Ahrefs

Work for Ahrefs?

Learning about Ahrefs?

Ahrefs Reviews

Showing 138 Ahrefs reviews
Ahrefs review by Bogdan D.
Bogdan D.

"Ahrefs is exactly what our "SEO game" was lacking!"

What do you like best?

This is my favorite marketing tool! I like Ahrefs because it allows me to track backlinks and keywords for our niche. Since we're creating software, there are quite a few competitors that we have. And thanks to Ahrefs, I'm able to see what the competition is doing which allows us to improve what we are lacking SEO-wise.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside I think is the inaccurate keyword volume sometimes. Previously, I was only using Google's keyword planner and it gave us more precise volumes. I guess it's easier for Google since it's their own tool and they can give better numbers. This confuses us because in Ahrefs we may see potential in various keywords but in the long run, after our articles are published – the traffic is not what we expect sometimes. Though, it's accurate enough for the most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're okay with the pricing they offer – Ahrefs is the perfect solution for any content creators out there. You are able to step up your SEO game with data on number of backlinks as well as info on that particular site. But before you start using Ahrefs, try out what Google already offers first, maybe it will be enough for you in the beginning.

We are getting quality data for keywords, competition and using their backlink checker – we get an idea on what websites link to our competitors and what we should focus on. We use Ahrefs for all of our SEO needs.

Biggest benefit I find is that rich data we can get for content creation. It definitely pays off!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ahrefs
Ahrefs review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Easy-to-use tool for improving SEO"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is an easy way to get an overall picture of our ranking, backlinks, and organic traffic. And as a small company looking to drive brand awareness through search, their keyword exploration tools are essential to our SEO strategy. It's also a pretty straightforward tool to use, so can you jump right in and get a lot of benefits straight away.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t always a lot of data on niche keywords, which makes it difficult to optimize for SEO when writing articles for very specific audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a zillion SEO tools available — we use Ahrefs in conjunction with a couple of other tools. Consider whether Ahrefs satisfies all your SEO needs or if you need to supplement with another tool.

Ahrefs is our go-to tool for making our content highly visible, so we can significantly grow our organic traffic and attract the right prospects.

What SEO solution do you use?

Ahrefs review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Step Up Your SEO Game x10 with Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

From the new Keyword explorer to Rank tracker – Ahrefs is definitely an essential service for our marketing strategy. Our organic traffic depends on our brand and SEO presence. With Ahrefs we were able to track down the backlinks our competitors have and aim into the proper internet space.

Here's our situation – we sell software for Mac and Windows. The problem we solve with our software is directed at those who have a pain and search for a solution to this pain on Google. Long story short – SEO is the weapon we use to help our target audience find our products.

We've made a big chunk of articles that target particular keywords. In this articles, we provide tutorials on how to solve a particular problem that users were having after they typed it in their search engine. And this is where Ahrefs comes in.

We can analyze our competitors and analyze the keywords we already use to get new ideas for articles, including long tail keywords. This results in us getting more traffic, more installs and more sales.

Totally recommend it!!

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't like is that Ahrefs sometimes does not provide exact keyword search volume. Instead – it provides approximate numbers which confuses us in cases when we think a keyword should get more traffic that it actually does once the SEO content is published. To get the most up to date and exact numbers, you'd better off use Google's keyword planner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few other options, so it's best if you take a look at other Ahrefs competitors to make sure it fits your exact needs. For us, the price point wasn't always satisfying, but once we saw good results – it made it totally worth it.

Ahrefs provides solutions to the problems related with SEO ranking and backlink generation. It's a must-have tool if you are serious about having your content at the top of search results.

Ahrefs review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Data-filled and indepth backlink analysis tool"

What do you like best?

The index is huge and always has plenty of info, even for smaller, less known sites. There's always backlink info.

Shows date gained, dates lost, etc. Shows broken backlinks.

Great ability to view gained/lost links for specific periods of time, specific days, etc. Makes it very easy to analyze your sites or your competitors' sites.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Very happy with this overall. There's so much info and capabilities that I would say it can be a tad confusing. But they have a great collection of how-to videos that will pretty much solve that!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the "broken backlink" section. Utilize the ability to isolate lost and gained links by date. Let's say you have drops around October. You could go to right before that and specifically isolate good links lost or bad links gained, etc. They also have a good amount of helpful online resources for learning how to use the tool. Great graphs show overall trends for linking domains or linking pages. Check out the ability to sort by AHREFS' quality statistics to help analyze quality/low quality links.

Ability to analyze competitor backlinks. Ability to analyze your site's backlinks. I've realized the benefit of finding broken backlinks to handle those and re-capture those links.

Ahrefs review by Nate H.
Nate H.

"The best link analysis tool in the game"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs boasts the best link database among any system out there. It does most everything -- link monitoring, alerts, calculated metrics, the richest clickstream blend out there, and much more. Its UI is cluttered in a good way and the company has quick and polite support. And Tim Soulo -- the public face of Ahrefs -- has done a ton of good for the SEO community.

What do you dislike?

On-site analysis just doesn't work via a SaaS UI in my point of view. Ahrefs can't yet hold a candle to the rote power and customizability of Screaming Frog or Sitebulb when it comes to drawing metrics from source code.

As my consultancy grew, price no longer became an issue with Ahrefs -- but I do understand why many solo practitioners find it steep.

The support for technical SEO metrics are nigh non-existent, and there are no "spam score" analyses, which is a big way that competitors still beat Ahrefs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the UI and export tools well.

Most of my SEO research starts with Ahrefs. My subscription more than pays itself off every month.

Ahrefs review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Great complement to Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this product is to use. You can easily check out competitive sites and get quite a bit of info on what they're doing and even where they're spending money. I like their UR and DR ratings and check them monthly for a handful of sites.

What do you dislike?

Even though we're on a paid package, we have to 'upgrade' to see things like links 20-39 of our top link backs. We're paying around $100/month, I think, so only showing us a section of data, for that price, is not cool.

We want to monitor our competitors and figure out which sites and pages are linking back to us and which ones are helping us, and hurting us.

Ahrefs review by Jeff J.
Jeff J.

"My Go To Tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of SEO tools out there and many of them are exceptionally competitive but AHrefs is always my go-to tool when I'm not using more than one.

One of the things that AHrefs is best at is helping with a content marketing strategy. Though it's best known as a backlink index (which it's great at and I'll get into that), coming up with good content ideas is one of the things I get the most use out of it with using the content explorer. I find articles that do well for the topics I want to target and it's clear what already resonates with your audience which is powerful.

The backlink index is one of the best too though at the time of writing, Moz has just improved their index. Regardless of index size, which theirs is large enough, the type of data they provide is the most useful. The broken links data is probably the most useful that isn't easily matched by other tools. Additionally, going back to the content explorer, you can find unlinked mentions, a feature that appears to have been removed in Moz's "new" tool (I may just not be able to find it).

The rest of the tools are generally matched by other competitors to some degree though, in general, AHrefs understands what you intend to do with that data and presents the most useful information first.

What do you dislike?

The only feature that seems to "lag" compared to it's competitors is their site audit tool. This only launched a few months ago but in my experience experimenting with this tool, it's not the most effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is probably the best tool for content marketing, link building, and third party keyword research. If your primary concern is tracking technical errors this tool is alright but probably not the best

I'm the biggest AHref's proponent in my agency, we do use the other tools but the biggest benefit that we get is more accurate data to cross-reference with other SEO tools.

Ahrefs review by Sanjit M.
Sanjit M.

"Best backlink tracker software on the market!"

What do you like best?

It is the best backlink analyzer tool on the market. You can track your backlik profile, check our your competitors, and also get email links when you or your competitor gets links.

Also when rankings drop or improve you can get email updates too. A must have for for every SEO expert.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not beautified as other tools. This is more of a no bells and whistle tool, but provide great data points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add another layer with a dashboard for rank tracking, so this could be the one and only software fro SEO strategists, or even in house SEO teams.

Gaining a competitive landscape of the search market for companies. It helps dig deeper when building strategies than just doing SEO blindly.

Ahrefs review by Mitch L.
Mitch L.

"Best All Around SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

Of the three popular backlink reporting tools (Majestic, Moz, Ahrefs), Ahrefs provides the most useful link data. Even in other areas of SEO, Ahrefs seems to always keep their toolsets fresh. They continually add in useful tools and features that make other software suites less relevant. The most recent addition is their site audit tool which provides a beautiful visualization of technical site issues.

The tool I like best within Ahrefs is the content explorer. It provides quick analysis of relevant and popular content for your topic of choice. I primarily use it to determine what kind of content will perform well in social and SEO.

What do you dislike?

When I had their lite plan, I ran into the problem of having to spread SEO research over a few days because of the daily limits. It would have been useful to have an aggregate monthly limit since I don't do SEO research more than once per month. This was easily solved by upgrading to a higher plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs updates and adds to their arsenal of tools constantly. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for an alternative "all in one" SEO toolset if enterprise tools become too costly for their organization.

Ahrefs paired with ScreamingFrog and a few other tools provides for most of the data that SEO needs to do a great job. Switching to smaller but more focused tools like these has allowed us to save on costs for enterprise tools.

Ahrefs review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"Makes competitor research a breeze"

What do you like best?

Their site explorer feature is just amazing for competitor research. Doesn't matter if it's a page or the entire domain, you just put the URL and it gives you their organic keywords and backlinks in a jiffy.

Their content explorer is also one fine feature for content/influencer research. The filters to refine the results come in really handy.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike but I think their keyword explorer can get a bit better if it can provide some more keyword ideas based on a seed keyword.

Getting started with keyword research and backlinking gets difficult for agencies since our clients belong to various industries/domains. Ahrefs has helped us in kickstarting these two things for any client as soon as they sign up.

Ahrefs review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Great tool for SEO research!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use Ahrefs to track our backlinks, referrals and those of our competitors' websites. I used this tool for link building to boost our search engine optimization and found it incredibly useful - allowing me to see which sites were linking to our competitors and then approaching those sites to links for our website.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more features were available with the free version. There is very little your can do without upgrading to a paid service, and the fees are fairly high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to review the paid plans to determine whether you need to upgrade from the free version. If you're doing very simple SEO research, the free version may be sufficient.

We are using Ahrefs primarily for link building and search engine optimization research. The site has allowed us to review the backlinks and referrals that our competitors get, which has informed our own link building work.

Ahrefs review by George A.
George A.

"SEO metrics for serious professionals"

What do you like best?

Everything. Seriously.

BACKLINKS--Ahrefs is the king of backlinks.

KEYWORDS--Ahrefs has a great sense of related keywords. I find it more helpful than the same feature in Moz.

RANKINGS--Ahrefs excels at this, too.

What do you dislike?

This is honestly very difficult to answer. One thing that comes to mind--I've had difficulty figuring out where in the interface to manage my email preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself some time to learn the interface if you're new to it. It's more analytical and detailed than Moz.

Also, make sure you continue to learn and educate yourself on SEO concepts generally as you learn the software. The more you know, the more the interface will make sense.

Ahrefs allows us to stay on top of our rankings. It also helps us to discover new opportunities and spot issues immediately through a weekly review of Ahrefs. It helps us track our backlink profile. It also helps us spy on our competitors from an SEO perspective. High value all around.

Ahrefs review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"How Ahrefs helped me tracked my backlinks and helped me know what my competitors are doing"

What do you like best?

The thing that I liked the best about Ahrefs is that it contains a huge database of backlinks when I've checked my own website and my competitor's websites. This has allowed me to dig deeper and find out their exact linkbuilding and SEO strategies. Ahref contains a lot of tools and features that will make the life of an SEO professional or webmaster who wants more search engine traffic a lot easier. One of these features is the batch analysis feature. Basically, instead of entering your competitor's backlinks one at a time you could actually enter it once. This allows you to quickly check on the SEO metrics for a lot of competitor URLs in just one click.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about Ahrefs is that it takes a little bit of time to learn and use. There's a fairly good amount of learning curve for using Ahrefs. You'll also need to understand what each of the metrics meant in order for you to analyze these metrics properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs is one of the most powerful backlink checking tools to date. It's definitely a worthy arsenal in your internet marketing toolset.

As a professional blogger, I've always struggled with getting more traffic to my own websites and the websites that I handle. And one of the strategies that I routinely use is search engine optimization. SEO or Search engine optimization involves a lot of things. While On Page SEO is mostly done on the website, the OFF Page stuff is mostly done outside of your website. Ahrefs has helped me do a lot of the Off page stuff like analyzing what are my competitor's SEO strategies, what are their backlinks, where are they getting them. I've also used Ahrefs to find out my competitor's content strategy because I could easily check what are the content and pages that are getting the most shares and backlinks on their website.

Ahrefs review by Roman Y.
Roman Y.

"Swiss army knife for SEO specialist"

What do you like best?

- Afrefs Rating is a reliable tool to compare websites

- Backlinks. Provides thousand backlinks of websites, even low quality and hard to find ones. Also you can search for referred domains and group backlinks to related domains and have easy-to-use list of backlinks from one domain

- PPC. Provides PPC ads texts, keywords of your campaigns and your competitors. Also you can unhide list of the most valuable landings of your competitors.

- Organic keywords and movements. It's easy to track how your website gets new organic keywords and track how you strategy effects on rankings. Also you can track the same way your competitors.

- Pages. You can understand what pages on your or your competitor website are most valuable and have link growth.

- Keywords explorer. Great tool to create semantics core. You can choose one or two basic keywords and get hundreds of keywords ideas and similar keywords and also get their frequency.

What do you dislike?

- Price. It's very limited in basic functionality.

- Can't tell aproximate budget of your cometitor's PPC budget

- History of rankings. If you want to track how your project growing according to some keywords, it's not so easy to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool that can definitely provide everything it's stated. Starting from thousands of backlinks and unhiding websittes SEO strategies

We use this tool to analyze how our SEO strategies work with our projects. Also we track competitor's backlinks, PPC campaign and get semantics from them, also it's great to have history of competitors growth. Also Ahrefs has great tool Keyword Explorer to create semantics core for new projects.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I have yet to see anything better than Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Ahrefs is that they have several different tools that are must-haves for SEOs, all in one place. If you need to do keyword research, they have it right there. If you need to do backlink analysis, it's right there too. Having everything together is a lifesaver.

What do you dislike?

I think that their price is a little high, and even though they have a lot of features, not everybody uses them. I really wish they would offer their keyword research tool as a standalone service for a reduced price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time and familiarize yourself with all that they offer - there's a lot of stuff.

I'm improving my website's SEO. I'm also getting some content ideas from their research tools. Plus, I have their alerts set up to let me know whenever my name is mentioned throughout the web. It's like Google Alerts, but much more thorough.

Ahrefs review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"I feel like I'm cheating, but I really am falling in love...."

What do you like best?

As a long time Moz user and I might even say a super fan of their product, it feels really odd to be writing a review of Ahrefs. But here we go--I love Ahrefs. The design, the UI, the gigantic keyword database and now the newly redesign site audit are a thing of beauty. I continue to be impressed by the data they provide, features that are added frequently and my favorite feature has to be the top pages report. (Not sure why I love that so much--but it just makes it extremely simple to research a site or competitor with that report.)

What do you dislike?

Keyword Explorer.... there is nothing wrong with it, I just find the Moz Keyword Explorer (despite having a smaller database) to be easier and faster to use. Otherwise, I really don't have any complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs might be slightly pricey, but overall I feel it worth the money! If you are an advanced SEO user looking for one software suite, then I feel this is an excellent choice. If you are a beginner--I would recommend Moz. If you have money to spend--get both products. (That is what I do!)

SEO! No seriously--that is all I personally do and being able to use Ahrefs to track keyword rankings, research sites/competitors and now audit sites not only saves me time but helps me to complete my job at a higher level!

Ahrefs review by Vicky J.
Vicky J.

"Best Tool To Improve Your Organic Search Rankings & Traffic"

What do you like best?

1. Getting instant access to the competitor's data on a broad level.

2. Helpful in creating a go to plan for content outreach

3. Best for Backlink analysis

What do you dislike?

1. Too much data metrics - unable to understand

2. The UX & UI need to be simplified - complex dashboard

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to kick start with your inbound marketing campaigns.

Mainly using Ahrefs to improve our inbound marketing efforts. Helping us in competitive analysis. We have been able to take decision on the basis Ahrefs data to increase our overall organic traffic and ranking.

Ahrefs review by Vivek K.
Vivek K.

"The Most Exhaustive Keyword Research Tool "

What do you like best?

Keyword explorer, which was released few weeks back is one of the most exhaustive tools that we have see off late. Keyword Ideas, Phrase Match and KD help content marketers to align their content marketing efforts with organic search trends. Apart from that from an on page point of view, the tool gives everything that modern age webmaster need to track their overall performance.

What do you dislike?

The Ahref rank seems like an abstract concept. The tool itself was under development for quiet some time and that was exactly when we had purchased it as well. Some of the metrics like KD are available basis cache only and not updated frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyword Explorer and Rank Tracker are two amazing features that help Ahrefs stand out. Apart from that the product is backed by some great content in terms of how to start cracking traffic and opportunity. Must try

We use Ahrefs heavily for our content planning and marketing activities. Ahrefs also supports multiple languages ensuring that marketers can also plan their localization efforts and create their strategy for international SEO.

Ahrefs review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"The Insights We Need to Out-Link the Competition"

What do you like best?

We love the Intersecting Link Opportunity report, which helps us plan our link-earning strategy based on the semantic Web and relevancy. There really isn't a better way of finding industry websites to market with that could result in organic link wins. Our team has been using Ahrefs for as long as we can remember, mainly because it offers a higher volume of discovered links when weighed against similar tools.

We also really enjoy New and Lost link insights, which allow us to monitor negative SEO behavior and see what the competition is up to in near-real-time.

What do you dislike?

The Intersecting Link Opportunity report we love could offer an automatic version that takes into account the top 20 listings for a given keyword phrase, saving the researcher copy/paste time and having to run multiple requests. Their Most Popular Content list is definitely helpful, but doesn't give us the semantic relevancy we get from the intersecting report.

Highlighting unlinked domains is fantastic, but completely useless without the ability to export and exclude highlighted opportunities. They really need to fix that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find a better a better link research tool than Ahrefs. It complements Buzzstream and other link building CRM software extremely well.

Google cares about Content first and Links second when it comes to how it ranks a page within it's results. This tool allows us to see where competing domains are earning links and insights into the specific content that attracts links for the competition. This insights assist us in creating an actionable strategy for our clients using a CRM such as Buzzstream to import data into.

Ahrefs review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"High quality keyword data and analysis"

What do you like best?

We recently switched over to Ahrefs from Moz. Perhaps the greatest (and my favorite) aspect of Ahrefs is with the Link Intersect tool, which lets you compare backlink profiles of your websites with other competitors, to see where they have been getting backlinks. In addition, their tools for collecting keyword data are top quality as well.

What do you dislike?

While not an absolutely necessary feature, Ahrefs does not have an on-page grader tool like Moz. This is a tool I would recommend for more advanced SEO practitioners who are comfortable sorting through a lot of data.

Discovering competitive backlink opportunities has been a great boon to help our clients strengthen their overall SEO.

Ahrefs review by Shaurya J.
Shaurya J.

"Beast of a Tool"

What do you like best?

The tool has everything. Rank tracking, site audit, link research etc. And all the tools inside ahrefs are really powerful unlike ahrefs' competitors which add new tools for new tools sake.

I particularly like the backlink research feature as ahrefs lets you slice and dice the data in many ways.

What do you dislike?

I don't the limits they have placed. They should increase the limits a bit.

The number one problem It solves is finding backlink opportunities for my clients which is vital to any SEO campaign.

Ahrefs review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Most advanced SEO tool on the market"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs accuracy is amazing. It is incredible how much data you can pull from other websites. My team and I use Ahrefs all the time to ensure our content is primed for Google rankings and traffic. Without it, we'd be lost in what content we should write and what keywords we should target.

But I'd also go as far to say that we are constantly learning new things about Ahrefs and what it can do. So much to this tool, it is absolutely incredible.

I'm also a really big fan of their blog. They've got some incredible information there and worth checking out.

What do you dislike?

While Ahrefs can do a LOT, their tutorials and training on how to use it is lacking. I wish they'd have a full free course on everything Ahrefs can do. This would have helped my team do a much better job from the beginning and become more comfortable with it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to figure out everything Ahrefs can do. You'd be surprised with how much they offer.

Ahrefs helps us to figure out what keywords to target, what content to write and what backlinks to go after so that we can beat our competitors, raise our rankings on Google and dominate our industry. Thanks to Ahrefs we now get over 100K visitors per month and were able to do that in just over a year.

Ahrefs review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"Nothing comes close for backlink work."

What do you like best?

The library and crawl index for Ahrefs is unparalleled. If you need to know competitive landscape and build backlinks, there is not another player in this space. moz, etc doesn't come anywhere close. they do alright in other factors, but purely from a research and backlink profile perspective Ahrefs is the leader without competition. Comparison features and backlink tracking are indispensable. Good to help with estimation of traffic on potential client's websites. You can go to the table in a client meeting better prepared. This along with SEO powersuite makes a good package.

What do you dislike?

They know they can charge a hefty fee, so they do. If I could do without their service, I would, but nothing that "competes" with this can come close to the depth of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do the trial, along with several other trials. You can definitively rule out 90% of these softwares/interfaces if they are side by side with Ahrefs. I believe Ahrefs will rise to the top when placed alongside the others.

need for competitor research; finding opportunities for backlinks; tracking campaigns and seeing long-term value associated with the work we are doing on SEO.

Ahrefs review by Gustavo B.
Gustavo B.

"Best tool to Linkbuilding and Competitor Analysis"

What do you like best?

-Large database of links

-SERP Analysis

-Updated information

-Rank tracker

-Large amount of organic traffic information like organic keywords, competitors, content gap

-Good information about paid search

What do you dislike?

-No integration with APIS

-The rank tracker doesn't allow tracking separated subfolders (like domain.com/subfolder/)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best linkbuilding tool and the best to analyze competitors

In the agency we used SearchMetrics to analyze Off-Site data but it didn't throw us any relevant data. With AHREFs we were not only able to analyze the sites of the clients but also the sites of their competitors.

With the tool we were able to extract concrete data from links and organic traffic.

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"A powerful and all-in-one content marketing and SERP tracking tool"

What do you like best?

There is so much to like. Ahrefs is the best backlink management and monitoring tool I've ever used. It finds more backlinks quicker than any other backlink tracking tool, as well as a great option to attack and monitor competitors backlinks.

Backlink acquisition is also made easy by Ahrefs content explorer that makes tools like BuzzSumo of no use to me. I can monitoring new brand mentions, mentions of competitors, and new content with a specific keyword.

It's keyword tracking is amazing, as well as the SERP management and monitoring. You get a great view of the entire site, subdomains and even specific URLs.

Content marketers also no longer need to use Adwords for their keyword planning! Ahrefs has a great keyword planning system that is super helpful to come up with new ideas for content.

What do you dislike?

Expensive.

Like all backlink monitors, it doesn't pick up anywhere near all backlinks and is slow to pick up new backlinks. However, all backlink tools have this same problem and Ahrefs is the best of those tools. One of my biggest gripes is that Ahrefs drops backlinks and count them as a lost domain, but after looking into the dropped campaigns you find that a majority of them are still there and Ahrefs dropped them from your backlink profile for an unknown reason.

I monitor a ton of keywords, so the rank tracker tool is kind of a cluttered, useless too for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first few days may have a tough learning curve, but don't give up! Explore all the different features of the tool.

Backlink monitoring and building, keyword planning, SERP management and monitoring.

Ahrefs review by Mark C.
Mark C.

"Search marketing multitool, good depth of index, regularly adds new features"

What do you like best?

It finds more links than similar tools, and provides tools to help explore them. Provides access to deep information on competitor sites. Regularly adds new features to help marketers explore their link profile; one example being separating out "Live" and "Fresh" index so you can find recent but non current links.

What do you dislike?

A little expensive. Support responses can be slow. Interface can be rather confusing although they recently improved it a lot (see above re: regular updates). I couldn't get the Chrome Extension to work in any of my installations of Chrome, so I still use competitor toolbars in my browser. You can't ever change your login email address thanks to the billing system, so choose carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to spend your life spelling it to finance / procurement, etc, or debating its pronunciation with colleagues. And you will find helpful how-to videos not only from Ahrefs' YouTube channel, but also third parties such as Authority Hacker.

Provides a way to track the effect of link building activity and demonstrate the impact on search traffic. Excellent for competitor analysis. Helps with researching what content to produce, which competitors are gaining in search and why, which keywords your site could realistically aim to rank for, and gives you enough information to plan how to do it.

Ahrefs review by Jovan M.
Jovan M.

"Most powerful SEO tool "

What do you like best?

Ahrefs data turned SEO game to the next level. Using content explorer you can find a lot of fresh data and useful content. Backlink tracker work almost perfectly. Beside tool which is better from day to day, is you are new in this game Ahrefs team shares very useful information on their blog and Facebook group. Well done!

What do you dislike?

Recently they announce new rank tracker limitations, but this is not crucial.

In depth backlink analysis, finding new and qualified prospects.

Ahrefs review by Nikola J.
Nikola J.

"The tool that stole the show among SEO tools."

What do you like best?

I like how Ahrefs keeps improving fast and seem to be truly adamant about being THE tool for SEO.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that keyword positions still aren't as precise as SEMRush reports them, but that could for whatever reason be only my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the free 14-day trial and test if it covers your needs.

We have solved the need of buying 2-4 separate SEO tools and switched to Ahrefs for almost all of the projects our agency is currently running. The clients like it too, as the UI is simpler than most others.

Ahrefs review by User

"Keywords super useful"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Ahrefs is the keywords explorer section. I use this constantly when trying to rank pages/products higher and general optimization. It is also nice to see how we compare to competitors in Ahrefs rank, backlinks, and keyword rank.

What do you dislike?

I think they could add a couple other sections to the keywords explorer tab, or have better explanations for how they have that part sorted for easier use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Ahrefs to any company looking to rank their site/products higher.

Any marketing professional understands keywords affect rank and rank is everything. If a customer is unable to find your site/products they won't ever use your business.

Ahrefs review by Dustin W. S.
Dustin W. S.

"Amazing SEO tool"

What do you like best?

The amount of data that Ahrefs provides is staggering. There's more information I am able to get out of it than I will ever be able to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's so complex that it's intimidating. However, it is the easiest to use out of all the SEO tools I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read through their vast amounts of case studies and blog posts. So useful!

Getting a snapshot of my websites search ranking and performance. The benefits are that I'm able to see where I'm winning and where I'm falling short.

Ahrefs review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wouldn't be able to do SEO without Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

I love Ahref's backlink archive. I honestly think it's the best and most accurate in the business at giving you the backlink profile of a website. Yes, better than Moz and SEMRush.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the UR and DR metrics for I sometimes feel like they aren't accurate. I have yet to see very much consistency from these 2 metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take advantage of this tool for its backlink data, and its ability to analyze the content's performance of a website in the Top Pages section.

Ahrefs provides tremendous opportunity to help you in your quest to acquire backlinks, whether it may be for yourself or for a client website. It helps by telling you who, when, and where all the backlinks are coming from on almost any given website.

Ahrefs review by Joey L.
Joey L.

"I don’t know how anyone in digital marketing does it without Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

The features of Ahrefs are practically endless. It’s one of the few softwares I truly use each and everyday and it’s so incredibly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the buttons/ fields are not the easiest to follow and the side bar could have different labels. Always forget where certain things are hidden

One of the best features I use is the backlink profile. I always see who my competitors are linking too and what is a popular topic to discuss.

Ahrefs review by Eean O.
Eean O.

"Once an industry leader, now using backhand techniques to rip off loyal users."

What do you like best?

Their search data and models are super accurate for identifying real world consequences of link building. Very high accuracy on a number of terms.

What do you dislike?

They've gutted their rank tracking system. Legacy customers who have been with the company for years were reduced from updates every day to updates every FIVE days. Unusable anymore. I may completely leave their platform and I will never recommend the service to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look to SEMrush or Moz.com. Ahrefs has become low quality.

We WERE previously using ranktracking and analysis tools to effectively measure campaigns and identifying which experiments were working and not, but the platform is now useless for this.

Ahrefs review by Matthew C. E.
Matthew C. E.

"Ahrefs quickly replaced Moz and Open Site Explorer"

What do you like best?

What can you say about a tool that so intuitively reaches into the depths of the internet to show you every link, every share, and every tweet pointing to the site you are researching. I always joke that you can't hide something from an SEO and it's these tools that make that possible.

Can't say enough nice things about Ahrefs, it quickly became our one stop tool.

What do you dislike?

I wish when you went to the Ahrefs homepage that it let you do the Site Explorer thing instead of trying to get you to setup one of their campaigns, I usually just want to glance at the data quickly, and having to click over to explorer is just one extra step - that is a nitpick, but it's something I deal with on every use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it - it's a slam dunk, it's easy and you'll have more data than you'll ever use.

It gives us access to the data we need to quickly figure out how much competition a competitor has for our clients, and compare that to find out how much work we'll have to do and how much time we'll have to spend on the clients site/backlinks.

Ahrefs review by Carlton R. S.
Carlton R. S.

"A completely necessary tool for an SEO professional"

What do you like best?

The Domain Health overview is fantastic for finding out if a website has toxic links in its profile. Ahrefs also has many features that go well beyond just links -- a list of critical issues such as missing or duplicate meta tags, broken internal links, and broken back links.

What do you dislike?

There's seriously not much to dislike, but the rank tracking functionality is pretty decent -- I like the fact that it has keyword suggestions with search volume and traffic, however, once you try to add the keywords to the tracker, I had it error out a couple of times and had to re-do my selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for at least three months. It takes continual use to discovering the best features the product has to offer.

Ahrefs is one of the first tools I use to asses a new or potential client. If they have low-quality back links, this tool with tell me. I can then schedule link detox as one of the first parts of the strategy.

"My go-to SEO tool"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pinpoint one specific thing that I like about Ahrefs. I mean not only does the product do a deep dive into everything SEO, but the blog is one of the most educational blogs out there.

What do you dislike?

It's not cheap, and the amount of features of the cheapest level is pretty restricted. The real power of the platform opened up to me when I upgraded and got more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a newbie to SEO, Ahrefs can not only help you, but also educate you. Do consider getting more than just the cheapest plan, as it gives you access to much more features that a lot of your competitors may forget.

Everything SEO. Ahrefs tells us what keywords we rank for, where they rank, and a huge amount of information about backlinks and referring domains. It's helped us grow organic traffic and create the content funnel that turns into sales.

Ahrefs review by Thiago P.
Thiago P.

"The best link building tool in the market"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs is the best link building tool in the market. I really like it. I have tested many tools but none gets closer to the amount of accurate data Ahrefs provides.

Their system is really quick to pick new links gained as well as links from 301 redirects. Combining Ahrefs data with Google Webmasters Tools is the best way to do a proper link audit.

The way they present the data is easy to digest and the most important part; you can export pretty much anything from it.

Besides the links, Ahrefs also provide useful information about the social media presence.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Ahrefs does not show new links right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good link audit tool. Probably the best.

Ahrefs is the main tool I use for link audit for my clients. It gives all the information I need to make a decision if I should drop a link and also if I should make a move and try to get one of the competitors links.

Ahrefs review by Sonu C.
Sonu C.

"Best For Tracking Keyword and backlink"

What do you like best?

Easy to track organic keyword and competitor back-link. Site audit and content planning can easily done using Ahrefs.

What do you dislike?

If you want track more organic keyword than you need to upgrade your pack,which is costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I do.

using Ahref, I can easily track my website organic keyword and ranking in google and also analysis my competitor back-link.

Ahrefs review by Samantha M.
Samantha M.

"Love the features - especially new/lost referring domains"

What do you like best?

I like the new/lost domains and links. I use the lost links and domains report to follow up with prospects in hopes to renew the link on the site. 9/10 times this works to re-acquire a decent link back to my client's sites.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to send alerts for lost links in real time. I also feel that the link intersect could be a bit more detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent go-to source for link data. Use in conjunction with Majestic and Search Console, and you're set.

Re-upping lost links, link building, potential content ideas for new pieces in the pipeline.

Ahrefs review by Randy D.
Randy D.

"Great Product for Link Analisys but Pricey"

What do you like best?

ahrefs does a great job of showing both social and backlinks. You can get a free trial and a few limited features work on the free plan.

Only the free plan you can only see the top 5 links on a single site but you can still see the summary of your links - domain health, URL rating, backlinks, referring domains, organic keywords, and ip. You can drill down into all these.

You can track 5 keywords and get a ranking report every week.

The full blown version offers much more

What do you dislike?

ahrefs is pricier at $99/month than Majestic's Silver Quarterly Plan ($50/month - regular price is $79/month) and about the same as Moz Pro ($99/month) . They know they are good so no budget prices fro them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you can afford a link analysis tool, you must consider ahrefs.

Like all SEO companies we strive to get links for our clients' websites and ourselves.

If we had the budget we would definitely want a subscription to ahrefs as well as Majestic, Moz Pro, and Buzzsumo to name a few. Since we are not a big company with deep pockets we try to get as much as possible out of teh free versions of the tools.

Ahrefs review by Nikhil D.
Nikhil D.

"Helps in Seo services, comparison with compitator site or keyword planning"

What do you like best?

Helps to get comparison with compitator site... Or geve us information how to improve our SEO

What do you dislike?

Everything is good, only it take time to get result... If we see overall then it is very useful

I always use this tool to start SEO for any project. Becouse the first step of seo is analysis the site. This is the most useful software to analyse your site with compitator site. You can analyse with this software how many backlinks your compitator have, which keywords he use... Everything you can fing easily with this software.

Ahrefs review by User

"Absolute game changer on the market"

What do you like best?

As a relatively newbie to marketing industry i quickly got aquainted with the interface and abilities of this great service. It realy gives a feeling of a product made for user not for market. Great blog with usefull reviews and advices.

What do you dislike?

The information provided in this service is slightly different from what you see in google search console, but the service is regularly updated and becomes more and more functional

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you find something cheaper I would still recomend you to try this one out. You'll change your mind!

I'm using this service to build up my marketing strategy, monitor progress and research on competitors activity.

Ahrefs review by JC M.
JC M.

"Best Product For Building Links"

What do you like best?

I love that you can track hundreds of keywords with their most basic plan. You have the ability to learn what's working and create new systems with their product.

What do you dislike?

I wish more options were available for the basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this product first

Growing my domain authority and obtaining linkbacks. I have been able to find opportunities for new links that most people pass up.

Ahrefs review by Ramanan S.
Ramanan S.

"Ahrefs is one of the finest keyword analysis tools that we have ever used "

What do you like best?

The way Ahrefs categorises and offers the results based on keywords and funnels chosen is simply great and amazingly useful

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little more user friendly and intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your choice is for a tool that lets you analyse and optimise keywords, look no further.

We are optimising on our SEO and at the same time regularising our SEM spends based on everyday keyword analysis vis-à-vis competition.

Ahrefs review by Vivek S.
Vivek S.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Apart from letting you keep a track on almost all the metrics that impacts website SEO, it allows me to set alerts for backlinks (new and lost), referring domains, product mentions and of course the keyword performance.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to label keywords that are being tracked. When you have multiple content strategies running as the same time, the keyword labels (and label groups in general) let you keep clear on what's working.

Giving insights regarding our website SEO and in fact our competitor's SEO, it is helping us in setting some realistic goals.

Ahrefs review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Easy to Track lots of Keywords plus tools"

What do you like best?

The easy interface for tracking many keywords, as I didn't have minimums.

What do you dislike?

The graphs seem to be the inverse of what you'd expect the y-axis to be. So, as a rank improves, the graph goes down instead of up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully consider any keyword tracking limits and set up lists to group your keywords. We didn't have any keyword limits, so this software was a great tool for both historical rankings as well as a good backup in case other enterprise software hiccuped.

Tracking our rankings, plus other useful tools. Knowing which keywords and page combinations are working best and resulting in better traffic.

Ahrefs review by Utkarsh P.
Utkarsh P.

"Great tool and great customer support"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs is a robust platform with all kinds of datum you may need. I got to them through a blog-post which detailed "keyword research". I liked the details and tried a weekly subscription. It is fairly simple on UI. Also, their customer success team rocks. refunded some extra charges made by mistake straightaway..no questions asked..ill keep buying

What do you dislike?

That there are 2-3 competing products and I shall have to be spoilt for choices..for now its Ahrefs conclusively though..:)

keywords research, SERP analysis, backlink analysis, SEO generally

Ahrefs review by Rose W.
Rose W.

"Useful, but site is incredibly slow"

What do you like best?

This site offers a lot when it comes to SEO. It's like a one stop shop for finding great keywords and backlinks.

What do you dislike?

The site is SO slow. It makes my work take twice as long to complete.

It helps my company complete all we need to do in one location.

Ahrefs review by Zachary J.
Zachary J.

"A lite-weight tool for technical SEO monitoring analytics "

What do you like best?

When we were just beginning to make SEO analytics part of our weekly content meeting, Ahref was a fast informative tool. The keyword watching process was quick and meaningful. The alerts and reports lists are easy to export and send to the team for repairs. We've kept on using it for its backlink report, even after primarily switching to other tools

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools felt lightweight even when we started. Graphical comparisons of competitors can't be done, and overall the app doesn't feel like an operational dashboard. Also, there lo long-timescale for data trends. You can only see the most recent change. That just doesn't compare with tools like SEM Rush. Another feature that really felt missing was the ability to label keywords we are watching. This simple addition let's you switch 'views' of your site's data. When you have multiple content strategies running as the same time, the keyword labels (and label groups in general) let you keep clear on what's working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If SEO analytics seems overwhelming to you, start with this tool.

We have a large content development operation, for which we need to monitor the performance of various strategies. This is for news, reviews, advice, and related information about financial products.

Ahrefs review by Jeremy R.
Jeremy R.

"Taking link data further"

What do you like best?

In depth link data available alongside historical organic ranking data and keyword research tools. It's pretty easy to get the job done here without jumping to another tool for something.

What do you dislike?

The reporting capabilities are a little lacking in shareable reporting - you can export CSV data all day, but I really would like many of the dashboard reprots to be a sharable URL...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this over SEMrush, it's got as much data for kw research and blows their link data out of the water while also providing actual position tracking too.

I'm finding opportunities to build search rankings by identifying how their link profile has been weak, and analyzing competitors to find new link opportunities.

"Track backlinks easily"

What do you like best?

You can easily keep track of sites that have linked to your content and drill down to the specific URL where your link appears. You can also see when those links appeared and how authoritative each one is.

What do you dislike?

The organic and paid search estimators are inaccurate. The position heatmap is designed to give you an overview of rankings, but is nearly impossible to discern since it's a blur of colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs' core competency is measuring quantity and quality of backlinks. Do not use this tool if you're looking for it to work for rank traffic, traffic estimating, or competitor insights.

We want to see how well our content promotion efforts are working. By using ahrefs we can prove our value to clients by showing who is picking up our content and linking.

Ahrefs review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Ahrefs is everything."

What do you like best?

I love the freedom that I get with Ahrefs. I can use data to come up with my own SEO strategy, having very little SEO experience. I also love the Ahrefs community. Their Facebook group is AWESOME and Tim Soulo answers every question that anyone has. Support and communication is excellent, and the tools is always getting new features. I am a loyal Ahrefs user.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I honestly love everything about this company and tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the free trial. You'll see just how much data is at your fingertips.

SEO, SEM, content building/writing, link building, keyword optimization.

Ahrefs review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Ahrefs: The SEO Profile Mecca"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs provides the best graphically-pleasing trends. It makes a high-level snapshot easy to absorb and quickly helps the user determine site history. It's also great for sending quick analyses to execs when you don't have the time to compile a more robust audit.

What do you dislike?

As with any backlink reports, I have found some inconsistency in link numbers. Ahrefs tends to be fairly consistent, but I always double-check with other sources.

That being said, I typically rely on the Ahrefs linking domains (instead of referring links #s) profile since that has more business use for me.

When acquiring new sites and initiating competitor research, I ALWAYS look to Ahrefs for a quick analysis. It makes my life as an SEO Analyst much easier and helps me determine when if/when social (top content) starts playing into site rankings.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid Tool for Link Building"

What do you like best?

Great catalogue of competitors' back links and linking opportunities for your site. Ahrefs also has great customer support--Someone will get back to you in an hour or so to answer any questions you might have. The pricing is also reasonable for the industry.

What do you dislike?

If you don't pay for the premium packages, you can't really access most of the software. For us (small company), the link intersect tool is nearly useless because we need to upgrade to see nearly all of the results. We were upgraded to the "middle" package when they increased their prices last year, but it still feels as though we're missing out on a lot of the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you invest any time in link building, this is a good tool.

This has allowed us to repaid broken links, find good opportunities and domains to connect with, and analyze what strategies our competitors are using. It's also good for generating new ideas for content. For example, you can see what content is receiving a lot of back links on your competitors' sites, which allows you to modify your own campaigns going forward.

Ahrefs review by Eli F.
Eli F.

"Great backlink software, and definitely the best priced"

What do you like best?

My company conducted an extenstive study of backlink software platforms to integrate into our platform, and Ahrefs quickly rose to the top of the heap, As heavy API users, we appreciate their easy to use interface and great pricing

What do you dislike?

Their dataset is not as powerful as MajesticSEO's, but the value is way better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great piece of software, at a great price, that provides incredible data.

We don't collect our own backlink data; we just analyze that data and integrate it into our software. We needed a powerful but not overly expensive solution to get backlink data at scale, and ahrefs provided that and more.

Ahrefs review by Joy H.
Joy H.

"Amazing tool for SEOs"

What do you like best?

I love the content explorer for seeing what content competitors are getting traction from and the content explorer is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I find the keyword volume is hard to analyze without the ability to drill down to a city level because my clients are all local.

Keeping track of new backlinks.

Ahrefs review by Ron G.
Ron G.

"A top marketing-industry tool"

What do you like best?

As a marketer it is very important to understand your audience and the audience insights provided by Ahrefs are some of the most trustworthy in the industry.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data isn't the most up to date, but that is somewhat splitting hairs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone in the marketing space can benefit from using Ahrefs. Even if it can't answer your specific question, it can definitely help you narrow it down with the abundance of tools.

We are trying to predict audience/consumer behavior. Ahrefs helps us better predict these behaviors.

Ahrefs review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Unrivalled backlink/search data analysis for website"

What do you like best?

Rank tracker, ability to analyse competitors content and prioritise keywords for SEO and SEM.

What do you dislike?

They don't allow public access to any parts of their API. Not even their own Ahref rank system! It's $500 for API access, even if you've got an advanced subscriptions. Bleh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are aspects that may not have an open history without API access - save your history from other products!

We're using it for everything from backlink, content and keywords analysis to using it to track the growth/success of competitors. Very versatile tool and it's data fidelity is excellent.

Ahrefs review by Curtis H.
Curtis H.

"Great set of keyword features and link monitoring, lacking SEO grader for 8 months."

What do you like best?

Keyword research tools are great for looking up competitor keywords and then finding opportunities with search volumes and competitiveness of the keywords.

What do you dislike?

The SEO grader which graded your site for technical SEO issues was taken offline sometime in the early fall of 2016. It's been about 8 months and it's still not back even though they were promising an upgrade would be done in a couple short months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to research links and competitors, this is a great tool. For on site technical SEO look elseware for now.

Tracking links and keywords for clients. Benefits just help me do reports and research easier.

Ahrefs review by User in Computer Software

"The best backlink tool on the market"

What do you like best?

I've used Ahrefs since it was first released. The team has done an amazing job of staying current with new updates in search and is constantly pushing the product in new and exciting directions. I am seriously a huge fan. It's a lot more than an SEO tool - it's a general purpose growth marketing tool that can help you a lot when it comes to putting together a marketing or PR strategy.

What do you dislike?

I would say that i don't always have confidence in their proprietary metrics like DR, but I mainly use them as a raw data source.

It's helped us put together pitch lists and come up with new ideas for our content marketing.

Ahrefs review by User in Computer Software

"Great product, great experience"

What do you like best?

I really like the power of the tool. It can handle all sorts of different measurements, helping you identify strengths and weaknesses of your website's SEO.

What do you dislike?

I pretty much like the whole package. If you are a beginner, you may struggle at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly consider Ahrefs. I have found it a lot easier to use than other SEO measurement tools.

We use Ahrefs to measure our SEO performance. It's a great tool that clearly identifies strengths and weaknesses.

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"great product I use daily"

What do you like best?

I use this as my daily workhorse while doing SEO/linkbuilding.

The results are quick and are pretty much exactly what I need to build quality links.

The quality and accuracy of the results seem to be the most accurate compared to other platforms.

What do you dislike?

The software will sometimes show too many 404 or non existing web page as results. I haven't been able to figure out how to remove them from the results since they are basically useless for what I use the program for. A simple button "remove dead pages from results" might be a great future upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for anyone who is looking to do quality white hat SEO

We are using the software to help us find quality sub pages on websites that are good candidates for link building.

Ahrefs review by Isaac A.
Isaac A.

"Love ahrefs"

What do you like best?

I like the way you can keep track of the links that point to your competitors websites and actually have weekly updates and export to CSV.

What do you dislike?

I didn't dig deep enough to dislike anything. This is the software that the biggest companies use for SEO and the best SEO freelancers. It should be a reason for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about SEO, you should go for Ahrefs

You can keep track of what your competitors do, the content they generate, the backlinks they have, how they change over time, from where they come. Is the most complete solution I have come across.

Ahrefs review by Dimitr K.
Dimitr K.

"Absolutely pleased"

What do you like best?

Customer care and loyalty nourishment. Great attitude and community building!

What do you dislike?

The pros are more than the cons here and I would not complain, to be honest.

I am using Ahrefs in one too many ways! It's an awesome tool.

Ahrefs review by Gurbir S.
Gurbir S.

"You are losing if you aren't using Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

No other tool comes close to the quality of competitor analysis offered by Ahrefs. Simply the best backlink analysis tool in the market.

What do you dislike?

The Rank Tracker. I have had it give a few inaccurate results at times, but it could easily be due to Google's personalization.

Building backlinks isn't an easy job. With Ahrefs, I can see what my competitors are doing to get their backlinks and whether I can replicate those for my benefit.

Ahrefs review by Ben L.
Ben L.

"Best SEO tool"

What do you like best?

Dashboard is incredibly intuitive and easy to set up. Keyword tracking works very well, the alerts are always informative and valuable.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit expensive, it's a fantastic product but I wish they had a cheaper version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best!

Following our search engine optimization progress. Without ahrefs we would have no guidance on what to invest in. This gives us very informative ideas of what to invest to improve our SEO.

Ahrefs review by Himanshu S.
Himanshu S.

"Your Website Doctor"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs with its content explorer, site explorer and keyword explorer options gives you an easy way to figure out errors and optimize your website. The best part about the tool is its backlink profile which is 95% accurate as compared to other tools in the market.

What do you dislike?

The cost per month for the tool is on the higher side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best backlink profile available in the market till date.

Optimization of the website and improving the content helps in generating new leads and revenue for the business.

Ahrefs review by Ryan Paul S.
Ryan Paul S.

"Awesome "

What do you like best?

Love this product. So easy to use and support is great too.

What do you dislike?

Better export functionality needed and branded reports would be good too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and delve into the reporting side of things.

Backlink analysis and domain quality

Ahrefs review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"SEO made easy"

What do you like best?

Easy keyword research with specific keyword difficulty rating and monthly traffic information to inform SEO decisions.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a bit busy which can detract from what I mainly use the software for: SEO keyword research

Recommendations to others considering the product

A hrefs is indeed pretty expensive, but from my experience, it seems more intuitive and in-depth in keyword analytics than Google AdWords.

We're increasing organic traffic through informed keyword choices.

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"I love using this to track my rankings. Use it daily."

What do you like best?

Ahrefs makes it easy to track rankings on specific pages using their toolbar. Tracking organic keywords and top pages comes easily.

What do you dislike?

Looking for specific pages prompts the dashboard to always show first, which i find irritating. I wish that it would keep to the analytics I'm looking for when changing a URL.

Tracking organic keywords and ranking movements. I like that they send us daily emails with losses and gains on rankings and back links.

Ahrefs review by Piotr M.
Piotr M.

"My SEO partner"

What do you like best?

ahrefs is my the most important tool for links analytics, the most important activity in SEO strategy. Site explorer is nice tool for analytics website for links acquisition. I love a content explorer for a copyng a content strategy from competitors.

What do you dislike?

Price is too high, alerts are not very accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to creating your own inside SEO strategy software from this category will be needed thing

Analytics of your backlinks strategy

Analyse a competitor's SEO strategy

Finding a new places for links acquisition

Ahrefs review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Ahrefs Link Analysis Tool "

What do you like best?

The data ahrefs provides is extremely detailed, useful, and can be trusted. Also the user interface is easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

Ahrefs does provide access to a lot of data, but because of that it can be slow moving sometimes if you ask for too much data.

Ahrefs provides the ability to continually analyze a web properties backlink profile and it stores all of the information which makes reports easier and saves the time and space form not having to keep all the data on server.

Ahrefs review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Ahrefs is THE BEST"

What do you like best?

Nothing beats the backlink research on Ahrefs. The ability to find where literally all of the backlinks from a competitor is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve that can take some time to learn, but once you learn all you can do it’s a piece of cake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best SEO tool on the market

Competitor research and reverse engineering what my competitors are doing for SEO

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"Ahrefs is the Industry Standard for Backlink Analyzation"

What do you like best?

There's an extensive amount of easy user experience with this site. It doesn't take any kind of in depth training to get started.

What do you dislike?

Up to date information. Sometimes the information be it the page rank, domain rank, or backlinks don't match other pieces of software like Moz when analyzing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great bet to get started with backlink profile analyzation for both you and your competitors. This will take a lot of the guess work out when targeting your audience.

Back link profiles are the name of the game. Ahrefs allows me to take an in-depth look at not only my clients back link profile, but my competitors as well.

Ahrefs review by Kevin N.
Kevin N.

"Very strong software but could do with a ux upgrade"

What do you like best?

The software is extremely powerful where you are looking to keep an eye on your profile or do a full audit i can't recommend this software enough

What do you dislike?

The user experience is a bit dated and depending on what you use it for can be a bit of a pain in the a**. I can't recommend it highly enough and the main overview page removing the new and lost was a bit of a mistake. The old report was a lot better and useful but the added extras were very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

well yes and no to moving in the right direction because they are in the improvements they've made but there is a lot of stuff which has been removed/changed from previous reports which are now more difficult to understand like the overview graphs.

mainly backlink audits and backlink removals. This gives you endless data to be able to be as thorough as possible but also allows to monitor it as well because of how often the index is updated compared to other software.

Ahrefs review by Doug C.
Doug C.

"Ahrefs is my favorite backlink software"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs backlink index is the biggest out there. There is so much data that you can use to analyze client and as well competitor websites. You're able to compare anchor text, referring domains, authority of backlinks, what backlinks are new/lost, etc.

What do you dislike?

The amount of data that ahrefs provides is massive. This can be kind of overwhelming to new users of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs is the #1 software for analyzing backlink in my opinion. It's a product that an SEO professional should use on a daily basis.

I use ahrefs in powerpoint presentations for competitor analysis. We usually compare total referring domains and domain rank. It gives the client a high level overview on backlinks pointing to their site.

Ahrefs review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Great tool for link data"

What do you like best?

All the different link metrics available when identifying links found for specific domains or pages. Rating scores, domain scores, links in, links out, anchor, referring title, link pointing to, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered a feature I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best link gathering tool out there.

I use this at an agency to investigate clients back-link profiles to improve and optimize their SEO campaigns.

Ahrefs review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to find backlink from your competitor "

What do you like best?

Easy to add website link and in short time you will get all backlink of the website. You can also filter them the date and Domain authority vise. Easy to use for SEO Executive.

What do you dislike?

I don't think any point that I don't link Ahref. But If they add the category of keyword than easy to find target keyword.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add keyword analysis so easy to target and place right keyword.

Using Ahref, I can easily analysis my competitor backlink and traffic. It's easy to generate a link from there and rank my page.

Ahrefs review by Corey E.
Corey E.

"Ahrefs Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see several components of competitors backlinks - the actual backlinks, unlinked mentions, shared backlinks, etc.

What do you dislike?

The new format of the backlink research is a little confusing, the old format was much easier to use. Also, Ahrefs doesn't populate as quickly as other tools like GWT, for example, so you come across a lot of ghost links in your research.

Mostly for competitor research.

Ahrefs review by Conrad O.
Conrad O.

"The best link index you can buy "

What do you like best?

Great, fast link index that checks all the needed boxes for SEOs.

What do you dislike?

Catches a lot of crappy links that are lower quality. In a sense I want to know about them but not always sure. Their version of DA seems not as accurate in ranking predictions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research Majestic SEO, Moz and Ahrefs and pick best one for you.

Research backlinks to clients website.

"Amazing SEO software"

What do you like best?

All and all this is a fantastic piece of SEO software. The keyword search volume tool is fantastic and the ability to bulk upload URLs.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would like to see improved is the rank tracking part (which I know is in the works).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial prior to purchasing the software and also check out their training program.

Keyword research and competitive intelligence.

Ahrefs review by User in Tobacco
User in Tobacco

"Ahrefs is a useful SEO tool when looking for backlink profile"

What do you like best?

I like that the tool has a very useful historical look at your backlink profile. It allows you to track individual keywords matched to specific URL's. You can also look at specifc URL's and see how many and what backlinks you have with those pages specificly

What do you dislike?

I think that in some ways the dashboard views are a bit hard to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that this is not a all-in-one tool that will help you with all of your SEO needs.

We are using this tool in conjunction with some other SEO tools out in the market to check our backlink history, do keyword research and help build our SEO to improve in SERPS

"Such an awesome site"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this site offers a free version of there product. The free version is sufficient for most of my business needs, and most likely it will suffice for your needs as well. They provide links from other sites linking into a site you specifiy. The key in this is helping you to check out what backlinks your competitors are using, and potentially swoop in and get those links for your own site! This is such an important thing to have.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is the high price tag on the upgraded version of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it right away! This site can give you most of what you need with no cost, so try it today!

The problem is getting backlinks to my sites that I wouldn't have known about.

Ahrefs review by Administrator

"Perfect to audit your site and the competition "

What do you like best?

I like how accurate link and keyword tracking is. I also like how I can see the top performing pages of my completion so I can make better versions

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price jumps when you need more features

We can track multiple sites to see rank, links and much much more.

Ahrefs review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Powerful SEO tool"

What do you like best?

In-depth data and very user-friendly. Backlink data is truly superior.

What do you dislike?

Can't complain they have updated and produced features that have dominated competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow their blog to really understand their full features.

Need to find an SEO tool that would help find links and keep track of link portfolio.

Ahrefs review by Internal Consultant in Printing
Internal Consultant in Printing

"Spy on your competitors"

What do you like best?

I like the keyword summary and backlink summary tool showing competitors side by side; it helps my export and segmentation reports to look good.

What do you dislike?

The reporting user experience could be better. The reports look exactly like something you could get from the Google research tool. With a paid platform, I expect more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial with SpyFu and make sure this has what you're looking for.

Ahrefs is helping me discover backlink opportunities for multiple clients across multiple verticals, which helps with overall site ranking.

Ahrefs review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Excellent for tracking mentions"

What do you like best?

I use ahrefs pretty much every day to track new mentions of our product. It's awesome for seeing who is talking about us.

What do you dislike?

The jump from free to paid is pretty enormous. I think a more granular pricing model would make sense.

Tracking mentions of our product.

Ahrefs review by Brad Z.
Brad Z.

"The Cadillac of Link Profiling Tools"

What do you like best?

The UI is slick and the amount of data you get is unparalleled. It's also more intuitive than anything else out there. The in-app customer service is great too.

What do you dislike?

There are some metrics which some might find confusing and lead you to believe you lost links, but it may not be the case. Had to follow up with support to get a detailed explanation that the link was not lost, but dropped off of Ahref's index.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great out of the box!

Increasing the trust and awareness of our site by identifying linking sites and sites that might link to us.

Ahrefs review by Internal Consultant in Insurance
Internal Consultant in Insurance

"useful"

What do you like best?

I like how ahref is a tool to analyze websites and their backlinks. good for getting a general or detailed idea of how a website is performing

What do you dislike?

wish it was a little better to navigate, however it does provide good feedback and shows the information i am looking for

i am working on insurance agents websites and using ahref, I am able to solve issues regarding backlinks to see if they have any harmful links or also to see where there are potential good links to build on

Ahrefs review by Craig Z.
Craig Z.

"Go-To Backlink Tool"

What do you like best?

The new and lost backlink report is great. Showing you new and lost backlinks day-by-day and the information behind it really helps you understand how you're linking in real time. The granularity that you can achieve with Ahrefs reports is great, also. The high level overview data is great, but the way that Ahrefs allows you to drill down, you can find any kind of information you're looking for about your own domains, links, and competitors.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much to dislike about Ahrefs. If I had to pick one thing I would say that exporting data isn't as up-to-par as it could be, but that's only hindered by the amount of data that they provide. If you know what you're looking for you shouldn't have any problems with the tool. The interface makes it easy for beginners and advanced users, but I feel like there may be easier-to-use interfaces out there. However, it's not hard to figure out. Like I said, if you know what you're looking for this tool is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend trying out at least one other backlink research tool just to compare the power and ease of use to Ahrefs. Maybe this tool isn't for everyone but it's functionality and interface make it worthwhile to me.

If you took a dip in SEO rankings, it's easy to jump into Ahrefs and see if maybe an entire domain stopped linking to you or maybe if it's a link issue at all. The status of links and domains is very useful. The competitive side helps identify opportunities as well when tracking what your competition is doing. The new content explorer seems like a great tool to use, although I haven't jumped into it too far yet. The product, in my opinion, keeps getting better. It's helped us pinpoint problem areas and opportunities.

Ahrefs review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"The Most Accurate, but Not the Most Comprehensive, Backlink Tool Out There"

What do you like best?

AHrefs manages to be very up-to-date in terms of links that are actually there. It is rare for AHrefs to say that there is a link, but the link has since been removed.

What do you dislike?

AHrefs isn't always the best at finding new links that have come up. Other tools tend to find new links better and faster than AHrefs, but then they tend to keep the links in the list longer than the links are actually there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely ONLY on AHrefs, but it can definitely be your PRIMARY backlink analysis tool. As a note, AHrefs isn't always the best at detecting whether or not a link is sitewide.

The big problem to be solved is removing bad backlinks from client's backlink profiles. In order to do that, you need to have a good view of the client's backlink profile. AHrefs tends to be the best way to do that, though we don't use AHrefs by itself.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Really competitive SEO and content creation tool"

What do you like best?

It's not only a good tool for prospecting and doing audits on existing sites, but the tool for seeing what stuff has been shared/linked to the most on different topics is invaluable for content creation.

What do you dislike?

The content explorer sometimes has gaps where it doesn't pick up quite everything, but it's very competitive with BuzzSumo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it if you can afford it!

I am solving the business problem of providing enough SEO and content creation value to allow us to build more effective websites for our clients. We can make just as pretty a website as other companies, but we provide way more value if we also make sure the right keywords are there, and the right topics that get shared among the target audience.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Versatile SEO Tool Used for Competitor Analysis"

What do you like best?

AHREFS is my go-to tool for competitor analysis. It allows me to see my competitors backlink profile with ease. It even includes the number of follow, nofollows, .com, .edu, .gov, links and more. Definitely a good tool to have.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I have found to not like about this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for a few weeks before making a decision.

I am able to work more efficiently and analyze domains that rank on the first page much quicker.

Ahrefs review by Katey  Y.
Katey Y.

"exceptional crawling capabilities"

What do you like best?

it makes keyword management painless. and has helped drastically with keyword suggestions

What do you dislike?

the ux can often be difficult and they lack analytics

We use Ahrefs for backlink indexing to improve our seo and get more traffic

Ahrefs review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Very good product"

What do you like best?

The option to review links profiles in depth

What do you dislike?

The ui of the other tools are a bit outdated but in general it's fine

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best crawlers out there, easy to use and very detailed

Link detox, links competition, links ideas and more!

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"I use Ahrefs to monitor my company's google rank and areas of improvement."

What do you like best?

I like how you can browse your competitor's backlink profile. This gives me new ideas of where I can push SEO development.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Ahrefs does not update in real time. I usually will see backlinks update 2-3 days after they go live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! The tool has unlimited data insights that you can uncover. Their blog content is also helpful.

We are improving our SEO by using Ahref's tools, which has a huge impact on our online visibility. Because of this tool we have improved our DA by 10 points.

Ahrefs review by Patrick O.
Patrick O.

"Best SEO Tool Money Can Buy"

What do you like best?

AHREFS is a one stop shop for SEO tools. I have experience using Moz and many other tools, but AHREFS is far more useful with its positions explorer and content explorer.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It meets almost all of our needs. About the only other thing that would be useful if it was added would be automated PDF reporting like Raven Tools.

We use AHREFS to monitor our SEO progress for clients, conduct keyword research, and find content ideass among other things.

"Ahrefs Review"

What do you like best?

It's non-technical self-explanatory usability. I began using this product before knowing what it was capable of. With that, it was simple to explore the product and self-teach!

What do you dislike?

I think that there are some pretty standard features that different subscription tiers nullify. So, depending on how much you pay, you might not have access to certain information. This is obviously common, but I think a restructure of what certain tiers have access to is in order.

SEO, keyword, traffic, link building, etc.

Ahrefs review by Kathryn C.
Kathryn C.