Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(84 reviews)

Amplitude is an analytics solution built for modern product teams.

Work for Amplitude Analytics?

Learning about Amplitude?

Amplitude Analytics Reviews

Ask Amplitude a Question
Showing 85 Amplitude reviews
Amplitude review by Amber A.
Amber A.

"Amplitude makes data analytics simple to pull for non-technical people"

What do you like best?

I love that the software feels approachable for people who don't have previous experience doing data analytics. As a product manager, using data to make decisions is increasingly important and often times, learning this new skill can be intimidating. I appreciate that Amplitude feels like a tool that non-analysts can understand.

What do you dislike?

While the pre-built reports are super useful in helping teams produce the industry-standard types of reports on engagements and funnel analysis, the process of customizing a view feels rather confusing. I appreciate the help text in the info bubbles and the pages with definitions but I wish there were training videos I could access online to help with customization.

We are solving the problem of understanding what our customers want to use our app for and how we can drive more meaningful engagement.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amplitude Analytics
Amplitude review by Markus W.
Markus W.

"Amplitude for Mobile Games Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily compare multiple different data sets and use formulas to express ratios and the like. I also like that the interface makes it a breeze to add WHERE and GROUP BY clauses, and really adds in the speed of chart creation and gaining quick visual insights.

What do you dislike?

I don't seem to be able to create charts that combine data of an app across multiple platforms, so for instance I can't use Amplitude to create overview dashboards related to how an app does on iOS, Google Play and Amazon combined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like to make a lot of custom dashboards, Amplitude makes it a quick and effective process.

The speed to meaningful visualization without requiring backend engineers running complicated queries has been our biggest benefit from using Amplitude. Via custom events we can analyze how users interact with certain features, react to newly introduced features, and we're able to correlate that with install sources thanks to the integration of Amplitude and our attribution partner.

What Product Analytics solution do you use?

Amplitude review by Mathieu D.
Mathieu D.

"Amplitude"

What do you like best?

Amplitude est un outil relativement simple à implémenter et très facile à prendre en mains.

L'interface graphique très bien faite et la gestion très intuitive des cohortes permettent de mettre en place très rapidement des dashboards pour suivre les KPI comportementaux et de les rendre accessibles aux collaborateurs et au top management.

La possibilité d'accéder à la base de données d'évènements (sous Snowflake) et d'utiliser les APIs est un plus afin de réaliser des analyses plus poussées et/ou d'importer les résultats d'Amplitude dans d'autres dashboards.

Le support est très réactif, notre CSM (Tina) très à l'écoute et compétente et la roadmap d'Amplitude avance vite et dans le bon sens.

What do you dislike?

De par notre usage très intensif d'Amplitude, nous en avons quelques fois atteint les limites. Mais au fur et à mesure de l'avancée de leur roadmap, nous finissons par obtenir les features plus avancées dont nous avons besoin !

Nous utilisons Amplitude afin d'optimiser les parcours de nos utilisateurs dans nos applications, de l'acquisition à la conversion en passant évidemment par l'optimisation des métriques de rétention et le suivi des A/B tests.

Amplitude nous a permis de rendre accessibles au plus grand nombre ces analyses et aux différentes équipes de pouvoir obtenir rapidement des réponses aux questions les plus fréquentes et simples sans forcément avoir besoin de passer par nos data analysts.

Amplitude review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Great for communicating analytics "

What do you like best?

It's easy to customize the visualizations to show the specific piece of information that you are looking for, which makes it easy to communicate with lots of different teams. Engineering wondering about the adoption of a new version? Product wondering if membership numbers are rising? Marketing wondering the effect of their latest campaign? Easy to share and easy to understand.

It is also the one place all of our platform data can be joined up. No more digging between Apple and Play Store and GA reports and attempting to join that data in a spreadsheet.

The product is also really dynamic in its ability to create Cohorts of users based on their specific actions and properties.

What do you dislike?

When you are using this to aggregate data from several different sources or platforms, it can be difficult to ensure that all of those platforms are aligned and joined as expected in Amplitude. It seems as though their product team is working to find better ways to handle this outside of your own engineering teams efforts, but there always appear to be small errors in our data that go undetected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that your CSM really helps you understand the details of implementation and ensures that you have a solid plan moving in. Errors during this stage can prolong the process of getting valuable data for some time.

We are unifying our data in Amplitude, even using it to pull in info from other third parties that provide us with valuable attribution and messaging details for our customers. It is the one source of truth that our company has. This is a huge benefit when the team has a single place to look when we answer our business questions.

Amplitude review by Amélie B.
Amélie B.

"Perfekte Analysesoftware"

What do you like best?

Diese Software enthält wunderschöne Diagramme, die alle nützlichen Informationen enthalten, die Sie für Ihre Projekte benötigen. Mir gefällt, dass wir alles mit dieser Software analysieren können und dann genau wissen, was wir als nächstes in unserem Projekt tun werden. Die Echtzeit-Berichterstattung ist sehr hilfreich und hilft uns, das Feedback zu erhalten, das wir brauchen.

Dieses Programm hat viele Funktionen, die Ihnen erlauben, alles zu verstehen, was Sie tun müssen, und das Programm selbst ist benutzerfreundlich und kommt mit Anleitungen, wenn Sie nichts verstehen. Außerdem bietet der Kundensupport echte Hilfe und schnelle Antworten.

What do you dislike?

Die Preisoptionen sind nicht attraktiv und bieten keine Funktionen, die den Preis wert wären.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schöne Diagramme ... es wird dir helfen, das richtige Feedback und die richtigen Optionen zu bekommen.

Wir verwenden diese Software in unserem Unternehmen, um alles zu analysieren und alles zu planen. Es ist erstaunlich, dass wir diese Software entdeckt haben, weil unser Unternehmen jetzt auf dem richtigen Weg ist.

Amplitude review by David B.
David B.

"Hands down the best analytics platform on the market"

What do you like best?

Their product is incredibly fast and intuitive to use. I can easily create and analyze complex user cohorts in a myriad of different ways which, as a PM, is absolutely crucial. Second, their success managers know the product inside out, promptly respond to feedback & emails, and are all around nice people. Third, I've had the pleasure of talking with members of Amplitude's product & engineering tea, and not only are they highly intelligent, but they're also genuinely passionate about what their building.

What do you dislike?

Session analysis is weak. I can't, for example, create a cohort of users who had only 1 session or >=100 sessions. You also need to hack the integration in order to measure time on page. Finally, it's impossible to remove the most current data point on a chart which is always off because it's in the process of being calculated. I also think the product team ought to make it easier for an admin to easily pin dashboards on behalf of other members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's absolutely worth it.

Better understand which features are most closely correlated with increasing our retention. Case and point: We noticed that users who activated their accounts during the sign up flow retained far better than users who were forced to do so in order to post a blog. We revamped our sign up flow to require activation up front and saw a substantial increase in D1 retention.

Amplitude review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Amplitude!"

What do you like best?

I consider that this is a software that all the companies needs to work with, is such an amazing tool, and it really help me to do better my work. There are so many things that I like about Amplitude, that I'm going to name some, firts the design of amplitude is flawless, I absolutely love it. Second is that the interface is very fast, and the constantly updates makes the experience even better. Third, I can organise, customize and manage my own projects and events, something that other softwares doesn't have, wich makes Amplitude more unique.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issue with the software, but I agree that Amplitude should simplifies the software, to make it look less complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I truly recommend it, is an important software to work with, and simplifies your work making it more easy and fun to do. Give it a try, it really worth it.

Now we are more aware of the behaviour of our customers, to a product that we have or what they want. Now we have a better way to see what they want, and fix any mistake that we made. Planning an event or a project with this software is a piece of cake, now our job is more efficient, thanks to this software.

Amplitude review by Lilian A.
Lilian A.

"Eye-cathing."

What do you like best?

To me, Amplitude Analytics is the best program to build a project out there. The professional design is attracting, the charts are completely real and eye-catching. This program has nothing to envy to other programs of the same type, the real data it provides help you choose and customize events.

The program is really cheap so we don't have to worry about the money wasted.

What do you dislike?

This program can get a little confusing. It is normal for new users not to understand it at first, but after a couple times of use, it gets very easy and you get used to it. I wish there were more guides to use this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be quite difficult to use at first, but after trying this software out, it gets easier. Also, it's cheap!

Customizing events is easier now that we use Amplitude Analytics, it is one of the best programs we've used. We can plan events and organize everything we want.

Amplitude review by Ann H.
Ann H.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I can't say that this is a easy software, in fact is all the oppose. But, I could say that Amplitude is such an amazing and useful tool, helps you a lot to make basic analises, and prepare the events of your company. Those are task that significate something very difficult for me to do, but since I discover amplitude has become in something very easy and practical to do.

What do you dislike?

How I mentioned before, is not an easy software, when I entered for the firts time I felt pretty lost and confused. I think that the problem is that at the firts try shows you a lot of information. Like, a lot. So, that can be an actual problem, distances potencial users. Removes some items and terms, is a helpful idea, what make it look less complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if it looks complicated, once you learn how to use it, you will receive one of the best services. You're going to love using this program, trust me.

I use it a lot to realize my basic analytics as for my company. And now is easy for me to see the behaviour of my customers, and know what engage them the most, about what we as a company offers to them.

Amplitude review by Dorian Patricia T.
Dorian Patricia T.

"It is a useful and detailed tool"

What do you like best?

Particularly in what concerns me at the work level is very useful because it has the necessary details to perform a real search, it is interesting data that works above all latitude and Altitude. All information provided is used to the fullest.

What do you dislike?

It is certainly a very complete application however for the end user it is always more comfortable if that information is shown in a more graphic way. If you apply more graphics would be a bit more friendly to the naked eye.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great to be complemented with more graphics, something that contributes to the visual part and remove a little what is not in the way that the information shows.

The most important is to facilitate the location of the client this prevents authentic frauds for our system.

Amplitude review by Thania C.
Thania C.

"An imminent help in my work"

What do you like best?

What I like about the software is:

1.- It is a very striking software, very professional and with an incredible design.

2.- Has a multiplatform tracking system

3.- Help to organize and manage events, projects and calculate the behavior of other users.

4.- Personalization to the needs of my work.

5.- Thanks to the updates and new data makes an incredible experience.

What do you dislike?

I think that the software you first saw is complicated to use. Even if it is not, it is a bit confusing at first. I think you can get a solution for all users, do not feel so confused when using the first one and they can use it better. It would be better if unnecessary things were omitted or organized a bit better to understand it more clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, try to use it, see that it really is too useful, more than you can think, it helps make your job much easier, your life more organized and in all professional aspects your company will have a better performance. With Amplitude Analytics you will now have all your business with the best planning and will be updated to all the businesses of your company.

Thanks to Amplitude Analytics has benefited in the organization, communication and administration of events and business projects. Planning now is much easier. In fact, now that my commercial work in the company is much more organized, my work has been much easier and more comfortable.

Amplitude review by Lily J.
Lily J.

"Pretty awesome. "

What do you like best?

-It's well designed. The software is very eye-catching.

-Helps you to calculate the behavior of users.

-The way that you can customize your own events in a very easy and organized way is just amazing.

What do you dislike?

Is a software that it's very complicated, I think that they should simplify more the software, make it look more easy at the first sight. That would help a lot, so the new user won't be overwhelming by all the things that show you when you first entering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not get carried away by what you seem to have at the beginning, it is really a software that helps you a lot to do your job. Just take your time to get to know it, it's worth it.

I use amplitude to basically know the user behavior of the company, helps me to know how is that working. In my work it is necessary to analyze how is that going, and this softwares definitely makes that job very well, it's been of great help for the company.

I use it a lot to plan events, very often. Is very organized, and clever.

Amplitude review by Natalie C.
Natalie C.

"makes my work more easier. "

What do you like best?

1-the design: I found the software really really pleasing to the view. Is very well designed and looks very professional.

2-The easy with which I can customize my own events.

3-Offers innovation and new data views, which makes the experience more unique and cool.

What do you dislike?

Amplitude Analytics is not easy to use, is a software that at first sight looks confusing, and really hard to use. The flaw of this software is basically that offers to many information when you enter for the first time. I think that the may remote some items, so the software would look more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it really worth your time to explore and know how to use it. Is a very useful tool, and helps you to improve professionally.

Now for me to organize and planning events, is a very easy task. Really helps you to improve your work and make it more easy.

Amplitude review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Amplitude Analytics rocks!"

What do you like best?

I consider Amplitude as a software that once you learn to use it is a great help. It has a quite sophisticated design. I use it a lot because planning my projects with this software is the best. I must also highlight one of the aspects that I liked a lot of Amplitude is the way in which I can customize my events very easily and orderly.

What do you dislike?

When entering the Amplitude for the first time, the amount of information you receive due to how loaded the software can be a bit overwhelming for the user. In particular, it cost me a lot to learn how to use it and explore all it's tools and understand how everything should be used. I think that Amplitude should simplify it's design a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amplitude looks very hard at first but trust me is one of the best software that I tried ever!

I use Amplitude to plan my projects and events in an orderly and professional way.

Amplitude review by Susanna W.
Susanna W.

"Amplitude Analytics a great help in project planning."

What do you like best?

Amplitude Analytics has an innovative and modern design, which allows its use more pleasantly, in addition to providing complementary and quite diverse tools. I think it has been a fundamental basis for us as a company and it has helped us a lot. On the other hand, I must add that I like the proportions and the ease of customizing events and create several projects without any obstacle. It is quite useful.

What do you dislike?

Despite having incredible features, it presents some small difficulties, I do not like that its use is a bit complicated, it does not present the necessary instructions to start using it, even several colleagues at work cost them a lot to start updating their data on the business projects and events; due to the same inconveniences. The software is very complete but if that error were improved, it would all be much easier and faster to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an incredible software, its use provides an incredible utility to your company, it will help in many aspects, I recommend it so that you feel more confident in your work with respect to planning. Although at the beginning it can be a bit complicated to use, I recommend not letting that overcome the desire to progress, improve and keep growing with your company.

It has given me great benefits in my marketing work in my company, it has been quite useful. It has facilitated the organization and planning of important business events and projects for business relationships. It has made our work much easier and lighter.

Amplitude review by Naomi M.
Naomi M.

"An excellent tool. "

What do you like best?

Amplitude is a quite complete and very diverse software. I consider it a tool that has helped me a lot. In particular, the ability to customize events and segment channels.

Besides that the design of the software is quite unique.

What do you dislike?

Although it is an application that is very helpful and very complete, it's biggest flaw is how complicated it is to learn to use it, which is a factor that plays against because the user loses interest due to how complicated it is. There are many elements that appear at the beginning of the session and it looks really complicated, it cost me a lot to learn how to use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you learn to use it, it will be a great help tool, it helps a lot to grow professionally due to the professionalism of the software.

It's worth knowing the software do not get carried away by how complicated it may look at first.

Performing basic analysis with Amplitude became a very easy task. As well as it allows us to easily track any event.

Amplitude review by Melanie T.
Melanie T.

"Work tool that keeps me updated"

What do you like best?

It has a very easy to understand environment, it is simple and all its data is updated instantaneously, thus being able to keep track of the actions that are carried out, whether a product is being sold or how much is purchased in one place or other. The contribution of the employees in the tool is easy

What do you dislike?

I do not think I find something that I do not like in particular, I only see that the website is a bit heavy / slow but that does not stop the great use that this tool has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to be broad and easy to organize the company or any project that needs to be executed clearly

Better control with regard to what is handled in the company, see its growth, see where the advantages and disadvantages to be able to take samples in which to improve and grow better.

Amplitude review by Helmi R.
Helmi R.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Really helpful, simple and intuitive. Most of all FAST. It lets us get to the insights we need to build a better product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the effect of user properties are weird causing extra overhead for analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's a really great asset in your toolbox. If you set up well and invest in maintaining events & properties it will go a long way in getting real insights to build a better product.

Amplitude allows us to get to actionable insights in record time. Given we've invested a lot in instrumentation and reporting to Amplitude that allows for speedy analyses. We've been to drive changes to product inspired by analysis from Amplitude, and then analyze the effects of changes on different segments through A/B testing and build a better product overall.

Amplitude review by William B.
William B.

"Has really good features"

What do you like best?

I like that this software offers a good and creative design that makes me concentrate on work, the dashboards are amazing and customizable. It has beautiful charts and it's not hard to use.

What do you dislike?

This program is pricey, I use the free version because it offers the enough features we need but we wouldn't use the paid version because is really pricey compared to other softwares I have tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, really recommend it to every company!

Amplitude Analytics offers so much features that it's so easy for us to know how our projects are doing, this software is so helpful for our company since it gives us the information we need to improve our projects.

Amplitude review by Amey S.
Amey S.

"Amplitude- Complete guide for Analytics & er leInsights"

What do you like best?

The user level insights and convenience of using the brilliantly developed API tool.

Very simple to operate, understand and also let's the user to explore more.

Provides a clear picture of how campaign / content is performing with comprehensive analysis.

What do you dislike?

Process of understanding user journey. It's not very helpful.

Timings of the tutorial. Weekends would be great.

There's nothing very particular that I don't like about Amplitude Analytics.😃

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it without any hesitation. Do the integration properly.

We are OTT platform who look after acquiring & retaining customers and focus on increasing our content consumption.

Amplitude Analytics helps us with deep insightful analysis of user & consumption.

Amplitude events and data plays a very significant role in influencing our marketing campaigns and user engagement activities.

Amplitude review by Rajat K.
Rajat K.

"Excellent Product to Understand the User Journey"

What do you like best?

2 things that differentiate Amplitude from many other products

- Trends of the Funnels - that also split by Device, channel, Page type etc which shows where the trends are changing

- Typical User journey of any given case to understand what users clicked

What do you dislike?

Timeline comparison isn't available on Amplitude to see the changes in trends over 2 or more time frames

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very User friendly product, easy to set up and see reports/ dashboards.

- The trend of Funnels helped us check if things went wrong on some page/ channel or device and corrective measures were taken impromptu

- The User journey helped us to figure out what deviates the User from achieving the desire Goals. This helped us improve conversion significantly.

Amplitude review by Bryan James C.
Bryan James C.

"One of the Best Solutions for E-Comm - Best in class Product Analytics"

What do you like best?

ROI accomplishments would not have been achieved as quickly (or at all) without this product. It allows me to drill down to a product ROI and ad cost for programs across more granularly-focussed marketing channels across web and mobile! So instead of looking at ROI for search, I can more easily drill down to ad cost for target markets and optimize product offerings, marketing, messaging, etc. to continue to make significant efficiency improvements. Before, I would use my own methodologies and Excel spreadsheets which I still refer to, but this platform has given me new ideas in an easy to use interface with the benefit of speed and efficiency gains by taking out my personal admin/setup activities for running my own basic spreadsheet analytics.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had this product 5 years ago. Standard analytics is great and I prefer to have multiple platforms to compare analytics methodology for standard metrics since variations sometimes help us to gain insight into our own KPIs and it's always good to be able to speak to the differences between more niche analytics platforms like Amplitude vs. let's say GA, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform for those interested in a tool that integrates mobile analytics and dives into measuring things that are product analytics specific to remain competitive.

Currently looking at how to make mobile e-commerce more efficient and targeted to boost ROI there. So far the focus has been on online and the basics, but mobile and tablet are a big push for clients as well as my small business and there are a lot of areas for creating niche markets using a combination of mobile analytics and customer analysis and it's exciting to find these untapped opportunities to incrementally improve ROI.

Amplitude review by Casey R.
Casey R.

"Amplitude - best in class user centric analytics"

What do you like best?

Where do I start? I've been through KISSmetrics and Mixpanel in the last 5 years, and Amplitude is hands down the leader in the space. The base UI for modeling and displaying data is great, you can pull people from throughout the organization into Amplitude and it will not be confusing for them. Best in class retention metrics too, tell Amplitude what 'winning' looks like, and it will tell you what types of customers fit that model.

They have a very generous free product, give it a try. If you are starting out, I would recommend integrating Amplitude through Segment.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find a dislike here. It's possible to get lost in some of the deeper functionality. But overall, it's great.

Wanted one central, events based analytical tool that can measure our customer journey from end to end.

Amplitude review by David R.
David R.

"Cutting Edge of Product Analytics"

What do you like best?

I love how Amplitude has taken product analytics a step further than any other tool in the space. They are actively looking for ways to make finding insights less of a chore. Amplitude does a superb job of surfacing hypothesis and giving you a diving board for action that ultimately impacts your KPIs.

What do you dislike?

I have very little to dislike about Amplitude. I think some products might have focused more on regular reporting than Amplitude, and thus their recurring reports and distribution of reports is a bit more mature. That isn't to say Amplitude has done a fine job of catching up in that aspect as of late, but definitely less of a focus compared to some of the deeper behavioral analysis that we've come to value in Amplitude.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is truly the leader in the space.

Amplitude does a great job of helping us monitor our KPIs as we introduce new experiments and ideas. There's nothing better for keeping a baseline and seeing the impact over time. Also, it helps us prioritize our efforts when it comes to development, as it offers hypothesis for us to dig deeper into.

Amplitude review by Administrator

"Best Product Analytics Stack I've used "

What do you like best?

Amplitude has gotten to the stage of being able to anticipate the needs of our organization. While they may not have everything it feels as though the system was built by people that perform this work themselves on a day to day basis.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to join my analytics against a known set of entities. I would want to understand some deeper level of information that is currently only available through offline analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have a good understanding of your data sets, make sure that there are individuals in the organization that have a good understanding of data. Assign owners that will ensure the system is up to date and that your users are getting the support they need.

Visibility into our product offerings and how they are being perceived by our users. The ease of use of the system has made democratization of data across the organization a goal that is actually in sight.

"Easy UI but Robust"

What do you like best?

Love the interface, easy to understand like a sentence. Very robust in terms of querying the data but not so complicated that it's a deterrent. Account Management is AWESOME. always available for help and knowledgeable. Retention charts make retention analysis simple. Insights, Conversion & Funnel charts make analysis so much easier. Taxonomy is THE BEST for documentation. Makes everything easier!!

What do you dislike?

Doesn't do time in app/session length well. They offer session length but not really able to slice and dice the way we prefer and were used to in GA. Also the Pathfinder could use some improvements for digging into event properties, being able to define specific paths and *then* see where users go, etc. It's a good surface tool but not as great as other charts for digging deeper. Limitations around arrays/multiple values for a single field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Taxonomy!

Gaining more insights with the same data we were aggregating using other analytics tools. Additional tool in debugging issues - both analytics and otherwise

Amplitude review by Marcin B.
Marcin B.

"An insightful system that helps organise and work on huge loads of data."

What do you like best?

The UI - once you get used to it, it's really easy to navigate around, though beginnings are a little bit rough. When you know your data, possibilites unfold.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you hit a border-case where you cannot group in specific usecase you are looking for - but the team grabs feedback and is really responsive, so I am hoping this will only get better :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do give it a try. Once you get the data, it pays off.

We're working to see how our Customer Success Team actions affect our customers. Thanks to that we are able to improve and pivot if some campaigns do not bring results.

Amplitude review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Analytics Architect"

What do you like best?

Amplitude allows us to build a culture of data democracy without hiring a massive data staff or expecting all business employees to become data scientists. It has a stripped down and consistent interface which allow users to onboard and scale their skills very easily. Users can start slicing and dicing their data in an intuitive fashion. Walking the line between a full feature set and ease of use is incredibly difficult, but Amplitude makes it look easy.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if Amplitude handled relative time frames better. For example, it can very easily calculate values by calendar time frames. But it can't show a trend of events occurring, for example, one month since a different event.

We have solved many business problems using Amplitude. We have had an impact on revenue, reduced churn, increased conversion, understood user journey, understood feature success and more.

Amplitude review by Beth O.
Beth O.

"Pretty cool!"

What do you like best?

I think Amplitude Analytics is a very original and eye-catching software. It's a great way to organize projects and make it very easy. I really love your design and the way you use it.

What do you dislike?

The first few times you use the software it gets a little complicated to use, but then you learn very quickly. So far there's nothing that makes me feel angry with it other than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it has helped us organize ourselves a lot. It is the best way to organize projects and events.

Se nos hace mas fácil organizar nuestros eventos y proyectos. Realmente está ayudando a crecer a la compañia!

Amplitude review by Will M.
Will M.

"Amplitude is an absolutely critical piece of the modern product stack "

What do you like best?

The product allows for cross-functional teams to get a clear view of customer behavior, unlike anything that we've ever used before. What's truly most impressive is the speed at which the company has continued to roll out high-quality features and integrations with the other tools our company relies on. The support and customer success teams are also phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

Amplitude can sometimes be perceived by our clients as having a high price point for full features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take into consideration that it will not only improve your team's product insights but your entire organizations.

There are multiple but a critical one is designing/building/engaging with different user personas and driving them to success. The benefit has been the ability to identify some of these unique user segments and their behaviors for the first time and map out what leads them to convert.

Amplitude review by Rodrigo S.
Rodrigo S.

"Great tool that enables everyone to get involved with metrics."

What do you like best?

1) The tool is super user friendly enabling everyone in our company to get involved with metrics

2) It's fast, making this great to answer business questions in a couple of minutes

3) We get new features regularly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we need to do analysis with custom sql queries.

- example: statistical analysis of certain event (std, min, max)

- when want to use a different x-axis than time (example: user days since install)

- Monitoring metrics

- analyzing user behavior

- controlling ab tests (we do final measurements with other tools)

- finding bugs (specially when we release new version)

Amplitude review by Tia G.
Tia G.

"Amplitude is like a flashlight in a dark cave"

What do you like best?

I have been a PM for 15 years, and only wish Amplitude existed 15 years ago. Unlike most other data tools, Amplitude is easy to implement, provides real-time data, is tremendously powerful in cutting your data however you like, and is a pleasure to use. Gone are the days of only using instincts and talking to customers as the way to set your product direction.

What do you dislike?

The cost is very high. It's worth the money, but still high.

Amplitude helps us solve the problem of what our product direction should be. What problems are our user having? What features of our product are our users using a lot, and we can improve on? What groups of users are there? We are continuously launching products experiments, and using Amptlidue to decide on the results of the experiment.

Amplitude review by Bryan S.
Bryan S.

"Everything Makes Sense"

What do you like best?

I get the feeling that Amplitude really understands its target market to a "T". I'm impressed at how the hierarchy of information presented perfectly matches what I actually want to use the platform for - the most common analyses and operations are the most accessible.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more efficient way to merge or "clean up" rogue events. The new Taxonomy feature helps a little, but doesn't feel like the most intuitive thing to use.

We use amplitude to track our core business metrics, as well as collect the results of various experiments/tests.

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

Amplitude provides an easy to understand platform to analyze and track lots of data. The different types of charts and formulas that you can use provide a robust way to visualize data points to show performance. Users should be able to pick up the program without much prior knowledge of such platforms.

What do you dislike?

Basic queries can be easy, but more understanding of the tools may be needed to create specific analyses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is useful to have some introduction to the platform by someone with prior knowledge.

We use Amplitude to track specific user behavior so we can better suit our products to their needs. It is easy to track tests so we can see what performs better. We have been able to make key decisions based on our findings from the data.

Amplitude review by Emma H.
Emma H.

"Amplitude is a good tracking tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see the trend on the chart between your selected dates, and its great that you can follow the path of a user experience

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes I am unsure if amplitude is measuring both desktop and mobile impressions

I use it to measure the success of my marketing and advertising campaigns on our site. This helps track how the campaigns are delivering and help understand the trends in our audience at different times of the day, week, month and year.

Amplitude review by Aurora M.
Aurora M.

"Provide what it promises"

What do you like best?

This platform helps you answer difficult questions for your product development strategy and also helps teams unlock the ability to use ideas to make a better product. It has many guides so that you can practice the product developments.

What do you dislike?

It does not have social networks therefore it can not generate so much publicity and it gets few clients. You do not have a chat so you can contact bandages quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The website is secure, you can explore demonstrations and have modern equipment.

I was able to obtain good user data to improve the company's products and services.

Amplitude review by User in Computer Software

"Amplitude can be valuable but difficult to use and maintain"

What do you like best?

I love how you can completely customize your events with amplitude. We use it across mobile and web and for our dashboards and trial experiences within our product.

What do you dislike?

This product is not very intuitive, especially as a non-technical employee. After their recent update, it got even harder to use. It's also very difficult to maintain. I also dislike how they don't offer any customer support for users below 8 million events. I think we would find more value out of it with training for our whole team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone to fully own this product. They will need to learn the product very well and set up all the events & naming conventions for those events.

We needed something to track very specific events across mobile & web and wanted full customization of our reports. I love how you can customize everything about a report, from the device someone is using to the direction they are clicking things, it has been very valuable for us in understanding our users.

Amplitude review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool. But hard to keep engagement"

What do you like best?

I like how it is able to give high level metrics. It provides details on number of users using the software, how often they have clicked etc. And that helps me provide stats to my stakeholders on the product usage. Qualtrics surveys needed to understand what features were driving usage and therefore retention and what they could do to improve it. An in-house built solution could not deliver on providing these insights. Amplitude was very helpful to get these insights for my team and I. I understand what makes users tick, and am able to rapidly release better product experiences.

What do you dislike?

I have two issues.

1. It does not get granular enough. Does not show me the deep dive metrics that I can see to understand the why.

2. It is not engaging. It should have a better way to let me know when there are anomalies in my data.

3. While the pre-built reports are super useful in helping teams produce the industry-standard types of reports on engagements and funnel analysis, the process of customizing a view feels rather confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software. Try it out!

I use this to understand how often a product is used, the type of users and customers using the product and what features are not used as much as expected. That allows me to prioritize on the product roadmap.

Amplitude review by Coline D.
Coline D.

"One of the best analytics tools I've used"

What do you like best?

The user experience is so friendly and easy, love the ways you can visualize the data and create very detailed dashboards. Amplitude offers a wide array of tools to understand in details your users behavior, from cohorts, to funnels, to lifecycle and retention analysis among many others.

What do you dislike?

Custom events tagging has to be really well done for it to be accurate

Improving conversion rates thanks to the funnel analysis, following up on daily & monthly KPIs, helping identify and fix issues, understanding the behavior of certain segments of users

Amplitude review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Great product analytics solution "

What do you like best?

Amplitude is a powerful analytics solution that pipes directly from our event stream. The out of the box analysis tools make the data analyst's role scalable by a large magnitude, with a tremendous ease to run and share actionable insights.

What do you dislike?

The platform can only ingest data from Segment, so there are limitations on what metadata is available to bring into analyses.

Solving for how to guide our product decisions and roadmap with actionable insights. Understanding our user base through advanced segmentation. Keeping track of Company KPIs through the dashboard.

Amplitude review by Abishek V.
Abishek V.

"Democratized data analysis"

What do you like best?

Ability to share and collaborate. Create a dashboard for personal use, and/or publish it to the whole organization so everybody else doesnt have to start from 0.

What do you dislike?

Doesnt cater well to the enterprise use case as much, but can work well if we spend time configuring and connecting data sources.

Our company wasn't as data driven as I wanted to and it was party because data was tough to source and analyze. Amplitude made it easier to source insights and then share with the entire company.

Amplitude review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Cohorting and Dashboarding at it's finest"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to cohort groups based on their event stream as well as the ability to upload specific files to create cohorts. The latter is very important as it allows you to take data from disparate systems and compare them against other cohorts. The implementation team is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Totals of unique events can be tricky to get at in the table views below the graphs.

The main focus for us was better "grouping" of customers for analysis. Overall Amplitude represents our ad hoc analytics tool and allows us to track events, identify users who perform specific events.

Amplitude review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Excellent tool, fabulous to get started & scales"

What do you like best?

Amplitude is 100% what I recommend to just about anyone trying to do usage tracking. They head/shoulders better than MixPanel/Kissmetrics and are even free for a ton of usage. As close to a no-brainer as it gets.

You can clearly see that their technology is much more advanced than their competitors. More things are possible and charts render quickly.

What do you dislike?

I still find the new 2017 UI pretty confusing. I don't love how dashboards are laid out. It's confusing to me what is shared and what isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try

AB tests. Usage analytics. Funnel analysis.

Amplitude review by Kumar U.
Kumar U.

"Awesome Analytics "

What do you like best?

I use Amplitude for my day to day product analytics requirements and am really amazed by the exhaustive set of tools for deep dive analysis. The cohorts, retention analysis features are very robust, which offer quick analysis for host of business problems.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much in particular.I am a fan of amplitude.

Tracking our day to day business metrics and deep dive analysis for any change in trends.Amplitude makes it really easy to draw insights for my day to day business decisions.

"Fast and furious "

What do you like best?

We have been using Amplitude to better monitor our customers' log so that we can serve them better. We used to use another similar product, but Amplitude is more better than the previous one. It provides fast query so that our CS can be more responsive. The results provided by Amplitude is also very visual and cognitive,

What do you dislike?

There aren't much dislikes about Amplitude. If we would have to point one out, it would be that we have to communicate with the Amplitude team using English. We are a Korean company, so sometimes we have trouble communicating if the members of our company's Overseas Projects Team are missing. Still, this is actually something fundamental (as Amplitude is an overseas company from the standpoint of our company). And since we have a good Overseas Projects Team, we don't actually have much difficulties communicating with Amplitude.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Competitive with a reasonable price

To swiftly view events (including user agent, device information etc) related to a certain user in the order of time

To easily extract and analyze certain user groups

To conveniently share information (Slack, email, etc)

Amplitude review by Administrator

"Product analytics is different than marketing analytics or business intelligence"

What do you like best?

Amplitude is designed for product managers or anyone who needs to understand user behavior. Not just how much money did we make last month or how many people signed up. But really understanding the actions that are successful users are taking. Understanding this helps a product manager identify problems to solve for the users who aren't successful.

1) Amplitude does this really well with the ability to create and explore conversion funnels.

2) Understand who your best users are with practically endless segmentation (i.e segment this data by

device and geography).

3) Create cohorts on they fly for analysis into their paths thru your product.

4) Analytics is only as good as the data that you bring in. The Taxonomy tool helps manage your data dictionary and prevent bad data from creeping in. Set data validation and alerts when bad data flows in from a GUI admin interface.

What do you dislike?

Cold start problem. For a user that you invite to the platform - there isn't a clear path on what they should look at 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Many people who may not spend a lot of time in analytics ask the question - how is this different than Looker or Google Analytics. Amplitude should have a better onboarding experience to give new users the "so what" sooner so that a person on the team doesn't have to spend time with everyone to get buy in.

- understanding user behavior across platforms and how that drives business impact

- identifying dropoffs in a conversion funnel

- identify who your best, retained users are and what they do to become successful

- quickly getting answers without the 1-2-3-4 week back and forth of talking to a data analyst and dealing with JIRA

Amplitude review by Mrudula K.
Mrudula K.

"User friendly experience"

What do you like best?

The tool is extremely user friendly. The documentation is easy to understand. The support is fairly quick.

What do you dislike?

The date selection is only 365 days. The product has been live longer than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy access to the sql tab would be helpful

Behavioral cohorts. Creating user buckets made my analyses fairly easy. User paths are helpful in tracking the exact journey of the user and helps me track the drop offs

Amplitude review by Peter Zhen Xiong D.
Peter Zhen Xiong D.

"Amplitude is a great platform for all business departments to leverage analytics to make choices."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to teach others who don't have a deep knowledge of analytics.

What do you dislike?

Restrictions on features, cost, slowdowns.

Amplitude provides sufficient analysis for all departments to have a deeper understanding into what the Analytics team comes up with. They can even use the program itself to get a satisfactory sample size of data, that they can query to their own liking.

Amplitude review by Ely L.
Ely L.

"Great tool for understanding your user base"

What do you like best?

It's very simple and fast to dissect your app/site traffic to understand your users.

What do you dislike?

Recently, there's more random slow-downs. Generally, it's very fast though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You'll love it! You can even import some Adobe data to test it out with real data.

Amplitude helped us understand our user base better. It also enabled a lot of our business users to answer their own questions.

Amplitude review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Change.org use of Amplitude for Product / User Analysis"

What do you like best?

Interface ease of use.

Easy setup for fast experimentation, A/B testing.

Amplitude product team new feature velocity faster than our ability to learn, initiate new capabilities. :)

What do you dislike?

Property volume limits.

User segmentation can be tricky, at times we have trouble reconciling amplitude results with direct queries.

Realtime awareness: of key funnel performance.

Velocity. Has allowed us to increase our experiment velocity significantly.

Learn more about Amplitude Analytics

Amplitude Analytics Videos

Learning about Amplitude Analytics?

* We monitor all Amplitude Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(84 reviews)