Adobe Dreamweaver

Visually design and develop modern, responsive websites. The world’s most complete toolset for web designers and front-end developers lets you create, code, and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen.

Work for Adobe Dreamweaver?

Learning about Dreamweaver?

Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews

Showing 1762 Dreamweaver reviews
Dreamweaver review by <span>Adam H.</span>
Adam H.

"My go-to program for web coding"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the interface and overall ease of use. It's ideal for HTML and CSS coding. I have been using Dreamweaver for nearly 10 years and I have witnessed it come on leaps and bounds with great new features, a fresher and more user friendly aesthetic and increased compatibility with other Adobe products I use.

What do you dislike?

On occasion the program can freeze up from time to time and upload speeds could be quicker compared to other FTP clients. This could be down to the software itself or it could be my own personal connection. The price for an Adobe package can be a little steep. Especially as you cannot purchase the software independently of other Adobe programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a reliable tool to work with web code and script, then I would always advise Adobe Dreamweaver. It integrates with other Adobe products well and has a very good looking intreface in which to work with. There are plenty of neat shortcuts and features to ensure that any project runs smoothly and efficiently.

I have always used Adobe for my web needs. It's compatibility with Windows is advantageous and the interface for web code is intuative and very easy to work with. I build websites and so work with HTML, CSS and Javascript code on adaily basis. Having been working with websites for approcahing 10 years, Dreamweaver is my go-to software.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver review by <span>Richard M.</span>
Richard M.

"Great for designers who hate to code."

What do you like best?

The design view will allow you to see your changes as you work so you can build pages easily. Add plenty of other code - not just html. Uses javascript and behaviors well. Also very good ftp and site organization program.

What do you dislike?

Some of the code the program writes for you is bulky. The live view is not easy to make selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well for the non-coder. Gets many complex tasks done quickly. The learning curve is a little steep, but it pays off in the end. Learn basic HTML and Javascript so you know how to fix them if a problem occurs.

Making designs for website my client like and that attract attention for their customers. Without going through mountains of code I can create an entire site that works and looks great. It writes the code for me eliminating a need for multiple programmers. Great for testing sites also.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Dreamweaver review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

"Feels a little dated in 2018."

What do you like best?

This web development software had a short stint in the early 2000s where it was clearly the best solution to website designs and developers, but it's fallen behind quite a bit since then- a lot of other software that I've used has improved drastically and either surpassed or caught up to it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it doesn't come down to a single thing- it's a lot of elements that just come together to create an experience that isn't ideal. A lot of the newer features feel like they've just been slapped on, instead of being considered in the overall user experience. It's still a decent piece of software, but frustrations amount often for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not my favourite. If you're a visual designer- I recommend Webflow. If you're a developer, you can use any text editor software (I can't recall, but there's definitely much better than this).

Early on in my career, I used Notepad and Dreamweaver exclusively, but now I end up using Webflow or text editors a lot more frequently than I do Dreamweaver. I probably use it here and there to fix minor things, but it's not my favourite tool.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Amarjeet S.</span>
Amarjeet S.

"Make easy with Dream viewer CC design plan your coding as apart of your averall design palns"

What do you like best?

Dream viewer makes a lot easier to determine where your CSS, PHP,JavaScript or HTML coding happens to be.The color coding also highlights what the specific commands can do for the template or page.This makes learning process easier.many programs will let you see the results real time.What many programs on't let you do is see your page in real time on the same screen.With the Code and design view in Dream Viewer my code is on the top and my screen is in the bottom.The side bar lets to navigate through the process.This tool allows users to find and replace the items in their content, in their coding , or even the specific tags.If we need to update the widgets

What do you dislike?

If we are not careful ,this program will take many of the coding responsibilities someone may have.This limits the creativity that can occur within the design.If we don't have access to the dream view user cannot able to code by their own.We have Dozens of undefined styles which interrupts the global styling of the site itself.When i complete the coding and hit enter that naturally unnecessary paragraph codes into design ,this generally does not effect the site but it does a bit difficult to read the code.if i hit enter after inserting a paragraph this code gets into image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Tab functionality incorporated into Dream viewer makes switching between files much easier.Instead of going to many multiple options,you can just keep your files at the ready.This is especially beneficiary if you are using incorporated templates .This is another benefit to the beginner coding .Adobe Dream Viewer is designed to help as many people as possible,most users find that there are items contained within the program that they never use.

It is easy for the positive way of marketing the company profile as in today's market the focus is mainly on web pages,as long as website is well designed it can go long way towards creating positive image of the company.Company news can be quickly displayed online. Having a website assists communication to the organisation is very useful for the business.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Faith B.</span>
Faith B.

"Not Always a Dream"

What do you like best?

I like that it follows with the traditional sense of how all Adobe products run. I am not a web designer, but keeping that functionality consistent across all platforms makes it a lot easier for me to understand what each tool does and how it can be used in Adobe Dreamweaver.

What do you dislike?

It's not the easiest to use, especially if you are not into coding. When it comes to web design and development, this is not very useful unless you understand code. If you do not understand code, I would recommend using a different platform such as Square Space.

I have also tried using Adobe Dreamweaver for projects like e-Newsletters, and it was so difficult to use. Overall, it just wasn't the best solution for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a coding wizard, choose a different product for your needs.

Currently, I am not using Adobe Dreamweaver for any business-related issues, as I have found that using different platforms such as Square Space is more effective for me personally.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

"Best tool for html website development"

What do you like best?

Being able to view the code alongside the design view is very helpful for me. I wouldn't consider myself to be a coder, so I need the visual cues to help me decipher what effect the changes in code will have. The various view options make this process possible.

Dreamweaver is an incredibly powerful too for web design. I feel like I have only scratched the surface of what it is capable of doing. connecting your working files with the live version of the site, and deploying changes directly from Dreamweaver is very helpful as well. Working in different code languages can be difficult to decipher at times, but the color coding and predictive auto-filling make it a lot easier to navigate and understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like at times that Dreamweaver adds bits of code that aren't necessary, and need to be cleaned out. The split view makes it easy to catch these things but it would be better if it handled changes as you try things a little better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweavers integration with the other parts of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite also makes it a great addition to your toolbox. I would recommend Dreamweaver to anyone working in code.

Dreamweaver allows me to build HTML websites visually even though I'm not much of a coder. Another big plus for Dreamweaver is how well all of the Creative Cloud apps work together. If you are already using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc and you need to work in HTML as well, this suite of tools will make it easy for you.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Allen A.</span>
Allen A.

"Adobe Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

I cannot stress enough about how good dreamweaver is. I know lots of programmers prefer lighter options as sublime for example. I however prefer a software that can do everything for me in one place. Dreamweaver is a centralized piece of software where you can design a site using the many new UI customizations and the from the same app upload it to your web server. Dreamweaver is an all in one amazing tool.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything about this software, setting up a site for the first time can be very discouraging for people who are new using this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any other software that is a little advanced for anybody that is getting started I always recommend some previous training to learn the basics to avoid disappointment. This software is little advanced and requires some basic training.

Keeping content organized, reaching out to the backend of any server at blazing fast speeds to make changes and make them live in a timely manner. Dreamweaver delivers so many tools not available in a standalone coding software.

Dreamweaver review by <span>alan c.</span>
alan c.

"Smooth Coding"

What do you like best?

this must be the best tool out there when coming to designing websites. it got all the tools and support every script you require to make a website. it checks the codes instantly and highlights the codes for easy working.its extremely useful while working with dynamic coding languages,it got a screen to see the effect of the coding on the screen so you don't have to change screen now and then to check the code. you can also get code suggestions on the go which is really helpful. another great thing i found about Dreamweaver is the ability to link media files to the coding easily.. there are also options t validate the code with the press of a button. the program is quite popular and you can download tons of templates online made for Dreamweaver online. the support from adobe as well as adobe community is great and quite enough to sort out any problems you may face.

What do you dislike?

the program isn't browser-based and this is troubling, you can get it right on the dreamweaver interface and the coding can still crash on the browser so you have to do cross-browser testing after all these. the interface is confusing and can take time to learn even thou you can customize it. its really hard tl learn drewamweaver as a beginner. the program isn't cheap many wont be able to afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the program isn't a necessity but it can make your work so much easier. if you can afford it then i suggest you to go for it.

designing and coding websites.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Veselin V.</span>
Veselin V.

"Dreamweaver is still the top web development tool"

What do you like best?

My favourite function of Dreamweaver is the snippets. They generally save a lot of time. Also, while learning the software I found that there are plenty of tutorials and explenations for beginners.

What do you dislike?

Setting up my first PHP project was hard. I had difficulty connecting it with a server enviromnent. Also, the software has lots of functionalities and finding what you are looking for trough the dropdown menus isn't great any more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a powerhouse compared to other solutions. In my experience it is a very powerful tool and most certainly worth the money. It being an industry leader, there is a lot of support and tuttorials and expleantions on how to use the software and optimize your work process.

I have used Dreamweaver to develop all of my websites and projects. Even when working on a local installation of a WordPress website, Dreamweaver manages to sort out the project in a very user-friendly way allowing me to easily navigate through the hundreds of files. Additionally, the snippets allow me to quickly and easily add code without running for the books or forcing myself to remember obscure pieces of code.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Blaine F.</span>
Blaine F.

"It keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

I like being able to manage HTML documents and designs, and view code-only, then switch to live view. It's like having Brackets plus a live view without having to leave the program.

What do you dislike?

I feel it's a bit overwhelming and not always clear what you can get out of it. I'd like to use it to its full potential and I'm not always sure how to get training, but I want to do more with CSS. I think their web development product MUSE or something like that is not something i wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works out as a part of the whole suite because we also use Photoshop and Illustrator, all included in our monthly charge.

I send out a newsletter for a key client every month, and just rinse and repeat in Dreamweaver, then upload the HTML and plug it into emma. In the past I did Web design old school using Dreamweaver exclusively, uploading to sites live etc. But in recent years I use more Wordpress, and don't feel Dreamweaver fits into that workflow.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Jasper H.</span>
Jasper H.

"A Good IDE for a Web Beginner"

What do you like best?

Out-of-the-box it's really nicely setup for beginners. It's easy to use and has FTP support built right in since it's really made for web development. "Site" management makes it easy to manage the code and servers for multiple websites.

What do you dislike?

The cost is my main issue with Dreamweaver.

There are a number of free products, like Eclipse, but those free products all take some setup to really make them good for web development.

Adobe has moved to a subscription-based model which I personally don't like but it does mean you will continuously get updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver was my first IDE. It really helped me make the transition from Notepad to a WYSIWYG editor and then back to using a full-fledged IDE like a text editor to manually change code (with code hints and what not).

We create and manage HTML/JS/CSS/PHP for corporate web assets.

We like the project management features that are built-in like the check in/out functionality.

We have multiple departments using Dreamweaver to manage the same source code and we do not have issues with overwriting each other.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Nick M.</span>
Nick M.

"Great web design tool, unfortunate pricing structure"

What do you like best?

It's a very easy program to use, allows me to use HTML and What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)

What do you dislike?

The Dreamweaver product is now only available as a subscription service, so where as a few years ago you paid for the software and it was yours now you pay monthly and when you stop even if you've paid hundreds/thousands the software will stop working!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a very good program, it handles everything that we need from it. We are a basic user but I feel that it is more than suitable for the more advanced and expert users. I do not like it's monthly subscription policy and would prefer to buy it out right even if that means it may be out of date a few years later - I'd like the option.

Easy to use without lots of training, but is also great for the more advanced of us.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Jess B.</span>
Jess B.

"Just Day Dreamweaver-ing"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and clear and you can choose whether you want the preview and code screens to be split either landscape or portrait. It's also great that, like other Adobe products, you can choose how light or dark you want the window to be.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit slow at times, having to press F5 to refresh is a bit of a pain. It would be good if they could have a live preview in a browser like Brackets but it's not a major downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for Email Design and Coding, it's easy to understand and has plenty of online tutorials if you are unsure how to achieve what you need.

Dreamweaver is great for coding emails, putting it in table view helps understand any issues the email may have and makes it a lot easier to fix them.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Leaf M.</span>
Leaf M.

"WYSIWYG or HTML coding streamlined"

What do you like best?

I love Dreamweaver for its user interface, charm, design, and functionality. It has an easy-to-understand interactive shell that lets you create web sites on the fly, edit asp/cold fusion/java/ and javascript snippets with all the bells and whistles interactive tools a coder needs. While I am more of a digital artist than a programmer, this wonderful software lets me easily put my image to the world.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve to Dreamweaver if you're coming from an art perspective. That is easily solved with the wYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface that lets you design your pages easily without knowing code. That is a plus in my book. But even that interface takes some time to learn. But that's true about most of Adobe products. Cost would be the other downfall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to web design, especially working in the photography field, Dreamweaver easily blends together your work in Photoshop into Dreamweaver for publication online. It taught me web design and is an amazing gift.

I remember when one of my photography clients asked me to make them a portfolio online. I was stumped. A friend lent me a student version of Dreamweaver and once i got passed the hair pulling, it became easier and easier to use. With the WYSIWYG function i was able to show my client what the web site would look like and how we could utilize galleries on the web site. He was so impressed. From that point on i realized i had to buy a copy and for many years I used it daily.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Pasquale V.</span>
Pasquale V.

"Good application for beginner"

What do you like best?

I really like the possibility to use the split view when I'm coding. It's a usefull instrument for the beginner to see the the results of your work. Plus the program is very intuitive with a lot of suggestions during the use.

What do you dislike?

Actually I don't like too much the order of the menu. I think that a little improvement could be very useful for the beginners. Sometimes it seems a little bit irregular. Plus, I think that the price is a little bit too high, considering the other options that are present on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver could be considered the best program for beginner users in this field. It is very intuitive and full of benefits; the possibility to use the split view is very useful during your experience plus the suggestions during the work increase the users perfomance. I think that is a good way to learn how to code and how to improve your skills. I have also to add that the price is a little bit high in my opinion, but the program is very good. The program doesn't need too much resources and could be started from different kind of computer machines. Obviously the experience is better if you have a good machine to begin with.

Adobe Dreamweaver is a very good program for the beginners. During my experience it was very important to improve our online site, using the split view and helping the new employees with suggestions. Through this program we were able to keep in order our web site and to produce many lines of code without any particular problem.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Ganga N.</span>
Ganga N.

"Dreamweaver its simply superb"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver is simply superb and amazing software or editor to work on with. With the new features and updates it became very easy to each and every individual to write the coding in the editor. After writing the html code or instead of writing we can drag and drop the options that are available in the menus with which the html code will be generated automatically. Lovely and clear cut responsive websites can be created.

What do you dislike?

Due to many of the features and updates knowledge on utilizing them became less. If it would be more elaborative it would be much better as per my knowledge. Space consumption and as per cost also it is very expensive with which normal person cannot afford for the newer updated version. It a bit confusing while coming to responsive templates that have been provided by the software. Needs some to understand and get into for the beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i will refer to my friends and colleagues.

With Dreamweaver working in corporate side and as a freelancer also we can gain money as a freelancer we can do many of the projects which come form outside people. Now a days people are expecting device independent layouts and websites they can also be created easily with the templates that have been provided by the Dreamweaver software. This software is very easy to learn and work, supportive, flexible and easy to play around.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

"Articulate program"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Dreamweaver works as a FTP program and design program all in one. That allows me to create new content and change things all from one spot. It has great extra features to ensure success by allowing you to use their browser compatibility feature. You can check across an array of browsers and mobile as well. I also like that when you hover over some of the elements on the preview editing page - it'll tell you what css style sheet it's coming from. Also really like the color coding to differentiate the type of codes.

What do you dislike?

I'm all about how programs look and my really only one complaint is I feel as though the interface could be a little jazzed up, I feel like even though it does an amazing job aiding in coding it doesn't have to look like a coding program. It could use more color, cooler fonts, and more interactive features. It's very cut and dry.

I am able to design online ads and add/edit content that was previously there with so much ease. I think for a novice it might be a little more difficult getting around because I do find that Dreamweaver takes a certain level of experience.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Frederick F.</span>
Frederick F.

"Dreamweaver Design and Code in Harmony"

What do you like best?

Versatility. Dreamweaver lets me use a template to design or update code and layout quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The prompts to connect a folder to a live website. I just use an FTP client and never really understood how to use this feature. I also have glitches in the "Live" preview of the site, it does not always update, I have to switch from code to live to get the design to update, this happens too often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is not for people who do not know any code at all. This is for people who are from mediocre to advanced coding skill level. I always use an HTML template to start as I am not super advanced in coding knowledge. In terms of finding what you need and navigating I don't think there is a more cohesive product to develop your website to completion.

I am a front end graphic designer and have been using Dreamweaver on and off for years. I have always worked in print but the need for website updates and HTML emails comes up quite often. I am able to use templates and use my minimal knowledge of HTML to get exactly what I need done for the sales team here at my smell and quickly growing office.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Tanner S.</span>
Tanner S.

"A great and powerful application with only minor flaws."

What do you like best?

The text highlighting by code type and content type. The search and replace feature seems to be extremely advanced and provides a lot of different options to be able to customize how you replace the content. I like that I can set the color of the software to have a dark background, it provides a higher contrast view to be able to see the coloring of the code better.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application can stall upon loading, and sometimes new features are implemented with little notification. At first I did not like that closing the application and re-opening it will load all of the last documents you had open, but I have learned to like this feature. The only caveat with that is sometimes I work a lot with documents that are the same name, so I have to make sure that I am using the correct document. I typically will close all of my documents before closing the application to prevent that, but if I was working often in the same documents, this feature would be much more useful. I expect there is likely a setting also to change the way this is handled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is easily the best editor for HTML and other web-based coding languages. The price may be a bit more than the competitors, and there are perhaps even free version of this type of software, but it is hard to match the stability and reputation of an Adobe product.

We use Dreamweaver only minimally, but it is essential to creating our eLearning content. We create HTML documents which control the rest of the eLearning experience.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Haissar P.</span>
Haissar P.

"All in one web design tool"

What do you like best?

All of the options that are offered in Dreamweaver. You've got the ability to manipulate code to design your website or go through and edit from the view standpoint. My favorite feature of Adobe Dreamweaver is the ability to preview HTML alongside my HTML/CSS code. I also enjoy the handful of mobile preview options available. There also have been some nice improvements to the program in the last few years with a more functional split screen mode.

What do you dislike?

Starting up Dreamweaver usually takes longer than most other HTML editors. The impossibility of editing files when they are created in different versions. The user interface for Dreamweaver is dated, and often crashes when writing longer or more complex code. It is difficult for Dreamweaver to keep up with newer code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Dreamweaver to anyone who does web development as their main job. The code formatting and color coding are excellent. Overall it makes coding much easier. There are a lot of really good HTML editors out there, but Dreamweaver also integrates into other Adobe products, and that's really hard to beat when so many of their products are industry leaders.

Our website was maintained on Dreamweaver. It was great to have an all encompassing program to use for our program and lines of business. Essential when multiple people work on a site the file check-in and out feature helps to keep projects organized and work managed efficiently.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Quinn T. K.</span>
Quinn T. K.

"Excellent Application for Web Design/Development"

What do you like best?

I love Dreamweaver's enhanced coding (and code highlighting) and Live View integration. You can design a web page using visual/production tools or you can code, but either way, you'll have access to the code or visual representation of your page.

What do you dislike?

While I think a subscription to Creative Cloud is really beneficial for users of Adobe's other software solutions, if a user were to purchase Dreamweaver independently, it may not be worth it considering there are plenty of great text editors, code editors and free web development tools out there today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated by the coding view. If you would like to design a web page on your own without a coding background, you can do it! It's easy to put together a beautiful, functional project without HTML and CSS knowledge; however, it always helps to know a little. You can also learn to code HTML and CSS with Dreamweaver.

I use Dreamweaver to code a website I'm putting together. Specifically, I use the coding view to code and the Live View helps me preview--without having to refresh a browser page hundreds of time--how my HTML and CSS will turn out. The code suggestions really help speed up the process of coding and the program helps me not only keep my code organized, but also my files (a little added bonus).

Dreamweaver review by <span>Andy K.</span>
Andy K.

"Good for beginners and pros alike"

What do you like best?

I don't do much web design at work but I use Dreamweaver more to play around and learn how to code a bit. I'm not a web designer but have dabbled in the past and it's useful to learn here. Adobe's videos and help are stupendous. I can't speak from a pro's stance, but I'd assume they dig it as well. The code hinting is greatly helpful as well in trying to understand the process.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is still definitely high unless you're using it exclusively for your business and managing numerous websites. I've used other web design products in the past that are far easier to use for beginners, albeit far less expansive in their capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just jump in because it's Adobe. Know what your needs are and if you're going to need something advanced or if you can work with a product that is more simple and less capable.

I'm not solving much myself. I don't do much web design but we did just overhaul our website so having some background was helpful in assisting that process.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Udaya N.</span>
Udaya N.

"Adobe dreamweaver review"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver is an amazing software which i like the most. Easy to understand, flexible, many options to move on with. A person who doesn't know anything also can learn and work with Dreamweaver within short period of time. User friendly too. Many widgets and new new features have been added with which we can understand the software very easily. So many programming languages are also used in Dreamweaver which sounds good. No server required this is the main and highlight thing in Dreamweaver then and there only we can see our design and previewing in browser makes us very happy where our hard work is seen immediately.

What do you dislike?

Mainly price and space matters. Price is too high to purchase the key and the space requirement is also becoming the problem. Few things like template options are a bit confusing if this can be made easy it would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i recommend all my friends and colleagues to install Dreamweaver.

Yes, I have converted many of the Photoshop templates into websites by using HTML in Dreamweaver. I have worked as a freelancer and Dreamweaver helped a lot by giving ease of user friendliness to create websites. I feel very happy to see my websites when they are uploaded online. We can also create many websites for google ad sense and can earn more money through that way also. It is the best software for every one to go on with.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Timothy H.</span>
Timothy H.

"An one stop web design suite from Adobe"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver provides a powerful interface that provides live previews in addition to text editing. Your workspace is fully customizable and even provides a graphical representation of your DOM if needed. Code is de-linted during the writing saving me time and headaches.

What do you dislike?

Navigating to file links in the text editor is un-intuitive. Often it's easier to use a browse window in-lieu of creating direct file navigation code. Does not handle JavaScript well and will often report errors in "hinted" code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a current customer of the Adobe Creative Suite than there is no better use of your software dollars. However if you are not a customer and need a text editor for web design you have free options that will provide similar functionality with less features.

Dreamweaver is my web design / text editor of choice because of its seamless integration with the creative suite. Image slices that I create in PS / Ai can be directly accessed and quickly edited through DW. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver review by <span>Seth P.</span>
Seth P.

"Constantly improving web development platform"

What do you like best?

I have used Dreamweaver since version 2.0 back in 1998. It has been a staple tool in my web developer toolbox. Early on I used the GUI to create layouts and then would switch to the code view to learn how the layout translated to the code structure. Dreamweaver has always had great HTML structure, unlike many other programs that generate bloated complicated HTML. I now use it mainly for Wordpress theme development and it's PHP support is very good. I haven't tried the GIT integration, but that is a new development that I can't wait to play with.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with Dreamweaver along with the other Adobe programs is their price. It can be quite steep. Fortunately, for now, my company is paying for the CC license so that is not a personal issue at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The major benefit I have realized using Dreamweaver is that I have a development platform that helps me code in many languages while debugging issues in all those languages from HTML to PHP to javascript.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Robyn H.</span>
Robyn H.

"Dreamweaver: Good for both the novice and the experienced web designer"

What do you like best?

Adobe offers a wide variety of products to help designers save time and increase productivity. Dreamweaver meets this standard and then takes it to the next level. Whether you are just beginning or have been designing websites for years, Dreamweaver provides tools that help you save time and create responsive designs for every need.

What do you dislike?

Like most Adobe products, Adobe Dreamweaver is a "hog". You really need to have a good hard drive beyond the minimum requirements Adobe gives in order to use the product effectively. It doesn't really save you any time if you are constantly having to restart the application. However, most people who are serious about web design already have invested in a computer that will work well with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to Dreamweaver, take advantage of Adobe's video library giving you the basic. As you grow, I highly recommend Lynda.com to continue your education if you are learning on your own.

Dreamweaver works well with WordPress. All you need is a local web server environment (which they have for FREE). I often like working with the split view, editing in the code area and watching the changes propagate in the live preview area. Dreamweaver helps "check" my work with code hints, which makes for a better end product in a lot less time.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Rose L.</span>
Rose L.

"Joined at the hip"

What do you like best?

I depend on the parallel design and code view. As a designer, visually is how I see the world. After years of coding I get it but without the design view I am lost. I really appreciate the code hints, they are a great time saver for me. I also like that Adobe is somewhat responsive to user feedback and that you can use the version you prefer. Dreamweaver is the gold standard for web and HTML development and after over 15 years of using this software I can see why nothing comes close to the features Dreamweaver has

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike much but a smaller software package has code cleaning that I much prefer to Dreamweaver's. Although I have to say they are getting better at identifying code errors for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to coding some training in HTML and using the software would be helpful and I find the how-to videos at adobe a big help

I use the software mainly for the development of HTML emails. This is a style of coding that is obsolete for the web but Dreamweaver offers me the flexibility to use it as I need it.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Jill G.</span>
Jill G.

"Dreamweaver Makes Web Design Much Simpler"

What do you like best?

I taught myself enough HTML and CSS to manage my company's Web site for a dozen years or more. Then I enrolled in Web design classes, using Dreamweaver. It took only a few class meetings to get up to speed with the CSS Designer panel, which allows you to code without really coding!

What do you dislike?

I have the greatest challenge with creating a Web site on one computer, and then packaging it for edits on another computer. I wish that the process were easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not familiar with Dreamweaver, then I suggest using it for a 30-day free trial before subscribing to Creative Cloud. If you are a student/educator, the you can take advantage of special discounted pricing, which allows you to use all of the Creative Cloud apps for one monthly fee.

I have created "from scratch" websites in HTML and CSS, as well as created websites using WordPress templates. My knowledge of HTML and CSS helps me to create "child" WordPress themes that truly are customized for the end client.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Ian P.</span>
Ian P.

"A bulky classic that's break from."

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver (like most Adobe products) has pretty much everything you could hope for and then some. It's hard not to enjoy the ease of using it and the ability to have your code on one side of the screen and a preview on the other is one of my favorite things.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of a thousands of options available from Dreamweaver. I wish there was a mode to remove a lot of the clutter to just let me code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of really good HTML editors out there, but Dreamweaver also integrates into other Adobe products, and that's really hard to beat when so many of their products are industry leaders. Some of their recent updates that allow you to upload a picture and create HTML text from it are really impressive. They have recently simplified the experience with Adobe CC, but it's also hard to find some things. Also, it's sometimes tough to learn new things to do with Dreamweaver without taking some sort of course or watching a dozen or so YouTube videos.

I like to use Dreamweaver when I'm working on a project that needs to be coded from the ground up -- like a webpage or an email marketing template. But sometimes I'll even just grab a segment from a webpage I'm working on edit it in Dreamweaver if I'm lost in someone else's code and need to make sense of it all.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Alana P.</span>
Alana P.

"Dreamweaver Kind of Complicates Already Complicated HTML Coding"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is a nice tool to be able to visualize the impacts that you make to your code. It also, in my opinion, is a nice software for those who are new(er) to coding.

What do you dislike?

I have taken two courses on Dreamweaver as a part of my college curriculum and having had a good deal of experience with the software, I would not opt to use it for my coding needs. It seems to further convolute the coding process. The BIGGEST gripe that I have with the software is that it is counterintuitive for designers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good platform for those who have some previous coding knowledge. It is not my favorite platform, but it may work for some. It seems counterintuitive for designers.

We use(d) Dreamweaver as tool to build and maintain our corporate brochure site.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Zachary S.</span>
Zachary S.

"All in one web design tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Dreamweaver is how it saves me and my team a lot of time. Teaching someone to make simple edits in Dreamweaver is very easy with a WYSIWYG editor. Another Benefit is that Dreamweaver has integrated FTP support.

What do you dislike?

My largest dislike with Dreamweaver is the size and 'bulk' of the software. Starting up Dreamweaver usually takes longer than most other HTML editors. Another drawback of using Dreamweaver is that Dreamweaver creates extra code on your web pages if you edit a website using the WYSIWYG editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use other Adobe software then using Dreamweaver makes a lot of sense. If all you need is a stand-alone THML editor I am sure you can find lighter, faster and cheaper software.

Adobe Dreamweaver helps solve a few problems we faced in the past using different web design tools. The first is how easy Adobe allows us to manage software licenses. Another benefit of using Dreamweaver is that is really is an all in one web design and development tool. Dreamweaver allows for our whole team to use the same software, from our designers, developers or our support team.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Alisson S.</span>
Alisson S.

"Dreamweaver, lots of options but quite the learning curve for a non-designer"

What do you like best?

All of the options that are offered in Dreamweaver. You've got the ability to manipulate code to design your website or go through and edit from the view standpoint however the live view wasn't always correct. I also liked the photo re-sizing capabilities. So many website programs have very strict photo editing software that doesn't allow you to customize the size or position of the photo.

What do you dislike?

I felt like editing from the coding side was much more effective and consistent while editing from the page view seemed to jump around and would create weird spacing and breaks that you would have to try and undo to correct. It also seemed to take an exceptionally long time to load the program and all of the files that it housed. Table and graph editing was also challenging at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are far easier platforms out there for website design. Perhaps 3 years wasn't enough to get the hang of it but I've since switched and find myself needing to search less for solutions on the web. If you insist on Dreamweaver, I highly recommend taking some training courses on coding and the different ways to edit from the coding side of the software instead of the live view.

Our website was maintained on Dreamweaver. It was great to have an all encompassing program to use for our program and lines of business however it was extremely time consuming to make even simple updates.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Nick L.</span>
Nick L.

"Don't know what I'd do without it."

What do you like best?

I don't know what I'd so without the find and replace feature. It makes it incredibly easy to replace lines of code or analyze a .php file for changes. Also, being able to live preview a page is awesome. It helps to try out new ideas and make sure your design is going to work. Another great feature is how it helps close off your tags or makes suggestions on how to do so.

What do you dislike?

A few times the program likes to 'hang' when doing a live preview. I'm not sure why this is but it might have been fixed in a newer version. It's also not the most intuitive program. You really have to have a strong understanding of HTML, PHP, CSS, etc. to use Dreamweaver effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The perfect web design program to use if you already have a strong understanding of HTML, PHP, CSS, etc.

Dreamweaver allows us to customize our shopping cart software to our needs. It makes it easy to preview a page and test out different design ideas. It also makes it easy to find lines of code that you want to modify and apply to multiple source documents at once.

Dreamweaver review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"Adobe Dreamweaver CC is Great for Designers but not for Everyone"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver has always strived to set the standard for web design used by graphic designers. Its never quite achieved this but Adobe has been good at keeping up with the latest web and mobile trends and evolving technologies and incorporates them in each new version. I find it is a great tool for getting hands-on direct experience using these technologies. The downside is in the past they haven't always gotten it right when first adding technologies. Recent versions, however, do a good job in addressing Responsive design and mobile in a way that's intuitive. They recently added the Bootstrap framework, with a whole lot of design elements to start from. I find it is a bit top heavy for most smaller web projects but it offers the potential for creating large projects.

Another plus is the range of page layout tools similar to Adobe's other professional design programs. Dreamweaver's user interface is highly customizable with code, live, and design views, as well as responsive and device-specific viewpoints.

I often use presets to set screen layouts that include specific windows and tools needed for certain tasks. It allows me to quickly switch from designing to code editing without having to move and constantly reposition windows—very helpful especially when working with multiple monitors.

Dreamweaver tries to automate as much of the backend as possible like generating HTML and handling the website files. You always have options to tweak code—highlight sections debug and modify all Css, html, or script files. I find it does a decent job of managing all files related to building a full website, locally and on remote servers through FTP or other protocols Adobe Dreamweaver makes it possible to develop web and mobile solutions quickly, and to develop a complete website hands-on. I find much of what I need involves custom design at some point, even working with templates and style presets I can choose to customize any part I choose.

What do you dislike?

The main issue I have with Dreamweaver is on occasion it will mis-write or corrupt a section of HTML. Considering it generates HTML automatically, it's not surprising. Still, it's not always easy to locate the error. It's a good reminder that Dreamweaver is not simply a drag and drop web design software, treated as such you will likely have problems at some point and quite possibly even a nightmare. It really helps to know some HTML and CSS, and how web file structures work. Important when you need to debug issues and to fully utilize the program's potential.

I find the code editor lacks options and I usually use an external editor to clean-up and properly format my final HTML. I use Sublime. Dreamweaver allows you to choose and export to an external editor, and automatically compares files when they get added back in Dreamweaver.

Close attention should be given when copying site files in order to properly update the its links. Sometimes I find links to root directory path of a moved file has to be manually changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are numerous web and mobile design software platforms offering users a module-based approach to creating web and mobile solutions, all offer some customizations. Dreamweaver is not them, Dreamweaver seeks to bridge the gap between designer and coder, providing a great starting point for the professional designer. Professional HTML AND CSS J_SCRIPT code programmers

Dreamweaver allows me to quickly create client sites upload it to a testing server. Additionally, it makes organizing page updates and design revisions easy. essential when multiple people work on a site the file check-in and out feature helps to keep projects organized and work managed efficiently.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

"Dreamweaver Lags Behind"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering that Adobe founded an open source replacement tool, I'd recommend that anyone who is looking at Dreamweaver as a stand-alone tool try Brackets (Brackets.io) first. Brackets is a much better product, and since it is free and Dreamweaver is not, using it over Dreamweaver will save you infinite amounts of money. Brackets is being continually improved while Dreamweaver continues to gather dust.

Dreamweaver serves as an additional text editor, but has fallen out of fashion in favor of Adobe's open source code editor Brackets. Dreamweaver was previously used regularly when coding all front-end client template assets; enabling my team to complete their work at all.

Dreamweaver review by <span>William W.</span>
William W.

"Dreamweaver Makes Coding Easier"

What do you like best?

I really like the Dreamweaver color coding scheme. It makes it easier to read code whether it's HTML, PHP, javascript, etc. you are able to see where any mistakes are quickly because the color scheme will change if say you're missing a parenthesis. Dreamweaver also keeps all your files organized on your server and it's easy to view remote files as well. Find and replace is a great tool when working with larger programs to quickly update code en mass. When working with creating emails, there are helpful tools like the properties tool box where you can change a URL easily and modify the CSS/font size with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

Like any software Dreamweaver has it's bugs. It can be slow to open and sometimes go unresponsive when trying to upload files to the server. With a newer update, Dreamweaver tries to be helpful in finishing code for you like inserting the other parenthesis and quotation mark when you just type in one - this can get confusing when you just want to add in 1 quote and it adds in a second one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Dreamweaver for any coding needs you may have! Building emails or coding, this is a must have!

I use Dreamweaver daily and the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives. I build and create emails with it, write programs with it, and bug test as well - the color coding scheme helps with this tremulously.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Christopher D.</span>
Christopher D.

"falling short, left behind in dust and basically irrelevant today"

What do you like best?

the live view and responsive-testing features, link checking are all amazing with Dreamweaver CC. the ongoing subscription to the program isn't worth their previous model since the app like never has updates.

What do you dislike?

It is too expensive and doesn't work well with platforms like Business Catalyst or WordPress. The new features aren't documented very well. It is barely relevant any more because most apps are cloud-based or online for user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just use Wordpress, wix or weebly in the browser or if you really want to code things use a free text-edit, text++ program and save from the headache and stress as well as money of this bloated and expensive program, not to mention the drag on your machine.

Troubleshooting code, and even writing from scratch is must faster now due to validation and best practices for finding and fixing issues but also ensuring a good responsive/mobile experience.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Matthew B.</span>
Matthew B.

"Am I the last Dreamweaver user?"

What do you like best?

I edit very simple sites on this software. I like the file management system.

What do you dislike?

The layout in general. It just isn't a great solution to web design anymore. (Sorry Adobe). It was very good when many websites were using HTML and CSS layouts, and its useful when you get a new client that uses those. But not great for much else. Also it's incredibly confusing for a new beginner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you lost? What are you doing here? Go use Wordpress, or XD, or Muse! If you NEED to use it and you're using it for the first time, take the time to watch the tutorials online. Keep all of your website logins properly updated or it'll be hell for you.

The business of editing simple css/html sites. When we started our business, a lot of our clients had very simple HTML sites tha required editing. It was a great tool then but I don't see adobe rushing to make it about anything more than that. With Muse, XD and whatever else they're planning I'm sure pretty soon we won't even need to think about coding so this really will be obsolete.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Anna D.</span>
Anna D.

"As someone who started in text based coding, Dreamweaver is a big help."

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is a dream come true to someone who originally began coding with pure text on a document. Being able to see every change as it happens cuts down on time spent on each project dramatically! I love all the plugins and the way css files are integrated. Live view and preview in browser are particularly helpful as well as the notes in the template code.

What do you dislike?

Integration with content management systems could be better, and sometimes the program can be a little less than user friendly. It helped that I took several courses in this in college because without them i don't think I could have used this program very effectively. It is very effective once you get to learn it, but it takes a lot of learning, even for someone in a background in coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with Photoshop, take classes if you want to really utilize this software. Unlike other Adobe products, this one isn't quite as user intuitive and takes some serious studying to utilize it properly.

Making super professional looking websites that DON'T have a "wix" or "tumblr" stamp somewhere on them makes the company look 100x more professional. It also allows us to have much more flexibility in what we want our website to look like, display, and how we want it to behave for our users. The seamless integration with Photoshop is also a huge deal to me as that is the program I am the strongest in!

Dreamweaver review by <span>Nghi N.</span>
Nghi N.

"The Best HTML Program"

What do you like best?

I have used different software for HTML and website but I have to say Adobe Dreamweaver is the best out there. It is very easy to use for beginner to expert. I like the split screen capability that allows you to view HTML and preview at the same time. While for my work I use a Content Management System, which is not that great, I always import and export the HTML file from the CMS to Dreamweaver. This makes it easier for me to work with the HTML aspect instead of the CMS.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I dislike anything. I hope Adobe won't change much with Dreamweaver that won't decrease the load time of the application program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Dreamweaver is a wonderful software for beginner and all, you must know HTML in order to use it. If you're not a web designer and have no HTML experience, then you might still use Dreamweaver as a tool to begin learning about HTML!

Like I mentioned above, my company uses a CMS for our website. It really doesn't have an HTML editor that I can work with. I always use Dreamweaver, do my magic in there, and then move the HTML back. Without Dreamweaver, it'd be really hard for me to do the HTML in the CMS itself, which I have found to be almost impossible.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Mario R.</span>
Mario R.

"The best web design tool!"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent web design tool, quite powerful and complete. It is perfect to build websites from scratch, and it works well enough to learn what programming languages are. Excellent for novice and experienced designers alike.

What do you dislike?

One of its main problems is its great weight in software, it requires a series of very high system requirements to function properly. Also its price, which when paid for short-term fees makes it quite expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know programming and HTML or CSS language, this may be the ideal application for your projects, but if you are a beginner in the world of web design, you will have headaches until you learn to use it (They are worth all the headaches and every cent spent on the program)

The design of web pages is a rather tedious task; with DreamWeaver the work is considerably reduced since it has tools that help to simplify the work, making the work much more dynamic and pleasant.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Shannon F.</span>
Shannon F.

"Good program for web design, but with some unfortunate flaws. "

What do you like best?

As someone who is mostly proficient in the basics of HTML and CSS, I was hoping Dreamweaver could be a powerful tool to help on my road to becoming a more experienced web designer (as my main focus is graphic design). Some of the main benefits of the program are its ability to establish a cleaner more efficient workflow in your web design projects by allowing you to view live changes to your coding - as well as view errors within the process instead of digging them out later on. There also have been some nice improvements to the program in the last few years with a more functional split screen mode (it used to freeze on me constantly) and live mode and the color contrast of the live screen and the dark background where the coding is. That might seem silly, but for someone who sits in front of a computer every day all day, its just much easier to read. I also find the templates to be useful as well as the code suggestions and the "insert" options. Maybe not that important for a seasoned designer but it could still be useful if you haven't used something in a while and its right there to reference immediately.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve and a high price tag on Adobe products, and Dreamweaver is no exception. The most recent updates have made the the main screen easier to follow and click through (the way the folders and files are layered on the right side, DOM, and assets) but if you are a beginner, much of this might feel like a very confusing treasure map. The program also requires a lot of patience - it can be quite slow to start, and even stop responding before it even finishes loading. Like most Adobe products, unless you are using a higher end computer, the lag alone might be a deterrent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of Adobe's HELP section - and don't be afraid to reach out in the forums. If you are just starting out coding there are many good resources online for short snippets of code to reference if you can't find what you are looking for in Dreamweaver. Learning code can be a long process. Have patience and use Dreamweaver to double check your work.

As a semi novice web designer, I like having the program available to me to be able to check my own work. I still prefer coding by hand in notepad (that's how I originally taught myself) but its nice to have a "second pair of eyes" to view my work. As someone genuinely interested in coding - the program is useful to me - though if someone was looking for a drag and drop builder like Wix, this wouldn't be the best choice. Also, Find and Replace is quite the secret bonus to anyone who wants to save time replacing snippets of code!

Dreamweaver review by <span>Roland S.</span>
Roland S.

"Dreamweaver is ok if you are new to web design."

What do you like best?

I like how DreamWeaver highlights the different aspects of the code in the text editor with different colors so you can easily find & change specifics. It's also good to see the change instantly on the preview side so you know if you made a mistake or not. The palettes/menus inside the text editor are also useful to find and preview snippets of code or a change font'/color.

What do you dislike?

If you don't know HTML/CSS and have to use the WYSIWYG it can be a pain in the ass to use, trying to navigate several menus. Plus it will be very hard to create a design that doesn't look like a boring template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are learning Web Design for the first time this is a good software to start out with to understand how coding and design work hand in hand.

If you are a business owner or an artist looking to create a digital portfolio and don't really want to learn Web that is easy to customize I would suggest using a service like Squarespace to showcase your portfolio or service.

My company mainly uses DreamWeaver for email designs. So this is good for us since we have designed a standard email template to send to our customers. We can easily find & edit text and colors, but also change out images and graphics.

Dreamweaver review by <span>James A.</span>
James A.

"Best website design software for the professional designer!"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is fantastic as it allows you to design either from coding or from image layout and design techniques. If you are a professional or a novice then you will find it a pleasure to use this software from Adobe. The beauty with Dreamweaver is that you can get a realtime view of the website you are developing staight away. It also integrates with other Adobe programs like Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop so you can use these other programs to develop designs and then place them in Dreamweaver as part of your website. The menus are sufficient to provide you with all the tools needed to design and implement a great website for your company or business. I also like the photoshop integration that works really well.

What do you dislike?

Dreamweaver is a hard program to master and I guess I dont like the complexity of this software. Having said that all you need to do is practice with it and read the self help guides along with the many forums where other designers are there to assist you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will enjoy Dreamweaver but only use it if you have the time to learn how it works otherwise you will waste time that could be spent on other projects.

I needed to design a dynamic website for my new business and Dreamweaver that came with the Master Collection CS6 became an invaluable tool to help me create a fabulous website using my skills.

Dreamweaver review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

"Dreamweaver makes HTML emails easy"

What do you like best?

I was having trouble putting together HTML email blasts for my organization. Dreamweaver made it very easy to jump in and create content from scratch.

What do you dislike?

There are a few little problems I have in the live and code interface when I am updating text within a template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like many designers, I learn new skill on a need to know basis. Learning new software is often driven by having a desired end for a certain look or experience.

When I was directed to begin sending weekly email blasts to 4000 members of this church I was a little uncertain how I was going to make each one look good, and be a worthwhile experience for the end user.

That's when I remembered about the unused tool in my Adobe Creative Suite - Dreamweaver.

Knowing some basic coding is a HUGE help in working with Dreamweaver - however with a few tutorials I believe most anyone can easily use this program. I was able to download a basic free template from a third party source, open it in Dreamweaver, modify it to fit my needs, and have a workable template that I now use on a weekly basis.

Because I have to write within the code it is forcing me (in a good way) to have a better understanding of HTML which an incredibly useful skill to have for future projects and endeavors.

It makes email blasts quick and easy!

Dreamweaver review by <span>José D.</span>
José D.

"Adobe Dreamweaver: Making the web easy!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the code, its intuitive interface, the ability to adapt multiple plugins and above all, the power to be combined with other design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there are few moments in which I have found something that does not make me feel comfortable in the use of Adobe Dreamweaver, I always find a solution without having to resort to other web design software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool for web design that is friendly, easy to use and also has a powerful code editor that will help you achieve your goals, to meet the needs of customers offering a modern design and adapted to trends of the market, do not hesitate and start working with Adobe Dreamweaver.

One of the benefits of this web design tool is its work panel, which is very simple and intuitive, allowing the work to be fluid and quite friendly.

For example, I usually use it a lot for the development of corporate emails and thus develop e-mailing campaigns, thus boosting the increase in customer sales through this practice.

So do not hesitate to start working with Adobe Dreamweaver, a tool that undoubtedly makes the web easy!

Mainly I have used it in the development of landing pages and as an alternative for the design and development of e-mailing, which I usually alternate in its use with MailChimp.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Brittany C.</span>
Brittany C.

"I Love Dreamweaver!"

What do you like best?

I use Dreamweaver for a number of different things on our website, as well as to create our promotional emails. It's easy to use and very helpful for a novice like me. When I first started using it I only had a basic knowledge of HTML, but using Dreamweaver has actually taught me a lot more. I also love how "smart" and responsive this product is. It generates some of the code for you and it's very helpful and a time-saver!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that my settings/interface change every time I update to a new version. I'm used to it being one way, with the buttons I use all the time being easily accessible, so when they get moved around it's really annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use product, this is it! With Dreamweaver I can create webpages and emails faster and more efficiently than with any other product I've used. I love that it's "smart" too and completes some of the code automatically. It's just a little thing that saves time. I would definitely recommend this product!

It provides a real-time look at what a page or email will look like before going live with it. I use Dreamweaver every day in creating web pages and I can ensure that they look good and ready to go before I post the changes live. Using this product makes life easier and allows me to work faster and more efficiently than any other product I've tried in the past.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Audrey M.</span>
Audrey M.

"Notepad ++ on Steroids"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is unbelievably intuitive. It does simple things like automatically add closing tags, to more involved tasks, like adding complex design and functionality elements to code with limited (even zero!) coding ability. For someone with coding experience, DW streamlines the process, and is just plain convenient. It can even make you rethink some of your coding habits. It's the type of software that ruins you for other coding software.

What do you dislike?

The Adobe Suite is an investment. Parting with that kind of money is painful for a self employed web developer like myself. But the added convenience and functionality saves me a ton of work time. But for both Photoshop and Dreamweaver, I'm willing to take the financial hit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you do a little or a lot of professional coding, DW is worth it! It's such a time saver.

I use Dreamweaver to write my websites.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Mónica J.</span>
Mónica J.

"Good for basic use"

What do you like best?

I find it well organized and easy to understand. Designing basic websites is easy and I like how the files get organized. I also use it because I learned to write code in this program and I kind of got used to working with it. It was part of the Adobe family that we used already, so that was also part of the reason why I kept using it. The school website was built using Dreamweaver, so it was easier to keep using it as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the buttons can be confusing if you are not used to the program. When I first started using it, it took me a long time to understand how to do drop-down menu. For a while, I thought that it was only helpful for very basic design, but I have been able to create some nicer stuff

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you learn to use one of the programs it gets easier to learn the rest. You can use illustrator to create your web mockup, photoshop the optimize your pictures and Dreamweaver to create the website. It is nice having the Adobe family.

Very basic web updating in content. Mostly updating of pictures and text, creating some single pages for school events. The scholl website was built using Dreamweaver, so we kept working with that program.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Elvis M.</span>
Elvis M.

"its a very powerful web development tool built for a professional-level"

What do you like best?

it has a full support for advanced HTML5 and css websites .integrated file manager and template support are very useful and really adds function. .all the features are accessible through a graphic user interface .there is an integration with other adobe applications .it is available on multiple platforms.With the coming of the CS series, tabs were introduced in CS3 and it became much easier to tab through files you are currently working on. This is very useful when referencing other pages or moving content from one place to another.

What do you dislike?

lagging performance on complex pages.difficult interface to navigate and master,although Adobe provided multiple routes to different features.for a modern software the interface is a bit unsuitable. Learning Dreamweaver for the first time can be very hard because of the user interface alone.it has badly Written Code Snippets.the price is a bit hefty

Recommendations to others considering the product

l strongly recommend Adobe Dreamweaver for designing web pages, its essentially a more fully featured HTML web and programming editor. The program provides a what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface for users to create and edit web pages in a more user-friendly environment. Dreamweaver supports many markup languages, including HTML, XML, CSS, and JavaScript

the value per price is very good and it is very professional and is not limited therefore gets the job well done.its support for many languages and adobe integration makes design easy and an all in one solution therefore is very fast for our business.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Michela M.</span>
Michela M.

"The scary great monster for web design"

What do you like best?

What I found really useful is the fact that I can higlight the code so I can scan and spot specific code and/or errors. The software also have a code suggestion feature that helps my workflow. Also, since I'm a visual person, it's a joy to be able to see the work you're doing in real time in the preview section. Just in case you have no time to plan an entire new website, Dreamweaver templates help you a lot.

What do you dislike?

To the other side, if you're not familiar with coding and/or web design all things appear a little messed up. The interface can be confusing, and sometimes the Design View (the preview section) shows you a different preview than the real thing. It's a bit too pricy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the beginning it is painfull, but with time and practice you can master the software.

It speeds up development, help my workflow to be consistent and to reach tasks in minor time. I personally reccomend Dreamweaver to both expert and lay people.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Katrina W.</span>
Katrina W.

"My go to"

What do you like best?

This program's built in FTP feature is on of the greatest, I've used other web designing programs where these 2 features are separate. Another great thing about this program is it allows you to build comprehensive websites without needing to know much coding. It truly saves time because it helps you troubleshoot codes that may not be working right and are messing up the page.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I dislike are that sometimes when you finish creating your page, and then you upload it through the FTP it doesn't show up right on the browser. So if it had some kind of way to make sure it would look good on most browsers before actually making live would be great. Another thing is that the interface is not exactly user friendly, it look a little bit before I got the hang of it.

With this program our team is able to upload new things to the website and also continue to maintain constant updates.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Troy E.</span>
Troy E.

"Simple Web Design For Novice 2 Pro!"

What do you like best?

I like:

The live development platform

Live Code

Code search is simple

Code replace saves a lot of time over text editor use.

FTP transfer works well once you follow instructions.

The Adobe Help can save a lot of time searching the web for solutions to problems.

Responsive Designing is covered.

Side by side windows with the HTML code, and visual design.

Using Dreamweaver to edit JS, text, .CSS, HTML is simple.

Tracing Images

Easy to use and to build Templates

working with the coding window is a breeze and intuitive

What do you dislike?

The price is alittle high for a subscription.

Considering that there is low price or even free platforms out there to use for the novice to beginning web designers, Adobe should consider lowering the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend this to any web developer or even hobbyist looking to create a website or learn and test CSS, JS. The live preview window is very helpful as is the browser preview.

Static Websites and simple landing pages. I've used Dreamweaver in the past to create HTML emails for clients. Editing PHP for use in WordPress

As stated before, I have been using Dreamweaver since it was Macromedia and have had a positive experience using this program. It has vastly improved over the years but has remained user friendly.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Chandresh P.</span>
Chandresh P.

"One of the best solution for web development: Adobe Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

I like everything in the Adobe Dreamweaver like it's modern code editor experience with all the required features. Also the software is really good in terms of support like it recently got the PHP 7 support so it makes clear that the software has all the support required for web application developments.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that though it has many good features in the code editor still we have to invest our time to learn the software, other then this there is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the Adobe Dreamweaver to all the beginners since the code completion and code hints might help those who don't have a huge experience in this field. Also as I mentioned earlier it is complete software and has everything that is required for web development.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver to make many web application based modules of my projects. And it is really a good experience to work on this software.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Tom K.</span>
Tom K.

"Web design/editing ease!"

What do you like best?

Dreamwever makes it so easy to edit a web site or even to create an HTML e-mail. This full featured software is all you need to edit and update web sites. I love all the tools that are included in it and the fact that you can create a web page basically by editing just as you would in a word processor.

If you can use Microsoft Word, you can probably create a web site using Dreamweaver. It really is that easy.

In WYSIWYG mode you can enter your text and then bold, italic or resize text just like you would in a word processor.

Drag an image into the canvas to add it to your web page. Hard to get much easier than that.

It also has integrated site management tools. You can edit locally and then sync the updated files via FTP to the site within the application. Makes it nice not having to use an external tool to update a site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit confusing going between live edit mode and regular mode. Doesn't work so great on WordPress sites, but for straight HTML sites it's hard to beat! It would be nice to have a bit better integration with WordPress sites so that you could update a WP theme using this super tool. I'm hoping they will add that in sometime soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Adobe Dreamweaver a try and see how easy WYSIWYG web editing can be!

Updating my web sites and client web sites.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Diandra H.</span>
Diandra H.

"Dream Weaver"

What do you like best?

The properties bar is one of my best HTML creating friends, it helps me make links, bold and italicise, create ordered / un-ordered lists very quickly. This is idea for when you are concentrating on content and not code. For example highlight some text and type where you want it to go when clicked. Another thing that is great is beginners are able to create bigger more manageable sites without having to learn PHP / ASP just yet.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be very intimidating to any sort of intermittent student who is attempting to polish their skills by integrating themselves with Dreamweaver. Also not a fan of that fact that the style sheets are very basically named, "style 1", "style 2" etc. All in all, Dreamweaver is really not for those just beginning because of it's steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering using Dreamweaver and you're still starting up when it comes to web-design, you may want to try something else at first because of how complicated dreamweaver can be.

With this program my web-team and I are able to easily get into the coding to refresh our website everyday. It provides a huge asset when it comes to integrating PHP into our system now to allow our users optimal use and efficiency.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Karan P.</span>
Karan P.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is really good software"

What do you like best?

I like many features it provides like code highlighting, code inspections, the live view, the split view, the modern editor experience and it also has the PHP 7 support as well. It is like everything for web development is available on it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that for proper utilisation of this software first we need to invest our time to learn it and then and only then we can use it. Like it takes time to learn it or get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Adobe Dreamweaver to all the web developers because if someone don't know the syntax or is a beginner this software can help you out with code completion or suggestions. So yes it is really better than many softwares available for web development right now.

The Adobe Dreamweaver has many business application especially in web development. I use Adobe Dreamweaver as my web development software to make the web applications.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Vikas T.</span>
Vikas T.

"Adobe Dreamweaver highly recommended software for Web Development"

What do you like best?

I like it's modern UI and even in recent update it gave the support for PHP 7 so this product is taking care of it's user unlike others. So it is clear that this product is good. Also it has all the features that a modern or advanced code editor should have like code highlight and colour themes which makes the coding experience very good.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike or we can say in my opinion only con of Adobe Dreamweaver is for beginners or those who have no experience it takes time to learn the interface. But it is not a big issue since we can get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this awesome software to all the developers who don't even remember entire syntax of PHP and other languages can code using this software.

For web development and especially for code editing I use Adobe Dreamweaver since it gives me modern experience and I don't have to go to any other software for any functionality since it has all which I need.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Alexander N.</span>
Alexander N.

"Great WYSIWYG text editor"

What do you like best?

What i like the most about this software is that you can actually see on the go on it's real-time tab. it also helps you with the most common tasks when handling data on a data base. it also offers ftp compatibility so you can upload your site directly into your hosting service.

What do you dislike?

if you like to have full control about the code on your project weather is a simple webpage or a dynamic web site, it's not fully recommendable to depend on the adobe dreamweaver tools, because it would create a lot of code on it's own without your knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully recommended to those who need to solve simple and fast situations of a web design project. will recommend to my friends and readers.

it helps with resolving fast and easy web page design and forms handling.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Karla N.</span>
Karla N.

"Making websites is super easy if you use Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

I used to code websites the hard way (and they weren´t very good because I wasn´t an expert at coding), but this nightmare finished when I met and fell in love with Dreamweaver. It´s an absolute pleasure to use the "code templates" that are already built inside this software, because you can only click on the bottom panel, change the color and text for the site, and you have a new, cool website. Also, it´s super easy to add new images and some new templates by using the upper panel, where you can edit and re-arrange every aspect of your website. Dreamweaver is an amazing tool that helps you create websites easily.

What do you dislike?

It gets to be annoying that sometimes, when you start using Dreamweaver, there are a few "help" windows that appear so that they can show you how to adjust / edit some aspects of your website sheet. This can be annoying, but also it´s easy to turn off. Furthermore, it´s also annoying that the software is so "heavy" that sometimes it takes a really long time to load and open. But hey, no software is perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a fairly easy-to-use tool that can help you build a nice website within a few hours. Nevertheless, this isn´t WIX or Wordpress, so if you think to buyAdobe Dreamweaver because you think it will be a complete piece of cake to use, then I suggest that you don´t waste your time and money and get Wix or something similar instead.

I´m creating websites for my personalñ business. When your budget isn´t high, and your the only person working for yourself, you need to come up with a way to get a cheap but elegant and professional website, and this is the problem that Dreamweaver helps me get rid of. Dreamweaver also helps me create websites for my acquaintances and sell them at reasonable prices.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Marrissa M.</span>
Marrissa M.

"Dreamweaver will always be relevant to web design"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the split screen - coding with the live preview. That way, I can see my coding changes in live time without refreshing a webpage.

What do you dislike?

The program can be a stiff. I wish Dreamweaver would take a page out of Muse's book and be slightly more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn coding before using this product, otherwise it may prove to be far less useful to you than it is to me.

I've created e-blasts and small websites with Dreamweaver. I like that I own the code I work on whereas other programs may hide portions of your code. A program like Muse may be easier to use, but when you create a Muse website, you sacrifice knowing some of the most important parts of the coding. Dreamweaver never reveals that issue.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Robby J.</span>
Robby J.

"Get Starter Tool for Web Developers"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the flexibility of dragging and dropping features onto a Panel. Its also helpful to have a code panel, preview panel and half & half. You get to immediately review your work and how your site will be viewed online.

What do you dislike?

You can easily mess up your current project. The platform only allows a few number of "undo" clicks. Also, the device preview could use some work. By providing sample device resolutions (instead of just dimensions) would help with providing examples on how your page will look on different devices. Also, having a mobile viewer tester (example: Google Insights) would help with how well your mobile site has been coded and provide tips on how to enhance the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely purchase a beginners book of Dreamweaver so you can get a good feel of the platform before you start working on microsites.

Definitely solving small microsites for clients. Very easy to complete 3-5 page microsites with Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver review by <span>Sayani M.</span>
Sayani M.

"The perfect platform to create beautiful web pages"

What do you like best?

What i like the most is its ability to incorporate different languages. For example php, ruby, html, java, etc. It enables you to design without much of coding. You simply select an element to be put and the coding is done for you. Plus it integrates flash so that you can import your flash animations to your web page and it hints code to help you through the coding process. Its user interface is awesome just like any other Adobe product. Just like the user needs it and you can customize it if you want. You have split views to code and see your web page side by side. You have all the necessary widgets and plugins to help you throughout the process of designing and coding.

What do you dislike?

Until now, I do not dislike anything much except for its high cost. It is a very good software but I think the price should be somewhat lowered. Also it's loading time gives me a hard time often. But otherwise I am really satisfied with its features and user interface elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Adobe Dreamweaver to everyone who wants beautiful web pages and a supportive environment for almost all languages for creating a web page. Whether you are an individual freelancer, a small scale business or a big brand, this software can meet all your requirements.

With respect to business, it helps me get stunning results in relatively short amount of time than I would have got if I used traditional method.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Victoria L.</span>
Victoria L.

"Good html editor"

What do you like best?

I like the code highlighting as well as the code hinting feature, it is really helpful for beginners. The live view is something that i really appreciate especially when i'm working with more complex pages.

What do you dislike?

I feel like this app is not really worth paying for unless you have it included in the subscription. There are a lot of free editors that are easy to use and has similar features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommending buying this tool separately unless it comes as part of the subscription. There are a lot of free html editors on the internet. If you are a beginner, this tools is really easy to use and has a lot of hints that makes the learning path easy.

I use it to create training materials as well as make some minor changes to different existing pages.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Jennifer O.</span>
Jennifer O.

"Best development environment"

What do you like best?

I think the split view is my favorite thing about this product. it is also very easy to code in this environment and intuitive. I love that the system can tell what kind of tags I need. Very helpful for web page building.

What do you dislike?

It is a little annoying when trying to link an external stylesheet that I do not own. When I am connected to the internet I would think that the program would be able to pull that information from the other web page. But I have to save the css file locally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google any questions you have. This product is widely used and the answers are out there.

I am coding simple html and css pages with this software. Our CMS can be difficult to use as it is not a WYSIWYG, so it is helpful to put the code into dreamweaver for development.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Shaina J.</span>
Shaina J.

"Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

Any Adobe product is great. It is a fairly simple way to create websites and are easy for mass users. I do like the code editor that helps organize things clearly without getting messy. The new find and replace function also helps simplify the process. Something that is very simple but extremely helpful is that Dreamweaver highlights code. This helps scan for errors and identify things quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is always a steep learning curve with Adobe products. Overall there is a lot going on in general and the user face is not the most user friendly. For me, I use it for very simple websites so the interface usually has too many things that I won't utilize. In addition, I am often not always in control of my code. The design view often adds extra elements such as <p> </p> after an image which I don't always need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product to start with and create prototypes for websites.

Testing and developing new ideas.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Karl G.</span>
Karl G.

"Power-packed web design and development."

What do you like best?

I've been using Dreamweaver since the old Macromedia days. It's a powerful tool that makes development easy with its intuitive interface and code completion. Each iteration keeps getting better and the program more powerful. Probably the best WYSIWYG editors available.

What do you dislike?

If I had to find something I didn't like about Dreamweaver, it would be how every so often they change what I've become accustomed to, like moving features in the menus, and changing hotkeys. It causes a slowdown in my productivity until I get used to the new locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a powerful, full-featured web editor; Dreamweaver is for you. If you're new to Dreamweaver, I would suggest taking the Adobe training on their website to get acquainted with the program and best practices.

Dreamweaver allows me to develop powerful websites for my customers.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Jorden B.</span>
Jorden B.

"If you're fully enthralled in the Creative Cloud, Dreamweaver is a solid classic"

What do you like best?

It's been around for ages, get's constant updates and new features and it's reliable. Novice and expert coders alike can get something out of Dreamweaver, regardless of skill level. The export and publishing features have come a long way in recent years, allowing you to take a project from blank slate to live with relative ease.

What do you dislike?

The interface is, and always has been, a bit overwhelming. Simply put, it can take a LONG time to master this program and really master all of its many, many bells and whistles. Training is a big time-sink, and even when you consider yourself a Dreamweaver expert you will find yourself coming across features you never knew existed.

Dreamweaver is great for web development and comes included as part of Adobe's Creative Cloud. It's a powerhouse of an HTML (and many other languages) editor and when you understand the benefits of using it as part of a library of tools, you can end up relying on it quite a bit for your projects.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Steven C.</span>
Steven C.

"Simply the best othere"

What do you like best?

I've been using Dreamweaver since its launch back in '97. I like the ease of use, and how versatile it is in order to create web content. I especially like how it highlights code, and will validate code. For me, these are winners overall.

What do you dislike?

There are two things I really don't like. If you've never used Dreamweaver before, there is a hard learning curve you have to get over. Also, the interface is rather confusing for new users. Other than that, it's the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Dreamweaver, and are willing to take the time to learn the product and what it can do, you will have an amazing experience. I promise you it is well worth it.

We have been able to create a more attractive, interactive website for our customers. For the casual visitor we have a higher ROI in that we are turning more visiters into paying customers.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Kylie D.</span>
Kylie D.

"DreamWeaver review at Team Velocity"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is the best of both worlds for both designers and developers - it compiles clean code in a visual, intuitive manner. As a designer, I need code to be easily highlighted and marked up because the bulk of my coding experience involves cutting and pasting. Dreamweaver makes my job easier by visually outlining the DOM and highlighting errors.

What do you dislike?

The design view could be improved...I've had several experience where code that I know works (Dreamweaver even says it is error-free) doesn't show up in Design View. My only way around this is to preview the creative in a browser window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend Dreamweaver if you are solely used to designing website based on drag-and-drop web builders (i.e. Wix, Squarespace, etc.) It's simply much more involved than that. That being said, hand coding is an intangible skill to learn, and Dreamweaver features helpful videos and templates that come standard with Adobe. So Dreamweaver is a good place to start.

Dreamweaver has helped our organization enormously by enabling our designers to work full-stack, from content creation to design mockup to the final coded product. What used to take 3 employees now can take only one (myself) with the help of Dreamweaver. The fact that it is easy to learn helps with the new hires we onboard, as well.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Qaiser K.</span>
Qaiser K.

"An easy to use and beginner friendly editor"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to get started with Adobe Dreamweaver. I used its WYSIWYG editor extensively when I was starting out. Anyone can create a quality website with very little coding experience using this editor. I also like the split window with live preview of what I'm coding.

What do you dislike?

The biggest drawback of Adobe Dreamweaver is that it consumes a lot of memory, while other editors competing it are very light weight. Due to heavy consumption of memory, the live preview window doesn't update instantly, it takes some time to update. The interface is also a little bit distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a newbie coder, then dreamweaver is perfect for you. You can design your web page using WYSIWYG editor and look at the code generated by dreamweaver. If you've enough budget, then definitely try it.

I use it for quick prototyping and testing different designs which saves a lot of time for me. Also I use it as FTP client to send files to my server.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Nicole N.</span>
Nicole N.

"Intermediate user!"

What do you like best?

I've never been great at coding, but dreamweaver helps to encourage beginners to get started and influences a sort of structure that users can really feel comfortable in. It also allows for great organization for whatever you are working on, seeing the index is super helpful! The code suggestions and code highlights are fabulous! The dreamweaver templates are also very useful and helpful when utilizing the tool.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is slightly wonky, perhaps if you build your UX team to redesign the user interface and do some user testing that would be spectacular. Although the interface is encouraging to beginners, there is still a steep learning curve for getting used too. Lastly, sometimes the CSS doesn't match and is somewhat unreadable. IDK how that could be fixed, but worth looking into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good UX Design team to help with the User Interface!

Sometimes small teams have to double up on work, building interfaces and coding at the same time. This is one of the business problems that we try to solve when utilizing Dreamweaver. It benefits our team by allowing us not only to do web design but provide a code structure for developing at the same time!

Dreamweaver review by <span>Dave D.</span>
Dave D.

"Steep Learning Curve and Need a Development Machine for it to Behave Properly"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of features and once you get used to the learning curve, you can quickly move through design process.

What do you dislike?

I have a dev machine and am a webmaster have been for 20 years. Have used DW a long time, and as with many softwares, in the old days, it used to be a great tool. Quick and fairly easy. With more features seems to always bring more complexity. Too top heavy and difficult to use with too steep a learning curve. Code it writes has a lot of 'garbage code' and difficult to use on a laptop. Not my first choice for web dev, unless it is legacy code already done with DW.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the 30 day trial first unless you have Creative Cloud. I would not use it except for reasons I mentioned in this review.

Just that I can work with Legacy code done with DW. Also use it to transfer old Front Page sites to HTML. This is what I now use it for more than anything. I use the most updated DW.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Dominique B.</span>
Dominique B.

"Dreamweaver: Web Design Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver allows designers of all skill levels to create vibrant, interactive, responsive sites. The software is interoperable with other programs, particularly other Adobe programs, such as illustrator and Photoshop, which makes web design and file management even easier. The software has excellent UX design which allows experienced users and designers to quickly make the product they want, while user friendly features like auto-fill, auto-suggestions, and templates make design simple and easy to learn for new users.

What do you dislike?

The software is pricey but well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement Dreamweaver with other Adobe products. Take advantage of the free trial.

Dreamweaver is easy to use for designers of all skill levels. The ability to hard code allows more experienced designers to create vibrant, interactive sites, while also allowing new users the same opportunities through a user friendly interface.Features such as auto-fill and auto-suggestions save time for all users. As a result, employees and students are able to quickly learn and simply use Dreamweaver to create the exact site they want. This saves me time on having to further train others. It also empowers users to learn HTML, CSS, etc. more in depth through experience. The preview window tiled with the HTML/CSS code is particularly useful for new users and debugging.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Elizabeth A.</span>
Elizabeth A.

"Great product that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is VERY user friendly. For someone who isn't as professionally trained in just web coding, it is simple and understandable. You can become very acclimated very quickly while using Dreamweaver. The split screen is incredibly helpful when you are working on code yet want to see your work update right in front of you. I am still learning CSS and HTML and this product has definitely eased my way into learning and gaining skill in web design.

What do you dislike?

The files navigation is a little complicated. It isn't as easy to use as it looks. The live view doesn't always update soon enough, so a little fidgeting with those getting those updates is a little problem. The tools are a little confusing to use at first, but once you get the hang of everything in Dreamweaver, you'll be able to use with ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a great product for new coders and seasoned coders. There are plenty of helpful tips and the program is incredibly easy to use. The split screen and fast updates to the code are well worth the price. I would recommend any student to use Dreamweaver for practicing code to artists who have been web designing for years.

I haven't had very many problems while using Dreamweaver. I have been trained in using this product and have become very familiar over time when using it. My company uses Dreamweaver on and off and have always had success while using it.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Alicia Sarah V.</span>
Alicia Sarah V.

"Creating quality websites will become easier if you use Adobe Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver makes it easier for me to create quality websites. I really enjoy using its template selection, which allows me to choose from a few layouts that I can fill with any type of text, images and color that I choose. This is the dream of every designer, as it makes the task of designing grids and layouts easier. I´m also amazed at how simple it is to create links and re-use pages by only clicking a few times on Dreamweaver´s user interface. If you´re an experienced web developer, Dreamweaver will be really helpful.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the only drawback I´ve found with Adobe Dreamweaver is that the learning curve can be a bit lengthy. But if you´re a knowledgeable HTML and CSS programmer, then your learning curve will decrease dramatically, as many things inside the software are very intuitive. However, it will take you a bit of time to become familiar with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver is a versatile tool that will make it easier for you to design and create websites. However, Dreamweaver isn´t Wix or any other drag-and-drop tool: you´ll need to spend a lot of time with the software if you really want to exploit every feature that it has to offer, but it´s well-worth your time and effort.

Nowadays, if I want to sell something, I really need a website or I won´t get anywhere. So, if I need a website, it´s a lot better if I create it myself, as hiring an expert designer and developer is really expensive. This is the problem I´m solving with Dreamweaver: I´m able to create my own website so that I can design it exactly the way I want it to be.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Sharon M.</span>
Sharon M.

"Decent Web Editor"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can view in design view, and like that it auto completes closing tags. In addition, we use the other elements of the Creative Suite, and it works seamlessly. We have a CMS for our web pages, but I find it easier to write the code in DW and import it into the CMS, mainlly b/c the tags are color coded, and automatically indent, so it's easier to read code, and I can search and repeat if i need to find/change something.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey, I haven't decided yet if I'm a fan of the subscription model yet (I'm a long time user). At times the design view can be glitchy. It's also crashed in the middle of coding a page for no apparent reason. Sometimes it saves, other times it doesn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I didn't have the rest of the Creative Suite, I don't know if I would buy this product as there are a ton of other web editors out there that are far cheaper. However, since I use the entire Adobe Creative Suite, it's cost efficient for me at this time!

Developing web pages and HTML emails. It's very easy to use, works well with our systems, and fits in seamlessly with other Adobe products. We have a CMS for our web pages, but I find it easier to write the code in DW and import it into the CMS,

Dreamweaver review by <span>Sara O.</span>
Sara O.

"The first coding software I ever used, and the first I always go back to. "

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver makes structuring my code easy. The UI is simple but effective. It clearly colour-codes everything I need to know, and helps me stay organized as I write. Dreamweaver was the first program I ever wrote script on way back in college, and it's still my favourite to this day. It doesn't weigh itself down with extra bells and whistles, but still keeps up with software trends and retains the sleek look we've come to know and love from Adobe. Able to build designs for multiple platforms all in one place.

What do you dislike?

In earlier versions, I found the UI a bit confusing, and importing frameworks or filesets a little more difficult than they were in other programs like Brackets, but I have no real complaints about the current version. Occasionally if you are building particularly complex pages it can chug along a but. The Creative Cloud can easily become very expensive if you rely on it for your design and web teams.

Dreamweaver helps me build pages for my organization quickly and easily. It takes a lot of the heavy lifting out of coding by automating repetitive tasks.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Freda L.</span>
Freda L.

"best of 2 worlds - wysiwyg and code web design"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the program - you can code if you like or use the drag and drop method to build websites. Also using the software with other Adobe products or projects is easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The interface has many panels it seems it could be a bit more streamlined. I struggle with narrowing down my choices so streamlining some tasks in one area and not several is helpful for me. Students always seem to look in the most illogical places for overly used tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Professional level software for website creation. Another feather in Adobe's cap. Student discounted pricing for semester use would be the gravy for this dish.

This program allows me to create websites. I am able to benefit from the coding and visual interface because i can see changes as i code them. So far as a teacher I have not solved any business problems but can see where the product would help in any size business. A dedicated user of the product would be my suggestion.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Ricardo O.</span>
Ricardo O.

"Convenient and Teachable."

What do you like best?

Although I prefer Muse, what I like best is the organization. When you make a mistake, it often tells you and it makes coding easier. I like being able to click and go back and forward from CSS to live view, to the main page of coding. I't convenient for what you have to use it for.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that now that I have Muse, I don't necessarily see the point of having Dreamweaver, unless I just want to get better at coding. Muse exist, and makes things easier. So unless I want to use Dreamweaver for bragging capabilities, it sort of makes Dreamweaver moot. Dreamweaver is a calculated program yet, for some reason, it's extremely hard for me to reduce the size of my projects. So similar to Photoshop, I wish I could set a certain size, and then the file size being forced to stay that exact size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really don't have any criticism except for the few times it crashes on me. And the fact that I prefer Muse. I am a big fan of the capability it has between other Adobe products like Muse, Photoshop. I didn't use it for UI that much, but I look forward to doing that if in fact I have to. I was told that it gets great for that. So if it's more convenient that Muse & UI as a combo then I might be changing my tune very soon.

Using Dreamweaver has allowed me to learn how to code better. Therefore, allowing me to know when I make mistakes, and knowing how to fix them. It's very teachable. It gives me insight on how coding is and makes me to get better. Basically it gives me the knowledge I can use in other areas of my career. Also knowledge that I can use with other programs.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Sean S.</span>
Sean S.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is Great for Learning"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to setup your website and edit your files. Compared to other text editors, you don't have to do a lot of command-line code or application installation to get features like FTP. It's already there and ready to go. The split design is great for when you can develop a website locally so you don't have to keep going back to the browser and hitting refresh.

What do you dislike?

It can require a lot of RAM and HDD space. 2 gb for both. This is pretty typical of Adobe programs. It may be nice to disable certain applications within Dreamweaver to help reduce the size of the program and only add them in as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might as well be using the entire Adobe Creative Suite. This is a great application that can integrate with the other software Adobe offers. You may need at least one technical person in your organization (or at least someone who can lookup how to setup Dreamweaver on Google).

I'm able to fully access my website's backend files and edit the files on the fly. Our company already has Adobe Creative Suite and this is a really nice application that is included in the subscription. Sure, there are free applications out there but this is by far the best all-in-one website development tool that I use.

Dreamweaver review by <span>ASHISH J.</span>
ASHISH J.

"Best Designer Tool Ever you will Crave For"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is a sort of tool i have always craved for. simple look and feel and of great assistance when comes to programming syntax and semantics. Most of times it shows such great help that we had forgot no not even could think of. Dreamweaver provide the best tool to help the user to create webpages with live view. It provides you all the tools you will ever need to design or develop a website.

What do you dislike?

For having a good customized solution for you adobe charges a great amount. Most of the time it crashes on system with less RAM. there must be something for legacy systems. Sometimes the freshers found it's UserInterface more complicated as compared to other editors , so i think Adobe should work on making it more User friendly so that a fresher should also find it more easy to use. Instead of confusing it should me more student friendly. Most of the times its "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET" feature does not show the real output ,so the work should be done to make it more accurate .Adobe community are falling behind the curve when it comes about the how the professional Web Designer or Developer work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good software for fresher developer and web designers

Syntax get stronger and vocab related to work / coding language gets improved. You get to know much more functions that help you lot in some or the other way, like interview cracking or knowing core coding behind functions.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Julian N.</span>
Julian N.

"A developer's friend"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver has been a developer's friend since a long time now. It has a rich set of features when it comes to writing code for html5 and css3. It has a unique feature of live preview window which sets it apart from the rest of the editor out there. It has a very strong integration with other adobe apps such as photoshop. It has built in support for writing code and designing for multiple platforms such as a desktop, tablet or a mobile device.

What do you dislike?

Dreamweaver often takes a lot of CPU usage and takes time to load in server. If you are working with a lot of pages, it becomes complex to use. Understanding the server configuration in dreamweaver is often confusing. The code snippets inbuilt are not optimized code. In terms of cost it is expensive then the other hmtl5 and css3 editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver has a great set of tools such as code highlighting and suggestions, design and code window side by side and code snippets which will save a lot of your time. If you are also working with other adobe products such as photoshop then it will help you more with its integration with other adobe design files.

Adobe Dreamweaver helps in code highlighting whenever required. The live preview window saves a lot of time compared to other editors where you might have to refresh the page to see it in effect. You can use code and design view in parallel to understand the code implications in the browser. The find and replace tools lets you search sitewide, saving a lot of time there.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Lisa P.</span>
Lisa P.

"And oldie but a goodie"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this product has been around for a very long time. It's been updated a lot since then, but this is the same product I used to learn web design in college over ten years ago! I feel very comfortable and confident with it. I also love how it's integrated with other Adobe products which I use every day. I absolutely adore split view! I don't think I have used any other programs with this capability and it is VERY helpful.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there could be a simpler interface. I always feel a tad overwhelmed when I have this program open because I usually use so many windows at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use other adobe products, this one is a great addition.

I use it for FTP and for text editing html and CSS. I like having these options all in one program. I am sure Dreamweaver has a lot more capabilities than what I am using it for, and I feel good that I'll have those capabilities at my fingertips once the time comes.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Swetha T.</span>
Swetha T.

"A great tool for developers and designers alike"

What do you like best?

I love the split view that Dreamweaver offers. It's an easy and efficient way to test the code and see if there's anything wrong without having to actually go to a browser. I also love the predictive feature which makes coding faster and easier. The color coding for each keyword is also helpful and makes reading and going through the code much easier. It's a great place to hone your coding skills.

What do you dislike?

The whole atmosphere of the software takes some getting used to. It takes practice and will get clearer with use. The git function is new and will need some trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, try this out, it helps and works a lot better than other software I've tried so far.

I am creating my company website using Dreamweaver as well as my blog. It has made the whole process much more efficient as compared to notepad++.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Cyrano R.</span>
Cyrano R.

"Good html IDE"

What do you like best?

It is very friendly interface and help me to be productive, is not have to run and can be a very useful IDE to start a WEB application, i did not tested the SaaS Dreamweaver yet, but the on-premisses Dreamweaver IDE toll help me a lot every time when I want to check bugs in my code, because when we are writing an application, we can use the split view that slit the code and the rendered view. Another important thing that is not less important it is the deploy and sync to servers, feature that helps a lot on day by day, this is very important when we have different projects and you can sync with the code that is on the server.

What do you dislike?

To rendering advanced CSS the, the view mode broke and it's very difficult to see what will be rendered on a WEB browser, another thing important it is the fact of the Dreamweaver view do not compatible with popular WEB browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Internet Explores, the most part of the time, i needed to test my applications in this many different WEB browsers and this tests takes too much time that in some cases is too values

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very good to start web applications

Web design, any new application, before code, I start the process by the Dreamweaver, this process help me to create the all web structure

Dreamweaver review by <span>Brian C.</span>
Brian C.

"Simple website design, especially when integrated with other adobe products"

What do you like best?

Dream Weaver has the ability to select different views when creating web pages. A 'code view' shows only the html code for the page. A 'design view' gives an indication of how the html page will appear in a browser. 'A split view', as the name implies, allows you to see the code view and design view at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Probably the biggest dislike of DW is the cost of the program, especially since there are many programs that can do a reasonably sufficient job for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using templates to reduce the amount of time it takes in build, especially as you begin to create larger and larger websites.

Probably the best thing about DW is that it can be used quite easily for a file management system, which makes it more valuable in my eyes from a business standpoint. It has multi-function and as a result improves value.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Travis K.</span>
Travis K.

"Perfect Web Development Solution"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and diversity of options.

What do you dislike?

Initial flexibility in learning UI system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver offers the best solutions in back-end programming. It is a way better solution that simply opening up notepad and typing your coding in to save it as a .html or .php file.

Developing flexible content management systems that pull aspects of other CMS systems into a single system for clients. Developing and designing attractive websites with search engine optimization, and overall website optimization that allows for a responsible mobile friendly, and attractive design for all of our clients. Allowing us to attract a broad selection of target consumers, audience, or clients for our own clients. Dreamweaver allows us to do both backend and frontend programming without the constant need to jump between multiple software platforms, but to have all the work done in a single platform.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Sahil J.</span>
Sahil J.

"An editor that understands developer needs"

What do you like best?

Easy to switch between different workspaces specially if you are working on multiple projects at the same time. You can change the theme of the editor from dark to light based on your comfort level. You can view real time updates in browser as you change your code in the editor. You can have multiple windows which makes it easy if you are writing code in html, css and javascript at the same time. This helps in getting quick reference to your elements in each file rather than switching tabs to access the files.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of cpu load while using it. The code linting and syntax errors needs to be having more information as some of the errors are not recognized by the existing code linting system. There are less plugins available which makes it difficult to use for other technologies such as php, python, java, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Adobe Dreamweaver, you can write the code with real time update in browser without needing to refresh the browser or clear the browser cache. It works best when you use the workspace and multi window feature which allows you to work on multiple files at the same time and hence saving your time. If you are using photoshop for design files, then it helps in exporting the images from the design files directly without needing to open photoshop.

With Adobe Dreamweaver, we are able to save time by working in parallel with the real time browser view. It integrated with bootstrap very well and the developers are able to customize the editor as per their comfortable views. The multi window for code editing and integration with Adobe Photoshop design files, helps in quickly exporting the images in 1x, 2x and 3x dimensions.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Lahn B.</span>