Aha!

3.9

Aha! helps make agile product managers great by enabling them to set winning product strategies and prioritize the key features that customers want. Build brilliant product strategy and visual roadmaps.

Work for Aha!?

Learning about Aha!?

Aha! Reviews

Showing 63 Aha! reviews
Aha! review by Malena Y.
Malena Y.

" Powerful product management tool"

What do you like best?

Aha! This is a very full-featured road tool with a lot of multifunctional capabilities. Just to realize, what else needs to be done, and I can prioritize. In addition, I can see what my team members need to do, which simplifies the transition and support. In general, it is productive.

What do you dislike?

This service does not need absolute functionality, but the numerous functions of Aha! must be easily accessible in mobile devices, including messages, ideas and functions. In some areas, I would like the document to be done in a different way, but this is insignificant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can not doubt the productivity of this platform. So you will have an excellent strategy in the work. And also the opportunity to use a huge space for storing information.

We apply Aha! with the goal of researching the product roadmap, presenting ideas, tracking ideas and creating custom events. In this regard, we have a much greater exponent, in connection with which the wishes will be prioritized in comparison with others.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Aha!
Aha! review by Delinda S.
Delinda S.

"Stay focused on what's important for your working process."

What do you like best?

I guess the best at working days it is to have balanced scheduling which will make better discipline and with this platform, we have this chance. I'm glad that I found the faster and better management system. The software allows the bigger way for useful tools.

What do you dislike?

By luck, I never have problems at work during use that platform. Doesn't bring any trouble and don't rush our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't have any doubts about this platform as you will have the better strategy at work. You will have the ability to use the big storage place where you can store all your information it is very convenient for everyone.

We receive the big help for inspection all our data and working plan. Wonderful to work with more concentration on working operation. The better way of working on our projects and create them in the very productive way. It is a wonderful strategy for execution working needs.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Aha! review by Reynaldo C.
Reynaldo C.

"All information in one place makes your work easy."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I found the faster and better controlling system of my scheduling. Now, I can have an effective process of working reports. Also, it is a wonderful way to work on projects. The software gives the big opportunity of useful tools.

What do you dislike?

I'm glad that till now I don't have any bad issues with this software. Gives better and fast work for all of the team. If I have any question about working issue it is always easy to take a advice from help service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software will give you the perfect strategy of all working routine. You can store all your information in one place which is useful and comfortable for everyone. Make your working steps more organized. Improve all your working skills.

Very helpful platform for monitoring all our information and working steps.We have the ability to concentrate at working process mu better. We have the chance to create more effective projects. Actually, we have the powerful strategy for execution.

Aha! review by Cyril C.
Cyril C.

"we and Aha!"

What do you like best?

This program is a miracle. It allowed us to organize everything in our system of product roadmaps, allows teams to quickly and visually track various projects on different platforms in the company. I want to note very competent support, which responded almost instantly after our appeals. There was a nuance of use with JIRA, but technical support was very quick and intelligibly told how to integrate correctly.

What do you dislike?

Complex functionality at first glance, but quickly figured out. It took a long time to configure the application. The time spent paid off very quickly, which can not but rejoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best programs for marketing management. The program fully pays for the funds invested in it. Having seen it our partners also became interested in it and plan to take control. Very good product.

It became much easier to manage all the requests of our customers. Optimization of the logistics of products has increased the productivity of our company. Huge saving of time, which helped to use more time for other tasks.

Aha! review by Lindsey M. R.
Lindsey M. R.

"Great for Product Management in Distributed Teams!"

What do you like best?

The integration throughout the product. Ideas to Features to Reports. Its really easy to use. The Ideas portal is great for managing requests and giving visibility of those requests. The Gantt chart is great for roadmap planning and its easy to edit. The report Notebooks are super helpful, especially the live URL. Management can easily bookmark and view the current status. I like being able to use the "Parking Lot/Backlog" to manage features that we know we want to develop but are unsure of what release they should go into at the time.

What do you dislike?

There's no integration with YouTrack, only JIRA. We would have to use an API in order to send the tasks to YouTrack.

An interactive report would be helpful as the static images can cause issues when trying to share with management.

The "View" options can be confusing as it takes you directly to the Reports tab, it's not a change in the view of that current you're on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for remote teams as it allows easy sharing of information. Works best if you use JIRA for task management.

Transparency of the product roadmap and what's being worked on when. Its helped reduce manual communication work with notifications. We've also used it to group our features into releases so we have a clearer plan of what the team is working towards. Creating the product strategy also helped us focus on the product plan.

Aha! review by Alfred A.
Alfred A.

"Much better work for all your reports."

What do you like best?

Very good working tools. I like the easy way to use them. Helps me to manage all my scheduling. Very good and deep work on reports. Very good work on creating a project.

What do you dislike?

Good work. Good that I have the ability to work easier. The very good product which helps you to work every day. I don't have any bad issue with it. Very good help from support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful software. It is will be good for everyone. At your work, you will have a really good strategy. That system will care about all organization at your working place. Very helpful support service. You will like it.

Very good and more concentrate work on our project. We are excited about the product. Good job to manage data and all process. We like to work with good ability of wonderful tool.

Aha! review by Clifton H.
Clifton H.

"Reports on project details"

What do you like best?

I like to have and to work that tools.I can easily to control time and scheduling. Also, reports on project details filed in Aha!. We are more concentrated on more important things.

What do you dislike?

Really I don't know what to write here.I like to be with this product every day. Until this moment I don't have something really bad. If I have some issues I will contact support service. They work all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Now I can say that Software is an amazing and clear strategy. Will give you an ability to organize everything that you need. I like that support team is helping all the time.I recommend it.

Great absorbing of the product control data and process. Completely full feature without becoming excess with other additional tools. Helps to us to views of the roadmap.

Aha! review by Ajay S.
Ajay S.

"Aha a must to have tool for Product Managers."

What do you like best?

Aha! is one of the best tools for Product Manager to manage end to end the requirements aligned with product strategy and business goals. It also provides seamless integration with various project management & collaboration tools like Salesforce, Jira, Slack & others.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific which I can mention but I would suggest for an enhancement to have some option track activity on milestone/release with dependency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Aha! for Product Management as they have all the required feature and also filling the gaps as the industry & technology is advancing.

We are using Aha! for our product requirements and Product Roadmap with Release tracking. And also as a collaboration tool for our Sales Leader/Customer/Product Management to gather requirements & Feature Ideas and build product roadmap.

Aha! review by Richard P.
Richard P.

"One of the most fully featured roadmapping tools on the market"

What do you like best?

Aha! is a very fully featured roadmapping tool with tons of functionality. We liked the Salesforce integration the most, which allows our salespeople to enter Aha! feature requests via Salesforce opportunities. This enabled us to rank feature requests by associated revenue so we could track business relevance.

Another outstanding aspect of Aha! is its customer support. All of its customer success folks are former product managers and they provide excellent support. They are quick to respond and they are very informed.

What do you dislike?

We had two main issues with our Aha! implementation:

1) We sorted our feature requests on a milestone granularity. Our prioritization process required us to stack rank milestones so we could move them around as needed. Aha! has no ability to track the stack rank so we wound up doing it in Excel, which defeats the purpose of using Aha! to track prioritization in the first place.

2. Therefore, our primary use of using Aha! was tracking feature requests via Salesforce. The main drawback here was that while Aha! enabled us to sort feature requests by associated revenue, we needed more business context. In other words, we wanted to know whether a customer requesting a feature considered it a "must-have" or a "nice-to-have". Aha! therefore needed more fields for the mapping between a customer and a feature request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning to integrate with Jira, make sure you figure out the mapping between Jira objects and Aha! objects before moving forward. Had we known before purchase that Jira integration wouldn't have been possible, this may have affected our decision.

The biggest problem we are solving is to track feature requests and rank them by associated revenue. We therefore have much greater visibility into which requests should be prioritized over others.

Aha! review by Cathy S.
Cathy S.

"Brought our roadmaps into the 21st century! "

What do you like best?

Aha! brought our organization's product management function into the 21st century. We have used it for 12 months and I barely remember the days of PowerPoints and spreadsheets and legal pad scribbles. Now we are on a SaaS solution that integrates with the company's SSO. I love the accessibility and usability of Aha!

The support team is top-notch, highly responsive to my questions. Aha's crowd sourced "big ideas" site shows their own product in action, and enhancements are regularly delivered to the solution.

What do you dislike?

Reports is highly customizable and can really Tell The Story of your releases, but it requires a working knowledge of pivot table formatting and has not been highly adopted across the team. Also, the report templates provided are heavily focused on tying back to strategy. For products where work is happening but strategy is not fully defined, those templates are not very worthwhile.

Organizational transparency to product intake and product roadmaps, a common language for feature development status, and a one-stop-shop for keeping track of the million details that go into release planning.

Aha! review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful Product Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Aha does a lot. I think its integration with Jira is probably one of the strongest things and makes product management a lot easier by not having to worry about duplicate entry of user stories or initiatives.

What do you dislike?

Aha has a bit of a learning curve. I had downloaded the free trial but didn't really understand what all it could do until I used it at a company who had already implemented it. It was definitely overwhelming at first!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it time. It certainly takes a bit to get everything set up with integrations and workflows so that you can use it exactly how you want to. It's kind of like Jira in that it can do so much that the only downside to that is the time investment required to configure it.

We use Aha for product roadmapping, idea submission, idea tracking, and user story creation. It really helps us from start to finish when deciding what the product and engineering team is going to build.

Aha! review by User in Computer Software

"Organize and Prioritize Upcoming Releases"

What do you like best?

I like the visual layout, being able to see what my upcoming releases look like and prioritize things by dragging them around.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of little usability issues, for example, you cannot multi-select and perform bulk actions on features within a release. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you have to manually alter each feature in a release with a ton of featrue cards it's a drag. There are many other small nuisances like that I come across daily, but that's the one that's on the top of my mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best Product Management software out there, but the space still hasn't found it's Salesforce. Aha could be to PM what salesforce is to CRM, but it's a long way off, currently.

Organizing, prioritizing, and keeping track of releases in progress and then reporting on finished releases.

Aha! review by User in Internet

"Just Barely Scratched the Surface"

What do you like best?

The Aha! task requirements are a godsend, because they mimic the way I make lists: they allow for cross-offs/check completed. The tagging feature is great, as well.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I've barely scratched surface at what Aha! can do and the way Aha! labels its tabs are a bit confusing. I do wish that was more intuitive; I'm having to bookmark specific pages because I can't remember how to get from place to place. I also don't like that there are different tiers of access, so that I have to sign in and out to be able to assign team members tasks, etc. There have been a few miscommunications and tasks or follow-ups that have fallen through, simply because it's difficult to keep track of tasks that aren't directly tagged to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It won't hurt. It's useful and although a bit clunky, it's not completely difficult to grasp. Give yourself between 2 to 4 weeks to get used to the product and get some training to get the most out of Aha! There are places you can make and collect notes, there are different filters to explore, etc.

Task management and project management. The benefits are that everyone in the company - not just on my team, but everyone in the company - can track the progress of a task. The tagging feature, which I mentioned above, is neat, even though it only allows me to tag the people who are part of the content channel, as opposed to the separate development channel. The search function is comprehensive, though, so that's helpful.

Aha! review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Great tool, lots of integrations with other products, very intuitive and very fast personal support"

What do you like best?

I like how this tool is a great PM tool for visualizing the roadmap, understanding all the pieces that go into achieving the roadmap goals, how ideas/features/releases/initiatives/goals are all tied together. The Aha! Score is extremely valuable and helps teams plan upcoming releases easily. No more meetings with opinions driving the results!

What do you dislike?

There's not a native mobile experience yet. It doesn't need full functionality but many features of Aha! should be available on mobile including reports, ideas, features and releases.

I also don't like that To Dos are not a part of a template. This would reduce a PM's workload and help companies use Aha! to standardize their processes immensely.

The Aha! score needs to be tied into the 2x2 matrix for Initiatives and Goals along with the user being able to customize how the scores are reflected in the matrix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is only as good as the user using it and they training to understand the Aha! methodology. It's a strong one that I support and see how it can work for many different organizations. It's very important to get this tool for non Product stakeholders to use as it's meant to create a cohesive cross functional operation between Product and everyone else.

I'm working with my client to integrate Aha! with JIRA, standardize their Product departments processes while using Aha! to remove roadmapping Excel files and reduce/end some cross functional meetings. It appears this will work easily as the PM's have easily bought into Aha! and leadership see the value clear as day.

Aha! review by Administrator

"Aha! adds transparency to Product Management decisions"

What do you like best?

Aha is great for showing the decisions made in the Product Management cycle in a way that is easy to understand for those (internal and external) that are not directly involved in Product Management. It also provides tools that allow other stakeholders in the Product Management process (that are not Product Managers) to be involved in the process with very little additional training while adding additional layers of discipline around the Product Management process.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the complexity of your product and your client base it can take some significant effort to get everything set up.

Making the Product Management process more transparent and facilitating greater participation from clients and other stakeholders in the process while adding discipline around the submissions.

"Good but not great. "

What do you like best?

It’s nice to have a tool focused on PMs. The majority of my career I’ve managed requirements in an excel sheet. I like how easy and flexible it is to create and manage requirements as welll as collect ideas from customers.

What do you dislike?

It’s very difficult (at least with how we have it implemented) to manage epics across multiple quarters. We need to place the epic in the delivery column for the quarter it will GA but then you lose the view of the ongoing work in the current quarter. Would be nice to let these features span across.

Typical product management challenges. Managing requirements and feature requests. It’s helped us to have a central location for planning and prioritizing.

Aha! review by User

"Great tool for product marketers and managers alike "

What do you like best?

Aha! is great in that it provides Gantt charts and Kanban boards for all of our product releases. With the ability to filter by project team, release, or feature/function, there multiple ways to stay on top of to-dos.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike with Aha! It's intuitive and straightforward, and let's you filter by the views/dashboards that work best for you. In some areas, I'd like to see reporting done differently, but that's minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth evaluating if you're a product marketer or product manager.

Currently using Aha! to manage product releases on a quarterly basis. The benefits are better project management and alignment across teams. Everyone is able to see what's being worked on, and the email reminders help keep everyone on-task.

Aha! review by User in Internet

"good system for managing a lot of people"

What do you like best?

It is easy to see what still needs to be done and I can prioritize. I can also see what my team members still need to do which makes it easier to jump in and help out.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features because I think originally it was made for developers. We want to use it because it is a good tool, but maybe offer an option that is more simplified or be able to hide the tabs you don't want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that it was originally made for developers and so is a little difficult to get to use if you are not tech-savvy.

Benefits are that I can easily prioritize my work and see exactly what I still need to do.

Aha! review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Scratching the Surface"

What do you like best?

Aha has the power and flexibility we need to run a sophisticated product management practice and package up visibility to that practice for internal and external stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

Because it's so powerful and flexible there's a lot to learn and not every screen is simple or easy to use. There's certainly a learning curve to make the most of Aha!.

We need to manage a roadmap of product enhancements and initiatives, track each initiative through its lifecycle and provide visibility to internal and external stakeholders regarding the progress of each one. So far we've made some progress recording our product initiatives in the system, but we've not yet transitioned to managing our daily work there yet. Once we do, we'll work to create notebooks from those screens and begin using it as a communication mechanism.

Aha! review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Aha! generally usable, but lacks a streamlined interface"

What do you like best?

Aha! is extremely functional. It works. It gets the job done. And it is really useful for Product Management teams to help streamline initiatives, features, and ideas. The 2x2 grid is helpful for aligning on tshirt sizes and prioritization needs. Overall, it's efficient.

What do you dislike?

Aha!'s interface can be tedious to navigate and is often disappointing, especially when developers and PM's are working in it- we're used to things working more seamlessly. While the interface itself is tired and nothing exciting, again, it's fully functional for a PM team's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for navigating the muddy waters of product management. It allows you to share an idea portal with our entire company as well, offering transparency company-wide.

We use it to prioritize and categorize Product initiatives and features to later be deployed to engineering.

Aha! review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"A good tool for building your product roadmap"

What do you like best?

I like the roadmap view you can share with others - it's nice that you are able to select which product features to include in this view and which to leave out.

I also like the auto-push feature to JIRA, this comes in handy and engineering can choose to just look at the JIRA for the spec instead of two different places.

What do you dislike?

I find it confusing the way it's organized, with different sections and sub-sections. There is a steep learning curve but with frequent use it becomes easier to navigate.

I also don't like how you cannot link a product feature to multiple initiatives, I believe it currently just allows you to assign it to a single initiative.

I would love if Aha! included an integration with Balsamiq, as this is the tool we are currently using for creating wireframes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Steep learning curve, but great as a visual roadmap tool

- Very easy to move features between different releases (drag and drop)

- JIRA auto-push is a very helpful feature

- Does not have an integration with Balsamiq

- Cannot link features to multiple initiatives

Trying to improve the way we organize and plan our product roadmap. We were previously using Confluence for this, but it was a very manual process and there was no easy clean way to view the entire roadmap in one view. This is a lot easier with Aha! where you can see the roadmap, divided by each product and the features within each product.

Aha! review by Benjamin M B.
Benjamin M B.

"With CA Agile integration, Release and Feature Management truly single platform"

What do you like best?

I love the integration to CA Agile so every story i write ransitions seemlessly

What do you dislike?

I wish the parking lot interface was cleaner for how it showed the list of full items. You have to scroll down to find everything, with lots of wasted real estate.

We use this to be the basis of the agile process with which we attempt to solve via the means of software development. It has centralized our product and release planning and sped our delivery of key concepts to development and user teams.

Aha! review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Terrible Customer Support and Integration model"

What do you like best?

We like how the tool visualizes releases and features. When it worked it significantly improved cross-team communication and feature prioritization.

What do you dislike?

Aha's customer support is terrible I'm afraid. Every e-mail is with a different person, they are slow to respond, often do not have details shared previously with other people, and are unwilling to get on the phone long enough to actually solve a problem.

The integration between Aha! and JIRA is particularly terrible. It worked for us for a while but then we were encouraged to move to their newest version of the integration and it has since been non-functional for the past 3 months. No one at Aha! has been able to help resolve it and it appears that even if it worked, a key feature (displaying story points in Aha!) has been removed from the integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not integrate it with JIRA unless you absolutely have to and be prepared for customer support to be slow and uninterested in really helping you.

When it worked, our product owner was able to lay out several releases of features for our business sponsors to see in a format friendly to non-technical people.

Aha! review by Spencer K.
Spencer K.

"Love Aha - has helped us bring the eng-buisness team gap"

What do you like best?

Fully features, high level management. We use this for company strat, all the way down to feature planning.

My favorite feature is the ideas portal, where users submit bugs or feature requests. It gives them great visibility into my work as a PM, and allows me a clear line of communication as to where we stand on a new feature

What do you dislike?

Not much - honestly it is a great product. There is a learning cure like Jira because they are both feature rich products, but overall I love Aha.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will probably like it

Biz - Eng communication. High level planning. Sprint Planning.

Ties together your high level goals to your initiatives, which flows down into your sprints and then into your features. Love how everything is connected through the software.

Aha! review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"Software for the Savvy Product Marketer"

What do you like best?

I really like the way Aha simplifies and consolidates our strategic planning process for product management and product marketing. I can track and share information on dozens of competitors and have great visibility into our roadmap without getting buried in the details.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a little more flexibility to customize the competitor research section, but overall the app is great.

Our Product team wanted to improve communication within our group and across the company. Aha allows us to get a consolidated view of product strategy across the company and dive deep into specific details when needed.

Aha! review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Aha! is great for engineers/product managers/analysts and good/okay for other teams as well."

What do you like best?

As a customer service agent, Aha! has been vital in submitting customer insights and suggestions for product improvements to the proper channels. We also use Aha! for any internal or external dev requests, ranging from account issues to site problems. What's best about Aha! is its versatility and the fact we can use it for many different operations all on the same platform. Notifications on updates happen in real time and I can unsubscribe from any updates that are no longer relevant to me or my team.

What do you dislike?

I have not found Aha! to be the most user-friendly platform as a non-engineer. The layout does not always feel intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run your business primarily online and want a single platform for a variety of uses, Aha! is probably the way to go. I personally do not use it as in-depth as our engineering teams, but this is my opinion thus far.

We are constantly working to improve customers satisfaction while maintaining customer acquisition, retention, cost savings and ARPU. Being able to prioritize ideas and plans based on these four areas is immensely helpful cross-teams.

Aha! review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Aha is hands down the best Product Management tool out there"

What do you like best?

The comprehensiveness of its feature set. You can use Aha to document product strategy and business goals, feature and initiative roadmaps, capture and assess ideas, and produce reports and presentations. The integration with JIRA is superb. You can send your features to JIRA, they go through the development workflow, and when they are shipped they update in Aha.

Aha is clearly a product designed and built from a complete understanding of what product managers want to do and should be doing, and it helps propel a product manager towards the latter. It actually makes you better at your job.

What do you dislike?

The ability of the admin (me) to specify the views that reviewers and viewers have access to is good but could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set it up properly and understand it. You will be well rewarded.

The holy grail of any product design is effortless onboarding, almost sleepwalking through core loops of the product, and reaching a useful and active state without any discernible effort. This is hard to achieve, and impossible with something as complex as Aha. So be alert, be mindful, dedicate 4 uninterrupted hours to learning and setting up Aha. It will be worth it, trust me.

Aha is all of our Product Management processes, tools and documentation in a box. It seems robust and comprehensive enough, without being inflexible, so we can use it to run our desired processes, rather than shoe-horning our processes into the tool. Maybe we are just lucky that our structure maps to Aha's structure, but I doubt it. This seems like a really well thought out piece of software.

Administrator in Internet

"Only useful if you have highest permission level"

What do you like best?

Aha is customizable, but that is also its greatest weakness. If you have simple and regular workflows that can be easily broken down into structured deliverables, then this product might work for you.

What do you dislike?

We moved to this product from Trello, and it has been a difficult transition. Only one or two individuals in our company have the highest permission levels which are necessary to manage our team's unique workflows, which include projects with a series of steps that need to be transitioned to "Done" upon their completion. As such, I can only actually transition roughly 80% of steps within each project to "Done", then I need to ask an individual to transition the other steps for me (which is ridiculously annoying and time-consuming). Additionally, we now use the system to manage quite of bit of communication between the various teams in our company, but it is difficult to tag other users within the system when commenting, and some messaging requires logging into a separate portal. Altogether the system is trying to do way too much, and ends up being unable to do anything well. The team at Aha needs to seriously refocus its efforts on doing one thing well, like Trello does with its card-based project management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I mean, if you like to make more work for yourself, then by all means go right ahead. If you want to reduce the amount of work you have to do on a daily basis, try a different product.

I haven't really realized any benefits. What work used to take an hour by using a combination of google docs and Trello now takes a minimum of two hours in this system.

Aha! review by Nathaniel C.
Nathaniel C.

"Aha! is hands-down the most versatile roadmap and idea management platform I've used"

What do you like best?

Customization

Aha lets you customize everything in their application, from changing in-app terminology to adding a slew of custom fields. It's versatility has been the best thing about it. I'm literally able to create any view I need to create.

Views

Aha recognizes that a product manager's primary duty is communication. I love that I'm able to create an unlimited number of views that I can custom tailor to my audience. It has significantly reduced the number of questions I get. I can't understate this enough. Any tool that gives you time is worth your investment. Aha gives me time. It helps me do more with less.

Integration

Aha's JIRA integration is elegant and effortless. It syncs both ways, supports custom fields, everything I could want.

Notebooks

I love that I'm able to embed notebooks. That allows us to iframe our roadmaps and other info into our intranet. This is really huge for us.

What do you dislike?

Notebooks

Some of the reports you can generate are really cool, but there's this weird title page that appears on every one. You can't disable it, and that can be kind of annoying. The nav (backward/forward) is also really subtle (at the bottom of the screen). It still throws me off, and I'm used to it. The combination of a subtle nav and big white title page that might make people think the report failed to load.

Project Planning

The milestones and dates are great, but they end up being inaccurate because they don't seem to skip weekends. It throws everything off. I'd love to be able to sync this with Smartsheet, or even replace Smartsheet, but I'm not able to at this time.

Adding Columns

As I mentioned earlier, you can create any view you like. Aha used to have a really simple way of adding columns. They recently enhanced it to support more complex views, but the new column sorter is bulky and tedious. It's not the end of the world, but it has made modifying grids much more difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to every page and look around. There's a lot you can do. If you don't use everything, that's okay. We don't use every feature, and we're still really happy with the product.

At first, we purchased Aha as a means of organizing all of our feature requests we were getting. It exceeded our expectations in that category. As we became more and more comfortable with the product, we've used it for other things. We recently began working on a massive project with hundreds of moving parts (literally). I needed a way to track them individually, and generate views that I could easily share across all internal teams. I was so successful in doing this, that Aha has become the go-to tool for all pre-dev planning. We do all of our planning and estimating in Aha, and when work is ready to start we push it to Jira.

"Product Roadmap Marketing"

What do you like best?

It his been great for outlining how and where we should be focusing from a product perspective. The Competitive Section tools has been very helpful as we track several key competitors in the space

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the design of the reports within the notebooks

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial and make sure it fits your needs. The solution does not work well for all departments within our company as we had originally hoped, however it is a good fit for marketing and upper management.

The strategy section has been very helpful in keeping the team aware of different competitors in the space along with any changes in focus to our go to market strategy.

We are clearly road mpaping key product initiatives to communicate to new and existing clients.

Aha! review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Aha! allows us to plan, track and communicate our corporate strategy through our product roadmap."

What do you like best?

Aha! allows us to easily track features and releases against our top-level corporate objectives. Additionally, we can easily communicate our plans for both internal and external audiences with both objective-based and timeline-based perspectives. The integration with Jira means there's less manual work for me to do to keep things updated and communicate the plan.

What do you dislike?

The per-seat cost is pretty high, so we don't have as many people using Aha! as I would like. The read-only role is nice, but most people end up just going to Jira instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage multiple product or product lines that are technical in nature (hosted software, etc) and you follow agile development and planning principles you should definitely consider Aha!.

Internal and external communication of our roadmap is very flexible. Many times I've been asked "We need to present our X month product roadmap for ABC to customer XYZ with details on features 1, 2 and 3." This could have taken days previously, but with the content already in Aha! and the flexible reporting options I can now do it in less than an hour.

I get to focus in Aha! planning releases, writing user stories and expanding on requirements without having to get into the weeds of scheduling and assignment. All of that stuff flows seamlessly to Jira for our agile development planning and then updates come right back to Aha!.

Aha! review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Visual Project Collaboration to Reflect Planning and Scoping"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the easy drag-and-drop functionality, enabling me to move cards around easily and seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get an overview of some of the advanced functionality and customization without needing an admin account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate an entire project or client's worth of work to maximize potential and see its capabilities. I would also suggest checking out their roadmap flow and reporting.

Aha! helps us plan for new projects, scope them out, and send to JIRA once we're ready to prioritize them in the next sprint.

Aha! review by User in Internet

"Haven't found something better"

What do you like best?

It is highly customizable so you can remove things that don't make sense, set up links and special fields.

What do you dislike?

Looks really ugly, unintuitive (reminds me of visual basic!). Unclear what are hit targets - I've clicked on what I swear are the same things and nothing happens sometimes and other times a screen slides out. I have ended up on screens I did not expect to end up on, even after making that mistake multiple times previously. I tried the Jira link on an existing issue and it kept overwriting my changes (switching out epics).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a try when there are a lot of business owners that like to know what's happening.

We're hoping this allows business owners from outside the product/dev teams to get a sense of all the things we're working on. I feel like this could be accomplished using other tools as well though. Our team is currently on a trial but will be going to paid.

Aha! review by Dylan S.
Dylan S.

"Easy to See What's Coming Next"

What do you like best?

The up-voting system makes it very easy to tell what topics are trending and what's most important to the company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the numerous categories can become confusing, but it may just be a reflection of the company-specific designations we have internally.

A great way to keep track of feature requests, helps a lot with organization.

Aha! review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Use aha to manage projects and project tasks"

What do you like best?

I like how it has a full project flow from idea suggestion, acceptance to completion with the ability have comments and file uploads.

What do you dislike?

Big projects broken down into smaller features is not as seamless as it could be. Having a project that is made up of smaller features with a roadmap available for each project would seem to make more sense. Use of aha was not as intuitive as I would have hoped. Adjusting points, logging time and reminders for unshipped projects and deadlines was not as smooth and automated as I would have hoped. We duplicate use of tags for people to do assignments so the feature board can be visually viewed by who it is assigned to.

Idea submission, sprint planning and progress tracking

Aha! review by Lisa N. K.
Lisa N. K.

"Product Management"

What do you like best?

I like the purpose of the tool, for managing projects for a product. I like the ability to look at other products within my company.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not always intuitive. It sometimes takes me several minutes to add something new for the first time. It should be easier. I really wish I could link an Aha task with a FogBugz case that is logged in FogBugz. This is a MAJOR shortcoming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial project before you bring others onboard

product management coordination

Aha! review by User in Internet

"Frustrating beyond belief to navigate"

What do you like best?

There is nothing I like. Perhaps the ability to organize projects and have a roadmap for when tasks will be completed, but honestly a google doc would be better.

What do you dislike?

It is impossible to navigate and to communicate with other members of your team on Aha! I can't tag members of various teams in posts (perhaps I don't have sufficient privileges?). We have been using Aha! for about 3 months now and I still can't figure out where the information I need to access is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get it. You may need a couple different softwares but it is better than one big mess.

I haven't realized any benefits, only more issues. Aha! was supposed to be one place where all the various teams of our company could post problems that needed to be fixed, upcoming releases we would be having, and a general roadmap for the year. I can't easily see all this stuff and the layout is terrible.

Aha! review by Katie S.
Katie S.

"We use Aha! to organize ideas and stories before we put them into Jira for our Dev teams to work on"

What do you like best?

Aha! allows multiple projects and collaborators to act on and organize ideas to get them ready to be put into Jira. It also has Jira integrations which make it really easy to transfer stories to our dev teams.

What do you dislike?

It is not always 100% intuitive. There's a learning curve. It does a lot, but you have to spend some time figuring it out before you can use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time learning what all Aha! does. Implement slowly so you don't have to redo any setup once you learn how you're going to use it.

Aha! allows us to keep track of all the ideas that come in from customers, sales, support, etc. We can then organize and prioritize those into a manageable format and get them in front of developers without overwhelming them.

Aha! review by G2 Crowd User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
G2 Crowd User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Makes project planning so easy"

What do you like best?

I like how Aha! integrates well with our existing Jira and since we moved to Agile, its a perfect match for Aha.

I love the ability to set milestones and epics and see in Aha how long to market release and how we can move features out or in to the milestone and automatically see the release date updated.

Lots of reports and graphs to visualize the project and makes project status presentations so easy.

What do you dislike?

There a learning curve to get over and we made a few setup mistakes which in hindsight could have been easily avoided had we not jumped in and tried Aha! out immediately without reading all the documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Aha! if you already are using Agile and Jira. Makes planning so easy.

We were looking for a way to easily do project planning and managing which features need to go to the product and at what stage should they go in. Aha! makes planning so much easier as everything is now automatically calculated for you and saves alot of time in making reports. The team is also now able to see how the feature they are working on impacts the deadline.

Aha! review by Jake M.
Jake M.

"Best PM tool we've tried – UI is lacking"

What do you like best?

The feature and release flow works pretty well, flexible workflows.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a big clunky. Notifications are Off or On, so my not many features for engineering managers like velocity or burn down charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aha has lots of reporting features and is a great fit for Product Managers, although they don't have great tools for developers that over PM tools have.

It's enabled our agile process and has improved cross-team communication.

Aha! review by User in Computer Software

"Great way to share ideas with a larger group"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily share your Aha! idea with others to get votes or just get your idea in front of people. The interface is also very easy to use and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Our team could leverage this tool better with taking the ideas and putting them to use.

Easy platform for our team to share the enhancement requests from current clients and also things that we see ourselves using our own solution.

Aha! review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Aha! The map of our future release"

What do you like best?

As a developper, I like to get a quick views of what the other teams are working on and what are my planned tasks for the future. With other products, I didn't have this insight on the future release of our product. Also, I like to see, without reloading, the changes that other people make to the features & tasks.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes hard to get a shareable link that shows exactly what I want to another team member. Also I think that the new feature "popup" are intrusive and breaks the layout when I close them.

We uses some other product internally to track our developers tasks, but we wanted to have an overview of the future releases for our clients that was more high level. As time move forward, we add more details to those features. It's easier to get an overview of the upcoming features

Aha! review by Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.

"Love it! Can't wait for the added project management and capacity planning features!"

What do you like best?

Easy lightweight UI to create cards as tasks and assign tasks to people. Pretty easy to pick up from a usability perspective. easy to categorize and re-categorize work.

What do you dislike?

not enough capacity planning for when too much work is assigned to one individual. Not easy to create project plans when you need to show Mgmt the effort involved in a given task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you need to organize and prioritize the work load for a large group of people.

Manage work requests for development team. Manage analysis requests for an analyst team. Organize and manage priorities for feature improvements that come from many different folks in the organization.

Aha! review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Aha! is super powerful, which can be indimitating for new users"

What do you like best?

Slick interface, ability to vote on ideas, the different views are useful depending on which piece of the business we are looking at (i.e. browse vs workflow)

What do you dislike?

No mobile app; the complexity makes onboarding new users difficult -- we only use a small portion of the overall functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aha is a powerful tool, but may be too powerful for many use cases. Don't see much incremental benefit from Aha over freemium tools such as Trello.

Trying to create visibility among teams as to what is being worked on and the level of effort for those projects, holding teams accountable.

Aha! review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Good for roadmap tracking"

What do you like best?

I like the management of roadmap, features, and releases. I share out different views of the roadmap to various departments. And I like connecting roadmap items to key company goals. Ideas portal is nice, but we haven't fully launched it.

What do you dislike?

There are some quarky things about the product functionality. Product is a little pricey.

Ability to manage and visualize roadmap

Administrator in Internet

"Great for gettign to grips with your backlog"

What do you like best?

I like the fact we can get our backlog items in one place including the ability to have an integrated ideas portal.

What do you dislike?

If you have a large backlog and you're not on top of your scoring in can be unwieldy moving items around.

Roadmapping functions could be easier

Having a single source for our backlog

User ideas portal

"Unintuitive and Ugly"

What do you like best?

Aha gives users the ability to made roadmaps and views to layout an entire project or team goals. It also provides steps that can be checked off and completed as they're finished. Users can also assign their self or teammates on steps or projects.

What do you dislike?

The whole product is super unintuitive. It looks like it was designed in 1999. I know most users of the product will probably be dev or product teams, but for non developers or product managers, the tool is pretty awful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a day or two to familiarize yourself with the navigation of Aha. Figure out what you want and need to get out of the product before implementing it. If not, it can feel like a hassle and a black hole.

Organizing and tracking team contributions and roadmapping upcoming projects.

Aha! review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Extremely useful for product managers"

What do you like best?

Aha packs a punch. Right from collaboration to product road mapping to designing wireframes, it does it all.

What do you dislike?

I think the user-experience can be a bettered.

1. Product Roadmapping

2. Collaboration

3. Cross-team communication

4. Project Management

5. All product ideas in one place

Aha! review by User in Internet

"A project management tool that tries to do everything, but succeeds at very little"

What do you like best?

Aha offers a ton of tools for creating, assigning, managing, and getting an overview of projects & their tasks. If you don't like one way it presents that information, you're sure to find a couple of different views that might give you what you want.

I was not using the high-level project timeline and overview pages, but they seemed like they could be helpful for someone who's overviewing multiple teams.

Their support team was very responsive, but did tend to ignore some problems even when presented with a solution and offers to work with them.

What do you dislike?

All of the tools it does offer are cluttered, over-complicated, and half-baked. There's not a good way to keep your focus to a single project (Referred to as a "release" in Aha!). You're either in the board that shows all of the features (What Aha! calls the top-level tasks in a release) for all of your releases, in the detailed view for 1 release which removes functionality like reordering priority, or you're on their attempt at a Kanban board which shows everything for all members, even ones who have no part in the current release you're looking at. With a team of ~30 members, having a board that shows 30 people for a project of 3 is just untenable.

Aha also doesn't seem to take a stance on how its features should be used. A "release" is comprised of "features", which can have attached the them "requirements" and "to-dos". Requirements MUST live on features, but to-dos can live outside of features. Todos and requirements have different fields which I always find myself wanting a combination of the two. And given all this, Aha offers no suggestion of how you should be structuring your projects. This caused every project in my organization to be managed in a different way, often leading to ignoring either todos, requirements, or both.

They also charge per user based on that user's permissions. We work in a very flat organization where everyone tends to have complete control, but because Aha gets costly when everyone's an admin, we had to bottleneck our flow to a few people who had full control.

For the usability issues, I resorted to writing a chrome extension to try and help people out on my team. You can find it here, though I've ceased development since we have stopped using Aha https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hgohigknlcabobkokchfabjikhjhklgm/publish-accepted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using it and see if it makes sense to you. But don't try to force yourself to work in its ecosystem, if it's not working, it probably won't get better.

We're a product team that splits of developers and designers in to small teams to complete features for our product. These teams usually consist of 2-4 people in a team of ~30. Aha was good for keeping us all in the same system, but it was a complete mess within each team's organization of the individual projects.

"Overall Solid Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you can segment boards so that each user can see their own projects. This makes it easy to share only information that is relevant to each user.

The reports allow you to filter the tables (much like a pivot table in Excel). This makes it easy to report on the status of each project and see exactly what stage each project is in.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to segment the data further and quickly change ownership of certain projects.

We have the ability to schedule and track multiple projects at the same time. Additionally, we can create separate views for the end users to allow them to stay focused on their projects. Management can then see an overall view to get a sense of where each project stands.

Aha! review by Evandro S.
Evandro S.

"Good tool for roadmap"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and a great visualization of the product roadmap

What do you dislike?

Cost per user who can update information is to high

Planning my year and review quarterly using aha

Administrator in Internet

"A sturdy project management tool"

What do you like best?

Aha is a great tool for roadmapping. It allows you to define your features at a low level, as well as map them onto a high level view. This is very useful, and having both those views in the same place is valuable because it means that we don't have to manage multiple tool sets.

What do you dislike?

Even though they have a nice design, sometimes the interface seems clunky or unresponsive. They do not have a mobile app or mobile friendly site either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aha is build by product managers, for product managers, and it shows. I would recommend using their free trial to get started.

Aha lets us create a visual roadmap, and share it with others in our organization. Their sharing feature lets you share views of your timelines via a pdf or an external link.

Aha! review by User in Computer Software

"Easier than MS Project!"

What do you like best?

Clean look and navigation is somewhat intuitive

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of navigation and drill through seem tedious

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your and make sure it works for you and your team

Collaboration on product management projects and tasks. It has been helpful in presenting roadmaps and timelines

Aha! review by Harriet D.
Harriet D.

"Set up can be timely but time can be gained back later"

What do you like best?

You can have different portals for ideas which can allow people to either log or log, view and vote for features

What do you dislike?

The initial set up but the support team were extremely helpful and provided a one on one session to help

Roadmap management

Aha! review by User in Computer Software

"Rarely use this system, but I suspect we could be using it much more for strategic activity."

What do you like best?

I like the concept that pre-sales and product could be collaborating on what we hear from the market; however, we just don't have a good process in place that is followed.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have an easy way to submit market requests or feedback and have a trackable dashboard and collaborative features. Perhaps tied into Slack?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without process and training, we haven't gotten much value from my point of view.

Ability to log feature requests we are hearing from prospects and clients.

Aha! review by User

"A great tool for Product managers to manage multiple offerings by one enterprise"

What do you like best?

Simple User Interface with ability to quickly define hills and link them to Market priorities

What do you dislike?

The reporting module is not intuitive and not flexible enough to define the desired custom report

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the features and the workflows well before you start entering the data.

We are trying to give a unified view of the roadmap of all the offerings across the business unit to all the Offering managers and executives

"Not the most intuitive"

What do you like best?

Aha was the way our teammates who dealt with clients would communicate ticket requests and bugs to the dev team internally. It was the only way we could get requests into their workflow.

What do you dislike?

The system itself was pretty complicated for non dev people and cumbersome to work through. Becuase of this, most colleagues would revert to email or Slack for these requests to avoid Aha.

Internal communications + triaging of dev and support requests.

Aha! review by User in Computer Software

"Aha as idea management for product enhancements"

What do you like best?

It's easy to enter ideas , view other's ideas, vote on ideas, and collaborate using comments

What do you dislike?

The searching functionality could be improved.

Idea management, specifically relating to product enhancement features.

Aha! review by Lawrence L.
Lawrence L.

"Greate integration"

What do you like best?

I like that aha! provides very good integration with Jira and the rest of our systems. It allows us the whole team to track feature requests in a sane way.

What do you dislike?

The name is rather confusing at first and not obvious but after that intital hump and you have that Aha! moment it really works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a system that works choose Aha!

Integrating data from different sources to plan features.

Aha! review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Allows us to easily collaborate and keep stakeholders updated on our roadmap.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything at this time.

Software development and strategy

Aha! review by Internal Consultant in Cosmetics
Internal Consultant in Cosmetics

"Aha! is a very comprehensive product that allows us visibility into the importance of our products."

What do you like best?

I love that is it a place that both the business and IT can work together, increase transparency, and collaboration. It is the perfect place to also management intake and map strategy from products all the way up to the company goals and intiatives.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had better integration to TFS and Visual Studio.

Intake of new features to global products.

Aha! review by User in Internet

"Still not sure how we used this"

What do you like best?

It had some functionality that we were able to use but not much

What do you dislike?

There was a lot to dislike here unfortunatley. We did not stick around long enough to see if there was improved features or functionality

None. This caused more headaches than anything else

Aha! review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Aha!'s roadmap visualizations are really fantastic!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the Integration with Jira, BitBucket, Google Apps, and Slack.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the User Interface is sometimes rather complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company/user should begin using Aha! right now. This is a great product and I cannot imagine product management without it.

Aha helps with project visualization and flow. It allows for easy tracking of issues as well as planning for the project.

Learning about Aha!?

* We monitor all Aha! reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.