Airtable

Airtable

4.7

Airtable is the all-in-one collaboration platform designed to combine the flexibility of a spreadsheet interface with features like file attachments, kanban card stacks, revision history, calendars and reporting.

Work for Airtable?

Learning about Airtable?

Airtable Reviews

Ask Airtable a Question
Showing 389 Airtable reviews
Airtable review by Milan W.
Milan W.

"Very simple and secure program."

What do you like best?

Using this platform I can organize our work in a very easy way. I like that platform because we can work more cooperation for individual projects and group of all style. The very useful platform which helps us to use this product for coordinate launches, plan new features, settle research, and stay on the one page.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I'm not complaining about that product. I really like all working process. Every step going well. Till now everything is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Airtable is wonderful software which easies to use. You will have the ability to coordinate, plan new features, organize explore. Ideas become reality quicker with this software.

With this platform, we use it for all generally projects and were able to make the exact working process and appearance we needed via the team. We can get a much more concrete snapshot of our working group, enabling us to staff people to the right projects and giving them excellent ability to increase.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Airtable
Airtable review by Asher M.
Asher M.

"Easiest data relation and visualization on the market, for the non-technical"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly visualize data in a meaningful way without fiddling for hours in excel or having a good amount of experience with software like Tableau or the like. It's also incredibly easy to organize data in a way that is cohesive and sensible without being too overwhelming.

What do you dislike?

You can go too crazy. If this is your first time working in a simple relational database, the moment that it clicks, you can't help but think that literally every bit of data you have can relate to another in some needlessly complicated way. It's very, very easy to fall down the rabbit hole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that it's important to manage the scope of your project. Don't go too crazy relating tables and don't spend too much time creating blocks. If it isn't simple, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

We use airtable for production scheduling, asset management, and planning. We also use it to expose research data to other teams in our organization so that it's clear why my team is making the decisions that we're making.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Airtable review by Chuck F.
Chuck F.

"The very easy way to control anything that you need."

What do you like best?

The better and faster way to work from anywhere and with everyone. I can make my daily routine makes much organize. Very comfortable that I can easy to edit, comment, and cooperate in online with our mobile and desktop apps. Also, I would like to add that all changes are directly synced via everyone’s devices.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad comments about that product. As for me, I like all working process with adding and tracking system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely good software. That program will allow you to have to filter and sort a lot of work needs. You will have all arrange at working steps how you wanted. Also, you will have the opportunity to work and monitor all process from any place where you are can be.

We are very glad that using Airtable. With this platform, we have a strong help which always gives to us the ability to handle any content. We can add attachments, a small flag, long text message or links to documentation in another spreadsheet. We guess that we have everything that we need for productive work.

Airtable review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"Global Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Working across two continents (US and Africa), Airtable has simplified our team's workflow. Trying to manage our project via email had become burdensome and was truly untenable in terms of reviewing and editing draft documents. This has allowed our team the ability to complete tasks more quickly and avoid the "lost in email" problem that is so common in team projects.

What do you dislike?

For the type of non-profit work we are doing, I would have preferred to save a bit of money by upgrading to the Plus plan (with educational discount), but we decided to pay the additional cost for the Pro plan. Ultimately, I am glad we did, but in the realm of global education, it is important to manage costs. The Pro plan's features certainly are powerful and worth the additional expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just jump right in and try it. You will be amazed at the ease of use. Watch the tutorials--they are great.

Improved time management!!! All team members are accountable and engaged.

Airtable review by Jerry L.
Jerry L.

"Great for Managing Data and Collaborating with Teams"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up and the UI is clean and simple. It's very easy to import and add data, modify, and manipulate to better analyze your information. The ability to name different views, share them publicly, or add collaborators is extremely useful. Also, exporting or printing the result is simple as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to link cells/rows to other databases (not just tables in the same database). The workaround is to copy and paste data (or use a linking app like Zapier), but it seems like a simple solution to allow sources from other databases. Additionally, it would be nice to have cell linking WITH a filter based on the data in another cell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the trial effectively - think and plan out your data fields to get the most out of the trial time. But other than using it to it's max, Airtable is pretty useful and easy to manipulate.

I manage over 100 adjunct faculty for a top tier University business program. It was much easier to manage the faculty contact information, courses they teach, and to set up the schedule by manipulating and linking the data. I was then able to share that information with the public and was confident of having all of my data in one location.

Airtable review by Tom H.
Tom H.

"Airtable - Wonderful collaboration tool!"

What do you like best?

Picture storage is amazing! Great collaboration tool. There is an awesome Airtable to GSheets app that auto-dumps your data into GSheets every hour.

What do you dislike?

Not enough permission levels. Should be able to set permissions on tabs within a base as opposed to the permissions at the base level. No internal reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking to see how familiar your staff is with using grid based spreadsheet programs like Excel or Google Sheets before moving over to Airtable. We had quite a few staff members who were not as technically capable as we thought they were and thus required extra training before they were ready to use the tool in the field.

Field validation. Although copy and pasting into a lookup field allows users to add additional options to a dropdown, which is not ideal. Cuts out the middleman--we no longer have to send data reports to someone to enter into a Google sheet. Field staff now enters data directly into Airtable.

Airtable review by Joel A.
Joel A.

"Dynamic and Intuitive with Endless Uses"

What do you like best?

I have been using Airtable for at least the past 5 years for many different professional and personal applications, including project management, inventory management, contact management, and cataloging. I absolutely love the versatility and collaborative features, especially the ability to create different views of a table with their own websites that you can tailor to the needs of your audience. Also, they're always adding great new features. It's my favorite and most recommended web application for some time now.

What do you dislike?

There are just a few features that I'd love to see incorporated here and there, including a Gantt chart view and a simple checklist for smaller subtasks in the longer text field. But there's nothing major that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch all the demo videos and start with a few different templates to get a sense of all of the different ways it can be used.

Tracking projects and tasks in a simple and intuitive way that non-savvy users can learn quickly. The comments feature makes it possible to get quick status updates from team members without having to give them edit access.

Airtable review by Douglass C.
Douglass C.

"The easy an online database app that gives the fast way to go forward."

What do you like best?

I guess that it is a powerful working platform. I like that I have all my information in one place. I like that in my hands the fast and organized tools which allows me to react faster.

What do you dislike?

The program is not bad but will be nice to have a faster speed. Will be better to make our tracking faster. Generally, the software is the useful and big helper. The problem with the speed doesn't give a rights to stop to use that platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to you. It is powerful working tools which will help you to create and work more effective and productive for your company. The software is easy to use and manage. Definitely, you will forget about working mess.

We can make our working steps are organized. Gives to us a better way of communication with customers. Also, we can cooperate and work together on one idea or subject which is really productive. After that we know that it is will be effective and done in right time for us.

Airtable review by David H.
David H.

"Fantastic Tool for Collaboration and Project Management"

What do you like best?

Airtable is like Google Sheets on steroids! I love the ability to clearly manage our internal processes as we review applications, layout project timelines, and track progress throughout. The platform is very user friendly and has a ton of great features.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that you can't embed an editable sheet on a webpage. We do a lot of reviewing of products, and it would be ideal to be able to limit readers to specific views and not give them access to the full base. We've had to utilize outside software to complete this task, which isn't ideal, but it is still very strong otherwise.

As a nonprofit arts organization with a good deal of programming, we rely on Airtable to aid in project review and management. We accept nearly 500 submissions through Airtable, and have readers review those projects. Once selected, we utilize Airtable to aid in the planning and execution process, as well as tracking internal goals and objectives.

Airtable review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"A Gamechanger & Dynamic Relational Database App for the Spreadsheet-Challenged"

What do you like best?

Airtable has been a true game-changer! I've long been looking for a way to cross-link/cross-reference information and be able to quickly, easily, and dynamically "visualize" the same information in a variety of ways. For someone incredibly inept at Excel, Sheets, and virtually any spreadsheet, I've been able to dive into Airtable and create rather complex databases, complete with formulas, and even with multiple Zapier connections! As a startup nonprofit with a small budget and even smaller person-power, Airtable has been revolutionary.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the most inconvenient aspect is the inability to work offline, as with something like Notion. There are some limitations, such as cross-referencing other bases, or moving entire tables between bases, as well as with some cross-connection capabilities and formulas. The UI for expanded records is also visually confusing at times/not easy to read/navigate. Notifications are also a bit basic and can become overwhelming and hard to manage if there are multiple members on multiple bases communicating. I'd love to see the team communication become more dynamic as then it would make task-based project management far more of a possibility. But the Airtable is nothing if not determined to consistently update and improve the application—I have no doubt they will continue to expand features and functionality.

Everything from using a base for an entire employee hiring process, from embdeded application form, to additional survey submission steps, evaluation, and more, to donor management, project management, data collection and processing, digital media organization, and more. Airtable has even helped with processing information that will end up outside of the app itself—if someone needs spreadsheet-based information from me, but require the end product be in Sheets or Excel, I pull it all into Airtable first, process it with formulas, cross-relations and everything Airtable makes SO much easier, then export it out! :) As a very small (like one person small) startup nonprofit, Airtable has made the compiling and processing of large amounts of information possible and far more labor-intensive than any other method, platform or application. And when the workload of an organization is way above its person-power, every minute counts!

Airtable review by Víctor S.
Víctor S.

"Really functional and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The Kanban design is really helpful in our daily operations. We can see the detail of each concept and move it easily from one step or process to another. As well, the link of fields between tables makes information look more organized and synthetized.

What do you dislike?

We cannot link data from one base to another. We need to process and update some data manually in several bases; it would be great if we could do this automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend it. It’s really easy to use, everything is on real time and you can organize your information in several ways according to your needs and preferences. Also, Airtable uses lots of colors, which makes easier to recognize the information and process it.

Our business operation is increasing, due to this we are migrating our operation to Airtable. We have our order and fulfillment operations, where our suppliers are in contact with us; everything on real time. There we can make comments about an order or something specific. We also have a CRM, clients database, suppliers database, among others.

Airtable review by Avantika S.
Avantika S.

"Simple, Fast and Well Thought Out "

What do you like best?

Airtable is simple to use and is a great platform for team collaboration. Having multiple view options under each base works great to adapt to the needs of each team member. There are also many templates available under the template library and this is very helpful to guide us in creating helpful systems.

What do you dislike?

We are still learning the details of using airtable, so that we can use it to its full potential. We have been using the free version and the only complain is that the free version doesn't provide for a lot of storage space. We are moving to the pro however and hopefully this will solve the problem!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind what you are using it for and how many people will need access to the product

Streamlining communication, managing deadline, keeping in track of projects are all things that we have been able to improve with Airtable

Airtable review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Excellent Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

I most appreciate the versatility of Airtable. I can use it to collect and configure data from multiple projects in ways that are easy to share with others. I love the multiple levels of accessibility for various users.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I would like to add, such as the ability to cap form submissions at a certain number, but overall I'm very happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage people considering Airtable to look at the example bases that Airtable and it's users have created. It's pretty easy to customize a base to fit your specific needs, and then eventually to create your own bases from scratch. There is also a wealth of information in the community forums, so this is a great place to go for tips.

Airtable has helped us be able to store our data in a way that makes sense and is easy to manage. It allows us to bring in multiple people as needed, and to collaborate efficiently.

Airtable review by Dominique M.
Dominique M.

"Easy to use online database with great mobile integration"

What do you like best?

I maintain a private not for profit library open mainly to researchers. I'm using Airtable for keeping track of the books we have and the ones we are looking for. I wanted to leave Filemaker for various reasons and quickly realized that Airtable was the solution I was looking for. Very easy to set up and use if you have even a little experience with spreadsheets and databases. Great integration with mobiles (iPad and iPhone) and also very easy to transfer records, or just some fields, back and forth to another app if necessary.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike in all cloud-based software is that there is no way to work offline. What do I do if my internet connection is down, or if I'm away somewhere with no connection? There are other shortcomings but I haven't used it enough to be sure it's not something that does exist but that I missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using a spreadsheet like Excel or Numbers as a sort of substitute for a real database because you're afraid it will be too hard and time-consuming to get the real thing you actually need, then Airtable may be the solution you're looking for. Looks like a spreadsheet (something you already know) and acts like a database (what you actually need). And it supports teams which may be something you need, but I can't say much about that because here, I'm the only user who needs full access. Others can access the data in a "read-only" mode, which is, in fact, what I want.

I can very easily see the status of a book, either at the office or in a bookstore or elsewhere. The main problem I've solved is being able to easily access the data on mobile or on another computer.

Airtable review by Jack D.
Jack D.

"Using Airtable to track community partner relationships, activities, communications"

What do you like best?

My team spent over a month researching our options for an affordable database solution for our college to track relationships, activities, and communications between our community partners and student/faculty courses and projects. We selected Airtable because we can easily customize the database to do exactly what we want, rather than other pre-packaged CRM tools that did not fit our needs.

What do you dislike?

Airtable has met our long list of needs, but we're still figuring out a few items. For example, we know how to create pivot tables using the blocks feature inside the Pro version, but we have not yet learned how to cleanly export the pivot table results (other than copy and paste). Maybe it's possible, but this is one area where we could not find an answer in the otherwise rich documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, list your organizational and data needs. Second, try out different tools and compare how well they fit your needs.

Airtable provided a flexible, collaborative relational database framework that is relatively easy to set up and train others to use, as long as you have a clear idea of what you wish to accomplish.

Airtable review by Nadia M.
Nadia M.

"Awesome team collaboration & organization software"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, straightforward interface, easy to customize, collaborate with team members and export data. It makes working on multiple projects so easy and organized. The ability to customize any base is also key - it's easy to organize different projects in a seamless manner that anyone can understand. I'm able to either add a collaborator or export the information I compile to share with others that are not Airtable users. Also, the pre-populated templates are extremely helpful - I've used a bunch of these already to help me keep different tasks/projects organized in their own 'base' but accessible on the same platform.

What do you dislike?

Because it includes everything you need to organize/collaborate, there's a lot to learn, but again - very straightforward and easy to learn.....and you don't need to be an expert coder or tech guru!!! It just takes time to learn the features, but with practice, you'll learn in no time. Also, the language is simple and easy to understand unlike some other platforms that are not easy to utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're tired of using 1,000 spreadsheets to record information, plan, collaborate, organize, etc...Airtable is worth the investment and will make task/project management & team collaboration MUCH easier!

Disorganization, multiple platforms for team collaboration. Airtable provides a perfect solution to reduce time spent on updating/syncing files, miscommunication throughout teams, and chaos of working on multiple projects at once.

Airtable review by Cassandra B.
Cassandra B.

"The perfect project management system!"

What do you like best?

Finally, a project management system that fulfills ALL our department needs! The platform is very easy to use and even easier to customize for each individual project's needs. We love the many view types each base can have; allowing each team member to view/digest project information in whatever makes the most sense to their brain. The extensive library of templates is very helpful for having a frame of reference for what the templates capacity is and/or inspiration of how to best lay out information for varying project types. It's extremely helpful that we can attach documents to individual tasks within a base to keep specific items together in one place. The color coding functionality is a huge time saver when trying to quickly identify tasks or project holes that need to be addressed from a macro view point. There is ample training modules on different functions/views/templates etc to ensure you are able to utilize the platforms full-functionality to increase organization of information and efficiency of your team. We're very impressed with the AirTable platform and look forward to using it as our team continues to expand.

What do you dislike?

We tested out numerous platforms but none had multiple features and views that met the needs of our full team like AirTable does. The platform itself has an extensive amount of features which can be overwhelming at first glance. We're still learning the full capacity of the platform but foresee it being an easy and quick adjustment for our entire department.

Efficient communication, organization of information, maintaining and updating timelines/deadlines. Our department wears many diverse "hats" and are in need of a platform that is both flexible and robust in its ability to retain, organize, and highlight information in different capacities for all team members involved. We've created multiple bases to manage our various department responsibilities, ranging from a content calendar for social media/digital communications; a graphic design queue for all marketing initiatives; grant application timelines/scope; special event logistics and budgeting; marketing material requests from other departments; and plan to continue to create bases for each of our initiatives.

Airtable review by Derek F.
Derek F.

"Airtable has helped us streamline and organise our data in a completely new way"

What do you like best?

We were maintaining a number of spreadsheets of largely the same data for separate user groups, and it was a lot of maintenance to ensure each spreadsheet was synchronised whenever changes occurred.With Airtable we have one pool of data with many views. This was essentially the feature we were looking for and Airtable has meet and exceeded those requirements. In addition, we've been able to do much better analysis of our data and improve the efficiency of our data entry and the breadth of data we accumulate.

What do you dislike?

There are a few limitations, such as no median aggregation of lookup fields, but the support team has been helpful in showing us workarounds while features are being worked on.

We operate the largest online directory of homeless services in San Francisco. A primary challenge we face is maintaining accurate data about these services and their providers, as services and the way to access the services is continually changing. We use volunteers to crowd source this content during workshops but, until now, it's been challenging visualising and analysing the large quantity of data that we receive during the workshops. Now with Airtable it's much easier to perform gap analysis and other data analysis to understand where data is missing or needs improvement. With this kind of analysis we can go to our partners and share with them this important information in much more visually interesting ways than basic spreadsheets, and best of all we can do it all with a single application.

Airtable review by Hannah .
Hannah .

"Tool to track anything and everything"

What do you like best?

It's so flexible for data tracking. You create your own database exactly the way you want it. You don't have to know code. I have been able to use it to track blog posts, reading lists, special projects, and everything in between. Plus, they have tons of pre-made templates to jumpstart your project. You can also view all the multiple uses of other users on the Airtable Universe. If you haven't thought how you will use Airtable yet, you will come up with multiple ideas browsing through the templates and Universe.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone and Android apps are way behind in terms of development. You cannot see multiple types of views for what you already have setup on the web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try. Go check out the ready made templates from Airtable or look at Airtable Universe. You will find so many different uses, both for business and personal.

I have been able to track Blog posts information such as due dates, topics, post images, and authors. I have also been able to use it to track meeting dates and display them on my website by embedding the Airtable 'base'. All I have to do is update the base and it automatically shows on my website. I'm also using it to keep track of proposals for funding. I am able to keep track of every single detail I want such as proposal name, the actual proposal document, proposal due date, proposal amount, status, and program the funding will be used for.

Airtable review by Cristina G.
Cristina G.

"Excellent visual platform for "boring" data"

What do you like best?

The visual elements of airtable make it easy for me to get people excited about spreadsheets. My team is engaged in a way that they were not with Excel or Google. I love the secret link function which allows me to share what data I want with each manager, so that they don't have to slog through item after item of data that is not relevant to them.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could link two distinct bases. Some info is best kept discreet, but there are instances where linking would allow me to remove some manual processes. We have built a based to manage budgets and spending and it would be great if my budget plan base could "talk to" my budget tracking base. I feel that putting all of these tabs in one base will make it difficult for my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of the really desirable features are pay features. Do your research and consider your needs before switching as there is a cost - however I feel it is worth the cost for our organization.

Airtable allows me to track budget expenditures with a varied group of managers and support staff. We can develop reports in a visual way that is easy for the managers to read and removes duplicative processes that were necessary when using other software.

Airtable review by Alida L.
Alida L.

"Great tool for inventory & asset management"

What do you like best?

The ability to create forms that are automatically added to the database, the attachment capabilities (at a decent price for file storage), saving various views, and cross-referencing different bases. Right now, we're strictly using it as an informational database, not a working collaboration or task management, but I can see the uses growing as we discover more about the product.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only thing I've tried that I can't do is linking fields across different workspaces. That would be super helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to get started with right out of the box, but I'm sure we haven't even scratched the surface of its abilities yet. So far, we're pleased; I'd recommend taking a look at the sample bases provided by AirTable to see what some of the functions are.

This is the first product I've found that can handle our 3500+ song music library with attachments for a reasonable price and full features. We are constantly discovering new uses for AirTable to help manage events, tracking for grant applications, and managing our assets (such as costume inventory, music library, etc). Right now, we're in the process of transferring our various databases from spreadsheets to AirTable, and the various functions that are as easy as a spreadsheet to edit, but much more robust to use, are great. Things like read-only users, version history, and the many options for field types and saved views are real assets.

Airtable review by Claudia F.
Claudia F.

"Allow easy customization with high flexibility on how you want to share your online database "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to build your own online, relational database from scratch with AirTable and you can make changes on-the-fly. My review is based on past experiences with desktop MS Access, Access Web-app (which is going to be retired), and linking back-end SharePoint list with desktop Access for front-end user data entry. AirTable offers a much easier cloud-based solution than MS Excel and Access.

What do you dislike?

AirTable gives the owner lots of options about how you want to share your tables and databases. While these many options may be useful for some people, I think it is a little too complicated (unnecessary) for people working on smaller project or with small team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply create a free account and try it. It is very easy to use. I don't even need to contact their support for help.

I'm trying to build a relational database to keep track of measurable data over a 3-year project. If I use Excel (which can be shared using OneDrive), I end up needing multiple sheets and files. My co-workers find it difficult to keep track of data nicely in one place. If I use Access, it doesn't really allow easy collaboration and not many people in my team are familiar with Access. AirTable is a much user-friendly option.

Airtable review by Ruth B.
Ruth B.

"Airtabel is a software with a lot of possibilities!"

What do you like best?

From the first day we start using Airtable we loved it!

It’s such a great and easy program to use and to work with! We are a non- profit organisation and every year we advice more than 500 job seekers. All the clients information has to be stored in one place and all the colleagues must have access to consult those files. We put all relevant information but we can also attach existing documents to the clients file. Airtable is the best working platform we have used. It makes a good team collaboration possible as we are able to organize everything in one program. Another benefit of using Airtable is the access to our data from your smartphone. Especially our job hunters use it when they meet potential employers who need to have detailed information on our job seekers. They’re is also a possibility’s to share files with external partners.

What do you dislike?

At the moment we don’t have anything we dislike on Airtable. We are learning how to work with it and we are enjoying it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thanks to a consultant we heard about it and we are grateful that he showed us Airtable. And now it’s a pleasure for us to recommend you Airtable as a great program. It’s an all in one product that can bring your company to a next level. After learning how to work with it you can take all the benefits of it. Airtabel is a software with a lot of possibilities. We are not yet using all the different modules. You can start with what is most interesting for your organisation and expand it step by step.

We have 13 persons working in our team. Now we can all work in one program, store clients information, attach external files, consult each other files and also share some information if needed with external partners. The biggest gain is that we do not have to mail each other all the time files and information. Before, information got lost, people used not the latest version of the document and it took a lot of time and energy to find all the information relevant to the client when he/she came for a consult. It's such a big advantage for us.

Airtable review by Peter H.
Peter H.

"So Close to a Perfect Database Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

I love having an easy to use cloud-based database. I love the various viewing options - it can be like Trello on steroids. I love how easy it is to collaborate and store data and doesn't require a ton of training to understand or use.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is that despite being called a database, it still doesn't have the most compelling features of a relational database. You can't connect workspaces and the connections between tables within a workspace are pretty limited. Not being able to connect workspaces makes it hard to control which data is shared with different people and keeping workspaces clean. The lack of relational ability limits how useful and dynamic the data is. I also wish the filters were more robust. I would absolutely love even simply BI tools that could easily layer on top of the data and have everything in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep in mind that it is not a true relational database, yet (I hope!). It is great for lots of uses, but certainly not everything.

We use Airtable to store all of the info on our team members and manage all of our internal projects. It is great because I'm able to easily tie team members to individual projects and see what projects team members have done. I wish I could also create fields that filtered out old vs. current projects, but maybe someday. They constantly add new features, so I'm really crossing my fingers that they address my issues eventually.

Airtable review by Luis R.
Luis R.

"Simple yet Robust for most in-house solutions..."

What do you like best?

Ease of entry to start using the platform. Great set of tools to start building out everyday solutions at your work. After a while almost anything can be imagined on the platform. Working for a non-profit that can't afford larger platform databases this has been fun to work with.

Collaboration has worked smoothly compared to other platforms we have used. We were able to bring in interns at our Agency this summer and get them into several of our bases with ease, and were able to check on their work real time.

Nice workspace that allows a team to sandbox their ideas and get instant feedback and help from others.

What do you dislike?

There are still some missing data structures that would really make this thing shine for the price and features. My first thought is digital signatures for forms. I did send message to help desk so will see their reply on the matter. My Agency just ok'd a subscription from the free so maybe I may find better tools in the blocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into your workflows and single out excel files that are keeping track of information. Now throw those at Airtable just to get your feet wet and see how much better it manages that data. Ease of web access, filters, sorts, etc.

Start small and then let your imagination go from there. I have dabbled in Airtable for several years and now and the feature set keeps improving.

We have and are still working on asset inventory, print toner inventory tracking, IT dept. purchases, and have been currently working on converting several Agency forms into Airtable forms to better keep track with underlying database capture.

Airtable review by Zack M.
Zack M.

"The single best tool I've come across"

What do you like best?

Airtable is friendly and highly functional, easy-to-use but deceptively powerful. I work with young people, and they have no problem understanding the system. But at the same time, Airtable has ingenious calendar tools; a "why didn't 'they' think of that before" auto-integration of sheets, forms, Kanban (Trello) boards, and galleries; and integrations with other apps both in-app and via Zapier. It's everything we need to run our nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

Airtable still has a little ways to go, especially re: user permissions and data validation. Fine tuning base access, and creating folders of bases, is still out of reach. And views need to be lockable, so that myself and other staff don't inadvertently change complex filter setups. And data validation tools on dropdown lists should be a no-brainer, since accidentally manually adding an item to a multiple-choice field is just too easy. But overall—Airtable is excellent, and has gotten demonstrably better every month since we began using it about 6 months ago. I trust it will keep improving!

We're using Airtable to manage all aspects of our nonprofit, from tracking clients, staff, and partners, to building grant and media production calendars, to creating openly accessible tables for volunteer and Board involvement. It's solved almost all our organizational challenges.

Airtable review by Sergio R.
Sergio R.

"More than you see at first sight"

What do you like best?

At first sight, you see a solution for real states vendors. A lot of colours. But when you try it, the first surprise is the ease of implementation.

The second surprise is Blocks. There a lot of needs when you work with hardware like bar scanners or label printers. With Blocks, you can find workarounds to avoid developments.

The multiplatform capacity and the mobile apps allow using Airtable in different environments.

What do you dislike?

Almost the important issues of Airtable are related to user interface/experience. For example, not there is any way to prevent the creation of records accidentally when you work in Grid view.

The lack of an autonumber option that backs to next value when you delete the last record created accidentally.

No there are professional solutions to export bases.

Blocks are a game changer on Airtable, but they need more development.

The file upload from Google Drive is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airtable, at first sight, seems a solution for non-professional customers. But just try it. Is a really professional tool for a lot of needs in a company.

You can use Airtable to mockup solutions. But is probable that a lot of mockups will transform in final products without leave Airtable.

Airtable allows resolving urgent needs related to databases solutions.

Any user with experience on spreadsheets can create a solution without waste time explaining the problem to a developer.

The benefits are the excellent use of time.

Airtable review by Stacy S.
Stacy S.

"A revolutionary product for any management or organizational needs!"

What do you like best?

I love how Airtable makes database use easy for the everyday consumer. I am not a tech savvy person so Airtable gives me the power and features of Microsoft Access but no need for the expertise. I can organize any type of information using Airtable. I use the Pro version for my non-profit business but also have a basic account for my own needs. I have organized my book collection, done personal budgeting, and organized digital media and documents. For the product to be free for people to use I am shocked that it has not caught on like wildfire. I can tell that Airtable is only going to get more powerful from here. I can think of a ton of different applications and additions they can make and I am sure they are already in the works. Hop on this train now and be there for the awesome evolution that is to come. I try to tell everyone about this product.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about the platform. I am looking forward to the growth of the business and the additional Blocks (i.e. integrations). I think that if I had to say anything was a dislike, it would be the price. But as a small non-profit we are always looking for ways to save money for direct service use. The price is not a deal breaker though. I can't imagine living without Airtable at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no reason to hesitate. Just try it out, the basic plans are free and still give you a great taste of what you can do and get out of the product. Depending on the purpose of your use you may never event need a paid version of the product.

Airtable gives my non-profit organization a way to organize all of our information, plan upcoming events, and communicate with our volunteers in a seamless way using some great Blocks (i.e. Twilio). We can get information seamlessly using their form capabilities which is helpful when gathering all types of information.

Airtable review by Melinda G.
Melinda G.

"Great product for team collaboration."

What do you like best?

The Airtable platform allows us to organize and streamline work that was previously done in multiple products. It's easy to use, intuitive, and offers many templates for our team to customize. I am also very excited to use many of the available integrations with products, such as Wordpress and Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

I really enjoy using Airtable. I haven't found anything to dislike yet. I would love to see a few more project management tools, such as the ability to use gantt charts within the product. I'd also like to be able to link records across bases, and to be able to assemble a "dashboard" using blocks (across bases)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airtable is easy to use. There are many sample bases available, as well as many templates. I recommend taking the time up front to explore the options and a number of templates.

Airtable will allow us to better collaborate as a team. It is also helping us gain efficiencies by streamlining our software tools. The visual, drag-and-drop project tracking will help our group more easily track and report on their projects.

Airtable review by Luann J.
Luann J.

"Powerful product, great price"

What do you like best?

I started out using Airtable as a glorified spreadsheet and have slowly added functionality. I know it has a lot more power than I'm currently making use of, or even have time to learn about (see the next comments...). But I'm gradually replacing Excel as my go-to information management system. Most of what I need to track I can do at the free level, and once I got enough data in one workspace that I had to start paying for it, I was glad to. I run a very small non-profit, so the cost is minimal to us.

What do you dislike?

I know I could be using Airtable a lot more powerfully, but I don't find how to do that to be intuitive. The last time I built a database was about 20 years ago, in Microsoft Access. Things have changed since then, and I'm rusty. Although there are plenty of training options, I find that limited time keeps me limping along with my old systems rather than fully digging into Airtable's capacities. I wish I had a weekend that I could just geek out and learn everything Airtable can do, but, alas....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn enough about Airtable to set it up the way you need it the first time.

CRM and project management. Being able to integrate with MailChimp is great.

Airtable review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Great data management tool for field research and sales"

What do you like best?

Our team was previously using Google Sheets to enter client contact data and track sales activities. When scaled to 5 sales members, this became a mess - so many misspellings and differently formatted dates, etc. Airtable is super useful to help us standardize much of our data entry through fields like single and multiple select. It was also really easy to link these records - just format the field and copy/paste the unique ID. The calendar view option has also been great to see our daily operations and the upcoming tasks scheduled.

What do you dislike?

Airtable is great, but still relatively new and I'm sure many things are under development. The key missing feature is the ability to separate data which can be viewed by managers and individual field agents. We'd like to have 1 database which can be used by managers to see all sales' agents data in one place; however, to do this, the sales agents will all have access to each other's data (not preferred from a data security standpoint). Our only option is to create separate databases for each sales person and then manually copy/paste the data into a new workbook. (Note: A Zapier integration can be used to automatically add new entries from one workbook into a master workbook - but it only works for NEW entries and will not update existing records.)

The other key feature missing for us is offline capability, which is essential for rural areas anywhere in the world (including the US).

Our data was previously too difficult to manage and we had limited ability to summarize and analyze for the big picture. Our individual users also had difficulty finding linked records, which limited their ability to use the data they had already entered. Our sales executives are now saying this is really easy to use and they're finding new ways to manage their client visits. At the management level, we're seeing fuller and better quality data and excited about all of the new possibilities to see the data.

Airtable review by Heather B.
Heather B.

"Great Database, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I took over as the statewide secretary for a fraternal organization that was previously using an old version of Access to manage it's database of members. Airtable was huge step forward over what we were using before and was much easier to understand and use for someone who needed to teach themselves about relational databases as they went along. I love that there is an app for access on my phone, that I can embed information in our website so that it updates automatically with changes in our database, and that I can selectively share parts of the database with those who need to look at the information.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, at this point, nothing. I'm still learning all of the different ways I can use AirTable to make our data more useful and efficient.

Efficiency! Prior to AirTable my predecessor was keeping multiple Excel files to track information along with the membership data in an Access database. Everytime a change needed to be made you needed to alter the Access file, 2 Excel files, and update the website. Now it is all done in one update of our AirTable base.

Airtable review by Ruth M.
Ruth M.

"Airtable allows creative collaboration for organizing my events!"

What do you like best?

Team Collaboration, Phone app functionality, Non-intimidating appearance, Share-able views, Subscription links for calendar views, History Snapshots, Undo function, Customer Service

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit form views in phone app, and I would like to see more ease of use in the new Page Designer block (it looks lovely but I find it slow to edit and create.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge there is no better way to organize your data in related tabs with such a high level of phone functionality. For smaller files/groups it is often free but watch out for the pricing when you include lots of users/data. Even in those cases it's priced competitively for the amount of functionality and support offered. In describing it to others (who usually rely on the separate worlds of their Google docs/sheets/calendar) I first point out that Airtable is able to connect spreadsheet records with calendar dates and dynamically-filled PDF docs. And it's pretty and fun to use!

I have used Airtable to seamlessly evaluate 150 showcase applicants and organize them into 30 time-slots (with one collaborator in NYC, one in Nashville, and another on tour in Europe!) It was fantastic to be able to message each-other on any specific record. I love the new Page Designer block that allows me to create contracts and day sheets. I have created different personnel-specific calendars for my events and shared those filtered calendars with each person via iCal/Google calendars. This feature is a life-saver for keeping folks on the same page.

Airtable review by Duane C.
Duane C.

"Airtable has allowed distributing key information to team members quickly, paperless and saved time."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to embed pdf files AND link records. Additionally, the ability to switch between grid and calendar view has been very helpful

What do you dislike?

There are two areas i see that would improve our users. 1) the calendar view features are not yet available to iOS (our android uses love it). 2) it would be helpful to have additional advanced calendar features to include repeating and recurring dates (like in Outlook) to be controlled in a single record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any spreadsheet or database, plan your fields and record linking in order to take full advantage of the spreadsheet and database features Airtable has.

Our office manages the after-hours use of facilities (8 sites) for a school district. Airtable gives us ability to maintain a calendar of facility uses, schedule employees, pull up pdf of actual contract, and track insurance expiration. This has allowed us to consolidate paperwork, quickly communicating and accessing documents in the filed, and become more efficient in using available technology.

Airtable review by Marcelo R.
Marcelo R.

"Airtable's quick and simple deployment was a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

1) Very rapid deployment; 2) Powerful alternative to Google Sheets; 3) Incredibly easy to use. Airtable is a huge step-up from the single dimension of Google Sheets. It saved our volunteer-run non-profit serving many low-income youth from imploding during a very busy time.

What do you dislike?

We are still learning Airtable's, so some of these may simply be items we haven't yet discovered. 1) For our needs, a mail-merge integration (such as YAMM on Google Sheets) would be very useful (we'd like to not use GS altogether); 2) Need to format colors, fonts, etc. on a per-cell, per column, or per-row basis; 3) Would love to set and limit the options on Single Select from items on a separate table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can use Google Sheets, Airtable is a snap.

1) Facilitating team collaboration; 2) Works very well with other cloud-based apps using Zapier; 3) Been using primarily as a database, but project management and other features will come in very handy.

Airtable review by Nasrin B.
Nasrin B.

"Perfect one-stop shop"

What do you like best?

Can't really just pick one thing. I love the versatility for whatever I need to organize, whether it's planning an event, managing a content calendar, or a research log. I love the ability to include photos right in the cell. I love the sort and group functions , and the multiple views! So many, many ways to manipulate and view all the same data!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out as a problem. Would love to have the ability to link between bases, so we can really create a centralized database for some of our uses but definitely can live without.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to become familiar with the application because there is a lot of useful tools packed inside of it. The more you learn about it the more useful it can be for your company as a whole. There can be a learning curve in the beginning but just keep playing with it. Setting up the bases will really help you clarify what kind of data you're collecting and why.

Project management

Event planning

Asset/resource sharing

Client/customer information

Content Calendar

Airtable review by Travis N.
Travis N.

"A Growing Platform for a Growing Program"

What do you like best?

I coordinate a growing film program, and I like the ability to have large amounts of data at my fingertips. It's very easy to setup databases and link the data across datasets. I appreciate the design aesthetic. It feels very modern and fun but not cutesy.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the iOS apps to be a little more robust. You can do basic data entry on them, but you can't create all the views available in the web app. Having access to data offline in the iOS app seems to be a key missing feature. I'd like to see more customization in forms and views.

As a growing educational film program, we need to coordinate both students and equipment in a way that maximizes resources. Airtable allows us to visualize a lot of data very quickly. We are able to get large amounts of data directly from the student and streamline a lot of our old paper processes.

Airtable review by Kathleen P.
Kathleen P.

"Still learning the ropes, but easy to build out what you need"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform is there because the range of fields is fairly thorough without being unwieldy. And this includes the ability to link to other tables (making this a true database and not just a workbook).

What do you dislike?

This seems like the sort of platform where because we can set it up without guidance, the first couple of bases we set up will not be so great as we'll make mistakes in set up. But we're prepared to grow and adapt as we go. The high volume of bases allowed means we can just create a new one when we figure things out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and check out their extensive video library of instructionals. Also, check out the example bases that they offer. There's more there for you to see all the possible ways of setting up the tool for a wide range of management scenarios where you would otherwise be trapped in spreadsheet land.

We're using it for a multi-channel editorial calendar. It's easier to work with than the Google spreadsheet we were using in the past.

Airtable review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Airtable is All Powerful"

What do you like best?

It's UI is so easy to learn, and just busting with features. I really love the ability to use as many or as few features as I want. It's incredibly flexible, and it really lets me use it as a tool without much fuss. I can customize it however I need to.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a wider range of templates available. There's a good amount, but I think more user-submitted samples would be a good idea, tagged as such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time looking through tutorials and reading the tips/tricks, playing around with templates, etc. There's so much to learn, but it's so worth it, and their education materials are awesome.

I use Airtable for a million things, including invoicing, estimating, time tracking, content calendars, reports, social media management, and more. I have integrated forms built in Airtable into my Wordpress site, and they're absolutely seamless. Airtable ROCKS.

Airtable review by Kent L.
Kent L.

"Wow! Solved our NGO's DB challenges in a hurry!"

What do you like best?

We were able to upload our existing Excel files for our clients and sponsors and customize them within AirTable very quickly. The multiple views of our data including the Blocks features, putting our data on maps and charts is exceptional. The ability to construct an input form for field data capture on smartphones is outstanding. AirTable solves many of our data challenges in a hurry!

What do you dislike?

The price can be a bit of a challenge but AirTable provides discounts for charities that make it much more affordable and worth the investment!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely worth a look, especially if your team are not database professionals.

We need to track our homeless clients in Cambodia from interview through to the building of their new homes and beyond. Airtable gives us many tools to do this very efficiently and effectively and to communicate with our teams and sponsors along the way. It will save us time and money and allow us to build more homes for the homeless. Thank you! 🙏🌞

Airtable review by krys n.
krys n.

"Perfect solution for multiple spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

As a nonprofit, tracking grant funded projects was starting to become a nightmare with separate spreadsheets for each project, bunches of formulas to try not to screw up, and reporting headaches. I discovered Airtable, and managed to get a hold of all of my grants in on, colorful, easy to use base.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble with linking properly... but that's my fault not Airtables. I'm still learning just what all can be done with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot... the free version can do incredible things and when you need more advanced features the price is not unreasonable

Nonprofit. Grant funded projects (wildfire thinning and at-risk youth training)... previously having multiple spreadsheets for each project, figuring out how to produce reports from each for funders... Ugly :) Now I have one base where all data from all projects can be stored, and viewed multiple ways, making it a whole lot easier for me to keep track of everything.

Airtable review by Angela M.
Angela M.

"Excellent collaboration tool for non-profits"

What do you like best?

This tool is a life saver! I am starting to wonder how I ever worked without it. My team has been using it for event planning, grants management, donor management, and more. If you are asking yourself, "Why shouldn't I just use Google Sheets?" the answer is because the functionality and customization of Airtable makes Google Sheets look like a toy. I love the ability to link records, color code, and easily customize field types.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything significant. It took me a few days to get used to the interface but once I figured it out it was so easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've searched high and low for a tool like this, none compares to Airtable in features and value.

We are tracking data that previously had been lost in emails or outdated spreadsheets. We have also been able to manage a large team of staff and volunteers for an upcoming event and share information between them.

Airtable review by Sonja B.
Sonja B.

"Great Content Calendar That Promotes Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like how we can easily transition from a table view to a calendar view. This is especially helpful since we primarily use Airtable as a content calendar. We can see what's coming up, what still needs work, and what will publish when. It's nice to be able to drag and drop records within the calendar view if we need to rearrange our publishing schedule.

We have several different people contributing and editing within our organization's blog and website and this makes it easier for us to collaborate with each other and organization information. It's easy to send other team members notes and to assign them tasks.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was a way to set up automated alerts. For example, if we put a due date on a task, an alert is automatically generated and emailed to whoever is assigned to the task. Perhaps there is a way to do this is a paid version but we have yet to find this feature and use it.

We are able to manage our content and visualize it on a calendar easily and it has really streamlined our editorial process. Recently our content has increased and this tool helps us manage it and ensure that our blog is constantly publishing new material on a consistent basis.

We can see ourselves using this more and more to manage updating other areas of our website, especially those sections that require constant content updates. We also have a few large projects on the horizon that we'd like to use Airtable for.

Airtable review by Nicholas B.
Nicholas B.

"Excel, Google Sheets, & a database combined - but a little pricey"

What do you like best?

Airtable is pretty much the best combination of Excel, Google Sheets, and a database. Think about putting data into a spreadsheet, and then thinking you'd love to display that data in some sort of dashboard. Airtable lets you do this. Need to collect information from people via a form? Airtable lets you do this. Need to have the ability to upload files in cells? You can do this in Airtable too. Need to turn your data into a trello-like Kanban board? Airtable makes adding a view extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

I think it would make more sense to bill for one account, versus billing per workspace. I like the idea of being able to have multiple workspaces per billing account. That being said - I would not pay for one account that has unlimited workspaces if the current pricing per workspace applied. I think that's entirely too much to ask for the features that Airtable provides. As it stands right now, current pricing is a bit high for the features offered. To make Airtable a really solid replacement for most of your tools, you need the Blocks feature which is only available on the Plus plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look at the price and your current solutions.

Airtable provides a new way for us to manage our membership applications, the interview process, and our data in general. We're looking to Airtable to solve many of our problems around collecting data & reporting on that data.

Airtable review by Hellene G.
Hellene G.

"Brilliant, easy to use, powerful"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, ease of use, and its combination power as both a data management and project management tool. This is a weird thing to say, but it makes us happy - empowered and in control of our data, with tools to improve work flow and collaboration as a team.

What do you dislike?

This isn’t a dislike exactly, more like a realistic caution that because Airtable is really, really easy to use straight out of the box, it takes a little while to understand both its constraints and its real power as an analytic and reporting tool. If you need to go beyond a simple dataset, you totally can - just be ready to give the investment of time and thought that you would in any traditional database design.

Cloud technology means all data is secure and available real-time for all our team, wherever they work. It eliminates the need for costly in house or external consultants with technological expertize that as a small nonprofit we just cannot access. The collaboration features are really stellar, for example, we can send a link to an instructor that gives them real time data on course registrations as they come in, eliminating the need for creating and emailing multiple reports.

Airtable review by Emmett M.
Emmett M.

"An Excellent, Modern Database Solution"

What do you like best?

Airtable was first recommended by a colleague as a solution to managing our social media workflow. As we dug into the features, we quickly realized the possibilities of using Airtable to integrate our entire event-based workflow. From creating a directory of people to managing events from concept to historical archive, Airtable is an extremely flexible platform. The integration possibilities with Zapier and the newly released Block features make this an ideal platform for our organization. It just works.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot you can do through cross-referencing items in Airtable, and unfortunately the appearance of spreadsheet can be confusing initially. This leads to a lot of trial-and-error when building a working database and training new users. While the documentation is rich and extensive, more how-to guides for less tech savvy users would go a long way in a transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot possible with Airtable, so experiment and you're bound to find solutions that you weren't expecting to find.

Airtable has helped our organization collaborate and share information across departments. In the past, we would create individual spreadsheets every time someone needed specific information. With Airtable, the majority of our information lives in one place, and communication between departments is already increasing. The possibilities for automation with Blocks and Zapier have been very helpful in slowly moving workflows over, such as by creating an automated social media and email history in Airtable. Rather than overwhelm with information, the ability to make custom, personalized views that connect with the main database really brings the program to the next level.

Airtable review by Josh K.
Josh K.

"Solid Solution for Organizing People and Documents"

What do you like best?

Airtable provides features that Google Forms avoids. The ability to upload files, and then review form data—including uploaded files—just like a spreadsheet is extremely convenient. The ability to color code entries (with Pro version) creates a quick-review of responses to target specific needs at a given time.

What do you dislike?

Where Airtable falls short is the lack of conditional logic in form responses (e.g. if respondent chooses D, then show this question). Google Forms has made this feature a standard, and yet Airtable seems to actively avoid implementing this functionality. That is truly disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be on the lookout for progress in the feature set. Airtable might have power, but it lacks basic form functionality like conditional responses based on previous answers.

Cataloging and managing information provided by students in a graduate degree program. By also accepting file uploads, Airtable allows us to create a one-stop student correspondence portal for graduate program administration.

Airtable review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"Outdoes Excel in Ways I Didn't Know Were Possible!"

What do you like best?

Airtable is so helpful because it uses your data to create more insight on your project or team. By using data that already exits, Airtable can help you make additional connections by grouping, having menu options as data, and creating text and numerics. It created a multitude of new ways for me to look at, analyze, and streamline my data...and it truly feels now like a database.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if it is in the premium plan, which includes "blocks," but it would be interesting to integrate tables and graphics into my data. It would add an additional visual element that might be useful and continue to rival Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try adding columns and data you don't think you need, they might actually help you realize new connections when you start linking sheets and cells.

Using Airtable to track my programs members, I am able to notice and make connections that I never considered. It is helping me to think of knew ways to connect and grow our activities, by simply showing me data I haven't looked for before.

Airtable review by Ivah G.
Ivah G.

"Great for non-profits"

What do you like best?

Our summer camp uses Airtable to combine and link information from our old mess of multiple Excel spreadsheets, and to provide high-level summaries and metrics for our program team. We track everything including bookings, purchasing, supplies and tech assets, grants, financials, staffing, scheduling and much more. With its ease-of-use, all of the options to group and report on data, and features like maps and other app integrations (through Airtable Blocks), we're still learning how powerful Airtable is, but we're excited for what it has done for our camp.

What do you dislike?

There are a handful of features we'd like to see, including linking between individual Bases and a version we could install locally on our own servers, aren't present at the time of this review.

The biggest benefit we get from using Airtable is helping us to provide actionable metrics for our program team drawn from a dozen or more different sources of information, allowing us to run our program more effectively.

Airtable review by Kristin L.
Kristin L.

"Great alternative to Excel or GoogleSheets!"

What do you like best?

This program works exceptionally well as an easy "step-up" from having used Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets (or any other spreadsheet program for that matter). It isn't complicated like a lot of CRM programs are, but it can do everything (and more) that the CRM can.

What do you dislike?

Learning how to use the expanded features can be pretty time consuming. They have videos that explain how to use each and every aspect, but that can be slightly time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to watch as many of the tutorial videos as possible. They are worth the time, and if that time is invested, Airtable is a breeze and a joy to utilize!

I am able to add my co-workers to any specific database with any permission level I deem necessary. The information is updated in real time and can be worked on simultaneously with another person without glitches that I've noticed.

Airtable review by Julie B.
Julie B.

"Saves me tons of time!"

What do you like best?

All the functionality of an excel sheet with added tools that make it easier, without being as complicated as an access database

What do you dislike?

So far I don't dislike anything! I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can use it for aside from my primary purpose of event planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't quite to the level of needing a full-on custom database but spreadsheets just aren't cutting it anymore, I would give Air Table a try. It could be just the solution to your problem. It has solved mine and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can do with it. Collaboration with others in my team is going to be much easier.

I manage the media, marketing, and fundraising events for a small, regional non-profit. I've been keeping track of events in Excel, which has been ok but not great. I also needed to be able to collaborate with others in my office that I'm working with, and while I have a OneDrive account through Microsoft which allows me to share my files easily, it doesn't allow us to collaborate unless they're also Office360 subscribers. Air Table allows me to share my projects with everyone.

Airtable review by John E.
John E.

"A dream for managing my network"

What do you like best?

For my entire life I've struggled to remember who I know, keep track of the details I know about the people I know, and think through how to best invest my time into my network. Airtable is the first product I've seen that provides a solution to these problems without focusing on the address book / contacts app, or simply offering a stale spreadsheet. Airtable allows me to see the exact picture of my network.

What do you dislike?

For someone who isn't native to using Microsoft Excel, I was still slightly intimidated of how to best use Airtable until a friend of mine who's an expert walked me through it and set it up for me. There's likely a way for Airtable to bring non-Excel pro's up to expert level with ease... and I'm sure they have already figured it out and it just takes a smidgeon more time for me to get there!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study their education materials and reach out to someone at Airtable on their customer success team. The jump in how much more usable the product becomes is unbelievable, at least for someone like me who is a slow learner!

The primary business problem I am currently solving with Airtable is maintaining an organized personal and professional network of detailed relationships. So far, I've benefitted from being able to search and sort my network based on who I need to follow up with that I recently met, and the folks I need to catch up with who I've fallen a bit out of touch with.

Airtable review by Tyler R.
Tyler R.

"10,000 Times Better Than a Spreadsheet"

What do you like best?

The absolute flexibility and freedom I get from Airtable. I love thinking, "Oh, I really want to see this look different. Oh wait, I CAN TOTALLY DO THAT!"

The ability to filter and sort what I want or need to see is second to none; clutter is almost nonexistent as long as I'm using the software properly. If I'm not, it's always an easy fix.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't mind a little more flexible cross-referencing, or multiple synced calendars. See, when I create a calendar view, I add options like I would any record. But it only allows for one "appointment type." I can create new tables, but there isn't an easy way to immediately sync them, so there are sometimes unnecessary fields in my calendar records when all I need to do is remember to call or meet someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the demo videos. Try out multiple templates. Think about the current problems you experience with your CRM and see if Airtable has a solution. Even if you already have a CRM, Airtable is going to be fantastic at organizing and scheduling things. You can cross-reference records to assign users to tasks and vice-versa. If something isn't working, just try another view or add another table and experiment with it. There is so much flexibility here that if you can't figure out a good way to use it, you're doing something wrong.

I've basically abandoned another CRM and started using this. It's faster, easier to read quickly, and I can immediately access bits of information I might need. Adding new records, updating records or moving them around is incredibly easy.

Airtable review by Heather T.
Heather T.

"Easy to organize with detail"

What do you like best?

I like how thorough I can keep track of my projects on both a micro and macro scale

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. At first it was a little confusing and I feel most of their introduction was with the intention of suggesting you purchase their additional framework. Instead of provide a filled out template, I think it would be better if there was a tutorial on how to make the templates or provide empty templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and don't hesitate to play around with the different templates even if it means deleting pre-set information, but it will help you find easier faster ways to organize your projects.

I am solving the overwhelming feeling I can have when I take on many projects at once. The home screen gives me a lot of perspective letting me look at the whole picture.

Airtable review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"Airtable can be used for almost anything!"

What do you like best?

Airtable is an exceptional product. You can use it for almost anything you need, from a simple to-do list to a complicated spreadsheet. It has capabilities for custom sorting and applying any type of filter you can imagine. I really like the fact that I can integrate it with Slack so I get notifications in my Slack timeline when someone updates a task. It makes it easy to keep everyone up to date on how things are going without having to let them know in multiple locations.

What do you dislike?

The one dislike I have is their onboarding process. It is fairly annoying when you have been sent an invitation from someone to share a 'base' as they call them, and as soon as you create your account to login and access the base, you are shown multiple videos and 'helpful' tips that it would be nice to be able do dismiss and do later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free tier of Airtable offers more than I could ever use. The ability to view and edit my lists on my phone and my desktop, and share them with whoever I need to is a big plus.

I've been using Airtable with a client of mine as a means of project management. It gives a way for both of us to keep track of what is being done as well as update the status and give any feedback. All from right there in the software.

Airtable review by Travis W.
Travis W.

"I want to use this for everything!"

What do you like best?

Airtable feeds my compulsion for efficiency and organization. I constantly think of ways to use the system and ways to convince others to use it as well.

I like that it's simple enough for the average person to use and also allows complexity. The various templates are a great way to get ideas for creating new bases as well.

What do you dislike?

This took some thought, but I guess I would say that I dislike some of the limitations. There are some small 'quality of life' features I'd wish for. Such as the calendar view. Most of the other views are highly customized in that you can determine what fields are scene. I remember requesting this feature for calendar views as it seems this view received a bit less care. However, these things hardly take away the overall experience and I imagine the company is constantly improving their system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're keeping records or just need a solution that no one else can offer, Airtable is likely going to be flexible enough to give you what you want. There are tons of templates to look through to give you some ideas and the support team is wonderful.

I currently use airtable to generate a ticketing system which alerts me through slack. I also decided to use it to organize our lunch ordering system which seems to be working well. In my personal use I use it for various film projects.

Airtable clearly creates a space of efficiency and order. There is far less stress in my life.

Airtable review by Douglas C.
Douglas C.

"Extremely flexible and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The Forms feature of the software, for us, is really what sold us on switching over. Airtable is great for keeping track of our data, and being able to create online forms that are connected to our Airtable base has simplified and removed several steps in the process of submitting and digitizing our customer files.

What do you dislike?

There are really quite few downsides to the software. While the Function feature is very useful and powerful, expansion of it will certainly maximize the potential of this software.

We are able to replace a labyrinth of various software programs all with their own interfaces, with just this one program. The program itself is very straight forward and easy to use, but the Forms feature of it can make data input extremely easy. While still user friendly, the software also has a powerful Function function, that allows significant data analysis.

Airtable review by Roland M.
Roland M.

"The best data management system"

What do you like best?

Airtable is entirely easy to manage the database.

There are dozens of templates available for any intended use. You can create in your own account a number of databases and invite people to separate bases in the absence of access to everything. Also this service has an excellent mobile application, the functionality of which is at the highest level.

What do you dislike?

I believe that design can deserve a certain improvement. This is acceptable and easy to use, but in that case it is easy to use, so I would like to have the ability to merge records between databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully advise Airtable for any company, large or small. Just make sure that you are flexible in different systems with your team. Also in this service there are strong working tools that can help you create and work more productively and efficiently for the purpose of your company.

With this platform, we have strong support, which constantly gives us the chance to process any content. We can add investments, large textual information or links to documentation in another table.

Airtable review by Leah W.
Leah W.

"Team Collaboration super-tool"

What do you like best?

It's like having a spreadsheet with a brain--we can drop in attachments, have a side chat directly linked to a specific project, and add things like formulas and pivot tables. It keeps everything organized and in one space, and saves a TON of emails. It also allows cross-collaboration across other departments by just adding the users.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure of user per work space makes it hard to forecast budget by future need; we may know a project is in the pipes, but not if we will have 2 or 20 people on it.

Team collaboration is easier within our teams and between teams. Attachments and updates are shared in the same place we keep the data, so time is saved, as well as patience. The additional features such as pivot tables and countdown are allowing us to avoid using several resources for one project.

Airtable review by Mark K.
Mark K.

"So Much Functionality in Such a Compact and Easy to Use Format!"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform, which allows me to present information in a variety of formats. This really helps us to use the same database for planning, execution and reporting with really dynamic outputs.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the initial entry into the database streamlined a little. So many products are so impressive with "all that can be done..." that the user can often feel overwhelmed. While not a "big" problem with this particular product, it exists somewhat. I wonder how it would feel if there was a simple, "Three easy steps to getting started..." kind of intro for first-time users?

I work with many people who are integral to our work, but they are not located in our office...or even our city at times. This really provides a central information source and planning tool that brings us all together.

Airtable review by Antony B.
Antony B.

"Perfect to use."

What do you like best?

The best step to organize everything, with anyone, from every place. I like that with our mobile and desktop apps make it simple to redact, comment, and cooperate in real-time — changes are immediately synced via everyone’s devices. I like that platform very much.

What do you dislike?

Very useful software which does not bring any bad problems on our working process. All tools working well. I like it. I don't think about to change that platform. Till now everything suits me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you will have a lot of wonderful work. You will see how fast It can do their work. Just a few clicks to link records between tables, making clever relationships. I recommend it to you. I guess it is will be a good helper to you.

Actually, it is strong filtering, sorting, and grouping gives us the freedom to settle our work just the way we like. Also, we can select the right apperance for our content, and save them for light access every time.

Airtable review by Parker L.
Parker L.

"Good interface"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Airtable is its quality. It is convenient and easy to use without sacrificing too much functionality. This allows the user to create a database from scratch or use predefined templates that allow for rapid development. The basics are intuitively laid out, so that when you first use it, you configure it quickly and clearly

What do you dislike?

If the company is big, the price justifies itself, but for a small company it would be desirable to price cheaper. Also, it would be nice to have a downloadable version of the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use Airtable, the interface is so intuitive that many functions are understood at a subconscious level. It's nice to have an Airtable for simplicity, simplicity and clarity.

Currently, I use this to manage the workload in my team, as well as to manage content and manage individual projects. It was easy to work in my team, and different views were useful, so they could only see their tasks.

Airtable review by Laquita M.
Laquita M.

"Potential Gamechanger"

What do you like best?

We love the different views that you can use to see your data. This type of flexibility is great. It helps change the way you are able to think about your data and visually looks very impressive.

What do you dislike?

There are some things it can't do that just don't make sense, like linking across bases. Form data should be able to go to multiple locations. I think there is too much of a reliance on Zapier to fix shortcomings of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have to change the way you think about your data. This is not Excel so it does take time to get used to if you are still thinking in those terms.

Tracking for events. Keeping a database for applicants. Creating a digital library for locations of all of our documents.

Airtable review by Taylor R.
Taylor R.

"Airtable Review"

What do you like best?

The organizational structure of Airtable is so user friendly. My coworkers and I are able to communicate much better since some staff members work remotely and are working at different times then our normal office hours.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes adding a lot of dates can make things harder to find. It is very well organized and structured, but it can get to be massive and overwhelming from certain views. I think it would be easier if when as task is completed it could go into a separate section possibly? Instead of crowding into all of the uncompleted tasks.

Communicating with team members in different areas of the country. Instead of having to dig through our emails, all of the information is in a central location. Being able to add documents and files has been incredible! It's so helpful to be able to reference things in a grid format.

Airtable review by Jen K.
Jen K.

"Secure, excellent documentation, lots of ways to view your data"

What do you like best?

We love the API documentation (which we have only played with, not implemented in production yet), the built-in templates for seeing what's possible, and the different views you can get of your data. We use Grid and Gallery views. We're also exploring formulas.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, you can't link cells across bases.

Right now, we're using Airtable to track press hits and create a database of reporters and outlets who have covered us. This is helpful for reaching out to those reporters for future stories. Plus, having a well-organized record of press hits makes grant reporting easier. Ultimately, we hope to use Airtable's API to highlight recent press hits from this database on our website. Once we have our Press base fully working, we hope to migrate more of our processes from Google Sheets over to Airtable.

Airtable review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"A Scaleable Course Management Solution "

What do you like best?

The best aspects of this software are its ability to manipulate plan data into visually compelling and easily decipherable presentations to stakeholders. In addition, the database like nature of the software really helps me to connect all the differing sources of information to easily trace historical records.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there were customizable cell types that would track the completion of tasks represented. Yes, there is checkbox feature. However, when tracking project tasks using Airtable, not all tasks are the same for any given project. Having a customizable field type that could allow for the insertion of customizable task lists would be useful. Essentially a checklist.

Currently, I'm using the software to manage the migration, course design, and revision process of online courses. This is proving to be a useful tool for simplifying this complex task.

Airtable review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Finally unlimited custom fields"

What do you like best?

Airtable is the only truly dynamically customizable project management tool and its got so much capacity to push info and then sort to your heart's content.

What do you dislike?

I don't really understand the 1200 record limit per base. it's not the worst thing by any means, but it seems kind of arbitrary. Also I'd LOVE it to have a more robust google calendar integration, but it doesn't without some zapier integrations which are never as good as something native.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter what other software you're used to using, try out Airtable. the 10 minute video will show you everything needed to be a great user.

My biggest complain about other PM software is having so few custom fields. Rarely in 8 years of managing projects has a software predicted all the fields and types i'd actually need, let alone make them available right from go in a free version. Airtable has made dynamic grouping and project assessment and tracking possible in ways quite literally no other option in the market has.

Airtable review by Benjy U.
Benjy U.

"Best Data Management System"

What do you like best?

AirTable is best for team collaboration and getting projects done. It's pretty much an all-in-one platform for tasks and project management.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a steep learning curve for new users. We've had a few team members feel like it is too difficult to learn. But it's worth it! Although there is not much so far to dislike, I personally wish their layout, font, and look can be a bit more customizable. But that's a lot to ask from such a great company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend Airtable for any company, large or small. It's a great company with a great vision. The learning curve may be a bit steep for some users, but it's worth it.

We do a lot of team work, and AirTable lets our boss organize and assign certain tasks to individuals on our team. It's also great because you can get instant email notifications when something is assigned.

Airtable review by Jessica  A.
Jessica A.

"Easy to use and convenient "

What do you like best?

Being able to display information in different views is by far one of the best features of Airtable and has greatly improved overall readability and interaction. What's also great are the endless options for fields and filters, allowing you to do virtually anything with your data. A big thanks from the NSE team!

What do you dislike?

Although Airtable offers quite a lot for creating and organizing information, there's always room for improvement. For instance, it would be helpful if we could change the data of automated fields or formulas for specific records if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After watching the tutorials, everything else will fall into place as you continue using Airtable. Explore all the features!

Efficiency - Airtable allows us to have a space that can bring together various types of data; everything can become more centralized on here.

Airtable review by Christine Stella P.
Christine Stella P.

"positive results for an already integrated team"

What do you like best?

AirTable has been helpful for us to gain more cohesion on different projects and clients that we are working with. We value that documents in our drive are linkable and this is certainly a generative function for our teams big picture.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it were a bit more user friendly in the areas of customization. As an intuitive user I find it be just fine and that is not the case for all of my team members or all of my teams. It would also be great if it were more linked to other apps for plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be sure that you are flexible across different systems with your team - the cohesion that I desire is not part of how I have known it to be and overall its a great resource.

We are solving for communication shortfalls for a large complex team with mobile offices. We are invested in being able to stay integrated but independent and the connectivity or bird eye-view quality of AirTable is helpful to us in that regard. I can see what other folks are doing and they can pke into my progress on something as well. Its also great that we can all be working at the same time on the build out and manage our own internals while cooperatively supporting something else.

Airtable review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"Using Airtable for school"

What do you like best?

Love that it is accessible anywhere without having to download a software. So easy to use, very user friendly for anyone looking to organize and display a large amount of data.

What do you dislike?

Would love if possible to link across multiple databases. As it is now, we have to repeat a lot of data across the different databases. But! This is a slight drawback and the benefits far outweigh this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to sort and store a lot of data, track multiple things from project to project, and use something that everyone on the team can use no matter where you are-- Airtable is for you.

Airtable makes it possible for staff of 6 people to manage a school within a college that has anywhere from 200 - 250 students a semester.

Airtable review by HANUMANTHA RAO B.
HANUMANTHA RAO B.

"Its a Extended version of Airtable"

What do you like best?

It makes life simpler with all a professional wanted.

What do you dislike?

We cannot have an option to automate things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just bored with Excel and want to see what insights you can achieve by using your data. Then go for AIRTABLE.

We actually bought the product under NGO discount. And also it got referral points which help us take add-ons with using points rather than paying money.

To get different prospectives out of it. It gives great insights from the data you have with different data formats. It makes life easy for a manager to collaborate with the teams. The new launch of Airtable boards helped us in getting a great insight by using customised dashboards. If they could really bring automation then it would be a No. One leading Application in the world.

Overall if you start using the product you love it like anything.

Airtable review by Diego R.
Diego R.

"EASY MANAGEMENT"

What do you like best?

well the thing i like the best from airtable i that you can control every area of your project, i have like 7 tabs for different processes of the construccion and i can manage every one of the separately and go from one tab to the other widout keeping track of any of them i like to the fact that you can close the app and whe you open it again it stay right where you left it that is very useful

What do you dislike?

i dont really like the design of the software it looks like a children web page but at the same time thats why its very easy to use it everything its right there in front of you

Recommendations to others considering the product

its very easy to use everythimg its right in front of you

we had a problem on the sales department we had a lot of prospects to buy a house and with airtable now we have a perfect register of every one of them

Airtable review by Zev S.
Zev S.

"Full featured relational database that is as easy as using Excel"

What do you like best?

Airtable is fully manageable relational database. It is easy to set up tables and relationships to other tables. There are dozens of templates available for every imaginable use case. You can create an use multiple databases (called Bases) in your account and invite people to individual Bases without giving access to everything. It is cloud-based and has a fantastic mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I think the design can benefit from some improvement. It is acceptable and easy to use, but it I would not consider an excellent example of design brilliance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create some trial Bases to play with before you actually try to set up a table with critical information. They have some great relational field options but it takes a willingness to read a few paragraphs in their help files to set them up correctly.

I use it to manage everything from managing customers and investors to tracking project feature to recording business loans and payments. Everything is in one place. Available on all my devices and I can manage users on each database.

Airtable review by Bruce H.
Bruce H.

"Create a custom database for any need"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create a database to store nearly any type of information, and link between tables. Reports and custom views then allow you to view that data in many different ways. The interface is attractive and easy to use, but is also pretty powerful once you start digging through all the functionality.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to be able to link records between bases. However, I understand their reasoning behind not allowing this, as their price structure is based on the number of records per base, and this would open up a big loophole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free tier, and set up few of the free templates to get a good idea of the possibilities before jumping in with your own data.

We are using Airtable to store all of our business contacts in one location - clients, vendors, affiliates, and more - for our real estate business, and organize them by category. We are able to easily sort by any field, search, and to cross-reference by associated company or organization.

We also track our incoming and current leads, as well as ongoing transactions and scheduled appointments. We can create notes and cross-reference them to any number of records in other tables.

Airtable review by Madalina  C.
Madalina C.

"Great UX, easy to use, great for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

The clean and modern design, and the helpful templates that can be easily customised. Also enjoy the collaboration capabilities - no crashes yet!

What do you dislike?

Have been a user for 3 months, haven't found anything to dislike yet.

I set out to create a database with sheets about organisations and people from scratch, and one of the Airtable templates fit the requirements almost perfectly, saving me a lot of time. They are easily customizable. I had never used Airtable before deciding to use it for this project, and the decision was based on another organisation using it to perform a similar task to the one I had. Airtable allows me to structure, organise and visualise a lot of information (text, URLs, dates, prices) in an easy to understand way.

Airtable review by Bekki L.
Bekki L.

"Task management improvement!"

What do you like best?

Airtable has been a great tool to help project manage in a growing department that has one of the largest project lists of the corporation with consistently shifting deadlines. Having all projects and tasks assignments in one location has help keep the entire department on track and make sure that nothing falls behind.

What do you dislike?

Not a strong dislike but being able to link across bases would be extremely helpful, also being able to make templated sets of items (like repetitive things for certain projects) would really help us plan things quicker and easier.

Our nonprofit has almost doubled in size over the last few years and we have been looking for easy-to-use systems for project management, task delegation, and basic information/database sharing.

Airtable review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"Incredible Database and Project Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like that Airtable looks like a spreadsheet but functions like a database. The interface is very intuitive. There are features for attaching resources. Airtable is perfect for team collaboration. We can all add information to a project and all relevant relationships are updated. The blocks are cool also!

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike about Airtable. It serves the needs of my organization perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the simplicity of use and clear interface. Airtable is a standout solution for managing data and projects.

We are tracking class enrollment and customer relations. We are also using Airtable to track team progress and contributions to class development projects. We have realized improved simplicity in accessing and understanding our data and project status.

Airtable review by Jess J.
Jess J.

"Great for Visual Thinkers!"

What do you like best?

The ability to view my tasks and plans in whatever visual mode my brain is feeling on a particular day.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a small team option where I could admin a group account for my small non-profit team, rather than separate accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't set yourself up to rely on the software before you've had plenty of time to figure it out!

Task management! A huge part of my work is event and training planning, and airtable allows me to map out every piece in detail and keep myself on top of easy to forget tasks and contacts. The multiple view options, and the option for a column to refer back to another table is what really makes it above and beyond other task management options for me.

Airtable review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"AirTable used for team consult tracking"

What do you like best?

I like that it functions a lot like Excel but can be much more organized and easier to view and work in with all the great customizable features. Our use is unique and it’s a great free way to track things. It has a clean, sleek look and is a great connection tool.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it doesn’t have reminder/follow up capabilities especially knowing they advertise as a team collaboration tool that’s used for customer service. Customer service takes follow up, especially within my role. This could be easily added to customize a row within the view. We like the survey app, but there is an issue for our team when using it - nothing we do is every straight and narrow - so options within the surveys need to be added all the time as no consult or meeting is the same & we noticed the survey views do not have this capability when trying to edit and add options on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an integration tool or software for email and reminder function. Editable survey options on the go for people taking the survey.

Multiple people easily looking at the same organized information instead of people who aren’t as tech savvy entering and messing up formatting in an Excel sheet. We really enjoy the survey tools as a team - we have members that are out in the field that need to track their consults and meeting information and having the AirTable app makes the very easy to do on the go.

Airtable review by Gabriel M.
Gabriel M.

"Ideal for Project Management and Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

AirTable has allowed our nonprofit organization to put important and diverse data for our various programs in grantmaking and professional development in one place. Instead of working off of various Excel sheets, we are able to stay organized, streamlining project tasks, outcomes, and disparate details. It's easy to use and has a clean design as well. We appreciate the ability to visualize things differently such as spreadsheet, kanban, or calendar views.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any real issues with AirTable, but certainly we had to invest some time to best understand and consider best practices for linking data within a base.

In a field where nonprofit organizations often face challenges relating to staff capacity, AirTable has allowed our organization to maximize our staff time and reduce email communication.

Airtable review by A. Jay B.
A. Jay B.

"Online Report Collaboration for University Teams "

What do you like best?

Airtable was exactly the online database tool our University team was looking for. We needed to convert from using spreadsheets to an online system to track our retirees with the goal of better communication among different teams across campus in real time.

What do you dislike?

We like everything as Airtable is meeting all of our needs and so much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Airtable as a fast and affordable option as an alternative to spreadsheets and local databases.

With our cross campus collaboration, we needed to limit what data other teams could view to do their jobs and Airtable’s shareable views did just that. Airtable exceeded our expectations with easy setup from the start, advanced formula options, and intuitive design. Rapid setup and easy to use database team collaboration.

Airtable review by Gregory S.
Gregory S.

"Working well for indexing a book!"

What do you like best?

It is an easy-to-use relational database.

What do you dislike?

So far I've had no problems with the app.

In the past I've used another web-based database/table app to index a book. The app was in beta and our use of it was data intensive (tens of thousands of records, many of them with paragraphs of text, and many complex cross links across tables). That app worked well (despite some initial bugs), but is has since gone out of existence, and I have a new book to index, so I'm trying it in AirTable. So far it is working excellently. It was easy to set up (including importing tables from the old app), and it's running stably and quickly, despite our tables being complex and data-intensive.

Airtable review by Tami Osmer M.
Tami Osmer M.

"Database, spreadsheet, organization, collaboration and more"

What do you like best?

Its hard to say what I like best. I love the versatility for whatever I need to organize, whether it is a data list, scheduling calendar, or research log. I love the ability to include art/photos right in the cell. I love the sort and group functions , and the multiple views! So many, many ways to manipulate and view all the same data!

What do you dislike?

I miss the ability of other similar products to be able to add a color to a row background for highlighting

With social media, I'm able to not only include all the details I need, but the images of the posts as well. I also run an international event calendar, and find Airtable to be the perfect tool for organizing it. Its integration with Zapier has saved me countless hours weekly.

Airtable review by Enrique T.
Enrique T.

"Great for managing a distributed team"

What do you like best?

We have started using Airtable to do project management over Global Fishing Watch. We are a distributed team that has three main areas: Research, Development and Communications. Finding a tool that adapt to both tech and non-tech people was a challenge, but Airtable is powerful while yet simple enough for everyone to understand.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve for using views for non-tech people is a bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very powerful and yet simple solution that adapts can adapt to every need. Since it has a very spreadsheet like view, it is very easy for everyone to learn to use.

Communications between our research, communications and development team. Give a broad view of the project to the full team.

Airtable review by Sergio M F.
Sergio M F.

"great, but with some small tweaks could be awesome"

What do you like best?

the user experience and ease of creating a database (which is completely flexible and can accommodate several different uses), the easy connectivity to multiple collaborators and the no fuss experience with uploading different files/attachments to the various records

What do you dislike?

It is kind of perplexing that there is no offline option, since that seems rather basic and would be a real game changer for field work (I would also appreciate if there was a "single record view", much like filemaker pro)

Recommendations to others considering the product

take some time to plan and understand how to customize the database before implementing it.

We are building a database for academic research, and our different collaborators and students can easily contribute to it, as well as organize how those contributions are made

Airtable review by Sara  P.
Sara P.

"Content Calendar Heaven "

What do you like best?

The versatility. I can see my content calendar as a grid or calendar with the click of a button. Within those views, I can customize the fields to anything I like, which is so helpful when managing multiple social platforms.

What do you dislike?

I wish records would auto sort by date and time, and I wish you could add a new record between two existing records. This is minor though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like I've only scratched the surface of what Airtable has to offer, and it has transformed how I schedule content.

We use Airtable exclusively for our content calendar. I'm able to manage and schedule our social media content as well as blog content in one program. I feel like I'm getting more done and doing less.

Airtable review by Karri B.
Karri B.

"Best Project Management Tool I've Used"

What do you like best?

This isn't just a project management tool, it is also a fantastic data base to keep all the files when managing a project. It is very easy to set up the projects as long as you know how you want the project to flow. That might take a little time, but doing the work on the front end makes managing the project later a breeze.

Their customer service has also been very attentive when questions arose.

Many projects can be done on their free version, but the paid version opens up a lot of automations that can be very useful. You can even sent out forms or surveys for data capture and there are plenty of Zapier integrations between AirTable and other business programs.

It is very easy to communicate within a project with your team by @mentioning them. You can see all the communications between the collaborators in a stream within each project. It is very helpful to keep the communications in one place.

What do you dislike?

The pricing isn't totally clear when you are giving access to collaborators. So keep an eye out and make sure you only grant the highest level of access a person will need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can easily move a workspace from a list view to a kanban view and back again without loosing any data or insights.

We needed a way to keep track of all our projects and know who was responsible for each component. We've used other project management tools, but this one was the only one that met all our needs.

Airtable review by Cameron W.
Cameron W.

"Looks like a spreadsheet, acts like a database"

What do you like best?

We came across Airtable at a time when we were looking to move our growing dataset from Google Sheets into a more flexible and scalable platform. It has been a great tool so far, and we are looking forward to completing a team-wide implementation later this year.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more customization within the Blocks feature (esp. when compared to the simple options for customizing charts in Excel). Similarly, I'd like to see more formatting options for the Form view (for now, we've continued to use SurveyMonkey for this part of our data process).

Airtable has solved a lot of our major pain points (linking records, saved views, secure collaboration) and has been fairly simple to set up.