Adobe Illustrator

(1961)

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Work for Adobe Illustrator?

Learning about Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Showing 1961 Illustrator reviews
Illustrator review by <span>alan c.</span>
alan c.

vector=illustrator

What do you like best?

adobe illustrator is very popular and used by most of the digital artists when coming to dealing with vectors. as its really popular you can get access to tons of projects and designs online which makes your job much easier. the software is supported bu both mac and pc so there isn't a question about it. the output files size is also very small and can be easily shared with others. the program is part of the adobe creative cloud suites o you got a lot of benefits. you can easily update the application, as well as yo ucan access adobe digital library to get fonts and other design meterials easily.as its the part of the creative cloud it integrates well with other creative cloud products which is really helpful when you have to use multiple applications.another great thing is the ability to support multiple pages and i found it really helpful.

What do you dislike?

the illustrator needs a lot of memory to work properly. the pricing isn't cheap and most of the designers out there won't be able to afford the software.the software is really hard to learn for newbies, the interface can be overwhelming and takes time to know the tools and designing. photo editing is very limited when coming to illustrator. vectors can be easily exported into PSD format but the text layers cant be edited well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i highly recommend this product to anyone looking to work with vectors.

design and edit vector images.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator review by <span>Kate S.</span>
Kate S.

Best of the Best (or just what I'm used to?)

What do you like best?

There's SO MUCH you can do, what's not to like? I think the best aspect is that Illustrator keeps pushing the envelope for ease of creating amazing visuals. I also appreciate how Ai is linked to everything else in the Adobe world via Creative Cloud.

What do you dislike?

Updates sometimes throw me for a loop, so it can be hard to keep up with the various tools if you're not in there often. And it may sound crazy but I sometimes dislike how truly expansive the program is; there's honestly more than I need & I feel like I'm playing catch-up at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a big program and I'm still learning, even after using through school and into my career. I say it's the best, because I believe this to be a really powerful graphics program, but it's also one of those situations where I haven't used much else in this arena to compare. I don't think you'll go wrong in using, but it's a lot to chew on.

Graphic Design & the benefits are having professional results. We can do most if not all our projects in-house now.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Illustrator review by <span>Michael L.</span>
Michael L.

The main software of vector graphics

What do you like best?

Without Illiustrator I would be lost, I use it every day for various types of work involving the use of vector tools. I consider it complete from all points of view, both for the creation of logos and brand identity, for editorial design or for graphic interfaces. Extraordinary color management.

What do you dislike?

I have seen some software for creating fonts and I have to say that they have more or more accurate control in the use of anchor points or handles, it would be the flagship for software that is already an excellence and works very well with Photoshop and InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not change Illustrator with any other vector graphics software, because it is absolutely the most complete both from a technical and creative point of view, it has powerful tools concerning the coloring phase, and it works perfectly with Photoshop and InDesign, other software which a designer can not do without.

As mentioned, working as a graphic designer, I use Illustrator every day, to create logos, brand identity, posters or flyers, leaflets, graphic interfaces for websites or applications, graphics for Facebook or Instagram, or even to create illustrations or infographics.

Illustrator review by <span>Paul M.</span>
Paul M.

The best design product on the market

What do you like best?

I love that Adobe Illustrator allows you to create your own designs. The tools are excellent and there is a wealth of resources online. I have used free online software programs before, but they do not come close to what Adobe Illustrator allows you to do. I definitely think it is worth the price (I pay the monthly subscription rate) and once you get into Illustrator, it is easy to start learning Photoshop and InDesign.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike, except for it is very daunting at first. But once you get into the program more and get used to it, it is really an incredible product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone because while it may seem daunting to learn at first, there is such a wide variety of free resources available online. I think Illustrator is the most difficult Adobe design program to learn, but that is because the amount of creative freedom is amazing!

Creating designs for clients who are currently using Microsoft Word or other forms of software that do not create high quality designs or vectors.

Illustrator review by <span>Edgar R.</span>
Edgar R.

It is the best graphic design software, indispensable for any designer

What do you like best?

the tools for vectorization and digitization are great. The pen tool makes the vectorization work much easier and the editing options are almost endless, the texts can be edited even after transforming them into contours, in general lines it is very stable and intuitive

What do you dislike?

you need a powerful computer to operate optimally, the application of the effects can be a little complicated for beginners, the module to export files should be expanded in terms of the number of formats and definitely the software is very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is the best graphic design program in the market and it is a compulsory purchase if you are in the world of graphic design, great tools to vectorize, stability, excellent palette of colors, the limit is your imagination with this software you can do any design

I use it daily, I work as a freelancer designing t-shirts for about 2 years, in this software I have found all the tools to take my designs to a professional level

Illustrator review by <span>Sara H.</span>
Sara H.

Illustrator is my money-maker

What do you like best?

I use Adobe Illustrator for 80% of my design work. I love how easy the icons are to distinguish and that I can completely customize the layout of the tools. I love how easy it is to integrate images and files from the rest of the Adobe software products like Photoshop and InDesign.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that some of my settings as far as tools go, do not hold for the next time I open the program. I'm sure that is an easy fix but I have not been able to figure that out yet. This is minor and I basically love Illustrator!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a youtube tutorial video if you haven't had the opportunity to be fully trained. A professional program like Illustrator can be frustrating if you don't know how to utilize all of it's resources.

I own my own graphic design firm and use Adobe Illustrator for a majority of my design work. I couldn't do my job without it. It is very important that I can use the program with ease and meet my deadlines with my clients. And thanks to the great performance of the program, I am able to do this easily!

Learning about Adobe Illustrator?

* We monitor all Adobe Illustrator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.