Adobe Acrobat Reader

The free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents

Work for Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Docsmore csm  2x

Learning about Reader?

Adobe Acrobat Reader Reviews

Ask Reader a Question
Showing 486 Reader reviews
Reader review by <span>Ashley N. B.</span>
Ashley N. B.

New pane and markup features are a huge improvement over the older version

What do you like best?

The new features are really great for marking up documents and images and adding notes to PDFs. The new panel interface is a huge improvement over the prior version.

What do you dislike?

The new commenting tools are great, but I wish they would include even more options for marking up documents. I really just use Adobe for markups now since most PDFs can be previewed in Chrome/Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the new features so that you can use this for much more than just viewing the documents.

I use Adobe Reader more for personal organization and research documents than I do day-to-day for business. I mostly use it for making notes on research documents that I can easily locate and refer to later. The software is already a necessity for almost anyone, so adding new, helpful tools and making the interface much easier to navigate was certainly a much-appreciated update. Before, this was just something I used on an as-needed basis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Acrobat Reader
Reader review by <span>Hina N.</span>
Hina N.

Best software to read, review and edit documents on-the-go

What do you like best?

Acrobat reader makes it easier to read and share your documents anywhere and with anyone. The key-word search has made it a lot easier to search for the required points in a document. It's zoom-in and zoom-out feature makes reading a lot easier whether your are reading it on your computer screen, tablet, kindle or on your cell-phone. The read-out loud option helps in editing/reviewing the document, the edit pdf option makes it easier to highlight and mark changes/important points in the document. The combine files option makes it easier to combine several smaller documents while creating an extensive document such as an annual report/budget review. The compare files option makes it a lot easier to identify and track changes between two documents. Document protection is another feature that makes investing in this software worth-it for the corporates.

What do you dislike?

Some of Adobe Acrobat's features do not work on scanned pdf files that makes them very difficult to edit

Using adobe acrobat reader has enabled me to read, edit and review documents such as annual reports, budgets and documents with complex graphics.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

Reader review by <span>Neha C.</span>
Neha C.

The Best PDF tool "Adobe Acrobat Reader"

What do you like best?

1) Simple and smart software helps in creating, editing as well as securing PDF files.This software has different features but the best among all which I like most is edit a PDF file .

2) Easy to use.

3) Easily combine multiple PDF files in to one PDF file.

4) Good for both personal and business use.

What do you dislike?

I use Adobe Acrobat Reader for daily basis according to my business requirements. But till now I did not find anything which is to be disliked in this software. I complete all my designated task easily and on time with the help of this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, it is a good product I recommend It, this software multiply the productivity of any employee.

This software provide everything which I need to work with PDFs in a business environment. I use this software for open my PDF files and conversion of detail design in to PDF files. Its unique editing feature helps me making my detail design PDF files error free. In my office "STAMP" feature of adobe acrobat reader is also used to define file type ( ex,...DRAFT ONLY, FOR OFFICE USE ONLY) to our clients.

Reader review by <span>Chidiebere Moses O.</span>
Chidiebere Moses O.

Helps me to locate every file and really helpful while opening PDF files

What do you like best?

This application has really been so useful in the sense that it automatically allows me to retrieve even a lost PDF file in my computer. Without this, I could have lost alot of files and it will take a huge time to locate a simple document and you know how dangerous it is when you one is wasting time in his duty.

What do you dislike?

I would not say anything related to disadvantage as it has always served it's purpose. Only, that it should not persuade me to sign in before use. It can be difficult to use when you are not too familiar with the computer intricacies, so you need some form of computer training to be conversant with this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is simple to use and understand. and can actually reduce the time you will spend trying to covert files online

Reading of PDF files

COnversion of PDF files to Word or Excel

Opening and reading PDF scanned files that does not have good resolution

Reader review by <span>John C.</span>
John C.

The New Acrobat Reader- Needlessly Complicated

What do you like best?

I like that it's a free download. I also like that, unlike previous versions of Apple Preview, it displays PDF documents in a fashion where there is no ghosting nor overlapping images. There are also images added by others that Acrobat Reader displays that Preview does not.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to activate commenting. Frequently I like to add comments and highlight issues on a PDF document. Acrobat Reader makes this process overly complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Mac user, stick to Preview. Its interface is easier to work with.

In my business I like to review project submissions and shop drawings submitted in PDF format. PDF Format is preferred as it is paper-less and, as a result, I do not have to try to find places to store mounds of paper work. Acrobat reader allows me to print out such documents on my large format printer, if need be. But even here, setting up the print file is needlessly complicated.

Reader review by <span>Libio L.</span>
Libio L.

The best to visualize documents pdf

What do you like best?

It allows you to view, print, sign and annotate PDF files. can be used on any computer with free or proprietary software, you can also have it on a mobile to use it anywhere. you can unite several documents in one and thus generate a document with a large amount of information without needing to have them scattered, which allows you to have important information available. You can also see books, which are in pdf format. You can create documents with information contained in other office programs and on the web.

What do you dislike?

Many times the files that are downloaded by the navigators take too long and can not visualize. In general, the tool allows only to see files without being able to edit them. You have to buy other tools from the adobe group to do file editing. When they are very heavy pdf you have to download the file since it is impossible to see it through the web browser.

I can see the pdf files from any operating system. The files retain their original text styles, format and images without relying on a specific platform. This format also combines all the necessary components in a single file. It does not require the user to install certain sources before viewing them in a document.

Learning about Adobe Acrobat Reader?

* We monitor all Adobe Acrobat Reader reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.