Airbrake

Airbrake gives you detailed stack traces that help you fix errors in seconds, not minutes. Drill down on recurring exceptions or filter by parameters, users or environment variables. Intelligent grouping and duplicate detection means you don't get overwhelmed by trivial errors or a mass of emails.

Work for Airbrake?

Learning about Airbrake?

Airbrake Reviews

Ask Airbrake a Question
Showing 19 Airbrake reviews
Airbrake review by User in Internet

"We'd be dead without Airbrake"

What do you like best?

real time error reporting with an amazing level of detail. Sometimes I see an error roll in and notice that it was generated by an internal user. I've actually reached out to a member of the team to say "I noticed you got an error on the platform" and they're blown away as if I have psychic powers. haha

What do you dislike?

can't seem to label or prioritize errors. Also I haven't yet figured out how to export error data. For example, if Stripe was facing an outage and there were 100 reported errors. Airbrake would capture all of occurrences but if I wanted to grab all of the user data from each one so we could reach out to them, I'd have to manually go through each occurrence and copy the error data into a text document before parsing out what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a lifesaver. I will likely be using Airbrake with all future applications.

nearly instant feedback about errors after deployments with a fascinating level of detail which mean we can find and squash bugs in a flash!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Airbrake
Airbrake review by Arpit P.
Arpit P.

"Awesome bug and error tracker software- Recommended"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of devices out there for following exemptions underway. Error reporting is verging on moment. This is incredible since they can take a screenshot of it and send that to us. This makes it simple to speak with engineers and focus on precisely what blunder happened. When our clients or testing group get a 500 blunder, they see an Airbrake number.

What do you dislike?

There are no approaches to diminish the yield of the stack follow keeping in mind the end goal to demonstrate just the most pertinent part of the logs The web interface is far to be strong however in any case it's enhancing always

The helpful thing is to know when the blunders began happening, how frequently they happen and how you can organize them. Being ready to screen any mistakes happening on our creation/organizing is precious. Airbrake helps us stay concentrated on tending to that business need by making any special cases quickly unmistakable.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Airbrake review by Gaurav S.
Gaurav S.

"Airbrake is really cool and best tool for tracking airbreak of the product"

What do you like best?

Airbrake sends complete bug report in email like error message, where, which file, Backtrace summary etc.

Airbrake dashboard showing all same kind of bug in a group, no. of occurence, Environment.

It also segregate environment bugs in segregate group. We can easily mark bug is resolve or not and easy github, slack integration with product.

It support various language like ruby, rails, android so no need to find another tool for tracking exception for various platform.

What do you dislike?

current UI is little bit old, it can be improve or may be we can select different theme.

Airbrake have a feature to create a Github issue automatically but if possible it also assign that bug/issue to developer. We integrate some Github profile (developers) with airbrake and it auto assign them.

I think Airbrake.io is not free for opensource project, it can make free for that. Ruby, Rails various gem that are available on Github.

We are tracking all bugs and instead fix because it's help lot where our app is crashing and which part of the product have bugs and no. of bug occurence.

If product have a framework that also provide API for android and iOS we need to track all kind of issues, Airbrake is awesome tool because it support various language like ruby, rails, android so no need to find another tool for tracking exception for various platform.

Airbrake review by Shashank S.
Shashank S.

"Great experience, Great service, Moderate UI, Fair price"

What do you like best?

Its an awesome tool for programming advancement. I've principally utilized Airbrake as a test arranging and test execution tool. It looks decent, it is adjustable, and it coordinates with overshadowing bug following potential outcomes and diagrams for examination. Airbrake accommodates simple prerequisite traceability in the Requirements module however that relationship is effortlessly broken.

What do you dislike?

The Dashboards for reporting could be better and more instinctive. It was anything but difficult to channel a rundown of test configs to discover which ones I possessed, however without making a report, I couldn't see all the experiments I claimed over numerous test suites.

There is still room for improvement in UI after the version 2.0

We have utilized this as a part of iOS application for getting crash reports It made advancement significantly more effective. Bug reporting should be snappy, brief and dependable.

Airbrake review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome error reporting with a free tier"

What do you like best?

I love the dead simple integration into ruby on rails with heroku that makes it so I get production errors in my inbox. I do lots of client work at my job, and I sit as a team member on each of their airbrake accounts so I can receive the error emails. Half the time I fix bugs before they are even reported by the client. Also, it has a free tier which works out really well considering a lot of the projects I work on are startups and need something that is both effective, but cheap because they aren't generating revenue yet.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of much that I dislike about Airbrake for what I use it for. It's awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an awesome tool. I would definitely recommend it.

Reporting errors for several ruby on rails applications with nice detailed diagnostics that make it easy to identify and fix the bugs.

Airbrake review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Very happy with this useful service"

What do you like best?

I was able to host the app myself for free on Heroku. I could also heavily customize the way that errors were reported to a high degree of granularity. I could customize what and how errors were logged on a per application, per environment basis -- so, for example, I could ignore all errors of a certain type in staging but not production. The available of integrations with applications like Slack also made error reporting extremely easy. All of the errors for all of my applications are thrown into a channel in Slack that all of our developers constantly watch. I also really appreciate that Airbrake keeps track of so many details about the request that generated the error, e.g. URL, parameters, session variables, as well as the backtrace. It will even go so far as to attempt to pinpoint the line in your github repo that threw the error.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is pretty ugly. And the Oauth login with github didn't work out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can host your Airbrake app for free on Heroku, there's literally no reason to not give this a try.

The key business problem we used this to solve was how to keep track of errors as they presented themselves to users of our systems. It's really easy for errors to just go unnoticed. Manually tailing the logs of several systems, simultaneously, 24/7, and then recording all unhandled exceptions is simply impossible. Airbrake has allowed us to develop quickly and without fear that our users are using buggy code. It has also dramatically lessened the feedback loop when a customer service person reports a bug: we already have the stacktrace thanks to Airbrake!

Airbrake review by Don T.
Don T.

"Oh my, Airbrake is great!"

What do you like best?

Airbrake has revolutionized how our Software Development team recieves and responds to exceptions.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Airbrake---the Airbrake team has a great approach and they are rapidly expanding their product. Two thumbs up!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The packages set up for integration in Symfony can be confusing.

Airbrake has helped collect exceptions from several different related applications that were previously hard to monitor. Airbrake has brought all these together in one place and made our lives much easier and allowed us to respond quickly and precisely to user issues.

Airbrake review by Chris O.
Chris O.

"A really useful tool for debugging production issues"

What do you like best?

There are plenty of tools out there for tracking exceptions in production. Most of them are fine, but Airbrake gives you a well rounded overview of everything that makes it easy to keep track of and manage exceptions in any environment you're working. One of the most useful features is you can keep track of exceptions in staging separate from production so you know which to focus on fixing first. They integrate with Slack which is extremely useful for keeping an eye on exceptions.

What do you dislike?

Their UI could use some clean up. It's not the prettiest thing to look at, but it gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're building a web application, be careful enabling Javascript tracking for errors. Anyone running Adblock etc can throw extra exceptions and they may not be useful.

I'm building web applications for clients that their web app is their main product. These often have disparate teams working across different time zones and groups. The useful thing is to know when the errors started happening, how often they happen and how you can prioritize them.

Airbrake review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Error tracking at its best"

What do you like best?

Provides very informative stacktrace and exhaustive environment details whenever an error occurs. Aggregations feature is great as it lets you carry out a trend analysis of occurrence and root cause of a bug.

What do you dislike?

A nagging reminder that our account has reached the rate limit and we need to upgrade the plan.

All uncaught exceptions, never thought of errors are caught by Airbrake. Helps us "cure" the issue when we couldn't "prevent" it in the first place.

Airbrake review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Quite good service"

What do you like best?

Installing Airbrake in your application requires really a couple of minutes and it's also pretty configurable (i.e. you can add some kind of exceptions inside a white-list so they will not be tracked).

It's also well integrated in Slack so you can be alerted on your phone even when you're not in front of your PC thanks to the push notifications and it's able to open new issues on GitHub for every detected error.

What do you dislike?

There are no ways to reduce the output of the stack trace in order to show only the most relevant part of the logs

The web interface is far to be solid but anyway it's improving constantly...

Every web application nowadays needs a trustworthy way to log errors and inform instantaneously its developers. Airbrake does it in the good way, combining ease, integrations with many services and a quite good interface to understand what and why something bad happened.

Airbrake review by Anton K.
Anton K.

"Easy to use bugtracking software"

What do you like best?

- easy to use

- easy to integrate with Rails

- handy grouping of errors

- mobile application

What do you dislike?

I am fully satisfied with Airbrake. Maybe only the price could be lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Airbrake everyone. It is one of the best and easy to use online exceptional tracking software.

It increases the speed of resolving errors, removes need to write own exceptional tracking and helps to reduce development time.

Airbrake review by Jared B.
Jared B.

"Makes sure we never miss an exception and always know when things break"

What do you like best?

There is a feature within Aibrake that lets us print out the Airbrake # on our custom error screen to end users. This is great since they can take a screenshot of it and send that to us. We also use the Pivotal Tracker integration and find that very useful.

What do you dislike?

Using the Pivotal Tracker integration means that each time a ticket state changes or a comment is made we all get an email, which gets to be a bit much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Airbrake because it is one of the better exception monitors.

Knowing the health of our tech stack is critical. We use Airbrake not only to capture unhandled exceptions but also to specifically trigger Airbrake exceptions when certain handled exceptions occur.

Airbrake review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Good experience with Airbrake!"

What do you like best?

Airbrake brings the problems to me, so I don’t have to go searching for them. With a very small development team, I don’t have the time and energy to constantly monitor our logs for issues. I’m grateful I can outsource that responsibility to Airbrake.

What do you dislike?

When there are multiple instances of the same exception, they all get lumped together. It’s hard to look at all of them quickly. I have to click through each one individually. I’d love a way, for example, to see all the users affected (if applicable), or compare exceptions from different times to look for patterns.

Factor 75 delivers healthy, prepared meals to people who want to perform at their peak. Airbrake helps us stay focused on addressing that business need by making any exceptions immediately visible. It allows us to quickly triage errors to determine the urgency. If urgent, will open it immediately and review. Otherwise, batch them until end of the day.

Airbrake review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Easy to integrate with Rails"

What do you like best?

Ease of integration with Rails. For Heroku users it's an add on in the store.

What do you dislike?

Design could be better, but apparently Airbrake is working on that for soon to be released version 2.0.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out; see how it works with your product dev workflow.

Email alerts and ability to have a list of bugs with frequency is useful.

Airbrake review by Nicolas A.
Nicolas A.

"Great reporting, great support, great UI, fair pricing. "

What do you like best?

Error reporting is almost instant. Team management is great. UI makes it easy to find the right context.

What do you dislike?

The API could be simpler. There are about 3 different versions and doc is hard to find.

Being able to monitor any errors happening on our production / staging is invaluable.

Airbrake review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great program overall!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for collaboration, prioritizing, triaging and more with custom workflow integrations. Really helped my work and project management

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more user friendly and simple to get started. Upload more tutorials if possible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! You never know if it's going to be easier or harder than what you're currently working with

Error tracking while deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier for me

Airbrake review by User in Internet

"Quick way to communicate with developers and end users"

What do you like best?

When our users or testing team get a 500 error, they see an Airbrake number. This makes it easy to communicate with developers and hone in on exactly what error occurred. The developers are always notified of errors as soon as they happen so they can respond as soon as possible.

What do you dislike?

The numbers are on the long side, making them not as easy to refer back to and locate as they could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's an excellent way to hone in on errors.

Airbrake solves the problem of having to manually dig through logs in case an error occurred. Since developers are notified when it happens, they are always away. It's also helpful to quickly pinpoint an error that has occurred thanks to the number.

Airbrake review by Tobias B.
Tobias B.

"Best tool for real-time PHP bug alerts"

What do you like best?

Airbrake is great for fast and easy real time bug tracking. It groups the errors by type and let's you integrate it to third-party platforms like slack etc.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about airbrake. Everything works like a charm.

Biggest collaborative online art collection. Collecting art online, online art curation.

Airbrake review by User in Internet

"It helps us to constantly stay on top of issues in real-time"

What do you like best?

It helps us to constantly stay on top of issues in real-time. We have Airbrake setup for development as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike to be honest. Quite happy with the service. One thing that can be improved is the iPhone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airbrake keeps us right where we need to be. Wonderful software and we plan to use it for the long haul.

Helps us resolve issues as quickly as possible.

Learning about Airbrake?

* We monitor all Airbrake reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.