Amazon WorkSpaces

Amazon WorkSpaces is a secure desktop computing service that runs on the AWS cloud it allows provision cloud-based virtual desktops and provide users access to the documents, applications, and resources needd from any supported device, including Windows and Mac computers, Chromebooks, iPads, Fire tablets, and Android tablets.

Work for Amazon WorkSpaces?

Learning about Amazon WorkSpaces?

Amazon WorkSpaces Reviews

Showing 18 Amazon WorkSpaces reviews
Amazon WorkSpaces review by <span>Luis Filipe O.</span>
Luis Filipe O.

"Great workspace to access anywhere"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to work anywhere is fantastic and the possibility to work in various systems. You can have the application in Mac and windows.

What do you dislike?

The application is simple and works great, but we can't transfer files easily to the workspace.

A functionality that can transfer files from our machine to the workspace via the application will make this fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is simple to install, very easy to use and is fast.

I use it to work remotely. Since I use a Mac, and the software is only available in windows this is the solution we have. But the best part is that we can continue working from every computer with internet.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amazon WorkSpaces
Amazon WorkSpaces review by <span>Ejaz M.</span>
Ejaz M.

"Recommended for All Who Travel Frequently "

What do you like best?

In my opinion, WorkSpaces is a quite impressive and unique take of Amazon on cloud computing. Amazon has attempted to give users with true personal cloud experience. It is beyond simple cloud storage. I have prepared a Windows 7 PC with freedom of whatever kind of hardware I required. The best is it as true desktop experience and is just like using physical laptop or PCs I use. I have connected remotely from different ISP networks and it worked most of the times. I am thinking of leaving my personal laptop at home and use any low spec windows tab for accessing my WorkSpace.

What do you dislike?

Amazon can totally count me in on WorkSpaces if they can address the lag / latency issues which start randomly during sessions. Second thing to be addressed is the time Amazon App takes to connect to my WorkSpace. I understand that technically it can relate to my own ISP connection but I have faced the same issue of multiple networks since I travel a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every IT professional show give WorkSpaces at least one shot. Its truly worth the time you will spent.

As tech professional heading networks & software development teams in our Company which has more than 150 employees across the globe, I see a very plausible implementation of WorkSpaces, where I will create an active directory based LAN network and they can login to their workstations regardless of their locations and type of hardware they might have. This will help me in data protection, governance, maintenance of our custom software, plus ease of access for employees.

What Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution do you use?

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Internet

"I use email only"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows you to have desktop notifications.

What do you dislike?

There is no friendly way to check the email over an app on my phone. I have to log in on browser and is annoying. Also, is not mobile friendly. I haven't tried but it looks like there are no integrations to send mass email (like YAMM for gmail). It will not automatically forward emails to my zendesk either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not mobile friendly, you can potentially have work-life balance this way.

Communications. We have it integrated with zendesk too but is not very user friendly and we cannot forward emails automatically like in google. Because we have teams in China we use this server.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by <span>James F.</span>
James F.

"Amazon review"

What do you like best?

The application is very easy to navigate. I store all my data files on s3.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how undeleting files in s3 requires undeleting files one at a time. Multi-undelete functionality would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS products are used by our Analytics teams and Engineering teams, making it easy for transitions of projects from team to team.

We're using AWS to train models, build features, store data. s3 is the underlying storage system for all data that our team uses and generates.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by <span>Jamie O.</span>
Jamie O.

"Great Idea"

What do you like best?

I like how this is a great solution to access apps and docs form my desktop in the cloud from other devices. Brilliant!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure as of yet. I assume security is solid but it's new and I'm not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a demo

Accessing business cases in meetings with customers when I don't have my laptop with me from my phone.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by <span>Marleigh G.</span>
Marleigh G.

"It Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

It is relatively easy to use. Once logged in, all of my information is accessible and the addition of a private data file is great.

What do you dislike?

It can crash or give me issues while logging on. You should have strong internet service if you plan to use it.

It helps keep me organized and ensures there are backups to all important documents.

Learning about Amazon WorkSpaces?

* We monitor all Amazon WorkSpaces reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.