Agility PR Solutions

Agility PR Solutions

4.0

Agility PR Solutions provides powerful, yet easy to use media database, monitoring, and analytics solutions for tomorrow’s communicators. Since 2003, clients have trusted our tools and services to help them identify and connect with influencers, capture coverage, and measure impact of everything they do. Whether we do it for you or help you do it yourself, our team of media experts make it easy to monitor and measure traditional, broadcast, social and online coverage.

Work for Agility PR Solutions?

Learning about Agility PR Solutions?

Agility PR Solutions Reviews

Ask Agility PR Solutions a Question
Showing 156 Agility PR Solutions reviews
Agility PR Solutions review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Couldn't live without it now! "

What do you like best?

Agility has made life much easier as we've grown our agency. Being able to share and collaborate on lists, keep a track of notes and comments on contacts and see where other employees are at with their tasks is incredibly handy.

What do you dislike?

Not much - the programme takes a bit of getting used to but once you're sorted on it, it's pretty straight forward

Essentially, it allows us to operate exactly as we did as a two person agency, no matter how big we get. Being able to check in with other people's lists, jump on to employees' tasks if they're off ill or need help, and to share and update our contacts as we go

There are a lot of other features that we don't (but probably should) use, but Agility is worth the money just for the elements we do use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Agility PR Solutions
Agility PR Solutions review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"Good but still lacking"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of editing key words, it does great when you need to look back on previous articles.

What do you dislike?

Often picks up stories 5-6 years old, its frustrating to have to look at every article and ensure that we are capturing current articles and not older ones. Another frustration is it doesn't allow you to do same day monitoring, we often have to wait until the next day to see stories. So we have to go to other programs to do real time monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework, make sure you select the right product. Agility might be it, just make sure.

Solved: Compiling media stories quickly. We have inadvertently discovered we need a program for real-time monitoring. As good as Agility is, it still lacks that feature.

What Media and Influencer Targeting solution do you use?

Agility PR Solutions review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Easy to use, and quick online help if needed."

What do you like best?

I like how organized everything is. It's easy to keep my lists.

What do you dislike?

The only think that seems weird is that I have to mark something as "shared" in order for other people from my company to see it. Really not a huge deal, just something I have to remember.

My specific position within the company is new. Agility is allowing me grow our reach by sending releases easily across the country where as before they were much more local.

I love that media monitoring comes right to my inbox. I set them to send in the early morning. When I wake up I can quickly scroll through alerts and make sure I'm on top of any mentions in the media.

Agility PR Solutions review by Courtney S.
Courtney S.

"Excellent Media Monitoring Service"

What do you like best?

Agility doesn't just monitor media related to my company - I can do the same for any search term. Including every single competitor. This has been invaluable competitive intelligence that makes us more aware than others in our space.

What do you dislike?

Social monitoring leaves a lot to be desired.

The setup was painful. The user front end is extremely "home grown" and quirky, and since I don't have to use it often, I often forget what had to be done last time. Now that my campaigns are running, I'm good to go. But I cringe any time I know I have to adjust things because, from distribution through monitoring, the interface is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient - it took time to set up my programs as needed. But after some trial and error, it was exactly what I needed and requires little to no maintenance to keep it going as expected.

Because our competitors are often small to medium companies, it has been hard to track them in the past. Agility has been a life saver on competitive intel. The minute anything is published about my competitors, it's delivered to my inbox.

Agility PR Solutions review by Sara H.
Sara H.

"User-friendly"

What do you like best?

I've used Agility, Meltwater, TrendKite and Cision the last three years. I liked Agility the best overall because it's the most user-friendly. When I click the back button, I don't lose my place in a list (which saves a LOT of time). I love how you can track influencers or those on your lists. This makes it easy to identify influencers.

What do you dislike?

I grew accustomed to one particular feature in Meltwater that directly applied to the way one client wanted to build lists for press releases. They relied on finding outlets via counties (it was an agriculture client). I was able to to easily breakdown the big cities in each county from Google Maps and select those cities from a list in Meltwater. I haven't found if Agility is able to do this or not.

Agility has a lot more of what we need in one place, especially when it comes to tracking and monitoring news coverage for a client. You already have the sentiment breakdown, and the news clippings that you can easily turn into a book.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Design
User in Design

"Saves time and optimises media contacts"

What do you like best?

I like that it has been customized accordingly to our needs. Once you get a hang of Agility's interface, setting up media releases is as easy as a walk in the park. It saves the time and less hassle compared to manually doing everything - from contact list, to distribution and tracking reports.

What do you dislike?

Recently, we have encountered system lapses like media release status remains draft but it was actually sent out already. I'd also appreciate improvements on UX and platform interface as it his quite hard to extract data since you're not allowed to open several window tabs simultaneously, so you end up with lots of clicking, then going back to home and repeating the same process again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent PR tool to generate a targeted and focused media list and maintain a wide contact base

It helped us verify and generate media contacts easily. This made the distribution more robust and wide-reach.

Agility PR Solutions review by Van Thu N.
Van Thu N.

"Great Customer Service and features!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see influencer Twitter handles, their story angles, and topics they write about as well as their preferred contact method and followers on Twitter. There is also the ad spend costs for the different outlets that can be useful to show the value when there's press placement for clients. You can customize the fields you want to be exported as a CSV file, which is nice. And expect to communicate with a great team of people. They are very friendly and understanding, and they'll work quickly to resolve any issues. This is also a much more affordable solution than Cision and some other softwares out there currently.

What do you dislike?

The User Interface can use some work. It's not as attractive and has a bit of delay from a usability standpoint. Also, you can only export 1k contacts at one time. On the making payment standpoint, their previous method of collecting payment made it a bit more tedious to take care of compared to other businesses and softwares I made payment to. This recent month, they now have an online portal for you to make payment via credit/debit so I don't have to do wire transfers or call in to make a payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When targeting lists for individual clients, have all the angles already laid out for stories to target specific influencers that write about those topics for your client so you don't have to create a bunch of different lists and figure out later if there are overlaps with journalists writing about 2 more of the topics you exported lists for.

Being able to narrow down influencers that are the best fit for my clients in regards to the number of followers they have on social to increase their reach. Saving time by easily searching and exporting updated contacts of influencers so I don't have to search for specific ones and hunt down their contact information myself, they keep their contacts up to date and send emails to let us know who has moved to a different outlet or changed their contact info.

"Communications Officer"

What do you like best?

I like that you can archive profiles. The online search capabilities is a useful tool. It is also convenient that it keeps a records of tweets/news articles for 2 years. It is overall, a useful public environment analysis tool.

What do you dislike?

Twitter searching capabilities are not specific enough and using manual search options can be tedious. Not being able to upload your own monitoring content easily for Twitter (must prepare in excel spreadsheet and send to Agility PR rep). Quote function is not the most reliable either. - for news articles. Manually adding the tone for articles is also tedious. Also, not being able to collect keyword date, unless previously submitted and approved, is quite inconvenient. It would be useful if it worked more like twitter in that way, being able to retrieve old tweets, hashtags (that were not previously submitted for record keeping) would improve the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Book an intro session for all employees using the software, it was very helpful. I would also recommend scheduling a tutorial on the many tools available for Media Monitoring, its very informative and will allow you to best utilize Agility to your need. The staff has always been very helpful with questions and when additional support is needed.

Main function is for Media analysis. We use agility to archive news stories and to track social media trends (keyword based). it is useful for keeping track of public environment trends and stats.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Agility is the new global media intelligence solution to keep an eye on"

What do you like best?

Agility has a friendly, clean and easy-to-use interface that makes navigating the platform a breeze. They have all of the media list building tools that you need and great filter options that really narrow down your media lists. The customer support is superb, they are always responding straight away and are there to help you the whole way through.

What do you dislike?

As it's a new solution, they are still adding elements that the older platforms have such as editorial calendars and media monitoring. Their global media contact info (not US & UK) needs updating as many of the media contact details that were given for European media outlets was incorrect. It would also be helpful if their press release distribution service had a translation function to translate press releases in a preferred language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you determine everything you need from a media solution platform and discuss with the Agility team, as their platform doesn't offer everything you may already be used to.

Getting vital information on media professionals in order to make targeted PR communications strategies. It's also helpful to monitor what certain media professionals are saying on their Twitter feeds. We are also planning on using the press release distribution tool quite frequently and Agility's wire service looks really clean, professional and modern which will appeal to journalists and editors.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

" Some strong benefits, not a full solution. "

What do you like best?

I find the attention from staff members, the contact database and completeness of research data to be better than some alternatives I have tried. The interface is also straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, while Agility has a lot of things going for it, it is very much held back by a limited topic list, a less than comprehensive index of sources and publications, and a mail merge system which does not inspire confidence. I find it is a useful tool, but in no way replacement for something like Cision. And I vastly prefer Yesware for email distributions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t expect it to replace Cision.

We have used Agility for targeting, and it offers mail merge features as well, which we have not utilized. We can easily locate large numbers of journalists to contact with potential story ideas.

Agility PR Solutions review by Paige K.
Paige K.

"Intuitive Searching Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The search feature is incredible intuitive - it functions like you would hope a contact database might. As a professional often tasked with finding outlets that cover a particular topic, or curating a list of media in a hyper-targeted location, being able to search as such has changed the way I create media lists. I no longer feel like I am potentially missing out on outlets because I'm not aware of them offhand, because instead of searching each outlet individually for the correct beat reporter, Agility is helping to do the work for me by pulling in the right contact from the right outlets - some that I hadn't thought of immediately. While I don't rely on Agility to create media lists entirely, it gets me at least 80% of the way there in just a few minutes - a valuable, time saving tool that is proving to be my secret weapon!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not so much a dislike as it is a feature we don't utilize is the mass targeted distribution. Because we stick to the old school approach of sending pitches individually, I don't suspect we as an agency will get much use out of the distribution tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The search bar in the top right automatically defaults to people - we didn't realize this at first and were confused when we searched outlets by name and returned no results. Perhaps making it clear that the quick search is only for people so that new clients like us don't get startled by the lack of results!

Time saving is the biggest piece. One search finds most of my information rather than ten individual searches as we were doing on our previous platform. Plus, the support team has been great to work with so far. They are quick, helpful, and stay on top of any issues we come across (even if that is just simply adding a small outlet to our database)

Agility PR Solutions review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Great resource for PR professionals"

What do you like best?

I like how you can use different parameters to tailor who you target, including location, topics and media type.

What do you dislike?

In a few cases, I’ve found some media contacts who aren’t in Agility. However, I let the Agility team know, and they added them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider using this program if you need a tool to target media members and track the success of your campaigns.

I’m able to email a large targeted group of contacts all at once, and I can also track the open and click-through rates. That has saved me time and kept all of the communications in one place.

Agility PR Solutions review by Paula C.
Paula C.

"Very Happy With Agility"

What do you like best?

Agility is by far the simplest and most intuitive media solutions platform our agency has used so far. We love the way Agility is designed and set up, and that it is so easy to follow. It is just so accessible!

What do you dislike?

We do wish that there was an affordable monitoring component.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this service. The customer service is so smart. They have twice-weekly open seminars for your staff or interns to call in and get training automatically, which is ingenious. No need to request help, you just call in on the designated lines and designated times. Brilliant. The response time when you do need outside help is very swift. Also, the platform is simply very easy to use. The list-building is so intuitive and smart, we never have issues or problems. So far, it's just excellent.

Great list building and super easy press release distribution.

Agility PR Solutions review by Rob H.
Rob H.

"A comprehensive platform that is critical to my work."

What do you like best?

I've been very impressed by Agility's modules (monitoring, media database, outreach) for the full platform. As the head of communications for my company, and will little support staff, the ability to capture articles, research targets, and conduct seamless outreach has been incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the media database isn't fully accurate for a particular outlet, but Agility is quick to correct when I've highlighted any changes that need to be made.

We have a number of portfolio companies that I provide media monitoring and PR outreach for. Agility serves both very well.

Agility PR Solutions review by Cristina H.
Cristina H.

"Great solution for global PR campaigns"

What do you like best?

Agility PR Solutions are simple and easy to use. In few days you're able to build your media lists and start pitching and tracking your results. I love the fact that the support team are constantly adding new media outlets and journalists to the database.

What do you dislike?

Some countries are less strong than others, but they keep working on a daily basis updating more and more outlets and contacts.

At Digisec Media we needed a strong PR solution for global media databases and distribution. This solution sorted both of us problems and the best part is the support team behind it.

Agility PR Solutions review by Liz G.
Liz G.

"Great Asset"

What do you like best?

Agility is comprehensive and updates changes rapidly.

What do you dislike?

Few formatting options for exports and it's a bit clunky to convert publication only lists to contact lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do take advantage of training and customer support and don't hesitate to request an update.

Agility PR Solutions gives us rapid access to information on who is covering what topics, as well as which publications our clients should be targeting. We've realized greater productivity with our media relations activity and can get our clients in front of a broader, yet more appropriate, media audience.

Agility PR Solutions review by Danielle B.
Danielle B.

"Agility PR is a great option for small agencies"

What do you like best?

As the owner of a small agency, I needed access to a media database that was not only affordable but also offered the same technology and opportunities that the more expensive companies offered. Agility gave me that.

What do you dislike?

As with their competitors, media contacts constantly change due to turnover or reassignment. The list that you cull today, might not be sound in a month so as a marketer you need to regularly update your lists.

With Agility I"m an insider with the ability to isolate opportunities with media professionals on a national level as well as within niche markets.

"Perfect for our size"

What do you like best?

Our rep is amazing. She's been so helpful and really showed us how to make the most of their system. Even after she left and we were assigned a new one, we've had the support we need to make the most of this paid platform.

What do you dislike?

It's slightly less intuitive than Cision and some of the other platforms we've used, but it definitely gets the job done and for a much lower price tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a pretty basic pitching tool. Worth the money for small-scale PR efforts.

We were putting our press releases on the wire and not getting any actionable results. Agility gave us the ability to make real connections, build targeted lists, and more. We've seen more success with this method than traditional wires.

Agility PR Solutions review by Francine M.
Francine M.

"As a one-person department, it helps me do the personalized media relations work of five people."

What do you like best?

I like the feature that allows me to contact each reporter by name. I also like the fact that I can create custom Market Intelligence Reports that allows me to see our news and the news of our competitors.

What do you dislike?

The keyword filter continues to generate duplicates. However, I will be talking to a representative this week to solve the problem. I do like the fact that there are real people available to talk me through any issue. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a demo so that you can understand all capabilities.

I can create media lists for each area we are involved in. It has helped introduce me to new reporters I would have otherwise never met.

Agility PR Solutions review by Barry R.
Barry R.

"Makes targeting journalists and tracking PR impact a breeze!"

What do you like best?

Agility does most of the heavy lifting on researching and targeting journalists and let's us directly see the interest and impact.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints. The design could be sleeker, but it's intuitive and functional so it gets the job done.

Before it was a tedious process to manually research, record, and target journalists in each category we target. And the impact we'd get from reaching out to them was largely a guess. Agility does most of the heavy lifting on researching and targeting for us and let's us directly see the interest and impact.

Agility PR Solutions review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Simple to use, easy, quick access to assistance"

What do you like best?

Instant chat for any questions I might have has been useful in a few circumstances. Particularly like the ease with which to add additional, personal email address to custom lists. Email distributions have been easy.

What do you dislike?

Better clarity on email distribution limit (are email addresses in multiple lists counted as multiple distributions), help/option to remove duplicate listings (multiple listings on single lists direct to the same email address or deactivated/useless addresses, such as customer service emails).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would certainly recommend, have trialled a few other platforms.

Easy way to distribute news to press, both via Agility's own database and my personal contact list. Has been of great benefit in receiving coverage from various online, magazine, and radio/TV outlets.

Agility PR Solutions review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"More than I expected"

What do you like best?

I like being able to compare against competitors in share of voice and the intuitive way to program releases to be sent to selected media lists.

What do you dislike?

The search sometimes isn't intuitive for targeting media. I also have issues with making sure when I am pulling clip reports that they are truly articles and coverage and not analyst reports on companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are saving work to ensure it is in draft format frequently.

I am tracking media coverage for our clients and sending out targeted media releases. I use the software for identifying influencers. The information provided by the Influence tab helped me secure an influencer for one of my clients and enabled them to garner media coverage and engagement.

Agility PR Solutions review by Becki S.
Becki S.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do both in-house eblasts, and the ability to do editable searches so I can update existing lists and overwrite them so they are always up to date.

What do you dislike?

I wish with the platform that the distributions would allow for unlimited distributions annually rather than putting a cap on how many emails you can send out. I also have found that sometimes contacts are not categorized in the correct beats which frustrates contacts when I reach out to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through training and utilize your customer service reps!

I have a much easier time finding contacts very fast and getting out time sensitive emails. Also, the customer service is amazing!

Agility PR Solutions review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"Agility makes your job easier"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that they have so many options available to narrow down your searches. They think of every possible niche before you even will.

What do you dislike?

The one issue I saw was that with the many options for search customization that agility provides, it sometimes is easy to miss something or forget where a feature is located. However, there amazing customer service helped me and solved my issue in less than five minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone in the PR industry to make your job easier.

It saves PR professionals so much time and effort! It makes finding a source and sending pitches 10 times easier!

Agility PR Solutions review by robin w.
robin w.

"Agility is customizable for all types of businesses"

What do you like best?

The staff at Agility was able to help us customize their services when we needed something different than what we had originally purchased.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box, the solution we signed up for didn't work for us. But that "dislike" turned into a like when they were able to remedy the situation

We were doing manual media coverage reports, which was time-consuming and didn't look professional. Agility helped us create a custom solution. The feedback from staff has been very positive.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Team effort and mentoring"

What do you like best?

Agility reps are always accessible. If there is a question or you have clips to send they are very prompt in getting back to you and they are listening to their clients. Agility will augment their reporting so that it can be presented in various ways which is helpful when presenting to management.

What do you dislike?

sometimes I find it a bit confusing maneuvering through the site to get my own evaluations but Agility will always take the time to guide me through searches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to walk through the system with your account rep. the staff at Agility are second to none and when you need the evaluations they are your best friends. They always handle requests with a smile. I can't thank them enough.

We have a budget to host travel media from our North American Market and it is important to evaluate our efforts and gather the return on investment. we could not do that without Agility.

Agility PR Solutions review by Jamie B.
Jamie B.

"Using Engagement Tab"

What do you like best?

I have recently been researching influencers and the engagement tab where I can search on keywords was of tremendous help to help identify potential influencers in the space I wanted to be present in for clients.

What do you dislike?

The platform overall has log loading times and we have found lately that the contact information for journalists we follow up with is not up to date.

I use Agility for my clients public relations campaigns. It is easy to use and allows me to build, measure and position them quickly.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Really useful for global PR and intuitive platform"

What do you like best?

I like how it's easy to understand the filtering process and the fact that the created list of contacts can be exported

What do you dislike?

I think the industry category could be better develop. Since I work for a niche industry (data center cabinet manufacturer), sometimes it's hard to tell if the assigned contacts will be relevant to something like "Technology", which is too broad of a term

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to understand how it's integrated with Business Wire -- a partner. Doesn't seem like Agility PR personnel really know who the integration works.

We wanted to mainly use Agility PR to cater to the international media, although we find the national contacts to be really good. I love how I can create separate lists for a specific need.

Agility PR Solutions review by Robin W.
Robin W.

"Customized Solution"

What do you like best?

We had a unique need for our media monitoring needs and Agility was able to dedicate a team of of experts to help us with this project. They followed up regularly to make sure we were getting what we needed.

What do you dislike?

The service didn't work for us "out of the box," but that wasn't an issue for the Agility team. They tailored the service to fit out needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if the product isn't exactly what you need, ask. They may be able to help

We are keeping staff informed about the news happening in the U.S. and around the world. We realize that people are actually reading what we are sending out.

Agility PR Solutions review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Personalized service"

What do you like best?

We decided to go with AgilityPR because we would have an analyst assigned to our account. No matter how good natural language processing is, nothing beats the human touch. We appreciate the personalized customer service we receive. But even more than that, we like having a partner who is willing to be innovative in how they work with us.

What do you dislike?

This is a very minor dislike, but the graphics that are used for some of our reports could be enhanced.

We needed a monitoring service to keep tabs on how our stakeholders feel about our organization. We developed a Reputation Radar Report that, week by week, helps us keep tabs on and understand that sentiment.

Agility PR Solutions review by User

"Just getting started with webinars; use a lot for media lists"

What do you like best?

We've used Agility for the media lists for a few years, and I'm excited to start using the free webinars; what a great opportunity to learn without committing to an expensive conference. AND that if I can't listen in at the appointed time, I can get a download to watch on my own schedule. That's key.

What do you dislike?

For media lists, that the security level isn't compliant with our IT requirements. For the webinars, I don't know yet. I am guessing I won't find much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your media lists are being updated and that the security settings are in compliance with what your IT department requires. And take advantage of the monitoring tools. You can use them at a glance if you don't have time to dig deep.

We're solving our need to maintain our media lists, though we've found several to be out of date. For the webinars, I'm planning to learn a lot about SEO. I have found that co-workers and friends in various positions have widely different opinions, and I don't know whom to believe.

"Robust but not perfect"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of the email tracking/analytics, the reporter search functionality, and the ability to save searches, lists, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like the media monitoring is that effective - I get better results with Google Alerts. And I am not impressed by the analytics that the email service returns, the open rates seem low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have the manpower to fully utilize all of the capabilities before you make the investment. It can do a lot, but for a 1-person marketing/PR team, it's hard to get much out of it.

Growing our PR efforts was our main goal, and we have made a few connections using Agility. It's probably our own internal issue that we haven't done better using it.

Agility PR Solutions review by User

"Agility for geoscience comms"

What do you like best?

Agility is a no-nonsense, fuss free coms tool for media monitoring and distributions. Its pretty intuitive and has proven to be a good overall online tool for geoscience comms.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike to be honest - I suppose the only think I can thin of is that it occasionally turns off topic monitoring as they time out. I'd much prefer to control it so they stay on indefinitely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes - worth a demo.

Agility is our way to keep ahead of geoscience events - in particular news of earthquakes. Fairly frequently I learn of earthquakes via Agility alerts first rather than our own seismologists.

"Agility PR Solutions"

What do you like best?

When needed, it is easy to access the help desk and they are very willing to help.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to customize what I need to see. I would like to set it up so I can see the lists as I need to see them, not the default vision... It is very frustrating when I have to click through each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work closely with Agility PR team. They are GREAT, very accessible and eager to assist.

I am not solving any business problems with Agility PR Solutions. I use Agility PR Solutions to distribute news releases to target audiences... I don't just want to "put it out on the wire."

Agility PR Solutions review by Consultant in Public Relations and Communications
Consultant in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use and understand - some features have improved"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the list-building system and efficient way to send out press releases, especially to wider audiences (Europe, etc). Value for money. The more you use it, the easier it becomes and is faster to use.

What do you dislike?

Updating lists - can be fiddly and sometimes difficult to ensure they are up-to-date. Not all the emails are opened, meaning some releases have not reached the editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've found their support team to be of great help. Make use of the training and support on offer, it will help you to understand the system and make the most of what's on offer. Also, spending time on building and maintaining lists helps a lot and I'm now finding it faster to use.

Simple way to send out a press release to a larger number of recipients (handy in these GDPR-regulated times). Also good for targeting journalists in trade sectors and different countries.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Research
User in Research

"Agility gives us everything we need to find and reach vital contacts across the media"

What do you like best?

It offers a comprehensive list of media contacts and makes them easy to access. We have built our own lists and have been able to do so on a range of subjects that are hugely varied, from potato agriculture to product design. It is an easy platform to use, meaning we can quickly find the contacts we need.

What do you dislike?

For the purposes we need to use it I haven't found anything that really causes a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for any PR office needing to maintain a wide contact base

We are a Scottish university but with a global reach. We have a wide-ranging research profile that runs from medicine and life sciences to art & design. So the stories we are looking to push out to the world cover a huge range of potential outlets. Agility has made it easy for us to find out who we should be speaking to and how we can reach them.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Enjoying it so far "

What do you like best?

I think the most useful part of the service is being able to search users and make list which I can share with others on my team. I also find being able to schedule a press release ahead of time very useful when I have several to get out in one day.

What do you dislike?

What I've found to be a downside is the limited amount of topics I can search under for relevant publications or journalist. With such broad topics e.g. finance it takes me additional time to click through every result.

I also dislike that I can't add both publication/news desk email and journalist email in one go when searching and creating a media list. This feature would be really useful when you're short of time.

I think the biggest benefit has been to save time when we have limited resources. It's also useful to see how many people have clicked onto our press releases after a distribution.

Agility PR Solutions review by Jessica F.
Jessica F.

"Effective journalist database "

What do you like best?

Agility provides a good solution for contacting journalists with contact information and an ability to distribute communications within the same platform.

What do you dislike?

It would be more helpful if we could delete journalist contacts from media lists we had developed on a temporary basis without having to create a whole new list each time. For example, if a journalist had already opened a release, it would be helpful to be able to temporarily remove them from a distribution list, when sending same release again. It would be helpful to have more local media titles - much smaller ones perhaps which are not audited.

We don't really have any business problems per say.

Agility PR Solutions review by John A.
John A.

"Invaluable PR tool"

What do you like best?

Unlike some competitors, Agility is easily searchable and regularly updated

What do you dislike?

Nothing really of note, it would be handy to be able to export more contacts in a singvle CSV, especially when building global contact lists. Uploading a new contact could be simpler, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the test period to construct real-life lists and see how they compare with others.

I use Agility to buiold distribution lists for media releases and associated uses.

Agility PR Solutions review by User

"A great tool for small organisations working on many topics"

What do you like best?

It is a powerhouse for a one-woman band like me! I like the breadth of journalists; the ease of use; the ability to measure who viewed / opened / clicked on the press release links. It is also nice to be able to easily search an organisation to find the journalists working on a specific topic. Within the journalists' profiles, I like being able to see their latest tweets.

What do you dislike?

The database itself does still miss out a few journalists, so I have to be careful to ensure that those outside the database are also included. It can also be very slow to load, which can be a bit frustrating when putting together several media lists. I still find these flaws quite minor compared to other competitors that I trialed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Agility PR Solutions, I'd recommend that you do a test with Agility and ask a lot of questions to make sure that it will meet your needs. My needs included: needing to be able to build lots of lists of journalists on different topics, sometimes at short notice; needing to find journalists' email addresses easily so that I could pitch stories to them individually; and needing a way to send out a press release besides one that cost extra (that was a big plus). You get 100,000 contacts per year with a contract, which is more than enough for us since we are not spamming everyone with our press releases but rather choosing a targeted approach.

We're able to reach out to journalists working on a wide variety of topics because we produce reports covering everything from climate change to food security to genome editing. The fact that we can easily search for journalists and publications has boosted our media outreach, both within Europe and globally.

Agility PR Solutions review by Henry G.
Henry G.

"Review of Agility by Positive Profile"

What do you like best?

The ability to access contact telephone numbers and emails; the ease of setting up (and then using) a distribution list for emailed press releases

What do you dislike?

Seems impossible to target specific types of editors amongst the national newspapers (e.g. all Health Editors, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easy to use, practical and relatively comprehensive solution to targeting the media and for the distribution of news releases and feature stories.

I help raise companies' profiles in the national and specialist trade press by offering exclusives and industry insights to the media.

Agility PR Solutions review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Media monitoring"

What do you like best?

The briefing note never misses. It is always on time and has all our search words hit. Developing the strings take time but very useful.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of other uses that we have that I just have not been able to find the time to use yet. I have had a couple training exercises, which are very good, but just haven't been able to get into. It is complicated for me but I am not as savvy as I could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all that is offered. There is so much more than simply the media side of things.

We keep our staff updated and current with early morning news briefing. Very useful to ensure managers and executive stay current.

Agility PR Solutions review by Alexander J.
Alexander J.
View Original

"An amazing service!"

What do you like best?

I love the wide of a variety of contacts that are available, the customer service is great and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I wish contacts could unsubscribe easier, such as by saying unsubscribe, so I don't have to walk them through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend it, but possibly negotiate a slightly lower price

It solves my PR Problems and distributions

Agility PR Solutions review by Executive Sponsor in Semiconductors
Executive Sponsor in Semiconductors

"Great media database and customer service"

What do you like best?

I use Agility mostly as a media database which is where it gives extraordinary bang for buck. For international data there's no equal value proposition from the competition.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much or I'd stop using them - there are plenty of other options but I've used most of the competition and I'm happy with Agility at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial for a week against current system. Mirror every task. For us that showed it was a good exchange.

We are relatively modest users of d/b's in this area so Agility provides a good spread of information, with a decent dash, at a sensible price that fits well with our needs.

Agility PR Solutions review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Agility Monitoring is spot-on in some regards, lacking in others"

What do you like best?

I like that you can set up email notifications and that they are reliable - they come when they're supposed to and they are easy to click through to the content.

What do you dislike?

The monitoring function is akin to a Google Alert. I don't find that Agility "finds" things that my Google Alerts don't find. However, the format of Agility alerts is better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the product to a company that doesn't have the people power to use Google Alerts + HootSuite (or another tool) to monitor their press/mentions/interactions on the web. The interface is okay, and the customer support is really awesome. As an add-on product, it's a win-win. Standalone, not so much. Also, be sure to sign up for webcasts/trainings or use your personal Agility contact; there are some features that you would assume to be intuitive, that aren't at all. Also, you have to sometimes do weird workarounds to make things work properly in regard to the search.

Making sure that we're aware of our appearances on the web, across the board.

Agility PR Solutions review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Does everything I need it to do"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use and access to instant analytics. Agility is an absolute lifesaver at my job and the best tool when it comes to brand awareness.

What do you dislike?

Creating distribution lists could be a bit monotonous, would help if it was easier to filter out organizations you never want to include in your searches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this. It does everything you need when it comes to PR and it saves you both time and money.

My company is looking to get our name out more. Our first press release had immediate pickup and we have been going strong since.

Agility PR Solutions review by Rob B.
Rob B.

"Great Media Monitoring Platform!"

What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to use! We have been using Agility PR Solutions for a number of years and as they have been doing improvements, and adding more services, and it can only get better! It's a service that we could not go without!

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that we do not dislike about the service.

We have found that Agility PR Solutions has made it so we don't need to manually take any of our media coverage! Agility PR Solutions does it for us!

Agility PR Solutions review by Alicia M.
Alicia M.

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

Using Agility PR not only saves time but it's very user friendly. If you don't know how to do something, there are plenty tutorials and how to's

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I can think of that I dislike about this product.

I'm able to get the right contacts to send press releases to. It's so helpful because I know I'm sending it to the right person who is covering that topic.

Agility PR Solutions review by James W.
James W.

"My experience with Agility PR Solutions"

What do you like best?

Agility is a tremendous asset for finding new media outlets for clients and opportunities for contributions.

What do you dislike?

Many of the themes / subject matters are often convoluted, meaning searches can often be inaccurate. I believe this needs to be filtered down better to create more effective media lists.

Finding new outlets that were previously hard to identify through search engines.

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I use Agility to make media lists on most days - Agility is the the easiest and most accurate service I have used for this.

What do you dislike?

Only that every time I save search criteria and re-run it, that I have to save it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't question it - just do it. Agility is great, and if there's ever anything that you wonder about, the service is second to none!

Tons of benefits - it allows me to connect with journalists and get my clients' stories in front of the right audience

Learn more about Agility PR Solutions

Agility PR Solutions Videos

Learning about Agility PR Solutions?

* We monitor all Agility PR Solutions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.