Do you work for Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator Reviews & Product Details

What is Adobe Illustrator?

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Adobe Illustrator Profile Details

Adobe Illustrator Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

1-50 of 2982 total Illustrator reviews

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

1-50 of 2982 total Illustrator reviews
Illustrator review by Soham S.
Mechanical Engineering Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Most Recent Adobe Illustrator Video Review

"The way the workspace is designed is so user friendly"

Illustrator review by Angelica M.
Digital Marketing Specialist

"Adobe Illustrator Review from a Digital Marketer"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use when you only need to make minor changes to an existing vector. I also like the quality of images. I used this product 2 years ago and it didn't have the option to export for web screen but now it has it, so is perfect for people like me who use this product for web design.

What do you dislike?

It can be complicated to use if you need to create an illustrator from scratch. It can be a bit expensive if you don't use the product a lot (every day), if you just need to make minor changes then it might be a bit expensive. In my case I use it just like 10% of the time and is just to make minor changes like color of a vector, delete certain objects and stuff like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good to have if your company does a lot of design, specially with vectors and illustrations. If you dedicate more than 40% of you activities in design then I will highly recommend you to use this product.

I do web design so for me has been very useful to add certain illustrations and modify them according to my needs or my client's need.

There are a lot of other applications out there to create digital marketing materials but they are not so advanced, must of they don't allow you to modify vector or illustrations so Adobe Illustrator is perfect for such kind of work.

Illustrator review by pedro m.
Community Manager

"What photoshop can't do, Illustrator will do it"

What do you like best?

This is a software! I make collages with this of my before and after work with it and it's quick and easy. It works amazingly well, never lags or crashes, has god knows how many features and filters that are all organized into sections and it works perfect. It’s just amazing and it definitely worth checking out! I specially use it for filters custom exposure and it never failed on me, considering the near endless amount of things that can be done with Adobe's products, and the ones that can’t be done with photoshop will definitely be done with illustrator. To be honest, I didn't think it would work as well as the example photos, but it just transformed a photo taken in a dark room so that it looks like I had a light on

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there’s not much I dislike about it. Maybe a couple of times it has been frozen, but I wouldn’t blame it on the software but on my system or maybe with the last update that came with a problem with the resizing watermark. No matter how large I made my watermark it appeared tiny on my final saves image. However, this was solve with time and, since then, I hasn’t have any complain with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like the tittle says: What photoshop can't do, Illustrator will do it for you. Specially if you like to create content instead of editing. It allows you to get creative

Like I said before, I work creating content. So, most of the times I'm creating logos, messages and other stuff using a lot of adobe products, especialy illustrator and photoshop

Illustrator review by Maggie C.
Art director
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Most handy program for designer"

What do you like best?

You can create anything in this adobe illustrator and I love how they send me the quick video about a shortcut or creative things to do so I can learn while keep expanding my knowledge by using this program.

Also I love how this complete each other adobe design like adobe photoshop (which is good for photo editing) and adobe Indesign which is good for creating a publication such as book, magazine, etc.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. The only issue is when you try to put drop shadow on the object and try to save it, it will slow down your computer and it makes me wonder if that process can be expedite or i will loose the data that i created completely. But overall, I love every feature appears in adobe illustrator and for a designer like us, it is very important to use this program everyday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should get the full suite of adobe products especially if you are more into graphic designer

I usually create logos, icons, and illustration using this program.

As you know, when creating a vector file you need to make sure the quality is good no matter they gonna enlarge it, so using adobe illustrator is the perfect program for most designer.

Illustrator review by Rafael F.
Redactor y auxiliar

"Programa indispensable para diseño gráfico"

What do you like best?

Utilizo Adobe Illustrator para la mayoría de mis trabajos, ya que gracias a que trabaja con mapa de vectores hace que la imagen no pierda calidad por mucho que la aumentemos, y esto para proyector que sabes que se van a agrandar en escala es imprescindible. Me gusta que estén actualizando constantemente A.I. para ofrecer más herramientas y posibilidades de edición y hacer que el trabajo sea más sencillo.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator es un programa muy completo, pero es necesario pagar por él, así que si tienes recursos limitados es posible que no puedas pagarlo. Aún así hay descuentos para estudiantes y adobe cada vez lo pone más fácil a la hora de pagar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este programa es bastante complejo de aprender a utilizar, por lo que si vas a usarlo desde 0 recomiendo hacer varios tutotiales o cursos hasta tener el completo control del programa, ya que solo así se le puede sacar el máximo provecho. Pero si lo que quieres es diseñar o dibujar cualquier cosa en vectores, este es tu programa.

En mi trabajo lo utilizo diariamente para crear contenido digital y físico. Tanto para contenido web, como pancartas o logos. Lo suelo complementar con Photoshop para realizar todo lo necesario y me funciona muy bien a la hora de trabajar.

Illustrator review by Abigail W.
(Myself Only)

"Tough learning curve, but worth it."

What do you like best?

I really love the way this software allows me to create logos for my clients. This is the top vector drawing program for a reason. I am a pretty seasoned user of Illustrator, but I know that there are so many more things it can do that I don't even know. This program makes it easy to deliver quality logos to my clients, and the interface and shortcuts make it easy to have a successful workflow. After getting better at using this software it has made me more successful as a business owner.

What do you dislike?

I think the ability to select colors and add color palettes could be easier. Also, it has a very steep learning curve so you definitely need to use a tutorial or two. There are may out there, and Adobe even offers some when you open the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Youtube tutorials or a program like Pluralsight to help you learn!

I benefit from creating logos with this program that help my clients have a successful brand. Not only does this help my business, but the designs I create help other people in their business. Additionally, I like the way that this project allows me to export multiple art boards to a folder so it is easy to send files to my client. It really helps decrease the time of my workflow. I would recommend this to any other design firm.

Illustrator review by Oliver D.
Freelancer
(Myself Only)

"Industry Standard for a Reason"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator features advanced image tracing technology to convert bitmap images into vector-based graphics with relative ease, something other tools do lack. Whilst this aforementioned feature is only one niche feature mentioned, it is not the only one. Work with packaging and perspective with 3D vector environments, create realistic vector gradients following the shading of objects or skin, go beyond other Illustrative software with a toolset that tackles all possible tasks without needing extensions (though supported) or other software to complement Adobe Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

The price is steep when looking at the software from a long-term perspective. With Creative Cloud entering the mix, you never truly own this software and your ability to upkeep its cost is always hovering above your head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are other pieces of software that accomplish similar end-results. This is great. If you need to be flexible with your work and what type of deliverables you are asked to provide, I recommend Adobe Illustrator. It is a titan in vector based graphics. However, other software exist that achieve comparative results faster, with a shorter learning curve, for more basics tasks that require less advanced features. Think wisely and compare software against each other to save some money.

Quick initial packaging visualizations with either provided or creator graphics is a breeze. Logo design is dead easy with truly staple pen and anchor based editing. Even high fidelity artwork is doable as the program performs reasonably well. Assets and export options save you tons of time, exporting your deliverables in the format and spec that a client expects.

Illustrator review by Jacob H.
Computer Programmer

"The best resource editor"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is an excellent tool for different areas of work, it is super necessary both in the section of graphic design and in the section of software development, the truth is that the resources that can be created here are limited by our imagination since the amount of tools you have to achieve a product of excellence is incredible, particularly I love that you can work with vectors and in such a precise way that it is impressive, I am fascinated that the advertising material or the layout of everything I want to make have a professional finish and that without noting that the price is very accessible for everything that this software offers us.

What do you dislike?

The only bad thing I can say and if it can be considered bad is that to make use of this software it is necessary certain knowledge to be able to take advantage of it, but outside of that the truth is that the only limit is our imagination because even the Software interface is very intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you asked me for my opinion about which is the best editing software, I would say that Illustrator, its price is more accessible than others in the market and we have a great advantage with the great community that supports and supports it. beneficial that is this software.

I have used illustrator for almost all the projects that I have carried out since it allows me to achieve very good finishes but I mainly use it for the creation of logos, business identities and advertising material in addition to the layout of websites and web systems.

Illustrator review by Guillermo F.
Chief of Programming

"Incredible solution for graphic design vector"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of tools that this software has, it is really incredible, besides that the images designed from this software have no scalability problems, they can be increased without losing quality. It depends on the format you can create animations from vector images.

What do you dislike?

One of the big disadvantages of vector graphics can not be supported to encode photographs or videos of the real world. This is a disadvantage since the scalability of photographs is compromised. Another big disadvantage is that vector graphics must be processed and passed to pixels in order to be visualized normally. This data processing is based on calculations to form the final image, and a computer with a certain level of resources is required to do this work

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend all companies that require some type of design of any type that use this tool, since it is really useful, also can be complemented with other tools and get really incredible results

solved problems that we had in the company for the creation of digital images without losing quality due to scalability. Since before to create a small graphic we had to design everything in small, and then for a large banner we had to redesign everything. This software eliminated this waste of time

Illustrator review by Pete F.
Packaging Engineer

"Adobe Illustrator rules in versatility "

What do you like best?

I work primarily as a structural designer for packaging, but graphics are equally important to a successful package. Illustrator is excellent in many ways for this. It integrates seamlessly with many CAD programs so dielines can be imported and exported at full size and without corruption. This allows both end users and manufacturing producers to get a full sense of a final design before any production takes place.

What do you dislike?

Illustrator is ok, but not great at building designs to specific dimensions. Mirroring or copy/pasting lines does not offset the lines precisely where they should go. Also, offsetting a line or matching distance between or of another line is difficult to be precise on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator's ability to integrate with a wide variety of other programs is probably it's greatest asset.

Integration between structural design and graphic design. Ability to create fully rendered 2D & 3D visuals and samples to provide to end users and producers.

Illustrator review by Darrio H.
Technical and Asset operations Engineer, Office of Information Communication Technology Division
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy learning curve endless possibilities,meh on the sharing and collaboration and sharing."

What do you like best?

Ease of use is the biggest contribution. It also is extremely present working with vector files via illustrator. The emphasis on perfecting the basics in terms of shapes, lines, grouping and the user experience is a great plus. I had software issues in the past and the customer support is quite efficient in resolving these issues over the phone. I have to add it is very efficient utilizing memory,.adobe’s implementation of a layer system across it design products is a great way to organize an illustration.

What do you dislike?

All of these years and I still have difficulties working on multiple pages. It’s very limited on the iPad. I wish it had more on the real-time collaboration, possibly a web viewer to share with non adobe cc, or illustrator users. Driver issues with sometimes my dock, or other graphic cards removing hardware acceleration sometimes does the trick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a trial. Figure out your goals first and see if adobe may be right for you. Have at least 8gb ram if you decide to purchase the software. Finally don’t let driver conflicts scare you away from illustrator. I had experienced issues I never had using this at work that were GPU related. With a few clicks it was all up and running.

When creating work orders for our facilities services, I sometimes need custom furniture to be built. I can hand sketch the drawings, but it would of course take some time. I wouldn’t be able to get an approval for cad software and it’s not my primary function so there goes my justification out the window . I had used illustrator through my early years of college, and freelancing. It has an easy learning curve and is extremely user friendly. It had helped tremendously to convey what I would like to be designed in a quick matter. The fact I can also present the files as a shareable link, and as an attachment in our form of an online self service, and finally print with no problem in case if somehow the facility staff miss both representations of the file is a great help.

Illustrator review by Susan R.
Visual Communications Specialist

"The Easiest and Most Powerful Graphic Design Tool"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the best on the market if you're looking for an excellent design program. You can create a very basic design with geometric shapes, or something more elaborate. I like how intuitive the design is and easy to use. I use Adobe Illustrator every single day to create logos, advertisements, social media posts, etc. You name it, Adobe Illustrator can accomplish it!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any real dislikes. Sometimes it can be a bit buggy, but besides that it helps me accomplish my design needs!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator is the easiest of the Adobe programs to use. It's intuitive and helps me accomplish my day-to-day designer activities. I absolutely love this program and there isn't a better solution out there!

I use Adobe Illustrator every single day to create logos, advertisements, social media postings, icons, and powerpoint inserts. I wouldn't be able to serve my clients in the manner they expect without Adobe Illustrator. The benefits are endless and Illustrator is my favorite Adobe program!

Illustrator review by Max M.
CNC Software Manager

"Favorite vector art software"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator makes it easy to prepare vectors. It's easy to pick up and learn the basics and Adobe provides good documentation, but there are so many features and different uses for the software that you could spend an eternity learning and becoming better at the tools and still not utilize half of the features that are available. Integration with Adobe Stock is very helpful if you aren't looking to necessarily work from scratch. Paths are easy to develop.

What do you dislike?

It's missing some tools that are common in CAD software, it can make precise vector work frustrating to create or edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not a replacement for CAD software but for artistic projects and marketing material it has all the tools you could possibly want. When coupled with a license to get high quality vectors and templates like Adobe Stock it really lets you crank out material very quickly. It's a great choice if you are using a laser cutter or similar machine that requires vector paths.

We use it quite a bit for printed marketing banners, brochures, handouts and other layouts and we also use it to create paths for laser cut demo projects. It's excellent for producing clean vector work and excels at things that CAD programs struggle with.

Illustrator review by Gonzalo T.
Redactor

"Ideal para diseño gráfico"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator es el mejor programa que puedes utilizar si quieres vectorizar. Tiene multitus de herramientas que nos facilitan la realización de trabajos gráficos. Es ideal para cualquier diseñador gráfico que quiera trabajar a distintas escalas, y conseguir un resultado profesional. Lo que más me gusta es poder vectorizar cualquier cosa y hacer tus diseños de forma precisa con la pluma y añadirle efectos. También puedes maquetar texto y convertirlo en vector.

What do you dislike?

He tenido algunos problemas con illustrator en cuanto a la hora de aplicar distintos efectos, como desenfoque, pixelizar etc. Mi ordenador se resiente bastante. También a la hora de insertar varias imágenes de tamaños pesados. En definitiva necesitas tener un equipo muy potente y actualizado si quieres utilizar illustrator sin ningún problema.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo para quien necesite un programa de diseño completo, tiene multitud de efectos y herramientas que te van a facilitar el trabajo y si necesitas vectorizar algo, este es el programa definitivo. Por supuesto es un programa complejo de utilizar, así que tendrás que saber usarlo antes de ponerte al trabajo.

Utilizo adobe para crear cualquier contenido gráfico que necesite ser preciso y vectorizado, tanto para logos, como para páginas webs, blogs, carteles, texto... En definitiva cubre mis necesidades de forma eficiente.

Illustrator review by Rafael R.
Desarrollo web

"Imagination is the only limitation that you will have Adobe Illustrator 2k19"

What do you like best?

It is a complete tool, in every way and every time improving much more, in its latest delivery improved form tools, the evolution in the user interface is simply beautiful, the performance of the new suite is fully adaptable to several teams, in the new developments we have the modification of elements in a global way which allows us to make changes of an element in several tables simultaneously, degraded freely, but my favorite is the cut according to the content.

What do you dislike?

Even the compatibility with other vector programs is very poor, exporting almost a sign of bad luck, which forces the entire development team to work under the same guidelines without giving space to new professionals in other areas, when we can say that the impulse of a tool limits the overall growth of a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tool of great power, it is necessary to receive the corresponding inductions to be able to get the most out of adobe illustrator, have related careers with the design and everything related to digital marketing or in cases with architecture, the tool is extremely versatile

The advantages of illustrator when handling a good range of file types is amazing, it helps us to send proposals and layouts in different presentations and qualities, it also offers a better graphic experience, not only working with vectors but also its designer mode helps illustrate in a modern and current way, giving us as an enterprise an air of freshness that few development groups achieve.

Illustrator review by Carlos Eduardo M.
Senior Graphic Designer - Creative Services

" Adobe Illustrator is the best vector graphics editor in the market"

What do you like best?

I've been using Illustrator for more than 12 years and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with, either for print or digital, Illustrator is tied in first place with Photoshop on my list. Things I like below:

1) Adobe Illustrator is the fastest vector graphics editor and it's really smooth.

2) It has very few bugs.

3) It has great integration with the whole Creative Cloud from Adobe. I really like the integrations with Indesign, Photoshop and Adobe XD.

4) Great for formatting characters and paragraphs

5) It's vector-based, so no pixels involved!

6) Great handling of color

7) Lots of new tools, although sometimes they feel gimmicky

What do you dislike?

1) Sometimes rotating photos or pixel-based images can cause weird results.

2) It can also be slow when using big photos.

3) Effects add a lot of stress to the computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't even consider the competition, Adobe Illustrator is the best vector graphics editor in the market. Corel Draw and Inkscape are miles behind. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are everything a graphic designer needs to create visuals. The learning curve can be steep at first but after a couple of months you should be good to go.

We use Illustrator daily in conjunction with Photoshop in order to create all of our graphics for social media, email, videos, webinars, our website, etc. We actually think of both softwares as one since they are so nicely integrated. We also create our brand guides, logos, icons with Adobe Illustrator.

Illustrator review by bato t.
Interior Designer
Architecture & Planning

"Best standard design app"

What do you like best?

I have now used adobe illustrator for many 2 years and still using it to date, it has helped me as a freelance designer, many of my client really love my work and always recommend me to there family and friends, illustrator is the best when it comes to images quality and files exports, it lets a user capture all sorts of vision with different shapes, color and effects, I love much about it, like:

1. its free and safe to download the software.

2. installing and setup is also easiest and if troubles you there are more tutorial on download and installing the software for use.

3. works in desktop and mobiles devices and still create great design

4. lets you set best visual setups for best performances e.g phones, tablets and so on.

5. the designs made by adobe illustrator can be exported to many desired choices and still have best qualities, prints, websites images, videos and also animations.

What do you dislike?

working with images with fixed pixels is so hard, one risks loosing quality.

sometimes when I open the illustrator it gives me an error message and refuses to open and it does clearly show what the problem is.

the software crushes easily and file lose is the most annoying

the software only works best with other software of its brand and hard to work on designs i you don not have such Software.

it expensive if used for personal use

Recommendations to others considering the product

its really a worth try software, the app works great on images with great pixels and give back better results, its results could be used in many ways, web pages, phones and even print outs, and more so pictures created by the illustrator could be made bigger and vice verse and still look the same at any given size.

great and quality designs, clients really do love great work and with adobe illustrator magic nothing goes wrong, it works perfectly on images with color and effects.

Illustrator review by Caitlin G.

"Great Software!"

What do you like best?

I like all of the tools available, specifically the pen tool and pathfinder tools. The pen tool allows me to trace my drawings and make them digital and path finder makes it easy to work with shapes in many different ways. The tools available in Illustrator help me a lot with logo design work and make it easy to align different elements and make things symmetrical when needed.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Illustrator won't give me some automatic guide help. An example of what I mean here would be that in comparison to Adobe Indesign - InDesign will automatically have guides pop up when you are aligning two boxes next to each other. It will even give you markers to show that each box is equal distance from another if you drag off a clone. I would love to see Illustrator have more properties like that the way InDesign does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a few tutorials to get the hang out the layout.

I use Illustrator mainly to create logos and branding elements for my clients. In gaining experience with this program over the years I have realized a few benefits. The user interface of the program is great and easy to get the hang of if you are first starting out. When I create a logo I like to make multiple options to work with and make slight changed to variations as needed. Dragging off a clone of logo allows me to make changes easily while still keeping the original. The direct selection tool is another tool I use often. I like the way you can select specific anchor points to edit as this comes in handy when adjusting a shape.

Illustrator review by Emi F.
Architectural Programmer

"Long-time user and still love it!"

What do you like best?

What I like about Illustrator is the multitude of things you can do with it. I personally use it to make demographic maps, but have used it for other design project as well. There are so many ways of doing something that you feel like you're learning everyday, but at the same time, it is user friendly. Once you know the world, it is very easy to edit and adjust personal settings. Also, I love the large community of supporters out there that help you with any issues you may have. One google search, and you most likely will have a good answer to any problem you have.

What do you dislike?

I have had an issue with the Typekit extension that lets you upload and install fonts. I still think the process of using a new font is tedious and can be shortened by using a cloud system with every font available to Adobe users. For now, I feel that the font integration needs development and improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrator has great tools to tackle quick and easy graphic work yet has other intricate tools to help you with larger projects. I have had both ends of the realm and have enjoyed using it so far.

Adobe Illustrator helps me make most demographic maps, site location maps, and other building system maps as related to architecture. I also use it for other design aspects, such as board layouts for presentations. The benefit is that it is super easy to use and the monthly subscription is amazing in that you are never outdated!

Illustrator review by Brian S.
Owner

"Most powerful Illustration Software on the Market with Some Frustrating Bugs"

What do you like best?

It is the most full-featured Illustration app in existence, besides, perhaps, CorelDRAW. It works with very complex files much better than CorelDRAW and is more compatible with Photoshop and other Adobe programs. Also, it runs on both Macs and PCs, unlike CorelDRAW, which is PC-only.

What do you dislike?

Hardware acceleration creates rendering glitches, making it unusable on many systems. Scripting support could be better (it isn't even possible to run a script with a hotkey, like in Photoshop). Objects behind gradient objects cannot be trimmed. The price is fairly steep, so I wouldn't recommend it to a hobbyist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for anyone who will be making money from digital Illustration, especially if they are in the print industry. There are good, less expensive, alternatives for hobbyists or those with more limited needs.

It is the best software available for creating art for print. I also use it for website and UI mockups, since I am so fluent in it.

Illustrator review by Julieta R.
Lider de Diseño Gráfico
(10,001+ employees)

"I became a professional thanks to this software "

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is my everyday software. This software complements it with other design software to achieve the results I look for in my banners, presentations and graphic designs. I have used this software for a long time and compared it with other design and editing software finding that this software has more complete and advanced illustration tools. For other art there are images that can be vectorized, and end up being much less heavy than a jpg or png image, this allows me to work, not worrying about the amount of space my designs occupy on the hard drive. The images that are vectorized I can modify them to my taste when I want, this is not done by some illustration programs that I used in the past. In general, this software is very good and I have never changed it for other software.

What do you dislike?

One of the problems I face when using this software is with the image cutting tool, since usually when I make an illustration, many nodes appear and this complicates the job of cutting. I should also use Illustrator with other add-on software, especially when I have to edit and add illustration from real-life photos. This limits my productivity a lot because I lose valuable time that I could dedicate just to illustrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any graphic designer who doesn't use this software to make the illustrations, definitely doesn't have good quality work! Because Adobe Illustrator offers excellent tools that far surpass the functions of other software that perform the same function. If you are a graphic designer and you don't use it, then I recommend that you start using it right now.

Despite the problems mentioned above, Adobe Ilstrator is an excellent software with many qualities that have increased my knowledge, skills and creativity in design and illustration. This software is designed with the highest quality standards to make the work aesthetically better and more professional.

Illustrator review by Lilian C.
Lilian Cochatella, Redactora

"El número uno en vectorizar."

What do you like best?

Desde luego lo que más me gusta de Adobe Illustrator, es que es el mejor programa para vectorizar, haciendo que ésto sea muy sencillo gracias a la variedad de herramientas que tiene, y que afortunadamente van actualizando. También me gusta cómo ha ido cambiando la interfaz, siendo más intuitiva y fácil de usar.

What do you dislike?

Estoy muy satisfecha con este programa, pero obviamente algo gratis siempre va a ser una ventaja frente a algo de pago, aunque Adobe Illustrator sea de pago, es el mejor en su rango. Aún así Adobe ha puesto facilidades para el pago, como descuentos para estudiantes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mi recomendación hacia alguien que quiera utilizar illustrator es que sepa utilizarlo, porque sin ningún conocimiento previo es bastante complicado, aunque con un poco de práctica ya sabes lo básico para empezar a crear. Si necesitas hacer carteles, logos, vectorizar imágenes y texto, en general vectorizar cualquier cosa, Illustrator es tu programa.

En mi trabajo lo utilizo para maquetar entradas de blogs, presentar en logo de la empresa en diferentes formatos a distintas escalas, vectorizar textos largos, en general para cualquier tipo de diseño que requiera estar disponible en distintas escalas y formatos, ya que no va a perder calidad y es un lujo.

Illustrator review by Jessica J.
UI / UX Designer

"Great software but being overtaken by new and cheaper software"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of shortcuts and how easy they are to pick up. I like how easy it is to group objects and manipulate shapes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't customise shortcuts, I find the layer aspect not intuitive and tend not to remember to use it. I think that being able to zoom in an out using track pad should be a feature on the older versions and not just CC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise to check out alternate softwares such as Sketch, I have migrated mainly to this now due to simplicity and ease. I think Illustrator is however very useful when using type in a design, the character and paragraph panel offers much more to the user and in a lot of detail. It handle images quite well and being able to have them linked makes for a much smaller file when saving work. Using the image trace function is something I also use quite often, a simple png that you want to replicate from the internet is able to be traced very quickly. Sometimes details is lost however when the image looks very crisp. Overall I would say it's a good piece of software, it's expensive compared to many other softwares but it does have some features that others admittedly don't.

I create low fidelity mockups of things on illustrator, I have realised that it doesn't offer many sizing templates or dimensions that are that helpful.

Illustrator review by Sam S.
UI/Visual Designer
Design

"Easily Make Logos with the Pen Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I have full control in creating logo shapes by using the pen tool and the other tools on the program. I also like that it is easy to drop in colors and export designs to sketch. Lastly, I like that the platform is vector based because of the high visual quality of the designs.

What do you dislike?

The program has a lot of features so it seems like there is a bit of a learning curve. I've taken classes on illustrator and watched a lot of tutorials but I still feel like I've just scratched the surface in known how I can use it to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the tutorials on the program and then look up youtube videos if you have additional questions.

I'm currently using it to create logos for my digital designs, I like that I can easily export designs and then drop them into sketch for a seamless process.

Illustrator review by Alysha B.
Design

"Adobe Illustrator in the Design World"

What do you like best?

I love the extensive range of tools and capabilities you have in illustrator and vector art is the way to go always. You can get as detailed or as simple as you wish in this program. I have used it for over 10yrs since before college so Ive been through all the versions each h year and now we have the creative cloud which is greta.

What do you dislike?

Your settings don't always get saved in the newest version which is frustrating. Sometimes you have to search to find certain tools. The newest version is probably the one I've had the most issues with as far as glitches and bugs, so hoping they are still working those out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just to work out the glitches and bugs with newest versions and it being fully compatible with the newest MAC OS updates

We have to recreate a lot of artwork that is old or all we have is a low res photo to work off of and Illustrator really makes it easy for us to create the same art. We can get designs quick and make them unique so we are maximizing our time with the company and with clients. Its always so frustrating to get artwork from a client and its all been done in Photoshop. If you area graphic designer then this is the program you should always be working in.

Illustrator review by Jose Javier P.
Auxiliar político

"Un programa de diseño gráfico muy completo."

What do you like best?

Sin duda es un programa indispensable para diseño gráfico, e incluso ilustración. Cuesta un poco aprender a utilizarlo, pero una vez lo has hecho, prácticamente puede con todo. Desde un anuncio publicitario, hacer una entrada de blog, carteles informativos, logos, incluso ilustrar dibujos. Lo mejor que tiene es sin duda poder vectorizarlo todo, ya que no pierde calidad y si necesitas ampliar algo a gran escala lo puedes hacer sin temor a que tenga píxeles.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta si tengo que elegir, es que es de pago. Pero por lo menos tienes unos días de prueba, así que si no te gusta o no te haces con el programa, no tienes por qué hacerlo. También es díficil de utilizar si no tienes conocimientos previos. Pero con que le eches un poco de tiempo es suficiente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo para cualquiera que necesite hacer algo de diseño gráfico (incluso ilustraciones) y necesite vectorizarlo. Es un poco difícil de aprender a utilizarlo, pero hoy en día hay tutoriales gratuítos en muchas páginas web. Además se va actualizando constantemente por lo que hace las cosas más fáciles e intuitivas.

Yo, como mucha gente, lo utilizo para crear cualquier cosa relacionada con el márketing o la publicidad, tanto banners como carteles de eventos y por supuesto para logos. Es genial poder encuadrar texto e imágenes en un mismo sitio y poder vectorizar todo.

Illustrator review by Eduardo C.
Auxiliar político

"Perfecto para diseño a gran y pequeña escala"

What do you like best?

Creo que no existe un programa mejor para diseño como el Adobe illustrator, lo que más destaca sin duda es poder vectorizarlo todo, tanto algo pequeño, como son logos, como carteles publicitarios y escalarlo a tu gusto según la demanda. Me gusta que se vaya actualizando constantemente para hacer que las cosas sean más sencillas.

What do you dislike?

Quizás si tengo que ponerle alguna pega a este programa es su precio elevado. Existen programas alternativos gratuitos, pero no son tan completos y eficientes. También es un poco difícil de utilizar sin conocimientos previos, por lo que tendrás que estar bastante familiarizado con el programa para sacarle partido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo este programa para todo aquel que quiera diseñar cualquier tipo de cartel, logo, panfleto publicitario, crear ilustraciones etc. En definitiva es indispensable para cualquier diseñador gráfico, contando con la gran ventaja y por lo que tanto destaca, que es poder vectorizarlo todo.

Es muy útil para diseño gráfico, márketing, publicidad etc. Yo personalmente lo utilizo para crear imágenes de entradas de posts nuevos, para carteles informativos y por supuesto para logotipos.

Illustrator review by Jade G.
Owner, Designer

"The only choice for working with vector files!"

What do you like best?

This Adobe software is the only choice for working in vector files. It's reliable, more than you will ever need, and from a trustworthy company. I like the cross-platform abilities with Photoshop and InDesign. The new "libraries" feature throughout the Adobe software is a nice added touch!! I also love the fact that I have access to my software on my laptop or via the cloud if I needed to access it elsewhere. Huge love of that option. Adobe has stepped up trememendously in the 2018 release of it's software.

What do you dislike?

As with all Adobe software, there is a huge learning curve. It's such a large program, that it is overwhelming at times. Nonetheless, it's still the only choice to go with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the learning curve to use this software. It's available in desktop, cloud version, and I believe even in a limited mobile version. We are very pleased with this software and will continue using it moving forward!

Working in the design industry, there are some projects that cannot be printed/created from a jpeg, pdf, or otherwise written file. The pure vector format allows for the file to be scaled infinitely large. Billboard? No problem! We have found it to be a huge asset with clients who have consistently large projects and project files.

Illustrator review by Adam B.
Owner

"Best Print Design Tool On The Market"

What do you like best?

I love how powerful this tool is. There are so many things you can do with it. It can do basic 3D renderings, Poster Design, etc. I primarily use it for print design but I find myself creating digital graphics as well with it. It is a great tool if you want to create one page documents or create multiple renderings off of one drawing. This is the best vector graphics tool on the market.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a hole lot that I dislike about it. It really is an amazing tool but if there is one thing I need to choose is that I wish their mobile version had all the same tools their desktop version had.

I use Adobe Illustrator everyday for my work. I design print layouts and digital graphics for my job and for other customers. This tool makes it a lot simpler to do my job.

Illustrator review by Marc W.
Account Manager

"Fully Capable, Worth the price"

What do you like best?

I love that I can take any concept, artwork, or idea, and bring it to life exactly as I have it imagined in my head. From logo design to story boards, book layouts, etc. Illustrator is always my first step when starting a new project due to the range of tools it offers the user.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost, $60/month is a bit steep for the Adobe Suite of products. Additionally, some of the controls are a bit clunky or hard to find, and I wish there was a way to more logically lay out all of the tools available. Some tools that are incredibly useful (Such as flip, reflect, etc) don't have hotkey shortcuts, and for tools you use so frequently, I find that frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy! It's a very complex program, so take advantage of their free trial to make sure you'll be comfortable using it!

Adobe Illustrator allows us to take a client's artwork, whether it be fully designed already, or just a sketch of an idea, and turn it into a digital asset that we can use to give them a full range of product ideas, visualized. Since it is a vector program, it also allows us to send that file directly to a printer or manufacturer, where they can scale it as necessary depending on the needs of the product we are creating.

Illustrator review by Hailey S.
Graphic Design Director
Graphic Design

"Illustrator is the most robust and professional tool for vector graphics!"

What do you like best?

I love the wide variety of tools that make a wide variety of complicated techniques possible. The tools make design work clean and profession. It's easy to use once you learn and practice the tools making it quick and effective to export work. I love Adobe Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

The program is great for the most part, but there are small updates that could make it more user-friendly. It can be difficult to customize settings. For the most part though, I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best tool to use for professional Graphic Designers. It is the only program that can do custom vector design which is valuable for logos, illustrations, and a multitude of projects. I highly recommend investing in this tool if you a serious about a career in graphic design in any form.

It's easy to make a variety of sizes of graphics with different art boards. I can create things quickly and efficiently with the highest quality, so it has played a significant role in my productivity.

Illustrator review by Zohaib A.
Co-Founder
(Myself Only)

"Great software for Vector Design"

What do you like best?

I work in 2d/3d and doing Vector design is an almost daily part of my routine. For me, Illustrator particularly shines in creating logos, vector art and product mockups for marketing campaigns. It definitely helped me get out of my comfort zone and try new things as I go along.

With all said above, here are some of my favorite feature of Illustrator:

1. Vector design

2. The new gradient tool

3. bitmap tracing

4. Shape builder tool (great for merging existing vectors)

5. Blend tool for shapes

5. GPU rendering for faster output

What do you dislike?

For new people, it might be difficult to get a hang of the software but with it's new release in 2018, that shouldn't be a problem. If you already work in graphic design then you won't have to worry about anything. Furthermore, It helped me build my career from the bottom up and it was great getting to learn and build my portfolio for all the jobs I've gotten so far, So, great job and a massive high five to Illustrator's team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend using this product along with adobe's new software, Dimension. When combined, they both can achieve great product mockups. Good luck!

It helps me create product mockups and in creating vector shapes/art which I then use in various presentations for potential clients.

Illustrator review by Ratna S.
Graphic Design

"Best Logo & Illustrator Designing Software"

What do you like best?

This is The Only Best Software for Making a Great & Amazing Logo Design. Not Only Logo Design I use this Software to make a better Caricatures, Cartoons, Vector Tracing of any Image, Presentation and Many more things. All the features I need to get better results for me are available in this software. And The Most Important thing I like about this Software that They Continuously working to Improving there Software very fast Every Year and Adding New features.

What do you dislike?

Now This Day Every Designing Software Company take One time fees for there Software, But Adobe Illustrator takes Monthly Subscription fees to use their software which I don't Like About this Software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Recommend all People to use their Trial Version of the Software and Learn it First, Then Go to buy Subscription of the software. Because for new this is a little bit difficult to understand. Thank You

I am a Graphics Designer and Doing Freelancing where I use this Software for Doing Jobs, Like Vector Tracing, Logo Designing, Caricatures making and Presentation Designing and Many More Small uses.

Illustrator review by Sarah K.
Graphic Specialist

"Can't do my job without this program"

What do you like best?

As a graphic designer who mainly creates logos, brochures, infographics, and icons, I find this software essential. I have Adobe Creative Cloud through my company so I can enjoy all of Adobe Illustrator's features and updates. Adobe seems to be on top of adding on tools and new capabilities that are needed in my everyday workflow. I also find new tools that I didn't think I needed but they greatly enhance my designs. Adobe also is always looking to improve and ask for my feedback which I value. They've created a program that is easy to use, easy to learn, and gets the job done while also providing valuable tools and features that enhance the overall experience.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, if it wasn't for my company paying for my subscription, I would not be able to afford this program on my own. When I was a student, I was able to buy the student program and use it for many years. Now that Adobe has switched to a subscription-based program, instead of paying once to use the program, I have to pay every year even if I don't mind using out-of-date software.

Also, because they are constantly pushing out updates, I've run into some minor glitches along the way that takes a week to patch. I'm thankful that they release updates and patches on a regular basis but this can upset my workflow. I had a serious project due once and my suite of programs updated overnight. In the morning, I felt lost and had to quickly learn how to adjust to the new settings and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is the standard in the Graphic Design world. If you are interested in or currently in this industry, I highly recommend learning, using, and becoming familiar with this software and the other major software in the Adobe Suite.

With Adobe Illustrator I am able to create value-added graphics for the marketing team. That includes icons for their presentations, infographics for the data we collect, and branding for our products. This gives us a clean and professional look and feel. Adobe Illustration has benefitted me by giving me easy and reliable software to do my job. They also have a wide expanse of support tools such as forums and the help center that I can access if I need. Also, using Adobe Illustrator, which is the standard for the work I do, allows me to work with other designers seamlessly without worrying about file compatibility. They are also working to make fonts, colors and other assets easier to transfer to other designers via Pantone's color system and their Typekit site.

Illustrator review by User in Government Administration

"Would Highly Recommend to Others"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator really makes life a lot easier and I really like using it when I'm dealing with a creative project! I've been able to create a variety of different using Adobe Illustrator. Most recently, I was able to use Adobe Illustrator to create business cards for staff members and that was really cool to do since I realized how creative I could be when creating just business cards.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that Adobe Illustrator can a little hard to understand and/or interpret, especially for people who do not have a background in graphic design. As a result, you may often find yourself stuck in situations where you have no idea how to move forward in the project that you are on in Adobe Illustrator. However, this gets easier through time and practice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure as to how much Adobe Illustrator costs as I'm not the one paying for it but rather, my company does. However, I think it is worth every cent because it is such a useful little tool. I definitely use it much more than any other Adobe products out there.

The business problem that we solved with Adobe Illustrator was being able to create a lot of our own content without having to utilize external resources. A benefit that we realized is that this can be financially beneficial. Another personal benefit is that I do much better at work after working on a creative project on Adobe Illustrator.

Illustrator review by Subah A.
Ladders for Leaders Fellow