AdRoll

3.7

Since 2007, AdRoll has been on a mission to help businesses compete online and grow revenue. Ambitious commerce brands use the AdRoll E-commerce Growth Platform to make their display, social and email advertising work together to accelerate business growth. Powered by industry-leading automation and personalization, brands are better able to structure, measure and sync their marketing efforts. Built for performance, our Growth Platform sees 37,000 customers generate more than $246 billion in sales annually.

Work for AdRoll?

Learning about AdRoll?

AdRoll Reviews

Showing 263 AdRoll reviews
AdRoll review by Leynes M.
Leynes M.

"Innovative tool for remarketing"

What do you like best?

Advertising can be the best impetus for a company, the tools for AdRoll remarketing in its intelligent algorithm system that decides when to show each ad work very well for attracting new customers, and publications are made on sites with large visits

What do you dislike?

Maybe the cost is a little high which will make small businesses and businesses unable to use it, so this is often a big problem. AdRoll offers good publicity for which it must have a good cost.

The best part of this software is to perform an analysis to compare with other companies, advertising although it may not seem often is the best option to make known to any company and business, when it is implemented in a good way usually create good result and those have been notorious since we used AdRoll as our marketing system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AdRoll
AdRoll review by Martin L.
Martin L.

"Probably good for beginners or non-marketers"

What do you like best?

Installation of the pixel is pretty easy. Beyond that, I wasn't a fan of much.

What do you dislike?

Starting with the setup and creation of ads, to management, to reporting - everything was a bit awkward and unnecessarily complicated. I've worked in a few DSPs at agencies and they were much clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If (like us) you don't have the monthly spend to qualify for a DSP and you'd prefer not to use an agency, then I'd recommend considering alternatives. We're moving off Adroll and we'll be managing our efforts on select social media networks, Google, and Bing. It takes more time, but ultimately it will net better results at a lower CPA for our business.

We're a medium sized business and we wanted a stop gap for remarketing/retargeting and display advertising during our digital transformation. We don't have the spend to qualify for a DSP, but we wanted to manage everything in house. So Adroll fell right on our lap.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

AdRoll review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Quick and Easy Remarketing Solution"

What do you like best?

Early on the account team was great in assisting the setup of our campaigns. Even with out the team however, it is easy to set up a marketing initiative in a few clicks.

Also great if you do not want to do your own Facebook advertising, and prefer to run in the platform.

Finally I like that it makes up for the inventory not available in the Google Display Network.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the Facebook integration tools, as I prefer to be more hands on, but that is more personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to jumpstart re-marketing efforts and recapture users who don't convert. Also has the ability to go after prospecting audiences as well.

Display Remarketing and Retargeting of prospects who did not convert.

AdRoll review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"AdRoll in the B2B marketplace"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and make any edits as needed. I also like:

-easy to understand

-good visuals on the dashboard

-easy to see how many impressions are being generated

-similar feel to other Google products (with date range options)

-ease of use

-ability to integrate with our customer database for targeting efforts

What do you dislike?

We have had a lot of issues with complying to the privacy policy requirements--we use ads for clients and cannot always control the wording of their privacy policies. It varies and we have not been able to find clear reasons why a campaign may be rejected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdRoll is a very cheap marketing option. We have been able to ad this into most of our Marketing campaigns for little cost out of pocket. The best part is that it is seen as very valuable by our clients and a huge selling feature.

We want to target our niche audiences off of our website. AdRoll has easily made this possible. We can also see what sites the ads are being viewed on.

AdRoll review by Katie F.
Katie F.

"Great Retargeting Capabilities, Lacking Great UX"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of retargeting capabilities on Adroll--particularly the CRM retargeting. Now that they've re-vamped the CRM integration, it's even a bit better. It used to be that I couldn't add additional lists from our Salesforce or HubSpot accounts after the initial setup. Now, I can add new lists from HubSpot relatively easily.

What do you dislike?

Adroll is no longer supporting their Salesforce CRM integration, which is a real bummer! It is also a somewhat slow platform and just generally navigating around the platform and getting answers to questions isn't entirely intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge, Adroll is the best platform currently available for a broad set of retargeting capabilities. I only know this because I've gotten so fed up with Adroll on a couple of occasions that I've researched other options. Resigning to this, it is a decent tool for marketers. Just know that they are no longer supporting their integration with Salesforce (they have a legacy integration that is not being serviced & doesn't work particularly well. You can only set up your retargeting lists at the time you are setting up the integration, so plan ahead!) I am able to work around this handicap using my HubSpot integration, so it's not a complete deal-breaker for me.

Marketing, advertising, retargeting website visitors and target accounts mainly. Also experimenting a little bit with customer/user engagement.

AdRoll review by Meghan B.
Meghan B.

"Adroll for Marketers"

What do you like best?

I switched from the program Outbrain to Adroll. The main reasons were ease of use, and clarity of the program. It is way more intuitive and simpler in how it presents all the information to the user.

I really enjoy their always-on facebook targetting, that was instantly setup and now just runs in the background without me having to really worry about it.

I also really enjoy the reporting functionality. I have automated emails that get sent to myself and various stakeholders in the company which provide various granular metrics on the ads performance, spend, and our ROAS.

In addition, to those great features, the dashboard is easy to use and understand. The user experience compared to the last program I used (Outbrain) is a thousand times better. So much more intuitive to use. On the first day of getting Adroll up and running, I was quickly able to get four campaigns up within minutes.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like about Adroll is that you once you delete a campaign it still shows up in your feed view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to any in-house team looking to control their small/medium sized budgets, and have full control over their spends.

I am trying to open new revenue channels/streams. I am expanded my marketplace to new people on various different media streams.

AdRoll review by Agency
Agency

"Worse customer service around"

What do you like best?

At this stage nothing, to begin with it was easy to use and generating report was easy, now nothing is easy and you are dealing with people from India that are agents

What do you dislike?

We have been using Adroll for many years and have spent thousands with them. For years we have been receiving the same reports for our clients in the same standard with no issues at all. Sometime last year is seems they shifted their whole operation to India and at the same time they decided to change the format of our reports without consulting us. We could no longer send the new format because it contained confidential information and our clients insisted on the same report they have been receiving for years.

As such the Odyssey with Adroll started. First we went on chat to explain the issue, we were told to create a ticket which we did. No response. Followed up on chat with another agent from India, they asked us to send the report we wanted and the one we didn’t want, so we did. A new ticket was created. Then the reports changed to different format and still not the same one we had before. So again, onto the chat and again a new agent asking for the same things.

This is now one year ago and we have still not managed to deal with the right people who can sort this out for us. Every time we go onto the chat a new agent is there and the excuses are never ending as to why things went wrong and promises that it would be sorted. Still nothing sorted.

The last agent Soumya Y was actually helpful and he personally promised to get this sorted for us, so again another ticket was created and again he asked for all the reports which we supplied (5th time) two days later a reply is made to the ticket saying the following:

Hello Rudy,

Hope you are doing great!

I understand that you would like to receive reports in a particular format. Please share the format and also let us know if you do not wish to receive any report so that I can check and disable it from the backend.

Awaiting your response!

You can see why we are over Adroll, they clearly don’t have a ticket system that shares any history. To-date our issues are still not sorted which will now result in us moving away to other providers with better service and pricing. It’s a real shame you treat your clients this way. We will also be sharing this in a marketing forum we sponsor with over 5000 marketers, many of which also use Adroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont use them, once you have a problem, good luck!

Re-targeting solution's

AdRoll review by Mark  S.
Mark S.

"Adroll will give you a very good ROI"

What do you like best?

Adroll is pretty easy to set up and your ads go live very quickly. Adroll will get your message onto large websites and we have received many comments about that from our customers. Some have said they see us everywhere. We setup a couple of campaigns so we can switch between them to help avoid ad fatigue throughout the month.

What do you dislike?

Not really something that I dislike but Adroll does require image ads to be created in order to run your ads, but you can purchase them online if you don't have a designer in-house. We recommend that you create at least 2 campaigns worth of ad images so you can rotate them throughout the month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they do have a minimum monthly ad spend amount, I advise you to try Adroll and not just rely on Facebook ads or retargeting ads. This really helps you stay in front of potential customers as they surf around on different websites online.

People these days need to see your message multiple times typically before they will buy. When you use Adroll, you open up another channel to show people ads and drive them back to your website, shopping cart, or whatever. We sell a pretty large ticket item and will see at least one more sale per month for a minimal ad spend.

AdRoll review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"Easy to use to accomplish goals"

What do you like best?

I like how simple AdRoll is. The buttons are very clear so you know exactly what you're clicking into and where to go. It's also a clean platform in general so there's not a lot to distract you. For the times when paying a designer and working with someone outside your agency is going to take too long, AdRoll will do it for you. They have an easy in-house design team which can save time and stress. Their attribution tab is helpful too when it's set up properly to see how retargeting is helping push your leads through the funnel - especially helpful when connected to a marketing automation/CRM like HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

I like that it's simple but sometimes it seems too simple. AdRoll claims to be an ABM platform, but I think they're missing some of the strategic pieces of ABM. It's like they claim ABM to be pick your companies and promote to them - that's any sales person's strategy already...

We are using AdRoll to get in front of potential customers who aren't engaging with email as we'd like them to. AdRoll is meant to help keep us relevant without being too pushy. So far, we haven't set super high budgets so the results aren't super high which is normal. But, we have gotten some feedback that our potential customers have seen our reach online which is promising.

AdRoll review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Demand Generation via AdRoll"

What do you like best?

The network that Adroll was able to roll out to was its strongest feature. One place to update and monitor ads across such a broad network was very appealing.

What do you dislike?

The system's reporting seemed finniky... The numbers just weren't adding up to what we were seeing in terms of leads entering the system, seemed like too many view through's. We also were not able to segment out particular publishers well, or it would be serving on very irrelavent websites (people would send feedback even after we specifically blacklisted).

We were able to roll out ads quickly to a huge network and spend a lot of money naturally. What we got in return was medium to low quality leads and a lot of clicks but not form fills.. Seemed tough to pull the right leads, maybe because the network is a little too broad.

AdRoll review by Lisa  M.
Lisa M.

"Great retargeting tool for B2B companies"

What do you like best?

It is helpful that AdRoll is integrated with Marketo - this makes it easy to reach not only web visitors but database leads. Overall the inventory that AdRoll is able to get is good and we are able to reach all of our target audiences easily.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvements to the billing system. I wish it was easier to do monthly invoicing without managed services

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a more expensive solution than some other retargeting services but it has more robust capabilities and appears to have stronger inventory/reach

We are able to better nurture our leads given that we can reach both web visitors and database leads through display and Facebook ads.

AdRoll review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"A Cautionary Tale About Using AdRoll"

What do you like best?

Full service management and increased access to premium inventory were big selling points, but not a single campaign went live through our AdRoll reps without tracking errors, billing issues and lack of follow-through from their account teams. Our spend levels were high, which makes me wonder how much worse the customer service would have been if we were just spending a few thousand dollars per month.

What do you dislike?

Despite what they claim, AdRoll's interface is inefficient and their customer service is beyond awful. Classic over-promise and under-deliver. The overall experience was super frustrating and ended up being a huge waste of time for my company. They have managed to be successful despite the bad UI and inept account teams because they have become too big to fail. Not to mention we had 6 contacts in 4 months with little-to-no knowledge transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend looking elsewhere for retargeting solutions. It may have started out as a leader, but it has become a big, slow, poorly managed organization. Their support teams are overworked and under-qualified, so it's really not realistic to rely on them. This would be ok if the interface was more efficient, but it's slow and very manual.

We were looking for a programmatic ad platform to help manage and optimize our client's remarketing campaigns. The performance they reported was strong, but after looking at Google Analytics and other measurement tools, it became obvious that AdRoll's attribution model gives their ads far more credit than they deserve.

AdRoll review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Good tool, but at mercy of account managers"

What do you like best?

Ability to create custom audiences based on site behavior or CRM lists is pretty robust. Custom attribution and credit settings are helpful to assess the true impact of your campaigns.

Ad creative support is helpful when things get busy!

What do you dislike?

The AdRoll's tag allows some third-parties piggybacks, which you don't have any control or easy visibility into. This can be a security issue as you don't know what they are injecting on your site.

Numerous changes in account management. Some better than others. This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly.

Poor

Pushing prospects down our funnels and keeping the brand front of mind during the consideration period with retargeting ads.

AdRoll review by User in Information Technology and Services

"AdRoll is great for brand awareness and getting your company's name all over the web. "

What do you like best?

I like that AdRoll allows you to advertise on both Facebook and Web, and that you can pull lists from your marketing automation platform. I like that you can send ads to your target accounts vs just sending to a bunch of random prospects that may or may not fit your buyer personas.

What do you dislike?

I know many people say that AdRoll is good for lead gen, but I have not had that experience with it. I don't view it as a lead gen tool because I don't see a lot of conversions from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The success I have seen with AdRoll is not lead gen, so do not get this product thinking it will increase lead gen. AdRoll is great for brand awareness which leads to lead gen.

Brand awareness. I've notices that AdRoll has been great in getting our brand out there across the web and on Facebook. The impressions we are getting are great. It makes getting brand awareness for your company easy.

AdRoll review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Adroll is a great tool for a low price"

What do you like best?

I use Adroll through Springbot and I like that it is very user-friendly. It is not overly complicated to add images and the sizes are readily available for you to see and then create. I like how quickly I am able to see one of my ads online and the way it targets me as a customer which confirms to me that it is indeed working. This may be a Springbot characteristic but I do like the platform to see all of the stats I need in order to see how well the ads are doing and if they are doing poorly I can just easily improve my ads or create brand new ones.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more options with the dynamic ads. There seems to be very few options on how they look but that may possibly be in the works for an update. This may also be a Springbot characteristic, when you have created an ad it is a little hard to see what ad is in the list unless you have titled it well. Even if you have titled it well it would be nice to have a quick glance at an icon of what you have created. That way you do not have to go searching through each ad to get to a particular one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool to use if you are on a budget. I am not sure if this is just a benefit through what we use it through which is Springbot but as a small company we have been able to use it with a very low budget.

The business problems we are solving with Adroll is trying to build our brand awareness online and just getting more eyes on our product. We have seen some profit through our adroll ads and have been satisfied with the service so far.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Easy affordable tool for staying top-of-mind"

What do you like best?

For those of us in markets that have long sales cycles, it's really important to stay top-of-mind so that when the client is ready, we are among the first people they think of. Adroll helps us keep in touch with folks who have recently visited the site. Even if they're not clicking, they're not forgetting we're here.

What do you dislike?

I recently learned that Safari is imposing restrictions Adroll (and perhaps other remarketing tools) that sets a short timeframe on our ability to advertise after someone has visited the site. This currently represents 20% of our website traffic, so that's a bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider more than the clicks and impressions, but figure in the use of Adroll to the overall measurement of a campaign. It's hard to evaluate the impact of the impressions without taking into account the overall success.

We are careful to only reach out to our audiences with useful content so as not spam our valuable leads, but we need to remain top-of-mind throughout our long sales cycle. Adroll helps us do this. Furthermore, we have seen a relevant uptick in webinar registrations since we've begun promoting them through Adroll.

AdRoll review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Good tool for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The learning curve for AdRoll is very simple and the ad design process straight forward. It is easy to edit ad campaigns and make adjustments with a short approval process.

AdRoll is also more lenient than other services like Google AdWords with who they let use remarketing. For example, in working with an optometrist we were disapproved with AdWords but approved with AdRoll.

What do you dislike?

My main problem with AdRoll is they are much more expensive then other services. This largely has to do with the broad targeting capabilities and charge per impression (versus per click).

Retargeting. We use AdRoll to follow up with website visitors that didn't convert on the initial visit.

AdRoll review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"Set up and manage campaigns with ease!"

What do you like best?

If you have a small retargeting campaign you would like to run - Adroll is the perfect tool for you. Easily upload creative, assign a budget, and choose an audience, upload your Adroll pixel to your site and your retargeting campaign is ready to go. Don't have an in house designer or creative? No worries - Adroll also does this free of charge if you need it. Reporting is super easy and transparent.

What do you dislike?

Upon first using the tool it was a little confusing as to what Adroll considered a conversion opposed to what we consider a conversion. Ask your account rep to walk you through the process and it becomes way easier to understand.

We have realized that at least 10% of our new customers have come from these retargeting programs since launching. They are prepped and educated on our product as opposed to someone new passing by. The platform is easy to use and manage so it frees up a lot of time on my end.

AdRoll review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"AdRoll Keeps Cross-Channel Advertising Simple"

What do you like best?

As an agency, we use AdRoll to manage multiple cross-channel accounts. It is very simple to manage all our client accounts. We can set budgets, select channels and track all the data in one place. It's great because each client has its own advertising needs. AdRoll makes it easy. Their support is great too.

What do you dislike?

We did have an issue with one client where AdRoll didn't recognize the tracking pixel. I'd recommend using Google Tag Manager when implementing the pixel. That always works. The reporting could be a bit deeper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all your ads align across all channels. Keep the user experience consistent, even if they see an ad from another channel outside of AdRoll.

We can give our client visibility across all their channel partners. Sometimes you can feel "locked in" by AdWords. AdRoll gives smaller agencies a chance to increase ad visibility and conversions through channels we may not have been able to utilize.

AdRoll review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Fantastic platform, very flexible"

What do you like best?

This is one of the few platforms that we can deploy for a client regardless of budget, and push really great results. Lots of different ways to segment and use data and lots of ways to meet a client goal.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I would say is that AdRoll can sometimes be more stringent on content guidelines than the actual ad networks themselves, especially with regard to ads of a medical or legal nature. There are clients, for example, where I can get a remarketing ad approved directly via Facebook but not via AdRoll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a lot of thought to your audience, you likely don't want to target EVERYONE who comes to your site, we generally start by making the standard audience people with 1-3 pageviews.

This is one of the tools we love to use to help clients extend a conversation with their customer who did not necessarily convert on the first site visit. There are lots of reasons that an interested party may abandon a site before purchase, tools like AdRoll help us get them back.

AdRoll review by Dana N.
Dana N.

"Great service with potential in acct reps"

What do you like best?

Adroll makes selecting advertising goals and pushing ads to certain target easy as a couple clicks of the button. Having a bi annual check in with our rep is great!

What do you dislike?

However, I would like more personal touch points with our account rep and hands on based on what the service provides. We are a small marketing team and don’t have the luxury of one person focusing solely on advertising so having the support we are supposed to get would be helpful.

Digital advertising and prospecting customers through advertising

AdRoll review by John W.
John W.

"AdRoll B2C Retargeting"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool to get new customers, by pulling them further into the decision-making process making sure our brand is always on their minds.

value for money

features

ease of use

cross-device, cross-platform retargeting

reports & analytics

What do you dislike?

customer service response times can be slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is one of the best platforms for retargeting. It does have a wide network of global websites for ads in English, and it also has some effective tools for email targeting and Facebook ads. Their customer support is their weakest link. They lack media space in countries where English is not the main language.

increase website eCommerce conversion rates

AdRoll review by Shawn P.
Shawn P.

"OK to start, not for scale"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for prospecting and remarketing, please a great support tool in the stack.

What do you dislike?

Not built for scale, I had issues when I'd try to segment out user groups, refine data parameters about the user groups we were targeting, and essentially just scaling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great support tool, use it as such. If you are running a larger campaign then this tool will work OK for you.

We were growing and launching bigger and bigger campaigns, we needed support to prospect and remarket to consumers. Adroll wasn't able to deliver the results we wanted, it's a great tool don't get me wrong, but it wasn't for us. We made it work a few times but then moved.

AdRoll review by Duraid S.
Duraid S.

"A Powerful Retargeting Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup new campaigns, and the campaign performance seems to be better than just using Facebook/AdWords for remarketing, so I highly recommend trying it.

What do you dislike?

I tried the CRM retargeting feature in the past and the reach wasn't that good, so I don't really use that feature anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're currently using Facebook or AdWords for your remarketing campaigns, I highly recommend testing AdRoll and comparing the performance of your remarketing campaigns in AdRoll vs. justusing Facebook/Adwords.

Reaching and nurturing more people in our target audience through remarketing campaigns.

AdRoll review by Julio M.
Julio M.

"AdRoll is incredibly easy and intuitive to use."

What do you like best?

What makes AdRoll incredibly powerful are the available integrations. You can not only connect your social media platform, website, but also Hubspot and utilize email as a retargeting method.

What do you dislike?

Not much, but if I had to really pick - I would say agency rep. Sometimes I would like a bit more value in terms of how to increase our impact for our clients.

It's just easier to utilize one platform that can cover website, email, and social platforms for retargeting.

AdRoll review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Appears to work well on paper, skeptical of actual attribution."

What do you like best?

Fairly simple setup, ads look decent. and it does appear to be effective according to their interface.

What do you dislike?

Skeptical of View-thru conversion attribution, as with any Display campaign, it is difficult to gauge the actual impact "seeing" the ad has in the purchase process. Support is not great & never hear from our "Account Manager" since day 1. Also, it is difficult to make edits to your own ads and it is preferred if you reach out to a rep for any revisions due to their approval process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to cross reference other Revenue analytics & keep an eye on impact it has on revenue from returning visitors, which IMO would be a better measure of effectiveness.

Retargeting users with the exact products they've shown interest on previously. Facebook appears to have a better return than the general web

AdRoll review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Versatile Display Ad Platform"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is a solid platform that makes it very simple to manage our display ad campaigns for both prospecting and retargeting across web display channels and Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that we had a bit more control over the specifics of where and how things ran, more blacklisting and whitelisting control, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely work closely with your account manager, they'll do a lot to help make sure you understand what you can be doing with AdRoll

Main thing is having a centralized hub for our display campaigns across multiple channels, and also keeping track of FB.

AdRoll review by Dipti B.
Dipti B.

"Easy to use and intuitive "

What do you like best?

Customisation ability of the visual ads is easy and efficient.

Reach beyond google - the reach is not limited to just Google and spreads across the multiple channels is a big plus for AdRoll.

Account management and support teams are always available to help and discuss new ideas which makes innovation and creativity achievable.

When it comes to re-targeting, found it cheaper than using AdWords and more efficient in reaching a larger range of audiences.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see them expand into other aspects of advertising, not just re-marketing and re-targeting ads.

Scalable yet cost effective re-targeting campaigns and look-alike audiences mechanism is very useful and authentic.

AdRoll review by Tenika S.
Tenika S.

"AWESOME and DIFFERENT"

What do you like best?

I liked the many operations and interactive features of adroll and especially enjoyed using it for my laborious work around the office and i would probably end up recommending it to my friends and their friends and family and once I'm finishing writing this, i just might.

What do you dislike?

There was really nothing to dislike, it's smooth and crisp i mean yeah at first it was a little trick to understand and i got frusturated at it many times and almost quitted and almost chose something else but then i realized it's perfect the way it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT and you will not fail, I PROMISE YOU THAT OR MY NAME ISN"T TENIKA SMITH!!!!

It makes managing things alittle more easier and i like that

AdRoll review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"A great Display Ad tool"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is perfect if you're looking for a third-party tool to manage your Display Advertising campaigns. It has some really interesting features such as automated emails based on cart abandonment. They also offer a free ad design service to help you get setup.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to know exactly where you're advertising and it's not quite as transparent in that area as the Google Display Network (GDN) is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're struggling to manage all of your Display and Retargeting campaigns then this tool is definitely worth it. However, it does take some time to get used to and learn your way around.

Bringing together all of your Display advertising needs into one product in an affordable way, whilst allowing you to retarget website visitors too.

AdRoll review by Administrator

"A great way to try multiple marketing channels without a big markeitng team"

What do you like best?

I highly value the fact that you can connect all the tools / services and profit from all their strong sites at once within one single plattform.

Adroll helped our company to realize that by using GA and only last click we have overseen a lot of potential, since many channels within our marketing mix might not be the final cause for a conversion yet they are needed for a conversion to happen. Yet we were constantly taking budget away from them, since we were using only last klick conversion.

What do you dislike?

The begining was a bit bumpy for us. Connecting all our services etc wasn't really easy. Also it requiered quite a lot of investment and it was a strugle to convince the managemnet that we need it. I think more success stories here would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use adroll again if I need to scale my business by using multiple digital advertising plattforms and without having the needed team behind me.

There are businesses where it is a matter of channel diversification and you don't need that much of a fine tuning in every channel. In this case AdRoll represents a very good scaling solution.

Lack of men power. It allows us to serve more ad plattforms like Facebook, Google Adwords but also smaller ones, which we would have otherwize just ignored due to lackof ressources. At the same time and be better in our success attribution.

We are moving away from purely last klick attribution and currently test othe attribution models thanks to adroll.

AdRoll review by User in Higher Education

"Solid starting point for retargeting"

What do you like best?

The platform is pretty easy to use and the account managers used to do most of the set up for you. It's very easy to set budgets and keep track of monthly spend.

We primarily use this for Facebook retargeting and it is (or at least was when we started) easier than their native platform.

What do you dislike?

The actual interface is not user friendly. It has actually gotten worse with their redesigns. Managing individual campaigns can be a real pain, and it's weird about building out ads (it will limit you to 90 characters which is no longer Facebook's limit for a post).

We also ran into an issue recently where new ads never started showing and very old ads were showing. Frustrating, but our account rep and their team got it fixed pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See how easy you can manage the native platforms. If it's difficult to manage through the traditional routes, Adroll is a great way to consolidate and manage things from a relatively easy to use platform. If they can fix their UI a bit (which should be easy considering it used to be great), it will be a great platform again.

We are using Adroll for Facebook retargeting. We tried it for Google but weren't getting a strong ROI. Adroll has made our Facebook retargeting easy and makes it easier to track DO I.

AdRoll review by Clayson S.
Clayson S.

"Watch your budget limits"

What do you like best?

The user inferface was easy to use and provided good insights. into customer interactions. Initial setup was easy and they walked us through that.

What do you dislike?

We have used AdRoll for almost 2 years now and had been very happy with them. We had seen some changes in our site traffic and the conversion and ROI on our AdRoll retargeting campaigns began to suffer. We scaled back our advertising dollars until we could optimize the ads and get back to having a profitable campaign. Once we scaled back our budget we realized that the next week they were charging us almost double what our budget was. When I contacted support they said the budget didn't match the amount of visitors to your site and so our algorithm exceed the budget to accommodate the other visitors. When asked what if they could set a hard budget line and give us a refund for the over spent amount (only about $50) they said the only solution was to increase our budget, and they would not give us a refund.

It was very useful in the beginning to however it wasn't flexible enough for us as our needs changed.

Administrator in Internet

"Great for basic, static ads. Difficult otherwise"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of ways you could create an audience. Use lists from your CRM, specify URLs customers hit or didnt hit, etc. This makes it very easy for us to slice and dice our audience. I also like the ability to quickly and upload new ads at any point.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to get information out of the "black box" that is their infrastructure. We also have difficulties getting their technical end to work with our development teams to get proper pixels set up so we can perform more than just basic tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic tracking with static ads, Adroll is very good for that purpose.

We are remarketing in ways not previously possible, which is extremely important to our business.

Administrator in Internet

"Much better results in Google Display Network"

What do you like best?

The ads look really good compared to Google Display Network. Lots of size options to fit all kinds of ad spaces. Adroll's customer service is also very good, with timely and personable responses.

What do you dislike?

We are getting far better results with GDN., which is unexpected...and disappointing. We're talking about conversions that are 20-50x less expensive on GDN than AdRoll. AdRoll still tries to take credit for the few "view through" conversions they delivered, but that number was still much, much lower than the click through conversions in GDN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use (the free) Google Display Network instead...unless you want to use an email ist.

We are able to use an email list to show ads to users. We can't do this with GDN (unless they are Gmail ads).

Administrator in Internet

"Good targeting but a little buggy"

What do you like best?

Design is more approachable than working directly on Facebook or other display platforms I've used . Targeting and audience building features are simple and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Platform seems buggier more than usual. After updating campaigns and adding, removing ads you might lose all of your work. Conversion tracking is unreliable and when I had to reduce spend due to these bugs, after reporting said bugs and trying to help CS troubleshoot, we were demoted without warning to a lower customer support package. Also, deleting ad groups should be an easier feature.

Bulk ad creation and easy targeting/retargeting options and list-building on Facebook.

AdRoll review by Ramon K.
Ramon K.

"Easy to use, track and implement campaings "

What do you like best?

Display advertising and re targeting can be a pain to set up. Before we brought it in house, we used AdRoll because of its simple to use platform, easy to understand reporting and pricing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the product was great. It somewhat overlaps if you use other ad networks directly which is not really a con but if you use them exclusively, then its a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep using it, it works!

Being able to re-target and send messages to prospective clients. Saved us time in the setup because of how easy it was to use and tracking results was very easy with its nice dashboard.

AdRoll review by Allison Y.
Allison Y.

"Easy Remarketing Solution For Advertising On Many Websites"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is a great way to programmaticaly buy ad space across the internet. Smart targeting insures that only relevant leads get routed to your website. Very easy to set up the retargeting pixel on your site.

What do you dislike?

They need better documentation. It's hard to understand and not user-friendly for first time users. I have to reach out to support every now and then.

Visual ads around the internet

AdRoll review by Nathan O.
Nathan O.

"AdRoll is a simple tool for complicated tasks."

What do you like best?

Though Adroll describe themselves as "part data geek, part marketing whiz," you don't have to worry about either of those things when you use their platform - retargeting can be as simple as adding a list of users, uploading an ad, and choosing a site to send them to.

What do you dislike?

While Adroll is a quick and easy tool, all of its features are often crowded into one view, making it feel overwhelming. More advanced features should be hidden, or grouped elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be overwhelmed--even though all the features are right there in front of you, you can use as few or as many as you want.

Adroll helps us specifically target users across platforms.

AdRoll review by Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.

"Adroll makes retargeting easier "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. You can easily upload ads and create segments based on pages people have visited. It's easy to exclude traffic. Also have the option to retarget on Facebook which is especially great for my company because we target social media users.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to track conversions when the conversion isn't a specific landing page - must insert specific code to the page you want to track which can get repetitive if you're running multiple campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for when you want to retarget users on Facebook and other networks that Google Analytics doesn't offer.

Retargeting website visitors to try our free tools and sign up.

AdRoll review by Yahira M.
Yahira M.

"Not worth the illusion of ease"

What do you like best?

AdRoll has a really simple interface which was easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service is sub-par. They have this "chat support" that is VERY underwhelming. If you have a very simple question, it is beneficial. However, once we started to experience technical errors on the system's part and not user error, that's when my experience went to alright to "I never want to book money with this system again". You never get any contact information, or a support ticket or anything that you'd assume to get with any digital platform you work with. It's been extremely frustrating and now there has been broken trust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another company.

Our client utilizes a lot of different digital platforms to reach prospective students, we want to try to capture their attention as much as possible. I've noticed through analytics that retargeting has helped to boost our efforts greatly and I will continue to search for a simple software we can trust.

AdRoll review by User

"Trying to get around $3000 confirmed credit balance back IMPOSSIBLE AVOID AT ALL COST"

What do you like best?

Not much to be honest. The account manager when you launch is great and then that guy just disappears. They are geared to spend money quickly. The system is easy to launch and pixel also easy.

What do you dislike?

The are terrible to refund you money that you are owed. The money is a confirmed credit balance however it takes countless emails and they still have not refunded. Its got to this stage where they claim they did not receive any emails although you get a confirmation that they received it. I would not trust this company with large campaigns maybe less then $1000.00 but big budgets forget it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

avoid if you have a larget budget. Alarm bells are ringing at our company they have avoided paying out a $3000 credit balance. I guess very small budgets it might be okay but anything bigger I would strongly advise avoiding this company. Its the usual no email received although we have confirmations etc just terrible stick with the others. I would be surprised if they are still around in a few years

I target quiet a few visitors in a short time. I prefer Facebook retargeting at least with them you know they are financially secure and they will not mess around with money owed.

AdRoll review by Jake Rasmussen, D.
Jake Rasmussen, D.

"Streamlined and Dependable"

What do you like best?

AdRoll easily allows you to create custom segments of web users based upon their actions on your website. It is super easy to start, pause, and end campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The billing system is hard to understand when needing to report marketing spends. It forces you to pre-pay for a campaign. If you pause or end the campaign then the budget messes up.

AdRoll allows us to re-engage potential customers across the internet and Facebook. We enjoy their reporting system so we can track the effectiveness of our efforts with AdRoll.

AdRoll review by Rich G.
Rich G.

"AdRoll was easy to use but avg results"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the best feature. The user interface is intuitive, easy to navigate and understand.

What do you dislike?

Ad placement was clear. When running display or retargeting ads through here, it was difficult to find and control where the ads were placed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is worth trying out. A lot of the results will depend on the type of ads you develop and run through the service.

We're tackling product visibility and customer retention. We have seen a mild increase in return customers from remarking efforts through AdRoll.

"Highly Automated"

What do you like best?

This software makes entry into the programmatic world very easy. Taking away all the levers off programmatic and making users make minimal decisions is what makes this platform so powerful. It's unique mix of simple levers and access to multiple ad networks makes this a quick win for SMBs.

What do you dislike?

As your marketing becomes more complex this platform becomes hard to scale. As prospecting and retargeting needs become more defined the levers needed aren't there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your marketing needs a year out before using this product.

You'll find an instant partner who can help you with retargeting and making it simple to understand.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Extreme low confidence with CRM Re-targeting "

What do you like best?

Adroll does a decent job at web retargeting for lead gen. But it has been about 2+ years and things may have changed with their capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Running a CRM campaign retargeting audiences in our CRM database (marketo) and there is zero reach to our targeted audience as confirmed by our Marketo instance but their platform shows 18 engagements. However, we are seeing 84 anonymous leads click through meaning they're reaching outside of our target audience. What's funny is we have an inactive facebook campaign but yet it's somehow delivering ads. It's very strange. I do not trust that Adroll is actually reaching this set of email audience and have paused the campaign.

FYI - Do know that you have to END the campaign so that you're not billed further but ending the campaign would require you to build up from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere first. Do a quick, inexpensive test.

Very basic. CRM list / Email Re-targeting to nurture prospects. AdRoll struggles.

AdRoll review by User in Computer Software

"Over promised and under delivered"

What do you like best?

In theory that they had their own prospecting database and would do all the work to manage retargeting campaigns.

What do you dislike?

From start to finish what was promised was not delivered - first was the results they expected. In our initial conversations they were very positive but still "underestimated" expected results, to cover themselves I'm sure. Despite the low predictions the actual results were far below even that. The majority of the "conversions" we saw were post-click, and not verified by our marketing system which tracks up to 90 days. Facebook ads had zero results, prospecting was all post-click, and retargeting conversions were most successful from visitors to our trial signup page - which is false since at that point they'd already signed up so the conversion was not actually attributable to adroll.

Further we were told on multiple occasions during the sales cycle and onboarding that we would have regular follow ups with the team and they would be constantly working to improve our stats. After the initial call 2 weeks into launch we never heard from them. We had to follow up and ask what was going on after our conversions dropped to nothing in the second month, they scrambled and made excuses and still nothing changed - and no further efforts to follow up or make adjustments to the campaigns.

Overall a huge disappointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very wary of their promises and keep an eye on the metrics - you can't rely on what they say they are getting for conversions, their definition of a conversion is skewed and in our experience the majority are post-click conversions that never actually made it through to the marketing site and therefore couldn't be verified (but you still pay for them).

We were trying to offload the work of managing retargeting campaigns and improve results. No benefits realized, just wasted time and money.

AdRoll review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Platform is Okay, Customer Service is Poor"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to setup and use for retargeting.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is horrible. Don't expect anyone to fix anything for you quickly even if you are in the agency tier and spend quite a bit of money. Was told I could expect a fix in 1 business day, took almost two months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is an easy to use retargeting platform. You can be setup and running within a day. However, don't expect quality customer service. Hard to get anyone to actually pick up the phone to call you. Reps seem scared of the phone. Even when management steps in the service is mediocre at best. Takes too long to resolve issues.

Retargeting.

AdRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Retargeting, Lead Generation Lacking"

What do you like best?

Adroll has a great centralized platform that let's marketers retarget users across a variety of channels from adwords, to social media, etc., I like having the ability to manage both facebook and adwords from one account.

What do you dislike?

In terms of bringing in new leads for our company we never had much success with Adroll. They were very expensive and didn't seem to have the same capabilities that we saw with Adwords in terms of targeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to the costs, really consider your ROI before using adroll to generate new (non-retargeted leads). Also it is important to have multi touch attribution setup before starting with Adroll so you can see the impact retargeting has on other traffic sources like organic and direct.

The benefits are that you can manage all your efforts in one place and that you are able to take learnings from one campaign on search traffic and apply the learnings to social (and vice versa).

AdRoll review by Alan H.
Alan H.

"Horrid Service Soo Far"

What do you like best?

Hard to say, sales rep was nice I guess.

What do you dislike?

Started to use on Tuesday, have not been able to login since then, myself or others in my office who have separate accounts. Tried daily and have been emailing back and forth with Tom and Hollie our sales rep and her manager. Tom says tech support is working on it, for days really?? Changed the card on file for the service yet it billed the old card somehow! If the company can't manage you being able to login, very concerned about their capabilities

Trying them for retargeting.

Learning about AdRoll?

* We monitor all AdRoll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.