Adobe Illustrator

(2,592)

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Work for Adobe Illustrator?

Learning about Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Showing 2,592 Illustrator reviews
Illustrator review by User in Marketing and Advertising
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator review by Hailey S.
Hailey S.

"Illustrator is the most robust and professional tool for vector graphics!"

What do you like best?

I love the wide variety of tools that make a wide variety of complicated techniques possible. The tools make design work clean and profession. It's easy to use once you learn and practice the tools making it quick and effective to export work. I love Adobe Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

The program is great for the most part, but there are small updates that could make it more user-friendly. It can be difficult to customize settings. For the most part though, I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best tool to use for professional Graphic Designers. It is the only program that can do custom vector design which is valuable for logos, illustrations, and a multitude of projects. I highly recommend investing in this tool if you a serious about a career in graphic design in any form.

It's easy to make a variety of sizes of graphics with different art boards. I can create things quickly and efficiently with the highest quality, so it has played a significant role in my productivity.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Illustrator review by Kassie H.
Kassie H.

"Best program I've used for creating original vector art"

What do you like best?

I like that Illustrator offers such a variety of tools to accomplish what you're trying to create. It's also easy to draw in Illustrator (with the pen or brush), and easy to create multiple art boards in one file so I can compare multiple versions of the same design side-by-side.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a "dislike", but the pathfinder options to join and clip objects are difficult for me. I know what they all do, but I have a hard time remembering which is which because of all the options. But I think that's more of a personal improvement to work on that a software criticism.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying the product with the free trial option before purchasing. There are other vector-based programs out there. Although Illustrator is perfect for my use, you might find a less expensive or less intensive program that is right for you.

Illustrator makes it easy for me to create custom vector art. I do our company's advertising and marketing, and I like to create content from scratch. Illustrator solves that by easily allowing me to create on screen everything that I had in my mind.

Illustrator review by Adriana S.
Adriana S.

"Professional drafts and free designs with the highest quality."

What do you like best?

Practically the canvas you have on the work table allows incredible maneuverability, you can work in an attractive way creating prototypes of editable designs to facilitate your standard designs thanks to the work with vectors, the editions of each format are maximum, you can also find enough templates In which you can work and save your time in the creation of complex designs, its ecencia is to offer a detailed work in three-dimensional formats so as not to lose any detail.

What do you dislike?

Nesting capabilities can often be complex, it is not as easy as in other editions of Adobe, it works with different elements so you can have a complete edition, because many of the tools are very specific, you must have good practices and time with this editor to be able to do a professional job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The designs are better and brighter to create elements from scratch, elements such as logos and icons are perfect for working with Adobe Illustrator, if you get used to it you will have excellent designs.

I work under design vectors and this tool is excellent for that, it offers a better performance with an incredible quality, it also provides a varied workflow in the same work table, it allows to work with several canvases and to keep each element different from the other. Work for free thanks to that.

Illustrator review by Riley A.
Riley A.

"Major player in design toolkit"

What do you like best?

While illustrating simple shapes are possible in other Adobe programs, there is no tool more powerful than Illustrator. Once you master the pen tool, you're set for life. It's an integral part of my workflow and I can't imagine using anything else.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator has the common Adobe problem in that a lot of the tools work differently than other programs. For example, if you're used to using the Gradient Tool in Photoshop, you're going to have some hiccups when you attempt to do it in Illustrator. Not to say it's worse than others, just requires some adapting. One of my least favorite times this happens is when I need to add a simple drop shadow. The tool is way less intuitive than Photoshop's. I also wish there was a more simple Skew/Warp mechanism in Illustrator. Sometimes I'm not trying to move individual points and just want to warp the shape as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the pen tool! There are some cool games online where you try to trace a shape using as few anchor points as possible. That's how I got good!

I use AI a lot to create illustrations that my company uses on social media and other channels. I can import these files into After Effects and animate them, too.

Illustrator review by Patty A. C.
Patty A. C.

"The best vector graphics editor"

What do you like best?

It has an excellent interface, is very structured and efficiently organizes the work for graphic designers. It has an innovative color adjustment and has many options that can be applied to a group of colors. It is a standard in the industry and for this reason perfectly mastering this software guarantees a good job as a graphic designer.

What do you dislike?

It is a heavy program, especially in the latest version so you must have a lot of RAM to work correctly. The alignment of objects presents errors eventually, I do not know if it is a bug but sometimes the objects are not aligned correctly. The learning curve is a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite its high price I highly recommend it. It is worth to fully master this software.

This software is a world reference in terms of vector edition is concerned. It is very complete, stable and very intuitive. There is an immense amount of documentation available on the web. In my business we use it in the graphic design department and it is one of the most useful in the company.

Illustrator review by Andrés Alberto A.
Andrés Alberto A.

"The best application to create logos, illustrations and other things. For example, sales funnels, pr"

What do you like best?

I love creating fonts, logos and illustrations of people. Without a doubt, since I started using it, I fell in love with the illustrator. It also has many advantages for my company, such as the creation of sales funnels, timelines, among other things.

One of my skills with this application is the creation of illustrations for people. I have already created a community of people who want you to use this application to make your illustrations.

I am currently focusing on typefaces and in just 30 min I create spectacular designs that many people are left crazy

What do you dislike?

When a brush is added, the stroke is restored to 1 pt and this is very uncomfortable since it should be the same as the last stroke.

No color selector when double clicking on the color palette

lack of dedicated duplicate button. This would make it much easier when working

The color picker takes the color of the edge of the selected color (so you can choose a solid color for the border)

The layers are not nested in design tables. Everything about layers and groups is weird.

In the version that we have other inconveniences but I am sure that for new versions everything will be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

For all people who want to start creating new logos for your company or for personal use, I recommend this application. It also gives you lots of sales and helps you create new things that you could not before due to limitations. Many people try to create figures in powerpoint, logos but when they discover ilustrator is the best

With respect to the company we have solved many inconveniences. For example, when we have to make presentations, we have used illustrator to create forms such as sales funnels, processes that help us make a more beautiful and efficient presentation. Also for social networking issues has also helped us a lot.

One of the important things is that our logos was pixelated and we could convert it to a vector with the help of this program. That is, our logos are in a low resolution and what we did was edit it using the tools as a pen and create a new logo

Illustrator review by Lori H.
Lori H.

"Daily Use"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is constantly updated now with the Creative Cloud subscription. They are constantly coming out with something new that I may be able to use to make my work go faster. I like that they usually do not take away things they had before, instead they add it.

What do you dislike?

I also sometimes dislike the new additions. Sometimes they like to move menus around and make them look different with new updates. It makes jumping back into a project a little hard at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest getting the CC subscription and using their tutorials or Lynda.com's tutorials to learn in the most quick and efficient way. Learning the pen tool first is one of the biggest and hardest things in Illustrator.

I design most of my stuff in Illustrator. One of the things is my emails that then get loaded into MailChimp. I like that I can chop up an artboard to make different sections. Obviously, I also use Illustrator for vector work. This includes just about anything that has type as I want everything to be sharp and scalable.

Illustrator review by Christina E.
Christina E.

"Easy scalable art for logos and more"

What do you like best?

Line tweaking has become so easy with handles for corner radius in addition to the handles that control individual curves. And Live Paint has always been great for handling flat shapes; I use it frequently when I want to create a solid background or an unbroken outline.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more intuitive or more customizable snap functionality; i still have trouble getting things *exactly* where I want them sometimes without a lot of nitpicky fiddling. Snap To Point, for example, just doesn't seem to work the way I want it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely feel that Adobe Illustrator is the best product on the market right now for professional vector based work. Simply for familiarity and interoperability with the rest of their suite, which I don't feel other option can provide.

Illustrator lets me quickly mock up clean designs for everything from logos to product illustrations to print collateral, without wasting time on complicated renderings or distracting stakeholders with messy sketches. We have definitely realized the benefit of decreased time spent on prototyping & iterating, and increased productivity as a result.

Illustrator review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Useful only for some fields"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that Adobe Illustrator can be a great tool for branding or even rebranding from the beginning to the very end. With Adobe Illustrator, I can create new logos and banners for my company, which can be great if your company is new and doesn't have the resources for professional branding services!

What do you dislike?

What I really dislike is that besides UX Design, Adobe Illustrator was only useful for a few things for me personally, such as logo and banner creation. Or else, as a marketer, I didn't find Adobe Illustrator useful for much else and personally think InDesign is a better alternative if you're in the field of marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good for certain things and not so great for other things. I'd highly reccomend using the Adobe Illustrator free trial to evaluate whether or not this would be a good program to use for your company specifically, depending on the needs of your company.

Adobe Illustrator allows people to create content for their brand imaging, whether it be logos or visuals. A business problem that we solved with Adobe illustrator is creating a brand new logo to better reflect our company. A benefit we realized is that our images for branding look very high quality and amazing!

Illustrator review by Ciera E.
Ciera E.

"Illustrator is the Best"

What do you like best?

I use Illustrator for every project. You can create anything in this program, accept video, but you can create graphics for it. There are so many tricks I have learned over the years in this program to make my designs even better than before. I recommend this program out of all the other Adobe Suite programs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Illustrator is the minor glitches that happen with my program. Adobe is pretty good about fixing any issues though in their updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google, Adobe, and YouTube will always have the answer to any issues or inquires about Illustrator. It seems overwhelming with all of the possibilities and tools, but it gets easier as you use it. Also, knowing the keyboard short cuts is a huge help!

I am giving my company not only the designs for our clothing, but also marketing materials. This is a must have program.

Illustrator review by Pedro M.
Pedro M.

"The illustrator in my company is like a partner. When I need it it's there to help me get good resul"

What do you like best?

In the empersas we work with pamphlets, posters, brochures, cards and a number of formats for printing and promote companies and products. Without good software it is almost impossible. This is where Illustrator becomes indispensable.

If you want to be a leader in your business area do the best with the best.

The illustrator has proven to be one of the best.

It is a known image format and you can send it to a professional for review and adjustment if you need help.

I love all the flexibility of manipulating vectors, from 3D, text, filters,

and sizing without loss of quality.

What do you dislike?

Being a powerful and complex tool, your learning curve is long.

For beginners, it can be somewhat frustrating not to have immediate results, as we often expect.

The price is also not the most inviting. But the result is very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usa o melhor software do mercado para trabalhar vectores e desenho gráfico.

O melhor tem um nome, e chama-se Illustrator.

As simple as that.

We use the software to build all the company's vector print formats.

Promotional product posters, product brochures, up to business cards.

We work vector graphics for the best resolution and scaling in sizes, and we integrate later in other tools.

With Good Illustrator results are guaranteed.

Illustrator review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"We use it for graphic design and it's the Gold Standard for a reason."

What do you like best?

There is a tremendous amount of help out there from not only Adobe but FB groups and forums as well. It's a large community. It creates vector graphics that can be resized for any size design or print. I like that it's widely used so it's easy to send files to other designers if needed and they have the software to read it.

What do you dislike?

I have heard people say they don't like it because it's a big learning curve. We didn't find this to be true but that's because we are in the design industry. So I guess it's not going to be a good fit for a non designer is all. There isn't anything I have found that it cannot do, so I don't dislike anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a GOOD course for less than $20 on Udemy to get through the learning curve on this product and it's very easy and fun to use! I know most people believe it to have a huge learning curve. And that can be true for non designers if you don't get the proper tutorials or instruction. You might need to consider cost on this software too though. Through Adobe if you use CC it's about $20 a month on its own.

This is the primary software we use for all of our graphic design and T-shirt design. It's used across the industry and well known by everyone. We use this for very large graphic design projects.

Illustrator review by Mollee W.
Mollee W.

"My go to since college"

What do you like best?

I use this to make all my invitations, fliers, posters, even my silhouettes, for my small business. I have an older version, CS6, to be exact and I love that it's already paid for. I own it and that's that. I dont have to pay monthly or an annually to use it. It's got a learning curve but I learned it all through college courses plus my old pal, Google.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that now it's a monthly payment in order to use it. That's holding me back from upgrading my computer, I don't want to lose the fact that i own it outright. Other than that, Illustrator CS6 is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're struggling, Google search your problem. I can almost guarantee someone else will have your answer!

I'm able to create all kinds of different graphic pieces without switching programs. It's kind of a one stop shop. I also can find any and all trouble shooting online. Since I work alone, its helpful if I can find all the answers myself. I have no higher ups to ask.

Illustrator review by Lecxy Marianny B.
Lecxy Marianny B.

"a complete software for the creation of unique and beautiful designs."

What do you like best?

the program is a very complete software for the realization of customized designs, the program is light since it consumes few resources of the system, there is a good balance between the memory and the consumption of resources, in general the images do not lose quality transforming them to others types of files since the software uses unique adobe technology, the software is characterized by being one of the best programs for the realization of vectorial graphics, which has the advantage that maintains its quality when scaled, an advantage is the easy handling of the shortcuts of the keyboard that the program has, which facilitates productivity and saves time.

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to be an expert to take advantage of all the potentialities and characteristics of the program, which forces many users to use an external program for the realization of some task that can be done with the same software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Adobe Illustrator since I consider it the best program for the realization of graphic designs using vector graphics, although the program is complex once you fully handle it and you will notice the quick way of working, since you have many options for increase in productivity and with each update receives improvements that make the program the reference in vector graphics software.

adobe illustrator is the program that we use for the creation of logos and the different designs in the mayor's office, although the program is complex we have a team well trained in the management of the program, which has allowed us to make unique innovative designs that have cataloged us as the best in the field of design, the program is of almost obligatory use since the images tend to be vectorial thanks to the advantage of image scaling and practically no loss of quality.

Illustrator review by Jaime T.
Jaime T.

"Amazing edit program!"

What do you like best?

As a designer who learned design with this program, I love Adobe Illustrator, where I can truly let my creativity rise with vector design, which I always try to combine with vectorized photographs by its sublime transformation instrument and perspectives to give a modern image. It has a total composition with Photoshop, the photo editing tool that we use, allowing the use of native file formats in each of them and also can be obtained in the same package. (Adobe Creative Cloud) Perfect for use both for web design and for printed material.

What do you dislike?

I think that the placement could be redistribiur better, since the most advanced tools I think they should put them more in view, since sometimes it is very embarrassing to research this sample of advanced Adobe Illustrator tools, and I just lost time until I find out what what do I want. I also do not like that when I open the adobe illustrator application next to another, the computer starts to overheat. This obviously will not be an obstacle for people who have a new computer and with the best components.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Illustrator wrapper, many other portrait, vector or video editing software and all can be useful enough for the marketing district of a company. They were already very expensive programs and a significant investment, today with a contract and everything they include, is an unbeatable amount for the price.

My industry mode tends to be more advanced and fine, so this program helps me adjust the skills that are developed in more traditional skill ways with a digital mode so that my skill looks professional. Having scalable portraits is one of the most important needs that companies have, and creating files for my work is decisive and has earned me the aspects that I value most about this product.

Illustrator review by Stephen K.
Stephen K.

"Great for creating vector images."

What do you like best?

It's great for creating graphics that can be used in other Adobe Creative Cloud applications or even other non-adobe software applications. It's very powerful software that allows the user to be very creative. Tight integration with the other Adobe Creative Cloud applications is very helpful when using Illustrator elements in the other Adobe applications.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike, and it's not that big of a problem, is that it requires training to fully understand and use. It's powerful software and the user needs to understand the scope of what it can do before being able to fully utilize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create vector art for use in other applications, I would highly recommend Adobe Illustrator. It is the standard by which other applications are judged.

Instead of having to search for very specific graphics and pay for them, our design staff can very easily create the vector images that they need. It's become an indispensable tool for our team.

Illustrator review by Ansell L.
Ansell L.

"The best for illustrations & logo design"

What do you like best?

1. I love Illustrator for creating vector graphics, its so easy to use Illustrator.

2. It is also helpful for SVG illustrations for the web

3. Illustrator has soo many options that you can do almost anything with it and they keep on updating it with more features so its always on the right track.

What do you dislike?

Everything is pretty much good for now with Illustrator, i would think if they could incorporate code extractions for animated illustration would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Illustrator is a great tool if you want to do custom Illustrations and also for icon creations.

2. It is also good if you want to create huge poster/ hoardings which have to be printed on large scale

3. The files size also created on this Illustrator is very small, hence it is easy to transfer

4. Illustrator has a lot of brushes and many extra features which can take your Illustrations to a whole new level.

Do you like doodles or Illustrating ?? Than just go for Illustrator!

1. Illustrator helps us to create wonderful illustrations for our products and websites and also for others too, 2. The SVG format helps us to scale to whatever lever of size we need to, without a worry that the vectors

will get blur or not.

3. Illustrator also helps alot when companies need specific custom Illustrations to be done and to convey their ideas through beautiful Illustrations.

4. Apart from Illustration we also create a lot of SVG icons in Illustrator.

Illustrator review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"The Standard, Hampered by UI Changes"

What do you like best?

Considered the go-to tool for graphic designers working in vector formats, Illustrator provides the core set of tool required for more print and digital design professionals to complete their work and collaborate with other designers. Compatibility is really the strongest argument for using Illustrator, though, which is faint praise.

What do you dislike?

From user interface (UI) changes that break workflow on a version-to-version basis, to software bloat and bugginess, Illustrator is hard to recommend for daily production use in 2018.

While once considered the "killer app" for Mac OS / Apple users, Adobe has consistently shown that they are uninterested in supporting Mac OS since releasing Creative Suite. We recommend that our system administrators hold off on OS updates until Adobe is able to release stable versions that work with our systems, which usually entails waiting a few months. UI feels like an after-thought on Mac OS and dialogues that should provide functionality often go nowhere on initial releases.

The net result is a poor experience that changes on a whim.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every serious artist or designer should have a copy of Illustrator / Creative Cloud, but I don't recommend using it for production work if you don't have to.

Our primary use case is producing art assets for digital marketing initiatives and print collateral to go along with our campaigns. Illustrator allows us to easily work collaboratively with freelancers who, by nature of Adobe's market share, also use the Creative Cloud set of tools. Because Creative Cloud provides constant access to the same versions of software for all subscribers, we don't run into problems with file compatibility as often as we once did.

Illustrator review by Dani R.
Dani R.

"Nearly Perfect Application"

What do you like best?

Illustrator was the first Adobe program I learned how to use. Remarkably, it's pretty easy to pick up. There are only a few tools you *need* to know how to use off the bat. One of the best things about Illustrator is that it can do a lot of work for you; it can automatically smooth out a line with no problem.

I've mainly used Illustrator to create simple sprites, characters and objects to use in video work. Illustrator's built-in connectivity with Creative Cloud means you can copy and paste paths between applications, which makes that connection seamless.

As well, I use Illustrator whenever I'm doing wordart or making logos. It is BRILLIANT for that.

What do you dislike?

There are times when you feel like you have to wrestle with Illustrator. It needs to be easier to turn snapping on and off; it needs to be simpler to create a symmetrical image. Having to go through endless menus to get what you want can get tedious, but even then, I seldom have to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They occasionally release a huge update that is IMMENSELY helpful, so keep your eyes open for that.

Besides that... use the live paint tool!

I use Illustrator when creating simple motion graphics. Illustrator is GREAT for this. Usually, my process is to separate a character/object I need to animate into separate layers. I can import the illustrator file in After Effects, or I can export each layer individually, which can be easier for After Effects sometimes.

Illustrator review by Nicholas B.
Nicholas B.

"Adobe Illustrator is perfect for graphic design"

What do you like best?

As an architect who learned plan with that program, I adore Adobe Illustrator, where I can truly give my innovativeness a chance to fly with vector design, which I generally attempt to blend with vectorized photos for its incredible change instrument and points of view to give a cutting edge picture. It has an aggregate joining with Photoshop, the photograph altering instrument we utilize, permitting the utilization of local document organizes in every one of them and can likewise be gotten in a similar bundle

What do you dislike?

I think the application could be redistributed better, since I figure the further developed devices ought to be more unmistakable, on the grounds that occasionally it's very awkward to search for this sort of cutting edge adobe Illustrator instruments, and I wind up sitting around idly until the point that I find what I need. I additionally don't care for that when I open the adobe artist application alongside some other, the PC begins to overheat. This clearly won't be an obstacle for individuals who have another PC with the best parts. Obviously, you should attempt to fathom this with the goal that you can work speedier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prescribe you to make the move to this program. I realize that toward the starting it's a smart thought to begin with another program that you've never utilized, all things considered, the distinction with different projects in a similar division is exceptionally perceptible.

Plan for exchange reasonable stands and covers for lists and value records, outline of logos and re-arranged words, making of designs for laser etching of the serial number on items, bundling, and so forth.

Illustrator review by Chelisa A.
Chelisa A.

"A platform with all the tools to create your designs."

What do you like best?

It's an excellent program to create the best vectors or design for your professional work. In my opinion, adobe illustrator is the best program of all that adobe that exists. Digital design is more easy with Adobe Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

I use 2 computers for my work is a Lenovo yoga laptop and for my personal use is a MacBook Air. When I use the Lenovo sometime the platform close because I have Adobe XD and photoshop open and Illustrator is the main tool that I'm using to make things in the other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To have an easy way to the layers. I like a lot the platform but something I lose one layer and I need to see step by step to see what's my error. I love the canvas, everything. As I said is one of the best platform that Adobe has created.

To make every single vector by my own and no downloading for stock websites and make my single vector and be creative all the time. I can explore my creativity in a high way with Illustrator, the tools that are in the platform are the best tools to make everything.

Illustrator review by Katharine L.
Katharine L.

"Essenziale per il tuo lavoro"

What do you like best?

Versatilità e capacità di produrre vari contenuti di marketing. Lo uso per banner, loghi, immagini promozionali, design di siti web e qualsiasi altra cosa necessaria per il mio lavoro. E 'bello avere uno strumento che può produrre varie cose, alcune delle quali non sono il suo obiettivo primario. Illustrator rende possibile tutto ciò che si potrebbe immaginare di fare, sia attraverso strumenti diretti o almeno attraverso l'automazione. E c'è un robusto mercato di terze parti là fuori anche per tutto il resto.

What do you dislike?

E 'un po' difficile da usare in un primo momento, soprattutto se non hai usato i prodotti adobe prima. Quindi c'è un po' di curva di apprendimento che può essere accelerata con innumerevoli tutorial su internet. Personalmente ho seguito un corso per illustratori per imparare a conoscere lo strumento e a familiarizzarmi con il suo utilizzo quotidiano. Quindi sarebbe bello se fosse un po 'più facile da usare e più facile da usare per i primi timer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Controlla alcuni tutorial su YouTube prima di impegnarti con l'illustratore. In questo modo non sarete intimiditi una volta che lo avete e migliorare la vostra simpatia per avere successo con lo strumento. Personalmente l'ho trovato confuso e difficile da usare nei primi giorni.

Illustrator mi aiuta con tutto il materiale promozionale necessario per i miei banner aziendali, progettazione di siti web, immagini di blog, ecc. Posso fare tutto in un unico posto con un unico strumento senza bisogno di imparare e noi molteplici soluzioni.

Illustrator review by Irina G.
Irina G.

"Une diseño vectorial y fotos a la perfección"

What do you like best?

Como diseñadora que aprendió diseño con ese programa, me encanta Adobe Illustrator, donde puedo realmente dejar mi creatividad volar con diseño vectorial, que siempre intento mezclar con fotografías vectorizadas por su excelente herramienta de conversión y perspectivas para dar una imagen moderna. Tiene una integración total con Photoshop, la herramienta de edición de fotos que utilizamos, permitiendo el uso de formatos de archivos nativos en cada uno de ellos y ademas pueden ser obtenidos en el mismo paquete. (Adobe Creative Cloud)

Perfecto para la utilización tanto para diseño web cuanto para material impreso.

What do you dislike?

La compatibilidad de su formato de archivo: Otros programas de diseño vectorial que utilice eran principalmente programas gratuitos que intente utilizar para editar archivos de Illustrator en algún apuro, eran notablemente inferiores pero normalmente no conseguía ni abrir el archivo original...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es la mejor opción si trabajas tanto con imágenes cuanto con vectores, o/y utilizas Photoshop.

Principalmente diseño gráfico, junto a Photoshop, hacemos diseño para nuestras paginas así como material de soporte de Marketing, Illustrator, son las herramientas que nos permiten crear todo el material gráfico necesario para nuestra empresa.

Illustrator review by Khanh T.
Khanh T.

"Nothing Beats Adobe Illustrator!"

What do you like best?

Very powerful software that allow graphic designers to create basically anything. The newer version keeps getting more user friendlier and more powerful tools. It does take sometime to learn and the in's and out's but once you get a hang of it, it can be very fun. It offers so many tools and features that one can never learn it completely!

What do you dislike?

It can be very overwhelming at first when you're new to it and don't know what you're doing. And also because there are so many tools and features, you can feel overwhelmed and discouraged if you're still new and trying to learn it all, which is really impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great and powerful software that is very popular among designers (I can't think of any designers who hasn't used it or heard of it????). Take your time to learn, it can be very overwhelming at first.

Basically any problems that requires illustration and designing works.

Illustrator review by Jaime G.
Jaime G.

"Adobe Illustrator es perfecto para el diseño gráfico"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de Adobe Illustrator es que si no sabes hacer una cosa en este programa, es tan simple como buscarlo en internet y al minuto ya sabes hacer lo que querías. Esto lógicamente es debido porque Adobe Illustrator es sin duda para mi la mejor aplicación del sector del diseño gráfico ya que se puede aprender muy rápido, y eso que tiene herramientas bastante avanzadas. También hay muchos plugins que siempre vienen de maravilla a la hora de realizar los pedidos de mis clientes.

What do you dislike?

Creo que la aplicación se podría redistribiur mejor, ya que las herramientas más avanzadas pienso que deberían de ponerlas más a la vista, porque algunas veces es bastante incómodo buscar este tipo de herramientas avanzadas de adobe Illustrator, y acabo perdiendo tiempo hasta que encuentro lo que deseo. Tampoco me gusta que cuando abro la aplicación de adobe illustrator junto con alguna otra, el ordenador empieza a sobrecalentarse. Esto obviamente no será un impedimento para personas que tengan un ordenador nuevo y con los mejores componentes. Se debería intentar solucionar esto desde luego para poder trabajar más rápido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Les recomiendo dar el paso a este programa. Sé que al principio da prereza empezar con un programa nuevo que nunca has usado, pero de verdad, se nota mucho la diferencia con respecto a otros programas del mismo sector.

Lo utilizo para el trabajo de diseño gráfico: crear logotipos, banners, etc. Me ayuda a organizar los trabajos guardados en adobe illustrator de una manera bastante cómoda.

Illustrator review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Illustrator Still Coin of the Realm"

What do you like best?

As an Adobe user, one thing I like about most of the applications in Creative Suite is that standardization of many key commands across different apps. This way, switching from one app to another or learning a new app is much more intuitive. Specifically, with Illustrator, I love the levels of control it provides, from layers to working live within clipping masks. I also like that it plays nice (most of the time) with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.

What do you dislike?

Some of the places where standard Adobe key commands do not work or are used for different functions. I believe (I may be wrong) Illustrator uses a different type engine than InDesign, so sometimes moving text from one to the other can create some very wonky results. Not much besides that.

Creating resolution-independent vector artwork for logos, illustrations, and large format printing.As we are a museum, I often use it to create the designs for large format displays and exhibits. This allows up to avoid type errors or image pixelization when we send our work to a large variety of print providers.

Illustrator review by Jose T.
Jose T.

"the best tool for design"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is that it is a wonderful tool to pass the ideas from my mind to the computer, vectorize all my ideas to show them to my clients. is a good software to start in the world of design, brings many tools that will help you shape your ideas also brings a very striking interface when using it, in general is a very good software one of the favorites among graphic designers.

What do you dislike?

On certain occasions when I try to open it I get an error which does not let me start the program, this has happened to me many times and I have to search for help online and every time I get that error I must download a winrrar file that the program fixes me and I can use it again

Recommendations to others considering the product

who use it is an excellent way to start in the world of digital design

As a design student, she helped me to deliver my work on time and also to create new logos for my clients

Illustrator review by Ana R.
Ana R.

"El lider indiscutible de edicion vectorial"

What do you like best?

Es el software de edición vectorial por excelencia, la conversión de imágenes vectores es excelente y utilizamos con mucha frecuencia para poder utilizar imágenes sin resolución suficiente en impresiones de tamaños muy grandes para ferias y eventos. Soporta una infinidad de formatos y sus archivos son, por defecto compatibles son lectores PDF (si, puedes renombrar archivos .AI a .PDF y cualquiera podrá verlos)

What do you dislike?

Podría tener un mejor soporte para tablas, aunque Indesign sea el programa de la misma familia mas indicado para trabajar con tablas, hay ocasiones que hace falta insertarlas en artes hechas en Illustrator y su soporte es bastante limitado (o inexistente)

Recommendations to others considering the product

El paquete Creative Cloud ofrece, junto a Illustrator, muchos otros softwares de edición de imagen, vectores o vídeo y todos pueden resultar bastante útiles para el departamento de marketing de una empresa. Ya fueron programas muy caros y una inversión importante, hoy con subscripción y todo lo que incluyen, es un valor imbatible por el precio.

Diseño para stands de ferias y portadas para catálogos y tarifas de precios, diseño de logotipos y anagramas, creación de layouts para grabación a laser del numero de serie en los productos, embalajes, etc.

Illustrator review by Grace H.
Grace H.

"Great software for creating any type of design material"

What do you like best?

I love the pen tool. Not only can you make amazing illustrations with it, you can use to make precise masks to be used with photo images as well. With the pe tool, I can easily created icon sets and various styles of illustratrations with ease. Illustrator also does an amazing job of organizing and exporting artwork with its new updates, and I appreciate the new additions to the toolbar as well.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator has some lagging sometimes when it comes to aligning things by dragging. Although the aligning tools can be used for that, it would still be great if aligning was as precise and automatic as InDesign. Also, Illustrator has a hard time precisely moving, transforming objects to a certain point when dragging, and sometimes exports an artboard with sizes off by one pixel from the arranged size, which I have not figured out how to fix yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is a great tool in design for those just starting to learn graphic design, as it is the easiest program from Adobe's programs to step into. I honestly believe it is easier to use than Photoshop, and can definitely yield more of a variety of artwork than other programs. I highly recommend using as a professional tool as well due to its ease of use and endless creative possibilities.

With Illustrator, I am able to provide visual mockups for all projects for my marketing team in a quick turnaround time. These projects include ads, newsletters, and web designs.

Illustrator review by Rosana Ivet P.
Rosana Ivet P.

"Adobe Illustrator: The #1 for graphics designers"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a complete design software and the structure of the program allows to understand and used it immediately. Besides, has a lot of tools to create illustrations from scratch with no need of a digitalized sketch, in case you have a moment of inspiration. The mesh tool allows to apply shades and brightness in different colors and the result is a beautiful illustration that depends on how you want to do it so that the illustration looks more and more realistic. In other ways, the perspective grid tool is amazing to create 3D art because it is easy to use, and you can work one side and then the other with more precision and closely to your vision. Of course, the basic tools such as the pen, pencil, brushes, symbols, text and others are also useful and, without those the work will look poorly made. What I like the most is the way in which you can draw and fix that drawing and end with a cleaner and high-quality job, that might not look like you first pictured, but better, and all because of the functions and tools that allow to create different types of drawings whether realistic, comic-styled, pictures, vectors and any other kind of illustrations.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator is the best honestly, but if I must talk about something I dislike, it would be the moment in which I need to use a picture or edit photos. You need to be careful and save all the photos in case you open the original file in another computer. Besides, the editing and effects functions are very basic, and it shows on the work. I think is better to use illustrator only for drawing and use photoshop for the pictures you want to edit and then import to illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is a complete design software with all the functions and tools that make your work better than you expect.

Adobe Illustrator together with photoshop are the programs that I use daily to design any requested work. Illustrator allowed me to present works with clean and high quality lines and forms, as well as being able to present and explain all the work done in an easier way. I use it every time I have a job, it is perfect to vectorize and design logos, drawings, icons, among other things that are necessary for the image of a client. The first time I used it was to create the logo and icons for an online store on Instagram; I was able to recreate the logo and improve the client's vision in the first meeting, because with Illustrator, it is easier to understand the creative process and draw at the moment of having fresh ideas.

Illustrator review by Vladimir G.
Vladimir G.

"Illustrator for the win"

What do you like best?

I love the layers work a bit differently than photoshop. In photoshop, each object is a new separate layer on its own. In illustrator it is up to you how many objects you have in each layer and that you can layer objects or groups easily within the selected layer. I wish photoshop would work the same way :-)

What do you dislike?

I use keyboard shortcuts for various functions a lot using illustrator and sometimes I work too fast and misclick a different letter than I intended. Usually its fine but sometimes this exact combination is set for something else and the whole setting if my illustrator changes and I have no clue what the hell I pressed and how to turn it back off for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it..there is no better software for illustrating and vector work out there..

I use it for everything I do for my work..literally, everything. I prefer illustrator to such extent that I use it for tasks that are much better performed in photoshop or indesign.

Illustrator review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"Illustrator is among the best in vector design"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, especially in CC. The program has come a very long way since CS3. It's a breeze to use. Its "Image Trace" feature has exponentially changed over the years and has become extremely reliable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface. At times, it seems a little too cumbersome and clunky with far too many options. I always have to adjust my workspace to get it to where I want it to be and sometimes it just randomly resets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're not trying to use it as Photoshop. A lot of people make this mistake at first. This is best used for vector drawing and logo design. InDesign is great for print, too. Use the right software the first time and you'll be able to do well with this program.

We're solving all of our internal design needs as well as being able to scale up for signage and so forth. It's been great.

Illustrator review by Alexandria E.
Alexandria E.

"Very Versatile Program"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a very versatile program. It makes working with things such as basic shapes and lines interesting in the way that once you get the hang of the program, you can produce some very complex things. The program has a lot of built in future for making unique patterns or digital illustrations. What I like best is the when you output the graphic in vector format, it is scalable and can then be used for various purposes.

What do you dislike?

I wish Illustrator has more intuitive features when it comes to custom brushes. I do some digital illustration and the brush tool panel in illustrator is not as user-friendly and versatile as that in Photoshop.

I create brand identity solutions with the Adobe Illustrator program in the form of logos and supporting collateral. Because Illustrators can output vector graphics (as opposed to raster such as in Photoshop). This creates a versatile file that clients can use for whatever they wish to have different materials made.

Illustrator review by Rosemary R.
Rosemary R.

"Illustrator has the most tools and options for customization"

What do you like best?

I've taught Illustrator for two years as a high school Digital Design teacher. Like all of the Adobe programs, it's undeniably steep learning curve can be intimidating for my students, so I have to get creative with activities that introduce them to the tools one-by-one. However, I know almost all of the tools Illustrator has to offer, and it is A LOT! You can create pretty much anything at all in Illustrator. It's perfect for creating high-quality images for my school's website, where everything needs to be scalable.

What do you dislike?

Like I mentioned above, it has an extremely steep learning curve. I've been using Illustrator on a daily basis for two years, and I still don't know everything. That, however, is to be expected with this industry standard software.

While it is difficult and time-consuming to learn how to use Illustrator, my students can use it to create almost anything they can imagine in their minds, which is a captivating motivator for them.

Illustrator review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"Creating Graphics Couldn't Be Easier"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard for creating a wide range of eye-grabbing illustrations, graphics, 3D, and much more. With all of the upgrades year over year leading to the Creative Cloud (CC) edition it gets even more simple to take advantage of everything Illustrator has to offer.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much to say except that with all advanced illustration software products it is a good idea to keep on top of the updates. I do that by visiting my local library and checking out a copy of Adobe's book "Ai: Illustrator CC" [current edition]. I skim thru the chapters and assignments for things I need and in a few hours I am up to date on all of the shortcuts, updates and new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Order a 1-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud -- discounts available for students. Evaluate the product and see all that it has to offer!

I work in desktop publishing and there is a tendency to grab graphics and illustrations from the web. This is a huge mistake that not only reduces the uniqueness of your creative solution but could very easily violate copyright laws. Illustrator enables me to create my own versions of everything from object images to area maps while avoiding any potential risk or royalty payment obligations.

Illustrator review by Grace G.
Grace G.

"Easy to use Great Graphics"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create graphics. I can even create 3D graphics easily with the program. You can also import and edit a PDF file directly.

Vector drawing is great because you can scale them up to whatever size you want. It allows us to print large posters that have high resolution.

There are a lot of free vectors available for downloads.

What do you dislike?

You have to either pay a lot for a version that will be outdated within two years or subscribe to the Creative Cloud.

If you are not familiar with vector illustrations, it may take some time to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are education and corporation discounts for the Creative Cloud subscription. You also get access to other programs like Lightroom, Photoshop, and InDesign.

For beginners, there are also a lot of resources on YouTube that shows different tricks.

We want to create attractive posters and AI allows us to do just that efficiently

Illustrator review by inTec M.
inTec M.

"Adobe Illustrator Is A Necessity for our business"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use and vast level of options, tools and filters that come available with the stock application. The ability to create vectored images for our customers branding needs are very important and they fact that the process is easy to accomplish is important for our employees to maintain efficiency and complete large volumes of work in shorter periods of time - this is the pattern with most other photo editing and design applications as the learning curve with Illustrator is easier than most.

What do you dislike?

The one complaint we continue to receive when talking to our designers and web developers is that Illustrator has such a different layout compared to photoshop and when switching between photoshop and illustrator; it can be confusing because some aspects and features are not where one would expect them to be if they've only used one or the other software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company and employees would also recommend that designers and artists also try Adobe Photoshop because it is very similar in its abilities and functions but ultimately compliments Adobe Illustrator with other tools and solutions that can not be found in Adobe Illustrator itself. New users are recommended to view tutorials and tips online as various forums and youtube videos provide an incredible level of help and guidance for a new user.

Completing design and vectoring work for a variety of customers and different job tasks. We mainly do logo work and packaging but we have many customers who need print and marketing work.

Illustrator review by Rishabh M.
Rishabh M.

"A great software for Business Illustrations & Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

I personally love the Shaper Tool in Adobe Illustrator. I'm not really an artist, but with a Wacom tablet I can roughly draw things and have them come out looking like a professional. You can erase lines quickly and also join shapes easily using the Shaper Tool. It has a very intuitive interface with which any user of Adobe can become familiar, it is quite powerful and has all kinds of characteristics, which help plazmar on the canvas any type of idea. With it, it is easy to carry out drawing or illustration projects with a professional quality, depending on the level of user experimentation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the load function for styles and colors. I have to constantly create new gradients or color palette every time I design a new logo. I also dislike the multitude of tool boxes opened when you start a project. There needs to be a more concise implementation of the extended tools. Finally I feel that the software should come with more options for font and remove some of the generic childish type faces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are creative, love to draw and bring elements together to make an amazing image, idea or product, I recommend Illustrator. It has made my job easier, but also much more unique and different. My creativity has elevated to another level I did not know existed. I still use illustrator and always will.

Illustrator is great for combining images and vector elements for limited page projects. Sometimes people assume Photoshop is the best solution for their pieces because an image is involved when in fact, they can import a perfectly edited image to Illustrator and then use better tools to add what they want to layer on.

Illustrator review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Hardcore Design Tool, Not For Amateurs or Tinkerers"

What do you like best?

When Illustrator 88 came out it, it was a revelation. Until then we were using MacDraw or Aldus Freehand, a terrific postscript vector program but what Illustrator 88 had and still has is that smooth drawing ability on-screen. The lines you lay down are smooth and flow easily, whereas their competitors when they came out where clunky or pixelated even if they printed out smooth.

Illustrators plugins and add-ons, filters really make it the workhorse it is.

There is a steep learning curve that only should be done by those with professional needs like creating and building logos or real, art direction design.

What do you dislike?

Multiple page documents still not really well done but seriously don;t use it for that. Use it for illustrating, creating illustrations and the like and Illustrator is an essential tool for the high-end of media work. If you need a logo for your business, hire a designer, let him or her pay for this lovely application and use it. Trust me, you'll be happier focusing on sales versus how to do things with a piece of software for weeks on end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% for illustrators, professional designers and up.

Multiple sized logo iterations for multiple media platforms and executions, without losing resolution, visual acuity. Vectors scale smoothly almost limitlessly, whereas bitmaps like photoshop do not but vectors also cannot be as easily used to create actual painting-like illustrations. It can be done but very complicated, expensive and takes quite a while to do. Stick to illustration and the like to be all good.

Illustrator review by Claire T.
Claire T.

"Loving Adobe Illustrator "

What do you like best?

I think that the user interface is very intuitive. I learned this software completely on the fly for a recent internship, and I found that the interface is simple enough to learn through trial by error, but complex enough to include many tools that I need on the regular. The vector art aspects of the program are the most useful, and always result in my work looking much more professional. It is simple to save images and scale them, and the capability range of the program is very strong. I love the options to switch between the color input pane for CMYK/RGB/Hex dependent on your needs.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, I have some issues with some of the features such as the gradient tool and the pathfinder tools. Their uses don't work as they are advertised in some of the online tutorials, and I can't be sure if this is an issue caused by my own misunderstanding of how it works or an update which changed the way that it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend to students who can use the student deal, it's a great value for the price and I haven't regretted it.

I have been using Adobe Illustrator to create icons and other graphics for various startup businesses. My art style tends to be more illustrative and delicate, so this program helps me to combine the skills that I developed in more traditional art forms with a digital style so that my art looks professional. Having scalable images is one of the more important needs that businesses have, and being able to create SVG files for my job is crucial and won of the aspects that I value the most from this product.

Illustrator review by Rares M.
Rares M.

"Ideal for Business Illustrations "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the software gives the user (new or experienced) a very large variety of tools and features, and thus endless possibilities to work around business or personal needs for graphic design content. From the most simple and basic logos or images to the most complicate original artwork, Illustrator is a software that can help you go from zero to the desired outcome without having to use another software in parallel (most of the times).

What do you dislike?

The software can, for the eye of a novice, look intimidating and not very intuitive for someone that has no prior experience with other similar software; thus I would like to see more guidelines and tutorials that come with the software to get you started with using the basic tools and functions but also to progress to achieving more complicated outcomes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Adobe Illustrator, in my opinion, and from my experience, it's all about learning by doing. So do not shy away if your first attempts are not the greatest; seek advice, watch tutorials and try and try again. You'll be confident in using the software in no time, and the skills you will develop will make you feel confident when undertaking a new graphic design challenge/ task!

I have been using Adobe Illustrator to create visual content for social media; content for print (such as merchandise, leaflets, posters, flyers, banners etc) as well as to create logos and other brand elements for the organisation I work in for our products and events.

Illustrator review by John A.  P.
John A. P.

"Must Have Tool for Graphic Designers!"

What do you like best?

I love how Adobe Illustrator makes it super simple when it comes to branding our company's specific events. It allows me to create various Art boards so I can create various versions of the same branding material and graphics but be able to export and use them in different applications. It is important as well when I'm working with other team members and they have different ways of communicating. One person might need a graphic set up in a landscape so that they can use it for a web page and another team member might need a portrait that will also work with a clear background or a different colored background. It allows you to organize and make those changes in a simple and fast manner so that everyone is happy.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to come up with something that I don't like about this product. You do have to be comfortable and quite knowledge of the program since there is a huge learning curve when you are first introduced to the software, it can be intimidating and also overwhelming if you are new to design software. But adobe is quite great with having multiple tutorials available at your disposals on how to get things going, and you'll be a pro in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is an industry standard when it comes to graphics and vector designs for a reason. This program is made to do everything from web graphics, social media graphics, logos, templates, tshirt designs, to anything related to your branding needs and beyond. The possibilities are unlimited.

Having to work with multiple team members and them needed various designs of the same branded work it is easy to accommodate everyones needs. It makes it easier on staff and also the company when designs can be modified fast and everyone can get what they need to get their job done quickly as well.

Illustrator review by Daniela A.
Daniela A.

"This is by far the best software for graphic design. A must for architectural practice as well."

What do you like best?

Illustrator is so intuitive. You can enhance CAD drawings, manipulate vectors and create stunning logos and promotional materials. It's fairly easy to learn, and I use it for everything for creating patterns for renderings to crafting posters and presentations.

What do you dislike?

As much as I really enjoy this software, I do wish there was more training available for beginners. It's a really powerful program, but most people only scratch the surface on its capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend doing thorough training on Illustrator. It's a very powerful tool and it has many capabilities that most people don't know about.

Find a good book or online course and really get into it. You'll be able to create gorgeous drawings, presentations, resumes, portfolios, promotional materials, and so much more!

We use this a lot to take simple plans from CAD software and colorize it for easy presentations and boards. But we also use it to create more "artful" pieces to display in the office and our portfolio.

Illustrator review by Garrett M.
Garrett M.

"Ceaselessly useful"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is my go-to program for custom digital and print graphics. From icons to graphs to videos, I use Adobe Illustrator to personalize our brand and enhance our media. I especially like the ability to export my work in a large variety of file types.

What do you dislike?

The graphs feature of Illustrator is super clunky to use. Adobe Illustrator (like most Adobe products) has a learning curve that renders the program pretty much useless until you overcome the curve, but; once you do, Adobe Illustrator is an incredibly powerful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Adobe Illustrator with other similar software, Adobe is the giant in the industry, and their software is the "designer accepted" standard software. If you are just starting out in Illustrator, YouTube is your friend.

I use Adobe Illustrator to provide our company with customized graphics which elevate us ahead of many engineering firms who simply don't get the visual aspects of marketing.

Illustrator review by Almudena F.
Almudena F.

"Lo mejor para diseños vectoriales"

What do you like best?

Lo fácil que es crear material gráfico con apariencia profesional, es muy sencillo crear a partir de las herramientas de formas básica y el buscatrazos y luego dar una apariencia profesional utilizando sombras y degradados, los archivos terminan por pesar muy poco y la exportación a archivos PDF es perfecta, así no tenemos que preocupar con fuentes ni compatibilidad. Los archivos generados son bastante optimizados así que se puede enviar archivos vectoriales con calidad de impresión por correo electrónico fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Los tajos de teclado me parecían mejores en el programa que utilizaba antes, Corel Draw asi que algunas cosas como alineamiento se podía hacer más rápidamente, pero seguramente hay atajos por descubrir en Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si no hay un uso frecuente y avanzado, pueden probar Inkscape para saber si realmente necesitan una solución más avanzada.

Diseño de material gráfico para la Web, Facebook y material impreso.

Illustrator review by Bridget R.
Bridget R.

"Illustrator is my best friend. "

What do you like best?

I use Illustrator literally every day. I love the ease of use, and the ability to be incredibly creative using this software. I also love how easy it is to export the artwork in to any file format.

What do you dislike?

Lately it has been crashing more than usual, which is not my favorite. However, this is rare and usually only occurs when updates haven't been made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play around! At first, it can seem daunting, but it is really easy to self-learn this product. Also, Adobe message boards and tutorials are great for troubleshooting. I have never run into a problem I couldn't figure out by looking around in their archives. As a self-taught graphic designer, this is a lifesaver for me. I like this far better than photoshop.

You can create literally anything in illustrator, so I have done it all! Branding, logos, posters, emails, everything! I completely rebranded my last company using this software only. It's also great for tracing files you may not already have an AI file for.

Illustrator review by Todd A.
Todd A.

"Illustrator is the quintessential vector illustration program, but becoming less relevant for UX/UI"

What do you like best?

Same controls, shortcuts and conventions as all other Adobe suite products so no surprises and familiar experience. It has a ton of features, probably more than you'll ever use. It's tried-and-true.

What do you dislike?

Seems a little clunky after switching to Sketch for 95% of my design operations. It could use an update to the UI, which feels outdated

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you want to do high-quality vector illustrations. It's likely at the top of the list for available features and overall quality. Wouldn't recommend for UI/UX design, there are much better & newer options available such as Sketch, Adobe XD, and others.

Sometimes it's easier to illustrate icons in Illustrator, but Sketch is growing on me for that purpose. It's also pretty expensive, so depending on what you're using it for, it might not be the best bang for the buck.

Illustrator review by Abbie D.
Abbie D.

"Excellent Product — Easy To Learn"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how user-friendly Illustrator is. I wasn't familiar at all with the program before two years ago, and it was not too steep of a learning curve, and now I'm navigating like a champ. My favorite part is that is automatically cleans up any lines you create/draw. (I don't use a drawing pad, so it's difficult to get the precision you want with a mouse. The program analyses what you're doing and makes it look clean, sharp and professional.

What do you dislike?

I don't think they're anything I dislike. If I had to choose something it ~might~ be that sometimes you get stuck in a certain editing setting (without realizing it) and can do some annoying edits that have to be undone. You just have to pay close attention to the tools you've selected to make sure you're doing exactly what you want/need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It comes with the Adobe Suite, so there's no reason to not try it. You won't regret it.

Illustrator allows me to create professional looking graphics with not super expensive tools. Again, I don't have a drawing pad and that does not limit me at all with creating with this program. Also, if you don't have a steady hand, that's no problem with this program — it will clean up the lines you create, which is such an amazing feature — that has truly solved many design issues.

Illustrator review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Designers and Illustrator's Go To Program "

What do you like best?

This program is what you're looking for if you're the type of designers who needs designs that is detailed to perfection. Any size or scope this program can handle it from beginning to end. A lot of illustrators will finish a project in Photoshop but the majority all the major things are done in Adobe Illustrator. It is the fastest program to modify a vector or layers effectively and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Depending on your server, but I noticed a lot of emails don't support sharing adobe illustrator files. You can go into details with the program which means there is a lot of information to save, which means files are normally huge. So a lot of times you will be stuck not being able to easily share a file through email like you would other files. It becomes an inconvenience of course when you are trying to find ways to share the files, you have to look for cloud etc, or figure something out with your client that they are familiar with.

Adobe Illustrator is the program that I use the most. I use it in tandem with photoshop and other adobe design programs but most of the design work is done on here. I use it for creation of logos, icons and different vectors designs. It's such a time saver.

Illustrator review by Miguel R.
Miguel R.

"Great for Vectors!"

What do you like best?

I love that the images you are working on are in really high graphics which means you can really go into details on your projects. Some programs you are stuck looking at poor pixelated versions of your project, but with this program you have infinite resolution. So you can increase or decrease your projects and you won't lose any details. Everything is always sharp and clear and on point.

What do you dislike?

If you aren't familiar with adobe products then this shouldn't be the first program you start off with, it does take a little bit of knowledge and familiarity and it does a lot but you would have to know a lot as well to start getting some projects done. They are constantly putting out new features so even people who have been using this product for years are still constantly learning things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like all adobe products you can take this program out for a one month test drive, so why not do that, test it out, see how you like it, check out free tutorials and if you don't like it then just delete the program and thats it.

Churning out projects after projects. I like that my clients can make seasonal campaigns. It's easy to change things out or merge projects together. So happy clients pay on time, and business is nice when that happens.

Illustrator review by Alana P.
Alana P.

"AI is one of my go-to tools (daily use)"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a robust vector based program. While you may need a bit of a tutorial to understand how to use it, it truly is the most flexible vector based design program out there. Illustrator gives you total and complete freedom on what you're making.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say that I dislike (and I have difficulty finding something) is that the tools are a little inconsistent across the other products I use in conjunction with Illustrator. For instance, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign have a completely different tool layout than illustrator. The tools across the three programs are in different locations or are organized differently. Other than that (which I just have gotten used to each layout), Adobe Illustrator is a FANTASTIC program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't already have it, then get it. It is the BEST design software out there. I have been using it since 2008 on a daily basis.

I use Adobe Illustrator for nearly everything. Like I mentioned, I use it in conjunction with Photoshop and Indesign primarily. I use it to create logos, icons, and any vector elements to include in marketing materials or on our corporate site. I even use it for some user experience assets. I really use it across the board. It is amazing...

Illustrator review by Lexi H.
Lexi H.

"Design Tool for Beginners & Experts"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator helps me with basic to advanced projects. I am able to create a simple logo or a more complex design piece.

What do you dislike?

If you want to save your work as a Jpg file it will save the entire artboard rather than just the design, however, if you save as a png it will save just the design with the option of a white, black, or transparent background. If there was the option to save the jpg like you can for a png that would be a good fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time when learning the tool. There is a slight learning curve, but there are so many tutorials to use and once you get the hang of it, you will love using this product and wonder what you did without it!

With Adobe Illustrator we are able to create large artboards and mock-ups for multiple versions of a new logo or design for our client.

Illustrator review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Great for custom graphics"

What do you like best?

Ease of making scalable graphics like SVGs is one of my favorite parts about this software. I know a lot of people who use this software to create graphics for use in die cut and vinyl cutting machines. It really is much better to use for creating graphics than Photoshop, whose actual focus (as the name suggests) is for working with photos.

What do you dislike?

It can take a bit to get used to if you're accustomed to Photoshop instead. But there are many videos and training guides available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many people think that Photoshop will be enough for their graphic needs, but as the name suggests, its focus really is photos. If you're going to be creating logos and other graphics, you really need a program like Illustrator. The monthly subscription package makes it much easier to afford this program, which can be expensive to buy outright.

We use it for things like logos and other graphics where we may need it to be able to scale down to very small version and scale up to something large, like for a banner.

Illustrator review by Nina H.
Nina H.

"Very Great Program"

What do you like best?

I really like Adobe Illustrator's flexibility. I love how no matter how long I use it there is always more to learn! I also really enjoy being creative with it-- I don't feel like I'm stuck within certain bounds, as I do with certain programs. Additionally, I can easily switch between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator when I need to.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to think of anything I dislike about Adobe Illustrator! Sometimes it's a hassle to do certain things but mostly it's pretty simple once you learn the basic tools. I also wish it were easier to save documents as jpg or pdf or pngs. However, once I realized that you just need to export your document instead of simply saving it, it became much easier. I use it for advocacy and I can very easily import photos. The other thing I might change about Adobe Illustrator is that there is no option to crop a photo. It would make my life a lot easier if you could easily crop a photo without masking it or anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend watching some Youtube tutorials to get the gist of Adobe Illustrator's features, and again, later, if you need help, youtube is your friend!

Not sure how to answer this but I do a lot of graphic design with it! I use Adobe Illustrator for advocacy work and I often do fundraisers that require image design.

Illustrator review by Kailin K.
Kailin K.

"Let me Illustrate my LOVE for Adobe"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use that Illustrator offers! There is a slight learning curve but understanding how to make Illustrator do what you need it to do is only a few google searches and Youtube videos away. I also love how all of the Adobe products integrate with each other and how easy it is to make a change to one file and have it change on every other file you have it featured on, it allows for the details to always be correct and up to date and saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it can be difficult to achieve that same result twice with some off the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would always recommend Adobe Illustrator, especially if you're going to be using other Adobe products such as Indesign, Premiere, or Photoshop. It allows you to easily insert your designs into videos, documents, and edit them as well.

Adobe Illustrator allowed me to design outreach materials and seamlessly feature those designs on a variety of materials.

Illustrator review by Claire G.
Claire G.

"Allows you to do ANYTHING"

What do you like best?

It was very intuitive to learn. I was able to learn how to do almost everything by downloading images and "tracing" them in Illustrator. The ability to zoom in closer than you ever thought possible!

What do you dislike?

Punching out / stamps - this is the only functionality I don't find intuitive. The "snap to grid" feature drove me CRAZY and took a whole team of designers at work to figure out how to disable. Sometimes when small issues like this arise, it can be hard to figure out how to fix the problem, because it's hard to know exactly what phrase to google for answers (i.e. in that scenario, I was googling "what to do in illustrator when object jumps more than you want it to" which obviously didn't yield helpful results.)

I am able to design anything I want. I've made flat graphics of our different receivers, flat characters representing coworkers, infographics of all kinds that help explain different complex/technical concepts that our employees need to understand.

Illustrator review by Michele R.
Michele R.

"Vector drawing and graphic design"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a fantastic software, perhaps the best Adobe, with which I realize all my vector graphics for personal projects and for clients. First of all it is perfect for designing corporate logos and corporate identity, perfect in processing with Photoshop when you need to manage raster images. It is also a great tool for creating iconography and graphical interfaces for web and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

I cannot find many flaws in Illustrator that, as mentioned, can be used for different areas. Maybe we could improve the export of graphic interfaces for Photoshop, giving the user more export options, especially if other people will have to work on the project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the designers it is the software par excellence, perhaps together with Photoshop and allows to realize different projects, for illustrations, iconography, print or web, thanks to the numerous tools available, and to the features that are gradually enhanced by Adobe. For the designers it is the software par excellence, perhaps together with Photoshop and allows to realize different projects, for illustrations, iconography, print or web, thanks to the numerous tools available, and to the features that are gradually enhanced by Adobe.

Illustrator allows me to do my job well, offering quality products to my clients, including: logos, corporate identity, packaging design, labeling, flyers, posters, illustrations, but also graphic interfaces and icons for projects related to the web or devices furnishings. Every day I get benefits thanks to the support of Illustrator.

Illustrator review by Santiago G.
Santiago G.

"Software imprescindible si trabajar en el sector de la publicidad y el diseño"

What do you like best?

Como todo el software de Adobe, es intuitivo y comparte caracteristicas con el resto de la familia de programas. Está perfectamente integrado con photoshop y es la herramienta por excelencia para vectorizado. En mi caso me soluciona la reconstrucción de logotipos e imagenes de marca cuando me envian archivos en baja calidad. También lo uso para los titulos de los libros que maqueto y algunos stickers y va de fabula.

What do you dislike?

No hay nada que me parezca malo en Illustrator, si tuviera que decir algo malo posiblemente serían los cuelgues del programa en muy contadas ocasiones. Ese mensaje de "Illustrator se cerró inesperadamente", aunque normalmente tienes copia de seguridad automática.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si eres diseñador no tengo que decirte nada más... es imprescindible y lo sabes.

Reconstrucción de logos, DIseño de marca corporativa, trazado de objetos... cualquier trabajo que requiera vectorizado está cubierto con este software.

Illustrator review by Jenny W.
Jenny W.

"Total customization"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to absolutely customize every aspect of my designs. Being able to manipulate vector images is invaluable for me.

What do you dislike?

In terms of the actual function, I have no major dislikes. Although I often wish there was a paint bucket tool like the one in Photoshop. But I get by without it. The tech support is a challenge, however, as most of the reps I've spoken with are based in a different country, which makes it hard to understand what they're saying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for it's flexibility and precision. There's a bit of a learning curve, and really, so many functions, that I'm constantly learning new things that I didn't know this product was capable of - which is a good thing. If you're creating logos and graphics, it has an incredible capacity for customization and building from scratch.

I've been able to take ho hum two-dimensional designs and elevate them by customizing our own images, text, etc. We're able to create unique designs that stand out and meet our exact needs.

Illustrator review by Joshua J.
Joshua J.

"Not easy to learn but best in its category"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is incredibly powerful, and I barely know even the basics of what it is capable of accomplishing. That breadth of capabilities makes it a valuable tool in any design-oriented workplace, like the daily newspaper publication where I work.

What do you dislike?

I only use Illustrator sporadically to create simple graphics and make small adjustments to existing graphics that can't be done in Photoshop or InDesign. So, for someone like me (an intermediate user) Illustrator is useful but incredibly difficult to navigate, which is surprising because navigating between other programs in the Adobe CC, I have found it generally easy to move from one to the other since I speak the "Adobe language" fairly fluently. Illustrator, for that reason, exists in its own category to me. It gets the job done, but its not always easy. Maybe I just need to invest more time in the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the knowledge of others. Watch tutorials, learn from those who have spent much more time in the program.

InDesign allows my company to create original content and rely less on outsourced creativity.

Illustrator review by Jessie W.
Jessie W.

"Anchor Points Mastery"

What do you like best?

Anybody who's ever worked with vector illustrations knows that getting every anchor point perfect can be a pain. Adobe Illustrator CC has made it significantly easier to get your illustrations pixel-perfect. The new tools for curve-smoothing and refining angles are superb, and it's really nice how much Adobe has automated this time around.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator can be a bit daunting for newbies. I manage a few younger designers and it usually takes them a while to get the hang of things. I wish Adobe would do a bit better helping new users onboard to the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the best vector illustration tool, Adobe Illustrator is absolutely the right choice, thought it's got a bit of a learning curve. If you want something simpler, look elsewhere.

I use Adobe Illustrator to create and edit vector illustrations for web and print. It's got everything I need to get the job done.

Illustrator review by Peter E.
Peter E.

"Great Vector Software"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software to create something intricate and detailed, or something quick and simple with just a few minutes. It's intuitive if you are familiar with the rest of the Adobe software, and plays nice with Photoshop and their other programs.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be steep if you haven't had exposure to vector-based software, and the cost can be a bit expensive to get into at first. It's clearly an investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend receiving some training - whether professional classes or simply 'youtube university'. This will help you master the basics and creating simple vectors in no time!

We do in-house graphic design, rather than outsource our needs. This allows us to create graphics packages for different seasons or emphasis. We are also able to scale our designs based on our needs - from banner to business card without compromising our quality.

Illustrator review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Best Editing Software "

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a software designed for professional digital designers in mind. It is great for working for vectors and making illustrations. You can use this program to work with things such as logo or grpahics for your own personal art or for things on websites. This program helps your creative ideas become reality, and you would be hard to find a great designer not using this program. Things such as the pen tool helps you draw out your vector projects.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan that the keyboard commands are different other adobe products. Also if you have too many layers then the program is significantly slower, so that means for more intense projects you find yourself waiting for the program to catch up. Nobody likes waiting for their programs to compute when they are designing, you would like to be able to edit as fast as your creative mind can dream up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe is really great with offer a month long trial of the majority of their programs if not all, Download the trial. Test it out and watch some tutorials so you can get the hang of it. You won't regret it!

When clients are first asking us to create a vision they usually don't come with their own files already handy for us to change, so its great to just whip some ideas up quickly based on what they are trying to convey and then changing it to their wants and needs are pretty easy from there. A quick logo will take only a couple of minutes to create because of the ease of the program.

Illustrator review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Perfect Illustrations Every Time"

What do you like best?

Illustrator makes it possible to create "perfect" illustrations every time I design. I love the way it feels to work with shapes and anchor points rather than images. The options for adding gradients and effects, as well as those for joining shapes, are elegant and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator could stand to load a bit faster. Almost every other Adobe tool I use loads significantly faster. Not sure if I've got a wonky setting or what, but it's pretty annoying. Usually I just leave the program open to avoid having to relaunch it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do illustration work, you're probably already using Adobe Illustrator. If you're a new designer, definitely give it a try!

Illustrator is my go-to for creating digital illustrations. It helps me make designs I feel proud of, which is probably benefit enough. But more important for the business, it speeds up the design process.

Illustrator review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"The industry standard when it comes to graphical design"

What do you like best?

This software is fast and very reliable. It gets regularly updated by adobe where they are constantly innovating new tools and things that the software can do. This keeps the software on the cutting edge. Adobe is great about making sure you know there is a new tool and just how to use it. Illustrator excels in typography and the way you can manipulate test. The creation of shapes and graphics is second to none.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to not like about the software so I will say this, there is a pretty big learning curve when first starting the software. It can be quit intimidating for someone who has never used a design software although adobe is good at offering tutorials on how to get going.

It is also a bit expensive when you consider wanting multiple different adobe software. I have had the random crashes when working on some pretty intricate designs but there is a recovery feature that works more times than not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a graphic designer and trying to do it without this software, make the investment and switch to illustrator. You will not be disappointed.

Illustrator is an industry standard when it comes to graphics and vector designs. I work as a Media and Communications Minister and I use this software everyday to create everything from social media graphics, to logos, to T-shirts, to branding, and beyond. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

Illustrator review by alan c.
alan c.

"vector=illustrator"

What do you like best?

adobe illustrator is very popular and used by most of the digital artists when coming to dealing with vectors. as its really popular you can get access to tons of projects and designs online which makes your job much easier. the software is supported bu both mac and pc so there isn't a question about it. the output files size is also very small and can be easily shared with others. the program is part of the adobe creative cloud suites o you got a lot of benefits. you can easily update the application, as well as yo ucan access adobe digital library to get fonts and other design meterials easily.as its the part of the creative cloud it integrates well with other creative cloud products which is really helpful when you have to use multiple applications.another great thing is the ability to support multiple pages and i found it really helpful.

What do you dislike?

the illustrator needs a lot of memory to work properly. the pricing isn't cheap and most of the designers out there won't be able to afford the software.the software is really hard to learn for newbies, the interface can be overwhelming and takes time to know the tools and designing. photo editing is very limited when coming to illustrator. vectors can be easily exported into PSD format but the text layers cant be edited well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i highly recommend this product to anyone looking to work with vectors.

design and edit vector images.

Illustrator review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"Graphic Design Perfected"

What do you like best?

this is the all in one vector software out there and no other software in the market provides so much options when it comes to designing vectors. one of the perks of adobe illustrator is that you can use multiple artboards and don't have to switch between images when doing a project. the pen tool is another great tool that comes with the adobe illustrator which helps you in designing new vectors as well as manipulating existing vectors into the shape you desire. the output size of the output vector file is so small that sharing became very easy. the interface is really beautiful and you can even customize your own workspace and save it for future use, which saves a lot of time. the program is a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite so you can easily integrate the software with other creative cloud products and work together.

What do you dislike?

the software is expensive and many of the small companies won't be able to afford it. the learning curve is way too steep and its not like a newbie can jump in and use the software. when it comes to editing images, the options are very limited. also exporting the files in other formats such as jpeg can be hard in illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to do complicated vector projects and need a top-notch tool, the illustrator is for you.

editing and creating vector graphics. this is the best tool in the market for working with vectors.

Illustrator review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Best of the Best (or just what I'm used to?)"

What do you like best?

There's SO MUCH you can do, what's not to like? I think the best aspect is that Illustrator keeps pushing the envelope for ease of creating amazing visuals. I also appreciate how Ai is linked to everything else in the Adobe world via Creative Cloud.

What do you dislike?

Updates sometimes throw me for a loop, so it can be hard to keep up with the various tools if you're not in there often. And it may sound crazy but I sometimes dislike how truly expansive the program is; there's honestly more than I need & I feel like I'm playing catch-up at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a big program and I'm still learning, even after using through school and into my career. I say it's the best, because I believe this to be a really powerful graphics program, but it's also one of those situations where I haven't used much else in this arena to compare. I don't think you'll go wrong in using, but it's a lot to chew on.

Graphic Design & the benefits are having professional results. We can do most if not all our projects in-house now.

Illustrator review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"The main software of vector graphics"

What do you like best?

Without Illiustrator I would be lost, I use it every day for various types of work involving the use of vector tools. I consider it complete from all points of view, both for the creation of logos and brand identity, for editorial design or for graphic interfaces. Extraordinary color management.

What do you dislike?

I have seen some software for creating fonts and I have to say that they have more or more accurate control in the use of anchor points or handles, it would be the flagship for software that is already an excellence and works very well with Photoshop and InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not change Illustrator with any other vector graphics software, because it is absolutely the most complete both from a technical and creative point of view, it has powerful tools concerning the coloring phase, and it works perfectly with Photoshop and InDesign, other software which a designer can not do without.

As mentioned, working as a graphic designer, I use Illustrator every day, to create logos, brand identity, posters or flyers, leaflets, graphic interfaces for websites or applications, graphics for Facebook or Instagram, or even to create illustrations or infographics.

Illustrator review by Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle C.

"Overall, a great product"

What do you like best?

There's so much you can do with illustrator. You can pretty much make anything. It works for designs for web and print and it's really easy to make a design that's suitable for both.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to collaborate with other users. For instance, I would rather send a design to a coworker and have him make the small edits he needs rather than have him tell me what to fix and go back and forth. However, in order to do so, I have to email it to him as an illustrator file and have him open it in illustrator on his computer and make changes and hope he saves is the right way to send it back, etc. It'd be so much easier if we could do collaboration over the web within illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth buying. There isn't a software that compares at all. You can't design without it.

We started making our own advertisements in illustrator, which has saved us a lot of money on design fees. We also have been saving a lot of money on flyers, coupons, and gift certificates by making them and printing them ourselves.

Illustrator review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Industry-Leading Graphic Design Software"

What do you like best?

I have been using Adobe Illustrator for approximately 10 years, and it has by far the most extensive set of tools for graphic design and it is years ahead of other design software. Adobe is continuously releasing updates and upgrades for the software, and they are very good about listening to their user-base on what tools and functionality should be implemented. I love the tools that it has for print media and web based graphic design, and it makes creating business cards, flyers, brochures, logos, social media graphics, and dynamic forms very simple. Shape tools, pen tools, perspective tools, and various effects tools make it a great graphic design software.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes occasional glitches and times that the software freezes, but they are few and far between, and the glitches are usually addressed fairly quickly. Most of the issues I have with this software are usually related to lack of knowledge or system hardware limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands-down the best design tool out there. If you're only designing something once a quarter or less, then it might not make sense, but for anybody that needs regular use of design software, there is not a better option out there than Adobe Illustrator.

I use it for everything from print media and web graphics, to document creation and internal media. The software has allowed me to turn projects around very quickly without having to rely on outside design contractors. It also streamlines between other Adobe products, which makes it ideal when using it within the entire Adobe CS.

Illustrator review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"The best design product on the market"

What do you like best?

I love that Adobe Illustrator allows you to create your own designs. The tools are excellent and there is a wealth of resources online. I have used free online software programs before, but they do not come close to what Adobe Illustrator allows you to do. I definitely think it is worth the price (I pay the monthly subscription rate) and once you get into Illustrator, it is easy to start learning Photoshop and InDesign.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike, except for it is very daunting at first. But once you get into the program more and get used to it, it is really an incredible product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone because while it may seem daunting to learn at first, there is such a wide variety of free resources available online. I think Illustrator is the most difficult Adobe design program to learn, but that is because the amount of creative freedom is amazing!

Creating designs for clients who are currently using Microsoft Word or other forms of software that do not create high quality designs or vectors.

Illustrator review by Cecilia N.
Cecilia N.

"Best for vector drawings!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator has many tools to assist when drawing vector drawings, resulting in different processes to achieve the end result. I enjoy using the pen tool when creating and find it helpful to go into isolation mode to quickly single out a part of the drawing to focus on it.

What do you dislike?

It does crash every once and a while like all apps do. For the longest time my main issue was there was no autosave function. However, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. My biggest issue is just the amount of steps required to ensure my drawings are pixel perfect and don't show any rasterization. I have to have snap to grid, snap to pixel options turned on. It can be a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illsutrator works great alongside other Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects. If never using Illustrator previously, the pen tool can be a bit daunting but with some practice, very useful and essential tool for using Illustrator.

I would highly recommend getting a drawing table to use with Adobe Illustrator. I found it easier to use than a mouse when creating vector linework. Also is better on my hand, just make sure to take a breaks frequently otherwise your hands will cramp up.

I've used Illustrator many times for creating logos or drawings that will be printed. I've been able to produce many drawings and easily able to quickly and efficiently scale the drawing if there are changes required for print.

Illustrator review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"Illustrator is my go to application for graphic design"

What do you like best?

Illustrator has overtaken Photoshop as my go to graphic design application. I utilize it heavily for website graphics, email marketing (email design) and website enhancements. The toolset is consistent with other Adobe products that I'm already familiar with and the vector based images are easy to manipulate and work with in other applications.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator is a complex program and requires a relatively heavy time investment to get up to speed on it. I wish Illustrator employed some of the same effects that are in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Illustrator so I'm biased! Make sure your designer has a Wacom pad or similar device. The efficiencies gained will more than pay for itself!

I can more quickly create logo designs and "mock up" web pages for enhancement projects. I think working with text is much easier in Illustrator than in Photoshop. I've been able to take conceptual designs to my web developer much faster using Illustrator than with Photoshop.

Illustrator review by Matthew J. P.
Matthew J. P.

"Not always as intuitive as other Adobe products"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is THE tool for working with vector graphics. The ability to use layers, manipulate objects, create shapes, and work with fonts make it indispensable for graphic design work. Plus, since it's so commonly used, it's easy to find countless tutorials online. Illustrator allows me to create/modify high quality graphics in very little time.

What do you dislike?

I started working in other programs like Photoshop. The difference between the Photoshop canvas and Illustrator artboard are a little unintuitive at first, but I've gotten used to it now. I wish Illustrator was a bit stronger with bitmap graphics, since I frequently have to use both Photoshop and Illustrator simultaneously. Color management also seems to be more complicated than it needs to be. Some of the alignment options don't work as well in Illustrator as they do in Indesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time reading and watching tutorials to get a good feel for how to use Illustrator. Despite some similarities in the interface, it's a different type of workflow, and it's worth understanding Illustrator's features.

I started using Illustrator because I was doing more and more vector graphics – images that needed to be high-res for printing – and Photoshop couldn't quite do what I needed.

Illustrator review by Corley F.
Corley F.

"Learning curve is tough, but once you know this program, it's your best friend."

What do you like best?

I cried for a week in college trying to comprehend how to use the pen tool in this program. But there was a moment when it all made sense, and that was in 2009. Since then illustrator has been one of my most valuable tools in illustration and design.

What do you dislike?

I'd say the learning process, but that could be my fault. Sometimes it shuts down on me if I overwhelm it, but that also could be my fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. Spend an entire 8 hours straight figuring it out, get your shortcuts down to muscle memory. It's worth it.

While most people rely on stock vector images, I can create 100% original content for all my clients by using illustrator to crate exactly what they are looking for, instead of searching the internet for one that other companies have access to as well.

Illustrator review by Kendra K.
Kendra K.

"Useful and Efficient"

What do you like best?

I like to make posters/flyers or other types of promotional materials. This app makes using text and illustrations very easy and it's nice to be able to use many different artboards at the same time to have a layout of options.

What do you dislike?

Image trace is one thing that I wished could be improved. If your image is simple, it can be very helpful. When the image is a little bit more complex, however, image trace can be very difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch tutorial videos to begin, it can be overwhelming at first. Try to get a basic knowledge and understanding of each of the tools.

Making quick, useful promotional materials for clients. Also creating documents that could normally be created on Microsoft Word, I've started creating with Illustrator because it is easier to customize it.

Illustrator review by Gabri G.
Gabri G.

"Adobe Illustrator in a nutshell "

What do you like best?

I like that it is a widely used software so there are many resources available for further learning. I personally like that the software pairs well with Apples key commands. You can easily transfer a project from illustrator to photoshop or indesign.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things are not as intuitive or as well designed as I would hope for a design software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you a designer, the Adobe suite is the only way to go when beginning. Illustrator is one of their best applications and one of the most intuitive of the bunch. Do your research and practice by using YouTube tutorials and the software is very manageable. I recommend getting to know key commands by heart. And practice by finding new effects found on design sites.

The program is perfect for a graphic designer like me.

Illustrator review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.

"It is the best graphic design software, indispensable for any designer"

What do you like best?

the tools for vectorization and digitization are great. The pen tool makes the vectorization work much easier and the editing options are almost endless, the texts can be edited even after transforming them into contours, in general lines it is very stable and intuitive

What do you dislike?

you need a powerful computer to operate optimally, the application of the effects can be a little complicated for beginners, the module to export files should be expanded in terms of the number of formats and definitely the software is very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is the best graphic design program in the market and it is a compulsory purchase if you are in the world of graphic design, great tools to vectorize, stability, excellent palette of colors, the limit is your imagination with this software you can do any design

I use it daily, I work as a freelancer designing t-shirts for about 2 years, in this software I have found all the tools to take my designs to a professional level

Illustrator review by Sara H.
Sara H.

"Illustrator is my money-maker"

What do you like best?

I use Adobe Illustrator for 80% of my design work. I love how easy the icons are to distinguish and that I can completely customize the layout of the tools. I love how easy it is to integrate images and files from the rest of the Adobe software products like Photoshop and InDesign.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that some of my settings as far as tools go, do not hold for the next time I open the program. I'm sure that is an easy fix but I have not been able to figure that out yet. This is minor and I basically love Illustrator!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a youtube tutorial video if you haven't had the opportunity to be fully trained. A professional program like Illustrator can be frustrating if you don't know how to utilize all of it's resources.

I own my own graphic design firm and use Adobe Illustrator for a majority of my design work. I couldn't do my job without it. It is very important that I can use the program with ease and meet my deadlines with my clients. And thanks to the great performance of the program, I am able to do this easily!

Illustrator review by Ray H.
Ray H.

"Beautiful vector editing"

What do you like best?

its the best software in the market when it comes to dealing with vectors. the tools in the illustrator are than more than enough to create or edit vector graphics even when you're not very good at drawing. the user interface is pretty awesome and toolbars can be customized according to your need and you can also save your workspace for future use. adobe illustrator has its own format called .ai which is really great cause the size of the output file is very small compared with the popular eps extension. the software is a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite and its very easy to keep the software up to date. the creative cloud suite also provides free storage to backup your work. the program also supports multiple drawing pads and so you can draw vectors easily. the software got pressure sensitivity enabled by perfectly stroking your lines. one of the best parts of illustrator is the ability to create or change your shortcut keys and it helps you work easily thus saving lot fo time. the support and adobe community is great and you can get instant help online anytime.

What do you dislike?

the pricing is a bit too much. the software can lag your pc when dealing with complex projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great tool when it comes to editing vectors. try it yourself and choose

editing and creating vector graphics

Illustrator review by Fred S M.
Fred S M.

"Everything i need in one software"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is a professional software for creating vector graphics and for creating illustrations, logos or artworks for printing and for the web. A complete software that associates the creative side with the technical one, impossible for a designer not to use it.My favorite is the pen tool, the ease and user friendly features that allow you to draw and illustrate vector based projects. I like the new feature of being able to crop images like in photoshop when you place them.

What do you dislike?

I hate that the key commands differ from other adobe programs. Paste in place for example. If you build a file with too many clipping masks, it really slows the file down to where it’s almost impossible to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free trial! And watch the tutorials on youtube. They're fun and this is a great tool to have in life! Whether you're a graphic designer or just wanting to pick up a new tool to have under your belt, AI is a unique and exciting program to use.

Most of my web clients just come empty handed without any logo so i use Adobe Illustrator to make a logo for them which makes my work very easy

Illustrator review by Adrian S.
Adrian S.

"Steep Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the all in one package when coming to creating and editing vector graphics. There are a lot of tools are filter to work out and build amazing graphics. The shadow options and adjustments in the program are outstanding. The size of the output file is really small, and you can share it easily. With the creative cloud option, you can get access to Adobe library and tons of elements and fonts. The live trace is also very precise and fantastic tool with which you can quickly create vector graphics out of raster images. The incredible thing is that it can work alongside other creative cloud programs and make your work a lot easier. the interface is beautiful and you can customize it according to your need which makes your work really easy.

What do you dislike?

it takes a lot of time to learn the adobe illustrator if you dont have prior knowledge. its not like you can just install the program and start working. this program isn't a program where you can create a project in like 10 minutes. the pricing isn't cheap, small companies or individuals wont be able to afford the software. the program need a lot of memory to work fluently. When exporting to the PSD files the text layer cant be edited and it can be troublesome. photo editing is very limited when coming to adobe illustrator. also when coming to some of the drawing pad's illustration doesn't really take the pressure sensitivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best vector program out there. i highly recommend you to take the free trial provided by adobe.

create and edit vector graphics

Illustrator review by Faith G.
Faith G.

"My Go-To"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is my go-to for complex illustrations. How love how easy it is to edit anchor points, create shapes, and even work with a drawing tablet. Illustrator is, in my humble opinion, Adobe's best product by a wide margin.

What do you dislike?

I don't have too many complaints about Illustrator. It's a well-designed, streamlined product focused on doing one thing right. I guess my only gripe is that it occasionally struggles a bit with very large files. Otherwise, A+!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is a fantastic tool for Illustration, which is its one main focus. If you do illustration work every day, this is the right tool for the job. If you want something for creating layouts or editing photos, check out Sketch and Photoshop respectively.

I use Illustrator for creating vector-based artwork and illustrations. It's the best tool for the job and it makes doing these types of designs easy.

Illustrator review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"illustrator"

What do you like best?

I like how I can add soft colors to my images for presentation, and turn my CAD drawings into vector drawings for easier manipulation. It's a great addition to photoshop when trying to put together architectural design boards.

What do you dislike?

For me at least, it's a little more difficult to learn how to use properly than photoshop. I usually only use it to add color to my line drawings from CAD

Recommendations to others considering the product

start small, don't run straight into using this product unless you know what you want to use it for. It is for creating images, and helping to digitize hand drawings. This is not a photo editor!

the benefit of it is the ability to add a lot of dynamic color to your images for material and presentation boards. If I'm not editing a rendering and just want to beef up a space plan, I'll import my CAD drawings into illustrator to make it more presentation ready

Illustrator review by Lucy A. R.
Lucy A. R.

"Adobe - great for Editing and Design"

What do you like best?

I deal with a lot of vector images and you can scale a lot of the vector points, so editing vectors is quite easy with Illustrator. The fact that your designs are all uploaded onto the cloud means that I can access the designs on different Adobe applications. Sometimes I get annoyed with the cloud, but it does make it a lot easier especially if I'm working at different workspaces, I can have access to it anytime. I also like the fact that it is being constantly updated, which means the tools only get better and better.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that they do the monthly subscription plan as opposed to before you paying a set fee. I like paying a flat fee across the board but then again paying for the cloud service has come in handy and as a business I can see why going cloud base in this day and age makes sense for the consumer and also for the company, monetary wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There so many tutorials on youtube and the web in general. If you are trying to figure some things out a quick google search will help you find a tutorial that can help you step by step. If you want to learn faster ways to doing something there are various tutorials that will help you expedite your design process as well.

I'm able to create advertisements and designs super fast. I am also able to modify them super fast. This means if I need to change something or create slight variations of the same design it can be easily managed.