Adobe Flash Builder

Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 software is a development environment for building games and applications using the ActionScript language and the open source Flex framework. Flash Builder Premium includes professional testing tools such as profilers, network monitoring, and unit testing support.

Work for Adobe Flash Builder?

Learning about Flash Builder?

Adobe Flash Builder Reviews

Showing 89 Flash Builder reviews
Flash Builder review by Inga B.
Inga B.

"Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

I love that this software is very easy to use, a monkey like me could us it! What I like most is the ability to integrate development environments. This platform speeds development of rich Internet applications (RIAs) and cross-platform desktop applications, particularly for the Adobe Flash platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how difficult it is do download and get started. It can be very confusing at first to get started. But once you are started it is really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy working with most of the adobe products. They are pretty simple to use and keep using. I love that I have the ability to login and get everything done at once instead of having to wait.

It allows me to integrate from multiple platforms into one simple solution. It is also great because I only have to learn one product instead of 3 products.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Flash Builder
Flash Builder review by Carla B.
Carla B.

"Flash Builder is an excellent tool for developers"

What do you like best?

Have a design view. Flash Builder is for robust applications that you can not do in Flash Professional. It gives a little more freedom of design and animation, and it's easier for the developer to learn. is much more stable than Flash. It offers a large number of functionalities that can help your needs

What do you dislike?

Lacking the timeline is a pain when it comes to animations. If you want to develop an application larger than the one that requires some animation, you will have some problems to do it in Flash Builder, it is much more difficult than if you do it in Flash Professional. is usually exaggerated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a complete IDE, with auto-completion, debugging capabilities, error detection and visual editing.

Is a commercial solution for the development of Flex applications, you can change from one side to another, when you know what you are doing and keep in mind that not all functionalities overlap (FB: no timeline, no scenes, Flash: no MXML). It works like an Eclipse plugin.

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

Flash Builder review by Agostinho d.
Agostinho d.

"very good development environment"

What do you like best?

Adobe Flash Builder is a very good development environment when developing an application with ActionScript. I have used it since the IDE eclipse and it is a tool where there is enough documentation on the web and in which there is a wide development to enrich an Internet application.

What do you dislike?

When downloading and implementing Adobe Flash Builder it can be difficult and confusing, it also makes the development environment heavier and takes a long time to start

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Flash Builder is very easy to use, I find it comfortable because it includes what IDE needs. and how not to be if it is written on the Eclipse platform, which is already one of the best development IDE.

Adobe Flash Builder integrates a good text editor and a debugger

is a good tool that helps me be creative when developing an application

Flash Builder review by Mihaela D.
Mihaela D.

"Adobe Flash Builder "

What do you like best?

I like that it comes in two editions for the end user, standard and premium. The Adobe Flash Builder it’s built on Eclipse platform and has all the things and all the tools for MXML content. The last version that I used 4.7 comes with all the stuff you need for mobile development like games and applications.

What do you dislike?

This product is only for experienced programmers. I tried to export the Flash Builder content into my phone but is not working. The main features for testing and coding are available only in premium edition and you have to spend more money for this

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am thinking at a user manual or documentation for anyone who doesn’t know how to use it

With Adobe Flash Builder we solved our problems about the needed apps. We are able to create our own content. And I think that this thing is useful for us and our time. We can have a main application and we can use it each time in order to try different things on it.

Flash Builder review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Flash builder review"

What do you like best?

Getting started was pretty simple. You can figure out pretty easily how to put together and edit simple animations pretty quickly without having to do a lot of research before hand.

What do you dislike?

Once you hit that learning curve wall, it is quite difficult to get over without spending time on online tutorials, videos, or even classes. So you're pretty limited unless you have the time or money to get the necessary help you need to become proficient with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great jumping off software in regards to self building simple flash animations

I've created short animations teaching people how to learn how to play piano at the very basic level by having a song playing in the background and a keyboard and hand in the frame. The flash animations were simply me highlighting the corresponding right hand G clef note being played at various speeds along with the proper finger.

Flash Builder review by Sudheer R.
Sudheer R.

"Very good animation design application"

What do you like best?

Action script is one of the flexible scripts available to design animations. The features I like most is the interface. It is fluid and offers features to edit animations using drag and drop, and also by using scripts. In addition to the software, there are a lot of active developer communities to support new designers. It also has a lot of support on the internet to resolve problems easily.

What do you dislike?

Its kind of disappointing about the software is that it is becoming outdated. The developers aren't focused anymore to bring up new features. A lot of new applications have been taking place of this software. Another drawback of this application is action script doesn't offer to design dynamic animations, which is supported by many applications these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check your requirements and decide to choose the software or not.

Static animation website building, animation designing.

Flash Builder review by Kayla C.
Kayla C.

"Fine experiences with Adobe Flash Builder "

What do you like best?

I like that for the most part it is easy to use and does not require a lot of previous knowledge to be able to use it. I think compared to other systems it is a very well thought out program in terms of the user interface. I think that overall the program is very efficient and effective and I would recommend to other people in the research industry if they have similar projects.

What do you dislike?

I think that once you try to use AFB for more advanced things it can be very challenging to figure out the details. There are a lot of features that could be improved to make it easier to use this program for a range of intended purposes. It would also be very convenient if the price was reduced or if it was packaged with other programs to make it easier for small businesses to purchase this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that having better help systems when people are confused or stuck on something would be very beneficial.

Adobe Flash Builder has been able to solve some of our business problems in regards to our research. We use AFB to build applications needed for different experiments. I think this can be very helpful in time management during our research projects. Having a application already set up that we can use each time we conduct the experiment makes research projects that have time constraints a lot easier.

Flash Builder review by User

"Nice IDE, great concept, but the future of Flash is bleak right?"

What do you like best?

Debugger and compiler are valuable for UI development. UI preview and layout designer are really nice too, although UI designers for web development are becoming more rare.

What do you dislike?

Flash was essentially killed by Apple a number of years ago, it may not have been inevitable, but it's the reality now. Adobe stopped making improvements for Flash Builder a few years back and handed over the future to Apache Flex, so styling and improvements in the Flash realm have been stagnant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a nice tool to maintain a legacy Flash application, but unless things change dramatically in the coming years, this will be strictly used for legacy maintenance of 'unsupported' Flash applications.

I created a rich-web application in 2009 using Adobe Flex/Flash Builder. The product has had a nice 9 year run. Very stable in its own right. Browser support and security warnings about Flash have cropped up over the last few years which has impeded a few customers. The application I created uses standard REST web-services exclusively for its data transfer for all application activities. The work flow of the application are all managed by Flash. A certain amount of obfuscation is provided by Flash and the applications produced are essential impervious to bots seeking brute force log-in attempts. There's no easy "view source" for a produced Flash SWF file.

Flash Builder review by User

"Adobe Flash Builder Makes Working a Flash!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the layout of this software and its ease of use. I use it throughout the day while working in a broadcasting department and it was not given me any problems thus far. I am new to the program, but like it so far!

What do you dislike?

I do not have much to say negatively about this software yet, but I have noticed small tweaks that could be made to make the beginning stages of this much easier to learn. Luckily, I have a team around me that knows this programs and is able to easily help and guide me through this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy this product because it makes certain aspects of my job easier. Like I said earlier, I am new to the program, but like it so far. I use it for the majority of my day.

I am able to create beautiful internet based programs that I would have had to spend hours doing manually on my own. This makes this very easy for me. Like I said earlier, have a team around me that knows this programs and is able to easily help and guide me through this, so I am very thankful. I have confidence that this program will become easier and easier to learn and that it will continue to help greatly.

Flash Builder review by Darius D.
Darius D.

"Adobe Flash Builder is easy to use and it can help you to gain experience"

What do you like best?

The product is simple to utilize. There are useful plug-ins inside the product to utilize while requiring help. Flash-builder 4.7 with Action Script is an awesome redesign and aids a less complex strategy to making games and applications.

What do you dislike?

The new updates are awesome, however once in a while the product is very slow for me. There is a probability that it is the PC, yet on the work area I am utilizing, there is in some cases with the same issue..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change content size and add extra images to the increase highlights, and also some tutorials or video tutorials can help the user.

The business issues I fixed utilizing Adobe Flash Builder are having quicker turnovers in order to finish the projects and tasks very quick

Flash Builder review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Adobe Flash is easy and effective"

What do you like best?

In the latest versions the WYSIWYG designer is gone, which in my opinion makes it easier to use, ESPECIALLY if you are a programmer. I guess it might make it more difficult for those who do not know how to use it.

What do you dislike?

If you have too large of a project, it does start to act up and run slow or freeze.

I really dislike that it is not permitted for apple devices and that it can be a tad bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study the product closely before deciding to get. Sometimes the software can not handle larger products and may not be the right program for your company. I personally love it, but everyone has their own opinion.

You have to get the IDE if you are going to use this program. It is good for people learning how to use it and you need to have videos and other tools to be able to use this program more efficiently.

Flash Builder review by User in Computer Software

"It was ahead of its time."

What do you like best?

when i started working web did not had html5. It was all flash and flash builder was the king.it makes writting actionscrpit so easy.I made alot of games and fun animations to show off in it.it makes so easy to make internet rich applications and it is cross platform. your applications will run on all platforms in same way with flash player.auto complation and debugging tools were amazing.

What do you dislike?

lack to access of timeline was very disappointing.it has no mobile support especially apple devices.right now it is outdated.superior technologies have taken over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there is a lot of documentations available if you want to do through with this.wide user support at its ptime.

i amde alot of portfolio animated websites in it. i made some small but fun games in it.

Flash Builder review by Anamika G.
Anamika G.

"Build animation and action for games easily"

What do you like best?

Adobe Flash Builder provides an easy way to build animation and graphics for game and applications. It also support Action Script so it makes easy to write an event for objects.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Flash Builder support only action script so we need to learn Action Script. If it support Javascript then it would be best for all developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this software to build animation and graphics. This is good id you want event in your animation.

Create flex banner and animation for different mobile application and games.

Flash Builder review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Developing action scripts with flash builder"

What do you like best?

Flash Builder contains all of the tools necessary to get started with the MXML, ActionScript, component library, compiler, and debugger.It supports mosy server side technologies like ASP.Net, J2EE, HTTP/REST and SOAP Web services, PHP,

BlazeDS, ColdFusion, and LiveCycle Data Services for streaming data.

What do you dislike?

Coder-centric environment has steep learning curve.

Software is for designated for coding experts only.

Could not export to mobile devices.

Powerful testing and coding features are available only in the Premium edition .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Export to mobile device feature can be added.

I used flash builder to develop mxml UI for one of our loan origination systems.

Flash Builder review by G2 Crowd User in Design
G2 Crowd User in Design

"It is a reliable product, and I enjoy using it!"

What do you like best?

I like that the features are easy to navigate if you have prior experience working with Flash and developing applications. I like that it has the ability to import other projects with ease.

What do you dislike?

I think that the UI (overall interface) would benefit from an overhaul. However, that doesn't affect the functionality of the tool overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that the UI be worked on for beginners to understand the program a little bit more. It would also benefits from more helpful videos or tools throughout the software to understand Scripts, etc.

I use it in business when developing apps, and to better understand my knowledge of mxml applications. It is similar to html, and it comes in handy at times. One of the benefits has been better understanding code for all areas of of website and graphic design business.

Flash Builder review by jennifer g.
jennifer g.

"Past its prime software for web media"

What do you like best?

Once you learn how to use flash it is a great program for learning animation. It is kind of out dated these days though.

What do you dislike?

It is not compatible with some devices. Load time is slowwwww. It is pretty unnecessary with flashy graphics that get in the way.

In the past graphic websites but nowadays it is good for games and programming apps.

Flash Builder review by Arik B.
Arik B.

"Nice tool but obsolete technology "

What do you like best?

Complete solution to create complex WEB applications and components

What do you dislike?

in one word, "Flash" we port few components of our solution to flash to gain better UI and more addvance capabilities but then customers/organizations start blocking Flash and preventing the use of Flash. and now with the use of smartphones and tablets flash is not an option

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think flash is dead so I do not recommand to use it

We have WEB UI and we wanted to have better GUI so we moved some components to flash

Flash Builder review by Dustin Edward F.
Dustin Edward F.

"Awesome Development Kit To Work With. Rapid And Secure Software Development. "

What do you like best?

I was introduced to this during my thesis year in University. I had to chose between this and Symphony. As a PHP enthusiast, I was leaning towards Symphony but after realizing that Flash can integrate with a host of backend scripting languages like php and java; I decided to try it. At first it was difficult to connect the front end to the backend in a MVC/OOP required application. After a week, I was able to do so by simply creating interfaces on the fly and push them to my database- MySQL. I used php to do so and the ease in which I was able to develop my php classes, services and still use that to connect my MXML/Actionscript front logic to the DB was amazing. The front end is very easy to create. Not too many hassle in creating it and the components are easy to work with. There are a variety of objects that are available, custom components can be developed and even merging various components into one and still be able to call that instance was so interesting.

I developed a management information system for a hotel chain and amusement. This system managed everything from inventory, food preparation, services to sales and accounting. It gave a total over view of the company's business at any given time. Of course, there was lots of AI in there and the Actionscript mixed with the php gave the flexibility of creating objects on any side and have them instantiated anytime. The use of the Singleton Model in developing software using Flash is very instrumental since it helps with creating user modules, global variables, authenticating and many other functions.

The best thing is the fact that Flash can create some very secure and stable applications. The code can be hidden and the fact that it runs in air of flash has lots of advantages. People complain about how heavy it is but we have the bandwidth to accommodate it. I have developed systems which were very data intensive but the data only got called when necessary. This reduces the load time and when a new action was called, the data calls ended, thus helping the user to navigate easily. Flash gives developers total control over their application and code base. It offers a very rich internet feel and user experience and can also be integrated into HTML5, in areas where it would be obviously difficult to develop certain components.

In all, I would recommend Adobe Flash to young developers and seasoned ones too.

What do you dislike?

1. That people often discredit it for being too resource demanding.

2. That its a bit expensive and exclusive as a software

3. Its not permitted on Apple devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study your requirements properly, determine the scope of the project and if its a large scale roll out, with the need to extend on a very data intensive, rich user experience, secure solution... Then go right ahead and chose it.

Many, I developed many secure financial software and the data can be very well hidden and secure. Clients enjoy the feel especially that of the Datatgrid.

Flash Builder review by Brandon J.
Brandon J.

"I needed a short Flash slideshow for our company website. So Adobe Flash was what I needed. "

What do you like best?

Drag and drop capability. Once you imported the library the images were drag and drop and then you just adjusted the transitions and a short time later....you had your slideshow.

What do you dislike?

The transitions were not real clear without some research into the commands. But once self-taught, everything went smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a first time user, look up basic commands and functions first.

Needed a rolling slideshow for our home page. This was able to create that slideshow.

Flash Builder review by Pooyan A.
Pooyan A.

"Still the Best for Flash/Flex Projects"

What do you like best?

It is, in my opinion, the de facto standard for Flash/Flex based projects. In the latest versions the WYSIWYG designer is gone, which might even be considered as a plus if you are an experienced/serious programmer. Lots of great editing and project handling capabilities inherited from Eclipse, as well as lots of additions including profiling.

What do you dislike?

* Once in a while the IDE acts up and decide not to work any more, which is simply fixed by re-creating the workspace.

* The compilation speed does not keep up to the editing capabilities.

* There are certain auto-completion and syntax highlighting errors.

* For a little more complex errors, you would see the error shown in a non-related line of the code. This is a pain for debugging weird issues.

* Large projects make the IDE to occasionally go crazy.

* Heavy and slow (as you would expect from a software inherited from Eclipse)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only to be considered if you want to create larger Flash/Flex projects, and are willing to spend on the IDE! The only other serious alternative I have tried is IntelliJ Idea (which I wouldn't recommend for Flash/Flex projects).

Handling of large projects is simplified with this IDE, only if you are using Flash/Flex! I use this to create/maintain network video conferencing like software (also using Adobe Media Server / AMS / FMS). There are a lot of areas that could use improvements, nevertheless (unfortunately) there is no other IDE for Flash/Flex projects that can even come close to Adobe Flash Builder.

Flash Builder review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent development software"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Flash builder is that it includes an integrated interactive debugger that allows developers to execute code and inspect variables and visualize expressions.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit difficult to install and learn to manage it since it is a little confusing at the beginning, with time you get used to it and great and easy to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you learn to use it, everything is faster and easier

Once you know how to handle it well you can save a lot of time when writing your codes, this helps you to make several programs in a short time and you earn more money.

Flash Builder review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Kim's review f survey monkey"

What do you like best?

I really love the entire setup of Survey Monkey. U have used it many times OFF the jibsite as well. It has a very simple layout and is very convenient to use. The process is entirely self explanatory and all you have to do is follow the instructions.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike any part of Survey Monkey.

This is a very fast convenient way to get everyone's opinions . Much faster than single emails.

Flash Builder review by alfredo c.
alfredo c.

"More time to work on the code."

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to review the code and view the results.

What do you dislike?

Search may be really slow sometimes which makes it painful.

Practice it's the key!!

Flash Builder review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"With Adobe Flash Builder you can design and create so many applications."

What do you like best?

Is simply to use and have so many features that can provides an amazing development in a design.

What do you dislike?

The product is not make to many devices and that difficult to work with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is perfect to design projects and make animations with the indicate tools to your taste and your needs.

For programming apps is the perfect tool, helps me to build all the features and central code.

Flash Builder review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Mark up features are great to show 2D part and assembly drawing updates. The files are also always clear even when you zoom in a great amount.

What do you dislike?

I can't easily change the text size when adding comments. You can use the bold and the subscript features, but they do not allow me to easily change the overall size of the writing. This causes the writing to be unbalanced with the actual page being markup up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change text size and add additional symbols to the mark up features.

Good use for shared power points that should not be edited. It is also good for part drawing and other documentation mark ups.

Flash Builder review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Could use some improvement"

What do you like best?

I like that Abobe FB can be used with all platforms including Android and iOS. It is also nice to have built in support for any problems you may encounter.

What do you dislike?

It requires extra work just to change from view to view. The drag and drop view is not as easy to work with versus the Flex visual designer.

Trying to expand our business to a mobile platform. It is now easy for our customers to get a look at our business without needing to be on a computer. Especially those who are more on the elderly side.

Flash Builder review by Marty M.
Marty M.

"Mature tool with all the necessary features"

What do you like best?

The IDE provides code hinting and quick navigation that is helpful. Also, it has extensive debugging capabilities.

What do you dislike?

No longer maintained so some of the exciting upcoming features were never implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still creating applications using ActionScript 3 and/or Flex, this is the most common and well used tool.

Creating complex web applications for document editing. Until recently, Flash was the best choice for creating applications of this nature.

Flash Builder review by Tu D.
Tu D.

"Review for Adobe Flash Builder"

What do you like best?

good static type checker. Easy to use, nice looking

What do you dislike?

terrible caching file mechanism. I have to restart after 2-3 hours working, Building Time very long

improve caching file mechanism, building time

Flash Builder review by Hardik S.
Hardik S.

"Best IDE for large scale projects"

What do you like best?

Faster way to develop complex UI applications for reporting, web GUI, pop up ads and analytics among other things. If you are an expert using this tool, you can build complex applications with lot of ease.

What do you dislike?

When we started, apple ios was not supported. You need to be at expert level to build impressive projects. Very expensive and resource heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the scope of your project end to end and evaluate other players in the area for comparison. You may or may not require this based on your requirements.

Reporting, Web GUI and analytics

Flash Builder review by Martin A.
Martin A.

"Adobe Flash Builder 4.7"

What do you like best?

The Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 it's the official IDE from Adobe to create project using Actionscript 3.0. You can built Flash game, mobile Air application for Android and Apple iOS, web app with Apache Flex. The Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 IDE have been built on top of Eclipse.

What do you dislike?

The Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 isn't been update since dec 2012 by Adobe. In previous version the IDE included a design mode that was intuitive and was a nice feature. Since Adobe "give" the Flex Framework to Apache, their is no new features or evolutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try multiple solutions, and keep the best!

The Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 still a good IDE to code Adobe Air projects.

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Civil Engineering
Consultant in Civil Engineering

"Reliable program"

What do you like best?

The program platform makes creating very simple.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to go over in size. If there was a better measuring tool to tell what size file you are getting up to, that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to have an idea what you'd like to build when starting. It's very hard to go back and change the core of your development once you've gotten significant production. Also, spend some time playing with your options. There may be something you'll discover that you didn't even think of.

I use this program to develop mobile applications to use out in the field. Benefits include easy to use data recorder.

Flash Builder review by faiyaz z.
faiyaz z.

"Good quality"

What do you like best?

Frappuccino Blended Coffee and hot chocolate

What do you dislike?

mostly all starbucks are small and less sitting areas

run fast

Flash Builder review by Sham B.
Sham B.

"Best Web application environment, but uses Flash player as its delivery platform."

What do you like best?

Fastest way to develop web applications: far quicker to develop complex UX than any existing JavaScript based stack.

What do you dislike?

Uses Flash player as its delivery platform, which is generally accepted as deprecated for new build.

NB - There may be a resurgence of Flex via FlexJS, which uses a browser native (JavaScript) platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flex (the framework behind Flash builder) is now open source, and you should consider using a non-adobe IDE, such as Flash-Develop or InteliJ IDEA.

Campaign management (on-line advertising).

Reporting (on-line advertising).

Other business to business front ends

Benefits:

Ease of use and development speed vs other technologies.

Insulation from browser compatibility issues.

Flash Builder review by User

"User-friendly FB aids in Easy Creation of Internet Applications"

What do you like best?

I really like interactive de-bugger the built-in code editors for MXML and actionscript. In addition, AFB use Object Oriented Language that makes it more user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The command-line build capability that is currently available only on the premium version should be made available as a part of the standard application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The package has been designed keeping in mind a continuous flow of information between the designers and the developers. Quite user-friendly integrated development environment based on object oriented programming. I recommend Adobe Flash Builder to all those working on web design.

I primarily use Adobe Flash Player (the standard version) to create web and desktop applications and browser plug-ins. Benefits realised: ease of use, bi-directional streaming.

Flash Builder review by Saeed D.
Saeed D.

"A user friendly application with many possibilities "

What do you like best?

Generate a detailed audit trail of all data passed between the Flex application and the back end, assisting with debugging and performance tuning. Overall a solid option in its realm of applications attempting to accomplish the same task.

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to use when your operating system is Macintosh

Our employee portal works smoother with the built functions of Adobe Flash Builder.

Flash Builder review by Roy B.
Roy B.

"Adobe - the new era "

What do you like best?

Integration and compatibility across different platforms

What do you dislike?

The required fee for continued use membership

Not a one time cost

Multiple employees

Ability to effectively communicate with them sharing information via PDF.

Scanned documents ,etc

Flash Builder review by Enrique F.
Enrique F.

"Imprescindible"

What do you like best?

Sin duda muy necesario para el trabajo y uso personal. El mejor y más popular programa del tratamiento de documentos digitales.

What do you dislike?

Utiliza formatos muy extendidos y es muy ágil en el tratamiento de los mismos.

Poder usar documentos recibidos en formatos poco utilizados.

Flash Builder review by Mathieu S.
Mathieu S.

"Not the best for Flex"

What do you like best?

A couple of years ago, this was probably the best tool for Flex development (see later why it's not the best anymore):

- Fast project creation

- Perfectly integrated documentation

- Easy package building for all platforms: iOS, Android, Mac, Windows

What do you dislike?

Since Flex has been given to Apache (a couple of years ago), Flash Builder can't really be used for development with the latest SDK, but you still need it if you have old code to maintain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to switch to the latest Flex SDKs, I truly recommend IntelliJ IDEA.

It was true then, and it is still now (to my knowledge): Flex is the only technology that generates builds for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac, without writing a single OS-specific line of code.

Flash Builder review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Great user interface, easy to use, overall well put together

What do you dislike?

Not crazy about the name change, can get tedious on coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use the trial version to see if it will work.

Coding more efficient

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Great User Interface"

What do you like best?

The software is simple and easy to use. There are helpful resources within the software to use when needing help. Flashbuilder 4.7 with Action Script is a great upgrade and assists in a simpler method to creating games and apps.

What do you dislike?

The new updates are great, but sometimes the software lags behind. There is a possibility that it is the computer, but on the desktop I am using ,there is sometimes a delay.

The business problems I am solving using flash builder are having faster turnovers from idea to finished product.

Flash Builder review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

I like that the program is pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Everything that needs to be done requires lots of steps

So far nothing. We were testing it to see if we could replace or use with Deacom

Flash Builder review by Tanisha W.
Tanisha W.

"Adobe is great"

What do you like best?

I like the ear of reading and commenting on files that others can't provide

What do you dislike?

I'm not 100% positive on all the features that come with this. I'd like to have a free class to know more. Would like better knowledge on editing and making pdf all in one

Ear of sharing and sending files to others

Flash Builder review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Adobe "

What do you like best?

easy to use and follow. When opening the program i see the cleanliness and organized format for me to use.

What do you dislike?

no dislikes i have been using this program for years and its super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible i would recommend offering some small videos to go with each program when first starting off to use it. i typically was watching you tube videos or asking friends when i stumbled with some problems.

i have realized that using adobe flash builder makes my job so much easier

Flash Builder review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Create your funny interface quick."

What do you like best?

Oh where do i start...

In my experience, we needed something funny like clippy(microsoft word), so what did we do? I made one of my juniors do a quick funny one.

To sum up, it was easy quick and funny.

What do you dislike?

Maybe, its toooooo basic? Im not really sure what to say since we didnt use it for so long, what we needed was more than covered

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful with the code.

Software help 'icon'

Flash Builder review by Zhanbolat A.
Zhanbolat A.

"Frequently crashes"

What do you like best?

I like how beautiful motion ads or banner we can build

What do you dislike?

It frequently crashes when we integrate it with a browser.

I like how good it was in terms of creating motion pictures for ads and banners, but it is unstable.

Flash Builder review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Adobe Flash Builder Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about adobe flash builder is that it allows you to develop games and applications.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about adobe flash builder is that occasionally there are glitches in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this application for those who are wanting to debug and test applications.

Applications

Flash Builder review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great for developing multi-language e-Learning courses"

What do you like best?

Very robust and powerful tool in creating a multi-language e-Learning application simulation courses.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user friendly. You need to be a Flash Builder programmer to be able to maintain the e-Learning courses.

We constantly do application releases so our e-learning should constantly change as well to keep it relevant. Having our e-learning built in Flash Builder, all I need to do is change my code instead of taking screenshots of the application which would take so much of my time. Localization of our e-Learning courses in 12 different languages is very convenient - I just have xml files for each language.

Flash Builder review by Kati S.
Kati S.

"adobe flash builder"

What do you like best?

I use adobe which i really enjoy. I enjoy the benefits and uses of PDF documents.

What do you dislike?

Lack of editing options in some versions of Adobe

Recommendations to others considering the product

get training

Keeping confidential agreements.

Flash Builder review by Meream A.
Meream A.

"Used at work"

What do you like best?

I find this product so useful and reliable. I use it all them time

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I would complain about, however my current employer want to enforce other software.

I use this for adding comments, measuring, adjusting pages... Etc.

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Automotive
Consultant in Automotive

"Flash Builder is not bad - Give it a try"

What do you like best?

Personally, I like the features are laid-back to use if you have previous knowledge functioning with this Flash and emerging applications. Easy to import other projects

What do you dislike?

Has not had an update in a long time especially with keeping pace with others in the market

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make more updates available to the software. This software needs an update very soon to stay in the market!

B2C customer involvment. It is easier to use and that is the best benefit in this software. Even a starter like me can learn quickly

Flash Builder review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I've been using Flash Builder for years to develop web, desktop, and mobile applications."

What do you like best?

The expansive community. While there are plenty of problems with it I can usually find a workaround or an answer by looking on adobe forums, stack overflow, or random programming websites.

What do you dislike?

It feels like a dead product, with little official support or promise of future developments. I know there are more modern, supported IDE's out there for what I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd investigate other tools for your needs before making your decisions. FB is good for those wanting to get started right away or those familiar with Eclipse, but other products might be better in the long run.

Creating software applications that we sell and support for our clients. Our company uses the Adobe suite of products extensively, including being born out of Flash Professional, so the transition was easier for us as time went on.

Flash Builder review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"decent program to use "

What do you like best?

It displays all the information I need and opens up all documents/files efficiently. It allows me to make changes to the pdfs as needed.

What do you dislike?

there are often updates that can interfere with the program. also there are a lot of extra features that require additional fees that I tend to miss out on.

It is quick and efficient for the most part. The system is aiding in the development of a new project that is being piloted.

Flash Builder review by Chung D.
Chung D.

" Adobe Flash Builder Review"

What do you like best?

It is the best IDE for Flex/Flash Developer.

What do you dislike?

Slow startup, Delayed when used for a long time.

Our team use Flash Builder to build our Project Management System. It fits in with Flex development

Flash Builder review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"What can you not love about this program. "

What do you like best?

Super easy to use! I like this program the little time I used it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I have come across so far is unsatisfactory.

It installs itself and allows you to use the program instantly.

Flash Builder review by User in Research
User in Research

"Science and Adobe Flash Builder"

What do you like best?

I like the color coding for coding because it makes it easier for debugging when I have marked sections in colors that match.

What do you dislike?

Sometime when trying to update an application it doesnt seem to save my changes.

Being able to present data in an interactive source.

Flash Builder review by Kenzie C.
Kenzie C.

"User friendly and helpful in presentations "

What do you like best?

I like the quality and level it takes my presentations to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike all the updates and having to reload sometimes

Illustrating for a smoother presentation in my projects

Flash Builder review by Manikandan P.
Manikandan P.

"Perfect tool"

What do you like best?

it is perfect tool for developing games and application.

What do you dislike?

this software does not updates for future

I have solved platform dependency problem

Flash Builder review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Not something I would continue to use"

What do you like best?

Flash gives you great tools to create that experience. Artists’ web sites (musical, visual, or otherwise) are great candidates. If you’re going to check out a band’s or a singer’s web site, there’s a good chance you are looking to see what that artist’s music is like – what the experience will be like.

What do you dislike?

It crashes constantly and there are way too many ads and errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

awesome to build games and applications

I have sent many error reports

Flash Builder review by Xialin Z.
Xialin Z.

"Flash Builder Review"

What do you like best?

Good UI. Quick test and deployment process. Easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Still can improve on complex features. Lack of support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least the best tool to create Flash.

I use it to make some flash videos used personally.

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Architecture & Planning
Consultant in Architecture & Planning

"Adobe gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and can do quite a bit in it.

What do you dislike?

I really prefer Bluebeam, only because I can do more in Bluebeam than in the Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have enough licenses and keep working on tech support, which I find youtube is very helpful for me to understand the program more.

I have not ran across any problems in the Adobe

Flash Builder review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Adobe Flash makes life easier"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to access websites that I would not have been able to access without Adobe Flash.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about Adobe Flash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

not ready to give recommendation yet

Flash Builder review by Atreyi B.
Atreyi B.

"Sr electrical engineering "

What do you like best?

I like making games for myself and husband

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to use. The interface can be better

Make user friendly application for patients

Flash Builder review by Deepthi M.
Deepthi M.

"Enables functioning of multiple sw"

What do you like best?

Very advantageous and flexible for different patch ups

What do you dislike?

Nothing actually

More robustness is needed

Flexible

User friendly

Flash Builder review by Ijeoma E.
Ijeoma E.

"AFB"

What do you like best?

It can work offline and independent of a browser

What do you dislike?

It does not work with or for every website

used to create animation presentations

Flash Builder review by Rajeshkumar C.
Rajeshkumar C.

"I love flashbuilder"

What do you like best?

Eclipse like feel is mist appreciated. Its not heavy too

What do you dislike?

Call hierarchy is not that clean. Short cuts too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More likely

Development of enterprise app

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Individual & Family Services
Consultant in Individual & Family Services

"Short time using of the product"

What do you like best?

I like the visual designer MXML that Flash Builder provides, it makes it easy to review the code and view the results.

What do you dislike?

the commercial license and the use of the old eclipse

I used Adobe Flash Builder to create advertising banners for clients who asked me for this specific technology. The results were satisfying for my clients

Flash Builder review by Katherine C.
Katherine C.

"adobe review"

What do you like best?

efficiency of the software for my needs

What do you dislike?

software compatibility with others in my office

better visuals, easy to share and print

Flash Builder review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"very easy to install and use"

What do you like best?

It has all the features such as easy reading, search works great on finding a string.

Really like the functionality of marking certain paragraphs for furture reference and pdf edits

What do you dislike?

The search can be really slow sometimes which makes it painful while traversing long documents

We use it for training materials and documentation purposes

Flash Builder review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"confusing!"

What do you like best?

Actual interface design and appearance were desirable, but we were never able to actually figure it out

What do you dislike?

SOOO CONFUSING. Didn't end up using it and hired a small company.

We were trying to build a small app for the company's draft beer system and were unable to finish

Flash Builder review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Wonderful!"

What do you like best?

This is the best and easiest to use. Highly recommend this. The PDF functions are an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

It does need to be allowed for apple products. It can also be a bit on the expensive side, which is one of the reasons we stopped using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training.

Training is key.

Flash Builder review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Use this frequently for doc transfer"

What do you like best?

able to view intricate blueprints, cutsheets, other details w/o distortion. Very good clarity.

What do you dislike?

Can't always find an easy way to print out a section of a doc.

Review of building plan sets, review of equipment cut sheets. Benefits: clarity and accuracy of plans keeps mistakes in bidding at a minimum.

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cool Product"

What do you like best?

Team Building event

This Product helps us a lot in the team building and colloboration.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It would be better to have it supported in Windows 10. SOmetimes we have issues when working on WIndows 10.

Logging bugs and mainitaining team productivity

Flash Builder review by ronghua y.
ronghua y.

"experience of using this product"

What do you like best?

I can see the flash video very easily. and it is very convienent

What do you dislike?

The flash builder sometimes crashes. especially when you are watching videos. That is very frustrating.

we using the flash builder to watch video. And it is very convinient.

Flash Builder review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Flash Builder is good IDE for Flex, ActionScript"

What do you like best?

Adobe Flash Builder support many feature for Flex.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Flash Builder very slowly and occupied RAM

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flash Builder is good IDE for Flex, As 3

I am develop software by flex framework. Adobe Flash Builder help me code Flex more easily.

Flash Builder review by Consultant in Design
Consultant in Design

"Adobe works for me "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to be creative and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

It is not as intuitive as I would hope. I've taken several trainings and still run into walls.

I am convey my vision to board members in a more professional manner.

Flash Builder review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Great Developing Program!"

What do you like best?

It's pretty difficult. I would recommend HTML or something like a cross-platform like Flex for mobile.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty of it, especially with mobile platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are in it for the long haul if you are trying to learn and use.

I am creating android based apps.

Flash Builder review by User in Computer Software

"Is a very good tool for developers. But in some cases is very unstable."

What do you like best?

Is very comfortable for coding, the Intellisence and the creation of skins and item renderers is very useful for speed coding

What do you dislike?

Problems when you build, and leak memory issues.

Mobile apps and RIA apps.

Flash Builder review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hcmd"

What do you like best?

Widget and custom component and skinning features

What do you dislike?

Out of world from HTML5 - out dated from the html world

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAAS product development, benefits would be in enterprise software.

Flash Builder review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education

"Great Adobe Flash Builder for Many Uses"

What do you like best?

All the tools for editing plus great quality

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I need to learn how to use it more to make it better for me - so maybe more online workshops?

Easy to code, easy to make user friendly.

Flash Builder review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Short review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Flexible product used when working with documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. I can't think of anything that would necessarily need improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Working with customer logs to resolve communication issues.

Flash Builder review by Internal Consultant in Oil & Energy
Internal Consultant in Oil & Energy

"Really great tool!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and final product is astounding.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I really dislike. At times users had issues with installing the app on their machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slick product and great final outcome.

Financial modeling and presenting the outcomes.

Flash Builder review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good Tool for Flash Build"

What do you like best?

This tool is completely developer friendly and is widely accepted by clients.

What do you dislike?

Licensing cost is little higher. rest of the things are fine.

Using it for game development.

Flash Builder review by User in Military
User in Military

"Adobe Flash Builder"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and manuveribility within the platform. Built-in code editors are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Compilation speed could be improved. There are auto-correct feature that is not always accurate.

App development and reporting.

Flash Builder review by Consultant

"Stable and very versatile"

What do you like best?

It has many useful features to improve stock performance

What do you dislike?

Hangs sometimes and crashed when I was working on an important project

Able to load videos faster

Flash Builder review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Steep learning curve and limited by runtime plugin requirement but huge possibilities"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and cross platform capabilities

What do you dislike?

Learning curve when moving over from multimedia platforms

Data visualisation of employee and customer experience data. Benefits have included complete customisation of the front end and extremely significant improvements in performance and feature set when compared to previous solution

Flash Builder review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Adobe FB"

What do you like best?

The User interface is intuitive, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Different account membership's and the account settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Easy program to develop new business opportunity

Flash Builder review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"The ease of use and good editing tool."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and good editing tool. Cross platform capabilities and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

no, still learning. Some necessary updates

Fast videos loading.

Flash Builder review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Adobe Review"

What do you like best?

Adobe flash is super easy to use and integrate into your projects.

What do you dislike?

Some updates seem unnecessary and tedious

Ease of access and use

Flash Builder review by User in Financial Services

"Enterprise application development"

What do you like best?

Integration with flex sdk and in build debugger for flex

What do you dislike?

Slow while searching text and profiling is hard

Building dashboard

Learning about Adobe Flash Builder?

* We monitor all Adobe Flash Builder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.