AddSearch

AddSearch is a site search that helps your website visitors find what they want - instantly, accurately, and visually.

Work for AddSearch?

Learning about AddSearch?

AddSearch Reviews

Ask AddSearch a Question
Showing 20 AddSearch reviews
AddSearch review by User

"Great and very fast website search"

What do you like best?

AddSearch is a very affordable product, it is fast and provides instant search results + preview of the pages. When Google stopped their commercial website search product, AddSearch has proven for us to be a great alternative.

What do you dislike?

Hardly anything. I found it easy to set up. If there is anything to dislike, I would say I only miss some more customization possibilities. I am aware that the API probably provides more possibilities, but it could sometimes be handy if some specific page search results could be 'overruled' with a more customized preview. In addition it would be nice if you would have the possibility to set one or two customized previews as 'suggested' links to the user. Such 'fixed' previews could for example be used for marketing of new products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend to at least try out this product. I think it is a great affordable solution for any website that wants to integrate a fast and instant search.

We have many pages on our website with an extensive amount of information on many of them. AddSearch does a great job to index these pages and make the website a great user experience for our (potential) customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AddSearch
AddSearch review by Agency
Agency

"AddSearch saved us"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup. After Google ended support for their search product, we had to migrate a couple hundred clients to AddSearch. The setup was very easy which made the transition very smooth.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there were only a few minor things that were not available early in our partnership with AddSearch, but those things have since been added. They are so great to work with, and go above and beyond to help make sure things are working. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to get ahold of support because of the time difference. However, they almost always respond within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying! We vetted several companies and are very happy with our decision!

The surpasses the features available with Google Search. Being able to do on-demand indexing and URL removal has been a huge factor in client success, as we don't have to wait for days to pull in new content or remove old. The AddSearch team has done an amazing job working with us to come up with a solution that will fit our clients' needs.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

AddSearch review by Fabrizio M.
Fabrizio M.

"Very good site search"

What do you like best?

I have integrate AddSearch site search after 'google site search' service has been suspended.

It was extremely easy and fast to setup and install into our website structure.

It has great thumbnails and really seems to search in a smart, intuitive way that far exceeds our previous site search.

Very good customer service, Multilanguage and good price.

What do you dislike?

none, every time i had problems, the customer service provide me very excellent support.

AddSearch review by Philippe B.
Philippe B.

"Perfect fit for NationBuilder websites"

What do you like best?

We found a perfect match for providing search and replacing Google Custom search on our multiple NationBuilder websites. AddSearch is lightning fast and easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit challenging to customise the AddSearch solution to work on multiple sites with one account. However, we did manage to find a solution in the end.

Thanks to AddSearch we were able to replace Google Custom search which was terminating service. We are now able to provide fast and reliable site search across our different Nations.

AddSearch review by Aku S.
Aku S.

"Single site search for 2 sites. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and customer service. Addsearch answere questions fast and it was easy to customize using css.

What do you dislike?

The product could be easier to embed to a site. It's not too difficult but could be closer to the more popular embeded services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy to use. Fairly easy to start .

We had a problem finding a proper search engine for our insite search. Addsearch worked very well with this

AddSearch review by Shawn H.
Shawn H.

"AddSearch Saved Me"

What do you like best?

Over a year ago when Google shutdown their Google Custom Search, I found myself needing to find a site search partner for about 30 websites I manage. AddSearch was the best fit of all the options I reviewed.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints. If anything AddSearch has some minor issues on deep pages with querystrings, but most of my dev has moved in a different direction, so it isn't much of a conceer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. Set up is a breeze.

On many of my sites, AddSearch helps bring deep medical content to a more usable structure.

AddSearch review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Excellent Choice for Site Search"

What do you like best?

The service that was provided helping me customize my implementation.

What do you dislike?

nothing really, it did what I needed it to fairly easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it - you'll like it

replaced the google custom site search that I was running. Providing my visitors with an easy way to find whatever they are looking for.

AddSearch review by Andrea M.
Andrea M.

"The easy way to install add search"

What do you like best?

The easy way to install this plugin with bootstrap

What do you dislike?

I dislike the enterprice price plan... i need it, but it cost so much and it is not really cheaper than i expect

My benefits:

- research in differents website

- know the most popolar kewyord

- good assistence

AddSearch review by User

"A good product, a bit expensive for our needs"

What do you like best?

I like that it works quickly and shows images in the search results

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit high for the number of pages on our website.

We needed people to be able to quickly find stuff on our website. I don't think we get TOO much use out of it but a lot of our donors get frustrated if they can't find things so it provides insurance against that.

AddSearch review by Consultant

"Nice!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, high speed and has a very nice presentation of the search results. It also handles spelling mistakes quite well, which I think is very important for any search function. Overall, I would recommend this product to anybody looking for a very easy way to implement a search function on their homepage. I used Googles site search form many years, but AddSearch is better. Nice!

What do you dislike?

Price is a bit to high for a smaller business. I think the price tag should reflect on the usage volume (no. of searches), or minimum price should start at maybe 10$ per month.

Peace of mind.

AddSearch review by Administrator

"Great support and a helpful tool"

What do you like best?

The support is very helpful, especially when trying to customise to suit your needs

What do you dislike?

It can be a little static and rigid in terms of amendments

We have noticed that by using AddSearch we can provide an excerpt and further information based on our posts, more so than just simply the post title, thus enhancing the customer appreciation and interest in our content

AddSearch review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Quick, easy and helpful"

What do you like best?

Easy to install and support is quick and helpful

What do you dislike?

Stats dashboard does. It distinguish between sites

Removal of Google ads from site Search results

AddSearch review by Administrator

"Easy to setup, Very Good Search Solution"

What do you like best?

AddSearch was very easy to implement on our website and easy to configure. When I needed help with special situations, their support staff was always able to provide a solution.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about AddSearch

Web search for our online customers/visitors. This was a great replacement for Google Site Search

"Great plug-in"

What do you like best?

It was easy to integrate with our MODX platform and price is reas

What do you dislike?

No complaints, plug-in service have no issues and easy to use

Google search engine does not offer the services so need to find an alternative plug-in to be compatible with MODX platform

AddSearch review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great alternative for Google Site Search"

What do you like best?

Easy implementation, reasonable pricing, good display on the website

What do you dislike?

Sometimes crawling issues (you always need to enter metatag keywords to make it work), some features (localization) only available or activated on request or with additional costs.

Offering an internal site search for our corporate website.

AddSearch review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Quick and easy search function"

What do you like best?

Results appear quickly without the need for pressing enter and scrolling through pages of results

What do you dislike?

Took a few weeks to get support when we had issues recrawling our site

Reducing agent AHT in call centre

AddSearch review by Consultant

"Good.. but could be better"

What do you like best?

Quick start to habe a google like site search

What do you dislike?

No detailed informations about indexing process:

- state

- percentage of completion

Customer satisfaction not always positive.

AddSearch review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Value for money"

What do you like best?

This product is easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

There is still room for improvements in terms of search results affinity

Having a website content search

AddSearch review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"AddSearch Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in getting up and running with a solid replacement for Google CSE.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have more control of search index

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow resellers to brand the product with customer branding.

Allows us to provide our customers with an effective search with a good price point.

AddSearch review by Agency
Agency

"Great site search"

What do you like best?

Really like the ability to completely customise the results to match the site and the spidering of the contents of PDF documents.

What do you dislike?

Could be cheaper. The pricing for large sites is a little pricey

Really like this as an alternative to the now decommissioned Google custom site search

Learning about AddSearch?

* We monitor all AddSearch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.