Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES)

Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a bulk and transactional email-sending service.

Work for Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES)?
Maingun vs sendgrid 2x

Learning about Amazon?

Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) Reviews

Showing 68 Amazon reviews
Amazon review by <span>KEHINDE A.</span>
KEHINDE A.

The Best Email Service Ever

What do you like best?

It's Affordable, reliable, can be customized and you only pay for what you use. They have built in Analytics that scales your usage and then give you complete report.

You can customize the API, set bounce email and tracking domain from your dashboard. The service simply amazing.

Its automatically calculates your reputation based on complains. You can use a dedicated IP even though i have never used it but the option is there on the dashboard.

If what you need is to use it as an SMPT you do not need to hire a developer as all the instructions are on the page.

I simply love it.

What do you dislike?

In many cases it only connect faster on amazon Virtual Computer which I don't much like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazon Simple Email Service is so far the best service I have ever used for my email marketing.

What I really like about it is that I could send email conveniently anytime I want and I could even have my own email marketing platform and sell service to others.

The beauty of this service is that I could send up to 50,000 emails for free every month before I start paying for email sent.

I recommend this service to you either you are just starting off in business or you have been in business. Amazon SES will not only help you save cost but also get your email delivered into inbox.

I use it in sending bulk emails to my subscribers and the inbox rate is awesome.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES)
Amazon review by <span>Abhinav S.</span>
Abhinav S.

Cost Effective yet powerful emailing solution

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about this service is the fact that I can use it from pretty much any of our applications.

Amazon SES is a black box service from aws. With lot of amazing features like spam filtering. Email tracking etc. The pricing is fair, as you pay for what you use, and the interface is the simplest thing ever.

What do you dislike?

Setup and Configurations to avoid spam can take time for first time use. It is not for tech beginnners , reporting section is also weak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare pricing with other email delivery tools. A must try emailing solution at a very affordable price.

I use SES to auto-respond to users that submit messages through a contact form. We are using Amazon SES with our self hosted php application to sent our marketing emails.

What Transactional Email solution do you use?

Amazon review by <span>Kupinapopust M.</span>
Kupinapopust M.

Using Amazon email service for marketing purpose

What do you like best?

Deliverability rate, easy to use, clear result view

What do you dislike?

No option for drag and drop creation of e-mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires programming in order to use it, but it's the best cost effective e-mail marketing tool with great stability.

I am sending e-mails in a fast and stable way directly to the inboxes of my subscribers. It's a great cost effective marketing tool for every e-mail marketer. I have increased revenue due to the best deliverable rate of amazon SES compared to other e-mail platforms. I have saved adiminstration time of my e-mails as Amazon SES requires just one time programming and works with directly reading from the code of the e-mail content. It's cheaper than the Mailchimp for example.

Amazon review by <span>Razvan R.</span>
Razvan R.

The cheapest way to send massive amounts of emails

What do you like best?

At the beginning, i liked that i was able to send millions of e-mails at a very low rate. I used amazon ses with sendy and it worked very well.

There's no plans to pick from, no tiered feature levels: just a flat fee of $0.10 per thousand emails you send, plus another $0.12 per GB of email attachments sent

Amazon SES is a cheap way—if not the cheapest way—to send emails with just the features you need, and to only pay for the messages you send.

SES is a great option for cheaply sending bulk messages, and if you already use Amazon's other services, it's free tier makes it an even more tempting offering.

What do you dislike?

It is not an all in one tool. You need to have extra software for it to work with. Another bad thing is that i did not liked the deliverability. The open rate was lower and even so our revenue was quite good.

For 100.000 emails it takes a lot of time to send e-mails because you are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was able to decrease may bill with a lot of money. SES is a great option to send cheap emails. Until now i did not found a cheaper alternative.

Amazon review by <span>Luis E.</span>
Luis E.

Great email service for transactional emails

What do you like best?

Pricing and reputation are the best from this platform. You can be sure all the emails sent through amazon SES are delivered to the recipients in an easy and fast way.

What do you dislike?

They should implement a visual editor or composer for the email automations, that would be great to have!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should take into consideration they will need to compose the emails in another software/tool for them to send them through amazon SES. And also the reputation for the sending domain needs to be positive or neutral to work

Realiable and fast email marketing/automation with great scalability, transactional automated emails and ecommerce transactional emails.

Amazon review by <span>Devin R.</span>
Devin R.

Amazon SES make sending large volumes of mail easy

What do you like best?

It makes sending large volumes of email very easy. We send lots of logs, reports, and notifications out daily. Originally we ran them through Gmail but hit their limits very quickly. After switching to SES we had no further problems.

What do you dislike?

The setup process is a bit tedious as it requires a verification process, but as a developer I understand the need. You don't want any random person signing up for an AWS account and sending mail out as Amazon.com, but the process also required explaining your needs for specific volumes and depending on a person to approve it. I feel that an automated verification process should be put into place to verify the ownership of my domain, but leave it up to me to decide how much email I need and am willing to pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know ahead of time that setting up SES will not be instant and can take over a day to wait for approval. If you set it up in response to an excessive volume of email, you may still have to deal with that volume before you can switch.

We initially sent many of our automated emails through a Gmail SMTP relay, but quickly ran into their daily limits, as well as experienced slowdowns waiting for the emails to send when a larger volume was queued. By switching to SES, we no longer had the low limits that Gmail imposed and the large volumes were sent nearly instantly.

Learning about Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES)?

* We monitor all Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.