Aeries SIS

Aeries SIS is a comprehensive solution that incorporates multiple technologies to meet the diverse and ever-changing needs of California educators.

Work for Aeries SIS?

Learning about Aeries SIS?

Aeries SIS Reviews

Showing 26 Aeries SIS reviews
Aeries SIS review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Stores large amounts of information, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that the software can run labels and reports easily, it saves me a tremendous amount of time. It's also fairly self explanatory, meaning that all categories are labeled and placed so that they are easy to find.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the only way to import pictures is using a more complicated "Eagle" software. Also, until recently you were not able to see what date/time changes were made to student contacts. However, they have solved that issue very recently. It would be nice if it was more user friendly for the parents to update their information on the portal as well. As of now, it requires them to have specific login details from the school, and that can be time consuming to hand out to 600 parents.

It offers a quick easy way to access tons of information about students. It also really helps that we can document almost anything in the system, because this comes in handy when parents have important questions about their children. They can even know when they had a scraped knee or a blister at school.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Aeries SIS
User in Education Management

"Good, from a teacher's perspective"

What do you like best?

I like how I can link classes together so that it's easier to manage when you teach 3 of the same classes.

I like how if the student is absent, it shows up on the gradebook screen and I can check to see if it was an excused or unexcused absence and deal with it accordingly in the gradebook without having to transfer to the attendance screen. It's also helpful to import grades for grade reporting.

What do you dislike?

I liked being able to see the whole class roster at one time (not on attendance view) and can click on each student and see various different information, such as their transcripts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good attendance/gradebook system. I used to hear of teachers "losing" their grades, but since they've updated (which is when I have been using it), I haven't had any problems, thankfully.

I use Aeries for Attendance and the gradebook. It's easy for the students and parents to have one login for their school information.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Aeries SIS review by Anthony N.
Anthony N.

"Comprehensive software with lots of shortcomings"

What do you like best?

Aeries is a great software in that it allows the user to take attendance, record grades, create seating charts, keep records, etc. all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The service doesn't play well in terms of allowing the user flexibility. The interface isn't very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software as it is very comprehensive. However, the user interface is not very intuitive and sometimes confusing. I once thought that all my grades are submitted, but there were extra steps to take that I did not know about. I was late submitting grades once because I didn't know that my grades were not submitted until I was contacted and had to go to several people to get my grades done completely and correctly.

I'm in the business of education. This software is supposed to be easy to use and intuitive, but it is not. One thing I would like to do on the fly is to duplicate assignments that can be given over and over again such as "homework" or "participation." I don't have the option to "copy assignment" so I can just change the date week by week or day by day.

Aeries SIS review by Misty P.
Misty P.

"Aeries in the cloud"

What do you like best?

I am able to see the data from this year and prior years without logging in and out separately. I am also able to see the District or my own site.

What do you dislike?

That the teachers, admin, support staff, students, and parents all see a different version of the same information so it makes helping out difficult.

Complete Student Database at our fingertips. Now even faster than before

Aeries SIS review by Auran S.
Auran S.

"Easy grading "

What do you like best?

I transfer my students’ grades from grade book to report cards by one push of a button.

What do you dislike?

Lots to get use to and learn at first .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not give up in figuring this thing out . Once you get the hang of it, it makes life easier

Report cards are done quickly .

User in Education Management

"Aeries Student Information System review"

What do you like best?

I like the easy accessibility that Aeries has. It is easy to use, simple yet has everything. I also like how the background pictures for the log—in page change daily. It’s refreshing and exciting.

What do you dislike?

I wish that students pictures were next to their names on the attendance page. If I have a sub, this would really help. It would also helps you find what you’re looking for in a shorter amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Aeries, especially since student information can be transferred from school site to another site

Aeries provides a quick, easy, organized way to take daily student attendance and access student information. If I need to print out a student’s records of attendance, everything is logged into Aeries and ready for me to print.

"Great SIS "

What do you like best?

The Aeries Query is very powerful. Add the ability to use SQL and pulling information is easy.

What do you dislike?

Not all CS abilities seem to not be on the Web version yet. Have to swap between the two at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a SIS that is well suited for CalPADS and is easy to run reports and queries, Aeries is your answer. Easy to use and quick to learn.

I great way to store student demographic, assessment, etc. data.

Aeries SIS review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Works Well!"

What do you like best?

We use Aeries for our attendance and out grade book in our school district. The attendance is easy to use but I personally liked the grade book before they did the updates last year. It still works fine but I feel that it's now as user friendly as it used to be. I love the attendance by photo feature and the seating chart is awesome. The student information is really easy to access which is another great feature.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the way the grade book was updated last year. I feel that the need to move the screen to the left or the right to see everything is annoying.

I also don't like the way you choose the comments that you need to give a student when you are turning in grades.

The semester/quarter grades and report cards is a little hard to figure out as well. That changed last year with the update and I felt the way that it was before the update was easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's an easy system to use and it's great that the attendance and grade book are all in one place.

The gives us our grade book and our attendance all in one place. That makes it very easy to get things done. I'm in two different school districts and one uses a separate grading system which is annoying.

Aeries SIS review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Use of Aeries SIS from teacher to administrator to district-level program coordinator"

What do you like best?

The student information system as far as taking attendance is very effective. The inputting of discipline as an administrator works well and the program is fairly easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The gradebook has quite limited functionality and can be problematic at times. The reports are rather outdated and can use upgrading to be more effective and to capture a more selective audience. For instance, as a teacher you cannot run a report that has missing assignments for all students in the class on a single page. This would be particularly helpful to the teacher and would not require the scrolling through 100s of individual student pages to view students' missing work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aeries SIS is working hard to make improvements to their gradebook. The gradebook used to be computer-based; however, when the switch was made to web-based, many features needed to be upgraded. Aeries has done an admirable job trying to update their software and to create a product that is easy to use. In addition, Aeries has created a way to include Standard's Based Grading, which has increased the value of their gradebook, especially for districts who are using SBG with their elementary populations.

There are no particular business problems being solved by using this program. The benefits of the program are that student information is contained in one place, attendance can be entered and recorded digitally by teachers and by attendance clerks at school sites, teachers can manage their own gradebooks and issue grades to students when the grading windows are activated by district administration, and discipline can be entered and maintained by school administrators.

Aeries SIS review by User in Higher Education

"Great for Teachers"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to learn how to use Aeries. It is great for connecting with students, parents, admin, counselors, and other teachers. It's great to have immediate access to all of a student's important information (grades, address, parents' email, phone number, class schedule, etc.) in one place. It makes communication fast and easy, and it is great for managing assignments and grades.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult/not intuitive. For example, creating reports often takes longer than it should because I have to spend several minutes clicking through and running several reports before I finally find the one I actually want.

It has reduced the number of times students ask about their grades. It also makes it very easy for students to determine which assignments they are missing, making my job of getting absent students caught up on work much quicker.

User in Education Management

"Aeries - Easy to Navigate and User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that the program is user friendly. I can go online and submit attendance in no time! As a busy teacher, this takes one thing off my plate.

What do you dislike?

This may be available, but I would really like the access all the features of Aeries on my phone.

I am able to submit attendance quickly and this helps the office staff.

Aeries SIS review by Margaret G.
Margaret G.

"Aeries Review"

What do you like best?

Easy access for parents, teachers, and students.

What do you dislike?

Limited in customization. Student records with no ability to aggregate students into a 'family'.

In education area and tracking student and parent data.

Aeries SIS review by User in Higher Education

"I love Aeeries"

What do you like best?

I have been using Aeries since I started teaching in America. In Mexico we used a different system that seemed to always crash. This let's me track students, absences, make seating charts etc. The school can input and control special codes and adapts who can see what based on privileges.

What do you dislike?

We had password issues at first, but I think that's user error.

This makes sorting attending, tracking grades and sharing student information SO MUCH BETTER

Aeries SIS review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"SIS (Not ISIS) Review"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place! love the ability to do a seating chart by picture

Love being able to use this from home - being web-based

What do you dislike?

I do not like the start and end dates for assignments because it limits what i can enter in that slot when i get a new students transferred in from another class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - it's a huge improvement over other programs we have used in education

keeping track of attendance and grades. it's all in one place and i can do it from home!

"Keeps what is needed "

What do you like best?

I like the clean interface, it’s easy to use

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find what I am looking for

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Clean

It provides easy access for teachers to find basic information needed on a child.

Aeries SIS review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"High School Math Teacher"

What do you like best?

I like the ability of tracking students grades, attendance, summaries, as well as the ability to access personal info for additional contact.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aeries continues to deliver quality results and is becoming easier to navigate. Recent updates have made the program easier to use.

I am using it as a tool to record individual student data in the form of gradebook as well as taking attendance and running daily summary reports.

Aeries SIS review by User

"Attendance is fine, grade book sucks"

What do you like best?

instant attendance with seating chart and notes available

What do you dislike?

gradebook is severely lacking in features and flexibility

Recommendations to others considering the product

again, the attendance features are satisfactory, not awesome but fine. The grade book feature barely merits the title. Comparing this grade book with the other 5 digital grade book programs I have used to cars, this is a moped.

more accurate attendance = easier to track ADA and chronic attendance issues

"It’s alright"

What do you like best?

As a substitute, the ability to look up students’ parents’ information is awesome. Also picture attendance is helpful when I don’t know the students.

What do you dislike?

It definitely logs me out too quickly. I am not sure if it is something that admin can change, but it definitely sucks.

Keeping track of student’s attendance; finding students’ parents’ information.

Aeries SIS review by Administrator

" Excellent tool for the classroom always reliable "

What do you like best?

I can take role quickly and simply. One click and I'm done.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. our old system took many clicks to enter information now it is one click and done on the teaching

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can take role multiple ways by name or photo Also useful for recording other information. Physical fitness presidential info.

Taking attendance in my classroom federal law and code

User in Education Management

"A teacher who uses this product for attendance/gradebook"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate. User friendly! I love that my students have easy access to their grades.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Using it as a gradebook for high school students. Very beneficiial in the sense that students have easy access to their grades with their phones.

"Love Aeries"

What do you like best?

The ability to view everything thing I need to regarding multiple sites and students.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I absolutely love Aeries! Can't imagine what we would use if not for Aeries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, do it. It'll make keeping up with student records a breeze.

Efficiency!

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I also like that when you enter data it automatically saves rather then you having to hit submit every time.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble with my attendance not going through or the program timing out and I don't realize it and I have to go back and check to make sure my data was entered.

I find it a great benefit that I can access it anywhere.

Aeries SIS review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Aeries Review"

What do you like best?

Very easy to work with, easy to track grades. Saves me time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Every feature is perfect for my classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it now

Makes grading easier

Aeries SIS review by User

"as a teacher with grading and student information "

What do you like best?

The ability to post grades and for students and parents to have access to them.

What do you dislike?

Not thew easiest to get to information...student data should be easier to see on a screen ,

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good tool for educators

The ability to have the grades online instantly and tracking student work

"Aeries - Use it!"

What do you like best?

IT'S EASY AND FUNCTIONAL. You can organize a lot of information!

What do you dislike?

This is not applicable. I pretty much liked it.

ATTENDANCE, GRADES, STUDENT BEHAVIOR RECORDS, REPORT CARDS, TEST SCORES

Aeries SIS review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"I use aerie daily"

What do you like best?

It is easy to figure out. I have been able to play around with it and get it to do what is needed.

What do you dislike?

I think more could be done with customizing different optiins.

We are logging lots of info in different ways and running reports that are helpful

Learning about Aeries SIS?

* We monitor all Aeries SIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.