Adobe Dreamweaver

Visually design and develop modern, responsive websites. The world’s most complete toolset for web designers and front-end developers lets you create, code, and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen.

Work for Adobe Dreamweaver?

Learning about Dreamweaver?

Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews

Showing 1597 Dreamweaver reviews
Dreamweaver review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

Feels a little dated in 2018.

What do you like best?

This web development software had a short stint in the early 2000s where it was clearly the best solution to website designs and developers, but it's fallen behind quite a bit since then- a lot of other software that I've used has improved drastically and either surpassed or caught up to it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it doesn't come down to a single thing- it's a lot of elements that just come together to create an experience that isn't ideal. A lot of the newer features feel like they've just been slapped on, instead of being considered in the overall user experience. It's still a decent piece of software, but frustrations amount often for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not my favourite. If you're a visual designer- I recommend Webflow. If you're a developer, you can use any text editor software (I can't recall, but there's definitely much better than this).

Early on in my career, I used Notepad and Dreamweaver exclusively, but now I end up using Webflow or text editors a lot more frequently than I do Dreamweaver. I probably use it here and there to fix minor things, but it's not my favourite tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver review by <span>alan c.</span>
alan c.

Smooth Coding

What do you like best?

this must be the best tool out there when coming to designing websites. it got all the tools and support every script you require to make a website. it checks the codes instantly and highlights the codes for easy working.its extremely useful while working with dynamic coding languages,it got a screen to see the effect of the coding on the screen so you don't have to change screen now and then to check the code. you can also get code suggestions on the go which is really helpful. another great thing i found about Dreamweaver is the ability to link media files to the coding easily.. there are also options t validate the code with the press of a button. the program is quite popular and you can download tons of templates online made for Dreamweaver online. the support from adobe as well as adobe community is great and quite enough to sort out any problems you may face.

What do you dislike?

the program isn't browser-based and this is troubling, you can get it right on the dreamweaver interface and the coding can still crash on the browser so you have to do cross-browser testing after all these. the interface is confusing and can take time to learn even thou you can customize it. its really hard tl learn drewamweaver as a beginner. the program isn't cheap many wont be able to afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the program isn't a necessity but it can make your work so much easier. if you can afford it then i suggest you to go for it.

designing and coding websites.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Dreamweaver review by <span>Blaine F.</span>
Blaine F.

It keeps getting better

What do you like best?

I like being able to manage HTML documents and designs, and view code-only, then switch to live view. It's like having Brackets plus a live view without having to leave the program.

What do you dislike?

I feel it's a bit overwhelming and not always clear what you can get out of it. I'd like to use it to its full potential and I'm not always sure how to get training, but I want to do more with CSS. I think their web development product MUSE or something like that is not something i wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works out as a part of the whole suite because we also use Photoshop and Illustrator, all included in our monthly charge.

I send out a newsletter for a key client every month, and just rinse and repeat in Dreamweaver, then upload the HTML and plug it into emma. In the past I did Web design old school using Dreamweaver exclusively, uploading to sites live etc. But in recent years I use more Wordpress, and don't feel Dreamweaver fits into that workflow.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Jasper H.</span>
Jasper H.

A Good IDE for a Web Beginner

What do you like best?

Out-of-the-box it's really nicely setup for beginners. It's easy to use and has FTP support built right in since it's really made for web development. "Site" management makes it easy to manage the code and servers for multiple websites.

What do you dislike?

The cost is my main issue with Dreamweaver.

There are a number of free products, like Eclipse, but those free products all take some setup to really make them good for web development.

Adobe has moved to a subscription-based model which I personally don't like but it does mean you will continuously get updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver was my first IDE. It really helped me make the transition from Notepad to a WYSIWYG editor and then back to using a full-fledged IDE like a text editor to manually change code (with code hints and what not).

We create and manage HTML/JS/CSS/PHP for corporate web assets.

We like the project management features that are built-in like the check in/out functionality.

We have multiple departments using Dreamweaver to manage the same source code and we do not have issues with overwriting each other.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Nick M.</span>
Nick M.

Great web design tool, unfortunate pricing structure

What do you like best?

It's a very easy program to use, allows me to use HTML and What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)

What do you dislike?

The Dreamweaver product is now only available as a subscription service, so where as a few years ago you paid for the software and it was yours now you pay monthly and when you stop even if you've paid hundreds/thousands the software will stop working!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a very good program, it handles everything that we need from it. We are a basic user but I feel that it is more than suitable for the more advanced and expert users. I do not like it's monthly subscription policy and would prefer to buy it out right even if that means it may be out of date a few years later - I'd like the option.

Easy to use without lots of training, but is also great for the more advanced of us.

Dreamweaver review by <span>Leaf M.</span>
Leaf M.

WYSIWYG or HTML coding streamlined

What do you like best?

I love Dreamweaver for its user interface, charm, design, and functionality. It has an easy-to-understand interactive shell that lets you create web sites on the fly, edit asp/cold fusion/java/ and javascript snippets with all the bells and whistles interactive tools a coder needs. While I am more of a digital artist than a programmer, this wonderful software lets me easily put my image to the world.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve to Dreamweaver if you're coming from an art perspective. That is easily solved with the wYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface that lets you design your pages easily without knowing code. That is a plus in my book. But even that interface takes some time to learn. But that's true about most of Adobe products. Cost would be the other downfall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to web design, especially working in the photography field, Dreamweaver easily blends together your work in Photoshop into Dreamweaver for publication online. It taught me web design and is an amazing gift.

I remember when one of my photography clients asked me to make them a portfolio online. I was stumped. A friend lent me a student version of Dreamweaver and once i got passed the hair pulling, it became easier and easier to use. With the WYSIWYG function i was able to show my client what the web site would look like and how we could utilize galleries on the web site. He was so impressed. From that point on i realized i had to buy a copy and for many years I used it daily.

Learning about Adobe Dreamweaver?

* We monitor all Adobe Dreamweaver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.