AdRoll

3.6

Since 2007, AdRoll has been on a mission to help businesses compete online and grow revenue. Ambitious commerce brands use the AdRoll E-commerce Growth Platform to make their display, social and email advertising work together to accelerate business growth. Powered by industry-leading automation and personalization, brands are better able to structure, measure and sync their marketing efforts. Built for performance, our Growth Platform sees 37,000 customers generate more than $246 billion in sales annually.

Work for AdRoll?

Learning about AdRoll?

AdRoll Reviews

Showing 243 AdRoll reviews
AdRoll review by Martin L.
Martin L.

"Probably good for beginners or non-marketers"

What do you like best?

Installation of the pixel is pretty easy. Beyond that, I wasn't a fan of much.

What do you dislike?

Starting with the setup and creation of ads, to management, to reporting - everything was a bit awkward and unnecessarily complicated. I've worked in a few DSPs at agencies and they were much clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If (like us) you don't have the monthly spend to qualify for a DSP and you'd prefer not to use an agency, then I'd recommend considering alternatives. We're moving off Adroll and we'll be managing our efforts on select social media networks, Google, and Bing. It takes more time, but ultimately it will net better results at a lower CPA for our business.

We're a medium sized business and we wanted a stop gap for remarketing/retargeting and display advertising during our digital transformation. We don't have the spend to qualify for a DSP, but we wanted to manage everything in house. So Adroll fell right on our lap.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AdRoll
AdRoll review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"AdRoll in the B2B marketplace"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and make any edits as needed. I also like:

-easy to understand

-good visuals on the dashboard

-easy to see how many impressions are being generated

-similar feel to other Google products (with date range options)

-ease of use

-ability to integrate with our customer database for targeting efforts

What do you dislike?

We have had a lot of issues with complying to the privacy policy requirements--we use ads for clients and cannot always control the wording of their privacy policies. It varies and we have not been able to find clear reasons why a campaign may be rejected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdRoll is a very cheap marketing option. We have been able to ad this into most of our Marketing campaigns for little cost out of pocket. The best part is that it is seen as very valuable by our clients and a huge selling feature.

We want to target our niche audiences off of our website. AdRoll has easily made this possible. We can also see what sites the ads are being viewed on.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

AdRoll review by Katie F.
Katie F.

"Great Retargeting Capabilities, Lacking Great UX"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of retargeting capabilities on Adroll--particularly the CRM retargeting. Now that they've re-vamped the CRM integration, it's even a bit better. It used to be that I couldn't add additional lists from our Salesforce or HubSpot accounts after the initial setup. Now, I can add new lists from HubSpot relatively easily.

What do you dislike?

Adroll is no longer supporting their Salesforce CRM integration, which is a real bummer! It is also a somewhat slow platform and just generally navigating around the platform and getting answers to questions isn't entirely intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge, Adroll is the best platform currently available for a broad set of retargeting capabilities. I only know this because I've gotten so fed up with Adroll on a couple of occasions that I've researched other options. Resigning to this, it is a decent tool for marketers. Just know that they are no longer supporting their integration with Salesforce (they have a legacy integration that is not being serviced & doesn't work particularly well. You can only set up your retargeting lists at the time you are setting up the integration, so plan ahead!) I am able to work around this handicap using my HubSpot integration, so it's not a complete deal-breaker for me.

Marketing, advertising, retargeting website visitors and target accounts mainly. Also experimenting a little bit with customer/user engagement.

AdRoll review by Meghan B.
Meghan B.

"Adroll for Marketers"

What do you like best?

I switched from the program Outbrain to Adroll. The main reasons were ease of use, and clarity of the program. It is way more intuitive and simpler in how it presents all the information to the user.

I really enjoy their always-on facebook targetting, that was instantly setup and now just runs in the background without me having to really worry about it.

I also really enjoy the reporting functionality. I have automated emails that get sent to myself and various stakeholders in the company which provide various granular metrics on the ads performance, spend, and our ROAS.

In addition, to those great features, the dashboard is easy to use and understand. The user experience compared to the last program I used (Outbrain) is a thousand times better. So much more intuitive to use. On the first day of getting Adroll up and running, I was quickly able to get four campaigns up within minutes.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like about Adroll is that you once you delete a campaign it still shows up in your feed view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to any in-house team looking to control their small/medium sized budgets, and have full control over their spends.

I am trying to open new revenue channels/streams. I am expanded my marketplace to new people on various different media streams.

AdRoll review by Agency
Agency

"Worse customer service around"

What do you like best?

At this stage nothing, to begin with it was easy to use and generating report was easy, now nothing is easy and you are dealing with people from India that are agents

What do you dislike?

We have been using Adroll for many years and have spent thousands with them. For years we have been receiving the same reports for our clients in the same standard with no issues at all. Sometime last year is seems they shifted their whole operation to India and at the same time they decided to change the format of our reports without consulting us. We could no longer send the new format because it contained confidential information and our clients insisted on the same report they have been receiving for years.

As such the Odyssey with Adroll started. First we went on chat to explain the issue, we were told to create a ticket which we did. No response. Followed up on chat with another agent from India, they asked us to send the report we wanted and the one we didn’t want, so we did. A new ticket was created. Then the reports changed to different format and still not the same one we had before. So again, onto the chat and again a new agent asking for the same things.

This is now one year ago and we have still not managed to deal with the right people who can sort this out for us. Every time we go onto the chat a new agent is there and the excuses are never ending as to why things went wrong and promises that it would be sorted. Still nothing sorted.

The last agent Soumya Y was actually helpful and he personally promised to get this sorted for us, so again another ticket was created and again he asked for all the reports which we supplied (5th time) two days later a reply is made to the ticket saying the following:

Hello Rudy,

Hope you are doing great!

I understand that you would like to receive reports in a particular format. Please share the format and also let us know if you do not wish to receive any report so that I can check and disable it from the backend.

Awaiting your response!

You can see why we are over Adroll, they clearly don’t have a ticket system that shares any history. To-date our issues are still not sorted which will now result in us moving away to other providers with better service and pricing. It’s a real shame you treat your clients this way. We will also be sharing this in a marketing forum we sponsor with over 5000 marketers, many of which also use Adroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont use them, once you have a problem, good luck!

Re-targeting solution's

AdRoll review by Mark  S.
Mark S.

"Adroll will give you a very good ROI"

What do you like best?

Adroll is pretty easy to set up and your ads go live very quickly. Adroll will get your message onto large websites and we have received many comments about that from our customers. Some have said they see us everywhere. We setup a couple of campaigns so we can switch between them to help avoid ad fatigue throughout the month.

What do you dislike?

Not really something that I dislike but Adroll does require image ads to be created in order to run your ads, but you can purchase them online if you don't have a designer in-house. We recommend that you create at least 2 campaigns worth of ad images so you can rotate them throughout the month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they do have a minimum monthly ad spend amount, I advise you to try Adroll and not just rely on Facebook ads or retargeting ads. This really helps you stay in front of potential customers as they surf around on different websites online.

People these days need to see your message multiple times typically before they will buy. When you use Adroll, you open up another channel to show people ads and drive them back to your website, shopping cart, or whatever. We sell a pretty large ticket item and will see at least one more sale per month for a minimal ad spend.

AdRoll review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"Easy to use to accomplish goals"

What do you like best?

I like how simple AdRoll is. The buttons are very clear so you know exactly what you're clicking into and where to go. It's also a clean platform in general so there's not a lot to distract you. For the times when paying a designer and working with someone outside your agency is going to take too long, AdRoll will do it for you. They have an easy in-house design team which can save time and stress. Their attribution tab is helpful too when it's set up properly to see how retargeting is helping push your leads through the funnel - especially helpful when connected to a marketing automation/CRM like HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

I like that it's simple but sometimes it seems too simple. AdRoll claims to be an ABM platform, but I think they're missing some of the strategic pieces of ABM. It's like they claim ABM to be pick your companies and promote to them - that's any sales person's strategy already...

We are using AdRoll to get in front of potential customers who aren't engaging with email as we'd like them to. AdRoll is meant to help keep us relevant without being too pushy. So far, we haven't set super high budgets so the results aren't super high which is normal. But, we have gotten some feedback that our potential customers have seen our reach online which is promising.

AdRoll review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Demand Generation via AdRoll"

What do you like best?

The network that Adroll was able to roll out to was its strongest feature. One place to update and monitor ads across such a broad network was very appealing.

What do you dislike?

The system's reporting seemed finniky... The numbers just weren't adding up to what we were seeing in terms of leads entering the system, seemed like too many view through's. We also were not able to segment out particular publishers well, or it would be serving on very irrelavent websites (people would send feedback even after we specifically blacklisted).

We were able to roll out ads quickly to a huge network and spend a lot of money naturally. What we got in return was medium to low quality leads and a lot of clicks but not form fills.. Seemed tough to pull the right leads, maybe because the network is a little too broad.

AdRoll review by Lisa  M.
Lisa M.

"Great retargeting tool for B2B companies"

What do you like best?

It is helpful that AdRoll is integrated with Marketo - this makes it easy to reach not only web visitors but database leads. Overall the inventory that AdRoll is able to get is good and we are able to reach all of our target audiences easily.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvements to the billing system. I wish it was easier to do monthly invoicing without managed services

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a more expensive solution than some other retargeting services but it has more robust capabilities and appears to have stronger inventory/reach

We are able to better nurture our leads given that we can reach both web visitors and database leads through display and Facebook ads.

AdRoll review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"A Cautionary Tale About Using AdRoll"

What do you like best?

Full service management and increased access to premium inventory were big selling points, but not a single campaign went live through our AdRoll reps without tracking errors, billing issues and lack of follow-through from their account teams. Our spend levels were high, which makes me wonder how much worse the customer service would have been if we were just spending a few thousand dollars per month.

What do you dislike?

Despite what they claim, AdRoll's interface is inefficient and their customer service is beyond awful. Classic over-promise and under-deliver. The overall experience was super frustrating and ended up being a huge waste of time for my company. They have managed to be successful despite the bad UI and inept account teams because they have become too big to fail. Not to mention we had 6 contacts in 4 months with little-to-no knowledge transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend looking elsewhere for retargeting solutions. It may have started out as a leader, but it has become a big, slow, poorly managed organization. Their support teams are overworked and under-qualified, so it's really not realistic to rely on them. This would be ok if the interface was more efficient, but it's slow and very manual.

We were looking for a programmatic ad platform to help manage and optimize our client's remarketing campaigns. The performance they reported was strong, but after looking at Google Analytics and other measurement tools, it became obvious that AdRoll's attribution model gives their ads far more credit than they deserve.

AdRoll review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Good tool, but at mercy of account managers"

What do you like best?

Ability to create custom audiences based on site behavior or CRM lists is pretty robust. Custom attribution and credit settings are helpful to assess the true impact of your campaigns.

Ad creative support is helpful when things get busy!

What do you dislike?

The AdRoll's tag allows some third-parties piggybacks, which you don't have any control or easy visibility into. This can be a security issue as you don't know what they are injecting on your site.

Numerous changes in account management. Some better than others. This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly.

Poor

Pushing prospects down our funnels and keeping the brand front of mind during the consideration period with retargeting ads.

AdRoll review by User in Information Technology and Services

"AdRoll is great for brand awareness and getting your company's name all over the web. "

What do you like best?

I like that AdRoll allows you to advertise on both Facebook and Web, and that you can pull lists from your marketing automation platform. I like that you can send ads to your target accounts vs just sending to a bunch of random prospects that may or may not fit your buyer personas.

What do you dislike?

I know many people say that AdRoll is good for lead gen, but I have not had that experience with it. I don't view it as a lead gen tool because I don't see a lot of conversions from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The success I have seen with AdRoll is not lead gen, so do not get this product thinking it will increase lead gen. AdRoll is great for brand awareness which leads to lead gen.

Brand awareness. I've notices that AdRoll has been great in getting our brand out there across the web and on Facebook. The impressions we are getting are great. It makes getting brand awareness for your company easy.

AdRoll review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Adroll is a great tool for a low price"

What do you like best?

I use Adroll through Springbot and I like that it is very user-friendly. It is not overly complicated to add images and the sizes are readily available for you to see and then create. I like how quickly I am able to see one of my ads online and the way it targets me as a customer which confirms to me that it is indeed working. This may be a Springbot characteristic but I do like the platform to see all of the stats I need in order to see how well the ads are doing and if they are doing poorly I can just easily improve my ads or create brand new ones.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more options with the dynamic ads. There seems to be very few options on how they look but that may possibly be in the works for an update. This may also be a Springbot characteristic, when you have created an ad it is a little hard to see what ad is in the list unless you have titled it well. Even if you have titled it well it would be nice to have a quick glance at an icon of what you have created. That way you do not have to go searching through each ad to get to a particular one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool to use if you are on a budget. I am not sure if this is just a benefit through what we use it through which is Springbot but as a small company we have been able to use it with a very low budget.

The business problems we are solving with Adroll is trying to build our brand awareness online and just getting more eyes on our product. We have seen some profit through our adroll ads and have been satisfied with the service so far.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Easy affordable tool for staying top-of-mind"

What do you like best?

For those of us in markets that have long sales cycles, it's really important to stay top-of-mind so that when the client is ready, we are among the first people they think of. Adroll helps us keep in touch with folks who have recently visited the site. Even if they're not clicking, they're not forgetting we're here.

What do you dislike?

I recently learned that Safari is imposing restrictions Adroll (and perhaps other remarketing tools) that sets a short timeframe on our ability to advertise after someone has visited the site. This currently represents 20% of our website traffic, so that's a bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider more than the clicks and impressions, but figure in the use of Adroll to the overall measurement of a campaign. It's hard to evaluate the impact of the impressions without taking into account the overall success.

We are careful to only reach out to our audiences with useful content so as not spam our valuable leads, but we need to remain top-of-mind throughout our long sales cycle. Adroll helps us do this. Furthermore, we have seen a relevant uptick in webinar registrations since we've begun promoting them through Adroll.

AdRoll review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Good tool for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The learning curve for AdRoll is very simple and the ad design process straight forward. It is easy to edit ad campaigns and make adjustments with a short approval process.

AdRoll is also more lenient than other services like Google AdWords with who they let use remarketing. For example, in working with an optometrist we were disapproved with AdWords but approved with AdRoll.

What do you dislike?

My main problem with AdRoll is they are much more expensive then other services. This largely has to do with the broad targeting capabilities and charge per impression (versus per click).

Retargeting. We use AdRoll to follow up with website visitors that didn't convert on the initial visit.

AdRoll review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"Set up and manage campaigns with ease!"

What do you like best?

If you have a small retargeting campaign you would like to run - Adroll is the perfect tool for you. Easily upload creative, assign a budget, and choose an audience, upload your Adroll pixel to your site and your retargeting campaign is ready to go. Don't have an in house designer or creative? No worries - Adroll also does this free of charge if you need it. Reporting is super easy and transparent.

What do you dislike?

Upon first using the tool it was a little confusing as to what Adroll considered a conversion opposed to what we consider a conversion. Ask your account rep to walk you through the process and it becomes way easier to understand.

We have realized that at least 10% of our new customers have come from these retargeting programs since launching. They are prepped and educated on our product as opposed to someone new passing by. The platform is easy to use and manage so it frees up a lot of time on my end.

AdRoll review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"AdRoll Keeps Cross-Channel Advertising Simple"

What do you like best?

As an agency, we use AdRoll to manage multiple cross-channel accounts. It is very simple to manage all our client accounts. We can set budgets, select channels and track all the data in one place. It's great because each client has its own advertising needs. AdRoll makes it easy. Their support is great too.

What do you dislike?

We did have an issue with one client where AdRoll didn't recognize the tracking pixel. I'd recommend using Google Tag Manager when implementing the pixel. That always works. The reporting could be a bit deeper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all your ads align across all channels. Keep the user experience consistent, even if they see an ad from another channel outside of AdRoll.

We can give our client visibility across all their channel partners. Sometimes you can feel "locked in" by AdWords. AdRoll gives smaller agencies a chance to increase ad visibility and conversions through channels we may not have been able to utilize.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Fantastic platform, very flexible"

What do you like best?

This is one of the few platforms that we can deploy for a client regardless of budget, and push really great results. Lots of different ways to segment and use data and lots of ways to meet a client goal.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I would say is that AdRoll can sometimes be more stringent on content guidelines than the actual ad networks themselves, especially with regard to ads of a medical or legal nature. There are clients, for example, where I can get a remarketing ad approved directly via Facebook but not via AdRoll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a lot of thought to your audience, you likely don't want to target EVERYONE who comes to your site, we generally start by making the standard audience people with 1-3 pageviews.

This is one of the tools we love to use to help clients extend a conversation with their customer who did not necessarily convert on the first site visit. There are lots of reasons that an interested party may abandon a site before purchase, tools like AdRoll help us get them back.

AdRoll review by Dana N.
Dana N.

"Great service with potential in acct reps"

What do you like best?

Adroll makes selecting advertising goals and pushing ads to certain target easy as a couple clicks of the button. Having a bi annual check in with our rep is great!

What do you dislike?

However, I would like more personal touch points with our account rep and hands on based on what the service provides. We are a small marketing team and don’t have the luxury of one person focusing solely on advertising so having the support we are supposed to get would be helpful.

Digital advertising and prospecting customers through advertising

AdRoll review by John W.
John W.

"AdRoll B2C Retargeting"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool to get new customers, by pulling them further into the decision-making process making sure our brand is always on their minds.

value for money

features

ease of use

cross-device, cross-platform retargeting

reports & analytics

What do you dislike?

customer service response times can be slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is one of the best platforms for retargeting. It does have a wide network of global websites for ads in English, and it also has some effective tools for email targeting and Facebook ads. Their customer support is their weakest link. They lack media space in countries where English is not the main language.

increase website eCommerce conversion rates

AdRoll review by Duraid S.
Duraid S.

"A Powerful Retargeting Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup new campaigns, and the campaign performance seems to be better than just using Facebook/AdWords for remarketing, so I highly recommend trying it.

What do you dislike?

I tried the CRM retargeting feature in the past and the reach wasn't that good, so I don't really use that feature anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're currently using Facebook or AdWords for your remarketing campaigns, I highly recommend testing AdRoll and comparing the performance of your remarketing campaigns in AdRoll vs. justusing Facebook/Adwords.

Reaching and nurturing more people in our target audience through remarketing campaigns.

AdRoll review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Appears to work well on paper, skeptical of actual attribution."

What do you like best?

Fairly simple setup, ads look decent. and it does appear to be effective according to their interface.

What do you dislike?

Skeptical of View-thru conversion attribution, as with any Display campaign, it is difficult to gauge the actual impact "seeing" the ad has in the purchase process. Support is not great & never hear from our "Account Manager" since day 1. Also, it is difficult to make edits to your own ads and it is preferred if you reach out to a rep for any revisions due to their approval process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to cross reference other Revenue analytics & keep an eye on impact it has on revenue from returning visitors, which IMO would be a better measure of effectiveness.

Retargeting users with the exact products they've shown interest on previously. Facebook appears to have a better return than the general web

AdRoll review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Versatile Display Ad Platform"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is a solid platform that makes it very simple to manage our display ad campaigns for both prospecting and retargeting across web display channels and Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that we had a bit more control over the specifics of where and how things ran, more blacklisting and whitelisting control, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely work closely with your account manager, they'll do a lot to help make sure you understand what you can be doing with AdRoll

Main thing is having a centralized hub for our display campaigns across multiple channels, and also keeping track of FB.

AdRoll review by Tenika S.
Tenika S.

"AWESOME and DIFFERENT"

What do you like best?

I liked the many operations and interactive features of adroll and especially enjoyed using it for my laborious work around the office and i would probably end up recommending it to my friends and their friends and family and once I'm finishing writing this, i just might.

What do you dislike?

There was really nothing to dislike, it's smooth and crisp i mean yeah at first it was a little trick to understand and i got frusturated at it many times and almost quitted and almost chose something else but then i realized it's perfect the way it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT and you will not fail, I PROMISE YOU THAT OR MY NAME ISN"T TENIKA SMITH!!!!

It makes managing things alittle more easier and i like that

AdRoll review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"A great Display Ad tool"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is perfect if you're looking for a third-party tool to manage your Display Advertising campaigns. It has some really interesting features such as automated emails based on cart abandonment. They also offer a free ad design service to help you get setup.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to know exactly where you're advertising and it's not quite as transparent in that area as the Google Display Network (GDN) is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're struggling to manage all of your Display and Retargeting campaigns then this tool is definitely worth it. However, it does take some time to get used to and learn your way around.

Bringing together all of your Display advertising needs into one product in an affordable way, whilst allowing you to retarget website visitors too.

AdRoll review by Administrator

"A great way to try multiple marketing channels without a big markeitng team"

What do you like best?

I highly value the fact that you can connect all the tools / services and profit from all their strong sites at once within one single plattform.

Adroll helped our company to realize that by using GA and only last click we have overseen a lot of potential, since many channels within our marketing mix might not be the final cause for a conversion yet they are needed for a conversion to happen. Yet we were constantly taking budget away from them, since we were using only last klick conversion.

What do you dislike?

The begining was a bit bumpy for us. Connecting all our services etc wasn't really easy. Also it requiered quite a lot of investment and it was a strugle to convince the managemnet that we need it. I think more success stories here would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use adroll again if I need to scale my business by using multiple digital advertising plattforms and without having the needed team behind me.

There are businesses where it is a matter of channel diversification and you don't need that much of a fine tuning in every channel. In this case AdRoll represents a very good scaling solution.

Lack of men power. It allows us to serve more ad plattforms like Facebook, Google Adwords but also smaller ones, which we would have otherwize just ignored due to lackof ressources. At the same time and be better in our success attribution.

We are moving away from purely last klick attribution and currently test othe attribution models thanks to adroll.

AdRoll review by User in Higher Education

"Solid starting point for retargeting"

What do you like best?

The platform is pretty easy to use and the account managers used to do most of the set up for you. It's very easy to set budgets and keep track of monthly spend.

We primarily use this for Facebook retargeting and it is (or at least was when we started) easier than their native platform.

What do you dislike?

The actual interface is not user friendly. It has actually gotten worse with their redesigns. Managing individual campaigns can be a real pain, and it's weird about building out ads (it will limit you to 90 characters which is no longer Facebook's limit for a post).

We also ran into an issue recently where new ads never started showing and very old ads were showing. Frustrating, but our account rep and their team got it fixed pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See how easy you can manage the native platforms. If it's difficult to manage through the traditional routes, Adroll is a great way to consolidate and manage things from a relatively easy to use platform. If they can fix their UI a bit (which should be easy considering it used to be great), it will be a great platform again.

We are using Adroll for Facebook retargeting. We tried it for Google but weren't getting a strong ROI. Adroll has made our Facebook retargeting easy and makes it easier to track DO I.

AdRoll review by Clayson S.
Clayson S.

"Watch your budget limits"

What do you like best?

The user inferface was easy to use and provided good insights. into customer interactions. Initial setup was easy and they walked us through that.

What do you dislike?

We have used AdRoll for almost 2 years now and had been very happy with them. We had seen some changes in our site traffic and the conversion and ROI on our AdRoll retargeting campaigns began to suffer. We scaled back our advertising dollars until we could optimize the ads and get back to having a profitable campaign. Once we scaled back our budget we realized that the next week they were charging us almost double what our budget was. When I contacted support they said the budget didn't match the amount of visitors to your site and so our algorithm exceed the budget to accommodate the other visitors. When asked what if they could set a hard budget line and give us a refund for the over spent amount (only about $50) they said the only solution was to increase our budget, and they would not give us a refund.

It was very useful in the beginning to however it wasn't flexible enough for us as our needs changed.

Administrator in Internet

"Great for basic, static ads. Difficult otherwise"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of ways you could create an audience. Use lists from your CRM, specify URLs customers hit or didnt hit, etc. This makes it very easy for us to slice and dice our audience. I also like the ability to quickly and upload new ads at any point.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to get information out of the "black box" that is their infrastructure. We also have difficulties getting their technical end to work with our development teams to get proper pixels set up so we can perform more than just basic tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic tracking with static ads, Adroll is very good for that purpose.

We are remarketing in ways not previously possible, which is extremely important to our business.

Administrator in Internet

"Much better results in Google Display Network"

What do you like best?

The ads look really good compared to Google Display Network. Lots of size options to fit all kinds of ad spaces. Adroll's customer service is also very good, with timely and personable responses.

What do you dislike?

We are getting far better results with GDN., which is unexpected...and disappointing. We're talking about conversions that are 20-50x less expensive on GDN than AdRoll. AdRoll still tries to take credit for the few "view through" conversions they delivered, but that number was still much, much lower than the click through conversions in GDN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use (the free) Google Display Network instead...unless you want to use an email ist.

We are able to use an email list to show ads to users. We can't do this with GDN (unless they are Gmail ads).

AdRoll review by Allison Y.
Allison Y.

"Easy Remarketing Solution For Advertising On Many Websites"

What do you like best?

AdRoll is a great way to programmaticaly buy ad space across the internet. Smart targeting insures that only relevant leads get routed to your website. Very easy to set up the retargeting pixel on your site.

What do you dislike?

They need better documentation. It's hard to understand and not user-friendly for first time users. I have to reach out to support every now and then.

Visual ads around the internet

AdRoll review by Nathan O.
Nathan O.

"AdRoll is a simple tool for complicated tasks."

What do you like best?

Though Adroll describe themselves as "part data geek, part marketing whiz," you don't have to worry about either of those things when you use their platform - retargeting can be as simple as adding a list of users, uploading an ad, and choosing a site to send them to.

What do you dislike?

While Adroll is a quick and easy tool, all of its features are often crowded into one view, making it feel overwhelming. More advanced features should be hidden, or grouped elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be overwhelmed--even though all the features are right there in front of you, you can use as few or as many as you want.

Adroll helps us specifically target users across platforms.

AdRoll review by Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.

"Adroll makes retargeting easier "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. You can easily upload ads and create segments based on pages people have visited. It's easy to exclude traffic. Also have the option to retarget on Facebook which is especially great for my company because we target social media users.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to track conversions when the conversion isn't a specific landing page - must insert specific code to the page you want to track which can get repetitive if you're running multiple campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for when you want to retarget users on Facebook and other networks that Google Analytics doesn't offer.

Retargeting website visitors to try our free tools and sign up.

AdRoll review by Yahira M.
Yahira M.

"Not worth the illusion of ease"

What do you like best?

AdRoll has a really simple interface which was easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service is sub-par. They have this "chat support" that is VERY underwhelming. If you have a very simple question, it is beneficial. However, once we started to experience technical errors on the system's part and not user error, that's when my experience went to alright to "I never want to book money with this system again". You never get any contact information, or a support ticket or anything that you'd assume to get with any digital platform you work with. It's been extremely frustrating and now there has been broken trust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another company.

Our client utilizes a lot of different digital platforms to reach prospective students, we want to try to capture their attention as much as possible. I've noticed through analytics that retargeting has helped to boost our efforts greatly and I will continue to search for a simple software we can trust.

AdRoll review by User

"Trying to get around $3000 confirmed credit balance back IMPOSSIBLE AVOID AT ALL COST"

What do you like best?

Not much to be honest. The account manager when you launch is great and then that guy just disappears. They are geared to spend money quickly. The system is easy to launch and pixel also easy.

What do you dislike?

The are terrible to refund you money that you are owed. The money is a confirmed credit balance however it takes countless emails and they still have not refunded. Its got to this stage where they claim they did not receive any emails although you get a confirmation that they received it. I would not trust this company with large campaigns maybe less then $1000.00 but big budgets forget it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

avoid if you have a larget budget. Alarm bells are ringing at our company they have avoided paying out a $3000 credit balance. I guess very small budgets it might be okay but anything bigger I would strongly advise avoiding this company. Its the usual no email received although we have confirmations etc just terrible stick with the others. I would be surprised if they are still around in a few years

I target quiet a few visitors in a short time. I prefer Facebook retargeting at least with them you know they are financially secure and they will not mess around with money owed.

AdRoll review by Jake Rasmussen, D.
Jake Rasmussen, D.

"Streamlined and Dependable"

What do you like best?

AdRoll easily allows you to create custom segments of web users based upon their actions on your website. It is super easy to start, pause, and end campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The billing system is hard to understand when needing to report marketing spends. It forces you to pre-pay for a campaign. If you pause or end the campaign then the budget messes up.

AdRoll allows us to re-engage potential customers across the internet and Facebook. We enjoy their reporting system so we can track the effectiveness of our efforts with AdRoll.

AdRoll review by Rich G.
Rich G.

"AdRoll was easy to use but avg results"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the best feature. The user interface is intuitive, easy to navigate and understand.

What do you dislike?

Ad placement was clear. When running display or retargeting ads through here, it was difficult to find and control where the ads were placed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is worth trying out. A lot of the results will depend on the type of ads you develop and run through the service.

We're tackling product visibility and customer retention. We have seen a mild increase in return customers from remarking efforts through AdRoll.

"Highly Automated"

What do you like best?

This software makes entry into the programmatic world very easy. Taking away all the levers off programmatic and making users make minimal decisions is what makes this platform so powerful. It's unique mix of simple levers and access to multiple ad networks makes this a quick win for SMBs.

What do you dislike?

As your marketing becomes more complex this platform becomes hard to scale. As prospecting and retargeting needs become more defined the levers needed aren't there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your marketing needs a year out before using this product.

You'll find an instant partner who can help you with retargeting and making it simple to understand.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Extreme low confidence with CRM Re-targeting "

What do you like best?

Adroll does a decent job at web retargeting for lead gen. But it has been about 2+ years and things may have changed with their capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Running a CRM campaign retargeting audiences in our CRM database (marketo) and there is zero reach to our targeted audience as confirmed by our Marketo instance but their platform shows 18 engagements. However, we are seeing 84 anonymous leads click through meaning they're reaching outside of our target audience. What's funny is we have an inactive facebook campaign but yet it's somehow delivering ads. It's very strange. I do not trust that Adroll is actually reaching this set of email audience and have paused the campaign.

FYI - Do know that you have to END the campaign so that you're not billed further but ending the campaign would require you to build up from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere first. Do a quick, inexpensive test.

Very basic. CRM list / Email Re-targeting to nurture prospects. AdRoll struggles.

AdRoll review by User in Computer Software

"Over promised and under delivered"

What do you like best?

In theory that they had their own prospecting database and would do all the work to manage retargeting campaigns.

What do you dislike?

From start to finish what was promised was not delivered - first was the results they expected. In our initial conversations they were very positive but still "underestimated" expected results, to cover themselves I'm sure. Despite the low predictions the actual results were far below even that. The majority of the "conversions" we saw were post-click, and not verified by our marketing system which tracks up to 90 days. Facebook ads had zero results, prospecting was all post-click, and retargeting conversions were most successful from visitors to our trial signup page - which is false since at that point they'd already signed up so the conversion was not actually attributable to adroll.

Further we were told on multiple occasions during the sales cycle and onboarding that we would have regular follow ups with the team and they would be constantly working to improve our stats. After the initial call 2 weeks into launch we never heard from them. We had to follow up and ask what was going on after our conversions dropped to nothing in the second month, they scrambled and made excuses and still nothing changed - and no further efforts to follow up or make adjustments to the campaigns.

Overall a huge disappointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very wary of their promises and keep an eye on the metrics - you can't rely on what they say they are getting for conversions, their definition of a conversion is skewed and in our experience the majority are post-click conversions that never actually made it through to the marketing site and therefore couldn't be verified (but you still pay for them).

We were trying to offload the work of managing retargeting campaigns and improve results. No benefits realized, just wasted time and money.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Platform is Okay, Customer Service is Poor"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to setup and use for retargeting.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is horrible. Don't expect anyone to fix anything for you quickly even if you are in the agency tier and spend quite a bit of money. Was told I could expect a fix in 1 business day, took almost two months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adroll is an easy to use retargeting platform. You can be setup and running within a day. However, don't expect quality customer service. Hard to get anyone to actually pick up the phone to call you. Reps seem scared of the phone. Even when management steps in the service is mediocre at best. Takes too long to resolve issues.

Retargeting.

AdRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Retargeting, Lead Generation Lacking"

What do you like best?

Adroll has a great centralized platform that let's marketers retarget users across a variety of channels from adwords, to social media, etc., I like having the ability to manage both facebook and adwords from one account.

What do you dislike?

In terms of bringing in new leads for our company we never had much success with Adroll. They were very expensive and didn't seem to have the same capabilities that we saw with Adwords in terms of targeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to the costs, really consider your ROI before using adroll to generate new (non-retargeted leads). Also it is important to have multi touch attribution setup before starting with Adroll so you can see the impact retargeting has on other traffic sources like organic and direct.

The benefits are that you can manage all your efforts in one place and that you are able to take learnings from one campaign on search traffic and apply the learnings to social (and vice versa).

AdRoll review by Alan H.
Alan H.

"Horrid Service Soo Far"

What do you like best?

Hard to say, sales rep was nice I guess.

What do you dislike?

Started to use on Tuesday, have not been able to login since then, myself or others in my office who have separate accounts. Tried daily and have been emailing back and forth with Tom and Hollie our sales rep and her manager. Tom says tech support is working on it, for days really?? Changed the card on file for the service yet it billed the old card somehow! If the company can't manage you being able to login, very concerned about their capabilities

Trying them for retargeting.

AdRoll review by Zac  H.
Zac H.

"Adroll make retargeting easier!"

What do you like best?

No messing around with audience lists just set up and go. I see it working myself

What do you dislike?

I haven't learned as much but the features are not as rich seeming as adwords

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement more customizations or options to make campaigns more targeted to specific audiences within your retargeting audience.

B2B marketing, finding out we had customers in locations we didn't know was a good benefit.

AdRoll review by Jacob S.
Jacob S.

"Profitable, but not necessarily the best method"

What do you like best?

The results were clear. Retargeting works and adroll is a top player. Possibly the best feature that makes them standout is the audience sharing. You have to have a certain amount of traffic to qualify but it could be a fantastic prospecting tool to reach other websites audiences.

What do you dislike?

Cost per impression. I don’t need to see how many people saw my ad I need to see how many clicked. Criteo wins in this spot primarily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your costs and what return you need. Don’t be afraid to test this vs. criteo or others, just don’t test at the same time because technically you’ll be bidding against yourself

Ecommerce Sales. We saw an average ROAS of 11-1

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Adroll has made it very easy for us to conduct and track remarketing campaigns for our clients."

What do you like best?

I like the ease-of-use. It's often a bit easier to use than Remarketing on Google Adwords, and I enjoy the data chart visualizations.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of their ad upload platform. It doesn't replace ads correctly and I've often had to work with support in order to replace current ads with new ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand how to upload the proper ads. I had a bit of an issue when uploading ads with a client of ours and we had to spend a decent amount of time on support to get the issue resolved.

We've been driving more website visitors back to our client websites so that they can get more traffic and conversions.

AdRoll review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

it makes my life easy from the beginning of my day to the very end. I love how the dashboard is set up and the over feel and ecosystem that this platform has to offer. Not only does it make my life a whole lot easier but more effective to meet my end goal which are the clients.

What do you dislike?

complex at first but with a little bit of training it's pretty straight forward

Recommendations to others considering the product

if your looking into improving your overall business AdRoll is the way to go from the future growth of any company!

our video advertisement has seen a VAST improvement

AdRoll review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"AdRoll"

What do you like best?

I like the quality of the customer support, they were very helpful when we were having trouble learning how to use the program. I also really like that it puts our name out there through a variety of places, even Facebook, which helps to put us out there more than what I think other companies could do.

What do you dislike?

We tried this out on a demo, which was great because it helped us to decide if we wanted to move forward with it. One of the downsides was figuring out how to use it - AdRoll isn't the most user-friendly program to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for computing your site traffic and statistics, however, it isn't the most user-friendly. I would recommend trying a demo like we did, to better determine if it's right for you.

It has helped to put our name out there, and our site traffic has increased since we've used it.

AdRoll review by Derek P.
Derek P.

"Makes retargeting easy"

What do you like best?

Creating campaigns is easy, tracking seems to work pretty well if you have a large user base.

What do you dislike?

Some of the services where you serve ads are a little more picky about content, but that is not really adrolls fault.

We use it to keep our name in front of leads, after they visit our site, we want them to keep seeing our name so when they are ready to buy, they buy from us.

AdRoll review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"AdRoll took it to the next step for remarketing"

What do you like best?

Allowed us to see all of our remarketing efforts in one place. And even allowed an expansion of the remarketing efforts. The audience options (similiar/look-a-like, etc.) is pretty extensive.

What do you dislike?

It is made for small advertisers, so as an agency with more sophisticated buyers and budgets, it wasn't as scalable for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for smaller clients/budgets. If you are running hundreds of thousands or millions in display, you most likely need something more robust.

We really wanted more retargeting reach outside of Google, but not paying ridiculous pricing for a full display platform for only clients interested in full display.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good substitute for Facebook's own marketing platform"

What do you like best?

Unless you're into developing to help with reports, Adroll is far easier to use for Facebook marketing than Facebook's own interface. Their pixel can cover and integrate an e-mail marketing strategy too. It's also easier to configure than Facebook's and when you're using the Adroll pixel for reports it's far clearer what even is what. No confusing numbers as you'd find with Facebook!

What do you dislike?

Extra expense (Come on Facebook, get your act together). They have a number of plugin products that are not clearly defined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a number of plugins and does allow running ads on-page too. We never used it for this - no necessity to for our revenue - but it's there.

Facebook marketing. It has the potential for more but we've just been using it to overcome Facebooks awful reporting. It was primarily for re-marketing but we did do some look-alike campaigns based on converters that were successful too.

AdRoll review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"AdRoll - Simple Safistication"

What do you like best?

Easy setup. Great reach. Efficient targeting. Detailed conversion files. Easy API integration. Great creative testing capabilities. Works with Segment!

What do you dislike?

Trying to pull standard metrics across campaigns is not possible. That level of reporting is pretty lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! The team is super helpful, the program is easy to setup. We found it to be very adaptable to our needs.

Reaching multiple segments of potential customers to re-engage them in the appropriate funnel.

AdRoll review by Lucy L.
Lucy L.

"A nice platform for multiple retargeting options"

What do you like best?

Adroll has been working for us rather good with its multiple options of regargeting not only by web prospects, but also by Facebook/Instagram and it's also cheaper than Adwords which helped us make the choice between those two. We're also looking to try email retargeting there.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they get too promotional within their dashboard, but it's okay though.

We are combining display and social media advertising which brings us more leads and conversions.

AdRoll review by Karen G.
Karen G.

"Acton is easy to use and get's the job done"

What do you like best?

It was easy to navigate and use the tool. I was new to ads when I started and was able to jump right in.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to tell what to do next to improve our ads.

we are trying to spread the word about ving as well as re-engage our contacts.

AdRoll review by Amrita H.
Amrita H.

"You can give AdRoll a try"

What do you like best?

The size of the network is huge. It is easy to setup, upload materials and manage ads. It is a good tool to use for running remarketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

AdRoll is not able to differentiate their billings between accounts and that complicates things for an agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdRoll is great for remarketing campaigns for a single client. Not really beneficial to agencies who run ads for multiple clients.

We use AdRoll to run digital ads of our clients. It is a network of websites to show banner ads across. It’s larger than Google’s display network so it includes all kinds of websites!

AdRoll review by Sherine A.
Sherine A.

""User-friendly platform""

What do you like best?

Simple retargeting via integration with Marketing Automation platforms ,Making a user-friendly experience for retargeting. An account management team to make success easy.Very solid reporting tools

What do you dislike?

Better creative management. It can get a bit unwieldy managing many different variations of creative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is easy to use and manage so it frees up a lot of time on my end.

We utilize AdRoll for remarketing events, new products, solutions, and featured content to previous website visitors. This is currently only used by marketing but is integrated into both customer and new prospect marketing.

AdRoll review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"Easiest retargeting ever"

What do you like best?

I like that it's so easy to set up, and our ads are everywhere.

What do you dislike?

They offer free creative, which is awesome. Our first set of ads was fantastic. Our second set was awful. I couldn't use the ads. :(

Retargeting website visitors and other custom audiences from other marketing channels.

AdRoll review by User in Financial Services

"Pros and cons of adroll"

What do you like best?

Great support from dedicated rep to give advice on strategy and best practices. Platform is easy to use and allows you to place ads and track their performance so you can modify campaigns as needed. They also have a proprietary function called BidIQ which gives real time visibility into costs so you can place ads most effectively at the right price.

What do you dislike?

When doing initial demo and discussing integration, no one from their team could clearly articulate pricing structure and fees, which seemed odd considering these were the people that try and sell the product.

Solving issues around retargeting effectiveness to build brand awareness and support demand gen goals around increasing pipeline. Adroll retargeting is more effective than what we previously used for retargeting with google display network bc they have more reach including networks like Facebook.

AdRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"AdRoll is a great remarketing tool"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and customer support. Ease of use is clearly the focus of the Adroll team.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the varying image specs from the actual sources. I can have had pictures for ads on Facebook that could be uploaded on Facebook but not on AdRoll which leads to more time spent on creative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure they have a flexible creative team as there seems to be quite a bit of ad fatigue if not constantly rotated.

Reaching possible new users who have fallen off in our onboarding flow.

AdRoll review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"One of our highest performing campaign types "

What do you like best?

Using our product feed to serve dynamic ads to visitors to our ecommerce platforms has enabled us to create campaigns with our highest ROI of all the campaign types we run.

What do you dislike?

It's a self service platform, occasionally we have to work with a rep to have our ad tags added to campaigns, so that slows the process a little. Otherwise it's very easy and user friendly. Also would be nice to have more template options for the dynamic display ads.

This has enabled us to automate our digital advertising by using the product feed to dynamically create ads featuring the products they visited on our store. Rather than creating multiple variations of ads the platform can pull directly from our product feed.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

On some other platforms, my ads won't be approved to run, but Adroll is more lenient and understanding.

What do you dislike?

I wish Adroll plugin would be able to be used easily for non-shopify sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great competitor to google display advertising. Again, the biggest reason why I appreciate Adroll is because they seem to be more willing to work with you in order to make sur eyour ads are delivered properly. If you also have a Shopify website, the adroll plugin is very easy to use.

It's great for cost-efficient retargeting.

"User-friendly, limited help"

What do you like best?

I like how user-friendly the interface is and how quickly and easily you can make changes to your campaigns

What do you dislike?

It's a bit difficult and time-consuming to get the help you need, information on how changes to your campaign will be impacted is limited as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make you take into consideration what customizations are important to you. A lot of AdRoll is automated and has limited functionality when it comes to customization.

It's an out-of-the-box solution for ALL your advertising needs, instead of going to each advertising channel an managing it separately

AdRoll review by User

"Confusing UI and small feature set"

What do you like best?

What I like best about AdRoll is that it connects directly to our marketing automation software.

What do you dislike?

- The user interface is difficult to use

- The interface also AdRoll-specific language and not the industry standards

- The feature set is limited

- It's difficult to set up remarketing audiences

- The documentation is not detailed/doesn't answer the questions I have

We use AdRoll for lead generation via remarketing ads. The benefits are low-cost ads shown to custom audiences (however that's a standard benefit across all remarketing banner ads).

AdRoll review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"Smart approach to retargeting "

What do you like best?

I like the retargeting capabilities as it allows the brands that I work on to be more efficient with their dollars.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any dislikes for this product at the current time.

We are always trying to be efficient with our digital spend as well as accurately track the engagement levels. The problem we are trying to solve is to be efficient with our spend while maximizing our media budget and drive engagement with the brands that we advertise.

AdRoll review by Sam K.
Sam K.

"Great for segmenting specific parts of audiences"

What do you like best?

The ability to match Marketo Smartlists and use that as a baseline to match prospects to based on personas

What do you dislike?

Not super intuitive to use. Could be easier to use on a self-serve perspective

Reaching additional audience members we know are in our market, but can't reach through other digital channels

AdRoll review by May L.
May L.

"Adroll helped our business with re-marketing"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, user-friendly and will allow users to upload video/html5/gif ads. Good comprehensive breakdown of how individual ads are doing. A very straightforward program to use.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Adroll only offers static ads and not dynamic ads, which other re-marketing platforms offer.

We are still using Adroll for re-marketing in addition to other platforms. Adroll has continued to help us re-market customers that visited our e-commerce page by increasing web traffic.

AdRoll review by Bryan James C.
Bryan James C.

"Great customer support for a very solid ad serving platform"

What do you like best?

The UI is easy and fun to use making serving our remarketing a piece of cake. I especially enjoy working with AdRoll on any technical support issues, ideas for product optimization, implementation, strategy, etc. They are an excellent partner.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent product. Highly recommended.

Remarketing efforts for e-commerce at all levels and available remarketing channels online. Analytics integration with Google Analytics and Adobe.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Ad Roll DSP Has Been Positive Retargeting Partner"

What do you like best?

I have utilized Ad Roll on several retargeting display buys for clients at my agency. I have put them head to head with others including RocketFuel and Collective and have been very pleased with view through conversion results and premium ad placement.

What do you dislike?

I have had three or four different reps over the course of the past twelve months and it has been difficult to gain continuity with the team. I continue to be told that they are in the process of reassigning agency reps for Ohio, but three+ reps is a lot in a short amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ad Roll has been a great vendor for us overall, I just wish we could build continuity with our sales and support teams.

One client in particular wants to stay top of mind to independent insurance agents who have interacted with their site. Ad Rolls integration with our CRM has helped us isolate those agents and increase frequency caps to stay top of mind with the agents for longer.

AdRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Beware of Sales Reps Placing Additional Charges on Your Credit Card"

What do you like best?

It's a very streamlined easy program to use. Their chat team is very service focused.

What do you dislike?

Their sales reps do not speak English well and they call and email to upsell you constantly. Then, because they do not understand that "no" means "no" and they are focused on making their sales quote they will charge your card extra for extra programs that you haven't asked for or approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful. Their sales reps have access to charge on your card for you to "try" programs. All they're doing is making sales quote and then you get the "surprise" of unauthorized charges on your credit card. The chat team will help refund those charges to you but get ready to spend some time doing it. And, be very, very diligent and check the charges you get from Adroll to make sure to get refunded the charges that were placed without your consent.

Streamlined retargeting.

AdRoll review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"A better version of Facebook Business Manager"

What do you like best?

Their attribution is better than Facebook's business manager. They're easier to use and the UI overall looks better than what Facebook has to offer.

What do you dislike?

They have strict rules. They don't allow law firms, medical companies, etc to remarket their products through their platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a law firm or in the medical industry then this product won't be suitable for you. I'm not sure what other fields they don't accept but if you're field is qualified, use it.

We're trying to solve social media remarketing and it's going great! We can see the view through conversions and direct conversions easily

AdRoll review by Tasia P.
Tasia P.

"The most intuitive ad platform I've used"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and intuitive software, ability to quickly and easily ensure your pixel is working.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing that I can think of - if they built a Hubspot integration that would be superb!

AdRoll helps us remarket to folks who have visited our website at least once before.

AdRoll review by User

"Basic way to implement display ads"

What do you like best?

Straightforward and fairly east to use. The software walks you through the process.

What do you dislike?

You need the right display content on hand that has been already designed to the correct size specs. Ad roll can do it for you but the graphics would be very basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Virtually no support. You need to walk yourself through the process. Need specific content.

Easy way to get into display advertising without having to go through Google Adwords.

AdRoll review by Maren K.
Maren K.

"Good Self-Service Tool"

What do you like best?

It's self-service and fairly easy to understand and use. The too walks you through a step by step process on setting up campaigns

What do you dislike?

No real customer support. If there are issues you have to wait over 24 hours for answers which oftentimes do not answer the question, so there is a lot of back and forth

Retargeting, Brand Awareness

We have realized its a good tool that everyday marketers can use

AdRoll review by Lishen L.
Lishen L.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

The reach and targeting methods are great.

What do you dislike?

Limited touch from my end. I'm not able to adjust everything on my own.

Retargeting specific people that have not yet converted but could be great opportunities for our company.

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

AdRoll's interface is very clean and easy to use. Putting together creative is very natural. We use the product primarily for social where we were able to create ads in a similar way we could in the native interface.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to match the metrics found in AdRoll to your own. Going in, I would recommend understanding how your company's KPIs match to what is measured in AdRoll. For example, AdRoll may count a lead, but if you don't count last click, the conversion does not properly reflect the conversion in the interface.

We used the software to help us with re-marketing and paid social advertising.

AdRoll review by Jess J.
Jess J.

"Simple with Some Roadbumps"

What do you like best?

Launch is simple, fast and not overwhelming. It's a great starting point for clients new to retargeting and remarketing and helps prove out the program.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with campaign builds, accurate placements and animated ads for example

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set aside testing budget and try other platforms too. Reach out to support if something looks fishy.

Quick go to market for retargeting solutions, immediate results to gain buy in from team.

AdRoll review by Lawrence K.
Lawrence K.

"Solid option for remarketing"

What do you like best?

Adroll has an easy to use user interface. Creating campaigns is very single.

What do you dislike?

At times, I wish there were some more customizations allows in campaigns

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

I am remarketing to those people who visit specific pages on my website and do not convert the form

AdRoll review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"Best “3rd party” remarketing platform I’ve used"

What do you like best?

Better analytics and site placement options than other platforms I’ve used

What do you dislike?

A bit too heavily focused on Facebook remarketing when Facebook already natively has a robust remarketing platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build remarketing audience pools on multiple platforms and test running ads on one at a time. See which one performs best for you

We are able to have ongoing conversations with and marketing messages shown to both existing customers as well as potential customers who engaged but ultimately didn’t purchase

"It's been ok"

What do you like best?

It is easy to keep all my creative in one space.

What do you dislike?

I just don't know how often I plan on using it with more of our clients. Right now, it is only on a couple of them but I doubt we integrate it with our strategy.

It keeps our creative inventory organized and pushes it out. I don't really see that great of a benefit so far.

AdRoll review by Kevin Long a.
Kevin Long a.

"Highly recommended "

What do you like best?

The interface is super easy to follow and use making it more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Set up of the pixel on my sites, but that was resolved quickly once I contacted support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out

Spreading my advertising message and building my brand.

AdRoll review by Dawn B.
Dawn B.

"Great service, great experience"

What do you like best?

I love their interface and how simple it is.

What do you dislike?

Some of their help is a little bit complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say expend their support questions and answers.

We are able to handle all of our remarketing here instead of using google.

AdRoll review by Administrator

"Adroll is one of the easiest ways we handle our cross-channel marketing "

What do you like best?

I like that Adroll offers the flexibility to run multiple campaigns at once, spreading our budget evenly across each. I also like the fact that Adroll offers easy to use campaign launch and end dates to monitor ROI within a specific time frame.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think I have any dislikes about Adroll at this time.

The most influential benefit of utilizing the Adroll software is its ability to effectively expand our reach and increase brand awareness.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Decent platform for ad syndication"

What do you like best?

Adroll has a very user friendly interface that it makes it easy for my team and I to quickly launch campaigns and check performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

I found account management to be a bit unresponsive.

We were trying to improve our brand awareness and improve lead generation for top level assets. I like being able to quickly drill into reports KPIs so we can make adjustments based on performance.

AdRoll review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Worst communication and customer service I've ever experienced"

What do you like best?

I don't have to manage my retargeting ads manually, but our account manager was horrendous and it was impossible to talk to anyone but her.

What do you dislike?

Communication and follow-through, especially during onboarding, was so terrible I felt like I was on a reality show.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool itself is pretty intuitive. However, my confidence in the company is at rock bottom because of the incompetence of people I've dealt with. In the beginning, they set us back quite a bit with several screw ups.

Here's where it gets nitpicky, but it didn't help that our account manager always had typos in her emails- she would say "adds" instead of "ads", and they're an ad company! On separate occasions we tried to coordinate a google hangout and sharing files via dropbox; she had never heard of either, which was unsettling since they're a tech company. These issues weren't deal breakers, but we should have seen them as red flags early on.

All in all, I would look elsewhere for your retargeting needs.

Hard to say. I started using Adroll to save time and maximize delivery from our retargeting ads. The only emails I get from them are telling me how much I have paid. There is no guidance on how to optimize campaigns. I would probably be spending more money with them if they would keep me updated on new opportunities within my account. As a small marketing team, we don't have the time to dig into this ourselves on a regular basis.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy Advertising to Start Out With"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - it was extremely easy for us to get up and running with Adroll and start our first campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I'm not really sure on the ROI we receive from AdRoll. While brand awareness is important and display ads have a smaller CTR than other ads, I was hoping for more return.

Brand awareness is key with our display advertising.

AdRoll review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good software for retargeting purposes"

What do you like best?

Use this for web retargeting (showing display ads to people who already visited our site). It definitely has a lower CPC than other advertising solutions, but the person has to have visited your site before. Great ROI.

What do you dislike?

Hard to use interface makes reporting confusing. Users have to visit your site before getting retargeted.

Driving more leads to our business.

AdRoll review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"Adroll "

What do you like best?

I love the the advanced segmentation feature. It’s adds a whole level of new marketing to my campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Facebook could be better and also the customer service.

The main problem I’m solving is lack of sales online and in person. I realized that the benefits adroll give me allows me to market the to same customers for consecutive periods of time.

"Easy to work with"

What do you like best?

The tool is really easy to use and navigate. It's also nice that once you reach a certain threshold on spend you get an account rep and can also get help from their design team on creating creative ads.

What do you dislike?

That you can't make adjustments to your budget without going through either an account rep or calling in.

Looking to reach more potential clients using not only social media but also the web. They help us with all our retargeting and most recently prospecting.

AdRoll review by Jitesh B.
Jitesh B.

"Strong remarketing platform that expands reach"

What do you like best?

It has a broader reach over AdWords and let's us keep attribution transparent

What do you dislike?

It's overall impact on our inbound lead generation right now is not what we would like it to be

lead generation, branding

AdRoll review by Edward S.
Edward S.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

It is well suited for users with not that much experience, it has also great tools for advanced users, you can create and change the design of your ads on the fly, very good.

What do you dislike?

I do think that they could make it more customizable and to develop more the reporting section.

We use it for retargeting and remarketing

AdRoll review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Simply Worth-it!"

What do you like best?

Easy to get up and running. Very pleasant interface.

What do you dislike?

I actually have no complaints about this product. The only thing I would change is the look of the analytical reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. Worth a try and well worth the money invested.

Retargeting is now solved! Bump in sales for sure with many of our products.

"AdRoll Review "

What do you like best?

We see campaigns have relatively good success using AdRoll compared to other re-targeting vendors. The access to the dashboard is very simple and easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

We aren't able to report using our 3rd party ad server which at times can be an inconvenience. We do however use the dashboard they provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the right conversation and communication regarding placing pixels prior to launching, their had been an issue with this and it delayed the launch of a campaign.

We are able to utilize AdRolls capabilities of re-targeting users in order to improve the performance of the predetermined KPI's we have set in place for the various campaigns.

AdRoll review by Gerry D.
Gerry D.

"Great Remarketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Variety of websites that Adroll serves your ads. I have seen ads appearing on Forbes and other well established publications!

What do you dislike?

Management platform could be better as it's not very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase conversion rates from people that leave the page too early.

AdRoll review by Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.

"AdRoll is a primary pillar of my paid campaigns"

What do you like best?

I've been working with AdRoll for 3 years, and over that time they've consistently grown as a company and in their feature set. One thing keeping me a dedicated customer is the variety of campaign targeting - if category isn't performing well it's easy to reallocate budget to site targeting, or even test out a new beta product like their newly launched CRM targeting.

What do you dislike?

On the flip side to the positive of their rapid growth is my team changes frequently. It seems as soon as my account ops team really gets to know our market and account, they get promoted or moved to a different team and there I am in another meeting with fresh kids asking about my marketing goals. It's great their growing, but it's kind of a time waste for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to test. Self-service platform allows for small budgets to test different campaigns, and when you see something working it's easy to turn up the dial.

Affordable, relatively light-weight solution for retargeting, display advertising and Facebook advertising for brand awareness and lead generation.

AdRoll review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Very easy to use with great support."

What do you like best?

Account managers bend over backwards to help you get set up.

Im sure that they are incentivised commission wise so they arent just working out of goodwill, but i found that i was getting a lot of feedback on my account and offered ideas on how to improve it. Lots of support to help get ads creative built for you as well if you dont have time to do it in house.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the amount of contact from account managers pushing you to change things or chasing up adding another brand account that you mentioned can be tiring but then having the level of involvement from your AM cant be all take without any give. Its a double edged sword i guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Segment all of your traffic right from teh start - its much easier when you want to create more ads down the line as you wont have to wait for user volumes to build before you can set anything live.

We use Adroll to advertise on the FBX and have found the interface and segmentation tools to be some of the easiest we have tried.

AdRoll review by Brittany S.
Brittany S.

"Easy to implement"

What do you like best?

I loved the easy set-up process and the attentiveness of our account representatives. Also a big fan of the social media advertising aspect - it allowed us to push our messaging across a wider range of spaces where potential customers could see it.

What do you dislike?

I left the agency before I had a chance to really dig into the platform and see results.

Much better to use for remarketing than Google AdWords. Really enjoyed the ability to utilize social media channels for advertising as well as traditional paid search.

AdRoll review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use Retargeting! Nice Marketo Integration!"

What do you like best?

Adroll has a simple interface and makes it easy to build and run retargeting campaigns. The Marketo integration makes it easy to focus on key people and accounts.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Its quite easy and simple. They take a cut of ads placed which makes scaling easy, but leaves you wondering if you might do better paying for platform and ad spend separately.

Retargeting - Advertising

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Makes remarketing easy - one place to remarket for Facebook and Google, without having to create ads and manage campaigns in more than one dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Support is great and helpful anytime I run into a problem.

Making retargeting easier. It's a new campaign style we are starting, and AdRoll has taken some of the guesswork out of implementing this marketing option for us.

AdRoll review by Noah P.
Noah P.

"Great Retargeting Tool and Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

For some of my clients who tapped out their reach within the Google inventory, the alternative networks available through the AdRoll platform allowed us to tap into additional ad space in one easy to use interface.

It's great that I could manage all of my Retargeting and Remarketing strategies in one place - it made reporting quick and easy.