Alexa Marketing Stack

3.7

Actionable Analytics for the Web

Work for Alexa Marketing Stack?

Learning about Alexa?

Alexa Marketing Stack Reviews

Ask Alexa a Question
Showing 16 Alexa reviews
Alexa review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"ALEXA CAN HELP YOU BECOME NUMBER 1 IN GOOGLE"

What do you like best?

Alexa is the best tool you´ll ever find when it comes to finding profitable keywords, “spying” on your competition on the World Wide Web, as well as improving your ranking on Google. It´s as easy as logging into you’re your Alexa panel, entering the keyword your aiming for, and that´s all you have to do. In a few seconds, Alexa will tell you if the keyword you´re looking for has high or low competition, so you can decide if it´s worthy of your time. I completely like how Alexa arranges all the important features (keyword relevance, popularity, and competition) inside a sheet that´s extremely easy to understand. It´s also a delight to see that Alexa allows you to find out if a given website is popular or not, as well as how many monthly visitors it generates.

What do you dislike?

I think that Alexa is a bit overpriced. I mean, my plan costs $99 per month, which can be a high amount of money for people like me, who are just starting a website and want to improve their ranking on Google so that they can generate a good income. Also, when I enter some keywords on my Alexa panel, the site tells that “no keywords” were found. However, when I come back to the panel a few minutes later, and I enter the same keywords into the Alexa tool, then I get many results. I think this is a problem with Alexa´s algorithm that should be solved because, if users are paying for it, they deserve the best service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alexa, your tool is really helpful for serious bloggers or website owners, I think it´s the best out there. However, I can tell you that if you decrease the price, you´ll many, many more clients and your decrease in price will be rewarded by the amount of new users you get. That´s my suggestions, maybe I´m wrong, but seriously, I think I´m not.

Sometimes, getting the right keywords for your website or blog can be the difference between success and failure; if you choose a highly competitive keyword you´ll never get to position your website at the top of the search engines and soon you´ll be discouraged and will quit your blog or online business. Alexa helps bloggers or website owners to start with the right foot, because they (Alexa) give you the right tools that help you plan the best way to become one of the top websites inside your niche. What Alexa does is great: it lets you find niches or keywords that don´t have high competition so that you can position your website and home business in a “less hard” way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Alexa Marketing Stack
Alexa review by Luke R.
Luke R.

"Phenomenal competitive intelligence software for SEO"

What do you like best?

Alexa is the only tool i've found that allows you to quickly find every keyword from which your competitors are already receiving organic traffic. This process is critical as it allows you to cut to the most qualified keywords in your niche (assuming you have existing quality competitors that have a strong seo strategy). This tool is crucial for freelancers/agency SEO folks and is still a value add for in-house folks.

What do you dislike?

The traffic data and even keyword data can be inaccurate so it's important you take it with a grain of salt. The insights are almost always thematically accurate but you should always think of their data as rough estimates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to invest time and thoroughly review every product feature of Alexa's software. It took me a long time to fully realize the entire benefit of their tools (for example I only started using their site audit feature this year and I've been using Alexa for several years)

Building a keyword strategy quickly, on day 1. Alexa saves me a ton of time and gets me answers for keyword research faster than any other SEO software I've used. Their technical site audit tool is also fairly robust, specifically with regard to page speed analysis.

What SEO solution do you use?

Alexa review by Tonya R.
Tonya R.

"Great for media sites"

What do you like best?

Alexa is essential if you want the the best SEO. Even the free features, such as website ranking, can be valuable to a startup with limited resources. Alexa allows you to get all the advantages you need for a competitive website in one place. SEO is often an underused marketing element in the age of social media and Alexa is a powerful tool in bumping you above your competition.

What do you dislike?

The technology could be cost prohibitive to a growing company. Discounted rates for packages should be offered. Its biggest weakness is social analytics. There are better free services out there and much better paid services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other wordpress plugins that might be a better fit if you don't have a custom API

The backlink checked allowed us to pursue marketing opportunities we would never have had access to before. We've shifted from solely focusing on social to using SEO to gain important ground in google search.

Alexa review by Kate K.
Kate K.

"Excellent data and management of URL on a global scale"

What do you like best?

I work for a global company that needs to compare sites in different country's. It was amazingly simple to set-up and review the results for each site ranks to there local markets and compare on a globally scale. With the ability to run site audits and compare multiple sites.

What do you dislike?

Free version limitation are quite restricting but not unreasonable. You still get a lot of good information and access to a lot of the features. I would recommend the upgrade if you are running a lot of reports and want to see the refined information then definitely get an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for global information about your site then this is the best sources. Most other reporting applications use Alexa and getting the information direct from the source is more accurate.

Great ability to report site statistic to management in away that doesn't require specialist knowledge regarding digital process and SEO reporting metrics.

Alexa review by Enzo I.
Enzo I.

"un buon motore di classifiche web on line"

What do you like best?

Abbiamo provato per circa 1 anno sul blog aziendale il sistema di alexa e abbiamo avuto dei discreti risultati. Ottimi risultati sul punto di vista di ricerca di informazioni su siti e blog in quanto con alexa velocemente si riesce ad avere info su ogni sito web.

What do you dislike?

Molti discutono sull affidabilita' dei valori di alexa. Non sono tanto sicuro sul ranking fornito da alexa e occorrerebbe provare l'effettiva accuratezza. Il fatto che si basa sulla toolbar che per molti è fastidiosissima fa molto discutere. Bisognerebbe migliorare il servizio che Alexa offre in italia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iniziare a provare usando la versione prova del programma di 7 giorni gratuiti per provare come funziona il programma e per farsi un idea prima di acquistarlo.

Abbiamo provato la versione base ma prendiamo i risultati con le pinze e facciamo sempre paragoni e confronti con quelli di google Analytics

Alexa review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Providing Effectual Statistics"

What do you like best?

Alexa showed us the power of analytics and trends. We use Alexa metrics often when it is time to think about strategic choices for our company. Also Alexa toolbar is an easy to use and focused on purpose tool. I have been using the toolbar since it's published and it really helps me and my company to decide about reliability of websites.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all about Alexa, but the toolbar can be improved. "Average Load Time" statistics seem to be calculated from United States. When I test the avarage load time from the location that our web services are hosted average time is quite lower than Alexa data. I was expecting Alexa to use CDN services and provide statistics from different locations.

Alexa is a killer tool to decide about websites and their reliability. Honestly I choose the college that I want to go as an exchange student with the help of Alexa. I have been searching Swedish colleges and the Alexa rankings really help me to find popular colleges. Also I trust Alexa rankings when I buy something online. Websites with good rankings seems more reliable to me.

Alexa review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Awesome for lead gen and to estimate the size of companies!"

What do you like best?

Alexa can give you a TON of insight into competitors, potential customers, etc. It lets you know what drives traffic to their sites, how much traffic they get, how much traffic each search term drives, countries of origin, etc.! It's amazing that they can provide all of this, for FREE.

You can see who's growing or shrinking in traffic when targeting companies, and also get insights into how traffic driving works in different industries. Just a done of good, free, actionable data.

What do you dislike?

Lots of good features are paid and we couldn't initially afford that. By the time we wanted to pay our SEO had taken us past the point where we needed it, but as we move into more B2B sales we'll likely begin paying for an advanced plan.

It also doesn't keep historical data for sites <100,000 ranking which can be a drag if you target industries that aren't heavily traffic'd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free for what I've described so you might as well do it. Think about what you want to learn that's related to traffic and you can probably get a good mental model from Alexa's data. Just beware that the ranking numbers are ballparks, so it'll be within the same range but not exact.

We've used it to:

- Improve search traffic for keywords we're close to winning

- Take competitor keywords

- Find the largest traffic'd sites in a market we're targeting

- Identify geographical gaps for products

- Find articles which link to us and make sure they're correct

- Find sites that drive lots of traffic and double down efforts there

Alexa review by Emrah A.
Emrah A.

"Not Accurate Website Analysis System"

What do you like best?

Alexa is website statistic system. Its own Amazon. It has got two types of subscription. One is standard subscription, another one is pro subscription. With pro subscription you can see where traffic is coming and you can see your backlink. According to Alexa, every web page has got Alexa point. it is calculated based on several factors such as time spent on the site, the number of navigation on the site, to come back and bounce.

What do you dislike?

I can't trust Alexa because its algorithm is open to manipulation. If i use Alexa Toolbar, my website statistics better than other site which is really good from my website. therefore Alexa must change the algorithm. Alexa insights are not agree with Google Analytics. If i must select a website statistics service i do not prefer Alexa. Also Alexa reports are very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about your website, use another metric tools.

I am using Alexa for getting some idea for my competitors' sites. I know it is not reliable but give some ideas to me.

Alexa review by Ahmed K.
Ahmed K.

"Alexa Web Analytic and Ranking"

What do you like best?

wide range of dependability of sites ranking from business on alexa make it essenssial to use it and try to keep your rank high regardless it's real meaning and effectifeness

What do you dislike?

no effectice ranking could be obtained because it depents on users who installed the alexa bar and this rarely happens now

Recommendations to others considering the product

I belive the reason of existance doesn't exist

Just try to keep ranking of my web site clients high but I see it use less

Alexa review by Enzo C.
Enzo C.

"alexa uno dei top nel mondo delle classifiche on line!"

What do you like best?

Ho usato alexa fin dall'inizio per la ricerca di informazioni sui siti visitati. Per anni la parola alexa è stata sempre abbinata a domande...come posso sapere chi è il proprietario di questo sito? O dopo posso trovare informazioni su questo sito? alexa ha sempre dato tutte le risposte!

What do you dislike?

come tanti altri la toolbar è un lato che è stato sempre negativo per alexa. Il fatto che alexa si basa solo su un campione di utenti lascia tanto ma tanto a discutere!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

E' da provare!

Non abbiamo realizzato particolari benefici sinceramente. Usiamo il programma semplicemente per ricerche o altro di simile.

Alexa review by Kenn K.
Kenn K.

"Good tool with similar limitations"

What do you like best?

Great analytics to compare site to others and gain valuable insights and ideas for changes to make along with a stacking against your competitors

What do you dislike?

Data is limited by the number of people who have Alexa installed on their local browser. So while its a great sampling it still can be somewhat biased in that there is a certain demographic that would install an extension on their browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just understand its limitations in data accuracy.

Analytics and web traffic performance and data monitoring.

Alexa review by Anna C.
Anna C.

"Outdated and pointless"

What do you like best?

Gives basic and okay insights for beginner bloggers and website start-ups.

What do you dislike?

Costs too much for the same if not more in depth insights that you can get from.Google Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your money. You get more reliable insights thrift Google analytics.

None, it's a website that gives you Web traffic in site ONLY if the users also have their toolbar installed on the browsers.

Alexa review by Tobias S.
Tobias S.

"The industry standard for ads metrics"

What do you like best?

I love the insight Alexa gives me. Not only of my own performance, as with most tools, but compared to my competitors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If Alexa were to expand CRO measuring though, that'd be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a goal oriented business manager, you really owe it to yourself to give Alexa a try.

It gives a great overview of the results of all marketing initiatives.

Alexa review by User in Design
User in Design

"Alexa does the basics well"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface - a simple step-by-step process is offered. A solid, simple software solution for online benchmarking.

What do you dislike?

The analytics provided are very limited. Search terms and SEO capabilties are not exceptional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is simple to use for audience analysis and keyword generation on competitors. The took needs to integrate more with other softwares and apps.

Audience analysis

Alexa review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Very cool tool for the average user and the developer"

What do you like best?

SDKs to make it extensible, integration with third-party service providers

What do you dislike?

Competitors may soon provide more capable devices for smaller cost

Voice-based commands

Alexa review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Quick insights, but not always perfect"

What do you like best?

Alexa's a source of quick traffic estimation + competitive research.

What do you dislike?

It's not always reflective of real data. It's only one source.

I use Alexa as just one source of quick competitive data. It gives me a general sense of how a company's website is trending directionally.

Learning about Alexa Marketing Stack?

* We monitor all Alexa Marketing Stack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.