Alienbrain Studio

3.6

Alienbrain Studio is a digital asset management software that combines digital asset management (DAM) and software configuration management (SCM) into one software package.

Work for Alienbrain Studio?

Learning about Alienbrain Studio?

Alienbrain Studio Reviews

Showing 14 Alienbrain Studio reviews
Alienbrain Studio review by Sharon L.
Sharon L.

"Easy Asset Management for Designers"

What do you like best?

As a designer, having to juggle numerous large files for projects across numerous clients is often difficult. Alienbrain is made with the artist in mind, so that it's not hard at all to access different files for sounds, images, or even video.

What do you dislike?

The software can be slow on some computers, although that may not be an issue with the software suite itself. In addition, there is somewhat of a learning curve in order to implement the more advanced techniques on the platform that differ from other software that is more widely used.

It's a lot easier to do file sharing for assets, and remote work is very much doable with this software.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Alienbrain Studio
Alienbrain Studio review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great combination of tools!"

What do you like best?

The one-stop shop nature of this system really simplified our asset management and data sorting and storage needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the software updates were not the easiest to install - at times it required multiple attempts before the updates seemed to "take" on my system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a great program for asset management. The library features and ease of sue when it comes to searching is really unparalleled. It was also incredibly easy for our team to train on and pick up in no time at all. The version control feature was also a major feature that we were looking for and Alienbrain Studio definitely delivered on this feature.

Filling a digital asset management need to connect features and information across our organization. Tee simplified approach through a single system has made a huge difference for our organization.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Alienbrain Studio review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Interesting but perhaps not necessary"

What do you like best?

I think the file recovery system is very useful and the ability to store files securely.

What do you dislike?

It seems like it's a bit expensive for what we as an organization actually use on a daily basis. I guess it more like "insurance" for you business documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! You may find a lot of value in the product.

We have been able to utilize the document sharing and tracking system. It provides great efficiency since we no longer have to email files back and forth.

"Avid Alienbrain Studio"

What do you like best?

This is an excellent software to use for all your audio and music needs, particularly recording and editing audio clips. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use, and is a great tool in addition to Avid Protools.

What do you dislike?

I'm used to using Avid Protools, and this is a little different. There's a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software and a great value, but I also highly recommend Protools by the same company. It's the industry standard, and Alienbrain Studio could be an excellent addition to a Protools user's studio.

This software makes recording and editing audio and music easy. A good Digital Audio Workspace is essential to any musician, and this is a great choice.

"Pretty good but pricy "

What do you like best?

I like that the software is relatively simple to use. I do like that I can easily search for what I’m looking for and that I can manage metadata.

What do you dislike?

I do think the software is a bit on the higher end price wise. It does offer a lot of things, but one of the main flaws or setbacks would be that it doesn’t offer a workflow management effect. That can be difficult to use some other software for workflow management and swapping back and forth.

We are managing digital assets combined with software configuration managaement. One of my favorite things is the asset library. It serves as a really good organizational piece to this software.

Alienbrain Studio review by Candice S.
Candice S.

"Candice Review"

What do you like best?

Perforce is more popular than Alien brain with the smallest companies (1-50 employees) and startups. With medium sized companies (51-1000 employees) Perforce is more popular. With large companies (1000+ employees) Perforce is more popular as well.

What do you dislike?

We don't have enough data to visualize adoption by company size for Alien brain.

Passageways shares six common KPIs that will ensure your next intranet implementation is up to par.

Alienbrain Studio review by Terri P.
Terri P.

"AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

I love how this product does everything for me! I literally dont have to remember A THING!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. i haven't noticed any issues with the products usage or any glitches. as I continue to use it i will definitely make note and return for an updated review!

being that this is fairly new to me i haven't experienced any issues as of yet.

Alienbrain Studio review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I just started using it for the past few months, but I stopped"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that it helps me organize my files. I don’t get disorganized as much because it allows me to be able to manage my files. It also saves me a lot of time because files are not lost and can be found easily.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how I have to have another software to care about. It can sometimes be a lot because it is different than what I am used to using.

I have realized that it makes things more organized and easily accessed

Alienbrain Studio review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best management tool for artists"

What do you like best?

Although this is not a software to be used in IT industry but I use it for personal use as I am a freelance music producer. Best management tool for artists. Manages everything so that files do not get lost. Interface is quite intuitive and software on the other hand is very reliable.

What do you dislike?

Very expensive. I’ve only used the trial version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Already mentioned that it is highky recommended for artists.

If you are an artist this is a great software to use.

Alienbrain Studio review by Shubham S.
Shubham S.

"Alienbrain studio review"

What do you like best?

Best for collaborative work. Best fir artists and having simple interface.

It is very secure and reliable.

What do you dislike?

I have found only one cons that is high cost redt is good.

Helps alot for game development studio.Projects become more visualise.

Alienbrain Studio review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Alienbrain Studio is a clever asset management tool"

What do you like best?

It simplifies things well and makes organization in the entertainment industry easier and more seamless.

What do you dislike?

Not enough people are aware of it and hesitant to invest in its resources.

It's easier to collaborate, edit and approve the different assets stored. Sometimes the interface feels a little clunky. Managing products is easier and it provides a good visual to skim.

"Alienbrain Studio"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use with a lot of design software such as PhotoShop and Office. The userface is very easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

The pin feature could use some major improvements.

It was used as a way to manage resources and keep track of useage.

Alienbrain Studio review by User

"Most helpful product ever"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Simple and self explanatory

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike about it I like everything

This has helped me and my colleagues very much over the months using it

Alienbrain Studio review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great digital asset tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Software is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Could be more robust. Rather limited in its offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing at this time

Manage digital assets

Learning about Alienbrain Studio?

* We monitor all Alienbrain Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.