Adobe Photoshop

Software delivers even more imaging magic, new creative options, and the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance.

Work for Adobe Photoshop?

Learning about Photoshop?

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Showing 4368 Photoshop reviews
Photoshop review by <span>alan c.</span>
alan c.

Best Editing Applcation, Ever

What do you like best?

the best part about using photoshop is that its a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite and got many advantages over most of the competitors. you can get access to the Adobe cloud fonts and elements for free and download them with the click of a button.also it's very easy to keep the application up to date with automatic updates with the creative cloud app.

when it comes to editing there is a ton of thing about photoshop, there are tools to do everything you can think of when it comes to editing images. there are tons of tools to draw and edit and multiple filter options to get the perfect looks. another great thing is its ability to support vector images and directly import them int photoshop for editing without losing the layers properties, absolutely amazing.yo can also create web galleries with your images with a click of a button using export option. due to the fact that its so popular among digital artists, you can get tons of add-ons and help online, that makes your work much simpler.

i particularly use the photoshop to design app and web interface and for me its the perfect one in the world.the interface is amazing and can be customized too.

What do you dislike?

the animation options are next to nothing in photoshop. the pricing isn't cheap. the user interface can be overwhelming for new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its the best editing application in the world. highly recommended.

editing images and creating app interfaces

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Photoshop
Photoshop review by <span>Shawn T.</span>
Shawn T.

Best Leading Image Editor

What do you like best?

When creating designs or editing images; Whatever you are imagining in your head, you can do it with photoshop. It is great that they give you a free trial on any one of their Photoshop CC softwares!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that their is a bit of a learning curve starting out. Not all the tools are straight forward with how you would initial think them to be used. I also wish their free trials lasted a little longer. It it was a month long, i feel i would get a lot more hooked to their products after learning how to use them better. If they had a video tutorial to walk you through each program, would be very beneficial as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read lots of reviews and tutorials on how to use each Photoshop CC product to see which one best suits your need. Also use the trial for all their products to help finalize that choice.

When you begin using Photoshop for the first time you will probably need help finding your way around their program. Search some youtube videos to get your grasp on where different tools are at, and how they work. Enjoy!

I am a web designer. So, instead of developing a whole website, then having the client want to change all the designs, I am able to first show them what it may look like, get their feedback, and then take all my time to build the website.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Photoshop review by <span>Dallas C.</span>
Dallas C.

Cost-effective Design Solutions for Growing Entry-level Visual Solutions Firms

What do you like best?

Adobe Photoshop is the gold standard for photo manipulation. Whether the photo in question is for state-sanctioned truth re-expression services or internet-based competitive visual technology demonstrations and iterative collective macros, Adobe Photoshop is the first and foremost technology for satisfying the client's vision. It's effectiveness is such that the Merriam-Webster Dictionary has an entry on it.

What do you dislike?

The interface is unconventional and not at all similar to Macromedia Flash 5, InDesign, or Illustrator. Objects are not clearly marked by a glowing border as they are in Flash, Illustrator, or Metroid Prime. Entire objects can be moved to determine their borders and extent, though I would like to see an implementation of full-object coloration on scroll-over, similar to Metroid Prime: Echoes.

Beyond this, copy-paste and layer use is not intuitive and the animation side is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please check out Macromedia Flash 5 and Metroid Prime for time-management strategies and visor-arm cannon coordination differentials.

I create compelling imagery to attract new customers.

Photoshop review by <span>Alexander R.</span>
Alexander R.

[SYSTEM ASSIGNED TITLE] LINKEDIN EXTERNAL REVIEW

What do you like best?

Adobe Photoshop is a great product, and it's possible to do almost anything in it from a graphics perspective - given enough time and patience. Of course, if you are working with vector graphics or moving images then the other Adobe stable products are better.

What do you dislike?

The interface has come on in leaps and bounds since I first started using the package way back in 1996. The most annoying thing these days is the licensing model, being subscription based. This is a pain for customers as it requires an active account with Adobe and a monthly subscription, rather than being able to pay for the product out-right. It means you never really own the product (I know that you never did, really, only the licence to use it). If you stop paying the money your use of the product ceases. The new model means you always have access to the latest feature set and version of the software, but you never stop paying, even if you never use most of the other functionality - very clever on Adobe's part, and very stupid on the part of customers to tolerate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read online guides, books and watch youtube videos before you jump in - success will be guaranteed!

We use photoshop as part of our digital preservation workflow and for ad hoc image creation and enhancement. Photoshop's advanced tools ensure we can work correctly in the correct colour space and control our quality assurance.

Photoshop review by <span>Julie H.</span>
Julie H.

Flexible and powerful software - essential for designers

What do you like best?

I love to use photoshop to alter color in my images, retouch any trouble spots, make images RGB or CMYK depending on the situation, etc. I design for print a lot so I'm processing images to use for brochures, books, posters, flyers, etc. I also love it for making contact sheets and editing photos of my kid!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes functionality will fall off when new versions come out. I've still got my PS 6 saved on an old laptop so that I can go back to it when PS CC doesn't do what I want. It's rare though. It's also a little expensive for my little freelance business to pay for the Creative Cloud software every month (PS is included in that), but I can't live without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's the industry standard for a reason. Every designer should know how to use it.

PS allows me to take my clients images (which may not be very good) and turn them into something usable. I wouldn't be able to design what I design without it, so there's quite literally monetary benefit to owning PS.

Photoshop review by <span>Matthew V.</span>
Matthew V.

Photoshop is great

What do you like best?

Its really easy to learn the basics and just get started. Its also very similar to InDesign and Illustrator in the fact that many icons are familiar. The layering aspect is made really simple and doesn't take much experience to figure out how to use it correctly. I can edit words and text through the application and more importantly I can edit pictures too to reflect my desired image.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to transfer files from Photoshop to InDesign to Illustrator - I have to go through Bridge a lot and I don't know that platform. Creating shapes and objects is more difficult than I expected

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create visuals of collateral and other content before you actually create them. The benefit is that you can see how everything fits together in a cohesive, integrated manner before production so you can make the necessary edits to create the perfect piece of content

You can make a perfect representation of what a website would look like after a refresh. I can also get a general look and feel for potential collateral I want to produce

Learning about Adobe Photoshop?

* We monitor all Adobe Photoshop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.