Affinity Photo

Affinity is the next-generation imaging and design suite for creative professionals, built exclusively for Mac.

Work for Affinity Photo?

Learning about Affinity Photo?

Affinity Photo Reviews

Showing 35 Affinity Photo reviews
Affinity Photo review by <span>Liz A.</span>
Liz A.

Great Adobe PS Alternative!

What do you like best?

I like that it had a one-time fee, but that the developers are always improving their product! It is easy to use and very comparable to Adobe Photoshop CC. I would absolutely recommend it to any other design freelancers out there!

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike. I love everything about it! It can take a little getting used to, but since there are plenty of online, free tutorials, and also a very detailed workbook one can purchase either on Amazon or on their website, it's not a problem. The community too is very, very helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a freelancer, a student, or a semi-casual user, this software is perfect for use! I would say it will challenge Photoshop in every possible way in the future.

I am a freelance graphic designer, so I use it for editing photos for clients (professional) and for myself (personal). Aside from the benefits I've already listed, it's very clean and nice-looking.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Affinity Photo
Affinity Photo review by <span>Devin G.</span>
Devin G.

This is a great alternative to Photoshop

What do you like best?

The workflow is the best thing about this application. although it may be missing some key features that photoshop has, it makes up for it in the long run with it's price point. I also love the way it manipulates photos and how it reacts with my mouse. Smooth clean sailing.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have the spot healing brush. It makes up for it by using a clone tool tho. Very familiar with that one. I will say the Windows port could use a bit of a polish. It freezes on me when it first starts up and I have a top notch laptop. I think it just may be the way Affinity does things. They are slowly getting it right and I love that about this company

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use photoshop and are tired of paying the $50 a month for the suite, Take the time out to try Affinity Photo. It's worth the look and you can create amazing things in it. Their fanbase has insane art that has been created with this program.

I use this to develop all of my photos, create designs for clients, create icons alongside Affinity Designer, and I use this program to view my photoshop files. I also port all my PS files using this program.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Affinity Photo review by <span>Brad S.</span>
Brad S.

Affinity Photo Review

What do you like best?

What I like best is the price. If you have some experience with Adobe Photoshop but can't afford the extremely high price tag of owning your own copy then Serif has built the perfect alternative for you. Affinity Photo has just about all of the photography-related tools that Photoshop has — such as adjustment layers, masks, color management, dynamic paint brushes, a healing brush, lens correction, and CMYK and RGB editing. It even opens Photoshop files. Yes, it has it's limitations but for only $49.99 this is an amazing piece of software!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Affinity Photo other than it lacks some of Photoshop's extra functionalities that are outside the normal photo editing realm, such as 3D editing. It also seems a little slower than Photoshop. Not a biggy for my day to day tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is small If you have some Photoshop experience but can't afford your own copy. For under 50 bucks I highly recommend Affinity Photo.

The biggest business problem Affinity Photo has solved is having a Photoshop alternative at a price I can afford. This is not like settling for a free alternative like Gimp but a rather owning a high end, professional graphic studio built from a top line company in Serif.

Affinity Photo review by <span>Jasmine S.</span>
Jasmine S.

Excellent Photoshop alternative!

What do you like best?

As a beginner designer, it's good to weigh out your options on what programs you'd like to be skilled in. I've used Photoshop throughout my schooling and was fascinated with it but it has been very expensive ever since I could remember. Thankfully Serif's Affinity Photo has the same types of tools to get the job done with less financial burn in your wallet! The program has great flexibility and a very nice interface that doesn't overwhelm me. I like how users can change the mode of the program, (a.k.a. "Persona" modes) for specific designing needs. You can also create your own Persona. It truly is the Photoshop/Illustrator alternative I've needed. It's fast, efficient and genuine to photo editing/digital art.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I considered paying monthly for Adobe's Creative Cloud before finding this gem! The only major problem is that there aren't many resources on how to use the program well, though I think that won't be an issue for too long. There aren't many working plugins and the cataloging system will take me some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! The price is absolutely worth it. If you enjoy this program, you'll love Affinity Designer. It's great for vector art. (Please note that my review is for Mac users. I haven't tried the Windows version yet.)

I really like that I don't have to pay a lot for Adobe. Serif's programs are affordable, have options for small businesses, freelancers, etc. (Affinity Designer is awesome too!) and can be licensed for multiple computers.

Affinity Photo review by <span>Daniel G.</span>
Daniel G.

Today's Best alternative to PhotoShop for editing 360 photos

What do you like best?

Edits 360 photos, lots of options, works with PhotoShop plugins like google Nik collection

Affinity Photo has a live preview option that removes some of the guesswork from applying effects and overlays. It is a very elegant solution to the pro-photographer settings that often impede learning how to turn ordinary photos into professional quality

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, limited documentation , small but growing user community

Recommendations to others considering the product

360/VR is still in its infancy so I would expect that more software solutions will come. Affinity Photo is sure to be joined by competitors but the combination of affordability and feature set makes it worth the investment (for now).

360 photos are a great way to display places and create an engaging experience for displaying products but like other images, retouching and editing can greatly improve the quality. AP has been the first software I've worked with thats brought the full feature set of what I use in photo editing to 360

Affinity Photo review by <span>Aaron P.</span>
Aaron P.

Incredible, a true Photoshop replacement

What do you like best?

There are so many things to like about this product. It’s wealth of features is on par with Photoshop, and it even has a few unique features of its own - such as an incredibly easy to use panorama creation tool. The price compared to Photoshop is amazing at only a one time $50.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit steep - a number of the more advanced features, such as layer masks, can be a bit difficult to discover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial that is definitely worth taking a look at first. Beyond that though, if you’re frustrated with the cost and terms of using Photoshop, this is the product for you!

Graphic design for web pages and logos, as well as general photography editing. Completely replaces the need for photoshop.

Learning about Affinity Photo?

* We monitor all Affinity Photo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.