AddThis

Increase engagement with personalized website marketing tools. Deliver the right message to the right person at the right time.

Work for AddThis?

Learning about AddThis?

AddThis Reviews

Ask AddThis a Question
Showing 13 AddThis reviews
AddThis review by <span>Emanuela C.</span>
Emanuela C.

"Addthis for a corporate website"

What do you like best?

The plugin of addthis is easy to implement on the website and allows to add sharing features to all pages in a quick way. We customized the design of the buttons, and we are also able to set the title, description and image that addthis should use (we used the Open Graph protocoll). The dashboard is easy to use and I can analyze main KPIs. I also receive email alert in case I can a spike traffic on the website.

What do you dislike?

Some customization are only available in the pro version, and I would like to have more KPIs on the dashboard.

The contents of my websites and blog are easy to be shared and I can have control on the contents that get a good number of shares.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AddThis
AddThis review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Add this- dont add this "

What do you like best?

I liked their pitch. their data seemed to be strong based on where their pixels are placed and how many sites they are collecting data from. I like their ability to run the data the collect in a self service capacity . their merge should help with some improvements down the road.

What do you dislike?

performance was not strong and the sales rep was CREEPY. performance on the data did not hold up to their promise. the set up was not easy and extremely delayed. Had syncing issues between DSP and Add This.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After getting acquired, they gave up. Add this does not have a strong self service platform and i need to rely on sales reps to build segments correctly . I had problems syncing their data to dsps as it took way longer than i had expected it to take based on how long competitors take to both build pools of audiences and port them over to a DSP on behalf of my client. Find less sketchy sales reps who are familiar with data as an industry.

i am looking for stronger data to target newer users in their platform. Fresh data allows us to target the most appropriately and give the most relevant ads and also collect the most relevant users bases

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

AddThis review by User in Computer Software

"Great social sharing tool"

What do you like best?

AddThis is an affordable tool for adding and tracking social sharing to your blog or website. My team uses it for a variety of different things, but I primarily focus on the social performance of our content and AddThis allows me to easily do so.

I love how simple the dashboard is and how easy it is to export CSV files to compare week over week performance.

What do you dislike?

AddThis meets my needs, there isn't really anything I dislike about the product. More social sharing features would be a nice addition, like the ability to create a click to tweet directly within the tool with customized verbiage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple and intuitive tool to track your social content sharing, this is the one for you. It's easy to use and isn't too obtrusive on your blog. You can also customize the look and feel of the buttons to something that suits your blog style.

We're trying to encourage and track social sharing on our blog. Since adding the AddThis buttons, we've seen an increase in the amount of social shares from our website.

AddThis review by <span>Jared D.</span>
Jared D.

"Addthis for Small Non-profit Website"

What do you like best?

Add this quickly allowed us to add sharing features to our website that fit well with the design and layout and didn't cost a ton of custom coding. I love the email updates I'll received from Addthis whenever there is a traffic spike on a certain page on my site or when visitors are coming to my site from another website at an unusually high rate. I also love to different Addthis tools/buttons that you can choose between which seems to be continuously growing.

What do you dislike?

They have many options to choose from for their tools, but I wish there were more types of buttons and more options to customize the colors, size, layout and types of buttons. I think Addthis is still focusing on being super easy and inexpensive to use so that they can attract more users, but I'm looking forward to them adding more of a selection of buttons and tools that can be customized for fit the layout, design and branding of users' sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would research others out there, but keep an eye on AddThis because they're a great option for the price and looks like they'll continue to offer more to users and advance their tools.

We're able to track analytics for different webpages to see where our traffic is coming from, what time of day, etc. We can grow our audience and make a better experience for our customers to share their campaigns with others and the causes they want their followers to support.

AddThis review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Easy to use,, but wish they was more wiggle room to stylize and set more rules"

What do you like best?

That it can easily be incorporated into your website. I like the analytics very much. I like being able to let people share what they see.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot control the layout of the text better, or the size of the banners. I wish there were more background images offered instead of the young and hip. I wish that you could time the banner to close after a few seconds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and implement right away

We are able to see what is popular with customers, and work with the landing page to optimize it if there are no sales, but lots of visibility.

AddThis review by User in Internet

"Great Social Sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

Add This is super easy to add your site with some simple javascript. You also get a great email every week that lets you know which posts are working and not in an easy to understand format. The buttons are attractive on your site and easy to place where you want them and even size them.

Another cool feature is that Add This only displays the social networks that you use the most. So people aren't seeing options that don't make sense for them.

What do you dislike?

You have to be a premium level to make custom modifications to the buttons or to have them be responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Add This creates value from the first day you implement it on your site. Simple and even adds a little 'professionalism' and 'bonus' to your site that sets it apart from competitors.

We are trying to drive more traffic via social media through a third-party. Add This makes it simple and easy for people to share it on their preferred network. When other people share it is authentic and doubles as a metric for measuring the most relevant content on your site. We can then create more meaningful content that will drive more engagement.

AddThis review by <span>Jeri L.</span>
Jeri L.

"Use this feature for my medical recruiting website and to track social media shares, follows, etc "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and to embed the code on my website. Like how you don't have to continually re embed the code, but it automatically changes on your website as you change it in the admin panel. Saves a lot of time and frustration!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, enjoy the software and all of its features

Social media presence with my medical recruiting jobs and candidate attraction

AddThis review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Ease to use, ease to implement and powerfull data mining tool"

What do you like best?

The widget is a powerful tool, it allows me to analyze data from social sharing and cross my campaigns, allowing me to know if my actions are reaching the segments I'm looking for. On top of that it is easy to use and allows you to make it available to the team. Great for UX teams and marketing people.

What do you dislike?

The only problem is that in the free version removes some tools that could be released with some restrictions, as is the case of button customization. But at no time is this a problem for the use of other free-to-use tools.

One of the problems solved was the constant creation (and maintenance) of new tools for sharing analysis. Also, with the AddThis I can cross-mine my data with Google's campaigns, effectively showing my content as well as email marketing campaigns.

AddThis review by <span>JT O.</span>
JT O.

"Executive Director Review"

What do you like best?

We are quickly able to add this tool to our webpages and it's very user-friendly. Different versions that we can embed make it very convenient for our different site needs.

What do you dislike?

The price structure per clicks and engagements is not preferred. Wish there was also more customization abilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out. Worth the investment to at least see if it fits your business goals. Very easy to use.

We're easily able to add social sharing elements to our web pages to encourage our audience to share.

AddThis review by <span>Ramón L.</span>
Ramón L.

"Add spice to your sire with AddThis"

What do you like best?

AddThis makes it easy to personalize buttons and contents for a webpage, with a variety of assets and social media support, it's a very handy tool to have sometimes for improving data sharing and dynamic content. Targeting is a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

Although there's varity. It could use a wider asset library and a bit more of customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomend to do a trial and try with all posible solutions, this way you will know if it's going to be worth for you to buy it.

Making special campaings for special targets get's easy when using AddThis.

AddThis review by <span>Dhaval S.</span>
Dhaval S.

"Share your content easily with Add this"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use. You dont have to learn different API or expert in source code development

What do you dislike?

It should have more control over some of the API's

Recommendations to others considering the product

More social networking control on the plugin.

It is making sharing of my content of my blog easily. I dont have to develop code for each social networking site and user can choose from variety of the social plugin.

AddThis review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Nice-looking tool"

What do you like best?

Great looking and relatively easy to install tool. Every website definitely needs a social media sharing/following buttons, so this free tool is a great choice.

What do you dislike?

The installation could have been easier. Apparently, I was missing some step in WordPress, but that wasn't really explained upfront, so I had to contact customer support. Still, for a free tool - great!

In this day and age, you can't really have a website that doesn't have any social sharing/following buttons - this is an easy way to fill that gap.

AddThis review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Simple plugin for social sharing"

What do you like best?

AddThis provides a relatively pain-free social sharing plug in that can connect with pretty much every website.

What do you dislike?

I've never really seen any sort of reason to upgrade to pro, other than deeper customization + analytics features. However, most folks won't need this.

If you're looking for an easy tool you can add to your site to get people to share your content, AddThis might be the way to go. Of course, you'll want to compare it to ShareThis and other solutions first.

Learning about AddThis?

* We monitor all AddThis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.