AirParrot

3.9

Wirelessly share your Mac or Windows computer screen to a larger display without the need for cables and adapters.

Work for AirParrot?

Learning about AirParrot?

AirParrot Reviews

Ask AirParrot a Question
Showing 18 AirParrot reviews
AirParrot review by Sandro M.
Sandro M.

"It's OK I guess"

What do you like best?

It works out of the box most of the time so yeah there u go.

What do you dislike?

Having now gone through Mavericks, Yosemite, and finally (for the moment) El Capitan, my results are still mixed. My Macbook Pro max'ed out with 16 GB RAM can sort of get a good transmission from a copy onboard. If I have to stream an item (as with Netflix), forget about it. It staggers. On my Macbook Air (2010), there's no way this will work with a streaming source. Also, I use Boom for sound amplification. AirParrot seems unable to send the sound to the Apple TV 3 and the TV. Best bet: buy a new or recent Macbook Pro or Air and use the native Airplay with Apple TV 3 or 4.. AirParrot 2.2.1 is now only for older Macs.

I use it quite often for presentations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AirParrot
AirParrot review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Excellent multi-platform mirroring software - well worth enterprise cost"

What do you like best?

I like how the software seamlessly connects mac, windows, and chrome devices - while all being able to either mirror or extend the desktop of the current user.

What do you dislike?

If you have a big network with conference machines segmented off into VLANs you might have some issues with devices being detected but other than that I've loved what I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how your current network is setup in relation to airparrot - it's most likely going to work on any front you have

Being able to adapt to the current user's device - meaning we specifically don't need an apple tv, or airplay, or any combination of software, we're able to knock out everything with AirParrot

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

AirParrot review by DJ K.
DJ K.

"use for screen sharing pc to apple tv"

What do you like best?

It does a great job for sharing a pc to an apple tv - great for presentations

What do you dislike?

It can be delayed on the audio at times, but I don't use the audio as much as this visual

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are using a PC and would like to get this on a screen via apple tv without cords - this is awesome

sharing presentations on a larger screen

AirParrot review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"AirParrot for Work"

What do you like best?

AirParrot is easy to use once you have it installed on your computer and paired with the TVs in your workplace. I can show up in any conference room and it's ready to go!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the AirParrot application takes a while to open or doesn't open at all. This might just be an issue for me since I have an old laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget to disconnect before you leave your meeting or else everyone will continue to see your laptop screen and all that you do!!

We need to do lots of screen sharing in our meetings, and not having to deal with cords to connect to the TVs is awesome, especially because everyone has different types of laptops and tablets.

AirParrot review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Cheap and Easy"

What do you like best?

We've used airparrot to mirror both Mac and Windows computers to our flat screen TV.

The great thing about airparrot is that you can have a solution that works on different operative systems, something you cannot accomplish on most wireless dongles etc.

The price point was really great.

Easy to get started with and use

Great for powerpoints etc.

What do you dislike?

We display a lot of video content, which can get a bit choppy.

Sometimes there's a bit of lag between host and mirror device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do test it before using. There's a lot of variables, such as your own Wi-Fi connection.

Testing it will ensure that you'll know whether it will solve your specific scenario problem.

During testing, we found some types of video uses lacking, while others were incredible smooth. They have a free trial, so just go ahead and give it a shot.

We wanted a solution for our conference tv's that could mirror both our macs and windows without adapters. We've accomplished this to some degree.

AirParrot review by Cameron B.
Cameron B.

"Great, cheap way to do screen mirroring"

What do you like best?

As Apple has expanded AirPlay, and added QuickTime screen recording, etc, this product has become less necessary. But for a long time, it was the best way to mirror an iPhone onto a Mac for recording, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it serves a single purpose, and do that job well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickTime services much of the same purpose now for my use case, which is recording app videos for product demonstrations. So if your use case matches mine, it's probably less valuable now.

We had a couple promotional videos we did a couple years back, and used AirParrot to do some detailed video recording of the app in action, and it used gyroscope/accelerameter, that are tough to mimic in a simulator.

AirParrot review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"I use this product to present during meetings"

What do you like best?

AirParrot allows our company to quickly share and present information to a larger screen in our conference rooms.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes AirParrot will disconnect from the connected monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AirParrot is easy to use and is convenient when presenting to large groups. Using AirParrot2 has allowed the connections to be much more stable.

We use this to train large groups and to go over spreadsheets.

AirParrot review by Gregory K.
Gregory K.

"Great product to connection windows OS to Apple TVs"

What do you like best?

We use air parrot for presentations. There are apple tvs in every conference room and air parrot is a very effective tool to screen share

What do you dislike?

Sometime air parrot has trouble auto finding available apple tvs. There are occasions where you need to manually type in the IP address to connect

Screen sharing a collaboration

AirParrot review by User in Internet

"AirParrot - Helpful When it Works"

What do you like best?

Airparrot is very helpful when wanting to share your screen content without messing with a bunch of wires. You just choose the screen you want to project on and BOOM your screen is on the TV.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky to work with if your internet connection is spotty, but with a strong connection it is almost flawless.

It is an excellent presentation tool for business to take advantage of. Anyone can share their screen if they have the software downloaded to their computer. It is also extremely quick and easy to hop on and off screen or switch users.

AirParrot review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The set up of this was very simple so I was up & running almost instantly. I had tried using wireless display & after spending so much time trying to get it to work without any luck, I gave up & tried AirParrot.

What do you dislike?

Each person wanting to connect to AirParrot needs to download the application & have a license which isn't ideal when a visitor wants to project their screen onto the TV,

The ability to project my computer screen onto the TV in my company's boardroom without using cables.

AirParrot review by G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions
G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions

"Occasional use"

What do you like best?

Air parrot allows you to connect with apple tv's with computers that would otherwise not be capable of connecting. Often times the connection is more steady and reliable than other options.

What do you dislike?

I have had to purchase air parrot a couple of times for the same computer. Their support team only seems interested in selling product and not helping customers.

It allows me to get more functionality out of computers that would otherwise be sitting around. There also seem to be more options, or easier to access options that air play provides.

AirParrot review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Perfect Screen Pairing"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly I can have my laptop screen projected onto my HDTV

What do you dislike?

There is a little lag in what I see mirrored on the HDTV compared to what I'm seeing on my laptop screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend AirParrot for all running on the Windows OS to mirror what they see on their laptop screen to a large HDTV

I can easily share what I'm seeing on my laptop to my design team on my large 60"HDTV using AirParrot

AirParrot review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"AirParrot Platform"

What do you like best?

You do not need an adapter for AirParrot, which is awesome! It makes moving files from screen to screen a lot easier for those with a fast internet connection.

What do you dislike?

You need to use this program with Reflector in order to have it connect to multiple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an Apple T!

It transfers well to other computers, especially when partnered with Google Chrome or Apple TV. It also does not have pixellating issues, unlike other programs available.

AirParrot review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great for the price."

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup and use, no complicated setup and easy to understand. Being able to wirelessly show my iphone, ipad screen on any computer is great.

What do you dislike?

If you have a bad wireless connection it has some trouble connecting but other than that it is a great product.

Being able to share iphone screen on a PC, we can show all our employees the new features our sales app has to offer.

AirParrot review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great for screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Great application for screen sharing to meeting room screens.

What do you dislike?

Only have experience with smart TV's so not sure how well platform would perform on an older model.

Presentation sharing is seamless and easy.

AirParrot review by Dorit J.
Dorit J.

"Projecting screen "

What do you like best?

Projecting screen ... which movies, create art

What do you dislike?

Disconnecting my Mac... need updates that works with latest Mac

Projecting my art from the computer to a wall

AirParrot review by User

"Great for sharing desktop"

What do you like best?

I like being able to quickly share my desktop on to a TV for presentations.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes glitchy. It’s embarrasing during a presentation when it fails to present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice before you use it during a presentation. If there are errors you can get IT involved to fix the glitch.

Screen sharing in a meeting.

AirParrot review by User in Internet

"AirParrot"

What do you like best?

Ease of connecting to TVs and projectors wirelessly through an Apple TV even if you don't have a Mac.

What do you dislike?

If the wireless internet is spotty the connection can be slow and delayed when projecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hardwiring internet connection with ethernet is best if projecting anything other than a powerpoint

Wireless connectivity in meetings with cross-device functionality.

Learning about AirParrot?

* We monitor all AirParrot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.