Amazon Rekognition

Amazon Rekognition

Amazon Rekognition makes it easy to add image and video analysis to your applications. It can identify the objects, people, text, scenes, and activities, or any inappropriate content from an image or video.

Work for Amazon Rekognition?

Learning about Rekognition?

Amazon Rekognition Reviews

Ask Rekognition a Question
Showing 19 Rekognition reviews
Rekognition review by Nicholas M.
Nicholas M.

"Simple to uise, feels limited."

What do you like best?

The best part about Amazon Rekognition is its ease of use and simplicity to understand. When I was first tasked to look into this product, the company was doing a Hack Day. In the span of a day I managed to build a website that was able to take given images and determine whether the image contained a duck or not. This allowed me to understand how simple it was to use Amazon Rekognition.

What do you dislike?

I felt like the documentation for setting up and using the product was alright. Although was lacking support in PHP for some major components. Other than that, the setup and use was easy. However I would improve the documentation.

Also, I found that some of the products features were limited and could be improved upon over time to include additional features and have a smarter model. Many of the images the API responded with no response rather than something even though it was a valid image with normal content inside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anybody who has a need to search through images to find vary obvious content within them. Sometimes the model misses information but it is good overall.

Our company has a lot of images that we need to ensure has no inappropriate content within it. This content could vary between adult material to medical drugs/needles. Amazon Rekognition allows us to scan images for this content and sift through many images almost effortlessly with minimal human interaction.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Rekognition
Rekognition review by Alex I.
Alex I.

"Amazon Rekognition User"

What do you like best?

what I like the best About Amazon rekognition app is the ease of use, it may sounds complicated but as soon as you use it with your videos and images you would get used to it fast even if you are not an expert, because it proved detailed menu for users. with variety of tools such as face recognition and, face detection along with object detection.

What do you dislike?

there is no specific thing I do not like about the App except the highly price, also it is still a bit buggy and it kept crashing on me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Amazon rekognition even though the App is still being developed by Amazon, but it is absolutely worth using,

I am using the App with video streaming recognition and pictures editing face detection

What Image Recognition solution do you use?

Rekognition review by Prakash N.
Prakash N.

"Keep your application kid-friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for rating images and determining their suitability

What do you dislike?

If you are not careful, the costs can add up very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the AWS docs. They have samples and tutorials.

If you have a service that aggregates and presents media from the public, you are always in "danger" of the content being "inappropriate". Of course, Facebook, Google and other large companies have teams of people ensuring that such content is appropriate (in their respective sites). If you are a smaller player, Rekognition comes to your rescue.

Rekognition review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Rekognize is both fun for the developer and non developer alike"

What do you like best?

I like that no technical knowledge is needed to use Rekognize and the facial recognition is fun to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really dislike about it. The ease of use makes it a nice product.

No buisiness problems currently but the possibilities are unlimitted. I can see a large use case for filtering out images that do not meet certain criteria.

Rekognition review by Rex B.
Rex B.

"Amazon Rekognition is good but could use improvement"

What do you like best?

Easy to use API - it was simple to get this working and many of the tags were accurate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes images are tagged with words that make no sense and are clearly wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and make sure that the quality of the tags for the types of images you plan to submit is adequate.

Tagging images users upload to my web based system.

Rekognition review by Daniel c.
Daniel c.

"AMazon Rokgnition Review"

What do you like best?

Amazon makes great products and the design of it seem great.

What do you dislike?

It can become overwhelming at times with all the options but for the most part its a trial and error learning process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for free

To identify the objects and images given to me and approve what should be filed for my upcoming projects.

Rekognition review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Services
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Services

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love that Amazon Rekognition is so easy to use. Even if you haven't every used anything like it before you will have not problem getting started.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I like most everything about this product. My only dislike really is that some of the features although great do seem to be a bit limited.

Amazon Rekognition has allowed me to filter through images at a quicker pace than I could before which allows for a more productive day.

G2 Crowd User

"Facial Rekcognition That Works! "

What do you like best?

As always, Amazon has put alot of thought and effort into building a product that is well thought out and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

As with all technology, the product is only as good as the people that are behind the scenes programming and developing. Bezos has proven time and time again that Amazon will not fail it's consumers. Time will tell.

We are aptly able to identify subjects visually that would otherwise be missed by a single individual.

Rekognition review by Darrell B.
Darrell B.

"Darrell Bullock"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using a tecnnology that is very innovative

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product

Facial login systems

Recognition of doctors as they enter patient rooms

"Was so easy to use"

What do you like best?

We used it for last years Alexa hackathon and it was super easy to get it up and running and remembering people’s faces!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don’t have a bad experience with it. For me, the easy of getting started is most important.

Was used to create a visual check in service that memorized users.

"Rekognition Review"

What do you like best?

This software has allowed us to remove a very expensive third party library that was out of date. We have successfully rolled this product into production.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I disklike about rekognition is that some face points are not recognized currently. This will mostlikely come with time.

Finding face points for school pictures.

G2 Crowd User

"Rekognition is great for Facial Recognition"

What do you like best?

The ability to plug and play. Do not need to reinvent the wheel. The services and capabilities are awesome.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet.but will keep you posted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Embrace it

We are trying to still look for the perfect business case. We are at proof of technology stage.

G2 Crowd User

"Simple. Straight Forward. Life Saver."

What do you like best?

The software finds inappropriate content without having someone such as myself do the job.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little high for what I am using it for.

I am able to use my time more freely and focus on more important tasks.

Rekognition review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Great functionality"

What do you like best?

It provides an easy method to recognize objects and scenes in a high throughput fashion and does so quickly

What do you dislike?

Learning how to use the different functions, and some accuracy/thoroughness concerns

Analyze social media shares and detecting relevant images for contextual ads

"Rekgnition in DoD"

What do you like best?

Easy to work into your workflow and relatively low latency

What do you dislike?

At this point we're having problems with the airborne video we're using...more training will be required

automatic target recognition and vehicle tracking for the DoD and IC

Rekognition review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"High Quality"

What do you like best?

High quality application that allows you to enhance your content using videos and images.

What do you dislike?

I found it to be not the easiest application to use but I got used to it quickly.

The benefit of visual enhancement.

Rekognition review by G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions
G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions

"Rekognition deserves to be recognized "

What do you like best?

Smart, game changing software. Unbelievably accurate and exquisitely unique.

What do you dislike?

I enjoyed all aspects of this software; nothing to dislike.

Safe analysis of potentially inappropriate content; the facial recognition capabilities is before its time.

Rekognition review by G2 Crowd User in Legal Services
G2 Crowd User in Legal Services

"My review "

What do you like best?

It's very fast and not at all complicated

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, I find using it has saved me a lot of time

Identifying New clients and keeping track of older clients

G2 Crowd User

"Accuracy and price are unsurpassed"

What do you like best?

The confidence for each photo has been amazing.

What do you dislike?

No public photo connector to match phtos not included in our own photo database.

Fraud with driver license

Learn more about Amazon Rekognition

Amazon Rekognition Videos

Learning about Amazon Rekognition?

* We monitor all Amazon Rekognition reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.