valuation and integration, sales reporting and analysis and HR reporting and analysis problems.

Greater planning and reporting flexibility at lower cost of ownership. Customers have been able to replace massive numbers of spreadsheets with Adaptive, reducing errors and improving communications within the organization.

Adaptive Insights review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Adaptive Insights has been a game changer"

What do you like best?

Adaptive Insights has done wonders for us in terms of ease of sharing budgets and actuals and especially version control. Excel was usually fine for us for the initial budget version, but things would start to fall apart as soon as it was time for revisions or once the budget was approved and we wanted to do forecasts. Adaptive Insights has reduced the time and effort to update and share the necessary info for staff at both the summary and detail levels. It's been a real game changer for us.

What do you dislike?

Creating formulas is not particularly intuitive and definitely requires training or consultant support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basic functionality is pretty intuitive, but you will likely need some consulting help for implementation.

Our turnaround times on budgeting have been greatly reduced. The ability for staff to drill down into actuals detail on prior years has made it much easier for them to gain a point of reference when creating the current year's department budget. Sharing whatever data we want with management has become much easier.

Adaptive Insights review by Chutima B.
Chutima B.

"User-friendly and able to facilitate needs"

What do you like best?

Have custom account for analytics. Easy to use especially for those without Excel knowledge

What do you dislike?

Can't just simply hide rows like Excel

Report on Adaptive itself is very poor / bad format, and it forces us to buy add-on product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need well-thought on planning set up. It's hard to change certain feature once it's all up.

Ease of use for non-tech people or those with little knowledge of Excel

Cloud feature helps back-end process - instant update from fields to corporate

Adaptive Insights review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"Power User/Admin Gives Two Thumbs Up! Life changing in FP&A"

What do you like best?

The best parts of the software are the ease to use, the ability to share information with budget owners, the scalability of models, and the ability to have many active versions at once.

What do you dislike?

The software is built to operate based on a geographically specific company setup, meaning you have different Geos. It would be nice if there was a reporting structure option. It is possible to do, but you lose some of the automatic functionality for uploading actuals, etc.

The Planning product makes it easy to get out of your own way when modeling, and distributing information. In addition, the seamless integration between our accounting software and Adaptive makes updating for actuals, and then having the forecast update based on those actuals as easy as a few clicks. This saves time, and allows me to focus on perfecting our model, and not troubleshooting.

Adaptive Insights review by David D.
David D.

"Great Collaborative Software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to gather, audit, and lock down inputs from key contributors. It was also very easy to create multiple versions and scenarios. Being able to give access to our users in all our sites was also very nice seeing how it is SaaS based.

What do you dislike?

Took a while before we were able to get it to sync up with our ERP system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is large enough to warrant needing a tool to help you collaborate better when planning, and will provide the resources to get it implemented correctly and connected to your ERP, then Adaptive is a great tool to use.

Shorting the time it takes to build out the annual budget initially. Then hopefully turn it into a rolling plan, rather than a once a year plan.

Adaptive Insights review by Drew B.
Drew B.

"Best forecasting tool I've used"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite new features is version comparison - the ability to see up to 3 versions side by side for customized time periods.

What do you dislike?

Some of the links between formulas and assumptions can get tough to follow, especially when sheets were created by employees that no longer work for the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is relies heavily on NetSuite and/or SalesForce, Adaptive Planning integrates well with both (and likely others, too).

We use Adaptive for budgeting, reporting, forecasting, revenue tracking, headcount, etc. It integrates well with NetSuite.

Adaptive Insights review by Timothy B.
Timothy B.

"The product is easy to learn and easy to report on"

What do you like best?

I like how adaptive it is. You can easily change things and track those changes. It is easy to learn and easy to explain to people. It really helps to cut down on user error. You can build formulas into the lines to carry out the expenses into future years appropriately.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could build formulas easy and inflation easier into my expenses but I probably haven't come across it yet. I miss some things that excel offers but that is about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

Ability to build a more comprehensive plan to manage finances. I have really liked the excel add-in that is available, office connect, that allows you to put reports and pull financials.

Adaptive Insights review by Marvin H.
Marvin H.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Fast and flexible, easy to customize, great interface. Saves a tremendous amount of time. Very easy to implement/set up.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to find something to dislike. Integration with Google Sheets/Slides would be a nice addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

Planning and forecasting. Adaptive allows us to plan and forecast at a much greater level of detail in very little time.

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Adaptive is Great!!"

What do you like best?

The implementation is very quick and easy. We were up and running in a matter of weeks. The system is easy to use and change.

What do you dislike?

Although the system is easy to figure out, some of the training manuals need to be improved. Sometimes they don't explain the concept but provide an example to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really good solution if you want the office of the CFO to be self-sufficient. There is very little need for IT involvement and is extremely simple to implement and administer.

I needed to provide daily information, metrics, and financials in an easy to use environment. Our financial performance has improved because of the increased visibility we have through Adaptive.

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Adaptive Insights has changed the way I budget and forecast"

What do you like best?

It's easy to learn and use and gives us the ability to drive our monthly forecasts using key performance indicators. I love the fact that it allows us to have and maintain one version of the truth. Everyone see's the same data I'm seeing so there is easier dissemination of that truth.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to find something that I dislike about the product, but if I had to find something I wish were better, it would likely be the formulas, which use terms that are often foreign to our new users. The learning cycle could be shortened if we could use the formulas from excel, which we are all comfortable with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has tightened up our budgeting and forecasting activity to the point that we no longer dread or panic when we prepare or budgets each year. Our customers have a better view of where they are headed given their current trajectory. They can now take action to keep us on track to meet or exceed our target. Adaptive Discovery helps us to present the most current actual and forecast data in a pictorial view that engages our leadership and helps them to make better operational decisions. The ability to view data across months and years, and compare our actual to different versions like our Static Budget, and our Rolling Forecast, has made the data much more useful for our leadership.

With Adaptive, I am better able to budget and forecast using consistent, accurate financial data, tied to operational metrics that drive our business. Management is a key participant in the process,management can

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Nice, flexible product"

What do you like best?

The product has high flexibility and customizability. I am learning that it also has some cool export/import features and an excel add-in that makes it a lot easier to integrate and automate. In general, it is a robust tool that allows me to design my own forecasting and budgeting process from the ground up.

What do you dislike?

The UI seems pretty dated. It's hard to have to go to each sub-level and have to refresh at each change. For example, to change an accounts forecast, I have to go to COS, make edits, save, go to Revenue, make edits save, and then check the final output to see if what I did had the desired effect. You can mitigate this somewhat with linking but I'd like to see faster loading between these sheets or easier navigation between sublevels of the same level. Maybe a side-by-side option where you can see what changes to rollup will occur with changes to a level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read over the user guides and tips. There is a lot of functionality that is hard to find on your own and that isn't readily apparent.

Forecasting, budgeting, tracking KPIs. I have been able to identify core business driving KPIs, report on them, suggest actionable items and track the success of these initiatives on a KPI-level.

Adaptive Insights review by Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

"A game changer for corporate FP&A"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to quickly and easily update any small input (e.g. change in headcount), and immediately see the effect flow through the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.

What do you dislike?

The visualization tool Discovery lacks some basic customization features, though the majority is extremely useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just use Planning--also us Office Connect, Integration, and even Discovery. It is well worth the cost.

I am trying to forecast all accounting statements for the whole company, and provide strategically focused results, as efficiently as possible. Adaptive has helped me stay organized, work quickly, and provide clean and understandable results to management.

Adaptive Insights review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Best Budgeting and Financial Reporting Tool on the Market"

What do you like best?

Let's be clear hear...I've used many CPM tools over the last 6 years (Prophix, Axiom, Host, BI360, etc.). I am a consultant who implements these tools. Adaptive consistently ranks #1 in my books and for my clients. It is very similar to Host, but certainly better than the alternatives. It's ease of use for both me and my customers is what I like best. My customers learn the tool very fast and are off using it without much more needed support from me.

What do you dislike?

It is not a BI tool, it's ability to bring in gobs of unstructured operational data with varying time periods is not a strength. If you need a BI tool, don't count on Adaptive for this. A lot of customers have both Adaptive and a BI tool. Adaptive is (in my opinion) strictly for budgeting and financial reporting (yes, you can do some operational reporting)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool for budgeting and financial reporting (with small amounts of operational reporting)

1. Time savings!!! This is #1, it will speed up your time for budget and reporting preparation. That means you get more time to spend on analysis and actually drive some value!

2. Reduction in errors - getting out of spreadsheets eliminates the constant concern of errors and puts trust in your data source.

Adaptive Insights review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"Great Functionality and Breadth of Features, Very Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Great overall experience, has met or exceeded all of our budgeting/forecasting, modeling, reporting, and planning needs

What do you dislike?

Would like the capability to print reports directly to board quality PDFs from the reporting engine

We solve all of our budgeting, planning, rolling forecasting, scenario planning, reporting and variance analysis needs with Adaptive

Adaptive Insights review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Assistant Controller"

What do you like best?

The cloud-based platform that allows all departmental managers to maintain and update their group's forecasted data in real time.

What do you dislike?

The "drill into transactions" feature (for example, on an expense line-item on the income statement) can only be used for one cell at a time. It opens the detail in a new tab, but you cannot have more than one of these tabs open at a time.

The budget/planning process is phenomenally more stream-lined and Adaptive has removed a lot of the historic version-control issues associated with this process in the past.

Learn more about Adaptive Insights

Adaptive Insights Videos

Learning about Adaptive Insights?

* We monitor all Adaptive Insights reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.