Amazon Pay

Pay with Amazon is a fast, easy and safe way to accept payments online and on mobile. Pay with Amazon is a payment gateway solution for e-commerce vendors that lets users sign in and make purchases using their personal information from their Amazon account.

Work for Amazon Pay?
Chargent review  2x

Learning about Amazon Pay?

Amazon Pay Reviews

Showing 49 Amazon Pay reviews
Amazon Pay review by <span>J L.</span>
J L.

Trusted, revered and a great tool for sales

What do you like best?

I love that the people at Amazon are super eager to help whenever I call for support. My customers are already pretty familiar with Amazon being that I sell on Amazon and on other store fronts. The dashboard and desktop is super easy to read although it's a little small... nothing a little zooming in won't fix. Ultimately, if I could afford it, I'd still have it. The sandbox view option is my favorite feature.

What do you dislike?

The setup and approval process takes longer that I would prefer and there was some additional verification involved. Also, although it is on the surface noted to be "free" to set up, eventually when you get ready to actually use it, you WILL have to pay. The fees are higher than comparable market rates as well.

I eventually put my account on hold because the processing was just too pricey. I think it is worth the price, however, it's worth it for companies who are doing 10's of thousands of sales per month-quarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford the fees, it is worth the additional services and trust that come with it

I can get payments from my 3rd party drop shipping vendors processed by a trusted name. This has boosted my sales. I like the analytical tools available as well that let me see where the most sales come from.

I am now using another supplier as the costs got too high.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay review by <span>Adam R.</span>
Adam R.

A quick, familiar, and trustworthy way to pay for desired merchandise.

What do you like best?

Amazon payments is a straightforward, easy, quick, and trustworthy way to pay for any merchandise I'm looking to purchase. I honestly wish it was used in more places. Outside of grocery items, I purchase at least 75% of all other items through amazon, so I trust the company heavily. So when I look to make a purchase and see amazon payments as an option, it'll always be the first option I pick, because I know I can trust them.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty difficult to think of anything I dislike about amazon payments. They do exactly what you need, use the payment options you have in amazon to pay for purchases. And they do it well!

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I have not been on the side of the merchant in using Amazon Payments, I can speak from the side of the user, and when I see amazon payments as one of your payment options, I gain full trust in purchasing merchandise from you, because I know it'll be handled well and safely.

The biggest problem is the issue of trust. With internet security becoming more important and more people are joining with the desire to malign people and businesses, you need to find a company you trust to make purchases. The benefits of amazon payments is being able to use the same payment options you use when you shop on amazon, but everywhere else. In a time where putting your personal information out less often is a good thing, amazon gives this option, and does it safely. Also, they've added the ability to track what purchases you made using their service right in amazon.com. This is a really nice feature to help keep balance.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Amazon Pay review by <span>Janna G.</span>
Janna G.

Great for online retailers.

What do you like best?

We are FBA Sellers on Amazon - but we also have a small, online store that specializes in vintage and upscale items. Having the ability to keep all our "online selling" under one roof, so to speak , makes it incredibly easy for us and our customers. Having Amazon Payments on our website, we feel, makes our customers feel at ease with purchasing from our site. We find that since we have the Amazon logo on the site (and as an option to utilize for payment) our sales have increased. We found that although not all our customers used Amazon for payment - knowing we were affiliated in some way with Amazon provided a sense of authenticity and reliability.

What do you dislike?

Fees are little high unless you are selling high end goods. We have had a few "disconnects" over the past few months where we had to go back into sandbox mode to test - when we switched back over it seemed to "reset" and work ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not skip the sandbox in the setup and use the Amazon name to your benefit on your website. There is a comfort to the Amazon rand when people are buying online.

We utilize several payment options for our business - and although we do not use Amazon Payments exclusively, we do see more of our clients using this option over the past 6 months, We prefer it for the fact that we are familiar with the Amazon Seller platform and keeps our transactions easy to manage.

Amazon Pay review by <span>Lauren C.</span>
Lauren C.

Easy Transaction!

What do you like best?

I haven't been using Amazon payment for too long but for as long as I have I haven't found one complaint! Easy to use, very clear website, payments always arrive on time. One of my favorite features is there aren't any high fees. It's a good feeling knowing you're getting more of your money and it's not practically cut in half after you receive it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike is the 5-7 wait period for your withdrawal to reach your bank account. Some other payment options take 24 hours and that would be preferable but the fact that it is still getting to my bank I can't complain too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Amazon Payments I would say it is definitely a payment option you can trust. It is very easy to use and reliable. Great customer service!

It makes payment so much easier. I literally make a few clicks and a withdrawal is on it's way to my bank. Everything is clear so not too often do I have to contact support either. Basically, it just saves me a lot of time, headache, and worry!

Amazon Pay review by <span>Tracie J.</span>
Tracie J.

Amazon Pay

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The first attempt to use Pay with Amazon was simple and easy to complete the process. One less login I had to use to pay for a purchase online. I didn't even have to get my CC out again.

What do you dislike?

Not all sites are allowing Amazon Pay just yet. appears to be just a bit too new for some vendors. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot maybe it'll work for you as well as it does for us.

I have not had the pleasure of using Amazon Pay for business purposes directly other than when ordering directly through amazon. The majority of my experience with it has been personal at this point.

Amazon Pay review by <span>Timothy H.</span>
Timothy H.

Efficient and backed/secured by an industry leader

What do you like best?

The efficiency and quickness which money is transferred into your linked accounts, and the ability to directly utilize you payments balance towards company purchases through Amazon. It adds a layer of versatility to your funds.

What do you dislike?

There is limited need for Amazon Payments to begin with except for establishing crowd source work, or utiliziing Amazon's e-commerce platform as a gateway for your sales if you have not established your own branded market gateway. It's more of an in between or stepping stone process and is unlikely to be used long term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazon Payments works great for what it is used for, but unless your company is primarily based in sales through the Amazon Marketplace, conducting research through Amazon Mechanical Turk, or freelancing crowd sourced opportunities through Amazon Mechanical Turk - you are unlikely to use Amazon Payments for more than a brief period of time. It is a very niche merchant account, but one that is efficient and fully integrated into Amazon for ease of use and a great sense of security. So, if your company IS going to be doing business in either of the three areas mentioned, Amazon Payments will be your go to merchant account for a long time - and that's a good thing.

The primary business problem that Amazon payments solves is ease of establishing a merchant account to accept and distribute funds for sales through the Amazon Marketplace or crowd-sourced business on Amazon Mechanical Turk. Amazon Payments provides an integrated all-in-one solution for near immediate access and manipulation of these funds through their own integrated and secured network.

Learning about Amazon Pay?

* We monitor all Amazon Pay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.