Alongside

Alongside

Alongside is a hiring software designed to improve the way people and companies discover each other.

Work for Alongside?

Learning about Alongside?

Alongside Reviews

Ask Alongside a Question
Showing 34 Alongside reviews
Alongside review by <span>Matt S.</span>
Matt S.

"Outsource your recruiting tech"

What do you like best?

Centralized management of all recruiting activity -- managing multiple job sites is a huge pain and it's nice to have all prospect information centrally available. Previously I was storing all resumes in a shared folder that was hard to search and almost impossible to classify properly. Building your own careers page is just another software asset to maintain and buying third party software is yet another thing to manage. It's nice to offload a piece of non-core business technology and focus on the stuff that matters.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to type a forty character version of 'nothing'.

- Don't need to buy/build and manage our own internal careers app

- Easy collaboration with other team members on the recruiting/hiring process - easy hand-off of recruiting activities due to status being tracked in the application.

- Flexible recruiting pipeline - easy to match internal practice with features available in the app.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Alongside
Alongside review by <span>Tera W.</span>
Tera W.

"Great multi-functional application for finding great candidates"

What do you like best?

Alongside is very user-friendly. It is easy for someone who is mildly tech-savvy to hop on and understand where to go to find the information they need. It is wonderful for teams to be able to all review candidates and leaves notes in order to proceed to the next step.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike but it would be great to be able to customize what information is pulled on the candidate screen. For example to see highlights instead of last job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the effort of learning how to use. Will save you time in the long run!

We are solving the hassle of advertising for multiple jobs across multiple platforms. It is fantastic to have one hub to check for this process and have this hub also allow us to screen, make notes, and track along the hiring process. It saves time. That is huge.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Alongside review by <span>Nick G.</span>
Nick G.

"Make your next hire the easy way. "

What do you like best?

The help docs were excellent in helping me think about and plan out how I would go about the hiring process. The email reminders and updates about applications were helpful i staying on top of processing incoming candidates.

What do you dislike?

I don't remember anything that I didn't like. I didn't encounter any bugs or confusions. Great user interface. Setup was easy and painless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're a great company run by professional people obsessed with HR. Send them a message and let them show you what they can do!

I felt and now feel, a lot more confident in my hiring practices. They helped give a structure to what can sometimes be a bit of a chaotic process. They had great email and job description templates that easily saved me hours of work setting those up. And they were easy to customize.

Alongside review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Alongside is our go-to decision making tool"

What do you like best?

We love that we can get an understanding of our full pipeline of candidates in one, transparent place. No matter what platform we post our jobs ads on, we have the ability to use this as a decision-making tool at all levels of the business, and easily have different department managers make selections and suggestions right in Alongside. It has been extremely helpful in streamlining our hiring process, especially as a startup where we didn't always have an HR manager at hand to organize candidates themselves!

What do you dislike?

The only reason I wouldn't recommend this is if a startup didn't have any initial cash-flow to purchase this and were only in need of one-off type hiring posts. There definitely needs to be a bit of volume you are dealing with to use the tool to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep being your awesome selves! One thing we have realized as we grow is that we are really lacking in policies, moving forward from a scrappy startup to our growth stage. If there was a templates section where we could see existing hiring policy type documents to increase our professionalism as we move forward, that would be super helpful!

We have realized that our C-level team can hop in an out of this whenever they have time and make their suggestions and recommendations in the app as they see fit. This is then recorded in Alongside so that when the other team members have time, they can jump in there themselves and compare their suggestions to the rest of their team. While it gives the flexibility of doing this when you can on your own time, we still find that the tool is keeping everyone on the same page in a more real-time way than having the hiring at a more manual process level.

Alongside review by <span>Kolton G.</span>
Kolton G.

"Alongside ATS Review"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Alongside makes the process of creating a job posting, generating application questions and posting it on job boards! This makes any HR experts life a lot easier by having one simple platform to control all your hiring needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is limited job board to post on and that there are no coding question templates available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying the free trial and seeing yourself how easy they make hiring!

The business problem that is solved with Alongside it having a single platform for all your hiring needs. The benefits are simplicity, time savings and organization!

Alongside review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"Amazingly Simple"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Alongside really makes it a must use tool for any growing team.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't a lot that we don't like about Alongside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Us

When hiring, the process of getting a standardized job posting created that makes it easy for applicants to apply is a must. Alongside helps structure the postings and makes the communication with the applicants so easy. We also love how much time it saves promoting our openings. Couple clicks and you're done.

Alongside review by <span>Nathan S.</span>
Nathan S.

"Great way to find great candidates and bring them in the company"

What do you like best?

I liked the multiple integrations with job sites.

What do you dislike?

Ease of notifying all candidates of results

We used Alongside to do some of our first non-referral hiring... Alongside has helped us build a couple of teams in the company and increase our talent base. I liked the ability to get jobs postings out on multiple job sites and collaboration features with the team. Helps increase collaboration with hiring.

Alongside review by Administrator in Computer Software

"I use it as a hiring manager for a start up company in Halifax"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is being able to see all my applicants at a glance and having the whole hiring process more or less in one place

What do you dislike?

Being able to opt in and out I have found difficult at times. Being a startup who's hiring process has severe ebbs and flows at times so being able to put a subscription on pause being easier would be nice.

What we have solved is allowing our hiring process to be a little bit more organized and being able to send all candidates tailored messages with minimal effort is super helpful.

Alongside review by <span>Michelle D.</span>
Michelle D.

"feedback"

What do you like best?

All applicants are in the same place. Easy to search for applicants.

What do you dislike?

The new dashboard doesn't provide me with information that I need. I just have to click more to get to the info I want. Also, dislike that the "create job" button is a small + sign.

resumes are better organized

Alongside review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"does what i want it to do"

What do you like best?

Easy to post and publish my JDs. Love the ability to have you post on multiple portals on our behalf.

What do you dislike?

Hard to navigate between multiple prospects. As cheezy as it sounds, I'd like a more tinder-like experience where I can shortlist people before diving deeper into them

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is critical to help you manage all incoming leads you might be getting from various sources. We'd be SOL without it.

I need to hire people. Alongside is my portal that lets me do that.

Alongside review by <span>Mark S.</span>
Mark S.

"Fantastic partner"

What do you like best?

These guys are attentive supportive and responsive with a touch of maritime Canadian charm. Highly recommend

What do you dislike?

Would be better to have more natural candidates coming from the local region

We source difficult to fill candidates. Alongside delivers with their easy to use platform

Alongside review by <span>Alana B.</span>
Alana B.

"Human Resources Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and navigate. I am new to the role at the firm and it was very easy just to dive right in.

What do you dislike?

More choices re: categories of applicants

Keeping our applications together is one spot is a life saver.

Alongside review by <span>Justin D.</span>
Justin D.

"Alongside has made our hiring process easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, collaboration and time savings

What do you dislike?

Postings for remote employees you have to target multiple cities

Reducing the amount of time, energy and money spent with Hiring. Team collaboration on running an efficient hiring process.

Alongside review by <span>Isabelle G.</span>
Isabelle G.

"Very nice program"

What do you like best?

Easy - convienant. I like the layout - it is clean and effective

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this moment - the product is still very new to my company

Effective in replying to candidates in a timely manner

Alongside review by <span>Marc G.</span>
Marc G.

"Works every time"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, editing, you’re not stuck if you’ve made a mistake posting, candidates easy to review once they apply

What do you dislike?

A bit pricey but not prohibitive, look at getting more posting possibilities

We have hired 2 new people in the process for the third as we speak, we can control the process easier as I work remotely and my GM is at Head office we can qualify individually without having a physical meeting

Alongside review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"We use alongside as our Applicant Tracking System with Career Beacon"

What do you like best?

The ATS is very easy to navigate and we have benefited the most in sharing applicant resumes with managers.

What do you dislike?

At this time there is nothing we are disliking.

Alongside has solved our manual system on reviewing job applicants. The tool allows us to share resumes, receive manager feedback, and consolidate all applicants in one place. Saving time has been the biggest benefit for the HR department and managers are loving the new process.

Alongside review by <span>Kirby S.</span>
Kirby S.

"Alongside making a difference "

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Simple to train new employees

Real-time support

What do you dislike?

Limited reporting

Not designed for Agency use

Screen integration

Recommendations to others considering the product

Budget friendly

Local

Easy to use

Improved response time to build and post.

Alongside review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to view applications"

What do you like best?

Tabs for organization :) Also like the red/green/yellow dots for ranking. I like the thumbs up / thumbs down feature to communicate internally (avoids back and forth). I also like that when you share a profile with a team member if gives them a link to the applicant right away.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that I dislike about Alongside

streamlines hiring and keeps multiple managers in the loop

Alongside review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Useful but needs Analytics upgrades"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use. It's very straight forward to set up job postings.

What do you dislike?

It needs more analytics options. You should be able to extract a spreadsheet to show all applicants for all jobs, with email addresses and contact information.

Staffing issues are being solved. able to give specific people access to their own postings rather than everyone being bombarded with all postings.

Alongside review by <span>Gabriel D.</span>
Gabriel D.

"Easy integration, limited search"

What do you like best?

Easy to post job and integrate on our website

What do you dislike?

Limited search functionnality. Had bugs exporting candidates

Post job, get candidates, discuss with other managers

Alongside review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Along Side - First Impression"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and easy to access user information

What do you dislike?

No issues to date No issues to date No issues to date

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this software for those who want to better manage recruitment. Easy to use and a lot of functionality to improve your recruitment process.

We needed an applicant tracking system to better manage Recruitment Life Cycle

Alongside review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"New user "

What do you like best?

the online service is easy friendly, Ive only been using it for a few weeks now

What do you dislike?

I wish we could get direct chat support, sometimes it can be about 2 hours before we get a reply for a sample answer

All resumes are at the same spot, way easier to manage our candidate pool

Alongside review by <span>Tara Y.</span>
Tara Y.

"I found Alongside to be an easy way to keep track of potential applicants. "

What do you like best?

It's clean, straight forward design of the page. Easily maneuverable, easy and quick access to the information I'm looking for. I love that I'm able to personalize our Company page and add photos. Quickly promote your job!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about it.

It reaches potential candidates far and wide.

Alongside review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Manager Human REsources"

What do you like best?

The ease of use; the questionnaire function; support and ease of editing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like. I love this ATS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have and will continue to recommend Alongside.

Makes screening resumes very efficient. Gives hiring managers more time to do more important work.

Alongside review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Really great platform"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ability to see all of my candidates in one place and organize them by qualifications, etc. I also like how easy it is to post jobs to job boards.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure why certain jobs get promoted by Alongside on social media and others don't. I've also noticed that the frequency with which Alongside customer service check in, make suggestions, etc. has reduced.

The time it takes to prepare job postings and easily distribute them.

Alongside review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"A few bugs, but a good platform"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of sharing notes with others.

What do you dislike?

Some customization was required for our use, and it didn't go smoothly. Mostly resolved now though.

Our old system was cumbersome and made sorting / sharing difficult. Alongside addressed this.

Alongside review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Modern feel - easy to collaborate with partners"

What do you like best?

I really liked being able to add notes for other reviewers to look at and quickly put applicants into categories. The automated email feature was also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I found that the alongside summary often left out key details from the resume - I found more often than not I just used to resume as originally submitted.

No problems as of right now. As mentioned, loved being able to categorize candidates quickly and automate emails.

Alongside review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Using Alongside "

What do you like best?

The system is easy to learn and use for HR professionals and for hiring managers.

What do you dislike?

Only the inability to brand with your company when you send to linkedIn

We had the need for a APS on a short term basis. Alongside provided the solution and had the flexibility that we could terminate our contract at anytime. That flexibility is appreciated as we will be implementing a HCM over the next few months.

Alongside review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Well organized program"

What do you like best?

Being able to view and track applications

What do you dislike?

printing applications not as simple as it could be

less emails, better organization

Alongside review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Alongside and Google"

What do you like best?

I like that it does offer GA stats within alongside.

What do you dislike?

No so much a dislike, but I would like if it could integrate with a client's GA account to be able to add event tracking to clicks within alongside.

Posting job postings and allowing applications to be submitted.

Alongside review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Still unsure"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use usually. Friendly staff. That I can buy Craigslist ads with it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit glitchy. Applicants wont use it for certain positions. I can get better rates and advertising posting myself on Indeed.

It's good to have an applicant tracking system.

Alongside review by User in Internet

"Great Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

The candidate tracking, sorting and qualification works great, as well as being able to publish job listings to multiple platforms from one place.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can say I dislike at this time.

Streamlining the application and hiring process.

Alongside review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Great Time-Saver"

What do you like best?

The efficiency of bringing all applications to one location.

What do you dislike?

Inflexibility of pricing options for some services.

Time saved, efficiency

Alongside review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"So easy..."

What do you like best?

So easy to use under every possible circumstances

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing that I disliked.

Recruiter

Learn more about Alongside

Alongside Videos

Learning about Alongside?

* We monitor all Alongside reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.