Allocadia

Help marketing departments plan, budget and measure their marketing investments

Work for Allocadia?

Learning about Allocadia?

Allocadia Reviews

Ask Allocadia a Question
Showing 22 Allocadia reviews
Allocadia review by <span>Carey R.</span>
Carey R.

"Allocadia has Worked Miracles with our Marketing Team"

What do you like best?

The look (the user interface) is awesome and honestly, the layout "makes sense". After the team used it for a bit, and provided feedback, we are even able to move fields around to help the Marketing team more quickly, search for items.

We are easily able to map items after they are imported from NetSuite (our ERP) which is great when we are in a meeting and we are able to reflect this real time.

The metrics, the graphs, charts, can be as simple as you want or as detailed as you might need.

The level of customer service we have received from the entire Allocadia team, has been beyond any other tool, application, software, almost anything, we have worked with.

In the year + we have worked with the Allocadia team, I cannot recall the word "can't" come out of them. When we have asked them how to do this or how to allocate that or how to import or download or update, they have worked with us from start to finish.

I cannot stress enough that the tool is set up to make the transition, from whatever the Marketing team is using now whether it be Excel or some other spreadsheet type tracker, very easy and painless.

What do you dislike?

The one challenge we have had was getting the Marketing team to consistently use the Allocadia ID on all of their submissions. Unfortunately as awesome as the Allocadia team is, I don't know if they can perform miracles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Allocadia not only for the actual tool, but for how it integrates with Marketo, NetSuite, Salesforce, as well as all the bells and whistles and most importantly, the Allocadia team. They go above and beyond.

Our business problem is (was) to get everyone in Marketing, of which we have many different teams, to use one standard budgeting tool. Historically there would be transfers between the different teams, of money they might need and it was all done via handshake. Now we are able to see it come out of one team and into another AND I can quickly see at a glance, if the budget still balances.

Another benefit has been the ability to quickly view monthly/quarterly/annual budget, actual, forecast, transfer data in one easy format and one easy data pull. Historically I would need to piece together different workbooks in different formats from different teams. No more!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Allocadia
Allocadia review by <span>Erin A.</span>
Erin A.

"Great Product and Awesome Support"

What do you like best?

We use Allocadia a little differently than it was built. Allocadia worked with us through every step of the way and made sure we had what we needed. More than that, they have answered every question (and I have plenty) efficiently and are so kind. I really appreciate all their help to make this tool unique for us.

What do you dislike?

Because we use this tool a little differently than intended, there is some functionality for us that is a little clunky. In almost every case, I have been able to work with Allocadia to figure out the best way to make this product work for me.

We need a non-spreadsheet place to plan but also to keep our actuals. We have also added in metrics which is not something Allocadia was built to do but is working well for us. Regardless of how clunky it might be, it is far and away a much better solution for us than a spreadsheet.

What Marketing Resource Management solution do you use?

Allocadia review by <span>PJ S.</span>
PJ S.

"Very easy to use for those without a finance/accounting background"

What do you like best?

For someone with a marketing background, the tool makes tracking budget very easy. The interface is extremely intuitive and user friendly. You don't need to know the finance side of things, simply just enter your planned, forecasted, and actual budgets to track your spend.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into any issues to this point - it does the job for what I need to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool that is easy to use and provides full visibility to those who need it, I would highly recommend Allocadia.

We track monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets through Allocadia. It's very easy to go back and see what you spent, or see how much you're projected to spend if you input planned/forecasted numbers. Finance likes this because they can track on their end.

Allocadia review by <span>Nick M.</span>
Nick M.

"Great streamlined way to manage corporate budgets"

What do you like best?

The UX is very easy to use and mostly intuitive. All of our teams can manage their individual budgets, but the software allows this to be viewed and reported out on by our Finance team in a non-silo manner. It is easy to report out and view your budget allocations and make decisions or recommendations to budget stakeholders based on these reports. Everything can be tracked in one place.

What do you dislike?

The UX is updated on a regular basis without warning. This can be a positive thing, but I have found that in certain instances I have had to take extra time to re-acquaint myself with the updated layout.

I am new to managing my teams budget and Allocadia has made this transition extremely easy and streamlined. It is very straight forward for me to submit a new Purchase order with my finance team and I tie everything back to Allocadia and the Line Item ID. Initially I needed to create a separate Excel Spreadsheet to track all of my budget items and spends, but I am now able to do this all through Allocadia and not rely on other methods.

Allocadia review by <span>Joshua J.</span>
Joshua J.

"Great product for those looking to track or improve marketing performance. "

What do you like best?

The Allocadia interface is simple to use and understand, which helps end user adoption. The platform itself contains powerful analytic tools that easily display a visual representation of your data. Allocadia is purpose built for marketers, and geared to easily track marketing performance.

What do you dislike?

The existing functionality works very well, but I would like to see a greater focus on organizational roles via the ability to create user groups, and custom security groups in Allocadia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to improve your company's ability to track marketing ROI, or begin tracking marketing ROI, then look no further.

This platform is a terrific way to track your existing budgets in a unified way; even for those companies who are not looking to or are not ready to begin tracking the return on their marketing investment. Allocadia's interface is simple, but it reporting engine is incredibly powerful. If you're looking to unify budgeting within an organization, then Allocadia will provide an excellent, holistic solution that you're looking for.

Allocadia's integration with Salesforce.com shows that the platform is moving in the right direction, with a focus on the entire marketing pipeline.

We currently use Allocadia to solve for and analyze marketing ROI.

Allocadia review by <span>Lisa M.</span>
Lisa M.

"Spreadsheet Free!!!"

What do you like best?

The intuitive interface that is enough like a spreadsheet, our former way of budgeting, that users were able to quickly embrace and use this new tool. I've had most of our users tell me they are really pleased with how Allocadia works and how useful it is for them in budgeting for their regions.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is a strong word. I would rather say I'm looking forward to a more robust multi-level approval workflow.

I love that we were able to discontinue the use of spreadsheets to budget our WW Marketing organization. We had 17 unique budgets using 6 different currencies - yeah pretty much a nightmare! With Allocadia we now have one central location that is our single source of the truth.

Allocadia review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Allocadia has been a useful tool to track our media and interface with accounting."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, planning purposes, and analytic availability.

What do you dislike?

To PO/invoice process across the number of budgets that we maintain could be a little more smooth. We can have one invoice across multiple schools and media buys and searching for that information can get cumbersome in locating and entering those spends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to use and has great reporting/analytics availability. It is adaptable to a large number of budgets and marketing processes.

Interfacing with accounting. Uploading the POs has been great, and having the ability for their new system to upload payment information will be great. It has already improved our interface with accounting.

Allocadia review by <span>Brian B.</span>
Brian B.

"User and implementation partner."

What do you like best?

The user interface. Spreadsheets can be boring, but they are so useful. I think Allocadia nailed it when they brought the spreadsheet world into an easy-to-understand, shared online environment.

Putting our budget information into Allocadia forced us to really think about how we structure our work. It also forced us to think about how we consume information about our spend (i.e., what reports do we want). The reporting engine has a sleek look and functions well...marketers love it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything right now that I would complain about, but I would like to see the approvals engines grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be flexible and willing to adjust your process. Let Allocadia align to your business structure, but don't be too fearful about using the power of the tool to influence how you can make changes. This tool was built on best practice marketing usage.

Also, align your organization to common terms and taxonomy to the extent you can. The hierarchy is extremely flexible, but aim for consistency across LOBs / budget areas as much as possible.

Start small, learn, and build out from there. This changes things; don't feel like you have to get it 100% done the first time around.

We are just about to complete our integration to SFDC, and that will get us to a closer look at mROI, so for right now, we are using it for visibility to our budgets. We also plan very soon on getting actuals and POs spinning through the system.

Allocadia review by <span>George C.</span>
George C.

"Amazing product for closing the gap on marketing performance management."

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Very little - somethings need to be managed or changed through support which adds just a slight delay.

Ability to understand program efforts not just by lead or pipeline, but by these values against investment. Interface with Marketo and our financial system works perfectly. Another great feature is the ability to tag spend as committed, optional, occurred, etc. This makes it very easy to answer the CFO if cuts needs to be made where is it possible. We were able to manage a multimillion dollar marketing budget to within a few dollars, even after a major mid-course adjustment.

Allocadia review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to Use and GREAT service"

What do you like best?

Allocadia's customer service has been wonderful. They are very responsive and organized. I really appreciate the follow up and attention to detail.

What do you dislike?

There are some things about the application that I find a little klugey. For example, when you go to the analytics tab, you have to manually refresh the data or it may be out of date. You would think that the page would auto refresh when you click the tab. Also, I have several budget owners that use the system and it would be nice to have a way to assign budget access based on user rather than clicking into every budget and assigning who should have access, because I have more budgets than people to manage them. I've heard this is possibly changing in the future though.

We have several budgets that we keep with several different people managing them, so Allocadia was a great way to give them a spreadsheet-like view but with group sharing abilities.

Allocadia review by <span>Andrea B.</span>
Andrea B.

"VP Marketing"

What do you like best?

Allocadia allows us to manage our global marketing budget from the top level strategic intentions down to the individual tactical line items, from a single collaborative system.

What do you dislike?

I wish the system would allow for a rolling budget across years, rather than forcing separate annual budgets.

Budget planning & managenbt alignment between marketing and finance.

Allocadia review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"An OK system -- a bit clumsy and slow"

What do you like best?

The system in theory is good to track your budget. Depending on how you set up the system, it can be a very useful tool, but the set up can be prone to error if it is your first time. It is easy to add line items and categories to the budget.

What do you dislike?

If you have multiple budgets, it is a manual process to change the budgets even if they have the same set up. There's no way to copy and paste a budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are sure that Allocadia can fulfill all of your needs specifically.

Our marketing team is able to track their budget, and get up to date actuals to compare to the budget.

Allocadia review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"An individual and reliable budget manintenance tool"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface guaranteeing a great usability while focussing on data reliability and security at the same. Plus the combination of real-time adjustments and many-user accessability.

What do you dislike?

We are unfortunately facing some formatting issues from time to time which are kind of annoying - but in the end not a big deal. The performance overall good be better but is improving lately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take especially advantage of their great support and their will to always fit the customers individual needs.

We solved the big issue of having plenty excel files and different versions of these files at the same time. Now all our budget relevant data are stored at one central location and the trust in these dat ais restored.

Allocadia review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"I get a full picture of my budgets!"

What do you like best?

The ability to see various groupings of data easily. The visualizations are helpful in quickly understanding what is working and not working.

What do you dislike?

Although speed has improved, there is still work to be done to make it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One thing that is impressive is that Allocadia continues to evolve the platform in functionality and from a usability perspective. When buying into a SAS platform this is key, as with the current environment it is expected that functionality continues to improve.

This adds confidence that the platform will be around for the long haul.

I continue to have a better impression of the product as I see it evolve.

Budget allocation and pacing.

Allocadia review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Review of Allocadia Software"

What do you like best?

I like that we can create reports to view the data that we want to see and how we want to see it.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow to load. Also, after the initial implementation, making changing to any budget can be a hassle, especially if there are numerous budgets.

We trying to move away tracking and creating reports using excel as it is more susceptible to human errors.

Allocadia review by User in Computer Software

"Great, easy to use budgeting system"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and friendliness of use. Anyone can use with minimal training

What do you dislike?

Support materials are no easily accessible and would be nice ot have easier access to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use budgeting software, this is what you should be using....

Using a global budgeting software to maintain and see what each region is doing...allowing us to have a better handle on how everyone is using the software and how we are doing in actuals based on the year

Allocadia review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Great budget maintenance tool"

What do you like best?

The speed at which the system is constantly being updated. It is also great to work with a team that is always available to help.

What do you dislike?

That the ability to create reports is not as user friendly as with Salesforce.

we are able to eliminate the use of several excel sheets having all the information we require localized in one area.

Allocadia review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Allocadia is perfect for budget tracking"

What do you like best?

Allocadia allows you to consolidate budget information from multiple campaigns and channels in one place, then uses that data to create at-a-glance dashboards and other powerful reporting.

What do you dislike?

I'd be interesting in using a mobile app so I can update a given figure in a meeting, right when it's finalized.

I run several dozen campaigns, all with individual budgets that roll up in a variety of ways. The hierarchy system within Allocadia allowed me to group them all appropriately, then accurately track budget in three main categories: planned, allocated and spent.

Allocadia review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Allocadia helps in collaborating with remote team "

What do you like best?

I like the real-time environment. You can make a line item change and your colleagues will see it immediately.

What do you dislike?

I don't ike that you can't search with CTRL + F from the browser window. I would like to search within a long list and see various times the search term appears.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The information you keep in Allocadia is only as good as the people updating it. You need to have timely updates so that you can get good analysis from your data.

Collaboration on budgets is key. Not using mulitple spreadsheets. Multiple views.

Allocadia review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Allocadia has helped our department as a whole!"

What do you like best?

I like how much it has helped our company transition from spreadsheets to an always-live spreadsheet. It has really helped make our budgeting so much faster.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the filtering can be a bit clunky and be a bit frustrating if you have a lot of line items. Also, if you edit a line item a specific month it doesn't carry over to another month which can be hard if you look at a budget on a monthly basis.

We are speeding up our accounting for our department as a whole. It has made things more accurate and streamlined and allow a visual view for all people in the department.

Allocadia review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Infinitely better than spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

The fact that everyone has visibility into the budget. It makes it easy to keep all of our expenses up to date.

What do you dislike?

When dragging or moving things around within the budgets, you have to be very precise with your mouse. Additionally, sometimes the drop downs don't work correctly. For example, you could select a certain vendor and it will oddly jump to a different selection.

We were having a real issue reconciling the data that finance had with our expense records. Now we have the ability to make sure that both records match up and that everything is coded properly.

Allocadia review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Some pretty cool new features"

What do you like best?

The new features of being able to tag things as forecast, committed and optional work magic for budgets. It really keeps things organized.

What do you dislike?

Not too keen on not being able to change the line items to other budgets.

I am helping to keep budget requirements in line and tracking expenditure throughout the year. I've realized what areas need work and what areas we can either increase or decrease expenditures.

Learn more about Allocadia

Allocadia Downloads

Learning about Allocadia?

* We monitor all Allocadia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.