AirParrot

Wirelessly share your Mac or Windows computer screen to a larger display without the need for cables and adapters.

Work for AirParrot?

Showing 17 AirParrot reviews
AirParrot review by <span>Sandro M.</span>
Sandro M.

It's OK I guess

What do you like best?

It works out of the box most of the time so yeah there u go.

What do you dislike?

Having now gone through Mavericks, Yosemite, and finally (for the moment) El Capitan, my results are still mixed. My Macbook Pro max'ed out with 16 GB RAM can sort of get a good transmission from a copy onboard. If I have to stream an item (as with Netflix), forget about it. It staggers. On my Macbook Air (2010), there's no way this will work with a streaming source. Also, I use Boom for sound amplification. AirParrot seems unable to send the sound to the Apple TV 3 and the TV. Best bet: buy a new or recent Macbook Pro or Air and use the native Airplay with Apple TV 3 or 4.. AirParrot 2.2.1 is now only for older Macs.

I use it quite often for presentations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AirParrot
AirParrot review by <span>Kevin K.</span>
Kevin K.

Excellent multi-platform mirroring software - well worth enterprise cost

What do you like best?

I like how the software seamlessly connects mac, windows, and chrome devices - while all being able to either mirror or extend the desktop of the current user.

What do you dislike?

If you have a big network with conference machines segmented off into VLANs you might have some issues with devices being detected but other than that I've loved what I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how your current network is setup in relation to airparrot - it's most likely going to work on any front you have

Being able to adapt to the current user's device - meaning we specifically don't need an apple tv, or airplay, or any combination of software, we're able to knock out everything with AirParrot

What Web Conferencing solution do you use?

AirParrot review by <span>DJ K.</span>
DJ K.

use for screen sharing pc to apple tv

What do you like best?

It does a great job for sharing a pc to an apple tv - great for presentations

What do you dislike?

It can be delayed on the audio at times, but I don't use the audio as much as this visual

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are using a PC and would like to get this on a screen via apple tv without cords - this is awesome

sharing presentations on a larger screen

AirParrot review by User in Banking
User in Banking

AirParrot for Work

What do you like best?

AirParrot is easy to use once you have it installed on your computer and paired with the TVs in your workplace. I can show up in any conference room and it's ready to go!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the AirParrot application takes a while to open or doesn't open at all. This might just be an issue for me since I have an old laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget to disconnect before you leave your meeting or else everyone will continue to see your laptop screen and all that you do!!

We need to do lots of screen sharing in our meetings, and not having to deal with cords to connect to the TVs is awesome, especially because everyone has different types of laptops and tablets.

AirParrot review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

Cheap and Easy

What do you like best?

We've used airparrot to mirror both Mac and Windows computers to our flat screen TV.

The great thing about airparrot is that you can have a solution that works on different operative systems, something you cannot accomplish on most wireless dongles etc.

The price point was really great.

Easy to get started with and use

Great for powerpoints etc.

What do you dislike?

We display a lot of video content, which can get a bit choppy.

Sometimes there's a bit of lag between host and mirror device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do test it before using. There's a lot of variables, such as your own Wi-Fi connection.

Testing it will ensure that you'll know whether it will solve your specific scenario problem.

During testing, we found some types of video uses lacking, while others were incredible smooth. They have a free trial, so just go ahead and give it a shot.

We wanted a solution for our conference tv's that could mirror both our macs and windows without adapters. We've accomplished this to some degree.

AirParrot review by <span>Cameron B.</span>
Cameron B.

Great, cheap way to do screen mirroring

What do you like best?

As Apple has expanded AirPlay, and added QuickTime screen recording, etc, this product has become less necessary. But for a long time, it was the best way to mirror an iPhone onto a Mac for recording, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it serves a single purpose, and do that job well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickTime services much of the same purpose now for my use case, which is recording app videos for product demonstrations. So if your use case matches mine, it's probably less valuable now.

We had a couple promotional videos we did a couple years back, and used AirParrot to do some detailed video recording of the app in action, and it used gyroscope/accelerameter, that are tough to mimic in a simulator.

Learning about AirParrot?

* We monitor all AirParrot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.