4.5 out of 5

Ahrefs Reviews

1-35 of 35 total Ahrefs reviews
Ahrefs review by Paul C.
Inbound Consultant - Premier Services

"Great tool pricing can increase anytime BE CAREFUL!!!"

What do you like best?

It's a tool where you can easily do research on competition and get great quality data.

What do you dislike?

The pricing policy. I purchased the tool for 12 months in end of Jan 2018. This included 5000 SERP updates with a standard plan and all of a sudden, Ahref changed this back to 1000 without any warning. Their pricing page wasn't even reflecting this change, and I was informed about that when talking to a support rep. I understand the Company wants to increase pricing based on improved tools, but when you have made a 12 months purchase in advance, you would expect this new pricing to apply by the end of your contract at least... Or potentially to be grandfathered in the old pricing. But No - Ahref will basically apply this very aggressively with no warning at all or heads up. It's sad, in fact very sad as it shows the company is definitely not customer-centric.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grand father customers who paid subscriptions in advance in the old pricing when new feautres appear, and only increase pricing upon their renewal

I perform advanced competitive analysis to help my clients build better content strategy.

Ahrefs review by Justin D.
SEO Manager

"AHREFS is awesome for link building"

What do you like best?

I've used a couple of SEO software programs over the last 4 years. Moz, Serpstat, SEM Rush and now Ahrefs. Since the bulk of my focus is actually building links, I think Ahrefs has the most reliable results. For example, if you checked the backlink profile of 10-20 websites on Ahrefs and compared to another SEO software provider, I bet that you would average at least 10-15% more results with Ahrefs. That can be a lot more opportunities! Their keyword phrase tracker seems to work pretty quickly and seems to be accurate.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a bit high compared to some of the other providers. Nearly $200 per month currently and feel there could but better value for the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using it for building links mainly, it is probably the best option.

Finding link opportunities, tracking positions in search results, analyzing websites.

Ahrefs review by Lazar L.
Digital Marketer

"A Must-Have Tool for Everyone Who Wants to Up Their SEO Game to the Next Level"

What do you like best?

The platform has a ton of valuable information and it's relatively easy to use once you get familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

It's not a cheap product but I guess that is valid for all SEO tools, not just Ahrefs.

We use Ahrefs for competitive research, keyword research, link-building and tracking our SEO improvement over time. We've been using the product since November 2018 and so far we grew our monthly organic traffic by 84% (from 25,524 in Sept 2018 to 47,011 in the last 30 days - Jan-Feb 2019).

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I have yet to see anything better than Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Ahrefs is that they have several different tools that are must-haves for SEOs, all in one place. If you need to do keyword research, they have it right there. If you need to do backlink analysis, it's right there too. Having everything together is a lifesaver.

What do you dislike?

I think that their price is a little high, and even though they have a lot of features, not everybody uses them. I really wish they would offer their keyword research tool as a standalone service for a reduced price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time and familiarize yourself with all that they offer - there's a lot of stuff.

I'm improving my website's SEO. I'm also getting some content ideas from their research tools. Plus, I have their alerts set up to let me know whenever my name is mentioned throughout the web. It's like Google Alerts, but much more thorough.

Ahrefs review by Vicky J.
Inbound Marketing Manager

"Best Tool To Improve Your Organic Search Rankings & Traffic"

What do you like best?

1. Getting instant access to the competitor's data on a broad level.

2. Helpful in creating a go to plan for content outreach

3. Best for Backlink analysis

What do you dislike?

1. Too much data metrics - unable to understand

2. The UX & UI need to be simplified - complex dashboard

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to kick start with your inbound marketing campaigns.

Mainly using Ahrefs to improve our inbound marketing efforts. Helping us in competitive analysis. We have been able to take decision on the basis Ahrefs data to increase our overall organic traffic and ranking.

Ahrefs review by Vivek K.
Founder
Internet

"The Most Exhaustive Keyword Research Tool "

What do you like best?

Keyword explorer, which was released few weeks back is one of the most exhaustive tools that we have see off late. Keyword Ideas, Phrase Match and KD help content marketers to align their content marketing efforts with organic search trends. Apart from that from an on page point of view, the tool gives everything that modern age webmaster need to track their overall performance.

What do you dislike?

The Ahref rank seems like an abstract concept. The tool itself was under development for quiet some time and that was exactly when we had purchased it as well. Some of the metrics like KD are available basis cache only and not updated frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyword Explorer and Rank Tracker are two amazing features that help Ahrefs stand out. Apart from that the product is backed by some great content in terms of how to start cracking traffic and opportunity. Must try

We use Ahrefs heavily for our content planning and marketing activities. Ahrefs also supports multiple languages ensuring that marketers can also plan their localization efforts and create their strategy for international SEO.

Ahrefs review by Mark C.
Digital Marketing Manager
Financial Services

"Search marketing multitool, good depth of index, regularly adds new features"

What do you like best?

It finds more links than similar tools, and provides tools to help explore them. Provides access to deep information on competitor sites. Regularly adds new features to help marketers explore their link profile; one example being separating out "Live" and "Fresh" index so you can find recent but non current links.

What do you dislike?

A little expensive. Support responses can be slow. Interface can be rather confusing although they recently improved it a lot (see above re: regular updates). I couldn't get the Chrome Extension to work in any of my installations of Chrome, so I still use competitor toolbars in my browser. You can't ever change your login email address thanks to the billing system, so choose carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to spend your life spelling it to finance / procurement, etc, or debating its pronunciation with colleagues. And you will find helpful how-to videos not only from Ahrefs' YouTube channel, but also third parties such as Authority Hacker.

Provides a way to track the effect of link building activity and demonstrate the impact on search traffic. Excellent for competitor analysis. Helps with researching what content to produce, which competitors are gaining in search and why, which keywords your site could realistically aim to rank for, and gives you enough information to plan how to do it.

Ahrefs review by Dustin W. S.
Co-founder, Marketing Director
Internet

"Amazing SEO tool"

What do you like best?

The amount of data that Ahrefs provides is staggering. There's more information I am able to get out of it than I will ever be able to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's so complex that it's intimidating. However, it is the easiest to use out of all the SEO tools I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read through their vast amounts of case studies and blog posts. So useful!

Getting a snapshot of my websites search ranking and performance. The benefits are that I'm able to see where I'm winning and where I'm falling short.

Ahrefs review by Ramanan S.
Chief Sales and Marketing Officer

"Ahrefs is one of the finest keyword analysis tools that we have ever used "

What do you like best?

The way Ahrefs categorises and offers the results based on keywords and funnels chosen is simply great and amazingly useful

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little more user friendly and intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your choice is for a tool that lets you analyse and optimise keywords, look no further.

We are optimising on our SEO and at the same time regularising our SEM spends based on everyday keyword analysis vis-à-vis competition.

Ahrefs review by Vivek S.
Associate Partner | iZooto

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Apart from letting you keep a track on almost all the metrics that impacts website SEO, it allows me to set alerts for backlinks (new and lost), referring domains, product mentions and of course the keyword performance.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to label keywords that are being tracked. When you have multiple content strategies running as the same time, the keyword labels (and label groups in general) let you keep clear on what's working.

Giving insights regarding our website SEO and in fact our competitor's SEO, it is helping us in setting some realistic goals.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid Tool for Link Building"

What do you like best?

Great catalogue of competitors' back links and linking opportunities for your site. Ahrefs also has great customer support--Someone will get back to you in an hour or so to answer any questions you might have. The pricing is also reasonable for the industry.

What do you dislike?

If you don't pay for the premium packages, you can't really access most of the software. For us (small company), the link intersect tool is nearly useless because we need to upgrade to see nearly all of the results. We were upgraded to the "middle" package when they increased their prices last year, but it still feels as though we're missing out on a lot of the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you invest any time in link building, this is a good tool.

This has allowed us to repaid broken links, find good opportunities and domains to connect with, and analyze what strategies our competitors are using. It's also good for generating new ideas for content. For example, you can see what content is receiving a lot of back links on your competitors' sites, which allows you to modify your own campaigns going forward.

Ahrefs review by Eli F.
Founder and CTO

"Great backlink software, and definitely the best priced"

What do you like best?

My company conducted an extenstive study of backlink software platforms to integrate into our platform, and Ahrefs quickly rose to the top of the heap, As heavy API users, we appreciate their easy to use interface and great pricing

What do you dislike?

Their dataset is not as powerful as MajesticSEO's, but the value is way better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great piece of software, at a great price, that provides incredible data.

We don't collect our own backlink data; we just analyze that data and integrate it into our software. We needed a powerful but not overly expensive solution to get backlink data at scale, and ahrefs provided that and more.

Ahrefs review by Ron G.
Strategic Opportunity Analyst

"A top marketing-industry tool"

What do you like best?

As a marketer it is very important to understand your audience and the audience insights provided by Ahrefs are some of the most trustworthy in the industry.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data isn't the most up to date, but that is somewhat splitting hairs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone in the marketing space can benefit from using Ahrefs. Even if it can't answer your specific question, it can definitely help you narrow it down with the abundance of tools.

We are trying to predict audience/consumer behavior. Ahrefs helps us better predict these behaviors.

Ahrefs review by Curtis H.
Founder

"Great set of keyword features and link monitoring, lacking SEO grader for 8 months."

What do you like best?

Keyword research tools are great for looking up competitor keywords and then finding opportunities with search volumes and competitiveness of the keywords.

What do you dislike?

The SEO grader which graded your site for technical SEO issues was taken offline sometime in the early fall of 2016. It's been about 8 months and it's still not back even though they were promising an upgrade would be done in a couple short months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to research links and competitors, this is a great tool. For on site technical SEO look elseware for now.

Tracking links and keywords for clients. Benefits just help me do reports and research easier.

Ahrefs review by Adam H.
Reporter | Editorial Assistant

"SEO made easy"

What do you like best?

Easy keyword research with specific keyword difficulty rating and monthly traffic information to inform SEO decisions.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a bit busy which can detract from what I mainly use the software for: SEO keyword research

Recommendations to others considering the product

A hrefs is indeed pretty expensive, but from my experience, it seems more intuitive and in-depth in keyword analytics than Google AdWords.

We're increasing organic traffic through informed keyword choices.

Ahrefs review by Piotr M.
Marketing & UX Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education

"My SEO partner"

What do you like best?

ahrefs is my the most important tool for links analytics, the most important activity in SEO strategy. Site explorer is nice tool for analytics website for links acquisition. I love a content explorer for a copyng a content strategy from competitors.

What do you dislike?

Price is too high, alerts are not very accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to creating your own inside SEO strategy software from this category will be needed thing

Analytics of your backlinks strategy

Analyse a competitor's SEO strategy

Finding a new places for links acquisition

Ahrefs review by User in Consumer Electronics

"Ahrefs is the Industry Standard for Backlink Analyzation"

What do you like best?

There's an extensive amount of easy user experience with this site. It doesn't take any kind of in depth training to get started.

What do you dislike?

Up to date information. Sometimes the information be it the page rank, domain rank, or backlinks don't match other pieces of software like Moz when analyzing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great bet to get started with backlink profile analyzation for both you and your competitors. This will take a lot of the guess work out when targeting your audience.

Back link profiles are the name of the game. Ahrefs allows me to take an in-depth look at not only my clients back link profile, but my competitors as well.

Ahrefs review by Kevin N.
Digital Marketing Specialist

"Very strong software but could do with a ux upgrade"

What do you like best?

The software is extremely powerful where you are looking to keep an eye on your profile or do a full audit i can't recommend this software enough

What do you dislike?

The user experience is a bit dated and depending on what you use it for can be a bit of a pain in the a**. I can't recommend it highly enough and the main overview page removing the new and lost was a bit of a mistake. The old report was a lot better and useful but the added extras were very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

well yes and no to moving in the right direction because they are in the improvements they've made but there is a lot of stuff which has been removed/changed from previous reports which are now more difficult to understand like the overview graphs.

mainly backlink audits and backlink removals. This gives you endless data to be able to be as thorough as possible but also allows to monitor it as well because of how often the index is updated compared to other software.

Ahrefs review by User in Tobacco

"Ahrefs is a useful SEO tool when looking for backlink profile"

What do you like best?

I like that the tool has a very useful historical look at your backlink profile. It allows you to track individual keywords matched to specific URL's. You can also look at specifc URL's and see how many and what backlinks you have with those pages specificly

What do you dislike?

I think that in some ways the dashboard views are a bit hard to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that this is not a all-in-one tool that will help you with all of your SEO needs.

We are using this tool in conjunction with some other SEO tools out in the market to check our backlink history, do keyword research and help build our SEO to improve in SERPS

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"Such an awesome site"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this site offers a free version of there product. The free version is sufficient for most of my business needs, and most likely it will suffice for your needs as well. They provide links from other sites linking into a site you specifiy. The key in this is helping you to check out what backlinks your competitors are using, and potentially swoop in and get those links for your own site! This is such an important thing to have.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is the high price tag on the upgraded version of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it right away! This site can give you most of what you need with no cost, so try it today!

The problem is getting backlinks to my sites that I wouldn't have known about.

Ahrefs review by Internal Consultant in Printing

"Spy on your competitors"

What do you like best?

I like the keyword summary and backlink summary tool showing competitors side by side; it helps my export and segmentation reports to look good.

What do you dislike?

The reporting user experience could be better. The reports look exactly like something you could get from the Google research tool. With a paid platform, I expect more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial with SpyFu and make sure this has what you're looking for.

Ahrefs is helping me discover backlink opportunities for multiple clients across multiple verticals, which helps with overall site ranking.

Ahrefs review by User in Management Consulting

"Great software for improving SEO strategy"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use for people new to the SEO game. However, it also has advanced functionality not available in Google adwords for marketing professionals.

What do you dislike?

I wish the keywork search frequencies could drill down to local areas (data is only at a national level). This means that I need to use it in tandem with google ad words which is annoying.

market sizing. We have identified what industry verticals our business should focus on.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Versatile SEO Tool Used for Competitor Analysis"

What do you like best?

AHREFS is my go-to tool for competitor analysis. It allows me to see my competitors backlink profile with ease. It even includes the number of follow, nofollows, .com, .edu, .gov, links and more. Definitely a good tool to have.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I have found to not like about this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for a few weeks before making a decision.

I am able to work more efficiently and analyze domains that rank on the first page much quicker.

Ahrefs review by Katey  Y.

"exceptional crawling capabilities"

What do you like best?

it makes keyword management painless. and has helped drastically with keyword suggestions

What do you dislike?

the ux can often be difficult and they lack analytics

We use Ahrefs for backlink indexing to improve our seo and get more traffic

Ahrefs review by User in Internet

"Ahrefs Review"

What do you like best?

It's non-technical self-explanatory usability. I began using this product before knowing what it was capable of. With that, it was simple to explore the product and self-teach!

What do you dislike?

I think that there are some pretty standard features that different subscription tiers nullify. So, depending on how much you pay, you might not have access to certain information. This is obviously common, but I think a restructure of what certain tiers have access to is in order.

SEO, keyword, traffic, link building, etc.

Ahrefs review by Jonathan L.
Senior SEO Strategist

"The Standard for Competitive Analysis"

What do you like best?

The ability to analyze backlinks and anchor clouds of competitors is one of the bedrock strategies for building search ranking and Ahrefs is one of those tools I always go to when client's first sign on. The content and page level features also give me useful insights into the landing pages that are making money for clients, and those that are lagging behind.

What do you dislike?

The crawler isn't 100 percent accurate - to the point that links I see as clearly indexed in SERP still don't show up.

I'm helping clients identify opportunities to build new content, acquire high authority links, and increase brand presence in a way that sustains them for the long haul. Ahrefs is an integral component in reaching those goals for every client - no exceptions.

Ahrefs review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"Amazing Data Coverage!"

What do you like best?

The dataset that Ahrefs provides is incredibly impressive!

What do you dislike?

It's rather narrow in focus, but it's good at what it does.

Search data collection -- access to info that we can't get elsewhere!

Ahrefs review by Administrator in Printing

"Great SEO tool specially to track back links "

What do you like best?

Tracks competitors’ back link profile and reports on their status.

What do you dislike?

on page recommendations and analysis could be more granular and useful. The tool needs to do a better job in reporting on page factors such as title tags, meta tags, content uniqueness and other technical factors.

1) track backlink profile of my company and competitors.

2) track keyword rankings in organic SERPs through out the weeks.

Ahrefs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Insights - Easy to Use - Would Recommend!"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs has some great insights which we use on a daily basis for our clients and for prospective customer research. Big fan of the linking insights, index of sites & error reports.

What do you dislike?

Would like them to expand a bit past just linking insights and move towards other areas of digital marketing insights.

We're using this to find organic opportunities. We also use this for competitive research and analysis.

Ahrefs review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Ahrefs: Still the leading backlink profile solution, but it's not what it use to be"

What do you like best?

Ahfrefs has very large index of links to sort through. That's what is most important when choosing a link profiling tool.

What do you dislike?

The index seems very fickle. There are observed unnatural spikes in found links that don't directly reflect any new or lost links to a site

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great option for the price. It is extremely helpful when cleaning up up messy link profiles compared to other tools such as Majestic.

We are using Ahrefs to report on out link building efforts, but also helping clients clean up trashed link profiles that are possibly giving them problems with their keyword rankings.

Ahrefs review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Very Useful for C-Block Volume & Anchor Text Analysis"

What do you like best?

Volume of domains by IP and able to grab more backlinks by domain than provided in majestic sample backlink reports

What do you dislike?

My agency utilizes Majestic indexed data primarily in our analyses and often times the data between Majestic and AHREFs does not jive. It would be nice if the two were more aligned so I knew I was getting a holistic view of the data. Let's work together, not against one another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For penalty assessment and backlink cleanup, always utilize a variety of tools to ensure you are seeing the whole picture.

Analysis of spam penalty risk. More granular data to get a specific view of a potential threat.

Ahrefs review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Keyword research"

What do you like best?

I like how ahref presents the keyword that I can save to a group of keywords.

What do you dislike?

however, after having those group of list, i cant export it to CSV or excel

It is easy to do competitive analysis

Ahrefs review by User in Political Organization

"site explorer only"

What do you like best?

Was an terrific (free) tool for this junior SEO, once upon a time. Granted access to important backlink and site information, without getting so far into details that I was blown away.

What do you dislike?

I was grateful for what I was able to access for free! No complaints here.

Wanted to get a good (quick) glance at a link profile for my client's site and those of their competitors - discovered some sketchy paid link activity.

Ahrefs review by Agency in Internet

"Ahrefs is great for managing your SEO project"

What do you like best?

Great for finding out issues with your website

What do you dislike?

It's pricey. It'd be great if the price was a little lower -- you'd get more smaller agencies using the program.

Backlinks

Ahrefs review by Administrator in Internet

"Great tool for backlink monitoring. "

What do you like best?

Pricing seems very reasonable. No competition

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve for the interface.

Doing SEO Tech audits for clients.

Ahrefs Features