Adobe Premiere Pro

Video editing and production software

Work for Adobe Premiere Pro?

Learning about Premiere Pro?

Adobe Premiere Pro Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 550 Premiere Pro reviews
Premiere Pro review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Premiere is an amazing program for simple to complex editing."

What do you like best?

I love Premiere's intuitive interface and functions. Even the small functions are incredibly useful– my team uses color coded clips, markers, labels, etc. for everything. It feels like the Premiere developers have thought of everything when it comes to fast, organized video editing.

What do you dislike?

Premiere runs very slowly on my iMac. I know it is more compatible with PCs, but increased functionality, and reading and writing speed for Mac would be incredible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere is an incredibly deep program that can be used for either simple videos editing or complex production. If you are new to Premiere, watch tutorial videos and get familiar with all of your options– there is so much to learn! I also highly recommend getting Adobe CC so you can continuously get the great new updates Premiere has.

We are producing videos for all branches of the non-profit organization we are a part of to raise money for what we do. Our videos allow our teams to share the work we do with partners as well as the general public. Premiere is versatile and flexible for what we need it to be to produce all the video content we need.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Steep learning curve if you're a beginner"

What do you like best?

It has many customization options. If you have the basic components (video clips, images, and sound), it's fairly easy to slap something together. It is also easy to sort and categorize your video clips, if need be.

What do you dislike?

Like any Adobe product, there are so many features to explore that you can get lost in them all, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Though, sometimes there are such specific tools for specific needs, and it's not always completely clear how to phrase a query to return a result of what YOUR specific need is. The Help or Quick Guides are only helpful if you're an absolute beginner. I would be at a novice level and it still intimidates me. I sometimes resort to Animoto if I need to deliver on a very tight deadline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you absolutely know what you are doing, use it. If you're like me and use it infrequently (I have around 2-3 video projects per year), don't use it.

Putting together HR introduction videos for new customers, educational videos, or recruitment videos for our organization. If they are straightforward videos, it gets the job done. Anything that is over that time or requires a fair amount of design flourishes make the projects too time-intensive as they already are.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Premiere Pro review by Akhil R.
Akhil R.

"You first and last video editing tool you'll ever need"

What do you like best?

The color and light correction features are as phenomenal as you'd expect from the company that made Photoshop.

The preset audio modes are stunningly fitting to their descriptions.

Integrates with the Adobe Creative Suite.

Workspaces and keyboard shortcuts make the program a breeze to use once you get the interface down

What do you dislike?

The program is a bit of resource hog. Complex effects tend to slow down or break the preview window.

The subscription-based pay model

Massive number of effects & features make it difficult to find basic tools.

Many of the built-in effects look tacky and are largely unusable.

Well in my freelance job I do a lot of video editing and stuff like that , so my go to is Adobe Premiere Pro. It's simple yet it does all the hard jobs you throw at it. It's very good with well small problems here and there , what doesn't have problems right.

Premiere Pro review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"I love Premiere & would recommend it highly above any other program!"

What do you like best?

Honestly, everything about Adobe Premiere Pro is pretty much fantastic. I have absolutely no complaints, so I guess what I truly like best is the ease of making a video. When I first started with Premiere, I didn't have a lot of video production knowledge, and I was able to teach myself, because the platform is so intuitive! I also love the clean layout & options to customize the workspace to show exactly the tools that I need to complete a project. And the warp stabilizer is a fantastic tool (other alternatives in similar programs don't even come close to doing as good of a job as the warp stabilizer!).

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I dislike about Premiere... I guess sometimes it causes my computer to freeze a little bit, because it seems to take up a lot of the computer's energy to work, especially during the aforementioned warp stabilizer, but as long as I keep a minimal number of other programs running while I work in Premiere, it doesn't cause me very many issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! This is the best video editing software that there is, and you absolutely should go with Adobe Premiere Pro!

I work as a video/multimedia journalist, and Premiere is absolutely perfect for my job! I produce videos and can't imagine doing so in any program other than Premiere. It lets me make the videos look exactly how I want them to, through the use of original footage and pre-determined templates in my company's style. Absolutely need Premiere to get my job done!

Premiere Pro review by David S.
David S.

"Professional Video Editing Made Simple"

What do you like best?

All of Adobe's products share similar GUI's, timelines, and palettes, making the learning curve for Premier and their other related production software (like AE and Audition) very quick pickups. That saves a HUGE amount of time! And their built-in integration with each other is invaluable for our workflow and production system. And that's just all the features I've used. There are MANY I've still not tapped that will make it even easier for us I'm certain!

What do you dislike?

There's a little bit of tech-nerdy knowledge you might need if you want to configure your system setup to best take advantage of rendering with GPUs and CUDA cores. Big user community though, so lots of support out there for this. In general, I dislike Adobe's subscription model for their products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I started out using Apple Final Cut Pro. When they made the big change with X, I switched to Premier Pro and never looked back. The integration with AE and Audition just saves too much time and makes it totally worth it!

We produce video training products - so Premier is the core of our production process. Having an Adobe workflow saves us TONS of time.

Premiere Pro review by Linda R.
Linda R.

"The Best Editing Software for my Business"

What do you like best?

I love the manual and automatic properties of it. I have total and absolute freedom to make my vision become a reality with all the tools offered within the program.

What do you dislike?

Updates can often time break certain functionalities of the software and that can be annoying. I've had issues like music not playing, titles messing up, and crashing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest some time in a beginners course and get curious with the software. It offers A LOT. If you are a beginner, it can be intimidating but once you get a firm understanding of the basics, you will adapt quickly and see the benefits right away. There are a lot of really cool plugins that you can download or purchase to integrate into Premiere like cool transition packs. The dynamic link between the other Creative Suite programs also offers you opportunities to be even more creative and more efficient in your workflow. After Effects, Photoshop and Audition are my 3 go to programs besides Premiere and they all sync together beautifully. In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason to use any other type of editing software.

I'm being given the opportunity to use software that can be linked with its sister programs like After Effects and Photoshop and this is a huge time saver and massively efficient for my workflow.

Premiere Pro review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Premiere is a versatile and deep program through which any basic to advanced editing can be done."

What do you like best?

I love the depth of the Premiere– I am always learning new functions. It's intuitive yet customizable interface is perfect for what I do. I also love that it is update-able through the Creative Cloud, so I do not have to keep purchasing the newest version of the software, I can simply get what updates are available through my subscription.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how poorly my Mac functions with Premiere's processing unit.The two aren't very compatible, and it would be amazing to have a Mac-compatible version of Premiere (though I know that would mean reprogramming the entire system), but I know that would make a lot of user happy. Premiere just crashes SO often on my Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere is an amazing product! Spend time exploring as many functions of it as possible (ie. Markers, Color Coding, Motion Graphics and templates, etc.)

Creating video projects for documentation, journalism, marketing, and content creation purposes. Premiere provides a (mostly) efficient way for us to create video assets for internal and external clients (my team functions as an internal Communications/Marketing department for the nonprofit, Convoy of Hope).

Premiere Pro review by Dennis B.
Dennis B.

"Very professional video editing"

What do you like best?

Premiere Pro is a sotware that allows you to create video editing and motion graphics in a very professional way, with the possibility of creating projects in 4K, and of extreme precision. Excellent monitor and timeline functions that, for the most expert, represent a strong point. Also works well with both Photoshop and After Effects and, for the creation of Blu Ray, with Adobe Encore, so I can say that it is a complete software.

What do you dislike?

Inside it does not have many effects, so I needed to use third-party plug-ins. I think we can also improve the part relating to Color Correction, inserting more features, and the part related to audio editing, however, in any case, works very well with Adobe Audition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Premiere Pro is one of the best software for creating video editing and probably the most complete of all, as it allows you to work in various stages, from trimming to color correction and the management of audio files. It also has excellent compatibility with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Encore that increase its potential.

I use Premiere Pro for my clients and collaborators, both to create very professional videos in 4K, suitable for advertising in cinema or in TV stations, and to create videos and motion graphics more suited to social networks, such as Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and Instagram. I can manage the times very well and create professional products.

Premiere Pro review by Gabriel J.
Gabriel J.

"Still a work horse. Could use improvement. "

What do you like best?

Premiere continues to be my favorite work station for video. Still solid. The consistency of shortcuts and layout alongside the improvement of many plugins, and integration of improved color correcting tools has kept me interested, and kept it my favorite video editing work station.

What do you dislike?

I’ve had premiere crash out so many times loading luts since the latest update, I’ve lost count. It seems like an almost daily occurrence when coloring. I have been frustrated deeply with the constant struggle to do in depth color without it crashing. Using any separate or after market Luts often causes the whole program to require a force quit. It's very very troubling and I hope they fix it soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for a lot of crashes until the next update (hopefully). However it’s still a work horse of a program, and I have hope for adobe.

It’s still a familiar, and tried and true work flow, and quick and easy to use. The familiarity and consistency keep me coming back. Premiere is still a work horse of a program. It blazes through 5k and 6k footage like nobodies business. The cross compatibility with R3D plug ins is extremely useful to me. The cross compatibility with other Adobe programs makes Premiere far more useful to me than FCP.

Premiere Pro review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Making videos has never been so exciting"

What do you like best?

I love the advance capabilities of Premiere Pro. The ability to cut, edit, color grade, adjust audio, add effects, text, lower 3rds, animate, and so much more. The only thing holding you back is your imagination.

Also, Premiere Pro has the ability to work effortlessly with the other adobe apps in the cloud. So if you need to edit some intense audio then you can send it out to Audition and back. Need to work on some lower 3rds, then send it to After Effects and back.

What do you dislike?

I do have the occasional crash which can be very annoying. It is good about recovering the work about 70% of the time though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere Pro is a no brainer for anyone wanting to make high quality videos. It has the capabilities to make anything from a home video to a motion picture.

I am a Media and Communications Director for a church of about 450 members. I make all kinds of videos and bumpers for our church services here. This allows me to be as creative as I would like without getting in the way.

Premiere Pro review by Joel H.
Joel H.

"Adobe Premiere Pro- the best video editing software?"

What do you like best?

Premiere Pro has a plethora of editing tools and options. Just about everything is built into the software, and if it isn't you can install plugins that will add extra functionality to the software!

What do you dislike?

The learning curve. I switched over from iMovie and Final Cut Pro X, and it took me a little while to re-learn shortcuts and extra features in this software. The render times can also be longer with this software, due to the extra power and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out with the free trial and see if you can get a hold of all the features. It is definitely a software, that if you are inexperienced in video editing, will take you a while to grow into.

We are able to edit wedding videos, product reviews, vlogs and more for YouTube and other sources.

The edits are fast, the software is robust, and the experience is smooth.

Premiere Pro review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"All in one Video Edting"

What do you like best?

the interface of the software is really beautiful, there are tons of options and everything you need to edit a video is out there including the latest technologies covered. the interface can be edited according to the need of the user and save the workspace with is really awesome. the software integrates with other Adobe creative cloud software easily and makes your job really easy. the software has a lot of additional add-ons and a wide range of elements library which can be downloaded with the click of a button. the tracking options are also extremely good. it supports all types of files including VR and 360 ones. the camera options provided are also extremely good and gives the creator a lot of options. the export options are really easy and the software integrates easily with adobe media encoder for easy exporting to your favourite video format.

What do you dislike?

the pricing isn't cheap and many users won't be able to afford it.it can be hard for a newbie to learn the program and the learning curve is steep that it can take some time to know the options within the software. the software needs a lot of resources when working on large projects. options like transitions and animations are really limited and need additional resources for more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best software I've come across when it comes to video editing and post-production. they do offer a free trial and I encourage you to test it yourself before committing.

creating as well as editing videos, this is one of the popular and best tools in the market. it does the job beautifully.

Premiere Pro review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Trimming and professional video editing"

What do you like best?

Professional video editing thanks to the monitor and timeline panels that allow modifications with extreme precision. Suitable for creating videos or motion graphics in various formats to be exploited for the web or for TV, also excellent compatibility with other Adobe software and management of resources (images, audio or video) within the appropriate panel.

What do you dislike?

The panels are really many and often you have to resort to a dual monitor, while you could create macro tabs for the various stages (trimming, editing, color correction, effects, audio, export) that could certainly favor the management of the workspace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for everyone, because video editing is really professional, the effects are many, but despite this Premiere Pro is not difficult to use, especially if you already use other Adobe software, considering that the interface is very familiar.

I create animated graphics and video editing, with insertion of texts, for the company for which I work and the results are really excellent. Also perfect the management of the audio, which I can optimize directly on the timeline, without the need to resort to other software.

Premiere Pro review by Carmine R.
Carmine R.

"Professional video editing"

What do you like best?

Used in conjunction with Photoshop and After Effects, Premiere Pro is an excellent software for asset management and video editing, offering highly professional results, and with export in different file formats, suitable for social networks and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

In some cases the software absorbs a lot of memory, especially if used with Illustrator or with Speedgrade, when for example there is the need to work on color correction. For the rest, the software is really a great tool for those who want professional results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more professional and more functional than other video editing software, it has the advantage of being able to integrate well with Photoshop and After Effects and to have different export possibilities, thanks also to the Adobe Media Encoder.

Normally I use Premiere Pro to create video montages or motion graphic advertising to be inserted on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram, and it's perfect for me that I use almost all the other Adobe Creative Suite software. I have always met the expectations of my clients or collaborators.

Premiere Pro review by shambhavi k.
shambhavi k.

"Premier Pro - best video editing software"

What do you like best?

The thing I like about premier is brand-new capabilities for importing and manipulating closed captions. You can export media with closed captions, either embedded or as separate files.

A new Mercury Playback Engine means editors get real-time performance when working on complex sequences, thanks to support for a wider range of GPUs.

Enhanced, cross-platform support for OpenCL and CUDA promises to helo you render less often and work faster with third-party effects.

Sync your settings with Creative Cloud, and all your customized settings, including workspaces and keyboard shortcuts, will be accessibe from any internet-connected computer.

Improved multicam editing means you can set up multicam edits faster with a streamlined workflow. Sync single shots or entire bins of footage all at once using audio waveforms; mix frame rates and codecs in the same sequence.

A new scriptwriting tool means you can import scripts and the associated metadata with the new Story panel in Adobe Premiere Pro. This means you can quickly navigate to specific scenes, locations, dialogue, and characters as you edit

What do you dislike?

The interface clashes with usual Mac look and feel , Visual interface is starting to feel dated , Subscription-only model , you have a limited number of tools to choose from to craft your project into a finished product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and many more things to learn but very good software.

For video editing, movie editing, music videos and adding subtitles

Premiere Pro review by Ray H.
Ray H.

"Video editing Perfected"

What do you like best?

I have used many video editing software but none of them comes close to the features offered by Adobe premiere pro CC. the software is very popular with video producers and thus its very easy to find content, add-ons, and tutorials which makes your job so much easier. the adobe premiere pro is a part if the adobe creative cloud suite and thus has a lot of advantages over other similar software. it integrates easily with other creative cloud products like illustrator, premiere, and audition, thus easy work like you can edit your vectors on illustrator and import them directly to premiere.the software offers a free trial for 30 days to check it out, and I think its really cool.it got options to capture your screen and then edit the recording. the software got a wide variety of transitions and effects to create the perfect video.

What do you dislike?

the pricing of the software can be l little burden for an average user. the updates through the creative cloud software can be slow sometimes. the software needs a lot of memory and CPU for smooth running especially when working through other creative cloud products. the inbuilt rendering options are very limited and really slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best software i've come across for editing videos, they offer a free trial so check it out first and find for yourself

edit videos and create videos

Premiere Pro review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Only as complex as you want it to be!"

What do you like best?

The visual interface just makes logical sense when learning to use Premiere Pro. I'm self taught, having used many video editing softwares previously. The workflow just clicks.

What do you dislike?

With power comes great ram requirements. You need to keep your machine clean when you start using advanced effects. I usually close every program I can while using Premiere Pro, because I have a base level macbook pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many powerful programs to choose from, but if you're already an Adobe user, I suggest keeping it in the Creative Cloud family. It's cost effective, and Photoshop integrates well with Premiere Pro.

I makes lots of promo and highlight videos. I download templates often, so it's nice using one of the most common softwares. There's so much great material out there to purchase at very reasonable prices. I've learned a lot of the more advanced features by tweaking purchased, professional templates.

Premiere Pro review by Nathan  R.
Nathan R.

"Adobe Premiere Pro's efficient, easy, and approachable editing."

What do you like best?

The layout of the editing platform is expertly designed. At no point am I ever confused where I am within the 'workspace' feature. The tools are clear in what each of them does and they are easy to use. Once you get the hang of manipulating the timeline, editing takes no time at all.

What do you dislike?

There is a weird glitch that occurs sometimes when I try to pull video into my timeline. Essentially, I will grab the video from my folder and drag it into the timeline. However, only the audio shows up. The fix is easy: I just delete the audio and re-import the footage. It's just a weird little glitch with an easy work around. Also, the audio options in Premier are limited. When I need to fix audio, I tend to pull the video into Premiere Pro, and then I pull it into Adobe Audition to fix the audio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be sure you brush up on the product by utilizing the several YouTube tutorials out there. Once you understand things like trimming and grouping, you'll be good to go. Also, learn the quick shortcuts for moving up and down the timeline and zooming in; you'll save so much time.

I address many issues with Premiere. I will add title cards to videos that do not already have them. I will turn the volume up on audio that was not recorded well. And, of course, I put together many videos as promotions for other departments.

Premiere Pro review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"Power video editing software that can do just about anything."

What do you like best?

Adobe Premiere Pro has virtually every feature a video editor could ask for. Over time, our repertoire of video skills has expanded due to the functionality built into Premiere Pro. One of my favorite features is how all of the programs in the Adobe Creative Cloud work together. I can select an audio track in Premiere Pro and choose to edit it in Adobe Audition and then save it back to Premiere Pro seamlessly. Additionally, by using each tool, you know that you are getting the best results out of your video project. I also like the selection tool that allows you to quick select the In and Out points of the video and drag just that section to the timeline for editing. Other video editing programs require you to drag the entire clip to the timeline and then shorten each end from there. This creates a sloppy workspace. There is also a large community around Premiere Pro, so finding instructions or advanced techniques online is easy.

What do you dislike?

Premiere Pro does have a steep learning curve compared to some of its competitors. For full-time video editors, this isn't a problem. However, employers require their employees to have an expansive skill set beyond their specific function a the company. As a corporate trainer, I'm required to have experience with video and photo editing software, learning management systems, eLearning software, etc... There are other video editors out there that are easier to use than Premiere and would do enough of what I need. YouTube is your friend when learning how to use Premiere Pro.

In relation to my first dislike, Premiere Pro can also be unintuitive at times. I believe this is due to how many features it has. They all have to live somewhere, but finding out where can be a challenge. I have used software that makes it easier to do tasks that are not clear in Premiere Pro. However, those programs are not as full-featured either.

Premier Pro allows us to create quality videos for our online training programs. This saves us tens of thousands of dollars each year versus outsourcing the work. We have been able to expand into videos that utilize green screens as well. The link between each Adobe Creative Cloud program makes it easy to do things like edit audio in Adobe Audition on the fly and save the changes to Premiere Pro. This creates a faster workflow and turnaround on the projects.

Premiere Pro review by Sarah O.
Sarah O.

"Advanced Tools, User Friendly Interface"

What do you like best?

For me, the best thing about Premiere Pro is the sheer amount of tools that you can use to accomplish your work. You don't have to be a professional to get started, but, because there are so many different tools to use it helps to have an idea of what you're doing.

What do you dislike?

Not exactly something that a complete novice would be able to grasp easily. Also, wish you could personalize the background more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a novice, I would probably go with something less complicated...windows movie maker etc was the first "editing" software that I used, many years ago. Or, final cut pro is a competitor that seems to have a large following as well. Or, simply Youtube for success! It doesn't hurt to watch a few tutorials before delving into a program such as this if you aren't familiar and haven't taken any courses.

Adobe Premiere Pro is great for fixing poorly shot video (lighting, sound, etc.), and exceptional for creative editing uses as well. Saves time by preventing re-shoots. Much like any other Adobe product, there are useful tools and presets which help to adjust exposure, video duration and speed, re-coloring, re-keying...you name it.

Premiere Pro review by Shelby R.
Shelby R.

"Premiere Pro has always been a front runner for daily editing."

What do you like best?

I love the personal customization inside the program. You can make your layout however you please. There are several different ways to achieve the same command. I love the new plugins that are coming out that work with other programs I use regularly. I love Dynamic links! There is so much potential there. I love the flexibility with shortcut commands. I also appreciate the attempt at graphics inside Premiere. Markers are one of my favorite features. Teamwork within a single project is great too.

What do you dislike?

With everyone switching to 4k and above, the proxy solution is only temporary. It's annoying to spend a full day setting up and rendering proxy files. You're supposed to be able to work on the files right away but I've found that to be troublesome. I'm sure my unit has a lot to do with it but the more footage you got, especially on BIG projects, the harder it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The potential for Premiere is fantastic, with every update, there are better features and fixed features. I am always very pleased with the new thing Adobe is coming out with.

I use Premiere Pro regularly for editing. I produce video or a daily basis and I'm able to bounce the project in and out of all other Adobe products seamlessly. The team functionality is a benefit when dealing with many editors on a single project.

Premiere Pro review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Amazing Software"

What do you like best?

the effects, I have used many tools to edit videos but none of the effects associated with them was as perfect as in premiere, there is a wide selection to choose for your need and it can be tweaked according to your need for the perfect video. the software is popular so there are a lot of resources online to help you out, the documentation and adobe forums are helpful but more than that there are several add-ons available for adobe premiere which makes your job so much easier. the adobe premiere pro is a part of creative cloud and it offers you free storage to back up your project files so that you can stop worrying about losing them, also adobe premiere automatically saves your file time to time so that the project won't be lost in case of a system failure. the project files are really small and most of them are easy to render too. the best thing about the premiere is that it works very well with other creative cloud products that you can simultaneously work between them to make the best project. the support is also great.

What do you dislike?

the pricing can be a burden for a normal user. when working with 3d, the inbuilt tools are insufficient. the user interface can be complex even thou you can edit them to make your own workspace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its one of the best in the market, and they offer a free trial. try and buy it if you like it.

editing video files.

Premiere Pro review by Camil T.
Camil T.

"One of my favorite softwares, if not my favorite"

What do you like best?

There's too much positive about this software to write it all here. I love how every element in the software layout is interchangeable and can be moved around, how everything is just so seamless and easy to use, how efficient I can be because of this software. I can literally shoot all day until 7PM, go eat until 9PM and edit a whole video before midnight. And the best part is that the video is then going to export super smoothly and fast, so there's not even need for overnight exporting in most cases!

What do you dislike?

Not much, maybe I would integrate a few effects from AE in Premiere just to make the jump from one to the other easier for people. Things like the Trim Paths or the TV (old/weak/wrap) effects which are pretty neat and could spark the interest of a lot of creators to get into AE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and you might end up knowing how to make videos in a month or two!

Editing videos to promote myself and my clients

Premiere Pro review by Johnathan M.
Johnathan M.

"The BEST Editing Software available"

What do you like best?

If you're familiar with non-linear editing then you know that Premiere Pro is now the standard. It's very customizable, and has a constant stream of updates. Whether you need basic editing, color grading, sound work, titling, you can do basically all of it right in Premiere. I've been editing for 14 years and this is all I'll use.

What do you dislike?

It does crash more than I'd expect. You'll occasionally come across a project that Premiere just doesn't seem to like, and if that happens you'll face a steady stream of crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will say that support is definitely lacking, not just on this one but on Adobe products as a whole. If you need help seek it elsewhere.

We use Premiere for our in-house editing needs. We create a steady stream of basic video content for my company's social media, and this lets us do that and much more.

Premiere Pro review by Marcos G.
Marcos G.

"My day to day working tool!! Its just the best out there!"

What do you like best?

Well, there are lots of video editing software... but no other has the same interaction and compatibility like Premiere... Since I use the whole Adobe Suite, I can work on a same project with several apps at the same time... And the CC version released a couple years ago its tha bomb!!!

What do you dislike?

The pricing and monthly fees... A couple years ago they changed selling process. Before you could buy the software for good. Now you can download it for free, but you'll have to pay a monthly fee to use it...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget about Windows Movie Maker, iMovie or Final Cut... This is the real deal...

We use video editors to create educational videos. Premiere its the best app for any video editor (from beginners to pros). If you have any concepts or knowledge on video editing, you'll find premiere really easy to use. I taught myself to use it, and even though I keep on learning new tricks every day, I started making great content from the beginning.

Premiere Pro review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Perfect video editing software after graduation from iMovie"

What do you like best?

iMovie was great as I was introduced to video editing, but Adobe Premiere Pro has enabled me greater freedom and additional tools to produce the highest quality videos possible. Where Premiere has been most helpful is in sound editing, particularly eliminating background noise without affecting the audio; in image and video layovers; and in the ability to place text anywhere on the video.

What do you dislike?

The one difficulty I have had with Premiere was in navigating the new tools and interface. I wouldn't recommend it for people with no video editing experience with out tutorials and the ability to be educated on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is more expensive than the free iMovie, but it is well worth the buy for the additional features and functionalities that you get and will give you the tools to produce much higher quality videos.

Producing videos for the participants in our research study to guide them in the study. It's allowed us to create higher quality, more entertaining videos than iMovie did.

Premiere Pro review by Kambrie R.
Kambrie R.

"Love it, use it every day"

What do you like best?

I love how versatile it is. I can use it for anything. The keyboard shortcuts are super easy to learn and I love that I can truly customize them for what I need. It was nice when I was switching over from Final Cut Pro that I could use Final Cut Pro shortcuts if I wanted. I love the team collaboration abilities, I wish that my work actually implemented it. They saw that there were potential issues with ownership in a large company.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty buggy sometimes. Just yesterday I found that I had a corrupted sequence and couldn't export an XML from it, so I had to put everything into a new sequence and it worked. Stuff like that happens all the time. I wish that when there was an update, it would go through a short little tutorial of things that they've updated, things that are new, or things that are different. It would be nice to know and have that local instead of needing to go research it externally on YouTube or another location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. Keep it updated, and watch a lot of videos on how to use it. There are tons of cool features that you won't know about unless you research them. Play around with everything, use all the effects and find out what the do, etc.

It helps us to make our products, we're a tv station.

Premiere Pro review by Peter T. S.
Peter T. S.

"Overall a great product to use for timeline video editing"

What do you like best?

I would say that the workflow integration is one of the best features of this product. I enjoy being able to open Photoshop files directly in Premiere to be edited and that the changes are instantly updated in Premiere once you are done editing and go back to the program.

What do you dislike?

I would say that I have had some issues with the software taking a while to load and also having some issues with it crashing at times. This can be frustrating especially because once it is working it is a great product, just wish it was faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that can be a great tool to edit video and the work flow integration can be a time saver when you editing on a tight deadline, however be aware that the product can be slow and crash at times so be sure to safe early and often so you don't lose your work.

Putting together short videos for clients various projects and creating media for clients websites and other projects.

Premiere Pro review by Victoria L.
Victoria L.

"Decent Video Editing tool"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is pretty similar to all the Adobe products. It was really easy to learn and intuitive. I've been using Adobe products for awhile and the complex tools menu didn't scare me away. Definitely worth learning it. I'm still learning new features, and I appreciate that Adobe is constantly trying to improve and add additional features. Video and audio synchronization is really easy to do, and I really appreciate the ability to edit the audio files, as well as separating the audio from the video file.

What do you dislike?

Rendering takes up a lot of space for longer videos. It was a bit hard to figure out the exporting settings. I suggest having a really powerful computer if you are working with large files. It will run pretty slow on a regular computer if your files are large or if you have too many applications running at the same time that take a lot of memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest watching tutorials and be patient if you never worked with Adobe products before. The interface can be a little bit too complicated if you never used Adobe before.

I use it to create training materials mainly, I've used it before for creating short products overview as well as vlogs.

Premiere Pro review by Brendan C.
Brendan C.

"The gold standard of video editing."

What do you like best?

I love that adobe is constantly adding new features and improvements. It's the reason we chose them over competitors. Just over the course of the past year their improvements have made their software viable for our workflow.

The modular nature of their interface is great for customizing your workspace and working with effects is simple and easy. The synergy with Audition and After Effects is simply amazing and makes my life easier. The addition of Lumetri scopes and certain audio effects have totally changed editing for us.

These days Premiere is the only editing software I want to making shows in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI can be glitchy. So much so that as a 'feature' adobe has a Reset UI button to fix glitches. Occasionally, I'll get stalls in playback or audio... specifically using the legacy text tool or playing back images with a dissolve.

I wish timecode entry was a bit faster. For example, If I'm in a bin with camera footage- I should be able to go from one clip to another clip more easily. If I enter a timecode that isn't in the current clip but IS in my bin it should know that I want the preceeding clip.

I'll get the occasional crash. Usually when triming clip handles for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your own workspace and have an extra monitor if you can.

Premiere allows us to quickly edit shows for broadcast within the specs of our master control system and as required by law with the CRTC. The workflow it offers is the best of all editing suites requiring no other plugins or software to get the job done.

Premiere Pro review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"Excellent product for creating professionally finished videos every time."

What do you like best?

There are so many features in Premier it is quite easy to miss out on what it has to offer; especially at first glance. After taking time to learn the tools and other features you soon realise what it can do for you. I love bringing clips together to build a story and Premier does this so effectively. It can also help you turn average clips into professional film quality videos. The colour grading and export options are also extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Not the easiest program to work your way around in comparison to something like Apple’s Final Cut and it does take time to learn the product, like most of the Adobe applications. Though once learned and mastered, everything comes together just as you envisioned, if not better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re looking to create videos for youtube, for websites, for adverts or practically anything then Premier is the program you need. I would highly recommend it for various options. The colour grading is fantastic especially when loading videos that have been shot with flat colour. It brings all the best things out in the shot.

Crafting professionally editing videos for the web, presentation or for other media usage is what we use Premier for the most. It also helps compile great footage into a finished product. As it is an industry standard platform it makes it easy to export to a ratio, format or size that you need exactly every time.

Premiere Pro review by DANIEL D.
DANIEL D.

"Solid as ever"

What do you like best?

I go way back 20+ years for non-linear video production. I have used much older versions of Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and many other. I will say that Premiere is a very stable even when editing 1080P. Go check out the "More Than An Intranet" video on Passageways dot com (click For Employees on the HP) - all edited on Premiere.

What do you dislike?

I would say that I wish more After Effects like capabilities were included for titling and motion effects. I do not like to have to go to another program to accomplish things, so many times I just get creative or compromise because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make this recommendation for any creative work - go out and look at lots of existing creative work (in this case video) to see what the trends are and to see best in class examples.

Since I have been a long time user I am not sure if the platform would be that easy to jump in as a novice to use. Having said that, if you have done any timeline based editing before it should be easy. I recommend everyone in Marketing get basic skills for video editing and just as importantly video production (especially audio capture and, possibly even more importantly, lighting!)

Premiere Pro review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Powerful video editing tool!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Premiere Pro is both easy to use for someone with little knowledge about video and video editing, while simultaneously being the most powerful video editing platform out there. The workflow is nice-looking and efficient, and makes for a quick and easy editing experience.

What do you dislike?

Premiere is great in most aspects. If I had to choose one thing I disliked, it would be that it sometimes takes many clicks to accomplish something that seems like should only take one click. This may only be due to the fact that I do not know the full abilities of the workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have some time to sit down with the software and learn it's basic features. Watch some tutorials. You'll be surprised to find the vast capabilities that Premiere has to offer!

Premiere Pro allows us to accomplish all of our simple video editing in-house. Now, we don't have to ship our videos off to a third party to have done for us, at an expensive rate. Having this at hand makes it great for us to be able to quickly turn around edits for our own websites, or for clients. I definitely recommend that you adopt Premiere Pro at your business if you have any editing needs.

Premiere Pro review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"It might be perfect for the way you work - but it ain't for me"

What do you like best?

It's video and sound effects library is extensive, impressive, and works right away without requiring rendering - a very attractive feature that I wish Avid would find a way to adopt. I love that the interface is so customizable. I like that you can export from Media Encoder and continue working, and I enjoy the After Effects dynamic link integration - to a point. See below.

What do you dislike?

Premiere is great if you are one editor working on one machine. If you're an editor with an assistant, and you move from room to room, it leaves a lot to be desired. There's currently no project sharing, at least not to the degree Avid has, and Dynamic Link's reliability is spotty at best. I also find it frustrating how click-based the editing process is. I find myself making edits that would take a third of the time in Avid, simply because I'm constantly clicking to enable and disable tracks, select edit points, etc. User and workspace settings are also a challenge - unless each member of your company has their own Adobe login for each machine, you have to import the settings and constantly keep them updated across all machines. And they're not in one file either; keyboard shortcuts, workspaces, and export presets all have separate files that have to go in separate folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an editor that works on stuff without needing to share it too much, then it's worth it if that's what you started on. But if you need to share it between multiple machines, Avid is a much more reliable options.

Premiere's impressive sound design capabilities make it an ideal tool for projects that require a lot of sound work.

Premiere Pro review by Devin H.
Devin H.

"Effective Video Editing"

What do you like best?

I used this product for a media course in undergrad, and the results were amazing. I have been able to use it to put together presentations and even fun videos for family since. I had no background with things like this, and premiere pro helped me ace the class, and develop soft skills that I hope to continue to use in the future, especially in classes with students.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I had with the product was dashboard setup. It was a little confusing, and sometimes my windows would get moved on accident. That was a little frustrating, but once it was set up the way I liked I had no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorials Adobe offers.

I was able to successfully pass my course, and also have incorporated some of the videos I've created into lessons for students by placing clips and images with words and actions they are trying to learn.

Premiere Pro review by Samuel D.
Samuel D.

"Great software for video, needs better tools for taching the basics"

What do you like best?

Been using it as my go to editing software for years. Things haven't changed much since I've been using it, and that is a good thing. Sure things have improved, but they haven't changed the layout or overall flow of producing work.

What do you dislike?

Teaching people how to use it has been very hard. Specifically for people who have never used a video editor before and hear that this is the best one. I have a lot of older people at my job that have no idea what they are doing, and have been working on the program for a year or so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch videos online to bring you up to speed on what you are doing. It takes time, but once you master it editing is a breeze

Need it to edit footage of sports

Premiere Pro review by Ryan V.
Ryan V.

"Adobe Premiere Pro 2017 CC Work Review"

What do you like best?

I am the senior editor at my work. I create promos for dance studios and competitions every year. I make 50+ a year. I use Premiere Pro over AVID and Final Cut because it supports many types of media including .quicktime files. The layout, effects, support effects, templates and how cache works speeds up my editing process. I also love the dynamic link between media encoder and after effects. It allows me to do high-end animating/video effects in after effects and quickly update in premiere.

What do you dislike?

If you do not know the dynamic link procedure between premiere and after effects it will break easily and you cannot update your premiere project. You have to save in premiere, then click after effects, do something, save, then go back to premiere. If you go back and forth it will break.

Constant updates

The new title tool sucks. I like quick and simple or else i use after effects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the 2017 cc version as the 2018 version does not work fully. There are always bugs with new updates. Always use the same premiere pro and after effects version for dynamic link to work.

Editing, converting video files, promo/montage creation, work social media creation, quick sound fades for problem sound bytes, etc.

Premiere Pro review by Tymm H.
Tymm H.

"Adobe Premiere Pro is a premiere product!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This software utilizes an intuitive interface so anybody who has been editing for years can easily and quickly find the tools they are looking for. The filters included are great and the transitions are easy to use and plentiful.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then it seems to deal with a memory leak issue or something and freezes up. It's not very often and it has never really impacted a project in a negative way. Also - i know it's a BIG program but it seems to take a long time to load on initial open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! It trumps all other tools in myopinion

Storytelling has become easier with this software. I can quickly piece together a visual story and have it shared with many in not time at all... The ease of use with this software translates to quicker stories being put together and more mediums or communities being shared to (Instagram, Facebook, etc.). One of the fundamental problems being solved here - for us at least - is access of the content - we're able to deliver a lot in a little time with Premiere Pro and our sponsor base is more likely to launch and watch the video than they are to read through the same type of content.

Premiere Pro review by Josh A.
Josh A.

"Universal Editing"

What do you like best?

I really like that Adobe has found a way to make this editing system stable and reliable, and has editing options that minimize needs outside of Premiere (effects, keyframes, color, audio).

What do you dislike?

I don't like that new updates are risky to "try out" and can prove to cause problems. Many hours have been spent on troubleshooting problems brought on by updating to a new version, creating a project, and having to move forward with the troubles brought on by updating to new versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere Pro is great for TV, TV spots, short-form film, and other professional uses. I wouldn't recommend Premiere for long-form film, because of product stability (especially during frequent updates). Adobe is always evolving and headed in the direction of stability, organization, creativity and professionalism.

Creating outstanding visual content for corporate, web and television. This tool has become the industry standard in creating profitable commercial content.

Premiere Pro review by AJ V.
AJ V.

"Premiere Pro 2018.1"

What do you like best?

Very easy to work across all creative cloud applications via Dynamic Link. We have a lot of animators and freelance graphics artists come in on a regular basis, so to be able to take any of their files and be able to find the project which they were sourced from is a big advantage.

What do you dislike?

XMP metadata does not work well in a SAN based environment. In a shared media workplace, injecting XMP will change the modified date on whichever files are being used. In turn, this will knock those same files offline for any other user using the same files.

Also, the Lumetri color panel is a nice touch but is still in need of a lot of work on the development side. More often than not, the controls are both inaccurate and not powerful enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updates that reflects feedback from users.

Very simple to pick up & collaborate with others. I was the first to jump in to the program and integrate our workflow with Adobe CC. Once this was done I was able to easily train the rest of our staff, of which every other editor is now on board.

For our particular needs, half of our staff was on Final Cut Pro 7 while the other was on FCPX. Once Apple stopped supporting FCP 7 we needed to find a uniform solution, which is where Premiere stepped in.

Premiere Pro review by Gerardo V.
Gerardo V.

"Don't look back, Premiere is the way to go"

What do you like best?

All of the tools provided with this software are wonderful, so many editing capabilities and it goes well with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite. I love the fact that with Premiere you can make simple videos, really stand out and make an impression.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little hard to understand when you start to use it but once you get a good understanding of the interface and the tools and settings you are set to make some nice videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Premiere Pro is a great way to make your videos look good with some editing, it's much better than iMovie and once you get used to it, it becomes really easy to use.

Premiere has allowed the magazine to provide video content of better quality to meet the needs of the publication, adding a better look and portraying what the company is all about.

Premiere Pro review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"New features in premiere pro 2017"

What do you like best?

The way premiere is heading is great. They are bringing in more features that only used be in after effects, photoshop and other adobe apps. I do like the new workspaces they have designed for each area of editing.

logging, assembly, editing, coloring, editing, Audio mastering and audio editing. It's really been a one all system which is really nice. I enjoy using it's new coloring system called Lumetri. It's been much easier to edit color than it used to be.

What do you dislike?

The new graphics page of adobe is terrible. Replacing the title page makes it more difficult to places titles and customize them. The default lower third titles are also not great. I wish there were more motion control options with the pre made options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe is what I teach with. Yes, there is a learning curve, but adobe is very good as far as organization and everything needed in most mid-level projects.

My only wish for adobe premiere pro cc 2017 is that they would collaborate with google drive and dropbox. that is where everyone is storing their videos and backups need to be sent to the could asap. They are already collaborating with YouTube. Google drive shouldn't be too much of a stretch

Premiere Pro review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"The most complete and robust editing solution"

What do you like best?

Premiere over the years gradually became the top editing application in the market. Is ease of use and complete (and ever growing) set of tools makes him simply the best solution to make audiovisual projects.

The symbiosis between the other Adobe tools is also one of the top features. The colour tools (Lumetri) are very good, the multi cam support, vast codec support. Always very innovative, the new vr tools are the proof that Premiere is always searching for better solutions for their users and keeps the track of market trends (and requirements) offering state of the art tools to work with.

What do you dislike?

The pro level that premiere sits can sometimes make it hard to do simple tasks like creating a solid or a mask or an adjustment layer. Re timing tools could also be improved. The effects and transitions list could also be updated/increased. The subtitle tools are good but could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the software. It's easy to use and learn. The support is good, there are tons of tutorials online to learn from and it will satisfy all your video project needs.

Video editing of every type of video project you can imagine. Colour correction. Project setup for VFX work.

It's a very adaptable software.

The workflow between other Adobe software is a big plus, specially After Effects and Audition. An After Effects artist can easily jump to Premiere and start editing since the interface and some tool are quite similar.

Premiere Pro review by James G.
James G.

"The most important piece of software in my life"

What do you like best?

This is hands down the most powerful NLE on the market today. Not just because of its industry-leading advancement, but because of its full integration with other adobe products. Dynamic linking between Aftereffects, Illustrator, etc. gives you the flexibility and power to take a project straight out of the camera, and into theaters, TV, or the internet, all in one suite of products.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, Adobe will release an update a bit prematurely and it will create headaches during the production process due to incompatibility across multiple users/systems, and bugs in the software can derail a workflow. However, Adobe being so quick to deploy their patches, it creates a more stable platform that always has the latest features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the industry standard for a reason. This software has set itself apart from its competitors thanks to its robust toolset, customer support, and systems integration. If you have any need for video editing, this is the software to choose.

This editing software is at the core of my business. Though primarily an animator, it is in Premiere where all of the magic comes together. It is with Premiere's ability to organize assets, dynamically integrate with other programs like Illustrator and After Effects, and work at the speed of that that Premiere really shines. Other software exists, but only Premiere has the integration that Adobe can offer.

Premiere Pro review by Jeff J.
Jeff J.

"Full Featured Video Editor"

What do you like best?

Interplay between Adobe products is seamless and yields a tightly knit and efficient video production workflow. For example, I can add Photoshop PSD files directly into videos and then launch Photoshop to edit them directly from the timeline. Similarly, I can integrate Premiere videos with AfterEffects compositions.

What do you dislike?

The layout tools could be vastly improved, especially when manipulating groups of items or multiple pieces of generated media simultaneously. For example, if I want to edit the position of multiple items across multiple tracks, I should be able to add/subtract to the x and y coordinates for the entire group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're ready for a full ecosystem of related products, consider Premiere and other Adobe CC products. If you're just looking for a basic video editor, consider a simpler product.

We utilize Premiere for the production of marketing videos. Premiere allows us to create videos with a high production value which have impressed and resonated with clients and potential clients.

Premiere Pro review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"All of Your Editing Needs"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that there are all kinds of things the program does. I learn something new every time I open it. I find that there are a lot of tutorials for this program as well. This means that I can learn it easily and quickly without a problem. I enjoy that i can cut and drag and push and pull clips. Once you know what you're doing, it's really easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are so many functions that it can be hard to find them and when you find them, it can be difficult to figure out how to use them. One may be better off having about three days and some useless clips to mess around with to learn all of the things the program can do. I often think there's nothing I can do about a clip and then I look it up and there are three or four solutions, but they just aren't obvious in any way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch videos about how to use the products. If you think you can't do something, google it.

I didn't have a video editor. I was using the YouTube editor. That was taken away so I had to get something. I wish it wasn't 60 bucks a month, though, I don't even earn any money from my videos.

Premiere Pro review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Great for More Advanced Needs!"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best about Adobe Premiere Pro is that it is readily available for those who have purchased a Creative Cloud subscription.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike most about Adobe Premiere Pro is that sometimes my motion graphics come out corrupted, so I have to re-render the entire video so solve the problem. It seems to happen randomly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a lot of patience to those just starting out with Adobe Premiere Pro. Because it can be used for very detailed projects, sometimes quick edits don't come about as quickly as you may like them to.

One business problem that I'm solving with Adobe Premiere Pro is the need for marketing and recruitment videos. Premiere Pro is a great place to create both!

Premiere Pro review by Elvis M.
Elvis M.

"My experiance with Adobe Premiere Pro CC"

What do you like best?

Best video editing software there is,i must say.Very flexible suitable both for professionals or beginners .rich editing environment ,the interface is simple hence its very responsive.The tools are very well organized.it lets you choose unlimited number of multi cam angles.I have used it on a number of different setups and l found it very stable even on decent spec machines..The color and light correction tools are very powerful before any plugins.its very easy setting up on multi monitor.It has stayed relevant with the introduction of 4K video and 360 VR video support ,it now lets you view videos in 3d and adjust angle and field of view,how ever you need the standard red-and-blue glasses.lastly bt not least,the support from adobe and community is excellent,there are a lot of getting started and tutorials videos online than any other editing software .seamless integration with the rest of adobe suit.

What do you dislike?

For beginners the price and subscription payment model maybe a bit too much.Demands system resources.too many built in effects of which most of them are unusable

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a very powerful software i strongly recomend it ...efficient, stable,tones of support and speed

upon realizing that Its very efficient and fast creating advertising and promotional videos in tight schedule is easy and painless

Premiere Pro review by Brock R.
Brock R.

"A no-brainer."

What do you like best?

It's probably not necessary to say that Premiere is a foremost pro-level video editing program. Without having used competing programs at the professional level (such as Final Cut Pro), it's hard for me to say how it stacks up. I will say that its virtually seamless integrations with After Effects and a host of other Creative Cloud programs make it a dream for a broad-spectrum creator. Being able to port over my graphics from AE or Photoshop is great.

Bugs are few and far-between, and usually resolved relatively quickly. And Premiere's inclusion in the Creative Cloud membership makes it an affordable no-brainer for any creator from the semi-professional level on up.

What do you dislike?

The new Title feature is clunky, frustrating, and ridden with bugs. I continue to use the Legacy titling feature. A few other recurring bugs are minor but consistent annoyances (such as the program crashing when applying a simple Sharpen filter).

We've made hundreds of videos for online classes and YouTube. Our online classes form our primary residual income source, so Premiere's role in creating those videos has been crucial.

Premiere Pro review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"A well-optimized, popular video editor"

What do you like best?

I love that I have the ability to import media as a proxy, meaning I can edit it in lower quality, making it faster, while still maintaining the high-quality after rendering it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it maintains a subscription-only pricing model, which turns many people away from a fantastic video editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn about Premiere using video tutorials, online courses, or a physical boot camp. You'll appreciate the solid understanding as you go on to use the program more in the future.

I'm able to quickly edit and render footage for a variety of projects and other things. It doesn't force you to use specific settings; it's all up to you and what you want your footage to look like.

Premiere Pro review by Maiyasa I.
Maiyasa I.

"Adobe Premier has helped me become a better video editor because of it's so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface and how easy it is to learn. I've been using this software for 10 years and I can't complain one bit.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much I dislike except for the fact that the software sometimes shuts down out of nowhere. It rarely happens, but when It does, It stresses me out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely go for it, especially if you're just starting out! It's easy to learn and very easy to use once you get the hang of things.

I get so many videos done using Adobe Premier. I've realized that without Premier Pro, I wouldn't be able to get as much video editing done so quickly. I've used other softwares and nothing comes close to this.

Premiere Pro review by Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.

"Having a great time learning the program!"

What do you like best?

As I learn new skills in the workplace and expand into new territory, I like that as a newcomer to the platform I can jump into a project and not feel lost about how to use the program.

What do you dislike?

Adobe is really great about providing help and tutorials for their products so at this point, there isn't anything to dislike as long as you keep your program updated and take heed to the instructions provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to train your employees on the Adobe products, especially if you work in the creative media industry - it's an extremely helpful skill for them to have!

We're doing in-house video editing for our client campaigns. Having multiple people on hand to do the work that would otherwise be outsourced is ideal and cost-effective.

Premiere Pro review by Robert Z.
Robert Z.

"Motion graphics and video editing"

What do you like best?

Very satisfied with the simplicity of the controls and at the same time of the professionalism of the various tools that Premiere Pro makes available, from the creation of video editing to the final export, where there are many codecs.

What do you dislike?

Maybe for those who work more with motion graphics or cideo compositing it would take some function more similar to those present in After Effects, so that only the Premiere Pro can be used

Recommendations to others considering the product

As already said it is great for creating motion graphics thanks to the many features such as effects, transitions, color correction and the tools, and also thanks to the good compatibility with After Effects or Photoshop.

For the company I create many professional advertising videos, both for inclusion on TV and for web platforms, such as YouTube, Facebook or Instragram.

Premiere Pro review by Nancy O.
Nancy O.

"Awesome video editing tool that you'll wonder how you got by without"

What do you like best?

Adobe Premiere Pro is super easy to use and the controls are quite intuitive, but the software is also really robust and powerful. Depending on your skill level, there is so much you can do to enhance your video. It's an amazing editing tool that allows you to go deep into your project. You can completely edit audio and color within Premiere. Plus, the Dynamic Link feature that you can use with other Adobe Suite products can help you take your projects even further.

What do you dislike?

Keep an eye out for bugs in updates. Sometimes these are minor bugs, but a bigger bug can really put a damper on your editing experience. The Adobe team is responsive in their online forums, and do a lot to help address issues and find workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want powerful and easy integration with other software, including Adobe After Effects, then Premiere is 100% the way to go.

Premiere Pro helps our team quickly edit basic resources like webinars but also is powerful enough to integrate media from additional software products into our projects, which enables us to produce even better content.

Premiere Pro review by David H.
David H.

"Wonderful Software"

What do you like best?

Premiere Pro offers a great software for video professionals. It's easy to use and does not have a lot of bugs. The interface is user friendly with many work spaces that can be customized for each user and each project.

What do you dislike?

Missing a few shortcuts when trying to move multiple clips. If you select multiple clips on the timeline then go to the effects screen you cannot move the position or scale of those clips together. So if you have 6 logos that you have placed on the screen but need to move them all to the left a bit you cannot do it. You have to nest the clips in another sequence. Needs fixing for speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. Very value priced. Especially if you are using Final Cut X. The power of Premiere will blow your mind compared to FCX. Be sure to pay the money for the whole Adobe Creative Clouds Suite.

Premiere is a cost effective way of producing high quality videos. The speed is the best benefit. Premiere Pro very rarely crashes, which is good when working on high dollar video projects. There is no time to be re editing something that you just did.

Premiere Pro review by Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.

"Not for the novice but not too bad of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

Once you've learned the basics it's really easy to pick up new tricks and free plugins. There are so many resources out there that are free and you find a tutorial to walk you through anything you are trying to do. On the plus side you don't need to purchase the full Adobe Suite and it's become much more affordable to try it out and see if you like it.

What do you dislike?

With the CC updates I find that it crashes randomly. It does have a bit of a steep learning curve if you don't know anything about video editing.

I am the sole editor of video for my site and having the CC bundle allows me to do everything I need to do from beginning to end with video editing.

Premiere Pro review by Megan C.
Megan C.

"Premiere Pro Just Works"

What do you like best?

Adobe Premiere Pro is so easy to use. The controls are extremely intuitive, but the software is so powerful. Depending on your skill level, there is so much you can do to enhance your video. It's an amazing editing tool that allows you to go deeper into your project than many other softwares. You can edit your audio and color within Premiere as well. Plus, the Dynamic Link feature that you can use with other Adobe Suite products can help you go even further.

What do you dislike?

Watch out for bugs in version updates. Sometimes these are minor bugs, but a bigger bug can really put a damper on your editing experience. But the Adobe team are super responsive in their online forums, and do a lot to help address issues and find workarounds. Additionally, the Title controls are a little weak, but you can still do a lot of customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want powerful and easy integration with other software, including Audition and After Effects then Premiere is 100% the way to go.

Premiere Pro helps our team integrate media from additional softwares into our projects, which enables us to produce even better content.

Premiere Pro review by Dany H.
Dany H.

"I've tried others and come back to Premiere"

What do you like best?

Premiere has done a great job over the last few years to catch up with Final Cut as far as features and ease of use. I came back to Premiere because of the integration with all Adobe products. It's great to be able to drag and drop between applications without any issues.

What do you dislike?

I'm not the biggest fan of working with timecode in Premiere. Also the audio editing features are not really all that helpful. I always find myself going to a third party application for any audio corrections I need.

Story-telling... social media posts... We mainly use it to tell stories of people in our community and the difference they are making. I'm not a film maker by any means, but Premiere is just right for us.

Premiere Pro review by Jolanta J.
Jolanta J.

"Premier is a neat editing software, simple to pick up "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the software. It was really straightforward to learn the basic tools necessary for video editing. And there are great video /sound enhancing effects handy as well - not overwhelming at all to start incorporate. I find that all these are sufficient to create great looking videos - with nice transitions and visual enhancements

What do you dislike?

I dislike the small-scaled timeline... It feels very claustrophobic working on such a small portion of the screen. I appreciate the developers have addressed that with new addition of themed workspace . It , however, still feels uncomfortable to work .

One specific suggestion I had was for the timeline scale control: - making the minimize /expand scale control slightly less sensitive to drag of the mouse.... So it feels there is a degree of precision to setting the scale of the timeline in edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A trial of this software should be the total time you feel is required to get a good grip of the software.

Proactive creation - Youtube videos, internal company visualizations for possible product solutions.

Creating appealing and easy to follow visual stories.

Premiere Pro review by Kim D.
Kim D.

"Easy Enough for a Novice"

What do you like best?

Premiere is great for my needs because I am not at all a videographer. I mostly need it to stitch together quick videos for work - since it's always assumed video is a marketing function. I make event videos for our company as well as quick ad videos for Facebook. Premiere was relatively easy for me to get into - mostly because I'd had experience with After Effects before. Anything I didn't know, I could easily Google and get quick answers. E.g. How to add text.

What do you dislike?

I suppose it needs to be done this way, but there are so many windows that it gets really overwhelming at times. This is certainly not like iMovie, where it's intuitive and for everyday home use. You do need to have somewhat of a background in other Adobe programs. I don't have a solution for this, but it's something that I noticed when I first started using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to research some of the basics before jumping into the program. There are tons of great features you'll miss out on if you don't. Little things like, "exponential fade" between audio transitions really enhances the video experience.

I've been able to put together quick videos for my company. We often have events where I'd like to put together a quick recap. Or I'll put together a 30-second ad for Facebook. I also made a going-away video for a co-worker where I had to stitch together several clips and add music and text.

The videos for Facebook was worthwhile because though I'd been posting static ads for a while, people were starting to lose interest. As soon as I posted a video, it started to gain more traction.

Premiere Pro review by Jason T.
Jason T.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Having used a couple similar programs (AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro, etc) I've found Premiere to have the user interface I like the most for editing commercials and company video content. It takes just a little bit of getting used to the way Adobe does things, but once you're familiar with the interface and shortcuts I feel like I can get a lot more done with a lot less effort. I love organizing my projects into bins for quick navigation, and I love how easy it is to drop in premade templates for transitions and effects

What do you dislike?

It can be frustrating to use keyframes for animations or making adjustments to certain elements. I can't really think of a much better way to do it, to their credit, but I still find it cumbersome to work with. This is one of the things I feel other programs like Final Cut do better

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say give the program a shot. Adobe provides a free 14-day trial so there really is nothing to lose!

I create commercial and internal content, and once you get a flow down (and some project templates) you can just pump out content in no time at all. It has a very streamlined workflow, and pretty decent export times.

Premiere Pro review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Adobe Premiere Review"

What do you like best?

I love that I can design in PS or AI and then import into the Premiere program. Adobe is so fluid from app to app. Premiere allows for so many options! I use their built in effects sometimes as well as their various cross-fade options.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say that I have had too many problems, especially compared to what else is out there. It's a solid program. If anything, sometimes it crashes. :/ From there I have to reboot it and hope that it saved my recent changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used many professional programs outside of this app but it's about as smooth as it gets!

We create videos for marketing online. Because the program basically does what it advertises, I've realized how smooth & convenient it can be.

Premiere Pro review by Charlie S.
Charlie S.

"Adobe Premiere - Easy for the novice, advanced enough for the professional "

What do you like best?

I love Premiere's multi camera features. They are easy to use and make it extremely easy to go back and make edits. Premiere also does a good job of syncing the clips, as long as they are either timecoded on set, or have a good audio marker for syncing purposes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Premiere's file organization. I feel that it's easy to become unorganized while using premiere. I think that Final Cut Pro for example has much better automatic organization (keeps media and project files together, or gives options to split).

I also wish Adobe would be a bit clearer on the best way to optimize media for the multi camera features. For example using some compressed file types seem to really slow down and lag the editing in multi camera mode, but after converting to ProRes, many issues go away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay organized, take time to setup folders and scratch disks properly. If you stay organized you will love Premiere and never look back. Also make sure to optimize/render media for an overall better experience in Premiere.

I am able to edit multi camera events so much faster, and get projects to clients faster than ever before. I no longer have to take switchers, decks, recorders, tons of cables, etc, to do a multi camera setup and avoid weeks of editing.

Premiere Pro review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Pro video editing made easy!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Premier Pro is yet another phenomenal pieces of software from Adobe that very effectively integrates many advanced features into a consistent and familiar feeling interface.

What do you dislike?

Given that the software is created by Adobe, I'd like to see more of an effort to integrate Photoshop and vector features from Illustrator. I would like for there to be some additional functionality similar to how Photoshop treats imagery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend getting into a trial with Adobe Creative Cloud to make sure the software is right with you. It's easy to lear for me so far!

I utilize Premier Pro to create mockumentary style short videos. We combine footage we've shot along with stock footage to push solutions to our clients.

Premiere Pro review by Dewey B.
Dewey B.

"Full Featured Editing Powerhouse"

What do you like best?

I have worked in Premiere for over 6 years, and it is always my go-to for editing- anything from a basic family video to a feature length independent film, Premiere can handle it all. Adobe Premiere Pro allows users to access a wide array of tools to craft the perfect video. From basic cutting and color grading to motion tracking mask effects, Premiere Pro makes it possible to work through every step of post-production in one single application (although the integration with other Adobe stuff like After Effects and Photoshop makes it that much better). Additionally, the interface is similar to other Adobe offerings, making the transition between programs relatively easy to handle.

What do you dislike?

System optimization can vary, depending on how powerful and current your computer is. In addition, the export options between Mac OS X and Windows can vary, making it difficult when collaborating with editors that have different operating systems.

As a professional video editor, I utilize Premiere almost daily. The interface allows me to complete projects quickly and intuitively, while the wide breadth of tools allow me to easily handle visual effects and color correction .

Premiere Pro review by Tim V.
Tim V.

"Adobe Premiere does it all!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can drop video clips of all sorts of resolutions and sizes into one timeline and Premiere will generally play it! Sometimes, we are forced to use clips in a project that came off of someone's phone, and Premiere can play all the clips almost seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, on my MacMini, Premiere will crash. But, that may be a trait of my older computer, not the software. It is important to make sure that you check the minimum requirements, or the program will run (and render) slowly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you get the entire Creative Cloud suite, you get a great deal. Most video editing programs are all similar to each other, so you are good w/this system.

One of our newest projects is a video based, sales training course. It's so helpful to have a versatile video editing program like Premiere. I've been working with non-linear editing softwares for about 12 years, and Adobe Premiere is an important tool for us.

Premiere Pro review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Well-Rounded Editing Software"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Premiere Pro is the connectivity it allows using dynamic link with other Adobe software like AfterEffects. This is extremely convenient for projects that require both programs.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is the color match feature released in the latest update. It's a great idea in theory to match color correction across shots but it doesn't work very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it really is a well-rounded program. It has good color correction tools, easy to use trimming tools, and is just a workhorse for editing.

For me I use Premiere Pro every single day to edit short and long-form videos for my job. It definitely is well-rounded and just works well for my needs.

Premiere Pro review by Luca D.
Luca D.

"Professional video editing and video compositing "

What do you like best?

Premiere Pro is a great software for professional video editing, and has several functions that allow editing of clips and sequences. Above all it has excellent compatibility with Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and other Adobe software that allows you to save time and get a better result.

What do you dislike?

Insert more effects and transitions directly from the panels of Premiere Pro, without using third-party plugins, as well as insert a more complete color correction always within the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use a professional video editing software or to create motion graphics of great visual impact, Premiere Pro is the right choice.

Video editing, export in various file formats, video compositing or motion graphics. Premiere allows full use for different purposes.

Premiere Pro review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"The Best Video Editing Software for Non-Mac Users"

What do you like best?

While the program may seem overwhelming at first, that are plenty of resources in the program and online to accomplish almost everything you want to do. If you can't, then you can easily move your project over to other programs in the Creative Suite such as After Effects.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is the lack of formats supported right out of vanilla. I have trouble encoding from Premiere itself often, but when it works it comes out solid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a PC user and are interested in any kind of editing whatsoever, use Premiere. Or you can buy a Mac for Final Cut.

I am able to edit my videos more seamlessly and with more ease than I did with Sony Vegas.

Premiere Pro review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Excellent Program!! Perfect for video editing."

What do you like best?

I love this program for editing sound and video. Its perfect for cutting, adding effects, and making videos. Ive used this in a variety of my work projects to take clips and mesh them togetjer while adding transitions and effects. I love the ease of use and how it allows you to choose a wide range of export settings.

What do you dislike?

I love this program and I cannot say that theres anything that I dislike. Ive been using this program for a couple years now and it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for video and minor sound edits for video production.

I was able to edit corporate videos, add and combine shots, add music and sound, and edit videos/clips for social media. It was easy for me to export the videos I was creating, or to inport existing videos and export them exactly in the right format that I needed. This program organizes assets, effects that you can add, and your video/audio tracks in an easy, manageable format.

Premiere Pro review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Very powerful, very buggy"

What do you like best?

Highly capable, very flexible software. Lumetri color and new graphics and audio tools are fantastic, but could use more streamlining. Essential audio and graphics are very nice new additions in the latest update. After Effects dynamic link is still the killer feature that keeps us on Premiere.

What do you dislike?

Extraordinarily buggy and rather slow. Constantly crashing or otherwise getting in the way. Especially noticeable compared to FCPX, which in my experience is remarkably fast and stable. Would be nice to have more streamlined audio editing tools in Premiere. Essential audio is a nice addition, but I go to Audition still because it is easier to work with audio clips in that. Would be nice to have a more streamlined timeline (i.g., borrow some of the slickness from FCPX). Alternatively, sleeker roundtripping with Audition could solve this issue. And please Adobe--PLEASE--just give your products a consistent user interface. It's maddening switching between Creative Cloud applications because of the wildly varied key commands and interface styles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a long hard look at FCPX, as that may better fulfill most needs.

We use this to edit videos and do final finishing on animation pieces. Excellent for editing together mixed graphics and video because of dynamic link.

Premiere Pro review by User in Veterinary
User in Veterinary

"A Great Product If You Can Afford It"

What do you like best?

Finding a good video editing software can be rather frustrating, but this one surprised me how intuitive it is. A few minutes search online is all you need if you ever don’t know how to do something as well.

What do you dislike?

The price point is rather high; it’s a monthly subscription rather than an actual product, and the monthly rate is at least about $20 per month. It’ll cost you a lot in the long run if you’re paying for it yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version before you buy, but very likely it will lag because it will not have the most efficient encoder if you’re only using the free version.

It has really given the company videos a professional feel and has been very versatile in making videos without using online commercial makers that charge you to make changes and don’t allow the flexibility.

Premiere Pro review by User in Internet

"Full Featured Video Editor The Can Make Your Videos Stand Out"

What do you like best?

First that it really works well. It's supported and even though I've only had one or two issues over the last 4 years, they were all resolved quickly by support, even logging onto my computer and taking care of it. Second, it is very full featured with templates, plugins and files you can download or purchase that can do just about anything you want to help you make amazing videos.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty steep, and a lot of the animation we like to use is in After Effects which also has a steep learning curve. Good news is that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of tutorials on the web that can show you how to do just about anything in the programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend diving into the program, when you want to do something, just search for it online and see how it's done. Do it, play with it and then you'll know how to do that thing. Next time, do the same. After some time doing this you will have enough skills to create the videos you want.

Premiere Pro has helped us create amazing videos that communicate exactly how we want them to, both for our own business and for clients. We have benefited greatly by being able to offer video services to our clients and our clients have benefited greatly by having awesome videos that can be created with PP.

Premiere Pro review by User in Higher Education

"Premiere Pro is great!"

What do you like best?

I like that Premiere is easy to use, and the user interface is pretty intuitive. The tools at the top are self-explanatory for adding new sequences, titles and which windows you'd like to use: color, editing, etc. There are many options to add different text. I like the hotkeys for the different tools, which makes video editing faster. I love editing video, it is one of my favorite things to do. Having Premiere Pro makes a very time-consuming task much easier.

What do you dislike?

If you are not familiar AT ALL with video editing, you may not understand how the windows can be moved around, and the views changed. If you watch the video tutorial on Lynda.com though, you'll be able to figure it out. Sometimes I accidentally click on a little button on the side of the timeline that unchecks the ability for the audio to be brought to the timeline with the video. It took me forever to figure out that all I had to do was to click on the little button again to bring that ability back. Now it's fine, because I know to look out for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My own use of Premiere Pro has been highly satisfactory. We will continue to use it for video editing, and it has made me love editing video! I highly recommend others use it as well. As far as I know, it is the only video editing software that creative professionals use. I end up having a professionally shot and edited video that we can post to social media channels and I can be proud of what I have produced. The tools we use, such as Premiere Pro, have a lot to do in creating the end product.

I am a photographer who is self-taught learning Premiere Pro. The tutorial on Lynda.com and the ease of use of the software has made it easy for me to launch into video projects right away. I can now add videographer to my list of skill sets! We now have a schedule for when we shoot videos and it doesn't seem daunting to me to make the deadline to edit the video.

Premiere Pro review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Usable, even for the unexperienced "

What do you like best?

Premiere is a powerful video editing software. It's ease of use is the best thing I like about it. Even as a relatively-inexperienced video editor, it allows me to lay layers of video and audio files fairly simply. The videos I've created have been instrumental in generating revenue for our organization.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike about Premiere. It's the standard for video editing software. If I had to pick something I disliked, maybe more intuitive buttons (possibly with labels under the icon) to allow novice users an easier way to learn all its capabilities. This could possibly be turned on/off in settings as you become more familiar with the program.

We use video to highlight our travel packages we put together for our donors. Video tells the story of these trips so much better than words on a page. After using video, we've successfully sold out all our trips for the past 3 years.

Premiere Pro review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Great video editor with pro tools"

What do you like best?

the ease of using multiple layers of video and audio along with the ease of use for the many many tools available. I also really love the audio editor tools and the ability of the user to use the Adobe platform to share the work with others so they can approve edits.

What do you dislike?

It was a challenge to find a few of the tools at first (like transitions) but after I used a few tutorials, I was impressed with how much you can do! overall, it is a very deep editor but needs tutorials to use it for some simple tasks. I wish it was still available as a stand alone product vs. subscription based. That really limits its usage for individuals. Subscription model works great for teams and organizations, but not so much for individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can, give it a shot, but give yourself enough time to evaluate it along with viewing tutorials so you can get started well.

Using Premiere Pro really helped on a project where our source audio was at a low recording volume. We had to increase the level but the sound editor worked great to reduce the hiss and it came out great for our audience.

Premiere Pro review by Brandon D.
Brandon D.

"Would not except video format from drone. Had to convert every file"

What do you like best?

Nothing, I paid for the program for several months and could never get it to work properly. When I cancelled my membership I was charged an $86

What do you dislike?

This program did not seem to be very user friendly at all. I taught myself Photoshop through Youtube videos and instruction books but this program was horrible. Not only did it not accept video from my DJI drone, but as I went to forums it seemed to be a common problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure people who use this program frequently are happy with it. I was not able use this product with ease. Part of the problem was definitely that the program would not accept the video format of my drone. That being said, it was not an uncommon format (.mov) and it had something to do with the codec, but in my opinion if you produce a video editing software you would think that something as popular as DJI drone footage would be able to be recognized by the program. It was a very costly mistake on my part.

None from my standpoint. Waste of money

Premiere Pro review by Nathan O.
Nathan O.

"The Best Video Editor Known to Humankind"

What do you like best?

Premiere has it all: the tried and true nonlinear editor, the pseudo-file-system for managing your linked assets, and deep integration with the rest of the adobe suite.

What do you dislike?

Even on powerful machines, Premiere is frequently unstable. I cannot even express how many times I have had Premiere crash in the middle of sometimes even basic tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering and join the club. Apple's Final Cut Pro X has some nice features, but Premiere's deep integration with Photoshop, Audition, and AfterEffects makes it THE option for professional video editing. The ability to right click on any video clip and open it in AfterEffects through the Dynamic Link Server has become an indispensible part of our workflow, as well as the similar integration with Audition and native support for Photoshop PSDs. Finally, we've just started using the Team projects feature, which allows multiple people on our team to work on different parts of the same project, something I haven't seen from any other vendor and which makes it possible, for example, for someone to be working color and lighting while another person edits. Truly remarkable.

My organization is using Premiere to create and deliver next-generation 4K video content to our constituents, and we're absolutely loving it.

Premiere Pro review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"Muy Buen Editor de Vídeos "

What do you like best?

nterfaz limpia. Herramientas flexibles de corte. Toneladas de organización ayuda. Marcadores personalizados Máxima potencia en la edición de video. Excelente estabilización.

What do you dislike?

Muy lento para la renderización de vídeos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere Pro CC es la continuación de las mejoras graduales de Adobe a su software profesional de edición de video. Como tal, no sorprende que sea increíblemente útil y matizado. Es uno de los mejores software profesionales de edición de video porque toma todas las herramientas que necesita y las presenta de una manera conveniente, intuitiva e innovadora.

Con esta plataforma de edición puedo producir desde comerciales de televisión, cortometrajes, documentales, vídeos institucionales y prácticamente cualquier producto audiovisual que involucre imagen y sonido digamos de manera primaria pero con excelentes resultados.

Premiere Pro review by Dallas C.
Dallas C.

"Premier Premiere Premieres at Premier Premiere Premiere"

What do you like best?

This is the best version of Premiere there has been so far (hence the title). It is factually the most useful version of premiere that I have ever used. Coming from iMovie 2004 and Pinnacle, Premiere is a dream. I animated an entire Korean dance commercial in a single day with no previous experience (search "Cupbop Bacchus Saxophone" on YouTube). I had no training and created a professional video full of effects, green screening, everything.

What do you dislike?

The visual organization is confusing and nonlinear, which is not at all what you would want from a program dealing with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can google anything!

I make videos to animate my music and advertise business.

Premiere Pro review by Tara H.
Tara H.

"Easy to use, Powerful Video Editing Software!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Premiere. It is one of the most simple to use, powerful video-editing softwares out there. I mostly use it to compile videos together, throw on some extra text, and add some transitions and audio/music. It is one of the few Adobe programs that I ever find myself frustrated with. (I love Adobe though!) But this program has never crashed on me, never given me error reports- it's truly a great program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I create text within the program, I wish there were more creative options. However, I know this is better to do in After Effects anyways. It would just be nice to have a few creative options because sometimes you want to add in things last minute without having to go back into your AE file.

Premiere Pro has given me then ability to produce quality videos while keeping my work flow moving promptly. The software integrates well with the rest of the Adobe family and makes moving been softwares great.

Premiere Pro review by Biagio D.
Biagio D.

"Professional video editing"

What do you like best?

Premiere Pro allows you to make highly professional video editing with the use of multiple monitors, so you can take advantage on one side of the timeline with different audio and video tracks, on the other the two monitors indispensable for a precise trimming phase. He works perfectly with After Effects and with Photoshop or Illustrator for the preparation of assets, indispensable for those who work in motion graphics.

What do you dislike?

The rendering phase is sometimes a bit slow and this penalizes the timing of making a video editing, especially when inserting effects or using a color correction. You could improve this aspect and maybe add new effects or transitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere Pro is undoubtedly one of the most complete and professional video editing software on the market, both because Adobe is now a guarantee (and allows excellent compatibility with other softwares) and because it has so many features and functions that affect the various stages, with an eye to the modification of the audio and the export phase.

Creation of video clips for my clients, who more and more often need to use motion graphics for Facebook, Instagram or YouTube. In general I work very often with Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop to prepare resources and build professional videos.

Premiere Pro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's Not the Most Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Like many Adobe products, if you know one of them, you have a better chance of learning the others. I went to art school and got an introduction to Adobe Premiere there. Since, I have used it in our marketing business to make videos. Adobe premiere is really the best video editing software. While it does take up a massive amount of RAM, it works very fast and you can actually make videos fairly quickly if you are in a rush.

One of the best features about Adobe Premiere is the actual interface. Once you learn how it works and how you can really utilize each tool, you can be a really quick editor. Although most business owners do not need it, it's the gold standard

What do you dislike?

Something that I wish Adobe Premiere would do better at is connecting to the other Adobe platforms in a faster way. Maybe I am missing the shortcuts, but I find it lengthy to have to work between different Adobe software. Mainly between After Effects & Premiere & Photoshop & Premiere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch lots of tutorial videos on it. It will save you a lot of time. Especially if you are shooting on an iPhone.

The main problem we are solving is creating video content for our own company and for our clients. It's a great added benefit to have!

Premiere Pro review by M.D. W.
M.D. W.

"The best your going to get"

What do you like best?

I don't really think that there's a lot of things that I dislike about this editing system. I've used five different editing systems in my career, and none are as easy to learn and easy to use as premier. This program allows you as a novice, to edit easy videos. And as an expert at it much more difficult videos.

What do you dislike?

One big thing is that I don't like that the quick keys are not the same in every other program in the Adobe suite. I know the thing that I don't love in Premier is that it does not have the appropriate means necessary to trim certain Clips down. I just think certain editing softwares do a little bit better.

With the combination of After Effects Photoshop and Lightroom, realistically there's just about nothing you can't do and can't figure out what these programs

Premiere Pro review by User in Music
User in Music

"Premiere Pro is the Industry Standard for a reason."

What do you like best?

Premiere is one of the best film editing software on the market. Its compatibility with sister animation programmes such as 'After Effects' sharpens the workflow for film makers and designers alike. I personally like its layout, and the extensive editing tools which gives users full control over their raw footage.

What do you dislike?

Rendering times. I have a powerful machine, however even I find the rendering times on Premiere pretty laggy. Even after making one tiny change (such as just cutting a piece of footage) the entire clip must be rendered again. This is fine if you have a solid workflow within the programme, and you understand it does this. There are work arounds, however I do feel that it could be rectified

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time. It is a very difficult programme to get into, especially if you're like me and came from a basic film editing software. However, once you get into it, you will relish the control it provides.

I have been able to collaborate with artists on film making opportunities as well as photography. Because I use the full adobe suite, it has really made a huge difference to my work.

Premiere Pro review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Excellent Video Editing Software has come a Long Way!"

What do you like best?

This program adapts to a lot of the latest video editing software. You'll find a lot of those features and nuances in premiere. It's fairly easy to use once you get acclimated on how everything works. Big fan of the filters and with Premiere being Adobe, it's very robust in terms of features.

What do you dislike?

Rendering can get a little annoying especially if you want to test out a filter, you'll get a lot of processing bars which can affect your momentum when putting together a movie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For new users of this program, start with a YouTube to get familiar with this program. For others transitioning from other editing software like, Final Cut will be able to adapt just final. Just a few differences but should be flying with a few tutorials.

Creating quick YouTube content and promotional vignettes can't be any easier. Also, basic audio editing is great as well. Has some filters but if you're looking to cut some music down- it's a great extra feature to use.

Premiere Pro review by John C.
John C.

"Great product works best with after effects"

What do you like best?

So premiere is adobe's answer to movie maker pro and it's a great video creation tool. It has a lot of options for creation video from editing audio, video, to adding and subtracting tracks. You can create 3D, work with green screen and it has a lot of different options to create the ultimate video.

What do you dislike?

The interface in my opinion isn't the easiest to use, furthermore because it has so many options in terms of video creation I think it's almost impossible to learn it's full functionality and that in and of itself can be frustrating. I have used linda.com in the past to learn some of it's functions but if you don't know what you are looking for it's hard to learn how to use the product effectively. I would say if you are going to purchase this you need to either take some courses or pay for ledet training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take ledet training or college courses otherwise it's going to be hard to learn how to use.

We have been trying to create high end training videos. This product makes that possible in a fast efficient way. With the emergent market being gen y and z video is the way to go and this creates some of the best.

Premiere Pro review by Antonio P.
Antonio P.

"El mejor editor de video que existe "

What do you like best?

Aunque al principio es un poco complejo de usar, para un usuario medio al final se convierte en una herramienta imprescindible. Tienes todas las opciones indispensables para hacer un trabajo perfecto y la posibilidad de añadir elementos externos (plantillas, efectos, etc). Las herramientas son fáciles de usar con muchas posibilidades. Soporte asegurado teniendo a una empresa como Adobe detrás.

What do you dislike?

Quizas que es un poco complejo de usar al inicio, pero es normal por las opciones que tiene.

Precio algo caro. Ocupa demasiado espacio en disco.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software eficiente y de calidad, nada mas abrirlo notas que trabajas con algo serio.

Es lo mejor que puedes encontrar en el mercado.

Muchos, lo utilizabamos para crear y montar anuncios y publicidad, tambien para editar videos de rutas que hacemos.

Adobe premier cubrió los problemas que teníamos con otros software como Sony Vegas.

Premiere Pro review by Neelam D.
Neelam D.

"Best Video Editor"

What do you like best?

I have been using Premiere pro to edit my vlogs. The best thing about this software is the ease of use. Right from the start I was very comfortable using it. It does what its supposed to do perfectly. Integrating video and audio and replacing the audio with a voiceover, muting the audio, managing transitions, color correction, etc are its greatest plus points.

What do you dislike?

One thing I struggled with when using it is to insert additional clips on already created sequence. Let's say I have 15 clips and I want to insert something after the 5th clip. The way I do it is by moving the following 10 clips to the right first and then creating space. I found a workaround to it but it was not obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to edit your videos and looking for a great way to do that? You definitely need this software. All the professionals use this product because it has great advantages. This software is the best in the industry. Be it from making videos with your pictures or just text videos or full videos, this software helps you. If you're a beginner, the learning curve is not huge. It is very intuitive and easy to use.

I am a vlogger and I need to edit my videos and make them beautiful for my audience. Premiere Pro has been helping me achieve that very effectively and efficiently. The benefits of using this software is editing videos doesn't take too long and once you're used to it, it becomes easier and easier.

Premiere Pro review by Jon L.
Jon L.