Amazon WorkDocs

4.0
(29 reviews)

Amazon WorkDocs is a secure enterprise storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities that improve user productivity, users can comment on files, send to others for feedback, and upload new versions without having to resort to emailing multiple versions of files as attachments.

Work for Amazon WorkDocs?

Learning about Amazon WorkDocs?

Amazon WorkDocs Reviews

Showing 29 Amazon WorkDocs reviews
Amazon WorkDocs review by Taylor W.
Taylor W.

"Moving in the right direction.....still has some issues."

What do you like best?

I really like the Amazon WorkDocs Companion app which allows you to work on the documents using the application on your own computer, but save them directly into the WorkDocs website where it updates automatically. So, it's different from online versions in that you can work on your desktop (i.e., using Excel through your own desktop application), but when you save and close the new version is immediately populated into the WorkDocs folder on the web with a notification of a successful save. This allows you to be sure that you are working in the more recent document and that your changes are being saved. Also, I like that you can lock a document while working in it to prevent others from making changes.

What do you dislike?

There are a few issues I've ran across. First and foremost, the Amazon WorkDocs Drive that syncs the WorkDocs with a desktop-accessible version will spontaneously crash. This results in having to go through some workarounds to re-save your file onto your computer and re-upload the version. Thankfully, you usually don't lose your work, but the file will no longer save in the right place. Another issue revolves around the inability to work in a single document with multiple people at the same time. We have found that only one person's version saves at a time, which means that other people are saving versions that aren't actually populating into the parent document. This CAN and DOES result in a loss of work if your team does not recognize this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to create guidelines for when people need to work in one document at the same time. I would recommend test-running this procedure to see when and how the changes are saved and if they populate where you expect them to. This is especially important for when using the WorkDocs Drive application.

Amazon WorkDocs allows our business to work remotely on several different projects. We needed a work platform that would allow us to work offline using products, such as statistical software, that we already have.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amazon WorkDocs
Amazon WorkDocs review by Gloria I. F.
Gloria I. F.

"Amazon workdocs is an excellent service to create, exchange and store files."

What do you like best?

It is an incredible service that allows users to share their files, make comments and have access to them from any device. All files are stored in the cloud securely. What I like the most is that it allows collaboration between users, it allows you to access from any place or device and its cost is very accessible. Is incredible.

What do you dislike?

My experience with this software has been good, I like almost all its features. The only thing that I did not like is that it has many tools and functionalities and it is difficult to understand its use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing amazon workdocs I recommend having a basic knowledge about its functionalities in order to make the most of them.

Amazon workdocs is a really useful tool for my team, we use it frequently to create, share and store important information safely. It is very easy to use and its benefits are incredible!

What Document Databases solution do you use?

Amazon WorkDocs review by Antonino C.
Antonino C.

"Amazon WorkDocs, excellent service for storage"

What do you like best?

I like several things about this software, for example that it is reliable and it is feasible to upload the files to the cloud and it is very easy to share with people, there is a way to publish with the people you want and also provide editing permissions , I also like that it is a platform that accepts diversity of formats, in general it is a very good platform, to my liking and highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

Within what I do not like, which is a complicated problem, it is not so simple for all people and that something can be done for people

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the enterprise level, which is quite useful, the function of uploading files to the cloud is excellent, besides being able to share files

It's a great way for people within an organization to have access to many important files from anywhere, without the need for a pendrive or downloaded files and it has indeed brought many benefits

Amazon WorkDocs review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Friendly User Usability "

What do you like best?

A really nice feature of the web application is the user’s ability to request feedback on files they have shared allowing contributors to highlight an area of the file and leave detailed feedback on what needs to be changed. This is excellent!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, like Dropbox and Box you can’t make the changes through the web application. It would be very useful if the user had the ability to make the changes within the application of the webpage, most especially for remote employees.

The business problems that we have used Amazon WorkDocs for is that; users also have the option to set specific deadlines for feedback on a particular file, and it allows you to track files that are out for review and allows you to make necessary changes. A benefit is streamlining our processes which makes efficiency so much easier for our teams.

Amazon WorkDocs review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"I really enjoy working with Amazon WorkDocs, easy to learn!"

What do you like best?

This product is very easy to understand, the tutorial walks through the basics. I only really use the basic amenities however it gets in detail for anyone seeking more for their company.

What do you dislike?

It is hard when most other companies and friends use other programs such as google docs so it isn't applicable with all my friends. I would like it more if was commonly shared or used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend I love!

It's solving the issues of share their files with other members of your organization for collaboration or review. The Amazon WorkDocs client applications can be used to view many different types of files, depending on the Internet media type of the file

Amazon WorkDocs review by Maggie S.
Maggie S.

"Amazon for the win"

What do you like best?

If your looking for an easy and non complicated way to store documents this is the way to go! Its easy it makes my filing and finding my documents easier than any other site I have used! Love it better even google docs

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I truly cant think of you thing I do not like or can say I dislike about amazon workdocs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this to anyone with a smaller company that needs a fast and efficeint way to store and save files.

It makes it a lot easier for me to save and file different documents for different departments in my company.

Amazon WorkDocs review by Kelli F.
Kelli F.

"Amazon Work Docs"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. Not much training goes into Amazon Work Docs so our office doesnt have to take much time to train new employees. I love how you can share files so easily.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt anything that I dont dislike about Amazon Work Docs. It is so easy to use, easy to train with, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot go wrong with this program! The ease of it makes for a more efficient day!

We are able to share files easier through Amazon Work Docs.

Amazon WorkDocs review by Tom R.
Tom R.

"Amazon WorkDocs Review"

What do you like best?

That you are able to pay for the cost per user. I also like that you can access this whether you are online or you are offline

What do you dislike?

That you have to pay for the product as there are many products similar to this that don't require a cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this as there is a lot of growth available

We are solving the problem of securing our files in a safe place so that no one can access them

"AWS - sub par system"

What do you like best?

It's convenient and mainstream to get into the system. There are a lot of different features.

What do you dislike?

It's overpriced, and not very user friendly. There are other platforms that work better for both smaller and larger scale business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It needs to be more simple and before using, make sure every individual is set up with their own Amazon account.

It's easy to share between users that have their own Amazon accounts. It's cool to see the analyses

Amazon WorkDocs review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"The best pay-as-you-go cloud storage service "

What do you like best?

It provides administrative controls to restrict access to files.

helps keep costs down for you and your team.

Can Access data from anywhere and on demand and no need to store file locally.

What do you dislike?

cannot make the changes through the web application.

Its not free, just the trial version is available for 30days.

web application doesn’t allow you to upload a folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though there are similar app like dropbox, google drive, etc. WorkDocs simplifying some document lifecycle challenges with support of amazon services and infrastructure.

For maintaining file revisions and history instead of having multiple/duplicate files.

Integrated with my Active Directory for maintaining version control on my files.

Amazon WorkDocs review by User

"Amazon WorkDocs makes it easy"

What do you like best?

Amazon workDocs makes it so easy to stay connected no matter if you're on a laptop, phone, tablet. You can share with your coworkers in just a few clicks. The better dropbox, google drive!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it glitches up, but I never know it that's the internet connection. It really is easy to use, very simple where all coworkers could learn how to use it in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It's well worth it and super easy.

Staying connected! And also you save money on printing because you can share access to different documents so easily.

Amazon WorkDocs review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Mosaic Power Amazon WorkDocs"

What do you like best?

I like that that everyone in our company can access files in one central location. It is accessible via the web which is helpful as several of us work remotely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the invoices can take a long time to upload. Also, it is not very clear how to share documents with other people. Do I do it via email or via the website?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out the foldering system beforehand.

Again, many of us work remotely, and we're able to access the files that we need from home.

Amazon WorkDocs review by User

"GAMECHANGER. The next evolution of Google Docs!! (sorry, Google)"

What do you like best?

SECURE COLLABORATION!! Our entire business is really built on this concept so being able to drink our own Kool Aid is pretty major.

What do you dislike?

Not something against the tool, but more around lack of awareness that the product exists and that there aren't more people using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT. People will want to use it.

Our team is all over the world, literally!! We use WorkDocs to ensure that client deadlines are met, collaboration happens between countries and in multiple languages to ensure our business keeps running smoothly.

Amazon WorkDocs review by Charmainne V.
Charmainne V.

"Great storage and sending of files"

What do you like best?

Sending and sharing of files are very easy and accessible to everyone. The best feature of it is you can also share docs from mobile to desktop.

What do you dislike?

So far downloading speed is a bit slow but I think our internet connection was also one factor.

Collaboration with your team made easy.

Amazon WorkDocs review by Ria G.
Ria G.

"seamless experience that is versatilewas "

What do you like best?

Amazon works with so many different platforms and allows for easy organization of documents. You can access it anytime.

What do you dislike?

it is expensive. It also takes a lot of time to sync documents.

File collaboration, content creation, enterprise storing and sharing. It provides safe offsite storage for important files.

Amazon WorkDocs review by User

"Great service for storing files"

What do you like best?

Very reliable and easy to upload the files to the cloud share with people. This helps us save time and money and is fantastic for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

It's a little expensive compared to other tools that offer very similar features and capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you do your research on pricing and features to see if this is the right tool for your organization.

Collaboration, storage of files, editing. We have a very remote team so this is a great tool to keep everyone on track.

Amazon WorkDocs review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Doc sharing "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and intuitive use for others

What do you dislike?

Not looking exactly like word. Getting used to the look and feel.

Collaborative idea sharing. Reducing face to face and reducing time between drafts

Amazon WorkDocs review by Shay M.
Shay M.

"A great help to my day"

What do you like best?

That it’s easy to use and fast so I can get task handle quickly.

What do you dislike?

That it sometimes has some Loading issues.

A faster platform and design to help it run smoothly

"Amazon WorkDocs!!"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s a secure workplace where I can control who see’s what, whether that be personal or with only a few coworkers. It’s easy to use!

What do you dislike?

There’s really not much that I dislike about Amazon WorkDocs. It’s easy to use and convenient for our workplace.

We are able to share files with each other, the entire company or just keep them to myself!

Amazon WorkDocs review by Administrator

"Secure way to work with the team"

What do you like best?

collaborate and access everywhere. The support forum has a lot helper when we get questions. Best application to solve business problem.

What do you dislike?

First time use is complicated. Also the feedback system is not that in place. Need to save couple times and sometimes fail.

Build content and compatible with Amazon market place

Amazon WorkDocs review by User

"Great way to collaborate with your team"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use - great interface and you can get started easily and in under 10 minutes

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. It really is great to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the info on the site before signing up - it's well written and informative

Sharing documents and collaborating with team members

Amazon WorkDocs review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Amadocs "

What do you like best?

Easy acess, pay as you go pricing, storage space.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes file conversion is a challenge for someone on ms office suite

Recommendations to others considering the product

small and/or privately owned companies would benefit.

Control of access to certain documents, even externally doesn’t require ftp site or share point type site.

"Disappointing"

What do you like best?

Allows us to share files from mobile to other users on desktop

What do you dislike?

It's slow in a lot of places. Half of our office has had trouble downloading onto desktop

Sending files between mobile and desktop

Amazon WorkDocs review by Administrator

"Good collaborative storage option"

What do you like best?

Administrative options for disabling public access and auditing activity

What do you dislike?

Windows and Mac support is good, but the product would be better with Linux support

Enabling secure ad-hoc document collaboration

Amazon WorkDocs review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Workdocs"

What do you like best?

The primary feature that we like is the ability to share docs

What do you dislike?

There are no features that we don't like

Document sharing. Allows everyone to share docs

"It's alright"

What do you like best?

AWS product suite can be used with little work

What do you dislike?

Pricing could be a little better for small companies

Whatever you do with One Drive or Google drive

Amazon WorkDocs review by User in Information Technology and Services

"File Sharing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, multi platform accessability

What do you dislike?

there isn't anything specific that I dislike about it

Secure file sharing with external clients and stakeholders. Sharing documents across

Amazon WorkDocs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very easy to use! "

What do you like best?

We love the file sharing capabilities, along with the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! We have not run into any issues.

Secure file sharing.

"Document Management !!"

What do you like best?

Impressive management skills of the documents

What do you dislike?

More features need to be included for this service.

Managing all Documents and Contents

Learning about Amazon WorkDocs?

* We monitor all Amazon WorkDocs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.