Alt Legal

Alt Legal prepares, files, and tracks USPTO filings by automating the administrative and repetitive aspects of IP work.

Work for Alt Legal?

Learning about Alt Legal?

Alt Legal Reviews

Ask Alt Legal a Question
Showing 21 Alt Legal reviews
Alt Legal review by <span>Ticora D.</span>
Ticora D.

"It's like MAGIC"

What do you like best?

I love AltLegal's seamless intake process and standard emails.

What do you dislike?

My G.Chrome extension malfunctions at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

I am able to seamlessly onboard clients and gather critical information concerning their trademarks with ease. As a solo attorney, my time is incredibly important. AltLegal's systems allow me to not only be more efficient, but also communicate with my client's quickly concerning the status of their trademarks. I love the built in email templates and that AltLegal will even customize your emails if you need to make slight changes. I no longer have to log into the USPTO's archaic system to monitor my marks, because AltLegal's docketing software does it all for me. Even when I'm not able to log in, I still receiving daily and weekly email summaries concerning my portfolio. I'm able to file trademarks much faster and focus on the business of my business more. It's a no brainer to have AltLegal if you're a trademark attorney!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Alt Legal
Alt Legal review by <span>Caroline J. F.</span>
Caroline J. F.

"This is my new favorite thing. I tell all my non legal friends about it, which is nerdy but telling"

What do you like best?

This. Changed. My. Life. As a small trademark practitioner, I needed something functional and easy. This does it. Deadlines are all easy to see. It sends you a daily digest of marks coming up on deadlines, etc. It also pulls your marks in automatically so setup is A BREEZE. I am their new biggest cheerleader/ fan, and tell all of my non-legal friends how excited I am-- which is lame but shows how excited I am.

What do you dislike?

They are new so I believe it will get souped up eventually. This is what I'd love to see:

-Ability to customize questionnaires and all aspects of intake process (right now, limited customization)

-I have some issues with logo sizing, but that could just be user error

-More robust copyright management options (I realize this is a trademark focused product, but this would be nice)

-Zapier integration would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize that they are a new company, but know they are super willing to help you and offer support.

If you need something simple and easy to manage IP, this is it.

KEEPING EVERYTHING AUTOMATED and easy to see

Easier deadline management

Intake is a breeze

What Intellectual Property Management solution do you use?

Alt Legal review by <span>Roberto L.</span>
Roberto L.

"Best Trademark Docketing Software"

What do you like best?

Automatically updates trademark deadlines in your docket without the need for manual input.

Weekly emails with upcoming deadlines.

Excellent customer support.

Reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

Can take some time to upload records. But that's a minor issue -- it's really a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You owe to yourself and your clients to have docketing support software. Don't look elsewhere -- just try Alt Legal. I'm sure you will be satisfied.

It saves me from having to manually input deadlines, which frees up my time to address substantive client matters. I'm not aware of another product on the market that automatically updates a USPTO docket. And at the price point they offer, it's an affordable and absolutely essential tool for any trademark attorney.

Alt Legal review by <span>Ian C.</span>
Ian C.

"Best in Class IP Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Favorite features include the Patent and Trademark reporting tool, invention workflows, regular docket deadline reminders, and don't forget the extremely intuitive and easy to navigate Alt.Legal platform UX/UI. Alt.Legal has transformed our in house IP management tool for the better. Can't recommend this highly enough to in house counsels struggling with high IP outside counsel costs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are very excited for new features! Alt.Legal has a ton of potential to grow and evolve with it's intuitive platform and API connections. Also, great leadership and customer service.

Provide easy, accurate and fast reporting across all IP assets, including patents and trademarks. This has allowed us to protect our critical IP faster and with greater transparency to the business.

Alt Legal review by <span>Josh N.</span>
Josh N.

"Look No Further"

What do you like best?

Docketing and deadline tracking = the best

What do you dislike?

Would love reference sections to be added in the future. No complaints so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The UI and functionality are impressive, and we know that Alt Legal has more tricks up their sleeve that they'll be deploying as they continue to grow and fulfill this very important niche.

The ease of docketing and the automated reminder emails are wonderful to ease your fears of missing important deadlines. Keeping track of multiple registrations, etc., can be a logistical and administrative nightmare - Alt Legal makes it a dream.

The intake software is another key component - no need for questionnaires via PDF or scanning/printing, etc. You send the client a link, receive your needed info, and can input directly into the USPTO application. The time you save allows for conversion of more opportunity. Highly highly recommended.

Huge time-saver. Covers intake, which is easily transposable to the USPTO applications. Covers docketing and statutory deadlines - a huge tool that lets us all sleep easy without worrying about possibly missing important deadlines

Alt Legal review by <span>Cliff K.</span>
Cliff K.

"The user interface and Clio integration smoothly allows me to manage clients' portfolios"

What do you like best?

User interface is easy to use and intuitive. I like being about to access all clients' marks in a single search and to quickly get client-specific overviews.

Also, the deadline tracking is great, a true triple prong strategy! I check on Alt-Legal regularly for upcoming deadlines. They also send me a docketing email daily. Lastly, the integration with Clio also builds in a reminder there, so I'd be on top of all trademark matters even if I don't try.

What do you dislike?

The search function sometimes isn't as quick as it could be, but only a very minor issue.

Automatic deadline calendaring is a key feature which helps me out. I never have to worry about surprise deadlines.

Learning about Alt Legal?

* We monitor all Alt Legal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.