AdRoll

Showing 172 AdRoll reviews
AdRoll review by <span>Kristin B.</span>
Kristin B.

AdRoll in the B2B marketplace

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and make any edits as needed. I also like:

-easy to understand

-good visuals on the dashboard

-easy to see how many impressions are being generated

-similar feel to other Google products (with date range options)

-ease of use

-ability to integrate with our customer database for targeting efforts

What do you dislike?

We have had a lot of issues with complying to the privacy policy requirements--we use ads for clients and cannot always control the wording of their privacy policies. It varies and we have not been able to find clear reasons why a campaign may be rejected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdRoll is a very cheap marketing option. We have been able to ad this into most of our Marketing campaigns for little cost out of pocket. The best part is that it is seen as very valuable by our clients and a huge selling feature.

We want to target our niche audiences off of our website. AdRoll has easily made this possible. We can also see what sites the ads are being viewed on.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AdRoll
AdRoll review by <span>Katie F.</span>
Katie F.

Great Retargeting Capabilities, Lacking Great UX

What do you like best?

I like the variety of retargeting capabilities on Adroll--particularly the CRM retargeting. Now that they've re-vamped the CRM integration, it's even a bit better. It used to be that I couldn't add additional lists from our Salesforce or HubSpot accounts after the initial setup. Now, I can add new lists from HubSpot relatively easily.

What do you dislike?

Adroll is no longer supporting their Salesforce CRM integration, which is a real bummer! It is also a somewhat slow platform and just generally navigating around the platform and getting answers to questions isn't entirely intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge, Adroll is the best platform currently available for a broad set of retargeting capabilities. I only know this because I've gotten so fed up with Adroll on a couple of occasions that I've researched other options. Resigning to this, it is a decent tool for marketers. Just know that they are no longer supporting their integration with Salesforce (they have a legacy integration that is not being serviced & doesn't work particularly well. You can only set up your retargeting lists at the time you are setting up the integration, so plan ahead!) I am able to work around this handicap using my HubSpot integration, so it's not a complete deal-breaker for me.

Marketing, advertising, retargeting website visitors and target accounts mainly. Also experimenting a little bit with customer/user engagement.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

AdRoll review by <span>Lisa  M.</span>
Lisa M.

Great retargeting tool for B2B companies

What do you like best?

It is helpful that AdRoll is integrated with Marketo - this makes it easy to reach not only web visitors but database leads. Overall the inventory that AdRoll is able to get is good and we are able to reach all of our target audiences easily.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvements to the billing system. I wish it was easier to do monthly invoicing without managed services

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a more expensive solution than some other retargeting services but it has more robust capabilities and appears to have stronger inventory/reach

We are able to better nurture our leads given that we can reach both web visitors and database leads through display and Facebook ads.

AdRoll review by <span>Adam L.</span>
Adam L.

A Cautionary Tale About Using AdRoll

What do you like best?

Full service management and increased access to premium inventory were big selling points, but not a single campaign went live through our AdRoll reps without tracking errors, billing issues and lack of follow-through from their account teams. Our spend levels were high, which makes me wonder how much worse the customer service would have been if we were just spending a few thousand dollars per month.

What do you dislike?

Despite what they claim, AdRoll's interface is inefficient and their customer service is beyond awful. Classic over-promise and under-deliver. The overall experience was super frustrating and ended up being a huge waste of time for my company. They have managed to be successful despite the bad UI and inept account teams because they have become too big to fail. Not to mention we had 6 contacts in 4 months with little-to-no knowledge transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend looking elsewhere for retargeting solutions. It may have started out as a leader, but it has become a big, slow, poorly managed organization. Their support teams are overworked and under-qualified, so it's really not realistic to rely on them. This would be ok if the interface was more efficient, but it's slow and very manual.

We were looking for a programmatic ad platform to help manage and optimize our client's remarketing campaigns. The performance they reported was strong, but after looking at Google Analytics and other measurement tools, it became obvious that AdRoll's attribution model gives their ads far more credit than they deserve.

AdRoll review by <span>Kelly S.</span>
Kelly S.

Good tool, but at mercy of account managers

What do you like best?

Ability to create custom audiences based on site behavior or CRM lists is pretty robust. Custom attribution and credit settings are helpful to assess the true impact of your campaigns.

Ad creative support is helpful when things get busy!

What do you dislike?

The AdRoll's tag allows some third-parties piggybacks, which you don't have any control or easy visibility into. This can be a security issue as you don't know what they are injecting on your site.

Numerous changes in account management. Some better than others. This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly.

Poor

Pushing prospects down our funnels and keeping the brand front of mind during the consideration period with retargeting ads.

AdRoll review by User in Information Technology and Services

AdRoll is great for brand awareness and getting your company's name all over the web.

What do you like best?

I like that AdRoll allows you to advertise on both Facebook and Web, and that you can pull lists from your marketing automation platform. I like that you can send ads to your target accounts vs just sending to a bunch of random prospects that may or may not fit your buyer personas.

What do you dislike?

I know many people say that AdRoll is good for lead gen, but I have not had that experience with it. I don't view it as a lead gen tool because I don't see a lot of conversions from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The success I have seen with AdRoll is not lead gen, so do not get this product thinking it will increase lead gen. AdRoll is great for brand awareness which leads to lead gen.

Brand awareness. I've notices that AdRoll has been great in getting our brand out there across the web and on Facebook. The impressions we are getting are great. It makes getting brand awareness for your company easy.

Learning about AdRoll?

* We monitor all AdRoll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.