Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?
ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now

(1,978 reviews)

From basic payroll and helping with Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, to managing employees across borders, ADP Workforce Now is a simple, powerful solution that helps companies with 50 or more employees improve their business performance.

Work for ADP Workforce Now?

Learning about Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Ask Workforce Now a Question
Workforce Now review by Erin Z.
Erin Z.

"ADP Workforce Now"

What do you like best?

Pros:

Easy to use interface

Lots of features in one location

Quick onboarding

ACA tracking/Benefits tracking

Quick turn around on payroll

Accessible support staff

Great Implementation Team

What do you dislike?

Cons:

Some features are overly complicated (performance dashboard)

Uploading spreadsheets can be an issue, even when all headers are correct

Transferring employees between company codes isn't allowed, very time consuming to transfer an employee to another location

No 24 hour support

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend ADP to anyone running multiple companies, also even if you're not, ADP RUN is also a great tool that I use for our smaller businesses. ADP allows you to house all employee files, complete performance reviews to go into files, administer pay, upload company documents, and do a lot of your typical HR filing in one location and in the cloud, so it's possible to take your business paperless---which is such a wonderful feature. Although I wish support had better hours, the support is great and the account managers are super helpful. There are lots of features to learn and improve how you use and understand ADP---it's a great application with few flaws.

ADP has helped us go paperless, house our HR related documents for easy access by our team and allows us to keep everything together in one location. Payroll is simple and mistakes can be corrected with ease. ADP pays and reports taxes so we don't have to consistently monitor whether or not thats being paid on time. EEO and other reporting is just a click away, lots of great accountability features.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ADP Workforce Now
Showing 2,030 Workforce Now reviews
Workforce Now review by Regina R.
Regina R.

"ADP Workforce Now - USER"

What do you like best?

What I like about most is the ability to update my info so quickly, and the ability to look at my information so quickly. I am not able to get my pay info anytime I want to, where as previously, I had to request this information from our managers . This year, we implemented the benefits self service as well. It was a great experience and the step by step process made it easy to chose the options that I wanted. I love the ease and availability of use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about it is when I go into log on to the program sometimes it times out and takes a long time to connect. I am unsure if this is a network issue on my end or if the program has been inundated with users, but that would be the main dislike for me as a user.

Overall, I have not had the opportunity to see much that I dislike. Everything that I am offered through work has been easy to use with ADP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program for all businesses looking to help your employees get their information accurately and efficiently.

We have gone from having to enter employee information by hand to now allowing our employees to enter into the system to manage their own needs and info. For so long we had to request any and all information to the managers, and this could take closer to 1 week due to schedules and availability.

Workforce Now review by Celeste B.
Celeste B.

"Recommending ADP Workforce Now"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce Now is user-friendly, making my daily time charging a fast and easy task. I can also easily find past timesheets when needed and can look up past paychecks and check my accrued personal time off. ADP Workforce Now makes it easy to manage my team's daily timesheets. ADP Workforce Now is always available using the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as easy to use as it is on a computer. It's harder to navigate and find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend ADP Workforce Now if you need a high quality software for keeping track of your time and attendance as well as your payroll and other HR needs.

Our business is government contracted, so it is mandatory for all employees to precisely manage our daily and hourly time charging. Being able to locate the correct charge codes is a must and ADP Workforce Now enables me to do that without issues. When I am away from the office, I can easily revise or approve my timesheet using the mobile app when necessary.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Workforce Now review by Jamie H.
Jamie H.

"ADP is awesome"

What do you like best?

So i have many reasons why i like ADP Workforce now. The top reasons are; I can review my time card as well as review past pay rolls as well and request time off all on one website. Having access and ability to link my bank account for direct deposit is pretty awesome too.

What do you dislike?

To be honest when it comes to ADP Workforce i have zero complaints. I think i have only had one instance where i forgot my password and had issues with retrieving it. But it was manageable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a easy to use system. I also recommend looking at everything you can. The more you know about the system the more simple it becomes to use.

I have no business problems with ADP. And about a year into using it i realized that there was an area in which i had access to benefits and deals with car rentals and hotel deals. Its a pretty neat feature that i am still yet to try out.

Workforce Now review by Tristann G.
Tristann G.

"First Class Service for US Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

ADP's customer service is top notch. They are always available to handle any problems that arise, from special requests to day to day occurrences.

ADP is the best for US payroll processing. It has all of the tools you need for a Single Source Solution that is fully integrated. ADP keeps you informed of changing tax laws. They send updates and implement changes that effect payroll and human resources. They provide continuous training and regular updates so your payroll processing stays efficient and accurate. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their products and services.

What do you dislike?

I would like to seem them expand into the global arena and offer a single product that allows processing of international and US payrolls combined for better efficiency and reporting.

ADP helps me stay compliant with employees that work across multiple jurisdictions.

Their reporting is first class, from standard reports to customize reports. They provide all the details and analytics I need for our company.

Workforce Now review by Johanna M.
Johanna M.

"ADP Review "

What do you like best?

ADP is very simple to use. You can attach Ids from it so you don't have to keep any paper copies in your office. For me it helps me verify employee legal work status usually immediately. My company has more than 500 employees in California and everyone uses it daily. Nothing hard about it at all. I just love the simplicity anyone that knows how to use a computer can definitely use it.

What do you dislike?

You have to enter a lot of information regarding employees information. Updates a few times a year so it has little changes that you need to get used to. It's easy to learn to use it but when creating a mistake it gets a little confusing as to how to correct it. Other than that everything else is pretty neat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. Very simple to use.

I am able to use it to verify employees legal work status. Also able to attach identifications so we don't keep any in the office.

Workforce Now review by Monica C.
Monica C.

"Account Manager "

What do you like best?

Having a helpful reporting support team, just one phone call away and they are able to assist you or help customize a report within minutes and help guide you to create or work with derived fields going forward.

I like when you finally come across a representive that is able to help you without being transferred to anyone else. A very helpful person that I come across now and then is Paula Young, she is very knowledgeable and im very grateful for her long term knowledge.

Not to mention able to login in from home to complete a task if needed too.

I also love having dashboards, makes thing easy without having to run any reports, dashboards come very handy when needing quick answers easy to the eyes and makes it non complicated for our managers to understand.

Overall it takes time to understand the system but with time you will be able to navigate on your own.

What do you dislike?

Being on hold for a long period of time, unable to reach our account manager. We chooce to be transfered to the back up team only to be forward back to the account manager or the back up team taking a message and we dont get a response back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the proper trainning plenty of classes available.

Comapny accruals - terminate employees vacation bucket to zero out and mack vacation and sick time on real time web base to be able to fix.

Workforce Now review by Alessandra C.
Alessandra C.

"ADP Workforce Now is OK"

What do you like best?

I like that I can call a customer service representative for ADP Workforce Now and get assistance with completing an unfamiliar process in the system.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I have to wait until I begin a pay cycle to make many changes to employment profiles. In other HRIS systems, I am able to key changes or updates ahead of time with an effective date. I do not like that local tax information is affiliated with the position someone holds, which means that if you need to update their local tax information you must also change their position. I also feel that some consultants are not as attentive to their clients. I have had to chase some around for weeks at a time in order to get a response on something, which can hold up implementation schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a system that has many parts that are all interconnected and work together seamlessly, then I would not consider ADP Workforce Now. There are better systems that can service you if this is a priority for you and your organization.

We recently rolled out the Time Off module which has helped resolve time off tracking issues previously experienced using an Excel worksheet.

Workforce Now review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"ADP Workforce Now "

What do you like best?

My favorite part about ADP workforce now is that all our employees can be in different time zones and can clock in and out of work from either their phone app or on a computer. I also like that the employees can make notes in the time and attendance section as to why they were late to work or left early.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that for some employees I have to go in the time and attendance section and override their automatic 30-minute lunch deduction to their time every day if the employee doesn't take a lunch. This is tedious and annoying at times to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient when calling customer service because you could be waiting on hold for more than 30 minutes.

This system works for our compnay because our headquarters is located in chicago, IL and our employees all work in different states so this is the most efficiant way to keep track of their hours and also pay them.

Workforce Now review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Buggy, especially with mobile credentials"

What do you like best?

I think it's pretty comprehensive, decently intuitive in terms of UI, under a trusted name.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the UI/UX needs an update with regards to aesthetics, and general user flow. It's hard to tell how much of the design came straight from ADP and what was required by the client (my employers) but it features a MYSELF menu that just doesn't make a lot of sense for a site focused around people looking up their personal work info to begin with. Lots of redundancies make it confusing and stressful. Most importantly though, is the fact that many of us could not get the mobile app to work for weeks because the login credentials were being rejected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of the user first

Payroll, benefits, timeoff. It's good to have a centralized place to request time off and look up quick info, but this site and the app have disappointed in times in urgent need and in general usability.

Workforce Now review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"User-friendly Software that should be used by all companies."

What do you like best?

ADP has made looking up my paycheck a whole lot easier. The software is very intuitive and anytime I need to check on the status of something, I can do it in no time at all. My favorite thing by far is the ease of use of their app. Anytime I need a quick update on something to do with my payroll, I can just pull out my phone versus having to get on a computer to do the same thing.

What do you dislike?

One thing I do dislike is the need to open a new window anytime you click on a tab. Anytime I am on my computer and login to ADP, I am required to have multiple tabs open because every time I click on a different tab, a new window pops up. I wish there was a way to stay on the current page without having to change windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your HR department to increase their efficiency and productiveness, please switch to this program; you will not regret it in the future.

Having employees understand how payroll works can be a daunting task. Having the simplicity of ADP to do a lot of the behind the scenes work makes my job a whole lot easier. By far the biggest benefit I have seen is that ADP provides answers to a lot of the most commonly asked questions by employees. They don't need to ask HR. Most of the answers can be found on the site.

Workforce Now review by Benito C.
Benito C.

"Overall it's a great system "

What do you like best?

This system is robust in what it does, it is for larger and more midsize businesses. I think the best part about it is the reporting capabilities & the ability to practically report on any field that you would like to report on. ADP is a good storehouse for employee data and much can be stored in it. Also, the employee self service for viewing checks is clean & straight forward for the employees. Open enrollment is fairly easy to deploy through the self service option. Overall, this is a great option for companies. I also love the fact that I can talk to anyone to assist me in whatever I may need.

What do you dislike?

There are several improvements that can be made to ADP WFN:

- The site is glitchy at times. I also hate the fact that it will tell you that you are logged in elsewhere when all other windows are closed out. This is so frustrating!

- Customer service can be frustrating at times because you have to kind of guage whether or not they know what they are talking about. I usually have to throw them a test question befoe I get into the real question to ensure that know that they are knowledgable in the area. I shouldn't have to do this!

-So many employee have trouble navigating or logging into their accounts.

Wish List

- I wish I could log in as other employee so I can elivate the troubleshooting as an Admin.

- I wish every ADP employee were on the same page in terms of their responses

Storing and reporting on our employee data. We use ADP as our source of truth.

Workforce Now review by Ahmed  T.
Ahmed T.

"Submitting work hours & PTO - Easy"

What do you like best?

From the layout I've found using ADP, all of my employers that utilize ADP are all synced into the system. This keeps everything in such a convenient folder for me especially when its time to submit my taxes! I love how the home page shows me what my total hours should be and any holidays coming up. Planning ahead made easy!

What do you dislike?

If there could be an option to "hide" certain features so I am not overwhelmed with all the great features ADPhas to offer. Although there may be many, I can sometimes feel like i would have to really search for what I'm looking for. Maybe a favorites tab?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to ask your payroll manager of shortcuts and tricks to navigate to your most used areas.

Submitting my worked hours, submitting PTO, calculating my salary, setting up direct deposit, and any A/P roles.

Workforce Now review by Anthony J. R.
Anthony J. R.

"Anthony's take on ADP ! "

What do you like best?

ADP's customer service is 2nd to none, they are smart, fun and always available to handle any and all of your day to day challenges. . I've used just about every payroll application out there, weather it's in house or out sourced, in my opinion, ADP is the best in brand, has all of the tools needed to be able to provide you with a Single Source Solution that is fully integrated. ADP's Online Employee Self Service, W-2s, Pay,checks, ACH, Debit Cards are always available, 24/7. Unemployment Compensation Mgt, New Hire Reporting, WGPS ( Wage Garnishee's ) , G/L, I-9 and SS Verification, Employee Verification & Background Checks, Split Wrap,Tax Service are all working great and always accurate and on time. I've been partnering with ADP for over 35 years and consider them to be a great asset and a major contributor to my success in the Payroll World.

What do you dislike?

I have very little to say here as their products, solutions and customer service always meet or exceed my expectations. My ask is that they keep up with the competition, and get faster with their technology enhancements. Business moves at such a rapid rate, it feels like ADP sometimes is playing catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework, speak to actual users of the ADP products and make sure they meet all of your requirements. I've sat through many sales presentations from other vendors, and for the most part, they fabricate or use disclaimers in order to persuade your decision making process. Get the most for your money, ROI as soon as you can, with the support to actually build and use your system, that has excellent customer service, not an outside contractor or a web page to send your questions and requests.

To date, here are a few of our current projects: 1)the new bi weekly match for our 401K plan and ADP was able to easily handle the custom report request, to meet all the requirements, as well as our compliance issues. 2) Our company is thankfully growing and ADP is able to scale with us and add on additional companies with easy conversion plans. We now have 6 company codes, in about 40 locations in US, Puerto Rico and Canada. 3) Our business is also in the process of switching 401K administrators, and ADP is able to easily prepare files in and out bound for them.

Workforce Now review by Scott G.
Scott G.

"ADP User Experience"

What do you like best?

The features that really serve our organization the best solely rely on application features and accounting. ADP gives our recruitment team a place to post for open positions and send automated responses that close out applicants, screen them by phone, or invite them for an in-person interview, streamlining our HR team. Additional the accounting elements allow for staff to track their hours, clock in and out, and follow their pay stubs all in one.

What do you dislike?

The core issue we have with ADP revolves around its reporting features. Reports can be made, but there are so many available fields that it's not a clear process for what data you're exporting. As well, it's not possible, from our standpoint, to import into ADP, meaning catching up on data entry so that we can use the reports in a more dynamic way has been next to impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's important to understand the reporting features.

The key business issues that we're solving revolve around accounting services and communication with our team. No need for discussion of sensitive memos, time off requests, or tuition reimbursements --- all our forms are in one easy place.

Workforce Now review by Erick R.
Erick R.

"ADP, A reliable automation that you and your employer will love."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can change your tax information and plenty of other information about your salary/income from a company or multiple companies that you work for. It even tells you the amount of taxes taken off and everything.

What do you dislike?

I can't really change my username but that's not really too big of an issue. It's also a little difficult to navigate due to small font sizes and the program trying to fit everything together on one screen. Basically, it's not all that intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try to get your company to use ADP. It helps with the HR headaches of payroll and explaining to people their benefits and what not. Every employee is responsible for seeing their payment and benefit information on their ADP account and it simplifies a lot of things.

Basically, it saves a lot of the hassle of actually inputting all direct deposits individually and it allows the employee themselves to set up the direct deposit. It's a big time saver for HR and payroll workers. It also allows for those employees to check their tax forms and their income, their pay stubs, their benefits, their work hours, vacation time, sick leave, etc... It is an all in one information hub for basic income and company benefit questions you may have. I'm not too keen on the HR aspect since I'm only reviewing it as an employee using the ADP system and not an HR manager setting it up but from what I see it's a very good product for at least informing both the HR and the employee on their salary and benefits.

Workforce Now review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Comprehensive HRIS System"

What do you like best?

Reporting and payroll processing was simple and easy to perform on a biweekly basis. Able to schedule reports to run and then able to retrieve from system by creating custom filters and variables on the dates (current date minus 14 days to pull data changes from the last two weeks)

What do you dislike?

the system lacks the ability to push alerts and reports out on a schedule via email. it would be great to send out birthday and anniversary emails to employees wishing them well on their special days. Additionally, to schedule reports to be automatically emails to recipients on a scheduled basis or alerting individuals/departments (email groups) of changes in the organization such as new hires and terminations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be sure to take the reporting classes to become familiar with the creation of derived and coded fields. It will help tremendously when creating reports for your finance and accounting departments when reporting both payroll and benefit data.

Multi-state jurisdictions, system consolidation. With moving into multiple states, ADP was able to provide the multi-state jurisdictional access needed to insure employees were paid/taxes correctly. Additionally, the ability to have payroll, demographic data, time off requests all in one system provided additional data to report on for departments within the organization. Employee and manager self service are two great tools that allow businesses to enable workflows and make the employee and manager part of the process. It enables HR to play more of a approval role than administrative.

Workforce Now review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Workforce Now makes life easier"

What do you like best?

ADP's Workforce Now product is highly customize-able to meet the needs of clients in many different industries.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see ADP add functionality to allow me to set employee notes and follow-up reminders for pre-configured and ad hoc events and milestones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly customize-able, so take the time to learn all facets of the system so that you can take full advantage of all the functionality available and to use it properly.

Workforce Now review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"The Best HRM"

What do you like best?

I like that ADP WFN has the ability to handle several parts of your business in a very easy user interface so that even the people that are not as technically sound can use the software.

What do you dislike?

The software still has some features that need to be upgraded to make a more efficient system. Plus some of the features that are not as good require you to buy add-ons to be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research about the software and do not make it about money. Make the research about the software you need and may need in the future to accommodate growth. This is a huge investment, so you need to make sure you have the tools you need to do your job. This system can actually replace having an extra HR professional for a while.

The reporting feature is one of the better things about the system. ADP WFN has allowed our business to get better at keeping track of our workforce and being more efficient with our expenses.

Workforce Now review by Samantha N.
Samantha N.

"A little clunky"

What do you like best?

I like some of the graphics ADP provides, including pie charts that show how much of my check went to me, how much to taxes, and how much to my 401k.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use some updating. It feels very old and out of date to me. I also don't like that since we switched systems in the middle of the year, it calculates my annual earnings based off the July date when we switched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the interface is not state of the art, and that the information provided is not very well organized. It is pretty simple to use, but it definitely isn't anything special in my opinion. It gets the job done and I guess maybe that's all you can ask for in a payroll system

Tracking earning, payroll, taxes.

Workforce Now review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"A solid HRIS"

What do you like best?

Prior to implementing WFN, we were working out of spreadsheets and disparate systems, which made tracking employee information difficult and reporting & analytics nearly impossible. WFN has been a big step up. I like having everything in one location, and I also like the level of control employees have over their own information (can use WFN to update deductions, tax withholdings, direct deposit, PTO, etc).

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about WFN is the glitchiness and the lack of responsiveness from the support team. I often encounter what seem like quick fixes, or encounter the same glitch again and again, and do not receive great help from the support team (My Life Advisor). A lot of times I end up escalating the issue to our HRBP to get resolved.

Time savings (probably at least 5 hours of admin time per week have been eliminated by implementing WFN)

Reporting & analytics (WFN makes it easy for me to pull reports on our employees, view different metrics, etc)

Employer brand (we now have a true ATS/online application and Career Center through WFN, which helps us a lot with a more professional look in the recruitment process)

Workforce Now review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Overly complicated"

What do you like best?

I like that it can keep track of my vacation, sick, personal, and short-term disability hours by default.

What do you dislike?

The interface is incredulously painful. After extensive training workshops hosted by my own organization's finance department, even they recommend using the smartphone app over the website since it's so much less intuitive. However, the app itself has its own problems, such as frequent disconnection, failing to register punch-ins and punch-outs, and login issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the interface more intuitive. Pop-out menus make finding any need near impossible to navigate. We've been using it for months and it's still easy to forget where things are.

This was supposed to be a way to track how many hours employees were working as well as a way to show complete distrust in their employee's ability to clock-in or out from an approved location. As our organization has over 100 different sites but a wide range of variability for any given employee to where they will be, it's largely an inconvenience and doesn't even address it's original purpose of displaying employee hours since many of us work 50 to 60 hour weeks without overtime compensation.

Workforce Now review by Anamar S.
Anamar S.

"Quick and efficient"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the very clean cut experience that I get with this software. It is incredibly easy and straightforward to use for all employees. I also appreciate all of the different features that allow you to look at your hours and weekly pay or access employee handbooks and other resources. Its also great that the system has real time so when you clock in it’s accurate. It’s quite simple overall and that is the best part.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the clock in and clock out buttons are instant. On my first day I clocked in at the wrong time because I was exploring the site and didn’t think that it would just clock me in when I clicked the arrow next to the button. I really wish there was a confirmation pop up or some other measure to prevent those accidents!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go for it. It is very easy to use. I would just remind employees to make sure that the webpage time matches your start time and also to be careful as to not accidentally clock in.

ADP provides accuracy, information and simplicity. When it comes to clocking in first thing in the morning, we all want a simple experience! This allows us to do it fast so that we can get to work right away. ADP is also providing employees with full reports of their time entries so that we can also keep track.

Workforce Now review by Anthony P.
Anthony P.

"Great All-In-One Hub!"

What do you like best?

The main thing that I enjoy about ADP Workforce is that it's a great all in one venue. It's the one stop place where I can go into see any news from my company, while also looking at my worker profile and time card. It's really easy to investigate and easy to look for information.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I however do not enjoy is that when logging into workforce the views can be different depending on the browser that you are using. For example I have found the site to not be anywhere as responsive if I use internet explorer, where as if I use google Chrome it is very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great all in one solution that can solve many issues, such as relaying information to works, easy location for performance evaluation and also time tracking for employees.

The main problems would be having a place where employee announcements can be posted in one location and information released to everyone at once, it is also used to performance evaluations which is a great benefit.

Workforce Now review by Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.

"ADP Workforce Now - V13"

What do you like best?

The automatic syncing between HR and Payroll reduces key strokes and errors. We track our applicants as well. Being able to pull up an application and change their status to New Hire, saves me from having to type in the personal information of the new hire (ss#, phone, address, email, etc.)

What do you dislike?

While on V2 eTIME didn't auto-sync, it does with this version. But the problem is the information is not date effective. For example, an employee is terminating on Friday. I can terminate them in Workforce now with the future date. But the portion that syncs with eTIME is immediate. There access is cut from eTIME on that day the term is processed, not their term date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that ADP is a large company and offer many modules. Be sure you know what you want/need. Sometimes there are things that you will find later that you could use. Do not be afraid to ask but keep in mind, it is only mostly customizable (not totally customizable like some sales people would like to tell you).

We use ADP for 98% of our HRIS situations: Recruitment (applicant tracking); HR and Benefits; Payroll and timekeeping (eTIME). These applications interact with each other and save time. If we can make the performance evaluations work the way we would like, we could move to 100%

Workforce Now review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"Useful and simple - nothing to write home about"

What do you like best?

The way that it allowed me to look through different benefit options and plans was very nice. My wife and I could look through and pick different benefit selections to see which ones work best. It is trustworthy and always share information needed about PTO.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the program is pretty boring - it is not difficult to use but I do not think I would say that it is user friendly. Small buttons and boring layout make it a bit tricky to find what you need. The main menu is just a bunch of drop downs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you use this if you want a simple way to take care of your HR, payroll, and other information. You and the rest of your work crew will really like all of the benefits that are available with this simple software.

We use it for our benefits information, HR communications, payroll and other details.

Workforce Now review by Shalindra S.
Shalindra S.

"Comprehensive Payroll, Benefits and HR modules"

What do you like best?

We used ADP for payroll and benefits management and application does the trick. It has all the features needed to support these modules.

I track all my benefits and pay, w2 and other details at one place.

What do you dislike?

ADP can improve on look and usability and provide nicer dashboard options. I as a user does not find a nice dashboard to look into my details in one place in a consolidated manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ADP recently see data breach and they have taken the right action to further secure the application and I hope that continues to enhance the security of an application as needed.

They should also work on analytics space to beat the competition like Workday

We needed a cloud app that can support payroll and benefits and based on US regulation and ADP is very well solving this requirement.

Workforce Now review by Tanisha T.
Tanisha T.

"Easier Time Approval"

What do you like best?

We upgraded, so it's now nice to have only one database to manage and all of my information in one place. The Self-Service portal for our employees has been wonderful. The system is very user friendly and allows employees to have access to their own information. The new payroll system with the updated ADP Workforce Now has streamlined our weekly payroll process. Instead of a 4 hour payroll process each Monday, we can complete our weekly payroll in about an hour. LEARNING BYTES ARE THE BEST FOR TRAINING!!!!!! It is a user friendly system that makes it easy for employees to access, even those who are not computer savvy. For the most part, the reporting function is okay, but could be better.

What do you dislike?

That the reports don't always update when being run on a different day. A calendar of PTO. Reporting can be a challenge if details are needed - if you want more specialized reporting you will have to spend a lot of time creating the report you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the use of this product. Various HR features, not just time and attendance. Makes tracking time easier and less cumbersome.

Payroll ease of use, PTO tracking, general place for all company and benefit info. Use of less paper. In this mobile age, Using the mobile version of ADP Workforce Now makes entering AND approving time easy.

Workforce Now review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"I love being able to keep track of all my hours during the pay period."

What do you like best?

I have used ADP for years now at almost every job I have had. I love how easy it is for me to keep track of the hours that I have worked during a pay period simply by logging into my account. It is very intuitive to navigate and use and I have never had any issues with using it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be somewhat slow loading and that is frustrating especially when I am trying to clock back in after a break and its slow loading speed makes me late. It never seems to have the exact same time as my computer which makes it hard to keep up the time I am due back from my breaks.

I benefit from having my hours worked during a pay period visible to me by simply logging in to my account. I also appreciate the ability to set up a profile with all of my contact information for my employer should they need to reach me in the event of something urgent.

Workforce Now review by Tammy A.
Tammy A.

"ADP Workforce Now Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of access is the best part about this program. You are able to access this website from a mobile device, which makes it even more user-friendly and beneficial for employees. Employees are also able to access important tax documents as soon as they become available. Tracking paid time off and time off balances is also beneficial, as well as the detailed description of time off taken.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional loading delays and the fact that this program is web-based means that it is only accessible when internet access is available. In the event that the internet is down or there is no cellphone reception, it would be impossible to access this website. However, this is a rare occasion and the site is generally available to all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using this service, especially for companies with multiple offices is distant locations. ADP allows users to access information and communicate with various departments without the need to physically be in the same location.

Employees are able to update their personal information in a matter of seconds. They are also able to access their tax documents as soon as they become available. This cuts down on delayed receipt of important documents and/or personal updates. Employees are also able to input time-off electronically, which cuts down on communication problems between the employee and management.

Workforce Now review by Devin J.
Devin J.

"Too big to fail, but too big to care "

What do you like best?

ADP has so much to offer, it does about everything you can think of, from 401K and Benefit elections to I-9 Compliance to Applicant Tracking System to the HRMS that everything should* sync to. This conglomerate of companies is also so big and vast, you most likely will find an extension they offer that could do the job to a certain degree, but as my next point will get to.. there are a few things they do well; and others they vastly miss the mark on.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, this company is HUGE.. and being so massive there is much potential for a seamless design from one application to the next. But the efforts put into making each one talk to each other is lack luster, and the extensions to the HRMS lacks within itself, often being just an attempt rather than a completed product. The ATS for instance we pushed for lacked in so many areas, it should of integrated with the HRMS with ease, and had the basics such as offer letter and communication tools, but these were completely absent, and so have a nonfunctional ATS with a functional (sometimes) HRMS just wouldn't cut it. I'd say the largest complaint I'd have would be the customer support.. which was not timely, you get passed around from department to department, and often the language barrier and call back times were atrocious. I get the bigger you get, it makes more sense to outsource.. but the communication and helpfulness felt from that whole experience has left a bitter taste in my teams mouth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, if your needing something just to function moderately, and don't need alot of depth or metric driven data, ADP may be the right fit for you. But know that the support once implemented is disappointing to say the least, and it looks clean and tech savvy, but once actually seeing it run through application to application is when you will see where each integration lacks. Demo and test the devils out of it before committing.

It has the functionality for all that we need, just not enough to carry it across home base in most cases.. for us we are happy for now utilising 401K, HRMS, I-9, Payroll and the Benefit Election Integration.

Workforce Now review by Shaby F.
Shaby F.

"An employee dashboard with all the most important information!"

What do you like best?

ADP Worforce could not be easier to use. It's so user friendly with very intuitive navigation, making the user experience very very convenient. Not only does it have so many features built in, it's so customizable making it so easy to use for employees and administrators alike.

What do you dislike?

It always seems to be a couple minutes off from national time. I'm sure there is an easy way to fix that, but I haven't been able to find it. This makes it frustrating when trying to clock back in and realizing you have a couple minutes left. And if you're like me, you tend to forget in those couple minutes, making more work for the manager, oops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't even think about it, do it. The ease of use in and of itself makes for an amazing product. When you have employees from all different abilities, you need a product that is easy to use. Just to save yourself the time and hassle of answering multiple questions, makes this product 100% worth it.

Having all employees log into one system makes things A LOT easier for administrators. It's a seamless way to manage hours works, vacation requests, and it helps to answer the constant barrage of questions that can be answered with a few simple clicks. Mostly, it's a great (and private) way to store information that can be easily accessed at any time without having to wait for any one person.

Workforce Now review by Brooke C.
Brooke C.

"Makes tracking paychecks easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to find the information I am looking for, whether or not its past W2 forms, past paychecks or other information related to my personal employee information. I also like that I can get alerts when a direct deposit has posted to my account

What do you dislike?

I don't like that using the ADP interface isn't as intuitive on mobile. I am unsure if there is an ADP app that functions as well as the general website, but it would be a welcome addition to be able to get access to all of that information on my phone through an app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider ADP for your major Payroll needs, it's truly a good platform for distributing information and allowing employees to self service most if not all of their payroll needs. It is especially good for employees who usually request direct deposits, because it allows them to switch DD accounts seamlessly, track time and keep up with pay stubs without having to keep track of extra paper.

I am solving the problem of being able to access my pay statements on an ongoing basis, being able to access past pay statements and past W2 forms, as well as accessing pay stubs on an integrated platform that puts all of that information in a location that makes sense in a layout that is easy to use.

Workforce Now review by Morez K.
Morez K.

"Professionals at payroll and HR management"

What do you like best?

ADP is one of the largest payroll and HR management companies in the United States. They are able to provide you with all the tools needed in their easy to use web based software and mobile application. You will find little errors when it comes to payroll and local taxes as they pride themselves as experts in the industry. They will get it right the first time and may offer referral bonuses and discounts when signing on as a new customer. The software is very easy to use and much faster than some similar companies out there. It is bright, creative, and easy enough to train your employees on their functions as a payroll administrator.

What do you dislike?

ADP are professionals at what they do, however they may not be the best solution for small businesses. ADP lacks a more personal touch and may be more expensive compared to small payroll companies that are capable and providing the same basic services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ADP Workforce is great for needing more than the basic payroll software. If you need HR management, Time Keeping, and other tools, you may want to check out ADP for those more advance needs.

ADP is solving our payroll needs. Having payroll outsourced helps save time and stress among the smaller management team we have. It is very simple to be able to log in, submit payroll, ad wait for your customized reports. It helps eliminate the cost of having a department for payroll solutions.

Workforce Now review by Marla G.
Marla G.

"It's a work in Progress..."

What do you like best?

There are updates often making the platform more user friendly and adding some really nice features. In the Employee pay section you can easily view everything at a glance now. All of the state withholding sections have been updated to reflect ACTUAL state forms. So exactly how the employee completes their state form with us is exactly how you enter it into ADP. It's a nice newer feature.

What do you dislike?

The lay out is a bit much, there is just a lot of information that pops out at you. So it takes a moment to find what you are looking for. I don't like that when we have an address update made, it changes it on every single pay statement in the system. It's hard then to go back and see where a check was sent when dealing with lost paychecks.

The self-service feature is really nice. We like that our employees can go and make changes on their own to certain personal information, they can access W2 or 1099's come tax time, and most importantly a new feature was added where they can make changed to their Federal W4 forms and State forms and it will create a digital certificate/form for them and place it right in their file. Also, we have the added on feature of the 'employee documents' (the cloud) so any type of paperwork we receive from them, it's right in their file for us to access right away. We've had instances where we needed to view a an emergency contact form when we weren't in the office and we were able to log on to ADP workforce now (b/c it's internet based now) and go right to their file and get the information we needed.

Workforce Now review by Kelsey P.
Kelsey P.

"A user-friendly way to track time"

What do you like best?

I love that ADP shows me my hours works in a clear and convenient way, and that I can even access the punch on the app on my phone! It is super user-friendly, and lets me keep track of all of my time worked in one easy location. It's great to see everything as I go, including my time card and and previous paychecks. Love the convenience of being able to see all of this information whenever and where ever!

What do you dislike?

One thing that is somewhat frustrating with ADP is not its actual services or its website, but its app. The app can be relatively slow, and does not punch or load immediately when I click it. Other than the delay, however, I don't have any issues and quite like the product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! ADP Workforce Now is great for employees to clock in and out of work with ease, and allows users to view all of their past, current, and upcoming paystubs. There is so much utility to having this information online and available to users at their immediate disposal. ADP Workforce Now is a great tool for employees to know and keep track of hours.

I am using ADP Workforce Now for recording my time at my current position. I can clock in and out with ADP on the computer or on my phone, and can keep track of all my paystubs in one convenient location. It is highly beneficial to be able to access ADP from multiple locations and even on my phone.

Workforce Now review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Great way to manage payroll!"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce now has been exceptionally helpful with managing our payroll processes. It is easy to use. Especially with having our applications within the same system. This has made onboarding new employees a much quicker experience, and there are plenty of fields that can be used during this process when you may need them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little cumbersome finding not often used functions, but The Bridge definitely helps to locate those specific functions aiding in getting the job completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a solution to incorporating your hiring process directly into your information and payroll system, then ADP Workforce Now may be a great option. If you're looking for a cheaper option this may also be a good choice.

The integration of applicants with payroll has cut down on the time it originally would take us to process new employees. It's been a wonderful time saver!

Workforce Now review by Alexander K.
Alexander K.

"ADP - Workforce Now - Great supervising tool"

What do you like best?

The accessibility to all necessary supervising functions makes workforcenow a great tool for taking care of daily things such as payroll, PTOs, employee notes, etc. Having candid visibility is something that should not be taken for granted - ADP truly delivers on all of our business needs in the promised fields.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a little work but nothing major. All of the correct functions are accessible and relatively intuitive to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you are small to medium size company - the workforce now is something to highly be considered. I am sure they have functionality for large companies as well but I can speak from personal experience that workforcenow (ADP) has been a great tool to have from the start (when we were a small company) to our present day (medium size company).

I personally am using ADP to manage employee's PTOs, checking payroll, and documenting employee notes. It also contains any important documentation I would need to adequately supervise my team.

Workforce Now review by Hope C.
Hope C.

"Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

We've been with ADP for several years, so I like that we have history with them. I like that when I have a question, I can call and get an answer. I like that I can set up a batch and save it, so I don't have to recreate it every time I process payroll. I like how I can access reports online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you call multiple times on the same issue, you get different answers. I did not personally care for the last update because I had to learn new hot keys. Creating a custom report feels counter intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small finance team, ADP Workforce Now is a tool to maximize your work power, especially if you have a large number of employees.

We are a seasonal business. Our workforce swells to over 300 in the summer. Workforce Now helps us manage the ebb and flow of our payroll.

The biggest and best benefit is time savings.

Workforce Now review by Administrator

"Not too user friendly, but incredibly powerful!"

What do you like best?

We switched from a previous HR software. The previous software was pretty intiuitive and had great UI/UX, but really wasn't robust at all. ADP doesn't have the best UI/UX, but it is very robust. Running all of the payroll reports that we need takes minutes, not days in the previous system. And hiring? Seriously so much easier. We have a list of all open requisitions that we can easily switch on/off. Then update individual employee profiles -- which best part, those profiles turn into their employee profile if/when they're hired. No need to recreate a new profile from scratch.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that we dislike is the UI/UX. It really isn't too user-friendly or intuitive to use. You have to navigate and play a guessing game if you're new to that particular menu or part of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely need a dedicated HR rep, or someone managing HR in your office. This requires someone to manage as part of their job duties or it won't be worth the cost/investment.

We're using this for all things employee HR related. Hiring, Applications, org-chart, payroll, hour-tracking, etc.

Workforce Now review by Paulla F.
Paulla F.

"Loads of Info, but easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the fact my last paycheck is predominately displayed on the home page. I don't have to search for it. Once I like in - it's there!

What do you dislike?

There are only two buttons on the Dashboard: Dashboard and Pay. So new users (and even those who don't access it often) won't know where information (W2's, etc) are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Once you know how to navigate the site, it's easy to find what you need. I love the fact you can bring up your information on the screen, but hide the details so others can't look at your specific pay, etc.

It allows our HR and Accounting to centralize all payroll, vacation, insurance, and 401K information in one place. And all of our employees (we have several hundred in the field) can access from wherever they are.

Workforce Now review by Eran s.
Eran s.

"ADP is User-friendly Software that should be used by all companies."

What do you like best?

ADP has made looking up my paycheck a whole lot easier.ADP is very intuitive and anytime I need to check on the status of something, I can do it in no time at all. My favorite thing by far is the ease of use of their app. Anytime I need a quick update on something to do with my payroll, I can just pull out my phone versus having to get on a computer to do the same thing

What do you dislike?

The issue we have with ADP revolves around its reporting features. Reports can be made, but there are so many available fields that it's not a clear process for what data you're exporting. As well, it's not possible, from our standpoint, to import into ADP, meaning catching up on data entry so that we can use the reports in a more dynamic way has been next to impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have also realized big time-saving and enhanced efficiency by using ADP's recruiting module. It makes the entire hiring process so much more reliable and quicker.ADP saves my employees, managers and HR practitioners loads of time by automating and improving the efficiency of many processes. The area where we have realized the biggest time-savings is with Benefits enrollment/management. By utilizing the tools available in Workforce Now, we have literally cut out hundreds of man-hours from our annual benefit open enrollment process and at least five man-hours for each new hire enrollment.

Workforce Now review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Workforce NO"

What do you like best?

Workforce Now has intuitive clicking. Fields are easy to find and figure out. The new reporting system is easy to use and a great way to create reports without the back and forth.

What do you dislike?

The ability to make fields required during new hire onboarding is ZERO. When running reports I have to automatically add 3 filters just to get current employees without having duplicates. Customer Service takes forever to resolve issues and you'll be on the phone most of the day just to have them tell you they'll have to escalade the issue for it to still not be resolved. Every add on you want comes as a package and cannot be bought individually. I have to work in 3 different ADP systems just to hire/terminate/ do time and attendance on a daily basis. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU ITS A ONE STOP SHOP!

ADP is our main HRIS system.

Workforce Now review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Does a great job!"

What do you like best?

I really like that it works in the background to do all that I need it to do. I get automated emails whenever I get paid, and the payment goes straight through to my bank account without me having to do anything.

What do you dislike?

I with the user interface was a bit more streamlined! There seems to be a lot of different versions of the website (a newer looking one, an older looking one, and a company specific one), and between all three of them it can get a bit confusing to find all of my paystubs and the breakdowns I am looking for.

ADP Workforce Now makes the entire payment process super easy and streamlined! There is no need for any additional work on my end - I can just sit back and let everything take care of itself! I really like that all vacation information/benefits/etc is all fed into adp and everything is calculated smoothly. I haven't had any issues!

Workforce Now review by Samantha D.
Samantha D.

"Review of ADP Workforce Now "

What do you like best?

What I like best as a user of ADP Workforce now is that I'm able to see all of my work information in one place. For example, I'm able to view my scheduling in terms of days off I have approved coming up, vacation time and my upcoming schedule for a month at time. I enjoy that I'm able to see my pay the day before my check clears to know exactly what to expect and have enough time to correct any errors if there are any discrepancies. I like that I am also able to see not only my schedule but my coworkers as well in case I need to find someone to cover for me, I can.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest there is nothing that I dislike about the ADP Workforce now program.

ADP Workforce Now in keeping track and administrating PTO greatly made the process a lot simpler. We went through a number of errors with the previous payroll provider before landing ADP Workforce Now. Since making the switch a few years ago, potential mistakes have been specified and resolved by the platform's experts. Their precision and hard work is unlike no other. Regardless of the ACA complexity, ADP Workforce Now enabled us to meet requirements without less painfully.

Workforce Now review by Emily K.
Emily K.

"Smart and modern interface for pay and benefits"

What do you like best?

I like that ADP has all of my pay and benefit information in one place, with a nice-looking, modern, easy-to-use design. I use it every couple of weeks, whether to look at my pay breakdown, benefits information, or to get to the website of my heath insurance or HSA... It's all there. The layout is very attractive and user-friendly. My pay is hidden, so someone who walks up behind me at work won't see all my financials unless I click the toggle to unhide. And there are helpful charts that show me what percentage of my pay goes to taxes, insurance, etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about ADP.

In the past, if I needed information about my pay, I would go to one source. If I needed info about my medical insurance, I'd go somewhere else. Now it's all in one place.

Workforce Now review by Jaronika M D.
Jaronika M D.

"A Solid Payroll Platform"

What do you like best?

ADP is a great payroll application and overall should focus their business on remaining in the top tier for payroll. The application had the ability to handle simple to very complex payroll processes. Their understanding of payroll rules and regulations throughout the country is what makes them stand apart from other applications. They have the ability to continue to expand the payroll pieces of the application faster and more efficient than other applications.

What do you dislike?

The ancillary areas that ADP has adopted over the years from M&A and product expansion has left customers wanting more. The lack of ownership on most of the application makes it hard for most companies to take ownership of their business and data. ADP began as a service industry for payroll and it shows with the way that the application is configured. ADP has worked with the new Vantage product to resolve some of the issues but it still does not check all of the boxes. One of the major areas where ADP is not a true competitor in the HCM industry is in the reporting. The reporting is limited and doesn't allow for companies to scale easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really look at your setup and determine if you want a system that does more than just payroll. If you need a system with scalability to do more then I would recommend looking at other systems as well.

We were able to run payroll smoothly and successfully, however we ultimately had to switch platforms in order to realize greater opportunities with a system.

Workforce Now review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Well-built platform, easy to understand, easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The organization of modules and navigation of items is second to none. From the first time you login, you will not have a problem finding what you need. The menus and order of links is logical and easy to follow for anyone.

Secondly, the animation of objects and breakdown of numbers in various graphics makes it easy to see where your money is going. For example, each week you are easily able to see what percentage of your money has gone to taxes, retirement accounts, in your pocket, etc.

What do you dislike?

Logging into the app from my iPhone has been annoying to say the least. At times it will not accept my fingerprint from my 6S and other times it will require I type in the full password before it can accept the fingerprint. I understand this may potentially be my iPhone causing this, but I never seem to have this much trouble unlocking my iPhone from the start.

With ADP Workforce Now, it puts all the information an employee needs to know in one central place that can be accessed any time of the day. I can access information regarding my 401k, direct deposits, tax withholdings, pay statements, and more from a single online dashboard.

Workforce Now review by keisha a.
keisha a.

"ADP is very easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

I like best how simple it is to navigate through ADP. It is very simple to enter my time as well as look up benefits offered. This program is very user friendly in my opinion. ADP is a simple solution to time management.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I forget my password it can sometimes be a hassle to retrieve. Other than that I do not dislike much about using ADP. Maybe if that was simpler if it could offer a reminder to help you remember that would help.

ADP offers the ability to solve attendance problems. I have realized that it is easier to navigate versus other programs I have used in the past.

Workforce Now review by Taylor G.
Taylor G.

"A Good Option for Small Companies"

What do you like best?

The website provides for easy navigation of associate files and information. The site is user friendly and self explanatory for a user at any skill or knowledge level.

What do you dislike?

The system support is not good for a large company that has several tax needs for different locations or has multiple systems that require interfacing to merge the system options. There are a lot of issues that come about when new laws or taxes come into play and the system isn't updated to handle these changes.

Paying individuals across the company in different states and countries. The benefits are having a system that can handle all of the associates and benefit deductions.

Workforce Now review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"ADP Workforce now simplifies our lives"

What do you like best?

The ease of using ADP workforce now makes is an invaluable tool.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike on this product currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a game changer in the payroll and time management system. It is a all in one easy portal that is easy for staff and management to use.

We are able to record time and attendance, as well as time off banks, time off requests, all benefit paperwork, as well as making it much easier for the staff to access their information leaving us to not need to intervene if they need a pay stub or tax statement. Employees are also able to complete all of their benefit enrollment paperwork through the ADP portal electronically, reducing paper waste and enabling them to submit at their time. We also feature the yearly employee holiday calendar which is helpful for the staff to plan their time off.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now Videos

Learning about ADP Workforce Now?

* We monitor all ADP Workforce Now reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.