Affinity Photo

4.7

Affinity is the next-generation imaging and design suite for creative professionals, built exclusively for Mac.

Work for Affinity Photo?

Learning about Affinity Photo?

Affinity Photo Reviews

Showing 42 Affinity Photo reviews
Affinity Photo review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Move aside, Photoshop. Here comes the new king."

What do you like best?

It's a young company, with a well defined direction and a LOT of drive.

It's refusing to subjugate to Adobe's trend of making everything a subscription, so, once you pay for the software, it's YOURS. And you still get any update for—like—2 years, after that!

Affinity Photo is an amazing piece of software, without all the clutter that marked Photoshop for all these years. Its name says it all: Photo. It doesn't try to fit in some other program's shoes. It's photo and scene retouching at its best, with a lot of space and power left for compositions. It's the future,

What do you dislike?

As of today, the perspective tool is not as advanced as the one in Photoshop, but I have no doubt it will get there. The inpainting brush could also use a little tweaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth a lot more that what it costs, so I suggest you get on the boat and show the world that Adobe can learn a few things from these guys.

Photoshop is a behemoth, while Affinity Photo is lightning fast and have everything you need right where you need it. It's simple and efficient, without sacrificing any of the features Photoshop have.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Affinity Photo
Affinity Photo review by Liz A.
Liz A.

"Great Adobe PS Alternative!"

What do you like best?

I like that it had a one-time fee, but that the developers are always improving their product! It is easy to use and very comparable to Adobe Photoshop CC. I would absolutely recommend it to any other design freelancers out there!

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike. I love everything about it! It can take a little getting used to, but since there are plenty of online, free tutorials, and also a very detailed workbook one can purchase either on Amazon or on their website, it's not a problem. The community too is very, very helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a freelancer, a student, or a semi-casual user, this software is perfect for use! I would say it will challenge Photoshop in every possible way in the future.

I am a freelance graphic designer, so I use it for editing photos for clients (professional) and for myself (personal). Aside from the benefits I've already listed, it's very clean and nice-looking.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Affinity Photo review by Devin G.
Devin G.

"This is a great alternative to Photoshop"

What do you like best?

The workflow is the best thing about this application. although it may be missing some key features that photoshop has, it makes up for it in the long run with it's price point. I also love the way it manipulates photos and how it reacts with my mouse. Smooth clean sailing.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have the spot healing brush. It makes up for it by using a clone tool tho. Very familiar with that one. I will say the Windows port could use a bit of a polish. It freezes on me when it first starts up and I have a top notch laptop. I think it just may be the way Affinity does things. They are slowly getting it right and I love that about this company

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use photoshop and are tired of paying the $50 a month for the suite, Take the time out to try Affinity Photo. It's worth the look and you can create amazing things in it. Their fanbase has insane art that has been created with this program.

I use this to develop all of my photos, create designs for clients, create icons alongside Affinity Designer, and I use this program to view my photoshop files. I also port all my PS files using this program.

Affinity Photo review by Brad S.
Brad S.

"Affinity Photo Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the price. If you have some experience with Adobe Photoshop but can't afford the extremely high price tag of owning your own copy then Serif has built the perfect alternative for you. Affinity Photo has just about all of the photography-related tools that Photoshop has — such as adjustment layers, masks, color management, dynamic paint brushes, a healing brush, lens correction, and CMYK and RGB editing. It even opens Photoshop files. Yes, it has it's limitations but for only $49.99 this is an amazing piece of software!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Affinity Photo other than it lacks some of Photoshop's extra functionalities that are outside the normal photo editing realm, such as 3D editing. It also seems a little slower than Photoshop. Not a biggy for my day to day tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is small If you have some Photoshop experience but can't afford your own copy. For under 50 bucks I highly recommend Affinity Photo.

The biggest business problem Affinity Photo has solved is having a Photoshop alternative at a price I can afford. This is not like settling for a free alternative like Gimp but a rather owning a high end, professional graphic studio built from a top line company in Serif.

Affinity Photo review by Jasmine S.
Jasmine S.

"Excellent Photoshop alternative!"

What do you like best?

As a beginner designer, it's good to weigh out your options on what programs you'd like to be skilled in. I've used Photoshop throughout my schooling and was fascinated with it but it has been very expensive ever since I could remember. Thankfully Serif's Affinity Photo has the same types of tools to get the job done with less financial burn in your wallet! The program has great flexibility and a very nice interface that doesn't overwhelm me. I like how users can change the mode of the program, (a.k.a. "Persona" modes) for specific designing needs. You can also create your own Persona. It truly is the Photoshop/Illustrator alternative I've needed. It's fast, efficient and genuine to photo editing/digital art.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I considered paying monthly for Adobe's Creative Cloud before finding this gem! The only major problem is that there aren't many resources on how to use the program well, though I think that won't be an issue for too long. There aren't many working plugins and the cataloging system will take me some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! The price is absolutely worth it. If you enjoy this program, you'll love Affinity Designer. It's great for vector art. (Please note that my review is for Mac users. I haven't tried the Windows version yet.)

I really like that I don't have to pay a lot for Adobe. Serif's programs are affordable, have options for small businesses, freelancers, etc. (Affinity Designer is awesome too!) and can be licensed for multiple computers.

Affinity Photo review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Today's Best alternative to PhotoShop for editing 360 photos"

What do you like best?

Edits 360 photos, lots of options, works with PhotoShop plugins like google Nik collection

Affinity Photo has a live preview option that removes some of the guesswork from applying effects and overlays. It is a very elegant solution to the pro-photographer settings that often impede learning how to turn ordinary photos into professional quality

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, limited documentation , small but growing user community

Recommendations to others considering the product

360/VR is still in its infancy so I would expect that more software solutions will come. Affinity Photo is sure to be joined by competitors but the combination of affordability and feature set makes it worth the investment (for now).

360 photos are a great way to display places and create an engaging experience for displaying products but like other images, retouching and editing can greatly improve the quality. AP has been the first software I've worked with thats brought the full feature set of what I use in photo editing to 360

Affinity Photo review by Rangga S.
Rangga S.

"Affinity Photo, The complete and best alternative photo editing software to Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

* Affinity Photo has almost all features in Adobe Photoshop, from basic retouching like clone, dodge, burn, recolouring, inpainting, etc until high-end image editing. It has customisable filters like lighting, blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows and glows. The best part when applying filter is that we can see the change we made in real time

* Panning and Zooming in Affinity Photo is really smooth. Even smoother than Adobe Photoshop. If you switch from Affinity Photo to Adobe Photoshop. You will say that Adobe Photoshop is laggy

* If Adobe Photoshop has "action" to speed up the editing process, then Affinity Photo has "macro" which act similar to photoshop action

* Affinity Photo has dedicated RAW workspace to work with RAW files and it performs very well

* From all the best things I explained above. Yes, Affinity Photo can work with PSD files.

What do you dislike?

Adobe still conquer the design software market hence many files need Adobe software to open them. For example, the mockup files. It needs smart object feature in Adobe Photoshop but Affinity Photo still unable to open it. Many users are asking for this feature to be available in Affinity Photo. I hope they will implement it in near future

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for professional yet low budget photo editing software, Affinity Photo is your answer. It packs with huge toolset and great features for editing, retouching, and compositing images and only cost $49.99. You will get 1 year update from developer. The good things is that you can keep the software forever

I'm using Affinity Photo not just to edit some photos/images but also create banner, book cover, name tag, label, etc. I know that it will be much easier to do such tasks on Affinity Designer but Affinity Photo surprise me with its capability to do this job well. One software for various designing purpose.

Affinity Photo review by Danny G.
Danny G.

"Brilliant keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The interface. The rendering speed. The price. The tools feel far more advanced than Photoshop. Adobe can change the look of their interface all they want but Photoshop looks and feels tired in comparison.

What do you dislike?

Providing that it's relatively new, some certain features that I was used to in Photoshop. Requires a little digging around but there are solutions to everything I've needed to do. Check their forums, videos, and Youtube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For $35 what have you got to lose? Photoshop feels like an anchor tied around my neck compared to working with Affinity Photo.

I use Photo endlessly for a onetime price of $35 (as opposed to paying $20 a month. . . forever to use Photoshop, or $52 a month. . . FOREVER to use the 3 core programs in CC). The benefits are when you realize you DON'T need the Adobe ecosystem. There are so many good tools to achieve what you need available without subscriptions and from my experience the companies and forums are far more attuned to the investment of time and money their customers make in their products.

Affinity Photo review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Incredible, a true Photoshop replacement"

What do you like best?

There are so many things to like about this product. It’s wealth of features is on par with Photoshop, and it even has a few unique features of its own - such as an incredibly easy to use panorama creation tool. The price compared to Photoshop is amazing at only a one time $50.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit steep - a number of the more advanced features, such as layer masks, can be a bit difficult to discover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial that is definitely worth taking a look at first. Beyond that though, if you’re frustrated with the cost and terms of using Photoshop, this is the product for you!

Graphic design for web pages and logos, as well as general photography editing. Completely replaces the need for photoshop.

Affinity Photo review by James R.
James R.

"Nice Alternative to Adobe "

What do you like best?

I like that this software is pretty much strictly for photo editing and similar projects. Photoshop became an all-in-one program, without really meaning to. This is great for single focused tasks that deal with raster based images and editing capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tools don't work exactly how I want, but I think that is mostly due to using Photoshop for years and years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve can be a bit high, but they have a decent forum where people discuss problems and solutions. They also are actively updating and adding new features, so it's still growing.

We do a lot of graphic design work, so while we use Affinity Designer for a lot of the layout stuff, Affinity Photo is super helpful when it comes to comes to editing images, creating masks, etc.

Affinity Photo review by Albert K.
Albert K.

"Affinity Photo is the Photoshop Replacement you have been searching for a long time."

What do you like best?

Batch processing, 360 degrees editing, multilayer composition, precise selection and psd file editing.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is if you are coming from Adobe Photoshop and is that you need to adapt to a new learning curve but you will master it fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hate Adobe subscription plan? Switch to Affinity suite.

I’ve been using adobe products since 1992 and when they took the subscription business plan I decided to quit using their products. My search for a replacement was kind of impossible until I find out the Affinity Suite for Mac. It’s the most advance and professional tool I’ve ever used after Photoshop and I’m not exaggerating when I say Affinity Photo is better than Photoshop. You can do more, you can do better and it even let you edit psd files and exported as psd as well so your clients will never complain if they just need to see a .psd extention on their files. This is a big deal for all of us designers. Affinity Photo is the answer for a Photoshop replacement.

Affinity Photo review by Peter F.
Peter F.

"Edit your Photos fast and smart"

What do you like best?

Affinity hit the market already some time ago but us still more a "secret tip" as it is not yet known to the large crowd of Photographers. The software runs on Windows and Mac OS X and offers all common features talking about image manipulation. After a trial and test period the cost for the full version is only 49€

What do you dislike?

Honestly speaking there is not much to say here. File support for all different kind of cameras is surprisingly good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would simply recommend to use the trial period to see if Affinity fits your needs. No risk here ...

As a working Pro-Photographer image manipulation is part of my daily job. I do like to test new software solutions especially as I am not a big fan of monthly payment plans for software that one used to buy and "own".

Affinity Photo review by Barbara R.
Barbara R.

"A great replacement for Adobe Fireworks & Photoshop"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I can do with Affinity that I couldn't do with Fireworks that I found Photoshop to be too complicated with. I also like that Apple Photo has a plugin that I can open photos in Affinity edit them and then save them back to Apple Photo.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve has been a bit steep for me, but I am getting the hang of it. The tutorial videos are great but wish they would provide the sample photos being used in the tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their videos to get up to speed. I have found the videos to be a huge help in learning the program.

I needed a replacement for Adobe Fireworks and Photoshop because the cost of the software was huge. I don't really use any Adobe products anymore except for the image programs. For a one time fee I am able to do almost anything that I did with Fireworks.

Affinity Photo review by James C.
James C.

"Inexpensive photo editor alternative for small business owners"

What do you like best?

Has full editing capabilities similar to the more popular photo editing software at a fraction of the cost.

What do you dislike?

Menus are difficult to navigate until familiar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent low-cost alternative to the traditional photo editing software packages

Editing and enhancing photographs is an essential part of my forensic work, which enables me to "see" details which were otherwise invisible to the eye and to be able to present findings to my clients in a manner which is clear.

Affinity Photo review by Jie F.
Jie F.

"The Adobe Photoshop Killer?"

What do you like best?

Affinity Photo like Affinity Designer is very Fast to iteration! It puts you right into the workflow of whatever photo you are working on. The tools are easy to find and use.

What do you dislike?

I havent been using AP for long but it feels a bit on rails. Im still used to the openess of Photoshop, but I think for someone new to photo editing it wont be an issue at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I look to Affinity software to replace Illustrator and Photoshop and I have never looked back. I just can wait for puppet warp to come to Affinity Designer (Adobe Illustrator Killer).

Time Saver - Fast Iteration

Low Learning Curve

Money Saver - No subscription and very Affordable

Affinity Photo review by Ricardo F.
Ricardo F.

"great image corrector and editor"

What do you like best?

Since i start using this i just push for my self to learn the short keys and the tools he have, don't need to be a pro in photoshop or in photography to start and learn easy to use this.

The software configuration give a lot of chance to change the UI like we like.

What do you dislike?

The people how use a lot Photoshop and learn the short keys and some tools, and unfortunately the A Photo don't have the same short keys and some tools like photoshop.

don't have actions like photoshop, but is coming soon

The SMART object from Photoshop isn't work but you can create

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, is something to try, after one day using and check some tutorials the people don't need anymore use the expensive Photoshop versions

Photografs and graphic designer will love this software, easy to use and learn, and don't need the latest laptop or desktop hardware

Affinity Photo review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Great Photo Editing Software in Mac, that's Fast and Affordable"

What do you like best?

I love the tons of features that's similar to the most expensive professional photo editing softwares. They also have tons of video tutorials and item packs which helps the newbie Affinity user to get up to speed with using the software. The updates are also included for life! Which means that this investment will be only one time upfront.

What do you dislike?

There is still some learning curve for transitioning to the Affinity Photo from Photoshop. I can't find a way to import Actions from Photoshop to Photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actions to be implemented to Affinity Photo

Professional designs that's easy to create, tons of features and brushes. Affordable and fast solution.

Affinity Photo review by Arpad S.
Arpad S.

"Cost effective PS alternative for enthusiasts and professionals"

What do you like best?

It has all the features you need for photo manipulation / drawing. It has a different, very focused Persona for the most common tasks.

What do you dislike?

The panel customization is not there yet, still needs some improvements, and the software sometimes crashes. I would also like to see some anti-aliasing improvements too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can handle PSD files too, but it can save editable texts into that format in the current version. If you're considering to switch, you can use it's own file format (.afphoto) or wait till they implement full support for PSD writing.

Photo editing, sketching, digital painting, mocking up designs, etc.

Affinity Photo review by Andreas S.
Andreas S.

"Real Competition for Photoshop"

What do you like best?

It's a full-featured photo editor with a brand new and full modern code-base with a fresh take on just how non-destructive non-destructive editing can be. When Adobe changed its pricing structure to a pay-to-rent model, many editors (especially freelancers) were outraged. The new revenue model eliminated the user's option to upgrade or not. Affinity Photo uses a traditional perpetual license (pay to own). That's the first obvious shot across Photoshop's bow. The second is the more devastating blow: it's a fantastic product with so many advantages and shifts in how to think about editing that it has changed not just how I approach my work, but my productivity has improved. Affinity Photo is - at first blush - an affordable competitor. But using it reveals a much richer shift in how to think about accomplishing your projects. I've been photo editing for well over 20 years - Affinity Photo has not only impressed me, but won me over. And yes, I used to be one of those people who used to say, "no one will ever touch Photoshop."

What do you dislike?

It fits my workflow perfectly, but some might be disappointed that there are no cataloguing tools (yet).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The

The problem was finding photo editing software at a reasonable price that wouldn't be a major ongoing expense. OWNING (perpetual license) Affinity Photo it costs a half a year of Photoshop. Problem solved.

Affinity Photo review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Great software for advanced users and you can be advanced in just couple of hours"

What do you like best?

I love auto settings, my favorite tool is Gradient tool. I also love Styles and Effects, they are great. Overall Affinity is great software with full potential to became perfect picture editing software.

What do you dislike?

So far i didn't find any option that i do not like. Interface is nice and clean and fast. Maybe needs more options to play with text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Affinity Photo to all people that want their pictures to look amazing with not to much spending time creating them. With just few hours you playing with Affinity you will love it.

Am using this to create some nice pictures for websites and graphic design. Affinity is doing great job. All pictures looks like pro.

Affinity Photo review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Affinity Photo"

What do you like best?

Affinity photo has been labelled by some as a Photoshop killer I think this is a little bit of a premature statement as not all of the equivalent photoshop tools are present within Affinity photo, although this fantastic programme and will do 90% of what Photoshop will do where it scores massive points for me is that the iPad version of Affinity Photo is pretty much the full desktop program on a tablet and it truly is a killer app (winner of Apples App of the Year award) making it so easy to work from anywhere I suspect that with the promise of future upgrades and the £50 price .. unless adobe can get a decent Photoshop equivalent app with a much fuller toolset together then they really need to be looking over their shoulders as Affinity is seriously catching them up

What do you dislike?

I have to be honest there is nothing i dislike about Affinity photo, the desktop app is a fully featured professional grade piece of software and I believe that there are a few design houses out there that have fully switched to Affinity from Adobe combine that with the portability of the Affinity Photo iPad app makes this almost the perfect set up for designers who want to work wherever and whenever they like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Affinity Photo really is a fantastic piece of software that I can't recommend enough, I think the fact that a number of agencies are moving over to Affinity from Adobe speaks volumes in itself

My management team are very happy with the results achieved by Affinity photo and not to mention the cost saving compared to the Adobe subscription and desktop app combined with the ipad version is a godsend i can now easily do edits on the fly from my sofa and it's waiting on my desktop in the morning ..

Affinity Photo review by Goncalo M.
Goncalo M.

"The Photoshop and Lightroom killer is here"

What do you like best?

This is without a doubt an excellent app that not only replaces Photoshop but also Lightroom. Its performance is amazing. Once you learn all the shortcuts you'll no longer remember ever using Photoshop or Lightroom.

What do you dislike?

The one big feature is missing is action like Photoshop or at least the ability to import Photoshop action. Just like Affinity Designer, I would like to have an iOS app as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a Photoshop and Lightroom alternative, than this is for sure the app you're looking for at an amazing price not only for the Mac but also for the PC.

Just like Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo is my number one go to tool on a daily base as a Senior Web Designer. It allows me to easy retouch product pictures to a professional standard without requiring a lot of time. It's integration with Affinity Designer is perfect and changes made on one of the apps, easily updates onde the other.

Affinity Photo review by Laurent S.
Laurent S.

"A great alternative to Photoshop"

What do you like best?

For about 50 USD or EURO, you get a professional app, without having to pay for a subscription. The user interface is very similar to Photoshop, so it is quite easy to switch from one to the other. It takes a while before you get used to it, because there are some differences, but as soon as you find your workflow, you can get the same results as with PS. You can use all of the PS plugins like NIK software, which by the way are free now. Because it has been built, brand new, from scratch, it is even faster than PS for some tasks. The developer team is really great, you can subscribe on the forum and ask them if you have questions or requests. The first beta version was already working fine, with almost no bugs.

What do you dislike?

It is really difficult to find some things I dislike with this app. Maybe they could add “smart objects”, or some automated tasks like in PS, otherwise I can’t say anything. It is not a standard for now, unfortunately, and they don’t have a PC version yet, but apparently they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.

Dale Carnegie

I can do all the things I did with PS, and Lightroom or Aperture if you add Pixave another great app. I could save money by not having to pay a subscription to Adobe CC. Now I am happy again, I have a reliable app to replace PS, Aperture, Lightroom and Pixelmator that I purchased a few years ago and which is a real nightmare.

Affinity Photo review by David H.
David H.

"A ligther and nicer experience than Photoshop"

What do you like best?

It's quick to load, the interface is similar to Photoshop so easy to migrate over, and support is very good.

What do you dislike?

It lacks two features of which I like in Photoshop, but as Photoshop is bloated, I can live with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Photoshop user and need something lighter and cheaper, Affinity Photo is perfect. Migrating is easy as there is virtually no learning curve.

Photo editing and creating visuals for digital products.

Affinity Photo review by Gerald D.
Gerald D.

"Powerful Image Editing Software for a fraction of Photoshop's price"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, especially on iPad Pro. Using the iOS version with Apple Pencil is a pure joy.

What do you dislike?

The menu system is a bit convoluted. It took a while to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial version a try on your computer. On iPad, it's so inexpensive you can just buy it and try it. It works BEST with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

Affordability, and am able to do many editing tasks faster.

Affinity Photo review by Rita V.
Rita V.

"Worth every cent"

What do you like best?

It's affordable, it's pixel perfect and it shared the same file type as Affinity Designer so you can work in both program without hassle

What do you dislike?

Until now I didn't find any problems with Affinity Photo, I like it all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just switch

It's affordable if you compare with the competition, it's a one-time payment for the same product. :)

Affinity Photo review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Really good Photoshop substitute"

What do you like best?

I used Affinity to make watermarks and edit pngs, make patterns and brushes. Pretty well documented and made the task easy. It's also fun to edit and play with photos. It worked so well I ended up buying the lifetime license. Maybe someday I won't need to pay Adobe anymore. But not quite there yet.

What do you dislike?

Can't use Photoshop actions, so those automated things I have set up don't roll over and I can't replace Photoshop completely like I was hoping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good photo editor and very good pricing.

Simplifies some tasks better than Photoshop. Much cheaper. I like that you can buy it outright.

Affinity Photo review by Wayne B.
Wayne B.

"Love this product. Best alternative to Adobe Photoshop. Even better in my opinion."

What do you like best?

Easy of use and being able to understand what each tool does. The company has also done a lot work creating tutorials on how to use the product.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything I really want to complain about. I am very pleased.

I use this product of modifying posters and other graphics related things.

Affinity Photo review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Photoshop's good twin, and more."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can use all the features you have on Photoshop, and many more.

What do you dislike?

So far, I think it has so many options and they are trying so hard to distance themselves from Adobe, that they are placing usual features in different places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are more things than you can do with it, than just use it as a Photoshop stand-in.

Basically, I can edit PDFs and Illustrator files, as well as PSD files, make files of your own, play with layers. It's great.

Affinity Photo review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"I No Longer "Need" Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Affinity Photo gives me all the major power of Photoshop in a well-designed platform, for pennies on the dollar. Now that they just announced Affinity for Windows, I think you're going to see a LOT of Adobe CC cancellations. If my company didn't pay for my CC subscription, I wouldn't even bother with Photoshop anymore. In fact at home, I don't. Affinity Photo is THAT good.

What do you dislike?

Like anything, there's a learning curve. They didn't just copy Photoshop's UI and UX. It's different, and that's okay, but it means having to learn some things anew. I've used Photoshop for 16 years, so I'm pretty fast, and I know where everything is, and how to use it. I feel a bit like a child when I use Affinity Photo, because it feels like I'm learning to walk again. But I think once I've invested a good solid amount of hard usage, I'll be just as adept at Affinity as I am w/ Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial. Use it. The learning curve, like any learning curve, can be frustrating, but I guarantee you - if you approach it like NEW software that you want to learn and become a master of, you'll forget you even have Photoshop installed. But don't launch it and expect everything to be the same as Photoshop. It's not, but that's a good thing.

Adobe Creative Cloud is a HUGE expense for companies with large design teams, and an even BIGGER expense for individuals (proportionately speaking). Affinity Photo is the Photoshop-killer we've all been waiting for. The company is invested in solid UX, and providing designers the tools we've been asking for, and needing all these years. I use it for photomanipulation, raster designs, and even some vector-based stuff. I actually taught my 11 yo how to do simple vector editing in AP in just a few minutes. I used to be afraid of losing my company's CC subscription. I'm not anymore.

Affinity Photo review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Fantastic photo editing"

What do you like best?

Affinity Photo has some great tools and does a great job with very large file sizes. I love that you just buy it, rather than have to pay a monthly subscription. It is a great way to save money over the long run if you plan on using this one software for the foreseeable future.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I still use photoshop quite a bit, but if you're looking for something that doesn't require a subscription, this is a great option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There is a free trial, so you're not risking anything.

It solves the issue of paying a monthly fee to have photo editing capabilities.

Affinity Photo review by Rob N.
Rob N.

"Powerful Photoshop alternative"

What do you like best?

No recurring subscription fees, its a one time purchase. Great features comparable to photoshop

What do you dislike?

Its not a feature complete replacement (but they are working on it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request features on their user forum, they listen to the users

Its a great photo editor

Affinity Photo review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Rivals Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Most of the features available in PS are also available in Affinity. It is user friendly and their website offers a lot of free tutorials if needed. The price point is fair, it's under priced in my opinion, and free updates for life is something you can't beat. You can also use it on any computer that you own without having to pay for the software multiple times, which makes working in the office on one computer and working at home on another a bit easier.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if you could pick up the work from one computer with the software to the next. Instead you'll need to save progress on one computer and send it to the next to be able to pick up where you left off if using two computers (think office and at home).

It has made editing product images a lot easier and fairly seemless. With the tutorials provided on the website you're really able to learn just about anything without needing to pay for a course.

Affinity Photo review by User

"Great Adobe PhotoShop Alternative!"

What do you like best?

Installs locally on machine. Ease of use. Price. Free feature packs. Unlimited free upgrades. Low cost. No on going subscriptions. Brilliant product!

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike. I love everything about it! It can take a little getting used to, but since there are plenty of online, free tutorials, and also a very detailed workbook.

Marketing materials

Affinity Photo review by Diamond L.
Diamond L.

"Great alternative to Adobe"

What do you like best?

Not having to pay a monthly license fee saves a ton when leading a brand new startup.

What do you dislike?

I would swap some tool logos, other than that it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move QUICKLY. Great for use in small or startup businesses.

Image retouching- love using this tool on my laptop or desktop. Works fast, all necessary tools available.

Affinity Photo review by Mansfield M.
Mansfield M.

"Ease of use. Compatible with Affinity Designer"

What do you like best?

Tools. I like the various tools and their function relative to their location within the app.

What do you dislike?

Transitioning from photoshop to Affinity photo. Although similar in use, tools placement is different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Affinity Designer then you should get Affinity Photo.

Seamless transition and compatibility with Affinity Designer.

"Great Photoshop alternative"

What do you like best?

Affinity Photo is much cheaper than Photoshop; it has a lifetime price of $50.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for Affinity photo can be pretty steep, coming from photoshop.

Able to cut costs by not having to use Photoshop.

Affinity Photo review by William "Solomon" D.
William "Solomon" D.

"So Awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability and freedom it allows me to design & and advance my skills. Very well designed and easy you use.

What do you dislike?

The cost of some of them. But still great!!!

Customers expectations.

Affinity Photo review by User

"Could really be the Photoshop slayer"

What do you like best?

I can buy Affinity Photo for $50 and have a perpetual license. No subscription model. Interface is very similar to Photoshop so the learning curve is small. Does everything I need it to do.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. I can import and export to Adobe products without a hitch.

The cost is much less than using Adobe.

Affinity Photo review by Ermanno F.
Ermanno F.

"Really powerful competitor for Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

The UI and UX on Mac are really comfortable, and the price is affordable for everyone, students and company.

What do you dislike?

Actually nothing, I switched from Photoshop and I'm really satisfied.

Improving fast production.

Affinity Photo review by User in Computer Software

"Promising Photoshop alternative, but not quite there"

What do you like best?

Affinity is FAST and feels much more Mac-native than Photoshop (understandably). It's also closing in on Photoshop feature-wise at a decent clip.

What do you dislike?

Some features still aren't there to make it a full replacement.

I use Affinity for lighter editing jobs that don't require Photoshop.

Affinity Photo review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Affinity Photo trial"

What do you like best?

intuitive features, similar to Photoshop but more simple, cheaper than adobe products and has better interaction between vector and raster.

What do you dislike?

New keyboard shortcuts to learn, not so widespread as adobe products. Hard to find tutorials and add-ons.

using a new tool, trying different features in stead of standard adobe products.

Learning about Affinity Photo?

* We monitor all Affinity Photo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.