Adobe Illustrator

(2,429)
4.6 out of 5 stars

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Work for Adobe Illustrator?

Learning about Illustrator?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Request More Information
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
Industry
Showing 2,429 Illustrator reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Illustrator review by User in Marketing and Advertising
User in Marketing and Advertising
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator review by Jaime G.
Jaime G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator es perfecto para el diseño gráfico"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de Adobe Illustrator es que si no sabes hacer una cosa en este programa, es tan simple como buscarlo en internet y al minuto ya sabes hacer lo que querías. Esto lógicamente es debido porque Adobe Illustrator es sin duda para mi la mejor aplicación del sector del diseño gráfico ya que se puede aprender muy rápido, y eso que tiene herramientas bastante avanzadas. También hay muchos plugins que siempre vienen de maravilla a la hora de realizar los pedidos de mis clientes.

What do you dislike?

Creo que la aplicación se podría redistribiur mejor, ya que las herramientas más avanzadas pienso que deberían de ponerlas más a la vista, porque algunas veces es bastante incómodo buscar este tipo de herramientas avanzadas de adobe Illustrator, y acabo perdiendo tiempo hasta que encuentro lo que deseo. Tampoco me gusta que cuando abro la aplicación de adobe illustrator junto con alguna otra, el ordenador empieza a sobrecalentarse. Esto obviamente no será un impedimento para personas que tengan un ordenador nuevo y con los mejores componentes. Se debería intentar solucionar esto desde luego para poder trabajar más rápido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Les recomiendo dar el paso a este programa. Sé que al principio da prereza empezar con un programa nuevo que nunca has usado, pero de verdad, se nota mucho la diferencia con respecto a otros programas del mismo sector.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Lo utilizo para el trabajo de diseño gráfico: crear logotipos, banners, etc. Me ayuda a organizar los trabajos guardados en adobe illustrator de una manera bastante cómoda.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Illustrator review by Steven R.
Steven R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator Still Coin of the Realm"

What do you like best?

As an Adobe user, one thing I like about most of the applications in Creative Suite is that standardization of many key commands across different apps. This way, switching from one app to another or learning a new app is much more intuitive. Specifically, with Illustrator, I love the levels of control it provides, from layers to working live within clipping masks. I also like that it plays nice (most of the time) with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.

What do you dislike?

Some of the places where standard Adobe key commands do not work or are used for different functions. I believe (I may be wrong) Illustrator uses a different type engine than InDesign, so sometimes moving text from one to the other can create some very wonky results. Not much besides that.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Creating resolution-independent vector artwork for logos, illustrations, and large format printing.As we are a museum, I often use it to create the designs for large format displays and exhibits. This allows up to avoid type errors or image pixelization when we send our work to a large variety of print providers.

Illustrator review by Jose T.
Jose T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"the best tool for design"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is that it is a wonderful tool to pass the ideas from my mind to the computer, vectorize all my ideas to show them to my clients. is a good software to start in the world of design, brings many tools that will help you shape your ideas also brings a very striking interface when using it, in general is a very good software one of the favorites among graphic designers.

What do you dislike?

On certain occasions when I try to open it I get an error which does not let me start the program, this has happened to me many times and I have to search for help online and every time I get that error I must download a winrrar file that the program fixes me and I can use it again

Recommendations to others considering the product

who use it is an excellent way to start in the world of digital design

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As a design student, she helped me to deliver my work on time and also to create new logos for my clients

Illustrator review by Ana R.
Ana R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"El lider indiscutible de edicion vectorial"

What do you like best?

Es el software de edición vectorial por excelencia, la conversión de imágenes vectores es excelente y utilizamos con mucha frecuencia para poder utilizar imágenes sin resolución suficiente en impresiones de tamaños muy grandes para ferias y eventos. Soporta una infinidad de formatos y sus archivos son, por defecto compatibles son lectores PDF (si, puedes renombrar archivos .AI a .PDF y cualquiera podrá verlos)

What do you dislike?

Podría tener un mejor soporte para tablas, aunque Indesign sea el programa de la misma familia mas indicado para trabajar con tablas, hay ocasiones que hace falta insertarlas en artes hechas en Illustrator y su soporte es bastante limitado (o inexistente)

Recommendations to others considering the product

El paquete Creative Cloud ofrece, junto a Illustrator, muchos otros softwares de edición de imagen, vectores o vídeo y todos pueden resultar bastante útiles para el departamento de marketing de una empresa. Ya fueron programas muy caros y una inversión importante, hoy con subscripción y todo lo que incluyen, es un valor imbatible por el precio.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Diseño para stands de ferias y portadas para catálogos y tarifas de precios, diseño de logotipos y anagramas, creación de layouts para grabación a laser del numero de serie en los productos, embalajes, etc.

Illustrator review by Grace H.
Grace H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great software for creating any type of design material"

What do you like best?

I love the pen tool. Not only can you make amazing illustrations with it, you can use to make precise masks to be used with photo images as well. With the pe tool, I can easily created icon sets and various styles of illustratrations with ease. Illustrator also does an amazing job of organizing and exporting artwork with its new updates, and I appreciate the new additions to the toolbar as well.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator has some lagging sometimes when it comes to aligning things by dragging. Although the aligning tools can be used for that, it would still be great if aligning was as precise and automatic as InDesign. Also, Illustrator has a hard time precisely moving, transforming objects to a certain point when dragging, and sometimes exports an artboard with sizes off by one pixel from the arranged size, which I have not figured out how to fix yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is a great tool in design for those just starting to learn graphic design, as it is the easiest program from Adobe's programs to step into. I honestly believe it is easier to use than Photoshop, and can definitely yield more of a variety of artwork than other programs. I highly recommend using as a professional tool as well due to its ease of use and endless creative possibilities.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With Illustrator, I am able to provide visual mockups for all projects for my marketing team in a quick turnaround time. These projects include ads, newsletters, and web designs.

Illustrator review by Rosana Ivet P.
Rosana Ivet P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator: The #1 for graphics designers"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a complete design software and the structure of the program allows to understand and used it immediately. Besides, has a lot of tools to create illustrations from scratch with no need of a digitalized sketch, in case you have a moment of inspiration. The mesh tool allows to apply shades and brightness in different colors and the result is a beautiful illustration that depends on how you want to do it so that the illustration looks more and more realistic. In other ways, the perspective grid tool is amazing to create 3D art because it is easy to use, and you can work one side and then the other with more precision and closely to your vision. Of course, the basic tools such as the pen, pencil, brushes, symbols, text and others are also useful and, without those the work will look poorly made. What I like the most is the way in which you can draw and fix that drawing and end with a cleaner and high-quality job, that might not look like you first pictured, but better, and all because of the functions and tools that allow to create different types of drawings whether realistic, comic-styled, pictures, vectors and any other kind of illustrations.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator is the best honestly, but if I must talk about something I dislike, it would be the moment in which I need to use a picture or edit photos. You need to be careful and save all the photos in case you open the original file in another computer. Besides, the editing and effects functions are very basic, and it shows on the work. I think is better to use illustrator only for drawing and use photoshop for the pictures you want to edit and then import to illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is a complete design software with all the functions and tools that make your work better than you expect.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Adobe Illustrator together with photoshop are the programs that I use daily to design any requested work. Illustrator allowed me to present works with clean and high quality lines and forms, as well as being able to present and explain all the work done in an easier way. I use it every time I have a job, it is perfect to vectorize and design logos, drawings, icons, among other things that are necessary for the image of a client. The first time I used it was to create the logo and icons for an online store on Instagram; I was able to recreate the logo and improve the client's vision in the first meeting, because with Illustrator, it is easier to understand the creative process and draw at the moment of having fresh ideas.

Illustrator review by Vladimir G.
Vladimir G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator for the win"

What do you like best?

I love the layers work a bit differently than photoshop. In photoshop, each object is a new separate layer on its own. In illustrator it is up to you how many objects you have in each layer and that you can layer objects or groups easily within the selected layer. I wish photoshop would work the same way :-)

What do you dislike?

I use keyboard shortcuts for various functions a lot using illustrator and sometimes I work too fast and misclick a different letter than I intended. Usually its fine but sometimes this exact combination is set for something else and the whole setting if my illustrator changes and I have no clue what the hell I pressed and how to turn it back off for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it..there is no better software for illustrating and vector work out there..

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use it for everything I do for my work..literally, everything. I prefer illustrator to such extent that I use it for tasks that are much better performed in photoshop or indesign.

Illustrator review by Andy M.
Andy M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is among the best in vector design"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, especially in CC. The program has come a very long way since CS3. It's a breeze to use. Its "Image Trace" feature has exponentially changed over the years and has become extremely reliable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface. At times, it seems a little too cumbersome and clunky with far too many options. I always have to adjust my workspace to get it to where I want it to be and sometimes it just randomly resets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're not trying to use it as Photoshop. A lot of people make this mistake at first. This is best used for vector drawing and logo design. InDesign is great for print, too. Use the right software the first time and you'll be able to do well with this program.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We're solving all of our internal design needs as well as being able to scale up for signage and so forth. It's been great.

Illustrator review by Alexandria E.
Alexandria E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Very Versatile Program"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a very versatile program. It makes working with things such as basic shapes and lines interesting in the way that once you get the hang of the program, you can produce some very complex things. The program has a lot of built in future for making unique patterns or digital illustrations. What I like best is the when you output the graphic in vector format, it is scalable and can then be used for various purposes.

What do you dislike?

I wish Illustrator has more intuitive features when it comes to custom brushes. I do some digital illustration and the brush tool panel in illustrator is not as user-friendly and versatile as that in Photoshop.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I create brand identity solutions with the Adobe Illustrator program in the form of logos and supporting collateral. Because Illustrators can output vector graphics (as opposed to raster such as in Photoshop). This creates a versatile file that clients can use for whatever they wish to have different materials made.

Illustrator review by Rosemary R.
Rosemary R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator has the most tools and options for customization"

What do you like best?

I've taught Illustrator for two years as a high school Digital Design teacher. Like all of the Adobe programs, it's undeniably steep learning curve can be intimidating for my students, so I have to get creative with activities that introduce them to the tools one-by-one. However, I know almost all of the tools Illustrator has to offer, and it is A LOT! You can create pretty much anything at all in Illustrator. It's perfect for creating high-quality images for my school's website, where everything needs to be scalable.

What do you dislike?

Like I mentioned above, it has an extremely steep learning curve. I've been using Illustrator on a daily basis for two years, and I still don't know everything. That, however, is to be expected with this industry standard software.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

While it is difficult and time-consuming to learn how to use Illustrator, my students can use it to create almost anything they can imagine in their minds, which is a captivating motivator for them.

Illustrator review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Creating Graphics Couldn't Be Easier"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard for creating a wide range of eye-grabbing illustrations, graphics, 3D, and much more. With all of the upgrades year over year leading to the Creative Cloud (CC) edition it gets even more simple to take advantage of everything Illustrator has to offer.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much to say except that with all advanced illustration software products it is a good idea to keep on top of the updates. I do that by visiting my local library and checking out a copy of Adobe's book "Ai: Illustrator CC" [current edition]. I skim thru the chapters and assignments for things I need and in a few hours I am up to date on all of the shortcuts, updates and new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Order a 1-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud -- discounts available for students. Evaluate the product and see all that it has to offer!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work in desktop publishing and there is a tendency to grab graphics and illustrations from the web. This is a huge mistake that not only reduces the uniqueness of your creative solution but could very easily violate copyright laws. Illustrator enables me to create my own versions of everything from object images to area maps while avoiding any potential risk or royalty payment obligations.

Illustrator review by Rishabh M.
Rishabh M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A great software for Business Illustrations & Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

I personally love the Shaper Tool in Adobe Illustrator. I'm not really an artist, but with a Wacom tablet I can roughly draw things and have them come out looking like a professional. You can erase lines quickly and also join shapes easily using the Shaper Tool. It has a very intuitive interface with which any user of Adobe can become familiar, it is quite powerful and has all kinds of characteristics, which help plazmar on the canvas any type of idea. With it, it is easy to carry out drawing or illustration projects with a professional quality, depending on the level of user experimentation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the load function for styles and colors. I have to constantly create new gradients or color palette every time I design a new logo. I also dislike the multitude of tool boxes opened when you start a project. There needs to be a more concise implementation of the extended tools. Finally I feel that the software should come with more options for font and remove some of the generic childish type faces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are creative, love to draw and bring elements together to make an amazing image, idea or product, I recommend Illustrator. It has made my job easier, but also much more unique and different. My creativity has elevated to another level I did not know existed. I still use illustrator and always will.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator is great for combining images and vector elements for limited page projects. Sometimes people assume Photoshop is the best solution for their pieces because an image is involved when in fact, they can import a perfectly edited image to Illustrator and then use better tools to add what they want to layer on.

Illustrator review by Rares M.
Rares M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Ideal for Business Illustrations "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the software gives the user (new or experienced) a very large variety of tools and features, and thus endless possibilities to work around business or personal needs for graphic design content. From the most simple and basic logos or images to the most complicate original artwork, Illustrator is a software that can help you go from zero to the desired outcome without having to use another software in parallel (most of the times).

What do you dislike?

The software can, for the eye of a novice, look intimidating and not very intuitive for someone that has no prior experience with other similar software; thus I would like to see more guidelines and tutorials that come with the software to get you started with using the basic tools and functions but also to progress to achieving more complicated outcomes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Adobe Illustrator, in my opinion, and from my experience, it's all about learning by doing. So do not shy away if your first attempts are not the greatest; seek advice, watch tutorials and try and try again. You'll be confident in using the software in no time, and the skills you will develop will make you feel confident when undertaking a new graphic design challenge/ task!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have been using Adobe Illustrator to create visual content for social media; content for print (such as merchandise, leaflets, posters, flyers, banners etc) as well as to create logos and other brand elements for the organisation I work in for our products and events.

Illustrator review by John A.  P.
John A. P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Must Have Tool for Graphic Designers!"

What do you like best?

I love how Adobe Illustrator makes it super simple when it comes to branding our company's specific events. It allows me to create various Art boards so I can create various versions of the same branding material and graphics but be able to export and use them in different applications. It is important as well when I'm working with other team members and they have different ways of communicating. One person might need a graphic set up in a landscape so that they can use it for a web page and another team member might need a portrait that will also work with a clear background or a different colored background. It allows you to organize and make those changes in a simple and fast manner so that everyone is happy.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to come up with something that I don't like about this product. You do have to be comfortable and quite knowledge of the program since there is a huge learning curve when you are first introduced to the software, it can be intimidating and also overwhelming if you are new to design software. But adobe is quite great with having multiple tutorials available at your disposals on how to get things going, and you'll be a pro in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is an industry standard when it comes to graphics and vector designs for a reason. This program is made to do everything from web graphics, social media graphics, logos, templates, tshirt designs, to anything related to your branding needs and beyond. The possibilities are unlimited.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Having to work with multiple team members and them needed various designs of the same branded work it is easy to accommodate everyones needs. It makes it easier on staff and also the company when designs can be modified fast and everyone can get what they need to get their job done quickly as well.

Illustrator review by Daniela A.
Daniela A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"This is by far the best software for graphic design. A must for architectural practice as well."

What do you like best?

Illustrator is so intuitive. You can enhance CAD drawings, manipulate vectors and create stunning logos and promotional materials. It's fairly easy to learn, and I use it for everything for creating patterns for renderings to crafting posters and presentations.

What do you dislike?

As much as I really enjoy this software, I do wish there was more training available for beginners. It's a really powerful program, but most people only scratch the surface on its capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend doing thorough training on Illustrator. It's a very powerful tool and it has many capabilities that most people don't know about.

Find a good book or online course and really get into it. You'll be able to create gorgeous drawings, presentations, resumes, portfolios, promotional materials, and so much more!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use this a lot to take simple plans from CAD software and colorize it for easy presentations and boards. But we also use it to create more "artful" pieces to display in the office and our portfolio.

Illustrator review by Garrett M.
Garrett M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Ceaselessly useful"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is my go-to program for custom digital and print graphics. From icons to graphs to videos, I use Adobe Illustrator to personalize our brand and enhance our media. I especially like the ability to export my work in a large variety of file types.

What do you dislike?

The graphs feature of Illustrator is super clunky to use. Adobe Illustrator (like most Adobe products) has a learning curve that renders the program pretty much useless until you overcome the curve, but; once you do, Adobe Illustrator is an incredibly powerful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Adobe Illustrator with other similar software, Adobe is the giant in the industry, and their software is the "designer accepted" standard software. If you are just starting out in Illustrator, YouTube is your friend.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Adobe Illustrator to provide our company with customized graphics which elevate us ahead of many engineering firms who simply don't get the visual aspects of marketing.

Illustrator review by Bridget R.
Bridget R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is my best friend. "

What do you like best?

I use Illustrator literally every day. I love the ease of use, and the ability to be incredibly creative using this software. I also love how easy it is to export the artwork in to any file format.

What do you dislike?

Lately it has been crashing more than usual, which is not my favorite. However, this is rare and usually only occurs when updates haven't been made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play around! At first, it can seem daunting, but it is really easy to self-learn this product. Also, Adobe message boards and tutorials are great for troubleshooting. I have never run into a problem I couldn't figure out by looking around in their archives. As a self-taught graphic designer, this is a lifesaver for me. I like this far better than photoshop.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

You can create literally anything in illustrator, so I have done it all! Branding, logos, posters, emails, everything! I completely rebranded my last company using this software only. It's also great for tracing files you may not already have an AI file for.

Illustrator review by Abbie D.
Abbie D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Excellent Product — Easy To Learn"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how user-friendly Illustrator is. I wasn't familiar at all with the program before two years ago, and it was not too steep of a learning curve, and now I'm navigating like a champ. My favorite part is that is automatically cleans up any lines you create/draw. (I don't use a drawing pad, so it's difficult to get the precision you want with a mouse. The program analyses what you're doing and makes it look clean, sharp and professional.

What do you dislike?

I don't think they're anything I dislike. If I had to choose something it ~might~ be that sometimes you get stuck in a certain editing setting (without realizing it) and can do some annoying edits that have to be undone. You just have to pay close attention to the tools you've selected to make sure you're doing exactly what you want/need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It comes with the Adobe Suite, so there's no reason to not try it. You won't regret it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator allows me to create professional looking graphics with not super expensive tools. Again, I don't have a drawing pad and that does not limit me at all with creating with this program. Also, if you don't have a steady hand, that's no problem with this program — it will clean up the lines you create, which is such an amazing feature — that has truly solved many design issues.

Illustrator review by Alex R.
Alex R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Designers and Illustrator's Go To Program "

What do you like best?

This program is what you're looking for if you're the type of designers who needs designs that is detailed to perfection. Any size or scope this program can handle it from beginning to end. A lot of illustrators will finish a project in Photoshop but the majority all the major things are done in Adobe Illustrator. It is the fastest program to modify a vector or layers effectively and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Depending on your server, but I noticed a lot of emails don't support sharing adobe illustrator files. You can go into details with the program which means there is a lot of information to save, which means files are normally huge. So a lot of times you will be stuck not being able to easily share a file through email like you would other files. It becomes an inconvenience of course when you are trying to find ways to share the files, you have to look for cloud etc, or figure something out with your client that they are familiar with.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Adobe Illustrator is the program that I use the most. I use it in tandem with photoshop and other adobe design programs but most of the design work is done on here. I use it for creation of logos, icons and different vectors designs. It's such a time saver.

Illustrator review by Miguel R.
Miguel R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great for Vectors!"

What do you like best?

I love that the images you are working on are in really high graphics which means you can really go into details on your projects. Some programs you are stuck looking at poor pixelated versions of your project, but with this program you have infinite resolution. So you can increase or decrease your projects and you won't lose any details. Everything is always sharp and clear and on point.

What do you dislike?

If you aren't familiar with adobe products then this shouldn't be the first program you start off with, it does take a little bit of knowledge and familiarity and it does a lot but you would have to know a lot as well to start getting some projects done. They are constantly putting out new features so even people who have been using this product for years are still constantly learning things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like all adobe products you can take this program out for a one month test drive, so why not do that, test it out, see how you like it, check out free tutorials and if you don't like it then just delete the program and thats it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Churning out projects after projects. I like that my clients can make seasonal campaigns. It's easy to change things out or merge projects together. So happy clients pay on time, and business is nice when that happens.

Illustrator review by Alana P.
Alana P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"AI is one of my go-to tools (daily use)"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a robust vector based program. While you may need a bit of a tutorial to understand how to use it, it truly is the most flexible vector based design program out there. Illustrator gives you total and complete freedom on what you're making.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say that I dislike (and I have difficulty finding something) is that the tools are a little inconsistent across the other products I use in conjunction with Illustrator. For instance, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign have a completely different tool layout than illustrator. The tools across the three programs are in different locations or are organized differently. Other than that (which I just have gotten used to each layout), Adobe Illustrator is a FANTASTIC program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't already have it, then get it. It is the BEST design software out there. I have been using it since 2008 on a daily basis.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Adobe Illustrator for nearly everything. Like I mentioned, I use it in conjunction with Photoshop and Indesign primarily. I use it to create logos, icons, and any vector elements to include in marketing materials or on our corporate site. I even use it for some user experience assets. I really use it across the board. It is amazing...

Illustrator review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great for custom graphics"

What do you like best?

Ease of making scalable graphics like SVGs is one of my favorite parts about this software. I know a lot of people who use this software to create graphics for use in die cut and vinyl cutting machines. It really is much better to use for creating graphics than Photoshop, whose actual focus (as the name suggests) is for working with photos.

What do you dislike?

It can take a bit to get used to if you're accustomed to Photoshop instead. But there are many videos and training guides available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many people think that Photoshop will be enough for their graphic needs, but as the name suggests, its focus really is photos. If you're going to be creating logos and other graphics, you really need a program like Illustrator. The monthly subscription package makes it much easier to afford this program, which can be expensive to buy outright.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use it for things like logos and other graphics where we may need it to be able to scale down to very small version and scale up to something large, like for a banner.

Illustrator review by Nina H.
Nina H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Very Great Program"

What do you like best?

I really like Adobe Illustrator's flexibility. I love how no matter how long I use it there is always more to learn! I also really enjoy being creative with it-- I don't feel like I'm stuck within certain bounds, as I do with certain programs. Additionally, I can easily switch between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator when I need to.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to think of anything I dislike about Adobe Illustrator! Sometimes it's a hassle to do certain things but mostly it's pretty simple once you learn the basic tools. I also wish it were easier to save documents as jpg or pdf or pngs. However, once I realized that you just need to export your document instead of simply saving it, it became much easier. I use it for advocacy and I can very easily import photos. The other thing I might change about Adobe Illustrator is that there is no option to crop a photo. It would make my life a lot easier if you could easily crop a photo without masking it or anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend watching some Youtube tutorials to get the gist of Adobe Illustrator's features, and again, later, if you need help, youtube is your friend!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Not sure how to answer this but I do a lot of graphic design with it! I use Adobe Illustrator for advocacy work and I often do fundraisers that require image design.

Illustrator review by Kailin K.
Kailin K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Let me Illustrate my LOVE for Adobe"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use that Illustrator offers! There is a slight learning curve but understanding how to make Illustrator do what you need it to do is only a few google searches and Youtube videos away. I also love how all of the Adobe products integrate with each other and how easy it is to make a change to one file and have it change on every other file you have it featured on, it allows for the details to always be correct and up to date and saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it can be difficult to achieve that same result twice with some off the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would always recommend Adobe Illustrator, especially if you're going to be using other Adobe products such as Indesign, Premiere, or Photoshop. It allows you to easily insert your designs into videos, documents, and edit them as well.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Adobe Illustrator allowed me to design outreach materials and seamlessly feature those designs on a variety of materials.

Illustrator review by Claire G.
Claire G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Allows you to do ANYTHING"

What do you like best?

It was very intuitive to learn. I was able to learn how to do almost everything by downloading images and "tracing" them in Illustrator. The ability to zoom in closer than you ever thought possible!

What do you dislike?

Punching out / stamps - this is the only functionality I don't find intuitive. The "snap to grid" feature drove me CRAZY and took a whole team of designers at work to figure out how to disable. Sometimes when small issues like this arise, it can be hard to figure out how to fix the problem, because it's hard to know exactly what phrase to google for answers (i.e. in that scenario, I was googling "what to do in illustrator when object jumps more than you want it to" which obviously didn't yield helpful results.)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am able to design anything I want. I've made flat graphics of our different receivers, flat characters representing coworkers, infographics of all kinds that help explain different complex/technical concepts that our employees need to understand.

Illustrator review by Michele R.
Michele R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Vector drawing and graphic design"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a fantastic software, perhaps the best Adobe, with which I realize all my vector graphics for personal projects and for clients. First of all it is perfect for designing corporate logos and corporate identity, perfect in processing with Photoshop when you need to manage raster images. It is also a great tool for creating iconography and graphical interfaces for web and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

I cannot find many flaws in Illustrator that, as mentioned, can be used for different areas. Maybe we could improve the export of graphic interfaces for Photoshop, giving the user more export options, especially if other people will have to work on the project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the designers it is the software par excellence, perhaps together with Photoshop and allows to realize different projects, for illustrations, iconography, print or web, thanks to the numerous tools available, and to the features that are gradually enhanced by Adobe. For the designers it is the software par excellence, perhaps together with Photoshop and allows to realize different projects, for illustrations, iconography, print or web, thanks to the numerous tools available, and to the features that are gradually enhanced by Adobe.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator allows me to do my job well, offering quality products to my clients, including: logos, corporate identity, packaging design, labeling, flyers, posters, illustrations, but also graphic interfaces and icons for projects related to the web or devices furnishings. Every day I get benefits thanks to the support of Illustrator.

Illustrator review by Kassie H.
Kassie H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best program I've used for creating original vector art"

What do you like best?

I like that Illustrator offers such a variety of tools to accomplish what you're trying to create. It's also easy to draw in Illustrator (with the pen or brush), and easy to create multiple art boards in one file so I can compare multiple versions of the same design side-by-side.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a "dislike", but the pathfinder options to join and clip objects are difficult for me. I know what they all do, but I have a hard time remembering which is which because of all the options. But I think that's more of a personal improvement to work on that a software criticism.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying the product with the free trial option before purchasing. There are other vector-based programs out there. Although Illustrator is perfect for my use, you might find a less expensive or less intensive program that is right for you.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator makes it easy for me to create custom vector art. I do our company's advertising and marketing, and I like to create content from scratch. Illustrator solves that by easily allowing me to create on screen everything that I had in my mind.

Illustrator review by Santiago G.
Santiago G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Software imprescindible si trabajar en el sector de la publicidad y el diseño"

What do you like best?

Como todo el software de Adobe, es intuitivo y comparte caracteristicas con el resto de la familia de programas. Está perfectamente integrado con photoshop y es la herramienta por excelencia para vectorizado. En mi caso me soluciona la reconstrucción de logotipos e imagenes de marca cuando me envian archivos en baja calidad. También lo uso para los titulos de los libros que maqueto y algunos stickers y va de fabula.

What do you dislike?

No hay nada que me parezca malo en Illustrator, si tuviera que decir algo malo posiblemente serían los cuelgues del programa en muy contadas ocasiones. Ese mensaje de "Illustrator se cerró inesperadamente", aunque normalmente tienes copia de seguridad automática.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si eres diseñador no tengo que decirte nada más... es imprescindible y lo sabes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Reconstrucción de logos, DIseño de marca corporativa, trazado de objetos... cualquier trabajo que requiera vectorizado está cubierto con este software.

Illustrator review by Jenny W.
Jenny W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Total customization"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to absolutely customize every aspect of my designs. Being able to manipulate vector images is invaluable for me.

What do you dislike?

In terms of the actual function, I have no major dislikes. Although I often wish there was a paint bucket tool like the one in Photoshop. But I get by without it. The tech support is a challenge, however, as most of the reps I've spoken with are based in a different country, which makes it hard to understand what they're saying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for it's flexibility and precision. There's a bit of a learning curve, and really, so many functions, that I'm constantly learning new things that I didn't know this product was capable of - which is a good thing. If you're creating logos and graphics, it has an incredible capacity for customization and building from scratch.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I've been able to take ho hum two-dimensional designs and elevate them by customizing our own images, text, etc. We're able to create unique designs that stand out and meet our exact needs.

Illustrator review by Joshua J.
Joshua J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Not easy to learn but best in its category"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is incredibly powerful, and I barely know even the basics of what it is capable of accomplishing. That breadth of capabilities makes it a valuable tool in any design-oriented workplace, like the daily newspaper publication where I work.

What do you dislike?

I only use Illustrator sporadically to create simple graphics and make small adjustments to existing graphics that can't be done in Photoshop or InDesign. So, for someone like me (an intermediate user) Illustrator is useful but incredibly difficult to navigate, which is surprising because navigating between other programs in the Adobe CC, I have found it generally easy to move from one to the other since I speak the "Adobe language" fairly fluently. Illustrator, for that reason, exists in its own category to me. It gets the job done, but its not always easy. Maybe I just need to invest more time in the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the knowledge of others. Watch tutorials, learn from those who have spent much more time in the program.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

InDesign allows my company to create original content and rely less on outsourced creativity.

Illustrator review by Jessie W.
Jessie W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Anchor Points Mastery"

What do you like best?

Anybody who's ever worked with vector illustrations knows that getting every anchor point perfect can be a pain. Adobe Illustrator CC has made it significantly easier to get your illustrations pixel-perfect. The new tools for curve-smoothing and refining angles are superb, and it's really nice how much Adobe has automated this time around.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator can be a bit daunting for newbies. I manage a few younger designers and it usually takes them a while to get the hang of things. I wish Adobe would do a bit better helping new users onboard to the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the best vector illustration tool, Adobe Illustrator is absolutely the right choice, thought it's got a bit of a learning curve. If you want something simpler, look elsewhere.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Adobe Illustrator to create and edit vector illustrations for web and print. It's got everything I need to get the job done.

Illustrator review by Peter E.
Peter E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Vector Software"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software to create something intricate and detailed, or something quick and simple with just a few minutes. It's intuitive if you are familiar with the rest of the Adobe software, and plays nice with Photoshop and their other programs.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be steep if you haven't had exposure to vector-based software, and the cost can be a bit expensive to get into at first. It's clearly an investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend receiving some training - whether professional classes or simply 'youtube university'. This will help you master the basics and creating simple vectors in no time!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We do in-house graphic design, rather than outsource our needs. This allows us to create graphics packages for different seasons or emphasis. We are also able to scale our designs based on our needs - from banner to business card without compromising our quality.

Illustrator review by Mark W.
Mark W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best Editing Software "

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a software designed for professional digital designers in mind. It is great for working for vectors and making illustrations. You can use this program to work with things such as logo or grpahics for your own personal art or for things on websites. This program helps your creative ideas become reality, and you would be hard to find a great designer not using this program. Things such as the pen tool helps you draw out your vector projects.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan that the keyboard commands are different other adobe products. Also if you have too many layers then the program is significantly slower, so that means for more intense projects you find yourself waiting for the program to catch up. Nobody likes waiting for their programs to compute when they are designing, you would like to be able to edit as fast as your creative mind can dream up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe is really great with offer a month long trial of the majority of their programs if not all, Download the trial. Test it out and watch some tutorials so you can get the hang of it. You won't regret it!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When clients are first asking us to create a vision they usually don't come with their own files already handy for us to change, so its great to just whip some ideas up quickly based on what they are trying to convey and then changing it to their wants and needs are pretty easy from there. A quick logo will take only a couple of minutes to create because of the ease of the program.

Illustrator review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Perfect Illustrations Every Time"

What do you like best?

Illustrator makes it possible to create "perfect" illustrations every time I design. I love the way it feels to work with shapes and anchor points rather than images. The options for adding gradients and effects, as well as those for joining shapes, are elegant and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator could stand to load a bit faster. Almost every other Adobe tool I use loads significantly faster. Not sure if I've got a wonky setting or what, but it's pretty annoying. Usually I just leave the program open to avoid having to relaunch it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do illustration work, you're probably already using Adobe Illustrator. If you're a new designer, definitely give it a try!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator is my go-to for creating digital illustrations. It helps me make designs I feel proud of, which is probably benefit enough. But more important for the business, it speeds up the design process.

Illustrator review by Josh S.
Josh S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The industry standard when it comes to graphical design"

What do you like best?

This software is fast and very reliable. It gets regularly updated by adobe where they are constantly innovating new tools and things that the software can do. This keeps the software on the cutting edge. Adobe is great about making sure you know there is a new tool and just how to use it. Illustrator excels in typography and the way you can manipulate test. The creation of shapes and graphics is second to none.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to not like about the software so I will say this, there is a pretty big learning curve when first starting the software. It can be quit intimidating for someone who has never used a design software although adobe is good at offering tutorials on how to get going.

It is also a bit expensive when you consider wanting multiple different adobe software. I have had the random crashes when working on some pretty intricate designs but there is a recovery feature that works more times than not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a graphic designer and trying to do it without this software, make the investment and switch to illustrator. You will not be disappointed.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator is an industry standard when it comes to graphics and vector designs. I work as a Media and Communications Minister and I use this software everyday to create everything from social media graphics, to logos, to T-shirts, to branding, and beyond. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

Illustrator review by alan c.
alan c.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"vector=illustrator"

What do you like best?

adobe illustrator is very popular and used by most of the digital artists when coming to dealing with vectors. as its really popular you can get access to tons of projects and designs online which makes your job much easier. the software is supported bu both mac and pc so there isn't a question about it. the output files size is also very small and can be easily shared with others. the program is part of the adobe creative cloud suites o you got a lot of benefits. you can easily update the application, as well as yo ucan access adobe digital library to get fonts and other design meterials easily.as its the part of the creative cloud it integrates well with other creative cloud products which is really helpful when you have to use multiple applications.another great thing is the ability to support multiple pages and i found it really helpful.

What do you dislike?

the illustrator needs a lot of memory to work properly. the pricing isn't cheap and most of the designers out there won't be able to afford the software.the software is really hard to learn for newbies, the interface can be overwhelming and takes time to know the tools and designing. photo editing is very limited when coming to illustrator. vectors can be easily exported into PSD format but the text layers cant be edited well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i highly recommend this product to anyone looking to work with vectors.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

design and edit vector images.

Illustrator review by Nick H.
Nick H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Graphic Design Perfected"

What do you like best?

this is the all in one vector software out there and no other software in the market provides so much options when it comes to designing vectors. one of the perks of adobe illustrator is that you can use multiple artboards and don't have to switch between images when doing a project. the pen tool is another great tool that comes with the adobe illustrator which helps you in designing new vectors as well as manipulating existing vectors into the shape you desire. the output size of the output vector file is so small that sharing became very easy. the interface is really beautiful and you can even customize your own workspace and save it for future use, which saves a lot of time. the program is a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite so you can easily integrate the software with other creative cloud products and work together.

What do you dislike?

the software is expensive and many of the small companies won't be able to afford it. the learning curve is way too steep and its not like a newbie can jump in and use the software. when it comes to editing images, the options are very limited. also exporting the files in other formats such as jpeg can be hard in illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to do complicated vector projects and need a top-notch tool, the illustrator is for you.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

editing and creating vector graphics. this is the best tool in the market for working with vectors.

Illustrator review by Kate S.
Kate S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best of the Best (or just what I'm used to?)"

What do you like best?

There's SO MUCH you can do, what's not to like? I think the best aspect is that Illustrator keeps pushing the envelope for ease of creating amazing visuals. I also appreciate how Ai is linked to everything else in the Adobe world via Creative Cloud.

What do you dislike?

Updates sometimes throw me for a loop, so it can be hard to keep up with the various tools if you're not in there often. And it may sound crazy but I sometimes dislike how truly expansive the program is; there's honestly more than I need & I feel like I'm playing catch-up at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a big program and I'm still learning, even after using through school and into my career. I say it's the best, because I believe this to be a really powerful graphics program, but it's also one of those situations where I haven't used much else in this arena to compare. I don't think you'll go wrong in using, but it's a lot to chew on.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Graphic Design & the benefits are having professional results. We can do most if not all our projects in-house now.

Illustrator review by Michael L.
Michael L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The main software of vector graphics"

What do you like best?

Without Illiustrator I would be lost, I use it every day for various types of work involving the use of vector tools. I consider it complete from all points of view, both for the creation of logos and brand identity, for editorial design or for graphic interfaces. Extraordinary color management.

What do you dislike?

I have seen some software for creating fonts and I have to say that they have more or more accurate control in the use of anchor points or handles, it would be the flagship for software that is already an excellence and works very well with Photoshop and InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not change Illustrator with any other vector graphics software, because it is absolutely the most complete both from a technical and creative point of view, it has powerful tools concerning the coloring phase, and it works perfectly with Photoshop and InDesign, other software which a designer can not do without.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As mentioned, working as a graphic designer, I use Illustrator every day, to create logos, brand identity, posters or flyers, leaflets, graphic interfaces for websites or applications, graphics for Facebook or Instagram, or even to create illustrations or infographics.

Illustrator review by Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Overall, a great product"

What do you like best?

There's so much you can do with illustrator. You can pretty much make anything. It works for designs for web and print and it's really easy to make a design that's suitable for both.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to collaborate with other users. For instance, I would rather send a design to a coworker and have him make the small edits he needs rather than have him tell me what to fix and go back and forth. However, in order to do so, I have to email it to him as an illustrator file and have him open it in illustrator on his computer and make changes and hope he saves is the right way to send it back, etc. It'd be so much easier if we could do collaboration over the web within illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth buying. There isn't a software that compares at all. You can't design without it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We started making our own advertisements in illustrator, which has saved us a lot of money on design fees. We also have been saving a lot of money on flyers, coupons, and gift certificates by making them and printing them ourselves.

Illustrator review by Paul M.
Paul M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best design product on the market"

What do you like best?

I love that Adobe Illustrator allows you to create your own designs. The tools are excellent and there is a wealth of resources online. I have used free online software programs before, but they do not come close to what Adobe Illustrator allows you to do. I definitely think it is worth the price (I pay the monthly subscription rate) and once you get into Illustrator, it is easy to start learning Photoshop and InDesign.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike, except for it is very daunting at first. But once you get into the program more and get used to it, it is really an incredible product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone because while it may seem daunting to learn at first, there is such a wide variety of free resources available online. I think Illustrator is the most difficult Adobe design program to learn, but that is because the amount of creative freedom is amazing!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Creating designs for clients who are currently using Microsoft Word or other forms of software that do not create high quality designs or vectors.

Illustrator review by Cecilia N.
Cecilia N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best for vector drawings!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator has many tools to assist when drawing vector drawings, resulting in different processes to achieve the end result. I enjoy using the pen tool when creating and find it helpful to go into isolation mode to quickly single out a part of the drawing to focus on it.

What do you dislike?

It does crash every once and a while like all apps do. For the longest time my main issue was there was no autosave function. However, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. My biggest issue is just the amount of steps required to ensure my drawings are pixel perfect and don't show any rasterization. I have to have snap to grid, snap to pixel options turned on. It can be a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illsutrator works great alongside other Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects. If never using Illustrator previously, the pen tool can be a bit daunting but with some practice, very useful and essential tool for using Illustrator.

I would highly recommend getting a drawing table to use with Adobe Illustrator. I found it easier to use than a mouse when creating vector linework. Also is better on my hand, just make sure to take a breaks frequently otherwise your hands will cramp up.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I've used Illustrator many times for creating logos or drawings that will be printed. I've been able to produce many drawings and easily able to quickly and efficiently scale the drawing if there are changes required for print.

Illustrator review by Ed H.
Ed H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is my go to application for graphic design"

What do you like best?

Illustrator has overtaken Photoshop as my go to graphic design application. I utilize it heavily for website graphics, email marketing (email design) and website enhancements. The toolset is consistent with other Adobe products that I'm already familiar with and the vector based images are easy to manipulate and work with in other applications.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator is a complex program and requires a relatively heavy time investment to get up to speed on it. I wish Illustrator employed some of the same effects that are in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Illustrator so I'm biased! Make sure your designer has a Wacom pad or similar device. The efficiencies gained will more than pay for itself!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can more quickly create logo designs and "mock up" web pages for enhancement projects. I think working with text is much easier in Illustrator than in Photoshop. I've been able to take conceptual designs to my web developer much faster using Illustrator than with Photoshop.

Illustrator review by Corley F.
Corley F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Learning curve is tough, but once you know this program, it's your best friend."

What do you like best?

I cried for a week in college trying to comprehend how to use the pen tool in this program. But there was a moment when it all made sense, and that was in 2009. Since then illustrator has been one of my most valuable tools in illustration and design.

What do you dislike?

I'd say the learning process, but that could be my fault. Sometimes it shuts down on me if I overwhelm it, but that also could be my fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. Spend an entire 8 hours straight figuring it out, get your shortcuts down to muscle memory. It's worth it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

While most people rely on stock vector images, I can create 100% original content for all my clients by using illustrator to crate exactly what they are looking for, instead of searching the internet for one that other companies have access to as well.

Illustrator review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"It is the best graphic design software, indispensable for any designer"

What do you like best?

the tools for vectorization and digitization are great. The pen tool makes the vectorization work much easier and the editing options are almost endless, the texts can be edited even after transforming them into contours, in general lines it is very stable and intuitive

What do you dislike?

you need a powerful computer to operate optimally, the application of the effects can be a little complicated for beginners, the module to export files should be expanded in terms of the number of formats and definitely the software is very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is the best graphic design program in the market and it is a compulsory purchase if you are in the world of graphic design, great tools to vectorize, stability, excellent palette of colors, the limit is your imagination with this software you can do any design

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use it daily, I work as a freelancer designing t-shirts for about 2 years, in this software I have found all the tools to take my designs to a professional level

Illustrator review by Sara H.
Sara H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is my money-maker"

What do you like best?

I use Adobe Illustrator for 80% of my design work. I love how easy the icons are to distinguish and that I can completely customize the layout of the tools. I love how easy it is to integrate images and files from the rest of the Adobe software products like Photoshop and InDesign.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that some of my settings as far as tools go, do not hold for the next time I open the program. I'm sure that is an easy fix but I have not been able to figure that out yet. This is minor and I basically love Illustrator!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a youtube tutorial video if you haven't had the opportunity to be fully trained. A professional program like Illustrator can be frustrating if you don't know how to utilize all of it's resources.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I own my own graphic design firm and use Adobe Illustrator for a majority of my design work. I couldn't do my job without it. It is very important that I can use the program with ease and meet my deadlines with my clients. And thanks to the great performance of the program, I am able to do this easily!

Illustrator review by Ray H.
Ray H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Beautiful vector editing"

What do you like best?

its the best software in the market when it comes to dealing with vectors. the tools in the illustrator are than more than enough to create or edit vector graphics even when you're not very good at drawing. the user interface is pretty awesome and toolbars can be customized according to your need and you can also save your workspace for future use. adobe illustrator has its own format called .ai which is really great cause the size of the output file is very small compared with the popular eps extension. the software is a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite and its very easy to keep the software up to date. the creative cloud suite also provides free storage to backup your work. the program also supports multiple drawing pads and so you can draw vectors easily. the software got pressure sensitivity enabled by perfectly stroking your lines. one of the best parts of illustrator is the ability to create or change your shortcut keys and it helps you work easily thus saving lot fo time. the support and adobe community is great and you can get instant help online anytime.

What do you dislike?

the pricing is a bit too much. the software can lag your pc when dealing with complex projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great tool when it comes to editing vectors. try it yourself and choose

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

editing and creating vector graphics

Illustrator review by Fred S M.
Fred S M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Everything i need in one software"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is a professional software for creating vector graphics and for creating illustrations, logos or artworks for printing and for the web. A complete software that associates the creative side with the technical one, impossible for a designer not to use it.My favorite is the pen tool, the ease and user friendly features that allow you to draw and illustrate vector based projects. I like the new feature of being able to crop images like in photoshop when you place them.

What do you dislike?

I hate that the key commands differ from other adobe programs. Paste in place for example. If you build a file with too many clipping masks, it really slows the file down to where it’s almost impossible to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free trial! And watch the tutorials on youtube. They're fun and this is a great tool to have in life! Whether you're a graphic designer or just wanting to pick up a new tool to have under your belt, AI is a unique and exciting program to use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Most of my web clients just come empty handed without any logo so i use Adobe Illustrator to make a logo for them which makes my work very easy

Illustrator review by Adrian S.
Adrian S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Steep Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the all in one package when coming to creating and editing vector graphics. There are a lot of tools are filter to work out and build amazing graphics. The shadow options and adjustments in the program are outstanding. The size of the output file is really small, and you can share it easily. With the creative cloud option, you can get access to Adobe library and tons of elements and fonts. The live trace is also very precise and fantastic tool with which you can quickly create vector graphics out of raster images. The incredible thing is that it can work alongside other creative cloud programs and make your work a lot easier. the interface is beautiful and you can customize it according to your need which makes your work really easy.

What do you dislike?

it takes a lot of time to learn the adobe illustrator if you dont have prior knowledge. its not like you can just install the program and start working. this program isn't a program where you can create a project in like 10 minutes. the pricing isn't cheap, small companies or individuals wont be able to afford the software. the program need a lot of memory to work fluently. When exporting to the PSD files the text layer cant be edited and it can be troublesome. photo editing is very limited when coming to adobe illustrator. also when coming to some of the drawing pad's illustration doesn't really take the pressure sensitivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best vector program out there. i highly recommend you to take the free trial provided by adobe.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

create and edit vector graphics

Illustrator review by Faith G.
Faith G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My Go-To"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is my go-to for complex illustrations. How love how easy it is to edit anchor points, create shapes, and even work with a drawing tablet. Illustrator is, in my humble opinion, Adobe's best product by a wide margin.

What do you dislike?

I don't have too many complaints about Illustrator. It's a well-designed, streamlined product focused on doing one thing right. I guess my only gripe is that it occasionally struggles a bit with very large files. Otherwise, A+!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is a fantastic tool for Illustration, which is its one main focus. If you do illustration work every day, this is the right tool for the job. If you want something for creating layouts or editing photos, check out Sketch and Photoshop respectively.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Illustrator for creating vector-based artwork and illustrations. It's the best tool for the job and it makes doing these types of designs easy.

Illustrator review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"illustrator"

What do you like best?

I like how I can add soft colors to my images for presentation, and turn my CAD drawings into vector drawings for easier manipulation. It's a great addition to photoshop when trying to put together architectural design boards.

What do you dislike?

For me at least, it's a little more difficult to learn how to use properly than photoshop. I usually only use it to add color to my line drawings from CAD

Recommendations to others considering the product

start small, don't run straight into using this product unless you know what you want to use it for. It is for creating images, and helping to digitize hand drawings. This is not a photo editor!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

the benefit of it is the ability to add a lot of dynamic color to your images for material and presentation boards. If I'm not editing a rendering and just want to beef up a space plan, I'll import my CAD drawings into illustrator to make it more presentation ready

Illustrator review by Lucy A. R.
Lucy A. R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe - great for Editing and Design"

What do you like best?

I deal with a lot of vector images and you can scale a lot of the vector points, so editing vectors is quite easy with Illustrator. The fact that your designs are all uploaded onto the cloud means that I can access the designs on different Adobe applications. Sometimes I get annoyed with the cloud, but it does make it a lot easier especially if I'm working at different workspaces, I can have access to it anytime. I also like the fact that it is being constantly updated, which means the tools only get better and better.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that they do the monthly subscription plan as opposed to before you paying a set fee. I like paying a flat fee across the board but then again paying for the cloud service has come in handy and as a business I can see why going cloud base in this day and age makes sense for the consumer and also for the company, monetary wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There so many tutorials on youtube and the web in general. If you are trying to figure some things out a quick google search will help you find a tutorial that can help you step by step. If you want to learn faster ways to doing something there are various tutorials that will help you expedite your design process as well.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm able to create advertisements and designs super fast. I am also able to modify them super fast. This means if I need to change something or create slight variations of the same design it can be easily managed.

Illustrator review by Megan F.
Megan F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on multiple different things within one program. Logos, digital illustrations, website mockups, and I often use the multiple artboard function to assemble a big brainstorm document, which keeps my thoughts organized.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more capabilities of Adobe's other programs- I know it's its own program, but it's hard to move between them sometimes, when they don't do functions in the same ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many people I work with began working strictly on Photoshop when many projects would be easy to complete with Illustrator. Once basic functions are learned, it's easy to make many projects quickly. Photoshop is a useful tool of course, but creating vector graphics and layering quickly is much easier with Illustrator.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use it across a lot of different areas as a freelance designer and illustrator. I am creating logos, quickly organizing ideas and creating idea-boards. I like that it is easy to use, and has so much possibilities.

Illustrator review by Danica K.
Danica K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Create Vector Graphics For All Uses "

What do you like best?

I love the versatility that Illustrator allows me to have while designing. I generally use Illustrator to create and edit vector graphics for print publication, but lately I have been using Illustrator to help me create and export SVG icons for a web design build project. You'd never think that Illustrator could be used for both media, especially due to the nature of print vs. digital, but it can.

What do you dislike?

In my work, I've found that there are several ways that Illustrator could work more seamlessly with the other other Adobe products (InDesign and Photoshop), but falls just short. For example, when you want to select an object and click inside its bounding box, you are unable to do so in the same way that you'd do it in InDesign. This creates an oddly glitchy user experience for any users who are constantly switching between the two programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider the multi use capabilities of Adobe Illustrator for all mediums. Just because the program works on vector graphics does not mean that it also does not aid in delivering perfectly crisp raster graphics for use on web design projects.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

While using Illustrator, I do everything from manipulating and exporting corporate logos for use in print and digital media, creating icon sets and custom fonts for client work, and illustrating hand-drawn sketches into a higher fidelity version, painting in artwork and tweaking lines. I am also able to create super crisp raster graphics with the help of Illustrator; a lot of Ai users probably discount its ability and capabilities across multiple mediums.

Illustrator review by Nicola B.
Nicola B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is the perfect inbetween program in the Adobe Creative Suite. "

What do you like best?

I love being able to use multiple artboards at once and how easy it is to resize artboards. One of my favorite features is live trace. I also love the clipping mask feature and use it almost every day. Illustrator is also able to open editable PDF's—a feature that comes in surprisingly handy.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator would be easier to use if it included some of the features that InDesign has especially when it comes to using type. I also think that the resizing tool can be a bit clumsy and would like to be able to resize from any side of an image or vector, not only from each corner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When in doubt about which program in the Adobe Creative Suite to use, go for Illustrator. Illustrator is the most all-round program with the most varied capabilities and will allow you to almost anything.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am a graphic designer and use Illustrator for revenue generating work almost every day.

Illustrator review by James T.
James T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"An Irreplaceable Design Tool"

What do you like best?

I really love the ability to scale anything with vector points. This helps to quickly scale any design to any application. Also, being able to replicate designs and create multiple version helps with organizing various creations. The rendering ability has improved from version to version, allowing to quickly put ideas and thoughts to design. The cloud connectivity between all Adobe apps is incredibly useful and I continually find ways to make my workflow more efficient. Imparticular, creating design libraries that are shared across the cloud platform ensures design continuity in all of my projects. While some may dislike the monthly fee instead of an upfront price, I find it cheaper in the long run and means Adobe updates their software much more often and I appreciate the consistency of quality software tools.

What do you dislike?

A tutorial video explaining workspaces and common setups based intended use would help understand all that is possible with Illustrator. A better explanation of tools hidden in menus. A system to tag or categorize and link artboards would help with multiple revisions and version. The Creative Cloud software running in the background can use more resources than I care for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find and use tutorials. There is so much you can do with Illustrator that isn't well explained. You will become much more efficient. I regularly find ways to do something in one or two steps instead of six.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Quickly create complex design pieces. I am able to create many exact variations and expanded upon that with artboards.

Illustrator review by Zachary M.
Zachary M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A Must Have Tool For All Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the go-to tool for all professional graphic designers. Paying for Creative Crowd is an investment you will see an immediate return on. Their product is so easy to use, once you understand what you are doing. Illustrator isn't just a pickup and go tool. It does require a little base knowledge, but that can easily be found online, or in various books and classrooms.

I love being able to have an idea on pen and paper and copy it into illustrator, clean it up and have an actual vector image of something i doodled one day in my sketch book.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues, but Adobe is slowly resolving them. I cant think of them off hand but there are times I get frustrated with a lack of feature. Mostly because other CC products aren't as intuitive as Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just invest the money. Work hard and you will get a quick return on your investment. This is the one product you should use if you are professional designer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Having a software to create perfect vector images. Photoshop lacks in that department, i know there are other solutions but the industry standard of Illustrator is #1!

Illustrator review by Cameron B.
Cameron B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator, perfect for vector illustration projects."

What do you like best?

Love the pen tool, the ease and user friendly features that allow you to draw and illustrate vector based projects. I like the new feature of being able to crop images like in photoshop when you place them.

What do you dislike?

I hate that the key commands differ from other adobe programs. Paste in place for example. If you build a file with too many clipping masks, it really slows the file down to where it’s almost impossible to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a need for designing simple or complex artwork, specifically in vector format, you need this program. Also good for simple projects that combine type and elements of illustration. I prefer using illustrator over indesign in this case because it is easier to seamlessly integrate the two.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Allows us to create scalable artwork. A vector piece of art can be used for something as small as a business card, or something as large as a billboard.

Illustrator review by Steven H.
Steven H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Used the free 7 day trial"

What do you like best?

I downloaded the free 7 day trial and honestly, Adobe Illustrator is such a neat platform. At first glance, it's difficult to use, but there are so many tutorials and videos out there, especially on youtube, that teach you exactly what you need to know. And so, it's very intuitive and the learning curve is quick.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I truly dislike about AI. Maybe if they had a walk-through tutorial at the beginning for the very basic features, that would be nice; however, I simply found those on google and youtube, so I suppose that's not necessary. I wish there would be a student discount though. A more sizable one, since it is so expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free trial! And watch the tutorials on youtube. They're fun and this is a great tool to have in life! Whether you're a graphic designer or just wanting to pick up a new tool to have under your belt, AI is a unique and exciting program to use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We're starting a new real estate brokerage and I designed a logo for us. It's been fun learning how to use the platform and watching everything come to life. I almost feel a little like an artist. Graphic Design would be extremely fun with this, especially for future marketing goals.

Illustrator review by Biagio D.
Biagio D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The top for vector graphics"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is a professional software for creating vector graphics and for creating illustrations, logos or artworks for printing and for the web. A complete software that associates the creative side with the technical one, impossible for a designer not to use it.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator is complete, however I think you could insert more controls concerning the handles and anchor points, to make it possible to modify the graphics in a more precise way, also missing the possibility of being able to create and use mixed inks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a designer it's impossible not to use Illustrator, which is great for creating different artworks. Personally I use it also for the creation of icons or for the creation of type design.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work with Illustrator as a freelancer, and I create jobs such as logos, corporate identities, posters, brochures, graphic interfaces for web and mobile, packaging design products. Thanks to the possibility of using multiple artboards, the work becomes more practical and more manageable.

Illustrator review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Logos, Precise Artwork, Layouts and More!"

What do you like best?

Very robust program that is a must have arsenal for design (pretty much a prerequisite for all designers). Illustrator is excellent for spit balling ideas. Multiple art boards is by far my favorite feature about this program. This helps with multiple versions of a design and multipage and double sided projects.

What do you dislike?

They have definitely cracked down on this error (although it may happen from time to time), is the crashing of the program. You can be on a roll but once you neglect to save it could crash causing you to lose some valuable work. Good news is, they have added a fail safe feature which re-opens everything you had open prior to the crash. Only problem with this is, you may risk not having the very up to date version of your last save. A small knock but way better than having to start all over if you haven't saved anything at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend getting the whole suite, especially if you're a designer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Multiple screens is an awesome feature. Never really looked into it, but tried it out and man, it's a great thing to have- especially for web related projects. This feature basically will allow you to save multiple sizes of your artwork at one go.

Illustrator review by Daniel N.
Daniel N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Experience using Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create graphics in Adobe Illustrator. In my field, I need to design graphics for multiple platforms and creating vectors in Adobe is the easiest way I know. It is simple to export the vectors in different resolutions and sizes as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the loading time of Adobe Illustrator. Sometimes it can take up to a couple minutes to just open up the program for me. I also dislike how hard it is to work with using touchscreen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is similar to other Adobe products so if you know another one, it will be easy to pick up Adobe Illustrator. There are not many high-quality alternatives to Adobe Illustrator that I know of so it is worth the investment. There are discount plans available for students, so students should take advantage of all Adobe products.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Adobe Illustrator allows me to create graphics necessary for my app, game, website designing. The benefits are that vectors are scalable and do not become pixelated, no matter how big or small the vector is.

Illustrator review by Todd W.
Todd W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator - It does what you'd expect it to do. "

What do you like best?

In my daily work, I utilize both CAD and Graphics programs. Illustrator's ease of use and compatibility with my CAD programs helps to make design work efficient and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I've never found the effects options as customizable as Photoshop's. It's a user interface that feels as if it has never been improved on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for those using CAD and graphics programs on projects. I found it easy to learn when coming from Autocad. If you can draw a line, a box or a circle, and have a general idea of how layers work, I believe you'll find it a cinch to learn Illustrator.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I currently use Illustrator for map layouts. Illustrator's vector graphic abilities make it easy for me to take cad data from our geologists and import it into Illustrator when making the vector maps.

Illustrator review by seuan l.
seuan l.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is the best for design! "

What do you like best?

I've used adobe illustrator for years now. I loved how in the beginning it was so easy to learn and easy to use. There are so many videos on the adobe website not to mention on youtube if you want to learn more tips and tricks. After you learn the tricks you can do so many things with your designs. There are also shortcut keys so that cuts your design time down.

What do you dislike?

The pricing can be high, of course you get what you pay for and I'm sure that the prices being as such is what keeps adobe progressive and updating their software more frequently. Although it easy to learn I would say that when you learn from someone who is used to it, its nice to have them answer your questions all in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop and Indesign and you have the trifecta of design.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Better design means better advertisement. It creates great designs up to the limits of your imagination.

Illustrator review by Sabrina R.
Sabrina R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator is the best for designing all of your needs!"

What do you like best?

It is simple to learn and user friendly. I love that you can create basically anything our business is in need of in one simple program. I feared purchasing adobe programs because I was under the assumption it would be hard to learn, but it was super simple.

What do you dislike?

The program is on the expensive side. Certain tools such as the eraser kind of miss the mark. When you click to erase something it isn't quite precise on what you click. There are small things such as this that aren't super detailed and you have to work with to make work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple program to design basic graphics, flyers, business cards, signs, etc this program is excellent!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use illustrator in our office to design all of our marketing materials from business cards to banners. We create flyers for our events as well as coupons to pass out all year long.

Illustrator review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator! A must software for all designers!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator has been part of my daily life for past 15 years now, Adobe Illustrator is a must program to learn and familiarize for all graphic designers in the filed. I am more then fully aware that there are other programs that could replace Adobe Illustrator now, but at the end of the day, I find myself going back to Adobe Illustrator to solve my design problems.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator, although it is considered basic program for all designers, the high cost might come in as a handicap when it comes to completing with new design programs that are out and available. Also as the time passes the program itself will become very heavy and might become too much to handle, if computer itself in use is not up to standard requirements, there are many ways to use Adobe Illustrator lightly, but in doing so one might not be able fully utilize the full usage and potential of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If anyone are considering Adobe Illustrator, I would recommend for potential viewers to be patience, the usage itself might take a while to get used to, but once familial with program, the potential to be able to do with Adobe Illustrator is endless!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Adobe Illustrator is a daily driver program for basic design, such as typography, lay-outs, designing logos, multi layered animated images, just to name a few. When it comes to creating original digital based designs, Adobe Illustrator is a go to program, at least for my benefit I should say.

Illustrator review by Sinly L.
Sinly L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Has replaced my Photoshop Usage "

What do you like best?

If you're familiar with photoshop then Illustrator will be very easy to take on. In case for designing marketing material for advertisements which involves more creative text placement Illustrator is much easier to work with.

What do you dislike?

Of course this is a huge program and when you are running multiple designs it can lag you down a bit. I wish that the tracing tools would be a little better on all the adobe products, but of course things can't be perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this if you are constantly producing marketing material and constantly changing it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing material has been much easier to update and to produce in general. If you want to tweak just one little thing or just personalize it and change it up it is definitely a lot easier than a lot of other products out there. If you are making marketing material that doesn't take up a lot of time and brings in more customers than that definitely is good for business. All of our clients have been happy with the convenience and the speed at which we are able to change their customized designs and advertising material.

Illustrator review by Adam W.
Adam W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best Vector Tool"

What do you like best?

when coming to designing vector the illustrator is the best in the market. there are several tools that let you draw easily any shape you want. the interface is very beautiful and you could customize by changing color themes, aligning the toolboxes and much more. its available for Mac and windows so it's easy to share your files with other irrespective of the operating system you use. even when the vectors are complicated output filesize is small which is a great benefit while trying to share it with your friends. the illustrator integrates well with other Adobe creative cloud products and very easy to do work, for example, while making videos we could easily export the illustrator vector and animate it in after effects, really impressive feature. the support forum is really helpful and the software is well documented. another great feature is that the shortcut keys can be edited by the user for their convenience and it's a handy feature to make work easier. the adobe creative cloud gives you online storage to backup your data and it's a great tool and easier to work when you know that your files can be recovered in case of a system failure.

What do you dislike?

the pricing can be high that normal users might not be able to afford it while there are other cheap alternatives available in the market. i found it extremely difficult to draw curves and needs extream precision to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it, there is nothing like this out there.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Designing vector and infographics, this is the best tool to draw create vectors in the market and is very flexible.

Illustrator review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Flexible and detailed vector graphics software for design professionals"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is a vector-orientated piece of software which allows users to create, manipulate and edit graphics using a number of specific tools. It allows users to create specific designs such as logos, icons, and work with existing vector information created using vector / CAD programs such as autocad and microstation. For graphic designers and other design professionals there are a wide range of options to create web conentent and web design, including generating optimized web content in the form of SVG, PNG, GIF, or JPG graphics formats. SVG is scaleable which allows content to be viewed across platforms

What do you dislike?

Overall the program is very complex in terms of the number of options and features that you can work with. As a user of the software on a less frequent basis it is quite difficult to follow the processes required. Working with artboards and editing elements within groups can be tricky to get right in my experience/One overall frustration of the adobe suite family is the differences between editing tools on Photoshop, Indesign and illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest getting some basic training from someone who uses the software regularly. It is also worth considering what you are trying to achieve and whether Photoshop for example may be a better option.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It gives us an option to create and edit specific vector content and output information in a number of formats. We use other adobe software such as Photoshop and Illustrator more frequently but this allows a more detailed way to create design information - logo's, typography etc.

Illustrator review by Lauren P.
Lauren P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator great for creating illustrations, not so much with links"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility and the lack of a learning curve. The system is easy to understand and there isnt a lot involved to create a few shapes and really start plugging away.

What do you dislike?

I hate that I work with a cloud based file system so Illustrator takes forever with my software to use, it is the sole reason my entire department works in InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is fantastic for all things illustration related. I loved using this program in my sign shop, the flexibility and ease of use is great, I found it to be the easiest to learn at first as well. If you access your files on the internet I would strongly advise to copy them to your desktop before bringing them in, unless you like waiting for it to re-generate previews every few minutes. It just spins and spins, without linked files its a dream! Also it is the only program that will expand a stroke so theres that!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Just the benefit of creating graphics, It was my sole tool in my sign shop but with cloud based file access it cannot handle the pressure.

Illustrator review by Ryan O.
Ryan O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best vector desing tool period."

What do you like best?

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since version 88 which was released in March 1988. It was a major competitor with Coral Draw at the time (who). They took the lead from Coral and never looked back. Illustrator has continuously improved upon its product year after year and 30 years it is still the best in the business.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that young designers don't know how much Illustrator has to offer. It's all about Photoshop and InDesign these days. Adobe start pushing your Illustrator product to the millennials and younger designers to let them know how great and productive this app can be for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is the best vector graphics editor in the business. It has every format you need to export to available and then some.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Vector imagery in .ai, .eps and .svg format for our websites.

Illustrator review by Carlos Alberto S.
Carlos Alberto S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Professional size illustration for all. "

What do you like best?

It is a tool that under my point of view is one of the most important for anyone who lives in the world of graphic design. It has an interface quite similar to that of Photoshop and other programs provided by Adobe, so any user who previously used these programs would have the ability to adapt in a much simpler way. On the other hand, its interface is quite intuitive, which greatly helps inexperienced users get to know it quite quickly, although the mastering of the tool can be complicated. Another thing that I quite like is that there are no limits to the imagination, you can plazmar on the canvas anything that comes to mind; drawings, brochures, small posters, whatever.

What do you dislike?

Despite having a strong resemblance to other Adobe tools and an interface with which users who use these tools can become familiar with it quickly, it does not have any tutorials or guides to learn the function of each feature of the tool. what the integration of new users is usually not entirely comfortable. On the other hand, the price of your license is a bit high despite having different types of promotions, since the renewal of the same is every so often what makes this a rather uncomfortable feature. I would opt to buy the program and completely forget about renewing licenses, but unfortunately this does not exist yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of my favorite tools, I highly recommend trying the tool before buying it, although I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator has helped me a lot during my professional training, since it is one of the tools that I use the most in the university where I am a designer, as well as being one of my most important tools in the work I currently own.

Illustrator review by Tara H.
Tara H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Favorite Software Ever!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator provides a stunning way to create high-end graphics for designers, artists, and even animators. My favorite thing is the pen tool and brush tool. It gives you the freedom to create virtually ANYTHING, and converts it to an easy to manipulate vector. The UI is extremely easy to use

What do you dislike?

It’s not easy to crop or cut/erase parts of vectors/objects as easy as it is to do so in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are used to Photoshop, just know that it is similar, but still very different. Adobe Illustrator is an amazing, powerful program and can make your life so much easier! Watch tutorials - if you don't know how to do something. I advise using a Wacom tablet combined with Illustrator's brush tool for the most natural looking "hand-drawn" vectors.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I definitely have been able to output better graphics in illustrator over hand drawn or photoshop.

Illustrator review by Katy K.
Katy K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I use Illustrator for everything design! "

What do you like best?

I love illustrator. I think I like the vector based principle the best. Scaling to any size is amazing! I like the ease of copying and dragging items around the art boards as well as how easy it is to color pick. Pathfinder is everything!

What do you dislike?

I think there's definitely a curve to learning illustrator. Coming from Photoshop, I didn't really get how to illustrate. It's much different, but it's certain great for a graphic style.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's super awesome for design and people who have a simple or graphic style. If you're a digital artist who does intricate illustrations or drawings, you'll probably want to stick with Photoshop or another like product.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am a graphic designer, so I use Illustrator for everything. I think it's pretty quick to use once you learn all the shortcuts. I also really appreciate being able to auto align things. It helps my perfectionist mind.

Illustrator review by Eric S.
Eric S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"For fundamental designers"

What do you like best?

I really love and use this program most to create CMYK builds, and prepare logos and illustrator based artwork into print ready files. It allows me to take complex builds and simplify them into one solid black color. Another fantastic thing about this program is it's ability to be compatible with so many image files. I can create files here that I can take to Indesign or Photoshop with ease.

What do you dislike?

I honestly wish this program had a few Photoshop features just so I wouldn't have to switch back and forth, but I understand this program is completely for illustrations. I love some of the small features this program has like the ability to make dotted stroke lines, or stroke lines with arrows at the end.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm able to create print ready files which are used to send to metal carving companies, who send the metal back to us so we can stamp products.

Illustrator review by Molly M.
Molly M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I love Illustrator! "

What do you like best?

Of the Adobe programs I use, Illustrator is my favorite and, in my opinion, the most powerful. Since I began using it years ago, my favorite new features have been the Smart Guides and Live Corners. I like how new features are constantly added with Adobe CC, usually alongside informative tutorials.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if it's possible at this point, but I would love to see text formatting carried over between Indesign and Illustrator. For example, when you paste text from one program to the other, it would be amazing if the formatting could carry over. It sort of partway does right now, but it's not perfect. I have a feeling it's impossible to make it work 100% perfectly because of the difference between the programs.

Another feature request I have is the ability to select only objects that are fully enclosed in the bounding box. I often accidentally select objects by touching a tiny corner of them (especially text, because the box that encompasses the text is so much bigger than its contents). I find myself locking and unlocking layers/objects more often than I'd like.

My final feature request is a way to create radial shapes easily (like, say, a gear, or flower). At the moment, I would create the individual petal and then copy/rotate it around a point, and command+D until I have petals all the way around. Then if I don't like the flower, I'd have to undo and start over with a different petal or different angle of rotation. Maybe one could dynamically change that while building complex radial shapes. I believe InkScape has a feature like this, though I am very unfamiliar with that program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's absolutely the way to go and to be honest, has a monopoly on the industry. As a designer I can count on all my vendors and printers using Illustrator so I never have to worry about file compatibility.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Illustrator daily to create website mockups, brochures, business cards, t-shirt designs, drawings for animations, and lots more. It is my preferred program, even for brochures with lots of text, because I tend to create pretty visually-heavy designs. I like doing that all in one place. If my item will have more than say, 3 pages, I'll switch the Indesign because it is better equipped to handle lots of text.

It is also my preferred program for creating presentations (Powerpoint-style) which is great for presenting ideas to a group.

Illustrator review by Erdem B.
Erdem B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A Product Designer's Review of Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

It is an industry standard for graphic designers. Thus:

- There are tons of learning materials all around, in any language you need.

- There is a plethora of plug-ins, almost tailormadefor things that you did not even know you needed.

- On contrary to many Illustrator users, I would say It is not easy to use. But once you learn it, any other vector drawing software would be a piece of cake. Because every competitor copares and builds itself upon things they like or don't like about Illustrator.

Also:

- I learned using Corel Draw before I learned Adobe Illustrator. I think Illustrator was easier to learn.

- Before I learned 3D modeling and rendering, I was taught to use Illustrator for product design rendering using gradient and mesh tools. It was life-saving and quite fun for my university years.

- I use it as a part of my product design and vector sketching trio of Rhinoceros 3D - Illustrator - Photoshop. It saves a lot of time while doing quick ideation and 2D rendering work. This trio communicates well through AI format.

What do you dislike?

- Shape selection might be nightmare occasionally. Often I would pick the hole object while trying to pick a tiny dot or bezier handle or some other shape that is close to what I do not intend to select.

- Not on every project; but sometimes, I just cannot handle working with bezier curves. As a product designer, I find NURBS splines as a great curve building method missing in Illustrator.

- Similarly, freeform transfer can be much more controlled and smooth if it was something similar to Cag Edit from Rhinoceros.

- Maybe because my workstation is a little old now, Illustrator CC works much slower and prone to freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said, it is an industry standard. You will find a wide range of resources for Illustrator; learning materials, free or paid assets. What you create can be read by many other software, and other people can easily export their work into AI for you, because almost every design software has an AI export function.

With CC plans, you might try it without investing too heavily; so if you do not find it as useful as you imagined, you can just quit it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use it for graphic design work, quickly sketching 2D ideas and as an intermediate software to transfer and prepare vector drawings for laser marking or printing.

Illustrator review by Rachel Y.
Rachel Y.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best design option for diversity in your software. Learn the short keys!"

What do you like best?

The newer multiple art board feature makes it so much more attractive to do layouts that are vector heavy (such as brochures, fliers, etc.). The link palette is so easy to use and I like the automatic notifications when I have become unlinked. I love being able to use "invisible" characters to check my text for extra spaces and returns.

What do you dislike?

Why isn't there a keyboard shortcut for the PLACE option in the menu? The smart guides are a little intense as you move things around, bust quite useful. don't like how you have to UNLOCK ALL as opposed to unlocking a certain group (ungrouping). I would also like a way to reduce my .jpeg size in my design without having to use Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a huge fan of the CC pricing options. I would like to choose ala carte as opposed to the whole package. Just the basic three, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are everything I need for print design. When I am ready, I would expand.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator has become more refined with each version when editing text. Kerning and tracking are essential, especially with signage.Do your homework with the Pathfinder tool, some parts have changed.

Illustrator review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Perfect starting tool in the Adobe Creative Suite"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of this program! Like any of the Adobe Suite programs, there is a bit of a learning curve, but overall, I found it easiest to learn among the programs and have been using it since for vector graphics, logo creation, and more.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned, there is always a bit of a learning curve with the Adobe Creative Suite programs. But otherwise, I love the program and it's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While being a part of the Creative Suite makes this program more costly than existing alternatives, it is by far worth it with its plethora of features and capabilities. PLUS, they now allow you to export your files just as you would in Photoshop, making JPG, GIF, and PNG creation easier than ever.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Illustrator mostly for creating vector graphics from scratch. Whether that's a logo design or simple graphics for my own business, it's a great place to create and export your projects easily.

Illustrator review by Leigh Ann J.
Leigh Ann J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe illustrator CC"

What do you like best?

As a graphic design, this is my program of choice for vector design editing/creation. In the CC version, adobe has simplified art board creation by automatically tiling boards in place, which is a nice timesaver from previous versions. Keyboard shortcuts and interface are by far my favorite in terms of a design program.

What do you dislike?

I like to embed my links, but this isn’t the default in illustrator. The program links them, and the designer must take an extra step to click ‘embed’. I understand why the programmer did this, but 99% of the time it require me to take an extra step with the type of design I am creating.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Packaging design solutions by editing vector die lines in illustrator. Importing the dies for various CPG clients and adding artwork, photography and Romance language. Manipulating FDA nutrition facts to reflect product content (packaged food). Creating logos, screen print separations for prepress and large format printing projects such as signage graphics.

Illustrator review by Julie D.
Julie D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator helps me with my graphic design "

What do you like best?

Type on a path, outlining type have been very helpful in designing logos and typography projects. Being able to change type into compound paths in order to customize has been very useful.

Isolating a path is very helpful to correct something quickly without when there as many layers

I like being able use image trace on my scanned hand lettered typography.

What do you dislike?

The crop tool. The menu choice is grayed out a lot when I want to use it. Symbols gallery need to be updated. Effects such as feather and drop shadow has more possibility of dithering; there isn't the control settings that Photoshop has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is a software tool that has a bit of a learning curve to it. It for those that are willing to learn a different type of software. It takes a little practice to achieve control over bezier curves and using the path tools; and then how to use clipping masks and shapes to create vector images.

However, once that is learned the ability to create customized typography from any font and the fun of creating vector images can be rewarding. Adobe Illustrator gives the ability to produce very sharp looking projects.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator gives me tools to design typography into customized logos. banners, posters and gives me what I need to create character design for our ongoing advertising and informational resource printing needs.

Illustrator review by Victoria L.
Victoria L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best tool for creating vector images "

What do you like best?

It was easy to learn considering that I had worked in Photoshop before, the interface is pretty similar to all the other Adobe products. I like that it is easy to work in Illustrator with a drawing pad. Adobe is constantly improving their tools and introducing new features to illustrator. I've been using it for years and it's great seeing it's capability right now. Introducing multiple artboards was the best idea, also I'm really happy that adobe has the Library feature right now and I can use different elements through out the different tools and projects.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that while working with large files, Illustrator takes up a lot of memory and it kind of slows down my laptop. Sometimes it crashes pretty often and i have to restart my computer, so it will be really nice if it wouldn't require that much memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator might be a bit hard to learn if you've never worked with any adobe products before, but there are a lot of tutorials available online that will make learning it really easy.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am using illustrator to create training materials and infographics. I've used it before for creating marketing materials and it met all my needs.

Illustrator review by Arzu B.
Arzu B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator FTW"

What do you like best?

I love how smooth drawing and then manipulating is with this app. I also appreciate the ease of importing and exporting items to and from the app.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about this app. If anything, there's A LOT to learn and I don't think in my almost 20 years since learning it that I'd say I use all the features. I also would rather have guides that were easy to move around. I might be lazy, but there are too many steps involved in unlocking and then moving them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create your own illustrations, Adobe Illustrator is the best option to do so. The ease of use as well as the many options provided to realize your vision is everything you could ask for.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used to purchase illustrated stock art. But I have the ability to create my own and Illustrator has been the biggest asset for me and the company. I also recently discovered that I can import photos and "illustrate them" (I know, where have I been). But that is a very neat and useful feature.

Illustrator review by Rommel L.
Rommel L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Create your CAI with Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

The tools where so good, giving you anything you wish for.

What do you dislike?

The hardware requirement to run the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the help of this application, I was able to create a CAI or the Computer Aided Instructions, for which some people don't know, examples of CAI are kiosk which the system anticipates the user's next move. I made a simple learning CAI for my friend's students. It helped them learn faster since it is very accessible to any of his students. For you people out there making new projects, this one is worth to try! You'll struggle at first but with the help of their resources found online, you'll get through with it! Resources are everywhere! you may look up for instructions or tutorials on youtube, or much better on google! unlimited! from people around the world! You'll not be alone. This is one of the best systems I have ever used in my life. Though this application also involves a little coding, but don't be afraid! its nothing you got this!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am able to create a CAI system or the computer-aided instructions which is going to be used by my friends students. It was about learning, simple system yet fascinating for the eyes of his students.

Illustrator review by Ryan V.
Ryan V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Adobe Illustrator 2017 CC"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is the best vector based program on the market. It allows me to create custom icons, clean graphics, art board and layer organization, variety of color palettes, and much more. For my job i use the program to create order forms for my company. You can see with the attached photo that i used the guides to outline the paper bleeds when printed. I also turn the grid on and snap to grid for precise placement of text, objects, logos, or general shapes. I works great with Adobe Photoshop when you have to bring vector objects into those project. I work heavily with After Effects and Illustrator allows me to bring in the actual .ai file and use the "continuous rasterize" button for clean edges. Otherwise I would have to save it as a jpeg or png and lose properties.

What do you dislike?

The image trace tool needs more options. I understand you can customize you settings, but I needs to be more precise. Sometimes clients have complicated logos and do not provide the right format. So i have to trace or recreate the logo from scratch. Image trace is easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the same versions of adobe. So I am using Adobe Illustrator 2017 CC. It is best to use all other software with the same version.

-Learn your hotkeys. This will same you time during repetitive tasks.

-Customize your window to suit your work station.

-Always save a backup as both the current version and older generation version.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Custom characters, icons, logos, objects. Ability to recreate complicated logos and animate them in Adobe After Effects. Our company has created all of our video and photo order forms with Illustrator. You cannot create these clean with Microsoft Word, or Adobe Photoshop. We have also created custom business cards, letterheads, and promotional handout materials because of illustrator. It really is a graphic artists paradise.

Illustrator review by Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Illustrator Review"

What do you like best?

It took me a couple years to really learn to love illustrator, and I am now a diehard fan. This program is so amazing for so many different reasons, and it has easily become my go-to when designing. I work with vector files daily, and this is the program to work with them. I have to create a lot of logos and diecut files for work, and being able to set up specific preferences for each type is key.

What do you dislike?

Tpyesetting is not always the easiest in this program, however it is doable

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have been able to use the "image trace" feature time and time again when I am sent flattened logo images instead of the preferred vector file to create a editable/workable logo. This has helped tremendously and has saved so much time in recreating artwork

Illustrator review by Taylor M.
Taylor M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Preferred Graphic Design Software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Illustrator is the ability to make anything in the program and have it become scalable. With photoshop, it would take hours to make something super tiny, become large. In this program you can fly right by that problem. I also love the ability it has to "trace" objects so you can make them scalable. I've received tiny little logos, and using that tool I was able to to clean up the logo and make it useable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that learning to use the tools is a little difficult, but most softwares of this nature are that way. Just like any other software the way you save your file makes a huge difference in the way that your file can be used and updated.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Illustrator allows me to create logos, banners, and other items needed for marketing and sales. It's great because I don't have to continually make multiple sizes or files of the same thing. I can change it easily and quickly to suit my needs.

Illustrator review by Christina S.
Christina S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great program for design"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of Adobe Illustrator is second to none. It is easy to create graphics and illustrations with the tools in Adobe Illustrator. My favorite tool to use is the new shape tool that allows you to draw shapes and morph them into each other to create other images. This tool simplifies the process of creating graphics immensely. Prior to this tool, I would use the pen tool to draw what I needed but, unless you're really good with curves, it was very tedious and took significan