Adobe Lightroom Classic

(125 reviews)

Adobe Lightroom Classic gives you one-click tools and advanced controls to make your photos look amazing and easily organizes all your photos on your desktop, and share in a variety of ways.

Work for Adobe Lightroom Classic?

Learning about Adobe Lightroom Classic?

Adobe Lightroom Classic Reviews

Showing 126 Adobe Lightroom Classic reviews
View Original

"Best software for photo editing"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Lightroom Classic
Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"The Best Photo Developing App!"

What do you like best?

Quite easy to use and very powerful in preparing images for publication. Offers professional quality tools to make digital photos shine. Easy to input photos and has all of the tools structured in a way that would even be familiar to old school filmlab darkroom operators.

What do you dislike?

I have very few complaints about Lightroom Classic. The library might be the only weak spot, that could use some reorganizing. However I suspect that Adobe is no longer focusing on Lightroom Classic. This part of lightroom is not that user-friendly to non-Adobe Suite users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a close look at whether Lightroom or LightroomCC better suits your needs.

I am a realtor who shoots all of my own photography for my property listings. I want these pics to really showcase the property and often they need touching up to brighten shadows, reduce blowouts through windows etc. and get the lighting right so the warmth of a property comes through.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

"Somewhat Useful Software"

What do you like best?

I really like how Adobe Lightroom Classic can be used for so much more than just editing photos. I really like the photo organizing perks that come with this software. Adobe Lightroom Classic allows users to create a library where they can organize photos based on the events in which they were taken or the dates they were taken. Having all the photos in your computer organized on Adobe Lightroom makes everything much easier to find and its really helpful!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Adobe Lightroom Classic is mostly advertised as an editing software but it's really not the best for that. I personally think Photoshop will always remain a better alternative for editing photos and don't see myself using Adobe Lightroom Classic much for editing photos going forth in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Adobe Lightroom Classic is advertised as an editing software, I'd rather use it for photo organization more than anything else as I think there are far better photo editing alternatives. However, I would reccomend for others to try this out and see if they think it will be useful for their organization. The free trial is a good time to check that out.

A business problem that we solved with Adobe Lightroom Classic was being able to have an effective method of organizing all the photos that our organization has. Adobe Lightroom Classic was very beneficial because it's somewhat cheap and now we have a organized library of all of our photos.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good for Photo Management - That's About It"

What do you like best?

As a nonprofit organization, we hold many events throughout the year, usually for fundraising. As a result, we have thousands of photos. I liked how easy it was to manage all of our photos with Adobe Lightroom. We were able to clear out our folders and create organized folders on Adobe Lightroom Classic based on the event in which they were taken. This helped us stay really organized.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Lightroom Classic is often marketed as an alternative to Adobe Photoshop. However, I did not find Adobe Lightroom Classic to be that useful for editing and think it's just much better for storing and organizing photos than for anything else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I would stick to Photoshop for editing photos, I would nevertheless highly reccomend Lightroom if you or your organization is looking for a platform to store photos so that they stay organized and easy to find.

The business problems that we are solving with Adobe Lightroom Classic is having a much better solution to the way that we organize our photo files from events. This is crucial as we often need photos for creating marketing content or to post on social media.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A Great Supplement When Using Photoshop!"

What do you like best?

I think that Adobe Lightroom Classic is a great addition to have for your editing needs. It supplements Adobe Photoshop very well as this can be used for putting last touches, such as filters, as well as for photo management. Since our organization hosts a lot of events, organizing and storing photos has always been an issue. With Adobe Lightroom Classic, I am able to easily organize photos based on the event in which they were taken.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that there's a lot less you can do on Adobe Lightroom Classic than you can on Adobe Photoshop. This is due to the fact that on Photoshop, you can do things like editing out pimples or extra things in the photo. However, Lightroom Classic is much more for basic editing to improve composition as well as for organizing photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Adobe Lightroom Classic is definitely headed in the right direction and meets requirements and is easy to use. I would highly reccomend to other organizations to give this a try as I'm sure the benefits of using Adobe Lightroom Classic will be very good. I absolutely love using this after using Adobe Photoshop!

A business problem that we solved with Adobe Lightroom Classic was being able to find a proper solution to our issue of not being able to properly store and manage photos from events that we hosted. With Adobe Photoshop, we were able to do such and it was great! This is very beneficial because now I can easily identify photos because of how organized everything is.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Steven Z.
Steven Z.

"Lightroom Classic Better Than New Version"

What do you like best?

Lightroom classic has the options and ability to customize better than the newer version. What I like best is that this one does not force you to back up online, or store online. It's quick, and easy once open.

I also like how quickly you can get through editing- batch editing is a breeze. Matching other photos to the tone of one of the others is great. Overall, this is one of the best editing products I have in my workflow. I would reccomend this without any reservations.

What do you dislike?

It seems to take a very long time to open. That should be one of the most basic things to fix. I have reached out to Adobe about this and the naswers they give are the worst. The last one was to reinstall the product. Still, that didn't help at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only recommendation would be that you should be prepared to wait. When loading Lightroom it can take some time. Across all computers I have used this product on, it is painfully slow to load. Once it's loaded, it moves much quicker.

I'm able to edit on the go- Lightroom Classic does not require an internet connection, so when I am in the field, shooting photos, I have a very quick turnaround time.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good Alternative to Photoshop for Smaller Edits"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that while Adobe Photoshop is great for modifying the actual content of a picture, Adobe Lightroom Classic allows for more broad edits that help improve the whole picture. Whether it be changing the perspective or cropping, a lot can be done on Lightroom to improve a composition of a photo. In addition, I really like the presets that can be made, which can make the editing process very easy and less time-consuming.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that most of the options seem hidden in Adobe Lightroom Classic. Unlike Photoshop where everything was in front of me, I have to navigate throughout different tabs and then some more tabs in order t do something. This can be a little cumbersome at times as I''m not used to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to use alongside the other Adobe products. Highly reccomend using this to improve composition and look of photos.

A business problem that we're solving with Adobe Lightroom Classic is stopping our old method of hiring freelance photographers, which saves us a lot of money. By photographing and editing with Adobe Lightroom Classic ourselves, my company is able to save money and get through certain projects much quicker.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Lightroom Makes Photo Editing a Breeze"

What do you like best?

Adobe clearly took into consideration a photographer's workflow when designing this program. The workflow is pretty seamless, and the tools in LR make editing a breeze (like the copy/paste/sync functions that apply the same edits to as many photos as you want!). I love this program and can't imagine editing photos without it. You can also apply keywords to your photos to help you find specific images faster, make a map of your image location, and more. And the organization that LR provides is amazing! You can also make and save your own presets instead of buying expensive presets online. The export options make life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced tools or functionalities may require training to be able to use them properly. But I think even a newcomer could start using the program at a basic level with few issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have trouble learning all the functionalities of LR, consider taking a course on Lynda.com so that you can use all of the tools available to you! Great program! It will speed up your workflow significantly!

I edit ALL of my photo shoots in LR. It cuts my editing time down so much. I used to use Photoshop and switched when Lightroom became available. The difference is like night and day. LR is a life saver and a time saver! I love having multiple export options for high-resolution of web resolution photos as well.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Evan T.
Evan T.

"Adobe Lightroom Classic - An Efficient Photo Processing Solution"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Lightroom Classic is the catalog functionality. It organizes and indexes photos while allowing the user to use automatic or manual file management. Photos can be added to the catalog from any folder on the system, or imported from a memory card and automatically stored in a designated location. Unlike many other photo management programs, Lightroom Classic can keep track of photos no matter where they are stored on the machine. Not everything has to be kept in one directory. Lightroom Classic is also a non-destructive editor and will not modify the original photos from the camera. All changes are saved in the catalog file and can be undone at any time. The editing functionality is very flexible and provides all the RAW adjustments and processing I could need. It also integrates directly with Adobe Photoshop CC for advanced image manipulation and retouching.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom Classic is not the most efficient software to run. It frequently suffers from lag when moving between images in the catalog, even with solid-state storage on a top-end workstation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For users of Adobe Creative Cloud, I would highly recommend Lightroom Classic. It integrates well with Photoshop CC and provides all the functionality needed in a RAW processor. The cataloging feature is extremely useful. For users who are not currently Creative Cloud subscribers, however, other options may be more cost-effective, but would lack the benefits of the Adobe ecosystem.

Adobe Lightroom Classic helps solve organization problems and makes my photo library easy to manage. I can keep each project in its own folder on whichever storage drive I need and quickly access any photo I need from within the software. It saves me time and effort looking for files since I can have everything sorted and indexed. It is a powerful editing tool and makes reviewing, selecting, editing, and exporting photos a quick and streamlined process.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Corey M.
Corey M.

"An incredibly powerful RAW image processor"

What do you like best?

Adobe lightroom is great for making nondestructive edits to a large batch of files. Any of the edits you make in lightroom are made and saved to a copy of the original file, so you will always have your original. It is also incredible easy to learn and master. What's even better is that there is a whole community built around the program that provide custom filters and more. Lightroom has helped us to create an incredibly efficient workflow for our projects. You can import your images, sort through and select what you want to use, process the RAW images, add keywords, organize the files, create web galleries, and upload directly to social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

While it is very powerful for batch processing, if you need to make more complicated photo manipulations or fine tuned edits, you are most likely going to have to use Photoshop. As with all Adobe products, you are going to have to pay for a subscription to use it. GIMP on the other hand is free. If you need to retouch photos this is not the program for you. Additionally, this program is only made for editing photos. If you need to edit vector graphics for instance, you'll need to jump into another program like Adobe Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't familiar with other adobe programs, it can be a learning curve in the beginning. But once over the hump, it's pretty intuitive to use.

Batch processing photo files from athletic events that we are photographing.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Kira C.
Kira C.

"Lightroom is the light of my life"

What do you like best?

I love how much I can change and edit my photos. There's a variety of different ways to label and sort my photos and I'm able to make small edits in addition to being able to tone and process them. I am able to totally transform my photos, make different products, and export them in whatever format I need all within Lightroom.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about Lightroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out, it works well for all basic types of photos you might encounter from portraits to nature to city to journalism. It easy to learn and has a ton of great features.

I use Lightroom to edit photos for my job and for my own business. I use it to sort photos and make products like collages for different portrait shoots. It allows me to edit and tone photos however I need.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Best application for batch editing"

What do you like best?

The ability to batch edit and export very easily. While I do love photoshop, I would absolutely recommend lightroom for anyone looking to get through a large amount of photos and being able to apply the same edit to each. Exporting is so easy, with the ability to export to a specific folder and batch name all of your photos. The user-friendly interface has made is quick to learn but has also allowed me to have free reign when editing. There are so many option for adjusting lighting, color, and more that I get excited to plug in new photos and play around with the settings to create a unique look. I also get to go into my phone and with the app, have all the controls I would on my computer.

What do you dislike?

At times, lightroom will freeze or move slower than anticipated when scrolling between photos. The clone tool and others like it don't work very well because it is not an easy layer-friendly software. Any time I hope to do major layer work, I'll turn to Photoshop. Other than that, there isn't anything I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, and use all the control! It is truly amazing how editing can shape a photo, and lightroom makes it easy to be creative.

Being able to turn out a large number of edited photos in a short amount of time- I can see which edits I have liked for previous shoots and apply them to others. My speed of editing has increased because Lightroom has been so easy, and once you get the hang of it, it is

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Nereida B.
Nereida B.

"The best tool to edit my works of art"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy the most when using adobe lighroom is that I can synchronize a classic collection with "Lightroom Mobile" and have those photos available for editing in CC, either on the desktop, on mobile devices or on tablets. This is really sensational.

What do you dislike?

I find the handling of the files unclear, probably due to an interface, in some aspects unclear.

No doubt the programmers will have generated a new version based on the criticism of the users. Unfortunately, for costs I can not quickly migrate to the new version

Recommendations to others considering the product

The photo that you have uploaded to the cloud is yours. No one is going to appropriate it. Your Adobe ID protects your photos. They are in the cloud and are your photos.

Adjustment presets brush, such as dodge, burn, soften skin and whiten teeth, no longer exist; simply is allowed to manually adjust the various black sliders exposure, lighting, and white.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by S B.
S B.

"Adobe Lightroom - great for quick editing. "

What do you like best?

I like that it’s just geared towards photo editing. It's streamlined for photographers. It is perfect for quick exposure bumps, temp changes, quick skin fixes. I likee that you can use it alongside photoshop. It is a good product. I like that you can shoot in jpeg and work on the jpeg file in lightroom too.

What do you dislike?

The workflow, that you have to click instead of swipe a brush. It’s very limited when compared to photoshop. Lightroom doesn't go as in depth as photoshop does. I work with raw files and lightroom doesn't support raw files as well as photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like the brush features in Photoshop then lightroom isn't going to work. LR is like a light version of photoshop

The only "problem" was the productivity. It slowed down the editing process. It would be beneficial if I needed to lightly edit photos. It doesn't offer enough features for me.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Alan H.
Alan H.

"Creating galleries for web or otherwise...a breeze"

What do you like best?

Once you get past the slightly cluttered interface, it is actually quite intuitive and easy to use! I use it for making web photo galleries that I used to be able to do on previous editions of Fireworks and on Adobe Bridge, until the CC version deprecated the function.

A web search revealed the feature got folded into the newest edition of Adobe Lightroom Classic, now known as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC.

What do you dislike?

The interface comes off as incredibly intimidating and rather cluttered. A little self-discovery and some web tutorials makes the interface come off as less intimidating, but still rather cluttered and all over the place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know there are other functions for Lightroom Classic, but if you're looking for a tool to create and deploy web photo galleries for your feature, website or portfolio, this is it. There is a little bit of a learning curve due to the intimidating interface and myriad of options, but once you get the web gallery module installed into the program, then you are ready to get your galleries on!

With the feature deprecated off Fireworks and later Bridge, we were unable to create web photo galleries for certain features. Lightroom Classic allowed us to restore the galleries and get certain features back up and running for the first time in years.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Christopher J.
Christopher J.

"Organize and Edit your Photos in Seconds"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is amazing at organizing your photos while allowing you to do some major editing with ease. It also has tagging capabilities so you can find your pictures quick (which is great when you have 1000's). Another feature I love of Lightroom is how easy it is to submit pictures for stock footage.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve of Lightroom can be pretty steep and the Adobe tutorials are kind of skimpy. Fortunately, there are plenty of YouTube videos of tips and tricks you can learn from. Also, there are now 2 versions of Lightroom. Lightroom CC (which is cloud-based) and Lightroom Classic which is desktop based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to edit and organize your pictures you will be hard-pressed to find a better program. Make sure you decide if you want to use Lightroom Classic (Desktop) or Lightroom CC (Cloud-Based).

Lightroom Classic allows you to quickly organize and edit your pictures from a shoot. Also, once you find a look you like from a shoot you can create a preset from that and then apply that same look with a couple of clicks of a mouse.

For business it allows me to quickly create and organize photo collateral for my website.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Rorie R.
Rorie R.

"Amazing Photo Editor"

What do you like best?

I LOVE Lightroom. I was a little hesitant at first simply because I felt it was a fancier version iPhoto on Macs - and while I do still see how it could be considered this way - I changed my mind when I realized how fast it made editing my photos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish I could select a specific part of the photo to edit without affecting the rest of the image the way you can in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't question it - completely worth the money considering how much time you'll save.

I've seriously decreased my editing time, especially with the copy>paste develop settings capabilities. It might seem lazy, but very often my photos have very similar lighting and the editing rarely differs from photo to photo in these cases. Why waste extra time applying the same settings if I don't have to?

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"Great for photographers and non-photographers alike"

What do you like best?

As a dabbling photographer, I appreciate the simplicity LR Classic as to offer. As my editing abilities advance, I'm able to use the more sophisticated features the program offers to enhance my style. Syncing with my phone, I'm also able to edit on the go and ensure my photos, whether snapped on my phone or my camera, all have a cohesive look and remain inline with my brand.

What do you dislike?

It can feel overwhelming at first, as there are a lot of tools and levers to play with your photos. I wish there was a fast way to cull photos within the app and an easier way discard those I don't plan to develop or change my mind about as I edit.

With LR, I'm able to remain consistent in my editing and streamline the process. Batch editing my photos saves me a ton of time.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Julieanne M.
Julieanne M.

"Best Photo Editing Software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Lightroom is how responsive it is across all devices (tablet, laptop, phone). If you have Adobe CC, it's even easier to switch back and forth between devices to edit photos that you have uploaded.

Also, its ease of use makes it great for all levels of photographers to use. If you wish to edit the same photo in photoshop, your edits will carry over directly into PS and you're able to carry it back over into LR.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have a lot of RAM on your computer, it can cause your computer to run slow after using it for a long period of time.

The app on the phone tends to crash, which is very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to learn and edit all types of Photography with. Also, very easy to carry over editing into Photoshop and then back into Lightroom.

I currently edit all of my RAW photos in there. For me, it's so much easier than photoshop to edit. The various tools in Lightroom make it easy to color correct and highlight certain points in the photos.

Being able to carry over the same look into photos is extremely easy in LR. If I want to keep the same color tone for an entire shoot, I can save my changes as a preset and then apply it into the rest of the photos from the entire shoot. In addition to color changes, it allows you to carry over gradient effects within the preset you create.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"The Best Photo Editing Software Out There"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough wonderful things about Lightroom. The user interface is beautiful, it is simple to learn, and it streamlines your photo editing process. It has the basic capabilities of Photoshop but is significantly easier to use. There isn't much you can't do within Lightroom itself. The option to import/create presets is an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

The photo import dialog isn't perfect; if you are selecting multiple, nonconsecutive files, there are some abstract selection settings you have to use (that I have to look up again every time I go to do it). It also can be a bit glitchy when it gets "hot."

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a reason why Lightroom is the most widely chosen photo editing/management software. With its beautiful user interface, simplicity, and variety of settings, it is ideal for editing photos quickly and seamlessly with consistency. I don't see myself ever switching!

The editing capabilities I have with Lightroom make processing my images convenient and simple. My editing time is exponentially condensed with this software, which makes for an efficient and effective photography business.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Natacha d.
Natacha d.

"Descubre al hermano pequeño de Photoshop, sorpresa asegurada"

What do you like best?

De lightroom me encanta todo, para empezar es muchísimo más sencillo de aprender que Photoshop, lo que en lightroom supone un click en Photoshop supone abrir varias cosas para poder hacerlo. Si eres un fotógrafo aficionado el 100% de los retoques que vayas a hacer lo puedes hacer con lightroom, más si no te quieres complicar mucho la vida. Lo que más me gusta es que el flujo de trabajo es no destructivo, es decir, puedes volver los pasos atrás que quieras sobre el retoque, al contrario de Photoshop que cuando tocas algo ya no se puede volver atrás de manera fácil.

What do you dislike?

Sinceramente no hay nada que no me guste de Lightroom, al menos no lo he encontrado todavía. Me parece sencillo, intuitivo y no consume muchos recursos. Lo que no me gustaba ya lo solucionaron en las últimas versiones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Os recomiendo 100% este software para la rutina habitual de descargar fotos y darles un retoque rápido.

Lightroom me resuelve al completo el flujo de trabajo habitual cuando salgo a hacer fotos con mi cámara reflex, llego, las descargo y les aplico un retoque general a todas las fotos, después voy por grupos haciendo un retoque mas exhaustivo. A nivel general es bastante sencillo pero si eres un fotógrafo exigente te lo puedes currar mucho ya que dispone de todo tipo de filtros, yo uso mucho los filtros graduados y radiales para destacar ciertos retoques en algunos sitios. Desde que descubrí este programa dejé de usar Photoshop para estas cosas ya que me suponía mucho más tiempo.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User

"A Good Supplement to Photoshop"

What do you like best?

I really like how well this complements Photoshop, or I should rather say finishes Photoshop. After editing on Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom Classic can also be great for editing as there are many presets that can help put the finishing touches in your photos. My favorite part about using Adobe Lightroom Classic is that there are many presets available online that I can download and it will automatically edit my photos for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how hard it can be to create your own preset sometimes, as the same preset may not necessarily work for every photo. Also, there's also a lot less you can do in Adobe Lightroom Classic compared to its other counterpart, Photoshop. This is much better for filters, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good if you know how to use advanced editing programs. However, if this is your first with something such as Adobe Lightroom, there can be some difficulty at first as you learn how to do everything. Overall, I would still recommend this.

A business problem that I solved with Adobe Lightroom Classic is that I no longer had to edit photos with bad filters that I would get on Instagram or Facebook for our social media pages. With this, I am now able to edit photos myself and create my own filters to make photos look better.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"So much fun to play around with when editing photos!"

What do you like best?

Whether it is just simple cropping to improve the composition of a photo or removing an object entirely from it, Lightroom is very complementary to Photoshop. There are simple but also many complex functionalities that can really help you edit photos. I especially like being able to create presets that I can apply to every photo.

What do you dislike?

To be able to use Lightroom, you also need to use Photoshop, as they both have different purposes. For that reason, I dislike having to switch back and forth between Photoshop and Lightroom in order to edit photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend considering using Adobe Lightroom Classic. If you are already using Photoshop, this will be a great addition to your editing process and can really help improve photos. I'd also suggest finding presets online.

A business problem that we solved with Adobe Lightroom Classic is that we finally found an application where we can do everything we need to do in order to create appealing content for our social media pages.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User

"Complementary to other Adobe Editing Softwares!"

What do you like best?

There's nothing that I can't do with Adobe Lightroom. Whether it is just simple cropping to improve the composition of a photo or removing an object entirely from it, you can do anything. There are simple but also many complex functionalities that can really help you improve your photos. This is a great addition to have if you already use Photoshop for editing.

What do you dislike?

There can be a steep learning curve initially. To really maximize Lightroom, you really need to learn how to do everything, which can seem a little difficult and intimidate at first. However, this problem can be easily fixed by using tutorials on other sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend looking at the tutorials that Adobe provides when you first use Lightroom. In addition, I'd also recommend looking at Youtube videos to improve how to navigate the editing software.

A problem that we solved with Adobe Lightroom was improving our social media pages. Once we began editing our photos with Lightroom, our likes and engagement improved on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Agency
Agency

"Un gran programa para clasificar, ordenar y revelar las fotosgrafías"

What do you like best?

El revelado digital de fotos y poder copiar/pegar perfiles ya personalizados previamente, además de poder organizar y mantener a raya todos los proyectos, trabajos y clientes.

What do you dislike?

Es, quizá, un programa con una interfaz demasiado recargada y orientada a la nube, que aunque pueda tener sus ventajas, no todos trabajamos de esa manera.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No hay otro programa igual. Es, para mi, el mejor gestor de fotografías (¡y negativos digitales!) hasta la fecha.

La organización por encima de todo, es una maravilla tener todo bien clasificado.

El revelado también es mucho más ágil y rápido que, por ejemplo, abrir los ficheros de manera individual en Photoshop (y además guardas los ficheros RAW de una manera correcta).

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Dana H.
Dana H.

"Really one of the best ways to manage your library of images"

What do you like best?

Adobe Lightroom Classic is the best one stop piece of software for serious photo professionals. While fully compatible with Photoshop for a two way workflow, much of Lightroom's functionality lets you stay within the program for the bulk of your DAM and digital workflow.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Adobe would integrate a sales and licensing tracking module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a single library.. not multiple catalogs

I am able to keep all of my assets in one library and quickly search and build collections, locate images, geo-tag, keyword and make many visual adjustments to my images, along with printing and exporting assets. With Third party plugins I am able to easily publish collections for client review and delivery.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Jaime G.
Jaime G.

"Adobe Lightroom Classic el programa más completo"

What do you like best?

Lightroom es un potente programa que gestiona todo el trabajo fotográfico, desde la importación y clasificación hasta la exportación. Permite a los fotógrafos aplicar rápidamente metadatos y editar imágenes a varias fotos a la vez, cosa que hace ahorrar bastante tiempo. Tiene las mejores herramientas para conseguir ese punto final que les falta a muchas aplicaciones del mismo sector. También es una herramienta útil para buscar y mantener un gran catálogo de fotos. Sin duda, una gran elección.

What do you dislike?

La renderización de las fotos es demasiado lenta, y aunque adobe sigue actualizando este progrma, no consigue arreglar este fallo. Podría ahorrar yo mucho más tiempo si no fuese por esto. Lógicamente este problema no les afecta a las personas/empresas que tengan ordenadores nuevos con los mejores componentes de la actualidad, pero sin duda que tendrían que buscar una solución. Solo encuentro este fallo en Adobe Lightroom Classic. Si no fuera por este fallo el programa sería perfecto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Al principio cuesta un poco empezar a usar este programa, ya que me parece que tiene muchas herramientas y al principio te puedes liar un poco, pero te recomiendo cambiar simplemente por el hecho de que puedes procesar imagenes mediante lotes. Te hará ahorrar mucho tiempo valioso para otros trabajos/proyectos de tu empresa que tengas pendientes.

Gracias a Lightroom he podido cambiar mi forma de trabajo. Ahora puedo ser mucho más productivo ya que puedo procesar fotos mediante lotes.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Higher Education

"It was the best thing ever until I tried Photo Mechanic"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is powerful industry-standard software that handles the entire photography workflow from importing and sorting to exporting. It allows photographers to quickly apply metadata and image edits to several photos at once. Along with a thorough set of non-destructive editing tools, it's also a useful tool for searching and maintaining a large catalogue of photos.

My favourite thing about Lightroom is that it allows the user to turn a photo shoot into a cohesive set of photos.

What do you dislike?

Rendering photos is way too slow, and recent performance updates have not made a noticeable difference. When I'm working on a batch of hundreds or thousands of photos, any bit of lag adds up to a lot of time lost. I now start my workflow in Photo Mechanic (which renders previews almost instantly) before moving over to Lightroom to make artistic adjustments and export the photos.

That's really the only thing I dislike about Lightroom. It's a powerful program that I use almost every day. (Including weekends!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent program, but start your workflow in Photo Mechanic up until you have rated your photos and are ready to start processing. It will save so much rendering time.

Lightroom changed how I work with photos because it made batch processing possible. It's an efficient way to browse and edit large amounts of photos.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Dr. C. Michael S.
Dr. C. Michael S.

"Tool for Large Precessing Needs"

What do you like best?

I like that I can edit one image and apply the settings to all photos that were shot with the same setting. Additionally, this allows me to batch process a large number of photos at once.

What do you dislike?

The compressions within, seems to have a negative impact on photos at time unless I export them with the highest settings - which makes my files larger than I would prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a photographer that completes your shoot with hundreds of shots - this is a great tool to get the turn-around time that will please your clients. Make that you only batch process those that were shot with the same settings (which usually can be 70+ shots at a time).

Quick turn-around time for shootings such as weddings.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User

"Amazing features and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love that the software allows you to create your own LUTs/presets as well as import plugins. It definitely helps with batch editing. In addition, there are so many features used to edit that apart from manipulating them, this software can do it all.

What do you dislike?

As great as LR Classic is, I have to admit that the CC version is easier to use when editing quickly. The interface could definitely be upgraded, as it looks a bit bulky and outdated now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use LR Classic for intensive, individual photo editing; use LR CC for quick, batch editing.

I was a Photographer for SIFF; I was able to create LUTs/presets for different events and venues and apply them to multiple photos at once rather than having to edit each one individually. I originally had started using Photoshop to edit pictures, but switching to Lightroom made my workflow much faster and more efficient.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by May R.
May R.

"Great for Editing Photos in a Flash"

What do you like best?

I love photoshop because you can go into it and change things drastically but sometimes you just want to edit a lot of photos at once and do simple edits this is where Lightroom comes in. You can edit so fast, just a couple clicks of a button and you have a polished photos. A quick iphone photos looks polished and cleaned up like a professional shot with some fine tuning.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe always offers free trails so test drive it for a month before you commit to purchasing the whole program and if you photoshop you can do a photographer bundle where both programs are less than ten bucks a month. Thats like a cup of coffee for each program!

I love that you can sync it with smugmug and other photo file programs. Super convenient! So people who use those type of program can see the images on their mobile apps. Their file system is super easy to use so you can find photos and organize them quickly.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good Options and Functionality for All Levels"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the presets available, both within the program itself and online. The presets make it so easy and quick for individuals of practically any skill level to edit any kind of picture.

What do you dislike?

The basic functions are pretty intuitive, but after that there is a steep learning curve. I wish this was more gradual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to figure out if the cost is worth it for your company, test out the 7 day trial!

We had previously hired outsiders to take company headshots, but this was an issue whenever a new employee was hired or if individuals didn't like their headshot. In order to have more control and flexibility, we decided to do headshots in house. I was able to successfully take and edit headshots per other peoples' liking using Adobe Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Design
User in Design

"Much better than Lightroom CC"

What do you like best?

I like this because it's the original lightroom. It's the the interface that I'm used to using and learned on. LR Classic makes basic photo adjustments and batch editing so much easier than Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

Even though it's the Classic, they played with the interface and cluttered it. Viewing my actions and presets as well as exporting to my online gallery has become a process versus a simple click and export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the original interface before the update that occurred in December. So if you want the classic interface, this is the way to go. I also highly suggest that you learn to use Lightroom Classic before using Lightroom CC.

Lightroom Classic not only helps me manage and file each session that I do, but it helps me track editing, make basic adjustments, batch edit, export to both my website and online gallery, and increased my workflow speed. The benefit of being able to save adjustments and do more detailed editing in Photoshop, then send it back, has made it an invaluable asset in production time and workflow.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"True PHOTO editing software"

What do you like best?

Hands down, the best part of Lightroom Classic is that you get to really go in and edit a photo way beyond what is capable in Photoshop. There are so many more options available to artists to use in this platform. Things like noise control can be further manipulated in here at a much higher quality. I also really like that you can sync the settings so that all changes cal be made to a batch of photos rather than editing individually.

What do you dislike?

This is really nit picky but im not a fan of thy e darker UI...most of adobe creative suite products have a dark grey interface they work off of but this one combined with the black is just a little too much for me especially when dealing with black and white photography. It makes it hard for the black and white image to 'pop' how it usually does in any other circumstance

Recommendations to others considering the product

explore all the options available. I still discover new things about this product when I use it and never feel too embarrassed to just google what you can't figure out or a step you forgot.

HUGE photo editing solver. Im able to take the photos from events and meetings and put them into Lightroom and have all in the group effected by the changes I make. It saves us time.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"The tool of choice for Photo backup and management "

What do you like best?

I think Adobe Lightroom is a very easy tool to learn. It can streamline your photo editing and management process. You can easily turn decent photos into great ones with a few simple adjustments. You can easily edit multiple files. The ability to copy settings between photos is quite easy to do.Once again Adobe efforts on recognising lenses and cameras used to take the photos is a great plus since we can adjust the photo from it's most neutral point to a specific look.

What do you dislike?

The presets are decent but could be increased in number and styles. The video management could be better and would e great if it could be possible to do simple video colour gradings inside Lightroom. It's also not a cheap addition to your software arsenal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple to use and it will save you time and headaches. It manages your backups and photo looks. I also use it at home for my own personal photo library, manipulation and backup. My kids will thank me in the future.

I can manage my photo projects and organise them into specific folders. And I can do organised backups.

Photoshop is a beast compared to Lightroom. Sometimes if you only need small photo adjustments Lightroom will be the best choice. The RAW processor could be stronger.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by N. A.  L.
N. A. L.

"Lightroom makes editing raw photos a breeze"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use and to edit, the brush tools are really easy to use and the number of available presets to put into lightroom make it a really smooth experience. I love the ability to adjust per the camera used to take the photo as well.

What do you dislike?

Importing presets can be a pain in the butt, it takes forever but once they're in it's easy to use them. Exporting images can take a while and the catalogue back up takes forever, but other than that I really can't fault the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is much easier to use than the newer version of Lightroom and a definite plus side to photo editing and management. I LOVE this program

I'm using Lightroom for photo editing for my social media management, it makes things look crisp and professionl.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Duong V.
Duong V.

"Amazing application for new photographer"

What do you like best?

Lightroom helps me import, organize, manage, and find my images. In turn, Lightroom is photo management and photo editing, combined into a single tool. Easy to use with intuitive interface. The only thing to do is import and enjoy the things that it brings.

What do you dislike?

With the split into two versions: Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic, it makes the first-time users feel a little difficult to reach

I use lightroom to manage the image in the best way. Sometimes I use it to edit a bit of light and color. Photos about container, photos about goods, port,...

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Mary Jo M.
Mary Jo M.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I am a beginner photographer and still new to photo editing. Lightroom is an easy way to apply filters and enhancement edits to one, or multiple images, at once.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult for me to view my original image next to the edited version. Maybe I just don't know how to do it, but I wish it was easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Adobe Lightroom Classic, especially to beginning photo editors. i also use Adobe Photoshop, but find that when it comes to simple photo editing, sometimes all the bells and whistles of Photoshop aren't necessary. For strict photo editing, Lightroom is definitely the way to go.

I am saving a lot of time by applying multiple edits and filters to a single photograph, or every photograph I decide to select. It's quick and easy and minimally frustrating.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"The Best Photo Editing Platform Out There"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is the cream of the crop when it comes to photo editing - and is actually pretty easy to use if you're not a hardcore photographer. I mainly use it to add presets and filters to photos that will be used in other materials to create a clean cohesive look across our brand. If you're looking to step up your photo game, you need lightroom.

What do you dislike?

Saving photos to your desktop can be a bit of hassle, and sometimes edits disappear after they are applied. Once you figure out the tricks though, it's great.

We use lightroom to house photos by projects and create a unified "look & feel" across each project. It has taken our photography from drab to fab.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Higher Education

"Lightroom is what you need to manage and correct professional photographs."

What do you like best?

Slim interface that allows you to focus on the task at hand: managing the library, developing photographs, or printing those photographs. Robust tools to import and export images. The editing tools are deep, but not too deep. Any common tone or color correction you need to make is in Lightroom; it negates the need to open the cumbersome Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom has a preferred method of developing photographs. The workflow is very simple, but you can end up with bad results if you don't understand the intended workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The recent changes in how Lightroom has a Classic component and a Mobile component may be confusing to many users.

Lightroom is essential for a commercial photographer. When implemented thoughtfully it solves the most common file storage and archiving problems but giving you the flexibility to decide how you focus on your catalogs.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Design
User in Design

"Small cog in the machine"

What do you like best?

Cataloging, culling, integration with Adobe CC suite to start. I really like being able to pull from all my libraries with their advanced filtering as well. The ability to copy and paste edits across multiple photos and apply presets is by far the best feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tethered capture mode isn't always consistent. Maybe it's my USB cables / camera but seem like it should have some more reliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the most supported and developed library management and photo editing suites on the market. Adobe has and will hold a grip on the industry for many years to come.

Managing and archiving multiple client projects. I've saved lots of time searching for photos, applying edits and delivering the final product to clients.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Fantastic Product"

What do you like best?

This is the best photo editing software out there. It continues to be updated through Adobe which keeps the software up to date with the latest cameras. I love the new profiles and the presets. Anything that I do not know about Lightroom is available with great videos showing me how to do it which is great.

What do you dislike?

It can run slowly on occasion as your catalog gets large.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic product.

It lets me edit my photos quickly for my clients throughout the world. Clients always need photos quickly so this is very important.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Rachel F.
Rachel F.

"Absolutely Essential for Professional Photographers"

What do you like best?

This has to be the fastest way to edit digital photos. It's extremely efficient and has awesome shortcuts that make editing an entire session done in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the same color power as Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your research to see what works best for you - Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC. I prefer Classic, but there are a lot of people who prefer CC.

Every single customer's images goes through Lightroom Classic. It's a key part of my workflow.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"An indispensable part of my daily workflow"

What do you like best?

Stability, integration with Photoshop and other editing software, non destructive. I've always found Adobe support to be top notch.

What do you dislike?

Very CPU dependant. Could utilize GPU and ram better to make workflow even snappier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are TONS of tutorials online to learn the basics and just about any major task you can think of inside Lightroom. Once you get used to the workflow, create some of your own custom presets and learn shortcuts you'll be off and running!

I use Lightroom for about 80% of my real estate photography. Having developed several of my own custom presets I can import and post process my images in a very short amount of time.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Jarah A.
Jarah A.

"Truly Fantastic Software!"

What do you like best?

Powerful editing software that's easy to use. You can learn the basics in no time, but it's got everything a pro needs too!

What do you dislike?

The library function could be more intuitive. It does keep everything organized but could be a little easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! You won't regret the purchase, it's worth every penny of the subscription

Great editing software to really make photos pop! I do photography on the side and am developing a great reputation. Makes exporting and editing quick and painless.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User

"Great tool for beginners to experts"

What do you like best?

While most of the expert photographers use this to edit their photos, I am by no means an expert and love using this tool. I love downloading different types of presets and applying them to my photo to get a whole new feel. They have a phone app which I use quite frequently as well.

What do you dislike?

You do have to have some photography knowledge like what is exposure, what does this do but its alll very basic. I do not like that it shuts the program down every time I x out of it. Unlike the other products I use for Adobe they all stay active in the background. Also they have a stamp and clone tool like photoshop but it works differently than photoshop and I havent been able to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some videos and just try out things that you may not be comfortable with. Download some presets if you are looking to do a large batch of photos and want them all to look consistent. A lot of people do the batch editing for instagram feeds too. my favorite feature is probably the lightening and sharpening tools.

fixing photography is the main purpose of this App.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Best Software for Photo Editing "

What do you like best?

Lightroom is an amazing software that is easy to learn and navigate for beginners but also a beautiful tool for experts and more advanced editors. I love the ability to save your libraries and be able to see them through he app wherever you go. I also really love the fact that so many professional photographers use this software and use youtube to create tutorials for others.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the software, however; I do wish that the price was a little less expensive. I do believe in the product so much that I would purchase it again and again if I had to though. I wouldn't change anything else about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defiantly an amazing software and worth the investment.

The main thing that I am solving keeping all of my photos insanely organized with the library options act Lightroom provides. This makes keeping my separate photo sessions separate and I can name them each specifically. Another thing that is really amazing about this software is that it gives you the ability to seamlessly edit in photoshop if you choose to. You can go back and forth with the two adobe programs effortlessly.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Krista M.
Krista M.

"Easy, On-demand Editing"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Lightroom Classic is the ease in teaching others how to use the program. It feels extremely intuitive and has been easy to implement with multiple non-creatives at my company. They are able to apply editing presets to photos to ensure brand consistency.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have an issue getting specific photos to import without going through all photos on a card and selecting the photos manually, but this could be an issue with my computer or card reader.

We use Lightroom Classic at conferences to edit professional headshots. It has allowed us to cut our editing time in half and is easy to teach non-design focused coworkers to use.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Pavel T.
Pavel T.

"Family and event photographer"

What do you like best?

Wide choice of tools, real color rendition, regular updates.

What do you dislike?

Overall speed is way too slow. Especially for 100+ RAWs project

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the #1 tool for any photographer hands down. Tried C1, Macphun and other products - always came back to Lightroom. Yes, it has it's shortcomings and limitations, but if you need the work done - this is the only way to go for me.

Crossplatform availability. I can use my iPad in the field to develop some RAW files and sent preview to my clients 10 minutes after the photoshoot.

Adobe Lightroom Classic review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Must have for anyone serious about photography"

What do you like best?

This software is essential for creatives to produce stunning images. I use Lightroom exclusively for all my photo editing needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish Adobe thought through the way they incorperate presets to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to Lightroom, watch tutorials online. Youtube can be very helpful to learning about the ins and outs of the software.

Lightroom is a perfect fit for single person companies all the way to Fortune 500 businesses.

Learning about Adobe Lightroom Classic?

* We monitor all Adobe Lightroom Classic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.