ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now

(1,832)

From basic payroll and helping with Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, to managing employees across borders, ADP Workforce Now is a simple, powerful solution that helps companies with 50 or more employees improve their business performance.

Work for ADP Workforce Now?

Learning about Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Ask Workforce Now a Question
Showing 1,878 Workforce Now reviews
Workforce Now review by Alessandra C.
Alessandra C.

"ADP Workforce Now is OK"

What do you like best?

I like that I can call a customer service representative for ADP Workforce Now and get assistance with completing an unfamiliar process in the system.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I have to wait until I begin a pay cycle to make many changes to employment profiles. In other HRIS systems, I am able to key changes or updates ahead of time with an effective date. I do not like that local tax information is affiliated with the position someone holds, which means that if you need to update their local tax information you must also change their position. I also feel that some consultants are not as attentive to their clients. I have had to chase some around for weeks at a time in order to get a response on something, which can hold up implementation schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a system that has many parts that are all interconnected and work together seamlessly, then I would not consider ADP Workforce Now. There are better systems that can service you if this is a priority for you and your organization.

We recently rolled out the Time Off module which has helped resolve time off tracking issues previously experienced using an Excel worksheet.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ADP Workforce Now
Workforce Now review by Benito C.
Benito C.

"Overall it's a great system "

What do you like best?

This system is robust in what it does, it is for larger and more midsize businesses. I think the best part about it is the reporting capabilities & the ability to practically report on any field that you would like to report on. ADP is a good storehouse for employee data and much can be stored in it. Also, the employee self service for viewing checks is clean & straight forward for the employees. Open enrollment is fairly easy to deploy through the self service option. Overall, this is a great option for companies. I also love the fact that I can talk to anyone to assist me in whatever I may need.

What do you dislike?

There are several improvements that can be made to ADP WFN:

- The site is glitchy at times. I also hate the fact that it will tell you that you are logged in elsewhere when all other windows are closed out. This is so frustrating!

- Customer service can be frustrating at times because you have to kind of guage whether or not they know what they are talking about. I usually have to throw them a test question befoe I get into the real question to ensure that know that they are knowledgable in the area. I shouldn't have to do this!

-So many employee have trouble navigating or logging into their accounts.

Wish List

- I wish I could log in as other employee so I can elivate the troubleshooting as an Admin.

- I wish every ADP employee were on the same page in terms of their responses

Storing and reporting on our employee data. We use ADP as our source of truth.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Workforce Now review by Anthony J. R.
Anthony J. R.

"Anthony's take on ADP ! "

What do you like best?

ADP's customer service is 2nd to none, they are smart, fun and always available to handle any and all of your day to day challenges. . I've used just about every payroll application out there, weather it's in house or out sourced, in my opinion, ADP is the best in brand, has all of the tools needed to be able to provide you with a Single Source Solution that is fully integrated. ADP's Online Employee Self Service, W-2s, Pay,checks, ACH, Debit Cards are always available, 24/7. Unemployment Compensation Mgt, New Hire Reporting, WGPS ( Wage Garnishee's ) , G/L, I-9 and SS Verification, Employee Verification & Background Checks, Split Wrap,Tax Service are all working great and always accurate and on time. I've been partnering with ADP for over 35 years and consider them to be a great asset and a major contributor to my success in the Payroll World.

What do you dislike?

I have very little to say here as their products, solutions and customer service always meet or exceed my expectations. My ask is that they keep up with the competition, and get faster with their technology enhancements. Business moves at such a rapid rate, it feels like ADP sometimes is playing catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework, speak to actual users of the ADP products and make sure they meet all of your requirements. I've sat through many sales presentations from other vendors, and for the most part, they fabricate or use disclaimers in order to persuade your decision making process. Get the most for your money, ROI as soon as you can, with the support to actually build and use your system, that has excellent customer service, not an outside contractor or a web page to send your questions and requests.

To date, here are a few of our current projects: 1)the new bi weekly match for our 401K plan and ADP was able to easily handle the custom report request, to meet all the requirements, as well as our compliance issues. 2) Our company is thankfully growing and ADP is able to scale with us and add on additional companies with easy conversion plans. We now have 6 company codes, in about 40 locations in US, Puerto Rico and Canada. 3) Our business is also in the process of switching 401K administrators, and ADP is able to easily prepare files in and out bound for them.

Workforce Now review by Scott G.
Scott G.

"ADP User Experience"

What do you like best?

The features that really serve our organization the best solely rely on application features and accounting. ADP gives our recruitment team a place to post for open positions and send automated responses that close out applicants, screen them by phone, or invite them for an in-person interview, streamlining our HR team. Additional the accounting elements allow for staff to track their hours, clock in and out, and follow their pay stubs all in one.

What do you dislike?

The core issue we have with ADP revolves around its reporting features. Reports can be made, but there are so many available fields that it's not a clear process for what data you're exporting. As well, it's not possible, from our standpoint, to import into ADP, meaning catching up on data entry so that we can use the reports in a more dynamic way has been next to impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's important to understand the reporting features.

The key business issues that we're solving revolve around accounting services and communication with our team. No need for discussion of sensitive memos, time off requests, or tuition reimbursements --- all our forms are in one easy place.

Workforce Now review by Erick R.
Erick R.

"ADP, A reliable automation that you and your employer will love."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can change your tax information and plenty of other information about your salary/income from a company or multiple companies that you work for. It even tells you the amount of taxes taken off and everything.

What do you dislike?

I can't really change my username but that's not really too big of an issue. It's also a little difficult to navigate due to small font sizes and the program trying to fit everything together on one screen. Basically, it's not all that intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try to get your company to use ADP. It helps with the HR headaches of payroll and explaining to people their benefits and what not. Every employee is responsible for seeing their payment and benefit information on their ADP account and it simplifies a lot of things.

Basically, it saves a lot of the hassle of actually inputting all direct deposits individually and it allows the employee themselves to set up the direct deposit. It's a big time saver for HR and payroll workers. It also allows for those employees to check their tax forms and their income, their pay stubs, their benefits, their work hours, vacation time, sick leave, etc... It is an all in one information hub for basic income and company benefit questions you may have. I'm not too keen on the HR aspect since I'm only reviewing it as an employee using the ADP system and not an HR manager setting it up but from what I see it's a very good product for at least informing both the HR and the employee on their salary and benefits.

Workforce Now review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Comprehensive HRIS System"

What do you like best?

Reporting and payroll processing was simple and easy to perform on a biweekly basis. Able to schedule reports to run and then able to retrieve from system by creating custom filters and variables on the dates (current date minus 14 days to pull data changes from the last two weeks)

What do you dislike?

the system lacks the ability to push alerts and reports out on a schedule via email. it would be great to send out birthday and anniversary emails to employees wishing them well on their special days. Additionally, to schedule reports to be automatically emails to recipients on a scheduled basis or alerting individuals/departments (email groups) of changes in the organization such as new hires and terminations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be sure to take the reporting classes to become familiar with the creation of derived and coded fields. It will help tremendously when creating reports for your finance and accounting departments when reporting both payroll and benefit data.

Multi-state jurisdictions, system consolidation. With moving into multiple states, ADP was able to provide the multi-state jurisdictional access needed to insure employees were paid/taxes correctly. Additionally, the ability to have payroll, demographic data, time off requests all in one system provided additional data to report on for departments within the organization. Employee and manager self service are two great tools that allow businesses to enable workflows and make the employee and manager part of the process. It enables HR to play more of a approval role than administrative.

Workforce Now review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Workforce Now makes life easier"

What do you like best?

ADP's Workforce Now product is highly customize-able to meet the needs of clients in many different industries.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see ADP add functionality to allow me to set employee notes and follow-up reminders for pre-configured and ad hoc events and milestones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly customize-able, so take the time to learn all facets of the system so that you can take full advantage of all the functionality available and to use it properly.

ADP saves my employees, managers and HR practitioners loads of time by automating and improving the efficiency of many processes. The area where we have realized the biggest time-savings is with Benefits enrollment/management. By utilizing the tools available in Workforce Now, we have literally cut out hundreds of man-hours from our annual benefit open enrollment process and at least five man-hours for each new hire enrollment.

We have also realized big time-saving and enhanced efficiency by using ADP's recruiting module. It makes the entire hiring process so much more reliable and quicker.

Workforce Now review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"The Best HRM"

What do you like best?

I like that ADP WFN has the ability to handle several parts of your business in a very easy user interface so that even the people that are not as technically sound can use the software.

What do you dislike?

The software still has some features that need to be upgraded to make a more efficient system. Plus some of the features that are not as good require you to buy add-ons to be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research about the software and do not make it about money. Make the research about the software you need and may need in the future to accommodate growth. This is a huge investment, so you need to make sure you have the tools you need to do your job. This system can actually replace having an extra HR professional for a while.

The reporting feature is one of the better things about the system. ADP WFN has allowed our business to get better at keeping track of our workforce and being more efficient with our expenses.

Workforce Now review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"A solid HRIS"

What do you like best?

Prior to implementing WFN, we were working out of spreadsheets and disparate systems, which made tracking employee information difficult and reporting & analytics nearly impossible. WFN has been a big step up. I like having everything in one location, and I also like the level of control employees have over their own information (can use WFN to update deductions, tax withholdings, direct deposit, PTO, etc).

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about WFN is the glitchiness and the lack of responsiveness from the support team. I often encounter what seem like quick fixes, or encounter the same glitch again and again, and do not receive great help from the support team (My Life Advisor). A lot of times I end up escalating the issue to our HRBP to get resolved.

Time savings (probably at least 5 hours of admin time per week have been eliminated by implementing WFN)

Reporting & analytics (WFN makes it easy for me to pull reports on our employees, view different metrics, etc)

Employer brand (we now have a true ATS/online application and Career Center through WFN, which helps us a lot with a more professional look in the recruitment process)

Workforce Now review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Overly complicated"

What do you like best?

I like that it can keep track of my vacation, sick, personal, and short-term disability hours by default.

What do you dislike?

The interface is incredulously painful. After extensive training workshops hosted by my own organization's finance department, even they recommend using the smartphone app over the website since it's so much less intuitive. However, the app itself has its own problems, such as frequent disconnection, failing to register punch-ins and punch-outs, and login issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the interface more intuitive. Pop-out menus make finding any need near impossible to navigate. We've been using it for months and it's still easy to forget where things are.

This was supposed to be a way to track how many hours employees were working as well as a way to show complete distrust in their employee's ability to clock-in or out from an approved location. As our organization has over 100 different sites but a wide range of variability for any given employee to where they will be, it's largely an inconvenience and doesn't even address it's original purpose of displaying employee hours since many of us work 50 to 60 hour weeks without overtime compensation.

Workforce Now review by Anamar S.
Anamar S.

"Quick and efficient"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the very clean cut experience that I get with this software. It is incredibly easy and straightforward to use for all employees. I also appreciate all of the different features that allow you to look at your hours and weekly pay or access employee handbooks and other resources. Its also great that the system has real time so when you clock in it’s accurate. It’s quite simple overall and that is the best part.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the clock in and clock out buttons are instant. On my first day I clocked in at the wrong time because I was exploring the site and didn’t think that it would just clock me in when I clicked the arrow next to the button. I really wish there was a confirmation pop up or some other measure to prevent those accidents!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go for it. It is very easy to use. I would just remind employees to make sure that the webpage time matches your start time and also to be careful as to not accidentally clock in.

ADP provides accuracy, information and simplicity. When it comes to clocking in first thing in the morning, we all want a simple experience! This allows us to do it fast so that we can get to work right away. ADP is also providing employees with full reports of their time entries so that we can also keep track.

Workforce Now review by Anthony P.
Anthony P.

"Great All-In-One Hub!"

What do you like best?

The main thing that I enjoy about ADP Workforce is that it's a great all in one venue. It's the one stop place where I can go into see any news from my company, while also looking at my worker profile and time card. It's really easy to investigate and easy to look for information.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I however do not enjoy is that when logging into workforce the views can be different depending on the browser that you are using. For example I have found the site to not be anywhere as responsive if I use internet explorer, where as if I use google Chrome it is very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great all in one solution that can solve many issues, such as relaying information to works, easy location for performance evaluation and also time tracking for employees.

The main problems would be having a place where employee announcements can be posted in one location and information released to everyone at once, it is also used to performance evaluations which is a great benefit.

Workforce Now review by Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.

"ADP Workforce Now - V13"

What do you like best?

The automatic syncing between HR and Payroll reduces key strokes and errors. We track our applicants as well. Being able to pull up an application and change their status to New Hire, saves me from having to type in the personal information of the new hire (ss#, phone, address, email, etc.)

What do you dislike?

While on V2 eTIME didn't auto-sync, it does with this version. But the problem is the information is not date effective. For example, an employee is terminating on Friday. I can terminate them in Workforce now with the future date. But the portion that syncs with eTIME is immediate. There access is cut from eTIME on that day the term is processed, not their term date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that ADP is a large company and offer many modules. Be sure you know what you want/need. Sometimes there are things that you will find later that you could use. Do not be afraid to ask but keep in mind, it is only mostly customizable (not totally customizable like some sales people would like to tell you).

We use ADP for 98% of our HRIS situations: Recruitment (applicant tracking); HR and Benefits; Payroll and timekeeping (eTIME). These applications interact with each other and save time. If we can make the performance evaluations work the way we would like, we could move to 100%

Workforce Now review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"Useful and simple - nothing to write home about"

What do you like best?

The way that it allowed me to look through different benefit options and plans was very nice. My wife and I could look through and pick different benefit selections to see which ones work best. It is trustworthy and always share information needed about PTO.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the program is pretty boring - it is not difficult to use but I do not think I would say that it is user friendly. Small buttons and boring layout make it a bit tricky to find what you need. The main menu is just a bunch of drop downs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you use this if you want a simple way to take care of your HR, payroll, and other information. You and the rest of your work crew will really like all of the benefits that are available with this simple software.

We use it for our benefits information, HR communications, payroll and other details.

Workforce Now review by Shalindra S.
Shalindra S.

"Comprehensive Payroll, Benefits and HR modules"

What do you like best?

We used ADP for payroll and benefits management and application does the trick. It has all the features needed to support these modules.

I track all my benefits and pay, w2 and other details at one place.

What do you dislike?

ADP can improve on look and usability and provide nicer dashboard options. I as a user does not find a nice dashboard to look into my details in one place in a consolidated manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ADP recently see data breach and they have taken the right action to further secure the application and I hope that continues to enhance the security of an application as needed.

They should also work on analytics space to beat the competition like Workday

We needed a cloud app that can support payroll and benefits and based on US regulation and ADP is very well solving this requirement.

Workforce Now review by Tanisha T.
Tanisha T.

"Easier Time Approval"

What do you like best?

We upgraded, so it's now nice to have only one database to manage and all of my information in one place. The Self-Service portal for our employees has been wonderful. The system is very user friendly and allows employees to have access to their own information. The new payroll system with the updated ADP Workforce Now has streamlined our weekly payroll process. Instead of a 4 hour payroll process each Monday, we can complete our weekly payroll in about an hour. LEARNING BYTES ARE THE BEST FOR TRAINING!!!!!! It is a user friendly system that makes it easy for employees to access, even those who are not computer savvy. For the most part, the reporting function is okay, but could be better.

What do you dislike?

That the reports don't always update when being run on a different day. A calendar of PTO. Reporting can be a challenge if details are needed - if you want more specialized reporting you will have to spend a lot of time creating the report you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the use of this product. Various HR features, not just time and attendance. Makes tracking time easier and less cumbersome.

Payroll ease of use, PTO tracking, general place for all company and benefit info. Use of less paper. In this mobile age, Using the mobile version of ADP Workforce Now makes entering AND approving time easy.

Workforce Now review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"I love being able to keep track of all my hours during the pay period."

What do you like best?

I have used ADP for years now at almost every job I have had. I love how easy it is for me to keep track of the hours that I have worked during a pay period simply by logging into my account. It is very intuitive to navigate and use and I have never had any issues with using it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be somewhat slow loading and that is frustrating especially when I am trying to clock back in after a break and its slow loading speed makes me late. It never seems to have the exact same time as my computer which makes it hard to keep up the time I am due back from my breaks.

I benefit from having my hours worked during a pay period visible to me by simply logging in to my account. I also appreciate the ability to set up a profile with all of my contact information for my employer should they need to reach me in the event of something urgent.

Workforce Now review by Tammy A.
Tammy A.

"ADP Workforce Now Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of access is the best part about this program. You are able to access this website from a mobile device, which makes it even more user-friendly and beneficial for employees. Employees are also able to access important tax documents as soon as they become available. Tracking paid time off and time off balances is also beneficial, as well as the detailed description of time off taken.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional loading delays and the fact that this program is web-based means that it is only accessible when internet access is available. In the event that the internet is down or there is no cellphone reception, it would be impossible to access this website. However, this is a rare occasion and the site is generally available to all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using this service, especially for companies with multiple offices is distant locations. ADP allows users to access information and communicate with various departments without the need to physically be in the same location.

Employees are able to update their personal information in a matter of seconds. They are also able to access their tax documents as soon as they become available. This cuts down on delayed receipt of important documents and/or personal updates. Employees are also able to input time-off electronically, which cuts down on communication problems between the employee and management.

Workforce Now review by Devin J.
Devin J.

"Too big to fail, but too big to care "

What do you like best?

ADP has so much to offer, it does about everything you can think of, from 401K and Benefit elections to I-9 Compliance to Applicant Tracking System to the HRMS that everything should* sync to. This conglomerate of companies is also so big and vast, you most likely will find an extension they offer that could do the job to a certain degree, but as my next point will get to.. there are a few things they do well; and others they vastly miss the mark on.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, this company is HUGE.. and being so massive there is much potential for a seamless design from one application to the next. But the efforts put into making each one talk to each other is lack luster, and the extensions to the HRMS lacks within itself, often being just an attempt rather than a completed product. The ATS for instance we pushed for lacked in so many areas, it should of integrated with the HRMS with ease, and had the basics such as offer letter and communication tools, but these were completely absent, and so have a nonfunctional ATS with a functional (sometimes) HRMS just wouldn't cut it. I'd say the largest complaint I'd have would be the customer support.. which was not timely, you get passed around from department to department, and often the language barrier and call back times were atrocious. I get the bigger you get, it makes more sense to outsource.. but the communication and helpfulness felt from that whole experience has left a bitter taste in my teams mouth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, if your needing something just to function moderately, and don't need alot of depth or metric driven data, ADP may be the right fit for you. But know that the support once implemented is disappointing to say the least, and it looks clean and tech savvy, but once actually seeing it run through application to application is when you will see where each integration lacks. Demo and test the devils out of it before committing.

It has the functionality for all that we need, just not enough to carry it across home base in most cases.. for us we are happy for now utilising 401K, HRMS, I-9, Payroll and the Benefit Election Integration.

Workforce Now review by Shaby F.
Shaby F.

"An employee dashboard with all the most important information!"

What do you like best?

ADP Worforce could not be easier to use. It's so user friendly with very intuitive navigation, making the user experience very very convenient. Not only does it have so many features built in, it's so customizable making it so easy to use for employees and administrators alike.

What do you dislike?

It always seems to be a couple minutes off from national time. I'm sure there is an easy way to fix that, but I haven't been able to find it. This makes it frustrating when trying to clock back in and realizing you have a couple minutes left. And if you're like me, you tend to forget in those couple minutes, making more work for the manager, oops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't even think about it, do it. The ease of use in and of itself makes for an amazing product. When you have employees from all different abilities, you need a product that is easy to use. Just to save yourself the time and hassle of answering multiple questions, makes this product 100% worth it.

Having all employees log into one system makes things A LOT easier for administrators. It's a seamless way to manage hours works, vacation requests, and it helps to answer the constant barrage of questions that can be answered with a few simple clicks. Mostly, it's a great (and private) way to store information that can be easily accessed at any time without having to wait for any one person.

Workforce Now review by Brooke C.
Brooke C.

"Makes tracking paychecks easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to find the information I am looking for, whether or not its past W2 forms, past paychecks or other information related to my personal employee information. I also like that I can get alerts when a direct deposit has posted to my account

What do you dislike?

I don't like that using the ADP interface isn't as intuitive on mobile. I am unsure if there is an ADP app that functions as well as the general website, but it would be a welcome addition to be able to get access to all of that information on my phone through an app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider ADP for your major Payroll needs, it's truly a good platform for distributing information and allowing employees to self service most if not all of their payroll needs. It is especially good for employees who usually request direct deposits, because it allows them to switch DD accounts seamlessly, track time and keep up with pay stubs without having to keep track of extra paper.

I am solving the problem of being able to access my pay statements on an ongoing basis, being able to access past pay statements and past W2 forms, as well as accessing pay stubs on an integrated platform that puts all of that information in a location that makes sense in a layout that is easy to use.

Workforce Now review by Morez K.
Morez K.

"Professionals at payroll and HR management"

What do you like best?

ADP is one of the largest payroll and HR management companies in the United States. They are able to provide you with all the tools needed in their easy to use web based software and mobile application. You will find little errors when it comes to payroll and local taxes as they pride themselves as experts in the industry. They will get it right the first time and may offer referral bonuses and discounts when signing on as a new customer. The software is very easy to use and much faster than some similar companies out there. It is bright, creative, and easy enough to train your employees on their functions as a payroll administrator.

What do you dislike?

ADP are professionals at what they do, however they may not be the best solution for small businesses. ADP lacks a more personal touch and may be more expensive compared to small payroll companies that are capable and providing the same basic services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ADP Workforce is great for needing more than the basic payroll software. If you need HR management, Time Keeping, and other tools, you may want to check out ADP for those more advance needs.

ADP is solving our payroll needs. Having payroll outsourced helps save time and stress among the smaller management team we have. It is very simple to be able to log in, submit payroll, ad wait for your customized reports. It helps eliminate the cost of having a department for payroll solutions.

Workforce Now review by Marla G.
Marla G.

"It's a work in Progress..."

What do you like best?

There are updates often making the platform more user friendly and adding some really nice features. In the Employee pay section you can easily view everything at a glance now. All of the state withholding sections have been updated to reflect ACTUAL state forms. So exactly how the employee completes their state form with us is exactly how you enter it into ADP. It's a nice newer feature.

What do you dislike?

The lay out is a bit much, there is just a lot of information that pops out at you. So it takes a moment to find what you are looking for. I don't like that when we have an address update made, it changes it on every single pay statement in the system. It's hard then to go back and see where a check was sent when dealing with lost paychecks.

The self-service feature is really nice. We like that our employees can go and make changes on their own to certain personal information, they can access W2 or 1099's come tax time, and most importantly a new feature was added where they can make changed to their Federal W4 forms and State forms and it will create a digital certificate/form for them and place it right in their file. Also, we have the added on feature of the 'employee documents' (the cloud) so any type of paperwork we receive from them, it's right in their file for us to access right away. We've had instances where we needed to view a an emergency contact form when we weren't in the office and we were able to log on to ADP workforce now (b/c it's internet based now) and go right to their file and get the information we needed.

Workforce Now review by Kelsey P.
Kelsey P.

"A user-friendly way to track time"

What do you like best?

I love that ADP shows me my hours works in a clear and convenient way, and that I can even access the punch on the app on my phone! It is super user-friendly, and lets me keep track of all of my time worked in one easy location. It's great to see everything as I go, including my time card and and previous paychecks. Love the convenience of being able to see all of this information whenever and where ever!

What do you dislike?

One thing that is somewhat frustrating with ADP is not its actual services or its website, but its app. The app can be relatively slow, and does not punch or load immediately when I click it. Other than the delay, however, I don't have any issues and quite like the product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! ADP Workforce Now is great for employees to clock in and out of work with ease, and allows users to view all of their past, current, and upcoming paystubs. There is so much utility to having this information online and available to users at their immediate disposal. ADP Workforce Now is a great tool for employees to know and keep track of hours.

I am using ADP Workforce Now for recording my time at my current position. I can clock in and out with ADP on the computer or on my phone, and can keep track of all my paystubs in one convenient location. It is highly beneficial to be able to access ADP from multiple locations and even on my phone.

Workforce Now review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Great way to manage payroll!"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce now has been exceptionally helpful with managing our payroll processes. It is easy to use. Especially with having our applications within the same system. This has made onboarding new employees a much quicker experience, and there are plenty of fields that can be used during this process when you may need them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little cumbersome finding not often used functions, but The Bridge definitely helps to locate those specific functions aiding in getting the job completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a solution to incorporating your hiring process directly into your information and payroll system, then ADP Workforce Now may be a great option. If you're looking for a cheaper option this may also be a good choice.

The integration of applicants with payroll has cut down on the time it originally would take us to process new employees. It's been a wonderful time saver!

Workforce Now review by Alexander K.
Alexander K.

"ADP - Workforce Now - Great supervising tool"

What do you like best?

The accessibility to all necessary supervising functions makes workforcenow a great tool for taking care of daily things such as payroll, PTOs, employee notes, etc. Having candid visibility is something that should not be taken for granted - ADP truly delivers on all of our business needs in the promised fields.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a little work but nothing major. All of the correct functions are accessible and relatively intuitive to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you are small to medium size company - the workforce now is something to highly be considered. I am sure they have functionality for large companies as well but I can speak from personal experience that workforcenow (ADP) has been a great tool to have from the start (when we were a small company) to our present day (medium size company).

I personally am using ADP to manage employee's PTOs, checking payroll, and documenting employee notes. It also contains any important documentation I would need to adequately supervise my team.

Workforce Now review by Hope C.
Hope C.

"Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

We've been with ADP for several years, so I like that we have history with them. I like that when I have a question, I can call and get an answer. I like that I can set up a batch and save it, so I don't have to recreate it every time I process payroll. I like how I can access reports online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you call multiple times on the same issue, you get different answers. I did not personally care for the last update because I had to learn new hot keys. Creating a custom report feels counter intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small finance team, ADP Workforce Now is a tool to maximize your work power, especially if you have a large number of employees.

We are a seasonal business. Our workforce swells to over 300 in the summer. Workforce Now helps us manage the ebb and flow of our payroll.

The biggest and best benefit is time savings.

Workforce Now review by Paulla F.
Paulla F.

"Loads of Info, but easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the fact my last paycheck is predominately displayed on the home page. I don't have to search for it. Once I like in - it's there!

What do you dislike?

There are only two buttons on the Dashboard: Dashboard and Pay. So new users (and even those who don't access it often) won't know where information (W2's, etc) are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Once you know how to navigate the site, it's easy to find what you need. I love the fact you can bring up your information on the screen, but hide the details so others can't look at your specific pay, etc.

It allows our HR and Accounting to centralize all payroll, vacation, insurance, and 401K information in one place. And all of our employees (we have several hundred in the field) can access from wherever they are.

Workforce Now review by Emily K.
Emily K.

"Smart and modern interface for pay and benefits"

What do you like best?

I like that ADP has all of my pay and benefit information in one place, with a nice-looking, modern, easy-to-use design. I use it every couple of weeks, whether to look at my pay breakdown, benefits information, or to get to the website of my heath insurance or HSA... It's all there. The layout is very attractive and user-friendly. My pay is hidden, so someone who walks up behind me at work won't see all my financials unless I click the toggle to unhide. And there are helpful charts that show me what percentage of my pay goes to taxes, insurance, etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about ADP.

In the past, if I needed information about my pay, I would go to one source. If I needed info about my medical insurance, I'd go somewhere else. Now it's all in one place.

Workforce Now review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Well-built platform, easy to understand, easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The organization of modules and navigation of items is second to none. From the first time you login, you will not have a problem finding what you need. The menus and order of links is logical and easy to follow for anyone.

Secondly, the animation of objects and breakdown of numbers in various graphics makes it easy to see where your money is going. For example, each week you are easily able to see what percentage of your money has gone to taxes, retirement accounts, in your pocket, etc.

What do you dislike?

Logging into the app from my iPhone has been annoying to say the least. At times it will not accept my fingerprint from my 6S and other times it will require I type in the full password before it can accept the fingerprint. I understand this may potentially be my iPhone causing this, but I never seem to have this much trouble unlocking my iPhone from the start.

With ADP Workforce Now, it puts all the information an employee needs to know in one central place that can be accessed any time of the day. I can access information regarding my 401k, direct deposits, tax withholdings, pay statements, and more from a single online dashboard.

Workforce Now review by keisha a.
keisha a.

"ADP is very easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

I like best how simple it is to navigate through ADP. It is very simple to enter my time as well as look up benefits offered. This program is very user friendly in my opinion. ADP is a simple solution to time management.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I forget my password it can sometimes be a hassle to retrieve. Other than that I do not dislike much about using ADP. Maybe if that was simpler if it could offer a reminder to help you remember that would help.

ADP offers the ability to solve attendance problems. I have realized that it is easier to navigate versus other programs I have used in the past.

Workforce Now review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"ADP Workforce now simplifies our lives"

What do you like best?

The ease of using ADP workforce now makes is an invaluable tool.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike on this product currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a game changer in the payroll and time management system. It is a all in one easy portal that is easy for staff and management to use.

We are able to record time and attendance, as well as time off banks, time off requests, all benefit paperwork, as well as making it much easier for the staff to access their information leaving us to not need to intervene if they need a pay stub or tax statement. Employees are also able to complete all of their benefit enrollment paperwork through the ADP portal electronically, reducing paper waste and enabling them to submit at their time. We also feature the yearly employee holiday calendar which is helpful for the staff to plan their time off.

Workforce Now review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"Better options available"

What do you like best?

ADP has a lot of different add-on's that you can purchase, like COBRA processing (outsourced to WageWorks), Comprehensive Benefits and HR Solutions, Payroll, Background checks, etc.

What do you dislike?

Getting data out of the system is troublesome. In some cases, like creating custom fields and entering data, you have to wait for 24 hours before the field is updated in the reporting repository.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really focus on their customer support to make sure you're going to be able to get the right level of support you need.

We switched to ADP HR and Benefits in 2014 after using them for Payroll for a much longer period of time. Shortly after we switched to ADP, we change our Recruitment platform due to functionality issues with ADP and also Performance Management.

Workforce Now review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"ADP Workforce - The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between"

What do you like best?

I've always thought ADP was very easy to use. It can be tailored to what you need and keeps track of the all information you need on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

1. Trying to get a hold of Customer Service. NO ONE wants to have to call because you will be on the phone for a ridiculously long period of time. We always argue who will call.

2. It used to be easier to run reports...Now you have to call each time to have them walk you through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely will have everything you need for the basics but will cost money to add other items...more like a wish list if you could have anything you wanted :)

Originally we used the system to as a way to hire people. The system would screen and you could set up what you were looking for. It turned out in the end that it wasn't that great and not worth the expense.

On the other hand, there are many other things ADP, but most are ala carte and it's too expensive for us. If you have the money, the sky is the limit!

Workforce Now review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Everything is setup so that its easy to find and navigate throughout the ADP website. When I have to call into ADP support team for help, they are always friendly and can always solve whatever issue I might be having. Time & Attendance is my favorite feature of ADP because its easy to manage my employees and their PTO days.

What do you dislike?

It''s probably something that I'm doing (or not doing) but sometimes I feel that some of the reports aren't doing exactly what I need them to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ADP to anyone. Implementation was made a breeze by our team and our implementation specialists really did all the work.

Before my company switched to ADP, preparing for and running payroll took me almost all day. But now with ADP, its fast and user friendly. ADP has features that help me double check to make sure that everything is right with the payrun before submitting it.

Workforce Now review by Erin Z.
Erin Z.

"ADP Workforce Now"

What do you like best?

Pros:

Easy to use interface

Lots of features in one location

Quick onboarding

ACA tracking/Benefits tracking

Quick turn around on payroll

Accessible support staff

Great Implementation Team

What do you dislike?

Cons:

Some features are overly complicated (performance dashboard)

Uploading spreadsheets can be an issue, even when all headers are correct

Transferring employees between company codes isn't allowed, very time consuming to transfer an employee to another location

No 24 hour support

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend ADP to anyone running multiple companies, also even if you're not, ADP RUN is also a great tool that I use for our smaller businesses. ADP allows you to house all employee files, complete performance reviews to go into files, administer pay, upload company documents, and do a lot of your typical HR filing in one location and in the cloud, so it's possible to take your business paperless---which is such a wonderful feature. Although I wish support had better hours, the support is great and the account managers are super helpful. There are lots of features to learn and improve how you use and understand ADP---it's a great application with few flaws.

ADP has helped us go paperless, house our HR related documents for easy access by our team and allows us to keep everything together in one location. Payroll is simple and mistakes can be corrected with ease. ADP pays and reports taxes so we don't have to consistently monitor whether or not thats being paid on time. EEO and other reporting is just a click away, lots of great accountability features.

Workforce Now review by Erik V.
Erik V.

"One-Stop HR and Benefits Management Shop!"

What do you like best?

The ADP Workforce now is an easy-to-use HR and benefits management platform. As an employee, the platforms makes it easy for me to view and manage all of my employee benefits and documents. I can download past pay stubs or view my insurance coverage all in one place.

What do you dislike?

As an employee who occasionally uses the ADP Workforce Now platform to view and review my benefits and pay stubs, there are no areas that I find could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a user-perspective, ADP is simple to use. I'm not sure how it is from an Admin role, but the platform is very user-friendly. It makes it super simple to access any of my personal HR and benefits information anytime.

ADP makes it easy for both HR and employees to manage pay, benefits and insurance all in one platform. It diminishes the need of employees having to request info from HR. Benefits and personal employee information can be accessed anywhere, anytime.

Workforce Now review by Olivia L.
Olivia L.

"Easy-to-use User Interface"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to navigate ADP and the menu page is clear. I also like how a chart shows gross pay to withholding/taxes (on a pie chart). All pay statements are located on one page, it's very clear.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything I dislike, it's just a matter of going through the site to see what it has to offer. At first, figuring out the location of different features is tricky because there's so much, but again, taking some time to go through will resolve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using ADP Workforce Now because it's easy to use from both the employee's side and employer's side. The user interface is very convenient and it's a great program to use.

ADP Workforce Now helps employees see their pay statements and payroll-related information easily. The program is solving the issue of transparency--in the sense that employees can access and view their pay information at their own convenience.

Workforce Now review by Shreyans P.
Shreyans P.

"ADP Workforce Now is a strong and fairly intuitive product to learn!"

What do you like best?

The ADP Workforce Now homepage is highly customizable and provides a great way for the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system to all flow well together. The overall system is very easy to use and to find the information that I need, and it offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards and customization tools free of charge. The Client Service and Reporting modules are fantastic and the software package delivers amazing features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the main frequent upgrades to ADP Workforce Now. I have also experienced reports losing formatting during software upgrades, and need to spend a lot of time learning how to repair them. There has also been periods of downtime this year, where the system was full of errors after an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ADP Workforce is a great comprehensive product as reporting and payroll processing is very streamlined. I would encourage ADP Workforce Now as it saves my employees, managers and HR practitioners a lot of time by automating and improving the efficiency of many processes.

The key business problems that we are tackling with ADP Workforce Now include our issues around accounting services and communication. The ability to also have payroll, employee demographic data and time off requests all in one system is absolutely critical within our organization.

Workforce Now review by Wade W.
Wade W.

"Not really sure how they are the market leader in this space"

What do you like best?

The tool seems to be mostly fit for use, but there is little to enjoy about using it. At least I can see the org chart.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start?

- No ability to limit access to sensitive data via the API. Access is all or nothing.

- Interface for yearly reviews is difficult to use, frequently breaks, and throws useless errors.

- support and assistance from ADP has been very difficult to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find Someone else

We needed a central HR system, list of employees with accessible API to check an employee's clocked in status for internal processes. We were sold a package built around Workforce Now to solve these problems, with varying degrees of success

Workforce Now review by Rajiv B.
Rajiv B.

"ADP has made it very easy to fill up the schedule of my work efficiently."

What do you like best?

ADP's automated system to get my paycheck in time and also keep track of the tax amounts. Also, the instructions are clear and concise.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about ADP till now. However, sometimes ADP tends to be little slow .

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a convenient web app for any kind of organization. This replaces the traditional paper works that an employee has to fill and a supervisor has to approve.

Run my payroll online, fill and approve my time schedule.

ADP has made it very easy to keep track of my paychecks, direct deposits, and my taxes. Moreover, ADP Discounts and Employee benefits have made me able to save a lot.

Workforce Now review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Large payroll company lacking in customer service"

What do you like best?

ADP's interface can be easy to navigate at times. They handle all of the tax payments, etc. for our many employees on the payroll.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service is not good at all. Any time we have to call in, it takes a very long time to speak with someone and most of the time we get transferred to someone else. They charge you for every little extra thing you may need or want, even if they are just pulling information about an employee they purged they will still try and charge for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just beware of their lacking customer service. They also like to change up their web design all of the time, even though it means nothing and they are not actually improving their quality of service.

They take care of our payroll needs for now.

Workforce Now review by Michael P. L.
Michael P. L.

"Great tool with instant access to HR needs"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this web-based platform is the ease of access to all the most important aspects of employment. From HR doc central storage, to viewing time off balances and scheduling time off, this is a one stop shop for company-employee interaction. I like the ability to see work calendar that lists your pay dates as well. I can easily check balances for vacation and sick time. Mobile app is a must and gives me all the same features in a convenient platform.

What do you dislike?

The interface and design is a little dated and feels like one of those websites for insurance which are never that beautifully designed. The access and features are there so I'm not too concerned with the looks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For employee management and HR resources, this platform is an ideal solution that is feature rich. I have heard from others that they have enjoyed ADP more than others due to ease of use and mobile app. I tend to agree with that assessment.

ADP Workforce Now gives our company a way for all our employees to check their pay and find important employee documents such as training manuals and post calendar events. Have a central repository of HR resources for everyone was important and this performs that task well. No longer do we have to field questions about sick hour balances or requesting time off since it is an automated and employee focused task using this platform.

Workforce Now review by Prasanth K.
Prasanth K.

"HRM that best meets the needs"

What do you like best?

1. Usability and optimization - ADP Workforce Now can be accessed on smartphones and tablets

2. Analytics and cloud-based storage - The software displays analytics in real-time and you can create customized spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and reports

3. Support and resources - The whole software package includes a demo, online support, and video tutorials.

4. Time and attendance - The software allows you to improve productivity with automated time tracking, reporting features, and employee self-service that is accessible on mobile devices.

5. Benefits management - You can streamline the process of managing benefit plans. Plus, you can get ACA compliance support and enhanced enrollment capabilities.

What do you dislike?

1 Still, some client-facing things to be smoothed out.

2. Performance Management is cumbersome to set up. I find the message center clumsy.

3. Ease and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.

4. During the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Support. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee

HR system that can streamline and support the many functions I deal with on a daily basis. Workforce Now (WFN) does that and so much more. WFN comes with dozens of preloaded reports that allows me to run employee rosters, payroll reports, attendance reports, cost of labor by hours and earnings. It tracks tax information and General Leader Reports for our accounting department.

Workforce Now review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"Updates are making it easier to navigate pages"

What do you like best?

The recent updates to the new version has been much better than previous versions. My favorite part is that the Pay tab for employees shows all the information on one screen. Previously you had to select multiple tabs to get information - it was very tedious. It is now easy to retrieve pay information related to an applicant.

What do you dislike?

The recruiting module with ADP definitely lacks support on the technical side as well as customization. We have had many instances where applicants are not able to apply online and when I have called in to get this checked out - they only offer the solution of telling them to try a different web browser. If you are asking people to use a different web browser then there is something wrong with how ADP is being hosted and need to update their software. There is no customization to the application. We are leaving the ATS system and getting Jobvite for this purpose.

On top of that every time you call in to the service center for any help you feel uncertain if you have gotten the right answer. There has been times when I have called in for the same issue to only get different answers - this leaves you uneasy and question if the help you are getting is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely do your research into other companies. ADP is the largest company but there are new companies out there who are catching up with better software and ease.

We are solving our payroll function with ADP. It helps us pay our employees through the payroll platform as well as Benefits Administration.

Workforce Now review by Alyssa G.
Alyssa G.

"ADP Review"

What do you like best?

ADP is fairly easy to navigate (from the capacity I use it for), and allows for me to quickly approve time cards for some of our employees - I particularly like the "Timecard Exceptions" area.

What do you dislike?

Some of our staff repeatedly get "kicked out" of the system - I realize some of this is user error, but it happens with more frequency than when we used a different payroll program. Also, I find the load time to be fairly slow with ADP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you have an employee dedicated to learning all the ins and outs of the program, and willing to call support when necessary, it will make a large difference for all employee use.

We are running all of our payroll with ADP, as well as our employee benefits. For the way we track & attribute employee hours, it can be semi-cumbersome to load the trips our staff attribute their hours, but it does allow for us to accurately look at expenses related to specific trips.

Workforce Now review by Lenell M.
Lenell M.

"My take on ADP"

What do you like best?

The entire hub is so user friendly and efficient, I love the interface and all that ADP has to offer employees. Everything is so easily accessible, I can change my tax info whenever I want, I can check all my benefits and change my beneficiaries whenever I like, I find it easier to budget when I know how much of my taxes are gonna be taken out of my check and the ration of taxes to pay. My manager can give me performance reviews and easily change payment discrepancies.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, I have no current issues with it. I think that's why it's so widely used. It's so much ease of access, if I had to really pick at one thing I would say I had a bit of difficulty with inputting my state taxes. It was a bit more difficult than my federal. Also I think ADP needs its own tax calculator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every employer should use ADP, it's best for the entire workforce. All employees should have easy access to their employment info, previously only seen by HR.

There are so many benefits within the interface. I think it solves the issue of employees not being able to budget because it takes the guesswork out of paychecks and taxes. Also helps to keep up with vacation time and sick time accruals. I use to also track my benefits, change tax information and manage my schedule.

Workforce Now review by Kristin D.
Kristin D.

"Easy to Follow"

What do you like best?

Self-service aspect. The ability to be able to do many of the tasks that use to require contact with ADP when using previous platforms is great: Stopping direct deposits, setting up PA and Ohio taxes, adding earnings or deduction codes, etc. I also like that they regularly review the system and make updates as needed to improve functionality. One database has been great, we no longer have to touch 3 separate databases.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally have to refresh the system because it glitches and pages don't always load properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get all the information you can from the previous vendor or pay for the transfer of historic information. We did not and this has been the biggest challenge for our company.

We have been able to automate several processes since moving to ADP. We also can now offer employee discounts, Aline cards and, Work Number Services for our employees. These have been great benefits to our employees. We spend less time on data entry since this is one database. Our efficiency and accuracy has greatly improved.

Workforce Now review by Amy O.
Amy O.

"Peace of Mind"

What do you like best?

ADP has streamlined our processes with payroll and timekeeping. Employee self service and time off process has eliminated a lot of wasted paper and time. Customer service is excellent and they are always helpful, even when I know I have a dumb question. ADP takes the guesswork out and is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is my only dislike. My role is not dedicated to Payroll and HR and I have not taken enough time for training. I would like more canned reports, and although the custom report feature is there, each year for benefits open enrollment is a nightmare to me when I need to pull a census.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is never fun, but ADP transition was very smooth. They are constantly upgrading and adding more features and improving their product. I love that they listen to the users and their customer service is fast and convenient. I've rarely had to wait to speak with someone and get my issue resolved.

Timekeeping, time off request (vacation, sick, etc), and peace of mind that my payroll will be accurate and any mistakes that I make can be easily fixed and adjusted.

Workforce Now review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"ADP WFN Review"

What do you like best?

I love ADP and all the features it offers my employees for clocking in and doing everything online. WFN has sped up my payroll processing time tremendously. It use to take me half a day to get payroll entered and ran. Now on a good day with minimal corrections I can get it finished in just over an hour. WFN also allows my employees to fix their punches. Which also saves me time. If they miss a punch they are responsible for putting their own punch in. They can also better track their PTO in there as well. This helps them to know if they have over requested or need to take more time off so they don't lose any PTO>

What do you dislike?

WFN can be a bit cumbersome to finding your way around and setting people us. I also have terminated employees that their name still shows in my Time and Attendance mod and also in my payroll. The new hire templates can be just a little confusing at times too. I recently discovered that I had to set up my own template to get all info in that needed to be entered. Took me an hour to figure that out. I do think that ADP has not communicated some changes and things that apply to companies as well as it use to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WFN gives you everything in one place. It use to be 2 diff systems. Much better now that it is all in one.

NA

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now Videos

Learning about ADP Workforce Now?

* We monitor all ADP Workforce Now reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.