Adobe Connect

4.0

Adobe Connect is a web conferencing solution for online meetings, eLearning, & webinars.

Work for Adobe Connect?

Learning about Adobe Connect?

Adobe Connect Reviews

Showing 185 Adobe Connect reviews
Adobe Connect review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Perfect software for working remotely with a team"

What do you like best?

Ability to share screens as well as use video chat. It's nice to see everyone's face when they are talking, it really makes it a much better experience than a standard "conference call" where it's easy to accidentally talk over others.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Even without a microphone/camera, those who just want to listen can still tap in and listen to the conversation without having to be "on screen" or speaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect software for bringing your team together from multiple locations to work on a project, or to share knowledge. Saving recorded files and sharing them with others is simple and easy, the files aren't too large.

Ability to work on a large research project as a group even when we aren't even in the same state. We can even record the calls and share them on Box so they can be reviewed later.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Connect
Adobe Connect review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Great for meetings and Training Work From Home Employees"

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect can be used to host conference meetings, webinars, virtual classrooms, and on demand training classes. We are using it to train technical support agents who will be working from home and it works quite well for that purpose. We are able to set up polls, Q & A's, and whiteboards which allows us to really get the students involved in the learning experience vs just having them sit and watch us share our screen while teaching material or talking. We are able to let the students have drawing or writing privileges which gives us the ability to have them present or demonstrate what they have learned to the rest of the class. We are able to share documents, URLs, and content and have them be persistent throughout the entire 4 weeks of the class. In fact it allows us to have a virtual content library available to the students from start to the finish of the course. The students are able to take notes within it and have them saved and accessible whenever they need to refer back to them. We are able to have multiple presenters/ hosts within the same meeting or class as well as set up breakout rooms for splitting the class into smaller groups to work on special projects. There is a backstage area so that we can have materials that we will need later in the meeting within easy reach. It allows for course and curricula creation, and management along with learner tracking and certification.

What do you dislike?

With so may options available to us the interface can easily get a bit crowded or messy looking at times but that is manageable by paring down the number of options you use at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Adobe Connect

It keeps us from having to train work from home employees in house which drastically decreases the cost of training as well as the amount of time it takes to get the employees trained and in production.

What Presentation solution do you use?

Adobe Connect review by Zach W.
Zach W.

"Function and Form with a Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

All of my Adobe presentations look extremely professional and well put together, and I don't want to take any credit for that. With multiple designs for formatting and some smooth transitions already built in, switching from one preset view to another looks sharp and professional.

What do you dislike?

It's very possible this is just our organization, but the lag during conversations using VoIP technology made it challenging to have in depth conversations. Sometimes the lag could get as bad as 4-5 seconds. There were many occasions where if the material being discussed was significant enough to need everyone hearing clearly and at the same time, we would just use Adobe for presentations and video, and a separate conference line for voice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out if you're looking for a conferencing tool or a training tool. If the primary purpose is going to be for web meetings, then I would likely look elsewhere. If you're trying to upgrade your training platform, this is a great option. They offer an abundance of tools that make this a viable option for those who will be presenting without producers as well.

Adobe has allowed us to keep our training headcount limited while still providing training to individuals around the country. Adobe allows a team of 8 to support 200+ individuals on each new hire week, in 50+ offices is 36 states. Adobe being used for training has also allowed us to refocus some other individual away from training and in to other projects because of the reach the program now allows us to have.

Adobe Connect review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"The Gold Standard of true virtual meetings!"

What do you like best?

So many things to like.

1. Persistent rooms - build your layout and add your content ONCE, and it will always be there, ready for your next virtual meeting without you having to rebuild and reload every time. If you are doing several meetings or training events with the same material - this is a must and Adobe Connect does it.

2. Multiple hosts and presenters - no passing the ball - just make another person a host at the same time as you and now you can collaborate and work together to deliver your meeting or training.

3. MANY great pods - polls, quizzes, chat, whiteboards, file shares - and many add ons to make it even better.

4. TRUE breakout rooms that you can customize, and really drive collaboration and engagement.

5. Sharing results from breakout rooms - whatever they artoe down, recorded or created in the breakout rooms can easily be shred with the rest of the groups.

6. engagement meters - who is not really engaged or paying attention? Adobe Connect can help you figure that out.

7. Content libraries, event management - very good

8. Recordings that can be edited and downloaded

9. mobile apps that actually work

There are many more features but the point is - if you want to mimic a live face-to-face event - there is no other platform that can do it as well as Adobe Connect. (I am not being paid by Adobe BTW )

What do you dislike?

As good as it is, there are some caveats.

1. It has a bit of a learning curve - so many features, so many things to remember and learn.

2. Bandwidth is always a challenge - participants need to make sure all other programs and browser windows are closed or you get lag.

3. System can just shut down or freeze for no reason (that can be found easily) and that requires restarting a meeting which is never a proud moment in delivery.

4. Adobe still hasn't made it work all the time with macs - they really need to put some people on that and FIX IT!

5. My opinion - if you are going to use Adobe Connect for serious training - you need a producer on with the facilitator for EVERY session. Not a bad thing just an important thing to consider. And since you CAN have both roles with full admin access it is actually a plus if done right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial account and learn how to use it - compare it to what you are currently using AND know exactly what you want and see if it fits those needs.

Be aware that this is a robust system that takes practice to use AND seriously consider hiring an experienced producer to help you maximize its features and execute good meetings and training events.

Converting live - face-to-face training in virtual training with the same level of interaction and engagement while lower overall training and associated travel costs.

Adobe Connect review by Administrator

"Adobe Connect Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of connecting with clients to host webinars has been a breeze with Adobe Connect. Also the ability to record your sessions has been very helpful. Also the ability to have live questions during the webinar is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Having to explain how to download the software before hand or any updates you need to have installed for it to work properly. The process is a little long for logging in, but that's okay for a webinar, for a video conference we would be less likely to use adobe connect.

Our company has a tool that people use and it has solved the problem of showing groups of people how to use it remotely. We realized after years of using it that we can record webinars and mail out to those who haven't been able to join scheduled webinars.

Adobe Connect review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Robust program for our webinars"

What do you like best?

Creating events in Adobe Connect is very easy, and I like that they can be duplicated so that I don't have to build out things like registration questions every time.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the web room would open for participants 15 minutes prior to the start time of the event. Our attendees like to get into the web room early, but I have to set the "start" time of the event 15 minutes early in order for them to do so.

We recently transitioned to using Adobe Connect for webinar registration, in addition to continuing its use as our webinar host platform. Streamlined processes make it much more efficient to host webinars.

Adobe Connect review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Easy to use with great features but not always stable"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to video conference without specialist hardware. The ability to mute mic/freeze cam are helpful to preserve bandwidth. The overall layout of the GUI is pleasing.

What do you dislike?

At times the system freezes and you are required to log back in to a meeting. Ther issues are not necessarily with the interface but with the backend system and available bandwidth. It is sometimes difficult to share large files and I have failed to share Powerpoint with Video embedded in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is great when you have good bandwidth and need simple video conferencing/webinar software.

The need to meet with colleagues in different locations/countries. The ability to share ideas and materials online in real time.

Adobe Connect review by User

"Adobe Connect Connects You"

What do you like best?

The greatest thing about this software program is the connectivity to my colleagues and students. It is relatively easy to operate with a wonderful assortment of features such as video chat, desktop/document sharing, and quick load times for conversations in order to assist my clientele (students). It is great that my students can be pulled into separate meeting rooms to conduct class assistance.

What do you dislike?

While the program certainly has its benefits, I do find; however, a difficult with staying connected with the program occasionally freezing on me. As wonderful as I find the separate meeting rooms, they are a bit lacking, as I cannot access multiple rooms with a toggle. If there even is a way to conduct this, it is not readily accessible or easy to find. The layout can feel very jumbled when multiple people are logged in together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have never used Adobe Connect and are thinking about using it... sign up for a trial account and learn how to use it. It never hurts to test anything out, and Adobe does offer a free trial of the program. I am only one operator of the program in my company, so I do not know all of the ins and outs of the program yet. While it is easy to use, it is a very vast program with a lot of details. It is a good idea to have someone walk you through how to use it if you have never used it before. If you are a company using it, I am under the understanding that it gets costly as you add more features; however, I cannot affirm this.

As an online educator, Adobe Connect does a great job allowing us to connect to staff and students almost immediately. I can record and/or save the conversations for later, which is excellent, especially when I need to pull another teacher into the room--they are able to see the entirety of the conversation. I can reach any student any where at any time... even with my phone, as Adobe Connect has a choice for APP on my android product--this is great when I need to move around.

Adobe Connect review by Brook M.
Brook M.

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

So simple and easy to use. Our company is able to easily connect virtually for meetings and share our information on the screen with whoever joins the meeting.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything I dislike about Adobe Connect. Once in a while we will run into issues with sharing our screen but it's most likely due to the internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, easy tool for conferencing!

We have two offices that splits most of the company's corporate staff by hours so it's not realistic to commute to one office for meetings. With Adobe Connect we can connect virtually and easily work together on projects. It saves time since we can see each other's screens and work easily together.

Adobe Connect review by Shannon D.
Shannon D.

"Handy for webinars"

What do you like best?

One caveat: I tried giving Adobe Connect away. Rather, I tried to give away the responsibility of running my team's webinars because to be honest, webinars are often boring, especially if you're only there to make sure things run smoothly. I even made an instruction manual to document all my lessons learned, but no dice. As a result, I am now The Adobe Connect Person at my office. Oh well, such is life. Here's what I like:

1. Works reliably well once you have all your audio settings configured.

2. Recording presentations is incredibly useful for reference and to share later.

3. Very easy to give or take away mic rights, start individual or group chats, or change attendee roles (promote participants to presenters, etc.).

4. You can create a custom URL for your event, which is nice for promotions.

What do you dislike?

1. It can be finicky if you're using a browser other than IE (thanks, Microsoft). On the other hand, some of my colleagues report that it works fine for them no matter what the browser.

2. Your mic/audio settings will take some tweaking, but if you run through the Audio Setup wizard and then make sure that both your mic and speakers are turned on (those green button at the top of your screen), you should be fine. Do a dry run with your people before event day so everyone knows they can work their equipment. Most problems are with the user, not Adobe Connect.

3. If you're sharing host duties with a colleague, be aware that you can override each other's decisions re: slide-sharing, etc. so it's best to keep person as host and the rest as presenters or participants.

4. If you choose to have the chat log emailed to you, it arrives completely unformatted and looking like garbage, with no spaces between comments, etc. Shame because it looks decent in the actual chat box.

Overall, Adobe Connect works well for meetings and webinars, including slide-sharing and screensharing. If you're hosting a webinar, you can let participants talk back at you if you want (don't do this), or let them use the chat box to type their questions and comments (do this). It's handy to record presentations and let people who couldn't join play them back afterwards. We've found this especially useful as our participants and audience are international, so not everyone can join at any given time.

Adobe Connect review by Megan L.
Megan L.

"Perfect for Live K-12 Online Classes"

What do you like best?

In researching web conferencing software, it was apparent to me that most were developed with businesses in mind.. Adobe Connect would probably prove to be "clunky" for some businesses, but for an online school conducting live classes with students from all over the country and world, it is perfect. It really does a good job of simulating a traditional classroom withing a virtual platform: whiteboards, attendee list, microphones, chat boxes, one way chat box (called a Q & A pod), poll functionality. Teachers have the cabalility to arrange the room exactly as they'd like using these different features. Students have the capability to raise their hand (a feature only available with other web conferencing softwares at the enterprise level (read: expensive level). There are also several levels of managing who can access the rooms and when - both at the administrative level and at the hosting level. This is very important to us as we aim to protect the privacy of our students.

What do you dislike?

As with many adobe products, it runs on flash which can in turn be a bit cumbersome. When I am in other web conferencing softwares, the share screen function seems very seemless with little to no lag, whereas Adobe Connect can be a bit doggy at times. Overall, however, our students ("participants") are able to login with very minimal bandwidth, so that is helpful for families who have multiple children taking online courses. Another feature that I'd like to see improved is better administrative functionality. While some bulk uploads are allowed for users and group creation, it can still be a manual process for getting students into the correct group and course. Also, each "classroom" has to be created and set up manually. it would be great if some of those features were improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For businesses, it is probably not the slickest web conferencing product out there. However, if you are looking for a product to use in online education (K-12, or even higher ed), the features and functionalities are pefect. The one drawback is that if you are a HUGE online school (say 1000+ students) with more complicated enrollment processes, the administrative part may prove cumbersome.

We are a K-12 homeschool and 6-12 online school. For the online school, we offer live classes once or twice/week, and Adobe Connect allows us to connect the teachers and students from the comfort of their own homes. Being that our program is classical, it was important for us to have the live component for classes versue just an asynchronous online course for our students.

Adobe Connect review by Shauna S.
Shauna S.

"Adobe Connect For those not too large meetings..."

What do you like best?

The ability to share your screen and interact using this tool is wonderful. Real-time response, multiple ways to connect audio, great for training purposes, and allows the user (Moderator) to design his or her pod options. Great for meetings of 35 or less.

What do you dislike?

One issue I have experienced with Adobe Connect is that it does not like too many Attendees. In other words, too many people and you may find out that you need to open a separate room. Also, when using with other tools in Chrome, I have experienced the room freezing and have to reload the room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

35 people or less? A great tool for small and large industries!

As a Consultant, the room works better than other programs for interactions among team members when taking calls or reaching out for assistance. This tool solves multiple issues. For example, if you find a colleague or someone else is experiencing a problem. you can screen share so that the other people in the room can see the problem, etc. Private chats is also available that solve the issue of having to step out to speak with someone privately. We use it every day to solve a myriad of issues.

Adobe Connect review by Anissa H.
Anissa H.

"Adobe Connect--Real time Meetings Across the planet"

What do you like best?

I love that Adobe Connect provides a portal where many individuals across the world can phone into a conference regardless of location or time zone. It provides opportunity for the collaboration needed for online organizations.

What do you dislike?

Our Adobe Connect subscription is for an organization. Since the founding person is no longer on the Executive Board, the software will not allow us to "change the ownership" of the account to the current person. Our board member has to use the log in and password of the founding member rather than one designated. It does not seem equipped to function with organizations rather than individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Connect is a great product for presentation, webinars, or real time web conferencing. If subscribing to this product for a business, please set up avenues for multiple users to have access to the product as it can be tricky to transfer a user to another person should a role-change be required. It is important that phone numbers for audio and conference numbers be clearly communicated to attendees so that there are few, if any errors. Overall, Adobe Connect is a great product and does a satisfactory job of meeting expectations.

Adobe Connect is the communication platform that we use to conduct our business meetings. As a board for a professional non-profit, we live all over the nation and may even been out of the country at times. Regardless of our location, we are able to join board meetings as long as we have an internet connection. I love the flexibility provided by the Adobe Connect apps--I can use it on my iPhone, my iPad, or my desktop. It is so flexible.

Adobe Connect review by Gabrielle B.
Gabrielle B.

"Just like being in the same real world room!"

What do you like best?

I love that Adobe Connect creates an environment akin to real world. I am employed by a work at home company, when we log into work its like we are actually going somewhere just by opening the Adobe Connect room where we can all chat real time and even send private message, share video, images, and audio. The ability to share PowerPoint open polls and more makes it even better. I was in awe after my first week at work feeling as though I was actually around the people I was working with although we were in a virtual environment all sitting in our own homes online.

What do you dislike?

We keep our adobe connect room busy with nonstop chat, memos, and images, sometimes it crashes! The worst thing that happens is when we open the adobe connect room back up to find its reverted to a previous state, sometimes from several months old. We have started keeping more up to date back ups of the information we post there so that it can be replaced in the event of the room crashing and reverting to a historical states. Many times when it has reverted to a past state it would appear exactly the way it did when it went down for planned maintenance in October 2015, many times months passed that date it would freeze and then show us all conversations from passed October even after the new year 2016.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program for interacting with co-workers online, I feel like I am actually there with people even though we are all miles apart.

This solves communication problems. When I worked in a brick and mortar building it was difficult sometimes to find an answer in a timely manner, especially while on the phone with customers. Having a question with everyone in the same large physical room or needing to communicate anything was a matter of trying to get someone's attention, waiting for them to find you and reach you with an answer becomes very time consuming. With Adobe Connect, all we need to do is post a message and co-workers can respond almost instantly. As support staff with my company, I am able to quickly answer any questions my co-workers can think of in real time, no matter how far they are, they don't need to wait for me to walk across a real physical room, no matter how many miles away we are from each other its like we are all right beside each other the whole time, almost closer than being in person without any of the inconveniences of actually being face to face with someone.

Adobe Connect review by Michelle W.
Michelle W.

" Adobe Connect is a dynamic video conferencing tool"

What do you like best?

Adobe is always one of the best products you can get on the market, the ease with which I could connect to people across the globe was a huge plus. I like how it offers this sort of service included in their cloud subscription.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the cloud subscription is so expensive deters a lot of people from buying into it. The audio, you have to use something such as a third party dial-in service for audio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product i would definitely recommend it

Adobe connect is a good tool to possess for a company if a platform for virtual meetings does not exist but before getting too much into Adobe connect new organizations should definitely explore the competitor software as it does lack in flexibility and customization.

Adobe Connect review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Can be hard to teach some folks to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to upload slides and to manage who is in the room. I love the option of having adobe connect call you instead of calling in. This makes is so easy for people who get confused about which conference line to call.

What do you dislike?

It can be very difficult to teach some people to use Adobe. I have had issues with feedback from people who cannot learn to turn their computer speakers off when connected via the phone. Sometimes we struggle with getting the sharing started. It can be spotty.

It makes it easier for us to share slides with coworkers who work remotely. It allows us to keep and save everything in meeting rooms.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to log in and communicate with my students using this software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it doesn't always work with the web browser I prefer. Sometimes the system opens in a separate box, and sometimes it stays in current opened tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes communication so much easier and safer with colleagues and students, and alerts you to when any one contacts you in the system. The only dislike I have is that every time it alerts me there is an extremely loud doorbell. It would be nice if there was a way to change the sound alerts, as well as be able to communicate with multiple people at the same time.

This solves the problem of needing instant communication with my students via the internet.

Adobe Connect review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Reliable virtual meeting application"

What do you like best?

I have used this over very slow connections, and it works without problems. The auto-reconnect feature is great, if you happen to lose connection it will try to reconnect you. This helps me immensely when I have to sign onto my VPN.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the audio automatically comes from the computer when you sign into a meeting. When you are dialed in you have to enter a code to stop the audio from playing simultaneously in both places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a reliable and functional application that meets the common needs for meetings between remote locations, or with remote workers.

I am a work from home employee and this is the primary tool I use to meet with my colleagues in the office and with other remote workers.

Adobe Connect review by User in Higher Education

"I've had the best of times... I've had the worst of times."

What do you like best?

The tool is incredibly versatile, wit the ability to have someone doing life transcription, group bouncing to private chats, whiteboards, graphic presentations, and auto timed group work.

What do you dislike?

Practically everything. Despite the fact that it has the ability to do all these wonderful things, it done none of them well, and practically none of them even mediocre.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. There must be better alternatives. Unless you have a team of bodies that can host everysingle meeting for you... just don't

Working with colleagues that happen to be spread about a state is difficult at best... and this tool makes one sided communication (the key here is one sided) marginally easier, but often times still a miserable experience making it's users wish a teleporter had been invented already.

Adobe Connect review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Excellent virtual meeting software, but occasionally a bit buggy!"

What do you like best?

I have used Adobe Connect for running a number of meetings and allowing staff to tune in virtually. The software provides everything that we need without overloading the software with useless items. The file and screen sharing features are extremely useful, as well as the ability to record and share sessions, and chat with participants during presentations.

What do you dislike?

The software seems to be a bit buggy some of the time. The users really have to have some technical knowledge in order to get the best experience out of the software. Many times our participants will be dropped intermittently during a session. Sometimes the screen sharing feature causes the program to crash. We've also had a number of people who tried to use the software without a headset and microphone, which usually caused communication issues. I have often found myself trying to troubleshoot volume/audio problems during the middle of a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be worth it to consider other conferencing software before purchasing Adobe Connect. There are other available options that I've heard many rave reviews about and are likely available at less cost.

This is a great collaboration tool that allows staff to attend meetings from pretty much anywhere! It is really useful to be able to communicate virtually. The software provides everything necessary to run a good virtual meeting.

Adobe Connect review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Expensive, but Full Featured"

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect provides a lot of options...for example, its screen sharing option allows you to choose whether to share your whole screen, an application, or just a particular window. It has all (or close to all) of the features I've seen with any other online meeting application and also makes Adobe and third-party add-ons available to provide additional functionality.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Connect is very expensive. If you're not part of a large organization that can afford an enterprise license, this might not be the best option for you. Also, I wish it had better editing functionality for meeting recordings.

Also, without a dual monitor, you can't see the meeting room while you're sharing your screen. I also wish that some of the advanced hosting/presenter features (the stuff that the participants can't see) were a bit more intuitive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford Adobe Connect, I'd recommend going for it over the other options out there.

I use this for a variety of things... I work remotely (as do some other members of my team). so Connect allows us to meet online, sharing screens/documents and using webcams to give it more of an "in-person" feel. I also use it to host meetings for two different special interest groups that I chair (and, subsequently, make recordings of the meetings available to those who couldn't attend live), and I've used it to do online training. Some of my internal clients also use it to record demos, lectures, and other types of instructional materials for asynchronous use by learners.

Adobe Connect review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Ilove this meeting app. it allows me to attend live chats while on the go."

What do you like best?

The best part about it, is being able to attend a live chats while on the go. I use it while commuting home, it provides me with the opportunity to attend classes and or meetings while on the go! Fortunately for me my transit system has WiFi connectivity so I can login and attend class while on the go. I have yet to use it for phone calling, I use the mobile version most of the time.

What do you dislike?

With any program that relies on network connectivity, you might run into some lag time or the connection may drop depending on your signal strength. I you do manage to get disconnected when you login again you will see two icons representing yourself, for whatever reason the platform recognizes all of your previous login attempts but displays them for you and others to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I stated before, it works perfectly for what it was designed to do. Just make sure you have a solid connection & enjoy from where ever you are.

Adobe connect has given me a peace of mind, by being able to attend classes & meetings anywhere I can access a signal and get connected to a network. taking the office pretty much anywhere you are. I know that if I'm on vacation or waiting between flights, if I have connectivity I can host a meeting in real time. You will never know when you might get delayed.

Adobe Connect review by Varun S.
Varun S.

"Adobe connect helps connect with colleagues, customers and other professionals "

What do you like best?

good for meetings, screen sharing and a learning management system space. I can pt my documents and share with other people. I can share screens and help work with other people/ colleagues.

I can also use it for meetings/webinars within the office and outside of office as well.

All in all i can also use it as Learning management system but with limitations.

What do you dislike?

It is slow to load and takes time to work at times. Can test patience at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a bit slow at times. You can try it on trial and look for other competitors as well.

I use it to share screens and upload my documents. I use it to meeting/webinar problems !

Adobe Connect review by User in Higher Education

"Great for live presentations, not a the best for recording"

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect allows you to upload content in advance and really customize your delivery space for online presentations and meetings. It is very interactive and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

This is not the best product for video sharing, and "face-to-face" interactions as it tends to be laggy and bulky when you try to use those features. It also only allows playback of recorded webinars/ meetings within it's own software. It makes editing and sharing recordings difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a bulkier product then some of the other options out there. If you just want web conferencing, I would look elsewhere. If you want good webinar/presentation interface - this might be your best choice.

Reaching remote audiences is made much easier!

Adobe Connect review by Tim K.
Tim K.

"Clunky, Flash-Based, mostly works"

What do you like best?

It has the basic feature set down - screen sharing, content sharing, breakout groups, webinar and small meeting rooms, audio and video sharing. It's a stalwart for sure, but there are lots of new kids on the block. It has good Chat and Q&A features, but the Q&A takes some getting used to.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, ugly UI, the video sharing is really low resolution, the audio quality is acceptable but not great, and the competition blows it away in terms of user experience. I'm usually the AV guy supporting it, and I get lots of calls about issues connecting, no audio, no video, etc. It works, but it's not a very user-friendly application. Recordings are in-app, not exportable as mp4 files that can be easily shared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend looking at other products, as I think there are lots of other conferencing/web presentation solutions that have a better UX

It's a conferencing solution, and solves conferencing needs. Often used for web trainings or CE seminars it allows a large remote audience to connect to local conferences and provides a way to extend our reach.

Adobe Connect review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Decent product and gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

I do think that this product is one of the better products for use for meetings. It does get the job done of allowing a meeting, letting you know when someone wants to speak and allowing a lot of control for the meeting head to control things in the meeting. That person can control who speaks when and gives people a microphone and rights to do anything in the classroom.

What do you dislike?

I use it to teach classes and the loading of powerpoints takes a very long time and messes up some of the effects on the powerpoint. It does require a really strong and good internet connection, especially if you are using powerpoint, but there is really no way of knowing whether your connection is good or not. The internet status bar always shows that you have great connection, which is very confusing for my students.

This is used to teach classes, it allows me to have full control of the classroom.

Adobe Connect review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"Adobe Connect for online meetings and classrooms"

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect provides a range of tools within one package to manage webinars, online classrooms and remote meetings. The software has evolved over the years to become a very stable and reliable tool for online collaboration. The tools include webcam sharing, screen sharing, chat and collaborative whiteboards. Different layouts can be created for different purposes and it is easy to switch between them during a live meeting. One feature of Connect that many other such tools doesn't have is the ability to create breakout rooms for smaller discussions. A range of add-ins are also available to provide additional functionality such as Youtube video sharing or social media streaming.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike in Adobe Connect. it works reliably most of the time, but like almost all other webinar tools, it can suffer from poor response times on slower internet connections. It can take a new user a while to discover the vast array of features and options hidden away in the menus, but fortunately the online help is very good and there is a large user base for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Adobe Connect as an effective solution for web conferencing, webinars and virtual classrooms.

I've used Adobe Connect for many years to create virtual classrooms and run classes for sometimes hundreds of participants from around the world. It enables me to provide lessons to others in globally remote areas and to connect with students and educators around the world.

Adobe Connect review by Angela F.
Angela F.

"Simple Interface, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Very simple interface, easy to upload documents to be shown on the screen. Never had issues with audio and visual. Did not have any issues with setting up the meeting or switching Host Privileges.

What do you dislike?

Did not seem to over many advanced features, but in some cases that made things run more smoothly. When I would set up Adobe Connect meetings, it did not provide an email confirmation that could be forwarded to others, like some other webconferencing services offer. Wasn't entirely clear how to best enter the meeting. We had the option for participants to log in with credentials or as a Guest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that some organizations have stopped supporting Adobe Connect. Don't know why my organization did, but it seems like it might be writing on the wall.

Only stopped using it because it was no longer supported by my organization. Do not know why it was no longer supported.

Adobe Connect review by User

"Functional but not exemplary "

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect stores data you can refer to later to benchmark. I can log into it from anywhere, not just from my office. That online component is good because I like the "cloud" mentality. And when using Google Chrome I can log in easily from my work or home OS.

What do you dislike?

It isn't overly user friendly. It's good for internal meetings but it really falls down when it comes to external webinars. On the day of a webinar I get about 15 emails from people who are struggling to get into the system.

It's easy to err on either side. Yesterday I logged in an hour before the webinar and put up the slide deck but just as one of the presenters began to speak the slides went down with a clicking misstep of one of the four presenters. It's impossible to figure out who mis-clicked or how. Also, it's embarrassing to use a platform that isn't user friendly for attendees logging in or less web savvy presenters.

Simpler and easier are always an asset!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for internal meetings, more difficult for external facing webinars.

We have a remote org structure so being able to bring together presenters from across states to deliver a cross-functional webinar as if we are all in the same room is an asset. Also catering to attendees from around the world at once is nice. I just wish there weren't so many glitches and complications. It's difficult to solve even the simplest platform problems.

Adobe Connect review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Love this software"

What do you like best?

Love that if i'm on a call i can get quick and easy help just as if i was in a call center with a team member, since i work at home people fear not receiving help but with this chat you can talk to who ever on your team.

What do you dislike?

At time it'll m,ake me re install and remove add on hasn't done it in awhile but it was a pain when it did, just so i was able to have access in chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Differently should get great software!

Talking with all my members on my team and as well assisting the new members, nothing i really dislike its been good to me.

Adobe Connect review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Great meeting Room for Screen share"

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect allows users to share their screens.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems a little out dated for such a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability to screen share and able to take control of the users screen is invaluable when trying to troubleshoot issues for employees, as well picture of screen share is very clear.

This product is our main meeting room when meeting with other employees and use to trouble shoot issues.

"Classrooms"

What do you like best?

I like the options given to the host of a conference. There's different ways to arrange the conference so that you can see others via webcast, or share your screen, so you can show a powerpoint. Also, as a host, you have the power to grant rights to participants, so that's nice to not have the wild west where everyone might be fiddling with the meeting, but you don't need to jump through hoops for someone to impromptu share their screen.

What do you dislike?

We have to use a conference call for the audio. If there is only one person who is going to talk, you can use the program for it, but otherwise we need to set up the conference call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just double check that you've got the internet and computer power to support such resource heavy applications, and be warned you may need to use phone conferencing for the audio.

This is part of the suite of programs we use for online/hybrid classes. Its a good tool to manage many online meetings.

Adobe Connect review by Internal Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Internal Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Adobe Connect - used on a daily basis "

What do you like best?

The best feature is that the meeting rooms are persistent. They can be used repeatedly and the layouts remain the same.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to load all types of files to share, including Microsoft products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is better than other conferencing solutions because of the persistent meetings, and because audio can be stand-alone and without integration costs.

I use it to train all the time - both live and recorded. I can send a recording link and the user is able to watch a training and download documents at the end. No more having to do real-time sessions and email files.

Adobe Connect review by Fabian A.
Fabian A.

"Great, Feature Reach Tool for a Great Webinar Experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to fully customize the event pages and branding is what I love most about Adobe Connect and what separates it from it's competitors.

What do you dislike?

Due to the great features you can utilize during a live webinar, it is tricky learning how to then easily download a useable recording for use on your website (the recording include all the "pods" unless you figure out a way to remove/hide then during the offline recording).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that you need to purchase two separate modules if you're looking at using it as a webinar/event tool (the Meeting module and the Event module are needed)

We run a monthly webinar series and found it difficult with GoToWebinar to create a nice event experience from registration through to the live webinar. It was very limiting in terms of customization and branding. Adobe Connect has allowed us to create a very appealing and branded event experience, as well as being able to incorporate various "pods" into the webinar to increase engagement (Social Sharing, games, weblink sharing, etc).

Adobe Connect review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Longtime Fan of Adobe Connect"

What do you like best?

We've been using Adobe Connect for over 6 years and it just gets better and better. I love the flexibility of the platform - the fact that we can use multiple layouts, pods, chat boxes, etc. We've been able to create really interesting interactions and activities as a result. It is a seamless experience for hosts and participants. We use it for virtual classroom training, presentations and webinars, collaborative team meetings, you name it.

What do you dislike?

The attendee option tools could be better. The popup menu that comes up when you click on a participant's name in the attendee list used to include "clear status" years ago - now that function is buried a few menus deep in the attendee pod options menu. If we want to lower a participant's hand after they give a response, it's a pain.

The annotation tools are a bit challenging too. If you want to create a list of items on a screen, it's hard to get them to line-up or go back in and edit the text if you've clicked away. And you need to click away if you want participants to see what you've typed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to explore the flexibility of the platform. We love it mostly due to the ability to load several things at once for participants. It is also a fairly clean and straightforward interface compared to some others. The breakout room functionality is worth checking out as well.

It is so flexible. We've been able to meet/work with clients and team members on a global level with ease.

Adobe Connect review by User in Financial Services

"Best Meeting Platform for Virtual Classrooms"

What do you like best?

I love how we're able to use the Adobe Connect meeting platform to make our virtual classrooms come alive. We're actually able to simulate a live, in-person event virtually and our participants are always so impressed. They always think they're just coming to a webinar and are completely surprised when they experience our virtual classroom.

What do you dislike?

I wish Adobe Connect had a little more functionality, i.e., you could play music in the lobby. Just needs a little fine tuning. I also don't like the audio issues we encounter from time to time and the new feature of participants being able to "listen only." This is a killer for our virtual classes.

UPDATE: We just figured out how to disable the "listen only " feature. Not sure if this was available all along, but if this was a part of an update, kudos to Adobe for fixing this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Adobe Connect a try. It really is a great tool not only for webinars or virtual classrooms, but also a great team collaboration tool. We've had so many of our participants tell us after experiencing Adobe Connect that they would be asking their companies for Adobe Connect to use for team collaboration.

UPDATE: I was just recently oriented to the presenter view tool. This is a great tool that helps our faculty communicate with each other.

We have been able to take our live, in-person classrooms and successfully hold these in the virtual classroom. This is amazing because we can simulate the same experience but save lots of money because our folks don't have to travel. The fact that you can accomplish skill development and behavior change in a virtual environment is huge!

Adobe Connect review by User

"Adobe Connect is user friendly and fast!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect is an amazing web conferencing software that does what a lot of other sites can't do: load efficient and fast video streaming and online chat groups. It is faster than Skype, and less glitchy than Facetime. Perfect for work meetings and online interviews.

What do you dislike?

The only thing is that webinars can be hard to connect for some remote users... although that is really not a fault of Adobe Connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall I think the best thing about Adobe Connect is that it has multiple different functions. You can use webinar functions, live streaming, live meetings and connect with anyone anywhere. There are great functions and toggles as well as digital learning solutions for big teams to collaborate from remote locations. The connection is great and the video streaming has really high quality.

The problem is that we want to live stream a conference to thousands of people online. Using this software makes it so easy.

Adobe Connect review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.

"Daily User, Overall Satisfied"

What do you like best?

The available options in the meeting room - presentations, video, audio, whiteboard, screen sharing. The ability to transfer "ownership" of the meeting and enable participants to access tools.

What do you dislike?

This may depend on screen size, but I have difficulty fitting all the pods that I want to use on the screen (discussion, chat, video, sharing area). I would like to be able to paste an image onto the whiteboard and get better results when pasting text.

Adobe Connect is the required software used by the company I work for. It enables me and other employees to be effective while working remotely.

Adobe Connect review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"I use Adobe Connect to host professional development events for our students."

What do you like best?

The array of functions offered by the software is great. We're able to host speakers on- and off-site, include viewers on- and off-site, and offer interactive sessions for everyone involved. The polling function is very helpful, as is the capability of organizing different layouts (webcam, ppt, chats, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes our distance presenters aren't familiar with the software, and they require extra support in learning the basics in order for them to fully utilize the features of Adobe Connect. (This isn't a detractor from the program itself though—it offers so much that it can be overwhelming.)

We wanted to offer a professional development series to distance and residential students, faculty, and alumni. Speakers are out program's alumni, and they're presenting on- and off-site. Through Adobe Connect, we're able to accommodate everyone!

Adobe Connect review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great Experience! "

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect has made it easy to connect those from all over the world into one location. I also enjoy being able to have real-time collaboration. During training courses, there is usually much group work and Adobe Connect makes this task easier.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Adobe Connect at this time.

Our agency has locations all over the U.S. Many positions require specific training and rather than sending bodies to one location, we're able to save travel money and provide training virtually.

Adobe Connect review by Ralf B.
Ralf B.

"Adobe Connect - Good choice "

What do you like best?

Adobe Connect is a stable system that works across most operating systems and browsers so you can reduce problems with 'wrong' browers or missing plugins. Nothing disturbs a classroom more than technical problems.

It also offers a lot of possibilities to customize your layouts and look and feel. You can place your pods (= windows) at every position of the screen.

Adobe Connect has a quite elaborated whiteboard comparing to some similar solutions

To create more interactivity you can 'spread" the learner to seperate group rooms and allow them to discuss a topic.

And last but not least I really appreciate the data connection between the Connect Webconferencing tool and the Adobe Connect Learning platform. You can create curriculums and invite the learners to participate in online coureses.

What do you dislike?

The output of recordings is not in mp4.

A high bandwidth is required which makes it difficult for users with limited bandwidth.

Personally I missing a YouTube integration - I think this will become more and more important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very convenient possibility to share information with learners without missing the option to produce some interactive moments. Of course, there are lots of screen sharing and webconferencing tools on the market but the combination of screen sharing, virtual classroom with different groups, and the connection to Adobe Connect Learning makes the application to one of the top products for distant learning.

Beeing a software trainer I gave a lot of online trainings to show users how to work with specific software. Screensharing is not the complete solution. I also need the whiteboard and the option to let the learner work together for several minutes in small group rooms. Adobe Connect supports me to make interactive trainings via internet.

Adobe Connect review by User

"Adobe, a quick and easy solution "

What do you like best?

It loads very quickly, and is easy to use. Breakout rooms can be created. Simultaneous speakers can use their mics at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to poke around a bit with the pods and commands to figure thins out. For example, many team members were stuck on removing the video pod and couldn't figure out how to turn it off or even move it so that it didn't block the presentation. We did find the solution but it was not easy to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick to load and can support learners in an area where there is a weaker internet connection

There was a an issue with peoples' bandwidths supporting Blackboard so we had to move many platforms to Adobe to assist with larger volumes. It was SO much quicker to get into the room!

Adobe Connect review by Administrator in Alternative Medicine
Administrator in Alternative Medicine

"Good for trainings & recurring meetings "

What do you like best?

The rooms/layouts where you can have different set-ups and saved ppts, videos, etc. The polls are wonderful and help to keep users engaged as well as determine if people are understanding the material.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit hard to learn, and it doesn't have a way to let the boxes break out (think gotomeeting)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful tool, and powerful. Learning how to use it can be tricky, especially if you want to create really interactive and large courses. I would recommend asking for some demos, and perhaps hiring a consultant who can help you understand the best features to take advantage of.

It does integrate with a number of other software programs and learning management systems, which is wonderful!

We use it for distance trainings when learners can't come to an all day meeting in person.

Adobe Connect review by Administrator

"Adobe Connect "

What do you like best?

I love the virtual break out rooms - these are great for group activities where the instructor can drop in and out. The web cams are great for monitoring employee engagement. We also use polling and chat heavily.

What do you dislike?

We work from a VDI and have run into several issues with classroom stability - random crashes, camera pixilation, etc. when we have a large number of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use caution when rolling out to more than 10-15 users at a time & utilizing web cams.

We have worked extensively with Adobe and our IT team with no resolution. While we have found great benefit in this product, but are consistently battling the technology.

Adobe Connect review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Useful for live webinars"

What do you like best?

It is a good platform for a webinar presentation, where you can see the presenter as well as the presented information/notes on the same platform. You can use the sidebar to see who also is watching the presentation and you are often able to interact with the presenter during a live presentation. It is good that you can often access the information later, since it can be archived on the same platform.

What do you dislike?

If your computer system is older, not up to date or you are out of the original country, the application may not work. I have had some problems in the past with not being able to connect to a webinar when I have been out of the county and had some difficulty with troubleshooting and being able to figure out how to be able to interact and watch the webinar.

I have been able to educate myself with work related information seminars. It is wonderful being able to take in information on a web based platform, where I do not have to leave work or my home and gain continuing education courses.

Adobe Connect review by Tella J.
Tella J.

"Adobe Connect Connects"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that it has been around for a while and has a great reputation, easy to use, the ability to record and download recordings as mp4 files. I also like the screen sharing options. Customer Service

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the cost but we checked other services that offered less but did not not come with all the options Adobe Connect did. Would be great to have a dial in service becomes difficult when issues come up and you can tell if it's Adobe, the call services, or your company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's own dial-in service

We do a lot of trainings and recordings started having a number of issues and it was becoming more costly. Needed something more dependable with good customer services to help.

Adobe Connect review by Clark G.
Clark G.

"Works great for meetings, but errors often occur"

What do you like best?

Ability to share voice, screen and video with my audience and get feedback via voice or chat. Polling and "raise hand" features are nice. Ability to record meetings.

What do you dislike?

Feature to record meetings is unreliable - audio gets lost or video gets lost and then the whole recording is a waste. Develop a way to ensure it is recording properly and show a "green light".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider training options to make sure presenters know how to use all of the features built into the tool.

cross-country meetings and training for a widely deployed team both corporate and field.

Adobe Connect review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Great for education and webinars"

What do you like best?

Having been a participant in Adobe Connect meetings, I've not found issue with jumping into the platform/dialing in. For basic market research purposes (IDI interviews, minimal stim), it's great! Features like the backroom chat and ability to have tiers of meeting participants (presenters, hosts, participants) also come in really handy.

What do you dislike?

From a market research ops perspective, it can be a bit clunky to set up, and the video quality is not nearly as strong as some of the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a friendly platform if you're trying to host meetings with audio with several active participants using webcams. However, if you're using it for webinars, educational purposes, or smaller groups or IDI settings, it's perfect! I would also recommend incorporating an external survey feature if you have a need greater than a quick radio button or checkbox poll. As is with most Adobe products I've worked with, it's not always friendly with word documents or powerpoints, so I recommend any documents be exported as PDFs before uploaded to the platform to share.

Having the ability to complete interviews via Adobe Connect allows market research to expand further beyond the traditional focus group, survey, or TDI methods. It's much more personal, and the ability to evaluate stimuli live is incredibly useful. The screenshare capability is great for a user-testing type environment as well!

Adobe Connect review by Malcolm E.
Malcolm E.

"Lots of features but moderate barrier to entry"

What do you like best?

The pods system is incredible - the versatility they offer allows for a lot of niche use cases to proceed with success

What do you dislike?

Memory leaks can cause significant slowdown with each additional participant. Users often get frustrated on initial use and abandon this solution.

Online classroom collaboration - Adobe Connect allows our instructors to offer synchronous class options for remote users.

Adobe Connect review by Anastasiya V.
Anastasiya V.

"gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

you can do polling questions, there are a lot of user functions (chat box, raising hand, yessing, etc). You can upload multiple docs, share screen etc

What do you dislike?

that you need a specified host to join the room and open it up to others. it is also not as intuitive as other platforms like webex

remote meetings are easier with the advent of adobe connect.

Learning about Adobe Connect?

* We monitor all Adobe Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.