* Affinity Photo has almost all features in Adobe Photoshop, from basic retouching like clone, dodge, burn, recolouring, inpainting, etc until high-end image editing. It has customisable filters like lighting, blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows and glows. The best part when applying filter is that we can see the change we made in real time
* Panning and Zooming in Affinity Photo is really smooth. Even smoother than Adobe Photoshop. If you switch from Affinity Photo to Adobe Photoshop. You will say that Adobe Photoshop is laggy
* If Adobe Photoshop has "action" to speed up the editing process, then Affinity Photo has "macro" which act similar to photoshop action
* Affinity Photo has dedicated RAW workspace to work with RAW files and it performs very well
* From all the best things I explained above. Yes, Affinity Photo can work with PSD files.
Adobe still conquer the design software market hence many files need Adobe software to open them. For example, the mockup files. It needs smart object feature in Adobe Photoshop but Affinity Photo still unable to open it. Many users are asking for this feature to be available in Affinity Photo. I hope they will implement it in near future
If you are looking for professional yet low budget photo editing software, Affinity Photo is your answer. It packs with huge toolset and great features for editing, retouching, and compositing images and only cost $49.99. You will get 1 year update from developer. The good things is that you can keep the software forever
I'm using Affinity Photo not just to edit some photos/images but also create banner, book cover, name tag, label, etc. I know that it will be much easier to do such tasks on Affinity Designer but Affinity Photo surprise me with its capability to do this job well. One software for various designing purpose.