Adobe Illustrator

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Work for Adobe Illustrator?

Learning about Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Showing 2143 Illustrator reviews
Illustrator review by <span>Nina H.</span>
Nina H.

"Very Great Program"

What do you like best?

I really like Adobe Illustrator's flexibility. I love how no matter how long I use it there is always more to learn! I also really enjoy being creative with it-- I don't feel like I'm stuck within certain bounds, as I do with certain programs. Additionally, I can easily switch between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator when I need to.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to think of anything I dislike about Adobe Illustrator! Sometimes it's a hassle to do certain things but mostly it's pretty simple once you learn the basic tools. I also wish it were easier to save documents as jpg or pdf or pngs. However, once I realized that you just need to export your document instead of simply saving it, it became much easier. I use it for advocacy and I can very easily import photos. The other thing I might change about Adobe Illustrator is that there is no option to crop a photo. It would make my life a lot easier if you could easily crop a photo without masking it or anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend watching some Youtube tutorials to get the gist of Adobe Illustrator's features, and again, later, if you need help, youtube is your friend!

Not sure how to answer this but I do a lot of graphic design with it! I use Adobe Illustrator for advocacy work and I often do fundraisers that require image design.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator review by <span>Kailin K.</span>
Kailin K.

"Let me Illustrate my LOVE for Adobe"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use that Illustrator offers! There is a slight learning curve but understanding how to make Illustrator do what you need it to do is only a few google searches and Youtube videos away. I also love how all of the Adobe products integrate with each other and how easy it is to make a change to one file and have it change on every other file you have it featured on, it allows for the details to always be correct and up to date and saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it can be difficult to achieve that same result twice with some off the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would always recommend Adobe Illustrator, especially if you're going to be using other Adobe products such as Indesign, Premiere, or Photoshop. It allows you to easily insert your designs into videos, documents, and edit them as well.

Adobe Illustrator allowed me to design outreach materials and seamlessly feature those designs on a variety of materials.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Illustrator review by <span>Claire G.</span>
Claire G.

"Allows you to do ANYTHING"

What do you like best?

It was very intuitive to learn. I was able to learn how to do almost everything by downloading images and "tracing" them in Illustrator. The ability to zoom in closer than you ever thought possible!

What do you dislike?

Punching out / stamps - this is the only functionality I don't find intuitive. The "snap to grid" feature drove me CRAZY and took a whole team of designers at work to figure out how to disable. Sometimes when small issues like this arise, it can be hard to figure out how to fix the problem, because it's hard to know exactly what phrase to google for answers (i.e. in that scenario, I was googling "what to do in illustrator when object jumps more than you want it to" which obviously didn't yield helpful results.)

I am able to design anything I want. I've made flat graphics of our different receivers, flat characters representing coworkers, infographics of all kinds that help explain different complex/technical concepts that our employees need to understand.

Illustrator review by <span>Michele R.</span>
Michele R.

"Vector drawing and graphic design"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is a fantastic software, perhaps the best Adobe, with which I realize all my vector graphics for personal projects and for clients. First of all it is perfect for designing corporate logos and corporate identity, perfect in processing with Photoshop when you need to manage raster images. It is also a great tool for creating iconography and graphical interfaces for web and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

I cannot find many flaws in Illustrator that, as mentioned, can be used for different areas. Maybe we could improve the export of graphic interfaces for Photoshop, giving the user more export options, especially if other people will have to work on the project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the designers it is the software par excellence, perhaps together with Photoshop and allows to realize different projects, for illustrations, iconography, print or web, thanks to the numerous tools available, and to the features that are gradually enhanced by Adobe. For the designers it is the software par excellence, perhaps together with Photoshop and allows to realize different projects, for illustrations, iconography, print or web, thanks to the numerous tools available, and to the features that are gradually enhanced by Adobe.

Illustrator allows me to do my job well, offering quality products to my clients, including: logos, corporate identity, packaging design, labeling, flyers, posters, illustrations, but also graphic interfaces and icons for projects related to the web or devices furnishings. Every day I get benefits thanks to the support of Illustrator.

Illustrator review by <span>Kassie H.</span>
Kassie H.

"Best program I've used for creating original vector art"

What do you like best?

I like that Illustrator offers such a variety of tools to accomplish what you're trying to create. It's also easy to draw in Illustrator (with the pen or brush), and easy to create multiple art boards in one file so I can compare multiple versions of the same design side-by-side.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a "dislike", but the pathfinder options to join and clip objects are difficult for me. I know what they all do, but I have a hard time remembering which is which because of all the options. But I think that's more of a personal improvement to work on that a software criticism.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying the product with the free trial option before purchasing. There are other vector-based programs out there. Although Illustrator is perfect for my use, you might find a less expensive or less intensive program that is right for you.

Illustrator makes it easy for me to create custom vector art. I do our company's advertising and marketing, and I like to create content from scratch. Illustrator solves that by easily allowing me to create on screen everything that I had in my mind.

Illustrator review by <span>Jenny W.</span>
Jenny W.

"Total customization"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to absolutely customize every aspect of my designs. Being able to manipulate vector images is invaluable for me.

What do you dislike?

In terms of the actual function, I have no major dislikes. Although I often wish there was a paint bucket tool like the one in Photoshop. But I get by without it. The tech support is a challenge, however, as most of the reps I've spoken with are based in a different country, which makes it hard to understand what they're saying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for it's flexibility and precision. There's a bit of a learning curve, and really, so many functions, that I'm constantly learning new things that I didn't know this product was capable of - which is a good thing. If you're creating logos and graphics, it has an incredible capacity for customization and building from scratch.

I've been able to take ho hum two-dimensional designs and elevate them by customizing our own images, text, etc. We're able to create unique designs that stand out and meet our exact needs.

Learning about Adobe Illustrator?

* We monitor all Adobe Illustrator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.