Do you work for AdRoll?

AdRoll Reviews

1-50 of 294 total AdRoll reviews

AdRoll Reviews

1-50 of 294 total AdRoll reviews
AdRoll review by Julio M.
Inbound Marketing Manager
Most Recent AdRoll Video Review

"AdRoll is incredibly easy and intuitive to use."

AdRoll review by Jessie I.
Education and Marketing Coordinator

"Do it all from adroll"

What do you like best?

I like that I can take care of all of my digital marketing from one place. I have one dashboard that summarizes everything that i have going on instead of using multiple platforms. For PPC, the bidding is made clearer than any other program that I haved used. Its transparent with reporting.

What do you dislike?

It takes a good month to get clear and accurate reports. I would like more real-time reporting. This can cause the incorrect ad to run and you dont have time to fix the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends on your business size and how much digital marketing you want to do (and your budget). There are a lot of these programs out there, but this one is worth checking out.

Knowing exactly how much I am spending of my advertising budget. Good Reports. All of my information is on one platform. Its also had me step into a whole new arena of advertising, including re targeting.

AdRoll review by Remy T.

"Mostly garbage "

What do you like best?

-Reasonably straightforward setup

-Quickly deploy campaigns

-Free creative resources

What do you dislike?

I have 10 years of marketing experience, most of it digital, including a lot of advertising. I've used Adroll at a few different companies and performance has gotten worse over time, meaning people are not clicking and the ads are not converting. All this despite me getting better at online advertising.

The offer, creative and targeting are good and I've tried over a dozen variations. I am starting to doubt the authenticity of the traffic bc the reporting is all over the map and is often contradictory depending on what report you're looking at. They're taking credit for a WooCommere sale here and there but I have no real way to verify anything.

Bottom line: If you don't have a watertight way to track your AdRoll leads to sales, proceed with caution.

Basic ecom retargeting for protein bars.

AdRoll review by Frank J.
administrator

"Simple campaigns to do great in attracting clients"

What do you like best?

campaigning with unique content is fast, the advertising that is achieved through AdRoll on social networks, personalized emails makes the brand become a more recognized company and manages to increase sales in a great way that is noticeable because it provides more personalized experiences to the public

What do you dislike?

I have no problems with AdRoll seems a very good platform only at the beginning was a little uncomfortable to execute and know the proper functioning of AdRoll I tried to communicate with support and I felt that I answered a robot that answered the same and then I knew well where chat with them and it was great all

Sales increase more and more every time a campaign is launched, it attracts new customers who are attracted by our products and what better benefit they increase and increase sales.

AdRoll review by Ryan C.
Advertising Director

"Perfect optimization for your advertising campaigns"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create advertising campaigns, select target, media and also have all the statistics gathered by a couple of clicks to modify or add elements to the campaign in an instant.

What do you dislike?

The monitoring in real time is sometimes takes a while to update and you have to wait a moment to see the statistics completely updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if there is a company or individual user interested in being able to carry out campaigns that serve to reach their goal, AdRoll is a good software for it.

It has allowed us to create many advertising campaigns and be able to adapt them according to the graphs and statistics displayed. It also gives information of very important details such as the PPC and the conversion rate achieved, all with a very intuitive interface.

AdRoll review by Leynes M.
Marketing Specialist
Internet

"Innovative tool for remarketing"

What do you like best?

Advertising can be the best impetus for a company, the tools for AdRoll remarketing in its intelligent algorithm system that decides when to show each ad work very well for attracting new customers, and publications are made on sites with large visits

What do you dislike?

Maybe the cost is a little high which will make small businesses and businesses unable to use it, so this is often a big problem. AdRoll offers good publicity for which it must have a good cost.

The best part of this software is to perform an analysis to compare with other companies, advertising although it may not seem often is the best option to make known to any company and business, when it is implemented in a good way usually create good result and those have been notorious since we used AdRoll as our marketing system.

AdRoll review by Martin L.

"Probably good for beginners or non-marketers"

What do you like best?

Installation of the pixel is pretty easy. Beyond that, I wasn't a fan of much.

What do you dislike?

Starting with the setup and creation of ads, to management, to reporting - everything was a bit awkward and unnecessarily complicated. I've worked in a few DSPs at agencies and they were much clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If (like us) you don't have the monthly spend to qualify for a DSP and you'd prefer not to use an agency, then I'd recommend considering alternatives. We're moving off Adroll and we'll be managing our efforts on select social media networks, Google, and Bing. It takes more time, but ultimately it will net better results at a lower CPA for our business.

We're a medium sized business and we wanted a stop gap for remarketing/retargeting and display advertising during our digital transformation. We don't have the spend to qualify for a DSP, but we wanted to manage everything in house. So Adroll fell right on our lap.

AdRoll review by Ruta S.
CMO

"If you need help this is not the company for you"

What do you like best?

That the AI bot doesn't respond to you no matter what you try and say to it. I try to send in a Support Ticket but it references me back to the Ticket I am currently being ignored on.

What do you dislike?

Waiting over a week for the multiple members of my AdRoll Team to not respond to me. Shout out to Skyler & Joshua for their complete lack of help. At best we get a response every four to six days. Not like they have a problem taking my money during that time. But on average 4-6 days! Actual mail would move faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. So many other options with way better support.

None. That is why we made the mistake of trying to contact Support.

AdRoll review by Brandon A.
Head of Marketing

"Quick and Easy Remarketing Solution"

What do you like best?

Early on the account team was great in assisting the setup of our campaigns. Even with out the team however, it is easy to set up a marketing initiative in a few clicks.

Also great if you do not want to do your own Facebook advertising, and prefer to run in the platform.

Finally I like that it makes up for the inventory not available in the Google Display Network.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the Facebook integration tools, as I prefer to be more hands on, but that is more personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to jumpstart re-marketing efforts and recapture users who don't convert. Also has the ability to go after prospecting audiences as well.

Display Remarketing and Retargeting of prospects who did not convert.

AdRoll review by Kristin B.
Manager, Digital Services
Publishing

"AdRoll in the B2B marketplace"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and make any edits as needed. I also like:

-easy to understand

-good visuals on the dashboard

-easy to see how many impressions are being generated

-similar feel to other Google products (with date range options)

-ease of use

-ability to integrate with our customer database for targeting efforts

What do you dislike?

We have had a lot of issues with complying to the privacy policy requirements--we use ads for clients and cannot always control the wording of their privacy policies. It varies and we have not been able to find clear reasons why a campaign may be rejected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdRoll is a very cheap marketing option. We have been able to ad this into most of our Marketing campaigns for little cost out of pocket. The best part is that it is seen as very valuable by our clients and a huge selling feature.

We want to target our niche audiences off of our website. AdRoll has easily made this possible. We can also see what sites the ads are being viewed on.

AdRoll review by Katie F.
Marketing Operations & Content Manager

"Great Retargeting Capabilities, Lacking Great UX"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of retargeting capabilities on Adroll--particularly the CRM retargeting. Now that they've re-vamped the CRM integration, it's even a bit better. It used to be that I couldn't add additional lists from our Salesforce or HubSpot accounts after the initial setup. Now, I can add new lists from HubSpot relatively easily.

What do you dislike?

Adroll is no longer supporting their Salesforce CRM integration, which is a real bummer! It is also a somewhat slow platform and just generally navigating around the platform and getting answers to questions isn't entirely intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge, Adroll is the best platform currently available for a broad set of retargeting capabilities. I only know this because I've gotten so fed up with Adroll on a couple of occasions that I've researched other options. Resigning to this, it is a decent tool for marketers. Just know that they are no longer supporting their integration with Salesforce (they have a legacy integration that is not being serviced & doesn't work particularly well. You can only set up your retargeting lists at the time you are setting up the integration, so plan ahead!) I am able to work around this handicap using my HubSpot integration, so it's not a complete deal-breaker for me.

Marketing, advertising, retargeting website visitors and target accounts mainly. Also experimenting a little bit with customer/user engagement.

AdRoll review by David T.
Executive Director

"it serves to grow the customer base"

What do you like best?

has helped the growth of customers by creating campaigns that facilitate ads through social networks, it is a good service platform I use it always seems to me to be a leading marketing platform

What do you dislike?

I do not have much to say just I would like that you could make your tutorials easier to understand, to make it easier for new users to use as I was, so we do not have to seek assistance to get more information.

It is a profitable and economical alternative to carry out marketing campaigns with security that will be successful and will increasingly be recognized

AdRoll review by Meghan B.
Marketing & Creative Design Lead

"Adroll for Marketers"

What do you like best?

I switched from the program Outbrain to Adroll. The main reasons were ease of use, and clarity of the program. It is way more intuitive and simpler in how it presents all the information to the user.

I really enjoy their always-on facebook targetting, that was instantly setup and now just runs in the background without me having to really worry about it.

I also really enjoy the reporting functionality. I have automated emails that get sent to myself and various stakeholders in the company which provide various granular metrics on the ads performance, spend, and our ROAS.

In addition, to those great features, the dashboard is easy to use and understand. The user experience compared to the last program I used (Outbrain) is a thousand times better. So much more intuitive to use. On the first day of getting Adroll up and running, I was quickly able to get four campaigns up within minutes.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like about Adroll is that you once you delete a campaign it still shows up in your feed view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to any in-house team looking to control their small/medium sized budgets, and have full control over their spends.

I am trying to open new revenue channels/streams. I am expanded my marketplace to new people on various different media streams.

AdRoll review by Agency

"Worse customer service around"

What do you like best?

At this stage nothing, to begin with it was easy to use and generating report was easy, now nothing is easy and you are dealing with people from India that are agents

What do you dislike?

We have been using Adroll for many years and have spent thousands with them. For years we have been receiving the same reports for our clients in the same standard with no issues at all. Sometime last year is seems they shifted their whole operation to India and at the same time they decided to change the format of our reports without consulting us. We could no longer send the new format because it contained confidential information and our clients insisted on the same report they have been receiving for years.

As such the Odyssey with Adroll started. First we went on chat to explain the issue, we were told to create a ticket which we did. No response. Followed up on chat with another agent from India, they asked us to send the report we wanted and the one we didn’t want, so we did. A new ticket was created. Then the reports changed to different format and still not the same one we had before. So again, onto the chat and again a new agent asking for the same things.

This is now one year ago and we have still not managed to deal with the right people who can sort this out for us. Every time we go onto the chat a new agent is there and the excuses are never ending as to why things went wrong and promises that it would be sorted. Still nothing sorted.

The last agent Soumya Y was actually helpful and he personally promised to get this sorted for us, so again another ticket was created and again he asked for all the reports which we supplied (5th time) two days later a reply is made to the ticket saying the following:

Hello Rudy,

Hope you are doing great!

I understand that you would like to receive reports in a particular format. Please share the format and also let us know if you do not wish to receive any report so that I can check and disable it from the backend.

Awaiting your response!

You can see why we are over Adroll, they clearly don’t have a ticket system that shares any history. To-date our issues are still not sorted which will now result in us moving away to other providers with better service and pricing. It’s a real shame you treat your clients this way. We will also be sharing this in a marketing forum we sponsor with over 5000 marketers, many of which also use Adroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont use them, once you have a problem, good luck!

Re-targeting solution's

AdRoll review by Clarence H.
Duper Uper Designs
(Myself Only)

"Easy to use does its jop"

What do you like best?

Adroll is pretty easy to set up and your ads go live very quickly. Adroll is pretty easy to set up and your ads go live very quickly. We can set budgets, select channels and track all the data in one place.

What do you dislike?

Didn't have the best time with customer service took a little while to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great support tool, for are running a larger campaign and you want to advertise your self out there it has a free trial give it a go

Getting more awareness for our website and what we do as a company.

AdRoll review by Mark  S.
Founder

"Adroll will give you a very good ROI"

What do you like best?

Adroll is pretty easy to set up and your ads go live very quickly. Adroll will get your message onto large websites and we have received many comments about that from our customers. Some have said they see us everywhere. We setup a couple of campaigns so we can switch between them to help avoid ad fatigue throughout the month.

What do you dislike?

Not really something that I dislike but Adroll does require image ads to be created in order to run your ads, but you can purchase them online if you don't have a designer in-house. We recommend that you create at least 2 campaigns worth of ad images so you can rotate them throughout the month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they do have a minimum monthly ad spend amount, I advise you to try Adroll and not just rely on Facebook ads or retargeting ads. This really helps you stay in front of potential customers as they surf around on different websites online.

People these days need to see your message multiple times typically before they will buy. When you use Adroll, you open up another channel to show people ads and drive them back to your website, shopping cart, or whatever. We sell a pretty large ticket item and will see at least one more sale per month for a minimal ad spend.

AdRoll review by Rebecca S.

"Easy to use to accomplish goals"

What do you like best?

I like how simple AdRoll is. The buttons are very clear so you know exactly what you're clicking into and where to go. It's also a clean platform in general so there's not a lot to distract you. For the times when paying a designer and working with someone outside your agency is going to take too long, AdRoll will do it for you. They have an easy in-house design team which can save time and stress. Their attribution tab is helpful too when it's set up properly to see how retargeting is helping push your leads through the funnel - especially helpful when connected to a marketing automation/CRM like HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

I like that it's simple but sometimes it seems too simple. AdRoll claims to be an ABM platform, but I think they're missing some of the strategic pieces of ABM. It's like they claim ABM to be pick your companies and promote to them - that's any sales person's strategy already...

We are using AdRoll to get in front of potential customers who aren't engaging with email as we'd like them to. AdRoll is meant to help keep us relevant without being too pushy. So far, we haven't set super high budgets so the results aren't super high which is normal. But, we have gotten some feedback that our potential customers have seen our reach online which is promising.

AdRoll review by Victoria  V.
Graphics Designer
(Myself Only)

"Adroll Review"

What do you like best?

The price is right for deploying remarketing campaigns for our customers. The ease of signing-up for small startups was a big bonus. The interface was simple and intuitive. The UI/UX is pretty intuitive and the level of customer support is great even for small accounts.

What do you dislike?

Mostly used in social media, therefore its not great for display but is great to use for mobile. Doesnt perform as well as other re-targeting programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good if you aren't comfortable managing Facebook pixel directly. Great for SEM campaigns and semantic search

Getting to Target the right Audience and Analysis.

AdRoll review by Harleen Y.
Marketing Manager

"Easy to use solid platform"

What do you like best?

Remarking specific pages in our wheelhouse for a target audience. We can set this up quickly and easily; no waste of time is accumulated.

New reporting features are an upgrade and do not require excess filters anymore.

What do you dislike?

I'm a fan of what Adroll is trying to achieve and they have a large advertising network, but support really lets them down and the fact that they load up front is just off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdRoll is great for more advanced marketing organizations with a robust CRM and marketing automation platform because it offers a scalable platform for multiple different audiences throughout their customer journey.

Our digital media department uses AdRoll as an agency for our web and social feedback for e - commerce customers. The maintenance is relatively low and provides a modest ROI.

AdRoll review by Joshua C.
Demand Generation Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Demand Generation via AdRoll"

What do you like best?

The network that Adroll was able to roll out to was its strongest feature. One place to update and monitor ads across such a broad network was very appealing.

What do you dislike?

The system's reporting seemed finniky... The numbers just weren't adding up to what we were seeing in terms of leads entering the system, seemed like too many view through's. We also were not able to segment out particular publishers well, or it would be serving on very irrelavent websites (people would send feedback even after we specifically blacklisted).

We were able to roll out ads quickly to a huge network and spend a lot of money naturally. What we got in return was medium to low quality leads and a lot of clicks but not form fills.. Seemed tough to pull the right leads, maybe because the network is a little too broad.

AdRoll review by Lisa  M.

"Great retargeting tool for B2B companies"

What do you like best?

It is helpful that AdRoll is integrated with Marketo - this makes it easy to reach not only web visitors but database leads. Overall the inventory that AdRoll is able to get is good and we are able to reach all of our target audiences easily.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvements to the billing system. I wish it was easier to do monthly invoicing without managed services

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a more expensive solution than some other retargeting services but it has more robust capabilities and appears to have stronger inventory/reach

We are able to better nurture our leads given that we can reach both web visitors and database leads through display and Facebook ads.

AdRoll review by Adam L.
Founder

"A Cautionary Tale About Using AdRoll"

What do you like best?

Full service management and increased access to premium inventory were big selling points, but not a single campaign went live through our AdRoll reps without tracking errors, billing issues and lack of follow-through from their account teams. Our spend levels were high, which makes me wonder how much worse the customer service would have been if we were just spending a few thousand dollars per month.

What do you dislike?

Despite what they claim, AdRoll's interface is inefficient and their customer service is beyond awful. Classic over-promise and under-deliver. The overall experience was super frustrating and ended up being a huge waste of time for my company. They have managed to be successful despite the bad UI and inept account teams because they have become too big to fail. Not to mention we had 6 contacts in 4 months with little-to-no knowledge transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend looking elsewhere for retargeting solutions. It may have started out as a leader, but it has become a big, slow, poorly managed organization. Their support teams are overworked and under-qualified, so it's really not realistic to rely on them. This would be ok if the interface was more efficient, but it's slow and very manual.

We were looking for a programmatic ad platform to help manage and optimize our client's remarketing campaigns. The performance they reported was strong, but after looking at Google Analytics and other measurement tools, it became obvious that AdRoll's attribution model gives their ads far more credit than they deserve.

AdRoll review by Kelly S.
Director Direct Response Marketing
Publishing

"Good tool, but at mercy of account managers"

What do you like best?

Ability to create custom audiences based on site behavior or CRM lists is pretty robust. Custom attribution and credit settings are helpful to assess the true impact of your campaigns.

Ad creative support is helpful when things get busy!

What do you dislike?

The AdRoll's tag allows some third-parties piggybacks, which you don't have any control or easy visibility into. This can be a security issue as you don't know what they are injecting on your site.

Numerous changes in account management. Some better than others. This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly.

Poor

Pushing prospects down our funnels and keeping the brand front of mind during the consideration period with retargeting ads.

AdRoll review by User in Information Technology and Services

"AdRoll is great for brand awareness and getting your company's name all over the web. "

What do you like best?

I like that AdRoll allows you to advertise on both Facebook and Web, and that you can pull lists from your marketing automation platform. I like that you can send ads to your target accounts vs just sending to a bunch of random prospects that may or may not fit your buyer personas.

What do you dislike?

I know many people say that AdRoll is good for lead gen, but I have not had that experience with it. I don't view it as a lead gen tool because I don't see a lot of conversions from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The success I have seen with AdRoll is not lead gen, so do not get this product thinking it will increase lead gen. AdRoll is great for brand awareness which leads to lead gen.

Brand awareness. I've notices that AdRoll has been great in getting our brand out there across the web and on Facebook. The impressions we are getting are great. It makes getting brand awareness for your company easy.

AdRoll review by User in Apparel & Fashion

"Adroll is a great tool for a low price"

What do you like best?

I use Adroll through Springbot and I like that it is very user-friendly. It is not overly complicated to add images and the sizes are readily available for you to see and then create. I like how quickly I am able to see one of my ads online and the way it targets me as a customer which confirms to me that it is indeed working. This may be a Springbot characteristic but I do like the platform to see all of the stats I need in order to see how well the ads are doing and if they are doing poorly I can just easily improve my ads or create brand new ones.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more options with the dynamic ads. There seems to be very few options on how they look but that may possibly be in the works for an update. This may also be a Springbot characteristic, when you have created an ad it is a little hard to see what ad is in the list unless you have titled it well. Even if you have titled it well it would be nice to have a quick glance at an icon of what you have created. That way you do not have to go searching through each ad to get to a particular one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool to use if you are on a budget. I am not sure if this is just a benefit through what we use it through which is Springbot but as a small company we have been able to use it with a very low budget.

The business problems we are solving with Adroll is trying to build our brand awareness online and just getting more eyes on our product. We have seen some profit through our adroll ads and have been satisfied with the service so far.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Graphic Design

"Easy affordable tool for staying top-of-mind"

What do you like best?

For those of us in markets that have long sales cycles, it's really important to stay top-of-mind so that when the client is ready, we are among the first people they think of. Adroll helps us keep in touch with folks who have recently visited the site. Even if they're not clicking, they're not forgetting we're here.

What do you dislike?

I recently learned that Safari is imposing restrictions Adroll (and perhaps other remarketing tools) that sets a short timeframe on our ability to advertise after someone has visited the site. This currently represents 20% of our website traffic, so that's a bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider more than the clicks and impressions, but figure in the use of Adroll to the overall measurement of a campaign. It's hard to evaluate the impact of the impressions without taking into account the overall success.

We are careful to only reach out to our audiences with useful content so as not spam our valuable leads, but we need to remain top-of-mind throughout our long sales cycle. Adroll helps us do this. Furthermore, we have seen a relevant uptick in webinar registrations since we've begun promoting them through Adroll.

AdRoll review by Matthew T.
Marketing Consultant

"Good tool for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The learning curve for AdRoll is very simple and the ad design process straight forward. It is easy to edit ad campaigns and make adjustments with a short approval process.

AdRoll is also more lenient than other services like Google AdWords with who they let use remarketing. For example, in working with an optometrist we were disapproved with AdWords but approved with AdRoll.

What do you dislike?

My main problem with AdRoll is they are much more expensive then other services. This largely has to do with the broad targeting capabilities and charge per impression (versus per click).

Retargeting. We use AdRoll to follow up with website visitors that didn't convert on the initial visit.

AdRoll review by Kyle H.
Sr. Marketing Manager
Automotive

"Set up and manage campaigns with ease!"

What do you like best?

If you have a small retargeting campaign you would like to run - Adroll is the perfect tool for you. Easily upload creative, assign a budget, and choose an audience, upload your Adroll pixel to your site and your retargeting campaign is ready to go. Don't have an in house designer or creative? No worries - Adroll also does this free of charge if you need it. Reporting is super easy and transparent.

What do you dislike?

Upon first using the tool it was a little confusing as to what Adroll considered a conversion opposed to what we consider a conversion. Ask your account rep to walk you through the process and it becomes way easier to understand.

We have realized that at least 10% of our new customers have come from these retargeting programs since launching. They are prepped and educated on our product as opposed to someone new passing by. The platform is easy to use and manage so it frees up a lot of time on my end.

AdRoll review by Dave M.
Digital Marketing Manager

"AdRoll Keeps Cross-Channel Advertising Simple"

What do you like best?

As an agency, we use AdRoll to manage multiple cross-channel accounts. It is very simple to manage all our client accounts. We can set budgets, select channels and track all the data in one place. It's great because each client has its own advertising needs. AdRoll makes it easy. Their support is great too.

What do you dislike?

We did have an issue with one client where AdRoll didn't recognize the tracking pixel. I'd recommend using Google Tag Manager when implementing the pixel. That always works. The reporting could be a bit deeper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all your ads align across all channels. Keep the user experience consistent, even if they see an ad from another channel outside of AdRoll.

We can give our client visibility across all their channel partners. Sometimes you can feel "locked in" by AdWords. AdRoll gives smaller agencies a chance to increase ad visibility and conversions through channels we may not have been able to utilize.

AdRoll review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Fantastic platform, very flexible"

What do you like best?

This is one of the few platforms that we can deploy for a client regardless of budget, and push really great results. Lots of different ways to segment and use data and lots of ways to meet a client goal.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I would say is that AdRoll can sometimes be more stringent on content guidelines than the actual ad networks themselves, especially with regard to ads of a medical or legal nature. There are clients, for example, where I can get a remarketing ad approved directly via Facebook but not via AdRoll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a lot of thought to your audience, you likely don't want to target EVERYONE who comes to your site, we generally start by making the standard audience people with 1-3 pageviews.

This is one of the tools we love to use to help clients extend a conversation with their customer who did not necessarily convert on the first site visit. There are lots of reasons that an interested party may abandon a site before purchase, tools like AdRoll help us get them back.

AdRoll review by Dana N.

"Great service with potential in acct reps"

What do you like best?

Adroll makes selecting advertising goals and pushing ads to certain target easy as a couple clicks of the button. Having a bi annual check in with our rep is great!

What do you dislike?

However, I would like more personal touch points with our account rep and hands on based on what the service provides. We are a small marketing team and don’t have the luxury of one person focusing solely on advertising so having the support we are supposed to get would be helpful.

Digital advertising and prospecting customers through advertising

AdRoll review by John W.
Vice President, Strategic Enterprise
Medical Devices

"AdRoll B2C Retargeting"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool to get new customers, by pulling them further into the decision-making process making sure our brand is always on their minds.

value for money

features

ease of use

cross-device, cross-platform retargeting

reports & analytics

What do you dislike?

customer service response times can be slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is one of the best platforms for retargeting. It does have a wide network of global websites for ads in English, and it also has some effective tools for email targeting and Facebook ads. Their customer support is their weakest link. They lack media space in countries where English is not the main language.

increase website eCommerce conversion rates

AdRoll review by Shawn P.
Designer / Marketing / Product Manager
Consumer Goods

"OK to start, not for scale"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for prospecting and remarketing, please a great support tool in the stack.

What do you dislike?

Not built for scale, I had issues when I'd try to segment out user groups, refine data parameters about the user groups we were targeting, and essentially just scaling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great support tool, use it as such. If you are running a larger campaign then this tool will work OK for you.

We were growing and launching bigger and bigger campaigns, we needed support to prospect and remarket to consumers. Adroll wasn't able to deliver the results we wanted, it's a great tool don't get me wrong, but it wasn't for us. We made it work a few times but then moved.

AdRoll review by Duraid S.
Head of Growth

"A Powerful Retargeting Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup new campaigns, and the campaign performance seems to be better than just using Facebook/AdWords for remarketing, so I highly recommend trying it.

What do you dislike?

I tried the CRM retargeting feature in the past and the reach wasn't that good, so I don't really use that feature anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're currently using Facebook or AdWords for your remarketing campaigns, I highly recommend testing AdRoll and comparing the performance of your remarketing campaigns in AdRoll vs. justusing Facebook/Adwords.

Reaching and nurturing more people in our target audience through remarketing campaigns.

AdRoll review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid Remarketing Solution but with Faults"

What do you like best?

Adroll setup is fairly easy, as is working with their support and design teams for creative, which by the way is free, and one of the nice benefits of working with AdRoll, especially for advertisers who don't have budget for creative.

Generally speaking performance looks good but can be overinflated (more to come in the dislikes on that). As long as you can clean up the data through a external source, and are confident in the data provided by AdRoll, it's a nice platform.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is incredibly slow, UI can be slow, laggy and unresponsive. Workflow generally is poor. Performance mostly is strong, but in deep dives, we've determined that AdRoll's remarketing is a bit aggressive, and potentially overinflating conversions and revenue associated as it tries to take credit for conversions which in some cases it shouldn't. These are fixable, but you'd need to know how to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for other remarketing platforms, or consider using Facebook and the rest directly.

Ease of use for remarketing, getting things up quickly, at scale. Return in some cases has been stellar for some clients, in other cases, we've cancelled AdRoll. It's very middle of the road, and will depend on your vertical / niche.

AdRoll review by Agency

"AdRoll is an ok platform with Great support"

What do you like best?

The customer support team is definitely the strongest benefit of using AdRoll. Their team will have an onboarding call, create ads, and ultimately provide support the entire way through the process if you or your client needs help. I also appreciate that as an experienced marketer they don't make any of these meetings mandatory in order to use their platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't tell what websites my clicks are coming from,.Their UTMs are not sophisticated at all and they aren't conducive to running multiple campaigns with the same ad creatives which ultimately causes a lack of trackability. The conversion/pixel tracking is very basic and the remarketing strategies are even more basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if you're a very experienced marketer and you have some creative ideas of how to use this platform there are many ways to find success additionally if you're a basic advertiser looking for a platform with free support that will walk you through the process then AdRoll is a good platform.

I use AdRoll when my clients want more exposure with a possibility of conversions but I do not see AdRoll as primary conversion platform.

AdRoll review by Vincent M.
Sr. Search Engine Marketing Analyst

"Appears to work well on paper, skeptical of actual attribution."

What do you like best?

Fairly simple setup, ads look decent. and it does appear to be effective according to their interface.

What do you dislike?

Skeptical of View-thru conversion attribution, as with any Display campaign, it is difficult to gauge the actual impact "seeing" the ad has in the purchase process. Support is not great & never hear from our "Account Manager" since day 1. Also, it is difficult to make edits to your own ads and it is preferred if you reach out to a rep for any revisions due to their approval process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to cross reference other Revenue analytics & keep an eye on impact it has on revenue from returning visitors, which IMO would be a better measure of effectiveness.

Retargeting users with the exact products they've shown interest on previously. Facebook appears to have a better return than the general web

AdRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy enough!"

What do you like best?

Adroll makes it easy to get started with retargeting!

What do you dislike?

The interface can sometimes be difficult to work with, and fully understand how to accomplish what you are hoping to do without a full understanding of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to enter into the retargeting space. Be sure to do your research to determine all of the requirements to be successful with AdRoll. It's great to have the flexibility to pause or increase spending at any time, and make adjustments to your campaigns depending on seasonality, promotion, etc.

Staying top of mind in a sector where customers do a great amount of research before making a purchasing decision.

AdRoll review by Justin H.
Director of Customer Acquisition

"Versatile Display Ad Platform"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is a solid platform that makes it very simple to manage our display ad campaigns for both prospecting and retargeting across web display channels and Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that we had a bit more control over the specifics of where and how things ran, more blacklisting and whitelisting control, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely work closely with your account manager, they'll do a lot to help make sure you understand what you can be doing with AdRoll

Main thing is having a centralized hub for our display campaigns across multiple channels, and also keeping track of FB.