Adobe Illustrator

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Work for Adobe Illustrator?

Learning about Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Showing 1779 Illustrator reviews
Illustrator review by <span>Daniel N.</span>
Daniel N.

Great Experience using Adobe Illustrator

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create graphics in Adobe Illustrator. In my field, I need to design graphics for multiple platforms and creating vectors in Adobe is the easiest way I know. It is simple to export the vectors in different resolutions and sizes as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the loading time of Adobe Illustrator. Sometimes it can take up to a couple minutes to just open up the program for me. I also dislike how hard it is to work with using touchscreen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is similar to other Adobe products so if you know another one, it will be easy to pick up Adobe Illustrator. There are not many high-quality alternatives to Adobe Illustrator that I know of so it is worth the investment. There are discount plans available for students, so students should take advantage of all Adobe products.

Adobe Illustrator allows me to create graphics necessary for my app, game, website designing. The benefits are that vectors are scalable and do not become pixelated, no matter how big or small the vector is.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator review by <span>Zachary M.</span>
Zachary M.

A Must Have Tool For All Graphic Designers

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the go-to tool for all professional graphic designers. Paying for Creative Crowd is an investment you will see an immediate return on. Their product is so easy to use, once you understand what you are doing. Illustrator isn't just a pickup and go tool. It does require a little base knowledge, but that can easily be found online, or in various books and classrooms.

I love being able to have an idea on pen and paper and copy it into illustrator, clean it up and have an actual vector image of something i doodled one day in my sketch book.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues, but Adobe is slowly resolving them. I cant think of them off hand but there are times I get frustrated with a lack of feature. Mostly because other CC products aren't as intuitive as Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just invest the money. Work hard and you will get a quick return on your investment. This is the one product you should use if you are professional designer.

Having a software to create perfect vector images. Photoshop lacks in that department, i know there are other solutions but the industry standard of Illustrator is #1!

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Illustrator review by <span>seuan l.</span>
seuan l.

Illustrator is the best for design!

What do you like best?

I've used adobe illustrator for years now. I loved how in the beginning it was so easy to learn and easy to use. There are so many videos on the adobe website not to mention on youtube if you want to learn more tips and tricks. After you learn the tricks you can do so many things with your designs. There are also shortcut keys so that cuts your design time down.

What do you dislike?

The pricing can be high, of course you get what you pay for and I'm sure that the prices being as such is what keeps adobe progressive and updating their software more frequently. Although it easy to learn I would say that when you learn from someone who is used to it, its nice to have them answer your questions all in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop and Indesign and you have the trifecta of design.

Better design means better advertisement. It creates great designs up to the limits of your imagination.

Illustrator review by <span>Sabrina R.</span>
Sabrina R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is simple to learn and user friendly. I love that you can create basically anything our business is in need of in one simple program. I feared purchasing adobe programs because I was under the assumption it would be hard to learn, but it was super simple.

What do you dislike?

The program is on the expensive side. Certain tools such as the eraser kind of miss the mark. When you click to erase something it isn't quite precise on what you click. There are small things such as this that aren't super detailed and you have to work with to make work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple program to design basic graphics, flyers, business cards, signs, etc this program is excellent!

We use illustrator in our office to design all of our marketing materials from business cards to banners. We create flyers for our events as well as coupons to pass out all year long.

Illustrator review by <span>K Young P.</span>
K Young P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator has been part of my daily life for past 15 years now, Adobe Illustrator is a must program to learn and familiarize for all graphic designers in the filed. I am more then fully aware that there are other programs that could replace Adobe Illustrator now, but at the end of the day, I find myself going back to Adobe Illustrator to solve my design problems.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator, although it is considered basic program for all designers, the high cost might come in as a handicap when it comes to completing with new design programs that are out and available. Also as the time passes the program itself will become very heavy and might become too much to handle, if computer itself in use is not up to standard requirements, there are many ways to use Adobe Illustrator lightly, but in doing so one might not be able fully utilize the full usage and potential of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If anyone are considering Adobe Illustrator, I would recommend for potential viewers to be patience, the usage itself might take a while to get used to, but once familial with program, the potential to be able to do with Adobe Illustrator is endless!

Adobe Illustrator is a daily driver program for basic design, such as typography, lay-outs, designing logos, multi layered animated images, just to name a few. When it comes to creating original digital based designs, Adobe Illustrator is a go to program, at least for my benefit I should say.

Illustrator review by <span>Sinly L.</span>
Sinly L.

Has replaced my Photoshop Usage

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

If you're familiar with photoshop then Illustrator will be very easy to take on. In case for designing marketing material for advertisements which involves more creative text placement Illustrator is much easier to work with.

What do you dislike?

Of course this is a huge program and when you are running multiple designs it can lag you down a bit. I wish that the tracing tools would be a little better on all the adobe products, but of course things can't be perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this if you are constantly producing marketing material and constantly changing it.

Marketing material has been much easier to update and to produce in general. If you want to tweak just one little thing or just personalize it and change it up it is definitely a lot easier than a lot of other products out there. If you are making marketing material that doesn't take up a lot of time and brings in more customers than that definitely is good for business. All of our clients have been happy with the convenience and the speed at which we are able to change their customized designs and advertising material.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Adobe Illustrator?

* We monitor all Adobe Illustrator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.