Ahsay Backup

Ahsay Backup Software is an advanced disk-to-disk-to-disk (D2D2D) backup solution for Businesses and MSPs / VARs. It comes with the most comprehensive features that can fulfill all the on-premises backup, online backup, offsite backup, and cloud backup needs of nowadays businesses.

Work for Ahsay Backup?

Learning about Ahsay Backup?

Categories

Compare Ahsay Backup to Similar Solutions

Ahsay Backup Reviews

Ask Ahsay Backup a Question
Showing 5 Ahsay Backup reviews
Ahsay Backup review by Raymond J.
Raymond J.

"Unreliable company"

What do you like best?

It's complete, with lots of features, localized.

What do you dislike?

The company. They lie about everything. Backups often fail because of corrupted indexes, which have to be rebuild, which takes a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use this. When we started they told us we could upgrade with a valid maintenance contract. However, when version 7 was released, we had to re-invest even more then our initial investment. Then they promised we could continue without maintenance, but that's also not possible at all. Worst support ever!

None

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ahsay Backup
Ahsay Backup review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Terrible Company"

What do you like best?

Nothing any more. I used to be happy with Ahsay and their product seemed stable.

What do you dislike?

Diluting the features of software that I've already bought and paid for. I bought licenses which were able to backup multiple machines. One license per enduser. Now, if I want to install the latest version, the licenses I ALREADY PAID FOR will only backup one machine. I paid for licenses that backed up multiple machines and now they've changed it to only one machine. And when I speak to them about it, they claim that nothings changed, which just makes me madder.

Not relevant.

What Backup solution do you use?

Ahsay Backup review by Executive Sponsor in Computer & Network Security
Executive Sponsor in Computer & Network Security

"Ahsay backup worth of their money"

What do you like best?

Ease of installation

ease of use

fast response from tech support

trouble free use - we are using ahsay for years and everything is working from day one without problems.

Easy to deploy new accounts

What do you dislike?

upgrades path - sometimes upgrades come to soon and to avoid bugs, i s better to wait with upgrade for a while. But the same can happen with all vendors by our experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to deploy and trouble free solution, which simply works.

We are service provider and we are using Ahsay for our of site backup offering to or customers. We are working also with Veeam and Backup Exec.

We are covering complete of site backup and recovery for our customers. We use MS SQL, Exchange, file system backups, VM backups....

Ahsay Backup review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Ahsay Backup"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, price of the software and maintenance and the scalability of the software to back up large amounts of data.

What do you dislike?

Support is based in Hong Kong. That being said the support is during their working hours which is like 7pm - 3 am EST. Which makes it hard sometime to get something solved quickly.

a cost effective solution for protecting clients that just have a small amount of data they need backed up at night.

Ahsay Backup review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Ahsay??? Think again... Much better choices out there...."

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Deployment and setup is easy

What do you dislike?

bugs in software put in question a service providers ability to provide servers (Ahsay Rebrandable)

Technical support is questionable - expect 1-2 day turnaround - even for critical issues with valid maintenance

Misleading licensing practices - with valid maintenance - you can't upgrade to latest version - expect to pay more.

Sales - very green

Sales management - seasoned but lucky if you get to them.

Questionable ability to restore data outside of small client needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, look elsewhere.

Review Details:

Overall: 1.0

Ease of Use: 2

Customer Service: 1

Comments: I have been an Ahsay partner for the last 11 years and have seen many improvements with the product. The product is designed for use mostly in small residential and small commercial backup solutions. While the product has had its reliability issues on some versions, I have really been struggling to stay with Ahsay as a partner. Over the past few years, the quality and reliability of their software has fluctuated with their versions. And now with version 7.5 out, I have ben seeing many bugs within the software. 7.5 really makes it easy for the service provider with the easy branding, however, with issues on "missed backups" having my customers being notified that their backups were missed while it was successful isn't a pat on the back for reputation tho. While being a faithful partner with maintenance over the years, they have always said you could update to the latest version of the software. This isn't quite true and I am not happy with the management at Ahsay for misleading their partner network. You can only upgrade to version 6.x and if you want to go to version 7.x it will cost you even if you have paid for maintenance. Ahsay has changes much of its licensing and is confusing now. With the misleading of product upgrades for it's partners and the only way is to pay more for product licensing, I will shortly be looking for a replacement for Ahsay as many other partners have done in the past year due to Ahsay management philosophy change. For those considering Ahsay, I would strongly consider alternatives to this product since it will cost you more down the road in not only time and licensing, but business and service reputation. Overall, technical support is okay if you only expect 1-2 day response - critical issue support? Better have a great "developer" understanding of their product, since you will need it. Sales team - lots of turn over there. Sales managers are seasoned but I'm sure your impression of their front line sales folk s will damage your impression before you get to the Sales management team. The market now has much better products to choose from due to technology changes that have happened in the past years while Ahsay has not kept current.

Learning about Ahsay Backup?

* We monitor all Ahsay Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories