Alma | Rethink SIS

Alma | Rethink SIS

3.9

Rethink SIS. Alma’s integrated suite of SIS and LMS tools empowers learning communities with a modern software platform ready to take on today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities. Impressively designed and easy to use, Alma provides the industry’s best student information system, including: admissions, enrollment and registration, student demographics, attendance, advanced scheduling, discipline, grades, state reporting, custom report cards, parent portal, student portal, standards-based and traditional gradebook, reporting, custom form builder and much more.

Work for Alma | Rethink SIS?

Learning about Alma | Rethink SIS?

Alma | Rethink SIS Reviews

Ask Alma | Rethink SIS a Question
Showing 32 Alma | Rethink SIS reviews
Alma | Rethink SIS review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"Great experience and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Alma is easy to navigate. I like being able to not have to refer to pages of notes when I go to add the next school year. Every year and many times throughout the year they are adding new features and continuing to improve what they already have. I like being able to send out an email to all students and parents without having to log into my email. When I send out report cards parents can respond to that email and let me know if they have any concerns or questions. Customer service has always been great and respond in a timely manner!

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing I dislike. I believe they are always going to continue to improve their product and will stay current with what works best for educators and the education system.

Since switching to Alma the school has been able to do a better job of communicating with parents because it is so easy for the teachers and the administrators to reach out via email. We can also pull the data that we need in regards to students who are failing classes or kids that are struggling with their attendance. Easy and quick ways to get the data work great for a school!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Alma | Rethink SIS
Alma | Rethink SIS review by Meredith H.
Meredith H.

"Easy-to-use SIS with Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Alma is an intuitive, easy-to-use platform with an attractive user interface. It's true that it requires virtually no training and can easily be used "out of the box". Report cards are beautiful and easy to customize; we have standards-based report cards with long narratives, and Alma does a wonderful job with these. The mobile site works seamlessly--I often send school-wide announcements from my phone. Customer service is outstanding. We typically get a response to our questions within minutes, and they are very friendly and responsive to our requests. Overall, a very positive experience for school administrators.

What do you dislike?

Alma is still adding features and does not do as much as some of the more complex platforms. LMS features are limited; we find that it really works best as an SIS in its current incarnation. That said, its simplicity works very well for us as a small school. They do what they do well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent program as long as you carefully consider what features your school needs.

Streamlined operations and communications; standard-based report cards; minimal training required for faculty and staff.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Tera C.
Tera C.

"Smooth Interface"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of entering grades on this system as well as the multitude of reports you can pull. I feel that information and data should form teaching so, the reporting option came in handy throughout the year. The site is fast and logical, meaning you don't have to do a lot of searching to find the information or page that you need.

What do you dislike?

I wish students could turn in their electronic assignments directly to ALMA and I would be able to grade it within the system. Our previous grade books (Brainhoney, Google Classroom, Buzz) have allowed this in the past which made it possible for students and parents to verify that their work was turned in or not.

It would also be nice to be able to distribute assignments through ALMA that are larger than what is currently allowed. It was easier to use a different platform that allowed me to upload all of my documents rather than use ALMA for some, but not all assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having an electronic dropbox to submit files. Allowing more room/data space to distribute files.

It would be nice if we could distribute assessments (multiple choice, matching, essay, etc) on this platform and collect data from those assignments.

Attendance was electronically kept this year. In the past we had paper attendance and this helped parents, counselors, teachers, and students be more attentive to attendance issues.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Alison K.
Alison K.

"Year 1 - So far, so good!"

What do you like best?

This product is very intuitive in daily use. The study guides and online support provide more in-depth discovery and learning.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to search by a phone number - sometimes our parents don't always leave a name. It's difficult to find the info quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself plenty of time if transitioning from another SIS, have firm deadlines with your staff as far as cut-off for old SIS, familiarize yourself with the program before going live by checking the study guides and videos (as well as any on-site training you might schedule).

We can see at a glance our demographics and classroom counts - it is concise and makes placement of new enrollees much easier and our accuracy in reporting is greater. The ease of pulling reports and data for import into other software has increased my productivity and efficiency.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Nicole H.
Nicole H.

"ALMA Review"

What do you like best?

I love being able to use it as a communication tool with parents. They can see specifically which categories their students are struggling with and we can address issues with certain assignments as well. It's great so that report cards at the end of the term aren't a shock.

What do you dislike?

I wish the most recent assignments were closest to the student's names, instead of the oldest assignments. I find myself doing a lot of extra scrolling back and forth.

Alma acts as our gradebook for the elementary school. With the kind of school system we use, it is so helpful for other teachers to know how students are doing in their group classes. It improves the communication between colleagues and families.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Fadwa G.
Fadwa G.

"Alma organizes your work and keeps you updated with your curriculum on a daily basis "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the easy way to input your information and the organization of data. Changes are easily done and the support is highly efficient you can easily copy curriculum and assignments from one class to another

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing major. I would appreciate if there could be a faster way to input student grades with one save bottom at the end of the class instead of saving each grade alone. Also the day refers to one hour even though I have 2 hours per day

Allows supervisor to easily access data and follow up with all teachers progress in curriculum

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"A great class management tool"

What do you like best?

Alma is the best class management software I’ve ever used. I love that I can enter grades, do attendance, contact parents or students, and look at data on student performance all in one place.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit of time to learn all the bells and whistles- but that can be expected from any new software. I expect to navigate it with ease this second year.

Alma speeds up grade entry. As a Middle School teacher I always have something else to do while I’m doing anything. Alma let’s me sneak grades in between my many tasks.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Classroom teacher "

What do you like best?

Easy user interface, students 24/7 access

What do you dislike?

Cannot change grades for Google Classroom

Recommendations to others considering the product

Link your Google Classroom! Alma is a great platform to use everyday. We link our Google Classrooms and our grades show up like 'magic'. Students enjoy being able to see their daily and weekly schedule. I enjoy being able to access it from home or at school. There is an option to link your lessons to Alma along with state standards. I haven't tried this yet, but after doing the tutorial, it seems pretty easy. There are also a bunch of reports you can run (attendance, grades, etc.) so you can get a better snapshot of your students.

Easier for parents to access grades

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Incredibly Happy!"

What do you like best?

Their customer service. I love how easy they are to work with and pleasant. They are more than happy to modify the program for us and are also quick to answer.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features. I wish we had some flexibility when creating reports and implementing some features we have requested. They are usually quick to fix complaints though and I see a future where we have exactly what we need/want.

Its an easy way to keep track of students, their grades, and all of their information. Its also simple to get the parents signed up and involved with their students academics.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Administrator

"Alma is great for our school. "

What do you like best?

I like how customization Alma is. We have a very unique school and yet is still meets our needs. We also like the LMS SIS mix that Alma allows. On top of all that, their support and customer care is stellar.

What do you dislike?

There are some bizarre requests with transcripts but we are working with Alma on a solution and it should be fixed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great SIS/LMS solution for holistic schools.

We have streamlined SIS and attendance. In addition out HS loves the report cards.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Complete package for School Data"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that there is one interface, one place that everyone at the school can go to do what they need, find out what they need, or input what they need, from all aspects - administration, teachers, office staff, students, and parents. Everyone has access only the information they need, appreciate the different levels of access.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is the reports. There are myriad of reports you can select, you can even create your own for the data you want to capture, but they all come out on an excel page, which really isn't that impressive. I also dislike that there is no direction on how to use this tool, no how-to's or FAQs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alma is very reachable, you can make suggestions, ask for direction. The only thing I wish for is training so that you can learn all the capabilities and how to access everything from the beginning versus by trial and error, but that may not be Alma's fault - that could have been something local.

We have resolved our school data problems - in the past we had attendance information in one place, parent/contact information on another data file, nurse/emergency information elsewhere, grades and transcripts on another, to name just a few - now all this data and evolving information is on one platform.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Marissa K.
Marissa K.

"Love Alma"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access all my student's information and the ability to tag students for allergies, IEPs, or other important information

What do you dislike?

As a special education teacher, I get loaded onto every teacher's class so that I can access all my student's across the grades. It would be nice to have my own consolidated class list separate from the general education classes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth trying.

Alma is a nice way to store lots of information and data in one place. It is accessible to multiple users and can be adjusted for your need.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by bill h.
bill h.

"User friendly SIS, needs phone app"

What do you like best?

ease of access & maneuverability. easy to find info

account manager is available and helpful for making edits to our profile, supporting creation of custom reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

there's no app. its impossible to look at ALMA on a phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

tell them to build a phone app!

tracking incidents , enrollment, student data including dietary issues, media permissions, etc

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Kelsey  T.
Kelsey T.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I love that I can access student grades and information with a click of a button! it made my job so much easier throughout the day. You can access parent info as well which made the day so easy! I loved using alma for my class!

What do you dislike?

I didn’t really dislike much about alma.

It is beneficial for schools because it helps so much with filing and organizations student records.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy use"

What do you like best?

ALMA is one of the easiest, user friendly platforms I have used. Navigating from one item to another is easy to find and quick.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to have an easier way to enter grades, I.e. putting in the grade and just hitting enter to get to the next one.

We use ALMA for attendance, grades, a school directory, and communication to parents.

"Very disappointing"

What do you like best?

It is easy to message my classes. There is very little else to recommend about this product. It has been incredibly frustrating trying to implement this.

What do you dislike?

Many functions that I consider basic for an SIS had to be specifically requested by our corporation and developed by ALMA post implementation. When we started with the system, there was no mechanism for a final exam, I could not drill down to see my homeroom students' current academic progress in their classes, and it took over a semester to generate a transcript that the state would accept. ALMA still cannot provide class rankings. Entering grades is cumbersome. All reports are pdf with little customization possible. All teachers in a building can see and access every report that is run in the building, raising confidentiality issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ALMA is not a fully developed product. They are responding to our needs, but it is a slow and reactive process, not proactive. The product was not ready to deploy.

This system has created far more problems than it has solved.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by User

"Very cumbersome and little help to improve options."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to write notes on each student.

What do you dislike?

1) You cannot print out a year long individual attendance report.

2) It is not user friendly when trying to see which absences are excused, unexcused or suspension. They need to all be color coded differently. Otherwise you have to click on each individual date to see what the attendance was marked as. Each absence should be a different color so you can easily see and count the absences efficiently just by viewing the calendar.

3) There is not tardy report that gives you the amount of time the student was tardy. Again, I have to click on each individual day to get the time they arrived. There is a report with student's name, date they were tardy and the number of tardies they have, but as I need a report with the time the came into school as well.

4) When gathering demographics, I have to flip from two pages (the bio and contact pages) instead of all of the information being on one page. Very time consuming when you are making a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have recommendations.

None at this time.

"Alma Support"

What do you like best?

Alma is very easy to use and intuitive. The Alma support is fantastic and jumps roght in to help with anything.

What do you dislike?

I have to upload individual email addresses for hundreds of students instead of batch importing. Also, having to log in to different sites for schools within the same district.

Alma has made student data more readily available to all.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Administrator

"Very pleased with Alma"

What do you like best?

As a teacher, I enjoyed very much using the Alma program because it helped me stay organized in my planning process, but also guided me with all the third grade standards during the whole year.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning of the school year, I felt a little bit lost about how to use the Alma Platform. However, after some practice, I got used to the system.

Alma helped me to keep track of the kids’ grades and motivated me to keep all my plannings on date

"User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

Alma is user-friendly. Assignments are easy to copy and paste because everything you need is right there on the page. Grades take no time at all to enter. I love the assignment page, which allows me to link to my lessons and easily enter a due date.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a place to see each student's grade from each quarter, comments as well.

Students may see in real time (parents too) how they are doing in class. Communication is quick and easy. I may contact parents, students, or both if I need to discuss an individual student or give information that everyone needs to know.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by M. Janel B.
M. Janel B.

"Needing a bit more"

What do you like best?

Colorful interface

Can easily search stiudents

What do you dislike?

Inability to print reports one by one.

No VISUAL individual schedule options

Does not link with google classroom in standards mode

Not as malleable as I’d like it to be

Competency’ based progress reporting in a high school setting

"It's functional"

What do you like best?

It keeps track of things better than if I were to compile things by hand.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit obnoxious to navigate. Features, like the ability to email all students, disappear. Constant pop-up messages from the tech crew. Y'all - make an app for the phone that just lets me do attendance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it's the best option, go with it.

Really, we use it to take attendance, and that's about it. A bit for grades.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is nice and the ability to customize.

What do you dislike?

The cost is not that great and the amount of people that know about this to be able to reach them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it but don't waste too much time with it.

I no longer use it I didn't like it thought it wasn't worth the time.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Heidi B.
Heidi B.

"attendance"

What do you like best?

I don't have a feature I like best. It's fine for writing report cards and narratives.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Alma accepts tardies and absences but can not keep track of the tardies entered for the report card makes no sense to me. It seems that this would be an easy fix to an annoying problem.

writing report cards.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent data input, user friendly "

What do you like best?

It is super user friendly. Easy to maneuver while using which create a high efficiency while dealing with many issues.

What do you dislike?

When dealing with entering all my information manually which is time consuming only at the beginning of using the program. It would’ve been easier to downlaod everything automatically all at once.

To navigate through students information in a timely fashion.

Alma | Rethink SIS review by Pia C.
Pia C.

"Loved the ease of administration"

What do you like best?

very easy to maneuver as a first time teacher

What do you dislike?

no populated progress report or report card comments

Alma keeps all assigned work and parent contact information in one easy to use location

Alma | Rethink SIS review by User

"School nursr reviews alma"

What do you like best?

All information that I have needed to access as a school nurse has been easy to retrieve. I found the program very easy to start using. It's one of the few software programs I actually enjoy using.

What do you dislike?

At this time I do not have any complaints.

I am able to run reports on our students which has been helpful to me

Alma | Rethink SIS review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Always updating to help users"

What do you like best?

The site always seems to be making changes to help users navigate better and find what they need.

What do you dislike?

Some items are not located in the places oh would expect and take longer than necessary to find.

Student information system, offers to sync with other programs.

"Great Resource "

What do you like best?

Easy access to parent contact information. Fast attendance taking.

What do you dislike?

I am pleased with every aspect of Alma 😀

Keeping in touch with parents of my students. Entering report card scores and comments, and taking attendance.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Alma is intuitive and easy to use. It has all the features I look for without over complicating the format.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally Alma crashes and is down for a few hours. This is an inconvenience at times.

The useable and predictable format make Alma easy for a new teacher to use immediately.

"The program is OK"

What do you like best?

Communication to students. Record keeping.

What do you dislike?

No way to collect assignments submitted for grading

organization

Alma | Rethink SIS review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Alma review! "

What do you like best?

Alma is focused on aiding students to be and do their absolute best

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. It’s a great software that allows me to keep all important information organized and easily accessible.

Like I stated previously, organized and easily accessible information.

Learn more about Alma | Rethink SIS

Alma | Rethink SIS Videos

Learning about Alma | Rethink SIS?

* We monitor all Alma | Rethink SIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.