Administrator's Plus

Administrator's Plus

Administrator's PlusĀ® is our cloud-based student information system with integrated web gradebook and mobile-ready student and parent portals, all in one easy-to-use, affordable system.

Work for Administrator's Plus?

Learning about Administrator's Plus?

Administrator's Plus Reviews

Ask Administrator's Plus a Question
Showing 37 Administrator's Plus reviews
Administrator's Plus review by Donald N.
Donald N.

"Administrator's Plus"

What do you like best?

The ability to have a one-stop shop for our student information system. The use of PlusPortals, A+, Notify, FINACS, and Admissions Plus makes like a little easier. The customer service is great and they are very helpful plus they have a vast improvement in wait times for a representative. Also, love the fact they are fully cloud-based which means for us we can pull up information from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The creating reports without having to call for assistance and FINACS cumbersome at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the full package: Admissions Plus, PlusPortals, Notify, FINACS. Instead of having multiple systems just consolidate into one.

One problem we solved is the ability to notify parents from within Administrator's Plus. Before we purchased Notify, we had to export the call list to another system, now everything is done from within and makes it easier to use.

The benefits we realize is everything is in one place for storing grades, contacting parents, to printing reports, to have one system do all of these instead of piecing systems together is a very strong point.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Administrator's Plus
Administrator's Plus review by Jeremiah M.
Jeremiah M.

"A Complete Quite of Administrative Software for School"

What do you like best?

Houses an extremely large database of information for schools. Has many reporting features to extract many types of data and information.

What do you dislike?

The interface or GUI could be a little more user friendly, especially for people who have not have any real training on the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely complete suite of software, and would advise other schools to use as much of it as possible, including the Admissions piece. Does take some time to learn and could be a little complex depending on how far you are willing to dig into the modules of the software, but worth it in the end.

We use almost all of the module and in many ways that some schools do not. This is really the back bone of the info system of the school. Less time is spent not having to use many different parts and pieces of different software to collect and maintain our databases.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Administrator's Plus review by Jonathan J.
Jonathan J.

"The whole package"

What do you like best?

Rediker has the best customer service! Their products are really education focused, you can tell that they got their start in a school and they continue to build products that cater to every type of school and district. They are always willing to customize the software so that it works for you!

What do you dislike?

At times they can be a little behind their competitors, but that is expected with a smaller company, and it often leads to them releasing a product that is better than the competition at a fraction of the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This company is willing to customize as much as they can for you. They become family and are always a pleasure to work with.

Website and SIS integration, better data management for a growing school.

Administrator's Plus review by Kathy Z.
Kathy Z.

"Administrator's Plus is the best!"

What do you like best?

The best all in one management solution.

What do you dislike?

The yearly cost to maintian this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed if you selct Admn+. It is the best school management software available.

This program allows us to have all the information up-to-date and at our fingertips, We can also access information from past years. Everything we need is in one package. As an added bonus it integrates with our nurse's progam, SNAP.

The biggest benefit is their customer support. It outshines any company out there. Our questions are answered in a timely manner. Their training is superb and if they don't have an immediate resolution (which is rare), they take it to the next level or their upper support team. I have never been dissatisfied!

Administrator's Plus review by Conor M.
Conor M.

"Rediker Review"

What do you like best?

I do not have any issues with the interface of Admin Plus. That's a program I can navigate successfully without any issue. I have been able to create classes, assign students to those classes, print reports, all without issue.

What do you dislike?

I have a problem with the Admin Plus app. It's been unreliable. I've been asked to delete it on multiple occasions, reinstall it and have our Information and Data Specialist sync with Rediker, but even that hasn't been working. She has been working closely with the Rediker techs, and I know that they have been working on this, but the fact that it has been such a hassle makes me wish I hadn't even known about it in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Admin Plus. Just so you know, I would take a screen shot, but I'm typing this from my house and I can't access Admin Plus, so I can't upload it.

The iPhone app is an amazing idea if it works consistently. If and when it works reliably, then it will maximize my ability to communicate with parents and identify students quickly. Because I can't access my desktop's Admin Plus after school hours when I'm away from the office, if I'm able to access the student information from my phone, it makes things so much more efficient. Just the other night, I needed to contact a parent due to an emergency regarding their child that we had discovered through social media, but I couldnt't access the contact information. If my iPhone app had been working, that problem would ahve been solved immediately.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator

"Overall, the move to Rediker's suite of tools has improved our data support efforts."

What do you like best?

We have had great fortune with AdminPlus and TeacherPlus Portals. The flexibility and robustness of the systems have been a boon to our work. Users have -- overall -- had an easy adoption in our original years and as they have joined our corps.

What do you dislike?

The gradebook software is still running on older development and has led to some roadblocks, particularly in our adoption of the integrated standards-based gradebook. We also would like to see the development of an alert feature in the Discipline module, which is, arguably, the least liked module compared with the positive response of this module that our prior SIS received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company seems to be aware of and own the limitations of the software, and most of the concerns I have raised have either been addressed or under consideration in development already underway. The interface appeals to our users. Our data team appreciates the flexibility of the 250+ configurable fields and has learned to use the reporting tools. The training and customer support are among the best I have experienced.

We have adopted nearly the full suite of resources from Rediker. AdminPlus meets our state reporting needs and most of our internal data monitoring and data management needs. Our SIS feeds our meals and library software consistently and with few issues. We take regular advantage of the Clever export to integrate a number of instructional technology resources and also to generate CSV files for SFTP for additional integrations/daily uploads.

Administrator's Plus review by Barbara Z.
Barbara Z.

"Admin+ review"

What do you like best?

Rediker's customer support is like no other. They are very responsive and wonderful to work with. It is a much easier program to work with for someone who is a novice with Excel reports. It is important to know how to manipulate the data using pivot tables and incorporate that information into graphs (for example) to get the results needed for accurate reporting.

What do you dislike?

Which there was more flexibility in reporting. In an SQL environment, reporting and program changes maybe a little harder to understand, but allows the flexibility to create charts and database fields; with flat files the databases have a limited number to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product isn't as robust as other student information systems on the market today, but they are constantly working on it. Their interface is very easy to use and joining databases in a report is much easier than SQL. If you aren't a SQL user or web designer (SQL/HTML are very similar in coding) and searching for a product that isn't complicated and reasonably priced, this is the program to use.

We are able to keep track of our student information such as discipline and attendance; for example, the program allows us to run reports prior to uploading to the state for accuracy. The state reporting function is so much easier to use than SIF.

Administrator's Plus review by Karen G.
Karen G.

"Rediker for a School"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly manner of Rediker is the feature that I like the best. Having never used it prior to my new job, I jumped right in and am able to navigate the system. My job just added another section to the system and I was able to teach myself in ten minutes.

What do you dislike?

The downside to Rediker is that not everyone can see the same thing on their site. I also dislike that the licenses are very expensive prohibiting my school from having more than two. We were part of a group of schools that implemented Administrator's Plus at the same time. Our challenge has been that although we want to do more, the other schools do not. It takes time for the Support Team to work with us and our needs. The support team is good, but joining as a group has its challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommendations include: Confirm cost of licenses and ensure that you have the budgetary dollars to afford the number that you need to be efficient with the software. It is also recommended that each module be explained by the set-up team to the departments that will be working with that module.

Working in a school, it is imperative to keep each student's records updated and accurate. Administrator's Plus allows me to update records very easily.

Administrator's Plus review by User in Higher Education

"Capable of a great deal, not extremely user-friendly"

What do you like best?

The software is capable of so much. If you collect and input all of the student information that can fit in the program, you could run analyses and cross-analyses of almost anything. It allows you to add your own data fields, which is extremely helpful, as long as you have a uniform set of responses and someone with the time to enter all of the information into the system.

What do you dislike?

If you don't spell student names EXACTLY correctly, the system cannot find them. I have used other software that will show you close matches or names that sound like what you typed in. Also, while the system can print almost any report you could possibly even fathom, it's not extremely user friendly. I'm tech-savvy, and I have a hard time figuring out how to ask the system for exactly what I need. When I've reached out to customer support, usually they can eventually solve my problem, but it has sometimes taken days for them to get back to me. Oftentimes, I need the report right away, so I can't wait days to hear from them. There are issues that arise fairly frequently with the software where we cannot login, cannot access the tools or extensions we've subscribed to, etc.

Being able to analyze data with any student search field has been wonderful. Having Rediker connect Teacher Plus Gradebook to Administrator's Plus has also made our lives easer in administration, but the systems can be glitchy.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator

"One of the Best SIS programs out there"

What do you like best?

I love that you can collect data on just about anything that you want. Honor roll can be set up as an automatic process. The ease of use makes it simple to run generic report and the option to customize in the report write. This is the third school that i have used it in and would bring it to the next.

What do you dislike?

The family suite of all of the products tends to get costly. Training can be costly, but tech support has been amazing!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan all of the data that you want to collect and have it mapped out, it is amazing!!

We use Rediker seamlessly from registration, to placement in Home rooms to daily reports. It makes keeping track of students and records easy!!

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Admin Plus Database"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendliness of Admin Plus. The program was relatively easy to learn and customer service is excellent to help you when you have issues. It provides our school with a place to have all information about our families and students in one place that is easily accessed. The additional of Portals has expanded the information to our teachers and staff.

What do you dislike?

We recently moved to the cloud and where this makes very easy access from home and when I am mobile, I do not particular care for the way you have to go through so many steps to add files to email. It is a lengthy process and more times than not I end up with the wrong file and have to go through the process again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Admin Plus to other schools. Service is great and you can always get help with any problems.

I know it doesn't sound like a biggie but lists are so easy now. We make all kinds of lists at school and sorting the information is really easy in Admin Plus.

Administrator's Plus review by Linda W.
Linda W.

"Over all a good product"

What do you like best?

Data base , report cards, and admission done in one program

What do you dislike?

not truly HTLM. Have trouble with the "client" we have to download. Do not believe we are fully supported on Mac

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need one-one training from Admin Plus people. Not truly a HTML product but when and if it does become one, it could be a very good product.

Admissions is imported into our database. Grades are imported from grade book into AdminPlus for printing.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator

"Functional but behind in technology"

What do you like best?

The excel dump on the view screen is very useful. I also like the ability to re-write and code reports on my own.

What do you dislike?

Too many things you can't do. It is inflexible for a lot of things we need. Sometimes the answer I get from support, is just, no, sorry you can't do that. Support is amazing, but the product is behind the times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an effective, inexpensive product with a fair amount of options.

We use it as an SIS, and link to the Gradebooks as well. The integration with gradebooks is helpful and now that I know it integrates with Clever, this is also a plus.

Administrator's Plus review by Sue H.
Sue H.

"I have been very happy with Administrator's Plus. If I run into an issue, support is ready to help."

What do you like best?

If I run into an issue, support is ready to help. There has never been a long wait for assistance.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Administrator's Plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret the decision to go with Administrator's Plus. It is terrific!

Administrator's Plus keeps our students' records available at a moment's notice. It is easy to generate student report cards and keep track of attendance.

Administrator's Plus review by Tammy W.
Tammy W.

"Catching up with the times"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a way to connect the portal and a school website. But, it is too expensive for the website.

What do you dislike?

I takes too many clicks to do everything in the program. When I want to add report cards to the portfolio, i have to click print at least four times before they are added and I am not even printing them. Program constantly logs us out of the program as you can see from the screenshot attached.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Progress is too slow.

We are trying to solve our low enrollment problem, but it isn't really increasing enrollment.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Admin. Plus is easy to use..."

What do you like best?

Admin. Plus' modules are easy to use. All functions and features are user-friendly. The wealth of information that is available makes the job of an administrator much easier.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little bit of practice to get used to writing letters and forms but once you've learned it, it becomes easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to attend training or schedule in-person training at your school. It makes the transition a lot easier! Give yourself plenty of time for accurate data transferral.

Notification of parents, teachers, and students is made very easy with the use of Admin. Plus.

Administrator's Plus review by Mayce M.
Mayce M.

"Just okay."

What do you like best?

I like that I can fill in the gradebook for many courses at a time. I like that there is an option to describe the assignments. I like that I can easily access student profiles and pictures. It is nice to be able to create easily create seating charts and take attendance from the charts I make.

What do you dislike?

The system is incredibly slow. It freezes and shuts out the user constantly. It is difficult to write in scores quickly - the system makes you slowly input the numbers or it will erase or change the numbers you tried to put in. The HTML seems to still be in beta. I do not like that it does not automatically link up with what I have already input in the silverlight part of the system.

The problem we were solving by switching to this system was that our old system did not align with our grading output system (with which we compile and send out grades). This system solves that problem, but is much slower and not as intuitive for the user. Some functions are very easily accessible and understandable and others take a lot of reading and research to find.

Administrator's Plus review by Evie V.
Evie V.

"Best Data Base"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which you can move around and all the parts coordinate. You can seamlessly move from Attendance to Report Card, etc.

What do you dislike?

In the data part only being able to have students living with one parent (at one address) is difficult. We have many divorced parents and the students spend time with both equally. It would be much better to be able to say that the student lives with both.

It is so quick and easy to access the data. Plus if there is ever an issue calling Tech Support is wonderful!

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great product for small private schools"

What do you like best?

Integration with Plus Portals. Admin Plus does a good job of syncing data that we want to sync with the portal system to provide information to students, teachers and parents.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we cannot fully integrate it with Google Classroom. If we were able to create classes in Admin Plus then push them out to the teachers via Google Classroom, it would make their jobs much easier.

We are now able to have a bird's eye view of each class and can easily see the progress of the students.

Administrator's Plus review by Judy L.
Judy L.

"Excellent All-Around Data System"

What do you like best?

I like that all processes are connected. One data system for all our needs.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the reports are all written in code. That makes them harder to customize.

We have quick access to our data needs and smooth processing of our grade books integrating with the data system.

Administrator's Plus review by Jerry S.
Jerry S.

"Enjoy using this product"

What do you like best?

The product is powerful but yet easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Due to the flexibility of the product, initial setup takes some planning and help from other users.

The suite of Administraor's Plus provides an integrated set of tools for managing our school's student information and communications with Parents, Students, Faculty and Staff.

Administrator's Plus review by Cheryl C.
Cheryl C.

"Rediker Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding students and the info the system holds

What do you dislike?

Quite a bit of clicking to achieve the information I am looking for...

Having the information in one program

Administrator's Plus review by Rob G.
Rob G.

"Excellent program for Tech Director's"

What do you like best?

The ability to export data from the program allowed me to avoid retyping any information. The reports are outstanding and allow for a wide range of information to be gathered for different purposes. Integration with Grading and many other areas such as Nurse, Library and Cafeteria were essential from a tech director's standpoint.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for my staff took a bit longer than expected, but the large amount of resources available for training was certainly a plus. It's difficult when going from "no admin program" to an all inclusive one like Admin Plus, but the support was outstanding to help us get going with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated by all the pieces that this program has. Start with the one most important piece you need and then grow into the others. We added other pieces as we went which helped the implementation. The management of one program to do everything was essential to the running of the school. Reports and the ability to export your data improved functions in the office that didn't have a part of the program.

Having everything in once place was the only way to do it as well as the support needed to maintain such a program was important. Managing several different programs at once that don't always play nice with each other is a nightmare. Admin plus puts it all together and everything works nice with each other. The biggest benefit in my mind is having everything all in once place.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator

"Great customer service, behind the times with software"

What do you like best?

The customer service. Hands down, one of the best in EdTech.

What do you dislike?

If I was giving a grade for conduct, I would give AdminPlus an "F" because it does not play well with others. Clever, Canvas, and more all fail to work with it.

AdminPlus is our Student Information System. It is thorough and is able to get all the information in that we need.

Administrator's Plus review by Alexander L.
Alexander L.

"Teacher Plus Review"

What do you like best?

Actions like adding columns, duplicating columns across sections, weighting grades, and taking attendance are intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It freezes up momentarily nearly every time a grade or comment is posted. This can be helped through turbo mode, but then grades are not automatically calculated.

I wish it were easier to import columns. At minimum, I would love to be able to copy and paste from an Excel Document.

I wish there were better options to visualize grades in a way that would lead to productive parent-teacher conversations.

We use this to do grading and attendance.

"Administrator's Plus "

What do you like best?

Administrator's Plus provides a robust package to organize our student data. The link between Plus Portals, Gradebook, and Administrator's Plus is the most seamless solution that we have used.

What do you dislike?

The cloud access to Administrator's Plus, Gradebook, and Plus Portals is often slow.

Our data is organized more than ever. The use of online forms has increased our productivity.

Administrator's Plus review by User in Higher Education

"If you want flexible, customized software with outstanding customer service, choose Rediker!"

What do you like best?

Ability to manipulate, import, export and transfer data with ease; Administrator's Plus integrates with other Rediker components Admissions Plus, Gradebooks, Portals, SNAP (Health Services), etc... Rediker's customer service and technical support are outstanding with many means of communication available and timely service.

What do you dislike?

Cloud services are not currently browser-based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a Roadshow demo and ask all the questions you want of the presenter. the presenters are more than happy to entertain any and all questions. Also, at the demo's, you can interface with current users and ascertain others' opinions regarding this software and the Rediker company.

Scheduling students who have customized needs and special requirements in a framework where we have numerous single-section courses has been made much simpler and faster by using the Super Deluxe Schedule Builder feature of Administrator's Plus.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator

"My Experience with Administrators Plus"

What do you like best?

Customer support. Student data flows through to the easy to use portal application.

What do you dislike?

This software is not easy to use. There are many steps involved, and they are rarely intuitive. The functionality is still from 30 years ago, with using F1, F2 etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have at least one technical person available to be an administrator.

Report cards, transcripts, student and parent database. Benefit is transcripts are created directly from report card grades.

Administrator's Plus review by Sarah D.
Sarah D.

"The product is fairly user friendly. I like the features in which we can annotate the grades"

What do you like best?

Annotation mode

The grades update automatically

To the student portal

Ability to lock the columns

What do you dislike?

There is a slight delay

At times when I'm using the QE feature the individual grades gets deleted

The app is terrible For the student to check grades and homework assignments / answers that I have posted

The percentage isn't calculated for each individual grade

The ability to enter a grade and the student is able to see it immediately is nice

"It does the job. "

What do you like best?

Having most information in one place, contracts and payments attached

What do you dislike?

slow, doesn't include other functions, does not interact with other databases

student and parent data, classrooms, re enrollment contracts

Administrator's Plus review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"I have used it during my schooling"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see all that is going on at my school. It helps me to track my progress in real time and allows me to see where I need to improve.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some professors don't efficiently use all of the resources available while others do...it makes things confusing and is hard to remember what teacher puts what where and how. It would be nice if the teachers who used it were all on the same page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making it easier for teachers to use so that they can streamline their methods of using the software would really help the end user.

I am not using this to solve business problems as my contact with the software is solely as a user.

Administrator's Plus review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"I worked with it for 9 years."

What do you like best?

Navigating the modules is easy. Once you use it for awhile, you'll find the comfort zone.

What do you dislike?

Scheduling. It's difficult and always had trouble with scheduling conflicts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good product. I realize the market is competitive. I didn't use PowerSchool or X2. Wished I had so that I could've compared them.

I solved a hundred problems for that employer. Grading, scheduling, state reports, training staff and faculty, etc. They realized many benefits.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator

"Every year Administrator's Plus gets better and better"

What do you like best?

The support team is incredibly responsive. It's so refreshing to actually talk to a human being and get immediate answers to your questions

What do you dislike?

Some of the add-ons provided to meet special needs (e.g. Sustain) are not as well supported as the main software.

Working in the Cloud allows us to complete tasks on our own timeframe regardless of location

Administrator's Plus review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Rediker Software Review"

What do you like best?

Can be user friendly, has portals for many different aspects of school life

What do you dislike?

Not an all inclusive software for schools. You need to pay for extra portals. Need to have multiple systems that don't always "talk" to each other.

We are a private school that needs to have an electronic way for record/file keeps.

Administrator's Plus review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Flexible, easy to use School Management System."

What do you like best?

A fully customisable database for our school. We were able to customise field names, re-order fields for different users, write our own report templates and much more.

What do you dislike?

Being a MAC school having to use a 3rd party program to run a WIN database.

Rediker provides a School Management System. Coordinating student enrolments from point of inquiry to attendance. A system such as that provided by Rediker is invaluable for any school.

Administrator's Plus review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Comfortable after one year"

What do you like best?

This program is relatively easy to learn and use, even with minimal training.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the program could be easier to navigate, and maybe just some freshening up and re-titling of pages. I think some improvements could be made to the help page, as well.

We use this system in our school for record-keeping, grade cards, and the usual educational tasks.

Administrator's Plus review by User

"review of Rediker"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the quick response if there is a problem

What do you dislike?

sometimes there is problems in the system

report cards - Attendance

Learn more about Administrator's Plus

Administrator's Plus Videos

Learning about Administrator's Plus?

* We monitor all Administrator's Plus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.