AdWords

(1,268)

Advertise with Google AdWords ads to boost website traffic and sales. Easily manage your campaigns and budget.

Work for AdWords?

Learning about AdWords?

AdWords Reviews

Showing 1,331 AdWords reviews
AdWords review by Adrienn K.
Adrienn K.

"Great way to advertise and reach your target market! "

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AdWords
AdWords review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"AdWords is Where Marketers Go to Place Digital Ads"

What do you like best?

You can be up and running in 30 minutes. It doesn't take a lot of time to get your ads up and running and in front of searching eyeballs. Of course, getting clicks and optimizing spend -- that is where you can spend endless hours poring over data and tweaking your campaigns. I like how you can tie your systems together -- YouTube, Google Analytics, Social Ads, Network Ads, Re-targeting .. you really need to use all these pieces of the marketing puzzle to be successful.

I also like the keyword research tool. I use that for SEO purposes all the time. It is a very handy tool not only for paid search but for SEO as well. But when you find a great keyword, it is super easy to create and import a campaign based on that keyword.

What do you dislike?

Conversion tracking can be tricky. Sometimes the conversion pixel will double-fire, sometimes it won't fire at all. When you are an agency that manages a paid search ad account, the client always looks at the conversion and cost-per-conversion data. If it isn't right, the client will question your entire marketing operation! I wish there was a better way to test conversions. Yes, I know GTM has some tools for that, but still . . would be great to be able to click and ad, fill out a form and see if the conversion fires properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your AdWords certification -- if you are an agency. If not, learn everything you can do in the platform. It's the only way to run a successful AdWords Campaign.

AdWords is great for agencies. We can fill a lead gen funnel with a properly managed AdWords campaign. Plus, all the reporting capabilities and systems integration really make AdWords a robust platform. We use the API to generate real-time reports to share with clients. It is a fantastic way to tie not only AdWords data into a real-time dashboard, but we can pull in other platform data as well. Tying the AdWords account to a Google Analytics account increases your reporting capabilities even more.

What Search Advertising solution do you use?

AdWords review by James N.
James N.

"3 months of terrible support and on going"

What do you like best?

Nothing I can think of. See what I dislike for more info.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. So we started advertising our products from 31st of July and after about 3 weeks, all of the ads were disapproved. I contacted support and they asked me to wait while they investigate. Next day, came back and said one of our landing page had virus redirection codes and he gave me a bunch of links that I must remove in order to be approved again. As of my 15+ years webdesign experience, I swear I would never put a virus redirection on my site (It would surprise me if i see one). Had no other choice so I contacted my hosting company which they had scanned my entire site to find those redirection links but nothing were found. I told Google about the scan result and they said they will escalate my concern to their team. Next day, they replied back and said they still found the virus code. So I delivered message to my hosting company again and they had 3rd party anti-virus company to scan my entire site. Result was clean as ever be. So I delivered message to Google support again, and surprisingly this time they said the scan result from their end was clean as well. Oh nice! Pain is over? NOT! My ads status was still disapproved even after 2 days which they said it only takes 24hrs maximum to take effect. So I contacted support team again and a different person answered who has no clue of what's going on and again, told me that they found lists of virus redirection codes on my landing page again. Are you serious? We hadn't touched our site during this whole process! Where did the virus come from? Without hesitation, I asked my hosting as well as 3rd party company to run a full scan on my site again. They gladly helped to scan my whole site again and result was CLEAN. They also suggested me to talk to the Google Ads supervisor directly to resolve this kind of issue as there's been reports that Google Ads sometimes uses cached data to collect information. I was getting annoyed but contacted Google support to talk to their supervisor. A lady answered with very annoyed attitude and she cut me in the middle of talking and just hung up after she finished talking. I emailed back and said find me someone else if you're going to answer like that attitude. So she passed me to her supervisor. Was supervisor any different? Hell NO. This was last Saturday, and he said that the scan is clean, hence he escalated the concern to their team to update. I asked if there's any chance that their system might be glitchy and he strongly denied. After 2 days, status was still 'disapproved'. I asked If there's no glitch in their system and scan result was clean, why is there such delay? He said he will re-escalate my concern to their team. Since then, these incompetent idiots aren't responding. Probably busy fixing their glitchy program or who knows what. This testimony will be told until everyone realize how incompetent and arrogant they can be.

9/11/18 Update: Extremely poor communication level and no follow ups. Last reply I got was a week later with automated message. That was after I was getting sick of waiting and did a follow up call myself.; Also, I don't want to be a racist but all of their staffs are Indians and it is extremely hard to understand their English accent (especially over the phone). Anyway, they asked me a screenshot of a Search Console to prove my site is clean. And my site WAS clean after reviewing in Search Console so I attached the screenshot in reply to their last email and haven't got a response since then. Since my case was handed over to the supervisor, everything gotten worse. Never had or seen this kind of poor support experience from any company I dealt before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never

Ads were disapproved for 3 months and still on going with issue

AdWords review by Amanda  P.
Amanda P.

"A must have for your business"

What do you like best?

Adwords is a must have for every business because it tracks the number of clicks you receive from customers on your website and a lot of other traffic that goes to your business. Each month I send our clients a report of what results they've got on their ad campaigns and whether they would like to change the ad around for the next month. I also like that it is very customizable with being able to choose a budget, schedule, and have the option to edit the content if it is not performing the way you want it to,

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can be a bit confusing to someone who is just starting to use Adwords. It took a few months to really understand how to properly place an ad on Google and which keywords were most effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to watch a few videos pertaining to how to properly place an ad through the campaign manager because it could be a bit confusing.

Some business problems we are solving are helping our clients know which keywords and ads work best to show up on a higher rank on Google. Adwords will send you notifications on whether an ad campaign is performing well, and which keywords you have to fix.

AdWords review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Big Learning Curve, But Worth It"

What do you like best?

The reporting features are excellent-- easy to customize, detailed, clear. Their email updates are also the one kind I actually read; they're insightful, useful and keep me on top of my company's ads and expenditures. I've also had some great experiences with certain AdWords account managers (on Google's end)--truly enthusiastic about helping us, passionate about getting to know me and my company's needs and interests..

What do you dislike?

Big learning curve, and the earlier versions were difficult to use. Until I arrived at the company, no one wanted to go anywhere near our 2 AdWords accounts, and they pushed the project into my hands. I'm glad to say I conquered AdWords, but it took some time! I also hate that AdWords account managers are assigned to your company for only a limited time- not really much time to familiarize themselves with your company and advertising needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in an office management position like I am, and without an advertising background, then you'll a bit if work to do in learning and mastering AdWords, but when you do it is definitely worth it! If you want the right kind of support from Google's end, you have to actually use your account regularly. I've had truly excellent experiences with some of the account specialists that have been assigned to my company; my company's ads have been most successful during their respective periods of working with me.

We've become more successful in getting our name and brand out across the DMV.

AdWords review by Will W.
Will W.

"Easy to use tool for cross funnel lead generation and pipeline acceleration"

What do you like best?

AdWords makes it easy to set up tracking for various kinds of conversions, making it easy to report return on varying conversion points.

What do you dislike?

Things can get out of hand quickly. The new functionality in AdWords will create recommendations for keywords, ad copy, etc., and automatically apply them if you do not review. This can add in some well performing but poor fitting ads or keywords. I've found that ads Google recommends get lots of clicks, but do not match offers or promotions on landing pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a defined strategy for how you aim to use search or display advertising, ensuring that you are matching content offers to keywords that relate to the appropriate buying personas and stage of buying. AdWords is a great tool for implementing strategy and not a strategy by itself.

AdWords has been instrumental in identifying prospects actively in the buying cycle. By using targeted keywords and well-matched offers, AdWords is a straight-forward way to gain consideration from prospects and add potential customers to nurture campaigns.

AdWords review by Courtni C.
Courtni C.

"Such a useful tool"

What do you like best?

AdWords is great because it's such an easy tool to use when you're trying to figure out keywords you either want to target or potentially stay away from, whether those keywords are single words or long-tail keywords, AdWords helps. It's such an easy system to understand and use. Once you pick it up, you get it. Not to mention there are so many great tutorials out there to help you learn the ins and outs even deeper. We use AdWords often when doing keyword research for our clients. Keywords are the name of the game.

What do you dislike?

While it does have so many great features and options for you to choose from, there are a lot of features you probably won't end up using. It can be overwhelming if you aren't exactly sure what everything is and just want to do the couple of things you'd like to do. You also need to know the best way to navigate this thing when you're trying to figure out the best keywords for you. Clients often come to us for help with this because competing for broad keywords can be hurtful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research as far as how to get the best use out of AdWords. Know going in what you're looking for, then navigating this is going to be much easier for you. It really is a wonderful tool if you know how to use it. Keywords are crucial for getting ranked and no one knows ranking better than Google.

We use AdWords for keyword research for our clients. It allows us to get specific so we aren't always trying to compete with the monsters out there for broad terms. It's hard to rank for a broad keyword in a huge category. AdWords helps us narrow our focus and figure out where we should be aiming.

AdWords review by Johnathan S.
Johnathan S.

"Cheap and easy way to get Quality Leads"

What do you like best?

I love how effective this tool is. Using a fairly small budget, we are able to target our audience and get quality leads that turn into customers. They have super helpful tools like their keyword planner to help you with your planning. I also greatly appreciate their customer support. If you ever get stuck, you can just give them a call. They are super helpful!

What do you dislike?

Because they have a lot of options, flexibility, and features, it can be a little complicated at first. But once you start using it and get a little help, it's not so bad. You also need to do a little of your own research in order to have some successful ads. You need to know your audience and do some A/B testing. Nothing too unusual though.

Out of all our ad campaigns, our Google Adwords campaign has produced one of the best ROI. It has helped us to be where our audience goes to find solutions and therefore collect better qualified leads who become customers.

AdWords review by Jacqueline D.
Jacqueline D.

"Fantastic, Personalized Advertising"

What do you like best?

I cannot say enough good things about Google Adwords. I have had great success in advertising with them to get new clients. The pricing is fair and straightforward, and you are able to change your budget online at anytime. No contracts and no annoying salespeople. They did offer the option to speak with representative for help with your ad at no extra cost which is great, but I did not utilize it. I love the flexibility and control that I have over the budget; if things in my business are tight, I can lower it whenever I want, and if I want to invest a little more, I can raise it!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say! AdWords is awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with search areas and Ad budget. Also, make sure you have the correct words in your ads!

AdWords is a great way for me to gain new clients. I am able to target the areas in which I want to focus, along with the search words I want to use. It is affordable and easy to track successes in their dashboard.

AdWords review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Great for Building Brand Awareness"

What do you like best?

I like AdWords for starting and building a new brand. We have many clients that come to us with products they've just released and Adwords has been key to building that awareness and then by adding other ad campaigns onto other platforms in around it. I also enjoy the depth at which you can build a campaign, which far exceeds the capabilities of Facebook ads.

What do you dislike?

It can take a lot of training to really capitalize on this platform, so if you're new to AdWords, I would take as many training courses as you can find out there. There are a lot of tricks and strategy to make the campaigns work properly and if you're not setting things up correctly you'll lose a lot of money with very little return.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend going to many trainings and reading up on the many different ways to use this platform. If you try to wing it, you'll find yourself spending a lot of money with very little return. Great platform, but requires strategy and skill to be highly successful.

We're solving the problem for our clients of building brand awareness for their new products and clients that have services that wouldn't run well in a Facebook ad. We've found a lot of success and built some strong clients with AdWords campaigns and it's given us a far better reach into potential clients than any other online ad service I've used.

AdWords review by deivis m.
deivis m.

" earnings with good publicity"

What do you like best?

The ease of use presented by the programs of this provider is very profitable, since they put it to compete with any number of companies and their conversions can be activated very easily. also we are talking about a processor of very good graphics which allows you to better oriental your next campaigns or the one you have in execution

What do you dislike?

Although the conversion margins are very good in terms of publicity, the costs are a little high, maybe you could avarage a little so that you can reach a greater number of users who do not have a capacity to pay when they start with the campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use all the tools provided by the product, from the graphics that are very good because it gives you detailed graphs of what kind of people are your campaigns.

You can reach a very large public since you have a solid company in terms of advertising. apart from being able to select which public in particular you want to arrive in order to make your investment more profitable.

AdWords review by Willem B.
Willem B.

"Great Addition To All Digital Marketing Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Adwords allows us to supplement our digital marketing campaigns. It's a perfect addition to any campaign because we are almost guaranteed good results that will help support our overall goal. Using keywords to supplement a campaign is also super easy because once you have an active campaign, your keywords should work themselves out beforehand. If you have a product our a website, you should know which keywords will function well or are desired for the campaign.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about AdWords. Their display network isn't as good as other display specific platforms but if you use it for SEM I think it functions well enough. The only thing I really struggle with at the moment is their testing of their beta. there are some features which did not transfer over from the old version to the new version. the do have forms to fill out for the feature comments, but I wonder how seriously they take user feedback while testing their beta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest considering AdWords to anybody that is proposing a digital marketing campaign. I believe it is a cornerstone piece of any plan.

We sometimes have issues spending our budget on large budget campaigns. AdWords provides a safety net of sorts that allows us to push our spend over the proposed budget. It's quick and easy to set up and can start spending within a couple of hours. If we realize that our campaigns on other networks are not delivering, we use AdWords as a backup.

AdWords review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"AdWords for Multi-Tiered Advertising Campaigns"

What do you like best?

AdWords allows for so much flexibility and customization for an organization through digital advertising. The ability to segment and retarget audiences allows us to create dynamic, multi-tiered campaigns to help nurture leads down our sales funnel.

What do you dislike?

One item which I find cumbersome is the inability to completely delete or remove an old campaign. There are times when we try a strategy or set up a test campaign which we would like to remove altogether, but are unable to. This makes our campaign list cluttered and somewhat unmanageable. Additionally, I wish it was a more simple process to share campaign settings between campaigns. There are certain settings (ad frequency, geographic location, content exclusions, etc.) which I'd like to be able to manage in one location and then apply to several campaigns. These are now all managed campaign by campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdWords, like any ad platform, has a learning curve. Don't expect to pick up all the intricacies of the platform in a day. The best advice I can give is to create a plan which clearly identifies how you will identify the success of a particular campaign, what metrics are most important to your organizations, and calculate the ROI on any given campaign to know when it's time to "call it quits" on a particular strategy. Without the proper identifying metrics in place, you will be unable to identify the success of your AdWords campaigns.

AdWords allows us to segment and retarget audiences to create fine-tuned campaigns which reach the audiences who are most likely to convert. The ability to create logic which stacks/tiers the campaigns based on the user's interactions makes these campaigns invaluable in our digital marketing strategy.

AdWords review by Anant A.
Anant A.

"Very Good For Quick Campaigns"

What do you like best?

When you don have access to laptop this is handy. You can quickly post a campaign and manage it in a professional way. Monitor progress and manage budget.

It is easy to use and provide many options so that you can reach your target audience in best possible way.

You can define age group, place, sex, preferences etc.

You can make sure you don't spend your money unwisely.

What do you dislike?

There are certain things that are missing, but well as for an app its quite good.

Sometimes, it becomes adamant about the budget. And sometimes, keywords cost a lot. You have to be careful while using keywords.

Also, try and negate the possibility of fake clicks. Fake clicks will end your budget very fast. A little more control on the things would have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use software and you can plan your online advertisement campaigns with ease.

With Adwords, I can plan my ads on google. And they can be planned in a details way, like demographics, you can choose your target audience.

It is a great user friendly easy to use product by google.

I don't need another tool to plan my campaigns as this does in a good way.

Also, I can run multiple campaigns at same time and use best keywords to generate leads. Adwords campaigns also improve your ranking on google and thus help is SEO, i.e. bringing your website ahead in searches.

AdWords review by David C.
David C.

"Great for small business to manage own digital"

What do you like best?

The platform itself is very easy to use and can be utilized by an individual to manage their own digital advertising. The functionality and design are pretty simple, but it still allows for greater depth for those who want to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand how well a search marketing (AdWords) campaign is performing or what should be done to improve it. Also, depending on how deep you want to go with it, it can be labor-intensive to watch over.

The display side on Google Display Network as well as display video and YouTube are simple and easier to understand the effectiveness of, but since they are limited to those respective networks they tend to be more expensive/less efficient than programmatic platforms that can utilize many networks.

We have been able to advertise for clients on GDN (although we have now moved all of that to a separate platform) as well as run YouTube campaigns for clients who want to reach customers there (which we still do).

AdWords review by Assaf S.
Assaf S.

"Still the "Bread and butter" of PPC"

What do you like best?

They keep on updating the ad formats and targeting methods to more advanced versions which usually help performance over time. Also, connecting the Adwords account with Google Analytics is an easy way to "power up" many aspects of Adwwords - at least while promoting non native apps.

What do you dislike?

The new design feels like it moves the focus away from ROI and tracking performance change.

Instead it focuses more on soft performance matrix, in hopes to get users to increase spend.

Of course everything is still available - its just a focus change in UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the available online resources and training available from Google.

When using GDN be patient while optimizing - it could take several months with GDN activity before it becomes stable, predictable, and profitable.

Linking you Adwords account to Google Analytics is an excellent way to get better conversion data, as well as audience engagement, and an easier why of creating custom audiences.

Depending on what you sell, search campaign might not be right for you at all: search campaigns usually show best results for products that already have market demand.

1. Mostly using search for reaching high intent users for the bottom of the funnel using search.

2. Also used to retarget users with different levels of intent; from those who previously visited the website, to those who abandoned the conversion funnel.

3. Recently also began utilizing this tool to amplify pieces of content.

AdWords review by Colton W.
Colton W.

"UI Improvements are both positive and negative "

What do you like best?

AdWords has been an incredibly functional tool to reach new customers, generate leads and traffic, and drive product sales. A robust tool to find, track, and market to a whole new set of people.

What do you dislike?

Recent UI improvements have made things harder to grasp. AdWords is a tool that hasn't made a dramatic change to the design of the tool itself in years, so a change in design means that things are definitely more difficult to pick up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool to grow your sales, reach new clients, or just increase brand awareness, this is the tool for you. If you're just starting out, you'll find the setup process simpler before, and AdWords Express offers an incredibly easy to use interface to quickly get your ads up and running without any technical experience.

We're able to reach groups of potential clients that we never thought we would, using demographic targeting tools to be able to find those clients and market to them across several channels. This has grown our sales by thousands and our brand awareness has never been better. Reaching new clients, recruiting new agents, and selling more homes has made AdWords an essential tool for us.

AdWords review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Solid Advertising Platform, but could provide better conversion data"

What do you like best?

The platform provides an easy way to create ads, control budget, and produce a variety of campaigns painlessly. The analytics connection to Google Analytics makes the Google AdWords a great platform to create fairly accurate traffic summaries.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is easy to use and is very well developed, it doesn't provide conversion metrics that allow users to understand the quality of conversions. Other platforms, like HubSpot Marketing Ads Add-on, provide user specific details. This means that without a separate platform, I can't understand the quality of the people that are converting. Without seeing actual contact data, I am not able to understand how well a campaign is performing. The support is also a bit on the slow side. If you don't have an advertising agency helping you, Google's support can be much slower (this is likely because the agencies have a better relationship with Google than any single company could have).

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing advertising platforms, make sure you are using a platform that provides all of your advertising needs (remarketing, CPM, CPC, etc.). You wouldn't want to settle for one solution and not have access to a particular advertising channel.

Provides a robust advertising platform for marketing efforts.

AdWords review by Shelley H.
Shelley H.

"Depends on Your Business Objectives"

What do you like best?

AdWords has served some of our clients very well by bringing in short term traffic while we ramp up momentum on organic traffic. Conversions have been a mixed bag, hence the 7 rating.

What do you dislike?

AdWords doesn't have as much targeting capability as a social platform like Facebook or Instagram. I've also had clients complain about the high amount of "bad calls" coming from ads - users who were looking for a competitor's phone number or at times looking for an entirely different vertical. I don't like that AdWords does not have a system for refunds on these types of calls.

AdWords has worked best for us in driving phone call leads, particularly for emergency services (think emergency dental, hvac work, etc) As mentioned before, it drives traffic to fill in a gap while we wait for more organic traffic to ramp up and gain traction.

AdWords review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"STOP! Adwords doesn't work for every business"

What do you like best?

You can achieve near instant results and quickly drive pre-vetted potential customers to see your products or service

What do you dislike?

There's a trade off between getting clicks and blowing your daily budget quickly versus getting highly targeted customers who are definitely looking for what you offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

FOR B2B USERS ONLY

Things to consider which you may not have thought about.

1) Can you differentiate how a potential client searches for your product versus how a regular consumer might search. If they amount to about the same thing (which they do for us) it's very hard to ensure you're getting quality traffic even if you limit Ad appearances to EXACT keyword matches

2) Look at competitor's campaigns and keywords. See how well you appear in each of these searches organically. Learn from their mistakes / successes.

3) Work hard to determine exactly which search terms you want to target. DON'T try too many - see how a handful go first.

4) Once you've done 3) you need to make sure you have a landing page that specifically delivers on that search term in terms of content, high quality usage of related keywords etc. YES it's a lot of work but actually this is the sort of stuff you need to do to boost your SEO so it's not entirely wasted.

5) Add video wherever you can to illustrate the main points of a landing page. Google likes this. The higher quality your landing page the less you will have to bid to be top of the list of Ads presented for each search term.

6) Finally, we missed out on certain tracking functionality because our website is built on WIX and we couldn't add certain snippets of tracking code to the page headers of our landing pages etc. So, make sure you can easily (and cheaply) add third party code to the head section of your most important web pages.

Typical business needs of driving quality sales enquiries. Unfortunately, we after 5 months of medium level spending we've received ZERO converted business so we haven't realised any benefit.

AdWords review by Tony V.
Tony V.

"Adwords is a complex and powerful tool - Beginners beware"

What do you like best?

Adwords is powerful like crazy. No where else can one reach Google's search users. Google has built a great search engine audience over the last 18-20 years and now has the lion's share of the search market.

What do you dislike?

I wish Adwords was easier to use. Companies like Wordstream have a great "overlay" that make maintaining Adwords much easier with only 20 minutes a day. Using Adwords natively is not for for the faint of heart. It's a complex system and one should not just hook up a credit cards, set a few campaigns and let it run. I wish Google would realize this and make it easier for beginners to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use AdWords, you need to login every day or at least 3-4 times per week. If you set it and forget it, you are wasting your money. Use a company like "Wordstream" that overlays on Adwords and makes managing your account so much easier.

Adwords helped us launch a new website into a new market that was otherwise unaware of us.. It helped us make inroads quickly but it cost us thousands before we were aware of the implications of automated marketing.

AdWords review by Rorie R.
Rorie R.

"Intimidated by the Unknown"

What do you like best?

I avoided using AdWords for a while simply because I thought it was more advanced than what I was capable of. But, honestly, it's so easy and has significantly increased my personal website's traffic and my company's traffic.

What do you dislike?

The majority of the visitors are only visiting the home page. I wish there was more options to connect to a specific page but I do understand why that's not totally feasible. It can also get confusing with the AdWords vs AdWords Express, which was hard to figure out when we first started. It caused a lot of confusion on the back end, even though we knew the service was working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid or intimidated by this service. There's plenty of support and Google has all the tutorials you could need to at least be intermediate and understand the program within a day/one use.

We're attracting new customers that may have never heard of us before. 85% of our business is referral so it's important we start networking OUTSIDE of our network that we've currently built. We love our loyal clients but we are always looking to find new ones to grow with.

AdWords review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"AdWords makes PPC powerful and measurable"

What do you like best?

You can control your daily budgets and essentially bid your ads into whatever position you like on the page. It's nice to get what you pay for.

What do you dislike?

AdWords helps you to optimize but it's still mostly up to you to make sure your landing page is optimized for the given ad. It's important to pay attention to these things but you have to rely on your own judgment for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The bigger AdWords customer you are, the better your support will be. Free consultations used to be offered, but they have become a little harder to come by as the service has grown. Agencies and large companies using AdWords have an advantage because they are likely managing more money being spent on the service.

AdWords allows us to target potential clients who might benefit from our services.

AdWords review by Fiona C.
Fiona C.

"Ideal as a short term boost to your organic SEO"

What do you like best?

The keyword planner tool and detailed reporting are excellent

What do you dislike?

Google now requires that you have to have an active campaign to access the actual figures for average monthly search data on keywords in the planing tool. However, what it considers an active campaign is not clear - if it is a dollar value of monthly spend then it would be good to know what this is. If your campaign is for a niche market in a targeted geographical location, then low click-through figures can keep you below the minimum measure (whatever that may be). The idea of running pointless campaigns to reach an unknown figure is counter-productive to operating an efficient marketing strategy using adwords. Ideally I would suggest to Google an option for a set monthly rate minus monthly spend, so that it is free when campaign cost is over this rate.Then this platform would cater for a wider market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best used as a complement to your ongoing SEO or to provide a short-term boost or targeted campaign. AdWords campaign performance can be improved with a strong foundation of SEO content in place that aligns with the targeted key phrase, and a long-term SEO strategy that employs a range of methods, including AdWords, is more likely to maintain higher page rankings that are sustainable in the long term.

I invest a small amount in AdWords for my own business, to support organic page rankings. As a copywriter I utilise the keyword planner tools for my own content and that of my clients. This is particularly useful when creating SEO webcopy for small businesses and sole traders. Knowing average monthly searches for key phrases helps to choose the right combinations to optimise on each web page being updated/created, and provides the client with a better foundation for ongoing SEO of their site.

AdWords review by James F.
James F.

"Effective PPC with Adwords"

What do you like best?

Adwords is a great platform when used correctly and cost effectively to generate commissions through CPA marketing. Using it for CPA marketing is an amazing way to build your email list and get an immediate return. This is how I generally recoup my advertising costs. It's almost like zero cost advertising.

What do you dislike?

Where pricing in specific phrases are changed, leading to a potential blowout in your daily budget. You can tend to get keywords and phrases at optimum PPC pricing. This can blow out your budget quickly if you are running on a minimal budget, especially when testing and scaling. My recommendation is to set your PPC manually to start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adwords is very effective when trained correctly. Having insufficient knowledge of adwords and how it's PPC program works can have a significant impact on your daily budget. I would advise to undertake a free educational course prior to using this platform.

Through my experience of internet marketing, using this platform is powerful for CPA marketing. You get an almost immediate return if your conversions are high as well as you are correctly targeting the correct geographic areas. When it comes to customer acquisition, training and targeting your correct target market is vital. If you do not get this component correctly you will leave ALOT of money on the table and blowing out your advertising budget.

Generating commissions through the ability to find key phrases and generate quality leads.

AdWords review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"Great tool for those who know how search engine advertising works"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Adwords is the small things they've managed to get right. Things like easy-to-use filters, intuitive column customization, etc. come in really handy for any marketing person looking to improve their search campaign. With the new UI (which is way more pleasing to the eyes), one can surely take out insights from their campaign faster.

What do you dislike?

Their recommendation engine is not that smart at the moment and more often than not it's better to ignore the suggestions, especially with regards to keywords. Also, the search volume estimates provided by the tool (keyword planner) are not accurate.

The customer support is also very mediocre unless you're spending in millions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adwords is your tool if you've understood the pros and the cons of search engine advertising and are confident enough to handle it on your own or have the budget to hire someone to do it for you. Don't expect too much from the support team.

As an agency, we use AdWords to help our clients generate qualified leads. We've seen that Adwords complements our inbound marketing efforts nicely.

AdWords review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Fabulous for Qualified Responses if follow up in place"

What do you like best?

The ability to continually optimize and add to the keywords selected. One of my recent campaigns for an art school client went from 300% ROI to 1300% ROI by adding keywords each day based upon the current searches.

What do you dislike?

It is very complicated to learn how to get a real return. Fortunately, I have had several stunning Adwords specialists with Google help me. I also had several not so stunning specialists lead me astray. The secret is to keep trying and listen very carefully to their strategy, not what they are specifically telling you to do. Then you can make adjustments and learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adwords is an excellent advertising platform but you need to understand marketing, advertising, targeting, segmentation and analytics. Companies should hire an agency or a consultant to help them.

With many of my marketing clients it is unclear what the prospect thinks their pain point/issue/problem is at the outset. Many clients may not even understand that they are actually growing a new category, then it's even harder to understand their prospects' issues. This directly relates to the keywords selected. Adwords helps us learn how the prospect is thinking at the very beginning of this process by the search terms they use. This benefits us in a much broader sense in terms of all of our digital marketing. Being more specific, we can apply it to SEO for sites and content but it also informs the emotional basis of all of your communication. This is very hard to quantify, but in some isolated cases, it is responsible for a change in strategic direction and every sales increase. In others, it simply means that our ROI for advertising increases.

AdWords review by Linus K.
Linus K.

"Great tool for marketing "

What do you like best?

Wonderful advertising service that you can easily monitor and adjust your advertisement and marketing needs based on products performance. Google AdWords has no contract and minimum spend which is excellent for many young companies like us. We got AdWords performance review in a weekly base from our vendor and it helps us to understand better about the current market and where are our customers and clients locate. Creating ad is so very fun. The analytics and administration function is impressive and offers accurate and reliable information.

What do you dislike?

I didn't remember how much time I have spent on try to figure out how to use it. So be aware that Google AdWords is not something like Googe Doc or Google Drive that you can figure out by yourself in a second. After many hours of team struggles, we decided to partner with a digital marketing agency which provides PPC, SEO, and web services. Even with help from the agency, sometimes we were still surprised to learn how much Google AdWords cost us or problems we are facing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember Google AdWord is an advising service and it offers the flexibility of managing your own budget. But also keep in mind that things can get tricky and sometimes the cost might surprise you. It's better in hand with people have digital marketing skills otherwise you will encounter lots of troubles.

We need our company website and products show up in top 3-5 google pages when people use google engine search keywords. GoogleAdWords make it possible.

AdWords review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Great Lead Generation When Done Right"

What do you like best?

Adwords is a very powerful tool that used correctly, can produce leads and a good ROI. We have seen some success in our Adwords campaign that has helped drive traffic to our website and increase leads. I would highly recommend this for almost every company. Whether you spend a little or a lot, it can help. It is fairly well organized once you learn the layout and how it works.

What do you dislike?

While Adwords can help you, it can also cause you to spend a lot of money if you don't know what you're doing. The system tries to offer tips, but honestly you need to research on your own. We disregard the advice and tips and follow our own method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, I would recommend learning how Adwords works and really understanding how each piece fits into the overall campaign. If not, you need to consider hiring an agency to handle Adwords for you. You are spending money and if you don't pay attention, you can quickly spend thousands of dollars without knowing it. If you do move forward, keep a close eye on it and make sure to check it often and adjust as needed. Keep in mind the bidding changes quickly so the cost can fluctuate all the time.

Adwords has helped us with lead generation, which has helped grow our business. We've had a pretty good ROI so far, which has made the use of Adwords worth it to us.

AdWords review by Murager S.
Murager S.

"One of the important service for online advertising "

What do you like best?

1. 24-hour online statistics;

2. Placement of ads within a few minutes of their creation;

3. Ability to use video and graphic images for advertising;

4. The possibility of setting geographic targeting (broadcast ads in certain countries, cities);

5. Use of several key queries in one ad;

6. Ability to independently determine the cost of the transition for an ad. In addition, you can set a maximum limit per day (from $ 0.5). When this indicator is reached, the broadcast will be suspended until the next day;

7. You can change the text of the advertisement at any time;

8. Ability to choose a goal: increase traffic on the site, calls or simply informing users;

9. Ability to accurately schedule the time for displaying advertisements;

What do you dislike?

1. With increased competition in the market - an increase in the cost of the transition;

2. Lack of official registration for legal entities;

3. Difficulties with managing an advertising company with a large number of keywords;

4. Lack of support for some types of plastic cards;

Attracting the target audience of the business.

AdWords review by Heiko T.
Heiko T.

"Market Leader for SEA"

What do you like best?

If you think first about your audience and their search behaviour - Adwords can deliver really qualified search traffic on Google searches to your website. The campaigns are relatively easy to setup and you can get traffic quickly, which is in my opinion the biggest advantage. You can get pretty fast traffic and additionally interesting search data, which you can also use later on for your SEO efforts.

What do you dislike?

More or less in most countries google adwords is the market leader and there is no real alternative. Prices go up from year to year and the competition is getting harder and harder. Never start without someone, who knows what he is doing. Otherwise you maybe waste a lot of money. If you use an agency, make sure to get offers from different ones and compare the prices and references. Unfortunately there are a lot of agencies out there, who charge their customers way to much money and even don't do a great job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study first the official resources Adwords offers you. You can also check your knowledge by doing an Adwords certificate for free. Afterwards check websites regularly, which cover PPC trends to be always up-to-date about new trends and features.

Like I already mentioned, it is pretty good for short term traffic - especially if you start with a new business (idea). In the long run other channels like SEO have maybe a higher ROI. But especially for keywords with low search volume but a high conversion potential Adwords is great. It's maybe not worth to create a peace of content for a keyword with 50 searches per month, but creating an Ad in 10 minutes is maybe worth the effort.

AdWords review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Great tool IF you know how to use it...."

What do you like best?

I hold all of Google's certifications for Google AdWords and Google Analytics and love the fact that they provide these educational tools and certifications for free. Although it takes a lot of time to learn how to use the program successfully, once you learn how to use it, the time you have invested pays back 100% and more. I also think that Google's attentiveness to how they adjust the platform to meet consumer needs and generate positive results to their users is also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

As an experienced AdWords user using their platform is second nature to me BUT without my background and experience, I think it would be a tough tool to understand and use successfully. I have tried training several employees to use this platform AND can honestly say that it is tough to teach and that the turn around time to really get to know this program takes A LOT of time and effort. Sadly, educating yourself on how to use this platform is not a one-time process. You have to continue to study what Google offers, as well as, outside sources providing information and the information you learn from using the platform yourself. The online world is constantly changing and Google adjusts their platform to meet expectations of online users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the education and certifications Google offers to ensure you know how to use this platform properly. If that is not possible, find a trusted outside vendor or hire someone that has the necessary knowledge to generate positive results for you and/or your business.

I use google AdWords as a consultant (aka... selling my experience) but I also use it to generate business for my own company and have been 100% successful at giving my clients PROVEN results and positive ROIs (Return-On-Investments) using this service.

AdWords review by Mitch L.
Mitch L.

"The Standard in PPC"

What do you like best?

Whether you like it or not, Google Adwords is the standard for PPC and search bidding. The UI and UX of the product allowed me to organize campaigns easily. Google recommends that you start campaigns with broad searches and narrow them down as you go, but for me, the opposite was true. Starting too broad was expensive, so I organized my campaigns with specific and targeted search terms, expanding them as needed. The platform itself is pretty easy to use and when integrated with your Google Analytics account, it'll provide extra insights for better bidding.

What do you dislike?

Though the keyword planner is robust and works well if you're a high bidder, we were presented with lots of aggregated search volume data when using it on new accounts. We remedied this by using our older accounts for research purposes.

Another thing, your dedicated support rep is only as good as your budget. If you are spending millions per month on ads, then you'll get VIP treatment. If you're spending a few hundred or thousand, then the quality of the support declines significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the ins and outs of Adwords if you have a small budget. It's not a knock on the Adwords reps, but having a larger budget definitely affords better service.

We used Bing ads and other ppc bidding platforms, including third party. Overall, Google adwords allowed the most control and customization of campaigns. It works with any budget allowing us to test very specific campaigns without too much burn.

AdWords review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Not for beginners but essential for business"

What do you like best?

The best thing about AdWords for us is the ability to create a range of adverts, set our own shared budgets and analyse success quickly. I particularly like the opportunities feature which makes it quick and simple for us to spot areas for improvement and make changes.

What do you dislike?

Google Adwords can be very daunting and complicated for a novice. It takes a long time to pick up where all the appropriate sections are for making changes and making sure all the information is complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good scour through some best practice tutorials online to ensure you are using the system to its fullest and getting the best out of it.

The ability to target our audience to certain age groups and geographical locations has been fundamental to our business development. Setting a shared budget across all campaigns also makes sure we are not overspending but still prioritising our best campaigns.

AdWords review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Use Adwords as your PPC traffic if you don't mind paying for quality, expensive traffic"

What do you like best?

Adwords deliver qualified search traffic on Google searches. The PPC campaigns are relatively easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

Google has very minimal if not almost nonexistence customer service when it comes to their Adwords product. If they reject your ads for violating their policies, be ready to have to play games with Google as Google rarely offers direct feedback on why they rejected your ads in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately there aren't a ton of competition on the market. If you want to target search PPC traffic, your only option is Adwords or Bing. Adwords certainly delivers quality traffic, however, you have to pay pretty pennies for that.

Adwords is great at quickly delivering traffic to your website. If you want to test out conversions and see how people interact with your site, Adwords is a great tool for that. We have used Adwords to drive traffic to test new strategies and also use PPC traffic to generate new leads.

AdWords review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"Google AdWords are worth a shot"

What do you like best?

Working for a non-profit, Google actually gave us a grant for free AdWords! So, for us, it's a no-brainer as to whether we use AdWords or not since it's no cost to us. I like that Google is the search engine of choice for most people, so you're sure to get some traffic with your ad. I also like the targeting system, which allows you to choose the areas in which you want your ad/information to be seen.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it all depends on what you're trying to promote. If you have a commodity that is being sought, you'll get a bunch of clicks. But we haven't seen a tremendous amount of traffic on most of our ads, so if the service wasn't free for us, I'm not sure I'd recommend them. I'd say it's probably worth it to try AdWords for a month (while setting the budget at a realistic goal), and see if it benefits your business or organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google AdWords can be a very good option for your business or organization. Just be sure to set your target audience appropriately, and be sure to set a realistic budget that doesn't break the bank. You pay per click, so you only pay when potential customers/clients are looking at your information. It's worth a try for at least a month to see what results you get.

We use AdWords to promote available properties, upcoming events, special initiatives, things to get citizens more engaged in our community, and more. You can reach your target audience just by creating an ad, and lead the web traffic to your website, or even receive phone calls from your ad. It's another piece of the puzzle that helps us spread the word about our community in an inexpensive way.

AdWords review by Bogdan D.
Bogdan D.

"Google Adwords Remarkteting is a MUST!"

What do you like best?

We're a software company and therefore, we get a lot of visitors to our website. Not every one of them clicks, downloads or purchases right away. So we put Google Adwords pixel on our website to track all of the visitors on our website. We then target everyone who was already interested in our products and show them targeted ads. This includes youtube video ads and banners. Works like a charm because we can directly target the person who already showed interest in our product but did not finish the purchase for some reason.

What do you dislike?

Well it's still a bit confusing at first. So it takes time to get used to it. The interface has a new and updated UI which I chose to see. It doesn't work perfect just yet but looks more up to date. All of the most popular features are available right away.

The only thing I really consider disliking is the actual price we have to pay for it. Of course, I'd like it to be lower. But we work with what's given to us.

We are solving the problem of reaching out to our target audience OUTSIDE of our own website. The benefits are all in the recognition of your brand that users can constantly see. They are also reminded about the product they were once interested in. This is all done thanks to Google's Adwords remarketing feature.

AdWords review by Lottie F.
Lottie F.

"Good Training"

What do you like best?

I like that Adwords provides you with the free training to learn and understand Adwords. There's a lot of paid online courses out there to teach you adwords, but Google provides it for free and provides certifications for free as well.

What do you dislike?

May seem a bit complicated at first. There's a lot going on and a lot of options to make your advertising campaigns more advanced. I wish some of the language was a bit more accessible for someone who hasn't been through a lot of training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take Google's free training academy and get certified so you're able to fully understand what adwords has to offer. Explore the customization, but don't be bogged down by all the advanced settings or reports. You can learn as you go along. Start simple with a text ad and gauge your results. Start with a small budget and increase as your comfortable with your ability to create ads and run them and once you're able to accurately measure the results of your campaigns. Link with analytics to get a full understanding of how your ads send people to your website and how those users interact with your website. Linking the two will give you a better overall strategy.

The ability to advertise only to the people searching for us. It feels much more efficient to spend money for the clicks you get, rather than only the impressions that may not even have an interest in our company.

AdWords review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Effective when used correctly"

What do you like best?

AdWords is incredibly versatile for businesses. With daily budget options, it works for small businesses on up. As the advertiser we also have a lot of control over how are ads are seen, the features that accompany them, and making changes when we find what is or is not working.

What do you dislike?

Although Google has a ton of resource videos and material, it still takes some time to get "good enough" to achieve the type of results that justify daily spending. There are a lot of features that are often underutilized, but if you have the time to master some basics, then it can increase your return significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't know what you are doing, it will be easy to waste a lot of money. Establish your goals with AdWords for your business, and build it out as part of a coherent marketing strategy to determine whether it is working for you. Refer back to your campaigns when you have data to analyze, and adjust appropriately.

We mostly use Google Search Network and remarketing. This has worked incredibly well at driving website traffic and following up with prospects. With a variety of strategy to increase CTR and decrease cost per click, it has become a powerful tool within our marketing mix.

AdWords review by Elnaz S.
Elnaz S.

"Successful Marketing tool!"

What do you like best?

We can use specific criteria to target desired smaller target audience and it works! Great Return on Investment so far. And the results can be monitored instantly. I also really like the reporting and monitoring tools once one learns how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Takes a little bit of training and research to really learn how to use the tool properly and how to use the reporting portion. The other dislike is we can't really track the clicks with inbound leads to our website unless the ads are directly linked to a landing page and/or form where prospects can fill out their information and submit the form post clicking the ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, give it a try as part of your ongoing Marketing and web optimization programs. If you do not have the experience or bandwidth to implement this in-house, it is worth working with an agency or 3rd part consultant to implement this tool. The ROI on this tool is typically quick and higher than some of the other tools on the market.

We using Google Adwords primarily for web ranking, brand awareness, and lead generation. We have achieved great results so far by generating net new leads directly from our Adwords and converting those into closed won revenue. We had an ROI of 250% from a closed won deal that came directly as a result of a Google Adword. So in terms of problems solved, we are solving long sales cycle by shortening them.

AdWords review by Billy P.
Billy P.

"Google AdWords Review"

What do you like best?

The fact that Google AdWords is free is first & foremost amazing, giving anyone the opportunity to access detailed data regarding website traffic obtained from AdWords such as Impressions, Clicks, CTR & CPC.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be hard to manage for a novice, especially the new version. I think stream-lining the product to be a little-more ascetically pleasing live the older version could make it easier to use for a lot for consumers. I feel as the new interface can scare away a lot of users once they dive in for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though it may appear as a daunting task at first to create an AdWords campaign to drive traffic to your website, take your time & read-up as much as you can to stay the course. It will get easier as time goes on as you continue to use it.

I am solving the issue of how to maximize traffic to our website from paid search. I am realizing where our traffic is in-regards to particular keywords while seeing what keywords are not resonated with users to incite them to click to visit our website.

AdWords review by Zee G.
Zee G.

"Convenient, but takes time to get used to it"

What do you like best?

Google AdWords is a great tool for advertising for my company since a majority of our target market is using Google and therefore, together with SEO optimization for our website, Google AdWords allows to attract people to our website.

The ad creation wizards and preloaded templates also are a great help to a beginner in advertising.

What do you dislike?

Google AdWords offers a ton of functionality and possibilities for tweaking. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. Unless there is a specific person who spends all his/her time researching and studying it, it's sometimes might seem daunting and you might end up spending a lot of money on ads, more than you should've (or could've).

We have good SEO on our website, but sometimes in order to attract customers' attention to a specific service or product, we have used AdWords to raise the awareness. It's great that it doesn't have any limits on the number of ads you can launch and therefore you can do A/B/C/.../Z testing to see what works best for your target audience.

AdWords review by Andre P.
Andre P.

"Google AdWords for Business-Users"

What do you like best?

I think Google AdWords is a fantasic tool for advertising. There are many option you can use and you can check your spendings at every time for each campaign. You can use different advertising formats like textads, display-banner or google shopping. You have full controll of your mediabudget and you can see your success nearly right in time.

What do you dislike?

At this time the Google AdWords Interface will get a new style. Some advertisers can use and test the new Beta of Adwords. I have the chance to test the new interface and I have to say that it is great but some "old" option are missing. Hope Google will integrate the old options in the new interface soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google AdWords had a lot of options to use. You can create different campaigns and AdGroups fot different topics. You create Textads and Keywords and you can choose a max. CPC for each keyword. You can select different targeting options like country, gender, age and a lot of more. In AdWords you can create textads or Banner-Ads (GDN - Google Display Netzwork) or you can use Google Shopping, if you have an online Shop with different products.

We use Google AdWords to get more Webiste-Traffic and to make conversions. We have different AdWords-Accounts for different countries and we could optimise our mediaspendings to a great cost per order.

AdWords review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Adwords is Crucial in Every Marketing Campaign"

What do you like best?

Adwords is one of the most crucial platforms a digital marketer should be familiar with. The platform isn't simple and it can have hidden nuances - but your level of commitment to the platform will be showcased in your advertising performance.

In comparison to Facebook Ads, I recommend learning and engaging with Adwords first - they share a few similarities, but Adwords has a smaller learning curve.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be more features to guide new users to their first successful campaign. The initial learning curve is heavy and it can generally scare new advertisers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend engaging with Google Adwords courses so you or your team don't engage in wasteful spending.

Google Adwords helps us with nearly every part of the marketing funnel. We've been able to advertise more effectively on YouTube and cater our video content towards the top and middle funnel.

AdWords review by Anthony K.
Anthony K.

"Great For Audience Targeting"

What do you like best?

It is very efficient at finding the right audience to display the ads. It can target specifically the type of audience that your choice. No other advertising tools can be this accurate in finding the right person to display the ads.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive compared to other advertising tools but a good product came at a great price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdWords are quite expensive as compared to other platforms, a budget of around $150 is recommended for an effective campaign. Google offers $100 credit for first-time users and occasionally $50 credit for current users. Be sure to claim the offers before they went into waste!

We need a targeted advertising tool to help with marketing, AdWords is the best tool for the job as it is very accurate at targeting the audience for us.

AdWords review by Jared H.
Jared H.

"AdWords will create great success for your business"

What do you like best?

AdWords is an easy to use platform that allows you to promote your business on the Google SERP (Search Engine Results Page). This platform is a digital marketer's best friend. AdWords is highly customizable. Users can find huge success if they constantly monitor and evaluate their Keyword selection, Keyword research, and optimize their ads.

What do you dislike?

The platform does not work well on an autopilot. You need to devote a lot of (wo)man power into the monitoring and optimizing of ads and performing Keyword research. If the ads are left on autopilot you will bleed money and your ads won't perform well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have someone that knows what they're doing otherwise you will bleed money into your ads that aren't optimized and your ads will then become expensive.

AdWords allows you create really successful ads that will get your business more real estate on the Google SERP and allow you to improve your conversions - whatever they may be.

AdWords review by Marli E.
Marli E.

"A Necessary Tool (Which Some May Call Evil)"

What do you like best?

What I love? The fact that you can put yourself at the top of competition race immediately as you build up your organic SEO. So depending on your market, it can take you a long time to actually rank organically. With Adwords you put your business at the number one spot and begin getting leads and generating income.

What do you dislike?

The downside to this platform is that if you do not have a sufficient budget, you really won't see much of a result. For example, dentists who are running adword campaigns can be paying between $8 to $30 a click depending on their city market and service. Some could pay as little as $3 per click.. But you have to average out how much you want/can to invest in order to really be a competitor in this race or to really reap any of the benefits.

Getting leads. A business must generate leads in order to help pay for the bills - this is one way of doing this.

AdWords review by Federico V.
Federico V.

"AdWords Professional User"

What do you like best?

No doubt that Google AdWords is the best search marketing tool to boost your visibility, conversions and over all performances of your online business. If you get acquainted with some basic pillars your first campign can be easily online within few hours. But to get the best results, you have to work hard day by day and take at least 2 examinations to get your Professional AdWords Certificate.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to get acquainted with Google AdWords mainly due to its big variety of options and possibilities for advertiser, but I have to say that theyr support is great and they also give you a lot -litterary -a lot of training resources (user's manual, video and/or live trainings, webinars, and so on).

Recommendations to others considering the product

To fully enjoy your Google AdWords experience a good training period is required. My suggestion is to go through all of the training courses, starting from the basic ones and following with the specialistic ones (mobile adv, for example). You can also choose to take examinations in order to get your AdWords Professional Certificate (note that to get the certificate you have to mange campaigns for at least 3 month and a $10.000 budget within the period).

AdWords is a good webmarketing solution both for small local and limited campaigns, and for a big corporation worldwide digital strategy. The possibility to invest exactly the right budget you want to invest, proportionally to results, is a great feature.

AdWords review by Cassandra F.
Cassandra F.

"Google Adwords Review"

What do you like best?

Google Adwords is a great tool to use to gather customer's onto the site. It helps conversions and brings business into companies. Being able to see the keywords customer's are typing in and clicking helps you gather more information for your company and what keywords should be used.

What do you dislike?

I think the pricing is very high. I wish the pricing was more reasonable for the keywords so you are able to have a reasonable budget and get more conversions and clicks out of it. When you look at the search keywords and want to add some to negative keywords so you don't use money, it doesn't allow you to add "long" keywords to negative keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More reasonable pricing and budgets for first page ads.

Gathering a customer based and clientele on the websites. Also, gathering conversions on the products helps the company grow. Google Adwords has help realized what customers are looking for .

AdWords review by Antony A.
Antony A.

"Fastest way to build awareness"

What do you like best?

Reporting has become a lot easier when it comes to the new dashboard. Monthly review emails provide you a larger snapshot and get into the details clearly to build up an idea of your growth over the previous months faster.

What do you dislike?

Conversions: It is hard to incorporate/visualize conversion over google analytics and rather has a very basic snapshot

Needs to have a landing page builder and an optimisation tool for the landing pages that we use. Seriously this is the downside. All the other tools out there are making money out of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to an AdWords consultant for more tips and better optimising the Ads if you are the first user.

Try all the latest features, Ad scheduling, Negative keywords are really important to reduce your Ad spend.

Call Extensions really help and also add in site links to build credibility and help users navigate better.

Amplifying growth in terms of sales and brand awareness with Adwords. Pushing in a more relevant audience with targeted geo search features. Easy to gain more traction to new products or marketing activities but initially it is harder to bring down the CPL

Learning about AdWords?

* We monitor all AdWords reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.