Adobe Media Encoder

Adobe Media Encoder is part of Adobe video editing suite and is responsible for encoding video files to the proper format to ensure they play on different devices videos are watched on today.

Work for Adobe Media Encoder?

Learning about Adobe Media Encoder?

Adobe Media Encoder Reviews

Showing 22 Adobe Media Encoder reviews
Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Ryan V.</span>
Ryan V.

"Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017"

What do you like best?

Whereas with adobe premiere pro cc 2017 and after effects there are only so many formats and presets to choose from, media encoder gives many options including older settings. Our company is a PC based production company so encoder allows us to convert .mov files with ease. These files are still in audio sync when rendered.

What do you dislike?

-The default interface can be confusing. It is best to create your own work space suited to your needs especially if it is repetitive.

-The loud goat noise if a render failed. It is very obnoxious.

-Takes a lot of computing power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Create your own work space and save it for repetitive tasks.

-Before big renders, do a test render with lower bit rate. If you screw up you won't waste hours of rendering time. Get it right, then do a full HD render.

-Rendering big complex files requires a lot of power. Do not work on major stuff while rendering because your CPU often goes up to 90%+ usage.

-The more ram your computer has the faster things will render. You can also set the amount of ram for adobe products to adjust rendering times.

- Converting video

- Converting audio

- More rendering options for old/new presets suited to our tasks.

- Best for targa, png, or jpeg sequences.

- Ability to create custom render settings for ease of export.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Media Encoder
Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Anastasia F.</span>
Anastasia F.

"Media encoding"

What do you like best?

I like this program because it allows me to process, encode and transform media to its desired form. I can also make proxies and change existing format of the file. I am a creative cloud user, so it has a connection with other adobe products to make file integration easier between adobe programs. Media encoder is a tool that is often used to create an easy workflow. Setting up a file transfer session is very easy and depending on conversion, size and quality, encoder creates a very quick file form I need.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, I never faced an issue with this program. Any time I used it, it really worked for me and did what I expected it to do. One example I did come across, If a user comes in contact with an error, in most cases it user error. Saving a file to a destination may cause a problem if there is not enough space. Another one is when compression of a file did not go right, and the dimensions of my video came out wrong and I had to compress it again or use a different codec. I do wish when a codec is chosen, it would estimate an end result and what your finished product might look like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program when you are working with media files. i personally used this to make file transferring and encoding easy. It definitely improved my work flow.

When doing file transfers, Media Encoder really speeds up the fork flow. Some files do not send because of their size, so Media Encoder allows us to shrink files down and avoid any data loss or integrity of the file. I personally like this program, I use it in all my projects, especially those that require sending files to other team members.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Adobe Media Encoder review by User

"Well-featured encoder with simple connectivity to Premiere"

What do you like best?

I like that it's simple to create presets that match to my workflows. In addition, the many provided presets end up work well for most circumstances. The integration with Adobe Premiere is solid and makes exporting projects, alone or as a batch, relatively simple. Watch folders works well, although it is not a feature I use very often I like the option of having it. Does a great job of creating lightweight proxy files automatically for Premiere.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow to load, both cold and when launching from Premiere. Navigating the menus can be cumbersome, but this gets better with time as you learn the product. I would like it if the file size estimation was more accurate; right now there is a little bit of guesswork involved in what the real final size will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a well featured encoder and can create just about any output you need and have access the codecs to create. Just take the time to understand the functions and how to utilize settings appropriately.

We use media encoder constantly to prep small video edits for client approval and then to prepare finals for digital and broadcast distribution.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

"Media Encoder Has Lots of Options"

What do you like best?

There are many built in presets in the converter. Also can handle most file types I have thrown at it.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't handle legacy formats as well as those which are more modern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great option for people considering a file conversion software. It handles most anything you give it, and with the batch feature you can set up lots of conversions to run overnight. There is a solid integration with After Effects and Premiere Pro as well which makes things pretty seamless.

We use this program heavily to convert video to web friendly versions. It does a great job and can churn through large files in short order

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Dwight M.</span>
Dwight M.

"The Magic Media Manipulator"

What do you like best?

I love the quick and simple video modifications on the fly. I love the variety of presets and the speed with which one can prepare a video for use on any mobile or desktop format. I also like the easy integration with the other apps within the Creative Suite.

What do you dislike?

Preset interface sometimes seem confusing/redundant, but that's my only minor complaint within my level of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a user of the Adobe Creative Suite and you're involved in digital design as we are, this product should suffice for most of your video needs unless you are actually editing beyond simple cropping or shortening.

We use this to quickly edit, crop, reduce or otherwise manipulate client videos for use in online advertising. Mostly simple and easy to use. We need no other video "editing" software for what we do.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Tara H.</span>
Tara H.

"An essential piece of software for animation, video"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder is a pretty essential piece of software to have when working with animation files, video files, gif files - pretty much anything video-related. It has the ability to render big files quickly and with ease. Your output options are clear and concise - very easy to navigate the application.

What do you dislike?

Honestly- I haven't found much that I'm disliking yet! It has everything that I could really need. Sometimes I guess (I may have just not discovered this option yet), it can take a while to render out all your files because it does them one after another instead of all together.

Encoder has allowed me to output my videos files for a number of platforms- facebook, youtube, instagram, etc.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Stephen S.</span>
Stephen S.

"Best conversion software on the market!"

What do you like best?

I love the wide variety of formats I'm able to convert using Media Encoder. There are more output options than most if not all other conversion programs on the market today.

What do you dislike?

Certain formats that are relatively common aren't compatible. It's a little disappointing that such a versatile software sometimes can't handle what should be a pretty simple format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can sometimes take awhile to convert footage (based on the power of your computer mostly), but it is ultimately the best and most convenient conversion software on the market today in my opinion.

We primarily use Media Encoder to convert footage from our cameras into the format we use for all our projects.

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"One stop shop for video conversion"

What do you like best?

Having a large range of pre-loaded presets, plus the ability to alter multiple settings, it makes delivering final products to various different platforms a simple process.

Being able to queue multiple exports is a real bonus too and I often let the machine do all the hard work overnight.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has random issues talking to other programs like Premiere and After Effects causing programs to crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's does it's job perfectly.

I deal with a large range of video clips from numerous different sources. Media Encoder allows me convert all my sources into the same containers making post production a much easier process.

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"The Exporting Exports"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder makes exporting videos easy. I can export one video through Encoder while editing another video in Premiere Pro. With an updated computer, Media Encoder will export your videos quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I have very little to discuss on the dislike section. The only issue I have run into on occasion is videos not exporting properly and sound results in a syncing error. I'm guessing its a bug or glitch in the application, but it's the only issue I've run into. Minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to save time on encoding and exporting video, time that you desperately need to work on that other project that's been on the back burner all day, go with Media Encoder. It'll give you that time you need to work on other projects while it writes and exports your media.

Media Encoder takes all of my exporting problems and channels it into a couple of easy buttons. This app allows me to focus on creating quality videos instead of trying to figure out how to make video MP4 capable for a standard widescreen TV, social media platforms, etc.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Charlese &quot;Shelly&quot; B.</span>
Charlese "Shelly" B.

"Easiest way to convert just about any file!"

What do you like best?

The versatility is phenomenal. Converting a file is quick and easy. Render a file and downsize large files without losing resolution.

What do you dislike?

For the beginner user, the layout could be a little more simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool within with the Adobe Suite. Easily move between Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop to Adobe Media Encoder without moving thing manually.

Format conversion for video and audio files. The benefits are a quick turnaround of documents for promotional videos.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Lorenzo L.</span>
Lorenzo L.

"Great tool for multiple exports and control over video parameters"

What do you like best?

Program lets you create multiple versions very quickly - full control over lots of different video and audio parameters

What do you dislike?

sometimes breaks when premiere or AE send exports. Unclear why Media Encoder has more codecs and formats available as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research regarding how to best export based on your publishing platform. Adobe forums are good for this.

Publishing video for diverse range of media platforms

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Jeff D.</span>
Jeff D.

"Lots of options for lots of codecs"

What do you like best?

Real time preview, ability to choose render engine, lots of pre-loaded options

What do you dislike?

Interface is a little cumbersome, not as fast as other encoders. Lacks FLV support which is still something clients request. Also no format for WMV encoding on mac, not a big deal, but would be nice. WIsh it had more film friendly formats like export for a DCP.

We are always rendering different formats for web, broadcast, and film. Media Encoder can handles almost everything we can throw at it. It's fast and easy to use. I love how it works with Premiere and After Effects and was a nice change from Apple's compressor.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

"Great program with lots of options"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to transcode any file to virtually any other file. There are a huge number of options to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program can take longer than I expect it to, but usually that only happens with particularly large files.

It is convenient and saves time to have so many options in one program that integrates well with other Adobe software.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Garline D.</span>
Garline D.

"Covert Any File To Any Desired File Type"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can convert virtually any file format into a flash file and vice versa. Adobe Media Encode also allows you to make any file format compatible with devices, such as Android or Apple. You can also create GIFs and create content that you can easily upload onto Youtube and Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

It is only somewhat user friendly. If you are new to file formatting, using this Media Encoder may be challenging.

Our firm uses this to convert already stored video content into flash files for online e-learning.

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Helps you convert files into the sizes that you want"

What do you like best?

Great resolution, the fact that it can render the video and put it on any screen and be a great quality. I used this to create elevator screens sometimes for companies and they loved the final product!

What do you dislike?

It's kinda hard to figure out on your own. There are plenty of tutorial videos you can look into, but there are so many things you can do that you figure out over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this software if you want to be able to make video quality great for any screen or resolution!

I was able to make video files small enough to be on the elevator screens ad big enough for the lobby screens, and both of them had great video quality and perfect rendering!

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Ben T.</span>
Ben T.

"Effective but note completely intuitive"

What do you like best?

How the program converts raw material into finished video files outside the application used to develop the raw materials.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to understand what settings I should use in a given situations.

Creating video and animated GIFs for social media and the web.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Rayna W.</span>
Rayna W.

"Exporting videos made easy"

What do you like best?

Being able to work on a project in Premiere while simultaneously exporting other videos

What do you dislike?

The software sometimes glitches with 4k footage

I'm able to work more efficiently

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Super User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that this software is extremely user-friendly and efficient. As soon as I finish recording a show, I'm able to open the program quickly and use one of Adobe's templates to encode the video.

What do you dislike?

This wouldn't be as user-friendly to a person that doesn't come from a production background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you have the hardware that can handle the program, the program should run great.

Provides a quick solution to give client's a file format that they need. It helps out the production team when files are given to us in the incorrect format as well.

Adobe Media Encoder review by <span>Valentin S.</span>
Valentin S.

"Fast Encoding to Multiple formats"

What do you like best?

Fast encoding, tons of presets, works well with other apps.

What do you dislike?

Like before, I am not a fan of "renting" software. Rather own the suite

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to try it. With all media being delivered online, Encoder fits the bill.

Fast encoding with high quality results

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Latest update is buggy, but overall still time efficient "

What do you like best?

Media encoders cue building feature. The multitasking ability is incredible. I can edit for a few hours. Cue out multiple interations and sit back and catch up on emails.

What do you dislike?

The frequent bugs and crashes. The latest version has been the most failure prone. Had 10+ videos crash out and fail in the last week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The latest version is probably the worst yet. Hoping for the best in the future.

Being able to export long cues of videos simultaneously, while multi tasking.

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Great software! Tons of options, just takes some learning!"

What do you like best?

I like that making your exported video’s file size smaller is pretty simple to do, once you get used to doing it.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit overwhelming to a first time user. It takes a bit of getting used to. The interface isn’t particularly well organized or user friendly.

The specifications are all there for wherever I plan to upload my video to. Vimeo, YouTube...you name it.

Adobe Media Encoder review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great solution to continue working in Premiere"

What do you like best?

I love that you can continue to edit in Adobe Premiere while you export - the export takes the longest time and so much out of your editing process!

What do you dislike?

It crashes somewhat often with misc errors, has warning signs when not needed.

Saves time, saves energy

Learning about Adobe Media Encoder?

* We monitor all Adobe Media Encoder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.