Adobe Dreamweaver

Visually design and develop modern, responsive websites. The world’s most complete toolset for web designers and front-end developers lets you create, code, and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen.

Work for Adobe Dreamweaver?
Lunarpages review  2x

Learning about Dreamweaver?

Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews

Showing 1677 Dreamweaver reviews
Dreamweaver review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

Feels a little dated in 2018.

What do you like best?

This web development software had a short stint in the early 2000s where it was clearly the best solution to website designs and developers, but it's fallen behind quite a bit since then- a lot of other software that I've used has improved drastically and either surpassed or caught up to it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it doesn't come down to a single thing- it's a lot of elements that just come together to create an experience that isn't ideal. A lot of the newer features feel like they've just been slapped on, instead of being considered in the overall user experience. It's still a decent piece of software, but frustrations amount often for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not my favourite. If you're a visual designer- I recommend Webflow. If you're a developer, you can use any text editor software (I can't recall, but there's definitely much better than this).

Early on in my career, I used Notepad and Dreamweaver exclusively, but now I end up using Webflow or text editors a lot more frequently than I do Dreamweaver. I probably use it here and there to fix minor things, but it's not my favourite tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver review by <span>Amarjeet S.</span>
Amarjeet S.

Make easy with Dream viewer CC design plan your coding as apart of your averall design palns

What do you like best?

Dream viewer makes a lot easier to determine where your CSS, PHP,JavaScript or HTML coding happens to be.The color coding also highlights what the specific commands can do for the template or page.This makes learning process easier.many programs will let you see the results real time.What many programs on't let you do is see your page in real time on the same screen.With the Code and design view in Dream Viewer my code is on the top and my screen is in the bottom.The side bar lets to navigate through the process.This tool allows users to find and replace the items in their content, in their coding , or even the specific tags.If we need to update the widgets

What do you dislike?

If we are not careful ,this program will take many of the coding responsibilities someone may have.This limits the creativity that can occur within the design.If we don't have access to the dream view user cannot able to code by their own.We have Dozens of undefined styles which interrupts the global styling of the site itself.When i complete the coding and hit enter that naturally unnecessary paragraph codes into design ,this generally does not effect the site but it does a bit difficult to read the code.if i hit enter after inserting a paragraph this code gets into image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Tab functionality incorporated into Dream viewer makes switching between files much easier.Instead of going to many multiple options,you can just keep your files at the ready.This is especially beneficiary if you are using incorporated templates .This is another benefit to the beginner coding .Adobe Dream Viewer is designed to help as many people as possible,most users find that there are items contained within the program that they never use.

It is easy for the positive way of marketing the company profile as in today's market the focus is mainly on web pages,as long as website is well designed it can go long way towards creating positive image of the company.Company news can be quickly displayed online. Having a website assists communication to the organisation is very useful for the business.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Dreamweaver review by <span>Faith B.</span>
Faith B.

Not Always a Dream

What do you like best?

I like that it follows with the traditional sense of how all Adobe products run. I am not a web designer, but keeping that functionality consistent across all platforms makes it a lot easier for me to understand what each tool does and how it can be used in Adobe Dreamweaver.

What do you dislike?

It's not the easiest to use, especially if you are not into coding. When it comes to web design and development, this is not very useful unless you understand code. If you do not understand code, I would recommend using a different platform such as Square Space.

I have also tried using Adobe Dreamweaver for projects like e-Newsletters, and it was so difficult to use. Overall, it just wasn't the best solution for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a coding wizard, choose a different product for your needs.

Currently, I am not using Adobe Dreamweaver for any business-related issues, as I have found that using different platforms such as Square Space is more effective for me personally.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

Best tool for html website development

What do you like best?

Being able to view the code alongside the design view is very helpful for me. I wouldn't consider myself to be a coder, so I need the visual cues to help me decipher what effect the changes in code will have. The various view options make this process possible.

Dreamweaver is an incredibly powerful too for web design. I feel like I have only scratched the surface of what it is capable of doing. connecting your working files with the live version of the site, and deploying changes directly from Dreamweaver is very helpful as well. Working in different code languages can be difficult to decipher at times, but the color coding and predictive auto-filling make it a lot easier to navigate and understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like at times that Dreamweaver adds bits of code that aren't necessary, and need to be cleaned out. The split view makes it easy to catch these things but it would be better if it handled changes as you try things a little better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweavers integration with the other parts of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite also makes it a great addition to your toolbox. I would recommend Dreamweaver to anyone working in code.

Dreamweaver allows me to build HTML websites visually even though I'm not much of a coder. Another big plus for Dreamweaver is how well all of the Creative Cloud apps work together. If you are already using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc and you need to work in HTML as well, this suite of tools will make it easy for you.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Allen A.</span>
Allen A.

Adobe Dreamweaver

What do you like best?

I cannot stress enough about how good dreamweaver is. I know lots of programmers prefer lighter options as sublime for example. I however prefer a software that can do everything for me in one place. Dreamweaver is a centralized piece of software where you can design a site using the many new UI customizations and the from the same app upload it to your web server. Dreamweaver is an all in one amazing tool.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything about this software, setting up a site for the first time can be very discouraging for people who are new using this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any other software that is a little advanced for anybody that is getting started I always recommend some previous training to learn the basics to avoid disappointment. This software is little advanced and requires some basic training.

Keeping content organized, reaching out to the backend of any server at blazing fast speeds to make changes and make them live in a timely manner. Dreamweaver delivers so many tools not available in a standalone coding software.

Dreamweaver review by <span>alan c.</span>
alan c.

Smooth Coding

What do you like best?

this must be the best tool out there when coming to designing websites. it got all the tools and support every script you require to make a website. it checks the codes instantly and highlights the codes for easy working.its extremely useful while working with dynamic coding languages,it got a screen to see the effect of the coding on the screen so you don't have to change screen now and then to check the code. you can also get code suggestions on the go which is really helpful. another great thing i found about Dreamweaver is the ability to link media files to the coding easily.. there are also options t validate the code with the press of a button. the program is quite popular and you can download tons of templates online made for Dreamweaver online. the support from adobe as well as adobe community is great and quite enough to sort out any problems you may face.

What do you dislike?

the program isn't browser-based and this is troubling, you can get it right on the dreamweaver interface and the coding can still crash on the browser so you have to do cross-browser testing after all these. the interface is confusing and can take time to learn even thou you can customize it. its really hard tl learn drewamweaver as a beginner. the program isn't cheap many wont be able to afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the program isn't a necessity but it can make your work so much easier. if you can afford it then i suggest you to go for it.

designing and coding websites.

Learning about Adobe Dreamweaver?

* We monitor all Adobe Dreamweaver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.