Alma

Rethink SIS. Alma’s integrated suite of SIS and LMS tools empowers learning communities with a modern software platform ready to take on today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities. Impressively designed and easy to use, Alma provides the industry’s best student information system, including: admissions, enrollment and registration, student demographics, attendance, advanced scheduling, discipline, grades, state reporting, custom report cards, parent portal, student portal, standards-based and traditional gradebook, reporting, custom form builder and much more.

Work for Alma?

Learning about Alma?

Alma Reviews

Ask Alma a Question
Showing 13 Alma reviews
Alma review by <span>Alison K.</span>
Alison K.

"Year 1 - So far, so good!"

What do you like best?

This product is very intuitive in daily use. The study guides and online support provide more in-depth discovery and learning.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to search by a phone number - sometimes our parents don't always leave a name. It's difficult to find the info quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself plenty of time if transitioning from another SIS, have firm deadlines with your staff as far as cut-off for old SIS, familiarize yourself with the program before going live by checking the study guides and videos (as well as any on-site training you might schedule).

We can see at a glance our demographics and classroom counts - it is concise and makes placement of new enrollees much easier and our accuracy in reporting is greater. The ease of pulling reports and data for import into other software has increased my productivity and efficiency.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Alma
Alma review by <span>Christina W.</span>
Christina W.

"Great experience and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Alma is easy to navigate. I like being able to not have to refer to pages of notes when I go to add the next school year. Every year and many times throughout the year they are adding new features and continuing to improve what they already have. I like being able to send out an email to all students and parents without having to log into my email. When I send out report cards parents can respond to that email and let me know if they have any concerns or questions. Customer service has always been great and respond in a timely manner!

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing I dislike. I believe they are always going to continue to improve their product and will stay current with what works best for educators and the education system.

Since switching to Alma the school has been able to do a better job of communicating with parents because it is so easy for the teachers and the administrators to reach out via email. We can also pull the data that we need in regards to students who are failing classes or kids that are struggling with their attendance. Easy and quick ways to get the data work great for a school!

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Alma review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Complete package for School Data"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that there is one interface, one place that everyone at the school can go to do what they need, find out what they need, or input what they need, from all aspects - administration, teachers, office staff, students, and parents. Everyone has access only the information they need, appreciate the different levels of access.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is the reports. There are myriad of reports you can select, you can even create your own for the data you want to capture, but they all come out on an excel page, which really isn't that impressive. I also dislike that there is no direction on how to use this tool, no how-to's or FAQs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alma is very reachable, you can make suggestions, ask for direction. The only thing I wish for is training so that you can learn all the capabilities and how to access everything from the beginning versus by trial and error, but that may not be Alma's fault - that could have been something local.

We have resolved our school data problems - in the past we had attendance information in one place, parent/contact information on another data file, nurse/emergency information elsewhere, grades and transcripts on another, to name just a few - now all this data and evolving information is on one platform.

Alma review by User

"Very cumbersome and little help to improve options."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to write notes on each student.

What do you dislike?

1) You cannot print out a year long individual attendance report.

2) It is not user friendly when trying to see which absences are excused, unexcused or suspension. They need to all be color coded differently. Otherwise you have to click on each individual date to see what the attendance was marked as. Each absence should be a different color so you can easily see and count the absences efficiently just by viewing the calendar.

3) There is not tardy report that gives you the amount of time the student was tardy. Again, I have to click on each individual day to get the time they arrived. There is a report with student's name, date they were tardy and the number of tardies they have, but as I need a report with the time the came into school as well.

4) When gathering demographics, I have to flip from two pages (the bio and contact pages) instead of all of the information being on one page. Very time consuming when you are making a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have recommendations.

None at this time.

"Very disappointing"

What do you like best?

It is easy to message my classes. There is very little else to recommend about this product. It has been incredibly frustrating trying to implement this.

What do you dislike?

Many functions that I consider basic for an SIS had to be specifically requested by our corporation and developed by ALMA post implementation. When we started with the system, there was no mechanism for a final exam, I could not drill down to see my homeroom students' current academic progress in their classes, and it took over a semester to generate a transcript that the state would accept. ALMA still cannot provide class rankings. Entering grades is cumbersome. All reports are pdf with little customization possible. All teachers in a building can see and access every report that is run in the building, raising confidentiality issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ALMA is not a fully developed product. They are responding to our needs, but it is a slow and reactive process, not proactive. The product was not ready to deploy.

This system has created far more problems than it has solved.

Alma review by <span>M. Janel B.</span>
M. Janel B.

"Needing a bit more"

What do you like best?

Colorful interface

Can easily search stiudents

What do you dislike?

Inability to print reports one by one.

No VISUAL individual schedule options

Does not link with google classroom in standards mode

Not as malleable as I’d like it to be

Competency’ based progress reporting in a high school setting

"It's functional"

What do you like best?

It keeps track of things better than if I were to compile things by hand.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit obnoxious to navigate. Features, like the ability to email all students, disappear. Constant pop-up messages from the tech crew. Y'all - make an app for the phone that just lets me do attendance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it's the best option, go with it.

Really, we use it to take attendance, and that's about it. A bit for grades.

Alma review by <span>Jasmine M.</span>
Jasmine M.

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is nice and the ability to customize.

What do you dislike?

The cost is not that great and the amount of people that know about this to be able to reach them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it but don't waste too much time with it.

I no longer use it I didn't like it thought it wasn't worth the time.

Alma review by <span>Heidi B.</span>
Heidi B.

"attendance"

What do you like best?

I don't have a feature I like best. It's fine for writing report cards and narratives.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Alma accepts tardies and absences but can not keep track of the tardies entered for the report card makes no sense to me. It seems that this would be an easy fix to an annoying problem.

writing report cards.

Alma review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Always updating to help users"

What do you like best?

The site always seems to be making changes to help users navigate better and find what they need.

What do you dislike?

Some items are not located in the places oh would expect and take longer than necessary to find.

Student information system, offers to sync with other programs.

Alma review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent data input, user friendly "

What do you like best?

It is super user friendly. Easy to maneuver while using which create a high efficiency while dealing with many issues.

What do you dislike?

When dealing with entering all my information manually which is time consuming only at the beginning of using the program. It would’ve been easier to downlaod everything automatically all at once.

To navigate through students information in a timely fashion.

Alma review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Alma review! "

What do you like best?

Alma is focused on aiding students to be and do their absolute best

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. It’s a great software that allows me to keep all important information organized and easily accessible.

Like I stated previously, organized and easily accessible information.

"The program is OK"

What do you like best?

Communication to students. Record keeping.

What do you dislike?

No way to collect assignments submitted for grading

organization

Learning about Alma?

* We monitor all Alma reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.