Adobe Flash Builder

Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 software is a development environment for building games and applications using the ActionScript language and the open source Flex framework. Flash Builder Premium includes professional testing tools such as profilers, network monitoring, and unit testing support.

Work for Adobe Flash Builder?
Intellij idea vs 3  2x

Learning about Flash Builder?

Adobe Flash Builder Reviews

Showing 76 Flash Builder reviews
Flash Builder review by <span>Inga B.</span>
Inga B.

Amazing Product

What do you like best?

I love that this software is very easy to use, a monkey like me could us it! What I like most is the ability to integrate development environments. This platform speeds development of rich Internet applications (RIAs) and cross-platform desktop applications, particularly for the Adobe Flash platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how difficult it is do download and get started. It can be very confusing at first to get started. But once you are started it is really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy working with most of the adobe products. They are pretty simple to use and keep using. I love that I have the ability to login and get everything done at once instead of having to wait.

It allows me to integrate from multiple platforms into one simple solution. It is also great because I only have to learn one product instead of 3 products.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Flash Builder
Flash Builder review by <span>Amanda P.</span>
Amanda P.

Flash builder review

What do you like best?

Getting started was pretty simple. You can figure out pretty easily how to put together and edit simple animations pretty quickly without having to do a lot of research before hand.

What do you dislike?

Once you hit that learning curve wall, it is quite difficult to get over without spending time on online tutorials, videos, or even classes. So you're pretty limited unless you have the time or money to get the necessary help you need to become proficient with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great jumping off software in regards to self building simple flash animations

I've created short animations teaching people how to learn how to play piano at the very basic level by having a song playing in the background and a keyboard and hand in the frame. The flash animations were simply me highlighting the corresponding right hand G clef note being played at various speeds along with the proper finger.

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

Flash Builder review by <span>Sudheer R.</span>
Sudheer R.

Very good animation design application

What do you like best?

Action script is one of the flexible scripts available to design animations. The features I like most is the interface. It is fluid and offers features to edit animations using drag and drop, and also by using scripts. In addition to the software, there are a lot of active developer communities to support new designers. It also has a lot of support on the internet to resolve problems easily.

What do you dislike?

Its kind of disappointing about the software is that it is becoming outdated. The developers aren't focused anymore to bring up new features. A lot of new applications have been taking place of this software. Another drawback of this application is action script doesn't offer to design dynamic animations, which is supported by many applications these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check your requirements and decide to choose the software or not.

Static animation website building, animation designing.

Flash Builder review by <span>Kayla C.</span>
Kayla C.

Fine experiences with Adobe Flash Builder

What do you like best?

I like that for the most part it is easy to use and does not require a lot of previous knowledge to be able to use it. I think compared to other systems it is a very well thought out program in terms of the user interface. I think that overall the program is very efficient and effective and I would recommend to other people in the research industry if they have similar projects.

What do you dislike?

I think that once you try to use AFB for more advanced things it can be very challenging to figure out the details. There are a lot of features that could be improved to make it easier to use this program for a range of intended purposes. It would also be very convenient if the price was reduced or if it was packaged with other programs to make it easier for small businesses to purchase this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that having better help systems when people are confused or stuck on something would be very beneficial.

Adobe Flash Builder has been able to solve some of our business problems in regards to our research. We use AFB to build applications needed for different experiments. I think this can be very helpful in time management during our research projects. Having a application already set up that we can use each time we conduct the experiment makes research projects that have time constraints a lot easier.

Flash Builder review by <span>Darius D.</span>
Darius D.

Adobe Flash Builder is easy to use and it can help you to gain experience

What do you like best?

The product is simple to utilize. There are useful plug-ins inside the product to utilize while requiring help. Flash-builder 4.7 with Action Script is an awesome redesign and aids a less complex strategy to making games and applications.

What do you dislike?

The new updates are awesome, however once in a while the product is very slow for me. There is a probability that it is the PC, yet on the work area I am utilizing, there is in some cases with the same issue..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change content size and add extra images to the increase highlights, and also some tutorials or video tutorials can help the user.

The business issues I fixed utilizing Adobe Flash Builder are having quicker turnovers in order to finish the projects and tasks very quick

Flash Builder review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

Adobe Flash is easy and effective

What do you like best?

In the latest versions the WYSIWYG designer is gone, which in my opinion makes it easier to use, ESPECIALLY if you are a programmer. I guess it might make it more difficult for those who do not know how to use it.

What do you dislike?

If you have too large of a project, it does start to act up and run slow or freeze.

I really dislike that it is not permitted for apple devices and that it can be a tad bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study the product closely before deciding to get. Sometimes the software can not handle larger products and may not be the right program for your company. I personally love it, but everyone has their own opinion.

You have to get the IDE if you are going to use this program. It is good for people learning how to use it and you need to have videos and other tools to be able to use this program more efficiently.

Learning about Adobe Flash Builder?

* We monitor all Adobe Flash Builder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.