Adobe InDesign

Adobe InDesign is a versatile desktop publishing application that gives you pixel- perfect control over design and typography.

Work for Adobe InDesign?

Learning about Adobe InDesign?

Adobe InDesign Reviews

Showing 1643 Adobe InDesign reviews
Adobe InDesign review by <span>Molly M.</span>
Molly M.

The best program for advanced text layout

What do you like best?

Indesign is my go-to program for formatting large amounts of text. It is an incredibly capable program and I think it has more features than I could ever dream of utilizing. My favorite feature is using Paragraph Styles and Character Styles to apply changes to lots of text at once. I also love the linked text boxes, and the new dark color scheme that came out somewhat recently.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, creating work in Indesign takes me a lot longer than equivalent work in Illustrator. But it's absolutely necessary to use Indesign when working with large amounts of text.

For beginners, Indesign is a very daunting program and I imagine that some people give up on using it before they realize what it is capable of.

One small feature request I have is the ability to customize the details that show up in the "Info" section of the Links panel because that info takes up precious space and it's not all important to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Indesign has a steeper learning curve than other Adobe products, in my opinion. It can be intimidating. There is a useful blog called Indesign Secrets which has a lot of helpful information.

Thanks to Indesign, I recently created a multi-page interactive booklet with a hyperlinked table of contents that bring you to that specific question, which I think is very neat.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign review by <span>Nicole S.</span>
Nicole S.
Validated Review

InDesign is extremely useful!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

InDesign allows you to do pretty much anything you need it to. I use it for flyers, signage, invitations, and practically anything else I need for my position. The software allows me flexibility with my designs and I can use a wide range of pictures and vectors with the software. I use it pretty much weekly and I appreciate the preset designs also available for InDesign. It's never steered me wrong!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when you move a file that is used in the program, the link becomes broken. I get that that's done to keep things running quickly but it is a tad inconvenient. I also dislike the lack of variance in templates available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider InDesign for your design and publishing needs. Take the time to learn and understand how to use the software.

I can customize and create my own event materials with InDesign, which saves money. I also can make signage the week of the event and create them on a whim, which I really appreciate being able to do!

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Desktop Publishing solution do you use?

Adobe InDesign review by <span>Carlos Alberto S.</span>
Carlos Alberto S.
What do you like best?

In conjunction with other Adobe tools, it is one of the most important tools in the repertoire of every graphic designer. It allows you to design printable files such as advertising posters or brochures in a very comfortable way. From my point of view, it's like an Illustrator to make much more professional and complicated projects (It's not always like that). It has an interface that is quite similar to that of Illustrator or Photoshop, so if you are a frequent user of Adobe tools, you will be able to familiarize yourself very easily with InDesign.

What do you dislike?

It is quite powerful so without a computer with specific requirements, the experience with this program can not be entirely good, since the amount of resources required is quite demanding. In addition to all this, it is not a program that offers a tool of tutorials or guides that help with the integration of new users to make your experience with InDesign is much more dynamic and friendly, but on the contrary, each user must be learning by itself each function or characteristic of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me it is one of the best tools that exist to make printable file designs, and although it is a bit expensive, I certainly say that it is too much worth trying, besides that on the adobe website the company offers a period of tests that I consider is enough to decide.

It is one of the tools that has helped me the most in my current job, since with it I do most of my tasks as a graphic designer in the company, so the amount of advantages I get from using this program is quite broad, a of them is that with this tool I am much more comfortable doing the tasks since I am quite familiar with Adobe, which allows me to have a pretty good handling of their tools, plus the compatibility between them is quite good

Adobe InDesign review by <span>Frederick F.</span>
Frederick F.

InDesign Catalogs

What do you like best?

The way you work with large amounts of copy is great. This program is also the best program to provide a good or catalog with a large amount of pages to export to a PDF for a printer. The Master pages allow you to keep formatting and design assets that will exist on all or almost all pages. Makes page numbering a breeze as well.

What do you dislike?

I really like to incorporate icons and vector graphics into my work. That is my biggest problem with InDesign, I would like to see some simple vector incorporation like color or pathfinder from illustrator and eventually just have full vector edibility in this program would be a dream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Print Documents with a lot of pages? This is the one you need, especially if you are an Adobe user.

At my company we do an annual catalogs of our product line. I use InDesign to layout the pages and design. This allows me to export too the printer very easily. I have tried to use illustrator with about 28 art-boards and the file size was insane. If you are looking to produce a document with a lot of pages in order in a book style this is the best program you can find.

Adobe InDesign review by <span>sierra m.</span>
sierra m.

Layout hero

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love how easy this program makes it to layout any kind of document, there are so many useful features. My favorite thing is being able to make a fill out document interactive, it can make life so much easier. You can also add buttons and check marks which I this is pretty cool.

What do you dislike?

There are so many setting and so many things you can do with this program which is great but that also means sometimes it can be hard to find exactly what you need. It also is definitely not somewhere you would use its pen tool, Im not sure why they even have one. I also think they could improve how vector items transferred from Ai look and scale inside of Id.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I definitely think anyone who does document layout or wants their pdfs to be interactive should use this program. It makes formatting paragraphs and images easy. There are also a ton of free tutorials if you ever get lost.

This program makes it easier to layout flyers and collateral items I make for work. I love the facing pages it makes it so much easier when im doing book layout.

Adobe InDesign review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

Novice

Validated Review
What do you like best?

As a novice using InDesign, I thought that it had a pretty decent artboard and set up. Has a lot of great features packed into one program so I didn't have to switch between many programs to create my branding package. I was able to create brochures from InDesign, Flyers, and Editorials. I enjoy it's text-linking feature and text style sheets that I found myself fiddling with a lot so it was wonderful to have the convenience of the sheets. It has great little tools to also help with making sure everything is perfectly lined up, I like even the small details of being able to type "+.1in" in the the Control panels : X,Y,W & H section.

What do you dislike?

I felt as though the program was prone to running slowly unless on the view "Typical Display". It can't seem to handle high quality image layouts as well as it's counterpart Photoshop and Illustrator. While it's a great program I wish that it would run a little smoother when moving images around because I found myself getting frustrated and wanting to run back to Photoshop for it's ease in image arranging.

I feel that I can efficiently create from one program if need be if I'm traveling and only have Indesign on my laptop instead of the whole suite. So I would say saving money here and there has helped the business.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Adobe InDesign?

* We monitor all Adobe InDesign reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.