Airtable

Airtable

Airtable is the all-in-one collaboration platform designed to combine the flexibility of a spreadsheet interface with features like file attachments, kanban card stacks, revision history, calendars and reporting.

Work for Airtable?

Learning about Airtable?

Airtable Reviews

Ask Airtable a Question
Airtable review by <span>Kelsey H.</span>
Kelsey H.

"AirTable used for team consult tracking"

What do you like best?

I like that it functions a lot like Excel but can be much more organized and easier to view and work in with all the great customizable features. Our use is unique and it’s a great free way to track things. It has a clean, sleek look and is a great connection tool.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it doesn’t have reminder/follow up capabilities especially knowing they advertise as a team collaboration tool that’s used for customer service. Customer service takes follow up, especially within my role. This could be easily added to customize a row within the view. We like the survey app, but there is an issue for our team when using it - nothing we do is every straight and narrow - so options within the surveys need to be added all the time as no consult or meeting is the same & we noticed the survey views do not have this capability when trying to edit and add options on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an integration tool or software for email and reminder function. Editable survey options on the go for people taking the survey.

Multiple people easily looking at the same organized information instead of people who aren’t as tech savvy entering and messing up formatting in an Excel sheet. We really enjoy the survey tools as a team - we have members that are out in the field that need to track their consults and meeting information and having the AirTable app makes the very easy to do on the go.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Airtable
Showing 267 Airtable reviews
Airtable review by <span>Milan W.</span>
Milan W.

"Very simple and secure program."

What do you like best?

Using this platform I can organize our work in a very easy way. I like that platform because we can work more cooperation for individual projects and group of all style. The very useful platform which helps us to use this product for coordinate launches, plan new features, settle research, and stay on the one page.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I'm not complaining about that product. I really like all working process. Every step going well. Till now everything is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Airtable is wonderful software which easies to use. You will have the ability to coordinate, plan new features, organize explore. Ideas become reality quicker with this software.

With this platform, we use it for all generally projects and were able to make the exact working process and appearance we needed via the team. We can get a much more concrete snapshot of our working group, enabling us to staff people to the right projects and giving them excellent ability to increase.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Airtable
Airtable review by <span>Chuck F.</span>
Chuck F.

"The very easy way to control anything that you need."

What do you like best?

The better and faster way to work from anywhere and with everyone. I can make my daily routine makes much organize. Very comfortable that I can easy to edit, comment, and cooperate in online with our mobile and desktop apps. Also, I would like to add that all changes are directly synced via everyone’s devices.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad comments about that product. As for me, I like all working process with adding and tracking system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely good software. That program will allow you to have to filter and sort a lot of work needs. You will have all arrange at working steps how you wanted. Also, you will have the opportunity to work and monitor all process from any place where you are can be.

We are very glad that using Airtable. With this platform, we have a strong help which always gives to us the ability to handle any content. We can add attachments, a small flag, long text message or links to documentation in another spreadsheet. We guess that we have everything that we need for productive work.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Airtable review by <span>Douglass C.</span>
Douglass C.

"The easy an online database app that gives the fast way to go forward."

What do you like best?

I guess that it is a powerful working platform. I like that I have all my information in one place. I like that in my hands the fast and organized tools which allows me to react faster.

What do you dislike?

The program is not bad but will be nice to have a faster speed. Will be better to make our tracking faster. Generally, the software is the useful and big helper. The problem with the speed doesn't give a rights to stop to use that platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to you. It is powerful working tools which will help you to create and work more effective and productive for your company. The software is easy to use and manage. Definitely, you will forget about working mess.

We can make our working steps are organized. Gives to us a better way of communication with customers. Also, we can cooperate and work together on one idea or subject which is really productive. After that we know that it is will be effective and done in right time for us.

Airtable review by <span>Alida L.</span>
Alida L.

"Great tool for inventory & asset management"

What do you like best?

The ability to create forms that are automatically added to the database, the attachment capabilities (at a decent price for file storage), saving various views, and cross-referencing different bases. Right now, we're strictly using it as an informational database, not a working collaboration or task management, but I can see the uses growing as we discover more about the product.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only thing I've tried that I can't do is linking fields across different workspaces. That would be super helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to get started with right out of the box, but I'm sure we haven't even scratched the surface of its abilities yet. So far, we're pleased; I'd recommend taking a look at the sample bases provided by AirTable to see what some of the functions are.

This is the first product I've found that can handle our 3500+ song music library with attachments for a reasonable price and full features. We are constantly discovering new uses for AirTable to help manage events, tracking for grant applications, and managing our assets (such as costume inventory, music library, etc). Right now, we're in the process of transferring our various databases from spreadsheets to AirTable, and the various functions that are as easy as a spreadsheet to edit, but much more robust to use, are great. Things like read-only users, version history, and the many options for field types and saved views are real assets.

Airtable review by <span>Claudia F.</span>
Claudia F.

"Allow easy customization with high flexibility on how you want to share your online database "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to build your own online, relational database from scratch with AirTable and you can make changes on-the-fly. My review is based on past experiences with desktop MS Access, Access Web-app (which is going to be retired), and linking back-end SharePoint list with desktop Access for front-end user data entry. AirTable offers a much easier cloud-based solution than MS Excel and Access.

What do you dislike?

AirTable gives the owner lots of options about how you want to share your tables and databases. While these many options may be useful for some people, I think it is a little too complicated (unnecessary) for people working on smaller project or with small team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply create a free account and try it. It is very easy to use. I don't even need to contact their support for help.

I'm trying to build a relational database to keep track of measurable data over a 3-year project. If I use Excel (which can be shared using OneDrive), I end up needing multiple sheets and files. My co-workers find it difficult to keep track of data nicely in one place. If I use Access, it doesn't really allow easy collaboration and not many people in my team are familiar with Access. AirTable is a much user-friendly option.

Airtable review by <span>Ruth B.</span>
Ruth B.

"Airtabel is a software with a lot of possibilities!"

What do you like best?

From the first day we start using Airtable we loved it!

It’s such a great and easy program to use and to work with! We are a non- profit organisation and every year we advice more than 500 job seekers. All the clients information has to be stored in one place and all the colleagues must have access to consult those files. We put all relevant information but we can also attach existing documents to the clients file. Airtable is the best working platform we have used. It makes a good team collaboration possible as we are able to organize everything in one program. Another benefit of using Airtable is the access to our data from your smartphone. Especially our job hunters use it when they meet potential employers who need to have detailed information on our job seekers. They’re is also a possibility’s to share files with external partners.

What do you dislike?

At the moment we don’t have anything we dislike on Airtable. We are learning how to work with it and we are enjoying it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thanks to a consultant we heard about it and we are grateful that he showed us Airtable. And now it’s a pleasure for us to recommend you Airtable as a great program. It’s an all in one product that can bring your company to a next level. After learning how to work with it you can take all the benefits of it. Airtabel is a software with a lot of possibilities. We are not yet using all the different modules. You can start with what is most interesting for your organisation and expand it step by step.

We have 13 persons working in our team. Now we can all work in one program, store clients information, attach external files, consult each other files and also share some information if needed with external partners. The biggest gain is that we do not have to mail each other all the time files and information. Before, information got lost, people used not the latest version of the document and it took a lot of time and energy to find all the information relevant to the client when he/she came for a consult. It's such a big advantage for us.

Airtable review by <span>Stacy S.</span>
Stacy S.

"A revolutionary product for any management or organizational needs!"

What do you like best?

I love how Airtable makes database use easy for the everyday consumer. I am not a tech savvy person so Airtable gives me the power and features of Microsoft Access but no need for the expertise. I can organize any type of information using Airtable. I use the Pro version for my non-profit business but also have a basic account for my own needs. I have organized my book collection, done personal budgeting, and organized digital media and documents. For the product to be free for people to use I am shocked that it has not caught on like wildfire. I can tell that Airtable is only going to get more powerful from here. I can think of a ton of different applications and additions they can make and I am sure they are already in the works. Hop on this train now and be there for the awesome evolution that is to come. I try to tell everyone about this product.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about the platform. I am looking forward to the growth of the business and the additional Blocks (i.e. integrations). I think that if I had to say anything was a dislike, it would be the price. But as a small non-profit we are always looking for ways to save money for direct service use. The price is not a deal breaker though. I can't imagine living without Airtable at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no reason to hesitate. Just try it out, the basic plans are free and still give you a great taste of what you can do and get out of the product. Depending on the purpose of your use you may never event need a paid version of the product.

Airtable gives my non-profit organization a way to organize all of our information, plan upcoming events, and communicate with our volunteers in a seamless way using some great Blocks (i.e. Twilio). We can get information seamlessly using their form capabilities which is helpful when gathering all types of information.

Airtable review by <span>Melinda G.</span>
Melinda G.

"Great product for team collaboration."

What do you like best?

The Airtable platform allows us to organize and streamline work that was previously done in multiple products. It's easy to use, intuitive, and offers many templates for our team to customize. I am also very excited to use many of the available integrations with products, such as Wordpress and Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

I really enjoy using Airtable. I haven't found anything to dislike yet. I would love to see a few more project management tools, such as the ability to use gantt charts within the product. I'd also like to be able to link records across bases, and to be able to assemble a "dashboard" using blocks (across bases)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airtable is easy to use. There are many sample bases available, as well as many templates. I recommend taking the time up front to explore the options and a number of templates.

Airtable will allow us to better collaborate as a team. It is also helping us gain efficiencies by streamlining our software tools. The visual, drag-and-drop project tracking will help our group more easily track and report on their projects.

Airtable review by <span>Heather B.</span>
Heather B.

"Great Database, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I took over as the statewide secretary for a fraternal organization that was previously using an old version of Access to manage it's database of members. Airtable was huge step forward over what we were using before and was much easier to understand and use for someone who needed to teach themselves about relational databases as they went along. I love that there is an app for access on my phone, that I can embed information in our website so that it updates automatically with changes in our database, and that I can selectively share parts of the database with those who need to look at the information.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, at this point, nothing. I'm still learning all of the different ways I can use AirTable to make our data more useful and efficient.

Efficiency! Prior to AirTable my predecessor was keeping multiple Excel files to track information along with the membership data in an Access database. Everytime a change needed to be made you needed to alter the Access file, 2 Excel files, and update the website. Now it is all done in one update of our AirTable base.

Airtable review by <span>Ruth M.</span>
Ruth M.

"Airtable allows creative collaboration for organizing my events!"

What do you like best?

Team Collaboration, Phone app functionality, Non-intimidating appearance, Share-able views, Subscription links for calendar views, History Snapshots, Undo function, Customer Service

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit form views in phone app, and I would like to see more ease of use in the new Page Designer block (it looks lovely but I find it slow to edit and create.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge there is no better way to organize your data in related tabs with such a high level of phone functionality. For smaller files/groups it is often free but watch out for the pricing when you include lots of users/data. Even in those cases it's priced competitively for the amount of functionality and support offered. In describing it to others (who usually rely on the separate worlds of their Google docs/sheets/calendar) I first point out that Airtable is able to connect spreadsheet records with calendar dates and dynamically-filled PDF docs. And it's pretty and fun to use!

I have used Airtable to seamlessly evaluate 150 showcase applicants and organize them into 30 time-slots (with one collaborator in NYC, one in Nashville, and another on tour in Europe!) It was fantastic to be able to message each-other on any specific record. I love the new Page Designer block that allows me to create contracts and day sheets. I have created different personnel-specific calendars for my events and shared those filtered calendars with each person via iCal/Google calendars. This feature is a life-saver for keeping folks on the same page.

Airtable review by <span>Duane C.</span>
Duane C.

"Airtable has allowed distributing key information to team members quickly, paperless and saved time."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to embed pdf files AND link records. Additionally, the ability to switch between grid and calendar view has been very helpful

What do you dislike?

There are two areas i see that would improve our users. 1) the calendar view features are not yet available to iOS (our android uses love it). 2) it would be helpful to have additional advanced calendar features to include repeating and recurring dates (like in Outlook) to be controlled in a single record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any spreadsheet or database, plan your fields and record linking in order to take full advantage of the spreadsheet and database features Airtable has.

Our office manages the after-hours use of facilities (8 sites) for a school district. Airtable gives us ability to maintain a calendar of facility uses, schedule employees, pull up pdf of actual contract, and track insurance expiration. This has allowed us to consolidate paperwork, quickly communicating and accessing documents in the filed, and become more efficient in using available technology.

Airtable review by <span>Sonja B.</span>
Sonja B.

"Great Content Calendar That Promotes Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like how we can easily transition from a table view to a calendar view. This is especially helpful since we primarily use Airtable as a content calendar. We can see what's coming up, what still needs work, and what will publish when. It's nice to be able to drag and drop records within the calendar view if we need to rearrange our publishing schedule.

We have several different people contributing and editing within our organization's blog and website and this makes it easier for us to collaborate with each other and organization information. It's easy to send other team members notes and to assign them tasks.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was a way to set up automated alerts. For example, if we put a due date on a task, an alert is automatically generated and emailed to whoever is assigned to the task. Perhaps there is a way to do this is a paid version but we have yet to find this feature and use it.

We are able to manage our content and visualize it on a calendar easily and it has really streamlined our editorial process. Recently our content has increased and this tool helps us manage it and ensure that our blog is constantly publishing new material on a consistent basis.

We can see ourselves using this more and more to manage updating other areas of our website, especially those sections that require constant content updates. We also have a few large projects on the horizon that we'd like to use Airtable for.

Airtable review by <span>Jacob L.</span>
Jacob L.

"Outdoes Excel in Ways I Didn't Know Were Possible!"

What do you like best?

Airtable is so helpful because it uses your data to create more insight on your project or team. By using data that already exits, Airtable can help you make additional connections by grouping, having menu options as data, and creating text and numerics. It created a multitude of new ways for me to look at, analyze, and streamline my data...and it truly feels now like a database.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if it is in the premium plan, which includes "blocks," but it would be interesting to integrate tables and graphics into my data. It would add an additional visual element that might be useful and continue to rival Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try adding columns and data you don't think you need, they might actually help you realize new connections when you start linking sheets and cells.

Using Airtable to track my programs members, I am able to notice and make connections that I never considered. It is helping me to think of knew ways to connect and grow our activities, by simply showing me data I haven't looked for before.

Airtable review by <span>Kristin L.</span>
Kristin L.

"Great alternative to Excel or GoogleSheets!"

What do you like best?

This program works exceptionally well as an easy "step-up" from having used Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets (or any other spreadsheet program for that matter). It isn't complicated like a lot of CRM programs are, but it can do everything (and more) that the CRM can.

What do you dislike?

Learning how to use the expanded features can be pretty time consuming. They have videos that explain how to use each and every aspect, but that can be slightly time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to watch as many of the tutorial videos as possible. They are worth the time, and if that time is invested, Airtable is a breeze and a joy to utilize!

I am able to add my co-workers to any specific database with any permission level I deem necessary. The information is updated in real time and can be worked on simultaneously with another person without glitches that I've noticed.

Airtable review by <span>Julie B.</span>
Julie B.

"Saves me tons of time!"

What do you like best?

All the functionality of an excel sheet with added tools that make it easier, without being as complicated as an access database

What do you dislike?

So far I don't dislike anything! I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can use it for aside from my primary purpose of event planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't quite to the level of needing a full-on custom database but spreadsheets just aren't cutting it anymore, I would give Air Table a try. It could be just the solution to your problem. It has solved mine and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can do with it. Collaboration with others in my team is going to be much easier.

I manage the media, marketing, and fundraising events for a small, regional non-profit. I've been keeping track of events in Excel, which has been ok but not great. I also needed to be able to collaborate with others in my office that I'm working with, and while I have a OneDrive account through Microsoft which allows me to share my files easily, it doesn't allow us to collaborate unless they're also Office360 subscribers. Air Table allows me to share my projects with everyone.

Airtable review by <span>Tyler R.</span>
Tyler R.

"10,000 Times Better Than a Spreadsheet"

What do you like best?

The absolute flexibility and freedom I get from Airtable. I love thinking, "Oh, I really want to see this look different. Oh wait, I CAN TOTALLY DO THAT!"

The ability to filter and sort what I want or need to see is second to none; clutter is almost nonexistent as long as I'm using the software properly. If I'm not, it's always an easy fix.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't mind a little more flexible cross-referencing, or multiple synced calendars. See, when I create a calendar view, I add options like I would any record. But it only allows for one "appointment type." I can create new tables, but there isn't an easy way to immediately sync them, so there are sometimes unnecessary fields in my calendar records when all I need to do is remember to call or meet someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the demo videos. Try out multiple templates. Think about the current problems you experience with your CRM and see if Airtable has a solution. Even if you already have a CRM, Airtable is going to be fantastic at organizing and scheduling things. You can cross-reference records to assign users to tasks and vice-versa. If something isn't working, just try another view or add another table and experiment with it. There is so much flexibility here that if you can't figure out a good way to use it, you're doing something wrong.

I've basically abandoned another CRM and started using this. It's faster, easier to read quickly, and I can immediately access bits of information I might need. Adding new records, updating records or moving them around is incredibly easy.

Airtable review by <span>Travis W.</span>
Travis W.

"I want to use this for everything!"

What do you like best?

Airtable feeds my compulsion for efficiency and organization. I constantly think of ways to use the system and ways to convince others to use it as well.

I like that it's simple enough for the average person to use and also allows complexity. The various templates are a great way to get ideas for creating new bases as well.

What do you dislike?

This took some thought, but I guess I would say that I dislike some of the limitations. There are some small 'quality of life' features I'd wish for. Such as the calendar view. Most of the other views are highly customized in that you can determine what fields are scene. I remember requesting this feature for calendar views as it seems this view received a bit less care. However, these things hardly take away the overall experience and I imagine the company is constantly improving their system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're keeping records or just need a solution that no one else can offer, Airtable is likely going to be flexible enough to give you what you want. There are tons of templates to look through to give you some ideas and the support team is wonderful.

I currently use airtable to generate a ticketing system which alerts me through slack. I also decided to use it to organize our lunch ordering system which seems to be working well. In my personal use I use it for various film projects.

Airtable clearly creates a space of efficiency and order. There is far less stress in my life.

Airtable review by <span>Roland M.</span>
Roland M.

"The best data management system"

What do you like best?

Airtable is entirely easy to manage the database.

There are dozens of templates available for any intended use. You can create in your own account a number of databases and invite people to separate bases in the absence of access to everything. Also this service has an excellent mobile application, the functionality of which is at the highest level.

What do you dislike?

I believe that design can deserve a certain improvement. This is acceptable and easy to use, but in that case it is easy to use, so I would like to have the ability to merge records between databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully advise Airtable for any company, large or small. Just make sure that you are flexible in different systems with your team. Also in this service there are strong working tools that can help you create and work more productively and efficiently for the purpose of your company.

With this platform, we have strong support, which constantly gives us the chance to process any content. We can add investments, large textual information or links to documentation in another table.

Airtable review by <span>Antony B.</span>
Antony B.

"Perfect to use."

What do you like best?

The best step to organize everything, with anyone, from every place. I like that with our mobile and desktop apps make it simple to redact, comment, and cooperate in real-time — changes are immediately synced via everyone’s devices. I like that platform very much.

What do you dislike?

Very useful software which does not bring any bad problems on our working process. All tools working well. I like it. I don't think about to change that platform. Till now everything suits me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you will have a lot of wonderful work. You will see how fast It can do their work. Just a few clicks to link records between tables, making clever relationships. I recommend it to you. I guess it is will be a good helper to you.

Actually, it is strong filtering, sorting, and grouping gives us the freedom to settle our work just the way we like. Also, we can select the right apperance for our content, and save them for light access every time.

Airtable review by <span>Parker L.</span>
Parker L.

"Good interface"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Airtable is its quality. It is convenient and easy to use without sacrificing too much functionality. This allows the user to create a database from scratch or use predefined templates that allow for rapid development. The basics are intuitively laid out, so that when you first use it, you configure it quickly and clearly

What do you dislike?

If the company is big, the price justifies itself, but for a small company it would be desirable to price cheaper. Also, it would be nice to have a downloadable version of the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use Airtable, the interface is so intuitive that many functions are understood at a subconscious level. It's nice to have an Airtable for simplicity, simplicity and clarity.

Currently, I use this to manage the workload in my team, as well as to manage content and manage individual projects. It was easy to work in my team, and different views were useful, so they could only see their tasks.

Airtable review by <span>Taylor R.</span>
Taylor R.

"Airtable Review"

What do you like best?

The organizational structure of Airtable is so user friendly. My coworkers and I are able to communicate much better since some staff members work remotely and are working at different times then our normal office hours.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes adding a lot of dates can make things harder to find. It is very well organized and structured, but it can get to be massive and overwhelming from certain views. I think it would be easier if when as task is completed it could go into a separate section possibly? Instead of crowding into all of the uncompleted tasks.

Communicating with team members in different areas of the country. Instead of having to dig through our emails, all of the information is in a central location. Being able to add documents and files has been incredible! It's so helpful to be able to reference things in a grid format.

Airtable review by <span>Alex S.</span>
Alex S.

"Finally unlimited custom fields"

What do you like best?

Airtable is the only truly dynamically customizable project management tool and its got so much capacity to push info and then sort to your heart's content.

What do you dislike?

I don't really understand the 1200 record limit per base. it's not the worst thing by any means, but it seems kind of arbitrary. Also I'd LOVE it to have a more robust google calendar integration, but it doesn't without some zapier integrations which are never as good as something native.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter what other software you're used to using, try out Airtable. the 10 minute video will show you everything needed to be a great user.

My biggest complain about other PM software is having so few custom fields. Rarely in 8 years of managing projects has a software predicted all the fields and types i'd actually need, let alone make them available right from go in a free version. Airtable has made dynamic grouping and project assessment and tracking possible in ways quite literally no other option in the market has.

Airtable review by <span>Benjy U.</span>
Benjy U.

"Best Data Management System"

What do you like best?

AirTable is best for team collaboration and getting projects done. It's pretty much an all-in-one platform for tasks and project management.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a steep learning curve for new users. We've had a few team members feel like it is too difficult to learn. But it's worth it! Although there is not much so far to dislike, I personally wish their layout, font, and look can be a bit more customizable. But that's a lot to ask from such a great company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend Airtable for any company, large or small. It's a great company with a great vision. The learning curve may be a bit steep for some users, but it's worth it.

We do a lot of team work, and AirTable lets our boss organize and assign certain tasks to individuals on our team. It's also great because you can get instant email notifications when something is assigned.

Airtable review by <span>Christine Stella P.</span>
Christine Stella P.

"positive results for an already integrated team"

What do you like best?

AirTable has been helpful for us to gain more cohesion on different projects and clients that we are working with. We value that documents in our drive are linkable and this is certainly a generative function for our teams big picture.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it were a bit more user friendly in the areas of customization. As an intuitive user I find it be just fine and that is not the case for all of my team members or all of my teams. It would also be great if it were more linked to other apps for plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be sure that you are flexible across different systems with your team - the cohesion that I desire is not part of how I have known it to be and overall its a great resource.

We are solving for communication shortfalls for a large complex team with mobile offices. We are invested in being able to stay integrated but independent and the connectivity or bird eye-view quality of AirTable is helpful to us in that regard. I can see what other folks are doing and they can pke into my progress on something as well. Its also great that we can all be working at the same time on the build out and manage our own internals while cooperatively supporting something else.

Airtable review by <span>Megan B.</span>
Megan B.

"Using Airtable for school"

What do you like best?

Love that it is accessible anywhere without having to download a software. So easy to use, very user friendly for anyone looking to organize and display a large amount of data.

What do you dislike?

Would love if possible to link across multiple databases. As it is now, we have to repeat a lot of data across the different databases. But! This is a slight drawback and the benefits far outweigh this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to sort and store a lot of data, track multiple things from project to project, and use something that everyone on the team can use no matter where you are-- Airtable is for you.

Airtable makes it possible for staff of 6 people to manage a school within a college that has anywhere from 200 - 250 students a semester.

Airtable review by <span>HANUMANTHA RAO B.</span>
HANUMANTHA RAO B.

"Its a Extended version of Airtable"

What do you like best?

It makes life simpler with all a professional wanted.

What do you dislike?

We cannot have an option to automate things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just bored with Excel and want to see what insights you can achieve by using your data. Then go for AIRTABLE.

We actually bought the product under NGO discount. And also it got referral points which help us take add-ons with using points rather than paying money.

To get different prospectives out of it. It gives great insights from the data you have with different data formats. It makes life easy for a manager to collaborate with the teams. The new launch of Airtable boards helped us in getting a great insight by using customised dashboards. If they could really bring automation then it would be a No. One leading Application in the world.

Overall if you start using the product you love it like anything.

Airtable review by <span>Diego R.</span>
Diego R.

"EASY MANAGEMENT"

What do you like best?

well the thing i like the best from airtable i that you can control every area of your project, i have like 7 tabs for different processes of the construccion and i can manage every one of the separately and go from one tab to the other widout keeping track of any of them i like to the fact that you can close the app and whe you open it again it stay right where you left it that is very useful

What do you dislike?

i dont really like the design of the software it looks like a children web page but at the same time thats why its very easy to use it everything its right there in front of you

Recommendations to others considering the product

its very easy to use everythimg its right in front of you

we had a problem on the sales department we had a lot of prospects to buy a house and with airtable now we have a perfect register of every one of them

Airtable review by <span>Zev S.</span>
Zev S.

"Full featured relational database that is as easy as using Excel"

What do you like best?

Airtable is fully manageable relational database. It is easy to set up tables and relationships to other tables. There are dozens of templates available for every imaginable use case. You can create an use multiple databases (called Bases) in your account and invite people to individual Bases without giving access to everything. It is cloud-based and has a fantastic mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I think the design can benefit from some improvement. It is acceptable and easy to use, but it I would not consider an excellent example of design brilliance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create some trial Bases to play with before you actually try to set up a table with critical information. They have some great relational field options but it takes a willingness to read a few paragraphs in their help files to set them up correctly.

I use it to manage everything from managing customers and investors to tracking project feature to recording business loans and payments. Everything is in one place. Available on all my devices and I can manage users on each database.

Airtable review by <span>Bruce H.</span>
Bruce H.

"Create a custom database for any need"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create a database to store nearly any type of information, and link between tables. Reports and custom views then allow you to view that data in many different ways. The interface is attractive and easy to use, but is also pretty powerful once you start digging through all the functionality.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to be able to link records between bases. However, I understand their reasoning behind not allowing this, as their price structure is based on the number of records per base, and this would open up a big loophole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free tier, and set up few of the free templates to get a good idea of the possibilities before jumping in with your own data.

We are using Airtable to store all of our business contacts in one location - clients, vendors, affiliates, and more - for our real estate business, and organize them by category. We are able to easily sort by any field, search, and to cross-reference by associated company or organization.

We also track our incoming and current leads, as well as ongoing transactions and scheduled appointments. We can create notes and cross-reference them to any number of records in other tables.

Airtable review by <span>Gabriel M.</span>
Gabriel M.

"Ideal for Project Management and Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

AirTable has allowed our nonprofit organization to put important and diverse data for our various programs in grantmaking and professional development in one place. Instead of working off of various Excel sheets, we are able to stay organized, streamlining project tasks, outcomes, and disparate details. It's easy to use and has a clean design as well. We appreciate the ability to visualize things differently such as spreadsheet, kanban, or calendar views.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any real issues with AirTable, but certainly we had to invest some time to best understand and consider best practices for linking data within a base.

In a field where nonprofit organizations often face challenges relating to staff capacity, AirTable has allowed our organization to maximize our staff time and reduce email communication.

Airtable review by <span>Tami Osmer M.</span>
Tami Osmer M.

"Database, spreadsheet, organization, collaboration and more"

What do you like best?

Its hard to say what I like best. I love the versatility for whatever I need to organize, whether it is a data list, scheduling calendar, or research log. I love the ability to include art/photos right in the cell. I love the sort and group functions , and the multiple views! So many, many ways to manipulate and view all the same data!

What do you dislike?

I miss the ability of other similar products to be able to add a color to a row background for highlighting

With social media, I'm able to not only include all the details I need, but the images of the posts as well. I also run an international event calendar, and find Airtable to be the perfect tool for organizing it. Its integration with Zapier has saved me countless hours weekly.

Airtable review by <span>Sergio M F.</span>
Sergio M F.

"great, but with some small tweaks could be awesome"

What do you like best?

the user experience and ease of creating a database (which is completely flexible and can accommodate several different uses), the easy connectivity to multiple collaborators and the no fuss experience with uploading different files/attachments to the various records

What do you dislike?

It is kind of perplexing that there is no offline option, since that seems rather basic and would be a real game changer for field work (I would also appreciate if there was a "single record view", much like filemaker pro)

Recommendations to others considering the product

take some time to plan and understand how to customize the database before implementing it.

We are building a database for academic research, and our different collaborators and students can easily contribute to it, as well as organize how those contributions are made

Airtable review by <span>Rachel M.</span>
Rachel M.

"Airtable is very convenient and useful!"

What do you like best?

Having multiple tables going with different coworkers streamlines communication and keeps everyone organized. I can keep all of my data in one place no matter who I'm collaborating with.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing and overwhelming when you first download the application. I wish it was more user friendly but once you understand the different tools it can be very effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Become familiar with the application because there is a lot of useful tools packed inside of it. The more you learn about it the more useful it can be for your company as a whole.

Our internal organization has improved tremendously since utilizing Airtable. Whenever we need to look something up we know exactly where to go to find it. We have seen an increase in participation because it is easy to contribute.

Airtable review by <span>Todd G.</span>
Todd G.

"Fantastic tool!"

What do you like best?

Airtable is extremely powerful and versatile, meaning it can be used in a wide variety of ways. Along with extensive functionality, the company is constantly innovating and releasing new features all the time. It's very simple and convenient, much more so than any other tool with similar intentions. The examples and templates are extremely helpful, it's great for collaboration, and it can handle just about any time of data/inputs. All-around very powerful, like spreadsheets on steroids.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. It handles everything I can think of and more, considering there are a lot of current features that I am not yet taking advantage of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It might take a couple days to really understand it's capabilities but well worth working through it.

Collaboration with colleagues

Project management

Asset/resource sharing

Client/customer information

Airtable review by <span>Kate J.</span>
Kate J.

"Spreadsheets You Love To Use - And that work better"

What do you like best?

It plays well with Zapier, making for very powerful integrations. The ability to create spreadsheets and databases for just about anything that you can think of, and it's incredibly easy on the eyes. There is a bit of a learning curve to really get the most out of it, but once you do - the possibilities are endless! It also has a great crowd-sourced templating system that is amazing!

What do you dislike?

Genuinely cannot think of anything. It does more than I expected!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time exploring the Airtable universe - the examples the community has provided really open up your eyes to its potential power.

Keeping track of ongoing projects and capturing ideas - the mobile app makes it easy to capture these things in a standardized way.

Airtable review by <span>Julia R.</span>
Julia R.

"The best task organizer out there"

What do you like best?

Unlike other software I've used in the past like Asana and Trello, AirTable is built for collaboration. The tables are all incredibly customizable and it's easy to integrate streamlined task management that touches multiple hands. Absolutely necessary if you have remote workers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing of substance I see wrong with it. Maybe the initial learning curve? But that was easy to get over after just poking around for a little while

We have a lot of remote contributors and this has helped us all maintain a schedule and deadlines. We've also been able to identify who has been getting loaded with work and who is squeaking by with an empty plate because each task has individual assignees.

Airtable review by Administrator

"Pretty powerful if you don't mind playing with it for a while"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of functionality, so it can combine Typeform/Google Forms, Dropbox, Excel/Google Sheets, and probably a few other programs all into one. It is pretty easy to collaborate and a few people working in a table at once.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit tricky to get a handle of. The fact that it looks like a spreadsheet but does not behave like one can be a bit frustrating, as simple things like "display in X column what is in Y column in another table" can be challenging, but I have found ways around it. I actually kind of like that part, as it is very much like coding/puzzle solving, but I can see others being sometimes frustrated by it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dynamic linking would really be wonderful, as that would help get over the "this looks like Excel but is not" issue. By "dynamic linking" I mean being able to take one field, perform some simple formula on it (e.g. add a month to a date) and then use that result as the linked record.

We are using it to accept information from potential clients as well as to keep track of active projects once we sign statements of work with the clients. I am also finding ways to use it to set up alerts about missing/late invoices, project overruns, and more.

Airtable review by <span>Hannah .</span>
Hannah .

"Tool to track anything and everything"

What do you like best?

It's so flexible for data tracking. You create your own database exactly the way you want it. You don't have to know code. I have been able to use it to track blog posts, reading lists, special projects, and everything in between. Plus, they have tons of pre-made templates to jumpstart your project. You can also view all the multiple uses of other users on the Airtable Universe. If you haven't thought how you will use Airtable yet, you will come up with multiple ideas browsing through the templates and Universe.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone and Android apps are way behind in terms of development. You cannot see multiple types of views for what you already have setup on the web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try. Go check out the ready made templates from Airtable or look at Airtable Universe. You will find so many different uses, both for business and personal.

I have been able to track Blog posts information such as due dates, topics, post images, and authors. I have also been able to use it to track meeting dates and display them on my website by embedding the Airtable 'base'. All I have to do is update the base and it automatically shows on my website. I'm also using it to keep track of proposals for funding. I am able to keep track of every single detail I want such as proposal name, the actual proposal document, proposal due date, proposal amount, status, and program the funding will be used for.

Airtable review by <span>Cristina G.</span>
Cristina G.

"Excellent visual platform for "boring" data"

What do you like best?

The visual elements of airtable make it easy for me to get people excited about spreadsheets. My team is engaged in a way that they were not with Excel or Google. I love the secret link function which allows me to share what data I want with each manager, so that they don't have to slog through item after item of data that is not relevant to them.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could link two distinct bases. Some info is best kept discreet, but there are instances where linking would allow me to remove some manual processes. We have built a based to manage budgets and spending and it would be great if my budget plan base could "talk to" my budget tracking base. I feel that putting all of these tabs in one base will make it difficult for my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of the really desirable features are pay features. Do your research and consider your needs before switching as there is a cost - however I feel it is worth the cost for our organization.

Airtable allows me to track budget expenditures with a varied group of managers and support staff. We can develop reports in a visual way that is easy for the managers to read and removes duplicative processes that were necessary when using other software.

Airtable review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"Sophisticated yet so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love the customization and ease of moving fields around. The training & online documentation is also more thorough than I'd have expected.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to have skip logic on some of the forms, but also totally get why that's probably just not possible. It's not a perfect program, but it is incredibly full-featured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing something fairly complex, take the time to map out your data and figure out what's going to go where. On the other hand, it's really easy to move things around once you have them in place.

We are combining information from where it used to live, in a variety of Google Sheets, and in a variety of Surveymonkey surveys. Now all our information is in one place and functions more like a database than a collection of spreadsheets. It's so much easier to look at our client data and keep things up-to-date and accurate.

Airtable review by <span>Peter H.</span>
Peter H.

"So Close to a Perfect Database Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

I love having an easy to use cloud-based database. I love the various viewing options - it can be like Trello on steroids. I love how easy it is to collaborate and store data and doesn't require a ton of training to understand or use.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is that despite being called a database, it still doesn't have the most compelling features of a relational database. You can't connect workspaces and the connections between tables within a workspace are pretty limited. Not being able to connect workspaces makes it hard to control which data is shared with different people and keeping workspaces clean. The lack of relational ability limits how useful and dynamic the data is. I also wish the filters were more robust. I would absolutely love even simply BI tools that could easily layer on top of the data and have everything in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep in mind that it is not a true relational database, yet (I hope!). It is great for lots of uses, but certainly not everything.

We use Airtable to store all of the info on our team members and manage all of our internal projects. It is great because I'm able to easily tie team members to individual projects and see what projects team members have done. I wish I could also create fields that filtered out old vs. current projects, but maybe someday. They constantly add new features, so I'm really crossing my fingers that they address my issues eventually.

Airtable review by <span>Luis R.</span>
Luis R.

"Simple yet Robust for most in-house solutions..."

What do you like best?

Ease of entry to start using the platform. Great set of tools to start building out everyday solutions at your work. After a while almost anything can be imagined on the platform. Working for a non-profit that can't afford larger platform databases this has been fun to work with.

Collaboration has worked smoothly compared to other platforms we have used. We were able to bring in interns at our Agency this summer and get them into several of our bases with ease, and were able to check on their work real time.

Nice workspace that allows a team to sandbox their ideas and get instant feedback and help from others.

What do you dislike?

There are still some missing data structures that would really make this thing shine for the price and features. My first thought is digital signatures for forms. I did send message to help desk so will see their reply on the matter. My Agency just ok'd a subscription from the free so maybe I may find better tools in the blocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into your workflows and single out excel files that are keeping track of information. Now throw those at Airtable just to get your feet wet and see how much better it manages that data. Ease of web access, filters, sorts, etc.

Start small and then let your imagination go from there. I have dabbled in Airtable for several years and now and the feature set keeps improving.

We have and are still working on asset inventory, print toner inventory tracking, IT dept. purchases, and have been currently working on converting several Agency forms into Airtable forms to better keep track with underlying database capture.

Airtable review by <span>Zack M.</span>
Zack M.

"The single best tool I've come across"

What do you like best?

Airtable is friendly and highly functional, easy-to-use but deceptively powerful. I work with young people, and they have no problem understanding the system. But at the same time, Airtable has ingenious calendar tools; a "why didn't 'they' think of that before" auto-integration of sheets, forms, Kanban (Trello) boards, and galleries; and integrations with other apps both in-app and via Zapier. It's everything we need to run our nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

Airtable still has a little ways to go, especially re: user permissions and data validation. Fine tuning base access, and creating folders of bases, is still out of reach. And views need to be lockable, so that myself and other staff don't inadvertently change complex filter setups. And data validation tools on dropdown lists should be a no-brainer, since accidentally manually adding an item to a multiple-choice field is just too easy. But overall—Airtable is excellent, and has gotten demonstrably better every month since we began using it about 6 months ago. I trust it will keep improving!

We're using Airtable to manage all aspects of our nonprofit, from tracking clients, staff, and partners, to building grant and media production calendars, to creating openly accessible tables for volunteer and Board involvement. It's solved almost all our organizational challenges.

Airtable review by <span>Haden B.</span>
Haden B.

"Up and running in no time!"

What do you like best?

Hands down, my favorite feature is the interface. It's intuitive, easy to use, and provides a mechanism to capture and share data without having to build a front-end from scratch. Setting up tables and linking your data is straight forward and doesn't require prior experience with database development. The blocks feature is useful for both data analysis and project management.

What do you dislike?

I have three issues, none of which are deal-breakers. First, I don't like the fact that when searching a linked field it doesn't search all parts of the linked record (exa: you have to know the business ID, you can't search by business name). You can get around this with the search block, but it would be nice to eliminate the extra step. Second, I'd like to see pre-populated values in form view for capturing data, or dynamic forms that change based on what you select. Lastly, the video tutorials could be refined to include more voiceover and less music. The text is straight-forward and helpful, but for a visual learner more elaborate videos would help a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to setting up and using a database, take the time to read each tutorial and building a few practice bases. Look at the provided templates to get an idea of what features are available and think about how you could apply them to your situation.

We're using Airtable to capture and archive information requests related to challenges in healthcare. Once an issue is resolved, we document the solution in an effort to help others who may be faced with similar challenges. Airtable provided us a way to track our progress without the need for outside database development.

Airtable review by User

"AirTable is basically exactly what we needed for research, team management, & our WordPress site"

What do you like best?

AirTable is terrifically smart, with a user-focused design and interface that is truly impressive. It is already great, and I look forward to seeing it get even better over time.

- An intuitive interface, which allows me to get new part-time student volunteers up, running, and collaborating on AirTable with minimal training on my part

- WordPress website compatibility (info we save on AirTable can show up instantly on our WordPress-based website, showing exactly the fields we specify)

- Control over info (I decide which info gets shown on WordPress from a base; I decide whether other collaborators can add columns, I can grant access to some bases but not others or to an entire workspace, etc.)

-An amazing array of hugely useful options for organizing information, with both easy pre-packaged options (choosing a certain type of column display) along with higher-end, customizable database type features (i.e., linking across records).

- Color coding (along with the option to turn it off) and other useful visual features, which helps me focus on key info

- The ability to save images and documents with each record, with super fast and easy drag & drop functionality

What do you dislike?

*** 1 *** I don't like that pro and premium users have to pay for each Workspace they use, rather than just getting premium access to AirTable. I like to organize my information, and separate out different projects. That is important to me. But I can't put spreadsheets for a different project into a separate workspace, or I will get charged double for it. That is annoying, because I suspect that few people are really paying double, triple, etc. for AirTable premium access. They are just having to give up on organizing their AirTable bases, and then granting access to collaborators to individual bases instead of workspaces. I wish that AirTable would rethink that, because it doesn't seem to be putting the customer first.

*** 2 *** To be able to make key info within a given cell stand out visually, I want to be able to bold or color certain words, as one can in an Excel spreadsheet. That is not possible in AirTable.

*** 3 *** I would like to have more text wrapping and associated row height options and controls for key fields.

*** 4 *** I want to be able to have "bases" talk to each other (i.e., reference information about team members from a different base to link to records in another base.) If bases can't be better programmed to talk to one another, I would like to have the option to automatically copy the content from one table into another base, to serve essentially the same function, albeit less efficiently.

*** 5 *** My needs are very image heavy (i.e., uploading many docs and photos), and I would like to have an export option that exports the photos/docs, and not just text. Among other things, it would make me feel better about being able to save a full backup locally.

*** 6 *** Display options on iPads and mobile devices are currently pretty limited, so less useful for our team management bases (for example, to do lists.) I hope they focus on improving that for the future.

*** 7 *** I can see how a per user pricing model works for corporate uses, where each user might spend a significant amount of time on AirTable. However, many non-profit and educational institutions often have a lot of workers who each work a small number of hours per month/year. Even with non-profit/educational pricing (which I appreciate), the per user costs are still pretty high. I wish that the non-profit/educational discounts could involve an option to pay per base, or pay per workspace rather than per user in each workspace -- with everyone (or up to a certain number, say 10 users) having editing privileges rather.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for WordPress compatibility in basic ways; however, I wish there was a PlugIn on WordPress for AirTable that could facilitate options on the display (for example, AirTable shows up smaller than the width of my WordPress site, and I wish there were easy options for fixing that.) But it is amazingly easy to set up on WordPress websites to pull from a select array of info on an AirTable, with wonderful filtering options included. It really is pretty amazing.

I am engaged in a non-for-profit social enterprise, leading a team of students in a social good project at a university. AirTable allows me and my team of students to:

A) organize content-rich data along with associated documents (i.e., titles and abstracts of research studies that we share with others doing research on those areas, while attaching PDFs of the articles for our internal, university use only)

B) Our WordPress site automatically pulls the fields I want over into our website, with full read-only search, filtering, and sorting capabilities by users. There is almost no time lag in the transmission of that information to the website.

3) I will be moving most of my student team management tools (to do lists, contact lists, dates of employment, etc.) to AirTable, so it will be one-stop-shopping for keeping track of both of the logistical aspects of the team's work, and much of their research and associated output.

Airtable review by <span>Andrew J.</span>
Andrew J.

"Simple, powerful and secure"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to just get started - I was up and running in 10 minutes and was surprised at just how easy and intuitive it was to link data. I did not have to look at any of the instruction videos - it was all logically laid out and I just followed my nose.

When it comes to data entry, I love how Airtable does complex tasks - linking to more than one record of another table at a time is completely effortless, and there are a great variety of field types available. Linking to other tables is also so easy - live searching of matching records has saved me hours of time (and possibly my sanity).

Airtable is an absolute pleasure to work with

What do you dislike?

Filtering and searching can be a little fiddly for shared views. It would be great to have a more powerful search that, instead of just highlighting matches, shows *only* the matches. The search also doesn't cover any free text fields, though this is an option when upgrading to the Pro plan

Recommendations to others considering the product

After a pretty exhaustive search of online databases, Airtable is definitely one of the better products out there. It does a great job of presenting fundamental database concepts in an extremely easy-to-understand way. The ability to live-search linked records as you entering data is gold.

As a choir, we have a large back-catalogue of (over 25 years!) of sheet music which we need to be able to refer back to. Being able to sort or filter the music based on things such who arranged the music, the genre, the parts, the artist, etc is very important.

Airtable has made it so easy to do this in a friendly and easy to use way. Our non-technical staff can easily add new music or search existing pieces and we are able to link directly to PDF files of the sheet music, making management of well over a thousand musical arrangements an absolute breeze!

Airtable review by <span>Sergio R.</span>
Sergio R.

"More than you see at first sight"

What do you like best?

At first sight, you see a solution for real states vendors. A lot of colours. But when you try it, the first surprise is the ease of implementation.

The second surprise is Blocks. There a lot of needs when you work with hardware like bar scanners or label printers. With Blocks, you can find workarounds to avoid developments.

The multiplatform capacity and the mobile apps allow using Airtable in different environments.

What do you dislike?

Almost the important issues of Airtable are related to user interface/experience. For example, not there is any way to prevent the creation of records accidentally when you work in Grid view.

The lack of an autonumber option that backs to next value when you delete the last record created accidentally.

No there are professional solutions to export bases.

Blocks are a game changer on Airtable, but they need more development.

The file upload from Google Drive is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airtable, at first sight, seems a solution for non-professional customers. But just try it. Is a really professional tool for a lot of needs in a company.

You can use Airtable to mockup solutions. But is probable that a lot of mockups will transform in final products without leave Airtable.

Airtable allows resolving urgent needs related to databases solutions.

Any user with experience on spreadsheets can create a solution without waste time explaining the problem to a developer.

The benefits are the excellent use of time.

Airtable review by Administrator

"Sharing information is so easy!!!"

What do you like best?

Information is only entered once, instead of multiple time by multiple people, which is how we were doing it before. Airtable is saving us so much time. Everyone has access to the same information, and it is LIVE!...No updates or versions necessary! The mobile app works great and is so helpful in a meeting.

What do you dislike?

We are still looking for things we don't like. There are so many things we like we haven't really found much we don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to organize information and track things. If you are intimidated by databased programs, try this! It's so easy!

We are tracking expenditures in one base, which allows our budget admin to see all entries as soon as they are entered. She was previously copying those transactions from our hardcopy purchasing card statements on a monthly basis. This allows us to know exactly how much in in our accounts at all times.

We are also using another base to schedule and track the assignments of all professors to their courses. This allows us to see if teachers are overloading their schedules or teaching too few courses. It has truly streamlined our planning process.

We are working on integrating Airtable into our stage production process as well.

Airtable review by <span>Luann J.</span>
Luann J.

"Powerful product, great price"

What do you like best?

I started out using Airtable as a glorified spreadsheet and have slowly added functionality. I know it has a lot more power than I'm currently making use of, or even have time to learn about (see the next comments...). But I'm gradually replacing Excel as my go-to information management system. Most of what I need to track I can do at the free level, and once I got enough data in one workspace that I had to start paying for it, I was glad to. I run a very small non-profit, so the cost is minimal to us.

What do you dislike?

I know I could be using Airtable a lot more powerfully, but I don't find how to do that to be intuitive. The last time I built a database was about 20 years ago, in Microsoft Access. Things have changed since then, and I'm rusty. Although there are plenty of training options, I find that limited time keeps me limping along with my old systems rather than fully digging into Airtable's capacities. I wish I had a weekend that I could just geek out and learn everything Airtable can do, but, alas....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn enough about Airtable to set it up the way you need it the first time.

CRM and project management. Being able to integrate with MailChimp is great.

Airtable review by <span>Jessica B.</span>
Jessica B.

"Great data management tool for field research and sales"

What do you like best?

Our team was previously using Google Sheets to enter client contact data and track sales activities. When scaled to 5 sales members, this became a mess - so many misspellings and differently formatted dates, etc. Airtable is super useful to help us standardize much of our data entry through fields like single and multiple select. It was also really easy to link these records - just format the field and copy/paste the unique ID. The calendar view option has also been great to see our daily operations and the upcoming tasks scheduled.

What do you dislike?

Airtable is great, but still relatively new and I'm sure many things are under development. The key missing feature is the ability to separate data which can be viewed by managers and individual field agents. We'd like to have 1 database which can be used by managers to see all sales' agents data in one place; however, to do this, the sales agents will all have access to each other's data (not preferred from a data security standpoint). Our only option is to create separate databases for each sales person and then manually copy/paste the data into a new workbook. (Note: A Zapier integration can be used to automatically add new entries from one workbook into a master workbook - but it only works for NEW entries and will not update existing records.)

The other key feature missing for us is offline capability, which is essential for rural areas anywhere in the world (including the US).

Our data was previously too difficult to manage and we had limited ability to summarize and analyze for the big picture. Our individual users also had difficulty finding linked records, which limited their ability to use the data they had already entered. Our sales executives are now saying this is really easy to use and they're finding new ways to manage their client visits. At the management level, we're seeing fuller and better quality data and excited about all of the new possibilities to see the data.

Airtable review by <span>David E.</span>
David E.

"Easy to learn. Intuitive interface. We got up and running in less than 3 hours with the templates."

What do you like best?

The templates were really helpful in giving us a framework to work from. Knowing what's possible in AirTable allowed us to essentially "plug-and-play" and get up and running with only a small learning curve. The interface is intuitive because we are familiar with how spreadsheets work. All that said, the "Block" widgets are by far the best feature.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for the support team to get back to you can be improved. We'd like to see the ability to "lock" certain fields. There is currently no way to add a "required" field. This is relevant when creating a form for data input. The cost structure for this platform can be considered on the higher end for a "spreadsheet / database". There is no rich-text formatting for notes. We'd like to see the ability to track emails in future builds. This is relevant to building a more robust CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been recommending Airtable to our business partners and so far, they really like what they see.

Airtable review by <span>Thomas G.</span>
Thomas G.

"AirTable for Education"

What do you like best?

AirTable is incredible easy to set up and use. It combined the best of spreadsheets and databases into a very unique and flexible tool. Setting up a new asset management system for a one-to-one laptop school was a breeze.

What do you dislike?

As a school, we have a few more use cases that AirTable would be great for but the cost quickly becomes unsustainable if you want to give every teacher the ability to edit a base.

Our first solution with AirTable is an asset management system for a computer help desk in a one-to-one school. AirTable is very easy to use and has a beautiful aesthetic that results and a customization simple inventory system.

Airtable review by Administrator

"Air Table is great for our Small NonProfit Org Program!"

What do you like best?

We love how easy Air Table is to use & set up, how the tables can be linked and embedded/shared, it looks easy enough like Google Sheets but much more dynamic and powerful. It is also great for team collaboration, which is vital for our team.

What do you dislike?

I do wish you could link the primary column to other tables, however with formulas we were able to resolve this manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Air Table if it is appropriate to your needs - it is affordable, easy to set up, and dynamic for both organizations and individuals.

We are using AirTable to keep a comprehensive database of our teen program - our teens, their applications, mentors, their biodata, etc. We were unable to do this in an affordable way until we found AirTable. Also being able to link via Zapier is a huge plus, since we can feed our application forms from our website directly into Air Table bases.

Airtable review by User

"Lots of flexibility for team collaboration and project tracking"

What do you like best?

Our team is fairly new to Airtable, but so far we have been utilizing the forms integration as an easy way to easily funnel information into different tables and views. We really like the different view options as we all have different ways in which we like to visualize data, so this offers something for everyone.

What do you dislike?

We've run into some limitations with things like the Charts Block, where we can't quite visualize the data in a format that we're 100% happy with. Although we've been using forms quite a bit, it is still a very basic form that doesn't allow for things like skip logic, and the single or multi-select answer choices will cut off after a certain text length, meaning the person filling out the form can't read the entire option. This has been a point of some frustration for us, but we've been able to find ways to work around those issues. It would be fantastic to see a more robust forms option in the future.

We have streamlined the input of information by using forms, which has really helped us access data in a more simple and dynamic way than just exporting a Qualtrics survey into Excel, for instance. We're able to collaborate better as a team, and we are continuing to find new ways that Airtable could help us simplify processes in the future.

Airtable review by <span>Marcelo R.</span>
Marcelo R.

"Airtable's quick and simple deployment was a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

1) Very rapid deployment; 2) Powerful alternative to Google Sheets; 3) Incredibly easy to use. Airtable is a huge step-up from the single dimension of Google Sheets. It saved our volunteer-run non-profit serving many low-income youth from imploding during a very busy time.

What do you dislike?

We are still learning Airtable's, so some of these may simply be items we haven't yet discovered. 1) For our needs, a mail-merge integration (such as YAMM on Google Sheets) would be very useful (we'd like to not use GS altogether); 2) Need to format colors, fonts, etc. on a per-cell, per column, or per-row basis; 3) Would love to set and limit the options on Single Select from items on a separate table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can use Google Sheets, Airtable is a snap.

1) Facilitating team collaboration; 2) Works very well with other cloud-based apps using Zapier; 3) Been using primarily as a database, but project management and other features will come in very handy.

Airtable review by <span>Nasrin B.</span>
Nasrin B.

"Perfect one-stop shop"

What do you like best?

Can't really just pick one thing. I love the versatility for whatever I need to organize, whether it's planning an event, managing a content calendar, or a research log. I love the ability to include photos right in the cell. I love the sort and group functions , and the multiple views! So many, many ways to manipulate and view all the same data!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out as a problem. Would love to have the ability to link between bases, so we can really create a centralized database for some of our uses but definitely can live without.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to become familiar with the application because there is a lot of useful tools packed inside of it. The more you learn about it the more useful it can be for your company as a whole. There can be a learning curve in the beginning but just keep playing with it. Setting up the bases will really help you clarify what kind of data you're collecting and why.

Project management

Event planning

Asset/resource sharing

Client/customer information

Content Calendar

Airtable review by <span>Justine D.</span>
Justine D.

"Excellent collaborative database tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use Airtable is and how beautiful the end result is. Gallery views are fantastic and I use them to share information with my students all the time. Form submissions to add information has been transformative to my tracking of student projects.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything. I do wish you could use the gallery view on the iphone app, but I know they're working on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see if it works for your needs. The free version was enough for our purposes for nearly a year.

I use Airtable to track progress on projects and to manage tasks with large teams. For example, I have all the students submit their paper topic via a form and then it's immediately visible to them in a saved gallery view so they can see what all the claimed topics are and see who might be a logical research partner. This way they also don't all try to work on the same topic as they can immediately see each others' topics.

Airtable review by <span>Travis N.</span>
Travis N.

"A Growing Platform for a Growing Program"

What do you like best?

I coordinate a growing film program, and I like the ability to have large amounts of data at my fingertips. It's very easy to setup databases and link the data across datasets. I appreciate the design aesthetic. It feels very modern and fun but not cutesy.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the iOS apps to be a little more robust. You can do basic data entry on them, but you can't create all the views available in the web app. Having access to data offline in the iOS app seems to be a key missing feature. I'd like to see more customization in forms and views.

As a growing educational film program, we need to coordinate both students and equipment in a way that maximizes resources. Airtable allows us to visualize a lot of data very quickly. We are able to get large amounts of data directly from the student and streamline a lot of our old paper processes.

Airtable review by <span>Kathleen P.</span>
Kathleen P.

"Still learning the ropes, but easy to build out what you need"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform is there because the range of fields is fairly thorough without being unwieldy. And this includes the ability to link to other tables (making this a true database and not just a workbook).

What do you dislike?

This seems like the sort of platform where because we can set it up without guidance, the first couple of bases we set up will not be so great as we'll make mistakes in set up. But we're prepared to grow and adapt as we go. The high volume of bases allowed means we can just create a new one when we figure things out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and check out their extensive video library of instructionals. Also, check out the example bases that they offer. There's more there for you to see all the possible ways of setting up the tool for a wide range of management scenarios where you would otherwise be trapped in spreadsheet land.

We're using it for a multi-channel editorial calendar. It's easier to work with than the Google spreadsheet we were using in the past.

Airtable review by <span>Kent L.</span>
Kent L.

"Wow! Solved our NGO's DB challenges in a hurry!"

What do you like best?

We were able to upload our existing Excel files for our clients and sponsors and customize them within AirTable very quickly. The multiple views of our data including the Blocks features, putting our data on maps and charts is exceptional. The ability to construct an input form for field data capture on smartphones is outstanding. AirTable solves many of our data challenges in a hurry!

What do you dislike?

The price can be a bit of a challenge but AirTable provides discounts for charities that make it much more affordable and worth the investment!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely worth a look, especially if your team are not database professionals.

We need to track our homeless clients in Cambodia from interview through to the building of their new homes and beyond. Airtable gives us many tools to do this very efficiently and effectively and to communicate with our teams and sponsors along the way. It will save us time and money and allow us to build more homes for the homeless. Thank you! 🙏🌞

Airtable review by <span>Danica R.</span>
Danica R.

"They weren't kidding about organizing EVERYTHING"

What do you like best?

I love that I can centralize a lot of information into one handy location, and that there are different views to present that information. Questions that used to take me 5 minutes or more to find the answer now take less than one. It's easy to use, designed well, and I haven't encountered any bugs so far. I also love the grouping and sorting functions, it has made a huge difference in organizing a lot of records.

What do you dislike?

I wish that everyone at my workplace would use Airtable so the IT department would be willing to get an Enterprise account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The beauty of Airtable is the ease of use and the flexibility with which you can use it. I use it to centralize and organize a lot of information and documents, but you could also use it as a checklist, program management tool, and probably many other ways I cannot think of right now. It's easy to collaborate with your team, and keeps everyone on the same page. To say that my work life has changed since I started using Airtable is not an exaggeration, it's just the truth.

I work for a non-profit research organization, and my department has a lot of grants and fellowships I need to organize and keep track of. I also have a boss who travels a lot, and whose travel arrangements can be complicated, with a lot of details to manage. Airtable can function as an organizer of information but I also use it as a checklist. It has drastically improved my efficiency and effectiveness in getting tasks done.

Airtable review by <span>krys n.</span>
krys n.

"Perfect solution for multiple spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

As a nonprofit, tracking grant funded projects was starting to become a nightmare with separate spreadsheets for each project, bunches of formulas to try not to screw up, and reporting headaches. I discovered Airtable, and managed to get a hold of all of my grants in on, colorful, easy to use base.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble with linking properly... but that's my fault not Airtables. I'm still learning just what all can be done with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot... the free version can do incredible things and when you need more advanced features the price is not unreasonable

Nonprofit. Grant funded projects (wildfire thinning and at-risk youth training)... previously having multiple spreadsheets for each project, figuring out how to produce reports from each for funders... Ugly :) Now I have one base where all data from all projects can be stored, and viewed multiple ways, making it a whole lot easier for me to keep track of everything.

Airtable review by <span>Rachel M.</span>
Rachel M.

"Airtable is All Powerful"

What do you like best?

It's UI is so easy to learn, and just busting with features. I really love the ability to use as many or as few features as I want. It's incredibly flexible, and it really lets me use it as a tool without much fuss. I can customize it however I need to.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a wider range of templates available. There's a good amount, but I think more user-submitted samples would be a good idea, tagged as such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time looking through tutorials and reading the tips/tricks, playing around with templates, etc. There's so much to learn, but it's so worth it, and their education materials are awesome.

I use Airtable for a million things, including invoicing, estimating, time tracking, content calendars, reports, social media management, and more. I have integrated forms built in Airtable into my Wordpress site, and they're absolutely seamless. Airtable ROCKS.

Airtable review by <span>Angela M.</span>
Angela M.

"Excellent collaboration tool for non-profits"

What do you like best?

This tool is a life saver! I am starting to wonder how I ever worked without it. My team has been using it for event planning, grants management, donor management, and more. If you are asking yourself, "Why shouldn't I just use Google Sheets?" the answer is because the functionality and customization of Airtable makes Google Sheets look like a toy. I love the ability to link records, color code, and easily customize field types.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything significant. It took me a few days to get used to the interface but once I figured it out it was so easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've searched high and low for a tool like this, none compares to Airtable in features and value.

We are tracking data that previously had been lost in emails or outdated spreadsheets. We have also been able to manage a large team of staff and volunteers for an upcoming event and share information between them.

Airtable review by <span>Nicholas B.</span>
Nicholas B.

"Excel, Google Sheets, & a database combined - but a little pricey"

What do you like best?

Airtable is pretty much the best combination of Excel, Google Sheets, and a database. Think about putting data into a spreadsheet, and then thinking you'd love to display that data in some sort of dashboard. Airtable lets you do this. Need to collect information from people via a form? Airtable lets you do this. Need to have the ability to upload files in cells? You can do this in Airtable too. Need to turn your data into a trello-like Kanban board? Airtable makes adding a view extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

I think it would make more sense to bill for one account, versus billing per workspace. I like the idea of being able to have multiple workspaces per billing account. That being said - I would not pay for one account that has unlimited workspaces if the current pricing per workspace applied. I think that's entirely too much to ask for the features that Airtable provides. As it stands right now, current pricing is a bit high for the features offered. To make Airtable a really solid replacement for most of your tools, you need the Blocks feature which is only available on the Plus plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look at the price and your current solutions.

Airtable provides a new way for us to manage our membership applications, the interview process, and our data in general. We're looking to Airtable to solve many of our problems around collecting data & reporting on that data.

Airtable review by <span>Hellene G.</span>
Hellene G.

"Brilliant, easy to use, powerful"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, ease of use, and its combination power as both a data management and project management tool. This is a weird thing to say, but it makes us happy - empowered and in control of our data, with tools to improve work flow and collaboration as a team.

What do you dislike?

This isn’t a dislike exactly, more like a realistic caution that because Airtable is really, really easy to use straight out of the box, it takes a little while to understand both its constraints and its real power as an analytic and reporting tool. If you need to go beyond a simple dataset, you totally can - just be ready to give the investment of time and thought that you would in any traditional database design.

Cloud technology means all data is secure and available real-time for all our team, wherever they work. It eliminates the need for costly in house or external consultants with technological expertize that as a small nonprofit we just cannot access. The collaboration features are really stellar, for example, we can send a link to an instructor that gives them real time data on course registrations as they come in, eliminating the need for creating and emailing multiple reports.

Airtable review by <span>Emmett M.</span>
Emmett M.

"An Excellent, Modern Database Solution"

What do you like best?

Airtable was first recommended by a colleague as a solution to managing our social media workflow. As we dug into the features, we quickly realized the possibilities of using Airtable to integrate our entire event-based workflow. From creating a directory of people to managing events from concept to historical archive, Airtable is an extremely flexible platform. The integration possibilities with Zapier and the newly released Block features make this an ideal platform for our organization. It just works.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot you can do through cross-referencing items in Airtable, and unfortunately the appearance of spreadsheet can be confusing initially. This leads to a lot of trial-and-error when building a working database and training new users. While the documentation is rich and extensive, more how-to guides for less tech savvy users would go a long way in a transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot possible with Airtable, so experiment and you're bound to find solutions that you weren't expecting to find.

Airtable has helped our organization collaborate and share information across departments. In the past, we would create individual spreadsheets every time someone needed specific information. With Airtable, the majority of our information lives in one place, and communication between departments is already increasing. The possibilities for automation with Blocks and Zapier have been very helpful in slowly moving workflows over, such as by creating an automated social media and email history in Airtable. Rather than overwhelm with information, the ability to make custom, personalized views that connect with the main database really brings the program to the next level.

Airtable review by <span>Ivah G.</span>
Ivah G.

"Great for non-profits"

What do you like best?

Our summer camp uses Airtable to combine and link information from our old mess of multiple Excel spreadsheets, and to provide high-level summaries and metrics for our program team. We track everything including bookings, purchasing, supplies and tech assets, grants, financials, staffing, scheduling and much more. With its ease-of-use, all of the options to group and report on data, and features like maps and other app integrations (through Airtable Blocks), we're still learning how powerful Airtable is, but we're excited for what it has done for our camp.

What do you dislike?

There are a handful of features we'd like to see, including linking between individual Bases and a version we could install locally on our own servers, aren't present at the time of this review.

The biggest benefit we get from using Airtable is helping us to provide actionable metrics for our program team drawn from a dozen or more different sources of information, allowing us to run our program more effectively.

Airtable review by <span>Josh K.</span>
Josh K.

"Solid Solution for Organizing People and Documents"

What do you like best?

Airtable provides features that Google Forms avoids. The ability to upload files, and then review form data—including uploaded files—just like a spreadsheet is extremely convenient. The ability to color code entries (with Pro version) creates a quick-review of responses to target specific needs at a given time.

What do you dislike?

Where Airtable falls short is the lack of conditional logic in form responses (e.g. if respondent chooses D, then show this question). Google Forms has made this feature a standard, and yet Airtable seems to actively avoid implementing this functionality. That is truly disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be on the lookout for progress in the feature set. Airtable might have power, but it lacks basic form functionality like conditional responses based on previous answers.

Cataloging and managing information provided by students in a graduate degree program. By also accepting file uploads, Airtable allows us to create a one-stop student correspondence portal for graduate program administration.

Airtable review by Administrator

"Excellent for Database Management"

What do you like best?

Airtable allows me to sync my company's inventory databases across all of my devices. I can access quantities, images, and other details of my items. This comes in handy when I'm away at a show and need to know how much product I still have on hand.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a good option for printing data. The image tile screen would be perfect for printing an inventory list, but it isn't formatted for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Airtable to any user currently struggling with Excel (lack of features) or Access (difficult to use). It offers the strengths of both with none of the difficult. Exceptionally user-friendly and easy to setup.

Inventory quantity management is by far my used used feature. I can also view how many materials I have on hand. I can reference all of my color and product options on hand for my customers.

Airtable review by <span>Madison S.</span>
Madison S.

"Powerful, evolving software"

What do you like best?

My team are used to working from excel spreadsheets, the UX of AirTable is not so far removed from excel that it threatens adoption.

What do you dislike?

My biggest (and it significant) issue is that linking data is not possible beyond the Base you're working from. This extremely limiting for projects that work across several departments. It's also very customization to the point that it can get rather complex very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While comparing features on platforms is important, I'd definitely recommend consulting the people who are going to use the program as to how the UX is for them. Some prefer visually appealing, pre-programmed systems, others prefer something similar to spreadsheets. You can set up a sleek, powerful system, but if the team doesn't like the visuals and UX, the adoption won't take as it should. AirTable is one of those platforms where it matters - especially with so many programs out there!

Coordinating staff between two countries and managing projects to establish standardization of processes.

Airtable review by <span>John E.</span>
John E.

"A dream for managing my network"

What do you like best?

For my entire life I've struggled to remember who I know, keep track of the details I know about the people I know, and think through how to best invest my time into my network. Airtable is the first product I've seen that provides a solution to these problems without focusing on the address book / contacts app, or simply offering a stale spreadsheet. Airtable allows me to see the exact picture of my network.

What do you dislike?

For someone who isn't native to using Microsoft Excel, I was still slightly intimidated of how to best use Airtable until a friend of mine who's an expert walked me through it and set it up for me. There's likely a way for Airtable to bring non-Excel pro's up to expert level with ease... and I'm sure they have already figured it out and it just takes a smidgeon more time for me to get there!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study their education materials and reach out to someone at Airtable on their customer success team. The jump in how much more usable the product becomes is unbelievable, at least for someone like me who is a slow learner!

The primary business problem I am currently solving with Airtable is maintaining an organized personal and professional network of detailed relationships. So far, I've benefitted from being able to search and sort my network based on who I need to follow up with that I recently met, and the folks I need to catch up with who I've fallen a bit out of touch with.

Airtable review by <span>Jenny T.</span>
Jenny T.

"Wonderful project management tool!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the myriad options to sort and filter the bases. It helps to visualize pressing needs and prioritize the many moving parts I have for all of my clients.

What do you dislike?

There are some features and functionality that are not quite there yet to compete with Google Docs or Excel. For example- I would love to be able to drag and drop rows and use keyboard short cuts to move things around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not yet explored their paid option- some of my "dislikes" could very well be addressed in that version so I would research that!

Airtable has been the perfect solution for sharing the project plan and updates with our clients. The ability to keep all of our files and important URLs in one place cuts down on email back and forth and keeps us accountable.

Airtable review by <span>Scott P.</span>
Scott P.

"Like a spreadsheet... on steroids... and user friendly "

What do you like best?

For all of those people who have been using Microsoft excel as their “go-to” for their CRM, Airtable will be a brilliant transition.

The combination of user friendliness with an in depth and fully customizable database is brilliant.

The mobile app is almost more easy to use than the desktop version.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found anything that I seriously dislike yet although I am having trouble figuring out how to utilize it best for my commercial real estate business.

I do wish it had a bit less cartoonish feel to it. Although the performance isn’t affected, it feels somewhat unprofessional. A petty complaint I know.

I LOVE the ability to add attachments to records effortlessly and easily. As somebody who does transactions, I can have a spot to put each form and document in the transaction.

I use it to quickly jot notes down when I speak with clients on the phone.

Airtable review by <span>Tim C.</span>
Tim C.

"Airtable can be used for almost anything!"

What do you like best?

Airtable is an exceptional product. You can use it for almost anything you need, from a simple to-do list to a complicated spreadsheet. It has capabilities for custom sorting and applying any type of filter you can imagine. I really like the fact that I can integrate it with Slack so I get notifications in my Slack timeline when someone updates a task. It makes it easy to keep everyone up to date on how things are going without having to let them know in multiple locations.

What do you dislike?

The one dislike I have is their onboarding process. It is fairly annoying when you have been sent an invitation from someone to share a 'base' as they call them, and as soon as you create your account to login and access the base, you are shown multiple videos and 'helpful' tips that it would be nice to be able do dismiss and do later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free tier of Airtable offers more than I could ever use. The ability to view and edit my lists on my phone and my desktop, and share them with whoever I need to is a big plus.

I've been using Airtable with a client of mine as a means of project management. It gives a way for both of us to keep track of what is being done as well as update the status and give any feedback. All from right there in the software.

Airtable review by <span>Osvaldo G.</span>
Osvaldo G.

"Airtable is great for our High School program"

What do you like best?

As someone who has limited experience with databases, Airtable was a welcomed option. Easy, flexible, and simply looks great!

What do you dislike?

The things I dislike would have to be based more on my limited knowledge of dealing with databases and not so much with Airtable itself. Creating formulas is a bit of a learning curve but, again, that says more about me than the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very-welcomed database option, especially for us novice users.

As the lead teacher of a program aimed to lead high school kids towards a career in the health field, there's a mountain of data that I need to keep and cross-reference and present to not only the students but also to my team and administration. The ease with which Airtable can let me do this, to say nothing of the printable docs I could make for students and staff, has made this platform indispensable!

Airtable review by <span>Lucy Z.</span>
Lucy Z.

"Beautiful, shareable tables for the tech age"

What do you like best?

+ Easy to pick up for team members who aren't familiar with excel

+ Easy to collaborate with remote teams because no software download needed

+ Great to embed live update tables into websites

+ Impressive and tech savvy customer facing tool with minimal work

What do you dislike?

+ Some features are not fully developed yet or need more work to actually be useful (e.g., you can't remove "uncategorized category" in Kanban view so it takes up extra space and you don't have flexibility of excel to flip headers from columns to rows)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it! It's a more people friendly excel.

Organization, Project Management (including vendor and budget tracking), Customer facing collaboration tool

Airtable review by <span>Heather T.</span>
Heather T.

"Easy to organize with detail"

What do you like best?

I like how thorough I can keep track of my projects on both a micro and macro scale

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. At first it was a little confusing and I feel most of their introduction was with the intention of suggesting you purchase their additional framework. Instead of provide a filled out template, I think it would be better if there was a tutorial on how to make the templates or provide empty templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and don't hesitate to play around with the different templates even if it means deleting pre-set information, but it will help you find easier faster ways to organize your projects.

I am solving the overwhelming feeling I can have when I take on many projects at once. The home screen gives me a lot of perspective letting me look at the whole picture.

Airtable review by <span>Uri N.</span>
Uri N.

"The most useful product I have"

What do you like best?

The swiss army knife for every operation task I need. It is very felxible and you can manage EVERYTHING with it.

From agile project management to office inventory and much more.

What do you dislike?

In many scenarios I want it to replace Excel but it cannot always do it. Especially when need to create simple math functions or to sum rows.

So I use both Excel/Google-sheets for finance calculations and planning and Airtable for all the rest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might take you a few days/hours to understand the real power of it, so give it some time.

Project management, office inventory, hiring, roadmap planning, employee welcome board and more.

Airtable review by <span>Douglas C.</span>
Douglas C.

"Extremely flexible and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The Forms feature of the software, for us, is really what sold us on switching over. Airtable is great for keeping track of our data, and being able to create online forms that are connected to our Airtable base has simplified and removed several steps in the process of submitting and digitizing our customer files.

What do you dislike?

There are really quite few downsides to the software. While the Function feature is very useful and powerful, expansion of it will certainly maximize the potential of this software.

We are able to replace a labyrinth of various software programs all with their own interfaces, with just this one program. The program itself is very straight forward and easy to use, but the Forms feature of it can make data input extremely easy. While still user friendly, the software also has a powerful Function function, that allows significant data analysis.

Airtable review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful editorial calendaring system"

What do you like best?

There are so many ways to organize, plan and keep track of things through this platform. I've used a variety of documents and services to keep an editorial calendar, and this is by far the best.

What do you dislike?

I joined Airtable early on as a free member -- but now, as a free member, some of the features I was used to using have been removed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airtable is really easy to learn. Its support features and customer service have always worked very well for us. Its "Learning and Resources" section has a bunch of content to help novice and skilled users alike. Being able to use different bases and workspaces makes Airtable a one-stop shop for any project management task you have.

Planning editorial content six months out is much easier. Managing different ed cals for different campaigns through Airtable's "bases" feature also really simplifies things for us.

Airtable review by <span>Jasmine J.</span>
Jasmine J.

"Airtable is magical!"

What do you like best?

I really like using Airtable because of it's flexibility and it's very intuitive design that makes it enjoyable to use. It's like spreadsheets on steroids, and I love the fact that you can have different types of files in each cell (text, urls, images etc)

What do you dislike?

I'd like if forms could be more customised (with branding etc). Also, there are lots of features in Airtable and I probably only use a small part of it - this can make it seem a bit daunting at first, but I'm happy using it for the job I'm doing.

It makes managing form submissions from third parties easy to manage - we get an email every time someone fills it in, can share the data with other people in the team easily and can accept different types of formats in the form.

Airtable review by <span>Leah W.</span>
Leah W.

"Team Collaboration super-tool"

What do you like best?

It's like having a spreadsheet with a brain--we can drop in attachments, have a side chat directly linked to a specific project, and add things like formulas and pivot tables. It keeps everything organized and in one space, and saves a TON of emails. It also allows cross-collaboration across other departments by just adding the users.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure of user per work space makes it hard to forecast budget by future need; we may know a project is in the pipes, but not if we will have 2 or 20 people on it.

Team collaboration is easier within our teams and between teams. Attachments and updates are shared in the same place we keep the data, so time is saved, as well as patience. The additional features such as pivot tables and countdown are allowing us to avoid using several resources for one project.

Airtable review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent planning tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy tool to organize, plan, coordinate upcoming content, events, campaigns, websites and other projects.

What do you dislike?

The tool does not allow you to link items from different bases, only can link items from tables within the same base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with using some of the templates they provide as they are really helpful when you are just getting started. Then you can modify your own bases/tables to meet your own needs. If you are using Airtable to collaborate with team members, make sure that everyone is updating their own items as this tool will only be beneficial if it is kept up to date and people are checking in on it.

Airtable helps everyone and everything stay organized and helps us stay on track of projects, makes it easier to plan and organize content and campaigns. Project and task management is much easier. Airtable allows the marketing team to have a single place to keep track of everything that's going on and coming up so we can see timelines and statuses, assess bandwidth, identify gaps in content/campaigns, etc.

Airtable review by <span>Mark K.</span>
Mark K.

"So Much Functionality in Such a Compact and Easy to Use Format!"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform, which allows me to present information in a variety of formats. This really helps us to use the same database for planning, execution and reporting with really dynamic outputs.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the initial entry into the database streamlined a little. So many products are so impressive with "all that can be done..." that the user can often feel overwhelmed. While not a "big" problem with this particular product, it exists somewhat. I wonder how it would feel if there was a simple, "Three easy steps to getting started..." kind of intro for first-time users?

I work with many people who are integral to our work, but they are not located in our office...or even our city at times. This really provides a central information source and planning tool that brings us all together.

Airtable review by <span>Alexandra T.</span>
Alexandra T.

"Research data manager and project manager"

What do you like best?

I love that I can link tables together. The work we do is all very interconnected, so project management software that didn't allow this sort of tracking just wouldn't work for us.

What do you dislike?

There are some functional limitations that hinder Airtable's flexibility. For instance, prefilling surveys must be done manually and only certain field types allow defaults. I hope these are addressed soon.

Airtable allows us to easily track our research development pipeline. Since tables can be linked together, projects can seamlessly flow from one stage to another. Before, we had to manually move projects between our previous siloed tracking systems.

Airtable review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Incredible Task Management Tool"

What do you like best?

As an Operations Manager at a startup where process and rules are changing on a daily basis, AirTable has helped me organize my task list and manage my "internal clients" and their massive expectations.

What do you dislike?

Still a beginning user, so I may just be missing available tools, but I'd like to be able to trigger reminders when due dates are coming up for certain sprints/projects. Other than that, AirTable is even more helpful that I imagined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing organizational tool that has helped increase my productivity and held me accountable for work in a positive way. If you work for a startup where requests and priorities change on a daily basis, AirTable is especially helpful for keeping track of everything.

Organization and expectation setting. It has allowed me to group my projects together in multiple helpful views and let other teams realize exactly what I was working on, what my priorities were, and why some requests take longer than they hoped/expected.

Airtable review by <span>Amokrane T.</span>
Amokrane T.

"If it were possible to add a sixth star, I'll do it."

What do you like best?

Airtable is gold. I love this tool so much. I use it as a contact management tool, a small and light CRM, a competition tracking grid, a content calendar... I can also be helpful for finance and project management.

It is interetesting because Airtable allows you to upload files in their tables. You can customize each sell to accept only one sort of input: date, checkbox, words... You can also connect each cell from a tab to another sell in another tab.

For those who use several Saas solutions, you can also connect one of your favorite software to Airtable through IFTTT or Zapier.

What do you dislike?

Airtable is a database and not a spreadsheet. You may not understand that when you use it for the first time. For that reason, Airtable doesn't accepet regular formulas. In return, you get another kind of formulas but it is different. No big deal for me here but people should know this..

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can, integrate it with everything and save all the data from your business there.

Airtable helps our entire team collaborate on four different use cases : content marketing calendar, competition tracking, contact management, and vacations.

The cool thing with Airtable is that one simple tool does all this for a low price. It is built for co-editing and works great.

Airtable review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Easy to Use Productivity Tool"

What do you like best?

As an Excel hater, Airtable has been wonderful for me. Easier to use for simple tasks. I do not require overly complex formulas and spreadsheets in my job so Airtable is a great alternative to the robust features of Excel. I found Airtable very easy to use. They have a wealth of help materials including many videos. They also have so many example "bases" for basically any kind of project you want.

What do you dislike?

The ability to sort by date could be better managed. Other than that there hasn't been anything I really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to watch the video tutorials. They helped me get started much quicker.

I was using Excel for my content calendar and wanted to find something that no only was easier to use but looked better visually. Airtable has been fantastic. I'm currently using the free version and it meets my needs. I like the ability to share with my colleagues.

Airtable review by <span>Jonathan K.</span>
Jonathan K.

"Fabulous live-time collaboration"

What do you like best?

Unlike other services that have a delay with syncing updates to forms, AirTable syncs automatically and all changes are up-to-date for all users. AirTable allows us to easily create forms where the data entered is also added to searchable databases, eliminating the need for us to transfer information from paper forms.

What do you dislike?

Limited sharing of bases with the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a platform that allows for live-time file collaboration, simple form/survey creation, and a clean interface this is a great product.

We have decreased data loss and mix-up from out of date documents stored on different staff computers.

Airtable review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easy to use, easy to adopt"

What do you like best?

One of the hardest things I have with my workgroups is getting people to learn to use new tools. The interface and functionality of Airtable is sophisticated enough for my needs to work on projects, but the ux is intuitive and not challenging so that I have actually been able to get other colleagues to give it a try.

Being able to extract my data in a fairly easy manner, that is a huge plus. I don't like using a service and then not being able to get the data I've provided back out.

What do you dislike?

This isn't a dislike for me - the UX is not intimidating, and I've had some people be concerned that the product isn't robust enough for our needs. As an experienced project manager, it is, but staff meeting grievances don't need to be aired here.

Gantt charts. Ok. Gantt charts would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates are a great feature and have helped with making the adoption by some of the more recalcitrant colleagues a little smoother.

We are starting a new project and I'm trying to adopt Airtable as one of our primary project management tools, and I'm trying to bring it on from the very beginning. So far I've had positive responses from the Luddites in my workgroup, which I attribute to the lack of intimidating interface.

Airtable review by <span>Natasha R.</span>
Natasha R.

"Love this app! - so many uses and so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive, and is incredibly useful to us for project management, project request information gathering and tracking, and hiring processes. We are loving the ability to easily configure the tables, store attachments, share information, and schedule events that will interface with our office calendars. It is easy to promote adoption of this application because it is so easy-to-use.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have better ability to customize entry forms. Allowing form designers to customize the layout of these forms would help make the form entry easier, and more compelling, to complete.

Project Management, Job Applicant tracking, Request management