Adobe Photoshop

Software delivers even more imaging magic, new creative options, and the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance.

Work for Adobe Photoshop?

Learning about Photoshop?

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Showing 3888 Photoshop reviews
Photoshop review by <span>Tony D.</span>
Tony D.
Validated Review

Photoshop keeps getting better and better

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There is not one thing that puts Photoshop above the rest, rather, there are many. Over the years, Photoshop has made it easier to do common color corrections to digital images, masking, editing, and more. I primarily use Photoshop to make my digital photos look their very best, modifying curves and setting gray point.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the switch to cloud based software. Although I understand the business practice of it, it requires annual costs that I don't agree with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Photoshop user for more than 20 years, I can say with full confidence that Adobe has done and continues to do a great job with this, their signature software. Photoshop gets better with every implementation. It is unrivaled for digital photo editing and manipulation. It is an essential tool for working in the modern digital age.

Without Photoshop, I'd be forced to use less able software to work on my photos. Because I've been using it for over 20 years, it is very familiar to me.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Photoshop
Photoshop review by <span>Jacquelyn K.</span>
Jacquelyn K.

Photoshop easy to use

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how many different options there are on Photoshop. You can work with real pictures, illustrations and edit art. I work in textbook design and use this in conjunction with other adobe products to create a final product. We share art between different artists and designers and it is easy to edit other people's work within Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cropped feature. Sometimes I have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out if I am cropping the area inside or outside what I have selected. The adobe support website is blocked in the country I primarily work from (Sudan) and this sometimes causes some issues with figuring out how to do certain actions and use certain features. I wish there was more in program support to explain features and tools without having to connect to the internet.

The price is also a bit much. My company has provided this for me but if I had to purchase on my own, it would be a bit out of my price range.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best photo/picture editing programs to use because so many people use it and it is easy to send files between users with no conversion.

It is easy to swap art between different artists in different countries to create our final product. Having a cohesive program between all of us makes it is easier for us to work as a team and edit and complete work that has been sent from other countries and artists.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Photoshop review by <span>Kathryn H.</span>
Kathryn H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's versatile and the interface is familiar because it is in the adobe suite. I like that it's powerful and you really can do almost anything with this software if you know how. The great thing about photoshop is that so many people use it so there is always someone who has encountered whatever issue or problem you are having and many people post solutions online.

What do you dislike?

i wish there was a more flushed out mobile version for phones and tablets that could handle layers. The main program is fantastic but i feel as though the ios version is lacking and not as useful as other apps. I also think the toolbars can be confusing at times. I wish they were easier to find when they suddenly disappear sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn as you go, using youtube or other tutorials to solve you problem at hand vs. trying to learn everything at once. It's too daunting and you'll just end up forgetting things. If you learn as you go and actually do it you'll always remember and over time you'll become proficient. Worst case scenario, google what you're trying to do and someone will have posted about it.

you can solve almost any graphic problem you have with this software it is truly a great tool. i often use it to include our logo on items we are using on digital channels or to clean up photos for use in printed materials.

Photoshop review by <span>seuan l.</span>
seuan l.
What do you like best?

There is a reason why everyone in design using this software, it is hands down one of the most all around effective programs out there. You can edit all your advertisement materials, make your photography pop and take it to another level, you can design 3-d textual effects, anything you can think of photoshop probably has a tool or tools to make that happen.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan of how they are switching over to cloud based stuff. Just not a huge fan of that in general. I don't like waiting, so things that are tangible and in front of me and constant I can handle better than waiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have this program already then you are definitely missing out on taking your projects to the next level. Do yourself a favor and grab this. There is a reason why every creative industry professional is using it. It gets better and better every year as they take suggestions and keep improving their software. Technology and ideas only get better and more advanced and it definitely keeps up the pace with that.

I don't know where I would be without Photoshop, I've tried other editing software so I can imagine just solely working with those and it waste so much time, and time is money. So I'm saving time and money using this software, and isn't that the best thing to save in business?

Photoshop review by <span>Leaf M.</span>
Leaf M.

The Illuminati of Photography

What do you like best?

As a professional photographer and body painter, Photoshop has made my life simplistic, efficient, and enhanced. The ease-of-use with Photoshop, the tools, tips, and secret wands make editing photos for clients stunning and more beautiful than the raw image my camera produces. Photoshop provides the stunning difference in my final output that makes customers come back for my services over and over.

What do you dislike?

Overall I do not have many dislikes in Photoshop. The Price is what I see as the least savory aspect of its offerings. Adobe seems to have solved some of that with the monthly subscriptions, but for the starving artist, even that doesn't help. It is good though that Adobe offers student software versions and you can access use of it from public libraries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any photographer that wants to edit and improve their photos, Photoshop provides the filters, brushes, tools, highlights, and special effects that one would need to illuminate their art. It is great for removing red eye, blurs, environmental dust or specs, and improve luminosity. Adobe has the best software for graphic design, photography, and design in the industry and their support/presence online speaks for itself.

Red eye. That was the first issue that Photoshop solved for this photographer. I was able to manipulate photos, add in people who can't make the photo shoots, and get rid of environmental flaws in the photographs. Enhancing old photographs that i re-photo or scan for customers, Photoshop has been a God-send.

Photoshop review by <span>Beverly K.</span>
Beverly K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. It has always worked well for me, especially with toning and fixing photos.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about it is the pixels. I wish it could be as crisp and clean as other programs like Illustrator. I don't like the text tool in this program. It always looks blurry and pixelated when I use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this program to others. I has always served me well. It has helped me fix and tone photos for my side job of photography.

I use Photoshop on a day to day basis. It allows me to correct already flattened PDFs. It allows my work to print ads and layouts. When a photo, PDF, or a low resolution file comes in that isn't up to our standards, I'm able to correct it and use those images to create the right kind of file to send to the client.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Adobe Photoshop?

* We monitor all Adobe Photoshop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.