AirWatch

VMware's AirWatch is a platform for managing mobile devices while providing end-to-end security.

Work for AirWatch?

Learning about AirWatch?

AirWatch Reviews

Showing 69 AirWatch reviews
AirWatch review by <span>Abhijeet P.</span>
Abhijeet P.

"Best in market for Enterprise Mobile Solutions!"

What do you like best?

Security

ALM service

Content manager

Policies n compliaces

Reliability on different platform like ( Windows, Ios etc)

Wndows enrolment is managed very well

Calendar feature

Content locker feature which is widely used in organization

And the new feature WORKPLACE ONE

SIMPLE MINDBLOWING VMWARE PRODUCT

What do you dislike?

Android Inbox is really poor with performace

Alot of issues with android compatibility and performace

Alot of issue with on prim environment

Expensive product and not suitable for small organization if consdered cost factor

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try this product if you are big organization.

According to gartner qudrant

This product is on top since 2011

Now you validate yourself and take decision wisely.

We have managed 10000+ user db for email mamagement, application lifecycle management and much more

Security is major concern earlier and it is now all complaint as per security guidlines.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AirWatch
Michael S.

"300 iPods across 8 warehouses and tens of thousands of users"

What do you like best?

Single app mode, pushing new app versions, and VPP program via Apple. lots of control

What do you dislike?

sometimes pushing is tricky in single app mode and the device gets stuck in purgatory and must be wiped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's the best one out there... if you need it get it, but there is not much competition out there to keep the customer service folks competitive.

Airwatch allows us to lock down our iOS devices used for data collection and inventory purposes. We use it in conjunction with the Infinite Peripherals Infinea X sleds and iPods touches.

What Enterprise Mobility Management solution do you use?

AirWatch review by <span>Michael  R.</span>
Michael R.

"Air Watch "

What do you like best?

I did like that it gave us the ability to manage large amounts of student iPads from a single dashboard. We were able to roll out apps to all users at the same time as well as manage the devices throughout the course of the school day.

What do you dislike?

It seemed hard to use on a small scale that we have -- only 90 students or so versus a larger school or district.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a smaller operation as we are, it probably had more bells and whistles than we needed which led to more admin issues since we have a small staff.

We did utilize it to manage large amounts of student iPads and roll them out in the beginning of the year.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"AirWatch is a sophisticated but complex solution"

What do you like best?

I like that AirWatch has so many features and that it supports so many platforms, including Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android. The documentation and training are also very good. The platform seems to be extremely reliable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the complexity of the admin console. There's a lot of customization that's possible within the management console, but it also leads to a lot of different settings.

I also wish that AirWatch had a more comprehensive set of Mac management features. I'd like to be able to use AirWatch as my only tool to manage the Macs in our organization.

I also dislike the fact that we originally purchased the product directly through AirWatch, but they are now asking us to establish a relationship through a VMWare partner. Finding and engaging with a VMWare partner was a major inconvenience, but can understand that VMWare doesn't want to step on the toes of their channel partners by selling direct to certain customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mobile devices become a users primary device single sign on to mobile apps become a big deal. I think it's important to look at mobile device management and identity and access management solutions together, to ensure that they will work well together. In our organization we use OKTA, as our IAM solution, and AirWatch (now VMWare Workspace One Unified Endpoint Management), as our MDM solution. VMWare and OKTA are now working together to develop, document and support integrations between the two products, which is important to us.

We were looking for a comprehensive MDM solution to manage and secure all of our computers, phones and tablets. We do not use Active Directory and are relying on our MDM solution to deploy all settings and enforce policies on all of our devices.

"AirWatch MDM"

What do you like best?

I like the way airwatch handles the mdm for apple products. Paired with Content Locked it is a secure convenient way to track and deliver information to users securely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike all the issues we have had enrolling and managing Windows devices. We have spent a lot of time working with AirWatch getting it to where we wont but there is still some things that need to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to manage Apple devices I you should have no hesitation. If you're looking to handle Windows devices I would first make sure they can do what you need.

We are solving the issue of tracking devices, managing applications on devices, and distributing information securely to devices.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"Good MDM Platform for Academic Setting"

What do you like best?

The ability to handle multiple platforms. Our school uses both iPads and Windows laptops. We are a 1:1 device school. With the iPads I use Airwatch to manage applications by grade as well as home screen layout and specific classroom restrictions teachers request.

Support is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

At times I have difficulty finding the steps involved in a particular task I am trying to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are technically challenged then be careful with choosing Airwatch. Although it is fairly intuitive for a technical person, a non-technical person would struggle.

Be sure to identify what functionality you are looking for. Airwatch has a lot of capabilities that we do not use mostly because we were looking for a MDM that could manage multiple operating systems.

Managing devices in a 1:1 K-8 school. Managing applications on the devices. Tracking devices when needed. Biggest benefit is the ability to lock a device when a student withdraws from school and does not return the device. Another benefit is the ability to keep track of the iPads via location services. A final benefit is the ability to create user groups and send apps to specific devices.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"MDM slow support"

What do you like best?

Diversity of managing devices.

Ability to manage devices globally.

cloud based

What do you dislike?

The support services, response is too poor, most of the issues are being blames as not supported by apple.

consols changes so much between updates to a more complicated non user friendly look.

tech support tries to replicate the issues but in production environment.

Tech support almost never respond on the same day or the following one, sometimes it takes up to 5 business days to get a response.

Tech always calls during business hours easter time, witch too easy or too late for any other time zone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team isn't up to supporting a strategic partner.

Critical incidents respond is too poor

device restrictions.

device tracking and analytics.

application deployment.

Network management.

email integration.

digital material delivery.

usage analytics.

AirWatch review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"From an endpoint user's view, this program does not do what it says it does."

What do you like best?

That it almost keeps track of 15,000 iPads. Provides nice looking graphs (inaccurate, but nice looking).

What do you dislike?

That the reports don't work, nor do the choice of reports make much sense.

That it only finds/locates missing devices about 5% of the time. (with "Find My iPad" we had a 90% return rate)

That the graphs aren't representative of the actual numbers that are being graphed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a competitor and have them demo everything that you want (in your environment) and then compare Airwatch. Make sure they show you how everything works in your environment. Ask them about their reports and about how effective their device location services are.

Trying to keep track of and control about 15,000 iPads in a small 1:1 school district.

We have some control over the iPads. So far our folks have not been able to easily push apps to various groups of students -so we can't assign certain apps to students in certain classes and then remove those apps when they are done with those classes.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Airwatch for android. Does what it says on the tin"

What do you like best?

I hate to say it, but this was the product that made me kick my trusty blackberry into touch. It's a containerized email client, so it doesnt mix work and personal email like the iphone version of this. As a result, i'm engaging with my work device significantly more - and replying to some emails as i check out of hours.

Once the activesync profile comes down on android, this is pretty much good to go. users can get in and refresh all the profiles concerned; allowing any small email issues to be remedied easily

What do you dislike?

Principally directed at the iphone version. It lacks a lot of functionality in comparison to the android version. emails are jumbled together (Work and personal in the same container - mind you, some people like this - I just wish there was an option in the same manner as android). Activesync profiles on ios devices are located on the server; which requires a call to service desk if anything breaks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's one product in an ever increasing market these days, but it worthy of consideration - android at least - because it's un - intrusive and does what it says on the tim

In all honesty, with airwatch for android that there is life after blackberry

AirWatch review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Easy to use mobile management software"

What do you like best?

the ease of managing the devices is great. Enterprise wipe is a great function for terminated users and lost devices. this make it safer for our data as we can remove it before disabling their accounts. We can also set device limits so the user are not spreading data to devices that need not exist.

What do you dislike?

Enrollment process can be slow and fails somewhat often. You then have to remove the device from the server and start over if you have device limits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider not only the management of current users but the ability to wipe devices. This has been a lifesaver and now we are able to confidently allow users to user personal devices instead of having to supply company phones to them. If something happens we can rest assured that our data is removed form their device as well as removing their access from our systems.

We are better able to remove our data from users personal devices once they leave the company or if they are terminated. We keep our data much safer by being able to remove it. This also works when the device is lost. We are then able to make sure that specific device cannot be connected back to the servers.

AirWatch review by <span>Lukasz K.</span>
Lukasz K.

"AirWatch is Great for Device and Application Management"

What do you like best?

For us the best feature we like that AirWatch provides is the application management. We have a mobile app team that is working on several mobile apps that our sales force will need to install and use; AirWatch makes the deployment process much simpler than asking about 400 sales people to install an app on two of their mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

We found that there's some issues with the remote management feature in AirWatch and some Galaxy tablets. The issues is that the screen is reversed when using the remote management feature which makes using it extremely difficult. The issue has been raised with the support, but as of yet haven't heard an ETA for the fix and that the issue is still under investigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing a trail/POC to make sure that issues such as the one I described with the remote management feature doesn't impact your user base to the point where working with the solution is difficult. I also recommend creating a support ticket to see if their response time is adequate for your company needs.

We resolved our business problem with deploying our custom (homegrown) applications and deploying them to our entire sales force. It's a great benefit and time saver to us to use AirWatch to deploy the apps to about 400-600 devices instead of asking every sales person in the division do install it themselves.

AirWatch review by <span>Riccardo G.</span>
Riccardo G.

"Airwatch, excellent solution for MDM and MAM (BYOD)"

What do you like best?

Airwatch is very simple to use, and we control 1300 mobile device. AIrwatch it's an MDM but also MAM (mobile application manager) for the BYOD devices .

For the BYOD it's possible create an "application bubble" that contain the airwatch's app, like Mailbox, Secure contect locker and airwatch browser. With this app, I open my office files and my mailbox, but the attachment are in the bubble and it isn't possible send to dropbox or another app, we have total control of attachment.

The new mailbox client boxer it's very nice.

What do you dislike?

Air watch not control windows laptops, if I have an agent that function with windows 7, windows 8 (and windows 10) we can control all device in our company, we can shutdown Microsoft SCCM

Recommendations to others considering the product

AIrwatch it's simply to use, but it's complex to install (we have nine servers in our infrastructure only for air watch), I suggest you to use a professional partner for implementation.

With an Airwatch component, MAG (mobile application gateway), we connect the browser of mobile device directly to our intranet.

AirWatch review by <span>Nathan M.</span>
Nathan M.

"Great Enterprise wiping app"

What do you like best?

I like that if I was to lose my phone, or it was stolen that my company can remove any company resources from the device.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when you enroll a new device, sometimes it will change the default contact save to the airwatch server and if you forget to check it, users may lose contacts when removing management and application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for the purpose of not losing sensitive information, or at least having the ability to minimize this risk.

enterprise wiping in case of lost or stolen device

AirWatch review by <span>Milad N.</span>
Milad N.

"Easy to use, nightmarish to run"

What do you like best?

I can access my corporate contacts and calendar on my device and it let's me interact with company resources from outside the office which is kind of a necessity for my position.

Also, it makes it easy that I do not need to enter all the CalDAV and Exchange details in personally.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to get it working. The first time, I had to install and uninstall it on my phone about three times, having to restart after each uninstall to finally get it working properly.

I had forgotten all about it, until I bought a new phone.

Also, every 45 days, I have to change my password, which will invalidate the profile installed on my phone, and I have to reinstall the MDM profile manually. I do not know if this is a setup mistake on my company's part or if it is a faulty software issue, but it is just a nightmare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend exploring other options first. If you just need to get your email accessible externally, consider exposing an IMAP endpoint. If you just need your calendar, consider using CalDAV. It will add a lot of hassle, and many employees are just not willing to install additional software on their phones just to have access to their corporate data.

I can now be in contact with my colleagues on the go, and this has increased my availability by far. I now am able to view my work schedule from home and plan accordingly, which is kind of nice.

AirWatch review by <span>Charles Anthony E.</span>
Charles Anthony E.

"AirWatch will get the job done!"

What do you like best?

AirWatch is an easy to learn mdm software to manage devices from different platforms. I should say functionality wise, its no different from any other mdm on the market. It gets the job done. One thing i like about it is its console interface, where the admins interact to manage the server and its devices. Security and features wise, theres a lot of growth to be considered. All in all, it gets the job done!

What do you dislike?

The only down part for this mdm, is the knowledge base articles you can find on the portal. We have to rely on either experience or support from their engineers to resolve issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mdms have free trials, see for yourself which caters your business needs

Mdm solves the problem of IT pros to manage information on different mobile device platforms. A centralized hub like AirWatch will provide an overview of the device fleet, content management, and many more.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Its a neat tool with a clean interface."

What do you like best?

The console is well organised and easy to use. Search either by user or device and drill down further. For us, the app is hosted on the vendor managed cloud which eliminates monitoring.

Product support is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a commandline interface to perform certain tasks. At this point, we perform all troubleshooting in the console via the GUI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is better than Intune at this point. Even with the connector, Intune does not have the functionality that Airwatch provides.

The tool is used for inventory and software deployments to mobile devices ( phones and tablets) that connect to the corporate network. Airwatch enrollment is required in order to access corporate email on mobile devices.

AirWatch review by <span>Krish S.</span>
Krish S.

"Best MDM period. Growing pains."

What do you like best?

-They're owned and backed by a Major player (VMware), NOT a fly-by-night MDM

-Powerful clouded Web-Based management at your finger tips.

-Integrates and scales well with your current setup (great for an AD environments)

-The most Senior of MDM platforms. Over the last few years has grown up added features.

-Supports a wide range of devices, we tend to think only iPhone and iPad but list can go on and on for support of actually Macs or Windows PCs even Android technology

What do you dislike?

-console needs an overhaul as things are often buried and hard to find when you need them in a pinch

-The AirWatch cloud is shared environment with other clients. This often brings up a question of security with management.

-Support can be flakey, if there is an issue outside their scope they tend to point the finger at Apple rather than finding a solution.

Managing and supporting company all iPhones and iPads globally. About thousand devices in the field, be it Retail, Dev or Head office. Every device is locked down and secured by IT without inhibiting end-user work-based news

AirWatch review by <span>Christopher L.</span>
Christopher L.

"Securing our mobile workforce"

What do you like best?

Easy to use management solution for our mobile endpoints. Allows us to consolidate device management of different OS's. (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows)

What do you dislike?

Deploying software to Mac and Windows devices can be a challenge when those apps are not from a native app store. For Windows desktop apps MSI are fairly easy to use, but EXE based apps are must more complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Airwatch offers a single solution for managing and protecting mobile devices across all platforms.

Securing the growing population of mobile devices in our enterprise. Protecting our data. Hardware inventory. application deployment

AirWatch review by <span>Adam S.</span>
Adam S.

"Solid Enterprise Mobility Management"

What do you like best?

SaaS delivery for enterprise software since 2011. Relatively agile release process. Good account team. Responsive to our operational and strategic needs. Access to product team.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent quality of software releases, which has impacted our production deployment. Android Container app is not ready for prime time. Vision is strong, but ability to execute is not always there. Sometimes when we open tickets with their support team, they ask the most basic questions that they should already know about our environment based on history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need simple MDM for email. contacts, and calendar for iOS, AirWatch scales very well and does the job. Android management could be better, but the fact that it does management all major platforms is a major plus for us as we strive to have a single management platform across all devices.

Device and app management.

AirWatch review by User in Computer Software

"One of the Most Comprehensive (And Complicated) MDM Solutions Out There"

What do you like best?

User, device, and application management featured with AirWatch provides options and customizations that I would have never even thought of. As an administrator, you have the ability to do almost anything you'd want to users enrolled in the MDM. You could spend hours and hours customizing the MDM setup for your company.

What do you dislike?

While the endless possibilities and customizations are nice, it can be very daunting. I took a 3-day online training course on AirWatch and was still absolutely lost afterwards. There is so much customization and settings to configure that it can be very overwhelming. It is at times very hard to find a particular setting. Sometimes, I make changes that I didn't even realize would have an adverse affect on other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it slowly and attempt to learn all of the features one at a time. There is so much customization and settings that it can be overwhelming. While the training I took was boring and tedious, it was helpful overall.

We are using AirWatch in my client's ecosystem as a full MDM solution and to roll out enterprise applications. It has been able to do that with much customization and features. We haven't had many issues with our setup, other than the confusion that arises from the amount of customization available. It was used to replace a competitor's MDM solution and has proved to be vastly superior.

AirWatch review by <span>Ehsan S.</span>
Ehsan S.

"Many years of watching the progression of AirWatch"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for new admins trying to setup devices. The support available over the phone helps with newbies and folks coming from other MDM's.

What do you dislike?

Shared SaaS is not the way to go. Huge performance issues. It is well worth it to just go ahead and start off with dedicated SaaS from the beginning and never worry about performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price and ease of use it is a must.

Just using this for BYOD and deploying internal apps. I have brought in other admins and the learning curve is extremely short. Everyone is up and working within hours of first logging in.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Using Airwatch for 3 to 4 years"

What do you like best?

AirWatch enterprise integration (CA integration in particular), AirWatch SEG, Exchange Certificate Authentication. The ability to disable activation lock is a time saving. Per-App vpn will allow us our users to transparently access internal servers.

What do you dislike?

No exactly works as advertise on Windows Devices, specially windows 8. AirWatch Inbox is lacking essential features and not always works as expected

Recommendations to others considering the product

Licensing is a little hard to understand, specially the different "colors" or levels. Not all organizations will need all of AirWatch features. Start with MDM and after implementing make the decision about implementing additional features (like SEG or CL)

By regulation we are required to manage all mobile devices that could carry any organization's information. AW gives a better control over our Mobile device, and those User devices that are accessing our data. Having a log of wiped devices help us with audits.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Use for iPad and Surface Device Management"

What do you like best?

Like the ability to push applications and settings to the devices. Deploying wifi network settings and removing unwanted applications are good features. Content locker is also a useful feature for our people who travel a lot.

What do you dislike?

Not enough control over Microsoft surface devices and the airwatch agent has a lot of bugs. Also do not like that it requires you to upload ARM x86 and x64 versions of any application that you want to deploy for surface. should be able to deploy only desired architecture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the hosted solution. On prem implementation is not as easy to support.

Use it to lock down and control our playbook devices for our players and scouts.

AirWatch review by <span>Arlene C.</span>
Arlene C.

"Airwatch has an easy to use console."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

We have the system to block apps during the school day. It has been the case where the students do not receive the block, allowing them access to all apps.

We are a co-ed high school allowing students to download apps freely into their iPads. Being able to only allow school apps during school hours aids in the instruction and student learning.

AirWatch review by User in Higher Education

"Decent cloud-based solution for storing or sharing data"

What do you like best?

VMware AirWatch, specifically AirWatch Content, is a decent application for cloud-base data storage. It is particularly useful for sharing data with people outside of an organization or for collaboration purposes. The option to access the stored data using web browsers, through a client installed locally on a workstation, or via a mobile app provides great flexibility to end users.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps it's limited by the implementation by my organization, but the sync frequency of the AirWatch client (installed locally on a workstation) cannot be less than 1 hour. This means new content saved to the AirWatch content folder or uploaded through the web interface may take up to an hour before it is synced. For a cloud storage solution, this is a huge disadvantage because real-time collaboration and data sharing is not guaranteed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are numerous cloud-based solutions available out there, whether it is an off-the-shelf or hosted solution, each with have strengths and weaknesses which will please some users and annoy others. AirWatch doesn't stand out from the rest but it is certainly comparable to other well known products of the same type.

AirWatch is primarily used in our organization for groups to share data with those they are collaborating with that could be both internal or external to the organization. Previous solutions limited shared data access to users with an account within the organization, which makes it difficult to collaborate with external users. With AirWatch this is no longer an issue. Furthermore, it provide an alternative to using commercial cloud storage solutions, which could often be costly in the long run.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Mobile Device Management"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up and deploy. They have an expansive knowledge-base via a my.air-watch.com account.

What do you dislike?

Submitting a support request can be somewhat challenging. You have to navigate through their self-help steps before you can get to where you can just submit a support ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient, take your time to go through all of the steps in setting up before you deploy.

We prior to Air-Watch did not have Mobile Device Management. Air-Watch has helped us keep stock of our mobile devices, keep them up to date and keep our sales professionals out of the office and in the field.

AirWatch review by <span>Martine Y.</span>
Martine Y.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Airwatch is a simple tool you can manage your mobile devices. It is easy to manage Android and iPhone devices.

What do you dislike?

The updates change the interface quite often. It can be an extreme change from one update to the next

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan of attack with creating Airwatch groups to manage your devices to push application packages to .

We are able to remotely wipe the devices of all business information if they are lost or stolen.

AirWatch review by <span>Krzysztof L.</span>
Krzysztof L.

"MDM you want"

What do you like best?

AirWatch does really good job. IT not only allows you adding email profiles on the fly, but allows app management, restrictions. with this MDM you not only get the email on device bit but also other perks like content locker, where users can share and collaborate on files and more.

What do you dislike?

The web management is sluggish. Sometimes freezes and you need to reload the website. Setting it all up doesn't take minutes and needs some getting used. Whilst working with smart groups one needs to be very careful as it might be destructive. Not newbie friendly.

Mobile management and file collaboration.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"Airwatch Hosted Solution Review"

What do you like best?

I've been using Airwatch for 4 years so far and one of the best things about it is their support. Any kind of problems I run into, they are more than willing to help address any of my issues. The product itself works great with iOS devices as well as Android devices. If you're looking for an MDM product that is easy to navigate through and get the job done, this is it.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I've run into were random and could affect some people while not affect others. Depending on how you use Airwatch and what you want to get out of it, you may run into simple problems that only your company will have. Airwatch is not perfect and you will run into issues, but it shouldn't stop you for giving them a shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since being acquired by VM, I believe they will only get better in the future as they are always updating and expanding their product.

We use Airwatch to secure our mobile devices such as phones and tablets. We primarily use it to receive email and VPN use. We've also implemented it to devices used in the business where we locked down the device so that only certain applications can be used. We've been able to minimize time helping out our patrons with Airwatch and has helped our customer service out tremendously.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Complete and total MDM solution"

What do you like best?

My favorite ability of Airwatch is the layout of the webpage. It is very easy to follow and just the right amount of graphics to get the job done properly. The ability to navigate the webpage is very easy. The Airwatch client for Apple products is very easily installed and easy for the regular user to install without many complications.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Airwatch. Possibly the search box on the initial webpage is a bit misleading as there is another search box once you start drill down trying to find a user. I found this a bit confusing but easily figured it out and it's not really a major problem. This might even have been fixed in newer versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend AirWatch to other users. The initial cost and install cost is high but it is a very well developed MDM solution. You will not go wrong using AirWatch. The support is also great and highly available for any situations that arise.

We are solving the ability to manage our fleet of mobile devices under a secure blanket and track them as well for inventory purposes. The greatest benefit has been the ability to lock or remotely wipe a phone once a user has been terminated.

AirWatch review by <span>Chris G.</span>
Chris G.

"Grab control of your mobile environment"

What do you like best?

Visibility to see what mobile users are doing and the ability to put controls into place.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is a little scattered and can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small monthly fee the ability to monitor and control roaming fees alone has more then paid for itself.

Managing our fleet of iPhones. To help prevent asset loss, data usage - especially roaming and managing general usage.

AirWatch review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Mobile device management "

What do you like best?

It allows me to easily get all company apps, emails, and calendar events.

What do you dislike?

A lot of device settings are removed by the airwatch admin. Such as screen locks. You are forced to use a passcode

Protecting company information and property. It helps secure PHI on devices and keep track of them.

"AirWatch"

What do you like best?

AirWatch is a great solution to implement a BYOD policy which allows you to manage firm email and security on personal devices.

What do you dislike?

AirWatch isn't compatible with every device on an Android platform to use the native mail, calendar, etc. apps and sometimes needs a third party app like Touchdown to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to implement a BYOD policy for iOS and Android devices this is definitely the way to go!

We're no longer in the business of providing mobile devices so the cost of maintaining a BES has been removed. It also is more convenient to our users to be able to send/receive email and manage their calendar from their personal device, while at the same time we are able to maintain security on the firm data and the user's device.

AirWatch review by <span>Kisha G.</span>
Kisha G.

"Phone app for document review at work"

What do you like best?

Document likeness to actual software format on my phone. i am able to view in the actual software format and manipulate as well. accessing from email is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

having to login each time. I understand this is part of security however it is very inconvenient when on my phone and not consistent with other passwords. saving documents can also be difficult to send via my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

security feature requires login for each time which can be very inconvenient when on my cell phone. Would like a better option for this.

mobile document review. ease of accessing documents from my email. While I like the document format, I do not particularly enjoy my experience when I have to download a document.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"We use Airwatch MDM in my office"

What do you like best?

Airwatch MDM software has a great user interface and it's pretty easy to do all the basic functions required to troubleshoot end user issues with minimal training. It does a pretty good job of maintaining uptime and is generally there when needed

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work all that great with android(our shop is 90% iphone) and updates to the OS generally break something for at least an evening. The other day we had a portion of our userbase not able to access email for most of a night due to the iphone software upgrade. Service was restored in a timely manner

Our end users need to have access to email and calendars while mobile. Airwatch allows us to maintain a great level of security with confidential information.

AirWatch review by <span>Dawid K.</span>
Dawid K.

"My favourite MDM solution."

What do you like best?

- very mature product

- cloud based

- great range of features

What do you dislike?

- cloud interface sometimes seems slow and wouldn't refresh properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have watched AirWatch evolving over a last few years and what they achieve is really impressive.

I believe this product will get even better since it is now own by VMware.

- mobile devices management

- mobile content management

AirWatch review by User in Higher Education

"Airwatch content locker"

What do you like best?

AirWatch's encrypted content container gives employees access to enterprise content on the go. It is very easy to use and content are prtected from data loss.

What do you dislike?

There are size restriction i.e. no empty files and they can not exceed 2 GB but maybe that's just how it was configured in our environment and not a limitation of the software.

Facilitate cross-functional team and vendor collaboration in regards to large scale content sharing.

AirWatch review by <span>Stephen R.</span>
Stephen R.

"Integration Station!"

What do you like best?

I love how you can add all of your mobile devices to the management system and keep tabs on all of them.

What do you dislike?

It's a little time consuming adding all the devices and getting the little details squared away but well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might look around for better but you will come back to this because they're doing it right!

The best part is that I can keep tabs on mobile equipment and remote wipe if I need too.

AirWatch review by <span>Allan L.</span>
Allan L.

"Best MDM in the business"

What do you like best?

We've been using airwatch for years and love the reliability, features, and reporting.

What do you dislike?

Like any product that is the top in the business....cost is always going to be higher than we'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

product is very easy to use and administer.

We've been using airwatch for pushing aps to ipads/iphones and remote wiping, locating lost or stolen phones or tablets.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Pretty much useless"

What do you like best?

Being able to make & push out profiles to devices can be useful (if it works)

What do you dislike?

The call & data management functionality doesn't work in any way,

Email management doesn't work if you are a Google Apps domain with 2FA enabled

Frequent downtime

Roaming management is completely useless, frequent false positives and wholly inaccurate

AD sync for passwords is unreliable

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for MDM and call/data management then look elsewhere

Attempted to use it for MDM, and to allow management of users data usage, particularly whilst roaming

AirWatch review by <span>Mohit G.</span>
Mohit G.

"Ultimate mobile device manager"

What do you like best?

AirWatch lets associates devices in one simple step, without the need for iTunes, or any such software.

It has easy device management, secure, easy to configure and good support.

What do you dislike?

Initially you will find the interface to be very challenging .

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should make the interface easy for first time users. Sometimes configuration takes time and is difficult without their professionals.

I use it to access to company email on the go, to GPS tracking, to email and SMS logging, all the way to the ability to grab phone screenshots!!!

Administrator in Law Practice

"Airwatch is a great mobile device management platform. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to delete the profile from the device

What do you dislike?

If there is a brief interruption while the end user is setting it up Airwatch will fire off a compliance violation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like AirWatch. it is a great platform.

Mobile device management.

AirWatch review by <span>Trace B.</span>
Trace B.

"Great software for managing client software solutions"

What do you like best?

Airwatch is a great software tool set to manage what and how clients and install on their devices. Easy to manage with smart and strong controls. Highly recommended

What do you dislike?

Some of our client-facing users complain about having to go through the Airwatch client to install what they need, but it's a requirement. We enforce it.

Keeping rogue software off enterprise devices.

AirWatch review by <span>Dylan T.</span>
Dylan T.

"It could be a great product......"

What do you like best?

The user interface. It is not as intuitive the offering from Blackberry BES12, but it is functional.

What do you dislike?

No true enterprise support. Too many upgrades for the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for ala carte pricing.

Bringing BYOD mobility to the enterprise.

AirWatch review by <span>Yungui(Billy) R.</span>
Yungui(Billy) R.

"I used AirWatch Mobility Management and it's very functional and reliable."

What do you like best?

I can use the platform with the ability to enroll up to the devices in the AirWatch cloud.

What do you dislike?

It is not free. I would appreciate it if you can provide a free version for the limited function.

Application Development. And files sharing. I can upload the files to the cloud. It is a more easy way to manage my files. And it is safety and secure. Because I have the copies for my files. And I can also manage my applications. I think it is great service. I would appreciate it if you can give us a free version.

AirWatch review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"A Good Attempt"

What do you like best?

I like the concept of Airwatch. What they are trying to achieve is exactly what we need.

What do you dislike?

The company seems to make claims that they cannot follow through on. Much of it is because of the unfriendly environment created by Apple in it's iPad iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to try before you buy. I feel that their spokesmen are over-confident in portraying their product.

Classroom management. Device management.

AirWatch review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Remotely Support Users"

What do you like best?

AirWatch has a very most comprehensive digital workspace portfolio .AirWatch allows us to remote management mobile devices from the admin console saving time and helping users quickly.

What do you dislike?

Updating the system is relatively difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before purchasing, carry out tests with your own services

Device level encryption.

Manage Any Endpoint also PC Management (Windows and macOS).

Configure email, apps and content, Wi-Fi, VPN.

Perform a remote lock or wipe

AirWatch review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Makes work easier"

What do you like best?

Gives me the ability to integrate work email into phone mail apps

What do you dislike?

Security is good but frequent password change requirements and phone lock code requirements are frustrating

Improved access to communication

AirWatch review by <span>Tony V.</span>
Tony V.

"Airwatch MDM for iOS devices"

What do you like best?

Product work exactly as expected and has a great feature set. Airwatch is on top of all new features for iOS and has support for the newest IOS from launch day.

What do you dislike?

nothing really. The product meets our needs.

Manage risk by enabling security on mobile devices and manage the physical assets.

AirWatch review by User in Computer Software

"Enrollment was a pain "

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps my computer secure and helps with our general company security

What do you dislike?

Enrollment was a pain. After installing & enrolling, it wouldn't accept any of the passwords I entered, even though they all qualified. So then I had to uninstall it then reinstall it and did this 3 times before it worked.

helping us with our security requirements as a growing company

AirWatch review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"A Secure MDM solution but it has its problems"

What do you like best?

I like that the console has a lot of great functionality, and that it is a secure solution

What do you dislike?

I dis like that there's a lot of issues with installation on phones some times, and some times issues on the server side are unfixable without direct assistance from AW

Recommendations to others considering the product

it can be a great solution providing the infrastructure of your exchange environment is solid, otherwise you may run into problems

secure mobile device management

AirWatch review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Airwatch"

What do you like best?

Airwatch allows users to access to secure information using at home devices. I would not be able to access certain emails at home if I did not use Airwatch

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything specifically I dislike. It does make one wonder how much access to your files on your phone the company has

Security, as it helps to prevent harmful files from being accessed

AirWatch review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"MDM with potential"

What do you like best?

Great software with plenty of control functions Accross multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

overall support can improve with the ability to resolve issues in a timely matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall a great company and things are getting better after the merger. Needs a bit more time to improve on support model.

Currently solving Android for work problems. It took sometime given it is a new product and is just maturing. Lesson learn is to expect some pain points when evaluating such new product.

AirWatch review by <span>Paul B.</span>
Paul B.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It is extremely reliable and has not been broken

What do you dislike?

You can't have multiple Seg's. We would

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and worse trying

There barely any issues with Airwatch. It is a great product and works well with our environment

AirWatch review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Tool to increase security"

What do you like best?

My employer mandated use of airwatch to enhance security, but it has worked fairly well so far after initial setup.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to set up on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will likely become the standard in mobile data management.

Airwatch is aimed to improve the security of digital patient information accessed on employees' remote work and personal mobile devices.

AirWatch review by User in Information Technology and Services

"easy way to maintain security on devices"

What do you like best?

as an end user, downloading and installing was super simple.

What do you dislike?

you do need to update frequently to make sure it is up to date

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a mobile device management system make sure to check how your users will be able to easily implement

The business benefit of airwatch is to maintain security and management of mobile devices.

"Solid MDM Solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment, licensing costs, simple administration console. Ability to extend into VDI environment with similar eco-system.

What do you dislike?

License model with integration of other VMWare products is very complex; WorkSpace integration with VMWare confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review VMWare integration requirements.

Management of personal mobile devices with enterprise data/connectivity.

AirWatch review by <span>Yahya S.</span>
Yahya S.

"Interesting, challenging and agile"

What do you like best?

AirWatch rapid feature releases and their coping with the fast paced change in the mobility space

What do you dislike?

Support and QA of new updates and releases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Design your solution in details first and validate with AirWatch before implementing.

PIM, MAM and MCM services to mobile devices, the benefit realized so far are PIM and MAM to an extent.

AirWatch review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Excellent MDM solution. "

What do you like best?

Mobile management feature set is very comprehensive.

What do you dislike?

Lack of active threat detection. This would be a great add-on to detect when to apply policies created on AirWatch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also look into active threat defense on top of MDM. Mobile threat defense is the category and Skycure is he leader.

We are business partner of AirWatch.

AirWatch review by <span>Sam D.</span>
Sam D.

"Powerful platform that provides flexibility in an intuitive way."

What do you like best?

Very powerful and right at the front of every new development in the mobile space. New dashboard is very user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Hosted only, which we prefer in our environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A no brainer for any mobile device deployment. Especially if you have internal apps or content that needs to be regularly updated, and revoked/removed.

Deploy devices all across the globe and be able to control a wide variety of how they behave. Easy to track by device or user. Adding content or pushing new settings is very easy.

AirWatch review by Administrator

"Simple setup "

What do you like best?

As a tier 1 technician, Airwatch allows a simple and easy setup process to get email attached to a user's phone as well as required applications.

What do you dislike?

Emails will arbitrarily stop downloading to phone

Allowing company email on smartphones and securing company information

AirWatch review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Does the job well!"

What do you like best?

Simplified interface. Very easy to manage your device and perform check-ins.

What do you dislike?

Haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. Works fine for me.

Mobile access to enterprise email/calendar.

AirWatch review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Secure Enterprises E-mail Solution"

What do you like best?

Airwatch is one of the best secure email solution available in market at the moment.

What do you dislike?

Airwatch needs lot of other supporting apps to be installed which take a toll on battery and memory space.

Secured email access.

AirWatch review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Left Permanent Configuration Profiles on Devices"

What do you like best?

Fairly straightforward setup, enables seamless MS Exchange and Office integration.

What do you dislike?

Once uninstalled, Airwatch left configuration profiles on my iOS devices that I was not able to remove, despite conversations with Apple.

Mobile email and Calendaring

AirWatch review by Administrator

"AirWatch Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment and ability to control desktop/laptop PCs

What do you dislike?

The cost associated with AirWatch is very high and then the additional packages are very costly - too much ala carte...

Mobile Device managment

"Airwatch"

What do you like best?

Easy to install mobile app, simple interface

What do you dislike?

Alerts that require me to manually sync/check in every month - should be able to do automatically

Use of app is required by the company to retain sync capabilities to corporate email

"Works like a champ"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. No wire clutter. Works perfectly on our screens and laptops.

What do you dislike?

Cryptic urls are not user friendly. Perhaps a local host name would work better.

Wireless presentations for traveling mobile users.

AirWatch review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great MDM"

What do you like best?

AirWatch is probably the most popular MDM solution currently out there. They offer a great management portal and offer a wide variety of customization attributes such as geofencing, account provisioning, and of course certificates. Works with pretty much all mobile operating systems.

What do you dislike?

Not hosted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works with Exchange and Lotus Notes (current versions)

AirWatch review by <span>Nate F.</span>
Nate F.

"LEADING THE MDM INDUSTRY FOR A REASON"

What do you like best?

I think that Airwatch is the best mobile device managment product on the market. The fact that it can meet any companies needs is a huge advantage for them. Almost every other MDM soulution has either strictly on-premise or or hosted only. With Airwatch you can pick whichever is best for you!

What do you dislike?

There is not very much that I dislike about the Airwatch offering. If I had to pick something out it would probably be the price. Like almost everything if you want the best you pay a slight premium. That is no different for Airwatch mobile device managment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be a less costly option for you depending on your situation. If you know you want strictly a hosted solution over an on-premise solution there are other options for you. If you are unsure of what you need though its nice to have the option of both from the same company.

Learning about AirWatch?

* We monitor all AirWatch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.