Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Adobe Dreamweaver

(2,194 reviews)

Visually design and develop modern, responsive websites. The world’s most complete toolset for web designers and front-end developers lets you create, code, and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen.

Work for Adobe Dreamweaver?

Learning about Dreamweaver?

Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews

Showing 2,220 Dreamweaver reviews
Dreamweaver review by Frederick H.
Frederick H.

"Real-LIfe Dreamweaver review "

What do you like best?

I have been using Adobe Dreamweaver CC for work the last few years and website designers can push their creations to the web faster using Dreamweaver. That is because the application is equipped with templates that can be customized according to businesses’ needs. On top of that, the application also actively assists coders in reading lines of code for them to be able to quickly make edits and updates.

Moreover, the software also provides code hints to further advance learning. Visual aids also help in reducing errors and swiftly finishing sites. So if you code with two displays like me Dreamweaver helps create a faster workflow for all your needs.

One thing I really like is the Graphic user interface (GUI) of Dreamweaver that centers around helping you achieve these three things quickly and intuitively. You can code as well as see what your code is creating via the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). However, if you keep a close eye on your code and design, even the Notepad Purists can argue that DW can create Web Standard code as easily as any other program out there.

What do you dislike?

The Steel learning curve for newbies!

Learning DW for the first can be really daunting just by the user interface alone. Granted things are grouped kinda well, but here are some oddball interface items that can confuse even experienced users.

The tools that DW has to offer come at so many different points of developing a Web Site. For example, you can add your own type of Database using the Testing Server environment but if you are a learner then this will be way over your head.

For me, I find it hard to sometimes explain that a lot of what DW has to offer is for professionals who make large web sites. For the simple design, everything is surrounded by overly complicated things. For example, the standard Interface Layout has the Database / Bindings and Server Behaviour panel, this is way above any beginner and even I don`t use this functionality (main reason is that the server connection scripts DW uses are extremely bloated).

We needed an editor that was more fluid than using Notepad or OpenEdit. Dreamweaver makes the coding seamless and truthfully it is more pleasing than using the basic text editor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Web Design made easy"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is a simple and efficient platform for people who need to design basic sites. Coming from a graphic design background with little to no coding experience this program makes it easier for me to create web design without having to know html. I love that you have the a "live preview" option so you can actually see how the design is coming out while you are still working on it. another great feature is that it helps you build websites for all types of devices, i.e. mobile, ipad, etc.

What do you dislike?

The one downside of this program is how really expensive it is. There are other platforms that offer the same thing for free or at a much lesser rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a great tool to use when you are just getting started with web design. I would recommend using it to begin your development as a web designer and to improve your work. Make sure to use the split view when you can it helps you to see what you are making live.

I use this software for the development and design of simple web pages for clients. It's great that I don't have to know code to be able to design web pages for my clients. It allows me to offer more services to my clients then I could before.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Dreamweaver review by Fernando V.
Fernando V.

"Great and user friendly"

What do you like best?

a very important feature of dreamweaver is the ability to see what you're coding in real time. I allows for better visualization and design. I also like that we don't have to buy an expensive software anymore and this can bought as needed on the monthly basis. I like the integration with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe bridge for asset management

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to "not like" about this product. The only thing I would suggest is a better integration with other adobe software to allow for vector images and automatic integration and conversion to raster. I also think that the panels/ windows can be easier to locate. Overall not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great pricing, easy to use and if one already knows other Adobe products the learning process is easy and intuitive. It is often the case that updates to the software solve some concerns which are promptly addressed

Creating email blasts with coding and elimination having to edit email marketing provider's templates that seem to be a bit clunky at times. I also thing that color matching and image sizing is done with higher accuracy. I know very little HTLM and Adobe Dreamweaver helps me fill-in the knowledge gaps.

Dreamweaver review by Kirsten J.
Kirsten J.

"Makes me look more talented than I am!"

What do you like best?

They program has gotten more and more intuitive over the years. It has gotten easier to use, which has made it look to others like I have greatly improved my skills, but I am certain the improvement can be attributed to Dreamweaver.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a little bit of an issue in the responsiveness of the websites that I have developed, but that can be attributed to user error in most cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the tutorials that Adobe has provided, they answer many of the questions that I had just jumping into the software. If you don't have any experience with coding I highly recommend using Adobe Muse instead.

The workspace allows me to code and see what I am doing at the same time. This has made the process much faster as mistakes are caught immediately and I am not constantly searching through my code to see where I have messed up.

Dreamweaver review by Juan J.
Juan J.

"My coding weapon of choice"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Adobe Dreamweaver is the one web design software that was taught in school for many years now. The design software can be used by beginners and experts alike as it became the staple for web design. I like that Dreamweaver lets you have a split screen for design and code which to me is very useful as I like to visualize the code unlike other software that just don't allow you to have any visualization. I also like the support that you can get through Adobe or pretty much any other means, since Dreamweaver has been around for some time and to me personally is one of the easiest web design software to use. There are lots of information and tutorials that can benefit beginners and experts alike.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes about the software itself. I think the functionality of it is great and can do a lot of of the popular languages HTML, CSS, HTML5, PHP, Java.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is your first time, please go over the many books and tutorials online about web development and coding. Adobe Dreamweaver has been in the industry for years and there is a lot of good quality help out there.

I have learned to revise other HTML issues by simply pasting the code to Dreamweaver and looking for errors. We do a lot of email marketing and thus sometimes create our own HTML code for that using Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver review by John W.
John W.

"An all-in-one solution for any web developer"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you have both a WYSIWYG editor and a code editor. Couple that with the built-in FTP and it really is an all-in-one solution for any web developer. The code formatting is easy to read for any language and not just the standard HTML & CSS. You can customise the interface to show only the panels that you absolutely need for the job at hand. It also has an extension utility where you can install free or purchased plug-ins that extend the capabilities beyond the base install.

What do you dislike?

The code that it generates can be quite bloated with unnecessary spaces and gaps which can make page size bigger than it should be. It also does not have a built-in CSS and javascript compression utility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Adobe Dreamweaver to other users who are looking for a decent piece of software that will enable them to build websites and maintain them. It's an all-in-one solution with the built-in FTP and support for many different web-based languages. The WYSIWYG interface makes it easy to make changes to any design of a website without too much in-depth coding skills.

This software enables me to manage my company's website and do the necessary updates that are required to keep the business running and up-to-date. It resolved the problem of having to learn every single piece of code with its WYSIWYG interface, allowing simple drag and drop for new users.

Dreamweaver review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"Adobe Is excellent."

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver, I love it because it let me preview the things that I design with code. All the products of ADOBE are vanguard in the themes of Graphics, Web, UX/UI design. I really like Dreamweaver because the interface is very friendly to Web designers. I love that.

What do you dislike?

The price is higher for many people and it is a bad thing, they want to use it but they can´t because they can´t pay it so.. I think if many persons would like to use it, it is going to be free and with the downloads Adobe wins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is really good, you can use it always when you need it, if you are a web designer, you are going to really like it.

I can make pages with it so.... I work freelance and I win with that so I can paid it and it is too much good.

Dreamweaver review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Simple Interface, amazing results"

What do you like best?

A few years back Dreamweaver maybe 2014, Adobe released an update to Dreamweaver that allowed for Live View Feature, this really improved efficiency. "New capabilities such as contextual menus and updates to the Insert panel, keyboard shortcuts, and the HTML tag editor make editing and previewing websites faster than ever." - Adobe

What do you dislike?

I think its better now, but when I first started using the software I had a hard time getting familiar with how to use it. The amount of features were overwhelming to the point where I spent more time googling than using the software. I believe its gotten better as the new on boarding experience helps new users get more familiar quicker than before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go head to head with other design software like visual studio and see which software works best for your desired purposes.

A state of the art web design all inclusive software package like this, the benefits speak for themselves. Its almost like Adobe Planned it this way. The new creative cloud suite that allows for simple updates which allows for users to spend their time on production work rather than downloading and problem solving installations.

Dreamweaver review by Jaron K.
Jaron K.

"The Little Program That Does"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver gives me an easy, all-in-one set-up to effectively build out a new site, make edits to one already up, and utilize the Beast that is Adobe and all its mighty platforms. Dreamweaver also has a very thorough set of tools to help make your build be all that it can be. Lastly, this software makes the most of it your system's hardware in that, at least for the Creative Cloud version, it does seem to run fairly smooth - all things being equal.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sheer opportunity available before you can be a bit overwhelming. I also find it to be a bit unstable at times when under heavy load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest a LOT of time learning what Dreamweaver can and can't do, how and how not to do those things, and, finally, execute with excellence. This is a great program if you're looking to get a sneak-peak at your build, fix a quick error in the code, or just see how some edit might look. Either way, Dreamweaver almost does it all, but it also always does it with skill.

Adobe Dreamweaver helps us find long-term, highly effective solutions by simplifying the tasks that too often get in the way by frustrating us to no end. We have benefited greatly in the following ways: 1) by having a fast, reliable means to implement in real-time edits to a website build; 2) by giving us a visual medium that we can share with our clients in a simple, secure way; and finally, 3) by giving us the ability to save our projects on the Cloud.

Dreamweaver review by thom y.
thom y.

"Good to make a website being just a graphic designer"

What do you like best?

I dont need to be an expert on code, I can use my design knowledge and if need something specific from a code I can google it. I can switch between code, graphic and mixed view, that way I can focus on an specific aspect of the website Im building or can see both at the same time. You can also see an offline website before you upload all the files on the server, that way you can work on it without showing to the world while you are editing the website.

What do you dislike?

You need to spend so much time to build a very complete website. Is not a very friendly app like wordpress, so you must spend several time to be able to use the app properly, sometimes is hard to connect to the server and there are no plugins or templates like wordpress have, so everything that is on the site must be done by you and that makes you spend more time working on it, that is a big negative point compared with wordpress

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a nice software for graphic designers when starting on the web designing business, it helps you a lot to understand some basics concepts like FTP, Database, Server, hosting, domain, etc.

When a client ask specifically for a website without using wordpress, 100% made by me. The most comun problem I solved with this is make a website responsive 100%

Dreamweaver review by John B.
John B.

"Dreamweaver Packs Renewed Power for Deploying Websites to Any Device"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver has added new tools to easily deploy multiple versions of websites to computers, tablets, mobile devices and even mobile apps. In many cases this is accomplished with a simple "toggle" to view the same design on multiple devices. Then the code can be modified to better optimize the site for each device, operating system or environment. Perhaps the best feature for regular users of Adobe products such as Photoshop and Illustrator is the tight integration between those design applications and Dreamweaver. In the past it was necessary to "finalize" graphics to be placed in web design programs, including Dreamweaver. But now the original files can be kept essentially "as-is", brought into Dreamweaver, and when edited the program shows those changes instantly -- a tremendous improvement which is also a boon for workgroups.

What do you dislike?

However the massive addition of new features came with a cost: interface confusion and clutter. It simply is not as easy to find features and organize your project as it was before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe has a 30 day trial, so anyone can take advantage and open the hood. My suggestion would be to hit the ground running, bringing a specific design or website plan to the trial, instead of mere tinkering. It would be a far more "real world" experience to evaluate.

Dreamweaver makes rapid prototyping possible for even a beginning user, which is a constant need in the corporate environment these days. Dreamweaver also provides easy sever setup -- reducing the need to constantly involve the IT department to set things up. Adobe also gave Dreamweaver quick and easy database access and deployment. That means even designers can add data-driven abilities to their design prototypes in minutes instead of hours.

Dreamweaver review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"It's consistently improved over the years"

What do you like best?

I like the dual frames. As a fairly amateur coder, the preview frame helps ensuring the code is up to snuff. I also like that it recommends classes and ids that are already defined in the document. I also like that dreamweaver brought the inspect feature from Chrome.

What do you dislike?

I wish the live field was a little more interactive. I end up spending more time trying to figure out the correct way to code it than just typing or moving things around in the wysiwyg editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. It works well for amateurs and professional coders as well. Dreamweaver guides you through many expected issues and often helps to complete code fully and correctly with autofill.

It has many features that I don't even know about and seems to have a few bugs here and there, but nothing that's a real deal-breaker. I'm not a fan of the Creative Cloud subscription service, but it does keep it updated with the latest features on a regular basis. Even the major updates only take a few minutes to install. Do yourself a favor and get it now.

I'm doing many things that I wouldn't normally be able to do with just a simple non-preview code editor. I'm making custom intranet pages (with a lot of Googling) and forming things I would never have on my own.

Dreamweaver review by Jessica A.
Jessica A.

"Web Design with Promise"

What do you like best?

I've used several website designing systems before and I find, as I often do with Adobe systems, that I prefer Dreamweaver over all others. My professional team is still in the process of designing an official website, but through it we've had the best success with Dreamweaver. The live preview is a fantastic feature that has helped me spot many errors in not only code but also design. Code Highlighting has also been a lifesaver because it makes finding my mistakes so much easier.

What do you dislike?

The code needed to make certain processes happen can be bulky sometimes, but that's normal for any coding software. I haven't gotten the chance to utilize all the features available, and I feel some of that comes from how hidden certain features are. I know that it would cause a lot of bloating on the pages to make everything very obvious, but I feel there's so much that it can be overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go into it have a basic understanding FIRST, don't just try and learn it all at once. It will overwhelm you if you do. Also, take advantage of the many tutorials online, and practice with them. Even if its not for a project you need, get practice in before you dive headfirst.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver for both personal and professional use. I've been able to create websites for profit on the side to generate extra income because of my understanding of the basics and beyond of dreamweaver in addition to my coding experience.

Dreamweaver review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Adobe Dreamweaver review"

What do you like best?

I loved how the program gives options on reformatting and custom formatting.

What do you dislike?

Though I love all adobe products for my design; I find this the most modernized and difficult of their softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch videos online for support in navigating the program, as well as taking time to learn the basics on your own time at home. Become familiar with any adobe programs for best use, including but not excluded to adobe photoshop, adobe indesign, adobe illustrator. Keeping your teammates and classmates in network about the general guidelines of any task using this product helps. It takes up a lot of battery and space on your computer, so I recommend really limiting the amount of other applications, internet windows, and other documents that you have open in your desktop or laptop computer. Under files, edit, type, illustrations- try to become familiar with the programs tools and how you can manipulate things within the program.

I didn't have any issues using this program for work. I've realized most designers use mostly adobe programs and keeping it within the family tends to be helpful.

Dreamweaver review by PEDRO G.
PEDRO G.

"Good web designer"

What do you like best?

good environment for the development and design of web pages. It allows visual design, code editing or both at the same time. Includes lot of pulgins and addons for code self-generation and debugging.

It also allows at any time to see the result in real time of the document that is being edited. The colors that it offers allow to distinguish perfectly the different types of codes like (HTML, Javascript, CSS ...).

What do you dislike?

The problem with this tool is that they are becoming outdated with respect to other free and open source solutions. There are many text editors for web development, and although Dreamweaver is very complete and powerful, it has some shortcomings that should be enhanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work in development or web design, and you need some of the Adobe tools such as photoshop, Illutrator, Indesign ... The Adobe package includes Dreamweaver which is an excellent tool to develop and design web pages.

in our organization it is used as a complement to other editors for the development and design of simple web pages for clients. is part of the Adobe package and as we need Adobe Photoshop for the designers we take advantage of the rest of the package.

Dreamweaver review by manuel C.
manuel C.

"Dreamweaver el mejor software para diseñadores web."

What do you like best?

Bueno para manejar dreamweaver debes tener un conocimiento medio, mas sin embargo a incorporado plantillas para facilitar su uso así como también opciones que facilitan el trabajo para personas no tan avanzadas pero luego que ya le tomas el hilo posee todas las herramientas necesarias para diseñar cualquier pagina web profesional y con grandes detalles y modificaciones tanto en la interface como en el diseño de tu pagina o código que utilices. Una de las cosas que mas me gusta es su navegador en vivo puedes editar e ir viendo como va quedando tu trabajo, Si seleccionas un elemento Html te ubica el archivo css, acepta variables css y muchas otras configuraciones.

What do you dislike?

Bueno lo único que me disgusta es que cuando cambio el valor de la variable no se actualiza, no eh encontrado otra cosa que me disguste.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si buscas una herramienta para diseñar webs desde cero o continuar trabajos hacer paginas interactivas esta es la indicada.

Perfecto para desarrollar sitios web personales y para clientes, cargar documentos y terminarlos así como también iniciarlos desde cero.

Dreamweaver review by Antonio M.
Antonio M.

"excellent WYSIWYG html editor"

What do you like best?

the CSS3 Transitions tab visually helps to create "special effects"; visual preview that also supports HTML5 and the ability to interact with Business Catalyst, hosting platform that allows you to create ecommerce sites thanks to preconfigured modules.

Convenience in working on multiplatform sites with media queries, thanks to the insertion of fluid grid layouts, comfort in the management of screens for multi-resolution previews and the interaction with jQuery and jQuery Mobile is equally convenient.

The integrated FTP client is very efficient and fast enough.

What do you dislike?

One point to the detriment, in my opinion, is the difficulty of managing jobs where team development is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need software to manage less complex projects, where you do not need to develop in teams, it's the one for you

speed in the development and management of web applications, where team work is not required and where server-level problems are minimal

Dreamweaver review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"It takes a more experienced person to dive in all the features, but does everything a web dev needs"

What do you like best?

Once you overcome the learning curve, Dreamweaver has every feature needed for designing, testing, and launching websites to their full potential. The limitation is only in the user's skillset and knowledge of HTML, CSS, javascript, and any code in general. The best feature is the cross platform testing, where you can preview the finished code in a polished format on small - to - large screens and multiple browsers to ensure cross-browser/platform compatibility. The second best feature is how it automatically parses and highlights code, allowing you to jump around from line to line, while visually seeing the colors change depending on the type of string. The CTRL+F (FIND) feature is powerful, as it allows you to search throughout a websites entire structure, an entire folder, or if you wanted to simply the document that is open. So you can search for a small code string in an entire websites files.

What do you dislike?

It does have a large learning curve, the UI, typical to all Adobe software in the suite, can be a bit intimidating at first, and may hide features unbeknownst to the user. Requiring the average user to forage into tutorials and online help forums or the Adobe help site to dive into some of the most beneficial features of the program, such as the "Put" and "Get" functions and the customization of server-to-local file synchronization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all the bells and whistles, and this program will become an anchor for life. Whenever and wherever, I'm always referring back to the program for even basic tasks to more complicated client-driven initiatives. Because it's technical yet also very simple - it can come in handy in a variety of scenarios. You can even LIVE PREVIEW websites as you're messing with the code.

Building websites for clients, from scratch using HTML, CSS, Javascript, and flash. I am able to design full interactive web pages using designs from Photoshop or Illustrator, and convert them into user-friendly, fully functioning websites.

Dreamweaver review by Pedro L.
Pedro L.

"Gran editor para todos los perfiles profesionales"

What do you like best?

Es un editor muy completo que permite realizar trabajos de diseño y desarrollo web sin necesidad de tener amplios conocimientos de código, aunque es recomendable saber algo de html y css.

Su interfaz y sus asistentes hacen que el proceso de maquetación sea sumamente intuitivo, merece la pena cuando tu equipo esta formado o integrado por diseñadores gráficos que tienen nociones de desarrollo web. Se integra perfectamente con mobil first y con plataformas como wordpress.

What do you dislike?

Consume demasiados recursos y no facilita el código identado por si mismo. Me gustaría poder cambiar el fondo a negro con facilidad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una herramienta muy interesante cuando se trabaja con diseñadores gráficos que controlan algo de html sin dominar íntegramente el código.

Imprescindible en diseño desarrollo y maquetación de páginas web y plantillas para tiendas virtuales. También lo usamos para generar cómodamente animaciones con css3.

Dreamweaver review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Great for all levels of coding"

What do you like best?

I love how the software has auto fill options. It makes it great for beginners and experts who want to move through their code quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the tabs and how it doesn't always make it clear what tab your are on and which ones are your CSS and which ones are your HTML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you buy the Adobe suite because creating designs for your web page on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Once the design is created and saved it is easy to add the jpeg of pdf to your code and have it appear on the site you are creating. Very expensive but worth it if you rely on it for your job or educational duties.

One great benefit is you can preview how your code works in an actual web browser before you save over previous work. It also finds errors in your code quickly so you aren't having to review every single character in the code to find your issue.

Dreamweaver review by Sheetal P.
Sheetal P.

"Adobe Dreamweaver Review"

What do you like best?

There are many good features that come with Adobe Dreamweaver.

I like that I can easily connect through FTP or using other methods in order to remote websites and to keep everything in sync. Dreamweaver has a great set of features, but I prefer the real-time preview and code management features and cleanup. It allows me to customize the fonts and coloring for the script and it makes the code easy to view and work with. The menu for code editing and options is well-organized and you can easily find commands even though you are not familiar with the product well.

What do you dislike?

I found it hard to determine the layout without running the site, but I believe that this is not the limitation that comes from Dreamweaver. I don’t have any real dislikes about this product. However, it can be slow from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Adobe Dreamweaver. It's one of the best software in the market for web designing. With its full raft of features an extensive selection of tools, Abode Dreamweaver CC is suitable for building complex and cutting-edge websites as well as simpler pages. On top of that, if you are a creative cloud use it offers a surfeit amount of templates to work with for web development, cloud storage, and many other features. In my opinion, it's really worth investing, for the features and support it provides.

As web-designer sometimes it can be hard to come up with my own templates. I work in a marketing department and often redesign and rebuild multiple websites, all of these websites are similar to each other but they all have unique features. This software helps me with great templates and CSS. With this tool, I can easily design and work on my projects. As a creative cloud user, it offers great updates and templates that are easy to use and attractive. I can easily navigate through the files. I can get my project set up quickly and effortlessly. Licensing cost are easy because it is a part of the creative cloud, it has great integrations with other Adobe products that makes the managing of web code easy. In nutshell, it offers a great and intuitive interface for writing codes.

Dreamweaver review by Shanna M.
Shanna M.

"Great for all skill levels, best for pro users"

What do you like best?

Best thing is the split screen gui, so you can use the html you know while continuing to learn more of the code while at the same time using an easy drag-and-drop, what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface. The drop-down menus of suggested/auto-complete text when using the text/html editor side of the split screen is additionally helpful for learning code variations and nuances.

What do you dislike?

Can be unnecessarily heavy for non-pro users and a difficult learning curve for newbies, but can also be a great learning tool for the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a novice to web design, or uncertain that you will be spending a lot of time working on web design, I don't recommend starting with this product. Test out other cheaper or free options first. But, if you are an experienced web designer, or know that this is a career you'll be embarking upon, this product is a great investment. Once you have learned a bit of html, or have tested out similar - but less robust - programs, Dreamweaver should be your final go-to program.

One thing I've always loved about Adobe Dreamweaver is the easy-to-use file transfer protocol (FTP), which makes it easy to edit websites from anywhere with an internet connection, and enables ease of file-sharing among content contributors and web designers. The check-in/check-out tag for files is also a great feature when multiple users are collaborating on content, although forgetting to disable it can lead to annoying/unnecessary reminders if you are not in a collaborative situation.

Dreamweaver review by Yolimar T.
Yolimar T.

"Excellent software! I don't need to manually program the HTML code. "

What do you like best?

It allows me to quickly add design and functionality to the pages, additionally I can use extensions, which are small programs that any user can write, download and install, offering features added to the application.we can highlight its support of the standards of the World Wide Web Consortium and uses web technology such as CSS and Java Script. On the other hand when we use Dreamweaver to create a Web page it automatically inserts the necessary labels to build the page with the appearance and content defined in the graphical editor. It can be used by any user to create websites without being professional and it is also very good you can create tables, edit frames, work with layers, insert JavaScript behavior, etc., in a very simple and visual.

What do you dislike?

You pay for the license and the price is very high compared to similar programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent tool and if you're not a professional you don't have to worry because the internet is a great help, there are tutorials where they teach you how to create a website and use the other Adobe applications that can be added to our website.

It helped me to expand my creativity and increased my curiosity to use all the tools of this web designer, but more than anything it helps them to design their own website with everything they want to put.

Dreamweaver review by Ramon G.
Ramon G.

"A full environment to create websites"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver it the best software to develop static (and not so static) websites. It's compatible with the actual languages but it's oriented to the HTML with CSS and PHP part. It include a dual view, where you can see the code and the rendered website in real time. Also include a WYSWYG with the normal functions, that it's useful

What do you dislike?

Not all options that you will need are available with the mouse in the menus and side bars, therefore you need a good level of programming to get a full website with a nice aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver it's a very good program for people that develop websites, it's fast and easy to use. The dual view is perfect when you are setting the CSS properties.

With Dreamweaver I develop some parts of the websites that I do with CMS like Drupal or WordPress because I get the code ready with much less effort than with the integrated WYSWYG of CMS.

Also I use Dreamweaver for develop small websites that normally don't need database connection neither availability of different users

Dreamweaver review by Adrian M.
Adrian M.

"Top application for designing"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver makes it much easier to determine where your CSS, PHP, JavaScript or HTML code is, in such a way that the learning process is much faster to be able to use the program as soon as possible with all its functions. Many programs will allow you to see the result in real time, which is very good for companies that are dedicated to this sector. It makes things much easier without any doubt.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems that Dreamweaver adds pieces of code that are not necessary, and that need to be removed. This is a thing that ends up tiring, since they have to be removed manually. Although it is not a fat problem that affects, the question of updating the program without this failure should be raised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this program because it has all kinds of functions. Web design is essential for any company in this sector. Do not do like me, I did not start using it until I really saw the great potential of this application. I definitely recommend 100% to change to this program, you will notice the difference

The use of Adobe Dreamweaver for any company in the sector is essential, and really if you do not have this application you are losing many customers. There are many companies that are dedicated to the same, but if you do your job well, rest assured that a large number of new clients will be interested in working with you. The sector of web pages is growing a lot in recent years, so you will never be short of work using this program.

Dreamweaver review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Perfect Text Editor for Front End Devs"

What do you like best?

Easily the best feature of Dreamweaver is the ability to see live visual updates as you code.

What do you dislike?

Two major pain points when I use Dreamweaver are the auto-closing tags (sometimes closing out of order) and images not updating when I upload a new image to our server, even when you tell it to reload images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver is, in my opinion, the best available text editor to show live results. I know the program has many more capabilities than I use it for, such as embedding libraries such as Bootstrap and jQuery, but it definitely fits my needs.

My primary uses for Dreamweaver are writing HTML emails and doing HTML and CSS coding before applying it to our WordPress site. It's much easier to do the coding in Dreamweaver and link our CSS files so I can see the live updates of what I'm coding compared to doing everything in Wordpress, saving, and reloading the page to see the outcome.

Dreamweaver review by Natalia Q.
Natalia Q.

"It's falling behind despite the pros it has"

What do you like best?

It's easier and more intuitive than other similar software. I feel it's best for someone how's new to webdesign or IUIX development. The layout and general feel of the display feels more comfortable and it's easier to manage. Also, there's a huge community where you can always find help for any issue or question.

What do you dislike?

Compared to others like Muse it's falling behind and I don't believe it will be able to keep up with the competition in the next few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While is has it's own charm, I would totally pick Muse over DreamWeaver since it has more tools and it's easier to understand things like responsive menus and such.

AS I said before, for web design (such as mock ups and tryouts for clients) and IUIX and other kinds of app development (mostly oriented to mock up and to check on the client first). A lot of new online classes or tutorials are already switching to new options while DreamWeaver fails to adapt and improve.

Dreamweaver review by Fernando S.
Fernando S.

"El mejor editor HTML para usuarios avanzados"

What do you like best?

Si eres un usuario avanzado y conoces bien HTML / CSS, Dreamweaver es el programa para ti, su inspección de código es la mejor disponible y la visualización wysiwyg es la más fiel a lo que veras en tu navegador que hemos probado, genera códigos muy limpios y cuenta con una infinidad de recursos, tanto de HTML5 cuanto de optimización de código que te permiten crear páginas rápidas utilizando las ultimas tecnologias .

What do you dislike?

No es para principiantes, sino para usuarios avanzados, su uso no es intuitivo y la curva de aprendizaje para su utilización puede hacer que más de uno elija otra alternativa, pero si eres un profesional o si tienes aspiraciones de hacer páginas web profesionalmente es una herramienta indispensable de aprender.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben, Dreamweaver ofrece un increíble retorno de la inversión.

Creación de páginas web más complejas que las creadas con Muse, exige la colaboración de un programador y aumenta el tiempo del proyecto, en comparación pero te da mucho mas libertad ya que puedes usar cualquier recursos o librerías disponibles.

Dreamweaver review by Marta S.
Marta S.

"Lo mejor para la creación de páginas webs"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver es un excelente editor de páginas web, incluye bootstrap que permite la creación de páginas web interactivas, responsivas y con énfasis en dispositivos móviles (mobile first) un requisito necesario en cualquier página web que quiera tener buen posicionamiento en los buscadores hoy en dia. Además te permite modificar páginas web que utilicen bootstrap aunque tengan sido hechas usando otro editor. Tales bibliotecas nos facilitan mucho el trabajo y reducen la cantidad de código necesario además de tener compatibilidad universal.

What do you dislike?

Su estabilidad es siempre una incógnita, funciona fenomenal a la mayoría de los trabajadores en nuestra empresa pero en mi equipo, específicamente se cierra varias veces al dia, estamos en contacto con el soporte de Adobe para solucionarlo, pero de momento aún no tenemos solución definitiva... pero lo más probable es que sea algun otro software en el equipo que esté interfiriendo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver garantiza el retorno de la inversión con sus actualizaciones frecuentes y, estando a tanto tiempo en el mercado, es muy improbable que pase lo mismo que con Adobe Muse (descontinuado)

Somos una empresa "puntocom" así que la creación y edición de contenido HTML es esencial para nuestro negocio, Dreamweaver es sin dudas uno de los programas más utilizados en la empresa.

Dreamweaver review by Irina G.
Irina G.

"Esencial para el desarrollo de cualquier .com"

What do you like best?

Distinto de otros softwares, incluyendo de Adobe, Dreamweaver nunca intentó ser el programa para todos, mantuvieron enfocados en usuarios avanzados, añadiendo más funciones y atajos (como la nueva edición rápida de CSS a través de la ventana de HTML) y crearon un programa separado (Adobe Muse) para los con menos conocimiento técnico. En mi opinión fue la apuesta correcta de Adobe ya que la simplificación de la interfaz muchas veces termina por alienar a los usuarios de toda la vida que ya conocen muy bien el programa.

What do you dislike?

Podrían añadir más plantillas y plugins, Dreamweaver ya incluye alguna pero no más que un par de ellas... pero eso es buscar algo de qué quejarse ya que probablemente seguiríamos utilizando nuestras plantillas propias.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Difícilmente alguien usara Dreamweaver sin Photoshop y (quizás) Illustrator o otros programas... miren las suscripciones a los paquetes de Adobe que ofrecen mucho mejor valor que programas sueltos, además ofrecen pruebas gratuitas (aunque dudo que un desarrollador aun no lo conozca).

Somos una empresa .com así que es el software más importante de todos, para nosotros... nuestra empresa está prácticamente hecha en Dreamweaver y aunque haya una infinidad de otros editores HTML, ninguno ofrece ni de cerca el valor que aporta Dreamweaver, hacer paginas responsivas en un editor más de "texto" dificulta bastante nuestro trabajo.

Dreamweaver review by Iker  J.
Iker J.

"Essential to develop basic HTML websites"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver was the basic application to develop HTML since much years ago, it's a reference. On of the best things, which is what I value most is the possibility of has the code in one side and the preview of the website in the other side, its really handy.

What do you dislike?

You need basic knowledge to start to using it. With "the mouse" just you can do a few options, and the rest you need to write the code. Apart Adobe Dreamweaver adds some parts of code that is not needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to do basic tasks. Compatible with different formats, HTML, CSS, JS, AJAX. The two sides view its one of the best things.

Basically I edit all websites from clients with this program. Also in new websites developed by content managers (CMS) its useful to edit some parts of the web with better WYSWYG that includes the normal CMS.

Dreamweaver review by Sergio A.
Sergio A.

"Adobe Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

Como muchos programas de adobe, Dreamweaver es el estándar de la industria para la edición HTML, sus actualizaciones frecuentes te aseguran que siempre tiene compatibilidad con los estándares más recientes y Bootstrap (4.0 en la versión más actual) que le permite desarrollar páginas web receptivas para dispositivos móviles con una industria marco estándar ... sin duda una potencia de HTML5 que más que vale su inversión.

También es una ventaja que, al ser un líder de la industria, la cantidad de material de aprendizaje y el contenido del foro para este producto es enorme, lo que facilita cualquier transición.

What do you dislike?

Es un poco difícil de navegar al principio porque no todo está delante de ti como en las opciones del menú. también debe conocer el lenguaje HTML y CSS antes de usarlo, por lo que es importante que vea videos. Además, no pierdas tu paciencia mientras trabajas en él, lo que hace que un sitio web sea difícil. Si estás acostumbrado a usar cosas como Sublime, entonces estarás bien. Cuando comencé a usar el programa, aprendí los conceptos básicos y eso todavía era difícil, así que esfuerzate..., también te muestra una descripción general de los elementos del menú. Tener que volver a revisar todo es un poco difícil, pero con la práctica todo mejora.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo Adobe Dreamweaver a todo el mundo que quiera diseñar una pagina web a nivel profesional

Uso el programa para modificar textos y la web de la empresa en la que trabajo, el área logística de la web la diseño yo con Adobe Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver review by Patricia M.
Patricia M.

"Dreamweaver can save you time if it doesn't annoy you first"

What do you like best?

I like that you can find and replace in an entire site, if you have site set up properly. This can be very convenient. However, you can no longer export a list of results for search terms,. I also like that you can select sections through the organization of the document. This is convenient when trying to fish out problems within a document, especially when identifying missing tags.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of errors in this program. I have a window that is always there, won't close. What is that? I have to open other windows in front of it. Also, why can't I hit enter to complete my shortcut text? So I annoying. I have also had issues with opening custom file types, like .ss for SilverStripe. I used to use the site preview tool but didn't bother figuring it out now that the site is responsive. Can I even do that?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll have to learn it if you want it to work better for you, otherwise use a simple text editor that color codes for you.

Well it's easy to transfer files between local computer and the server. The organization of the site within Dreamweaver is helpful as well as all the opportunities to use shortcuts.

Dreamweaver review by Enio G.
Enio G.

"Excellent for designing web pages"

What do you like best?

The main feature of Adobe Dreamweaver is the design view, which can be displayed in real time the code that is written in the code view. The highlighting of errors is good and allows to verify the errors which saves a lot of programming time. It has useful functions such as file manager and accessibility checks.

What do you dislike?

It is not a powerful tool for those developers with extensive experience. There are more complete solutions in that aspect. Dreamweaver is more oriented to the visual and simplicity but the price is expensive compared to other softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best web design platforms on the market despite not being so comfortable. In my opinion it is more oriented to graphic designers who want to start in the world of web programming since it incorporates many preset options in which code time is saved also comes loaded with templates that provide many different options for site designs.

In my company Adobe Dreamweaver has been used for many years, so the experience plays an important role when it comes to training new staff. Dreamweaver has been easily adapted to graphic designers since its intuitive interface is showing in real time what is being encoded, and better yet, the built-in functions have been very helpful.

Dreamweaver review by Noah H.
Noah H.

"Just as functional as ever!"

What do you like best?

I've found that Dreamweaver's real-time feedback helps me to rapidly prototype sites, decreasing the time that it takes for me to get my work done. The program feels familiar nowadays, as I've gotten used to its layout over the past few years.

What do you dislike?

The interface has become a bit busy over the past few versions, making it quite arcane and difficult for beginners to get into if they aren't already intimately familiar with where the various tools and windows are normally situated. Thankfully, Adobe is taking steps to make the interface more readable for power users and beginners alike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is fantastic for getting started with web development, and its WYSIWYG editor has been its strongest feature for me so far. I recommend using this to start your journey as a web developer and combine it with other web dev tools in order to improve your work. Using this in combination with tools like SublimeText for regex-style edits has increased my work speed considerably over the past few years. Make use of the developer-focused split view when you can, as it beats needing to have multiple programs open at once to check your work.

I've optimized my workflow for bootstrapped sites considerably since starting to use Dreamweaver, and am more easily to work on sites collaboratively with co-workers. Being able to make quick changes and see them in real-time using its WYSIWYG editor has been a godsend on some tightly-scheduled gigs.

Dreamweaver review by Carlos G.
Carlos G.

"Ideal for non-programmers"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is the possibility of generating code easily. This is a great advantage especially for designers or people who are not closely linked to software development. The tool of visaulzar in real time changes, is also very helpful, since it allows to go visualizing what is working.

What do you dislike?

Because it has so many options, it is a bit heavy, it may take a while to load. Being so extensive, learning to use it correctly can take a long time. It could have a greater degree of integration with other products of the Adobe family, this would make it more comfortable to work with the entire Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver is an ideal tool for people who start in the development of web pages, and especially for designers, its Adobe interface makes any user who comes from another Adobe application such as photoshop, Illustrator, etc easy to become familiar with this new environment.

With dreamweaver I have developed multiple web solutions, from static pages of informative type, to dynamic solutions that incorporate functions in PHP, such as sending forms, registers, etc. Unlike other applications, Dreamweaver allows me to automate many tasks that would be manual with other software.

Dreamweaver review by Shelby B.
Shelby B.

"Solid software, with some complaints about CC"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy Dreamweaver's easy interface and integration across other Adobe products. Updating linked files is very easy with the autofill file search feature.

What do you dislike?

The new version of CC Dreamweaver alters how multiple open documents show up within Dreamweaver. In the past a newly-opened file would automatically take up half the space – now I often have to undock a file from Dreamweaver and resize it, which is inefficient especially when working on one screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beyond the usefulness of the software, the Adobe community is excellent – due to so many users and how ubiquitous the product is, finding a solution to an issue online on a forum is usually easy.

Dreamweaver works really well as an editor for our HTML5/javascript banner ads – our design and dev teams both have access to it so troubleshooting is straightforward. The layout makes it easy to see what changes have been made to each document, and loading an updated banner ad into an existing document is very easy (especially with intuitive autofill when selecting a file). We also use Dreamweaver to generate stage links with consistent branded CSS to show clients how banner ads function before uploading them to adwords.

Dreamweaver review by William W.
William W.

"Dreamweaver is good at a few things, but not a be all end all"

What do you like best?

I do a lot of tables at work so having a visual aid while developing them is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

While DW is a decent editor, it's full of stuff that a lot of people will never need. I rarely use it anymore, just for a few very specific tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a heavy text editor developer like sublime or VSC, there's almost no need to use Adobe DreamWeaver. But if you do design as well as code, DW hits a certain sweet spot that plain text editors just can't do. That being said, the software is well implemented but there's a lot of bloat that doesn't need to be there for a seasoned veteran or hardcore dev. This product is geared more toward office professionals who need to update web content or do daily/weekly small tasks while not breaking the company website.

Also, if you have the Adobe Creative Cloud, it comes with your subscription so you may already be paying for it and never use it. I'd suggest taking it for a test drive and see for yourself if you enjoy the interface before making a judgement.

I save time developing tables and other visual html elements with DW. So if you have very specific use cases for this software, I'd stick with a normal text editor. It's integration with PS and other Adobe products is also pretty great! Pushing up to git is simple with the integrated console, so they have that going for them as well.

Dreamweaver review by Igor Vinícius d.
Igor Vinícius d.

"Still the best HTML editor around"

What do you like best?

As many adobe software, Dreamweaver is the industry standard for HTML edition, its frequent updates ensure you always have compatibility with the latest standards and Bootstrap (4.0 in the laest version) that allows you to develop responsive, mobile-first webpages with a industry-standard framework... undoubtely a HTML5 powerhouse that more than worth its investiment.

Its also a plus that, being a industry leader, the ammount of learning material and forum contents for this product is huge, making any transition way easier.

What do you dislike?

Not about functionality itself but the ltest versions feel a little bloated, it doesnt perform as well as used to in our environment... tht said, we do need a system update so shouldnt be a problem for most users, still highly recommended software that could meet all the html development needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Cretive cloud subscriptions are affordable today, just go for it.

HTML design, mainly hotsites for marketing campaigns also to edit some wordpress themes and plugins and other codes used in the current (and some past) webpages... we are users of adobe software for ages.

Dreamweaver review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Programa ideal para diseño web html, php, java, css, etc"

What do you like best?

lo que más me gusta de este programa:

Es un programa muy facil e intuitivo para los profesionales, puedes hacer todo tipo de páginas en codigos php, html, java, css, usar plantillas, trabajar solo en codigo o tambien visualizar lo que haces en distintos exploradores web como firefox, safari, explorer, opera y colgar la web directamente desde el mismo. Muy comodo de utilizar. Para principiantes para aprender tambien esta muy bien.

- Otra cosa para lo que sirve es como editor de textos y codigo, va bastante bien y es un mas a mas, un todo en uno en un solo programa.

- Esta en distintos sistemas tanto como por pc como por mac.

- No ocupa mucho espacio en la memoria.

What do you dislike?

las cosas mas negativas:

- es un programa bastante caro, estaria bien un poco mas barato, sobretodo si eres freelance.

- para principiantes puede ser un programa un poco dificil de utilizar, todo y ser muy visual hay temas como el de los codigos html, java, etc que tienes que haberlo estudiado antes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo este programa a todas las personas que han de diseñar páginas web o hacer codigo de texto. es un programa imprescindible con una interfaz fácil de utilizar y muy visual. Se puede usar de manera mas profesional o para principiantes. Muy buen programa.

me ha solucionado muchas veces problemas que he tenido a la hora de programar ya que te dice donde puede haber el fallo en el codigo y puedes comprobar visualmente como se observa la página web en distintos exploradores.

Dreamweaver review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"Programming Made Easier"

What do you like best?

I love the documentation of the application. It is easy to learn when you are a beginner and there are plenty of videos and tutorials that will help you get started. I love the responsive features that allow me to see how my designs will fit screen sizes for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. It makes testing easier and less of a hassle in the long run.

What do you dislike?

When first learning and opening the application, it can be hard to figure out what you need to do to get started. The blank spaces all over the screen can be hard to navigate a figure out how to use them. I can't really complain too much about this product, it is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the entire Adobe suite can get expensive, its really worth it to invest in the creative cloud. This is because everything connects so effortlessly within the entire system.

I use Dreamweaver to quickly mockup website designs that can help show the client how the finished product would look in real time with responsive functionality. I love how you can switch between a standard view or developer view, it really allows me to communicate my designs to my team, or lets me focus on what task is at hand.

Dreamweaver review by An M.
An M.

"Great catch all coding program, needs help with the Help Center."

What do you like best?

I like that I can open up my prototype builds on a browser with a few keystrokes. I love that I can make mass edits easily and that I get the option of viewing code only or visuals or both. It's a simple way to make quick edits and then share them with other developers.

What do you dislike?

It comes at a cost as most good things do. There are many free tools out there, none usually offer as many tools and help as Adobe's products do as well as the forums. It's not the most straightforward platform at times but its a good balance between a robust tool and a beginner tool. More videos in the help center would be great, and some version differences in the help center would be very helpful.

This would be great for when you are trying to figure something out and looking through the help center, finding out the different ways to do the same thing in different version would be super helpful.

Having the different Adobe templates as a starting point is great but for novices, it's hard to know what elements can work for a hybrid email template and what only works for some. I will often search in the app for an answer only to have to turn to an online browser and find what I'm trying to do on 3rd party forums before I find it on the Adobe help center.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have started to include helpful tips and tutorials, but I always find 3rd party sites more helpful for finding out how to complete specific tasks on your platform. Having better start to finish tutorials on the product would help me solve for a specific business need start to finish would be amazing.

I use Dreamweaver to edit free email templates that I find for a variety of different uses and also sources. I also use Dreamweaver to quality check code coming in from independent parties.

Dreamweaver review by Emil G.
Emil G.

"makes the web programing easier"

What do you like best?

how i said in the title, this program makes the web programing easier.

What do you dislike?

i hate the price of this program, it gets me upset

Recommendations to others considering the product

We already know that DW offers a static view of our open files, but what about "dynamic views" of an application like WordPress?

First, we have to tell DW what configuration to use to present our "dynamic views" correctly. To do this, select Request HTTP Settings from the menu View the Live View options, and then enter the GET or POST parameters you need to view your application correctly.

Then when switching to Live View in DW, it replaces the old design view panel with a pixel rendering perfect WebKit live of your page; complete with live JavaScript, DOM, database queries, server code and rendered CSS, instead of the placeholder icons that you see in Design view. USE IT EVERYTIME YOU CAN.

Validation form in an easy way

Do you want to validate your form fields, but worried that you're going to have to rebuild from scratch? Do not worry. Just select an existing form element, such as a text field, and apply a Spry Validation widget on the Insert Spry menu. After controlling the validation requirements as maximum and minimum characters or directly from the property inspector..... this is just awesome man.

the spanish translation is actually really bad, also for me it's exausting trying to read in the program on spanish...

Dreamweaver review by Nabiha S.
Nabiha S.

"Easy to use if you are already used to using Adobe Suite "

What do you like best?

The features are easy to use. Watching a couple of youtube videos can help a lot too especially if you are a beginner. I like how some of the coding language is already set up for you on the document. Again, because i had practice with adibe suite it made it easier to use this program.

What do you dislike?

its a little hard to navigate in the beginning because not everything is in front of you as in the menu options. you also have to know the HTML and CSS language before you use it which is why its important that you watch videos. Also, dont lose your patience while working on it, making a website can be hard. If you are used to using things like Sublime then you'll be fine. When i started using the program i learned the basics and that was still hard so try your best, it also shows you an overview of the menu items. Having to recheck everything is a little hard but with practice everything gets better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want an easy solution or you want to build your own website as practice first. also for little things like making edits on existing websites

I have learned how to use it in university so i find it easy to use in the workplace and i can convert my skills to another software if need be. I am in charge of making web content for the organizations website. that includes updating schedules, inputting pictures on a image carousel. updating any content for events. putting out reminders and such for the public to see. any minor work i do using adobe dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver review by Cesar K.
Cesar K.

"Adobe Dreamweaver - The best tool"

What do you like best?

It's very good for professional jobs.

-It emphasizes its support of the standards of the World Wide Web Consortium

-Use web technology such as CSS and Java Script.

-You can design and create web pages without knowledge of HTML code.

-Allows you to preview the web pages in almost all web browsers.

-Allows the use of extinctions such as HTML and Java Script.

- Any user can use it to create websites without being professional.

- Allows the use of extensions, which are small programs that any user can write, download and install, offering features added to the application.

-The program files are Javascript routines and makes it a fluent program.

-It is available for MAC, Windows and can also be run on other platforms.

-It allows us to see the changes we make at the same time we make them.

What do you dislike?

-The program license is paid.

-Finished the web there has to be published and for that you have to pay hosting and domain name.

-The price is very high if you want to buy within the legal and can not be purchased separately you have to buy the full suite.

- Being such an advanced program, its management can be complicated for non-experienced users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No more.

I have created several web pages for my company and in my team we work with this program for it. We are very happy to have this versatile tool. We have been able to solve many problems with the possibilities offered by this product.

Dreamweaver review by Saurya B.
Saurya B.

"Easy and effective tool"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly design. I like the layouts and view options they have. My personal favorite is the real time view that allows me to see what I coded so far. I don't have to keep on saving it and opening the html file in a browser or keep refreshing the page to see every little changes I make. so thats nice.

What do you dislike?

I just wish it was a little more simple. I understand it is a professional tool and whoever is using it is assumed to have the knowledge of how the software works. However, I feel like the UI could have been more simple to make it easy for a new user to learn the software. But there isn't much I dislike about Dreamweaver. It is the software I first learnt HTML on so to me it's always been a very useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just take your time with this product to explore all the features it provides. It is a great tool and taking help from online tutorials will also be helpful.

I design websites, code css for the websites and also add javascript files to define the behavior of my website using this software. It helps me do front end development of various web components in an easy and efficient coding environment.

Dreamweaver review by Tony D.
Tony D.

"Great visual and code editor - for 2010"

What do you like best?

I used to be a webmaster of a small-medium sized college (approx. 6000 undergraduates). Dreamweaver was my primary web development tool, as it integrated so well with the other Adobe apps I used. I particularly appreciated the split code/design view it has and the color coding for html. It was my workhorse, and I used it extensively.

What do you dislike?

I stopped doing web design full time in 2014. Although I've had occasion to do some now and again over the last 4 years, it is apparent that the version of Dreamweaver I was used to using was showing its age. I stopped working on it in version CS 6, (I never liked the Adobe Cloud - too expensive). If I were to design a website from scratch today, I might fire up Dreamweaver, but I'd be more likely to use one of the free online site building tools, or even just hand code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would check out the latest version if you are doing a large site and need extensive development.

I am not currently using Dreamweaver actively, but when I did, it was an excellent tool for site comps, page design and especially site management. If you want to make site wide changes with a few clicks, Dreamweaver can work wonders. It also integrate very well with Adobe Muse in a Developer to Client fashion.

Dreamweaver review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"My go-to program for web coding"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the interface and overall ease of use. It's ideal for HTML and CSS coding. I have been using Dreamweaver for nearly 10 years and I have witnessed it come on leaps and bounds with great new features, a fresher and more user friendly aesthetic and increased compatibility with other Adobe products I use.

What do you dislike?

On occasion the program can freeze up from time to time and upload speeds could be quicker compared to other FTP clients. This could be down to the software itself or it could be my own personal connection. The price for an Adobe package can be a little steep. Especially as you cannot purchase the software independently of other Adobe programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a reliable tool to work with web code and script, then I would always advise Adobe Dreamweaver. It integrates with other Adobe products well and has a very good looking intreface in which to work with. There are plenty of neat shortcuts and features to ensure that any project runs smoothly and efficiently.

I have always used Adobe for my web needs. It's compatibility with Windows is advantageous and the interface for web code is intuative and very easy to work with. I build websites and so work with HTML, CSS and Javascript code on adaily basis. Having been working with websites for approcahing 10 years, Dreamweaver is my go-to software.

Dreamweaver review by Richard J. M.
Richard J. M.

"Great for designers who hate to code."

What do you like best?

The design view will allow you to see your changes as you work so you can build pages easily. Add plenty of other code - not just html. Uses javascript and behaviors well. Also very good ftp and site organization program.

What do you dislike?

Some of the code the program writes for you is bulky. The live view is not easy to make selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well for the non-coder. Gets many complex tasks done quickly. The learning curve is a little steep, but it pays off in the end. Learn basic HTML and Javascript so you know how to fix them if a problem occurs.

Making designs for website my client like and that attract attention for their customers. Without going through mountains of code I can create an entire site that works and looks great. It writes the code for me eliminating a need for multiple programmers. Great for testing sites also.

Dreamweaver review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Feels a little dated in 2018."

What do you like best?

This web development software had a short stint in the early 2000s where it was clearly the best solution to website designs and developers, but it's fallen behind quite a bit since then- a lot of other software that I've used has improved drastically and either surpassed or caught up to it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it doesn't come down to a single thing- it's a lot of elements that just come together to create an experience that isn't ideal. A lot of the newer features feel like they've just been slapped on, instead of being considered in the overall user experience. It's still a decent piece of software, but frustrations amount often for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not my favourite. If you're a visual designer- I recommend Webflow. If you're a developer, you can use any text editor software (I can't recall, but there's definitely much better than this).

Early on in my career, I used Notepad and Dreamweaver exclusively, but now I end up using Webflow or text editors a lot more frequently than I do Dreamweaver. I probably use it here and there to fix minor things, but it's not my favourite tool.

Learning about Adobe Dreamweaver?

* We monitor all Adobe Dreamweaver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.