Adobe Experience Manager

3.5

Adobe Experience Manager helps you create, manage, and optimize digital customer experiences across every channel, including web, mobile apps, digital forms, and communities.

Work for Adobe Experience Manager?

Learning about Adobe?

Adobe Experience Manager Reviews

Showing 86 Adobe reviews
Adobe review by David A.
David A.

"Enterprise Strength Content Management"

What do you like best?

AEM is incredibly flexible. The system allows you to build templates for pages and place many different kinds of content on the pages (or not, depending on your rules), each with its own "component".

One of AEM's biggest strengths is "shared content". It's a special area in the CMS where content in it can be re-used just about anywhere else in the site.

AEM is incredibly full-featured and extensible. If it doesn't do exactly what you want to do, you can implement your own local variation on top of the provided code.

What do you dislike?

With high flexibility comes high complexity. AEM is built on a Unix-like structure and requires a fair bit of knowledge from end users. Users who need to update some content once a year or so may find themselves frustrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AEM is a top of the line solution for large, complex enterprise websites.

It is the enterprise content management system at my work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Experience Manager
Adobe review by Juan Ignacio G.
Juan Ignacio G.

"It is very editable but a bit slow"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this web administrator is the possibility of editing or modifying things within each internal page of the site with just clicking and moving the mouse; The creation of editable spaces is simple and there are many modifiable features within the options.

It is also important to note that sharing with many users does not present problems and full or restrictive permits can be given depending on who enters

What do you dislike?

The tool itself is slow and heavy for quick changes. In addition many minor changes such as Titles and Descriptions require unnecessary steps for approval, which influences this slow process that characterizes AEM

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being Adobe, that gives extra confidence in the use of the tool; with a little practice the changes are made without problems although I remark that it is slow in general.

One of the clients of the agency used this tool to manage their site and gave me full access. I focus on modification of Meta Data but I have also made design modifications.

What Digital Experience Platforms (DXP) solution do you use?

Adobe review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great for multiple websites"

What do you like best?

I work a lot on creating content for multiple websites, which means keeping track of different home pages, content, and having fast turn around. When use AEM, it makes my edits visible while I'm making edits. In the editor, I have a clear view of how my content is going to be presented once I publish it.

What do you dislike?

I'm still new using this and it's intimidating to know that if I push something into the system, that everyone else in my team and company will see it. This means if I make certain mistakes, people will know it was my mistake. I'm sure this feeling will go away once I get more comfortable using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm still really new and I can't give an in depth answer to this.

I work with multiple teams at once, one problem I was having was working in conjunction with other content managers and us not being able to collaborate as effectively as I would like. This helps us work well together.

Adobe review by Hannah H.
Hannah H.

"Adobe Review "

What do you like best?

Ease of use would be what i like best about this product. A photography business isn't complete without Adobe Experience Manager. Connecting with customers was a breeze and it really helped me see where I was connecting and where I really needed more work. It helped me with managing my business as a whole as well.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I disliked about it. If I had to pick one thing I disliked how few updates I saw for it. I only discontinued use because I found something better that filled a need that this program no longer could but for the time being it did what I needed it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would totally recommend this product to any self employed business or even a business that is already doing well. It has the means to really connect you with your user base and help you see where you're going and where you need to be going.

Problems I've solved would be management of my user base and connecting with those customers which showed a huge benefit to my business.

Adobe review by Ashish M.
Ashish M.

"Powerful Content Management System"

What do you like best?

AEM is a great CMS, it is so much flexible and also easy to use. The best part is the agility in it, like dividing the entire project into templates, components and then you can play with it.

It has a great DAM system where Business can put their content and then use it in AEM or other places.

It has great user admin screen where we can manage the user groups, it is a great feature to easily manage all this.

What do you dislike?

It is a complex system with so many screens to manage. The biggest issue which I faced was the time taken to develop application on this and the money used for its implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Software to build your online platform

We are building Enterprise Content Management System with this. We worked with different company and leverage the AEM Platform to build solutions for them.

Adobe review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Extremely capable and functional enterprise web CMS"

What do you like best?

Adobe AEM integrates with the Adobe Marketing Cloud features and allows for some very complex content management and delivery, including targeting.

What do you dislike?

Adobe AEM has a very high learning curve to get beyond the base functionality. It is worth the time investment, but requires months of preparation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the most feature rich enterprise level web content management system available. It is complex, and there is much depth, which requires effort and time. But it is worth it. It is important to recognize that the right teams should be set up and trained to use this product as a part of a larger marketing initiative. As a standalone product without working with creative, user experience, front end development teams, you will not get the most out of this product.

Adobe AEM allows the delivery of feature rich authored content with workflow approvals for legal, copywriting, and other necessary teams to assure the right content is displayed at the right time.

Adobe review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"AEM is the king of CMS platforms"

What do you like best?

From copywriters to developers, any level of user can operate AEM. Adobe has made the task of managing a large scale website as easy as managing the folder structure of your family reunion photo albums. Easy stuff.

What do you dislike?

The dreaded "cons" of AEM... Well guess what? I haven't found any. Seriously. Integrations with other products are not nearly as painful with AEM and the asset manager is clutch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very powerful tool with a ton of options. Be patient. Take some training. You will love it.

Business problem: Launch a full scale corporate banking site within 6-8 months. Solution: AEM. We did it. It wasn't the easiest process in the world, but we managed and succeeded.

Adobe review by Patricia G.
Patricia G.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

I’ve been using it for many years, even with updates it’s still really easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I’ve never experienced any issues with it, i’ve used it for a long time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use, take some time to play with it

Mostly used for marketing, advertisement and informational flyers, triptics and that sort of deals. Benefits would be creating something great and simple in a short amount of time.

Adobe review by Lindsey B.
Lindsey B.

"Adobe is a complex platform, yet high-tech"

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe is one of the most top-notch and best performing products on the market. It allows for more flexibility with their products and provide some of the best training experiences.

What do you dislike?

It's extremely complex, and if you don't have any familiarity with high-functioning HTML, it will be very hard to grasp and understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider getting formal training, and as much training as possible; familiarize your company and self with as much of Adobe as you can possibly. It will benefit you greatly in the interim.

The business problems I solved with Adobe Experience Manager were high-level experiences for a developing team to help with a newly designed website, along with content migration.

Adobe review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Improving, but have used better"

What do you like best?

I like that it offers formatting tools with an interface similar to Microsoft Word.

What do you dislike?

It is prone to errors, is slow, can take a long time to load, is time-consuming, has intermittent glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is improving, not as quickly as users would like generally, but it is still very frustrating; it is costly and there are better tools than AEM, as I see it.

It enables me to post news and images to our websites.

Adobe review by User in Computer Software

"Robust Platform "

What do you like best?

It's a very robust ecommerce platform that can integrate well with many of the other Adobe suite of products.

What do you dislike?

We haven't fully integrated with the Touch UI and the navigation around the backend can be a bit clunky. Tags for product set up are helpful, but would get clunky with a large product catalog.

It's a robust ecommerce platform and helped us solve our content management problems. Once we fully integrate some of the other Adobe products such as Search & Promote & Adobe Sensei and upgrade to the touch UI, we'll really be able to fully take advantage of the capabilities.

Adobe review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Good for the out of the box function"

What do you like best?

The page templates that are componentized out of the box are easy to use and work really well with other Adobe products. User Interface is easy to learn and understand.

What do you dislike?

custom templates malfunction often, when we ask Adobe for help/support, the solution is almost always buying more service contracts, and/or adobe products. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just know this in advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you can get all adobe products, it will make the ease of use of any individual one much better and will be a more cohesive experience overall, just make sure you are ready to commit full to the Adobe package.

marketing content management updates are simple and accessible to make. We don't have to wait a long time or get the technical team involved.

Adobe review by Surendra K.
Surendra K.

"Great tool for multiple sites, content, translations and integratiing other applications"

What do you like best?

Built on Java based technologies, easy to learn (only if coming from java background), integration with existing applications

What do you dislike?

Complicated installation, setup, maintenance, lots of settings to remember (big checklist); Not adequate documentation from Adobe; Expensive; No developer edition to test/try

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very expensive tool; Finding developers to work on this tool is hard and they are very pricey; Only choose this tool if you have ample time to test, learn and migrate your current platform; Easy to integrate with existing apps; Learning is comparatively easier if you have a java team; Do not expect Adobe to answer your questions; There are several very good Vendors who do better jobs on AEM

Developing multiple regional websites for the enterprise, with translations, marketing needs for every region yet being on the same look & feel, integrating with existing web applications using REST

Adobe review by User

"Good Tool for Large Businesses"

What do you like best?

Adobe Experience Manager is relatively easy to use. Its built-in DAM allows you to store all of your content in one area, and its tagging structure allows you to optimize your website as you build it. Being able to connect AEM into the rest of the marketing suite is also a big benefit.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Forms is not included OOTB, which is a bummer.

We need a CMS that could hold tons of pages of content, since our business is so large. Our newest website was built using AEM and is optimized on a regular basis.

Adobe review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Web Content Management : The most Feature Rich tool"

What do you like best?

AEM is by far the best tool I have used for WCM.

Its got plugins for almost every time of feature required to create a dynamic website.

Very easy to create and customize.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the tool is very high. Its overly complex to install and implement for the first time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate other tools in the market before going the AEM way.

Perform a thorough tool due dilligence based on your requirement

Creating a dynamic , content rich and multi-device compatible website along with the integration of the campaign management tool.

We are using it to host the dynamic campaign and offer's dynamic landing pages.

We are able to track campaign performance, web traffic analytics and develop better customer centric content and webpages

Adobe review by Lulu H.
Lulu H.

"Good overall."

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and intuitive. I use it to manage my global branded website for two brands.

What do you dislike?

Seems to have small bugs all the time and I have to go to our internal web team to have them contact AEM.

Managing branded websites.

Adobe review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Experience Manager is an Enjoyable Experience!"

What do you like best?

The easy of use and overall intuitive user experience. Learning the basics is a relatively steep learning curve, but it isn't intimidating. Once you've familiarized yourself with Adobe Experience Manager, it's an easy and enjoyable tool to use.

What do you dislike?

So far (been using for nearly a year), not much to dislike. Like the Adobe software that I use as a graphic designer, which is my primary role, it's a very powerful tool with functions far beyond what I've discovered or needed to use thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend it, especially if a company is already using other Adobe Creative Cloud products.

My organization uses Adobe Experience Manager to build/manage our website. Compared to what we used before for managing our website, AEM is far and away and better tool.

Adobe review by Internal Consultant in Airlines/Aviation
Internal Consultant in Airlines/Aviation

"OS CMSs are not Free too, Does'nt mean go with Pricey Dead stuff bcoz of its Entriprise Marketing"

What do you like best?

Except that its only one jar and only takes a click to start your nightmare, Nothing good here.

What do you dislike?

Marketed as the best CMS and with many other huge claims, most of them are half truths if not flat lies.

Marketed as OSGi, AEM in reality falls flat on key feature of OSGi, like ability of handling dependencies to the same library but with different versions. JCR is like filesystem but not truly a file system and this causes you lot of pain. TouchUI is said to be the future and but classicUI is what you will be using in reality, as TouchUI is not yet right there. Many features can only be used in theory like iParasys(designer's nightmare) for responsive design. Its an old system and hence has its not own legacy issues, as they have shied away from complete re-writing of the system. You pay a hefty price for license and will go through huge pain for implementing it. Maintenance is not easy as training staff is costly, it has a long learning curve and skilled consultants are again pricey and hard to find. To gain anything out of the power of this Monster you will probably need new Infrastructure and architecture which again can be costly. And the Marketing never stops, they try to sell you target and cloud services and other stuff.

This system might be good for intranet sites and govt sites which are fairly static, something like sharepoint or any old java based cms might be used for. But not a fit for many other USE CASES like eCommerce.

Open source CMSs are free, as in free Cat. You still need to feed the free Cat .

But AEM is pricey, as in a Pricey Elephant. And a Pricey Elephant takes lot more than a Cat.

Adobe review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Looks pretty, but needs work on discovery capabilities"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create collections in folders that are visually appealing. It is also very simple to upload assets.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there is not a "back" button. If you enter search terms, click on an asset to get a closer look, and then go back, you will lose your search terms and results. I also do not how it does not display the number of results in a search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that you are planning to use AEM in tandem with other products in the Adobe Suite, like Sites.

We have temporarily solved the problem of where to put things.

Adobe review by Todd F.
Todd F.

"Adobe Experience Manager Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to have all content live in one centralized place that all internal teams can also review, sign off on. Making content changes to existing webpage modules right in AEM is very easy and can be completed within minutes.

What do you dislike?

The product itself isn't that intuitive and can be troublesome at times with the multiple layers of user access settings.

Being able to manage all site content in once place along with all webpages and page modules.

Adobe review by Lulu H.
Lulu H.

"Good product"

What do you like best?

The user interface of the software is intuitive and the experience is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there are constantly bug issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product and user friendly.

Easy for content uploads but always having bug issues.

Adobe review by Greg P.
Greg P.

"Good Management Service"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to make widespread changes to multiple product detail pages. The ability to have large-scale control and make rapid iterations is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The build process could be slow at times since the entire package would need to rebuild. As a front-end developer, this can slow down dev times.

The ability to roll out blocks of content quickly, and put large changes in place over large parts of the DAM.

Adobe review by Juan A.
Juan A.

"Very powerful, a lot of layers"

What do you like best?

Its a very powerful CMS with a lot of integrations into the Adobe marketing cloud, as well as 3rd party systems like Hybris.

What do you dislike?

As a developer, there are A LOT of layers to deal with. At its core, there is Sling, Java and JSP, but in the latest versions they have thrown in Sightly. For AEM mobile there is phonegap, angular, you name it. Its just a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other CMS solutions that may be easier to implement.

Giving our clients a CMS in which to edit content for distribution to mobile devices.

Adobe review by Michele B.
Michele B.

"AEM for Employee Intranet"

What do you like best?

The functionality and capabilities of AEM are great for a diverse audience with complicated and varying access levels. Components are easy to add and configure, and meet all of our content needs. It is simple to add resources from the Digital Asset Manager and HTML code editor makes it easy to copy and customize existing content (especially during content migration).

What do you dislike?

Navigating and drilling down to specific areas of the site can be a bit complicated and time-consuming depending on the size and complexity of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AEM Training provided by Adobe was extremely helpful and gave a lot of insight as to what features and functionality are delivered out of the box with minimal customization. I would highly recommend learning more about these features and functions at the onset of a project to understand the full scope of what is needed for your certain needs.

We are able to use one site to deliver global and local content within the same platform using targeting and permissions. This platform also allows our employee portal to be responsive and mobile so that associates are able to access the information on the go.

Adobe review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Adobe Experience Manager Is Top-Notch"

What do you like best?

AEM is intuitive and user-friendly. I like that I can make changes quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Scheduled page updates can sometimes be unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AEM is super intuitive and easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Our firm uses AEM for content authoring of our digital properties. By doing so and giving the author more flexibility and power, we are able to be more efficient and save time.

"I want more control!"

What do you like best?

AEM was very easy to learn and begin building web pages.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if it the way our developers set it up, but I don't have much control over the CSS or HTML within components.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is great and does everything we need it to do.

I am quickly able to build a landing page that looks and feels like the rest of our site.

"Reliable product"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and built on a powerful platform. Interface is very friendly and the technology seems to be keeping up with the innovation and demands of the market.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues with the single sign-on or the remember me functions. Even though I have the option selected, I am still required to login multiple times. Not a big issue but more of an annoyance.

The biggest thing is realizing what the experience is like for our consumers and customers. It helps put in perspective for the organization what the experience is like for the consumer and to help design products from a consumer first perspective.

Adobe review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Working within AEM allowed for fast and effective publishing"

What do you like best?

The templating options allowed our company to work within a standard set of page layouts that helped streamline the page builds and keep the site w/in brand standards.

What do you dislike?

From time to time some of the page templates seemed to be a bit buggy.

So much of the website could be updated with new content in a timely manor with a relatively small team managing the builds.

Adobe review by Travis B.
Travis B.

"Another good Adobe product"

What do you like best?

This is a good tool for people looking to build different types of complex web experiences.

What do you dislike?

Seems to not have many downsides. The creative cloud access pages and subscription service would be the main defect of most Adobe products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to be a like for like product to WordPress.

Being able to build out web views clients can explore and comment on is invaluable.

Adobe review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Customization and Combining with other tools is the key!"

What do you like best?

Navigation was easy and intuitive. The expanding taxonomy and structure was very easy to customize. Very customizable in general (work flows, api calls, etc.) if you have the proper technical resources.

What do you dislike?

Load times can be slow when updating content. Some tasks from the non-technical side ended up being very repetitive depending on how the system was set-up. It takes a lot of work to customize...but once completed that is a strength.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AEM should be viewed as a key part of the entire Adobe stack. When combined with tools such as Test & Target, SiteCatalyst, and the Adobe Marketing Cloud...it can get quite powerful.

Ability to update content on owned web properties with out the need for dedicated technical staff. Leveraged for areas with frequent content updates such as the homepage and campaign pages.

Adobe review by Administrator

"User-friendly Interface with Great Back-end Support"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive and friendly user interface. It's difficult to get lost in the system because of the cleanliness of the UI. There also provide various ways of getting to a solution within a given page, so frustration is kept to a minimum.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes dislike how the cdrag and drop function refuses to cooperate. While the rest of the functions are spot on, the selection and dragging of frames can be slightly off / uncooperative.

We seek to improve the experience of our website visitors by providing them with an informative and seamless journey on our pages. This leads to finding faster solutions on our webpages. This has already been realized, with constant optimization always running.

Adobe review by Miriam T.
Miriam T.

"My Experience with Adobe Experience Manger CQ (AEM)"

What do you like best?

Being newer to the AEM CQ platform, I feel that overall the background structure is quite simple to understand and maneuver throughout with having basic content management experience from different platforms. I also like that even though it is a simple process, it feels very secure when activating and making changes live. It takes going through a few confirming steps to make something go live on the website, which is good and causes us to make deliberate actions. I like the widgets, and the ability to have them customized for our use. The tree structure given allows us to house multiple global websites and keep them consistent across the board.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the current version I have, does not do simple things such as automatically alphabetize tree structures/lists. In some areas you are not able to mass activated, which drags out something that should be simple and quick. I also find that after being within the program for awhile, it slows down quite a bit (not sure if this hinges more on the AEM program, or poor internet connection - that should be considered).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend AEM to others. It is a very well thought-out program and continues to have great advancements with each new publish to the software.

We are trying to get all of our global websites onto one platform to keep them consistent with each other, and this has been a great solution for that. It is currently housing several different websites, all in foreign languages, and we are finally being able to create a consistent brand for ourselves. It handles much content management storage without problem such as images, pdfs, etc - and offers a nice search feature. I like the ability to tag, add meta data, etc.

For someone newer, at times this can be an overwhelming training process. However, we are confident this is the best route to go for our company and continuation of global development with our sites.

Adobe review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Worst CMS possible. Surprised this is what Adobe came up with."

What do you like best?

Absolutely nothing. This software is complete garbage.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. This is a front-end developers worst nightmare. Even with training our team struggled to understand how to use this CMS. What benefit it actually brings for its price is still a mystery to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for something else. Seriously.

This tool has had no bearing, in my opinion to our solutions to problems or the realization of any benefits for the company.

Adobe review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Complex and adaptable"

What do you like best?

Now that our in house developers have worked through the components we need, I like the ease of drag and drop components versus HTML coding.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that while building pages, the components freeze sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a few years to integrate. Try to have patience.

Merchandising needs, ecommerce platform.

Adobe review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Clumsy and awkward "

What do you like best?

It keeps assets in one place and provided *some* control over the projects. Their support person responsible for our account is incredibly nice and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Not user-friendly interface and search, very difficult to search for tags so you have to go and look for them manually, "freezes" and works exceptionally slow pretty often, have to reach out for their support over and over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just make sure to test it out before you commit

Keeping track of the projects, sharing assets with global team, storing assets

Adobe review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"AEM succeeds but bores. "

What do you like best?

AEM is easy to use, and is certainly functional.

What do you dislike?

The components are often buggy and load time is not as fast as other industry leaders. Out of the box features can be clunky.

We use this an an extranet. Compared to our previous [intra]net, we are able to better organize the site for stakeholders.

Adobe review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Powerful CMS for the Enterprise"

What do you like best?

Very power platform for building personalized experiences, excellent versioning and integration options

What do you dislike?

Not as easy to use as some off the shelf and open source solutions CMS options. No real community of modules and plugins, everything must be purpose built.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AEM is a platform for building rich web experiences, it's not a quick solution to bring up a new site. Remember that everything you see in the demos are not out of the box capabilities, they are examples of custom development using the tools included in AEM.

Needed a scalable platform to standardize web authoring and publishing resulting in increased productivity and distributed authoring capabilities.

Adobe review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Adobe Scene7 Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Scene7 can host different accounts/companies within their system which makes it a more holistic experience that can store a wide range of content and media assets in their portal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Scene7 can be clunky to use and load time is long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scene7 is a solid content management system that I would recommend for housing/storing media assets and for publishing onsite.

Business problems include renaming all assets for consistency across the brand.

Adobe review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Expensive bang for buck but simple-to-use means it will be used more often."

What do you like best?

When we looked at various portal and CMS solutions to replacing our aging legacy intranet portal, our committee evaluated about 10 different technology solutions and arrived at Adobe AEM as the best solution for us. It's not cheap, but while many competing solutions "CAN" meet requirements, it's worth the time to request a demo of "HOW" an editor and end user would use the platform and witness the steps involved to better understand the process.

One of the features I like the best about the product from layout and design perspective is that you can drag and drop column control components on a row by row basis to layout your page. Gone are the dark days when you are constricted to a 2 or 3 column layout template for the whole page. You can decide that you want 3 columns of content components (text, video, images, or widgets, etc.) in the first row, and then decide on the fly that you want 1 or 2 columns on the next row. This allows designers and authorers the flexibility to layout each page as needed without resorting to templates. Of course there are page templates as well, but this was one of the many selling points.

The fact that you can simply select text and in a couple clicks update the content makes updates easy, and encourages a culture of self publishing made easy.

What do you dislike?

The product definitely needs a 3rd party implimentor to set up the necessary templates, configurations, customizations of components and of course testing etc. Expect this to take at least a full year before actual launching the product - more if you want to ensure a truly bilingual experience for administrators and content editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend getting some in-house expertise so you can determine which customizations and configurations can be done in-house (more cost-effective) and what can be implemented by a 3rd party provider.

We were looking to replace an aging oracle based portal intranet solution. We honestly aren't leveraging many of the marketing features and personalized content features yet, as we are focused mainly on migration from our old platform at this point.

Adobe review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Product Easy to implement for Developers"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to pick up. There's a great resource of online courses that will get you going in a week even if you have never used it before. I also like how its very easy to customize the dialogs.

What do you dislike?

I found that if you were doing something that involved a lot of customization (in terms of forms, etc) it was a bit complex. Editing java files was a pain because the online editor didn't support changing. Also you have to sync your online editor with your editor in eclipse, which sometimes was frustrating if you forget and end up loosing your changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely feel that its one of the best content managements software out there. There weren't too many limitations to it. And as a developer, little ramp up time in terms of training.

We wanted to customize the clients entire Websphere based site to this content management site. We wanted to customize dialogs and be able to customize forms. The challenges we faced were the client only wanted specific looks to be change between using the dialog boxes. So it was a lot of "if the box template is chosen, these 3 options will appear." Overall it was a success from a developers' standpoint. As far as benefits goes, I can see that you can use this to easily create a page even if you have no development experience. It's the most straight forward content management utility I have seen (as in I was able to figure out with little help how to add different sections to the page and customize them).

Adobe review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"A solid content management system"

What do you like best?

Ability to have multiple users editing the same content.

What do you dislike?

Support provided by Adobe as I felt that they bought the product and did not have a clear understanding of it when it went to their support group. Resolutions drug on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the number of users modifying content and when to ensure that you build a system that is robust enough to provide adequate performance across the board. Ask the experts how many users AEM can support without impacting performance.

Ease of use for updating content.

Adobe review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Fully featured, but not as flexible unless you use Adobe everything"

What do you like best?

Robust integrations with other Adobe products, lots of functionality

What do you dislike?

More challenging to find developers comfortable/familiar with building components for AEM. Other solutions provides more out of the box as well as more flexible (eg WP)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to use it as recommended. Don't skim on initial consultation hours. Be honest about how your company will really use the tech (eg if you are constantly rebranding and governance is a challenge, it's not the right tool)

Host our website (and many international versions)

Adobe review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Powereful tool, must be used by the right hands"

What do you like best?

As with almost all Adobe products, AEM is a very powerful tool. It can make working with other Aodbe products very seamless.

What do you dislike?

As with most Adobe products a certain amount of understanding is required in order to get where you want. If you do not have a goal, and just want to look around, it is very intimidating

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you get the WHOLE Adobe package and let the products talk to each other - it is what Adobe does best

AEM helped unite our content with our website and mobile app. Now we can generate content using many different Adobe products and AEM ties them all together.

Adobe review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Livefyre experience"

What do you like best?

Ability to view online program in real time

ability to interact with with other people on an online event

Ability to pause broadcast at will

ability to host more than one event at the same time

What do you dislike?

Not able to record video session and playback later

Uses high network bandwidth and could be a problem playing from a location of low network

Recommendations to others considering the product

really helpful for collaboration and hosting meeting across various borders

Online broadcast for various stakeholders at the same time

Collaboration

Adobe review by Taylar K.
Taylar K.

"Using Adobe Experience Manager (CQ): A "so-so" experience"

What do you like best?

CQ's initial layout, after logging in, is standardized and easy to navigate. The categorical folders and setup make it easy to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Making changes on a test landing page within CQ is often hard to do. I have found the sidekick feature very temperamental and, often, confusing. Assuring that there are less glitches and chances of the sidekick crashing, or not showing up in the first place, would be very helpful.

I have used CQ5 to post news materials to my organization's website. It makes the materials look seamless online, but, again, has been very temperamental and difficult to deal with.

Adobe review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Adobe Experience Manager Review"

What do you like best?

Product is reliable; changes appear immediately on the front end.

What do you dislike?

Very little flexibility in page design, although that might be a limitation of how our company set up the product. Inability to reliably schedule changes.

Fast design and updating of static pages.

Adobe review by User in Computer Software

"Uses AEM to edit content of the local pages of a National Franchise"

What do you like best?

It's easy to keep pages on-brand with website

What do you dislike?

Minimal customization. The site is very confined to the components selected and they don't have the best responsiveness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for corporate or professional websites, but not for highly detailed visual-oriented sites.

Using AEM to manage website content of the local pages of a national franchise. It is easy for corporate to maintain the branding of the webpages, and easy for us to not need web developer resources.

Adobe review by User in Internet

"Great for Personalized content"

What do you like best?

the ease of doing personalized content and marketing. offers great features, but packaging it as part of a suite is not idea. there's also more customization needed to get the campaign setup.

What do you dislike?

the reporting of page views and campaign management reports are not great. It offers the features but not a core product. the customization can be a heavy operational overhead to maintain. if the campaign management used for personalization had a better view for all the promotions, it would be great to use. Also any reports plug-ined into the campaign would be great for business stakeholders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

think more on modern needs for marketing

content marketing and personalization. serving the right content at the right time has great value to leads.

this allows more customization capabilities for doing more content marketing and creating a personalized set of campaigns.

Adobe review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"6.0 AEM authoring"

What do you like best?

Ease of authoring website components. The content navigation 'tree' is useful.

What do you dislike?

It does not have the capabilities of 6.2 or 6.3.

Managing mass amounts of content for our company website. Real time authoring and production for quick and regulatory content updates.

Adobe review by User in Financial Services

"AEM Offers Adequate Functionality without Bells and Whistles"

What do you like best?

The DAM software allows for our design team to edit variable content in fixed templates, which allows us better control and brand continuity overall.

What do you dislike?

They don't have enough training resources and everything has to be purchased a la carte. This makes for a much longer trajectory for platform development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful DAM solution but not the best option for managing workflows and tasks. For the money, I'd go elsewhere.

We are using AEM for online publishing and asset management.

Learning about Adobe Experience Manager?

* We monitor all Adobe Experience Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.